Summary: Surgical formation of an opening in the ureter for external drainage of the urine; cutaneous route utilizes a ureteral orifice emerging through the skin.
Publications204 found, 100 shown here
- Re: End cutaneous ureterostomy for the management of severe hydronephrosis. D. M. Kitchens, W. DeFoor, E. Minevich, P. Reddy, E. Polsky, A. McGregor and C. SheldonJ Urol 2007; 177: 1501-1504M Castagnetti
J Urol 178:1552. 2007
- Modified ureterosigmoidostomy (Mainz Pouch II) in different age groups and with different techniques of ureteric implantationPatrick J Bastian
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Urologie, Universitatsklinikum Bonn, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat Bonn, Germany
BJU Int 94:345-9. 2004..To examine the outcome of Mainz Pouch II urinary diversion in different age groups and with different techniques of ureteric implantation...
- An unusual case of bilateral primitive obstructed megaureters due to ureteral valves presenting with anuria at the age of 1 monthPaul Daher
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Hotel Dieu de France University Hospital Beirut, Lebanon
J Pediatr Surg 42:E17-20. 2007..Bilateral ureteral valves should be included in the differential diagnosis of bladder outlet obstruction, as well as bilateral primitive obstructed megaureters in children. Excision and ureteral reimplantation is curative...
- Cutaneous ureterostomy technique for adults and effects of ureteral stenting: an alternative to the ileal conduitAlejandro R Rodriguez
Department of Urology, University of South Florida Health and Affiliated Hospitals, Tampa, Florida, USA
J Urol 186:1939-43. 2011..We present surgical modifications that improved the outcome of cutaneous ureterostomies...
- Evaluation of hydronephrosis with tubeless cutaneous ureterostomy using Tc-99m MAG3 diuretic renographyChul Jang Kim
Department of Urology, Kohka Public Hospital, Kohka, Japan
Clin Nucl Med 34:666-9. 2009To assess hydronephrosis of tubeless cutaneous ureterostomy using Tc-99m mercaptoacetyltriglycine (MAG3) diuretic renogram.
- Simple technique for improving tubeless cutaneous ureterostomyChul Jang Kim
Department of Urology, Shiga University of Medical Science, Otsu, Shiga, Japan
Urology 65:1221-5. 2005Cutaneous ureterostomy is the simplest and safest method of all permanent urinary diversions. However, the procedure does carry a risk of stomal stenosis. We describe a simple technique for improving tubeless cutaneous ureterostomy.
- Health-related quality of life after radical cystectomy for bladder cancer in elderly patients with an ileal conduit, ureterocutaneostomy, or orthotopic urinary reservoir: a comparative questionnaire surveyTakashi Saika
Department of Urology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Acta Med Okayama 61:199-203. 2007..Patient demands and expectations may be so different from the results that the details of each urinary diversion method should be explained thoroughly. OUR construction could be a candidate even for elderly patients...
- Tubeless cutaneous ureterostomy: the Toyoda method revisitedK Yoshimura
Department of Urology, Kurashiki Central Hospital, Kurashiki, Okayama, Japan
J Urol 165:785-8. 2001PURPOSE: Cutaneous ureterostomy is a less invasive method of urinary diversion and an attractive option especially in patients at high risk. We retrospectively examined the long-term outcome of the method introduced by Toyoda...
- Case report: laparoscopic ureteropyelostomy and distal ureterectomy for management of duplication with ectopiaGermar M Pinggera
Department of Urology, Medical University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
J Endourol 21:614-7. 2007..To evaluate the role of laparoscopic ureteropyelostomy and subtotal ureterectomy for management of an ectopic ureter to the prostatic urethra...
- End cutaneous ureterostomy for the management of severe hydronephrosisDavid M Kitchens
Division of Pediatric Urology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Urol 177:1501-4. 2007..We present our experience and outcomes with end cutaneous ureterostomy as a temporizing adjunct to future ureteral reimplantation.
- Transurethral incision of ureteroneocystostomy strictures in kidney transplant recipientsR Katz
Department of Urology, Hadassah and Hebrew University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
BJU Int 92:769-71. 2003..To report the treatment of patients who presented with vesico-ureteric stricture after kidney transplantation, using a minimally invasive endourological approach...
- [Treatment for urologic polyneoplasia]O V Leonov
Vopr Onkol 54:220-4. 2008..Urine diversion is best assured via ureterosigmorectoanastomosis which is optimal as far as social rehabilitation of the patient is concerned...
- Surgical atlas transureteroureterostomyJohn M Barry
The Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
BJU Int 96:195-201. 2005
- Result of endoscopic ureteroureterostomy with holmium:YAG laser for complete ureteral obstructionJeong Hee Hong
Department of Urology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
J Endourol 19:979-83. 2005..Here, we describe our experiences with a holmium:YAG laser in the endoscopic management of complete ureteral obstruction...
- Bilateral dismembered laparoscopic pediatric pyeloplasty via a transperitoneal 4-port approachC William Schwab
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
J Urol 174:1091-3. 2005..We report our technique with a transperitoneal 4-port approach and positioning method, allowing bilateral laparoscopic dismembered pyeloplasty with 1 uninterrupted sterile field...
- [Urinary diversion: surgical techniques]Marc Zerbib
Prog Urol 12:857-90. 2002
- End-to-end ureteral anastomosis: a simple alternative to cutaneous ureterostomy in selected patientsPaolo Panella
Urology Unit, Cannizzaro Hospital, Catania, Italy
Int Urol Nephrol 37:243-5. 2005End-to-end of terminal ureteral segments seems to be a good alternative to terminal cutaneous ureterostomy in very selected cases (patients with short life-expectancy or when it is impossible to utilize the bowel for urinary diversion).
- Donor to native ureteroureterostomy in a patient with pre-existing ileal conduit during renal transplantationMichael A Palese
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore 21201, USA
Urology 61:643. 2003
- Ureteral papilla implantation as a technique for neoureterocystostomy in catsRobert J Hardie
University of Wisconsin, School of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Surgical Sciences, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Vet Surg 34:393-8. 2005..To evaluate ureteral papilla implantation for neoureterocystostomy in cats...
- Ureteric complications of renal transplantation: the impact of the double J stent and the anterior extravesical ureteroneocystostomyS Guleria
St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Transplant Proc 37:1054-6. 2005..8%. Furthermore, we were able to use percutaneous radiological techniques to salvage the majority (84.7%) of ureteric complications. Recourse to surgery was required rarely but enabled salvage of all treatment failures...
- Calycoureterostomy: a novel technique for post-renal transplant strictureG Thevendran
Department of Renal Transplant Surgery, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Surgeon 2:176-8. 2004..This technique is recommended as a feasible alternative when secondary reconstruction by native pyeloureterostomy is not possible...
- Bilateral localized amyloidosis of the ureters: clinicopathology and therapeutic approaches in two casesTomohisa Fushimi
Third Department of Medicine, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto 390 8621, Japan
Amyloid 11:260-4. 2004..In both cases, all examinations for systemic involvement of organs were negative. Corticosteroids may be of use in treating immunoglobulin-derived localized amyloidosis in the ureters...
- Modified technique of ureteroureterostomy in rat kidney transplantationAlexander Pietsch
Division of Organ Transplantation, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI 53792 3236, USA
Microsurgery 24:345-9. 2004....
- [Selective arterial embolization in the treatment of intractable hematuria]Enrique Argüelles Salido
Servicio de Urologia, Unidad de Uro Oncología, Hospitales Universitarios Virgen del Rocio, Sevilla, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 58:453-7. 2005..Non tractable hematuria has a varied etiology. It may be a complication difficult to treat. We report the case treated in our hospital by selective arterial embolization...
- Ureteral mast cell tumor in a dogMichele Steffey
Departments of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 40:82-5. 2004..There was no evidence of recurrence or dissemination of the ureteral MCT. Extracutaneous MCTs are rare in dogs, and primary MCT associated with the urinary tract has not previously been reported in the veterinary literature...
- Ureteral injury due to penetrating traumaBrett S Carver
Department of Urology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA, USA
South Med J 97:462-4. 2004..We sought to evaluate the diagnosis and management of penetrating ureteral injuries at our trauma center...
- [Special nursing in urinary diversions: knowing the complications and preventing them]Birgit Graf
Anästhesie und Intensivpflege, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Munchen
Pflege Z 58:84-7. 2005
- Laparoscopic ureterocalicostomy: development of a technique simplified by application of Nitinol clips and a wet monopolar electrosurgery deviceRichard Vanlangendonck
Division of Urologic Surgery, Washington University St Louis, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Endourol 19:225-9. 2005..We developed a technique for laparoscopic ureterocalicostomy with the use of intracorporeal suturing and subsequently simplified the technique by application of experimental Nitinol clips...
- Standard reconstruction techniques: techniques of ureteroneocystostomy during urinary diversionMurugesan Manoharan
Department of Urology, University of Miami School of Medicine, FL 33101, USA
Surg Oncol Clin N Am 14:367-79. 2005
- The efficacy of transureteroureterostomy for ureteral reconstruction during surgery for a non-urologic pelvic malignancyJae Young Joung
Urologic Oncology Clinic, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Gyonggi, Korea
J Surg Oncol 98:49-53. 2008..Of the many surgical options available for ureteral reconstruction during surgery for non-urologic pelvic malignancies, the efficacy of transureteroureterostomy (TUU) was investigated...
- [Distal stenosis of the ureter due to extrinsic endometriosis in a postmenopausal woman]M Beuke
Urologisches Zentrum Hamburg, Allgemeines Krankenhaus Hamburg Harburg
Aktuelle Urol 37:143-4. 2006..Endometriosis in postmenopausal women is rare, especially in the urinary tract. Only a few cases have been described...
- Holmium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser endoureterotomy for the treatment of transplant kidney ureteral stricturesYehoshua Gdor
Department of Urology, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0330, USA
Transplantation 85:1318-21. 2008..Holmium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet (Ho:YAG) laser endoureterotomy is useful for other types of ureteral obstruction, and we aimed to assess its long-term success for strictures of transplant kidney ureters...
- Assessment of optimal balloon size for rupture of the ureteropelvic junction and mid-ureter in a porcine modelW C Collyer
Department of Surgery (Urology, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Endourol 15:937-42. 2001..However, it must be noted that dysplastic or scarred tissue may respond differently to dilation than the more elastic normal porcine tissues used in this study...
- Ureteric obstruction due to prostatic implantation in the sigmoid colon: a unique late complication of ureterosigmoidostomyG T Martland
Histopathology 50:800-2. 2007
- Diagnosis and management of ureteric injury: an evidence-based analysisSteven Brandes
Department of Surgery Urology, School of Medicine, Washington University Medical Center, 4960 Children s Place, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
BJU Int 94:277-89. 2004
- Ipsilateral ureteroureterostomy for the treatment of vesicoureteral reflux or obstruction associated with complete ureteral duplicationD B Lashley
Division of Urology, University of California, San Diego and Children's Hospital and Health Center, San Diego, California, USA
J Urol 165:552-4. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Ipsilateral ureteroureterostomy is safe and efficacious for treating abnormalities associated with ureteral duplication. A significant discrepancy in ureteral size does not preclude ureteroureterostomy...
- Oncological and functional outcome of radical cystectomy in patients with bladder cancer and obstructive uropathyNarmada P Gupta
Department of Urology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
J Urol 178:1206-11; discussion 1211. 2007..We present our experience with the perioperative, functional and oncological outcomes of radical cystectomy in patients with bladder cancer and obstructive uremia...
- Modified ureterosigmoidostomy (Mainz Pouch II): a nonrefluxing stented vs unstented laparoscopic porcine modelMitchell R Humphreys
Methodist Urology and Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
BJU Int 101:238-44. 2008..To describe a rapid and reproducible pure laparoscopic cystectomy and nonrefluxing modified continent urinary diversion (Mainz Pouch II), and to determine whether ureteric stenting decreases ureteric obstruction after surgery...
- Ipsilateral ureteroureterostomy in the surgical management of the severely dilated ureter in ureteral duplicationJob K Chacko
Department of Pediatric Urology, Children s Hospital, University of Colorado Health Science Center, Denver, Colorado 80218, USA
J Urol 178:1689-92. 2007..We evaluated our institutional experience with ureteroureterostomy in duplication anomalies to assess the feasibility and success of this procedure...
- Role of acellular collagen matrix surgisis in the endoscopic management of ureteropelvic junction obstructionPaulos Yohannes
Department of Urology, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, New York 11040, USA
J Endourol 16:549-56. 2002..To investigate the role of acellular collagen matrix (Surgisis during endopyelotomy...
- Transureteroureterostomy obstruction mimicking acute tubular necrosisFabio P Esteves
Department of Radiology, Emory University, Emory University Hospital, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Clin Nucl Med 27:109-12. 2002..In patients with a transureteroureterostomy, symmetric renal dysfunction, and no bladder activity, a delayed image of the urinary tract should be obtained to distinguish obstruction from acute tubular necrosis...
- Surgical management of a ureteral defect with ureterorrhaphy and of ureteritis with ureteroneocystostomy in a foalSophie Morisset
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 1248, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 220:354-8, 323. 2002..The drop-in technique for ureteroneocystostomy may be used successfully for ureteral transposition in horses. Ureterorrhaphy combined with the use of a ureteral stent may be used to repair ureteral defects in foals...
- Laparoscopic ureterocutaneostomy for urinary diversion in selected infantsM Metzelder
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Eur J Pediatr Surg 18:86-8. 2008..However, a small number of children are not suitable for primary surgical correction and require temporary diversion. We present a small series of infants who underwent minimally invasive ureterocutaneostomy...
- Modified extravesical ureteroneocystostomy for completely duplicated ureters in renal transplantationJunji Uchida
Department of Urology, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Urol Int 77:104-6. 2006..However, there are very few reports on transplantation using kidneys with double ureters, and the technique of ureterocystoneostomy for completely duplicated ureters has not yet been established...
- [Reconstructive procedures in laparoscopic urology]G Janetschek
Abteilung für Urologie, Krankenhaus der Elisabethinen, Fadingerstrasse 1, A 4010, Linz, Osterreich
Urologe A 45:1127-28, 1130-32, 1134. 2006..The long-term success rate is 92% which is excellent for this indication. Urinary diversion following cystectomy is usually not performed completely intracorporeally, but laparoscopically assisted...
- Laparoscopic pyeloureterostomy in ureteral duplication with lower polar ureteropelvic junction obstruction: easy and effectiveSantosh Kumar
Department of Urology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 17:785-8. 2007..In this paper, we present the case of a 26-year-old male who was treated with laparoscopic ureteropyelostomy for a symptomatic lower moiety UPJ obstruction...
- Failure of laparoscopy to relieve ureteral obstruction secondary to endometriosisHsing Yu Chen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol 45:142-5. 2006..To present a case of hydronephrosis and hydroureter secondary to pelvic endometriosis and to discuss the pitfalls in laparoscopic management...
- Reimplanted ureter as an alternative to the catheterizable Mitrofanoff tubeY Ozgok
Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Department of Urology, Ankara, Turkey
Eur Surg Res 34:266-70. 2002..We performed this study in dogs to investigate whether a ureter can be used as an alternative to the appendix without disrupting the uniformity of the gastrointestinal system...
- [Ureteral endometriosis: urological features]Ezio Frego
Divisione Clinicizzata di Urologia, Universita degli Studi di Brescia
Arch Ital Urol Androl 74:3-5. 2002..Hormonal therapy or hysteroadnexiectomy, when feasible, are necessary to reduce the risks of relapses. In our opinion, ureteral resection associated with ureteroneocystostomy gives the best chances to cure severe ureteral endometriosis...
- Technical modifications to laparoscopic Boari flapMatthew N Simmons
Glickman Urological Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Urology 69:175-80. 2007..To describe technical modifications to the laparoscopic Boari flap ureteroneocystostomy procedure...
- [Forms of urinary diversion--methods and imaging findings]S Obenauer
Abteilung für diagnostische Radiologie, Georg August Universitat Gottingen
Rofo 179:1025-34. 2007..CT urography and MR urography are becoming increasingly important as further imaging tools for controlling urinary diversions...
- Future developments and perspectives in laparoscopyG Breda
Department of Urology, Ospedale Nuovo, Via dei Lotti 40, I 36061 Bassano, Italy
Eur Urol 40:84-91. 2001..Issues that are addressed in this article include: (1) What are the new limits? (2) Technological advances. (3) Adequate training. (4) How to technically simplify the laparoscopic procedures?..
- [Renal transplantation in children with lower urinary tract dysfunction]Christine Grapin-Dagorno
Chirurgie viscérale pédiatrique, Hôpital Armand Trousseau 26, rue du Dr Arnold Netter, 75012 Paris
Bull Acad Natl Med 191:569-81; discussion 581-3. 2007..had augmented bladder, 2 had incontinent urinary conduit, and 1 was transplanted on a pre-existing cutaneous ureterostomy. In nine cases, transplantation was performed on the native bladder, with no preparation...
- Ostomy appliance prices in EuropeSteven Simoens
Research Centre for Pharmaceutical Care and Pharmaco economics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Onderwijs en Navorsing 2, PO Box 521, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Med Econ 12:17-24. 2009This article aims to compare market prices (i.e., third-party reimbursement and patient co-payment) of one-piece and two-piece colostomy, ileostomy and ureterostomy appliances in Belgium, Denmark, England and the Netherlands in 2005.
- Pitfalls in the management of newborn cloacasMarc A Levitt
North Shore Long Island Jewish Medical Center, Schneider Children s Hospital, 269 01, 76th Avenue, New Hyde Park, NY 11040, USA
Pediatr Surg Int 21:264-9. 2005..They underwent unnecessary urinary drainage procedures (nephrostomy, ureterostomy, cystostomy, or vesicostomy) in the newborn period...
- Laparoscopic radical cystoprostatectomy: a technique illustrated step by stepAlchiede Simonato
Department of Surgery, Division of Urology, Luigi Sacco Hospital, 20157 Milan, Italy
Eur Urol 44:132-8. 2003..We describe a technique of laparoscopic radical cystoprostatectomy that we have developed in 10 patients after practicing in laparoscopic radical prostatectomy...
- [Laparoscopic radical cystectomy in clinically localized (T2) bladder tumors]Lluis Cecchini Rosell
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Universitario Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 61:511-6. 2008..This technique makes possible a minimally invasive approach to muscle-invasive bladder cancer with less blood loss and faster postoperative recovery...
- Radiological management of patients with urinary obstruction following urinary diversion procedures: technical factors, complications, long-term management and outcome. Experience with 378 proceduresM M Maher
Department of Radiology, University College Cork, Cork University Hospital, Cork, Ireland
J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol 52:237-43. 2008..UD included ileal conduits (n = 17), cutaneous ureterostomy (n = 3 (2 patients)) and sigmoid colon urinary conduit (n = 6)...
- [Alfredo Tramoyeres Cases (1910-2002): first chairman of the Department of Urology at the Ciudad Sanitaria La Fe. Documentary-historical analysis of his works]José Antonio Cánovas Ivorra
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital General Universitario, Valencia
Arch Esp Urol 57:1063-71. 2004..Alfredo Tramoyeres Cases was the first chairman of the Department of Urology. This article reviews his long and fertile professional life...
- An antenatally diagnosed rhabdomyosarcoma of the bladder treated without extensive surgeryShadi Abdar Esfahani
Pediatric Urology Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Nat Rev Urol 6:449-53. 2009..At birth, the patient had high respiratory rate, a palpable bladder up to the umbilicus and a large pelvic mass, which compressed the anorectal wall...
- Urinary diversion in infants with primary high-grade vesicoureteric reflux, urinary sepsis and renal function impairmentG Mattioli
Division of Pediatric Surgery, G Gaslini Children s Hospital, Villa Scassi Hospital, Genoa, Italy
Urol Int 71:275-9. 2003..General consensus on the optimal treatment of septic infants with primary high-grade vesicoureteric reflux (VUR) and renal function impairment has not been reached. Our study aims at evaluating the role of temporary urinary diversion...
- [The treatment of vesicoureteral reflux in children with myelomeningocele]Ricardo Gonzalez
Urología Pediátrica, Al DuPont Hospital for Children, Thomas Jefferson University, Wilmington, Delaware 19899, USA
Arch Esp Urol 61:208-12. 2008..To perform a bibliographic review on the topic of vesicoureteral reflux (VUR) in children with myelomeningocele...
- Ureteral endometriosis: a complication of rectovaginal endometriotic (adenomyotic) nodulesJacques Donnez
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Service de Gynecologie, Brussels, Belgium
Fertil Steril 77:32-7. 2002..To present data from 18 cases of ureteral endometriosis...
- Cutaneous calicostomy for salvage urinary diversionStephen J Canon
Children s Urology, 1301 Barbara Jordan Blvd, Suite 302, Austin, TX 78723, USA
J Pediatr Urol 4:239-42. 2008..We describe a salvage technique for urinary diversion in the face of an obstructed, undilated upper urinary tract utilized in the management of a premature newborn infant with bilateral renal candidiasis, namely cutaneous calicostomy...
- Imaging guided interventional procedures in paediatric uroradiology--a case based overviewM Riccabona
Department of Radiology, Division of Paediatric Radiology, LKH Graz, University Hospital, Auenbruggenplatz, A 8036, Graz, Austria
Eur J Radiol 43:167-79. 2002..To describe the potential and application of interventional image guided procedures in the paediatric urinary tract...
- Meningomylocele: An updateR Kapoor
Department of Urology, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Science, Lucknow 226 014, UP, India
Indian J Urol 23:181-6. 2007..nonfunctioning kidney, in patients with functioning kidney it carries added risks associated with transuretero-ureterostomy, mainly obstruction...
- Ureteral stenosis after kidney transplantation. A study on 869 consecutive transplantsA Faenza
Second Surgical Clinic, University of Bologna, Ospedale S Orsola Malpighi, Via Massarenti 9, I 40138 Bologna, Italy
Transpl Int 12:334-40. 1999..When it failed or in case of recurrence, surgical correction was performed utilizing the native ipsilateral or contralateral ureter for a uretero-ureterostomy.
- [Emphysematous cystitis complicating non-conservative total hysterectomy for ovarian cancer]Emmanuel Van Glabeke
Service de chirurgie viscérale et urologique, CHI André Grégoire, Montreuil, France
Prog Urol 14:221-3. 2004..Mikulicz drainage associated with urinary diversion (transparietal bladder catheter on one side and cutaneous ureterostomy on the other side), the patient died on day 10 in a context of sepsis...
- The role of laparoscopic surgery for urinary tract reconstruction in infants weighing less than 10 kg: a comparison with open surgeryAmos Neheman
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, A I duPont Hospital for Children, 1600 Rockland Road, Wilmington, DE, USA
J Pediatr Urol 4:192-6. 2008..To compare the outcome of laparoscopic urinary tract reconstruction (LUTR) in children weighing 10 kg or less with a weight-matched cohort undergoing open urinary tract reconstruction surgery (OUTR)...
- [Squamous cell carcinoma of the bladder. Review of our case series]Raquel González Resina
Servicio de Urologia, Hospitales Universitarios Virgen del Rocio, Sevilla, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 59:785-90. 2006..6-6.7% of all bladder neoplasias. It is more common to find foci of squamous differentiation associated with a transitional cell carcinoma...
- Posterior urethral valves: prognostic factorsP Lopez Pereira
Department of Paediatric Urology, University Hospital La Paz, Madrid, Spain
BJU Int 91:687-90. 2003..To determine which variables besides bladder dysfunction can help to predict the outcome of renal function in boys with posterior urethral valves (PUV)...
- Validation of initial serum creatinine as a predictive factor for development of end stage renal disease in posterior urethral valvesAzar Nickavar
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Iran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Indian J Pediatr 75:695-7. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine the value of initial serum creatinine in prediction of End-stage renal disease (ESRD) in children with posterior urethral valves PUV...
- [Laparoscopic radical cystectomy: initial experience]C Núñez Mora
Centro Oncológico MD Anderson Internacional España, Madrid
Actas Urol Esp 31:845-9. 2007..To review our initial experience with laparoscopic radical cystectomy...
- [Acute peritonitis after radical cystectomy. Experience at our hospital and bibliographic review]Joaquin Navarro Gil
Servicio de Urologia, Servicio de Cirugia General, Hospital Clinico Universitario Lozano Blesa, Zaragoza, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 60:783-91. 2007..Taking into account the high morbimortality of the process, we believe that is convenient knowing main features of acute peritonitis in postoperatory in our surgical area...
- Initial and long-term management of posterior urethral valvesP Lopez Pereira
University Hospital La Paz Unidad de Urologia Infantil, Paseo de la Castellana 261, 28046 Madrid, Spain
World J Urol 22:418-24. 2004..valve ablation is the initial treatment in most of these neonates, but others procedures, like vesicostomy or ureterostomy, can also be justified in some particular cases in order to improve renal function prognosis...
- The neurogenic bladder and incontinent urinary diversionO Lenaine Westney
Department of Urology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit 1373, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Urol Clin North Am 37:581-92. 2010..Cutaneous ureterostomy, vesicostomy, ileal conduit, and ileovesicostomy have all been used for this purpose...
- Options in the management of tuberculous ureteric strictureApul Goel
Department of Urology, CSM Medical University, Lucknow, UP, India
Indian J Urol 24:376-81. 2008..which usually means ureteroureterostomy or ureteropyelostomy for upper ureteric strictures, intubated ureterostomy, or transureteroureterostomy for midureteric strictures, psoas hitch/Boari flap for lower ureteric strictures ..
- Urinary diversion after cystectomy: An Indian perspectiveDeepak Jain
Department of Urology, Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, Sector V, Delhi 110 085, India
Indian J Urol 24:99-103. 2008..In the last 150 years urinary diversion has evolved from cutaneous ureterostomy to the orthotopic neobladder. Especially during the last 20 years, much advancement has been made...
- [Surgical treatment of ureteral stenosis after kidney transplantation]E Rolland
Service d Urologie et de Transplantation Renale et Pancreatique, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, 47 83, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Ann Urol (Paris) 41:254-9. 2007..The surgical gold standard is the pyelo-ureterostomy. This is a safe and efficient technique in the treatment of this complication...
- Poorly differentiated sarcoma of the prostate causing obstructive acute renal failure: a case reportH Mukouyama
Department of Urology, School of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, Okinawa, Japan
Int J Urol 6:615-9. 1999..Emergency hemodialysis and right ureterostomy were performed, as was a transurethral prostate biopsy...
- [Small cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder detected by urinary cytology : a case report]Satoshi Takada
The Department of Urology, Tane General Hospital, Japan
Hinyokika Kiyo 56:173-5. 2010..He underwent cystoprostatectomy with bilateral cutaneous ureterostomy. He did not receive adjuvant chemotherapy because of the poor postoperative systemic condition and he died of ..
- Skin flap technique for the reconstruction of a deep ureteral stomal obstructionYoshiharu Hiratsuka
Department of Urology, Chikushi Hospital, Fukuoka University, Chikushino, Japan
Int J Urol 15:649-50. 2008Cutaneous ureterostomy is a minimally invasive urinary diversion procedure but postoperative stomal stenosis is a major problem...
- Pelvi-ureteric junction obstruction in duplex kidneysMaya Horst
Urology, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, NSW, Australia
BJU Int 101:1580-4. 2008..To report our experience of 11 children with pelvi-ureteric junction obstruction (PUJO) in a duplex kidney and to review previous reports...
- Supra-vesical urinary diversion and ureteric re-implantation for malignant diseaseC R J Woodhouse
Royal Marsden Hospital, London, UK
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 22:727-32. 2010..The options available include cutaneous diversion either by ureterostomy or conduit and reconstruction either by re-implanting a ureter into the bladder or transuretero-ureterostomy...
- Upper pole multicystic dysplasia and ureteropelvic junction obstruction associated with obstructive-refluxing megaureter in a neonate with a single kidneyEndre Z Neulander
Department of Urology, Division of Surgery, Soroka University Medical Center, Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva, Israel
Can J Urol 17:5472-4. 2010..First, we performed an upper pole partial nephrectomy and pyeloplasty with a modified Y ureterostomy. Second, when the child was older, we performed ureterovesical reimplantation with ureteral tailoring...
- [Spontaneous rupture of the urinary bladder in a woman with radiation cystitis: a case report]Y Kurizaki
Department of Urology, Kofu Municipal Hospital
Hinyokika Kiyo 43:513-5. 1997..Because a primary suturing of the bladder wall was unsuccessful, bilateral cutaneous ureterostomy was performed...
- Laparoscopic management of ureteral endometriosisMarco Scioscia
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sacro Cuore Don Calabria General Hospital, Via Don A Sempreboni, 5, Negrar 37024, Verona, Italy
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 21:325-8. 2009..Laparoscopic management of these lesions is considered the treatment of choice...
- [Partial ureterectomy in a case of intrinsic-type ureteral endometriosis]Koji Mitsuzuka
Department of Urology, Iwaki Kyoritsu General Hospital
Hinyokika Kiyo 48:297-300. 2002..It was difficult to exclude a malignant tumor, and we performed left partial ureterectomy and uretero-ureterostomy. The pathological examination showed endometrial tissue in the submucosal and muscle layer, and we diagnosed it ..
- Laparoscopic radical cystectomy with ileal neobladder and rectum pouch: the initial experience of 28 cases in ChinaGuo wei Xia
Department of Urology, Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200040, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 120:132-5. 2007..We presented the technique and outcomes of laparoscopic radical cystectomy performed in 28 patients with bladder cancer to evaluate its clinical efficacy and feasibility...
- Primary malignant melanoma of the female urethraTsuyoshi Yoshizawa
Department of Urology, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Urology 70:1222.e13-6. 2007..We selected radical extirpation, including cystectomy, ureterostomy, and bilateral inguinal and pelvic lymph node dissection...
- Successful damage control of complex vascular and urological gunshot injuriesChad G Ball
Department of Surgery, Foothills Medical Centre, Calgary, Alta
Can J Surg 49:437-8. 2006
- Technique of kidney transplantation in mice with anti-reflux urinary reconstructionPaulo N Martins
Department of Surgery, Division of Transplant Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Int Braz J Urol 32:713-8; discussion 719-20. 2006..Although technically demanding, this procedure is feasible and may reduce the incidence of urine leakage and reflux...
- Laparoendoscopic single-site radical cystectomy and urinary diversion: initial experience in China using a homemade single-port deviceLu lin Ma
Department of Urology, Peking University Third Hospital, 49 North Garden Road, Haidian, Beijing, China
J Endourol 26:355-9. 2012..We report our initial experience with the first series of laparoendoscopic single-site (LESS) radical cystectomy and urinary diversion performed by a single surgeon using a homemade single-port device at a single institution in China...
- New technique for allograft ureteroneocystomy for better transvesical endoscopic handling of allograft urological complicationsAfshar Zomorrodi
Department of Urology, Transplant Service, Imam Hospital, Tabriz Medical University, Tabriz, Iran
Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 18:365-9. 2007..Advantages of the new technique included the need for a shorter ureter, the normally appearing orifice of the allograft ureter in the bladder, and the unproblematic retrograde vesical approach for the posterolateral ureter...
- Urinary levels of nuclear matrix protein 22 in patients with urinary diversionT Ishii
Department of Urology, Chikushi-Hospital, Fukuoka University, Chikushino, Japan
Urology 58:940-2. 2001..The patients were divided into three groups: tubeless cutaneous ureterostomy (n = 12), ileal conduit (n = 15), and continent urinary reservoir (n = 11)...
- [Multicentre observational study on peristomal skin disorders. A proposal classification]G Bosio
Presidio Ospedaliero, San Luigi Curro, Catania
G Chir 27:251-4. 2006..The aim of this classification is to provide an objective, standardized tool for the assessment of peristomal skin complication specifically designed on the description and localization of the lesion...
- Single trocar retroperitoneoscopic assisted ipsilateral ureteroureterostomy for ureteral duplicationN T Liem
Surgical Department, National Hospital of Pediatrics, 18 879 La Thanh road, Dong Da District, Hanoi, Vietnam
Pediatr Surg Int 28:1031-4. 2012..The diameter of involved ureters and pelvises was significantly reduced in all patients. Single trocar retroperitoneoscopic assisted ureteroureterostomy is safe and effective procedure for ureteral duplication...
- Outcomes of distal ureteral reconstruction through reimplantation with psoas hitch, Boari flap, or ureteroneocystostomy for benign or malignant ureteral obstruction or injurySven Wenske
Department of Urology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY, USA
Urology 82:231-6. 2013..To assess functional outcomes and complications of ureteroneocystotomies (UNCs) with or without psoas hitch or Boari flap in the reconstruction and repair of the ureter...
- Ectopic vas deferens opening into the ureterF Matsumoto
Division of Urology, Osaka Medical Center and Research Institute for Maternal and Child Health, Izumi, Japan
Int J Urol 6:275-6; discussion 277-8. 1999..A pediatric case of ectopic vas deferens opening into the ipsilateral ureter is reported...
- Efficacy of continuous epidural analgesia versus single dose caudal analgesia in children after intravesical ureteroneocystostomyPaul A Merguerian
Department of Pediatric Urology, Children s Hospital Central California, Madera, California 93638 8762, USA
J Urol 172:1621-5; discussion 1625. 2004..We compared the effects of single dose caudal injection and continuous epidural infusion of bupivacaine on postoperative pain intensity and supplemental opioid analgesic requirements in children undergoing intravesical ureteroneocystostomy...
- An introduction to stomas: reasons for their formationPenny Taylor
Stoma Care Service, South Birmingham Primary Care Trust, Springfield s Centre, Birmingham
Nurs Times 101:63-4. 2005..The word 'stoma' comes from the Greek word meaning 'mouth' or 'opening'. Three types of stoma are discussed in this article: colostomy, ileostomy and ileal conduit. All are involved in the elimination of either faeces or urine...
- ROLE OF STRETCH-INDUCED COX-2 IN BLADDER CONTRACTILITYJohn Park; Fiscal Year: 2003..Therefore, characterizing the biological role of PG synthetic pathways via COX-2 gene activation in bladder should lead to novel insights in the overall management of painful bladder syndromes. ..