Genomes and Genes
Summary: Care given during the period prior to undergoing surgery when psychological and physical preparations are made according to the special needs of the individual patient. This period spans the time between admission to the hospital to the time the surgery begins. (From Dictionary of Health Services Management, 2d ed)
Publications307 found, 100 shown here
- Preoperative versus postoperative chemoradiotherapy for rectal cancerRolf Sauer
Department of Radiation Therapy, University of Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
N Engl J Med 351:1731-40. 2004..In recent years, encouraging results with preoperative radiotherapy have been reported. We compared preoperative chemoradiotherapy with postoperative chemoradiotherapy for locally advanced rectal cancer...
- Preoperative radiotherapy combined with total mesorectal excision for resectable rectal cancerE Kapiteijn
Department of Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
N Engl J Med 345:638-46. 2001..2 percent in the surgery-only group (P<0.001). CONCLUSIONS: Short-term preoperative radiotherapy reduces the risk of local recurrence in patients with rectal cancer who undergo a standardized total mesorectal excision...
- Chemotherapy with preoperative radiotherapy in rectal cancerJean Francois Bosset
Department of Radiation Therapy, University of Franche Comte, Besancon, France
N Engl J Med 355:1114-23. 2006..Preoperative radiotherapy is recommended for selected patients with rectal cancer. We evaluated the addition of chemotherapy to preoperative radiotherapy and the use of postoperative chemotherapy in the treatment of rectal cancer...
- Preoperative radiotherapy versus selective postoperative chemoradiotherapy in patients with rectal cancer (MRC CR07 and NCIC-CTG C016): a multicentre, randomised trialDavid Sebag-Montefiore
St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Lancet 373:811-20. 2009..We compared short-course preoperative radiotherapy versus initial surgery with selective postoperative chemoradiotherapy...
- Long-term results of a randomized trial comparing preoperative short-course radiotherapy with preoperative conventionally fractionated chemoradiation for rectal cancerK Bujko
Department of Radiotherapy, Maria Sklodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Centre, Warsaw, Poland
Br J Surg 93:1215-23. 2006..The aim of this study was to compare survival, local control and late toxicity in the two treatment groups...
- Perioperative fasting in adults and children: guidelines from the European Society of AnaesthesiologyIan Smith
Directorate of Anaesthesia, University Hospital of North Staffordshire, Stoke on Trent, UK
Eur J Anaesthesiol 28:556-69. 2011..Thereafter, clear fluids should be given as in adults. The guidelines also consider the safety and possible benefits of preoperative carbohydrates and offer advice on the postoperative resumption of oral intake...
- Staging, resectability, and outcome in 225 patients with hilar cholangiocarcinomaW R Jarnagin
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Ann Surg 234:507-17; discussion 517-9. 2001..To analyze resectability and survival in patients with hilar cholangiocarcinoma according to a proposed preoperative staging scheme that fully integrates local, tumor-related factors...
- Dabigatran vs warfarin for radiofrequency catheter ablation of atrial fibrillationJin Seok Kim
Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48105 5853, USA
Heart Rhythm 10:483-9. 2013..It is not clear whether dabigatran is as safe and effective as uninterrupted anticoagulation with warfarin during radiofrequency catheter ablation (RFA) of atrial fibrillation (AF)...
- Predictors of tumor response and downstaging in patients who receive preoperative chemoradiation for rectal cancerPrajnan Das
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 109:1750-5. 2007..The objective of this study was to identify predictive factors for pathologic complete response and tumor downstaging after preoperative chemoradiation for rectal cancer...
- A prospective study using color flow duplex ultrasonography for abdominal perforator mapping in microvascular breast reconstructionKatrin Seidenstucker
SANA Hospital Düsseldorf, Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery, Interdisciplinary Breast Center of Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Med Sci Monit 16:MT65-70. 2010..We hypothesize that color flow duplex ultrasonography is a reliable method for mapping the abdominal perforator anatomy and avoids the complications associated with other methods...
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing as a risk assessment method in non cardio-pulmonary surgery: a systematic reviewT B Smith
St Mary s Hospital, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London, UK
Anaesthesia 64:883-93. 2009..These indicators could potentially provide a means of allocating increased care to high-risk patients...
- Effect of preoperative transcatheter arterial chemoembolization on tumor cell activity in hepatocellular carcinomaJ Huang
Liver Cancer Research Center, Sun Yat Sen University of Medical Sciences, Guangzhou 510089, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 113:446-8. 2000..To evaluate the role of preoperative transcatheter arterial chemoembolization (TACE) as a palliative approach in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Utilization of magnetoencephalography results to obtain favourable outcomes in epilepsy surgeryMichael J M Fischer
Department of Neurology, Epilepsy Neurocentre, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Brain 128:153-7. 2005..This study shows that MEG source localization can help to delineate epileptic activity and, along with other techniques, should be taken into account for epilepsy surgery...
- Portal vein ligation as an efficient method of increasing the future liver remnant volume in the surgical treatment of colorectal metastasesLorenzo Capussotti
Divisione Chirurgia Oncologica, Istituto per la Ricerca e la Cura del Cancro, Strada Provinciale 142 km 3, 95, 10060 Candiolo, Italy
Arch Surg 143:978-82; discussion 982. 2008..Portal vein ligation has been suggested to be less effective than embolization in inducing hypertrophy of the remnant liver...
- A vasculature-targeting regimen of preoperative docetaxel with or without bevacizumab for locally advanced breast cancer: impact on angiogenic biomarkersJoseph Baar
Developmental Therapeutics Program, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, OH, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:3583-90. 2009..This randomized phase II trial was designed to evaluate the additional biomarker effect on angiogenesis when bevacizumab is added to docetaxel...
- Tranexamic acid reduces blood transfusion in total knee arthroplasty even when a blood conservation program is appliedJuan C Alvarez
Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospital of Mar, Barcelona, Spain
Transfusion 48:519-25. 2008..The objective of this study was to assess the effectiveness of tranexamic acid to reduce transfusions in total knee replacement even when a blood conservation program is applied...
- Randomized clinical trial of the effects of oral preoperative carbohydrates on postoperative nausea and vomiting after laparoscopic cholecystectomyJ Hausel
Centre of Gastrointestinal Disease, Ersta Hospital and Karolinska Institutet, SE 116 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Surg 92:415-21. 2005..A carbohydrate-rich drink (CHO) has been shown to reduce preoperative discomfort. It was hypothesized that it may also reduce postoperative nausea and vomiting (PONV)...
- Risks of general anaesthesia in people with obstructive sleep apnoeaCindy den Herder
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, St Lucas Andreas Hospital, Jan Tooropstraat 164, 1006 AE, Amsterdam, Netherlands
BMJ 329:955-9. 2004
- Does pre-operative physiotherapy improve outcomes from lower limb joint replacement surgery? A systematic reviewIlana N Ackerman
School of Physiotherapy, University of Melbourne, Carlton, Vic, 3010, Australia
Aust J Physiother 50:25-30. 2004..This systematic review shows that pre-operative physiotherapy programmes are not effective in improving outcome after total knee replacement but their effect on outcome from total hip replacement cannot be adequately determined...
- Reducing delirium after hip fracture: a randomized trialE R Marcantonio
Division of General Medicine and the Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 49:516-22. 2001..Our trial provides strong preliminary evidence that proactive geriatrics consultation may play an important role in the acute hospital management of hip-fracture patients...
- Short-term preoperative octreotide treatment of GH-secreting pituitary adenoma: predictors of tumor shrinkageSatoru Oshino
Department of Neurosurgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Endocr J 53:125-32. 2006..These results will lead to more effective selection of patients for preoperative octreotide treatment...
- Preoperative biliary drainage in patients with obstructive jaundice: history and current statusN A van der Gaag
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center at the University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Gastrointest Surg 13:814-20. 2009..Mortality was significantly reduced in these animal models. Human studies show conflicting results...
- Three-dimensional imaging of the aortic valve and aortic root with computed tomography: new standards in an era of transcatheter valve repair/implantationPaul Schoenhagen
Imaging Institute and Heart and Vascular Institute, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Eur Heart J 30:2079-86. 2009..Procedural planning based on 3D imaging has already become routine for other endovascular procedures including aortic stent grafts, but is in its infancy in the context of transcatheter valve insertion...
- Pre-operative fasting guidelines: an updateE Søreide
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Stavanger University Hospital, Stavanger, Norway
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 49:1041-7. 2005..We think more research on the effect of various fasting regimes in subpopulations of patients is needed before we can move one step further towards completely evidence-based pre-operative fasting guidelines...
- Impact of short-term preoperative radiotherapy on health-related quality of life and sexual functioning in primary rectal cancer: report of a multicenter randomized trialCorrie A M Marijnen
Department of Clinical Oncology, Leiden University Medical Center, K1 P, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 23:1847-58. 2005..This report describes the HRQL and sexual functioning of 990 patients who underwent TME and were randomly assigned to short-term PRT (5 x 5 Gy)...
- Pretransplant renal function predicts survival in patients undergoing orthotopic liver transplantationSatheesh Nair
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Hepatology 35:1179-85. 2002..In conclusion, our findings suggest that when Mayo End-Stage Liver Disease (MELD) score is used to prioritize organ allocation, lower-than-expected graft and patient survival rates may be seen...
- Effect of preoperative smoking intervention on postoperative complications: a randomised clinical trialAnn M Møller
Department of Anaesthesiology, Bispebjerg University Hospital, 2400 NV, Copenhagen, Denmark
Lancet 359:114-7. 2002..Our aim was to investigate the effect of preoperative smoking intervention on the frequency of postoperative complications in patients undergoing hip and knee replacement...
- CT and PET in stomach cancer: preoperative staging and monitoring of response to therapyJoon Seok Lim
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemoon ku, Seoul, 120 752, Republic of Korea
Radiographics 26:143-56. 2006..Nevertheless, the combined use of CT and PET can be helpful in the preoperative staging of stomach cancer and in the therapeutic monitoring of affected patients...
- Preoperative chemotherapy in patients with resectable non-small cell lung cancer: results of the MRC LU22/NVALT 2/EORTC 08012 multicentre randomised trial and update of systematic reviewDavid Gilligan
Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Lancet 369:1929-37. 2007....
- Evaluation of preoperative high magnetic field motor functional MRI (3 Tesla) in glioma patients by navigated electrocortical stimulation and postoperative outcomeK Roessler
Department of Neurosurgery Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 76:1152-7. 2005..The validity of 3 Tesla motor functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) in patients with gliomas involving the primary motor cortex was investigated by intraoperative navigated motor cortex stimulation (MCS)...
- Preoperative F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose-positron emission tomography maximal standardized uptake value predicts survival after lung cancer resectionRobert J Downey
Thoracic Surgery Service, Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:3255-60. 2004....
- Preoperative biofeedback assisted behavioral training to decrease post-prostatectomy incontinence: a randomized, controlled trialKathryn L Burgio
Birmingham Atlanta Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
J Urol 175:196-201; discussion 201. 2006..We tested the effectiveness of preoperative biofeedback assisted behavioral training for decreasing the duration and severity of incontinence, and improving quality of life in the 6 months following radical prostatectomy...
- Comparison of CT, MRI and FDG-PET in response prediction of patients with locally advanced rectal cancer after multimodal preoperative therapy: is there a benefit in using functional imaging?T Denecke
Klinik für Strahlenheilkunde und PET Zentrum Berlin Campus Virchow Klinikum, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, Berlin, 13353, Germany
Eur Radiol 15:1658-66. 2005..002, CT P=0.197, MRI P=0.500). These results suggest that FDG-PET is superior to CT and MRI in predicting response to preoperative multimodal treatment of locally advanced primary rectal cancer...
- Reorganization of verbal and nonverbal memory in temporal lobe epilepsy due to unilateral hippocampal sclerosisH W Robert Powell
Department of Clinical and Experimental Epilepsy, Institute of Neurology, University College London, Queen Square, London, UK
Epilepsia 48:1512-25. 2007..The purpose of this study was to use functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) to study the organization of specific memory functions in these patients...
- Parathyroid imaging: technique and role in the preoperative evaluation of primary hyperparathyroidismNathan A Johnson
Department of Radiology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and School of Medicine, 200 Lothrop St, 3950 CHP MT, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:1706-15. 2007..When the results of these studies are concordant, the cure rates of minimally invasive surgery equal those of traditional bilateral neck exploration...
- Preoperative chemotherapy does not increase morbidity or mortality of hepatic resection for colorectal cancer metastasesCharles R Scoggins
Division of Surgical Oncology, James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, 315 E Broadway, Suite 303, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 16:35-41. 2009..Pre-hepatectomy chemotherapy appears to be safe and is an important part of the multidisciplinary approach for this disease...
- Six hundred fifty-six consecutive explorations for primary hyperparathyroidismRobert Udelsman
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Ann Surg 235:665-70; discussion 670-2. 2002..To review the outcomes of 656 consecutive parathyroid explorations performed by a single surgeon and to compare the results of conventional and minimally invasive parathyroidectomy (MIP) techniques...
- Effects of a perioperative smoking cessation intervention on postoperative complications: a randomized trialDavid Lindstrom
Surgery Section, Department of Clinical Science and Education, Sodersjukhuset, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Ann Surg 248:739-45. 2008..To determine whether an intervention with smoking cessation starting 4 weeks before general and orthopedic surgery would reduce the frequency of postoperative complications...
- Preoperative intensive inspiratory muscle training to prevent postoperative pulmonary complications in high-risk patients undergoing CABG surgery: a randomized clinical trialErik H J Hulzebos
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
JAMA 296:1851-7. 2006..The efficacy of preoperative inspiratory muscle training (IMT) in reducing the incidence of PPCs in high-risk patients undergoing CABG surgery has not yet been determined...
- Low-dose aspirin for secondary cardiovascular prevention - cardiovascular risks after its perioperative withdrawal versus bleeding risks with its continuation - review and meta-analysisW Burger
Department of Interventional Cardiology, St Georg Hospital, Leipzig, Germany
J Intern Med 257:399-414. 2005..Aim of the study was to review and quantify cardiovascular risks because of periprocedural aspirin withdrawal and bleeding risks with the continuation of aspirin...
- Does exercise reduce pain and improve physical function before hip or knee replacement surgery? A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsStephen D Gill
Department of Physiotherapy, Barwon Health, Geelong, Australia
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 94:164-76. 2013..To investigate the preoperative effects of exercise-based interventions on pain and physical function for people awaiting joint replacement surgery of the hip or knee...
- Portal vein embolization vs. portal vein ligation for induction of hypertrophy of the future liver remnantDieter C Broering
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, University of Hamburg, Martinistrasse 52, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
J Gastrointest Surg 6:905-13; discussion 913. 2002..PVE results in a significantly more efficient increase in liver volume and a shorter hospital stay...
- Preoperative chemotherapy plus surgery versus surgery plus adjuvant chemotherapy versus surgery alone in early-stage non-small-cell lung cancerEnriqueta Felip
Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Oncol 28:3138-45. 2010..To address whether preoperative chemotherapy plus surgery or surgery plus adjuvant chemotherapy prolongs disease-free survival compared with surgery alone among patients with resectable non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Patient education outcomes in surgery: a systematic review from 2004 to 2010Monica Ronco
Emergency Department, Teaching Hospital, Udine, Italy
Int J Evid Based Healthc 10:309-23. 2012....
- Prospective randomized trial of preoperative enteral immunonutrition followed by elective total gastrectomy for gastric cancerK Fujitani
Department of Surgery, Osaka National Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Br J Surg 99:621-9. 2012..This study assessed the clinical effects of preoperative enteral immunonutrition in well nourished patients with gastric cancer undergoing total gastrectomy...
- Preoperative lanreotide treatment in acromegalic patients with macroadenomas increases short-term postoperative cure rates: a prospective, randomised trialZhi gang Mao
Department of Neurosurgery, the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, No 58, Zhongshan Er Road, Guangzhou 510080, People s Republic of China
Eur J Endocrinol 162:661-6. 2010..To investigate whether 4-month preoperative lanreotide treatment would improve the surgical cure rate of newly diagnosed acromegalic patients with macroadenomas...
- Preoperative inner segment/outer segment junction in spectral-domain optical coherence tomography as a prognostic factor in epiretinal membrane surgeryMaiko Inoue
Department of Ophthalmology, Yokohama City University Medical Center, Yokohama, Japan
Retina 31:1366-72. 2011..To evaluate the macular structure on spectral-domain optical coherence tomographic (SD-OCT) images to predict the outcome of surgery for idiopathic epiretinal membrane...
- Non-small cell lung cancer: prospective comparison of integrated FDG PET/CT and CT alone for preoperative stagingSung Shine Shim
Department of Radiology and Center for Imaging Science, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Radiology 236:1011-9. 2005....
- Comparison of 5-fluorouracil/leucovorin and capecitabine in preoperative chemoradiotherapy for locally advanced rectal cancerDae Yong Kim
Center for Colorectal Cancer, Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Republic of Korea
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 67:378-84. 2007..To describe our experience with a bolus injection of 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin (FL) vs. capecitabine in terms of radiologic and pathologic findings in preoperative chemoradiotherapy (CRT) for locally advanced rectal cancer...
- Accuracy of magnetic resonance imaging in prediction of tumour-free resection margin in rectal cancer surgeryR G Beets-Tan
Department of Radiology, University Hospital of Maastricht, The Netherlands
Lancet 357:497-504. 2001..This study assessed the accuracy of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) with a phased-array coil for preoperative staging and prediction of the distance of the tumour from the circumferential resection margin in a total mesorectal excision...
- The relationship between admission hemoglobin level and outcome after hip fractureKonrad I Gruson
Geriatric Hip Fracture Research Group, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hospital for Joint Diseases Orthopaedic Institute, New York, New York 10003, USA
J Orthop Trauma 16:39-44. 2002..To determine the effect of admission hemoglobin level on patient outcome after hip fracture...
- Preoperative CYFRA 21-1 and CEA as prognostic factors in patients with stage I non-small cell lung cancerTakeshi Hanagiri
Second Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Yahatanishi, Iseigaoka 1 1, Yahatanishi ku, Kitakyushu 807, Japan
Lung Cancer 74:112-7. 2011..This study investigated the preoperative serum levels of CYFRA 21-1 and CEA as prognostic factors in patients with stage I non-small cell lung cancer...
- Effects of preoperative neuromuscular electrical stimulation on quadriceps strength and functional recovery in total knee arthroplasty. A pilot studyRaymond J Walls
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital, Finglas, Dublin, Ireland
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 11:119. 2010....
- Increase in future remnant liver function after preoperative portal vein embolizationW De Graaf
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Surg 98:825-34. 2011....
- Pre-operative inspiratory muscle training preserves postoperative inspiratory muscle strength following major abdominal surgery - a randomised pilot studyS R Kulkarni
Department of General and Vascular Surgery, Cheltenham General Hospital, Cheltenham GL53 7AN, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 92:700-7. 2010..The aim of this pilot study was to assess the effect of pre-operative inspiratory muscle training (IMT) on respiratory variables in patients undergoing major abdominal surgery...
- Hepatic segmentectomy with caudate lobe resection for bile duct carcinoma of the hepatic hilusY Nimura
First Department of Surgery, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
World J Surg 14:535-43; discussion 544. 1990....
- Influence of preoperative administration of omega-3 fatty acid-enriched supplement on inflammatory and immune responses in patients undergoing major surgery for cancerKazuo Nakamura
Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima University, Japan
Nutrition 21:639-49. 2005..We investigated the influence of preoperative administration of a supplement rich in arginine, omega-3 fatty acids, and RNA, Impact (Japan), on inflammatory and immune responses in patients undergoing major surgery for cancer...
- Could preoperative rehabilitation modify postoperative outcomes after total hip and knee arthroplasty? Elaboration of French clinical practice guidelinesE Coudeyre
Centre de Médecine Physique et Réadaptation Notre Dame, 4, Avenue Joseph Claussat, BP 86, 63404 Chamalières cedex, France
Ann Readapt Med Phys 50:189-97. 2007..To develop clinical practice guidelines concerning preoperative rehabilitation for hip and knee total arthroplasty...
- Late seizures in patients initially seizure free after epilepsy surgeryTheodore H Schwartz
Neurological Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College, and New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY 10021, USA
Epilepsia 47:567-73. 2006..No published reports document the rate and predictors of late recurrence in a large series of patients undergoing surgery in the magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) era...
- Preoperative localization and radioguided parathyroid surgeryGiuliano Mariani
Regional Center of Nuclear Medicine, University of Pisa Medical School, Pisa, Italy
J Nucl Med 44:1443-58. 2003..Specific guidelines should be followed when selecting patients for gamma-probe-guided MIP...
- Preoperative biliary drainage for cancer of the head of the pancreasNiels A van der Gaag
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
N Engl J Med 362:129-37. 2010..The benefits of preoperative biliary drainage, which was introduced to improve the postoperative outcome in patients with obstructive jaundice caused by a tumor of the pancreatic head, are unclear...
- Preoperative assessment of prognostic factors in rectal cancer using high-resolution magnetic resonance imagingG Brown
Cardiff and the Vale NHS Trust, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, UK
Br J Surg 90:355-64. 2003..The aim was to determine the accuracy of preoperative magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in the evaluation of pathological prognostic factors that influence local recurrence and survival in rectal cancer...
- Oral or intravenous iron as an adjuvant to autologous blood donation in elective surgery: a randomized, controlled studyV Weisbach
Department of Transfusion Medicine and Hemostaseology, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Transfusion 39:465-72. 1999....
- The ASA Physical Status Classification: inter-observer consistency. American Society of AnesthesiologistsP H K Mak
Department of Anaesthesiology, Queen Mary Hospital, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Anaesth Intensive Care 30:633-40. 2002..05). The validity of the ASA system, its usefulness and the need for a new, more precise scoring system is discussed...
- The impact of preoperative chemoradiotherapy on advanced low rectal cancerPing Sheng Kao
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Surg Oncol 102:771-7. 2010..Preoperative chemoradiotherapy (CCRT) followed by radical resection is an option for advanced low rectal cancer. This study was aimed to clarify the impact of CCRT on patients' outcome...
- Preoperative oral carbohydrate treatment attenuates immediate postoperative insulin resistanceM Soop
Department of Surgery, Karolinska Hospital, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 280:E576-83. 2001..The better preservation of insulin sensitivity in the treatment group was attributable to a less reduced glucose disposal in peripheral tissues and increased glucose oxidation rates...
- Treatment of liver metastases, an update on the possibilities and resultsT Ruers
Department of Surgery, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer 38:1023-33. 2002..For patients with unresectable disease, many different chemotherapy schedules may be used based on systemic drug administration. Regional chemotherapy and isolated liver perfusion should only be used within a study design...
- Portal vein embolization before major hepatectomy and its effects on regeneration, resectability and outcomeD Ribero
Department of Surgical Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Br J Surg 94:1386-94. 2007..This study evaluated the safety of portal vein embolization (PVE), its impact on future liver remnant (FLR) volume and regeneration, and subsequent effects on outcome after liver resection...
- Child-Turcotte-Pugh versus MELD score as a predictor of outcome after elective and emergent surgery in cirrhotic patientsNeil Farnsworth
Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Surgical Service 112, 2002 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Surg 188:580-3. 2004..We sought to compare the CTP and MELD scores in predicting outcomes in cirrhotic patients undergoing surgical procedures requiring general anesthesia...
- Volumetric analysis of the liver after right portal vein embolization: mid-term follow-up based on embolization scoreJ H Shin
Department of Radiology and Research Institute of Radiology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, 388 1, Pungnap 2dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul 138 736, Republic of Korea
Clin Radiol 65:288-96. 2010..To evaluate liver volume alterations and liver function after right portal vein embolization (PVE) during mid-term follow-up based on embolization score...
- Randomized clinical trial of mechanical bowel preparation versus no preparation before elective left-sided colorectal surgeryP Bucher
Clinic of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Department of Surgery, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva 14, Switzerland
Br J Surg 92:409-14. 2005..The aim of this randomized clinical trial was to compare the outcome of patients who underwent elective left-sided colorectal surgery with or without MBP...
- Prognostic significance of response to preoperative radiotherapy, lymph node metastasis, and CEA level in patients undergoing total mesorectal excision of rectal cancerSoichiro Ishihara
Department of Surgery, Teikyo University, 2 11 1, Kaga, Itabashi ku, Tokyo, 173 8605, Japan
Int J Colorectal Dis 25:1417-25. 2010....
- Diffusion tensor imaging tractography to visualize the relationship of the optic radiation to epileptogenic lesions prior to neurosurgeryGavin P Winston
Epilepsy Society MRI Unit, Department of Clinical and Experimental Epilepsy, UCL Institute of Neurology, London, United Kingdom
Epilepsia 52:1430-8. 2011..This study demonstrates the utility of diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) tractography in delineating the course of the optic radiation and its relationship to the epileptogenic lesion prior to epilepsy surgery...
- MR tractography predicts visual field defects following temporal lobe resectionH W R Powell
Department of Clinical and Experimental Epilepsy, Institute of Neurology, Queen Square, London, WC1N 3BG, UK
Neurology 65:596-9. 2005..Preoperative imaging of the optic radiation will be useful in predicting visual field defects following temporal lobe resection...
- Preoperative fastingO Ljungqvist
Centre of Gastrointestinal Disease, Ersta Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Surg 90:400-6. 2003..Several anaesthesia societies now recommend a 2-h preoperative fast for clear fluids and a 6-h fast for solids in most elective patients. The literature supporting such fasting recommendations was reviewed...
- Avoidance and management of positive surgical margins before, during and after radical prostatectomyS R J Bott
Institute of Urology and Nephrology, London, UK
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 5:252-63. 2002..Adjuvant radiotherapy or salvage radiotherapy in men with a low PSA may improve local control and PSA free survival in some individuals, a survival benefit has not yet been established...
- Alignment of sparse freehand 3-D ultrasound with preoperative images of the liver using models of respiratory motion and deformationJane M Blackall
Computational Imaging Science Group, Division of Imaging Sciences, Guy s King s and St Thomas Medical School, King s College London, London, UK
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 24:1405-16. 2005..Finally, the system is tested using real US and verified using visual inspection...
- The role of preoperative pulmonary function tests in the surgical treatment of scoliosisJ G Zhang
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Beijing, PR China
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 30:218-21. 2005..A retrospective study on the correlation between preoperative pulmonary function tests, preoperative pulmonary symptoms, and postoperative pulmonary complications...
- Imaging and localization of pancreatic insulinomasA Chatziioannou
Department of Radiology, Areteion Hospital, University of Athens, 76 Vas. Sofias Street, Athens 11528, Greece
Clin Imaging 25:275-83. 2001..All recent advances in imaging have improved the likelihood for curative surgical resection. Our purpose is to demonstrate the characteristics of all modalities, which may be used in the preoperative localization algorithm...
- A meta-analysis on the efficacy of preoperative biliary drainage for tumors causing obstructive jaundiceMiguel E Sewnath
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Surg 236:17-27. 2002..To review the effectiveness of preoperative biliary drainage (PBD) in patients with obstructive jaundice resulting from tumors...
- Preoperative transcatheter arterial chemoembolization reduces long-term survival rate after hepatic resection for resectable hepatocellular carcinomaA Sasaki
Department of Surgery I, Oita University Faculty of Medicine, 1 1 Hasama machi, Yufu, Oita 879 5593, Japan
Eur J Surg Oncol 32:773-9. 2006....
- Patients with pertrochanteric hip fracture may benefit from preoperative intravenous iron therapy: a pilot studyJorge Cuenca
Department of Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery, Miguel Servet University Hospital, Zaragoza, Spain
Transfusion 44:1447-52. 2004..Nevertheless, concerns about adverse effects of ABTs have prompted the review of transfusion practice and the search for a safer treatment of perioperative anemia...
- Trans-ileocecal portal vein embolization as a preoperative treatment for right trisegmentectomy with caudate lobectomyTatsuo Shimura
Department of General Surgical Science Surgery I, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Maebashi, Gunma, Japan
J Surg Oncol 96:438-41. 2007..However, biliary cancers sometimes cause peritoneal dissemination...
- Insurance-mandated preoperative dietary counseling does not improve outcome and increases dropout rates in patients considering gastric bypass surgery for morbid obesityMohammad K Jamal
Department of Surgery, Division of Minimally Invasive Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University Health System, Richmond, Virginia, USA
Surg Obes Relat Dis 2:122-7. 2006..We compared outcomes of GBP patients undergoing a mandatory 13 weeks of PDC (n = 72) to a contemporaneous group of patients with no such requirement (no-PDC; n = 252) who underwent operation between January 2000 and December 2002...
- Perioperative immunonutrition in patients undergoing cancer surgery: results of a randomized double-blind phase 3 trialM Braga
Department of Surgery, Scientific Institute San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy
Arch Surg 134:428-33. 1999..Perioperative administration of a supplemented enteral formula may reduce the rate of postoperative infections...
- Effects of preoperative octreotide treatment on different subtypes of 90 GH-secreting pituitary adenomas and outcome in one surgical centreT Abe
Department of Neurosurgery, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Eur J Endocrinol 145:137-45. 2001..To investigate the possible impact of pretreatment with octreotide on different subtypes of GH-secreting pituitary adenomas and on the outcome of transnasal surgery...
- Is there a benefit to preoperative weight loss in gastric bypass patients? A prospective randomized trialRamzi S Alami
Department of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Surg Obes Relat Dis 3:141-5; discussion 145-6. 2007..The role of preoperative weight loss in gastric bypass surgery remains controversial. We performed a prospective randomized trial to determine whether preoperative weight loss results in better outcomes after laparoscopic gastric bypass...
- Prognostic significance of tumor regression after preoperative chemoradiotherapy for rectal cancerClaus Rodel
Department of Radiation Therapy, University of Erlangen, Universitatsstr 27, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Clin Oncol 23:8688-96. 2005..We assessed the impact of tumor regression grading (TRG) and its value in correlation to established prognostic factors in a cohort of rectal carcinoma patients treated by preoperative chemoradiotherapy (CRT)...
- The value of routine preoperative medical testing before cataract surgery. Study of Medical Testing for Cataract SurgeryO D Schein
Dana Center for Preventive Ophthalmology, Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
N Engl J Med 342:168-75. 2000..We performed a study to determine whether routine testing helps reduce the incidence of intraoperative and postoperative medical complications...
- Effect of preoperative use of long-acting octreotide on growth hormone secreting pituitary adenoma and transsphenoidal surgeryJian Yin
Department of Neurosurgery, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100730
Chin Med Sci J 20:23-6. 2005..To investigate whether somatostatin analog octreotide long acting release (LAR) shrinks growth hormone (GH) secreting adenomas, and improves the results of subsequent transsphenoidal surgery...
- Evaluation of preoperative computed tomography in estimating peritoneal cancer index in colorectal peritoneal carcinomatosisJu Li Koh
Department of Surgery, St George Hospital, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Ann Surg Oncol 16:327-33. 2009..The role of CT in refining patient selection and improving prognosis remains to be closely evaluated...
- Benefits to patients choosing preoperative weight loss in gastric bypass surgery: new results of a randomized trialHouman Solomon
Department of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5641, USA
J Am Coll Surg 208:241-5. 2009..This article demonstrates results of the same study, with 1-year followup...
- Preoperative steroid administration: effect on morbidity among patients undergoing intestinal bowel resection for Crohńs diseaseMatthias Bruewer
Department of General Surgery, University of Muenster, Waldeyerstrasse 1, D 48149, Muenster, Germany
World J Surg 27:1306-10. 2003..Our results demonstrate that, in patients who are undergoing bowel resection for CD, even high-dose prolonged preoperative systemic steroid therapy is not associated with increased postoperative complications...
- Impact of portal vein embolization on long-term survival of patients with primarily unresectable colorectal liver metastasesD A Wicherts
Centre Hepato Biliaire, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Paul Brousse, Villejuif, France
Br J Surg 97:240-50. 2010..Portal vein embolization (PVE) increases the resectability of initially unresectable colorectal liver metastases (CLM). This study evaluated long-term survival in patients with CLM who underwent hepatectomy following PVE...
- Preoperative portal vein embolization for extended hepatectomyAlan W Hemming
Department of Surgery, Center for Hepatobiliary Disease, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Ann Surg 237:686-91; discussion 691-3. 2003..To examine the authors' experience with preoperative ipsilateral portal vein embolization (PVE) and assess its role in extended hepatectomy...
- Risk factors for perioperative morbidity and mortality after extended hepatectomy for hepatocellular carcinomaA C Wei
Division of General Surgery, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Br J Surg 90:33-41. 2003..This study evaluated the risk factors for morbidity and mortality following extended hepatectomy for HCC...
- Trends in mastectomy rates at the Mayo Clinic Rochester: effect of surgical year and preoperative magnetic resonance imagingRajini Katipamula
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:4082-8. 2009..We sought to analyze the trends in mastectomy rates and the relationship to preoperative MRI and surgical year at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN...
- Use of the SF-36 questionnaire to predict quality-of-life improvement after laparoscopic colorectal resection for endometriosisG Dubernard
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hopital Tenon, AP HP, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris VI, 4 rue de Chine, 75020 Paris, France
Hum Reprod 23:846-51. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine whether the preoperative results on the Physical Component Summary (PCS) and Mental Component Summary (MCS) subscales of the SF-36 questionnaire could predict the improvement in QOL after surgery...
- The effect of a preoperative exercise and education program on functional recovery, health related quality of life, and health service utilization following primary total knee arthroplastyLauren A Beaupre
Division of Orthopaedics, University of Alberta Hospital, Capital Health Regional Health Authority, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Rheumatol 31:1166-73. 2004..To determine the effectiveness of a preoperative exercise/education program on functional recovery, health related quality of life (HRQOL), health service utilization, and costs following primary total knee arthroplasty (TKA)...
- The effect of aspirin on blood loss and transfusion requirements in patients with femoral neck fracturesBrian J Manning
Department of Academic Surgery, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Ireland
Injury 35:121-4. 2004..Patients taking aspirin were also more likely to receive blood transfusion post-operatively...
- Does ibuprofen increase perioperative blood loss during hip arthroplasty?R Slappendel
St Maartenskliniek, Department of Anaesthesiology, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Anaesthesiol 19:829-31. 2002..To determine whether prior exposure of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs increases perioperative blood loss associated with major orthopaedic surgery...
- ELECTROCHEMOTHERAPY FOR TREATING SOFT TISSUE SARCOMASRichard Heller; Fiscal Year: 2002..An important consideration in the treatment of soft tissue sarcoma is to be able to perform limb sparing procedures which maintain functionality. ECT combined with surgery could fill this role. ..
- Engineered imaging nanoparticle for realtime detection of cancer in the tumor bedW David Lee; Fiscal Year: 2011..This technology has the potential to save lives, prevent secondary surgeries, minimize patient discomfort and surgical risks, and provide substantial savings in healthcare costs. ..
- Pulmonary Rehabiltation before Lung Cancer ResectionROBERTO PABLO BENZO; Fiscal Year: 2013..The long term goal of this research agenda is to innovate the preoperative care of lung cancer resection in patients with low lung function, and ultimately translate these improvements to ..
- Functional recovery in lumbar spine surgery: Influence of a brief Health BehaviorRichard L Skolasky; Fiscal Year: 2012..The first cohort will undergo standard preoperative care. The second cohort will undergo standard pre-operative care with an additional brief HBBC intervention ..
- Intraoperative imaging of breast cancer margins using Polarization Subtraction TeSHABBIR BAKIR BAMBOT; Fiscal Year: 2013..We further aim to show that the surgeon's ability to visualize cancer margins in the surgical suite using LumaScan is equal to that of a pathologist based on final histopathology images. ..
- ONE STEP ANTIMICROBIAL SURGICAL PREPARATION AND DRAPEKenneth Sirinek; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- Cleveland Clinic Orthopaedic Research Training GrantJOSEPH IANNOTTI; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- A Tailored Internet-based Preparation Program for Perioperative Anxiety and PainZeev N Kain; Fiscal Year: 2010..At the conclusion of this application, we will have preliminary data on which to base a follow-up full-scale evaluation of the efficacy and effectiveness of this program and potential moderators of its treatment effects. ..
- Electrocorticographic Study of Categorical Phoneme Perception in the Human TemporEdward Chang; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Psychological Influences on Postoperative RecoveryZeev Kain; Fiscal Year: 2007..The broad, longterm objectives of this research are the evaluation, development and implementation of preoperative interventions that will improve the postoperative behavioral and clinical recovery process. ..
- Basic Science of Tendon To Bone HealingAsheesh Bedi; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Biobehavioral Effects of Emotional Expression in CancerLorenzo Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2006..The effects of the intervention should be evident throughout recovery and across indices of quality of life, mental health, subjective symptoms of stress, and immune function. ..
- Evaluation of the AUDIT-C in a Primary Care PopulationKatharine Bradley; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Behavioral Intervention for Weight Loss Failure After Bariatric SurgeryMelissa Kalarchian; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Optimizing Lifestyle Adjustment in Weight Loss SurgeryMelissa Kalarchian; Fiscal Year: 2006..Future work may focus on adding adjunctive treatment components such as weight loss medication, the effects of which have not been adequately studied in bariatric surgery patients. ..
- Biobehavioral Effects of Yoga During Cancer TreatmentLorenzo Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Translational Research in Cancer PreventionDean Brenner; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Vessel Remodeling During Ductus Arteriosus ClosureRonald I Clyman; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies should increase our understanding of the mechanisms that prevent the preterm DA from closing and remodeling after birth. ..
- Phone Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Depression after Traumatic Brain InjuryJESSE FANN; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project will culminate in the design of a trial of CBT-TBI in a large, representative sample of people with TBI and depression. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Neurobiology of Auditory Perception in AutismNicole Gage; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- International Center of TCM for CancerLorenzo Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Eating Behaviors in Homebound Older AdultsJULIE LOCHER; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Safety and efficacy of exercise for individuals with CHFAnn Swank; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is hypothesized that strength gains in this investigation will be similar. ..
- PRESURGICAL STRESS REDUCTION MENTAL HEALTH AND CANCERLorenzo Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2002..We hypothesize that pre-surgical stress management will reduce the negative impact of RP assessed by psychological, physiological, and quality of life measures. ..
- Percutaneous Removal & Margin Ablation for Breast CancerVICKI KLIMBERG; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Patient-centered goals for pelvic floor dysfunctionKathie Hullfish; Fiscal Year: 2004..Patient goals, combined with clinical and QOL measures, may be used to provide comprehensive, multidisciplinary, patient-centered approaches to prevention, management, treatment, and rehabilitation. ..
- MEASUREMENT OF ADAPTIVE STYLE IN CHILDREN WITH CANCERSean Phipps; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Cancer Prevention: Translation of Molecular RevolutionDean Brenner; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center CCOP*Dean Brenner; Fiscal Year: 2007..Affiliations with Minority Based CCOPs have been forged to enhance recruitment of underserved minorities. ..
- Psychosocial and Neurocognitive Consequences of Childhood CancerSean Phipps; Fiscal Year: 2006..Publication of the conference proceedings will serve to summarize the current state of the field and to point towards new research agendas for the future. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PSYCHOSOCIAL IMPACT OF PEDIATRIC BONE MARROW TRANSPLANTSean Phipps; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, analyses will explore hypotheses specific to the positive psychology model, testing the role of positive affect and dispositional optimism as mediators and moderators of the intervention on child and parent well being. ..
- Elective Surgery as a Teachable Moment for Smoking CessationDavid Warner; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our overall goal is to develop effective tobacco use interventions for surgical patients; this project will be an important step in this process. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- International Conferences of the Society for Integrative OncologyPeter Johnstone; Fiscal Year: 2008..This year, satellite sessions will be held to discuss specific aspects of Acupuncture, Music Therapy, and Massage Therapy in cancer patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- UNDERSTANDING THE PATHOGENESIS OF STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUSVance Fowler; Fiscal Year: 2003..Accomplishing the aims of this proposal will contribute to improved clinical management of patients with S. aureus bacteremia, and will add to the understanding of S. aureus virulence factors. ..
- COMPUTER AIDED STRESS REDUCTION, MENTAL HEALTH & CANCERLorenzo Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- The Pathophysiology of T-wave AlternansSanjiv Narayan; Fiscal Year: 2005..This structured approach will ensure the successful completion of this project and, in this way, the development of the applicant into an independent clinician-investigator. ..
- Presurgery Hypnosis--Benefits Analysis in Breast CancerGuy Montgomery; Fiscal Year: 2003..The possible mediational role of these factors in hypnosis effects will be examined will classic statistical approaches. ..
- PROMOTING HEALTH IN PROSTATE & BREAST CANCERWendy Demark Wahnefried; Fiscal Year: 2005..If effective, this program could be modified, easily disseminated & used in a variety of health care settings, thus having broad public health impact. ..
- Pain Assessment in Cognitively Impaired ChildrenShobha Malviya; Fiscal Year: 2005..A reliable and valid pain assessment tool is critical to facilitate our future study of pain management strategies in these children. ..
- Gene Transfer to Facilitate Dose-Intensification in the Treatment of Pediatric B*Lars Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2007..We hypothesize this strategy will be well tolerated and allow for meaningful dose escalation through chemoprotection afforded by gene transfer into hematopoietic stem cells. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genes, Hormones & Environment in an Ovarian Cancer ModelDaniel Cramer; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our continued goal is to identify modifiable risk factors and chemo preventive agents for a common and lethal cancer in women. ..
- EFFECTIVENESS OF PRIMARY CARE ALCOHOL INTERVENTIONSKatharine Bradley; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally, I intend to estimate and analyze costs, and the cost- effectiveness, of a mailed, alcohol screening program. ..
- Postoperative Cognitive Dysfunction in the ElderlyTerri Monk; Fiscal Year: 2004..Given the breadth of my proposed training program, I will be able to interact with and serve as a mentor for anesthesiologists and also the broader corpus of scientists, both clinical and basic, interested in aging and neuroscience. ..
- Risk for New onset of Depression in Perimenopausal WomenDaniel Cramer; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Presurgery Hypnosis in Breast Cancer: Benefits AnalysisGuy Montgomery; Fiscal Year: 2006..Mediators and moderators (e.g., hypnotizability) of hypnosis effects will be determined, as well as long-term side benefits of the intervention. ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGIC AND BIOLOGIC PREDICTORS OF IVF SUCCESSDaniel Cramer; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MUC-1 related cancer immunity: determinants and predictive significanceDaniel Cramer; Fiscal Year: 2009..The findings of our study could provide the basis for developing a safe cancer- preventing vaccine for ovarian cancer and perhaps other MUC1-expressing tumors. ..