Genomes and Genes
Summary: Any surgical procedure for treatment of glaucoma by means of puncture or reshaping of the trabecular meshwork. It includes goniotomy, trabeculectomy, and laser perforation.
Publications265 found, 100 shown here
- Intensified postoperative care versus conventional follow-up: a retrospective long-term analysis of 177 trabeculectomiesDirk Marquardt
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospitals, Josef Schneider Strasse 11, 97080, Wurzburg, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 242:106-13. 2004To evaluate the long-term outcome of trabeculectomy under the conditions of intensified postoperative care (IPC) compared with conventional follow-up.
- Treatment outcomes in the Tube Versus Trabeculectomy (TVT) study after five years of follow-upSteven J Gedde
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Florida, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 153:789-803.e2. 2012To report 5-year treatment outcomes in the Tube Versus Trabeculectomy (TVT) Study.
- Comparison of trabeculectomy with Ex-PRESS miniature glaucoma device implanted under scleral flapPeter J G Maris
Hamilton Eye Institute, University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
J Glaucoma 16:14-9. 2007To evaluate the Ex-PRESS miniature implant (Model R 50) placed under partial-thickness scleral flap compared with standard trabeculectomy.
- Postoperative complications in the Tube Versus Trabeculectomy (TVT) study during five years of follow-upSteven J Gedde
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Florida, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 153:804-814.e1. 2012To describe postoperative complications encountered in the Tube Versus Trabeculectomy (TVT) Study during 5 years of follow-up.
- Resident-performed Ex-PRESS shunt implantation versus trabeculectomyMichael I Seider
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Glaucoma 21:469-74. 2012To compare outcomes between resident-performed trabeculectomy and Ex-PRESS shunt implantation.
- Factors for glaucoma progression and the effect of treatment: the early manifest glaucoma trialM Cristina Leske
Department of Preventive Medicine, Stony Brook University School of Medicine, Health Sciences Center, L3 086, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8036, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 121:48-56. 2003..To assess factors for progression in the Early Manifest Glaucoma Trial (EMGT), including the effect of EMGT treatment...
- Reduction of intraocular pressure and glaucoma progression: results from the Early Manifest Glaucoma TrialAnders Heijl
Department of Ophthalmology, Malmo University Hospital, SE 20502 Malmo, Sweden
Arch Ophthalmol 120:1268-79. 2002..To provide the results of the Early Manifest Glaucoma Trial, which compared the effect of immediately lowering the intraocular pressure (IOP), vs no treatment or later treatment, on the progression of newly detected open-angle glaucoma...
- Biodegradable collagen matrix implant vs mitomycin-C as an adjuvant in trabeculectomy: a 24-month, randomized clinical trialS Cillino
Department of Experimental Biomedicine and Clinical Neuroscience, Ophthalmology Section, University of Palermo Italy, Palermo, Italy
Eye (Lond) 25:1598-606. 2011To verify the safety and efficacy of Ologen (OLO) implant as adjuvant compared with low-dosage mitomycin-C (MMC) in trabeculectomy.
- Inhibition of vascular endothelial growth factor reduces scar formation after glaucoma filtration surgeryZhongqiu Li
Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Catholic University Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:5217-25. 2009....
- Novel glaucoma procedures: a report by the American Academy of OphthalmologyBrian A Francis
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Ophthalmology 118:1466-80. 2011....
- Utility of bleb imaging with anterior segment optical coherence tomography in clinical decision-making after trabeculectomyMandeep Singh
Department of Ophthalmology, National University Hospital, Singapore 119074
J Glaucoma 18:492-5. 2009To determine if imaging of blebs with anterior segment optical coherence tomography (ASOCT) affects clinical decision-making with regard to laser suture lysis (LSL) after trabeculectomy.
- A prospective randomised trial of trabeculectomy using mitomycin C vs an ologen implant in open angle glaucomaA Rosentreter
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Cologne, Koln, Germany
Eye (Lond) 24:1449-57. 2010The aim of this study is to assess the efficacy and complications of trabeculectomy with a biodegradable implant (ologen implant) vs trabeculectomy using mitomycin C (MMC) in patients with medically uncontrolled open-angle glaucoma in a ..
- A comparison of the Ex-PRESS™ mini glaucoma shunt with standard trabeculectomy in the surgical treatment of glaucomaLionel Marzette
Duke University Eye Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 42:453-9. 2011To compare the success and complication rates of patients with glaucoma who had an Ex-PRESS mini glaucoma shunt device implantation (Optonol, Ltd., Neve Ilan, Israel) to those who had conventional trabeculectomy.
- Imaging of blebs after phacotrabeculectomy with Ologen collagen matrix implantsP Y Boey
Singapore National Eye Centre, 11 Third Hospital Avenue, Singapore 168751, Singapore
Br J Ophthalmol 95:340-4. 2011..To analyse blebs of phacotrabeculectomies performed with Ologen collagen implants (ProTop & MediKing, Taipei, Taiwan) and to compare these with blebs of mitomycin C (MMC)–augmented phacotrabeculectomies...
- In vivo confocal microscopy study of blebs after filtering surgeryAntoine Labbe
Department of Ophthalmology III, Quinze Vingts National Ophthalmology Hospital, Paris, France
Ophthalmology 112:1979. 2005..To analyze bleb structure after filtering surgery at the cellular level using a new generation in vivo confocal microscope...
- Ex-PRESS implantation versus trabeculectomy in uncontrolled glaucoma: a meta-analysisWei Wang
Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 8:e63591. 2013To evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of Ex-PRESS implantation (Ex-Press) compared with trabeculectomy (Trab) in the treatment of patients with uncontrolled glaucoma.
- Efficacy and safety of trabeculectomy vs nonpenetrating surgical procedures: a systematic review and meta-analysisEliana Rulli
Clinical Research Laboratory, IRCCS Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milan, Italy
JAMA Ophthalmol 131:1573-82. 2013To date, only a few studies have directly compared nonpenetrating surgery (NPS) and trabeculectomy (TE)...
- Comparison of trabeculectomy and Ex-PRESS implantation in fellow eyes of the same patient: a prospective, randomised studyE Dahan
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Eye (Lond) 26:703-10. 2012To compare intraocular pressure (IOP) over time after standard trabeculectomy vs Ex-PRESS implantation in patients with bilateral primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG).
- Current variations of glaucoma filtration surgerySarwat Salim
Hamilton Eye Institute, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 23:89-95. 2012b>Trabeculectomy continues to be the most effective incisional surgery for uncontrolled glaucoma. Since its introduction by Cairns in 1968, the procedure has undergone numerous modifications...
- The prognostic value of the wuerzburg bleb classification score for the outcome of trabeculectomyThomas Klink
Department of Ophthalmology, Julius Maximilian University, Wuerzburg, Germany
Ophthalmologica 225:55-60. 2011..score (WBCS) aims at an objective and standardized assessment of the developing filtering bleb after trabeculectomy, in order to detect and treat bleb scarring at the earliest possible stage of development...
- Long-term outcomes of needle revision of trabeculectomy blebs with mitomycin C and 5-fluorouracil: a comparative safety and efficacy reportNitin Anand
Department of Ophthalmology, Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Trust, Huddersfield Royal Infirmary, Huddersfield
J Glaucoma 18:513-20. 2009To report the long-term comparative outcomes for needle revision with 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) and mitomycin C (MMC) of failed trabeculectomy blebs.
- A twenty-year follow-up study of trabeculectomy: risk factors and outcomesJohn Landers
Department of Ophthalmology, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Ophthalmology 119:694-702. 2012This study was undertaken to determine the performance of trabeculectomy surgery over a 20-year period and examine the associations between outcome and risk factors for trabeculectomy failure.
- Needling revision of trabeculectomies bleb morphology and long-term survivalAlan P Rotchford
Department of Ophthalmology, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham University Hospitals National Health Service Trust, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Ophthalmology 115:1148-1153.e4. 2008To assess the long-term success rate and to determine factors that predict survival after 5-fluorouracil-augmented needling revision of poorly functioning trabeculectomy blebs.
- Monocyte modulation of aqueous outflow and recruitment to the trabecular meshwork following selective laser trabeculoplastyJorge A Alvarado
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0730, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 128:731-7. 2010....
- The Ex-PRESS glaucoma shunt versus trabeculectomy in open-angle glaucoma: a prospective randomized studyLeo A M S de Jong
Ophthalmology Department, Academic Medical Centre, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Adv Ther 26:336-45. 2009..The purpose of this study was to establish the efficacy and safety of the Ex-PRESS (Optonol Ltd., Neve Ilan, Israel) mini glaucoma shunt in open-angle glaucoma...
- Incidence of late-onset bleb-related complications following trabeculectomy with mitomycinPeter W DeBry
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 2870 University Ave, Suite 206, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 120:297-300. 2002To determine the incidence of late-onset bleb-related complications following trabeculectomy with mitomycin and to report the management and outcome of bleb leaks following trabeculectomy with mitomycin.
- Comparison of the morphologic changes after selective laser trabeculoplasty and argon laser trabeculoplasty in human eye bank eyesT R Kramer
Emory Eye Center, Emory University School of Medicine, 1365-B Clifton Road N.E, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Ophthalmology 108:773-9. 2001....
- Interim clinical outcomes in the Collaborative Initial Glaucoma Treatment Study comparing initial treatment randomized to medications or surgeryP R Lichter
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Kellogg Eye Center, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
Ophthalmology 108:1943-53. 2001..trial, 607 patients with newly diagnosed open-angle glaucoma were initially treated with either medication or trabeculectomy (with or without 5-fluorouracil)...
- Intraocular pressure response of capsular glaucoma and primary open-angle glaucoma to selective Nd:YAG laser trabeculoplasty: a prospective, comparative clinical trialT Gracner
Department of Ophthalmology, Maribor Teaching Hospital, Slovenia
Eur J Ophthalmol 12:287-92. 2002..To compare the intraocular pressure (IOP) response of uncontrolled capsular glaucoma (CG) and primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) to selective laser trabeculoplasty (SLT) in a prospective clinical trial...
- Trabeculectomy with mitomycin C versus Ahmed glaucoma implant with mitomycin C for treatment of pediatric aphakic glaucomaMohammad Pakravan
Labbafinejad Medical Center, Shaheed Beheshti Medical University, Tehran, Iran
J Glaucoma 16:631-6. 2007To compare trabeculectomy with mitomycin C (T+MMC) and Ahmed glaucoma implant with MMC (AGI+MMC) in treatment of aphakic glaucoma in children below 16 years of age.
- Effectiveness of trabeculectomy on glaucoma patients in IbadanA M Agbeja-Baiyeroju
Department of Ophthalmology, University College Hospital, Ibadan
Afr J Med Med Sci 30:39-42. 2001This study was designed to determine the effectiveness of trabeculectomy on African patients. All patients who underwent trabeculectomy over a 10-year period, January 1987 to December 1996 were included in the study...
- Surgical complications in the Tube Versus Trabeculectomy Study during the first year of follow-upSteven J Gedde
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, 900 NW 17th Street, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 143:23-31. 2007To describe the intraoperative and postoperative complications encountered during the first year of follow-up in the Tube Versus Trabeculectomy (TVT) Study.
- Trabeculectomy with mitomycin C in pseudophakic patients with open-angle glaucoma: outcomes and risk factors for failureHector Fontana
Glaucoma Division, Jules Stein Eye Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 141:652-9. 2006To evaluate tonometric outcomes of trabeculectomy with mitomycin C in pseudophakic patients with open-angle glaucoma and associated risk factors for failure.
- Control of filtering bleb structure through tissue bioengineering: An animal modelHenry Shen Lih Chen
Glaucoma Service, Department of Ophthalmology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:5310-4. 2006To devise a means of providing controlled resistance between the anterior chamber and the subconjunctival space after trabeculectomy by implantation of a biodegradable, porous collagen matrix.
- [Postoperative outcomes after combined glaucoma surgery. Comparison of ex-press miniature implant with standard trabeculectomy]R Gallego-Pinazo
Hospital Universitario La Fe de Valencia, Valencia, Espana
Arch Soc Esp Oftalmol 84:293-7. 2009To evaluate postoperative outcomes and success after combined phacoemulsification and glaucoma surgery with Ex-PRESS miniature implant compared with combined surgery with standard trabeculectomy.
- Phacoemulsification in eyes with functioning filtering blebs: a prospective studyGema Rebolleda
Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Ophthalmology Department, Glaucoma Unit, Madrid, Spain
Ophthalmology 109:2248-55. 2002..To evaluate the effect of phacoemulsification on intraocular pressure (IOP) control in eyes with a previous functioning filtering bleb and no glaucoma medication...
- Measuring visual field progression in the Early Manifest Glaucoma TrialAnders Heijl
Department of Ophthalmology, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 81:286-93. 2003..This paper provides estimates of the amount of visual field worsening required to reach the EMGT definition of definite perimetric progression...
- The singapore 5-Fluorouracil trabeculectomy study: effects on intraocular pressure control and disease progression at 3 yearsTina T Wong
Singapore National Eye Center, Singapore and Singapore Eye Research Institute, Singapore
Ophthalmology 116:175-84. 2009To report 3-year results of a randomized, controlled trial comparing the use of a single application of 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) with placebo in trabeculectomy surgery.
- Comparison of surgical outcomes between canaloplasty and trabeculectomy at 12 months' follow-upRamesh S Ayyala
Department of Ophthalmology, Tulane School of Medicine, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Ophthalmology 118:2427-33. 2011To compare operative outcomes of patients after canaloplasty and trabeculectomy through 12 months' follow-up.
- Practice preferences for glaucoma surgery: a survey of the American Glaucoma Society in 2008Manishi A Desai
Boston Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 42:202-8. 2011..To evaluate glaucoma surgical practice patterns among members of the American Glaucoma Society (AGS)...
- Effect of temporal corneal phacoemulsification on intraocular pressure in eyes with prior trabeculectomy with an antimetaboliteKala Swamynathan
Department of Ophthalmology, Indiana University, 702 Rotary Circle, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Ophthalmology 111:674-8. 2004To evaluate the effect of temporal corneal phacoemulsification on intraocular pressure (IOP) in eyes after primary trabeculectomy with intraoperative fluorouracil (5-FU) or mitomycin C (MMC).
- The changing conceptual basis of trabeculectomy: a review of past and current surgical techniquesM Reza Razeghinejad
Wills Eye Institute, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Surv Ophthalmol 57:1-25. 2012..would allow aqueous to leave without producing a filtering bleb; however, it became apparent that Cairns's "trabeculectomy" only worked when a filtering bleb developed...
- Comparison of limbus-based and fornix-based trabeculectomy: success, bleb-related complications, and bleb morphologyJason F Solus
Glaucoma Service and Dana Center for Preventive Ophthalmology, Wilmer Ophthalmological Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Ophthalmology 119:703-11. 2012To compare the success and complications of trabeculectomy performed with limbus-based and fornix-based conjunctival approaches.
- Aqueous shunts in the treatment of glaucomaSameh Mosaed
The Gavin Herbert Eye Institute, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Expert Rev Med Devices 7:661-6. 2010..The standard procedure over the past 40 years has been trabeculectomy, first described in 1968...
- Sutureless revision of overhanging filtering blebsSarah Anis
Department of Ophthalmology, The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, 310 E 14th Street, New York, NY 10003, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 124:1317-20. 2006..of a technique for sutureless surgical revision of symptomatic corneal overhanging filtering blebs after trabeculectomy using mitomycin in 6 eyes in 6 patients...
- Ab interno trabeculectomy: outcomes in exfoliation versus primary open-angle glaucomaJessica L M Ting
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Alberta, Royal Alexandra Hospital, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Cataract Refract Surg 38:315-23. 2012To compare outcomes in exfoliation glaucoma versus primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) after ab interno trabeculectomy alone (Trabectome) or in combination with cataract surgery and intraocular lens (IOL) implantation.
- Randomized, prospective, comparative trial of EX-PRESS glaucoma filtration device versus trabeculectomy (XVT study)Peter A Netland
University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia Electronic address
Am J Ophthalmol 157:433-440.e3. 2014To compare the clinical outcomes of the EX-PRESS glaucoma filtration device placed under a partial-thickness scleral flap with trabeculectomy.
- Trabeculectomy with mitomycin-C in the treatment of pediatric glaucomasP A Sidoti
Department of Ophthalmology, The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, New York 10003, USA
Ophthalmology 107:422-9. 2000To evaluate the effectiveness and safety of trabeculectomy with mitomycin-C (MMC) in the management of childhood glaucomas.
- Reversal of lamina cribrosa displacement and thickness after trabeculectomy in glaucomaEun Ji Lee
Department of Ophthalmology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Ophthalmology 119:1359-66. 2012..To investigate the response of the lamina cribrosa (LC) and prelaminar tissue to glaucoma surgery using spectral-domain optical coherence tomography (SD-OCT) and to determine the factors influencing such responses...
- Ethnic differences in glaucoma: prevalence, management, and outcomeSonal D Wadhwa
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 16:101-6. 2005..The purpose of this article is to provide a review of the literature regarding the prevalence, management, and outcome of glaucoma among different ethnic populations...
- Late complications after glaucoma filtering surgery with adjunctive 5-fluorouracilU Ticho
Department of Ophthalmology, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Ophthalmol 115:506-10. 1993..9%), and a transient, mild iridocyclitis in nine eyes (8.6%). Thus, adjunctive fluorouracil after filtering surgery may entail various, mainly bleb-related, late side effects and complications...
- Intraoperative mitomycin C versus intraoperative 5-fluorouracil for trabeculectomy: a systematic review and meta-analysisZhong Jie Lin
Department of Ophthalmology, Shanghai Changzheng Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 28:166-73. 2012The aim of this study was to assess the intraoperative application of mitomycin C (MMC) compared to 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) on the outcome of trabeculectomy and to examine the balance of risk and benefit.
- Interobserver variability of the Würzburg bleb classification scoreThomas Klink
Department of Ophthalmology, Julius Maximilian University, Wurzburg, Germany
Ophthalmologica 222:408-13. 2008..The Würzburg bleb classification score (WBCS) serves to assess filtering blebs in a standardized fashion. The purpose of this prospective masked agreement study was to evaluate the WBCS interobserver variability...
- Randomized comparison of the intraocular pressure-lowering effect of phacoviscocanalostomy and phacotrabeculectomyHiroshi Kobayashi
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, Saga University, Saga, Japan
Ophthalmology 114:909-14. 2007To compare the intraocular pressure (IOP)-lowering effect of combined viscocanalostomy and phacoemulsification and combined trabeculectomy and phacoemulsification with mitomycin C in eyes with primary open-angle glaucoma.
- Outcomes after Descemet stripping endothelial keratoplasty in glaucoma patients with previous trabeculectomy and tube shunt implantationChristophe Wiaux
Jules Stein Eye Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Cornea 30:1304-11. 2011..To describe the incidence of intraoperative and postoperative complications and visual outcomes in eyes with previous penetrating glaucoma surgery undergoing Descemet stripping endothelial keratoplasty (DSEK)...
- Effect of cataract surgery on intraocular pressure in eyes with previous trabeculectomyH Mietz
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Cologne, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 239:763-9. 2001To determine the course of the intraocular pressure in eyes in which cataract surgery was performed after trabeculectomy.
- Optic nerve head circulation after intraocular pressure reduction achieved by trabeculectomyY Tamaki
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Tokyo School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Ophthalmology 108:627-32. 2001OBJECTIVE: To study the effects of trabeculectomy and needling revision of poorly functioning blebs on the optic nerve head (ONH) circulation in patients with primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG)...
- [Follow-up of trabeculectomy. Complications and therapeutic consequences]G Picht
, Joseph-Schneider-Strasse 11,
Ophthalmologe 98:629-34. 2001BACKGROUND: Intensive follow-up after trabeculectomy is important for long-term success. In the postoperative period, complications must be detected early in order to initiate adequate therapeutic measures...
- Deep sclerectomy combined with trabeculectomy in pediatric glaucomaMichael Feusier
Glaucoma Unit, Jules Gonin Eye Hospital, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Ophthalmology 116:30-8. 2009To evaluate the outcomes of combined deep sclerectomy and trabeculectomy (penetrating deep sclerectomy) in pediatric glaucoma.
- Phacoemulsification and trabeculotomy combined with goniosynechialysis for uncontrollable chronic angle-closure glaucomaYoshiaki Kiuchi
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 41:348-54. 2010..To assess and explore the effectiveness of phacoemulsification and trabeculotomy combined with goniosynechialysis in lowering intraocular pressure in eyes with uncontrollable chronic angle-closure glaucoma...
- Intraocular pressure control after clear corneal phacoemulsification in eyes with previous trabeculectomy: a controlled studyAsli Inal
Beyoglu Eye Education and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 83:554-60. 2005To compare intraocular pressure (IOP) control in eyes with or without clear corneal phacoemulsification following trabeculectomy.
- Analysis of bleb morphology after trabeculectomy with Visante anterior segment optical coherence tomographyChristopher Kai Shun Leung
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Eye Hospital, 147K Argyle Street, Kowloon, Hong Kong, PRC
Br J Ophthalmol 91:340-4. 2007To describe the use of anterior segment optical coherence tomography (OCT) in imaging intrableb morphology after trabeculectomy.
- Combined trabeculectomy and vitrectomy for pseudophakic malignant glaucoma and extensive peripheral anterior synechia-induced secondary glaucomaYi Yu Tsai
Department of Ophthalmology, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, Tainan, Taiwan
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:715-7. 2004We report combined trabeculectomy and vitrectomy in a 66-year-old woman with combined-mechanism glaucoma. Trabeculectomy supplemented with mitomycin-C was done first...
- Post-operative complication of trabeculectomy in Ibadan, Nigeria: outcome of 1-year follow-upA O Ashaye
Department of Ophthalmology, University College Hospital, Ibadan, Oyo, Nigeria
Eye (Lond) 23:448-52. 2009To describe the post-operative complications reported in patients who had trabeculectomy with and without antimetabolite in UCH, Ibadan between 1999 and 2003 and the success rate achieved in term of the post-operative intraocular pressure ..
- Assessment of bleb morphologic features and postoperative outcomes after Ex-PRESS drainage device implantation versus trabeculectomyTravis J Good
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 151:507-13.e1. 2011To investigate bleb morphologic features and postoperative outcomes after Ex-PRESS drainage device (Alcon Laboratories) implantation versus trabeculectomy.
- Long-term effect of phacoemulsification on intraocular pressure after trabeculectomyAgnes Derbolav
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Cataract Refract Surg 28:425-30. 2002To evaluate the effect of temporal clear corneal phacoemulsification on intraocular pressure (IOP) in eyes that have had trabeculectomy.
- Descemet stripping automated endothelial keratoplasty in eyes with previous trabeculectomy and tube shunt procedures: intraoperative and early postoperative complicationsPaul M Phillips
Devers Eye Institute, Portland, OR, USA
Cornea 29:534-40. 2010..To evaluate the intraoperative and early postoperative outcomes of Descemet stripping automated endothelial keratoplasty (DSAEK) in patients with previous glaucoma filtering surgeries...
- Malignant glaucoma following needling of a trabeculectomy blebR Mathur
Eye (Lond) 16:667-8. 2002
- Combined surgery in the treatment of patients with cataract and primary open-angle glaucomaR J Casson
Oxford Eye Hospital, United Kingdom, Oxford, UK
J Cataract Refract Surg 27:1854-63. 2001..and reduced the complication rate previously associated with extracapsular cataract extraction combined with trabeculectomy. A mean reduction in intraocular pressure (IOP) of 5 to 8 mm Hg can be achieved...
- Phacoemulsification with intraocular lens implantation after trabeculectomyR Casson
Nuffield Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Oxford University, England
J Glaucoma 11:429-33. 2002To determine the effect of phacoemulsification with intraocular lens (IOL) implantation, using a superior clear-corneal incision, on the long-term intraocular pressure (IOP) control in patients who have undergone previous trabeculectomy.
- A comparison of the intervisit intraocular pressure fluctuation after 180 and 360 degrees of selective laser trabeculoplasty (SLT) as a primary therapy in primary open angle glaucoma and ocular hypertensionNavin Prasad
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, MA, USA
J Glaucoma 18:157-60. 2009....
- The National Survey of Trabeculectomy. III. Early and late complicationsB Edmunds
Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London, UK
Eye (Lond) 16:297-303. 2002There is a considerable body of literature relating to trabeculectomy, however there are no data representative of the national experience of trabeculectomy in the United Kingdom (UK)...
- Recent advances in trabeculectomy techniqueEmma Jones
ORB Ocular Repair and Regeneration Biology, Divisions of Pathology and Glaucoma, Institute of Ophthalmology and Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 16:107-13. 2005b>Trabeculectomy is an effective operation for lowering intraocular pressure. However, success is limited by complications such as infection, hypotony, and scarring.
- Selective laser trabeculoplasty versus argon laser trabeculoplasty: results from a 1-year randomised clinical trialK F Damji
University of Ottawa Eye Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Br J Ophthalmol 90:1490-4. 2006..To compare selective laser trabeculoplasty (SLT) and argon laser trabeculoplasty (ALT), in terms of intraocular pressure (IOP) lowering, in patients with open-angle glaucoma...
- Bleb-associated endophthalmitis: clinical characteristics and visual outcomesBrandon G Busbee
Retina Service, New England Eye Center, Boston, USA
Ophthalmology 111:1495-503; discussion 1503. 2004..To analyze the clinical characteristics and treatment outcomes of patients with bleb-associated endophthalmitis (BAE)...
- Baseline IOP predicts selective laser trabeculoplasty success at 1 year post-treatment: results from a randomised clinical trialW G Hodge
Department of Ophthalmology, The University of Ottawa Eye Institute, 501 Smyth Road, Ottawa, ON K1H 8L6 Canada
Br J Ophthalmol 89:1157-60. 2005..This study's objective is to determine factors that predict successful SLT at 1 year post-treatment...
- Trabeculectomy with mitomycin C combined with direct cauterization of peripheral iris in the management of neovascular glaucomaUfuk Elgin
Ankara Ulucanlar Eye Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
J Glaucoma 15:466-70. 2006To determine the outcomes of trabeculectomy with mitomycin C (MMC) combined with direct cauterization of peripheral iris before iridectomy in the management of neovascular glaucoma (NVG), and to demonstrate the effect of this surgical ..
- The management of post-keratoplasty glaucoma by trabeculectomyA M Gilvarry
Corneal Clinic, Moorfields Eye Hospital, London
Eye (Lond) 3:713-8. 1989..Five eyes remained phakic until trabeculectomy was performed...
- Update on antifibrotic use in glaucoma surgery, including use in trabeculectomy and glaucoma drainage implants and combined cataract and glaucoma surgeryPatricia S Yoon
Stanford University, School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 15:141-6. 2004..This paper summarizes the use of antifibrotic agents adjunctive to glaucoma surgery, reviews recently published studies that address current use of these antifibrotics, and reviews new methods of wound modulation...
- Phacotrabeculectomy with mitomycin C in patients with uveitisUn Chul Park
Department of Ophthalmology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Am J Ophthalmol 142:1005-12. 2006To evaluate the safety and efficacy of combined phacoemulsification, intraocular lens implantation, and trabeculectomy with mitomycin C for the management of uveitic complications.
- Three-year follow-up of the tube versus trabeculectomy studySteven J Gedde
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 148:670-84. 2009To report 3-year results of the Tube Versus Trabeculectomy (TVT) Study.
- Long-term outcomes of repeat vs initial trabeculectomy in open-angle glaucomaSimon K Law
Glaucoma Division, Jules Stein Eye Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 148:685-695.e1. 2009To evaluate the long-term intraocular pressure (IOP) control and to identify risk factors for failure of repeat trabeculectomy with mitomycin C (MMC) in patients with open-angle glaucoma.
- Long-term effects of simultaneous subconjunctival and subscleral mitomycin C application in repeat trabeculectomyYi An You
Department of Ophthalmology, First Affiliated Hospital, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, Zhejiang, China
J Glaucoma 11:110-8. 2002To assess the efficacy and safety of simultaneous mitomycin C application under conjunctival and scleral flaps in patients with repeat trabeculectomy.
- Viscocanalostomy versus trabeculectomy for primary open angle glaucoma: 4-year prospective randomized clinical trialD F Gilmour
Department of Ophthalmology, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Eye (Lond) 23:1802-7. 2009The purpose of this randomized clinical trial was to compare the effectiveness and safety of viscocanalostomy (visco) with trabeculectomy (trab) in the management of primary open angle glaucoma (POAG).
- Five-year results of trabeculectomy with mitomycin CHenny J M Beckers
University Eye Clinic, Academic Hospital Maastricht, P O Box 5800, 6202 AZ, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 241:106-10. 2003The long-term efficacy and safety of primary trabeculectomy with mitomycin C were retrospectively studied.
- Visual field progression in the Collaborative Initial Glaucoma Treatment Study the impact of treatment and other baseline factorsDavid C Musch
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
Ophthalmology 116:200-7. 2009..To evaluate factors associated with visual field (VF) progression, using all available follow-up through 9 years after treatment initiation, in the Collaborative Initial Glaucoma Treatment Study (CIGTS)...
- Imaging of trabeculectomy blebs using anterior segment optical coherence tomographyMandeep Singh
National University Hospital, Singapore
Ophthalmology 114:47-53. 2007To image trabeculectomy blebs using anterior segment optical coherence tomography (AS-OCT).
- Selective laser trabeculoplasty as initial and adjunctive treatment for open-angle glaucomaIan McIlraith
Ivey Eye Institute, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
J Glaucoma 15:124-30. 2006..To investigate the efficacy and safety of selective laser trabeculoplasty as an initial treatment for newly diagnosed open-angle glaucoma, and its role as adjunctive therapy...
- Clinical results with the Trabectome, a novel surgical device for treatment of open-angle glaucomaDon Minckler
University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc 104:40-50. 2006..To describe treatment outcomes after Trabectome surgery in an initial series of 101 patients with open-angle glaucoma...
- Efficacy and safety of mitomycin-C in primary trabeculectomy: five-year follow-upRajiv Bindlish
Department of Ophthalmology, Allegheny General Hospital, 420 East North Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
Ophthalmology 109:1336-41; discussion 1341-2. 2002To examine the 5-year complications and results of primary trabeculectomy with mitomycin-C (MMC).
- A randomised, prospective study comparing selective laser trabeculoplasty with latanoprost for the control of intraocular pressure in ocular hypertension and open angle glaucomaM Nagar
Department of Ophthalmology, St Thomas s Hospital, Lambeth Palace Road, London SE1 7EH, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 89:1413-7. 2005..005% for the control of intraocular pressure (IOP) in ocular hypertension (OHT) and open angle glaucoma (OAG)...
- Trabeculectomy with intraoperative 5-fluorouracil vs mitomycin CK Singh
Department of Ophthalmology, Stanford University Medical Center, CA 94305 5308, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 123:48-53. 1997To compare the effectiveness of intraoperative 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) and mitomycin C used adjunctively with trabeculectomy in a black West African population.
- Selective laser trabeculoplasty as primary treatment for open-angle glaucoma: a prospective, nonrandomized pilot studyShlomo Melamed
The Sam Rothberg Glaucoma Center, Goldschleger Eye Institute, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Arch Ophthalmol 121:957-60. 2003..To examine the safety and efficacy of selective laser trabeculoplasty as primary treatment for patients with open-angle glaucoma...
- A prospective randomized trial comparing intraoperative 5-fluorouracil vs mitomycin C in primary trabeculectomyDarrell WuDunn
Department of Ophthalmology, Indiana University, Indianapolis 46202, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 134:521-8. 2002To compare the safety and efficacy of intraoperative 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) or Intraoperative mitomycin C (MMC) in eyes undergoing primary trabeculectomy.
- Long-term comparison of primary trabeculectomy with 5-fluorouracil versus mitomycin C in West AfricaHanna Y Kim
Department of Ophthalmology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 97303, USA
J Glaucoma 17:578-83. 2008To compare the long-term efficacy and safety of intraoperative 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) versus mitomycin-C (MMC) used adjunctively with primary trabeculectomy in a Black West African population.
- Intraocular pressure response to selective laser trabeculoplasty in the treatment of primary open-angle glaucomaT Gracner
Department of Ophthalmology, General Hospital Maribor, Slovenia
Ophthalmologica 215:267-70. 2001..66 mm Hg (SD 2.40) or 25.2%; at the end of 6 months of follow-up, IOP was reduced with a mean of 5.06 mm Hg (SD 2.37) or 22.5%. CONCLUSIONS: SLT is an effective method for lowering IOP in the treatment of POAG...
- Selective laser trabeculoplasty: predictive value of early intraocular pressure measurements for success at 3 monthsP B Johnson
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, 243 Charles Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 90:741-3. 2006..To determine the predictive value of the 2 week post-selective laser trabeculoplasty (SLT) intraocular pressure (IOP) by comparing it to the 4 week and 3 month values...
- Effects of octreotide acetate and amniotic membrane on wound healing in experimental glaucoma surgeryTamer Demir
Department of Ophthalmology, Firat University Medical School, Elazig, Turkey
Doc Ophthalmol 107:87-92. 2003..Thirty pigmented rabbits were divided into three groups each including 10 animals. Trabeculectomy and topical postoperative prednisolone sodium phosphate four times daily for 7 days were applied to one eye of ..
- Trabeculectomy with and without mitomycin-C in a black African populationJ C Mwanza
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital of Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo
Eur J Ophthalmol 11:261-3. 2001To evaluate the beneficial effects of intraoperative application of mitomycin-C during trabeculectomy in a black African population in Congo-Kinshasa.
- Needle elevation of the scleral flap for failing filtration blebs after trabeculectomy with mitomycin CD S Greenfield
Department of Ophthalmology, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami School of Medicine, Florida, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 122:195-204. 1996To report the incidence of failing filtration blebs after trabeculectomy with mitomycin C and to report the outcome of needling procedures for failing filtration blebs in these eyes.
- Cystic bleb formation and related complications in limbus- versus fornix-based conjunctival flaps in pediatric and young adult trabeculectomy with mitomycin CAnthony P Wells
Wound Healing Research Unit and Glaucoma Unit, Institute of Ophthalmology and Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Ophthalmology 110:2192-7. 2003Comparison of fornix- and limbus-based conjunctival flaps with respect to cystic bleb-related complications of trabeculectomy with high-dose mitomycin C (MMC) in pediatric and young adult glaucoma.
- Suppression of Ocular Scarring - Controlled Delivery of an ALK-5 InhibitorHiroshi Nakamura; Fiscal Year: 2013..trial, there was no difference between the antibody and a placebo in preventing the failure of primary trabeculectomy in human glaucoma eyes. In addition, clinical usage of antisense/siRNAs is still questionable...
- Smad3 inhibitors for ophthalmic applicationsChing Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2010..The fibrosis and neovascularization by alkaline burn, mechanical debridement and trabeculectomy surgery will be conducted on rabbit cornea and conjunctiva for the evaluation of Smad3 inhibitors...
- FLUOROURACIL FILTERING SURGERY STUDYWALLACE ALWARD; Fiscal Year: 1992..glaucoma after previous cataract extraction or unsuccessful filtering surgery, or both, were randomized to a trabeculectomy alone (standard treatment), or to trabeculectomy with adjunctive 5-FU injections...
- 5-FLUOROURACIL & GLAUCOMA FILTERING SURGERYDale Heuer; Fiscal Year: 1992..glaucoma after previous cataract extraction or unsuccessful filtering surgery, or both, were randomized to a trabeculectomy alone (standard treatment), or to trabeculectomy with adjunctive 5-FU injections...
- 5-FLUOROURACIL & GLAUCOMA FILTERING SURGERYRichard Parrish; Fiscal Year: 1993..after previous cataract extraction or unsuccessful filtering surgery, or both, were randomized to undergo trabeculectomy alone (standard treatment) or trabeculectomy with adjunctive 5-FU injections...
- 5-FLUOROURACIL AND GLAUCOMA FILTERING SURGERYMICHAEL KASS; Fiscal Year: 1992..glaucoma after previous cataract extraction or unsuccessful filtering surgery, or both, were randomized to a trabeculectomy alone (standard treatment), or to trabeculectomy with adjunctive 5-FU injections...
- Pulsed Electron Avalanche Knife: Intraocular Microsurg.Daniel Palanker; Fiscal Year: 2006..Applications to non-penetrating trabeculectomy and other ophthalmic and non-ophthalmic microsurgical procedures will be explored...
- PERIOPERATIVE WOUND LEAKS AFTER TRABECULECTOMY IN FFSSRichard Parrish; Fiscal Year: 1999..The FFSS was an NEI-sponsored, multicenter, randomized clinical trial to compare the results of trabeculectomy with and without postoperative, subconjunctival injections of 5-fluorouracil (5-FU), in patients with poor ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF A NOVEL GLAUCOMA IMPLANTAbdul Ahmed; Fiscal Year: 2004..Current surgical options for refractory glaucoma include trabeculectomy and the use of glaucoma drainage implants...
- Amniotic Membrane Patch Graft to Cover Glaucoma Drainage TubeHOSAM EL SHEHA; Fiscal Year: 2009..will allow us in Phase II investigate whether it can also be considered as a graft to augment the success of trabeculectomy with mitomycin C in high risk refractory glaucoma...
- Trabecular Bypass Stent and ApplicatorGREGORY SMEDLEY; Fiscal Year: 2002..After failure of conservative therapy, trabeculectomy with or without antimetabolites is used to lower lop...
- Development of a micropump for the glaucomatous eyeDAVID HAFFNER; Fiscal Year: 2005..After failure of conservative therapy, trabeculectomy with or without antimetabolites is used to lower IOP...
- ADVANCED GLAUCOMA INTERVENTION STUDYAllen Beck; Fiscal Year: 2000..Each eye has been randomly assigned to one of two intervention sequences: 1) trabeculectomy (T) followed by argon laser trabeculoplasty (ALT) should T fail and followed by a second T should the ALT fail;..
- ADVANCED GLAUCOMA INTERVENTION STUDYJacob Wilensky; Fiscal Year: 2000..Each eye has been randomly assigned to one of two intervention sequences: 1) trabeculectomy (T) followed by argon laser trabeculoplasty (ALT) should T fail and followed by a second T should ALT fail; ..
- ADVANCED GLAUCOMA INTERVENTION STUDY (AGIS)Robert Allen; Fiscal Year: 2000..Each eye has been randomly assigned to one of two intervention sequences: 1) trabeculectomy (T) followed by argon laser trabeculoplasty (ALT) should T fail and followed by a second T should ALT fail; ..
- ADVANCED GLAUCOMA INTERVENTION STUDYDouglas Gaasterland; Fiscal Year: 2001..Each eye has been randomly assigned to one of two intervention sequences: 1) trabeculectomy (T) followed by argon laser trabeculoplasty (ALT) should T fall and followed by a second T should ALT fail; ..
- ADVANCED GLAUCOMA INTERVENTION STUDYM Shields; Fiscal Year: 2000..Each eye has been randomly assigned to one of two intervention sequences: 1) trabeculectomy (T) followed by argon laser trabeculoplasty (ALT) should T fail and followed by a second T should ALT fail; ..
- AGIS CONTINUATION PIEDMONT HOSPITALM Vela; Fiscal Year: 2000
- ADVANCED GLAUCOMA INTERVENTION STUDYPaul Weber; Fiscal Year: 2000..Each eye has been randomly assigned to one of two intervention sequences: 1) trabeculectomy (T) followed by argon laser trabeculoplasty (ALT) should T fail and followed by a second T should the ALT fail;..
- ADVANCED GLAUCOMA INTERVENTION STUDYPAUL LICHTER; Fiscal Year: 2000..Each eye has been randomly assigned to one of two intervention sequences: i) trabeculectomy (T) followed by argon Laser trabeculoplasty (ALT) should T fail and followed by a second T should ALT fait; ..
- LASER TRABECULAR ABLATIONJAMES HSIA; Fiscal Year: 1991....
- Proteomic Analyses of Human Trabecular MeshworkSanjoy Bhattacharya; Fiscal Year: 2007..Proteomic analyses of TM tissue from in vivo trabeculectomy and left over rim-tissue from cornea transplant will be pursued to determine protein differences between ..
- ADVANCED GLAUCOMA INTERVENTION STUDYJay Katz; Fiscal Year: 2000
- ADVANCED GLAUCOMA INTERVENTION STUDY COORDINATING CENTERPAUL VAN VELDHUISEN; Fiscal Year: 2002
- AGIS CLINIC WHC ADVANCED GLAUCOMA INTERVENTION STUDYArthur Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2001
- ADVANCED GLAUCOMA INTERVENTION STUDYMARSHALL CYRLIN; Fiscal Year: 2000
- Portable fiber laser for glaucoma surgeryKURT LINDEN; Fiscal Year: 2003..will be designed and fabricated, and a comparison will be made between laser sclerectomy and conventional trabeculectomy, using rabbit models. Effects on outflow facility will be evaluated using LTA in cadaver human eyes...
- OCULAR HYPERTENSION TREATMENT STUDY (OHTS)Allen Beck; Fiscal Year: 2008..This application includes information on Dr. Brown and his two co-investigators who will follow patients screened for enrollment and randomization to treatment in the OHTS clinical trial." ..
- OCULAR HYPERTENSION TREATMENT STUDY (OHTS)Donald Budenz; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- COLLABORATIVE INITIAL GLAUCOMA TREATMENT STUDYPhilip Chen; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- DATA COORDINATING CENTER FOR EARLY GLAUCOMA TRIALM Leske; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- EARLY DETECTION OF GLAUCOMA DAMAGEHenry Jampel; Fiscal Year: 2004..This assessment of the RTA and NFA will help to establish their utility as outcome measures for clinical management of glaucoma, epidemiological research, and clinical trials. ..
- GLAUCOMA SURGICAL OUTCOMES STUDYHenry Jampel; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of the study may allow physicians to reduce the morbidity of glaucoma surgery by altering their indications for surgery, surgical technique, and postoperative follow-up. ..
- NEUROTROPHIC FACTOR MODULATION OF CORNEAL ENDOTHELIUMShay Whey Koh; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- EARLY MANIFEST GLAUCOMA TRIALAnders Heijl; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is expected, that the large scale community screening effort to recruit study participants with as yet undetected glaucoma, will require screening of 20,000 to 30,000 Malmo citizens in appropriate age groups. ..
- COLLABORATIVE INITIAL GLAUCOMA TREATMENT STUDYHenry Jampel; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- PREVALENCE AND IMPACT OF GLAUCOMA AMONG THE VERY ELDERLYDavid Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2003..Finally, the interactions between comorbidities (including cognitive deficits) and visual field loss will be explored. ..
- Quan11tification of Glaucomatous Optic NeuropathyChristopher Girkin; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- CIGTS-2 Optic Disc Reading CenterRichard Parrish; Fiscal Year: 2005..To provide the Coordinating Center with optic disc progression rates ..
- Analysis of CIGTS Visual Field DataDavid Musch; Fiscal Year: 2005..3. Determine the relative impact of factors other than IOP control and race on progressive VF loss. Address age, sex, family history, comorbidities, smoking, alcohol ingestion, refractive error, and baseline VF damage. ..
- Genetic Studies of Pseudoexfoliation GlaucomaJaney Wiggs; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- CELLULAR BIOLOGY OF THE TRABECULAR MESHWORKMichael P Fautsch; Fiscal Year: 2010..These regions will be "preferential flow" regions, and aqueous tracers should appear in these regions first. If this occurs, it would change our basic understanding of how aqueous passes through the TM (aim 5). ..
- COLLABORATIVE STUDY OF INITIAL GLAUCOMA TREATMENTPAUL LICHTER; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Genetic Etiologies of Primary Open Angle GlaucomaJaney Wiggs; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific genetic defects will be correlated with clinical phenotype by investigating familial aggregation of clinical parameters and looking for evidence of gene/gene interactions and how these interactions may influence phenotype. ..
- Gene Delivery to the Trabecular MeshworkDouglas Rhee; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies would set the foundation for future evaluations of the function of MIF in the TM and MIF?s potential as a candidate for gene therapy for the treatment of glaucoma. ..
- Transcriptional silencing in damaged retinal gangliaRobert Nickells; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- The Role of Outer Retinal Injury in GlaucomaT Nork; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Analysis of the Human Aqueous Outflow PathwayMichael P Fautsch; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will also determine gene and protein expression changes in the meshwork induced by normal and POAG aqueous humor. Develop a medium that can be used to mimic aqueous humor for trabecular meshwork cell culture. ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF GLAUCOMATOUS OPTIC NERVE DAMAGEHarry Quigley; Fiscal Year: 2008..Candidate molecules for genetic susceptibility to glaucoma are likely to be identified. ..
- FAMILIAL PRIMARY OPEN ANGLE GLAUCOMAJaney Wiggs; Fiscal Year: 2004..Initial genome screens to identify genes responsible for two POAG risk factors, ocular hypertension (OHT) and pseudoexfoliation (PEX), will be performed. ..
- LINKAGE STUDY OF JUVENILE GLAUCOMAJaney Wiggs; Fiscal Year: 2008..3) Screen candidate genes located in the RIEG2 region on chromosome 13q14. 4) Correlate mutations in genes known to cause glaucoma with clinical phenotypes. ..
- Mapping RGC susceptibility alleles Robert Nickells; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ELECTRON MICROSCOPIC STUDIES OF CRYSTALLINE LENSESJer Kuszak; Fiscal Year: 2006..cataracts that arise in the long term (>50% of all older patients) as a complication of vitrectomy or trabeculectomy in an established animal model; 2) to characterize, for the first time, the relationship between lens sutures ..
- Molecular Phenotypes of Primary Open Angle GlaucomaMary K Wirtz; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will form the basis for future studies aimed at identifying and characterizing the genes that influence POAG risk factors. ..