Genomes and Genes
Summary: Surgical insertion of a prosthesis.
Publications274 found, 100 shown here
- Intacs implantation using a femtosecond laser for management of keratoconus: Comparison of 306 cases in different stagesAylin Ertan
Kudret Eye Hospital, Kennedy Caddesi No 71, Kavaklidere, Ankara, Turkey
J Cataract Refract Surg 34:1521-6. 2008..To evaluate the efficacy of intrastromal ring segment (Intacs, Addition Technology, Inc.) implantation and analyze outcomes according to different keratoconus stages...
- Correcting keratoconus with intracorneal ringsJ Colin
Brest University Hospital, Brest, France
J Cataract Refract Surg 26:1117-22. 2000..To evaluate the potential of intrastromal corneal ring technology (Intacs, KeraVision) to correct keratoconus without central corneal scarring...
- Intracorneal rings for keratoconus and keratectasiaAylin Ertan
Kudret Eye Hospital, Ankara, Turkey, and the Bordeaux University, Bordeaux, France
J Cataract Refract Surg 33:1303-14. 2007..This article reviews the latest data published or presented at meetings on the correction of keratoconus and keratectasia by intracorneal ring segments...
- Comparison of single-segment and double-segment Intacs for keratoconus and post-LASIK ectasiaMunish Sharma
Boxer Wachler Vision Institute, 465 North Roxbury Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 141:891-5. 2006..To evaluate the efficacy of single-segment Intacs and compare with double-segment Intacs in subjects with post-LASIK ectasia and keratoconus...
- INTACS inserts for treating keratoconus: one-year resultsJ Colin
Bordeaux University Hospital, Hopital Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
Ophthalmology 108:1409-14. 2001..The corneal steepening and astigmatism associated with keratoconus were reduced, and visual acuity was improved with treatment in almost all eyes...
- Modified intracorneal ring segment implantations (INTACS) for the management of moderate to advanced keratoconus: efficacy and complicationsA John Kanellopoulos
Department of Ophthalmology, New York University Medical School, New York, New York, USA
Cornea 25:29-33. 2006..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of modified intracorneal ring segment implantation (INTACS) in the management of moderate and advanced keratoconus (KCN)...
- Intracorneal ring segment implantation for the management of keratoconus: safety and efficacyMohammad A Zare
Department of Ophthalmology and Ophthalmic Research Center, Farabi Eye Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Cataract Refract Surg 33:1886-91. 2007..To assess the safety and efficacy of intracorneal ring segment (Intacs, Addition Technology, Inc.) implantation in the management of keratoconus...
- Central and peripheral corneal iron deposits after implantation of a small-aperture corneal inlay for correction of presbyopiaAlois K Dexl
University Eye Clinic, Paracelus Medical University, Salzburg, Austria, Germany
J Refract Surg 27:876-80. 2011..To describe central and peripheral corneal iron deposition after implantation of the AcuFocus corneal inlay (ACI 7000, AcuFocus Inc) for the surgical correction of presbyopia...
- Hydrogel intracorneal inlays for the correction of hyperopia: outcomes and complications after 5 years of follow-upM Emilia Mulet
Department of Ophthalmology, Miguel Hernandez University, Alicante, Spain
Ophthalmology 116:1455-60, 1460.e1. 2009..To evaluate safety and efficacy of an intracorneal inlay for the correction of hyperopia...
- A perfluoropolyether corneal inlay for the correction of refractive errorMargaret D M Evans
Vision Cooperative Research Centre, Rupert Myers Building, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Biomaterials 32:3158-65. 2011..Outcomes showed the potential of a perfluoropolyether inlay as a biologically acceptable corneal implant with which to provide stable correction of refractive error...
- Intacs in advanced keratoconusRohit Shetty
Cornea and Refractive Surgery Service, Narayana Nethralaya, Postgraduate Institute of Ophthalmology, Bangalore, India
Cornea 27:1022-9. 2008..To evaluate the surgical outcomes of microthin intracorneal ring segment (INTACS) implantation in advanced keratoconus...
- Intacs insertion with the femtosecond laser for the management of keratoconus: one-year resultsAylin Ertan
Kudret Eye Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:2039-42. 2006..To assess the outcomes of intrastromal ring segment (Intacs, Addition Technology) implantation for keratoconus using the femtosecond laser...
- Implantation and explantation of a wireless epiretinal retina implant device: observations during the EPIRET3 prospective clinical trialGernot Roessler
Departments of Ophthalmology, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:3003-8. 2009..A prospective trial was initiated to evaluate the safety and efficacy of a wireless intraocular retinal implant (EPIRET3) in six volunteers with blindness and RP...
- Total disc replacement surgery for symptomatic degenerative lumbar disc disease: a systematic review of the literatureKarin D van den Eerenbeemt
Department of Orthopaedics, EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Spine J 19:1262-80. 2010..High quality randomized controlled trials with relevant control group and long-term follow-up is needed to evaluate the effectiveness and safety of TDR...
- Artificial anal sphincter: complications and functional results of a large personal seriesJose M Devesa
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, University Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
Dis Colon Rectum 45:1154-63. 2002....
- Implantation of silicon chip microphotodiode arrays into the cat subretinal spaceA Y Chow
Optobionics Corporation, Wheaton, IL 60187, USA
IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng 9:86-95. 2001..Gold electrode-based subretinal implants, however, appear to be unsuitable for long-term use due to electrode dissolution and subsequent decreased electrical activity...
- Early and late complications associated with transcatheter occlusion of secundum atrial septal defectMassimo Chessa
Pediatric Cardiology, Istituto Policlinico San Donato, San Donato Milanese, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:1061-5. 2002..The goal of this study was to report the early and late complications experienced in atrial septal defect (ASD) transcatheter closure...
- Intracorneal ring segments for keratoconus correction: long-term follow-upJorge L Alio
Department of Cornea and Refractive Surgery, Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, VISSUM, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:978-85. 2006..To evaluate long-term results and stability of intracorneal ring segment (Intacs) implantation for keratoconus correction...
- Boston keratoprosthesis outcomes and complicationsHall F Chew
Cornea Service, Wills Eye Institute, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Cornea 28:989-96. 2009..To evaluate the outcomes of the Boston Keratoprosthesis (KPro) at our institution...
- Intrastromal corneal ring segment implantation for the treatment of keratoconusAnl Kubaloglu
Dr Lutfi Kirdar Kartal Training and Research Hospital, 2nd Eye Clinic, Istanbul, Turkey
Cornea 30:11-7. 2011..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of intrastromal corneal ring segment implantation using both mechanical and femtosecond-assisted tunnel creation for the treatment of patients with keratoconus...
- Analysis of results related to good and bad outcomes of Intacs implantation for keratoconus correctionJorge L Alio
Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, Vissum Department of Cornea and Refractive Surgery, Miguel Hernandez University, Medical School, Alicante, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:756-61. 2006..To evaluate factors influencing good and poor outcomes after intracorneal ring segment implantation to correct keratoconus...
- Intrastromal corneal ring segment implantation by femtosecond laser for keratoconus correctionMohamed H Shabayek
Vissum Instituto Oftalmológico de Alicante Department of Cornea and Refractive Surgery and Division of Ophthalmology, Miguel Hernandez University Medical School, Alicante, Spain
Ophthalmology 114:1643-52. 2007..To report the outcomes after the implantation of intrastromal corneal ring segments (KERARING) aided by femtosecond laser for the correction of keratoconus...
- Corneal aberrometric and refractive performance of 2 intrastromal corneal ring segment models in early and moderate ectatic diseaseDavid P Pinero
Vissum Corporation Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, Departamento de Optica, Universidad de Alicante, Alicante, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:102-9. 2010..To evaluate and compare visual, refractive, and corneal aberrometric outcomes after implantation of 2 types of intrastromal corneal ring segments (ICRS) in eyes with early to moderate ectatic disease...
- Intrastromal corneal ring segment SK implantation for moderate to severe keratoconusWiwan Sansanayudh
Department of Ophthalmology, Toronto Western Hospital, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:110-3. 2010..To report the efficacy and safety of intrastromal corneal ring segment (ICRS) implantation using a femtosecond laser in the management of advanced keratoconus...
- Intrastromal ring segment insertion using a femtosecond laser to correct pellucid marginal corneal degenerationAylin Ertan
Kudret Eye Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:1710-6. 2006..To assess the outcomes of intrastromal ring segment (Intacs, Addition Technology) implantation using a femtosecond laser in patients with pellucid marginal corneal degeneration...
- Causes of intrastromal corneal ring segment explantation: clinicopathologic correlation analysisConsuelo Ferrer
Vissum Corporation Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, Division of Ophthalmology, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Alicante, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:970-7. 2010..To determine the main causes of intrastromal corneal ring segment (ICRS) explantation and the relationship with the microscopic findings on the ICRS surface...
- Sutureless human sclera donor patch graft for Ahmed glaucoma valveLucio Zeppa
Unità Operativa di Oculistica, Presidio Ospedaliero Giuseppe Moscati, Avellino Italy
Eur J Ophthalmol 20:546-51. 2010..To report the safety and effectiveness of a sutureless human sclera donor patch graft covering the subconjunctival portion of glaucoma drainage implant tube to prevent its erosion throughout the overlying conjunctiva...
- Effect of combined local treatment with zoledronic acid and basic fibroblast growth factor on implant fixation in ovariectomized ratsYing Gao
State Key Laboratory of Oral Diseases and Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Sichuan University West China College of Stomatology, Chengdu, China
Bone 44:225-32. 2009....
- Effect of shape and coating of a subretinal prosthesis on its integration with the retinaA Butterwick
Stanford University, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Exp Eye Res 88:22-9. 2009..Pillars demonstrated minimal alteration of the inner retinal architecture, and thus appear to be the most promising approach for maintaining close proximity between the retinal prosthetic electrodes and target neurons...
- Photovoltaic retinal prosthesis: implant fabrication and performanceLele Wang
Department of Electrical Engineering, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Neural Eng 9:046014. 2012..Presence of the return electrodes in each pixel helps to localize the current, and thereby improves resolution...
- HeartWare left ventricular assist device implantation through bilateral anterior thoracotomyAron Frederik Popov
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery and Transplantation, Harefield Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Ann Thorac Surg 93:674-6. 2012..We present our technique for HeartWare LVAD implantation through bilateral anterior thoracotomy incisions. This technique has proved to be safe and reproducible, with good clinical outcome...
- Effect of age on outcomes in patients with keratoconus treated by Intacs using a femtosecond laserAylin Ertan
Kudret Eye Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
J Refract Surg 24:690-5. 2008..To compare the response to Intacs treatment in different age groups of patients with keratoconus...
- Intrastromal corneal ring segments for advanced keratoconus and cases with high keratometric asymmetryMohammad I Khan
Singleton Hospital Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University NHS Trust, Swansea, United Kingdom
J Cataract Refract Surg 38:129-36. 2012..To report the safety and efficacy of intrastromal corneal ring segment (ICRS) implantation to manage keratoconus...
- Trends in permanent pacemaker implantation in the United States from 1993 to 2009: increasing complexity of patients and proceduresArnold J Greenspon
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 60:1540-5. 2012..This study sought to define contemporary trends in permanent pacemaker use by analyzing a large national database...
- Expanding application of the Boston type I keratoprosthesis due to advances in design and improved post-operative therapeutic strategiesAisha S Traish
Department of Ophthalmology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Semin Ophthalmol 25:239-43. 2010..To evaluate how the advances in design of the Boston type I keratoprosthesis and in the treatment strategies to conquer the post operative complications have expanded the indications and application of this technology...
- Clinical features and prognosis of Boston type I keratoprosthesis-associated corneal meltCanan Asli Utine
Ocular Surface Disease and Dry Eye Clinic, Cornea and External Disease Service, The Wilmer Eye Institute, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 9238, USA
Ocul Immunol Inflamm 19:413-8. 2011..To describe the clinical features and outcomes of corneal melt associated with Boston type I keratoprosthesis (KPro) implantation...
- Fibrin glue-assisted glaucoma drainage device surgeryM Y Kahook
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Institute, CO 80045, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 90:1486-9. 2006..To describe the use of fibrin glue as a suture substitute for portions of glaucoma drainage device (GDD) surgery...
- Assessment of bleb morphologic features and postoperative outcomes after Ex-PRESS drainage device implantation versus trabeculectomyTravis J Good
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 151:507-13.e1. 2011..To investigate bleb morphologic features and postoperative outcomes after Ex-PRESS drainage device (Alcon Laboratories) implantation versus trabeculectomy...
- Technique and outcomes of abdominal incisional hernia repair using a synthetic composite mesh: a report of 455 casesDavid A Iannitti
Division of Gastrointestinal and Minimally Invasive Surgery, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC 28203, USA
J Am Coll Surg 206:83-8. 2008..Several different surgical techniques and types of mesh prosthetics are available for repair. We evaluated outcomes of an open ventral hernia repair using a synthetic composite mesh...
- One-year results of intrastromal corneal ring segment implantation (KeraRing) using femtosecond laser in patients with keratoconusEfekan Coskunseven
Dunya Eye Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Am J Ophthalmol 145:775-9. 2008..To report the results of intrastromal corneal ring segment [ICRS] (KeraRing; Mediphacos, Belo Horizonte, Brazil) implantation using a femtosecond laser (IntraLase Corp, Irvine, California, USA) in keratoconic patients...
- Intracardiac echocardiography-guided transcatheter closure of secundum atrial septal defect: a new efficient device selection methodMario Zanchetta
Department of Cardiovascular Disease, Cittadella General Hospital, Via Riva Ospedale, Padua, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:1677-82. 2003..We assessed the use of intracardiac echocardiography (ICE) as the primary means for both selection of the Amplatzer Septal Occluder (ASO) and the guidance of transcatheter closure of secundum atrial septal defects (ASDs)...
- Development of a silicon retinal implant: cortical evoked potentials following focal stimulation of the rabbit retina with light and electricityM N Nadig
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02158, USA
Clin Neurophysiol 110:1545-53. 1999..In conclusion, EEPs were obtained with parameters of electrode size and current threshold level that would be used by the epiretinal implant, enabling use of the EEP response to monitor the epiretinal implant...
- Intacs for early pellucid marginal degenerationGeorge D Kymionis
Vardinoyannion Eye Institute of Crete, University of Crete, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:230-3. 2004..Corneal topographic pattern also improved. Although the results are encouraging, concern still exists regarding the long-term effect of this approach for the management of patients with PMD...
- One or 2 Intacs segments for the correction of keratoconusJorge L Alio
VISSUM Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, Refractive Surgery and Cornea Department, Miguel Hernandez University, 03016 Alicante, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 31:943-53. 2005....
- One year results of European Multicenter Study of intrastromal corneal ring segments. Part 2: complications, visual symptoms, and patient satisfactionJ Ruckhofer
Landesklinik für Augenheilkunde und Optometrie, Landeskliniken Salzburg, Austria
J Cataract Refract Surg 27:287-96. 2001..for the correction of myopia and to demonstrate the reversibility and adjustability of refractive corrections with this method...
- Multicentre retrospective analysis of the outcome of artificial anal sphincter implantation for severe faecal incontinenceD F Altomare
Department of General Surgery and Liver Transplantation, University of Bari, Italy
Br J Surg 88:1481-6. 2001..A new prosthetic device, the Action artificial anal sphincter, has recently been introduced for treating severe faecal incontinence. The results of this procedure in 28 patients are presented...
- Long-term follow-up of intrastromal corneal ring segments in keratoconusLeonardo Torquetti
Clinica de Olhos Paulo Ferrara, Avenida Contorno 4747, Sala 615, LifeCenter, Funcionários, Belo Horizonte, MG 30110 031, Brazil
J Cataract Refract Surg 35:1768-73. 2009..To report the long-term follow-up of Ferrara intrastromal corneal ring segment (ICRS) implantation for the management of keratoconus...
- The safety and efficacy of the artificial bowel sphincter for fecal incontinence: results from a multicenter cohort studyW Douglas Wong
Colorectal Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 45:1139-53. 2002..The aim of this trial was to evaluate the safety, efficacy, and impact on quality of life of the Acticon trade mark artificial bowel sphincter for fecal incontinence...
- Intracorneal ring segments for iatrogenic keratectasia after laser in situ keratomileusis or photorefractive keratectomyCarlo F Lovisolo
Vista Vision Laser Center, Milan, Italy
J Refract Surg 18:535-41. 2002....
- Treating keratoconus with intacs corneal ring segmentsTimo Hellstedt
Helsinki University Eye Hospital, Helsinki and Jorvi, Finland
J Refract Surg 21:236-46. 2005..To assess the safety and efficacy of Intacs inserts for the treatment of mild to moderate keratoconus...
- Capsular tension ring use in a patient with congenital coloboma of the lensHidenobu Mizuno
Department of Ophthalmology, Kyoto Second Red Cross Hospital, Kyoto, Japan
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:503-6. 2004..The visual acuity recovered to 20/20 in both eyes. Capsular tension ring implantation can facilitate cataract surgery in coloboma of the lens, even in long-term and continuous lens capsule deformity...
- Clinical results of total lumbar disc replacement with ProDisc II: three-year results for different indicationsChristoph J Siepe
Spine Center, OrthoCenter Munich, Munich, Germany
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:1923-32. 2006..Prospective study analyzing midterm clinical results of total lumbar disc replacement (ProDisc II) for different indications...
- A prospective, randomized, multicenter Food and Drug Administration investigational device exemption study of lumbar total disc replacement with the CHARITE artificial disc versus lumbar fusion: part II: evaluation of radiographic outcomes and correlationPaul C McAfee
Spine and Scoliosis Center, St Joseph s Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 30:1576-83; discussion E388-90. 2005..A prospective, randomized, multicenter, Food and Drug Administration-regulated, investigational device exemption clinical trial...
- Ultrasound assessment of mid-urethra tape at three-year follow-up after tension-free vaginal tape procedureTsia Shu Lo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Linkou Medical Center, Tao Yuan Hsein, Taiwan, Republic of China
Urology 63:671-5. 2004..To evaluate the anatomic changes in the polypropylene mesh sling after a tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) procedure using introital ultrasonography in a prospective study...
- Reconstruction of the proximal humerus after wide resection of tumoursR W Rödl
Department of Orthopaedics, Munster University Hospital, Germany
J Bone Joint Surg Br 84:1004-8. 2002..Our findings indicate that the use of a tumour prosthesis is the most reliable limb-salvage procedure for the proximal humerus. The clavicula pro humero is an appropriate procedure if a prosthesis cannot be used...
- Biomechanical and morphological corneal response to placement of intrastromal corneal ring segments for keratoconusCaroline Dauwe
Department of Ophthalmology, Reference National Centers for Keratoconus, Bordeaux University, France
J Cataract Refract Surg 35:1761-7. 2009..To evaluate the biomechanical and morphological changes in keratoconic corneas after Intacs intrastromal corneal ring segment (ICRS) implantation...
- Stimulation via a subretinally placed prosthetic elicits central activity and induces a trophic effect on visual responsesPaul J DeMarco
Louisville VA Medical Center, Louisville, KY, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:916-26. 2007..In the current study, a subretinally implanted prosthetic was evaluated in the Royal College of Surgeons (RCS) rat model of RP, to determine its capacity to activate the retinotectal pathway...
- Ferrara intracorneal ring segments for keratoconusSergio Kwitko
Department of Ophthalmology, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Avenida Nilo Peçanha, 7241 401 Porto Alegre RS, Brazil
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:812-20. 2004..To assess the outcome of Ferrara intracorneal ring segments for keratoconus...
- Successful prevention of bacterial endophthalmitis in eyes with the Boston keratoprosthesisMarlene L Durand
Infectious Disease Unit, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary and Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Cornea 28:896-901. 2009..To determine the influence of topical vancomycin prophylaxis on the incidence of bacterial endophthalmitis in eyes with a Boston Keratoprosthesis (KPro)...
- Keratoprosthesis: preoperative prognostic categoriesF Yaghouti
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Schepens Eye Research Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
Cornea 20:19-23. 2001..Ocular cicatricial pemphigoid and chemical burns occupied a middle ground. The difference between the groups seemed to correlate with the degree of past preoperative inflammation...
- [Overview and evolving strategies of ventral hernia repair]M S Winkler
Chirurgische Klinik I, Universitatsklinikum, Oberdurrbacher Strasse 6, Wurzburg, Germany
Urologe A 47:740-7. 2008..Evidence for the indications and limitations of the main surgical repair techniques are illustrated and discussed...
- Comparison of 2 intrastromal corneal ring segment models in the management of keratoconusAnil Kubaloglu
Dr Lutfi Kirdar Kartal Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:978-85. 2010..To compare the outcomes of implantation of 2 models of intrastromal corneal ring segments (ICRS) to manage keratoconus...
- Patient selection for left-ventricular assist devicesKatherine Lietz
Cardiovascular Divisions, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Curr Opin Cardiol 24:246-51. 2009..The review describes a step-by-step approach to evaluation of patients with end-stage heart failure for LVAD implantation...
- Fabrication, implantation, elution, and retrieval of a steroid-loaded polycaprolactone subretinal implantNathan R F Beeley
Doheny Retina Institute, Doheny Eye Institute and Department of Ophthalmology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, 1450 San Pablo Street, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
J Biomed Mater Res A 73:437-44. 2005..Histology and device retrieval after implantation revealed minimal encapsulation and good preservation of cellular morphology during the follow-up period and a more fibrous polymer microstructure of the implant...
- Long-term follow-up of primary glaucoma surgery with Ahmed glaucoma valve implant versus trabeculectomyM Roy Wilson
Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, Nebraska, Omaha 68178, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 136:464-70. 2003..To compare the long-term results of trabeculectomy and Ahmed glaucoma valve implant in the initial surgical management of primary open- and closed-angle glaucoma...
- Treatment of six cases of advanced ectasia after LASIK with 6-mm Intacs SKLuís A Rodríguez
Cornea Clinic, Centro Medico Docente La Trinidad, Caracas, Venezuela
J Refract Surg 25:1116-9. 2009..To describe the outcome after implantation of 6-mm Intacs SK implants (Addition Technology Inc) for treatment of ectasia after LASIK...
- Intracorneal ring segment implantation in corneas with post-laser in situ keratomileusis keratectasiaDavid P Pinero
VISSUM Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, Spain
Ophthalmology 116:1665-74. 2009..To evaluate the refractive and aberrometric changes in corneas with post-LASIK keratectasia implanted with intracorneal ring segments (ICRS) during a 2-year follow-up...
- Implantation of single-lead atrioventricular permanent pacemakers guided by electroanatomic navigation without the use of fluoroscopyRicardo Ruiz-Granell
Arrhythmia and Cardiac Pacing Unit, Cardiology Department, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Av Blasco Ibanez 17, 46010 Valencia, Spain
Europace 10:1048-51. 2008..The usefulness for this purpose of electroanatomic systems not based on fluoroscopy is unknown. Our aim was to study the feasibility of implanting single-lead VDD pacemakers without the use of fluoroscopy...
- Management of post-LASIK corneal ectasia with Intacs inserts: one-year resultsGeorge D Kymionis
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Crete, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Arch Ophthalmol 121:322-6. 2003..To prospectively study the effects of the use of Intacs microthin prescription inserts (Addition Technology Inc, Fremont, Calif) for the postoperative management of corneal ectasia resulting from laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK)...
- [Corneal ring segments (INTACS) for the treatment of asymmetrical astigmatism of the keratoconus. Follow-up after 2 years]Z Tunc
Service d Ophtalmologie, Kadir Has University, Istanbul, Turquie
J Fr Ophtalmol 26:824-30. 2003..To evaluate the use of corneal ring segments (INTACS) for the treatment of asymmetrical astigmatism in keratoconus...
- Management of superior pellucid marginal degeneration with a single intracorneal ring segment using femtosecond laserAylin Ertan
Kudret Eye Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
J Refract Surg 23:205-8. 2007..A 26-year-old man with superior pellucid marginal corneal degeneration associated with poor visual acuity due to irregular astigmatism was treated with single-segment intracorneal ring insertion...
- European clinical evaluation: use of Intacs for the treatment of keratoconusJoseph Colin
Service d Ophtalmologie, Bordeaux, France
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:747-55. 2006..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of Intacs inserts in keratoconic eyes to alter corneal shape and refractive power and stabilize the progression of corneal ectasia...
- Treatment of keratoconus with Ferrara ICRS and consideration of the efficacy of the Ferrara nomogram in a 5-year follow-upPaolo Maria Pesando
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Eur J Ophthalmol 20:865-73. 2010..We demonstrate that the procedure is safe, reversible, and reliable, and can delay/stop the KC progression...
- New INTACS SK implantation in patients with post-laser in situ keratomileusis corneal ectasiaGeorge D Kymionis
From the Ophthalmology Department, Institute of Vision and Optics, University of Crete, Crete, Greece
Cornea 29:214-6. 2010..In conclusion, new INTACS SK might be able to improve visual acuity in patients with post-laser in situ keratomileusis corneal ectasia...
- Temporal changes in hospital costs for left ventricular assist device implantationMark S Slaughter
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Louisville, KY 40202, USA
J Card Surg 26:535-41. 2011..The current study examines the hospitalization costs associated with treatment of New York Heart Failure Class IV patients when implanted with a CF LVAD and compares them to previously reported costs of a PF LVAD in the same population...
- Temporary percutaneous right ventricular support using a centrifugal pump in patients with postoperative acute refractory right ventricular failure after left ventricular assist device implantationAssad Haneya
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University Medical Center Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, D 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 41:219-23. 2012....
- Defibrillation threshold testing: tradition or necessity?Christof Kolb
Deutsches Herzzentrum, 1 Medizinische Klinik rechts der Isar, Faculty of Medicine, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 32:570-2; discussion 572. 2009....
- Alloplastic contouring for suborbital, maxillary, zygomatic deficienciesEdward O Terino
Plastic Surgery Institute of Southern California, 327 South Moorpark Road, Thousand Oaks, CA 91361, USA
Facial Plast Surg Clin North Am 16:33-67, v. 2008..This technique does not require any removal of fat from the orbit nor does it require extensive dissection of fat. This operation successfully and satisfactorily creates an optimum blending of the lid-cheek junction...
- Characteristics of endophthalmitis in patients with the Boston keratoprosthesisRobert E Fintelmann
Cornea Service and Retina Service, Wills Eye Institute, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Cornea 28:877-8. 2009..To determine the characteristics of endophthalmitis in patients with the Boston keratoprosthesis...
- The magic of mid-face three-dimensional contour alterations combining alloplastic and soft tissue suspension technologiesEdward O Terino
Plastic Surgery Institute of Southern California, 327 S Moorpark Rd, Thousand Oaks, CA 91361, USA
Clin Plast Surg 35:419-50; discussion 417. 2008..Three-dimensional changes in facial form and shape using alloplastic augmentation techniques are essential for creating aesthetic beauty and are the "final chapter" of the development of cosmetic facial surgery...
- Function, disability, and health-related quality of life after allograft-prosthesis composite reconstructions of the proximal femurDavid J Biau
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hopital Cochin, Paris 5 Université René Descartes, AP HP, Paris, France
J Surg Oncol 97:210-5. 2008..Factors affecting function, disability and health-related quality of life after allograft-prosthesis composite reconstructions have been poorly studied...
- Pars plana Ahmed valve implant and vitrectomy in the management of neovascular glaucomaHooshang Faghihi
Eye Research Center, Farabi Eye Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 38:292-300. 2007..Rancho Cucamonga, CA) implant combined with pars plana vitrectomy and panretinal photocoagulation for the management of neovascular glaucoma in patients with vitreous hemorrhage...
- Cervical spine biomechanics following implantation of a disc prosthesisFabio Galbusera
IRCCS Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi, Via R Galeazzi 4, 20161 Milan, Italy
Med Eng Phys 30:1127-33. 2008....
- Baerveldt glaucoma implant in the management of refractory childhood glaucomasDonald L Budenz
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Ophthalmology 111:2204-10. 2004..To evaluate the effectiveness and safety of the Baerveldt glaucoma drainage implant (GDI) in the management of pediatric glaucomas...
- A novel approach to percutaneous right-ventricular mechanical supportHiroo Takayama
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 41:423-6. 2012..We report our initial experience with our newly developed percutaneous right-ventricular assist device (VAD) with CentriMag (perc CM-RVAD)...
- Boston type 1 keratoprosthesis: the CHUM experienceMarie Claude Robert
Department of Ophthalmology, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal CHUM, Hopital Notre Dame, Montreal, Que, Canada
Can J Ophthalmol 46:164-8. 2011..To describe the characteristics, indications, complications, and outcomes of the patients who underwent Boston type 1 keratoprosthesis (KPro) surgery at the Université de Montréal affiliated Notre-Dame Hospital...
- Simplified technique of tracheoesophageal prosthesis placement at the time of secondary tracheoesophageal puncture (TEP)Daniel G Deschler
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Division of Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Otology and Laryngology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Laryngoscope 121:1855-9. 2011..We describe the technique and evaluate the success and potential advantages...
- Extraocular surgery for implantation of an active subretinal visual prosthesis with external connections: feasibility and outcome in seven patientsD Besch
Centre for Ophthalmology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Br J Ophthalmol 92:1361-8. 2008....
- Self-expanding metallic stents for relieving malignant colorectal obstruction: a systematic reviewAmber M Watt
ASERNIP S, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Ann Surg 246:24-30. 2007..To assess the safety and efficacy of self-expanding metallic stents (SEMS) placement for the relief of malignant colorectal obstruction in comparison to surgical procedures through a systematic review of the literature...
- Novel materials to enhance corneal epithelial cell migration on keratoprosthesisAkbar Karkhaneh
Dr Khodadoust Eye Hospital, Motahari Avenue, Shiraz, Fars, Iran
Br J Ophthalmol 95:405-9. 2011..To introduce a new modification for silicone optical core Keratoprosthesis...
- Evaluation of voice prosthesis placement at the time of primary tracheoesophageal puncture with total laryngectomyDaniel G Deschler
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Division of Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Otology and Laryngology, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, Massachusetts, USA
Laryngoscope 119:1353-7. 2009....
- [Postoperative management of patients undergoing left ventricular assist device implantation]Steffen Rex
Klinik für Anästhesiologie am Universitätsklinikum der Rheinisch Westfälischen Technischen Hochschule Aachen
Anasthesiol Intensivmed Notfallmed Schmerzther 46:424-31; quiz 432. 2011..The present overview summarizes current strategies for preoperative risk estimation and for the prevention and treatment of frequently occurring perioperative complications...
- Left ventricular assist devices: physiologic assessment using echocardiography for management and optimizationFarouk Mookadam
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic Arizona, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Ultrasound Med Biol 38:335-45. 2012..We present a pragmatic and systematic echocardiographic approach that serves as a guide for the management of left ventricular assist devices...
- Intrastromal corneal ring segment implantation for ectasia after refractive surgeryLeonardo Torquetti
Private Clinic, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:986-90. 2010..To evaluate the clinical outcomes of implantation of Ferrara intrastromal corneal ring segments (ICRS) in patients with corneal ectasia after refractive surgery...
- The fate of facet joint and adjacent level disc degeneration following total lumbar disc replacement: a prospective clinical, X-ray, and magnetic resonance imaging investigationChristoph J Siepe
Schoen Clinic Munich Harlaching, Spine Center, Munich, Germany
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 35:1991-2003. 2010..Prospective clinical, x-ray, and magnetic resonance imaging investigation following total lumbar disc replacement (TDR) with ProDisc II (Synthes, Paoli, PA)...
- Proximal and total humerus reconstruction with the use of an aortograft meshGerman A Marulanda
Department of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, University of South Florida, 13220 USF Laurel Drive, Tampa, FL 33613, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:2896-903. 2010..A synthetic mesh used in vascular surgery has the biological properties to provide mechanical constraint and improve stability after tumor related shoulder reconstruction...
- Which placement of the tension-free vaginal tape is more important for urinary continence: midurethral position or bladder neck? Consideration from a case reportFengmei Wang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Fuzhou General Hospital, Fujian, China
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 20:1277-9. 2009..Sling migration should be considered in a patient who presents with recurrent stress incontinence at the earlier postoperative period. We think that the midurethral position is necessary to achieve continence...
- First experiences with a novel magnetically suspended axial flow left ventricular assist deviceRoland Hetzer
Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Augustenburger Platz 1, Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 25:964-70. 2004..The present report summarizes the clinical experience with patients treated for severe cardiogenic shock for the first time with a newly developed axial flow pump with magnetically levitated bearings...
- Abductor reattachment with a custom proximal femoral replacement prosthesisMegan E Anderson
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
Orthopedics 25:722-6. 2002
- Interspinous process decompression (IPD) system (X-STOP) for the treatment of lumbar spinal stenosisJohn C Chiu
Department of Neurospine Surgery, California Center for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, California Spine Institute Medical Center, Newbury Park, CA, USA
Surg Technol Int 15:265-75. 2006..The X-STOP IPD system, surgical indications, operative techniques, and the potential complications and their avoidance are described and discussed herein...
- [Bone cements based on polymethylmethacrylate]S J Breusch
Abteilung Orthopädie I, Stiftung Orthopädische Universitätsklinik Heidelberg
Orthopade 32:41-50. 2003..Additionally,PMMA bone cements act as a drug delivery system as a local carrier of antibiotics. This paper gives a review of the composition and properties of PMMA bone cements and their influence on practical application...
- REHABILITATION OF THE PARALYZED LARYNXDavid Zealear; Fiscal Year: 2006..With respect to the head and neck, FES could be employed initially to reanimate the unilaterally paralyzed face, larynx and pharynx, and in the process, direct natural reinnervation of these structures. ..
- Neural Probes for Electrical and Chemical SensingDaryl Kipke; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Air Barrier System to reduce contamination of wounds during surgerySEAN SELF; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Prosthesis implantation procedures, presenting high infection risk, in orthopedics (total hip arthroplasty), neurosurgery (lumbar ..
- OCULAR HYPERTENSION TREATMENT STUDY (OHTS)Donald Budenz; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Visualization and real-time dosimetry for prostate brachytherapy using ultrasoundSeptimiu Salcudean; Fiscal Year: 2007..VE-based prostate boundary segmentation will be compared to B-mode images outlined by experts and to magnetic resonance images. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Assessing Auditory Capacity in Hearing-Impaired ChildrenLaurie Eisenberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results will be analyzed to explain and model auditory perceptual development in terms of multiple contributing variables and their interactions. ..
- The Perception of Cancer Risk in Patients with Barrett's EsophagusNicholas Shaheen; Fiscal Year: 2007..The resultant study application will assess health-related quality of life, health-related anxiety and healthcare utilization as outcomes. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Development and Initial Application of a Rat Model for Revision Joint ReplacementD Sumner; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- VICON MX System for Motion CaptureElizabeth Hardin; Fiscal Year: 2007..For example, designing and testing novel controllers for neuroprostheses demands that motion capture be accomplished in real-time and have robust data collection and processing specifications. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Multisite, intrafascicular stimulation for stanceRICHARD NORMANN; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Development and Clinical Testing of CorAide RVAD/BVADKiyotaka Fukamachi; Fiscal Year: 2008..The successful completion of this program will provide clinicians and patients with a safe and effective option for outpatient mechanical support that allows an excellent quality of life. ..
- Development of semicircular canal prostheses for studies of vestibular plasticityDANIEL MERFELD; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Pneumografting - a novel cell-based therapy for emphysemaEdward P Ingenito; Fiscal Year: 2010..We intend to advance this approach, known as pneumografting, into human trials under a physician-sponsored Investigation New Drug Application. ..
- Electrical Stimulation of the Bilaterally Paralyzed Larynx Paced with RespirationDavid L Zealear; Fiscal Year: 2010..This new, more dynamic approach to treatment could restore normal ventilation through the mouth without alteration of voice or swallowing, and return the patient to a physically active lifestyle. ..
- Force Propagation of Emphysema in VivoEdward Ingenito; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of these experiments will provide new insight into the role of mechanical forces in promoting injury in the intact emphysema lung, and the effect of mechanical forces on tissue remodeling. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Fully Implantable Eye Blink Motor Neuroprosthesis for Facial Nerve ParalysisDaniel McDonnall; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Xray Micro Computed Tomography ScannerD Sumner; Fiscal Year: 2002..Consequently, the facility is expected to make a major contribution to the research and teaching missions of Rush Medical College. ..
- Effects of Stretch on IC and Normal UrotheliaToby Chai; Fiscal Year: 2005..ATP may mediate nociception in the bladder. Urothelial stretch thus appears to be an important consideration in diagnosis, treatment and pathophysiology of IC. ..
- Epidemiologic Case-control Study of Barrett's EsophagusNicholas Shaheen; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally, by comparing subjects with Barrett's to controls with reflux, and controlling for severs of reflux, the impact of a Barrett's diagnosis on quality of life and psychological stress may be seen. ..
- FIXATION IN TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENTD Sumner; Fiscal Year: 2004..bearing implants, can this bone ingrowth-inhibiting condition be overcome with the use of growth factors known to stimulate bone healing and does enhancement of bone regeneration lead to greater implant stability? ..
- Responses to Surgical and Bronchoscopic Volume ReductionEdward Ingenito; Fiscal Year: 2006..We believe that by accomplishing these objectives, we can help advance this technology into the clinical arena. ..
- Volume-Outcomes in Incontinence SurgeryJennifer Anger; Fiscal Year: 2005..The primary outcome will be re-operation rates, repeat sling procedures (for failures), and other postoperative complications, stratified by high and low volume surgeons and hospitals. ..
- Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research NetworkToby Chai; Fiscal Year: 2007..The goals of the University of Maryland clinical site are to maximize enrollment of IC patients into innovative clinical trials, maintain highest retention rates possible and acquire high quality data. ..
- Complications of Surgery for Spinal Stenosis: A Clinical Prediction RuleRichard A Deyo; Fiscal Year: 2010..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: A new method for estimating surgical risk will improve patient safety and assist in surgical decision-making, informed consent, monitoring surgical products, &improving quality assessment. ..
- Human Bladder Urothelial Cell Structure and Function in Bladder HypersensationToby C Chai; Fiscal Year: 2010..By accomplishing these aims, we hope to develop an understanding of the pathogenesis of hypersensory bladder conditions which ultimately can lead to targeted treatment options. ..
- Development of a Spinal Intervertebral Disc ProsthesisGLENN BUTTERMANN; Fiscal Year: 2003..The objective of Phase I is to demonstrate that the device restores normal spine biomechanics (range of motion and stiffness) and is durable in fatigue testing. ..
- Adaptation to controlled vestibular stimulationDANIEL MERFELD; Fiscal Year: 2005..All of these proposed specific aims will be investigated by measuring changes in the vestibulo-ocular responses induced by changes in chronic, patterned, electrical stimulation of the peripheral vestibular system. ..
- Optimized Conditioned Processing for Cochlear ImplantsJay T Rubinstein; Fiscal Year: 2010..In unilateral implantees, this work has already demonstrated substantial benefit in a limited number of subjects;it is our goal to deliver these benefits to the broader population of implant recipients. ..
- CALCITONIN RECEPTOR GENE EXPRESSIONSteven Goldring; Fiscal Year: 2002..g. kidney). This will define the structural basis of CTR gene regulation and permit identification of potentially unique factors that regulate the CTR. ..
- Mitral Annular Remodeling for MR TherapyKiyotaka Fukamachi; Fiscal Year: 2005..Therefore, this proposed research program is an important first step in this novel procedure's development as one potential therapeutic option for high-risk CHF patients with functional MR. ..
- Fatigue Crack Morphology in Cemented HipsAmos Race; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- OCULAR HYPERTENSION TREATMENT STUDY (OHTS)Allen Beck; Fiscal Year: 2008..This application includes information on Dr. Brown and his two co-investigators who will follow patients screened for enrollment and randomization to treatment in the OHTS clinical trial." ..
- Regulation of Fibroblast Survival in the Collagen MatrixMark Carlson; Fiscal Year: 2005..Loss of matrix anchorage is hypothesized to reverse these effects and induce apoptosis. The involvement of each protein will be probed with mutated isoforms. ..
- Effect of Femoral Stem Design om Cement Mantle FailureAmos Race; Fiscal Year: 2006..Should these aims be met, the proposed model will be of great use in pre-clinical testing of novel cemented stem designs. ..
- DESIGNED DEGRADABLE INTERBODY CAGESChia Ying Lin; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..