Genomes and Genes
Summary: Interventions to provide care prior to, during, and immediately after surgery.
Publications279 found, 100 shown here
- ACC/AHA 2007 guidelines on perioperative cardiovascular evaluation and care for noncardiac surgery: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Revise the 2002 GuidelineLee A Fleisher
Society for Vascular Medicine and Biology
Circulation 116:e418-99. 2007
- Laparoscopy in combination with fast track multimodal management is the best perioperative strategy in patients undergoing colonic surgery: a randomized clinical trial (LAFA-study)Malaika S Vlug
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Surg 254:868-75. 2011..To investigate which perioperative treatment, ie, laparoscopic or open surgery combined with fast track (FT) or standard care, is the optimal approach for patients undergoing segmental resection for colon cancer...
- Predictors of length of stay and patient satisfaction after hip and knee replacement surgery: fast-track experience in 712 patientsHenrik Husted
Department of Orthopaedics, Copenhagen University Hospital of Hvidovre, Denmark
Acta Orthop 79:168-73. 2008..The aim of this prospective study was to identify patient characteristics associated with LOS and patient satisfaction after total hip and knee replacement surgery...
- Enhanced recovery after surgery: a consensus review of clinical care for patients undergoing colonic resectionK C H Fearon
Clinical and Surgical Sciences Surgery, School of Clinical Sciences and Community Health, The University of Edinburgh, Royal Infirmary, 51 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4SA, UK
Clin Nutr 24:466-77. 2005..There is a need to develop a consensus on key elements of perioperative care for inclusion in enhanced recovery programmes so that these can be widely adopted and refined further in ..
- Consensus review of optimal perioperative care in colorectal surgery: Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) Group recommendationsKristoffer Lassen
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, University Hospital Northern Norway, 9038 Tromsø, Norway
Arch Surg 144:961-9. 2009To describe a consensus review of optimal perioperative care in colorectal surgery and to provide consensus recommendations for each item of an evidence-based protocol for optimal perioperative care.
- Herbal medicines and perioperative careM K Ang-Lee
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Ave, MC 4028, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
JAMA 286:208-16. 2001..Widespread use of herbal medications among the presurgical population may have a negative impact on perioperative patient care...
- A randomized, controlled trial of the use of pulmonary-artery catheters in high-risk surgical patientsJames Dean Sandham
Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alta, Canada
N Engl J Med 348:5-14. 2003..Some observational studies suggest that the use of pulmonary-artery catheters to guide therapy is associated with increased mortality...
- ACC/AHA 2007 Guidelines on Perioperative Cardiovascular Evaluation and Care for Noncardiac Surgery: Executive Summary: A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to ReviseLee A Fleisher
Circulation 116:1971-96. 2007
- Usefulness of enhanced recovery after surgery protocol as compared with conventional perioperative care in gastric surgeryTakanobu Yamada
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Kanagawa Cancer Center, 1 1 2 Nakao, Asahi ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
Gastric Cancer 15:34-41. 2012..The aim of this study was to assess the usefulness of an ERAS protocol for gastric surgery...
- Anaesthesia and myocardial ischaemia/reperfusion injuryJ Frässdorf
Departement of Anesthesiology, AMC University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Anaesth 103:89-98. 2009..This review will focus on the translation of the laboratory evidence of anaesthetic-induced cardioprotection into daily clinical practice...
- Effect of anaesthetic technique and other perioperative factors on cancer recurrenceG L Snyder
Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Medicine, University of California San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Br J Anaesth 105:106-15. 2010..Blood transfusion, pain, stress, and hypothermia are other potentially important perioperative factors to consider...
- Guidelines for perioperative care in elective colonic surgery: Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS®) Society recommendationsU O Gustafsson
Department of Surgery, Ersta Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Nutr 31:783-800. 2012This review aims to present a consensus for optimal perioperative care in colonic surgery and to provide graded recommendations for items for an evidenced-based enhanced perioperative protocol.
- The enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS) pathway for patients undergoing major elective open colorectal surgery: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsKrishna K Varadhan
Division of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Nottingham Digestive Diseases Centre NIHR Biomedical Research Unit, Nottingham University Hospitals, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2 UH, UK
Clin Nutr 29:434-40. 2010..The objective of this meta-analysis was to study the differences in outcomes in patients undergoing major elective open colorectal surgery within an ERAS pathway and those treated with conventional perioperative care.
- Perioperative immunonutrition for gastrointestinal cancer: a systematic review of randomized controlled trialsYan Zhang
Gansu Provincial Hospital, Donggang West Road No 204, Chengguan District, Lanzhou City, Gansu Province, China
Surg Oncol 21:e87-95. 2012..To improve the clinical outcome, immunonutrition (IN) was usually used in the patients undergoing elective gastrointestinal caner surgery. However, its effectiveness remains uncertain...
- Guidelines for perioperative care in elective rectal/pelvic surgery: Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS®) Society recommendationsJ Nygren
Department of Surgery, Ersta Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Nutr 31:801-16. 2012This review aims to present a consensus for optimal perioperative care in rectal/pelvic surgery, and to provide graded recommendations for items for an evidenced-based enhanced recovery protocol.
- Impact of preoperative nutritional support on clinical outcome in abdominal surgical patients at nutritional riskBin Jie
Department of General Surgery, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Nutrition 28:1022-7. 2012..This multicenter, prospective cohort study evaluated the effect of preoperative nutritional support in abdominal surgical patients at nutritional risk as defined by the Nutritional Risk Screening Tool 2002 (NRS-2002)...
- Adherence to perioperative antibiotic prophylaxis among orthopedic trauma patientsKristopher M Lundine
Division of Orthopaedics, Health Sciences Centre, 3330 Hospital Dr NW, Calgary, Alberta
Can J Surg 53:367-72. 2010..We also investigated what doses and durations of antibiotics are typically ordered, which patients actually receive antibiotics and factors causing the ordered antibiotic regimen to be altered...
- Randomized clinical trial of multimodal optimization and standard perioperative surgical careA D G Anderson
Combined Gastroenterology Unit, Scarborough Hospital, Woodlands Drive, Scarborough YO12 6QL, UK
Br J Surg 90:1497-504. 2003..The aim of this randomized trial was to compare multimodal optimization with standard care in patients undergoing colonic resection...
- Meta-analysis of laparoscopic versus open colorectal surgery within fast-track perioperative careMing Zhe Li
Department of Gastrointestinal and Pancreatic Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Dis Colon Rectum 55:821-7. 2012Both laparoscopic surgery and fast-track perioperative care have demonstrated advantages in patients undergoing elective colorectal resections. It is unclear whether there is an additive effect by combining these 2 procedures.
- Improving patient safety in the operating theatre and perioperative care: obstacles, interventions, and priorities for accelerating progressN Sevdalis
Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, London, UK
Br J Anaesth 109:i3-i16. 2012....
- Perioperative nutritional management in digestive tract surgeryUlf O Gustafsson
Department of Surgery, Ersta Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 14:504-9. 2011..reviews the recent research on perioperative nutrition in digestive tract surgery in the light of modern perioperative care principles, that is, enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS)...
- Perioperative nutrition in malnourished surgical cancer patients - a prospective, randomized, controlled clinical trialStanislaw Klek
Stanley Dudrick s Memorial Hospital, General Surgery Unit, 15 Tyniecka Street, 32 050 Skawina, Poland
Clin Nutr 30:708-13. 2011..The aim of the study was to evaluate the clinical value of the route and type of perioperative nutritional support...
- Surgical stress response and postoperative immune function after laparoscopy or open surgery with fast track or standard perioperative care: a randomized trialA A F A Veenhof
Department of Surgery, VU University Medical Center, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Surg 255:216-21. 2012To evaluate the effect of laparoscopic or open colectomy with fast track or standard perioperative care on patient's immune status and stress response after surgery.
- Supplemental perioperative oxygen and the risk of surgical wound infection: a randomized controlled trialF Javier Belda
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Valencia, Spain
JAMA 294:2035-42. 2005..Supplemental perioperative oxygen has been variously reported to halve or double the risk of surgical wound infection...
- [Perioperative management of coagulation]P Innerhofer
Universitätsklinik für Anästhesie und Allgemeine Intensivmedizin, Medizinische Universitat Innsbruck, Anichstr 35, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Hamostaseologie 26:S3-14. 2006....
- Fluid therapy for the surgical patientBirgitte Brandstrup
Surgical Department, Slagelse University Hospital, Ingemannsvej 18, DK 4200 Slagelse, Denmark
Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol 20:265-83. 2006..Based on current evidence, the principles of 'restricted intravenous fluid therapy' are recommended: fluid lost should be replaced and fluid overload should be avoided...
- ESPEN Guidelines on Enteral Nutrition: Surgery including organ transplantationA Weimann
Klinik f Allgemein und Visceralchirurgie, Klinikum St Georg, Leipzig, Germany
Clin Nutr 25:224-44. 2006..From a metabolic and nutritional point of view, the key aspects of perioperative care include: Enteral nutrition (EN) by means of oral nutritional supplements (ONS) and if necessary tube feeding ..
- Impact of heart failure on patients undergoing major noncardiac surgeryBradley G Hammill
Center for Clinical and Genetic Economics, Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Anesthesiology 108:559-67. 2008..The authors evaluated short-term outcomes among patients with heart failure, coronary artery disease (CAD), or neither who underwent major noncardiac surgery...
- Clinical benefits after the implementation of a multimodal perioperative protocol in elderly patientsJosé Eduardo de Aguilar-Nascimento
Department of Surgery, Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso UFMT, Cuiaba, MT, Brazil
Arq Gastroenterol 47:178-83. 2010Multimodal protocol of perioperative care may enhance recovery after surgery. Based on evidence these new routines of perioperative care changed conventional prescriptions in surgery.
- 'Liberal' vs. 'restrictive' perioperative fluid therapy--a critical assessment of the evidenceM Bundgaard-Nielsen
Section of Surgical Pathophysiology, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 53:843-51. 2009..Several studies have assessed the effect of a 'liberal' vs. a 'restrictive' perioperative fluid regimen on post-operative outcome. The literature was reviewed in order to provide recommendations regarding perioperative fluid regimens...
- The effects of perioperative beta-blockade: results of the Metoprolol after Vascular Surgery (MaVS) study, a randomized controlled trialHomer Yang
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
Am Heart J 152:983-90. 2006..We report a trial of the perioperative administration of metoprolol and its effects on the incidence of cardiac complications at 30 days and 6 months after vascular surgery...
- Analysis of prognostic factors in seventy patients having a complete cytoreduction plus perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy for carcinomatosis from colorectal cancerRodrigo Gomes da Silva
Washington Cancer Institute, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Am Coll Surg 203:878-86. 2006..Proper selection factors are important because palliative surgery in these patients has not proved beneficial...
- Fast-track colorectal surgeryHenrik Kehlet
Section for Surgical Pathophysiology 4074, Copenhagen University Hospital, Rigshospitalet, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Lancet 371:791-3. 2008
- Application of perioperative immunonutrition for gastrointestinal surgery: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsYamin Zheng
Department of General Surgery, Xuanwu Hospital, Capital Medical University, No 45 Changchun Street, Beijing 100053, China
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 16:253-7. 2007..Further prospective study is required in children or critical patients with gastrointestinal surgery...
- Care after colonic operation--is it evidence-based? Results from a multinational survey in Europe and the United StatesHenrik Kehlet
Section for Surgical Pathophysiology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Am Coll Surg 202:45-54. 2006..This survey investigated clinical practice around colonic operations across Europe and the United States...
- Utility of B-type natriuretic peptide in predicting postoperative complications and outcomes in patients undergoing heart surgeryRyan Hutfless
University of California, San Diego, San Diego, California, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:1873-9. 2004..The purpose of the present study was to assess whether preoperative and postoperative B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) levels could be used as predictors of postoperative complications and outcomes in patients after open-heart surgery...
- Perioperative anticoagulation management in patients who are receiving oral anticoagulant therapy: a practical guide for cliniciansJames D Douketis
Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Thromb Res 108:3-13. 2002..The objectives of this review are to focus on practical issues relating to perioperative anticoagulation and the implementation of a perioperative anticoagulation management approach that can be used in everyday clinical practice...
- Liberal or restrictive fluid administration in fast-track colonic surgery: a randomized, double-blind studyK Holte
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Hvidovre University Hospital, DK 2650 Hvidovre, Denmark
Br J Anaesth 99:500-8. 2007..Therefore, we investigated the effects of two regimens of intraoperative fluids with physiological recovery as the primary outcome measure after fast-track colonic surgery...
- Postoperative complications in gastrointestinal cancer patients: the joint role of the nutritional status and the nutritional supportFederico Bozzetti
Department of Surgery, Hospital of Prato, Piazza dell Ospedale 5, 59100 Prato, Italy
Clin Nutr 26:698-709. 2007..This study investigated the effects of nutritional support on postoperative complications, in relation with demographic and nutritional factors, intraoperative factors, type and routes of nutritional regimens...
- Systematic review of enhanced recovery programmes in colonic surgeryJ Wind
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Surg 93:800-9. 2006Fast track (FT) programmes optimize perioperative care in an attempt to accelerate recovery, reduce morbidity and shorten hospital stay. The aim of this review was to assess FT programmes for elective segmental colonic resections.
- Coronary artery stenting and non-cardiac surgery--a prospective outcome studyM N Vicenzi
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Medical University of Graz, Austria
Br J Anaesth 96:686-93. 2006..Therefore we undertook a prospective, observational multicentre study with predefined heparin therapy and antiplatelet medication in patients undergoing non-cardiac procedures after coronary artery stenting...
- Improvement in perioperative outcome after hepatic resection: analysis of 1,803 consecutive cases over the past decadeWilliam R Jarnagin
Departments of Surgery and Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Ann Surg 236:397-406; discussion 406-7. 2002..To assess the nature of changes in the field of hepatic resectional surgery and their impact on perioperative outcome...
- Impact of fresh frozen plasma on hepatectomy for hepatocellular carcinomaMasaki Kaibori
Department of Surgery, Hirakata Hospital, Kansai Medical University, Hirakata, Osaka 573 1191, Japan
Anticancer Res 28:1749-55. 2008..Little is known about the effect of transfusing fresh frozen plasma on the outcome after hepatectomy for hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Urgent surgery in patients with a recently implanted coronary drug-eluting stent: a phase II study of 'bridging' antiplatelet therapy with tirofiban during temporary withdrawal of clopidogrelS Savonitto
Department of Cardiology, Ospedale Niguarda Ca Granda, Piazza Ospedale Maggiore 3, 20162 Milan, Italy
Br J Anaesth 104:285-91. 2010..This pilot study tested the hypothesis that the i.v. perioperative administration of the short-acting antiplatelet agent tirofiban allows the safe withdrawal of clopidogrel without increasing the rate of surgical bleeding...
- Anesthesia-related cardiac arrest in children: update from the Pediatric Perioperative Cardiac Arrest RegistrySanjay M Bhananker
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA
Anesth Analg 105:344-50. 2007..Changes in pediatric anesthesia practice may have altered the causes of cardiac arrest in anesthetized children...
- Cost-effectiveness of accelerated perioperative care and rehabilitation after total hip and knee arthroplastyKristian Larsen
Orthopedic Research Unit, Orthopedic Department, Regional Hospital Holstebro, Laegaardvej, 7500 Holstebro, Denmark
J Bone Joint Surg Am 91:761-72. 2009..We compared the cost-effectiveness of an accelerated perioperative care and rehabilitation protocol with that of a more standard protocol for patients treated with total hip and ..
- The role of the anesthesiologist in fast-track surgery: from multimodal analgesia to perioperative medical carePaul F White
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Management, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Texas, USA
Anesth Analg 104:1380-96, table of contents. 2007..e., outpatient) and major (inpatient) surgery procedures. In this article we focus on the expanding role of the anesthesiologist in fast-track surgery...
- The pharmaco-economics of peri-operative statin therapyB M Biccard
Nuffield Department of Anaesthetics, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headley Way, Headington, Oxford, OX3 9DU, UK
Anaesthesia 60:1059-63. 2005....
- Optimizing perioperative care in bariatric surgery patientsDaniel P Lemanu
Department of Surgery, South Auckland Clinical School, Middlemore Hospital, University of Auckland, Private Bag 93311, Otahuhu, Auckland, New Zealand
Obes Surg 22:979-90. 2012..gastric bypass', 'ERAS', 'enhanced recovery', 'enhanced recovery after surgery', 'fast-track surgery', 'perioperative care', 'postoperative care', 'intraoperative care' and 'preoperative care'...
- Thoracic epidural analgesia facilitates the restoration of bowel function and dietary intake in patients undergoing laparoscopic colon resection using a traditional, nonaccelerated, perioperative care programA Taqi
Department of Surgery, McGill University Health Centre, 1650, Cedar Avenue, Room D10 144, Montreal, H3G 1A4, Quebec, Canada
Surg Endosc 21:247-52. 2007This randomized trial compared thoracic epidural analgesia with patient-controlled analgesia (PCA) using morphine for laparoscopic colectomy in a traditional, nonaccelerated, perioperative care program.
- Effect of perioperative autologous versus allogeneic blood transfusion on the immune system in gastric cancer patientsGang Chen
Department of Anesthesiology, The Second Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310009, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 8:560-5. 2007..The purpose was to further evaluate the effect of autologous versus allogeneic blood transfusion on immunological status in patients undergoing surgery for gastric cancer...
- Management of perioperative nutrition supportRobert G Martindale
Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Curr Opin Crit Care 12:290-4. 2006..Issues specifically addressed include which patients are most likely to benefit from perioperative nutritional supplementation, and the optimal route, timing, and quantity of nutrient delivery...
- Perioperative care for the elderly patientMargaret M Beliveau
Division of General Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street, South West, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Med Clin North Am 87:273-89. 2003..Using this information, patients can be clinically evaluated effectively and plans made for their perioperative care to minimize complications.
- The influence of perioperative care and treatment on the 4-month outcome in elderly patients with hip fractureKarin B Bjorkelund
Lund University, Department of Health Sciences, Lund, Sweden
AANA J 79:51-61. 2011..To minimize morbidity and mortality, providers should increase efforts to optimize the patients' oxygen saturation and hemoglobin level and reduce fasting time and waiting time for surgery...
- Perioperative care of patients with epidermolysis bullosa: proceedings of the 5th international symposium on epidermolysis bullosa, Santiago Chile, December 4-6, 2008Kenneth Goldschneider
Division of Pain Management, Department of Anesthesiology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 20:797-804. 2010..interdisciplinary panel of experts assembled in Santiagio, Chile to review the best practices for perioperative care of patients with EB...
- Perioperative antibiotic prophylaxis: improved compliance and impact on infection ratesE Prospero
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Section of Hygiene, Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
Epidemiol Infect 139:1326-31. 2011....
- Point-of-care assessment of antiplatelet agents in the perioperative period: a reviewN M Gibbs
Department of Anaesthesia, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Nedlands, Western Australia, Australia
Anaesth Intensive Care 37:354-69. 2009..The strengths and limitations of point-of-care devices should be appreciated before they are used to assist clinical decision-making in the perioperative period...
- Enhanced recovery after surgery versus conventional perioperative care in rectal surgeryPascal H E Teeuwen
Department of Surgery, Division of Gastro intestinal Surgery, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Dis Colon Rectum 54:833-9. 2011..Enhanced recovery after surgery programs have been developed to improve recovery, shorten hospital stays, and reduce morbidity...
- Outcomes in perioperative careJean Mantz
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Beaujon University Hospital, Paris 7 Paris Diderot University, Clichy, France
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 23:201-8. 2010The present review examines the trends and controversies on how perioperative care can influence outcome after anesthesia and surgery.
- Does perioperative systolic blood pressure variability predict mortality after cardiac surgery? An exploratory analysis of the ECLIPSE trialsSolomon Aronson
Department of Anesthesiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Anesth Analg 113:19-30. 2011..We tested the hypothesis that systolic blood pressure (SBP) variability in patients undergoing cardiac surgery is associated with 30-day mortality...
- Perioperative care of the child with arthrogryposisSam Martin
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 16:31-7. 2006..AMC results from fetal akinesia due to extrinsic factors (oligohydramnios) or primary neurogenic or myopathic conditions of the fetus...
- Pharmacologic properties of the new oral anticoagulants: a clinician-oriented review with a focus on perioperative managementJames D Douketis
Department of Medicine, McMaster University, St Joseph s Healthcare, 50 Charlton Avenue East, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Curr Pharm Des 16:3436-41. 2010....
- Quality assessment of clinical practice guidelines in perioperative care: a systematic appraisalLeticia Barajas-Nava
Iberoamerican Cochrane Centre, Clinical Epidemiology and Public Health Department, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Sant Antoni M Claret 171, 08041 Barcelona, Spain
Qual Saf Health Care 19:e50. 2010..Clinical practice guidelines in perioperative care should provide the opportunity to minimise these risks and improve surgical outcomes, but their quality has ..
- Variation in perioperative care across centers for infants undergoing the Norwood procedureSara K Pasquali
Department of Pediatrics and Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 144:915-21. 2012..Apart from shunt type, subjects received the local standard of care. We evaluated variation in perioperative care during the Norwood hospitalization across 14 trial sites.
- Perioperative hyperinsulinaemic normoglycaemic clamp causes hypolipidaemia after coronary artery surgeryC J Zuurbier
Department of Anaesthesiology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Anaesth 100:442-50. 2008..The present study examines lipids and other substrates during and after on-pump coronary artery bypass grafting and how they are affected by a hyperinsulinaemic normoglycaemic clamp...
- The implementation of a perioperative checklist increases patients' perioperative safety and staff satisfactionA B Böhmer
Department of Anaesthesiology, Hospital Cologne Merheim, University Hospital of the Witten Herdecke University, Cologne, Germany
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 56:332-8. 2012..The aim of the present study was to evaluate perioperative safety standards and the quality of interprofessional cooperation before and after the introduction of a safety checklist from staff members' point of view...
- Management plan to reduce risks in perioperative care of patients with presumed obstructive sleep apnea syndromeBhargavi Gali
Department of Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 3:582-8. 2007..We initiated a protocol designed to screen patients preoperatively and monitor them postoperatively. The goal was to identify patients who were at risk for oxygen desaturation after discharge from the postanesthesia recovery room (PACU)...
- Perioperative care of a patient with Beare-Stevenson syndromeSara Upmeyer
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 15:1131-6. 2005..The authors present their experience caring for a patient with Beare-Stevenson syndrome and discuss the anesthesia care of these patients...
- Perioperative parenteral nutrition: impact on morbidity and mortality in surgical patientsCharlene W Compher
Penn Nursing and Department of Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Nutr Clin Pract 20:460-7. 2005
- Goal-directed haemodynamic therapy and gastrointestinal complications in major surgery: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsM T Giglio
Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Unit, Department of Emergency and Organ Transplantation, University of Bari, Policlinico, Piazza G Cesare 11, 70124 Bari, Italy
Br J Anaesth 103:637-46. 2009..In patients undergoing major surgery, GDT, by maintaining an adequate systemic oxygenation, can protect organs particularly at risk of perioperative hypoperfusion and is effective in reducing GI complications...
- Perioperative tight glucose control with hyperinsulinemic-normoglycemic clamp technique in cardiac surgeryHiroaki Sato
Department of Anaesthesia, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Nutrition 26:1122-9. 2010..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of perioperative glucose and insulin administration while maintaining normoglycemia using a hyperinsulinemic-normoglycemic clamp technique...
- Perioperative care of the elderly patient: an updateRobert M Palmer
Division of Geriatric Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Kaufmann Medical Building, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 76:S16-21. 2009..General recommendations for the perioperative care of elderly patients include avoiding drugs that raise the risk of delirium, ensuring adequate caloric and ..
- Peri-operative nutritional managementFederico Bozzetti
Faculty of Medicine, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Proc Nutr Soc 70:305-10. 2011..This paper will focus on the updated evidence-based research on peri-operative nutrition (parenteral, enteral and immune-enhancing) in patients undergoing major surgery...
- Perioperative management of morbid obesitySammy Al-Benna
St Bartholomew s Hospital, West Smithfield, London, ECIA 7BE
J Perioper Pract 21:225-33. 2011..Given these proportions, and that an increasing number of morbidly obese patients are undergoing weight loss surgery and procedures related to obesity, it is an opportune time to review the perioperative care of morbidly obese patients.
- Optimizing cost-effectiveness in perioperative care for liver transplantation: a model for low- to medium-income countriesKarina Rando
Department of Hepatic Diseases, Military Hospital, Montevideo, Uruguay
Liver Transpl 17:1247-78. 2011..Cost-effectiveness data for LT are limited, especially in perioperative care, and the techniques and costs vary widely between centers without overt differences in outcomes...
- Perioperative monitoring of thromboelastograph on blood protection and recovery for severely cyanotic patients undergoing complex cardiac surgeryYongli Cui
Department of Cardiopulmonary Bypass, Cardiovascular Institute and Fuwai Hospital, CAMS, and PUMS, Beijing, China
Artif Organs 34:955-60. 2010..05). So, TEG was effective in perioperative blood protection. Fibrinogen could be a substitute for FFP to restore hemostasis and improve the prognosis for these patients...
- Effect of adjuvant perioperative desmopressin in locally advanced canine mammary carcinoma and its relation to histologic gradeGuillermo A Hermo
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Department of Science and Technology, Quilmes National University, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 47:21-7. 2011..The present data suggest that DDAVP may be an excellent candidate as a surgical adjuvant in the management of aggressive cancers in small animals. More research in this field is warranted...
- Living donor liver transplantation: selection, perioperative care, and outcomeBhargavi Gali
Department of Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Intensive Care Med 27:71-8. 2012..Close immediate postoperative monitoring and meticulous management will remain an essential aspect in limiting donor complications and deaths...
- Multimodal multidisciplinary standardization of perioperative care: still a long way to goJan Klein
Department of Anesthesiology, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 21:187-90. 2008The complexity of the perioperative care process has resulted in a suboptimal use of resources, quality problems and a relatively high incidence of errors...
- Patient's satisfaction with perioperative care: development, validation, and application of a questionnaireM A A Caljouw
Operating Theatre Centre, Leiden University Medical Centre, Postal Zone J4 Q, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Br J Anaesth 100:637-44. 2008..The aim of our study was to develop a valid and reliable self-reported multidimensional questionnaire assessing patient satisfaction that included these issues...
- Perioperative antibiotic prophylaxis in the gastric bypass patient: do we achieve therapeutic levels?Charles E Edmiston
Department of Surgery, Medical College of Winsconsin, Milwaukee, 53226, USA
Surgery 136:738-47. 2004..Perioperative surgical antibiotic prophylaxis requires that therapeutically effective drug concentrations be present in the tissues...
- [Perioperative management of patients with coronary stents in non-cardiac surgery]C Jambor
Arbeitsgruppe Perioperative Hämostase, Klinik fur Anaesthesiologie, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Max Lebsche Platz 32, 81377, Munchen
Anaesthesist 58:971-85. 2009..Whether bedside monitoring of antiplatelet therapy improves the perioperative management of these patients and reduces adverse outcome is object of current studies...
- Perioperative handling of patients on antiplatelet therapy with need for surgeryMatteo Nicola Dario Di Minno
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, Federico II University, Via Sergio Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Intern Emerg Med 4:279-88. 2009..Aprotinin decreases postoperative bleeding and transfusion rates in patients undergoing CABG and on clopidogrel during the days preceding surgery...
- Antiplatelet agents in the perioperative periodJames M O'Riordan
Department of Surgery, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Arch Surg 144:69-76; discussion 76. 2009..To determine the use of the 3 major classes of antiplatelet drugs (aspirin, thienopyridines, and glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors), their management in the perioperative period, and the risks associated with premature withdrawal...
- Update in perioperative medicineGerald W Smetana
Division of General Medicine and Primary Care, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Ann Intern Med 140:452-61. 2004
- Accelerated perioperative care and rehabilitation intervention for hip and knee replacement is effective: a randomized clinical trial involving 87 patients with 3 months of follow-upKristian Larsen
The Musculoskeletal Research Unit, Department of Orthopedics, Holstebro Regional Hospital, Holstebro, Denmark
Acta Orthop 79:149-59. 2008..We therefore performed an efficacy study of an accelerated perioperative care and rehabilitation intervention in patients receiving primary total hip replacement, and both total and ..
- [Perioperative therapy with antiplatelet agents]W Lepper
Medizinische Klinik I, Kardiologie, Pulmonologie und Angiologie, Universitätsklinikum der RWTH Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52057 Aachen
Anaesthesist 56:592-8. 2007..Especially patients with intracoronary stents are at threat when the dual platelet therapy is interrupted before complete endothelialization of the stent...
- Cardiac screening before noncardiac surgeryFreddie M Williams
Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, 1215 Lee Street, Box 800158, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Surg Clin North Am 89:747-62, vii. 2009..beta-Blocker therapy has become controversial in light of recent publications but should be continued in patients already on therapy, and started in patients with high cardiac risk undergoing intermediate- or high-risk surgery...
- The effects of fasting and refeeding with a 'metabolic preconditioning' drink on substrate reserves and mononuclear cell mitochondrial functionSherif Awad
Division of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Nottingham Digestive Diseases Centre NIHR Biomedical Research Unit, Nottingham University Hospitals, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Clin Nutr 29:538-44. 2010....
- Preventing surgical site infectionsIlker Uckay
Infection Control Programme, University of Geneva Hospitals and Faculty of Medicine, 4 rue Gabrielle Perret Gentil, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 8:657-70. 2010..Although theoretically reducible to zero, the maximal realistic extent by which SSI can be decreased remains unknown...
- Point of controversy: perioperative care of patients undergoing pheochromocytoma removal-time for a reappraisal?Claude Lentschener
Departments of Anesthesia and Critical Care Digestive and Endocrine Surgery, Faculte de Medecine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Cochin, EA 3623, Universite Paris Descartes, 27 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75679 Paris Cedex 14, France
Eur J Endocrinol 165:365-73. 2011..We reviewed available literature in this respect...
- beta-Blockers and reduction of cardiac events in noncardiac surgery: clinical applicationsAndrew D Auerbach
Department of Medicine, Box 0120, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0120, USA
JAMA 287:1445-7. 2002..Even though fine points of their use remain to be elucidated, perioperative beta-blocker use is important and can be easily applied in practice by any physician involved with the care of patients perioperatively...
- Maintenance of normoglycemia during cardiac surgeryGeorge Carvalho
Department of Anesthesia, McGill University, Royal Victoria Hospital, Room S5 05, 687 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 1A1
Anesth Analg 99:319-24, table of contents. 2004..In conclusion, it seems that normal blood glucose concentration during open heart surgery can be reliably maintained in nondiabetic and diabetic patients by using the hyperinsulinemic normoglycemic clamp technique...
- A combination of statins and beta-blockers is independently associated with a reduction in the incidence of perioperative mortality and nonfatal myocardial infarction in patients undergoing abdominal aortic aneurysm surgeryM D Kertai
Department of Cardiology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 28:343-52. 2004..To investigate the combined beneficial effect of statin and beta-blocker use on perioperative mortality and myocardial infarction (MI) in patients undergoing abdominal aortic aneurysm surgery (AAA)...
- Effects of intravenous fluid restriction on postoperative complications: comparison of two perioperative fluid regimens: a randomized assessor-blinded multicenter trialBirgitte Brandstrup
Clinical Unit of Preventive Medicine and Health Promotion, H S Bispebjerg University Hospital, Bispebjerg Bakke 23, DK 2400 Copenhagen NV, Denmark
Ann Surg 238:641-8. 2003..To investigate the effect of a restricted intravenous fluid regimen versus a standard regimen on complications after colorectal resection...
- Perioperative blood transfusion in hepatocellular carcinomas: influence of immunologic profile and recurrence free survivalA H Kwon
First Department of Surgery, Kansai Medical University, 10 15 Fumizono, Moriguchi, Osaka, 570 8507, Japan
Cancer 91:771-8. 2001..The authors prospectively investigated the relation between perioperative allogeneic blood transfusions, the recurrence free survival, and the immunologic profiles of patients with HCC who had undergone curative hepatic resections...
- Perioperative nutrition support: who and howRichard M Salvino
Department of Gastroenterology, MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, OH, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 71:345-51. 2004....
- Coagulation monitoring: current techniques and clinical use of viscoelastic point-of-care coagulation devicesMichael T Ganter
Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, University of CA San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Anesth Analg 106:1366-75. 2008..To ensure optimal accuracy and performance, standardized procedures for blood sampling and handling, strict quality controls and trained personnel are required...
- [Perioperative care in digestive surgery]C Mariette
Service de Chirurgie Digestive et Generale, Hopital C Huriez, CHRU, Lille
J Chir (Paris) 142:14-28. 2005
- Perioperative beta-blocker therapy and mortality after major noncardiac surgeryPeter K Lindenauer
Division of Healthcare Quality, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Mass 01199, USA
N Engl J Med 353:349-61. 2005..We assessed the use of perioperative beta-blockers and their association with in-hospital mortality in routine clinical practice...
- Perioperative beta-blockade (POBBLE) for patients undergoing infrarenal vascular surgery: results of a randomized double-blind controlled trialA R Brady
Department of Vascular Surgery, Imperial College, Charing Cross Campus, London, UK
J Vasc Surg 41:602-9. 2005....
- Integrating Perioperative Care into the Treatment of HypertensionROBERT SCHONBERGER; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Surgical Treatment Outcomes for Patients with Psychiatric Disorders (STOPP)Laurel A Copeland; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed work will lay the groundwork for identifying and developing interventions to improve perioperative care of these patients.
- Pediatric Heart Network Regents of the University of MichiganRichard G Ohye; Fiscal Year: 2013..patient group, has improved markedly in the past 30 years due to innovations and refinements in surgical and perioperative care. The Norwood operation, the first step in the 3-stage surgical palliation for these children is now ..
- Obesity and Surgical OutcomesJeffrey H Silber; Fiscal Year: 2010..in the care of obese surgical patients that will have a significant impact on the surgical approach to, and perioperative care of, the elderly obese...
- Volatile anesthetic alteration of neural precursor cell cycle and fate decisionsJeffrey W Sall; Fiscal Year: 2013..will be carried out at the University of California, San Francisco in the department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, one of the top departments in this field...
- Dissemination of Patient Centered Outcomes in Anesthesia CareRichard P Dutton; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Anesthesia Quality Institute (AQI) was created by ASA to improve perioperative care through development of the National Anesthesia Clinical Outcomes Registry (NACOR)...
- Hyperinsulinemic glucose control and myocardial function during cardiac surgeryAndra E Duncan; Fiscal Year: 2013..development of advanced echocardiographic skills with important research applications for investigating perioperative care of complex cardiac surgical patients;4) an investigation in basic science research to elucidate the cellular ..
- Anesthetics and Alzheimer's DiseaseRoderic G Eckenhoff; Fiscal Year: 2012..and the public health and societal challenge of caring for the demented, it is imperative that we design our perioperative care in a way that avoids contributions to neurodegeneration...
- Voltage gated sodium channels in acute post laminectomy painCHRISTINA MARIE SPOFFORD; Fiscal Year: 2013..This work will provide much needed information for future development of novel analgesics that are devoid of serious side effects, enabling physicians to provide better perioperative care to surgical patients.
- Structure, Process and Outcomes in Cancer SurgeryJohn D Birkmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2010..Variation in specific medical complications would instead suggest the need to focus on processes related to perioperative care. In this context, our project has two specific aims: 1...
- ANESTHETICS AND CARDIOPROTECTIVE SIGNAL TRANSDUCTIONJudy Kersten; Fiscal Year: 2001..will provide a foundation for the development of the candidate as an independent investigator, and the results will ultimately contribute to improvement in the perioperative care of patients with cardiovascular disease. (End of abstract)
- Improving the Quality and Safety of Regional Surgical P*Michael Higgins; Fiscal Year: 2004..region's patients, 2) a preoperative evaluation resource containing the medical history relevant to planning perioperative care, 3) the creation of a perioperative database core to support health services research initiatives, 4) a ..
- Elective Surgery as a Teachable Moment for Smoking CessationDavid Warner; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our overall goal is to develop effective tobacco use interventions for surgical patients; this project will be an important step in this process. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Improving use of peri-operative beta-blockers with a multidimentional QI programAndrew Auerbach; Fiscal Year: 2009..The impact of this set of tools will be substantial as groups such as the NSQIP, SCIP, National Quality Forum, and Leapfrog Group continue to endorse PBB as a key strategy to reduce surgical morbidity and mortality. ..
- Endothelial progenitor cells and surgical outcomesAndrew Auerbach; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neurophysiologic Development Responses to SurgeryDOUGLAS RIRIE; Fiscal Year: 2007..Through this and future studies which come from this data and training, improvement in understanding will hopefully lead to improved pain therapy that is developmentally appropriate. ..
- Pharmacotherapy for Minor DepressionRobert Howland; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study will have profound public health implications by improving our understanding of the efficacy of SJW and standard antidepressants for the treatment of MinorD. ..
- Diabetes Management for Low-Income Hispanic PatientsMilagros Rosal; Fiscal Year: 2007..The study products (i.e., detailed intervention manual, tailored educational materials, manual for training of providers) will serve to enhance the translation potential of the intervention. ..
- RANKL and BMPs in Prostate Cancer Induced Bone LesionsJay Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Markers of normoglycemic remission in obese diabeticsGuillermo Umpierrez; Fiscal Year: 2006..Identifying such markers will facilitate and guide future therapeutic interventions and may identify patients at risk to develop chronic complications of diabetes ..
- NABTC Member Intitution Grant (UCSF Project Leader)Susan Chang; Fiscal Year: 2008..The overall goal of this program is to more effectively treat patients with primary brain tumors, especially malignant glioma, with the purpose of increasing the duration and quality of survival. ..
- MOLECULAR DISTRIBUTION OF HUMAN ADRENERGIC RECEPTORSDebra Schwinn; Fiscal Year: 2003..Results from these studies should facilitate therapeutic interventions (e.g. enhanced human tissue targeting for gene therapy) as well as understanding of mechanisms underlying cardiovascular diseases...
- Phase II Clinical Trial Utilizing Lithium for Patients with Neuroendocrine TumorsHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Besides surgery, there are limited curative and palliative treatments available to patients with metastatic NE tumors, emphasizing the need for development of other forms of therapy. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulating Neuroendocrine Phenotype in CancerHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, these finding may permit development of components of raf-1 pathway as therapeutic targets in the treatment and palliation of NE tumors. ..
- Real-time multiphoton microscopy of periprostatic tissue architectureAshutosh K Tewari; Fiscal Year: 2010..The dynamic, high-resolution optical images achieved could empower cancer surgeons to better distinguish tissue morphology during surgery, leading to improved functional outcomes and quality of life for their patients. ..
- Apoptosis in myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasiaRuben Mesa; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Improving Institutional Animal Resources at MUSCMARVIN SWINDLE; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PHARMACOLOGY OF VASCULAR AL-ADRENERGIC RECEPTORSDebra Schwinn; Fiscal Year: 2004..They propose testing these polymorphisms for functional significance in tissue culture and correlating each polymorphism with vascular. ..
- A NEURAL NETWORK APPROACH TO PEDIATRIC TRAUMA TRIAGERANDALL BURD; Fiscal Year: 2004..The classification accuracy of trained networks will be compared with that based on current triage strategies. The long-term goal of this project is to develop and implement a tool for triaging injured children based on neural networks. ..
- Signaling Pathways in Medullary Thyroid CancerHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- DEVELOPING BSL3 ANIMAL FACILITIES AT MUSCMARVIN SWINDLE; Fiscal Year: 2004..The facility will be in full compliance with CDC and NIH regulations for performing this type of research. ..
- IMPROVING INSTITUTIONAL ANIMAL RESOURCESMARVIN SWINDLE; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Functional decline following surgery in older adultsVICTOR LEGNER; Fiscal Year: 2004..Identified modifiable factors will direct future interventions in older adults at highest risk for functional decline following surgery. ..
- HEART RATE RECOVERY AND MORTALITYMichael Lauer; Fiscal Year: 2002..All the data needed for this project are already electronically available; that fact, along with the work already done, lends confidence to the feasibility of this project. ..
- Nanostenting Hydrogels for Sinus SurgeryRICHARD ORLANDI; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of these Phase I studies will determine the feasibility and the optimal chemical properties of a nanostenting HA gel for human trials. ..
- Novel Signaling Targets in GI Neuroendocrine TumorsHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The possibility that raf-l-mediated hormone suppression could be induced by a soluble factor would provide a plausible, therapeutic delivery method. ..
- Neonatal Pain, Adult Biobehavioral Responses to StressGayle Page; Fiscal Year: 2005..Findings from these studies will demonstrate possible negative physiologic and behavioral sequelae of repeated painful experiences during neonatal development as well as suggest potential preventive interventions. ..
- PERIOPERATIVE PAIN, IMMUNE FUNCTION, AND METASTASISGayle Page; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- The Effect of Sedation on Restorative SleepAvery Tung; Fiscal Year: 2005..Knowledge from this proposal will provide scientific insight into the relationships between anesthesia and sleep, and may lead to more effective clinical use of ICU sedatives. ..
- OU Human Research Protection Program, Year 2Gary Raskob; Fiscal Year: 2003..The University of Oklahoma is committed to maintaining these initiatives after the term of this award. ..
- Advancing Clinical Research in Pediatric SurgeryKEVIN LALLY; Fiscal Year: 2006..Lally with his research and mentoring to advance the quality of clinical research in pediatric surgery, develop an expanded international trials network, and improve the outcome of high-risk infants. ..
- OU Developmental Center for Injury Prevention ResearchGary Raskob; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- AMINO ACID TRANSPORT AFTER SMALL BOWEL RESECTIONHARRY SAX; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- T CELL ADHESION MOLECULES IN MURINE LUPUS PNEUMONITISJeffrey Curtis; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our long-term goal is to develop effective therapies to treat established SLE based on anti-adhesive strategies. ..
- B ADRENOCEPTORS DURING CARDIOPULMONARY BYPASSDebra Schwinn; Fiscal Year: 2001..It is anticipated that prevention of myocardial betaAR desensitization during cardiac surgery should lead to enhanced myocardial performance at the time of separation from CPB and use of fewer inotropic drugs. ..
- Persistent Mechanical Hypersensitivity in Rats: Biobehavioral EffectsGayle Page; Fiscal Year: 2009..The relevance of the proposed study to human health is the goal to discern what factors (e.g., sleep disruption, biological responses to stress and anxiety) increase one s risk to develop chronic pain. ..
- Pain Assessment in Cognitively Impaired ChildrenShobha Malviya; Fiscal Year: 2005..A reliable and valid pain assessment tool is critical to facilitate our future study of pain management strategies in these children. ..
- Vein wall remodeling after DVT is matrix metalloproteinase dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2009..This proposal will provide important mechanistic insight into the pathophysiology of post-phelbitic syndrome with real potential translation to decreasing the morbidity from this under-acknowledged disease. ..
- Clinical and Molecular Evaluation of Cancer Therapy Induced MucositisSharon Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2007..Demonstration of safety and tolerability will provide a basis to test further this route of administration. Hence, this proposal holds promise for clinical application in a relatively short period. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Are Volume Standards Accurate Measures of Quality?Laurent Glance; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Thrombus resolution is CXC chemokine dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..