Genomes and Genes
Summary: The examination, therapy or surgery of the cervix and vagina by means of a specially designed endoscope introduced vaginally.
Publications312 found, 100 shown here
- Performance of carcinogenic human papillomavirus (HPV) testing and HPV16 or HPV18 genotyping for cervical cancer screening of women aged 25 years and older: a subanalysis of the ATHENA studyPhilip E Castle
American Society for Clinical Pathology Institute, Washington, DC 20005, USA
Lancet Oncol 12:880-90. 2011..We did a subanalysis of this population to compare the screening performance of the cobas HPV test versus liquid-based cytology in women aged 25 years and older, and assess management strategies for HPV-positive women...
- Human papillomavirus and Papanicolaou tests to screen for cervical cancerPontus Naucler
Department of Medical Microbiology, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
N Engl J Med 357:1589-97. 2007....
- Human papillomavirus testing in the prevention of cervical cancerMark Schiffman
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:368-83. 2011..The greatest potential for reduction in cervical cancer rates from HPV screening is in low-resource regions that can implement infrequent rounds of low-cost HPV testing and treatment...
- Comparison of predictors for high-grade cervical intraepithelial neoplasia in women with abnormal smearsAnne Szarewski
Cancer Research UK Centre for Epidemiology, Mathematics and Statistics, Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, Charterhouse Square, London EC1M 6BQ, United Kingdom
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:3033-42. 2008..This study compared the sensitivity and specificity of several adjunctive tests for the detection of high-grade CIN in a population referred to colposcopy because of abnormal cytology.
- Performance of p16/Ki-67 immunostaining to detect cervical cancer precursors in a colposcopy referral populationNicolas Wentzensen
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:4154-62. 2012..However, the specificity of HPV DNA testing is limited, requiring additional, more disease-specific markers for efficient screening approaches...
- European guidelines for quality assurance in cervical cancer screening: recommendations for clinical management of abnormal cervical cytology, part 1J Jordan
Birmingham Women s Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Cytopathology 19:342-54. 2008..or with an equivocal cytology result and a positive human papillomavirus (HPV) test should be referred for colposcopy. The role of the colposcopist is to identify the source of the abnormal cells and to make an informed decision ..
- Accuracy of visual inspection with acetic acid for cervical cancer screeningCatherine Sauvaget
Early Detection and Prevention Section, Screening Group, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 113:14-24. 2011..To provide an updated estimation of the accuracy of visual inspection with acetic acid (VIA) in detecting true disease...
- American Cancer Society, American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology, and American Society for Clinical Pathology screening guidelines for the prevention and early detection of cervical cancerDebbie Saslow
Breast and Gynecologic Cancer, Cancer Control Science Department, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
J Low Genit Tract Dis 16:175-204. 2012..contributions from six working groups, and a recent symposium co-sponsored by the ACS, American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (ASCCP), and American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), which was attended by 25 ..
- Significance of HPV 16 and 18 viral load quantitation in women referred for colposcopyXavier Carcopino
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Marseille, Hopital Nord, Marseille, France
J Med Virol 84:306-13. 2012..for optimal prediction of grade 2 or higher cervical intraepithelial neoplasia among patients referred to colposcopy. A total of 186 cervico-vaginal specimens harboring HPV 16 and/or 18 obtained at the time of colposcopy from ..
- Accuracy of colposcopy-directed punch biopsies: a systematic review and meta-analysisM Underwood
Department of Gynaecological Oncology, University Hospital of North Staffordshire, Stoke on Trent, UK
BJOG 119:1293-301. 2012The colposcopy-directed punch biopsy is widely used in the management of women with abnormal cervical cytology; however, its accuracy compared with definitive histology from an excision biopsy is not well established.
- Accuracy of visual screening for cervical neoplasia: Results from an IARC multicentre study in India and AfricaRengaswamy Sankaranarayanan
Unit of Descriptive Epidemiology, International Agency for Research on Cancer, 150 cours Albert Thomas, 69372 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Int J Cancer 110:907-13. 2004..A common protocol and questionnaire was used. For final diagnosis, all women were investigated with colposcopy and biopsies were taken when necessary...
- Human papillomavirus DNA versus Papanicolaou screening tests for cervical cancerMarie Helene Mayrand
Department of Oncology and Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
N Engl J Med 357:1579-88. 2007..To determine whether testing for DNA of oncogenic human papillomaviruses (HPV) is superior to the Papanicolaou (Pap) test for cervical-cancer screening, we conducted a randomized trial comparing the two methods...
- Colposcopically directed biopsy, random cervical biopsy, and endocervical curettage in the diagnosis of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia II or worseRobert G Pretorius
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Southern California Permanente Medical Group, Fontana, CA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:430-4. 2004..Study design During a screening study, 364 women with satisfactory colposcopy and > or =CIN II were diagnosed. All colposcopically detected lesions were biopsied...
- The psychological impact of abnormal cytology and colposcopyK E Rogstad
Department of Genitourinary Medicine, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK
BJOG 109:364-8. 2002
- Adolescent sexual assault: documentation of acute injuries using photo-colposcopyJ A Adams
University of California, San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, CA 92103 8449, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 14:175-80. 2001..To document the frequency and types of genital injuries in adolescent women examined acutely following a sexual assault, and determine any historical correlates of injury...
- A novel optical imaging method for the early detection, quantitative grading, and mapping of cancerous and precancerous lesions of cervixC Balas
FO R T H Institute of Electronic Structure and LASER, P O Box 1527, 71110 Heraklion Crete Greece
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 48:96-104. 2001..The demonstrated improved sensitivity and specificity highlight the potential of the method in both clinical research and noninvasive diagnosis...
- Long term review of laparoscopic sacrocolpopexyP J Higgs
Urogynaecology Department, Royal Women s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
BJOG 112:1134-8. 2005..Assessment of long term outcome following laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy...
- Effective cervical neoplasia detection with a novel optical detection system: a randomized trialRonald D Alvarez
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
Gynecol Oncol 104:281-9. 2007To assess whether the use of a novel optical detection system (ODS) as an adjunct to colposcopy increases the detection of biopsy-confirmed CIN 2,3.
- Comparison of visual inspection with acetic acid and cervical cytology to detect high-grade cervical neoplasia among HIV-infected women in IndiaVikrant V Sahasrabuddhe
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, USA
Int J Cancer 130:234-40. 2012..India, by simultaneous and independent screening with VIA and cervical cytology with disease ascertainment by colposcopy and histopathology...
- A prospective Swedish cohort study on psychosocial factors influencing anxiety in women referred for colposcopyC Hellsten
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
BJOG 114:32-8. 2007To elucidate risk factors for high state anxiety in women referred for colposcopy.
- Liquid compared with conventional cervical cytology: a systematic review and meta-analysisMarc Arbyn
Scientific Institute of Public Health, Brussels, Belgium
Obstet Gynecol 111:167-77. 2008..To compare test performance characteristics of conventional Pap tests and liquid-based cervical cytology samples...
- Direct comparison of liquid-based and conventional cytology in a South African screening trialSylvia Taylor
Department of Pathology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Int J Cancer 118:957-62. 2006..Directly following collection of the cytology specimen, all women underwent colposcopy with endocervical curettage and biopsy of all colposcopic abnormalities...
- HPV screening for cervical cancer in rural IndiaRengaswamy Sankaranarayanan
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
N Engl J Med 360:1385-94. 2009....
- Screening and adenocarcinoma of the cervixPeter Sasieni
Cancer Research UK Centre for Epidemiology, Mathematics and Statistics, Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, Bart s and the London School of Medicine, Queen Mary University of London, Charterhouse Square, London, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 125:525-9. 2009..The impact of screening on adenosquamous carcinoma is similar to its impact on squamous carcinoma...
- Use of p16-INK4A overexpression to increase the specificity of human papillomavirus testing: a nested substudy of the NTCC randomised controlled trialFrancesca Carozzi
Centre for Cancer Study and Prevention, Florence, Italy
Lancet Oncol 9:937-45. 2008..We assessed whether HPV testing with triage by p16-INK4A overexpression can increase specificity while maintaining sensitivity...
- Identifying women with cervical neoplasia: using human papillomavirus DNA testing for equivocal Papanicolaou resultsM M Manos
Division of Research, Northern California Kaiser Permanente Medical Group, Oakland 94611, USA
JAMA 281:1605-10. 1999..Only 5% to 10% of women with ASCUS harbor serious cervical disease, but more than one third of the high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions (HSILs) in screening populations are identified from ASCUS Pap test results...
- HPV DNA testing of self-collected vaginal samples compared with cytologic screening to detect cervical cancerT C Wright
Department of Pathology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
JAMA 283:81-6. 2000..In many other regions of the world, there is only limited access to cervical cancer screening...
- The Swede score: evaluation of a scoring system designed to improve the predictive value of colposcopyJulie Bowring
Academic Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Colposcopy Unit, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
J Low Genit Tract Dis 14:301-5. 2010It has been suggested that the accuracy of colposcopy is less reliable than once presumed...
- More questions about the accuracy of colposcopy: what does this mean for cervical cancer prevention?J Thomas Cox
Obstet Gynecol 111:1266-7. 2008
- Detection of human papillomavirus genotypes among high-risk women: a comparison of hybrid capture and linear array testsJoseph Monsonego
Institut Alfred Fournier Paris, France
Sex Transm Dis 35:521-7. 2008..To assess the concordance and performance of 2 different assays in detection of human papillomavirus (HPV) genotypes among women with abnormal Pap smear...
- The use of electrical impedance spectroscopy in the detection of cervical intraepithelial neoplasiaS Abdul
Sheffield Gynaecological Cancer Centre, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:1823-32. 2006..A prospective observational study recruited women referred to colposcopy with an abnormal Papanicolaou smear...
- Inclusion of HPV testing in routine cervical cancer screening for women above 29 years in Germany: results for 8466 patientsK U Petry
Abteilung für gynäkologische Onkologie MHH, Hannover, Germany
Br J Cancer 88:1570-7. 2003In a prospective cohort study 8466 women attending routine cervical cancer screening were recruited. Colposcopy was performed on women with any degree of atypia on cytology and/or a positive high-risk human papillomavirus (HPV)-DNA test (..
- Stepwise algorithm combining HPV high-risk DNA-based assays and RNA-based assay for high grade CIN in women with abnormal smears referred to colposcopyPhilippe Halfon
Hopital Ambroise Pare, Marseille, France
Cancer Biomark 7:133-9. 2010..The detection of high-risk human papillomavirus (HPV) DNA provides higher sensitivity but lower specificity than cytology for the identification of high-grade cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN)...
- The performance of a new scoring system for colposcopy in detecting high-grade dysplasia in the uterine cervixBjorn Strander
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Goteborg, Goteborg, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 84:1013-7. 2005..To construct a simple scoring system for colposcopic examination that can facilitate education of colposcopists and increase the accuracy of evaluation...
- Who defaults from colposcopy? A multi-centre, population-based, prospective cohort study of predictors of non-attendance for follow-up among women with low-grade abnormal cervical cytologyLinda Sharp
National Cancer Registry Ireland, Cork Airport Business Park, Kinsale Road, Cork, Ireland
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 165:318-25. 2012The success of cervical screening relies on women with abnormal cervical cytology attending for follow-up by colposcopy and related procedures. Failure to attend for colposcopy, however, is a common problem in many countries...
- 2011 colposcopic terminology of the International Federation for Cervical Pathology and ColposcopyJacob Bornstein
Nomenclature Committee of the International Federation for Cervical Pathology and Colposcopy, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Western Galilee Hospital, and the Bar Ilan University Faculty of Medicine, Nahariya, Israel
Obstet Gynecol 120:166-72. 2012New colposcopy terminology was prepared by the Nomenclature Committee of the International Federation of Cervical Pathology and Colposcopy after a critical review of previous terminologies, online discussions, and discussion with national ..
- Risk of preterm birth after treatment for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia among women attending colposcopy in England: retrospective-prospective cohort studyAlejandra Castanon
Centre for Cancer Prevention, Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, Queen Mary University of London, London EC1M 6BQ, UK
BMJ 345:e5174. 2012To explore the association between preterm delivery and treatment at colposcopy.
- The Lower Anogenital Squamous Terminology Standardization Project for HPV-Associated Lesions: background and consensus recommendations from the College of American Pathologists and the American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical PathologyTeresa M Darragh
Departments of Pathology and Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Science, University of California San Francisco Mt Zion Medical Center, 1600 Divisadero St, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
J Low Genit Tract Dis 16:205-42. 2012..Terminology (LAST) Project was cosponsored by the College of American Pathologists and the American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology and included 5 working groups; 3 work groups performed comprehensive literature reviews ..
- The up-to-date evidence on colposcopy practice and treatment of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia: the Cochrane colposcopy & cervical cytopathology collaborative group (C5 group) approachM Kyrgiou
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Hammersmith Hospital, Queen Charlotte s and Chelsea Hospital, London W12 0HS, UK
Cancer Treat Rev 32:516-23. 2006This overview presents the up-to-date evidence on colposcopy practice and other diagnostic modalities such as HPV DNA test and cytology for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN)...
- Subsequent risk and presentation of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) 3 or cancer after a colposcopic diagnosis of CIN 1 or lessRobert G Pretorius
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Southern California Permanente Medical Group, Fontana, CA 92335, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:1260-5. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine the risk and presentation of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) 3 or cancer after colposcopic diagnosis of CIN 1 or less...
- The Lower Anogenital Squamous Terminology Standardization project for HPV-associated lesions: background and consensus recommendations from the College of American Pathologists and the American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical PathologyTeresa M Darragh
University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Int J Gynecol Pathol 32:76-115. 2013..LAST) project was co-sponsored by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and the American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (ASCCP) and included 5 working groups; three work groups performed comprehensive ..
- Have we dismissed ablative treatment too soon in colposcopy practice?E Paraskevaidis
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece
BJOG 114:3-4. 2007
- Age-group differences in human papillomavirus types and cofactors for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia 3 among women referred to colposcopyJulia W Gargano
Division of High Consequence Pathogens and Pathology, National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, MS C09, 1600 Clifton Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 21:111-21. 2012..Here, we assess age-group differences in HPV types and other risk factors for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) grade 3 or worse (CIN3+) versus CIN0-2 in women from four colposcopy clinics.
- Regression of low-grade squamous intra-epithelial lesions in young womenAnna Barbara Moscicki
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Lancet 364:1678-83. 2004..The aim of this study was to assess the probability of low-grade squamous intra-epithelial lesion (LSIL) regression in young women, and to examine the factors associated with this regression...
- Loop excision for high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion on cytology: correlation with colposcopic and histologic findingsDennis C Szurkus
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Naval Medical Center, PSC 1003 Box 8, San Diego FPO AE, CA 09728, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:1180-2. 2003....
- Chlamydia trachomatis, herpes simplex virus 2, and human T-cell lymphotrophic virus type 1 are not associated with grade of cervical neoplasia in Jamaican colposcopy patientsPhilip E Castle
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Sex Transm Dis 30:575-80. 2003..A few recent studies have suggested that other sexually transmitted infections may increase the likelihood of a human papillomavirus (HPV) infection progressing to high-grade cervical neoplasia and cancer...
- Role of P16(INK4a) expression in identifying CIN2 or more severe lesions among HPV-positive patients referred for colposcopy after abnormal cytologyFrancesca Carozzi
Center for the Study and Prevention of Cancer, Florence, Italy
Cancer 108:119-23. 2006....
- Prevalence of type-specific human papillomavirus in endocervical, upper and lower vaginal, perineal and vaginal self-collected specimens: Implications for vaginal self-collectionJerome L Belinson
Department of Gynecology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
Int J Cancer 127:1151-7. 2010..The principal cause of the lower specificity of self-collected specimens is HR-HPV present solely in the vagina, which is not associated with > or = CIN 2...
- Laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy for the correction of vaginal vault prolapseChandru P Sundaram
Department of Urology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Endourol 18:620-3; discussion 623-4. 2004..Laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy offers a minimally invasive approach to correcting vaginal vault prolapse. We describe our operative technique and review our experience...
- Interobserver agreement for colposcopy quality control using digitized colposcopic images during the ALTS trialDaron G Ferris
Gynecologic Cancer Prevention Center, Department of Family Medicine, The Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
J Low Genit Tract Dis 9:29-35. 2005To estimate interobserver agreement among colposcopy quality control reviewers viewing digitized cervical images during the Atypical Squamous Cells of Undetermined Significance/Low-Grade Squamous Intraepithelial Lesion Triage Study (ALTS).
- A randomised comparison of SurePath liquid-based cytology and conventional smear cytology in a colposcopy clinic settingP H Sykes
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Otago, Christchurch, New Zealand
BJOG 115:1375-81. 2008..The objective of this study was to compare the sensitivity of cervical cytology using conventional smears and SurePath liquid-based cytology (LBC)...
- Regardless of skill, performing more biopsies increases the sensitivity of colposcopyRobert G Pretorius
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Southern California Permanente Medical Group Fontana, Fontana, CA, USA
J Low Genit Tract Dis 15:180-8. 2011..cervical intraepithelial neoplasia [CIN], or cancer) for CIN 3 or cancer (CIN 3+) among physicians and to estimate the increase in yield of CIN 3+ per colposcopy associated with "random" biopsies and/or endocervical curettage (ECC).
- Detection of cervical infections in colposcopy clinic patientsS Lanham
Department of Molecular Microbiology, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton SO16 6YD, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 39:2946-50. 2001..The presence of human herpesvirus 7 may increase the oncogenic potential of moderate-risk human papillomavirus types...
- Heterogeneity in CIN3 diagnosisMark Schiffman
Lancet Oncol 9:404-6. 2008
- Visual inspection for cervical cancer screening: evaluation by doctor versus paramedical workerN Bhatla
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110 029, India
Indian J Cancer 41:32-6. 2004..In the absence of an effective cervical cancer screening programme, efforts are being made to explore the feasibility of using the existing infrastructure to develop effective low-cost screening methods...
- Digital tools for collecting data from cervigrams for research and training in colposcopyJose Jeronimo
Hormonal and Reproductive Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics DCEG, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Low Genit Tract Dis 10:16-25. 2006b>Colposcopy is a critical part of gynecologic practice but has documented deficiencies, including lack of correlation between the colposcopic appearance and the severity of underlying neoplasia, limited reproducibility, and difficulty in ..
- Natural history of cervical neoplasia and risk of invasive cancer in women with cervical intraepithelial neoplasia 3: a retrospective cohort studyMargaret R E McCredie
Department of Preventive and Social Medicine, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Lancet Oncol 9:425-34. 2008..We aimed to estimate the long-term risk of invasive cancer in these two groups of women. A judicial inquiry referred for independent clinical review in 1988 all women for whom there remained doubt about the adequacy of their management...
- Randomized healthservices study of human papillomavirus-based management of low-grade cytological abnormalitiesLena Dillner
Department of Clinical Microbiology, WHO HPVLabNet Global Reference laboratory, Lund University, Malmo University Hospital, SE 20502 Malmo, Sweden
Int J Cancer 129:151-9. 2011..screening program in Stockholm, Sweden screening program were randomized to either continue with prior policy (colposcopy of all women with ASCUS/CINI) or to implement a policy with HPV triaging and colposcopy only of HPV-positive ..
- A randomized trial of basing treatment on human papillomavirus and/or cytology results in low-grade cervical lesion triagePontus Bjerre
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Central Hospital, Karlstad, Sweden
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:24.e1-7. 2008..This study was undertaken to compare management algorithms that base treatment with loop electrosurgical excision procedure on human papillomavirus and/or repeat Papanicolaou test smear results...
- A 2-year follow-up study of anxiety and depression in women referred for colposcopy after an abnormal cervical smearC Hellsten
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
BJOG 115:212-8. 2008The aim of this study was to determine if there were any long-lasting elevated anxiety levels in women attending colposcopy after an abnormal cervical smear.
- Underlying pathology of women with "atypical squamous cells, cannot exclude high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion" smears, in a region with a high incidence of cervical cancerChumnan Kietpeerakool
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 34:204-9. 2008..To evaluate the histopathology of women who had "atypical squamous cells, cannot exclude high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions" (ASC-H) on cervical cytology in a region with high incidence of cervical cancer...
- Human papillomavirus testing in women with mild cytologic atypiaC Bergeron
Laboratoire Pasteur Cerba, Cergy Pontoise, France
Obstet Gynecol 95:821-7. 2000....
- Can human papillomavirus DNA testing of self-collected vaginal samples compare with physician-collected cervical samples and cytology for cervical cancer screening in developing countries?Neerja Bhatla
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, India
Cancer Epidemiol 33:446-50. 2009....
- Human papillomavirus cofactors by disease progression and human papillomavirus types in the study to understand cervical cancer early endpoints and determinantsSophia S Wang
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, 6120 Executive Boulevard, Room 5104, Rockville, MD 20854 7234, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:113-20. 2009..Investigations on the molecular distinctions along the disease continuum of cervical pathogenesis by HPV type are needed...
- The accuracy of colposcopic grading for detection of high-grade cervical intraepithelial neoplasiaL Stewart Massad
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Low Genit Tract Dis 13:137-44. 2009..To relate aspects of online colposcopic image assessment to the diagnosis of grades 2 and 3 cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN 2+)...
- Diagnostic accuracy of guided cervical biopsies: a prospective multicenter study comparing the histopathology of simultaneous biopsy and cone specimenChristian Zuchna
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Paracelsus Medical University, Salzburg, Austria
Am J Obstet Gynecol 203:321.e1-6. 2010..We sought to determine the validity of colposcopically directed cervical biopsies as a diagnostic test to define the degree of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN)...
- The probability for a Pap test to be abnormal is directly proportional to HPV viral load: results from a Swiss study comparing HPV testing and liquid-based cytology to detect cervical cancer precursors in 13,842 womenG Bigras
Laboratoire Cytopath, Unilabs SA, 12 Place Cornavin, Genève 1, CH 1211, Switzerland
Br J Cancer 93:575-81. 2005..A total of 1334 women were found to be positive for one or both tests and were invited for colposcopy with biopsy...
- Direct visual inspection for cervical cancer screening: an analysis of factors influencing test performanceLynette Denny
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
Cancer 94:1699-707. 2002..The authors evaluated direct visual inspection of the cervix after the application of 5% acetic acid (DVI) as a cervical cancer screening test for use in low-resource settings...
- Visual inspection as a cervical cancer screening method in a primary health care setting in AfricaGhislain Sangwa-Lugoma
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Kinshasa, Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo
Int J Cancer 119:1389-95. 2006..samples were obtained from women with abnormal colposcopies and from 290 randomly chosen women with normal colposcopy. Cytological and histological examinations were performed in Lyon and Montreal, respectively...
- A long-term study of women with normal colposcopy after referral with low-grade cytological abnormalitiesM C G Smith
Department of Gynaecological Oncology, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
BJOG 113:1321-8. 2006About 50,000 women are referred annually to colposcopy in England because of a low-grade smear...
- Efficacy of human papillomavirus-based screen-and-treat for cervical cancer prevention among HIV-infected womenLouise Kuhn
Gertrude H Sergievsky Center, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
AIDS 24:2553-61. 2010..Here, we evaluate the efficacy among HIV-infected women of a simpler, screen-and-treat strategy in which all women with a positive screening test are treated with cryotherapy...
- Prevalence and predictors of colposcopic-histopathologically confirmed cervical intraepithelial neoplasia in HIV-infected women in IndiaVikrant V Sahasrabuddhe
Institute for Global Health, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
PLoS ONE 5:e8634. 2010..We sought to better establish prevalence estimates and evaluate risk factors of CIN among HIV-infected women in Pune, India using colposcopy and histopathology as diagnostic tools.
- Human papillomavirus DNA testing for the detection of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia grade 3 and cancer: 5-year follow-up of a randomised controlled implementation trialN W J Bulkmans
Department of Pathology, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Lancet 370:1764-72. 2007..Our aim was to determine whether the effectiveness of cervical screening improves when HPV DNA testing is implemented...
- Vaginal mesh erosion after abdominal sacral colpopexyA G Visco
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 184:297-302. 2001..Our goal was to compare the prevalence of vaginal mesh erosion between abdominal sacral colpopexy and various sacral colpoperineopexy procedures...
- High-risk human papillomavirus DNA test and p16(INK4a) in the triage of LSIL: a prospective diagnostic studyI Tsoumpou
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospitals of South Manchester, Manchester, UK
Gynecol Oncol 121:49-53. 2011....
- Accuracy of visual inspection with acetic acid (VIA) for cervical cancer screening: a systematic reviewPaskorn Sritipsukho
Postgraduate Studies Program, Faculty ofMedicine, Thammasat University, Pathumthani, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 93:S254-61. 2010..To systematically review the performance characteristics of VIA in cervical cancer screening...
- International terminology of colposcopy: an updated report from the International Federation for Cervical Pathology and ColposcopyP Walker
Royal Free Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Obstet Gynecol 101:175-7. 2003
- Age-specific evaluation of primary human papillomavirus screening vs conventional cytology in a randomized settingMaarit Leinonen
Mass Screening Registry, Finnish Cancer Registry, Pieni Roobertinkatu 9, FI 00130 Helsinki, Finland
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:1612-23. 2009..We compared the age-specific performance of primary HPV DNA screening with that of conventional cytology screening in the setting of an organized population-based cervical cancer screening program in Finland...
- Prospective follow-up suggests similar risk of subsequent cervical intraepithelial neoplasia grade 2 or 3 among women with cervical intraepithelial neoplasia grade 1 or negative colposcopy and directed biopsyJ Thomas Cox
University of California, Santa Barbara, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:1406-12. 2003..to determine the risk of cumulative cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) grade 2 or 3 according to initial colposcopy and directed biopsy results among women with low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions (LSIL) or human ..
- Condom use promotes regression of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia and clearance of human papillomavirus: a randomized clinical trialCornelis J A Hogewoning
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Albert Schweitzer Hospital, Dordrecht, The Netherlands
Int J Cancer 107:811-6. 2003..They were conservatively managed and followed every 3-6 months by colposcopy, cytology and HPV testing by GP5+/6+ PCR. Baseline cervical biopsy specimens were taken...
- Evaluation of colposcopy vs cytology as secondary test to triage women found positive on visual inspection testS A Pimple
Department of Preventive Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India
Indian J Cancer 47:308-13. 2010..Colposcopic evaluation and guided biopsy is an important diagnostic step and standard of management for abnormal cytology smears in developed countries...
- Colposcopy is not necessary to assess the risk to the cervix in HIV-positive women: an international cohort study of cervical pathology in HIV-1 positive womenHenry Kitchener
Academic Unit of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Manchester, St Mary s Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 121:2484-91. 2007..women and determine the best management system by comparing cervical pathology according to results of cytology, colposcopy and human papillomavirus (HPV) testing at baseline and throughout follow-up. A...
- Papanicolaou and thin-layer cervical cytology with colposcopic biopsy control. A comparisonC Blair Harkness
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mountain Area Health Education Center, Pathologists Medical Laboratory, PA, Asheville, North Carolina, USA
J Reprod Med 48:681-6. 2003..To compare the accuracy of conventional Papanicolaou and fluid-based, thin-layer cervical cytology...
- Cervical cytology of atypical squamous cells-cannot exclude high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion (ASC-H): characteristics and histologic outcomesMark E Sherman
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, Hormonal and Reproductive Epidemiology Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Cancer 108:298-305. 2006....
- A prospective evaluation of "see and treat" in women with HSIL Pap smear results: is this an appropriate strategy?T Michael Numnum
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 7333, USA
J Low Genit Tract Dis 9:2-6. 2005..The objective of this study was to determine the incidence of CIN 2 and CIN 3 in patients with an HSIL (CIN 2) Pap smear using a see-and-treat protocol...
- The impact of the distribution of human papillomavirus types and associated high-risk lesions in a colposcopy population for monitoring vaccine efficacyNick A Antonishyn
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Regina, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Arch Pathol Lab Med 132:54-60. 2008..Vaccine cross protection for other important oncogenic HPV types and the emergence of potential genotype replacements require the knowledge of the prevaccine epidemiology of HPV...
- Atypical squamous cells-cannot exclude high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion (ASC-H): a result not to be ignoredDrew Barreth
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Alberta, Edmonton
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 28:1095-8. 2006....
- Safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of SPL7013 gel (VivaGel): a dose ranging, phase I studyJohn O'Loughlin
Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, Australia
Sex Transm Dis 37:100-4. 2010..To evaluate safety, tolerability and systemic pharmacokinetics of escalating doses of SPL7013 Gel in healthy women...
- Follow-up testing after colposcopy: five-year risk of CIN 2+ after a colposcopic diagnosis of CIN 1 or lessHormuzd A Katki
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health DHHS, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Low Genit Tract Dis 17:S69-77. 2013Most women referred for colposcopy are not diagnosed with cervical intraepithelial neoplasia grade 2 or worse (CIN 2+) but, nonetheless, are typically asked to return much sooner than their next routine screening interval in 3 to 5 years...
- Accuracy of physician and nurse practitioner colposcopy to effect improved surveillance of cervical cancerG Kilic
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, USA
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 33:183-6. 2012To compare physician and nurse practitioner accuracy in recognizing cervical dysplasia during colposcopy.
- Neither one-time negative screening tests nor negative colposcopy provides absolute reassurance against cervical cancerPhilip E Castle
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892 7234, USA
Int J Cancer 125:1649-56. 2009..Seven cancers represent failures of colposcopy to diagnose cancer or a precancerous lesion in screen-positive women...
- p16/Ki-67 dual staining in cervico-vaginal cytology: correlation with histology, Human Papillomavirus detection and genotyping in women undergoing colposcopyMaria Gabriella Donà
STI Unit, San Gallicano Dermatological Institute, Via Elio Chianesi 53, 00144, Rome, Italy
Gynecol Oncol 126:198-202. 2012....
- Illumination, optics, and clinical performance of a hand-held magnified visual inspection device (AviScope): a comparison with colposcopyJohn W Sellors
Program for Appropriate Technology in Health, Seattle, WA, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 37:S160-6. 2004b>Colposcopy is the reference standard for a visual inspection device in terms of illumination, optics, and clinical performance...
- Can visual inspection with acetic acid under magnification substitute colposcopy in detecting cervical intraepithelial neoplasia in low-resource settings?Pakhee Aggarwal
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Flat No 1119, Vasto, Mahagun Mansion, 1 4, Vaibhav Khand, Indirapuram, Ghaziabad 201014, Uttar Pradesh, India
Arch Gynecol Obstet 284:397-403. 2011..and negative predictive values and accuracy of visual inspection with acetic acid under magnification (VIAM) and colposcopy for detecting cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) to determine if VIAM can substitute colposcopy in ..
- Accuracy of colposcopy in the diagnostic setting compared with the screening settingScott B Cantor
Department of Biostatistics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 4009, USA
Obstet Gynecol 111:7-14. 2008To estimate the accuracy of colposcopy to identify cervical precancer in screening and diagnostic settings.
- Should women with postcoital bleeding be referred for colposcopy?J Abu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital of Leicester, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 26:45-7. 2006..was to determine the risk of finding significant cervical pathological abnormality in women referred to the colposcopy clinic primarily because of postcoital bleeding...
- Accuracy of colposcopy management to detect CIN3 and invasive cancer in women with abnormal screening tests: results from a primary HPV screening project from 2006 to 2011 in Wolfsburg, GermanyKarl Ulrich Petry
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Klinikum Wolfsburg, Wolfsburg, Germany
Gynecol Oncol 128:282-7. 2013..We examined if this phenomenon may compromise the accuracy of colposcopy.
- A descriptive analysis of prevalent vs incident cervical intraepithelial neoplasia grade 3 following minor cytologic abnormalitiesPhilip E Castle
American Society for Clinical Pathology Institute, Washington, DC 20005, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 138:241-6. 2012..We concluded that most CIN 3 cases diagnosed within the 2-year time frame were prevalent cases, and most incident CIN 3 cases followed a prevalently detected HPV infection...
- Treatment of high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions: a "see and treat" versus a three-step approachOscar Sadan
Cervical Clinic, Maccabi Health Services, Tel Aviv, Israel
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 131:73-5. 2007....
- Comparison of conventional cervical cytology versus visual inspection with acetic acid among human immunodeficiency virus-infected women in Western KenyaHillary Mabeya
United States Agency for International Development Academic Model Providing Access to Healthcare Partnership, Moi University School of Medicine, Eldoret, Kenya
J Low Genit Tract Dis 16:92-7. 2012..This study aimed to determine the accuracy of visual inspection with acetic acid (VIA) versus conventional Pap smear as a screening tool for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia/cancer among human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected women...
- Switch from cytology-based to human papillomavirus test-based cervical screening: implications for colposcopyCarolina Porras
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Int J Cancer 130:1879-87. 2012..is to evaluate the clinical implications of a switch to HPV test-based screening on performance and workload of colposcopy. Women in the population-based, 7-year Guanacaste cohort study were screened at enrollment using cytology...
- Human papillomavirus as a risk factor for HIV infectionPETER CHIN HONG; Fiscal Year: 2007..Women will also undergo the same procedures as well as cervical PAP smears and colposcopy. To control for potential confounding, self reports regarding sexual behavior, drug use, STD history and ..
- Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV-infected women in IndiaSten Vermund; Fiscal Year: 2006..of test performance of VIA and HPV-testing in comparison with conventional cytology to detect screen-positive or colposcopy-suggestive, histologically-confirmed HSIL among HIV+ women in Pune, India and 2...
- Human Papillomavirus Infection in Perinatally HIV-infected Adolescents in AsiaAnnette H Sohn; Fiscal Year: 2013..monitor for cervical squamous intraepithelial lesions and intraepithelial neoplasia with cytology testing and colposcopy-directed cervical biopsy...
- Improving screening tools to better predict high-grade anal dysplasia for MSMDorothy J Wiley; Fiscal Year: 2013..to better predict high-grade cervical dysplasia in older females without atypias &to triage women to colposcopy with atypical squamous cells on cytology;they are not calibrated for IAC screening...
- Epigenetic changes predict disease course of HPV-related lesions in women 16-24NANCY B contact KIVIAT; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 3: Follow enrolled women every 6 months (for up to 18 months) by colposcopy and collection of exfoliated cell samples for cytology and testing to determine whether changes in methylation ..
- Nano-architecture Based Biomarkers for Cervical Cancer ScreeningYang Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..squamous cells of undetermined significance (ASC-US)", but HGCIN is confirmed on a subsequent follow-up colposcopy biopsy for only less than 5% of patients receiving this diagnosis...
- HPV Methylation as a Biomarker of Viral Persistence and Risk of Cervical DiseaseMichael D Wyatt; Fiscal Year: 2013..The current false positive rate of pap test screening (~1 in 10 are "abnormal"), results in follow up colposcopy and biopsy that are financially and emotionally costly...
- Diagnosis of Cervical Precancers Using Raman SpectroscopyAnita Mahadevan-Jansen; Fiscal Year: 2012..Existing screening and detection techniques, the Pap smear and colposcopy, have several deficiencies that prevent efficient management of an otherwise controllable disease...
- High-resolution optical imaging assessment of microbicide toxicityMassoud Motamedi; Fiscal Year: 2011..Unfortunately, current imaging technology such as white light colposcopy or colonoscopy cannot provide high resolution images of epithelial injury and cannot probe below the surface ..
- High-throughput molecular-specific cell nanocytology for cancer screeningHariharan Subramanian; Fiscal Year: 2013..women due to the introduction of the Pap- smear as an initial screening test that is followed by a more invasive colposcopy. However, no such two-tier screening paradigm is available for other cancers...
- Commercialization of the OncoE6TM Cervical Test for detection of HPV induced maliJOHANNES G SCHWEIZER; Fiscal Year: 2013..cervical cancer prevalence has diminished by implementation of Pap testing (Cytology), followed by colposcopy and histology examination if the Pap test is positive...
- Molecular Methods to Improve Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV+ WomenHoward D Strickler; Fiscal Year: 2013..e., CIN-2+). Thus, most cervical colposcopy/biopsy are conducted unnecessarily at great expense to the health care system, as well as risk of bleeding, pain,..
- Development of a FISH-Based HPV-Associated Cancer Detection TestJane Houldsworth; Fiscal Year: 2013..detected, so providing additional triage of the approximately 2,000,000 women each year in the US who undergo colposcopy for follow-up of abnormal cytology...
- Cytology vs at home HPV screening for detection of CIN 2,3,CISShalini L Kulasingam; Fiscal Year: 2013..are tested for high risk (HR)-HPV DNA followed by in-clinic cytology for triage of HR- HPV positive women to colposcopy. We will also explore the potential utility of triage of HR-HPV positive women by HPV genotyping and/or ..
- Clinical Evaluation of Polarized Light Assisted ColposcopyDaron G Ferris; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Colposcopy is the procedure used to evaluate women with abnormal Pap test results...
- Emory WIHS CRS - Longitudinal CohortGINA MARIA WINGOOD; Fiscal Year: 2013..HVTN) trials, and from the availability of state-of-the-art research capacity relevant to women's health (colposcopy, DXA and fMRI, carotid intima ultrasound, cardiac CT, local specimen repository, etc.)...
- Smart Optical Sensor for Detection of Cervical Cancer In the Developing WorldDavid Keith Walmer; Fiscal Year: 2012..The desired replacement for cytology and colposcopy would be a low cost, portable and clinically-compatible sensor that can survey the entire cervix and identify ..
- When Less is More: Changing Cervical Cancer Screening GuidelinesMichelle Silver; Fiscal Year: 2013..In 2012, the US Preventive Service Task Force (USPTF), American Cancer Association (ACS), American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Cytology (ASCCP), and American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) updated the guidelines for ..
- Anti-HIV Microbicide: Cellulose Acetate Phthalate (CAP)A Robert Neurath; Fiscal Year: 2004..b) Assessment of CAP distribution after vaginal application in monkeys using chemically tagged CAP and colposcopy, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI); and c) Evaluate the efficacy of CAP against infection with pathogenic X4- ..
- DNA methylation markers for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia IIIQinghua Feng; Fiscal Year: 2009..higher sensitivity and specificity than cytology and HR-HPV tests, and will have clinical utility in reducing colposcopy referral rate for women with a cytology diagnosis of ASC-US and a positive HR-HPV test...
- Economic spectroscopic evaluation of Cervical CancerMark Faupel; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our test is intended for use prior to colposcopy by a trained healthcare professional (e.g...
- Development of a FISH-Based HPV-Associated Cancer Detection TestJane Houldsworth; Fiscal Year: 2009..detected, so providing additional triage of the approximately 2,000,000 women each year in the US who undergo colposcopy for follow-up of abnormal cytology...
- Development of Dendrimer and Combination MicrobicidesJeremy Paull; Fiscal Year: 2009..Unfortunately colposcopy is relatively insensitive and biopsies are invasive...
- PREGNANCY OUTCOME AFTER TREATMENT OF CERVICAL DYSPLASIALynn Sadler; Fiscal Year: 2001..The cohort will consist of all women less than 45 years of age seen at the Colposcopy Clinic of Greenlane Hospital in Auckland, New Zealand, from 1989 through June 1998 who subsequently carried a ..
- Folate, Smoking, Race and Cervical Cancer RiskCapri Mara Fillmore; Fiscal Year: 2004..At three colposcopy clinics, 1500 women (50 percent black and 50 percent white race) will fill out a questionnaire on frequency of ..
- RETINIODS AND INTERMEDIATE BIOMARKERS FOR CIN I AND IIMack Ruffin; Fiscal Year: 1999..Subjects will undergo colposcopy with biopsy at baseline and three months after four day therapy with atRA...
- LASER PHOTORADIATION THERAPY OF MALIGNANT TUMORSMichael Berns; Fiscal Year: 2002..Eligible patients will undergo colposcopy, cytology, and photographic documentation, and colposcopic guided biopsy of abnormal lesions...
- EFFICACY OF TELEMEDICINE COLPOSCOPYDaron Ferris; Fiscal Year: 1999..on the Health Belief Model and simulated case scenarios administered after the initial and cross validation colposcopy sessions...
- Guidelines--Manage Cervical Cytological AbnormalitiesThomas Wright; Fiscal Year: 2001..The American Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (ASCAP) will hold a workshop on September 6-9, 2001 in Bethesda, MD at the NIH to develop ..
- HPV and HTLV Infection in Female Sex Workers in PeruJoseph Zunt; Fiscal Year: 2009..Cervical and serological samples will be obtained to test for HPV,HTLV, and other STI. Digital colposcopy will be performed to evaluate for cervical ectopy...
- SPONTANEOUS REGRESSION BIOMARKERS IN CERVIX DYSPLASIAGloria Ho; Fiscal Year: 2003..Women will be recruited from the colposcopy clinics of 3 hospitals associated with the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and followed at 3-month intervals ..
- Telecolposcopy in a Primary Care Women's Health ClinicAna Maria Lopez; Fiscal Year: 2006..Patients with an abnormal Pap smear and no visible lesion on visual cervical inspection are referred to colposcopy. The colposcope is a magnifying instrument that can directly detect dysplastic lesions of the cervix...
- DETROIT CANCER CONTROL INTERVENTION PROJECTRobert Burack; Fiscal Year: 1993..The project will a) establish accessible and reduced-cost cervical cytology, colposcopy and mammography units, b) prompt procedure-due patients (via mailed notices) to visit a primary care study site, ..
- Time-Resolved Imaging of Cervical Cancer AcetowhiteningKEVIN SCHOMACKER; Fiscal Year: 2003..of timed image acquisition, wavelength filtered light and ace to whitening kinetics to improve the accuracy of colposcopy for the routine clinical diagnosis of cervical cancer...
- Improved Macaque Safety Model for Topical Microbicides: Post-coital AssessmentsDorothy L Patton; Fiscal Year: 2011..In this model, measures of product safety include cervicovaginal colposcopy, vaginal microbiologic evaluation, and vaginal pH monitoring...
- Impact of LEEP on cervical length and secretionsAudrey Saftlas; Fiscal Year: 2007..For this aim, untreated women (n=50) who had a colposcopy with punch biopsy will be recruited from the same clinic to serve as a comparison group...
- THINPREP HPV IN SITU HYBRIDIZATION WITH PNA PROBESMenashi Cohenford; Fiscal Year: 1999..e., requiring follow up colposcopy or biopsy. Phase III will focus on product development and clinical trials...
- Smoking Cessation for Women at Risk of Cervical CancerJessica Whiteley; Fiscal Year: 2004..Counseling regarding smoking cessation may be of particular benefit for women undergoing screening at a colposcopy clinic for the evaluation of an abnormal Papanicolaou (Pap) smear...
- PSYCHOLOGICAL INFLUENCES ON IMMUNE RESPONSES TO HPVCarolyn Fang; Fiscal Year: 2001..Sixty-two women referred for a follow-up colposcopy will complete baseline psychosocial assessments and provide a blood sample (for immune assays) prior to their ..
- Aberrant DNA Methylation as a Biomarker of HSIL in Liquid-based Pap TestsKAREN GUSTAFSON; Fiscal Year: 2007..the high prevalence of oncogenic HPV (>80%) and, as a result, all women with ASC-H and LSIL are referred to colposcopy. The risk of overtreatment and unnecessary costs related to this management strategy underscore the need for ..
- 3D Tracking for OCT Image Fusion in Gynecological DiagnosisRoger McNichols; Fiscal Year: 2009..The system will combine optical coherence tomography (OCT) imaging with traditional colposcopy (with or without aceto-whitening) and/or fluorescence imaging to allow highly detailed morphological analysis of ..
- RANDOMIZED TRIAL ON THE CLINICAL MANAGEMENT OFDARRON FERRIS; Fiscal Year: 1999..The Contractor shall be responsible for overseeing the quality of all aspects of the Trial involving colposcopy and the taking of cervical biopsies...
- HPV DNA VACCINE FOR CERVICAL PRE NEOPLASIAJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2003..primary end-point of the phase II trial will be digitally determined regression of the area of CIN determined at colposcopy. Other end-points will include: disappearance of the virus in a specimen resected by LEEP one month after the ..
- MICROHOLOGRAPHIC DIAGNOSIS OF CERVICAL NEOPLASIAGil Raviv; Fiscal Year: 1990..The instrument will be designed in a manner and shape that is compatible with current instrumentation in colposcopy. During Phase I of the proposed research project the main features of the design will be demonstrated and the ..
- SMOKING CESSATION TO REDUCE CERVICAL CANCER RISKPaul Greene; Fiscal Year: 2001..recruit 220 current smokers ((10 cigarettes/day) with oncogenic HPV from the University of Alabama at Birmingham Colposcopy Clinic and randomly assign them to one of two treatment conditions: 1)usual care (UC); or 2) smoking cessation ..
- DIGITAL IMAGING COLPOSCOPYBRIAN CRAINE; Fiscal Year: 1990..In the meantime, we will conduct a systematic analysis of the images to provide evaluation of the usefulness of the existing digital colposcope and to promote development of algorithms which will further improve the system...
- ACCISS: Activating Collaborative CIS Support ServicesBonnie Spring; Fiscal Year: 2007..The RCT will randomize approximately 500 women just scheduled for colposcopy at the two clinics to two conditions involving different letters from the provider...
- SPECTROSCOPIC COLPOSCOPY FOR TISSUE CHARACTERIZATIONERIC CRAINE; Fiscal Year: 1992..The commercial potential is considered to be excellent since the proposed effort builds incrementally on existing clinical hardware and newly emerging research techniques...
- CANCER CONTROL--DEVELOPMENTAL AND SUPPORT GRANTRICHARD GAMS; Fiscal Year: 1980..demonstration projects: an OB-GYN Nurse Practitioner Program which has graduated 104 students as of July 1978; a Colposcopy Program which has established 14 colposcopy clinics in Alabama; and a General Oncology Nurse Practitioner ..
- MULTIMODAL SPECTROSCOPIC EVALUATION OF CERVICAL CANCERShabbir Bambot; Fiscal Year: 2001..the potential to replace or aid the current Pap test as well as to replace the current methods of colposcopy, biopsy and histology. The target physician group for the cervical application is the Ob-Gyn segment...
- NATURAL HISTORY OF HPV--INFECTION TO NEOPLASIAAnna Barbara Moscicki; Fiscal Year: 2004..The understanding of both local and systemic immune responses to initial and subsequent HPV infections may be key in vaccine or therapeutic developments. ..
- Natural History of CIN2 in AdolescentsAnna Barbara Moscicki; Fiscal Year: 2007..to observe young women with a biopsy verified CIN-2 lesion at 4 month intervals with HPV testing, cytology and colposcopy, b) examine risk factors using interview and chart review and c) examine estrogen and progesterone receptor ..
- Surveillance Strategies Following Treatment for CINJoy Melnikow; Fiscal Year: 2007..Alternative strategies for post-treatment surveillance will be evaluated. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TAMOXIFEN & BREAST CANCER--ACCEPTANCE/COST EFFECTIVENESSJoy Melnikow; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Mentored Investigator Award in Women's HealthLori Boardman; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- A Collaborative Approach to Control Hypertension in Diabetes (COACH-D)MELISSA MCKEE; Fiscal Year: 2008..This proposal is for secondary prevention of diabetes complications, targeting a population known for health disparities and a high burden from this chronic disease. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Vaginal Douching in Latina Women and AdolescentsMELISSA MCKEE; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- WIH/Brown Epidemiology/Clinical Trials Training ProgramLori Boardman; Fiscal Year: 2006..This multidisciplinary program will provide a new cadre of ob/gyn investigators who will further the scientific database in reproductive health. ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF HPV16/18 VARIANTS IN CERVICAL NEOPLASIALong Fu Xi; Fiscal Year: 2003..By including data from only those women enrolled in the immediate colposcopy arm of ALTS, we will develop precise estimates of the association between HPV 1 6 and IS variants and cervical ..
- Injury from Sexual Assault: Addressing Health DisparityMarilyn S Sommers; Fiscal Year: 2010..Public Health Relevance: Violence against women is a silent epidemic. The forensic exam used to collect evidence after rape needs to be equally sensitive for females with dark skin as well as females with light skin. ..
- Depression Screening & Treatment in Ovarian CancerEileen Shinn; Fiscal Year: 2007..Drs. Rehm and Taylor will co-supervise Dr. Shinn in the CBT administration. This intervention is innovative and has not been done before with any group of cancer patients, including ovarian cancer patients. ..