Genomes and Genes
Summary: The performance of surgical procedures with the aid of a microscope.
Publications408 found, 100 shown here
- A prospective randomized study with a 5-year minimum follow-up evaluation of transanal endoscopic microsurgery versus laparoscopic total mesorectal excision after neoadjuvant therapyG Lezoche
Department of Surgery Paride Stefanini, II Clinica Chirurgica, University of Rome La Sapienza, Viale del Policlinico, 00161, Rome, Italy
Surg Endosc 22:352-8. 2008This study aimed to compare the oncologic results for local excision via transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM) and those for laparoscopic resection (LR) via total mesorectal excision in the treatment of T(2) N(0), G(1-2 )rectal cancer ..
- Purely endoscopic transsphenoidal surgery versus traditional microsurgery for resection of pituitary adenomas: systematic reviewJulie Strychowsky
Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, McMaster University, 1200 Main St W, Hamilton, ON L8N 3Z5
J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 40:175-85. 2011..To determine, in a systematic review, whether purely endoscopic transsphenoidal resection of pituitary adenomas offers improved outcomes and decreased complications compared to the traditional microscopic approach...
- Forces for morphogenesis investigated with laser microsurgery and quantitative modelingM Shane Hutson
Department of Physics and Free Electron Laser Laboratory, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Science 300:145-9. 2003....
- Fully endoscopic transsphenoidal surgery for functioning pituitary adenomas: a retrospective comparison with traditional transsphenoidal microsurgery in the same institutionJean D'Haens
Department of Neurosurgery, Universitair Ziekenhuis Brussel, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, B 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Surg Neurol 72:336-40. 2009..We report the endocrinologic outcome in 2 series of patients operated on at the same institution for functioning pituitary adenomas using these 2 different techniques...
- Microsurgery plus whole brain irradiation versus Gamma Knife surgery alone for treatment of single metastases to the brain: a randomized controlled multicentre phase III trialAlexander Muacevic
Department of Neurosurgery, Ludwig Maximilians University, Klinikum Grosshadern, Munich 81377, Germany
J Neurooncol 87:299-307. 2008..Is Gamma Knife surgery alone as effective as surgery plus whole brain irradiation (WBRT) for patients with a single, small-sized brain metastasis?..
- Surgical treatment of male infertility in the era of intracytoplasmic sperm injection - new insightsSandro C Esteves
Andrology and Human Reproduction Clinic, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 66:1463-78. 2011..infertile males, including the perioperative planning and prognostic aspects, with an emphasis on the role of microsurgery in the optimization of treatment results...
- Transoral laser microsurgery as primary treatment for advanced-stage oropharyngeal cancer: a United States multicenter studyBruce H Haughey
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Head Neck 33:1683-94. 2011..Oncologic and functional results have been modest. The aim of our study was to evaluate outcomes of a minimally invasive approach, using transoral laser microsurgery (TLM) as the primary treatment for advanced oropharyngeal carcinoma.
- Hypotony after 25-gauge vitrectomyGiulio Bamonte
Department of Ophthalmology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Ophthalmol 151:156-60. 2011..To describe the incidence of hypotony after 25-gauge vitrectomy and to identify preoperative and intraoperative factors that influence the occurrence of hypotony...
- Swallowing function after transoral laser microsurgery (TLM) ± adjuvant therapy for advanced-stage oropharyngeal cancerJason T Rich
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Laryngoscope 121:2381-90. 2011To perform a longitudinal description of swallowing function following transoral laser microsurgery (TLM) ± adjuvant therapy for advanced-stage oropharyngeal cancer (OPC) and identify prognostic factors associated with swallowing ..
- Long-term results after microsurgery for Cushing disease: experience with 426 primary operations over 35 yearsBernd Markus Hofmann
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Neurosurg 108:9-18. 2008The aim of this paper was to demonstrate the long-term results following microsurgery in a single surgeon's continuous series of patients with Cushing disease (CD), to assess the influence of changes in surgical procedures, and to compare ..
- Transanal endoscopic microsurgery is more effective than traditional transanal excision for resection of rectal massesJesse S Moore
Department of Surgery, Fletcher Allen Health Care University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05403, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 51:1026-30; discussion 1030-1. 2008Transanal endoscopic microsurgery, developed by Buess in the 1980s, has become increasingly popular in recent years. No large studies have compared the effectiveness of transanal endoscopic microsurgery with traditional transanal excision.
- Pelviscrotal vasovasostomy: refining and troubleshootingOsama K Z Shaeer
Department of Andrology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
J Urol 174:1935-7. 2005..In this study we present the results of performing the procedure bilaterally at the same session as well as technique troubleshooting...
- Transoral laser microsurgery for squamous cell carcinoma of the base of the tongueWolfgang Steiner
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Goettingen, Robert Koch Str 40, 37075 Goettingen, Germany
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 129:36-43. 2003To determine the role of transoral laser microsurgery for base of tongue squamous cell carcinoma.
- The benefit of neuronavigation for neurosurgery analyzed by its impact on glioblastoma surgeryC R Wirtz
Department of Neurosurgery, Ruprecht Karls Universitat Heidelberg, Germany
Neurol Res 22:354-60. 2000..4 vs. 11.1 months). Neuronavigation increases radicality in glioblastoma resection without prolonging operating time. Regarding the problem of brain shift, neuronavigation should be optimized by intraoperative real-time imaging...
- Transoral carbon dioxide laser microsurgery for recurrent glottic carcinoma after radiotherapyWolfgang Steiner
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Universitäts HNO Klinik, Robert Koch Str 40, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Head Neck 26:477-84. 2004Transoral laser microsurgery is successfully performed in the treatment of primary laryngeal carcinomas. Few publications deal with the application in patients with recurrent glottic carcinomas after radiation failure...
- Intraoperative varicocele anatomy: a microscopic study of the inguinal versus subinguinal approachCarin V Hopps
Center for Male Reproductive Medicine and Microsurgery, Cornell Institute for Reproductive Medicine, The New York Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York 10021, USA
J Urol 170:2366-70. 2003....
- A retrospective analysis of 154 arterialized venous flaps for hand reconstruction: an 11-year experienceSang Hyun Woo
Kim and Woo s Institute for Hand and Reconstructive Microsurgery, Daegu Gangnam Hospital, Daegu, Korea
Plast Reconstr Surg 119:1823-38. 2007..The purpose of this study was to present the authors' 11-year clinical experience involving 154 cases of arterialized venous flaps for hand reconstruction...
- Cancer-cell microsurgery using nonlinear optical endomicroscopyMin Gu
Swinburne University of Technology, Centre for Micro Photonics, Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences, Hawthorn, Victoria 3122, Australia
J Biomed Opt 15:050502. 2010Near-infrared laser-based microsurgery is promising for noninvasive cancer treatment...
- Phacoemulsification versus manual small-incision cataract surgery for white cataractRengaraj Venkatesh
Aravind Eye Hospital, Pondicherry, India
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:1849-54. 2010..To compare the safety and efficacy of phacoemulsification and manual small-incision cataract surgery (SICS) to treat white cataracts in southern India...
- A sub-millimetric, 0.25 mN resolution fully integrated fiber-optic force-sensing tool for retinal microsurgeryIulian Iordachita
Johns Hopkins University, CSEB 112, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Int J Comput Assist Radiol Surg 4:383-90. 2009Retinal microsurgery requires extremely delicate manipulation of retinal tissue where tool-to-tissue interaction forces are usually below the threshold of human perception...
- Combining laser microsurgery and finite element modeling to assess cell-level epithelial mechanicsM Shane Hutson
Department of Physics and Astronomy, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Biophys J 97:3075-85. 2009Laser microsurgery and finite element modeling are used to determine the cell-level mechanics of the amnioserosa-a morphogenetically crucial epithelium on the dorsal surface of fruit fly embryos (Drosophila melanogaster)...
- Conventional versus microdissection testicular sperm extraction for nonobstructive azoospermiaHiroshi Okada
Division of Urology, Department of Organ Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
J Urol 168:1063-7. 2002..We established a practical and safe strategy for testicular sperm extraction (TESE) in patients with nonobstructive azoospermia and compared conventional with microdissection TESE...
- Impact of reconstructive microsurgery in patients with advanced oral cavity cancersMatthew M Hanasono
Department of Plastic Surgery, University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Head Neck 31:1289-96. 2009Our goal was to determine the impact of reconstructive microsurgery on the treatment of advanced oral cavity cancers.
- Efficacy of varicocelectomy in improving semen parameters: new meta-analytical approachAshok Agarwal
Reproductive Research Center, Glickman Urological Institute, Department of Obstetrics Gynecology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Urology 70:532-8. 2007..To determine the efficacy of varicocelectomy in improving semen parameters...
- Outcome of transoral laser microsurgery for T2-T3 tumors growing in the laryngeal anterior commissureJose Luis Blanch
ENT Surgical Oncology Section, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Head Neck 33:1252-9. 2011To evaluate the outcomes of transoral laser microsurgery (TLM) in the treatment of T2 to T3 laryngeal carcinomas growing in the laryngeal anterior commissure.
- Neovascularization and free microsurgical transfer of in vitro cartilage-engineered constructsNguyen The Hoang
Department of Hand Surgery and Microsurgery, Institute of Trauma and Orthopedics, Central University Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam
Microsurgery 29:52-61. 2009..removed based on the newly implanted vascular pedicle, and then freely retransferred into position using microsurgery. Macroscopic observation, selective microangiography, histology, and immunohistochemistry were performed to ..
- Endoscopic versus microscopic trans-sphenoidal pituitary surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysisJ K Goudakos
1st Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, AHEPA University Hospital, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Clin Otolaryngol 36:212-20. 2011..Endoscopic trans-sphenoidal surgery has been increasingly replacing microscopic surgery as the state of the art trans-sphenoidal approach...
- Investigation of reperfusion injury and ischemic preconditioning in microsurgeryWei Zhong Wang
Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Las Vegas, NV 89102, USA
Microsurgery 29:72-9. 2009..One of the common complications after microsurgery is I/R-induced tissue death or I/R injury...
- High-accuracy patient-to-image registration for the facilitation of image-guided robotic microsurgery on the headNicolas Gerber
ARTORG Center for Biomedical Engineering Research, University of Bern, 3012 Bern, Switzerland
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 60:960-8. 2013Image-guided microsurgery requires accuracies an order of magnitude higher than today's navigation systems provide...
- Evaluation of wound closure using different incision techniques with 23-gauge and 25-gauge microincision vitrectomy systemsRishi P Singh
Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Retina 28:242-8. 2008..To describe the anatomic and histopathologic outcomes using different incision techniques with transconjunctival 23-G and 25-G vitrectomy systems...
- Laser microsurgery in Caenorhabditis elegansChristopher Fang-Yen
Department of Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Methods Cell Biol 107:177-206. 2012..Here, we review the implementation and application of currently used methods for target edoptical disruption in C. elegans...
- Comparison of endoscopic and microscopic removal of pituitary adenomas: single-surgeon experience and the learning curveBERT W O'MALLEY
Departments of Otorhinolaryngology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Neurosurg Focus 25:E10. 2008..They also attempted to determine the learning curve associated with a surgical team converting to endoscopic techniques...
- NOTES rectosigmoid resection using transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM) with transgastric endoscopic assistance: a pilot study in swinePatricia Sylla
Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 12:1717-23. 2008Transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM) provides direct endoscopic access to the rectum and peritoneal cavity...
- Treatment of palpable varicocele in infertile men: a meta-analysis to define the best techniqueSelahittin Cayan
University of Mersin School of Medicine, Department of Urology, 33079 Mersin, Turkey
J Androl 30:33-40. 2009..However, prospective, randomized, and comparative studies with large number of patients are needed to compare the efficacy of microsurgical varicocelectomy with that of other treatment modalities in infertile men with varicocele...
- Transanal endoscopic microsurgical resection of pT1 rectal tumorsNadine Duhan Floyd
Section of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Department of General Surgery, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 49:164-8. 2006Transanal endoscopic microsurgery has emerged as an improved method of transanal excision of neoplasms because its enhanced visibility, superior optics, and longer reach permit a more complete excision and precise closure...
- Mechanisms of laser cellular microsurgeryPedro A Quinto-Su
Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Methods Cell Biol 82:113-51. 2007..We relate this understanding of damage mechanisms to laser microbeam applications reported in the literature...
- Analysis of the cause of failure in nonsurgical endodontic treatment by microscopic inspection during endodontic microsurgeryMinju Song
Microscope Center, Department of Conservative Dentistry, College of Dentistry, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
J Endod 37:1516-9. 2011This study examined the clinical causes of failure and the limitation of a previous endodontic treatment by an inspection of the root apex and resected root surface at 26× magnification during endodontic microsurgery.
- Comparison of outcomes of different varicocelectomy techniques: open inguinal, laparoscopic, and subinguinal microscopic varicocelectomy: a randomized clinical trialAhmed M Al-Kandari
Adan Urology Unit, Ministry of Health, Kuwait City, Kuwait
Urology 69:417-20. 2007..To compare the outcomes of the different surgical techniques used in varicocelectomy...
- The current role of microsurgery for posterior circulation aneurysms: a selective approach in the endovascular eraNader Sanai
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Neurosurgery 62:1236-49; discussion 1249-53. 2008During the past decade, management of posterior circulation aneurysms has shifted away from microsurgery. Currently, microsurgical clipping is considered a primary, competitive alternative to endovascular coiling, or more commonly, a ..
- A new, validated instrument to evaluate competency in microsurgery: the University of Western Ontario Microsurgical Skills Acquisition/Assessment instrument [outcomes article]Claire L F Temple
St Joseph s Health Care and the Division of Plastic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Plast Reconstr Surg 127:215-22. 2011The authors present a model for microsurgery learning as well as a validated instrument to evaluate microsurgical competency.
- Validation of microsurgical models in microsurgery training and competence: a reviewWoan Yi Chan
Department of Plastic Surgery, Pinderfields General Hospital, Aberford Road, Wakefield WF1 4DG, UK
Microsurgery 27:494-9. 2007b>Microsurgery has expanded the scope of many surgical specialties and is evolving into an integral part of training programmes. The complexity of microsurgery requires considerable time and resources for adequate training and practice...
- A microcosting study of microsurgery, LINAC radiosurgery, and gamma knife radiosurgery in meningioma patientsSiok Swan Tan
Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam, Institute for Medical Technology Assessment, PO Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Neurooncol 101:237-45. 2011The aim of the present study is to determine and compare initial treatment costs of microsurgery, linear accelerator (LINAC) radiosurgery, and gamma knife radiosurgery in meningioma patients...
- Structured assessment of microsurgery skills in the clinical settingWoanYi Chan
St Andrew s Centre for Plastic Surgery and Burns, Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, Essex, UK
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 63:1329-34. 2010b>Microsurgery is an essential component in plastic surgery training. Competence has become an important issue in current surgical practice and training...
- Multimodality treatment of brain arteriovenous malformations with microsurgery after embolization with onyx: single-center experience and technical nuancesSabareesh K Natarajan
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Neurosurgery 62:1213-25; discussion 1225-6. 2008..To report our experience with the treatment of brain arteriovenous malformations (AVM) with microsurgical resection after embolization with Onyx liquid embolic agent (eV3, Irvine, CA)...
- Transanal endoscopic microsurgery: indications, results and controversiesAndre Roncon Dias
Department of Gastroenterology, Division of Colorectal Surgery, Hospital das Clinicas, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Tech Coloproctol 13:105-11. 2009Transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM) was introduced in 1983 as a minimally invasive technique allowing the resection of adenomas and early rectal carcinomas unsuitable for local or colonoscopic excision which would otherwise require ..
- Beneficial effect of microsurgical varicocelectomy is superior for men with bilateral versus unilateral repairJamie Libman
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Urol 176:2602-5; discussion 2605. 2006..Little is known about the differential effect of bilateral, compared to unilateral varicocelectomy, on male fertility potential...
- A prospective study about functional and anatomic consequences of transanal endoscopic microsurgeryJ A Gracia Solanas
Section of Coloproctology, Department of Surgery B Hospital Clínico Universitario, Zargoza, Spain
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 98:234-40. 2006transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM) was developed in 1983 by Büess as a minimally invasive technique to manage rectal villous adenomas and early rectal adenocarcinomas...
- Transoral laser microsurgery for untreated glottic carcinomaDavid G Grant
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 137:482-6. 2007To report the oncology and functional outcomes of transoral laser microsurgery (TLM) for untreated glottic carcinoma.
- Microsurgical varicocelectomy for recurrent or persistent varicoceles associated with orchalgiaAshis Chawla
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Urology 66:1072-4. 2005..To assess the effectiveness of microsurgical varicocelectomy for the treatment of recurrent varicoceles associated with orchalgia...
- Transoral laser microsurgery for carcinoma of the supraglottic larynxDavid G Grant
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 136:900-6. 2007The study goal was to report the oncologic outcomes of transoral laser microsurgery (TLM) in the treatment of squamous cell carcinoma of the supraglottic larynx.
- A decision analysis of treatments for obstructive azoospermiaR Lee
James Buchanan Brady Foundation, Department of Urology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 525 E 68th St, Starr 900, New York, NY 10021, USA
Hum Reprod 23:2043-9. 2008..We examined the cost-effectiveness of these treatments...
- Is the increasing role of Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery in curation for T1 rectal cancer justified? A systematic reviewPascal G Doornebosch
Department of Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Acta Oncol 48:343-53. 2009....
- Transoral laser microsurgery (TLM) +/- adjuvant therapy for advanced stage oropharyngeal cancer: outcomes and prognostic factorsJason T Rich
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Laryngoscope 119:1709-19. 2009Document survival, prognostic variables, and functional outcomes of patients with AJCC stage III or IV oropharyngeal cancer, treated with transoral laser microsurgery (TLM) +/- adjuvant therapy.
- NOTES transanal rectal cancer resection using transanal endoscopic microsurgery and laparoscopic assistancePatricia Sylla
Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Surg Endosc 24:1205-10. 2010..Translumenal Endoscopic Surgery (NOTES) transanal endoscopic rectosigmoid resection using transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM) was previously demonstrated in human cadavers and a porcine survival model...
- Retrorectal tumors: excision by transanal endoscopic microsurgeryS Zoller
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Mannheim, Germany
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 99:547-50. 2007..In order to achieve a complete excision of the tumor while minimizing trauma, transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM) was performed. The histology of the multicystic tumor revealed in all three cases a tailgut cyst...
- Conservative laser microsurgery for T1 glottic carcinomaM Manola
Maxillo Facial and ENT Department, G Pascale National Institute of Tumors, Naples, Italy
Auris Nasus Larynx 35:141-7. 2008..We also studied surgical margins and the involvement of anterior commissure...
- Organ preserving transoral laser microsurgery for cancer of the hypopharynxAlexios Martin
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Laryngoscope 118:398-402. 2008To assess the feasibility of transoral laser microsurgery (TLM) in the treatment of hypopharyngeal cancer, with a special focus on piriform sinus carcinomas, and to report the oncologic and functional outcomes.
- Beneficial effect of microsurgical varicocelectomy on human sperm DNA integrityA Zini
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, St Mary s Hospital, McGill University, 3830 Lacombe Avenue, Montreal, Quebec, H3T 1M5
Hum Reprod 20:1018-21. 2005..The objective of this study was to examine the effect of varicocelectomy on sperm DNA denaturation (DD, an index of sperm DNA damage) in infertile men with a clinical varicocele...
- Prospective clinical study evaluating endodontic microsurgery outcomes for cases with lesions of endodontic origin compared with cases with lesions of combined periodontal-endodontic originEuiseong Kim
Department of Conservative Dentistry, Department of Oral Biology and Oral Science Research Center, College of Dentistry, Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea
J Endod 34:546-51. 2008The aim of this study was to evaluate the outcomes of endodontic microsurgery by comparing the healing success of cases having a lesion of endodontic origin compared with cases having a lesion of combined endodontic-periodontal origin...
- Repair of primary rhegmatogenous retinal detachment using 25-gauge transconjunctival sutureless vitrectomyMichael M Lai
Associated Retinal Consultants, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan, USA
Retina 28:729-34. 2008..To evaluate the anatomical and visual outcomes of primary rhegmatogenous retinal detachment repairs performed using 25-gauge transconjunctival sutureless vitrectomy...
- Postoperative medical complications--not microsurgical complications--negatively influence the morbidity, mortality, and true costs after microsurgical reconstruction for head and neck cancerNeil F Jones
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 119:2053-60. 2007..There remains, however, ongoing debate on whether the costs associated with this reconstructive approach merit its selection, especially considering poor patient prognoses and the high cost of care...
- Transanal endoscopic microsurgery and radical surgery for T1 and T2 rectal cancerW Lee
Department of Surgery, Gastrointestinal Center, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University, School of Medicine, 50, IlWon Dong, Kangnam Ku, Seoul, Korea
Surg Endosc 17:1283-7. 2003Transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM) has gained increasing acceptance as a local treatment of early rectal cancer. The purpose of this study was to compare the results of TEM and radical surgery in patients with T1 and T2 rectal cancer.
- Indocyanine-green fluorescence video angiography used clinically to evaluate tissue perfusion in microsurgeryHenning Mothes
Department of Traumatology, University Hospital Jena, Germany
J Trauma 57:1018-24. 2004..angiography with indocyanine-green (ICG-FA) is a new diagnostic approach that allows quantitative evaluation of tissue perfusion in microsurgery as well as an analysis of the uptake, distribution, and clearance of dye-marked blood.
- Impact of neuronavigation and image-guided extensive resection for adult patients with supratentorial malignant astrocytomas: a single-institution retrospective studyM Kurimoto
Department of Neurosurgery, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 47:278-83. 2004..Our results showed that neuronavigation increases the radicality in the resection of malignant astrocytomas and is objectively useful for improving survival time...
- Transoral laser microsurgery for advanced laryngeal cancerMichael L Hinni
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Mayo Clinic Arizona, Phoenix, AZ 85054, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 133:1198-204. 2007To report the oncologic and functional outcomes of transoral laser microsurgery (TLM) in the treatment of advanced laryngeal cancer.
- Prospective analysis of outcomes after microsurgical intussusception vasoepididymostomyPeter T K Chan
Department of Urology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
BJU Int 96:598-601. 2005To prospectively analyse the outcomes of microsurgical vasoepididymostomy using the intussusception technique, as vasoepididymostomy is considered the most challenging reconstructive microsurgery in urology.
- Outcome and late failures compared in 4 techniques of microsurgical vasoepididymostomy in 153 consecutive menJonathan Schiff
Department of Urology, Cornell Institute for Reproductive Medicine, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, The New York, New York 10021, USA
J Urol 174:651-5; quiz 801. 2005Vasoepididymostomy remains one of the most technically challenging procedures in all of microsurgery. The technique has evolved from an end-to-end, to an end-to-side technique, then to intussusception end-to-side methods...
- Pituitary adenomas treated by microsurgery with or without Gamma Knife surgery: experience in 122 casesH K Inoue
Department of Neurosurgery, Gunma University School of Medicine and Gamma Knife Center, Hidaka Hospital, Gunma, Japan
Stereotact Funct Neurosurg 72:125-31. 1999The clinical outcome of 122 patients with pituitary adenomas treated by microsurgery and/or Gamma Knife radiosurgery (GKRS) was analyzed to evaluate patient selection criteria and the role of GKRS...
- Impact of anterior commissure involvement on local control of early glottic carcinoma treated by laser microresectionWolfgang Steiner
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Laryngoscope 114:1485-91. 2004..To analyze the impact of anterior commissure involvement on local control, survival, and laryngeal preservation in patients with early glottic cancer (pT1a-pT2a) treated with unimodality laser microsurgical resection...
- Superior outcomes of microsurgical vasectomy reversal in men with the same female partnersPeter T K Chan
Cornell Institute for Reproductive Medicine, Center for Male Reproductive Medicine and Microsurgery, New York, New York, USA
Fertil Steril 81:1371-4. 2004..To evaluate the outcomes of vasectomy reversals in men with the same female partners...
- Transsphenoidal microsurgery for newly diagnosed acromegaly: a personal view after more than 1,000 operationsDieter K Ludecke
Department of Neurosurgery, Section of Pituitary Surgery, University Clinic of Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Neuroendocrinology 83:230-9. 2006The aim of this short review is to inform about the possibilities and limits of transnasal microsurgery in acromegaly...
- Prospective multiple outcomes study of outpatient lumbar microdiscectomy: should 75 to 80% success rates be the norm?Harold L Asch
Buffalo Neurosurgery Group, New York 14224, USA
J Neurosurg 96:34-44. 2002..The authors use the methodology and data derived from their study to evaluate critically the relevance of these two categories of success rates...
- Intraoperative magnetic resonance imaging to determine the extent of resection of pituitary macroadenomas during transsphenoidal microsurgeryR J Bohinski
Department of Neurosurgery, The Neuroscience Institute, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 231 Albert Sabin Way, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267-0515, USA
Neurosurgery 49:1133-43; discussion 1143-4. 2001..The surgeon is frequently surprised by the extent of residual tumor after an initial resection attempt and finds the intraoperative images useful for guiding further resection...
- Transanal single port microsurgery (TSPM) as a modified technique of transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM)Cornelia Lorenz
Department of General and Visceral Surgery and Minimal Invasive Surgery, Luth Amalie Sieveking Hospital, Hamburg, Germany
Surg Innov 17:160-3. 2010Single port access (SPA) surgery is a new procedure for minimal invasive surgery using one multichannel port. The authors adapted this technique for transanal surgery as an improvement of the transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM).
- Automated high-throughput cell microsurgery on-chipKwanghun Chung
School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, USA
Lab Chip 9:2764-6. 2009..We demonstrate here a technique combining multiplexing microfluidic manipulation of Caenorhabditis elegans and software for image processing and automation, allowing for high-throughput cell ablations...
- Oropharyngeal cancer: a case for single modality treatment with transoral laser microsurgeryDavid G Grant
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 135:1225-30. 2009To demonstrate the role of transoral laser microsurgery (TLM) in the treatment of oropharyngeal cancer.
- Role of varicocelectomy in men with nonobstructive azoospermiaPeter N Schlegel
Department of Urology, New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Fertil Steril 81:1585-8. 2004..To evaluate the benefits of varicocelectomy in men with nonobstructive azoospermia...
- A 10-year follow-up of the outcome of lumbar microdiscectomyG F Findlay
Walton Centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:1168-71. 1998..Patient satisfaction with the results of microdiscectomy 10 years later was high. CONCLUSIONS: Lumbar microdiscectomy achieves a high level of initial success, and this positive outcome is maintained at a 10-year follow-up...
- Transoral laser microsurgery for T3 laryngeal tumors: Prognostic factorsIsabel Vilaseca
Department of Oto Rhino Laryngology, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Head Neck 32:929-38. 2010The objective of this study was to evaluate the outcomes of transoral laser microsurgery (TLM) in T3 laryngeal carcinomas and to identify prognostic factors for survival and laryngeal preservation.
- Microsurgical excision of symptomatic sacral perineurial cysts: a study of 15 casesWolfhard Caspar
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculty of Medicine, Saarland University, Homburg Saar, Germany
Surg Neurol 59:101-5; discussion 105-6. 2003..In this retrospective study the efficacy of microsurgical cyst resection with duraplasty is evaluated...
- Use of 25-gauge vitrectomy in the management of primary rhegmatogenous retinal detachmentMarco Mura
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Retina 29:1299-1304. 2009..To evaluate the anatomical and functional results of 25-gauge transconjuctival vitrectomy in the management of primary rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD)...
- Microsurgical treatment of symptomatic sacral perineurial cystsDongsheng Guo
Department of Neurosurgery, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Neurosurgery 60:1059-65; discussion 1065-6. 2007..The aim of this study was to investigate the microsurgical results of symptomatic sacral perineurial cysts of 11 patients and to discuss the treatment options of the past 10 years...
- The role of laser microsurgery in the treatment of laryngeal cancerPetra Ambrosch
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Kiel, Germany
Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 15:82-8. 2007Transoral laser microsurgery has developed in recent years into a surgical method that combines a minimally invasive approach with the surgical precision of laser and microscope...
- The endoscopic versus the traditional approach in pituitary surgeryGiorgio Frank
Center of Surgery for Pituitary Tumors, Department of Neuroscience, Bellaria Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Neuroendocrinology 83:240-8. 2006....
- Treatment of recurrence after transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM) for T1 rectal cancerPascal G Doornebosch
Department of Surgery, IJsselland Hospital, Capelle a d Ijssel, The Netherlands
Dis Colon Rectum 53:1234-9. 2010The aim of this study was to evaluate the management and outcome of local recurrences after transanal endoscopic microsurgery for T1 rectal cancer.
- Digital holographic microscopy for quantitative cell dynamic evaluation during laser microsurgeryLingfeng Yu
Beckman Laser Institute, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA 92617, USA
Opt Express 17:12031-8. 2009..Here, we report a quantitative phase laser microsurgery system for evaluation of cellular/ sub-cellular dynamic changes during laser micro-dissection...
- Long-term follow-up of cases considered healed one year after apical microsurgeryRichard A Rubinstein
Department of Endodontics, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
J Endod 28:378-83. 2002..Criteria for determining healed cases were the same as those used in the first report. Of the 59 roots evaluated, 54 (91.5%) remained healed, whereas 5 (8.5%) showed evidence of apical deterioration...
- Microsurgical vasoepididymostomy for obstructive azoospermiaK L Ho
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital and Tung Wah Hospital, Hong Kong
Hong Kong Med J 15:452-7. 2009..To evaluate the efficacy of microsurgical vasoepididymostomy for patients with obstructive azoospermia attending our institutions...
- Basic microsurgery training: comments and proposalPaulo Ney Aguiar Martins
Department of Surgery, Division of Transplant Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 221 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Acta Cir Bras 22:79-81. 2007..Here, we propose a model of a training course in microsurgery. We also suggest that surgical societies involved with microsurgery promote training courses on a regular basis.
- Impact of video-endoscopy on the results of retrosigmoid-transmeatal microsurgery of vestibular schwannoma: prospective studyMartin Chovanec
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, 1st Faculty of Medicine, Faculty Hospital Motol, Charles University, V Uvalu 84, 150 06 Prague 5, Czech Republic
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 270:1277-84. 2013Endoscopy-assisted microsurgery represents modern trend of treatment of the cerebellopontine angle (CPA) pathologies including vestibular schwannoma (VS)...
- A predictive model for local recurrence after transanal endoscopic microsurgery for rectal cancerS P Bach
Academic Department of Surgery, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Br J Surg 96:280-90. 2009The outcome of local excision of early rectal cancer using transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM) lacks consensus. Screening has substantially increased the early diagnosis of tumours...
- Development of a training curriculum for microsurgeryIndran Balasundaram
Department of Biosurgery and Surgical Technology, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 48:598-606. 2010..We review current publications about training and methods of assessment in microsurgery. Searches on PubMed using keywords (microsurgery, training, assessment, simulation, and skill) were used to ..
- Management and outcome of local recurrence following transanal endoscopic microsurgery for rectal cancerFrancesco Stipa
Colorectal Surgical Unit, Department of Surgery, S Giovanni Hospital, Rome, Italy
Dis Colon Rectum 55:262-9. 2012Transanal endoscopic microsurgery is a faster and safer alternative to traditional surgical treatment of adenomas and low-risk (T1) rectal tumors...
- Guidelines for the optimization of microsurgery in atherosclerotic patientsHung Chi Chen
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, E Da Hospital I Shou University, Kaohsiung County, Taiwan, Republic of China
Microsurgery 26:356-62. 2006..review the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis and the issues that must be taken into consideration when performing microsurgery in atherosclerotic patients. Atherosclerosis is a systemic disease, and may affect the success of microsurgery...
- Treatment of laryngeal carcinomas by laser endoscopic microsurgeryP R Moreau
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Audiophonology, University of Liege, Belgium
Laryngoscope 110:1000-6. 2000To determine if laser endoscopic microsurgery is a reliable and appropriate approach in the treatment of laryngeal cancers.
- Surgical sperm recovery for intracytoplasmic sperm injection: which method is to be preferred?H Tournaye
Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Dutch Speaking Brussels Free University, Belgium
Hum Reprod 14:71-81. 1999....
- Distant metastases after transoral laser microsurgery for laryngeal and hypopharyngeal squamous cell carcinomaMiguel Caballero
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Head Neck 30:1599-606. 2008Transoral CO(2) laser microsurgery (TLM) resection of laryngeal-hypopharyngeal squamous cell carcinomas has become a standard procedure...
- Evaluation of a telerobotic system to assist surgeons in microsurgeryH Das
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California, USA
Comput Aided Surg 4:15-25. 1999..It will also enable performance of new surgical procedures that are beyond the capabilities of even the most skilled surgeons...
- [Clinical experience in using a metallic suture in eye microsurgery]Dushin N V Kumar Vinod
Vestn Oftalmol 119:16-20. 2003The use of a metallic suture in eye microsurgery is described in the paper. The metallic suture made from a 0.05-0...
- Endoscopic trans-sphenoidal pituitary surgery: is it here to stay?M Powell
Br J Neurosurg 21:315-7. 2007
- [Preventing lower limb amputations in patients suffering from diabetic foot syndrome and peripheral vascular disease - opportunities and limitations]S Schirmer
Klinikum Bielefeld, Klinik für Plastische, Rekonstruktive und Ästhetische Chirurgie Handchirurgie, Bielefeld steff
Handchir Mikrochir Plast Chir 43:338-44. 2011..In one case a free instep flap of the contralateral foot, which had to be amputated, was used. In 13 cases the flap was anastomosed to the autologous bypass, in one case an AV loop was used...
- Contribution of c-Jun N-terminal kinase activity to vestibular schwannoma growthMarlan R Hansen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Further, some patients that require treatment are not good candidates for either microsurgery or SRS/SRT...
- Role of Transcription Factor ERG in SkeletogenesisMaurizio Pacifici; Fiscal Year: 2013..The work will be carried out using diverse experimental approaches that include transgenic mouse genetics, microsurgery and cell phenotypic expression...
- Cellular Biomechanics of Heat-Shock Induced Defects in Drosophila EmbryogenesisM Shane Hutson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Methods to be used include time-lapse confocal imaging of GFP-labeled Drosophila embryos, laser-microsurgery to probe the biomechanics in vivo, laser-induced heat shocks of local regions within the embryos, and an ..
- HIGH-THROUGHPUT IN VIVO SUBCELLULAR-RESOLUTION VERTEBRATE SCREENING PLATFORMMehmet Fatih Yanik; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed high-speed whole-animal manipulation, orientation, immobilization, imaging, microsurgery, and injection platform will enable a dramatic increase in the throughput and complexity with which in vivo ..
- Chronic DTH and IFN-gamma in Human Graft ArteriosclerosisJordan S Pober; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Administrative Core (J.S. Pober, core leader) will administer the PPG. The Microsurgery Core (G...
- Satiety signaling in Caenorhabditis elegansLeon Avery; Fiscal Year: 2013..TGF-2, and cGMP pathways by expression of transgenes from neuron-specific promoters in combination with laser microsurgery (hypotheses 2, 4, and 5)...
- RODENT PHENOTYPING CORE &OTHER TECHNICAL CORESRALPH VICTOR SHOHET; Fiscal Year: 2011..by investigators who are usually more knowledgeable about molecular biology or biochemistry than physiology and microsurgery. The Mouse Phenotyping Core is designed to bring these techniques to investigators in the COBRE and wherever in ..
- Assessment of Reconstructive Surgical Flaps Using Spatially Resolved Tissue OximaAnthony J Durkin; Fiscal Year: 2012..Early in the era of microsurgery, flap monitoring was performed with only clinical observation of skin color, capillary refill, and dermal ..
- Lifespan regulation by the DAF-12 nuclear hormone receptor in C. elegansCynthia J Kenyon; Fiscal Year: 2011..During this funding period, the Kenyon lab will use genetics, laser microsurgery and molecular approaches to investigate how these and new genes act at the molecular level to execute and ..
- The Role of T cells and Macrophages in Cardiac Transplant RejectionSusan D Moffatt Bruce; Fiscal Year: 2010..biology and protenomics core facilities, cell analysis and sorting core, laser capture microscopy and animal microsurgery suites...
- GENE EXPRESSION IN AMPHIBIAN DEVELOPMENTRichard M Harland; Fiscal Year: 2013..the problem in the frog Xenopus, whose abundant eggs are large and readily manipulated by microinjection and microsurgery. The eggs are large enough to produce material for biochemical analysis, and importantly for this project, ..
- Harmonically detected swept source OCTKristen A Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2011..tissue including plaque deposits, guidance of biopsy needles to aid in cancer diagnosis, and guidance tools for microsurgery. The specific objective of this SBIR project is the development of a high speed, high resolution optical method ..
- In Vivo Analysis of the Mechanisms of Neural Crest MigrationPaul Kulesa; Fiscal Year: 2012..Using in vivo molecular perturbations and embryo microsurgery, together with photoactivation cell labeling, 4-D confocal imaging, cell tracking and cell behavior analyses, ..
- Ultra-Precise Laser Surgery to study Cell BiomechanicsYukiko Yamashita; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will investigate the roles of cellular structure and geometry in regulating stem cell division using laser microsurgery tools and time-lapse live-imaging techniques developed in our group...
- FORMATION,INTERACTION & FUNCTION OF SPINDLE COMPONENTSConly L Rieder; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Aim #4 we will use laser microsurgery to determine: a) if "polar winds" are present during meiosis &mitosis in Drosophilaspermatocytes &..
- Microsurgical In-Situ Image Guidance with Optical Coherence TomographyGeorge D Stetten; Fiscal Year: 2013..The present grant extends the concept of in situ image guidance into the magnified action space of microsurgery. The surgical microscope is a well-established clinical tool, which provides an altered but usable form of hand-..
- OCT-Guided Free-Hand Semi-Automated Microsurgical Tool for Enhanced Retinal SurgeJin U Kang; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Contemporary retinal microsurgery is performed by skilled surgeons through operating microscopes, utilizing free hand techniques and manually operated precision micro-instruments...
- Impact of the Vascular System and CGMDon Kreutzer; Fiscal Year: 2013..the cells, mediators and pathways that control angiogenesis, lymphangiogenesis using traditional and laser capture microsurgery technology and tissue from sensor implantation sites and correlate with CGM diabetic status.
- A genome assembly for Xenopus laevisDANIEL SOLEYMAN ROKHSAR; Fiscal Year: 2013..For embryological experiments, the embryos are readily manipulated by microsurgery and by microinjection can be subjected to gain or loss of gene function...
- Molecular Determination of in vivo Cellular Calcium Signaling During Nerve DamageChristopher V Gabel; Fiscal Year: 2013..field of regenerative medicine will be the ability to foster repair of neurons severed by injury, disease, or microsurgery. Intracellular calcium signaling plays a fundamental role in the neuronal response to traumatic damage, yet the ..
- 7T Small Animal MRI ScannerSrinivasan Mukundan; Fiscal Year: 2012..vivarium for mice and rats, and an animal preparation lab complete with anesthesia resources for performing microsurgery. The animal imaging suite will consist of a control room, imaging bay and electronic support room...
- Comparative Genetics and Genomics of XenopusDANIEL SOLEYMAN ROKHSAR; Fiscal Year: 2013..For embryological experiments, the embryos are readily manipulated by microsurgery or microinjection, and can be subjected to both gain or loss of gene function...
- Advanced Optical Methods in Cell BiologyRudolf Oldenbourg; Fiscal Year: 2012..based polarizing microscope (LC-PolScope), we are now broadening the scope of the project to include laser microsurgery and fluorescence anisotropy measurements for the development of advanced optical methods to manipulate and ..
- Integrated Multifunctional Imaging of Deep Vein ThrombosisWalter Scott; Fiscal Year: 2009..into cancer research, diagnostic imaging and therapy monitoring, cellular imaging, small animal imaging, microsurgery, etc...
- An Active Handheld MicromanipulatorCameron N Riviere; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Highly accurate positioning is fundamental to the performance of microsurgery. Vitreoretinal microsurgery in particular is among the most demanding of specialties in terms of positioning accuracy, and ..
- Infections and The Stability of Transplantation ToleranceAnita S Chong; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Animal and Microsurgery Core (Core B, Alegre) will be responsible for animal breeding and heart transplantations necessary for the two ..
- Intra-operative confocal imaging-guided Mohs surgeryMilind Rajadhyaksha; Fiscal Year: 2006..frequently on older people and in high risk anatomical sites (near or on the eyes, mouth, nose, ears), precise microsurgery is necessary with minimum damage to the surrounding normal tissue...
- Minimally Invasive Micro-Nanoscale Tools and Devices for MedicineDAVID GRACIAS; Fiscal Year: 2009..to develop an entire mobile and remotely actuated toolbox (including grippers, cutters and locomotors) for microsurgery. We have also engineered a new class of remote controlled containers for in vitro lab-on-a- chip applications ..
- Impact of hypertonic-hyperoncotic saline solutions on ischemia-reperfusion injuryAnthony Durkin; Fiscal Year: 2009..Early in the era of microsurgery, flap monitoring was performed based on clinical observation of skin color, capillary refill, and dermal ..
- Harmonically detected swept source OCTKristen Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2007..including plaque deposits, guidance of biopsy needles to aid in cancer diagnosis, and guidance tools for microsurgery. The specific objective of this project is the development of a high speed, high resolution optical method for ..
- NonInvasive Optical Imaging of Vocal Cord MicrostructureBrian Wong; Fiscal Year: 2004..and deep extent of both benign and malignant TVC neoplasms; and 3) facilitate real-time image guided microsurgery of the TVC, allowing more accurate tissue biopsies or surgery...
- Micro-Robotics for Minimally-Invasive NeurosurgeryJAMES GOLDIE; Fiscal Year: 2009..Current robotic technology, however, is unsuitable for neurosurgical microsurgery, because of the large working space that is required for the robots, and the fact that the robots were not ..
- Upgrade of Femtosecond Laser Sources for Optical WorkstationKEVIN ELICEIRI; Fiscal Year: 2007..A steerable, focused laser beam may be used for a variety of experimental manipulations such as laser microsurgery, optical trapping, localized photolysis of caged bioactive probes, and patterned photobleaching...
- Micro-Robotics for Minimally-Invasive NeurosurgeryJAMES GOLDIE; Fiscal Year: 2004..Current robotic technology, however, is unsuitable for neurosurgical microsurgery, because of the large working space that is required for the robots, and the fact that the robots were not ..
- Delta and Mesoderm Induction in Eucidaris EmbryosHyla Sweet; Fiscal Year: 2004..Using sea urchin embryos, a variety of techniques, including methods in molecular biology, microsurgery and microscopy, can be combined to answer important questions about development...
- Cell Theranostics with Tunable Plasmonic NanobubblesDmitri O Lapotko; Fiscal Year: 2013..is universal and can also be employed for detecting and manipulating specific molecules, or for precise microsurgery. PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: This project is aimed at the development of tunable devices (nanoprobes) called ..
- ETIOLOGY OF DISORDERS OF OLFACTORY EPITHELIAJoel Maruniak; Fiscal Year: 1991..Naris closure and reopening will be performed by cautery, microsurgery and suture while the animal is under deep pentobarbital anesthesia...
- DEVELOPMENT OF NEURONS IN GUT--GROWTH FACTORSMILES EPSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2001..We will use in situ hybridization, immunocytochemistry, ELISA, and microsurgery to localize and quantitate GDNF expression...
- Complex differential spectral interferometryDaniel Kane; Fiscal Year: 2004..structures s atherosclerotic plaques, detection of cancerous and pre-cancerous tissues, optical guidance during microsurgery and optical biopsy...
- NIR TUNABLE LASER TISSUE WELDINGROBERT ALFANO; Fiscal Year: 2007..reduce risks of post-operative infection and scarring and provide an improved methodology for wound closure in microsurgery and endoscopic surgery...
- Image Guidance for Active Handheld Microsurgical ToolsCameron Riviere; Fiscal Year: 2007..by applicant): This project will develop and validate a tool for increasing manual precision for retinal microsurgery. The proposed project will combine "Micron," a handheld tremor-reducing instrument (developed at CMU) with ..
- Stabilized Adaptive Optics Imaging Laser MicrosurgeryDaniel Hammer; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MINORITY SCHOOL FACULTY DEVELOPMENT AWARDMOHAMED BAYORH; Fiscal Year: 1990..be done by the directional pulsed Doppler technique using VF-microprobes implanted on the respective arteries (microsurgery under anesthesia)...
- RESEARCH ON NEURULATIONGARY SCHOENWOLF; Fiscal Year: 2001..utilize several techniques with which the applicant has considerable expertise including whole-embryo culture, microsurgery, tissue grafting, cell labeling, time-lapse microscopy, histology, immunocytochemistry, and whole mount in situ ..
- DIODE LASER SYSTEM FOR FEEDBACK-CONTROLLED TISSUE WELDROBERT REDIKER; Fiscal Year: 1993..In oral surgery, removal of lower wisdom teeth can result in nerve injury requiring microsurgery to repair damaged peripheral nerves...
- ACTIVE ERROR CANCELING FOR MANUAL MICROMANIPULATIONCameron Riviere; Fiscal Year: 2001..will be used both for microinjection and micromanipulation in the cell biology laboratory, and for clinical microsurgery, especially in vitreoretinal procedures...
- Self-organization of microtubules in interphase cellsVladimir Rodionov; Fiscal Year: 2006..A combination of experimental techniques that include digital fluorescence microscopy, laser microsurgery, photoactivation and expression of dominant-negative subunits will be used to elucidate the mechanisms of self-..
- SHARED CONFOCAL MICROSCOPY FACILITYMYRON GINSBERG; Fiscal Year: 2003..be located within our animalexperimentation laboratories, which contain instrumentation and resources for microsurgery, physiological monitoring, and laser-based photothrombosis...
- TISSUE BOUNDARIES SHAPING THE EARLY NERVOUS SYSTEMANTONE JACOBSON; Fiscal Year: 1991..embryos because neurulation in them has been best analyzed, and they are most amenable to the necessary microsurgery and labelling with lineage tracers...
- Bioswellable Absorbable Monofilament SuturesSHALABY SHALABY; Fiscal Year: 2007..of swellable sutures with a focus on the absorbable monofilament type and those for use in laparoscopy and microsurgery. Accordingly, Phase I objective is synthesis of absorbable amphiphilic polyether esters and their evaluation ..
- Integrated optical imaging rat of mesenteryVladimir Zharov; Fiscal Year: 2004..of this project include noninvasive high imaging of cellular structures in vivo, guidance of laser therapy and microsurgery, and quantitative characterization of blood and lymph microcirculation...
- MICROSURGICAL TRAINING MODELNeil Watson; Fiscal Year: 1990..Practitioners of microsurgery must be able to join together these vessels of approximately 1 mm surgeries that include repair of human digits,..
- PHYSIOLOGY OF PRE-OVIPOSITION BEHAVIORMARC KLOWDEN; Fiscal Year: 1990..Using techniques of microsurgery, the way in which mating influences this behavior and how pre- oviposition is terminated after oviposition will ..
- TENDON FORCE DURING OCCUPATIONAL HAND ACTIVITIESDavid Rempel; Fiscal Year: 2001..The proposed study is a collaborative effort between the University of California Ergonomics Program (UCSF), Hand and Microsurgery (UCSP), Mechanical Engineering (UC Berkeley), and the Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Institute.
- TELEPRESENCE FOR INTRA-ABDOMINAL AND ENDOSCOPIC SURGERYPhilip Green; Fiscal Year: 1993..of telepresence and demonstrate its applicability to closed intra-abdominal surgery, endoscopic surgery, and microsurgery. In these fields, the range of functions that can be performed with currently available instruments is ..
- ANTITHROMBOTIC TISSUE SOLDERS FOR MICROVASCULAR REPAIRSRobert Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2001..this novel tissue repair technology will be evaluated for safety and efficacy for LAMA's use in reconstructive microsurgery. The program will also include the product development efforts necessary for FDA approval for clinical trials...
- MICRO-SURGICAL TRAINING MODELS AND TEACHING MATERIALSRichard McKinney; Fiscal Year: 1993..The availability of a life-like microsurgery model for practice and instruction would play a significant role both in surgeons' initial training and in ..
- Serotonin and dopamine regulation of behavioral plasticity in C. elegansMichael Chao; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition to genetic screens, laser microsurgery of C. elegans neurons will be used to elucidate the cellular focus of dopamine action...
- MECHANISMS OF PRIMARY MESENCHYME MORPHOGENESISCHARLES ETTENSOHN; Fiscal Year: 1993..including isolation of embryonic extracellular matrices, micromanipulation of PMCs, cell ablation by UV microsurgery, and electron microscopy, 2)To analyze the molecular interactions that take place between the PMCs and their ..
- CONTROL OF NUCLEAR POSITIONING IN THE CILIATE STENTORNOEL DE TERRA; Fiscal Year: 1980..The main technique used will be microsurgery with electron microscopy as a subsidiary technique...
- SHAPE MEMORY ALLOYS--THEIR APPLICATION TO MICROSURGERYSteve Charles; Fiscal Year: 1990..Commercially, the 3-DOF fine positioner can be used in the microsurgery area to position cutters, forceps, shears, illuminators and pics - the majority of the tools used in every ..
- Hand-held confocal line-scanner for intrasurgical useJAY EASTMAN; Fiscal Year: 2005..development and clinical testing of a real-time hand-held confocal line-scanner is proposed for imaging-guided microsurgery applications...
- Novel Piezoelectric Translational and Rotary MotorsMichael Strauss; Fiscal Year: 2001..Therefore they will he a compact lightweight solution to better robotic systems for endoscopy microsurgery, and prosthetic devices...