Summary: Plastic surgery of the eyelid. (Cline et al., Dictionary of Visual Science, 4th ed)
Publications216 found, 100 shown here
- The role of the septal reset in creating a youthful eyelid-cheek complex in facial rejuvenationSam T Hamra
Plast Reconstr Surg 113:2124-41; discussion 2142-4. 2004....
- External levator advancement vs Müller's muscle-conjunctival resection for correction of upper eyelid involutional ptosisGuy J Ben Simon
Jules Stein Eye Institute and Department of Ophthalmology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 140:426-32. 2005..To compare external levator advancement and Müller's muscle-conjunctival resection (conjunctivomullerectomy, or CJM) for correction of upper eyelid involutional ptosis...
- Frontalis suspension for upper eyelid ptosis: evaluation of different surgical designs and suture materialGuy J Ben Simon
Division of Orbital and Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery, Jules Stein Eye Institute, CA 90095 7006, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 140:877-85. 2005..To compare two sling designs (single loop or double pentagon) and a variety of suture material that was used in frontalis suspension surgery for correction of upper eyelid ptosis...
- Strategies for simultaneous double eyelid blepharoplasty in Asian patients with congenital blepharoptosisDae Hwan Park
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Catholic University of Daegu, College of Medicine, 3056 6 Dae Myung 4, Dong, Nam Gu, Daegu, 705 718, Korea
Aesthetic Plast Surg 32:66-71. 2008..However, it is difficult to achieve symmetry in patients with blepharoptosis...
- Aesthetic and functional management of eyelid and orbital reconstructionBruce K Moskowitz
Department of Ophthalmology, New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, New York, New York 10003, USA
Facial Plast Surg 24:69-77. 2008..Successful outcomes in eyelid and orbital reconstruction depend upon proper knowledge, planning, and multidisciplinary management...
- Congenital ptosis: Long-term outcome of frontalis suspension using autogenous temporal fascia or fascia lata in childrenC Philandrianos
Service de Chirurgie Plastique Pédiatrique, Department of Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Hôpital Timone Enfants Timone Children s Hospital, 264 rue Saint Pierre, 13385 Marseille Cedex 05, France
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 63:782-6. 2010..It is an effective procedure in the long term. In our opinion, it is the technique of choice to treat young children with severe congenital ptosis...
- One medial triangular Tutoplast sling as a frontalis suspension for adult myogenic blepharoptosisNir Seider
Alberto Moscona Department of Ophthalmology, Rambam Medical Centre, Haifa, Israel
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 84:121-3. 2006..We describe the short-term, follow-up results of frontalis suspension surgery for adult myogenic blepharoptosis using Tutoplast, a commercially available fascia lata allograft...
- Efficacy of pulsed electromagnetic energy in postoperative recovery from blepharoplastyCraig N Czyz
Division of Ophthalmology, Section of Oculofacial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Ohio University Doctor s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Dermatol Surg 38:445-50. 2012..The device emits a low-level, pulsed electromagnetic energy field, which modulates resting cell membrane potential, allowing a return to physiologic resting membrane potential...
- Large orbital osteoma arising from orbital roof: Excision through an upper blepharoplasty incisionMurat Livaoglu
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Karadeniz Technical University, Trabzon, Turkey
Orbit 28:200-2. 2009..His left eye was proptotic and directed to downward lateral gaze position. Using upper blepharoplasty incision, the osteoma was completely excised...
- Treatment of post-blepharoplasty lower lid retraction by free tarsoconjunctival graftingMelanie Ferri
Faculty of Health Sciences McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Orbit 21:281-8. 2002b>Blepharoplasty is probably the most commonly performed facial cosmetic procedure...
- Double-eyelid blepharoplasty incorporating blepharoptosis surgery for 'latent' aponeurotic ptosisJin Li
Department of Ophthalmology, Ninth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, School of Medicine, Shanghai, PR China
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 64:993-9. 2011Most of the patients who undergo double-eyelid blepharoplasty report satisfactory cosmetic results...
- Blepharoplasty with aponeurotic fixation corrects asymmetry of the eyebrows caused by paralysis of the unilateral frontalis muscle in OrientalsHideo Kushima
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Nagano, Japan
Scand J Plast Reconstr Surg Hand Surg 39:39-44. 2005..In this paper, we describe an effective way of correcting such asymmetry by using blepharoplasty with aponeurotic fixation, and three case reports were presented...
- Open loop fascial sling for severe congenital blepharoptosisZakaria Yahya Arajy
Scientific Council of Plastic Surgery, Iraqi Board for Medical Specializations, Baghdad, Iraq
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 40:129-33. 2012..We describe a simple open loop fascia lata suspension sling to the frontalis muscle to treat patients with severe eyelid ptosis and poor levator function...
- 'Kite-tail' fascia lata strips technique: frontalis suspension using a non-endoscopic minimally invasive single-thigh incision approachCem Evereklioglu
Department of Ophthalmology, Division of Oculoplastic, Orbital and Lacrimal Surgery, Erciyes University Medical Faculty, Kayseri, Turkey
Br J Ophthalmol 96:570-5. 2012..To introduce 'kite-tail' strips or a 'multiple Z-plasty' technique on an autogenous fascia lata graft without a stripper to correct severe blepharoptosis by frontalis suspension and to evaluate its effectiveness on surgical outcome...
- Morbihan's disease: treatment with CO2 laser blepharoplastyFalk Georges Bechara
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
J Dermatol 31:113-5. 2004..Systemic therapies with corticocosteroids and antibiotics were not successful, but CO2 laser blepharoplasty led to good cosmetic results with marked improvement of visual impairment and no recurrence during the six-..
- Primary bilateral silicone frontalis suspension for good levator function ptosis in oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophyRichard C Allen
Department of Surgery, Division of Ophthalmology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico USA
Br J Ophthalmol 96:841-5. 2012..To evaluate outcomes of patients with oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophy (OPMD) with levator function (LF) ≥ 10mm who underwent primary bilateral silicone frontalis suspension...
- Ptosis repair options and algorithmAltug Cetinkaya
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 19:428-34. 2008..Each patient needs to be individually assessed and treated. A surgeon needs to be familiar with all types of surgical repair to choose the best possible option for his/her particular patient...
- [Aesthetic blepharoplasty]Darina Krastinova-Lolov
Unité de chirurgie cranio orbitopalpébrale, Hopital Foch, 40, rue Worth, 92150 Suresnes, France
Ann Chir Plast Esthet 48:350-63. 2003Suzanne Noël, a pioneer of aesthetic surgery in Europe, first published her results with cosmetic blepharoplasty in 1926, in a book entitled: "The social role of aesthetic surgery"...
- Upper blepharoplasty approach to frontozygomatic dermoid cystsKathryn E Nelson
Department of Plastic Surgery, Alder Hey Children s Hospital, Liverpool, UK
J Craniofac Surg 22:e41-4. 2011..We aimed to present experience of Alder Hey Children's Hospital on frontozygomatic dermoid removal through a blepharoplasty incision...
- Correction of congenital severe ptosis by suspension of a frontal muscle flap overlapped with an inferiorly based orbital septum flapY Pan
Department of Plastic Surgery, Xijing Hospital, Xi an, People s Republic of China
Aesthetic Plast Surg 32:604-12; discussion 613. 2008..This report introduces a new method for correction of congenital severe upper eyelid ptosis...
- A simplified technique of ptosis repair using a single adjustable sutureM A Meltzer
Department of Ophthalmology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Ophthalmology 108:1889-92. 2001..It may readily be combined with other procedures such as blepharoplasty. It is also useful when the "ideal" lid level may not be determined until the postoperative period, ..
- Perioperative posterior ischemic optic neuropathy as a rare complication of blepharoplastyH Kordic
Department of Ophthalmology, Kantonsspital Aarau, Aarau, Switzerland
Ophthalmologica 219:185-8. 2005To report a case of visual loss to light perception in the right eye after upper and lower eyelid blepharoplasty.
- Infero-eyebrow blepharoplasty for the upper eyelids of elderly patientsTsutomu Hara
Hara Eye Hospital, Nishi 1 1 11, Utsunomiya 320 0861, Japan
Br J Ophthalmol 95:109-11. 2011..To describe a procedure for removing excess wrinkles from the upper lids of elderly patients...
- Infraeyebrow excision blepharoplasty for Japanese blepharochalasis: review of 35 patients over 60 years oldAkira Sugamata
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Tokyo Medical University Hachioji Medical Center, Tokyo, Japan
Scand J Plast Reconstr Surg Hand Surg 44:17-20. 2010..There were no serious complications. We conclude that infraeyebrow blepharoplasty with tucking of the orbital septum is a simple and effective treatment for blepharochalasis in older East ..
- What causes eyelid bags? Analysis of 114 consecutive patientsRobert Alan Goldberg
Division of Orbital and Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery, Jules Stein Eye Institute, and the Department of Ophthalmology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, Calif 90095 7006, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 115:1395-402; discussion 1403-4. 2005..The purpose of this study was to identify the anatomical basis for perception of lower eyelid bags in patients seeking aesthetic surgery and to evaluate the cumulative contribution of different anatomic characteristics before surgery...
- Extended upper blepharoplasty for lateral hooding of the upper eyelid using a scalpel-shaped excision: a 13-year experienceYaron Har-Shai
Unit of Plastic Surgery, Carmel Medical Center, and the Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
Plast Reconstr Surg 113:1028-35; discussion 1036. 2004..The accepted crescent-shaped blepharoplasty is somewhat convex, which is widest at the center of the lid with or without a lateral extension...
- Infrabrow excision blepharoplasty: applications and outcomes in upper blepharoplasty in Asian womenYoung Seok Kim
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Institute for Human Tissue Restoration, Yongdong Severance Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Plast Reconstr Surg 122:1199-205. 2008To avoid the somewhat operated look while effectively resolving shortcomings inherent in the conventional blepharoplasty technique, the authors propose an infrabrow excision blepharoplasty as a satisfying and useful alternative...
- Rejuvenation of the midface by elevating the malar fat pad: review of technique, cases, and complicationsBenoit C De Cordier
Divison of Plastic Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 110:1526-36; discussion 1537-40. 2002..This experience confirms that malar fat pad elevation is a safe and effective method to rejuvenate the central third of the face...
- Outcomes of anterior levator resection in congenital blepharoptosisC A Cates
Department of Ophthalmology, Salisbury District Hospital, Wiltshire, UK
Eye 15:770-3. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: In this series of patients, pre-operative levator function was found to be the most significant predictor of surgical outcome for anterior levator resection...
- Transblepharoplasty lower eyelid and midface rejuvenation: part II. Functional applications of midface elevationMichael Patipa
Oculoplastic and Orbital Consultants, West Palm Beach, FL 33407, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 113:1469-74, discussion 1475-7. 2004..The author has utilized the same techniques frequently used by aesthetic surgeons to elevate the lower eyelid and midface for patients, with improvement or resolution of their ocular complaints. The technique and results are presented...
- Evolution of technique of the direct transblepharoplasty approach for the correction of lower lid and midfacial aging: maximizing results and minimizing complications in a 5-year experienceT R Hester
Paces Plastic Surgery and Recovery Center, Atlanta, GA 30327, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 105:393-406; discussion 407-8. 2000During the past 5 years, the authors have used a direct trans-lower lid blepharoplasty subperiosteal approach to the lower lid and midface for the purpose of correction of midfacial aging in 757 patients...
- Blepharoplasty: laser or cold steel?B S Biesman
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA
Skin Therapy Lett 8:5-7. 2003b>Blepharoplasty of the upper and/or lower eyelids can restore a youthful appearance to the aging face. This is a minimally invasive procedure that can be accomplished with little bleeding and a small incision...
- Noninvasive lower eyelid blepharoplasty: a new technique using nonablative radiofrequency on periorbital skinJavier Ruiz-Esparza
University of California, San Diego, San Diego, California, USA
Dermatol Surg 30:125-9. 2004..Historically, correction has either been surgical through either transcutaneous or transconjunctival blepharoplasty or ablative through laser resurfacing or chemical peeling...
- Video-assisted endoscopic transtemporal multilayer upper midface lift (MUM-Lift)Antonio de la Fuente
Unit of Plastic Surgery, Hospital Ruber International, Spain
J Craniofac Surg 16:267-76. 2005..This newly introduced procedure is an exciting feature that has evolved into a useful modality. It provides natural and improved facial rejuvenation...
- Orbicularis transposition flap for muscle suspension in lower blepharoplastyCarlos E Carriquiry
School of Medicine, Universidad de la Republica, Montevideo, Uruguay
Ann Plast Surg 57:138-41. 2006Different problems can be encountered when planning a lower blepharoplasty, such as festoons, prominent fat bags, and a conspicuous transition from eyelid to cheek. Frequently, they occur simultaneously...
- Transblepharoplasty lower eyelid and midface rejuvenation: part I. Avoiding complications by utilizing lessons learned from the treatment of complicationsMichael Patipa
Oculoplastic and Orbital Consultants, West Palm Beach, FL 33407, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 113:1459-68; discussion 1475-7. 2004..This surgical approach can be utilized in all appropriate candidates but is especially useful in reoperative cosmetic surgery patients and the older patient population...
- [Which treatment for the malar bags?]R Rossarie
Service de chirurgie maxillofaciale, plastique et esthétique, centre hospitalier intercommunal R Ballanger, Boulevard Robert Ballanger, Aulnay sous Bois, France
Ann Chir Plast Esthet 54:57-70. 2009..Even taking into account its various evolutions, the standard lower eyelid blepharoplasty can correct neither the ptosis nor the excess of orbicularis oculi muscle, which appear to be the main ..
- Volumetric rejuvenation of the periorbital regionMark Glasgold
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey, USA
Facial Plast Surg 26:252-9. 2010..The incorporation of volume with these techniques based on the specific analysis of volume loss produces more natural appearing true rejuvenation...
- Blepharoplasty complicationsGary J Lelli
Division of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Ophthalmology, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 125:1007-17. 2010Postoperative complications of blepharoplasty range from cutaneous changes to vision-threatening emergencies. Some of these can be prevented with careful preoperative evaluation and surgical technique...
- Necrotizing fasciitis after cosmetic blepharoplastyI J Suner
Department of Ophthalmology, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami School of Medicine, Florida, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 128:367-8. 1999To report a case of necrotizing fasciitis after cosmetic blepharoplasty.
- Three-dimensional rejuvenation of the midface: volumetric resculpture by malar imbricationJ W Little
Division of Plastic Surgery, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 105:267-85; discussion 286-9. 2000....
- Restricted ocular movements following lower eyelid fat repositioningRobert A Goldberg
Division of Orbital and Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery, Jules Stein Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, University of California Los Angeles, 100 Stein Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7006, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 110:302-5; discussion 306-8. 2002
- Lower eyelid blepharoplasty: analysis of indications and the treatment of 100 patientsSamieh S Rizk
Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY 10021, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 111:1299-306; discussion 1307-8. 2003Traditionally, lower lid blepharoplasty has been confined to a choice of skin or skin-muscle flap transcutaneous blepharoplasty...
- MOC-PSSM CME article: BlepharoplastyAndrew P Trussler
Department of Plastic Surgery, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8820, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 121:1-10. 2008..Identify pertinent findings in the preoperative evaluation of the blepharoplasty patient that could affect operative management. 2...
- Efficacy of octyl-2-cyanoacrylate tissue glue in blepharoplasty. A prospective controlled study of wound-healing characteristicsD Greene
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Stanford University Medical Center, Calif, USA
Arch Facial Plast Surg 1:292-6. 1999To compare the surgical efficacy and wound-healing characteristics of the tissue adhesive octyl-2-cyanoacrylate (approved by the Food and Drug Administration) with traditional suture closure in upper blepharoplasty.
- Long-term results of lower-lid suspension blepharoplasty: a 30-year experienceCarlo P Honrado
The Larrabee Center for Facial Plastic Surgery and the Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Arch Facial Plast Surg 6:150-4. 2004Muscle suspension blepharoplasty remains a reliable method to tighten the loose skin and muscle of the lower eyelid.
- Transconjunctival versus transcutaneous approach in upper and lower blepharoplastyA A Jacono
Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, 310 East 14th Street, New York, NY 10003, USA
Facial Plast Surg 17:21-8. 2001In this article, we review the traditional transcutaneous upper lid blepharoplasty technique and contrast it to the newly described transconjunctival upper lid blepharoplasty technique that has limited indications...
- Innervation of the lower eyelid in relation to blepharoplasty and midface lift: clinical observation and cadaveric studyK Hwang
Department of Plastic Surgery, College of Medicine, Inha University, Inchon, Korea
Ann Plast Surg 47:1-5; discussion 5-7. 2001Ectropion or scleral show resulting from weakness of the lower eyelids is not uncommon after lower blepharoplasty or midface lift via blepharoplasty incision...
- The "mini tarsal strip" lateral canthopexy for lower eyelid laser-assisted blepharoplasty-indications, technique and complications in 614 casesJames H Oestreicher
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Orbit 29:7-10. 2010..We describe this procedure in the context of transconjunctival lower lid blepharoplasty.
- Long-term results of autogenous palmaris longus frontalis sling in children with congenital ptosisC Y Wong
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Eye (Lond) 19:546-8. 2005..To investigate the long-term outcome of using autogenous palmaris longus tendon (PLT) sling for correcting congenital ptosis in children...
- The concept of a glide zone as it relates to upper lid crease, lid fold, and application in upper blepharoplastyWilliam Pai Dei Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine, Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery Service, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 119:379-86. 2007
- Celebrity arcade suture blepharoplasty for double eyelidWen Chieh Liao
Taipei Veterans General Hospital and National Yang Ming University, Taiwan
Aesthetic Plast Surg 29:540-5. 2005..Suture blepharoplasty may create a relatively even and symmetric invagination fold...
- Subbrow blepharoplasty for upper eyelid rejuvenation in AsiansDaniel Lee
Aesthet Surg J 29:284-8. 2009Classical blepharoplasty removes supratarsal upper eyelid skin rather than subbrow skin. It does not adequately address the redundant skin of lateral hooding. Asians tend to have higher eyebrows than whites...
- Minor complications after blepharoplasty: dry eyes, chemosis, granulomas, ptosis, and scleral showSalvatore J Pacella
Division of Plastic Surgery, Scripps Clinic and Research Institute, and Paces Plastic Surgery, La Jolla, Calif, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 125:709-18. 2010b>Blepharoplasty remains one of the most popular operations in facial aesthetic surgery. Serious complications, which include blindness, retrobulbar hematoma, and ectropion, although relatively rare, are well reported in the literature...
- Excision of multiple eyelid apocrine hidrocystomas via an en-bloc lower eyelid blepharoplasty incisionJ D Henderer
Department of Ophthalmology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers 31:157-61. 2000..We report a surgical technique using a lower eyelid blepharoplasty incision to remove the confluent tumors of the lower eyelids en-bloc...
- Asian blepharoplasty: an 18-year experience in 6215 patientsArthi Kruavit
Division of Plastic and Maxillofacial Surgery, Department of Surgery, Ramathibodi Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Aesthet Surg J 29:272-83. 2009..However, the traditional long-incision, double-eyelid blepharoplasty procedure can result in eyelid swelling that lasts for months, resulting in the temporary appearance of an ..
- Comprehensive considerations in blepharoplasty in an Asian population: a 10-year experienceLingli Guo
Department of Plastic Surgery, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, 168 Changhai Road, Shanghai, China
Aesthetic Plast Surg 34:466-74. 2010This article discusses the effectiveness, patient selection criteria, complications, and the appropriate procedures for lower blepharoplasty in an Asian population.
- The efficacy of melilotus extract in the management of postoperative ecchymosis and edema after simultaneous rhinoplasty and blepharoplastyFengzhi Xu
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2nd Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Zhejiang, China
Aesthetic Plast Surg 32:599-603. 2008..This study was undertaken to determine the potential benefits of this herbal extract in treating postoperative ecchymosis and edema after simultaneous rhinoplasty and blepharoplasty.
- Improved visual acuity after frontalis sling surgery for simple congenital ptosisGustavo Rodríguez Salinas
Ramón Pando Ferrer Ophthalmology Institute, Havana, Cuba
MEDICC Rev 13:23-8. 2011..Among these patients in Cuba, those with the most complex clinical characteristics are generally referred to the Ramón Pando Ferrer Ophthalmology Institute in Havana...
- Upper blepharoplasty in the Asian patient: the "double eyelid" operationJohn A McCurdy
University of Hawaii, John A Burns School of Medicine, Honolulu, 96813, USA
Facial Plast Surg Clin North Am 13:47-64. 2005Upper Blepharoplasty in the Asian eye is a challenging procedure. This article aims to provide more than a basic description of upper blepharoplasty in the Asian patient...
- Cautery of the orbital septum during blepharoplastyPhillip H Choo
Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Service, Department of Ophthalmology, University of California Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 19:1-4. 2003..of a grid of electrocautery to the orbital septum to treat anteriorly prolapsed eyelid fat pads during blepharoplasty has been previously described...
- Comparison of materials used in frontalis suspensionB N Wasserman
Princeton Eye Laser Center, NJ 08540, USA. hhtp://www.princetonlaser.com
Arch Ophthalmol 119:687-91. 2001..Other materials are useful for temporary eyelid elevation. All materials carry the risk of potential infection and/or granuloma formation...
- Upper blepharoplasty in the Asian eyelidDavid W Kim
Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of California San Francisco, 2330 Post Street, 5th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94115 1809, USA
Facial Plast Surg Clin North Am 15:327-35, vi. 2007Upper-eyelid blepharoplasty in the Asian patient poses unique challenges. The anatomy is complex and highly variable, and the esthetic goals vary from patient to patient...
- Upper blepharoplasty with lateral segmental orbicularis excisionAlan D Widgerow
Department of Plastic Surgery, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Ann Plast Surg 50:471-4. 2003..elliptical excision of the lateral orbicularis oculi muscle larger than that traditionally described using the blepharoplasty incision...
- Modified technique and ptosis clamp for surgical correction of congenital pediatric ptosis by anterior levator resectionKayvan Keyhani
Department of Ophthalmology, The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, New York, New York, USA
Facial Plast Surg 23:156-61. 2007..The author has utilized this clamp and modified technique in over 350 lid surgeries over the past ten years...
- Extended infrabrow excision blepharoplasty for dermatochalasis in asiansAkihiro Ichinose
Department of Plastic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe University, Chuo Ku, Kobe, Japan
Arch Facial Plast Surg 13:327-31. 2011To describe extended infrabrow excision blepharoplasty (IBEB), whereby skin excision is extended to a substantial part of intrabrow skin and the intrabrow incision is made perpendicular to the hair shaft.
- Extended preseptal fat resection in Asian blepharoplastyAkihiro Ichinose
Department of Plastic Surgery, Kobe University, Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Ann Plast Surg 60:121-6. 2008The thickness of the upper eyelid is a bothersome condition that can be alleviated by blepharoplasty in Asians...
- Efficacy and efficiency of a small-incision, minimal dissection procedure versus a traditional approach for correcting aponeurotic ptosisBartley R Frueh
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, W K Kellogg Eye Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
Ophthalmology 111:2158-63. 2004..To compare the efficacy and efficiency of a new small anterior incision, minimal dissection ptosis procedure with that of a traditional anterior aponeurotic approach for the correction of aponeurotic ptosis...
- Blepharoplasty with ptosis repairJames H Carraway
Eastern Virginia Medical School, Division of Plastic Surgery, Virginia Beach, VA 23462, USA
Aesthet Surg J 29:54-61. 2009..The reader is presumed to have a broad understanding of aesthetic surgical procedures. After studying this article, the participant should be able to:..
- Re: "Effect of unilateral blepharoptosis on contralateral eyelid position"Kenneth S C Yuen
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 21:323-4; author reply 323. 2005
- [Quantitative eyelid evaluation of anophthalmic cavity carriers with external ocular prosthesis]Rodrigo Ueno Takahagi
Departamento de Oftalmologia, Otorrinolaringologia e Cirurgia de Cabeca e Pescoco, Faculdade de Medicina de Botucatu, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Botucatu, SP
Arq Bras Oftalmol 68:517-20. 2005..The authors intend to evaluate the eyelid position before and after the external prosthesis adaptation, using digital image processing techniques...
- Correcting aponeurotic ptosisDavid R Jordan
Ophthalmology 113:163-4; author reply 164. 2006
- Pathogenesis and surgical correction of dynamic lower scleral show as a sign of disinsertion of the levator aponeurosis from the tarsusKiyoshi Matsuo
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Nagano 390 8621, Japan
Br J Plast Surg 58:668-75. 2005..The former displaces the globe upwards and the latter retracts the lower eyelid, resulting in dynamic lower scleral show as a sign of disinsertion of the levator aponeurosis from the tarsus, which can be surgically corrected...
- Re: "Effect of unilateral blepharoptosis on contralateral eyelid position"Allen M Putterman
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 21:323; author reply 324. 2005
- Re: "Horizontal eyelid movement on eyelid closure"Naser Owji
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 21:474; author reply 474-5. 2005
- [Evaluation of the surgery results of Müller's muscle-conjunctival resection in the treatment of blepharoptosis]Serge Morax
Setor de Cirurgia Orbito Palpebral, Fondation Ophtalmologique A de Rothschild
Arq Bras Oftalmol 68:333-7. 2005..To evaluate the results of Müller's muscle-conjunctival resection for correction of blepharoptosis and to discuss the advantages of this procedure...
- Revisiting upper eyelid anatomy: introduction of the septal extensionRussell R Reid
Division of Plastic Surgery, Department of Pathology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 117:65-6; discussion 71-2. 2006..Often, the plastic surgeon performs ptosis and/or septal surgery in conjunction with blepharoplasty. The relationship between eyelid adnexal structures and upper eyelid function is a delicate but critical one...
- Floppy eyelid syndrome: quantifying the effect of horizontal tightening on upper eyelid positionDavid M Mills
Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery, Lions Eye Institute, Albany Medical Center, Albany, New York, USA
Ophthalmology 114:1932-6. 2007..To evaluate the change in upper eyelid position after horizontal surgical tightening in patients with floppy eyelid syndrome...
- Transblepharoplasty ptosis repair: three-step techniqueClinton D McCord
Paces Plastic Surgery, Atlanta, GA, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 120:1037-44. 2007..The authors studied the effectiveness of a technique for the quantitation of aponeurotic repair that is not a measured resection procedure, does not require voluntary patient cooperation, and can be performed under general anesthesia...
- Double-bridged flap procedure for nonmarginal, full-thickness, upper eyelid reconstructionJonathan J Dutton
Department of Ophthalmology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7040, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 23:459-62. 2007..To describe the technique and results of double-bridged flap reconstruction of full-thickness upper eyelid defects that spares the upper eyelid margin...
- Predictability of conjunctival-Müellerectomy for blepharoptosis repairEva Ayala
Hospital San Juan de Dios, Santa Cruz, Tenerife, Spain
Orbit 26:217-21. 2007..To assess the predictability of the algorithm used to determine the amount of tissue resection for conjunctival-Müellerectomy during blepharoptosis repair...
- Modified tarsal resection operation for congenital ptosis with fair levator functionSarit M Patel
Department of Ophthalmology, West Virginia University Eye Institute, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 24:1-6. 2008..The authors review their 10-year experience with an en bloc resection of tarsus, Müller muscle, and conjunctiva in conjunction with graded levator aponeurosis advancement (a variation of the tarsectomy operation)...
- Stability of silicone band frontalis suspension for the treatment of severe unilateral upper eyelid ptosis in infantsP Fogagnolo
G B Bietti Foundation IRCCS Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Roma Italy
Eur J Ophthalmol 18:723-7. 2008..To address the efficacy, safety, and stability of frontalis suspension of the upper eyelid with a silicone band for the treatment of severe congenital ptosis in infants...
- Transient descent of the contralateral eyelid in unilateral ptosis surgeryEdward J Wladis
Scheie Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 24:348-51. 2008..To report novel findings regarding contralateral eyelid height (i.e., intraoperative descent, followed by postoperative elevation) during unilateral ptosis surgery and to comment on their relevance in surgical planning...
- A randomized clinical trial of two methods of fascia lata suspension in congenital ptosisAbbas Bagheri
Department of Ophthalmology and Ophthalmic Research Center, Labbafinejad Medical Center, Shaheed Beheshti Medical University, Tehran, Iran
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 23:217-21. 2007..To compare the results of 2 methods of upper eyelid sling placement with autogenous fascia lata in the treatment of congenital ptosis...
- Transconjunctival levator aponeurotic repair without resection of Müller's muscleAkihiro Ichinose
Department of Plastic Surgery, Kobe University, Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Hyogo, Kobe, Japan
Aesthetic Plast Surg 31:279-84. 2007..Also, the surgeon needs to gain familiarity with the surgical anatomy of the everted eyelid. This method could, with refinements, become the procedure of choice for the correction of blepharoptosis in selected patients...
- Polytetrafluoroethylene as a spacer graft for the correction of lower eyelid retractionYong Jae Lee
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, University of Ulsan, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Ophthalmol 19:247-51. 2005..To evaluate the efficacy of porous expanded polytetrafluoroethylene (e-PTFE, Goretex) containing large pores made with a 21-gauge needle as a graft for the correction of lower lid retraction...
- Simple epicanthoplasty with minimal scarSo Ki Yi
Department of Plastic Surgery, College of Medicine, Catholic University of Korea, 505 Banpo Dong, Seocho Gu, Seoul, Korea
Aesthetic Plast Surg 31:350-3. 2007..Medial epicanthoplasty enhances the aesthetic result by lengthening the palpebral fissure horizontally, thus producing larger-looking, open eyes. This study describes the author's method for correcting the medial epicanthal fold...
- Regional nerve block of the upper eyelid in oculoplastic surgeryA R Ismail
Portsmouth Eye Unit, Queen Alexandra Hospital, Cosham, Portsmouth, UK
Eur J Ophthalmol 16:509-13. 2006..To establish the efficacy of a regional nerve block of the upper eyelid and its effect on levator motor function...
- Approaches for correcting aponeurotic ptosisKostas G Boboridis
Ophthalmology 113:1889-90; author reply 1890-1. 2006
- A modified posterior approach for upper eyelid retractionAudrey L G Looi
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of British Columbia, Canada
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 22:434-7. 2006....
- Tarsal switch levator resection for the treatment of blepharoptosis in patients with poor eye protective mechanismsSheri L Demartelaere
Texas Oculoplastic Consultants, Austin, Texas 78705, USA
Ophthalmology 113:2357-63. 2006..The authors report the use of a tarsal switch levator resection procedure that opens the palpebral fissure while reducing the risk of postoperative exposure in ptosis patients with poor eye protective mechanisms...
- Small incision subperiosteal and trans-blepharoplasty forehead and browliftI Mavrikakis
Corneo Plastic Unit, The Queen Victoria Hospital, Holtye Road, East Grinstead, RH19 3DZ, UK
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 60:195-200. 2007..small-incision subperiosteal forehead and browlift in patients undergoing associated upper eyelid blepharoplasty. This is a retrospective, non-comparative case series of 14 consecutive patients in 12 months...
- [Analysis of treatment results 389 patients with congenital blepharoptosis]Kazimierz Kobus
Kliniki Chirurgii Plastycznej Akademii Medycznej we Wrocławiu
Klin Oczna 110:159-65. 2008..Retrospective analysis of the results in the treatment of congenital blepharoptosis...
- Safety and efficacy of silicone rod frontalis suspension surgery for childhood ptosis repairCarrie L Morris
Duke University Eye Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus 45:280-8; quiz 289-90. 2008..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of silicone rod frontalis suspension surgery for childhood ptosis...
- Free tarsus autogenous graft struts for lower eyelid elevationRaman Malhotra
Corneo Plastic Unit, Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead, United Kingdom
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 21:117-22. 2005..We describe an augmentation of FTG in its use as a spacer, by way of creating 2 parallel-placed vertical FTG struts, in contrast to interpositioning the FTG horizontally...
- Nonincisional blepharoplasty using the debulking methodYoung Joon Lee
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Inje University Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Aesthetic Plast Surg 27:434-7. 2003..Thus blepharoplasty by the nonincisional method is performed frequently...
- Outcome and influencing factors of external levator palpebrae superioris aponeurosis advancement for blepharoptosisTimothy J McCulley
Stanford University School of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology, Stanford, California, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 19:388-93. 2003..To evaluate, in patients with acquired good-function blepharoptosis, levator advancement success and surgical failure risk factors...
- Frontalis muscle flap advancement for jaw-winking ptosisZafar U Islam
Khyber Institute of Opthalmic Medical Sciences, Hayatabad Medical Complex, Peshawar, Pakistan
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 18:365-9. 2002..To describe the technique and results of frontalis muscle flap advancement for correction of ptosis associated with jaw-winking...
- Lateral canthoplastyNorman Shorr
Division of Orbital and Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery, Jules Stein Eye Institute, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 19:345-52. 2003
- Orbicularis plication for ptosis: a third alternativeDaljit Singh
Dr Daljit Singh Eye Hospital, 1 Radha Soami Road, Amritsar 143002, India
Ann Ophthalmol (Skokie) 38:185-93. 2006..Over 9 years, 265 operations have been performed on a wide variety and severity of ptosis. The technique is a viable addition/alternative to the existing methods of ptosis surgery...