Genomes and Genes
Summary: Excision of the posterior arch of a vertebra. (Dorland, 28th ed)
Publications316 found, 100 shown here
- 1997 Volvo Award winner in clinical studies. Degenerative lumbar spondylolisthesis with spinal stenosis: a prospective, randomized study comparing decompressive laminectomy and arthrodesis with and without spinal instrumentationJ S Fischgrund
William Beaumont Hospital, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Royal Oak, Michigan, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 22:2807-12. 1997....
- Visceral and vascular complications resulting from anterior lumbar interbody fusionV Rajaraman
Division of Neurosurgery, New Jersey Medical School, Newark 07013, USA
J Neurosurg 91:60-4. 1999..The causes, strategies for their avoidance, and the clinical course of these complications are also discussed...
- Modified plate-only open-door laminoplasty versus laminectomy and fusion for the treatment of cervical stenotic myelopathyLili Yang
Department of Orthopedics, Changzheng Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Orthopedics 36:e79-87. 2013The purpose of this study was to compare modified plate-only laminoplasty and laminectomy and fusion to confirm which of the 2 surgical modalities could achieve a better decompression outcome and whether a significant difference was ..
- Dynamic stabilization for degenerative lumbar scoliosis in elderly patientsMario Di Silvestre
Spine Surgery Department, Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 35:227-34. 2010..A retrospective study...
- Spinal cord stimulation electrode design: a prospective, randomized, controlled trial comparing percutaneous with laminectomy electrodes: part II-clinical outcomesRichard B North
Department of Neurosurgery, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 7881, USA
Neurosurgery 57:990-6; discussion 990-6. 2005..in use for more than 30 years, has evolved into an easily implemented technique involving percutaneous or laminectomy electrode placement...
- Spinal cord stimulation electrode design: prospective, randomized, controlled trial comparing percutaneous and laminectomy electrodes-part I: technical outcomesRichard B North
Department of Neurosurgery, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 7713, USA
Neurosurgery 51:381-9; discussion 389-90. 2002..Contemporary electrodes can be placed percutaneously in some cases and require a limited laminectomy in other cases.
- Spinal cord infarction after decompressive laminectomy for spontaneous spinal epidural hematoma--case reportJuno Park
Department of Neurosurgery, Korea University Ansan Hospital, Korea University School of Medicine, Seoul, R O K
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 47:325-7. 2007..Surgeons should consider the possibility of this devastating complication before aggressive and early surgical intervention in a patient with SSEH causing cord compression and neurological deficit...
- Spinal deformity and instability after multilevel cervical laminectomy for spondylotic myelopathyP Guigui
Orthopaedic Department, , Clichy, France
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:440-7. 1998..To describe the incidence and consequences of cervical spinal deformity and instability after multilevel laminectomy in adult patients with myelopathy caused by cervical spondylosis and to determine the usefulness of ..
- Laminoplasty versus laminectomy and fusion for multilevel cervical myelopathy: an independent matched cohort analysisJ G Heller
Department of Neurosurgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:1330-6. 2001A matched cohort clinical and radiographic retrospective analysis of laminoplasty and laminectomy with fusion for the treatment of multilevel cervical myelopathy.
- Spinal neurinomas: retrospective analysis and long-term outcome of 179 consecutively operated cases and review of the literaturePiero Conti
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Surg Neurol 61:34-43; discussion 44. 2004..We decided to limit the retrospective study to obtain at least 5 years of follow-up. Therefore, 20 additional neurinomas treated between 1997 and 2002 were excluded...
- Surgery for lumbar spinal stenosis. Attempted meta-analysis of the literatureJ A Turner
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 17:1-8. 1992..Few patient characteristics were found to predict outcome. Major deficits in study design, analysis, and reporting were common, and these precluded firm conclusions...
- Cervical laminectomy vs laminoplasty: is there a difference in outcome and postoperative pain?Besnik Nurboja
Department of Neurosurgery, Kings College Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Neurosurgery 70:965-70; discussion 970. 2012..Cervical laminoplasty is often used for the decompression of multilevel cervical spondylotic myelopathy without creating spinal instability and kyphosis...
- The effectiveness of poloxamer 407-based new anti-adhesive material in a laminectomy model in ratsChang Hun Yu
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Seoul National University, College of Medicine, Seoul 156 707, Korea
Eur Spine J 21:971-9. 2012In the laminectomy model in rats, to verify anti-adhesive effectiveness of the new material, a mixture composed of poloxamer 407, calcium chloride, and xanthorrhizol, we compared it with that of commercially used solution form anti-..
- The effect of 10-hydroxycamptothecine in preventing fibroblast proliferation and epidural scar adhesion after laminectomy in ratsYu Sun
Department of Orthopedics, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Guangzhou Road 300, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, China
Eur J Pharmacol 593:44-8. 2008..HCPT) on fibroblast proliferation and pathological changes in epidural scar tissue after laminectomy. Here we illustrated the effect of HCPT on fibroblast proliferation and epidural scar adhesion after ..
- Intradiscal pressure and kinematic behavior of lumbar spine after bilateral laminotomy and laminectomyRaj D Rao
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, 9200 West Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Spine J 2:320-6. 2002Bilateral laminotomy has been proposed as an alternative to laminectomy for decompression of lumbar spinal stenosis. Preservation of the posterior midline ligaments with laminotomy is presumed to maintain spinal segment stability...
- Cervical spine surgery: an historical perspectiveVincenzo Denaro
Department of Orthopaedics and Trauma Surgery, University Campus Bio Medico of Rome, Via Alvaro del Portillo, 200, 00128, Rome, Italy
Clin Orthop Relat Res 469:639-48. 2011..Continued innovation in surgery requires a knowledge and understanding of historical advances with a recognition of successes and failures...
- Cervical laminectomy for the treatment of cervical degenerative myelopathyTimothy C Ryken
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 11:142-9. 2009The objective of this systematic review was to use evidence-based medicine to examine the efficacy of cervical laminectomy for the treatment of cervical spondylotic myelopathy (CSM).
- Biomechanical effects of laminoplasty versus laminectomy: stenosis and stabilityVenkat Subramaniam
Department of Neurosurgery Research, Spinal Biomechanics Laboratory, Barrow Neurological Institute, St Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ 85013, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 34:E573-8. 2009..In vitro human cadaveric study simultaneously quantifying sagittal plane flexibility and spinal canal stenosis...
- The effect of bilateral laminotomy versus laminectomy on the motion and stiffness of the human lumbar spine: a biomechanical comparisonMichael J Lee
University of Washington Medical Center, Department of Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Surgery, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 35:1789-93. 2010A cadaveric simulation model of the lumbar spine was used to study the intervertebral motion characteristics of the lumbar spine after bilateral laminotomy and facet-sparing laminectomy.
- A comparison of the effectiveness of mitomycin C and 5-fluorouracil in the prevention of peridural adhesion after laminectomyYu Sun
Department of Orthopedics, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, People s Republic of China
J Neurosurg Spine 7:423-8. 2007The effectiveness of the topical application of mitomycin C (MMC) or 5-fluorouracil (5FU) in preventing peridural adhesion after laminectomy was compared in this study.
- A prospective, randomized trial comparing expansile cervical laminoplasty and cervical laminectomy and fusion for multilevel cervical myelopathyGlen R Manzano
Department of Neurological Surgery and the Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Neurosurgery 70:264-77. 2012..Controversy exists as to the best posterior operative procedure to treat multilevel compressive cervical spondylotic myelopathy...
- A comparison of anterior cervical fusion, cervical laminectomy, and cervical laminoplasty for the surgical management of multiple level spondylotic radiculopathyH N Herkowitz
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 13:774-80. 1988..Bilateral and multiple level laminectomy carries the risk of potential instability...
- Alpha-lipoic acid reduces peridural fibrosis after laminectomy of lumbar vertebrae in rabbitsMiktat Kaya
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kafkas University, Kars, Turkey, 36100
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 154:1241-5. 2012..In this study, alpha-lipoic acid (ALA), reported to reduce fibrosis in liver, oral mucosa, and peritoneum, investigated as a potential candidate for prevention of peridural fibrosis...
- Combined laminectomy and thoracoscopic resection of dumbbell-type thoracic cord tumorS Konno
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Fukushima Medical University, Fukushima City, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:E130-4. 2001..A study of five patients whose dumbbell or paraspinal tumors of the thoracic spine were managed by using thoracoscopic surgery is reported...
- A prospective randomised study on the long-term effect of lumbar fusion on adjacent disc degenerationPer Ekman
Division of Orthopedics, Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology CLINTEC, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Karolinska Institutet, 141 86, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur Spine J 18:1175-86. 2009..There were no significant differences between instrumented and non-instrumented patients. In patients with laminectomy we found a significantly higher incidence of ASD compared to non laminectomised patients (22/47 vs...
- Axial symptoms after cervical laminoplasty with C3 laminectomy compared with conventional C3-C7 laminoplasty: a modified laminoplasty preserving the semispinalis cervicis inserted into axisKazunari Takeuchi
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Hirosaki, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 30:2544-9. 2005Results of C4-C7 laminoplasty with C3 laminectomy and C3-C7 laminoplasty were compared.
- Anterior shear strength of the porcine lumbar spine after laminectomy and partial facetectomyGuido B van Solinge
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Spine J 19:2130-6. 2010..The standard surgical management is decompression of the spinal canal by laminectomy and partial facetectomy...
- Analysis and prevention of spinal column deformity following cervical laminectomy. I. Pathogenetic analysis of postlaminectomy deformitiesT Saito
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 16:494-502. 1991..Progressive kyphotic deformity is found only in children...
- The surgical treatment for spinal intradural extramedullary tumorsDong Ki Ahn
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Seoul Sacred Heart General Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Clin Orthop Surg 1:165-72. 2009..We wanted to investigate the results of surgical treatment and analyze the factors that have an influence on the neurologic symptoms and prognosis of spinal intradural extramedullary (IDEM) tumors...
- Osteochondroma of the spine: an enigmatic tumor of the spinal cord. A series of 10 casesM C Sharma
Department of Pathology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
J Neurosurg Sci 46:66-70; discussion 70. 2002..Osteochondro-mas are common benign bony lesions of long bones but involvement of spine by solitary osteochondroma and its presentation as compressive myelopathy is rare. Most of the literature is in the form of case reports...
- C3-6 laminoplasty takes over C3-7 laminoplasty with significantly lower incidence of axial neck painN Hosono
Department of Spine Surgery, Osaka Kosei Nenkin Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Eur Spine J 15:1375-9. 2006..4% vs. 29%, P=0.015). Due to its simplicity and various benefits, C3-6 laminoplasty is a promising alternative to conventional C3-7 laminoplasty for treatment of multisegmental compression myelopathy...
- C5 palsy after laminectomy and posterior cervical fixation for ossification of posterior longitudinal ligamentYu Chen
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Changzheng Hospital, Shanghai, China
J Spinal Disord Tech 20:533-5. 2007To investigate the imaging findings correlated with C5 root palsies in the patients undergoing laminectomy and lateral mass screw fixation for ossification of posterior longitudinal ligament (OPLL), and clarify its pathogenic mechanism.
- A prospective randomized study of clinical outcomes in patients with cervical compressive myelopathy treated with open-door or French-door laminoplastyMotohiro Okada
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Wakayama Medical University, Wakayama, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 34:1119-26. 2009..A prospective randomized clinical study...
- Intradural lumbar disc herniations: the role of MRI in preoperative diagnosis and review of the literatureGiancarlo D'Andrea
Department of Neurological Sciences, La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Neurosurg Rev 27:75-80; discussion 81-2. 2004..The three patients previously operated (1, 2, 7) showed good outcome. Presently, we believe that radiologic diagnosis of intradural herniation is possible in carefully selected patients, thanks to MRI with gadolinium...
- Comparison of the results of laminectomy and open-door laminoplasty for cervical spondylotic myeloradiculopathy and ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligamentN Nakano
Nakano Orthopaedic Hospital, Sapporo, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 13:792-4. 1988b>Laminectomy was performed on 14 patients with cervical radiculomyelopathy and ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament (OPLL). Since 1978, simple open-door laminoplasties have been performed on 75 patients...
- Laminectomy and fusion for the treatment of cervical degenerative myelopathyPaul A Anderson
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 11:150-6. 2009The objective of this systematic review was to use evidence-based medicine to examine the efficacy of cervical laminectomy and fusion for the treatment of cervical spondylotic myelopathy (CSM).
- Lumbar facet fracture as a possible source of pain after lumbar laminectomyC Rosen
Rancho Los Amigos Medical Center, Downey, California
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 16:S234-8. 1991This study compared 50 patients with lumbar facet fractures and continued pain after lumbar laminectomy with a postlaminectomy control group without facet fractures...
- The surgical approach to "dumbbell tumors" of the mediastinumM Behgam Shadmehr
Division of General Thoracic Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 76:1650-4. 2003..Correct preoperative assessment of neuroforaminal extension is important to avoid spinal cord injury. The surgical approach remains controversial...
- Spinal dumbbell tumors: an analysis of a series of 118 casesHiroshi Ozawa
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
J Neurosurg Spine 7:587-93. 2007..The authors analyzed a series of 118 cases of spinal dumbbell tumors to elucidate the feature of the tumors...
- Resection of thoracic dumbbell neurinomas: single postero-lateral approach or combined posterior and transthoracic approach?M Payer
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital of Geneva, 24 Rue Micheli du Crest, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
J Clin Neurosci 13:690-3. 2006..We report the removal of a dumbbell neurinoma at T6/7 using a single posterior midline approach with laminectomy and costo-transversectomy and review the literature regarding the approaches to thoracic dumbbell tumours.
- Acute nontraumatic spinal epidural hematomas. An important differential diagnosis in spinal emergenciesC Alexiadou Rudolf
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Cologne, Germany
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:1810-3. 1998..CONCLUSIONS: The results of the current series demonstrate both the superiority of magnetic resonance imaging for diagnosis of SSEH as well as the necessity of early decompressive surgery in cases of sensorimotor paralysis after SSEH...
- Outcome after less-invasive decompression of lumbar spinal stenosis: a randomized comparison of unilateral laminotomy, bilateral laminotomy, and laminectomyClaudius Thome
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Mannheim, Faculty for Clinical Medicine of the Karl Ruprecht University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
J Neurosurg Spine 3:129-41. 2005Recently, limited decompression procedures have been proposed in the treatment of lumbar stenosis. The authors undertook a prospective study to compare the safety and outcome of unilateral and bilateral laminotomy with laminectomy.
- Occipitocervical fusion with C1 laminectomy in childrenT Nakagawa
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 22:1209-14. 1997..This surgery induced no apparent postoperative spinal deformations...
- Comparison of spinal and general anesthesia in lumbar laminectomy surgery: a case-controlled analysis of 400 patientsRobert F McLain
The Cleveland Clinic Spine Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 2:17-22. 2005..Application of regional anesthetics is widely preferred for lower-extremity surgery, but general anesthesia is used almost exclusively in spine surgery, despite evidence that spinal anesthesia is as safe and may offer some advantages...
- Minimally invasive resection of intradural-extramedullary spinal neoplasmsTrent L Tredway
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Neurosurgery 58:ONS52-8; discussion ONS52-8. 2006..Traditional treatment of these tumors includes open laminectomy with intradural resection...
- Minimum 10-year outcome of decompressive laminectomy for degenerative lumbar spinal stenosisT Iguchi
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kobe Rosai Hospital, Kobe, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:1754-9. 2000STUDY DESIGN: A retrospective follow-up study was conducted in patients who underwent decompressive laminectomy for degenerative lumbar spinal stenosis...
- Doublecortin expression levels in adult brain reflect neurogenesisSebastien Couillard-Despres
Volkswagen Foundation Junior Group, University of Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 21:1-14. 2005....
- Surgical or nonoperative treatment for lumbar spinal stenosis? A randomized controlled trialAntti Malmivaara
Finnish Office for Health Technology Assessment, National Research and Development Center, FinOHTA Stakes, Helsinki, Finland
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:1-8. 2007..A randomized controlled trial...
- Laminoplasty and skip laminectomy for cervical compressive myelopathy: range of motion, postoperative neck pain, and surgical outcomes in a randomized prospective studyYasutsugu Yukawa
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Chubu Rosai Hospital, Nagoya, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:1980-5. 2007..A prospective randomized clinical trial in surgical treatment for cervical compressive myelopathy...
- Safety and efficacy of intradural extramedullary spinal tumor removal using a minimally invasive approachRichard J Mannion
Department of Neurosurgery, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba, Queensland, Australia
Neurosurgery 68:208-16; discussion 216. 2011..of less postoperative pain, a quicker recovery, and the avoidance of long-term instability from multilevel laminectomy, there are concerns over whether one can safely and effectively remove intradural extramedullary tumors in a ..
- A segmental partial laminectomy for cervical spondylotic myelopathy: anatomical basis and clinical outcome in comparison with expansive open-door laminoplastyKoji Otani
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, Fukushima City, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 34:268-73. 2009..A comparative study regarding the clinical outcome of the 2-different surgical procedures for patients with cervical spondylotic myelopathy (CSM)...
- The source of axial pain after cervical laminoplasty-C7 is more crucial than deep extensor musclesNoboru Hosono
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Osaka Kosei Nenkin Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:2985-8. 2007..Prospective study to investigate the incidence of axial pain in the 3 different procedures of laminoplasty...
- Results of skip laminectomy-minimum 2-year follow-up study compared with open-door laminoplastyTateru Shiraishi
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Saiseikai Utsunomiya Hospital, Tochigi, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 28:2667-72. 2003Results of skip laminectomy and open-door laminoplasty for cervical spondylotic myelopathy were compared.
- Spinal stenosis re-operation rate in Sweden is 11% at 10 years--a national analysis of 9,664 operationsKarl Ake Jansson
Department of Orthopedics, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur Spine J 14:659-63. 2005..The 1-, 2-, 5-, and 10-year re-operation rates were 2, 5, 8 and 11%, respectively. The rate lowered by 31% over time. Adding a fusion may lower the re-operation risk, an observation which can only be evaluated in randomised trial...
- A preclinical post laminectomy rat model mimics the human post laminectomy syndromeJennifer B Massie
Department of Orthopaedics, Veterans Administration San Diego Health Care System and University of California, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
J Neurosci Methods 137:283-9. 2004Chronic low back pain with sciatica complicating post laminectomy surgery is poorly understood...
- Single stage complete excision of large thoracic dumbbell schwannoma by modified posterior approachAmit Agrawal
Department of Surgery, Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Wardha 442005 Maharashtra, India
Surg Neurol 70:432-6. 2008..Successful management of posterior mediastinal dumbbell tumors depends on complete resection with adequate exposure...
- Lumbar laminectomy alone or with instrumented or noninstrumented arthrodesis in degenerative lumbar spinal stenosis. Patient selection, costs, and surgical outcomesJ N Katz
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 22:1123-31. 1997..OBJECTIVES: 1) Identify correlates of the decision to perform arthrodesis in patients undergoing laminectomy for lumbar spinal stenosis...
- Spinal column deformity and instability after lumbar or thoracolumbar laminectomy for intraspinal tumors in children and young adultsP J Papagelopoulos
Department of Orthopedics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 22:442-51. 1997..about the occurrence of spinal column deformity or instability after multilevel lumbar or thoracolumbar total laminectomy for removal of benign intraspinal tumors in children and young adults...
- Operative treatment of cervical spondylotic myelopathy and radiculopathy. A comparison of laminectomy and laminoplasty at five year average follow-upS B Kaminsky
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA 52246, USA
Iowa Orthop J 24:95-105. 2004..The operative treatment for patients with moderate to severe involvement is decompression of the spinal cord. Laminectomy has been a traditional approach and laminoplasty has developed as an attractive alternative...
- Effects of age and comorbidities on complication rates and adverse outcomes after lumbar laminectomy in elderly patientsGordon Li
Department of Neurosurgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:1250-5. 2008..This is a retrospective cohort study using the National Inpatient Sample database...
- Treatment of intramedullary spinal cysticercosis: report of 2 cases and review of literatureFaiz Uddin Ahmad
Department of Neurosurgery, Neurosciences Centre, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110029, India
Surg Neurol 67:74-7; discussion 77. 2007..NCC, Taenia solium involvement in the central nervous system, is one of the most common parasitic diseases. Spinal IMC is one of the rarest forms of NCC...
- Traumatic spinal cord injury produced by controlled contusion in mouseL B Jakeman
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, College of Medicine and Public Health, Ohio State University, Columbus, USA
J Neurotrauma 17:299-319. 2000..the mid-thoracic spinal cord is subjected to a single rapid and calibrated displacement at the site of a dorsal laminectomy. Injury is initiated at the tip of a vertical shaft driven by an electromagnetic shaker...
- Bilateral traumatic neuroma of the anterior cervical nerve root: case reportFuat Torun
Department of Neurosurgery, Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 30:E521-3. 2005..Case report...
- Surgical management of cervical spondylotic myelopathy with laminectomy and instrumented fusionBeril Gok
Department of Neurosurgery, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Neurol Res 31:1097-101. 2009The indications for treating cervical spondylotic myelopathy (CSM) with laminectomy and instrumented fusion remain ill-defined...
- Biomechanical effects of C2-C7 intersegmental stability due to laminectomy with unilateral and bilateral facetectomyNg Hong-Wan
School of Mechanical and Production Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 29:1737-45; discussion 1746. 2004The biomechanical responses resulting from laminectomy with graded unilateral and bilateral facetectomy were quantified using a three-dimensional nonlinear finite element model of the C2-C7 motion segments.
- Laminectomy and posterior cervical plating for multilevel cervical spondylotic myelopathy and ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament: effects on cervical alignment, spinal cord compression, and neurological outcomeJohn K Houten
Department of Neurosurgery, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Neurosurgery 52:1081-7; discussion 1087-8. 2003..We theorized that laminectomy and stabilization of the cervical spine with lateral mass plates would obviate the disadvantages of anterior ..
- ERK2 small interfering RNAs prevent epidural fibrosis via the efficient inhibition of collagen expression and inflammation in laminectomy ratsChao Zhang
Department of Orthopedics, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, Tianjin 300052, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 444:395-400. 2014b>Laminectomy is a widely accepted treatment for lumbar disorders. Epidural Fibrosis (EF) is a common post-laminectomy or post-discectomy complication, which is thought to cause recurrent pain...
- Effect of multilevel open-door laminoplasty and laminectomy on flexibility of the cervical spine: an experimental investigationSwathi Kode
Department of Biomedical Engineering, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 37:E1165-70. 2012A biomechanical comparison of 2 commonly used posterior surgical procedures for spinal cord decompression in the cervical spine: laminoplasty (open door) and laminectomy.
- Ossification of the ligamentum flavum of the thoracic spine in the Korean populationKyung Chung Kang
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Kangnam Gu, Seoul, Korea
J Neurosurg Spine 14:513-9. 2011..It is seen mostly in East Asia, although the majority of reports have issued from Japan. In the present study, the clinical features and prognostic factors of thoracic OLF were examined in a large number of Korean patients...
- Biomechanical comparison of facet-sparing laminectomy and Christmas tree laminectomyPaul W Detwiler
Division of Neurological Surgery, Spinal Biomechanics Research Laboratory, Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, Arizona 5013 4496, USA
J Neurosurg 99:214-20. 2003The authors compared differences in biomechanical stability between two decompressive laminectomy techniques for treating lumbar stenosis...
- Comparison of efficacy of dexketoprofen versus paracetamol on postoperative pain and morphine consumption in laminectomy patientsElvin Kesimci
Department of Anaesthesiology and Reanimation, Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Agri 23:153-9. 2011....
- Sudden onset of paraplegia caused by hemorrhagic spinal epidural angiolipoma. A case reportAli Akhaddar
Department of Neurosurgery, Mohammed V Military Teaching Hospital, University of King Mohammed V Souissi, Rabat, Morocco
Eur Spine J 17:S296-8. 2008..A bilateral T2-T4 laminectomy was performed to achieve resection of a lipomatous tumor containing area of spontaneous hemorrhage...
- Clinical and functional outcomes of laminoplasty and laminectomyJulian Hardman
Department of Neurosurgery, School of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Neurol Res 32:416-20. 2010Laminoplasty has become a common alternative to laminectomy for cervical spondylotic myelopathy or radiculopathy. The procedures have been compared before, but data on functional recovery are limited...
- The extent of laminectomy affects pain-related behavior in a rat model of neuropathic painVana Kosta
Department of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, University of Split Medical School, Split, Croatia
Eur J Pain 13:243-8. 2009..We tested the hypothesis that laminectomy performed during ganglionectomy induces lumbar column deformity...
- Unilateral limited laminectomy as the approach of choice for the removal of thoracolumbar neurofibromasAlfredo Pompili
Division of Neurosurgery, Regina Elena National Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 29:1698-702. 2004..The paper reports a minimally invasive approach to the dorsolumbar spine for the removal of neurofibromas...
- Unilateral hemilaminectomy for patients with intradural extramedullary tumorsCai Xing Sun
Zhejiang Traditional Medical University, Hangzhou 310009, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 12:575-81. 2011....
- Minimally invasive cervical microendoscopic laminoforaminotomyDomagoj Coric
Carolina Neurosurgery and Spine Associates, Charlotte, North Carolina 28207, USA
Neurosurg Focus 25:E2. 2008..The authors present a modified surgical technique for posterior MELF as well as a case study illustrating its synergy with anterior arthroplasty...
- Laminectomy membrane formation in dogs: is the answer still elusive?Kate Chandler
Vet J 172:1-2. 2006
- A mapping study of caspase-3 activation following acute spinal cord contusion in ratsMelanie L McEwen
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital, 800 Rose St, MN 225, Lexington, KY 40536 0298, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 53:809-19. 2005..This time-course study provides a framework for investigating and understanding the different signaling events contributing to this biphasic pattern of caspase-3 activation...
- Health outcome assessment before and after lumbar laminectomy for radiculopathyT J Albert
Rothman Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 21:960-2; discussion 963. 1996STUDY DESIGN. Forty-one patients undergoing lumbar laminectomy for radiculopathy resulting from herniated discs assessed their health status using a generic health outcome instrument (Medical Outcomes Study Short Form 36) before surgery ..
- Treatment of cervical stenotic myelopathy: a cost and outcome comparison of laminoplasty versus laminectomy and lateral mass fusionJason M Highsmith
Department of Neurosurgery, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 14:619-25. 2011..or ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament is often treated with laminoplasty or cervical laminectomy (with fusion)...
- Minimally invasive microsurgical treatment of cervical intraspinal extramedullary tumorsYong Yu
Department of Neurosurgery, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, 180 Fenglin Road, Shanghai 200032, China
J Clin Neurosci 18:1168-73. 2011Removal of intraspinal tumors by the classic posterior midline approach with laminectomy may cause damage to and instability of cervical segments...
- Vertebral stabilization using positively threaded profile pins and polymethylmethacrylate, with or without laminectomy, for spinal canal stenosis and vertebral instability caused by congenital thoracic vertebral anomaliesTakeshi Aikawa
Aikawa Veterinary Medical Center, Tokyo, Japan
Vet Surg 36:432-41. 2007..To describe diagnostic findings, surgical technique, and outcome in dogs with thoracic spinal canal stenosis and vertebral instability secondary to congenital vertebral anomalies...
- Spinal intradural juxtamedullary cysts in the adult: surgical management and outcomeHischam Bassiouni
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
Neurosurgery 55:1352-9; discussion 1359-60. 2004..We retrospectively analyzed a series of patients harboring this entity with regard to clinical and radiological features, surgical management, and follow-up results...
- Effects of angle and laminectomy on triangulated pedicle screwsCumhur Kilincer
Department of Neurosurgery, Trakya University Medical Faculty, Edirne, Turkey
J Clin Neurosci 14:1186-91. 2007We aimed to demonstrate the effect of angle and laminectomy on paired pedicle screws to determine whether a 90 degrees screw angle is optimal as has been previously suggested...
- Skip laminectomy and laminoplasty for cervical spondylotic myelopathy: a prospective study of clinical and radiologic outcomesAlagappan Sivaraman
Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, London, UK
J Spinal Disord Tech 23:96-100. 2010..A prospective nonrandomized study comparing the outcomes of the 2 surgical techniques used in the treatment of cervical spondylotic myelopathy...
- Short-term progressive spinal deformity following laminoplasty versus laminectomy for resection of intradural spinal tumors: analysis of 238 patientsMatthew J McGirt
Department of Neurosurgery, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Neurosurgery 66:1005-12. 2010..We set out to determine whether the use of laminoplasty (LP) vs laminectomy (LM) has reduced the incidence of subsequent spinal deformity following intradural tumor resection at our ..
- A comparison of posterolateral lumbar fusion comparing autograft, autogenous laminectomy bone with bone marrow aspirate, and calcium sulphate with bone marrow aspirate: a prospective randomized studyChi Chien Niu
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 34:2715-9. 2009..A prospective clinical study...
- Torsion biomechanics of the spine following lumbar laminectomy: a human cadaver studyArno Bisschop
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Research Institute MOVE, VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, PO Box 7057, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Spine J 22:1785-93. 2013Lumbar laminectomy affects spinal stability in shear loading. However, the effects of laminectomy on torsion biomechanics are unknown...
- Outcomes after laminoplasty compared with laminectomy and fusion in patients with cervical myelopathy: a systematic reviewS Tim Yoon
Department of Orthopedics, Emory Spine Center, Atlanta, GA Spectrum Research, Inc, Tacoma, WA Department of Neurology and Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA and Washington University Orthopedics, One Barnes Jewish Hospital Plaza, St Louis, MO
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 38:S183-94. 2013..Systematic review...
- Design of Lamifuse: a randomised, multi-centre controlled trial comparing laminectomy without or with dorsal fusion for cervical myeloradiculopathyRonald Hma Bartels
Department of Neurosurgery, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 8:111. 2007b>laminectomy is a valuable surgical treatment for some patients with a cervical radiculomyelopathy due to cervical spinal stenosis...
- Post-laminectomy cerebrospinal fluid fistula treated with epidural blood patchN F Maycock
Department of Anaesthesia, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 19:2223-5. 1994..CONCLUSIONS. The techniques involved in performing a blood patch after spinal surgery may well differ from those usually recommended in the management of spinal headache resulting from other causes of dural puncture...
- The impact of bone mineral density and disc degeneration on shear strength and stiffness of the lumbar spine following laminectomyArno Bisschop
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Research Institute MOVE, VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, P O Box 7057, 1081 HV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Spine J 21:530-6. 2012b>Laminectomy is a standard surgical procedure for elderly patients with symptomatic degenerative lumbar stenosis...
- Effect of the Total Facet Arthroplasty System after complete laminectomy-facetectomy on the biomechanics of implanted and adjacent segmentsFrank M Phillips
Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
Spine J 9:96-102. 2009..The Total Facet Arthroplasty System (TFAS) is a motion-restoring implant suggested as an alternative to rigid fixation after complete facetectomy...
- Posterior cervical decompressive laminectomy and lateral mass screw fixationZiad A Audat
Departments of Orthopedics, King Abdullah University Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan
Neurosciences (Riyadh) 16:248-52. 2011To review the results and complications of cervical decompressive laminectomy and lateral mass screw fixation.
- Surgical versus nonsurgical treatment for lumbar degenerative spondylolisthesisJames N Weinstein
Department of Orthopaedics, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH, USA
N Engl J Med 356:2257-70. 2007..Management of degenerative spondylolisthesis with spinal stenosis is controversial. Surgery is widely used, but its effectiveness in comparison with that of nonsurgical treatment has not been demonstrated in controlled trials...
- Preserving the C7 spinous process in laminectomy combined with lateral mass screw to prevent axial symptomPeng Zhang
Department of Spine Surgery, The Third Hospital of Hebei Medical University, 139 Ziqiang Road, 050051, Shijiazhuang, China
J Orthop Sci 16:492-7. 2011..Some patients underwent laminectomy and fixation developed the symptom...
- Dorsal surgery for myelopathy and myeloradiculopathyGregory C Wiggins
Department of Neurosurgery, David Grant Medical Center, Travis Air Force Base, California 94535 1800, USA
Neurosurgery 60:S71-81. 2007..To review the dorsal approaches to the cervical spine for myelopathy and myeloradiculopathy...
- Fibromatosis of the cervical region following laminectomy: a case report and literature reviewShruti Sevak
Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 37:E456-9. 2012..A case report and a discussion of recently published data...
- Spinal pseudomeningoceles and cerebrospinal fluid fistulasDaniel Couture
Department of Neurosurgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157 1029, USA
Neurosurg Focus 15:E6. 2003..Nonsurgical methods may be used, but more frequently operative repair is required. In this article, the authors review the diagnosis and treatment of spinal pseudomeningoceles and CSF fistulas...
- The effect of methylene blue on peridural fibrosis formation after laminectomy in rats: an experimental novel studyMajid Reza Farrokhi
Department of Neurosurgery, Shiraz Neurosciences Research Center, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Spine J 11:147-52. 2011..Recently, attention has been focused on peridural fibrosis (PF), which may be responsible for recurrent pain after laminectomy or discectomy. Methylene blue (MB) has been shown to prevent fibrosis formation in various tissues.
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and MicturitionWarren M Grill; Fiscal Year: 2013..from prior approaches using electrical stimulation of the spinal roots in that it does not require a spinal laminectomy, does not require irreversible surgical transection of the sacral sensory nerve roots, and stimulates the ..
- Device for Surgical Adhesion PreventionREKHA BANSAL; Fiscal Year: 2010..the feasibility of using NM2040 as a treatment to prevent surgical adhesions using a validated lumbar spine laminectomy model;2) to develop a surgical adhesion model for gynecological adhesions for which good clinical endpoint ..
- Air Barrier System to reduce contamination of wounds during surgerySEAN SELF; Fiscal Year: 2013..procedures, presenting high infection risk, in orthopedics (total hip arthroplasty), neurosurgery (lumbar laminectomy with instrumented fusion), and vascular surgery (femoral-popliteal bypass grafting) have been selected for ..
- An injectable biocompatible hydrogel nucleus pulposus replacementGavin Braithwaite; Fiscal Year: 2009..Although commonly prescribed, moderately invasive surgical solutions such as discectomy and laminectomy, and more invasive solutions such as intervertebral fusion and total disc replacement have important problems ..
- BACK PAIN OUTCOME ASSESSMENT TEAMRichard Deyo; Fiscal Year: 1991..lumbar spine surgery will include a methodologic review and synthesis of existing literature on the outcomes of laminectomy, discectomy, and fusion...
- FORE-SCI TRAINING PROGRAM (RFP 08-01)DANA MCTIGUE; Fiscal Year: 2011..Participants in this program will receive in depth hands-on laboratory training in: Thoracic and cervical laminectomy surgeries, spinal contusion and transection injuries in rats and mice, operating spinal contusion injury ..
- FORE-SCI TRAINING PROGRAM (RFP 08-01)Dana M McTigue; Fiscal Year: 2009..Participants in this program will receive in depth hands-on laboratory training in: Thoracic and cervical laminectomy surgeries, spinal contusion and transection injuries in rats and mice, operating spinal contusion injury ..
- FORE-SCI TRAINING PROGRAM (RFP 08-01)DANA MCTIGUE; Fiscal Year: 2012..Participants in this program will receive in depth hands-on laboratory training in: Thoracic and cervical laminectomy surgeries, spinal contusion and transection injuries in rats and mice, operating spinal contusion injury ..
- Voltage gated sodium channels in acute post laminectomy painCHRISTINA MARIE SPOFFORD; Fiscal Year: 2013..We plan to develop and validate a new model of acute post laminectomy pain that will allow for clinically relevant pain behaviors to be identified...
- A Novel Approach to Prevent Periduaral FibrosisJames Pachence; Fiscal Year: 2001..For instance, after laminectomy, fibrotic scarring can develop in both the epidural region and arachnoid spaces, producing recurring pain and ..
- BIOELASTIC MATERIAL TO PREVENT POST-LAMINECTOMY ADHESIONJie Xu; Fiscal Year: 2001..demonstrated both materials to be highly effective in preventing adhesions to the spinal dura in the rabbit laminectomy model...
- Are Fibromyalgia and Chiari I Malformation Related?Dedra Buchwald; Fiscal Year: 2005..The overall safety and efficacy of the most common approach, a posterior fossa craniectomy and cervical laminectomy to expand the posterior fossa volume, is well supported in the literature...
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and MicturitionWARREN GRILL; Fiscal Year: 2003..from existing approaches using electrical stimulation of the spinal roots in that it does not require a spinal laminectomy, does not require irreversible surgical transection of the sacral sensory nerve roots, and stimulates the ..
- RADIOTHERAPY--PREVENT FIBROSIS AFTER LUMBAR LAMINECTOMYPeter Gerszten; Fiscal Year: 2001..studies investigating in both rat and dog models showed a significant reduction in peridural fibrosis after laminectomy using low dose external beam radiation (700 cGy) given 24 hours prior to surgery...
- Preventing Post-Laminectomy Peridural FibrosisWeiliam Chen; Fiscal Year: 2008..scar tissue is part of the normal healing process and also an unavoidable consequence of procedures involving laminectomy. Epidural scar formation can result in fibrous adhesions around nerve roots imposing tension by entrapping the ..
- Incidence & Outcomes of SSI After Breast Cancer SurgeryMargaret Olsen; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- ANESTHETIC EFFECTS ON SENSORIMOTOR INTEGRATIONJOSEPH ANTOGNINI; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding how and where anesthetics act will eventually lead to the development of better and safer anesthetics, thereby decreasing peri-operative morbidity and mortality and improving public health. ..
- CALPAIN ACTIVATION OF T CELLS IN DEMYELINATING DISEASENaren Banik; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding the mechanisms may help develop therapeutic strategies (e.g., calpain as a target) for treatment of MS. ..
- EXPIRATORY MUSCLE ACTIVATION TO PRODUCE COUGHAnthony DiMarco; Fiscal Year: 2003..Restoration of affective cough mechanism may allow patients with spinal cord injury to clear secretions more easily, reduce the incidence of respiratory complication and, ultimately, improve their life quality. ..
- Attenuation of Axonal Damage and Neuronal Death in EAENaren L Banik; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- CALPAIN IN THE PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF DEMYELINATING DISEASENaren Banik; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Spinal Cord Stimulation to Restore Cough In HumansAnthony DiMarco; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Improving diabetes outcomes: A couples interventionPaula Trief; Fiscal Year: 2006..As an R34, this is a pilot proposal to develop preliminary data on the feasibility and efficacy of he couples approach so that a future full-scale trial may be submitted as an R18 proposal. ..
- Genes Controlling the Renal Handling of PhosphateRalph Meyer; Fiscal Year: 2004..Such intervention may improve the skeletal symptoms of patients with hypophosphatemic bone disease and improve their quality of life. ..
- Indomethacin and p38 Regulating AP-1 In Heat ShockJacob Locke; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Combined Intercostal and Diaphragm PacingAnthony DiMarco; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- BRAIN AND SPINAL CORD CONTRIBUTIONS TO ANESTHETIC ACTIONJOSEPH ANTOGNINI; Fiscal Year: 2005..This information will aid the development of newer and safer anesthetics, as well as lead to clinically useful means of modulating the neurotransmitter systems that are themselves modulated by anesthetics. ..
- ANGIOTENSIN ANALOGS TO TREAT WOUND HEALINGKathleen Rodgers; Fiscal Year: 2005..In this phase II SBIR, these compounds will undergo extensive preclinical testing to determine whether they should be further developed as a second generation of wound healing drugs. ..
- Polysomal RNA Antitumor ImmunityJohn Chi; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results from these experiments will help characterize the potential use of dendritic cells transfected with polysomal RNA in creating antigen specific tumor vaccines for brain tumors. ..
- Effect of vertebral endplate composition on disc healthFrank Acosta; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SPINAL CORD REPAIR WITH HUMAN UMBILICAL CORD BLOOD CELLSSamuel Saporta; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ESTROGEN EFFICACY IN SPINAL CORD INJURYNaren Banik; Fiscal Year: 2006..Understanding estrogen's mechanisms in cell protection and recovery as it relates to multidestructive pathways will establish it as a viable SCI treatment agent. ..
- Oligodendrocyte Progenitors in Spinal Cord Injury RepairDANA MCTIGUE; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Prevention of Healthcare-Associated Drug-Resistant GNRLisa Maragakis; Fiscal Year: 2006..Maragakis with the skills she needs to develop into an independent clinical investigator in epidemiologic research for the prevention of healthcare-associated infections. ..
- Susceptibility Testing, Treatment Choices, and Outcomes of MDR-GNB InfectionsLisa Maragakis; Fiscal Year: 2009..This research is designed to better understand how providers use information from various microbiology laboratory testing methods to choose treatments and to identify strategies that lead to the best patient outcomes. ..
- A NEW PEDIATRIC MODEL OF ISCHEMIC STROKE IN PIGLETSJohn Kuluz; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Functional Health CAT in DiabetesCarolyn Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..