Summary: A variety of surgical reconstructive procedures devised to restore gastrointestinal continuity, The two major classes of reconstruction are the Billroth I (gastroduodenostomy) and Billroth II (gastrojejunostomy) procedures.
Publications221 found, 100 shown here
- Determinants of surgical morbidity in gastric cancer treatmentRoberto Persiani
Department of Surgery, 1st General Surgery Unit, Catholic University of Rome, Rome, Italy
J Am Coll Surg 207:13-9. 2008..The aim of this study was to identify treatment-related factors that can predict morbidity and mortality in patients undergoing operations for gastric cancer...
- Prospective randomized trial of laparoscopic gastrojejunostomy versus duodenal stenting for malignant gastric outflow obstructionS Mehta
Department of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Colney Lane, Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Surg Endosc 20:239-42. 2006..We prospectively compared laparoscopic gastrojejunostomy with duodenal stenting as a means of palliating malignant gastric outflow obstruction...
- Totally laparoscopic radical BII gastrectomy for the treatment of gastric cancer: a comparison with open surgeryWei Jei Lee
Department of Surgery, Min Sheng General Hospital, National Taiwan University, Taiwan, ROC
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 18:369-74. 2008..The aim of this study is to determine whether this procedure is superior to conventional open technique...
- Transgastric endoscopic gastroenterostomy using a partially covered occluder: a canine feasibility studyH Luo
Department of Gastroenterology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
Endoscopy 44:493-8. 2012The use of natural oriﬁce transluminal endoscopic surgery (NOTES) for gastroenterostomy has been previously reported, but it remains technically challenging and additional assistance is often needed...
- Latest results (12-21 years) of a prospective randomized study comparing Billroth II and Roux-en-Y anastomosis after a partial gastrectomy plus vagotomy in patients with duodenal ulcersAtilla Csendes
Departments of Surgery, University of Chile, Santiago
Ann Surg 249:189-94. 2009..After a partial resection of the stomach, the continuity of the gastrointestinal tract can be restored either by a Billroth II gastrojejunal anastomosis or a Roux-en-Y gastrojejunostomy. Each procedure has its advantages and disadvantages...
- Reconstructive procedure after distal gastrectomy for gastric cancer that best prevents duodenogastroesophageal refluxKenichiro Fukuhara
Second Department of Surgery, Osaka City University Medical School, 1 4 3 Asahimachi Abeno ku, Osaka 545 8586, Japan
World J Surg 26:1452-7. 2002..Roux-Y reconstruction is superior to either Billroth I or II reconstruction for preventing bile reflux into the gastric remnant and esophagus after distal gastrectomy...
- Endoscopic stenting versus surgical gastroenterostomy for palliation of malignant gastroduodenal obstruction: a meta-analysisShunsuke Hosono
Department of Surgery, Osaka City Sumiyoshi Hospital, 1 2 16 Higashi Kagaya, Osaka 559 0012, Japan
J Gastroenterol 42:283-90. 2007We attempted to elucidate the current status of endoscopic self-expanding metal stents for palliation of malignant gastroduodenal obstruction in comparison with surgical gastroenterostomy.
- Palliative management of malignant antro-pyloric strictures. Gastroenterostomy vs. endoscopic stenting. A randomized prospective trialEnrico Fiori
Department of Surgery Pietro Valdoni, University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
Anticancer Res 24:269-71. 2004b>Gastroenterostomy was the palliative treatment of choice in patients with malignant unresectable gastric outlet obstruction...
- CT diagnosis of afferent loop syndromeG Gayer
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Clin Radiol 57:835-9. 2002..To report the computed tomography (CT) features of afferent loop syndrome which is often clinically unsuspected...
- Billroth 1 versus Roux-en-Y reconstructions: a quality-of-life survey at 5 yearsSouya Nunobe
Department of Surgery, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 12:433-9. 2007..There is a lack of comparative studies of the two methods focusing on long-term outcome. This study evaluated patient outcome, in terms of adverse gastrointestinal complaints and quality of life, at 5 years following surgery...
- Postoperative complications and functional results after subtotal gastrectomy with Billroth II reconstruction for primary gastric cancerCorrado Pedrazzani
Department of Human Pathology and Oncology, Unit of Surgical Oncology, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Dig Dis Sci 52:1757-63. 2007..The incidence of late complications was low and the majority of patients recovered from them within one year after surgery, although the occurrence of postprandial abdominal fullness was not completely irrelevant...
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of prophylactic gastroenterostomy for unresectable advanced pancreatic cancerN Huser
Department of Surgery, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Br J Surg 96:711-9. 2009The value of prophylactic gastroenterostomy (usually combined with a biliary bypass) in patients with unresectable cancer of the pancreatic head is controversial.
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography in patients with Billroth II gastroenterostomyBahattin Cicek
Department of Gastroenterology, Turkiye Yuksek Ihtisas Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:1210-3. 2007Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) is more complicated in patients with Billroth II gastroenterostomy (B II GE) especially in those associated with Braun anastomosis (BA)...
- The advantages and disadvantages of a Roux-en-Y reconstruction after a distal gastrectomy for gastric cancerYoshiyuki Hoya
Department of Surgery, Daisan Hospital, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Komae, Tokyo, Japan
Surg Today 39:647-51. 2009..Roux-en-Y reconstruction or Billroth I operation can only be selected after considering their respective advantages and disadvantages...
- Fluoroscopic-guided covered metallic stent placement for gastric outlet obstruction and post-operative gastroenterostomy anastomotic strictureJ M Lee
Department of Radiology, Chonbuk National University Hospital, Chonbuk, Korea
Clin Radiol 56:560-7. 2001..To evaluate the feasibility and safety of fluoroscopic-guided covered metallic stent placements in providing palliative care for patients with inoperable malignant gastric outlet obstruction...
- [Therapeutic strategy in carcinoma of the exocrine pancreas]A Puliga
Reparto di Chirurgia Generale Ospedale SS Trinità, AUSL 8, Cagliari
Tumori 89:84-5. 2003..4), 10.3% in BB(+)-GEA, 27% in GEA, 5.7% in LE. Actual survival rate was at 3 and 5 years after resection 9.7% and 4.8% respectively with median 18 months; mean survival was after by-pass 11 months (min 3, max 38) with median 9 months...
- Results after endoscopic treatment of postoperative upper gastrointestinal fistulas and leaks using combined Vicryl plug and fibrin glueS Truong
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074, Aachen, Germany
Surg Endosc 18:1105-8. 2004..Depending on the clinical presentation, the treatment options include surgery, conservative treatment with or without external drainage or endoscopic treatment...
- Laparoscopic palliative gastrojejunostomy for advanced recurrent gastric cancer after Billroth I resectionAndrea Cogliandolo
Divisione di Chirurgia Generale V, Universita degli Studi di Messina, Messina, Italy
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 14:43-6. 2004..Operative results were good, vomiting was relieved, and the patient was able to cope with his disease until death eventually occurred after 6 months...
- How I do it: D2 gastrectomyP McCulloch
University of Liverpool, Academic Unit of Surgery, Clinical Sciences Centre, University Hospital Aintree, Longmoor Lane, Liverpool, L9 7AL, UK
Eur J Surg Oncol 28:738-43. 2002
- Intussusception after gastric surgeryK H Kim
Dept of Internal Medicine, Kangdong Sacred Heart Hospital, Hallym University Medical Center, Seoul, South Korea
Endoscopy 37:1237-43. 2005..It may develop in clinical situations following gastroenterostomy, Billroth II gastric surgery with or without Braun anastomosis, or Roux-en-Y gastrojejunostomy...
- Concomitant laparoscopic gastric and biliary bypass and bilateral thoracoscopic splanchnotomy: the full package of minimally invasive palliation for pancreatic cancerA S M Ali
Department of Surgery, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9WL, UK
Surg Endosc 17:2028-31. 2003..These complications may be palliated effectively using minimally invasive techniques. Their combined application in a single setting is presented and discussed in this article...
- [Clinico-morphological assessment of early and late results of laser therapy of the anastomosis area after radical surgeries for stomach cancer]B N Zyrianov
Cancer Research Center, 634001, Tomsk
Arkh Patol 65:17-21. 2003....
- Pylorus-preserving pancreatoduodenectomy with Billroth I type reconstruction: a viable option for pancreatic head resectionRohit Makhija
Department of Surgery, Derriford Hospital, Level 7, Plymouth PL6 8DH, UK
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 9:614-9. 2002..The aim of this study was to investigate the efficacy of pylorus-preserving pancreatoduodenectomy (PPPD) versus standard pancreatoduodenectomy (PD)...
- Techniques and complications of laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy (LADG) for gastric cancerM C Kim
Department of Surgery, Dong A University College of Medicine, 3 1 Dongdaeshin dong, Seo Gu, Busan 602 715, South Korea
Eur J Surg Oncol 33:700-5. 2007..The aims of this study were to investigate intraoperative and postoperative complications in laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy (LADG) with more than D1+beta lymphadenectomy for gastric cancer...
- Does eradication of Helicobacter pylori reduce the risk of carcinogenesis in the residual stomach after gastrectomy for early gastric cancer? Comparison of mucosal lesions in the residual stomach before and after Helicobacter pylori eradicationK Hamaguchi
Department of Surgery, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Daini Hospital, 2 1 10 Nishiogu, Arakawa ku, 116 8567 Tokyo, Japan
Langenbecks Arch Surg 389:83-91. 2004..Recently, Helicobacter pylori has been highlighted as an agent that induces such mucosal alterations. In the present study, we evaluated whether eradication of H. pylori reduced the risk of carcinogenesis...
- Mechanical-stapled versus hand-sutured anastomoses in billroth-I reconstruction with distal gastrectomyTsunehiro Takahashi
Department of Surgery, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, 160 8582, Japan
Surg Today 37:122-6. 2007..Thus, we performed a retrospective study to compare the clinical outcome of MSA and conventional hand-sutured anastomosis (HA)...
- [Assessment of effectiveness of gastroduodenal anastomosis in the surgery of gastric cancer]T Sh Morgoshiia
Vestn Khir Im I I Grek 165:27-30. 2006..1% and 24.7% respectively. Original methods of operations were developed and introduced into practice for the improvement of immediate and long-term functional results of the surgery on the stomach...
- Gastrojejunostomy for gastric outlet obstruction in patients with gastric carcinomaD A Stupart
Department of Surgery, Groote Schuur Hospital, University of Cape Town
S Afr J Surg 44:52-4. 2006..To investigate the utility of gastrojejunostomy for the palliation of gastric outlet obstruction in irresectable or incurable gastric carcinoma...
- Afferent loop obstruction with pancreatitis after distal partial gastrectomy with B-II reconstruction added Braun anastomosis for cancer of the stomachKoji Nakao
Second Department of Surgery, Hyogo College of Medicine, 1 1 Mukogawa cho, Nishinomiya, Hyogo, 663, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 50:893-6. 2003..Her clinical course subsequently improved and she was discharged on the 104th postoperative day. This paper describes the details of this unusual condition, and we discuss a review of the literature...
- [Gastric necrosis from acute dilatation without underlying psychiatric disorder]M A Gomez
Département de Radiologie Adultes Hôpital Trousseau, CHU de Tours, 37044 Tours Cedex
J Radiol 85:643-5. 2004..The detection of these imaging signs in an appropriate clinical setting, even without underlying psychiatric context, is important to avoid any delay in diagnosis and reduce mortality...
- Reconstructive procedure after distal gastrectomy to prevent remnant gastritisH Osugi
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 51:1215-8. 2004..This study sought to determine which reconstructive procedure is least likely to cause remnant gastritis and to determine the correlation between duodenogastric reflux and remnant gastritis...
- Endoscopic papillary balloon dilation in the management of common bile duct stones in patients with Roux-En-Y reconstructionM Inomata
First Department of Internal Medicine, Iwate Medical University School of Medicine, 19 1 Uchimaru, Morioka, Iwate 020 8505, Japan
Endoscopy 36:669. 2004
- Palliative stenting of recurrent malignancy at gastrojejunostomy anastomotic sitesA O'Connor
Gastrointestinal Unit, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, University College, Dublin, Ireland
Ir J Med Sci 173:219-20. 2004..Not uncommonly outlet obstruction can recur due to tumour involvement of the gastroenterostomy site. A further surgical procedure may not be feasible in these circumstances...
- Extended indications of laparoscopic procedures to advanced gastric cancerG C Huscher
Surg Endosc 19:737; author reply 738. 2005
- Percutaneous transhepatic insertion of metal stents with a double-pigtail catheter in afferent loop obstruction following distal gastrectomyHiroshi Yoshida
First Department of Surgery, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 52:680-2. 2005..A double-pigtail catheter was inserted into the metal stents to prevent migration. Good stent placement was confirmed and the drainage catheter was removed...
- [Pancreatic fistula after pancreaticoduodenectomy: risk factors and treatment]M Abete
Struttura Complessa di Chirurgia Generale, Dipartimento Chirurgico di Imperia, ASL 1 Imperiese, Imperia, Italy
Minerva Chir 60:99-110. 2005..The aim of the study is to analyze the main etiopatogenetic factors and the treatment of this complication in the literature and, retrospectively, in own experience...
- Double cancer of the stomach and oesophagus with situs ambiguus with polysplenia: the importance of preoperative evaluationS S Park
Department of Surgery, Korea University College of Medicine, 80 Guro dong, Guro Gu, Seoul 152 703, Korea
Dig Liver Dis 37:799-802. 2005..This is the first case presentation of a double carcinoma occurring in a patient with situs ambiguus with polysplenia. The literature is reviewed and the importance of preoperative evaluation is discussed...
- [Palliative treatment of malignant obstruction of distal part of the ventricle or duodenum: large incision, small incision or no incision at all?]Peter Vilmann
Ugeskr Laeger 167:3665. 2005
- Oral trypsin inhibitor can improve reflux esophagitis after distal gastrectomy concomitant with decreased trypsin activityKoji Kono
First Department of Surgery, University of Yamanashi, 1110 Tamaho, Yamanashi 409 3898, Japan
Am J Surg 190:412-7. 2005..We investigated the clinical usefulness and antitrypsin activity after treatment with a trypsin inhibitor, camostat mesilate, against the reflux esophagitis after distal gastrectomy reconstructed with Billroth-I anastomosis...
- Surgical treatment for upper or middle esophageal carcinoma occurring after gastrectomy: a study of 52 casesB C Cheng
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
Dis Esophagus 18:239-45. 2005..The 1-, 3- and 5-year survival rate of cases with resection of the esophageal lesions and reconstruction of the esophagus was 84.6%, 57.7% and 26.7% respectively...
- Experience with the circular stapler for the gastrojejunostomy in laparoscopic gastric bypass (350 cases)Juan Antonio Luján
Departamento de Cirugía General Hospital Universitario Virgen de la Arrixaca, Murcia, Spain
Obes Surg 15:1096-102. 2005..The gastrojejunostomy performed during Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGBP) operations has technical variability with different outcomes and complication-rates immediate postoperatively and at long-term follow-up...
- A simple technique for circular-stapled Billroth I reconstruction in laparoscopic gastrectomyT Omori
Department of Surgery E1, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, 565 0871, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Surg Endosc 19:734-6. 2005..The circular-stapled gastroduodenostomy then is completed in a standard fashion. The authors have used this technique for three patients, and their early outcomes are promising...
- Endoscopic evaluation of the gastrojejunostomy in laparoscopic gastric bypass. A series of 340 patients without postoperative leakN Sekhar
Department of Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical School, D 5219 MCN, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Surg Endosc 20:199-201. 2006..The aim of our study was to evaluate the efficacy of intraoperative endoscopy in preventing postoperative anastomotic leakage...
- [Comparative assessment of surgical interventions for cancer of the distal part of the stomach]T Sh Morgoshiia
Vestn Khir Im I I Grek 165:20-2. 2006..It was found that after the Billroth-I resection the frequency of disease of the operated stomach was less, the other indices such as postoperative lethality rate, complications, survival up to 10 years, had no substantial difference...
- Long-term quality of life after laparoscopically assisted distal gastrectomy for gastric cancerNaoki Ikenaga
Department of Surgery, Kitakyushu Municipal Medical Center, Fukuoka, Japan
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 16:119-23. 2006..To investigate whether laparoscopically assisted distal gastrectomy (LADG) contributes to long-term quality of life as compared to open gastrectomy in patients with early-stage gastric cancer...
- Postoperative evaluation of the jejunal pouch reconstruction following proximal and distal gastrectomy for cancerEiji Nomura
Department of General and Gastroenterological Surgery, Osaka Medical College, Takatsuki, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 51:1561-6. 2004....
- Novel operative technique for vagal nerve- and pyloric sphincter-preserving distal gastrectomy reconstructed by interposition of a 5 cm jejunal J pouch with a 3 cm jejunal conduit for early gastric cancer and postoperative quality of life 5 years after opRyouichi Tomita
Department of Surgery, Nippon Dental University School of Dentistry at Tokyo and Nippon Dental University Hospital, 2 3 16 Fujimi, Chiyoda ku, 102 8158, Tokyo, Japan
World J Surg 28:766-74. 2004..The results suggest that the proposed technique is a function-preserving gastric operation appropriate for preventing postgastrectomy disorder...
- Acute intussusception 15 years postgastrectomyHsiu Chen Shih
Am J Emerg Med 22:425-6. 2004
- [The surgical treatment of gastric carcinoma. Evolution in surgical technique and staging in a series of 194 patients]R Tersigni
Struttura Complessa di Chirurgia Generale 1 Flajani, Azienda Ospedaliera, San Camillo Forlanini, Rome
Minerva Chir 59:479-87. 2004..The aim of this paper is to describe the personal experience during the last 2 decades and analyze the results of the surgical approach which has changed over the time...
- The value of reoperative procedures after unusual reconstructions in the gastrointestinal tract associated with substantial morbidityHueseyin Bektas
Klinik für Viszeral und Transplantationschirurgie, Medizinische Hochschule, Hannover, Germany
J Gastrointest Surg 10:111-22. 2006..Compliance with well-established standard reconstructive procedures is of elementary importance in the gastrointestinal tract. Operative correction of uncommon reconstructions associated with morbidity is usually indicated...
- Morphologic analysis of gastroesophageal reflux diseases in patients after distal gastrectomyTsunehiro Takahashi
Department of Surgery, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, 160 8582 Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
World J Surg 29:50-7. 2005..In contrast, the R-Y operation was shown to preserve the cardia and the position of the remnant stomach better. As a result, R-Y might help prevent not only duodenogastric reflux but also gastroesophageal reflux...
- A modified stapling technique for performing Billroth I anastomosis after distal gastrectomyKunio Takeuchi
Department of Surgery, Tone Chuo Hospital, 1855 1 Higashiharashin machi, Numata City, Gunma 378 0053, Japan
World J Surg 29:113-5. 2005..5%) of 18 cases. There have been no other postoperative complications related to the anastomosis. We believe that our technique is superior in simplicity and security to the conventional techniques...
- Postoperative ghrelin levels and delayed recovery from body weight loss after distal or total gastrectomyKo Takachi
Department of Digestive Surgery, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Osaka, Japan
J Surg Res 130:1-7. 2006..Body weight loss is a common but one of the most serious sequelae after gastrectomy. Ghrelin, a novel gastric hormone that up-regulates body weight through appetite control and metabolic reaction, seems to be affected by gastric surgery...
- Clinical outcome of pylorus-preserving gastrectomy in gastric cancer in comparison with conventional distal gastrectomy with Billroth I anastomosisDo Joong Park
Department of Surgery, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
World J Surg 32:1029-36. 2008..This study was designed to evaluate the postoperative functional characteristics of PPG versus conventional distal gastrectomy with Billroth I anastomosis (BI)...
- Modified Billroth I after distal gastrectomy for prevention of remnant gastritis? The feasibility report (Billroth I evolved in year 120)Yoshiyuki Hoya
Surgery 142:427-8. 2007
- Intracorporeal Billroth 1 reconstruction by triangulating stapling technique after laparoscopic distal gastrectomy for gastric cancerShinya Tanimura
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Osaka City General Hospital, Miyakojima ku, Osaka, Japan
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 18:54-8. 2008..Intracorporeal Billroth 1 reconstruction by TST is a safe procedure that provides a good visual field regardless of the patient's figure and a feasible technique for reconstruction after laparoscopic distal gastrectomies...
- [Reconstruction after distal gastrectomy]Hitoshi Katai
Gastric Surgery Division, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Nihon Geka Gakkai Zasshi 109:264-8. 2008..The Roux-en-Y procedure is thus one of the best options after distal gastrectomy. Selection of the reconstruction procedure should be based on clinical evidence...
- ERCP via mature feeding jejunostomy tube tract in a patient with Roux-en-Y anatomy (with video)Todd H Baron
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 68:189-91. 2008
- Laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy with intracorporeal Billroth I stapled anastomosis using a hand access device for patients with gastric cancerY T Joo
Department of Surgery, Postgraduate School of Medicine, Gyeongsang National University, Gyeongsang National University Hospital, 90 Chilam dong, Jinju, Gyeongsangnam do, South Korea
Surg Endosc 21:859-62. 2007..As laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy (LADG) gains increasing popularity, various techniques of laparoscopic gastroduodenal anastomosis are being introduced...
- Microbiological evaluation after gastrectomy and reconstruction for gastric cancerYoshihisa Sekita
Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Health Science, Tokyo Medical and Dental University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Int Surg 92:355-60. 2007..Some patients after jejunal pouch reconstruction worried about their halitosis. Therefore, elimination of anaerobes may relieve it and improve postoperative quality of life...
- Laparoscopic gatrojejunostomy for palliation of gastric outlet obstruction in unresectable gastric cancerY B Choi
Department of Surgery, University of Ulsan College of Medicine and Asan Medical Center, 388 1 Poongnap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul 138 736, Korea
Surg Endosc 16:1620-6. 2002..g., unresectable cancer). The recent trend toward minimally invasive procedures has led us to apply laparoscopic bypass surgery for gastric obstruction caused by unresectable advanced gastric cancer...
- [Centralization on fewer surgeons--an example from gastric surgery]Signe Bruun Munksgaard
Gentofte Hospital, Kirurgisk gastroenterologisk afdeling, Hellerup
Ugeskr Laeger 169:2009-12. 2007..The background for this study was to investigate whether it would be beneficial to centralize gastric surgery, not only in fewer departments but also in fewer hands in the department...
- [Bladder metastasis of a stomach carcinoma. Presentation of a case]A Blanco Diez
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Juan Canalejo, La Coruna
Actas Urol Esp 26:436-9. 2002..U.R.), and its evolution. We make a brief revision of the bladder metastatic pathology...
- High prevalence of Epstein-Barr virus in gastric remnant carcinoma after Billroth-II reconstructionJ Nishikawa
Microbiology and Tumorbiology Center, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 37:825-9. 2002..Details of the background remnant stomach of EBV-positive lesions, however, have not been well clarified...
- Post-prandial portal hemodynamics after upper gastrointestinal tract abscissionShigeki Kanamura
Department of Surgery II, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Minamikogushi, Ube, Yamaguchi 7558505, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 54:445-8. 2007..The purpose of this study is to analyze the changes in post-prandial portal hemodynamics after upper gastrointestinal tract abscission, using pulsed Doppler ultrasonography...
- Laparoscopic devine exclusion gastroenterostomy for the palliation of unresectable and obstructing gastric carcinomaBasil J Ammori
Royal Gwent Hospital, Newport, United Kingdom
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 12:353-5. 2002The Devine exclusion gastroenterostomy is an effective procedure for the relief of gastric outlet obstruction in patients with unresectable carcinoma of the gastric antrum...
- The role of acid and alkaline reflux in laryngeal squamous cell carcinomaJ Galli
Institute of Otolaryngology, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Laryngoscope 112:1861-5. 2002..In last years, great interest has been focused on gastroesophageal reflux as independent carcinogenic factor and co-carcinogen in association with smoking and alcohol assumption...
- Duodenogastric reflux quantification in peptic ulcer surgery: comparison between different surgical techniquesP Parrilla
Department of General Surgery, Virgen de la Arrixaca, University Hospital, University of Murcia, El Palmar, Spain
Surgery 113:43-7. 1993..We quantified duodenogastric reflux with 6-hour continuous intravenous infusion of technetium 99m-labeled hepatoiminodiacetic acid (99mTc-HIDA) and subsequent quantification in gastric juice...
- Gastro-duodenal peptic ulcer perforationJ C B Dakubo
University of Ghana, Medical School, P O Box 4236, Accra, Ghana
East Afr Med J 86:100-9. 2009..To determine the epidemiology of, and define the morbidity and mortality factors following emergency surgery for patients with perforated peptic ulcer disease in Accra, Ghana...
- Chromoendoscopic evaluation of gastric mucosa after partial gastrectomy by use of modified endoscopic Congo red testErvin Toth
Endoscopy Unit, Department of Medicine and Surgery, University Hospitals of Malmö and Lund, Lund University, S 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
World J Surg 27:719-24. 2003..Furthermore, MCRT was superior to routine gastroscopy in diagnosing CAFG in the gastric stump. Outcome studies should define the clinical benefit of MCRT in the management of patients with resected stomach...
- The CLO test is unreliable in diagnosing H. pylori infection in post-surgical stomach; is there any role of H. pylori in peptic ulcer recurrence?A Archimandritis
Department of Pathophysiology, University of Athens Medical School, Laiko General Hospital, Greece
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 12:93-6. 2000..To evaluate the validity of the CLO test in detecting Helicobacter pylori in patients with gastric operation and to investigate the relationship of H. pylori with peptic ulcer recurrence in these patients...
- Gallbladder emptying after antiulcer gastric surgeryG Pechlivanides
2nd Surgical Department, Athens Naval and Veterans Hospital, Greece
Am J Surg 168:335-9. 1994..Truncal vagotomy seems to disrupt vagally mediated preduodenal mechanism, resulting in delayed onset and reduced rate, whereas duodenal exclusion by gastrojejunostomy results in severely decreased rate of gallbladder emptying...
- The deconjugation ability of bacteria isolated from the jejunal fluids in the blind loop syndrome with high 14CO2 excretion--using the breath analysis technique and thin-layer chromatographyK Shindo
First Department of Internal Medicine, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Japan
Life Sci 45:2275-83. 1989..However, there has been no report on the deconjugation ability of bile acids of bacteria isolated from the jejunal fluids in the efferent loop of patients with Billroth II who had positive breath tests.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Neuroendocrine tumours of the duodenum. Clinical aspects, pathomorphology and therapyHelmut Witzigmann
Department of Abdominal, Transplantation and Vascular Surgery, University of Leipzig, Liebigstrasse 20a, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 386:525-33. 2002..There are few studies concerning the biological characteristics and adequate therapy of these tumours...
- Therapeutic endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography using an anterior oblique-viewing endoscope for bile duct stones in patients with prior Billroth II gastrectomyKazunari Nakahara
Department of Gastroenterology, Sendai City Medical Center, 5 22 1 Tsurugaya, Miyagino ku, Sendai, Miyagi, 983 0824, Japan
J Gastroenterol 44:212-7. 2009..We retrospectively evaluated the usefulness and safety of therapeutic ERCP using an anterior oblique-viewing endoscope for bile duct stones in patients with prior Billroth II gastrectomy...
- Bile reflux index after therapeutic biliary proceduresSedef Kuran
Gastroenterology Department, Turkiye Yuksek Ihtisas Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
BMC Gastroenterol 8:4. 2008..Patients are potential "bile refluxers". The aim of this study was to assess how these procedures affect the histology-based bile reflux index (BRI), which can be used to reflect duodenogastric reflux (DGR)...
- [Dementia caused by bacterial overgrowth in a patient with Billroth II gastrectomy]J C Subtil
Servicio de Digestivo, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, Pamplona
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 88:431-3. 1996..We consider this case to be interesting because it shows the existence of curable dementias and the usefulness of taking into account bacterial overgrowth, usually underestimated, as an entity that can produce a variety of disorders...
- The influence of reconstruction methods on food retention phenomenon in the remnant stomach after a subtotal gastrectomyHyung Joong Jung
Center for Gastric Cancer, National Cancer Center, Ilsandong gu, Goyang si, Gyeonggi Do, South Korea
J Surg Oncol 98:11-4. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine whether reconstruction methods after the distal subtotal gastrectomy influenced the degree of food residue and bile reflux...
- Master of surgery in Archiv für Klinische ChirurgieH G Beger
Universitätsklinik Ulm, Steinhovelstrasse 9, Ulm, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 395:17-21. 2010..Surgeons from Germany contributed strongly to the upturn of operative treatment in the second half of the nineteenth century...
- Minimal access surgery--the renaissance of gastric surgery?R McCloy
University Department of Surgery, Manchester Royal Infirmary, United Kingdom
Yale J Biol Med 67:159-66. 1994..Criteria for patient selection need to be defined and substantiated by audit of outcome...
- Simultaneous dynamic study of gastric emptying and changes of serum levels of gut hormones in patients after peptic ulcer surgeryVladimir B Obradovic
Institute for Nuclear Medicine, Clinical Centre of Serbia, Beograd, Serbia and Montenegro
Nucl Med Rev Cent East Eur 9:51-5. 2006..The aim was to examine the influence of different modalities of peptic ulcer surgery on the gastric emptying (GE) pattern and related serum level changes of selected gut hormones...
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography and needle-knife sphincterotomy in patients with Billroth II gastrectomy: a comparative study of the forward-viewing endoscope and the side-viewing duodenoscopeM H Kim
Dept of Internal Medicine, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Endoscopy 29:82-5. 1997....
- Chronic antral ulcer associated with gastroduodenal lymphocytic phlebitisSusan C Abraham
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 28:1659-63. 2004..We hypothesize that there may be more cases of upper gastrointestinal ELP than are diagnosed as such, in part because the diagnosis can be made only on surgical resections specimens...
- In situ vs ex situ pancreatic duct stents of duct-to-mucosa pancreaticojejunostomy after pancreaticoduodenectomy with billroth I-type reconstructionSusumu Ohwada
Second Department of Surgery, Gunma University Faculty of Medicine, 3 39 15 Showa Machi, Maebashi, Japan
Arch Surg 137:1289-93. 2002..Pancreatic fistula is a leading cause of morbidity and mortality after pancreaticoduodenectomy, and an external stent of pancreaticojejunostomy has been recommended to prevent pancreatic fistula...
- Bile reflux as possible risk factor in laryngopharyngeal inflammatory and neoplastic lesionsJ Galli
Institute of Otorhinolaryngology, Sacro Cuore Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 23:377-82. 2003....
- [Relation of Helicobacter pylori and the stomach operated on for peptic ulcer]H Hurtado Andrade
Rev Gastroenterol Mex 63:187-97. 1998..to operations that cause biliary reflux (gastrectomy Billroth I, gastrectomy Billroth II, pyloroplasty or gastroenterostomy)...
- Trypsin activity and bile acid concentrations in the esophagus after distal gastrectomyKoji Kono
First Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Yamanashi, 1110 Tamaho, Yamanashi, 409 3898, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 51:1159-64. 2006....
- The effect of vagotomy and antrectomy on serum pepsinogens I and IIA Peetsalu
Second Dept of General Surgery, Tartu State University, Estonia
Scand J Gastroenterol 25:455-61. 1990..In GU patients the decrease in mean S-PG I value after the Billroth I operation was smaller than in DU patients after vagotomy.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Intussusception in adults: clinical characteristics, diagnosis and operative strategiesSavas Yakan
Department of Surgery, Izmir Education and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 15:1985-9. 2009..To evaluate 20 adults with intussusception and to clarify the cause, clinical features, diagnosis, and management of this uncommon entity...
- Three cases of synchronous laparoscopic resection for gastric and colonic cancerMasahiro Nishikawa
Department of Surgery, Asakayama Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 20:e218-25. 2010..Double cancer patients with gastric and colonic carcinomas were thought to be very suitable for laparoscopic surgery because by avoiding a total median skin incision, there is less wound pain and quicker postoperation recovery...
- Jejunal interposition to prevent postgastrectomy syndromesY Morii
Surgery Division, Arita Gastrointestinal Hospital, Oita, Japan
Br J Surg 87:1576-9. 2000..To prevent such syndromes, since January 1994 jejunal interposition has been used following distal gastrectomy. The aim of this study was to evaluate the benefit of this procedure...
- Rectus abdominis muscle flap for high-output duodenal fistula: novel techniqueJagdish Chander
Department of Surgery, Maulana Azad Medical College, House No 12, Type V Quarters, 110 002 New Delhi, India
World J Surg 28:179-82. 2004..The leak was completely sealed in all patients. One patient died of septicemia. We recommend this technique for the management of postsurgical external duodenal fistula as an alternative to other surgical techniques...
- The clinical presentations of ectopic biliary drainage into duodenal bulbus and stomach with a thorough review of the current literatureUlku Saritas
Department of Internal Medicine, Suleyman Demirel University School of Medicine, Isparta, 32040 Turkey
BMC Gastroenterol 10:2. 2010..Ectopic biliary drainage is a rare congenital anomaly on which we have scarce data in the current literature...
- The use of synthetic vascular prosthesis in the surgical treatment of secondary aorto-duodenal fistulasArtur Pupka
Department of Vascular, General and Transplantological Surgery, Wrocław University of Medicine
Polim Med 34:3-12. 2004..To close the intestinal fistula the duodenectomy with gastroenterostomy was performed or the duodenum was sutured and protected with the use of pedicled omentum...
- N-nitroso compounds and Helicobacter pylori in the gastric remnantS Guadagni
Department of Surgery, University of L'Aquila, Milan, Italy
Tumori 85:108-12. 1999..pylori infection. CONCLUSIONS: All these data suggest that high levels of NOC in gastric juice and H. pylori infection could be cofactors in gastric stump carcinogenesis...
- Radical surgery does not recover immunodeficiency associated with gastric cancerF Romano
Dept of Surgery Chirurgia I, II University of Milan, Bicocca, Italy
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 22:179-83. 2003..Further studies on a larger number of cases may confirm the prognostic value of lymphocyte count in early gastric cancer stages, and to verify whether early and late postoperative immunodeficiency may be prevented by IL-2 administration...
- Prospective randomized trial comparing Billroth I and Roux-en-Y procedures after distal gastrectomy for gastric carcinomaMakoto Ishikawa
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bankyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
World J Surg 29:1415-20; discussion 1421. 2005..Because RY reconstruction induces the frequent complication of Roux-en-Y stasis, causing longer postoperative hospital stay, this method has limited advantages over B-I anastomosis after distal gastrectomy...
- [Dilatation of the papilla of Vater in the treatment of choledocholithiasis in selected patients]J Espinel
Seccion de Aparato Digestivo, Hospital de Leon, Leon, Espana
Gastroenterol Hepatol 27:6-10. 2004..To prospectively analyze the results obtained with papillary balloon dilatation (PBD) in the treatment of common bile duct stones in patients at risk of complications if endoscopic sphincterotomy (ES) were performed...
- The peculiar processing of glucagon and glucagon-related peptides in patients after pancreatectomyKatsuhisa Tanjoh
Department of Emergency and Critical Care Medicine, Nihon University School of Medicine, 30 1 Ohyaguchi kamimachi, Itabashi ku, Tokyo, 173 0032, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 49:825-32. 2002..In this study, we investigated the kinetics of glucagon and glucagon-related peptides and discuss the glucagon processes in the pancreas and intestine in pancreatectomy patients...
- [Experimental study on carcinogenesis in the vagotomized stomach]K Yamafuji
Department of Surgery, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Nippon Geka Gakkai Zasshi 92:652-63. 1991....
- [Pancytopenia, arthralgia and myeloneuropathy due to copper deficiency]Rupert Bartner
Medizinische Klinik, Evangelisches Krankenhaus Oldenburg, Oldenburg
Med Klin (Munich) 100:497-501. 2005..Copper deficiency leads to hematologic disorders like pancytopenia. In addition, myeloneuropathy was described in a few cases reports...
- Stringent response and bmp expression in B. burgdorferiFelipe Cabello; Fiscal Year: 2007..burgdorferi from a descriptive paradigm to a paradigm framed by mechanistic and causal interpretations. ..
- Regulated expression of B. burgdorferi virulence genesFELIPE CARDENAS CABELLO; Fiscal Year: 2010..burgdorferi. These tools will be used to identify genes that are potentially responsible for this organism's virulence and which could be targets for new vaccines and antibiotics against Lyme disease. ..