repeat cesarean section
Summary: Extraction of the fetus by abdominal hysterotomy anytime following a previous cesarean.
Publications166 found, 100 shown here
- Cesarean section by transfundal approach for placenta previa percreta attached to anterior uterine wall in a woman with a previous repeat cesarean section: case reportMasaki Ogawa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Akita University School of Medicine, Hondo 1 1 1, Akita 010 8543, Japan
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 83:115-6. 2004
- Predicting cesarean section and uterine rupture among women attempting vaginal birth after prior cesarean sectionGordon C S Smith
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Cambridge University, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS Med 2:e252. 2005....
- Vaginal birth after cesarean section: trial of labor or repeat cesarean section? A decision analysisDavid D Mankuta
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hadassah Hebrew University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Obstet Gynecol 189:714-9. 2003..The study was undertaken to analyze the decision for a trial of labor or a repeated cesarean section, after a prior cesarean section, with varying desire for an additional pregnancy...
- Maternal and perinatal outcomes associated with a trial of labor after prior cesarean deliveryMark B Landon
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Ohio State University, College of Medicine and Public Health, Columbus 43210 1228, USA
N Engl J Med 351:2581-9. 2004..The absolute and relative risks associated with a trial of labor in women with a history of cesarean delivery, as compared with elective repeated cesarean delivery without labor, are uncertain...
- Anesthesia for the repeat cesarean section in the parturient with abnormal placentation: what does an obstetrician need to know?Krzysztof M Kuczkowski
Department of Anesthesiology, University of California San Diego, USCD Medical Center 200 W Arbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92103 8770, USA
Arch Gynecol Obstet 273:319-21. 2006..I herein present the case of a pregnant patient with abnormal placentation and review the current state-of-the-art obstetric and anesthetic management of this complication...
- Combined logistic and Bayesian modeling of cesarean section riskGordon C S Smith
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Cambridge University, Box 223, The Rosie Hospital, Robinson Way, Cambridge, CB2 2QQ, United Kingdom
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:2029-34. 2004..This study was undertaken to develop a simple and robust method for predicting risk of cesarean section...
- Induction of labour after a previous caesarean section: a retrospective study in a district general hospitalS D Pathadey
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Alexandra Hospital, Redditch, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 25:662-5. 2005..This paper contributes to the literature on factors associated with vaginal delivery after induction of labour and previous caesarean section, which may inform the selection of cases, and consequent success rates for vaginal delivery...
- Need to know: vaginal birth after caesarean (part 2)Rosemary Mander
University of Edinburgh
Pract Midwife 7:31-5. 2004
- Information for women after CS: are they getting enough?Angela Lucas
Bell College, NHS Lanarkshire
RCM Midwives 7:472-5. 2004..Few women (n=9, 39%) addressed medical factors for their decision, compared to the majority of women (n=16, 69%) who addressed non-clinical and personal issues...
- Vaginal birth after cesarean revisitedMichael F Greene
N Engl J Med 351:2647-9. 2004
- Need to know: vaginal birth after caesarean. Part 1Rosemary Mander
University of Edinburgh
Pract Midwife 7:12-5. 2004
- Vaginal birth after Caesarean versus elective repeat Caesarean for women with a single prior Caesarean birth: a systematic review of the literatureJodie Dodd
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Adelaide, 72 King William Road, North Adelaide 5006, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 44:387-91. 2004..To assess the benefits and harms of planned elective repeat Caesarean section with planned vaginal birth after Caesarean section (VBAC)...
- Induction of labor with prostaglandin E2 in women with previous cesarean section and unfavorable cervixYariv Yogev
Perinatal Division and WHO Collaborating Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tikva 49100, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 116:173-6. 2004..To study the pregnancy outcome of induction of labor with prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) in women with one previous lower segment cesarean section...
- [Trial of labor after previous cesarean section]Jadranka Dizdarevic
Klinika za ginekologiju i akuserstvo, Klinicki centar Univerziteta Sarajevo
Med Arh 58:121-3. 2004Elective repeat cesarean section continues to remain the standard to care at GYK and OBST. Department in Sarajevo. This paper is a study of 216 patients with previous cesarean section who requested and were allowed a trial of labor...
- Sonographic imaging of cervical scars after Cesarean sectionE Z Zimmer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 23:594-8. 2004..To investigate whether uterine contractions at the time of a Cesarean section have an impact on future presence and location of a cervical Cesarean scar...
- Childbirth preferences after cesarean birth: a review of the evidenceKaren B Eden
Department of Medical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Birth 31:49-60. 2004..This review systematically evaluated and summarized the evidence related to women's preference for delivery...
- Predictive factors for vaginal birth after cesarean deliveryM K Cho
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chonnam National University Medical School, 8 Hakdong, Dongku, Gwangju, Korea
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 86:392-3. 2004
- Predicting failed trial of labor after primary cesarean deliveryMara J Dinsmoor
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical College of Virginia Physicians and Hospitals of the Virginia Commonwealth University Health System, Richmond, Virginia, USA
Obstet Gynecol 103:282-6. 2004..To apply published scoring systems retrospectively to patients who had undergone a trial of labor after cesarean delivery to estimate whether there was a score at which a trial of labor should be discouraged...
- Outcome of subsequent delivery after a previous early preterm cesarean sectionAnneke Kwee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Medical Centre Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 20:33-7. 2007..To determine the vaginal birth after cesarean section (VBAC) rate and risk of uterine rupture in women with a previous early preterm cesarean section...
- Risk factors for bladder injury during cesarean deliveryMaureen G Phipps
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brown Medical School, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Obstet Gynecol 105:156-60. 2005..To identify risk factors for bladder injury during cesarean delivery so as to inform patients and practitioners of these risks...
- Is vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC) or elective repeat cesarean safer in women with a prior vaginal delivery?Alison G Cahill
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University, St Louis, MO, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:1143-7. 2006..This study was undertaken to determine whether vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC) or elective repeat cesarean delivery is safer overall for a woman with a prior vaginal delivery...
- [Trial of labor after previous cesarean delivery: review of the literature]L Vercoustre
Département de gynécologie obstétrique, Pavillon Mère Enfant, Centre Hospitalier du Havre
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 35:35-45. 2006..The aim of this review was to relate the evolution of obstetrical management of delivery in women who had previously undergone cesarean delivery and to search the studies supporting the choice of the mode of delivery...
- Does the maxim "once a Caesarean, always a Caesarean" still hold true?Austin Ugwumadu
St George s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
PLoS Med 2:e305. 2005
- Repeat cesarean delivery: what indications are recorded in the medical chart?Mona T Lydon-Rochelle
Department of Family Child Nursing, School of Nursing, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Birth 33:4-11. 2006..3%) to 2003 (10.6%), with subsequent rising rates of repeat cesarean delivery. The study objective was to examine patterns of documented indications for repeat cesarean delivery in women with and without labor...
- Maternal and perinatal outcomes associated with a trial of labor after prior cesarean deliveryEmmanuel Bujold
J Midwifery Womens Health 50:363-4. 2005
- Vaginal birth after cesarean section: X-ray pelvimetry at term is informativeOlivier Sibony
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hospital Robert Debre, Paris, France
J Perinat Med 34:212-5. 2006..To examine whether X-ray pelvimetry data to evaluate the likelihood of vaginal birth after previous cesarean section...
- [Delivery of a macrosomic infant: factors predictive of failed labor]C Mazouni
Service de Gynécologie et d Obstétrique, Hopital de la Conception, Assistance Publique des Hôpitaux de Marseille APHM, 147, boulevard Baille, 13385 Marseille Cedex 5
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 35:265-9. 2006..To determine risk factors of failed labor in case of fetal macrosomia...
- The benefits and risks of inducing labour in patients with prior caesarean delivery: a systematic reviewMarian S McDonagh
Department of Medical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology and the Evidence Based Practice Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
BJOG 112:1007-15. 2005..To evaluate the risks and benefits of inducing labour in women with a prior caesarean delivery...
- Risk of uterine rupture with a trial of labor in women with multiple and single prior cesarean deliveryMark B Landon
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Obstet Gynecol 108:12-20. 2006..To determine whether the risk for uterine rupture is increased in women attempting vaginal birth after multiple cesarean deliveries...
- Guidelines for vaginal birth after previous Caesarean birthMarie Jocelyne Martel
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 27:164-88. 2005..To provide evidence-based guidelines for the provision of a trial of labour (TOL) after Caesarean section...
- Outcomes associated with a trial of labor after prior cesarean deliveryPrakeshkumar S Shah
N Engl J Med 352:1718-20; author reply 1718-20. 2005
- Outcomes associated with a trial of labor after prior cesarean deliveryDeborah L Kaplan
N Engl J Med 352:1718-20; author reply 1718-20. 2005
- Asymptomatic massive uterine rupture with a live birth outcomeR Khan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Whipp s Cross University Hospital NHS Trust, Leytonstone E11 1NR, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 24:825-6. 2004
- Evidence-based vaginal birth after Caesarean sectionJeanne Marie Guise
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Evidence Based Practice Center, Oregon Health and Science University, UHN 50, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 19:117-30. 2005..This chapter reviews the literature about the risks of VBAC, patient and management factors that may alter risk, and discusses ongoing research as well as suggestions for improving future research...
- Cocaine use during pregnancy and the failure of vaginal birth after cesareanBruno F Casanova
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pennsylvania Hospital, University of Pennsylvania, 800 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Reprod Med 50:663-8. 2005..To evaluate the failure rate of a trial of vaginal birth in women with singleton pregnancies and 1 prior cesarean section who reported using cocaine during the current pregnancy...
- Risks of induction of labour in women with a uterine scar from previous low transverse caesarean sectionAnna Locatelli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
BJOG 111:1394-9. 2004..We have assessed the risk of uterine rupture in a cohort of women with a previous low transverse caesarean section in whom induction and management of labour were performed according to a strict protocol...
- Vaginal birth after cesarean delivery in the West African settingR M K Adanu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Ghana Medical School, Accra, Ghana
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 98:227-31. 2007..To determine the fetal weight beyond which women with one previous cesarean delivery (CD) are most likely to have a repeat CD...
- Twin delivery after a previous caesarean: a twelve-year experienceAndrée Sansregret
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ste Justine Hospital, University of Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 25:294-8. 2003..To compare maternal and neonatal morbidities between trial of labour (TOL) and elective Caesarean section in women with twin pregnancies who have had a prior Caesarean...
- Clinical significance of uterine scar dehiscence in women with previous cesarean delivery: prevalence and independent risk factorsAsher Bashiri
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Soroka University Medical Center, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
J Reprod Med 53:8-14. 2008..To determine the prevalence and risk factors for uterine scar dehiscence in women following cesarean delivery (CD)...
- VBAC: protecting patients, defending doctorsMark Deutchman
Am Fam Physician 67:931-2, 935-6. 2003
- Management of previous cesarean sectionArijit Biswas
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, National University Hospital, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 15:123-9. 2003..This review will evaluate recent literature that might be responsible for this reversal in trend...
- Uterine rupture among women with a prior cesarean deliveryB Dale Magee
N Engl J Med 346:134-7. 2002
- Does the number of previous caesarean deliveries affect maternal outcome and complication rates?H A Alchalabi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan
East Mediterr Health J 13:544-50. 2007..Post-operative pyrexia was commoner in women with 3 or more previous caesarean sections compared to those undergoing their first one...
- Maternal morbidity following a trial of labor after cesarean section vs elective repeat cesarean delivery: a systematic review with metaanalysisA Cristina Rossi
IV Clinic of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:224-31. 2008..3%, 0.4%, 1%; 0.3%). Outcomes were more favorable in S-VBAC than ERCS. These findings show that a higher risk of UR/D in women planning VBAC than ERCS is counterbalanced by reduction of MM, UR/D. and hysterectomy when VBAC is successful...
- The safety of a trial of labor after cesarean section in a grandmultiparous populationEitan Kugler
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Soroka University Medical Center, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, 84101, Israel
Arch Gynecol Obstet 277:339-44. 2008..The purpose of the present study was to assess the risks of maternal and neonatal complications associated with VBAC compared to that of repeated elective cesarean section (CS) in the GMP population...
- Mode of delivery for the morbidly obese with prior cesarean delivery: vaginal versus repeat cesarean sectionS P Chauhan
Department of Maternal-Fetal Medicine at Spartanburg Regional Medical Center, SC, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 185:349-54. 2001..05, 3.02). CONCLUSION: The success rate for a vaginal delivery in the morbidly obese woman with a prior cesarean delivery is less than 15%, and more than half of the patients undergoing a trial of labor have infectious morbidity...
- [Vaginal birth after one previous cesarean section]Brynhildur Tinna Birgisdottir
Laeknabladid 94:591-7. 2008..To evaluate the frequency of different modes of delivery after one previous cesarean section and those factors which may influence mode of delivery...
- Cesarean delivery and subsequent pregnanciesAnne Kjersti Daltveit
Department of Public Health and Primary Health Care, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Obstet Gynecol 111:1327-34. 2008..To assess possible effects of a cesarean delivery on outcome in subsequent pregnancies...
- Comparison of cesarean section rates in fee-for-service versus managed care patients in the Ohio Medicaid population, 1992-1997S M Koroukian
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Am J Manag Care 7:134-42. 2001..To examine changes over time in the cesarean section rates for fee-for-service (FFS) beneficiaries versus enrollees of managed care programs (MCPs) in the Ohio Medicaid population...
- Cesarean section on request at 39 weeks: impact on shoulder dystocia, fetal trauma, neonatal encephalopathy, and intrauterine fetal demiseGary D V Hankins
The University of Texas Medical Branch, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Galveston, TX 77555 0587, USA
Semin Perinatol 30:276-87. 2006..occur annually in the United States, this would yield approximately 3 million pregnancies wherein the woman may exercise her choice for either primary or repeat cesarean section at 39 weeks EGA or at the point when labor is established.
- Obstetrical correlates of the first time cesarean section, compared with the repeated cesarean sectionGul Rukh Qazi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Postgraduate Medical Institute, Lady Reading Hospital, Peshawar
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 17:611-4. 2007..05). Conclusion: The frequency of first cesarean section and repeat cesarean section is high in our setup...
- TNF-alpha promotes caspase activation and apoptosis in human fetal membranesRamkumar Menon
The Perinatal Research Center, Women s Health Research and Education Foundation, The Women s Hospital, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Assist Reprod Genet 19:201-4. 2002..We have noted increased apoptosis in membranes derived from women with PROM. This study examines the role of TNF in promoting fetal membrane apoptosis...
- Uterine artery ligation for treatment of pregnant women with uterine leiomyomas who are undergoing cesarean sectionWei Min Liu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Taipei Medical University Hospital and Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Fertil Steril 86:423-8. 2006..To evaluate the therapeutic effects of uterine artery ligation for pregnant women with uterine leiomyomas, who are undergoing cesarean section...
- Synthesis of thyroid hormone binding proteins transthyretin and albumin by human trophoblastBrett McKinnon
Conjoint Endocrine Laboratory, Clinical Research Centre, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Base Hospitals PO, Herston, Queensland 4029, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:6714-20. 2005..Mechanisms regulating materno-fetal transfer of thyroid hormone are not well understood. Modulation of trophoblast type 3 iodothyronine deiodinase (D3) may play an important role...
- Torsion of the pregnant uterusS K Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 42:267-9. 2001..A 31-year-old woman, with a history of previous cesarean section and right oophorectomy, was admitted for a repeat cesarean section. After the commencement of surgery uterine torsion was diagnosed because of the anterior position of the ..
- Choice of abdominal incision and risk of trauma to the urinary bladder and bowel in multiple cesarean sectionsFrederick W Makoha
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Maternity and Children s Hospital, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 125:50-3. 2006..To determine if the midline subumbilical incision reduces the risk of trauma to bladder and bowel in women undergoing multiple cesarean sections...
- Subepidermal calcified nodule in a 7-month-old boyYaohui Xu
Section of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, IL 60637, SUA
Skinmed 6:44-5. 2007..The patient was born full term via repeat cesarean section. On physical examination, located on the right superior helix, there was a 5-6 mm, pink, firm papule with ..
- Vesicouterine fistula--an analysis of 24 cases from PolandM Jozwik
Department of Gynecology and Septic Obstetrics, School of Medicine, Białystok, Poland
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 57:169-72. 1997..This study was undertaken to evaluate what clinical events or situations are currently associated with the occurrence of vesicouterine fistula...
- Believing in birth--choosing VBAC: the childbirth expectations of a self-selected cohort of Australian womenJennifer Fenwick
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Curtin University and King Edward Memorial Hospital, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, WA, Australia
J Clin Nurs 16:1561-70. 2007..This study explored the childbirth expectations and knowledge of women who had experienced a caesarean and would prefer a vaginal birth in a subsequent pregnancy...
- Uterine rupture: risk factors and pregnancy outcomeKeren Ofir
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Health Services, Soroka University Medical Center, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Am J Obstet Gynecol 189:1042-6. 2003..This study aimed at determining risk factors and pregnancy outcome in women with uterine rupture...
- Cesarean delivery on maternal request: a western North Carolina perspectiveStephanie T Romero
MAHEC Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 93 Victoria Rd, Asheville, NC 28801, USA
Matern Child Health J 16:725-34. 2012..Responses were analyzed for candidates for CDMR or for repeat cesarean section, separately; the standard error of measure is ±4% (95% CI)...
- [The use of epidural ropivacaine for a gravida with disposition for malignant hyperthermia]Nobuhiro Matsuoka
Department of Anesthesiology, National Defense Medical College, Tokorozawa 359 8513
Masui 53:277-9. 2004..Forty minutes later the operation was performed and the patient was safely anesthetized by ropivacaine. Later at 37 weeks and 3 days pregnancy, cesarean section was performed with epidural ropivacaine...
- The frequency and complication rates of hysterectomy accompanying cesarean deliveryCynthia S Shellhaas
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ohio State University, Columbus, 43210, USA
Obstet Gynecol 114:224-9. 2009..To estimate the frequency, indications, and complications of cesarean hysterectomy...
- VBAC: a mother's storyNimi Rosine
Pract Midwife 10:28, 30. 2007
- Subarachnoid anesthesia for cesarean delivery in a parturient with Strümpell-Lorrain diseaseStéphane Deruddre
Anesth Analg 102:1910-1. 2006
- Cardiac myxoma presenting as dyspnea after cesarean deliveryAllison Wyman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Case Report Med 2012:487385. 2012..42-years old G(7)P(1051) presented with acute dyspnea postoperatively after an elected uncomplicated repeat cesarean section and tubal ligation...
- Birth outcomes among older mothers in rural versus urban areas: a residence-based approachSarka Lisonkova
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Rural Health 27:211-9. 2011....
- Trends in indications for caesarean sections over 7 years in a Welsh district general hospitalA P Choudhury
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Nevill Hall Hospital, Abergavenny, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 29:714-7. 2009..Despite heightened awareness and regular feedback, there has been no detectable reduction in CS rates. They appear instead to have increased with no change in the proportions of indications...
- Trial of labor and vaginal birth after cesarean section in patients with uterine Müllerian anomalies: a population-based studyOffer Erez
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Soroka Medical Center, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Am J Obstet Gynecol 196:537.e1-11. 2007....
- [A case of post-spinal tinnitus which improved after undergoing epidural anesthesia]Hiroki Hasegawa
Hospital, Sapporo 062 8618 Division of Anesthesia, Hokkaido Social Insurance
Masui 59:1254-6. 2010..It is conceivable that moderate quantities of local anesthetics into the epidural space might have acted as an effective method similar to that of epidural physiologic saline injection in order to improve the cerebrospinal pressure...
- Complications due to adhesion formation following cesarean sections: a review of deliveries in three casesMichael Sbarra
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey New Jersey Medical School
Fertil Steril 92:394.e13-6. 2009..To describe complications due to adhesion formation following cesarean sections and methods to prevent adhesion formation...
- Streptococcal A infection: reemerging and virulentMary Ellen Burke Sosa
Perinatal Resources, Rumford, Rhode Island, USA
J Perinat Neonatal Nurs 23:141-7; quiz 148-9. 2009..The Joint Commission and the International Surviving Sepsis Campaign have placed patient safety and early recognition and treatment of sepsis as major initiatives to improving patient outcomes...
- Uterine compression sutures for postpartum hemorrhage: efficacy, morbidity, and subsequent pregnancyThomas F Baskett
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Obstet Gynecol 110:68-71. 2007..To review the efficacy, morbidity, and subsequent pregnancy outcome after uterine compression sutures for severe postpartum hemorrhage...
- False-positive quadruple screen test for trisomy 18 in a patient with a fetus with Bloom's syndromeLaxmi Baxi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, Sloane Hospital for Women at Columbia University Medical Center of NY Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY, USA
Fetal Diagn Ther 22:318-20. 2007..We propose that the adverse outcome of the pregnancy with false-positive serum analyte testing for trisomy 18 might result from a small-sized placenta and perhaps pathology at receptor level...
- Vaginal birth after caesarean (part 3)Cynthia Clarkson
National Childbirth Trust
Pract Midwife 9:34-7. 2006
- Evaluation of pregnant women with scarred uterus in a low resource settingAnjoo Agarwal
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, King George s Medical University, Lucknow UP, India
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 33:651-4. 2007..Management of post cesarean pregnancy continues to be a dilemma. The present study was undertaken to evaluate the outcome of such pregnancies in a resource constrained setting so that an appropriate management protocol can be decided...
- Incidence and determinants of peripartum hysterectomyMaura K Whiteman
Division of Reproductive Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341 3724, USA
Obstet Gynecol 108:1486-92. 2006..The objective of this study was to provide a national estimate of the incidence of peripartum hysterectomy and to examine factors associated with the procedure...
- Maternal mortality: more than just anecdotal evidenceA B Caughey
J Perinatol 27:595-6. 2007
- Vaginal birth after caesarean (part 1)Cynthia Clarkson
National Childbirth Trust
Pract Midwife 9:22-5. 2006
- Ultrasound identification of extreme thinning of lower uterine segment after four caesarean deliveriesR Fox
Division of Women s and Children s Health, Taunton and Somerset Hospital, Taunton, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 26:467-8. 2006
- Long-term outcomes of two different surgical techniques for cesareanA F Nabhan
University of Ain Shams, Cairo, Egypt
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 100:69-75. 2008..To assess the rate of adhesions and other long-term outcomes of two cesarean delivery techniques...
- Abdominal scar characteristics as a predictor of intra-abdominal adhesions at repeat cesarean deliveryRaed Salim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ha Emek Medical Center, Afula, Israel
Fertil Steril 90:2324-7. 2008..To investigate whether abdominal scar characteristics could predict the incidence and severity of intra-abdominal adhesions found at repeat cesarean delivery...
- Postpartum ovarian vein thrombosisDavid A Klima
Division of General Obstetrics and Gynecology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas, USA
Obstet Gynecol 111:431-5. 2008
- Incisional hernia with bowel incarceration and obstruction at 34 weeks gestational ageBrett C Young
Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Arch Gynecol Obstet 279:905-7. 2009..Hernias commonly coexist with pregnancy; however, an incarcerated hernia with bowel obstruction is rare at advanced gestation and requires urgent intervention...
- Vaginal birth after caesarean section versus elective repeat caesarean section: assess neonatal downstream outcomes tooJ S Cohain
BJOG 113:852-3; author reply 853-4. 2006
- Prenatal diagnosis of fetal seizure: a case reportEui Jung
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine, Kyunghee University, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 23:906-8. 2008..At 36 weeks of gestation, an emergency repeat Cesarean section was performed because of a premature rupture of the membranes and a male infant weighing 4,295 gm was ..
- Incidence and correlates of cesarean section in a capital city of a middle-income countryHala Tamim
Department of Kinesiology and Health Sciences, York University, Canada
J Perinat Med 35:282-8. 2007..To determine the prevalence and correlates of cesarean deliveries (CS) in Beirut...
- Intermenstrual bleeding secondary to cesarean scar diverticuli: report of three casesS S Erickson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, USA
Obstet Gynecol 93:802-5. 1999..The differential diagnosis of intermenstrual bleeding includes structural lesions of the endometrium and cervix...
- Risk of stillbirth after previous caesarean sectionJennifer J Kurinczuk
Lancet 363:402. 2004
- Posterior uterine rupture in a woman with a previous Cesarean deliveryR Figueroa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Winthrop University Hospital, Mineola, New York, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 14:130-1. 2003..A posterior uterine wall rupture extending from the fundus to the vagina was repaired in layers. The neonate had an Apgar score of 2 and 4 and expired on the 7th day of life...
- Uncommon type of placentation after previous cesarean deliveriesIstván Krasznai
I Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Obstet Gynecol 102:549-51. 2003..A rare type of placentation leading to cesarean delivery and hysterectomy is described...
- Trial of labour after two or three previous caesarean sectionsWilbert A Spaans
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Gelre Ziekenhuis, P O Box 9014, 7300 DS, Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 110:16-9. 2003..To investigate the safety of a trial of labour (TOL) after two or three previous caesarean sections...
- Trial of labor or repeated cesarean section. The woman's choiceR G Roberts
Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison 53715, USA
Arch Fam Med 6:120-5. 1997..To develop recommendations for the preferred delivery method for a pregnant woman who underwent a previous low transverse cesarean section and who has no contraindications to labor...
- Silent dehiscence of caesarean section scar with placenta accreta: a case reportN E Maria
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Wexham Park Hospital, Slough, UK
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 82:294-7. 2003
- Trial of labour compared to elective Caesarean in twin gestations with a previous Caesarean deliveryTina Delaney
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 25:289-92. 2003..To compare maternal and neonatal outcomes in twin gestations with a vertex presenting first twin undergoing either an elective repeat Caesarean section or a trial of labour subsequent to having had a Caesarean delivery in a prior pregnancy...
- [The impact of some factors on obstetrical management in women with previous cesarean section]M Lukanova
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecokogy, Medical University Pleven
Akush Ginekol (Sofiia) 41:7-10. 2002....
- Maternal morbidity after elective repeat caesarean section after two or more previous proceduresCaoimhe M Lynch
Coombe Women s Hospital, 8, Dublin, Ireland
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 106:10-3. 2003....
- Uterine rupture among women with a prior cesarean deliveryLinda J Heffner
N Engl J Med 346:134-7. 2002
- Unwanted caesarean sections among public and private patients in Brazil: prospective studyJ E Potter
University of Texas at Austin, Population Research Center, Austin, Texas, USA
BMJ 323:1155-8. 2001..High or rising rates of caesarean sections do not necessarily reflect demand for surgical delivery...
- Recent trends in caesarean delivery rates and indications for caesarean delivery in CanadaShiliang Liu
Health Surveillance and Epidemiology Division, Centre for Healthy Human Development, Health Canada, Ottawa, ON
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 26:735-42. 2004..To examine recent trends in Caesarean delivery rates as well as the indications for Caesarean delivery in Canada, excluding the provinces of Manitoba and Quebec...
- Vaginal delivery in birth centre after previous caesarean sectionRory Windrim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario M5 g 1X5, Canada
Lancet 365:106-7. 2005
- Evaluating the Clinical Impact of Simulation & Team Training on OB SafetyJeanne Marie Guise; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our current work evaluates performance in the simulated environment; this proposal focuses on the translation of simulation and team training to the clinical environment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Epidemiology of Fecal Incontinence after ChildbirthJeanne Marie Guise; Fiscal Year: 2004..These data will provide a better understanding of the extent of the problem and will provide data essential for future trials of prevention and treatment of fecal incontinence. ..
- Improving Safety and Quality with Integrated TechnologyJeanne Marie Guise; Fiscal Year: 2006..The findings, though applied specifically for OB, can be applied to many areas of medicine and surgery. The findings will provide inpatient and outpatient HIT stakeholders needed information to make important decisions. ..
- CHLORHEXIDINE IRRIGATION TO PREVENT INFECTIONDwight Rouse; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Preventing Postpartum Depression in Adolescent MothersMaureen Phipps; Fiscal Year: 2008..Findings from this study will have important implications for preventing significant morbidity in adolescent mothers and their children. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Surveillance Strategies Following Treatment for CINJoy Melnikow; Fiscal Year: 2007..Alternative strategies for post-treatment surveillance will be evaluated. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MULTICENTER NETWORK OF NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE UNITST O SHEA; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Cesarean After Sphincter Tear (CAST) RCT Planning GrantAnthony Visco; Fiscal Year: 2005..The upfront investment of time and resources will result in the submission of an efficient and well-designed R01 application that can be implemented in a timely fashion. ..
- MIDCAREER AWARD IN PATIENT ORIENTED OBSTETRIC RESEARCHDwight Rouse; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally, the effectiveness of an intervention (how it would perform under conditions of actual clinical practice) is an attribute that, in many situations, is as important as its efficacy (how it performs under ideal conditions). ..
- MOLECULAR AND BIOCHEMICAL STUDY OF COLLAGEN IN PROLAPSEAnthony Visco; Fiscal Year: 2002..This study would be the first large-scale comprehensive description of collagen cross-linking, lysine hydroxylation, and of genes coding for enzymes involved in the cross-linking process, in patients with pelvic organ prolapse. ..
- TAMOXIFEN & BREAST CANCER--ACCEPTANCE/COST EFFECTIVENESSJoy Melnikow; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Function of the Urethra in Continent WomenKimberly Kenton; Fiscal Year: 2008..Normative ranges will be calculated for EMG, current perception thresholds, and urethral pressures for Caucasian and African American women. These data can then be used by other centers as reference data. [unreadable] [unreadable]..