Summary: Surgical reshaping of the gingivae and papillae for correction of deformities (particularly enlargements) and to provide the gingivae with a normal and functional form, the incision creating an external bevel. (Dorland, 28th ed)
Publications194 found, 100 shown here
- Periodontal plastic surgical indications in the restorative practiceRobert A Faiella
Massachusetts Dental Society, USA
J Mass Dent Soc 53:26-8. 2005..The ability to counsel in an informed way-outside the restorative arena-allows dentists to demonstrate their true commitment to the best outcome for the person they are dedicated to serve, the patient...
- Orthodontic characteristics of maxillary arch deficiency in 5-year-old patients undergoing unilateral cleft lip and palate repair with and without early gingivoplastyAnna Wojtaszek-Slominska
Department of Orthodontics Head Dr A Wojtaszek Slominska, Medical University of Gdansk, Poland
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 38:155-9. 2010..maxillary arch morphology in 5-year-old children treated for unilateral cleft lip and palate (UCLP) with early gingivoplasty (EGP) and without this procedure (non-EGP)...
- The use of periodontal plastic surgery procedures in aiding esthetic restorative resultsRobert A Levine
Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Compend Contin Educ Dent 24:729-34, 736, 738 passim; quiz 741. 2003..Working closely with an esthetic-driven periodontal office using evidence-based procedures can set the stage for a truly esthetic restoration...
- Hard and soft tissue augmentation in implant therapy using acellular dermal matrixTerrence J Griffin
Department of Periodontology, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 24:352-61. 2004..It also enhanced patient comfort and satisfaction with the procedure. All three cases demonstrated excellent functional and esthetic results for both the patients and professionals involved in the therapy...
- Coverage of localized gingival recessions: comparison of micro- and macrosurgical techniquesRino Burkhardt
School of Dental Medicine, University of Berne, Berne, Switzerland
J Clin Periodontol 32:287-93. 2005..The surgical coverage is mainly indicated for aesthetic reasons and may be accomplished with pedicled flaps in conjunction with or without the use of connective tissue grafts...
- Connective tissue-bone onlay graft with enamel matrix derivative for treatment of gingival recession: a case reportTakeshi Nozawa
Association of Niigata Regenerative and Reconstructive Dentistry, Japan
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 22:559-65. 2002..This technique is useful for esthetic restoration placement with an intracrevicular margin on teeth with a thin, receding gingiva...
- Coronally advanced flap: the post-surgical position of the gingival margin is an important factor for achieving complete root coverageGiovan Paolo Pini Prato
Department of Periodontology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
J Periodontol 76:713-22. 2005....
- The roke of periodontal plastic surgery in esthetic dentistryEdward P Allen
Tex Dent J 119:1008-15. 2002
- Management of inter-dental/inter-implant papillaLaura Zetu
Department of Peridontics, University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1078, USA
J Clin Periodontol 32:831-9. 2005....
- The connective tissue graft: a comparative clinical evaluation of wound healing at the palatal donor site. A preliminary studyMassimo Del Pizzo
Department of Periodontology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
J Clin Periodontol 29:848-54. 2002....
- Acellular dermal matrix for mucogingival surgery: a meta-analysisRicardo Gapski
Department of Periodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Missouri, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
J Periodontol 76:1814-22. 2005..The purpose of this meta-analysis was to compare the efficacy of ADM-based root coverage (RC) and ADM-based increase in keratinized tissues to other commonly used mucogingival surgeries...
- Comparative study of two root coverage procedures: a 24-month follow-up multicenter studyOfer Moses
Department of Periodontology, The Maurice and Gabriela Goldschleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Periodontol 77:195-202. 2006....
- A promising periodontal procedure for the treatment of adjacent gingival recession defectsTolga Fikret Tözüm
Department of Periodontology, Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University, Sihhiye Ankara, Turkey
J Can Dent Assoc 69:155-9. 2003..These benefits underline the appropriateness of this technique, which improves the success rate of connective tissue grafting and increases the amount of root coverage...
- The functional and aesthetic indications for soft-tissue (gingival) graftingLaura Minsk
University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, USA
Dent Today 23:102-5; quiz 105. 2004
- A gingival cul-de-sac following a root coverage procedure with a subepithelial connective tissue submerged graftPein Chi Wei
Department of Periodontics, Division of Dentistry, Lin Kou Medical Center, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
J Periodontol 74:1376-80. 2003..However, even with a successful result, complications may occasionally occur...
- Evaluation of human recession defects treated with coronally advanced flaps and either enamel matrix derivative or connective tissue. Part 2: Histological evaluationMichael K McGuire
Department of Periodontics, University of Texas, Dental Branch Houston and Health Science Center at San Antonio, TX, USA
J Periodontol 74:1126-35. 2003..This paper presents a human case report detailing the histological nature of the attachment of these two treatments to the root surfaces previously exposed by recession...
- Complications with surgical procedures utilizing connective tissue grafts: a follow-up of 500 consecutively treated casesRandall J Harris
Department of Periodontology, University of Nebraska School of Dentistry, Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 25:449-59. 2005..Based on the results of this study, the incidence and severity of complications seemed to be clinically acceptable...
- Bilaminar techniques for the treatment of recession-type defects. A comparative clinical studyG Zucchelli
Department of Periodontology, Bologna University, Bologna, Italy
J Clin Periodontol 30:862-70. 2003..The aim of the present split-mouth study was to compare the treatment outcome of two surgical approaches of the bilaminar procedure in terms of (i) root coverage and (ii) aesthetic appearance of the surgically treated sites...
- Prerestorative periodontal plastic surgery. Creating the gingival framework for the ideal smileCheryl Townsend
Dent Today 23:130-3. 2004
- Evidence-based mucogingival therapy. Part 2: Ordinary and individual patient data meta-analyses of surgical treatment of recession using complete root coverage as the outcome variableCarlo Clauser
Accademia Toscana Ricerca Odontostomatologica ATRO, Florence, Italy
J Periodontol 74:741-56. 2003..The aim of this study was to illustrate the differences between meta-analyses applied to summarized and individual patient data (IPD) and to present suggestions for reducing the costs of IPD meta-analysis...
- Double-fold connective tissue pedicle graft: a novel approach for ridge augmentationDiego Orlando Gasparini
Department of Periodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, National University of the North East, Corrientes, Argentina
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 24:280-7. 2004..The present clinical report describes a novel surgical procedure to treat these deformities...
- Achieving gingival estheticsMichael S Reddy
University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Dentistry, Department of Periodontology, 35294, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 134:295-304; quiz 337-8. 2003..This no longer is true. The goal of this article is to show how esthetic crown-lengthening procedures, papillary regeneration and root coverage may enhance the overall esthetic results of periodontal treatment...
- Treatment of adjacent gingival recessions with subepithelial connective tissue grafts and the modified tunnel techniqueTolga F Tozum
Department of Periodontology, Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Quintessence Int 34:7-13. 2003..This surgical modification was based on the tunnel technique without vertical incisions, where the partial dissection was converted to a full-thickness dissection at the mucogingival area to supply more blood vessels...
- Alterations in location of the mucogingival junction 5 years after coronally repositioned flap surgeryCem A Gurgan
Ankara University Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Periodontology, Ankara, Turkey
J Periodontol 75:893-901. 2004..The aim of this clinical study was to evaluate whether the mucogingival junction (MGJ) reverts back towards its original location following coronally repositioned flap (CRF) procedure over a 5-year follow-up period...
- Coronally positioned flap with subepithelial connective tissue graft for root coverage: various indications and flap designsAntonio Fernando Martorelli de Lima
Department of Prosthodontics and Periodontics, School of Dentistry at Piracicaba, University of Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Int Acad Periodontol 8:53-60. 2006..An effective and predictable treatment modality, such as the coronally positioned flap combined with the subepithelial connective tissue graft, should be considered when treatment planning for gingival recession defects...
- Subepithelial connective tissue grafts in the treatment of multiple recession-type defectsLuiz Armando Chambrone
Discipline of Periodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Methodist University of Sao Paulo, Sao Bernardo do Campo, Brazil
J Periodontol 77:909-16. 2006..The objective of this study was to evaluate the results obtained with a connective tissue graft placed under a coronally advanced flap for the treatment of multiple gingival recessions...
- [Paradontal plastic surgery: treatment of gingival recession using a gliding flap with a deep conjunctive graft]B Straub
Service de Stomatologie de Chirurgie Maxillo faciale et Chirurgie Plastique de la Face, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud
Rev Stomatol Chir Maxillofac 107:361-5. 2006
- Predictable multiple site root coverage using an acellular dermal matrix allograftR D Henderson
School of Dentistry, University of Louisville, KY 40292, USA
J Periodontol 72:571-82. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Treatment with ADM was an effective and predictable procedure for root coverage. The orientation of the material did not affect the treatment outcome for any of the parameters tested...
- Subepithelial connective-tissue graft: the tunnel techniqueF Fred Farhat
Department of Periodontics, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Compend Contin Educ Dent 28:350-3. 2007
- Subepithelial connective tissue graft for root coverage: a case report of an unusual late complication of epithelial originAndreas O Parashis
Section of Periodontology, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University Health Sciences Center, Columbus, OH 43218 2357, USA
J Periodontol 78:2051-6. 2007..Late SCTG complications also are reviewed...
- Patient outcomes following subepithelial connective tissue graft and free gingival graft proceduresJeffrey R Wessel
Section of Periodontology, College of Dentistry, Ohio State University Health Sciences Center, Columbus, OH, USA
J Periodontol 79:425-30. 2008..Reports on postoperative periodontal patient outcomes are limited. The aim of this observational trial was to compare patient-based outcomes for CTGs and FGGs...
- Long-term results of root coverage with connective tissue in the envelope technique: a report of 20 casesMatthias Rossberg
Department of Periodontology, Center for Dental, Oral, and Maxillofacial Medicine, University Hospital of Frankfurt Main, Germany
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 28:19-27. 2008..Baseline recession height had a negative influence and location at a canine had a positive influence on the percentage of relative root coverage. All patients judged the situation at the respective teeth as improved...
- Bilaminar technique in the treatment of a deep cervical abrasion defectMonica Mele
Department of Periodontology and Implantology, University of Bologna, Italy
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 28:63-71. 2008..The graft, by acting as a "biologic filler" or space maintainer inside the concave abrasion area, stabilized the covering flap and helped restore a correct tooth emergence profile...
- Soft tissue dehiscence coverage around endosseous implants: a prospective cohort studyR Burkhardt
School of Dental Medicine, University of Berne, Berne, Switzerland
Clin Oral Implants Res 19:451-7. 2008..To evaluate the healing outcome of soft tissue dehiscence coverage at implant sites...
- Introduction to the SES technique: a composite of surgical modifications which simplify the subepithelial connective tissue graft techniqueTaeheon Kang
Department of Periodontics, Nova Southeastern University, College of Dental Medicine, Davie, Florida, USA
Compend Contin Educ Dent 29:172, 174-6, 178-80. 2008..Several cases demonstrate the potential of the SES technique to facilitate the connective tissue graft procedure...
- [Root coverage techniques--a literature review and a case report]A Hirsch
The Hebrew University, Hadassah School of Dental Medicine, Israel
Refuat Hapeh Vehashinayim 24:59-69, 95. 2006..A case report, in which various techniques were implemented, is presented. Dentists should be aware of treatment options and their predictability, so that appropriate treatment modalities could be offered to patients...
- Techniques for root coverageKeerthana Satheesh
University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, USA
Northwest Dent 81:40-2. 2002
- Root coverage with subepithelial connective tissue grafts and modified tunnel technique. An evaluation of long-term resultsTolga F Tozum
Department of Periodontology, Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
N Y State Dent J 72:38-41. 2006..14 mm after 36 months. The results of the present clinical study demonstrated that the SCTG with modified tunnel approach was an effective periodontal plastic surgery method to cover the exposed roots...
- Soft tissue root coverage as treatment for cervical abrasion and cariesP M Camargo
UCLA School of Dentistry, USA
Gen Dent 49:299-304. 2001..The rationale for root coverage with soft tissue grafts is reviewed and two cases are presented of successful root coverage procedures in which gingival recession associated with cervical abrasion and caries was present...
- Comparative clinical evaluation of acellular dermal matrix allograft and connective tissue graft for the treatment of gingival recessionM E Rahmani
Graduate Program, School of Dentistry and Dental Research Center, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
J Contemp Dent Pract 7:63-70. 2006..The aim of this study is to compare the ADMA with the conventional subepithelial connective tissue graft (SCTG) in the treatment of gingival recession."..
- Current trends in gingival recession coverage--part I: the tunnel connective tissue graftAndre P Saadoun
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 18:433-8; quiz 440. 2006..Part II of this discussion will present alternative techniques in treating gingival recession...
- Treatment of gingival recessions by combined periodontal regenerative technique, guided tissue regeneration, and subpedicle connective tissue graft. A comparative clinical studyMichele Paolantonio
University G D Annunzio, Chieti, School of Dentistry, Department of Periodontology, Italy
J Periodontol 73:53-62. 2002....
- Root coverage and papilla reconstruction using autogenous osseous and connective tissue graftsR Azzi
Department of Periodontology, University of Paris VII, France
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 21:141-7. 2001..This case report demonstrates a surgical procedure that has not been reported to date for papilla reconstruction to enhance periodontal esthetics...
- Use of a serially layered, double connective tissue graft approach to enhance maxillary anterior estheticsS Maurer
Department of Periodontology, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, USA
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 21:497-503. 2001....
- Modified coronally advanced flap associated with a subepithelial connective tissue graft for the treatment of adjacent multiple gingival recessionsPaulo F M Carvalho
Department of Periodontics, São Leopoldo Mandic Dental Research Institute, Campinas, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
J Periodontol 77:1901-6. 2006....
- Coronally positioned flap with or without acellular dermal matrix graft in gingival recessions: a histometric studyEnilson A Sallum
Department of Prosthodontics and Periodontics, Division of Periodontics, School of Dentistry at Piracicaba, State University of Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Dent 19:128-32. 2006..To evaluate, histometrically, the healing of gingival recession treated by coronally positioned flaps (CPF) with or without acellular dermal matrix (ADM) as a subepithelial graft...
- Case reports of a new syndrome associating gingival fibromatosis and dental abnormalities in a consanguineous familyHercilio Martelli-Júnior
Stomatology Clinic, Dental School, University of Montes Claros, Montes Claros, MG, Brazil
J Periodontol 79:1287-96. 2008..This article reports one kindred affected by a syndrome characterized by GF associated with dental abnormalities (DA) including generalized thin hypoplastic amelogenesis imperfecta (AI)...
- Gingival fibromatosis, short stature, border-line IQ, facial dysmorphism and hepatomegalyI Marakoglu
Cumhuriyet University, Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Periodontology, Sivas, Turkey
Genet Couns 16:161-5. 2005..Full mouth gingivectomy and gingivoplasty were performed...
- Multidisciplinary approach on rehabilitation of primary teeth traumatism repercussion on the permanent successor: 6-year follow-up case reportA C V Mello-Moura
Research and Clinical Center of Dental Trauma in Primary Teeth, Pediatric Dentistry, Departamento de Ortodontia e Odontopediatria, Faculdade de Odontologia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 27:125-30. 2009..b>Gingivoplasty was carried out with high-intensity Diode Laser, followed by aesthetic restoration with compound resin...
- Oral and dental abnormalities in Barber-Say syndromeFabiana Martins
Department of Oral Pathology, Special Care Dentistry Center, School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Med Genet A 152:2569-73. 2010..Oral examination revealed macrostomia, broad alveolar ridges, gingival fibromatosis, taurodontism, delayed tooth eruption, and malocclusion. Dental treatment included gingivoplasty and orthodontic treatment.
- [Esthetics restoration after rapid orthodontic extrusion of subgingivally fractured incisor: a case report]Jun Ji
Dept of Orthodontics, The Stomatological Hospital Affiliated to Medical School of Nanjing University, Nanjing 210008, China
Hua Xi Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi 25:206-7. 2007..b>Gingivoplasty was performed around...
- An unusual case of generalized severe gingival enlargement during pregnancyCrystal L McIntosh
Department of Periodontology, Howard University of Dentistry, Washington, DC, USA
Gen Dent 58:e272-8. 2010..Surgical therapy for the gingival enlargement included gingivectomy and gingivoplasty of all quadrants, which reduced the size of the enlarged gingiva...
- A biological conservative approach to complex traumatic dento-alveolar lesionsEnrico Spinas
Department of Odontostomatology, Center for Dento Facial Trauma Studies, Director, Prof P Falconi, University of Cagliari, Italy
J Clin Pediatr Dent 28:1-10. 2003..of crown-root fractures by orthodontic or surgical extrusion and completed with periodontal plastic surgery (gingivoplasty). In many cases the outcome is good conservation and excellent esthetic results...
- [Clinical management of cleft lip and palate in university hospital of Montpellier]P Montoya
Unité de chirurgie plastique pédiatrique, Service de Chirurgie Orthopédique Pédiatrique, CHU Lapeyronie, 34000 Montpellier, France
Ann Chir Plast Esthet 47:143-9. 2002..of interceptive correction of sequellae into thus protocol appears basic: correction of alveolar cleft by gingivoplasty (5 to 7 years) associated with secondary home-graft between 11 to 13 years; early nasal revision since 2 years ..
- Current knowledge in cleft lip and palate treatment from an orthodontist's point of viewH Friede
Department of Orthodontics, Goteborg University, Sweden
J Orofac Orthop 59:313-30. 1998..and also maxillofacial growth in relation to particular surgical procedures (palatal repair, periosteoplasty/gingivoplasty, bone grafting)...
- Coverage of previously carious roots is as predictable a procedure as coverage of intact rootsM Goldstein
Department of Periodontics, Hebrew University Hadassah Faculty of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
J Periodontol 73:1419-26. 2002..However, little is known about the ability to treat previously carious roots by mucogingival grafting, and even less is known about the outcome of such treatment...
- Direct gingivoperiosteoplasty with palatoplastyWilliam D Losquadro
Department of Otolaryngology and Communication Sciences, State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Facial Plast Surg 23:140-5. 2007..Preliminary data suggest bone growth capable of supporting tooth eruption without significant growth disturbances in a majority of patients treated with this protocol...
- Noncarious cervical lesions: graft or restore?Edward P Allen
Department of Periodontics, Baylor College of Dentistry, Dallas, TX, USA
J Esthet Restor Dent 17:332-4. 2005
- Root coverage using acellular dermal matrix and comparing a coronally positioned tunnel to a coronally positioned flap approachGeorgios Papageorgakopoulos
Graduate Periodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
J Periodontol 79:1022-30. 2008....
- Viability analysis of subepithelial connective tissue grafts subjected to a mechanical expansion process: a histologic study in dogsCesar Augusto Magalhães Benfatti
Department of Periodontics, Dentistry College of Federal University of Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 31:e37-44. 2011..It was concluded that this new method to expand the area of connective tissue grafts was not only viable biologically, but also decreased surgical risks without increasing processing time...
- Treatment of gingival recessionMoawia M Kassab
Department of Periodontics and Endodontics, School of Dental Medicine, State University of New York at Buffalo, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 133:1499-506; quiz 1540. 2002..The authors reviewed human clinical studies to assess which techniques provided optimal results...
- Unusual gingival enlargement with aggressive periodontitis: a case reportShivlal L Vishnoi
Department of Periodontics, at the Manubhai Patel Dental College and Hospital, in Vadodara, Gujarat, India
J Contemp Dent Pract 11:049-55. 2010..This article describes the surgical management of a young, female patient with severe gingival enlargement of unknown etiology...
- The single-incision palatal harvest technique: a strategy for esthetics and patient comfortE R Lorenzana
Baylor College of Dentistry Texas A and M University System, Dallas, Texas, USA
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 20:297-305. 2000..A review of the technique and its indications, rationale, and limitations is presented...
- Gingival recession and adult orthodontics: a clinical evidence-based treatment proposalJean Marc Dersot
88, rue Michel Ange, 75016 Paris, France
Int Orthod 10:29-42. 2012..The aim of this paper is to present recent data from the literature and several clinical situations in adults in order to submit a treatment sequence and clarify the role of different periodontal plastic surgery root coverage procedures...
- Soft tissue laser in orthodonticsAntonio Gracco
Department of Orthodontics, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Prog Orthod 12:66-72. 2011..This kind of laser offers numerous advantages with respect to traditional or electric scalpels. In this article the authors will analyse several typical uses of the diode laser in daily orthodontic practice...
- Multidisciplinary treatment using a dermal matrix allograft materialTerrence J Griffin
Department of Periodontology, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 15:680-5. 2003
- An interarch alveolar ridge relationship classificationDaniel W K Kao
Department of Periodontics, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 30:523-9. 2010..This article also discusses cone beam computed tomography and multidisciplinary treatment planning options for approaching each classification...
- The pouch and tunnel technique for the management of adjacent gingival recession defects: surgical correction and one-year follow-upTony Kurien
Department of Periodontics, Deemed University, Sawangi Meghe, Wardha, Maharashtra State, India
J Contemp Dent Pract 11:041-8. 2010..The aim of this report is to present a minimally invasive periodontal plastic surgical method for the treatment of gingival augmentation coronal to area of recession on the facial aspect of the mandibular central incisors...
- Smile enhancement using all-ceramic materialsStephen Poss
Las Vegas Institute, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 16:57-9. 2004
- Computer-guided immediate provisionalization of anterior multiple adjacent implants: surgical and prosthodontic rationaleJoseph Y K Kan
Department of Restorative Dentistry Loma Linda University School of Dentistry Loma Linda, CA 92354, USA
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 18:617-23. 2006..This article discusses the significance of site development for aesthetic implant restoration and describes a computer-guided immediate pro visionalization procedure and its surgical and prosthodontic rationale..
- Considerations for anterior implant estheticsGregory J Conte
Division of Periodontology, University of California at San Francisco, USA
J Calif Dent Assoc 30:528-34. 2002..This article presents diagnostic determinants to help decide the most appropriate course of therapy to achieve functional and esthetic results...
- Management of patients with foreign body gingivitis: report of 2 cases with histologic findingsKarl Gravitis
J Can Dent Assoc 71:105-9. 2005..Home care recommendations include avoidance of dentifrices with certain chemical additives and rinses with a high alcohol content...
- Correction of congenitally missing lateral incisors with porcelain veneersJack D Griffin
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 18:475-80; quiz 481. 2006....
- Re: Relative connective tissue graft size affects root coverage treatment outcome in the envelope procedureYu Kang Tu
J Periodontol 76:1403-5. 2005
- Veneer maniaGordon J Christensen
CRA Foundation, Provo, Utah 84604, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 137:1161-3. 2006
- Drug-induced gingival hyperplasia and scaffolds: they may be valuable for horizontal food impactionHuali Du
Department of Prosthodontics, West China College of Stomatology, Sichuan University, Sichuan 610041, China
Med Hypotheses 74:984-5. 2010..Then horizontal food impaction will be cured when the interproximal clearance is filled with periodontal tissues. It will bring the patient hope...
- Scaffold-based rhBMP-2 therapy in a rat alveolar defect model: implications for human gingivoperiosteoplastyPhuong D Nguyen
Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 124:1829-39. 2009..Patients with persistent alveolar defects require secondary bone grafting. The authors investigated scaffold-based therapies designed to augment the success of alveolar repair...
- Using orthodontics to alter gingival levelsElliot Mechanic
Dent Today 26:80, 82-3. 2007
- An interdisciplinary approach to treatment planning in the esthetic zoneSajid A Jivraj
Division of Primary Oral Healthcare, University of Southern California School of Dentistry, Los Angeles 90089 0641, USA
J Calif Dent Assoc 31:544-9. 2003..Cases are presented to illustrate the utility of interdisciplinary treatment in which specialists are recruited to enhance and improve a patient's dental function and esthetics...
- A new tunnel technique with acellular dermal matrix for soft tissue preparation prior to symphyseal block graft--a description of technique and case reportAli Saad Thafeed AlGhamdi
Periodontic Division, Department of Oral Basic, Faculty of Dentistry, King Abdulaziz University, PO Box 109725, Jeddah 21351, Saudi Arabia
J Oral Implantol 34:274-81. 2008..Further research is needed to evaluate if this procedure will help to prevent soft tissue complications associated with block grafting...
- Integrated clinical treatment of gingival recession secondary to root perforation: case reportCelso Koogi Sonoda
Discipline of Integrated Clinics, Department of Surgery and Integrated Clinic, School of Dentistry or Araçatuba, Sao Paulo State University UNESP, CEP 16015 050, Aracatuba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Quintessence Int 40:723-7. 2009..The favorable clinical and radio?graphic conditions after 7 years of follow-up demonstrate the viability of this treatment approach...
- Patient morbidity and root coverage outcome after subepithelial connective tissue and de-epithelialized grafts: a comparative randomized-controlled clinical trialGiovanni Zucchelli
Department of Odontostomatology, Bologna University, Bologna, Italy
J Clin Periodontol 37:728-38. 2010..The aim of this randomized-controlled clinical trial was to compare the patient morbidity and root coverage outcomes of a coronally advanced flap (CAF) with connective tissue (CTG) or de-epithelialized gingival (DGG) grafts...
- Surgical thickening of the existing gingiva and reconstruction of interdental papillae around implant-supported restorationsRobert Azzi
Department of Periodontology, University of Paris VI, France
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 22:71-7. 2002..This technique allows the thickening of the existing gingiva but is also useful for reconstructing interdental papillae around implant-supported restorations...
- Mandibular molar rehabilitation using orthodontic extrusion associated with odontoplastyJoão Batista César-Neto
Department of Stomatology, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Prosthodont 21:626-30. 2012....
- Acellular dermal matrix allografts to achieve increased attached gingiva. Part 1. A clinical studyP C Wei
Department of Periodontics, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
J Periodontol 71:1297-305. 2000..The aim of part 1 of this study was to investigate the clinical efficacy of the ADM allograft for this particular purpose...
- A modified papilla preservation technique, 22 years laterLuigi Checchi
Department of Periodontology and Implantology, School of Dentistry, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Quintessence Int 40:303-11. 2009....
- Esthetic considerations in interdental papilla: remediation and regenerationAnita Angela Sharma
Postgraduate Orthodontic Program, Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health, A T Still University, Mesa, AZ 85206, USA
J Esthet Restor Dent 22:18-28. 2010..An interdisciplinary team approach with the general dentist, orthodontist, and periodontist is critical. Management of open embrasures requires careful evaluation of the underlying etiology...
- A modified tensionless gingival grafting technique using acellular dermal matrixJohn B Taylor
Northeast Georgia Periodontics and Center for Dental Implants, Gainesville, Georgia, USA
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 30:513-21. 2010..This technique has been predictable clinically, with results comparable to those achieved using autogenous tissue...
- Inadequate gingivolabial sulcus remains an avoidable problem after bilateral cleft lip repairJeffrey R Marcus
Division of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Maxillofacial Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 115:220-5. 2005
- An autologous cell hyaluronic acid graft technique for gingival augmentation: a case seriesGiovan Paolo Pini Prato
School of Dentistry, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
J Periodontol 74:262-7. 2003..An autologous cell hyaluronic acid graft was used for gingival augmentation in mucogingival surgery...
- Evaluation of alteration in mucogingival line location following use of subepithelial connective tissue graftNader Abolfazli
Department of Prosthodontics, Dental Faculty, Golgasht AVE, Tabriz, Iran
Indian J Dent Res 21:174-8. 2010..The aim of this study is to evaluate the positional changes that occur in mucogingival line following the use of subepithelial connective tissue graft (SCTG)...
- Incisive vessel-based palatal flap for the reconstruction of anterior maxillary soft tissuesAlfredo Martinez-Garcia
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 31:83-9. 2011..Total treatment time was shortened as an added benefit, since a secondary procedure for soft tissue augmentation was not necessary. In two patients with improper implant angulation, this technique resulted in improved esthetics...
- See tomorrow todayDavid L Hoexter
University of Pittsburgh, USA
Dent Today 23:108-11. 2004
- Maximizing aesthetics and health using a closed-flap Er:YSGG laser techniqueHugh Flax
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 16:201-5. 2004
- Dual root coverage of severely traumatized maxillary central incisors: a divided soft tissue management approachZvi Artzi
Department of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry, The Maurice and Gabriela Goldschleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Quintessence Int 42:737-43. 2011..At the 3-year follow-up, clinical and radiographic examination showed a maintainable functional and esthetic status...
- Periodontal plastic surgery for treatment of localized gingival recessions: a systematic reviewMario Roccuzzo
School of Dental Medicine, University of Torino, Italy
J Clin Periodontol 29:178-94; discussion 195-6. 2002..The following surgical procedures have been considered in this review: guided tissue regeneration (GTR), free gingival graft (FGG), connective tissue graft (CTG), and coronally advanced flap (CAF)...
- [Interview with David M Sarver: Interview by Georges Rozencweig]David M Sarver
Orthod Fr 79:83-9. 2008
- Smile enhancement via all-ceramic restorations and hard/soft tissue laser contouringGerald Bittner
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 19:89-91. 2007
- Clinical and anatomical factors limiting treatment outcomes of gingival recession: a new method to predetermine the line of root coverageG Zucchelli
Department of Odontostomatology, Bologna University, Bologna, Italy
J Periodontol 77:714-21. 2006....
- Tissue-engineered bilayered cell therapy for the treatment of oral mucosal defects: a case seriesMarc L Nevins
Department of Periodontology, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 30:31-9. 2010..Further research is needed to evaluate the utility of LCT in clinical practice...
- A missing front toothLorin Berland
Dent Today 21:98-103. 2002
- Diabetes: Implant Integration, Success, and BenefitThomas W Oates; Fiscal Year: 2010..Ultimately, this information will contribute to the establishment of evidence-based guidelines for the assessment and application of dental implant therapy for patients with diabetes. ..
- Uptake of Fluoroquinolones and Tetracyclines by GingivaJohn Walters; Fiscal Year: 2003..Strategies that optimize the uptake and distribution of antimicrobial agents should enhance the elimination of invasive pathogens from the periodontium and other types of mucosa. ..
- Oral Health Research TrainingMICHAEL REDDY; Fiscal Year: 2006..Where clinical training is interdigitated with the program, the clinical program director reports on the clinical progress to Dr. Jeffcoat. Program structure will also include internal and external advisory committees. ..
- Aggressive Periodontitis and Formylpeptide Receptor SNPsJohn Walters; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- UAB Oral Health Research Curriculum InnovationMICHAEL REDDY; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..