Genomes and Genes
Summary: The coagulation of tissues using lasers. These lasers produce light in the visible green wavelength that is selectively absorbed by hemoglobin, and thus it is possible to seal bleeding blood vessels.
Publications264 found, 100 shown here
- Two-year outcomes of the ranibizumab for edema of the mAcula in diabetes (READ-2) studyQuan Dong Nguyen
Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Ophthalmology 117:2146-51. 2010..To determine the long-term effects of ranibizumab (RBZ) in patients with diabetic macular edema (DME)...
- Expanded 2-year follow-up of ranibizumab plus prompt or deferred laser or triamcinolone plus prompt laser for diabetic macular edemaMichael J Elman
Elman Retina Group, PA, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Ophthalmology 118:609-14. 2011..5 mg ranibizumab or 4 mg triamcinolone combined with focal/grid laser compared with focal/grid laser alone for treatment of diabetic macular edema (DME)...
- Primary End Point (Six Months) Results of the Ranibizumab for Edema of the mAcula in diabetes (READ-2) studyQuan Dong Nguyen
Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 9277, USA
Ophthalmology 116:2175-81.e1. 2009..To compare ranibizumab with focal/grid laser or a combination of both in diabetic macular edema (DME)...
- Prospective randomised controlled trial comparing sub-threshold micropulse diode laser photocoagulation and conventional green laser for clinically significant diabetic macular oedemaJ Figueira
University Hospital and Institute of Biomedical Research on Light and Image, Faculty of Medicine, University of Coimbra, Portugal
Br J Ophthalmol 93:1341-4. 2009....
- Macular grid photocoagulation after intravitreal triamcinolone acetonide for diffuse diabetic macular edemaSe Woong Kang
Department of Ophthalmology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul 135 710, Korea
Arch Ophthalmol 124:653-8. 2006..To evaluate the clinical outcomes of macular laser photocoagulation after the intravitreal injection of 4 mg of triamcinolone acetonide (IVTA) for diffuse diabetic macular edema (DME)...
- Microperimetry and fundus autofluorescence in diabetic macular edema: subthreshold micropulse diode laser versus modified early treatment diabetic retinopathy study laser photocoagulationStela Vujosevic
Fondazione GB Bietti, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Retina 30:908-16. 2010....
- Comparison of the modified Early Treatment Diabetic Retinopathy Study and mild macular grid laser photocoagulation strategies for diabetic macular edemaDonald S Fong
Arch Ophthalmol 125:469-80. 2007....
- Aggressive posterior retinopathy of prematurityKimberly A Drenser
Associated Retinal Consultants, Royal Oak, Michigan, USA
Retina 30:S37-40. 2010..The purpose of this study was to review the anatomic and functional outcomes of aggressive posterior retinopathy of prematurity occurring at the authors' institution...
- Exploratory analysis of diabetic retinopathy progression through 3 years in a randomized clinical trial that compares intravitreal triamcinolone acetonide with focal/grid photocoagulationNeil M Bressler
Jaeb Center for Health Research, 15310 Amberly Dr, STE 350, Tampa, FL 33647, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 127:1566-71. 2009..To compare the effect of intravitreal triamcinolone acetonide with focal/grid photocoagulation on the progression of diabetic retinopathy...
- Bevacizumab for Coats' disease with exudative retinal detachment and risk of vitreoretinal tractionAparna Ramasubramanian
Ocular Oncology Service, Wills Eye Institute, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 96:356-9. 2012..To evaluate the effect of supplemental intravitreal bevacizumab for management of Coats' disease...
- Comparison of laser photocoagulation for diabetic retinopathy using 532-nm standard laser versus multispot pattern scan laserManish Nagpal
Retina Foundation, Near Shahibag Underbridge, Shahibag, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India 380004
Retina 30:452-8. 2010....
- Factors associated with improvement and worsening of visual acuity 2 years after focal/grid photocoagulation for diabetic macular edemaLloyd Paul Aiello
Joslin Diabetes Center and Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Ophthalmology 117:946-53. 2010..net) trial comparing triamcinolone with focal/grid laser...
- Lipid-lowering drug atorvastatin as an adjunct in the management of diabetic macular edemaAmod Gupta
Department of Ophthalmology, Postgraduate Institute of Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Am J Ophthalmol 137:675-82. 2004....
- Two-year results of a randomized trial of intravitreal bevacizumab alone or combined with triamcinolone versus laser in diabetic macular edemaMasoud Soheilian
Ophthalmology Department and Ophthalmic Research Center, Labbafinejad Medical Center, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Retina 32:314-21. 2012....
- The impact of pulse duration and burn grade on size of retinal photocoagulation lesion: implications for pattern densityDaniel Palanker
Department of Ophthalmology, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305 4085, USA
Retina 31:1664-9. 2011..Smaller lesions result in fewer complications but may potentially reduce clinical efficacy. It is worthwhile to reevaluate existing standards for the number and size of lesions needed...
- Combined laser and intravitreal triamcinolone for proliferative diabetic retinopathy and macular edema: one-year results of a randomized clinical trialOtacilio O Maia
Department of Ophthalmology, Hospital Sao Rafael, Monte Tabor Foundation, Salvador, BA, Brazil
Am J Ophthalmol 147:291-297.e2. 2009..To evaluate laser combined with intravitreal triamcinolone acetonide (IVTA) for the management of patients with proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR) and clinically significant macular edema (CSME)...
- Subthreshold micropulse diode laser photocoagulation for diabetic macular edema in Japanese patientsKishiko Ohkoshi
Department of Ophthalmology, St Luke s International Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 149:133-9. 2010..To assess the efficacy and safety of subthreshold micropulse diode laser photocoagulation for diabetic macular edema (ME)...
- Induction of nestin, Ki-67, and cyclin D1 expression in Müller cells after laser injury in adult rat retinaHideo Kohno
Department of Ophthalmology, Jikei University School of Medicine, Minatoku, Tokyo 105 8461, Japan
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 244:90-5. 2006..The purpose was to examine the expression of nestin, Ki-67, and cyclin D1 in Müller cells after laser injury in adult rat retina...
- Functional and morphological changes of macula after subthreshold micropulse diode laser photocoagulation for diabetic macular oedemaY Nakamura
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chuo Ku, Chiba, Japan
Eye (Lond) 24:784-8. 2010..To examine the early changes of retinal sensitivity by fundus-related microperimetry after subthreshold micropulse diode laser photocoagulation (SMDLP) for diabetic macular oedema (DMO)...
- Triple therapy of vitrectomy, intravitreal triamcinolone, and macular laser photocoagulation for intractable diabetic macular edemaSe Woong Kang
Department of Ophthalmology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Am J Ophthalmol 144:878-885. 2007..To evaluate the effect of a sequentially combined triple therapy on intractable diabetic macular edema (DME)...
- In vivo retinal morphology after grid laser treatment in diabetic macular edemaMatthias Bolz
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Ophthalmology 117:538-44. 2010..To analyze immediate in vivo intraretinal morphologic changes secondary to standardized grid photocoagulation using spectral domain optical coherence tomography (SD OCT)...
- Bevacizumab-augmented retinal laser photocoagulation in proliferative diabetic retinopathy: a randomized double-masked clinical trialA Mirshahi
Eye Research Center, Farabi Eye Hospital, Medical Sciences University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Eur J Ophthalmol 18:263-9. 2008..To evaluate the additional therapeutic effect of single intravitreal bevacizumab injection on standard laser treatment in the management of proliferative diabetic retinopathy...
- Randomized trial evaluating short-term effects of intravitreal ranibizumab or triamcinolone acetonide on macular edema after focal/grid laser for diabetic macular edema in eyes also receiving panretinal photocoagulationJoseph Googe
Southeastern Retina Associates, P C, Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
Retina 31:1009-27. 2011..To evaluate 14-week effects of intravitreal ranibizumab or triamcinolone in eyes receiving focal/grid laser for diabetic macular edema and panretinal photocoagulation...
- Macular pigment lutein is antiinflammatory in preventing choroidal neovascularizationKanako Izumi-Nagai
Laboratory of Retinal Cell Biology, Department of Ophthalmology, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:2555-62. 2007..The aim of the current study was to investigate the effect of lutein supplementation on the development of the murine model of laser-induced CNV together with underlying molecular mechanisms...
- Intravitreal triamcinolone plus sequential grid laser versus triamcinolone or laser alone for treating diabetic macular edema: six-month outcomesDennis S C Lam
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Ophthalmology 114:2162-7. 2007..To evaluate the efficacy of sequential intravitreal triamcinolone acetonide (TA) injection followed by grid laser photocoagulation for treating diabetic macular edema (DME)...
- Semiautomated patterned scanning laser for retinal photocoagulationMark S Blumenkranz
Department of Ophthalmology, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305 5308, USA
Retina 26:370-6. 2006
- Structural changes of the retina after conventional laser photocoagulation and selective retina treatment (SRT) in spectral domain OCTCarsten Framme
University Eye Hospital, Regensburg, Germany
Curr Eye Res 34:568-79. 2009..This article aims to investigate the value of SD-OCT in comparing laser lesions produced by conventional laser photocoagulation and selective retina treatment (SRT)...
- Intravitreal dexamethasone implant in patients with persistent diabetic macular edemaIlaria Zucchiatti
Department of Ophthalmology, University Scientific Institute San Raffaele, Via Olgettina 60, Milan, Italy
Ophthalmologica 228:117-22. 2012..To evaluate the effects of a single injection of Ozurdex over 6 months in eyes with persistent diabetic macular edema (DME)...
- Fundus autofluorescence and Fourier-domain optical coherence tomography imaging of 10 and 20 millisecond Pascal retinal photocoagulation treatmentM M K Muqit
Consultant Ophthalmologist and Vitreoretinal Surgeon, Manchester Royal Eye Hospital, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9WH, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 93:518-25. 2009....
- Intravitreal bevacizumab plus grid laser photocoagulation or intravitreal bevacizumab or grid laser photocoagulation for diffuse diabetic macular edema: results of the Pan-american Collaborative Retina Study Group at 24 monthsJ Fernando Arevalo
Retina Division, Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Retina 33:403-13. 2013..To evaluate the anatomical and functional outcomes at 24 months in patients with diffuse diabetic macular edema treated with primary intravitreal bevacizumab (IVB) plus grid laser photocoagulation (GLP) or primary IVB alone or GLP alone...
- Vitrectomy for diffuse diabetic macular edema associated with a taut premacular posterior hyaloidS D Pendergast
Retina Associates of Cleveland, Inc, Beachwood, Ohio 44122, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 130:178-86. 2000..To evaluate the role of vitrectomy in eyes with diffuse diabetic macular edema associated with a taut posterior hyaloid...
- Polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy and treatmentsFumi Gomi
Department of Ophthalmology, Osaka University Medical School, Osaka, Japan
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 19:208-12. 2008..This review assesses the current knowledge of the clinical characteristics of polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy and treatments...
- Ranibizumab for edema of the macula in diabetes study: 3-year outcomes and the need for prolonged frequent treatmentDiana V Do
Wilmer Eye Institute, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 N Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
JAMA Ophthalmol 131:139-45. 2013..To assess the benefit of increased follow-up and treatment with ranibizumab between months 24 and 36 in the Ranibizumab for Edema of the Macula in Diabetes (READ-2) Study...
- Inhibition of TNF-alpha reduces laser-induced choroidal neovascularizationXuan Shi
Department of Vitreoretinal Surgery, Center of Ophthalmology, Germany
Exp Eye Res 83:1325-34. 2006..These results suggest the involvement of TNF-alpha in the development of laser-induced CNV and its potential use as a therapeutic agent in the age-related macular degeneration...
- Case series of angle-closure glaucoma after laser treatment for retinopathy of prematurityLucas Trigler
Duke University Eye Center, Durham, NC, USA
J AAPOS 9:17-21. 2005..Angle-closure glaucoma after laser photocoagulation for ROP is rare. The purpose of this study was to identify additional cases of angle-closure glaucoma following laser treatment for ROP...
- Subthreshold diode micropulse panretinal photocoagulation for proliferative diabetic retinopathyJ K Luttrull
Eye (Lond) 22:607-12. 2008..To report the visual acuity and clinical outcomes of a pilot study of subthreshold diode micropulse (SDM) panretinal photocoagulation (PRP) for treatment of diabetic retinopathy...
- Trans-scleral diode laser photocoagulation in proliferative sickle cell retinopathyV Seiberth
Department of Ophthalmology, Klinikum Mannheim, Faculty for Clinical Medicine of the University of Heidelberg, Germany
Ophthalmology 106:1828-9. 1999..To demonstrate the feasibility of trans-scleral diode laser photocoagulation for the treatment of proliferative sickle cell retinopathy...
- Subthreshold diode laser micropulse photocoagulation versus intravitreal injections of bevacizumab in the treatment of central serous chorioretinopathyM J Koss
Unit of Vitreo Retinal Surgery, Department of Ophthalmology, Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Eye (Lond) 26:307-14. 2012..To evaluate the treatment of central serous chorioretinopathy (CSC) with either subthreshold diode laser MicroPulse (SDM) or intravitreal bevacizumab (BCZ)...
- Quantifying alterations of macular thickness before and after panretinal photocoagulation in patients with severe diabetic retinopathy and good visionMasahiko Shimura
Department of Ophthalmology, Tohoku Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Ophthalmology 110:2386-94. 2003..To investigate the alterations of macular thickness during and after panretinal photocoagulation (PRP) in patients with severe diabetic retinopathy and good vision, and to compare the outcomes of weekly and biweekly treatments...
- Intravitreal triamcinolone prior to laser treatment of diabetic macular edema: 24-month results of a randomized controlled trialMark C Gillies
Save Sight Institute, The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Ophthalmology 118:866-72. 2011..To report the 24 months outcomes from a clinical trial of intravitreal triamcinolone acetonide (IVTA) plus laser versus laser treatment only in eyes with diabetic macular edema (DME)...
- Randomized clinical trial evaluating mETDRS versus normal or high-density micropulse photocoagulation for diabetic macular edemaDaniel Lavinsky
Federal University of São Paulo UNIFESP Universidata Federal de São Paulo EPM Escola Paulista de Medicina, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:4314-23. 2011....
- Panretinal photocoagulation for proliferative diabetic retinopathy: pattern scan laser versus argon laserAimee V Chappelow
Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 153:137-42.e2. 2012..To evaluate the efficacy of the pattern scan laser (PASCAL) in treating newly diagnosed high-risk proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR)...
- Long-term therapeutic efficacy of the subthreshold micropulse diode laser photocoagulation for diabetic macular edemaYoko Takatsuna
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 55:365-9. 2011..To investigate the long-term efficacy of subthreshold micropulse diode laser photocoagulation (SMDLP) on diabetic macular edema (DME)...
- Economic considerations of macular edema therapiesWilliam E Smiddy
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, PO Box 016880, Miami, FL 33101 6880, USA
Ophthalmology 118:1827-33. 2011..To relate costs and treatment benefits for diabetic macular edema (DME), branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO), and central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO)...
- Non-damaging retinal phototherapy: dynamic range of heat shock protein expressionChristopher Sramek
Hansen Experimental Physics Laboratory, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:1780-7. 2011..To assess the range of cellular responses to sublethal hyperthermia, expression of the gene encoding a 70 kDa heat shock protein (HSP70) was evaluated after laser irradiation using a transgenic reporter mouse...
- Differences in the temporal expression of regulatory growth factors during choroidal neovascular developmentWenzheng Hu
Department of Ophthalmology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5175, USA
Exp Eye Res 88:79-91. 2009....
- Nonvisible subthreshold micropulse diode laser (810 nm) treatment of central serous chorioretinopathy. A pilot studyP Lanzetta
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Udine, Udine Italy
Eur J Ophthalmol 18:934-40. 2008..To verify the efficacy of nonvisible micropulse diode laser irradiation in the treatment of central serous chorioretinopathy (CSC)...
- Choroidal neovascularization in retinochoroidal coloboma: thermal laser treatment achieves long-term stabilization of visual acuityM Spitzer
Eye (Lond) 20:969-72. 2006
- Intravitreal triamcinolone for diabetic macular edema that persists after laser treatment: three-month efficacy and safety results of a prospective, randomized, double-masked, placebo-controlled clinical trialFlorian K P Sutter
Save Sight Institute, Department of Clinical Ophthalmology and Eye Health, The University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Ophthalmology 111:2044-9. 2004..To determine whether an intravitreal injection of triamcinolone acetonide for persistent diabetic macular edema after adequate laser treatment improves visual acuity...
- Diabetic retinopathyDonald S Fong
Diabetes Care 26:S99-S102. 2003
- Healing of retinal photocoagulation lesionsYannis M Paulus
Department of Ophthalmology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5308, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:5540-5. 2008..To systematically assess the changes in retinal morphology during the healing of retinal photocoagulation lesions of various clinical grades...
- Micropulsed diode laser therapy: evolution and clinical applicationsSobha Sivaprasad
Department of Ophthalmology, King s College Hospital, London, UK
Surv Ophthalmol 55:516-30. 2010..The report includes the rationale and basic principles underlying micropulse diode laser therapy, together with a review of its current clinical applications...
- Experimental mouse ocular hypertension: establishment of the modelMakoto Aihara
Hamilton Glaucoma Center, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:4314-20. 2003..To establish an experimental model of ocular hypertension in the mouse...
- A mouse model of elevated intraocular pressure: retina and optic nerve findingsRonald L Gross
Department of Ophthalmology, Cullen Eye Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Tex, USA
Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc 101:163-9; discussion 169-71. 2003..To develop and characterize a mouse model of elevated intraocular pressure (IOP) as a means to investigate the underlying cellular and genetic mechanisms of glaucomatous optic neuropathy...
- Retinopathy of prematurity in the United StatesE M Lad
Department of Ophthalmology, Stanford University School of Medicine, 1225 Crane Street, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 92:320-5. 2008..To determine the incidence of retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) based upon a national database and to identify baseline characteristics, demographic information, comorbidities, and surgical interventions...
- Randomized trial of peribulbar triamcinolone acetonide with and without focal photocoagulation for mild diabetic macular edema: a pilot studyE Chew
Ophthalmology 114:1190-6. 2007..To provide pilot data on the safety and efficacy of anterior and posterior sub-Tenon injections of triamcinolone either alone or in combination with focal photocoagulation in the treatment of mild diabetic macular edema (DME)...
- Long term functional and structural outcomes of laser therapy for retinopathy of prematurityE McLoone
The Children s Hospital, Temple Street, Dublin 1, Republic of Ireland
Br J Ophthalmol 90:754-9. 2006..To assess the long term functional and structural outcomes of premature babies who received diode laser photocoagulation for threshold retinopathy of prematurity (ROP)...
- A prospective, comparative study between endoscopic cyclophotocoagulation and the Ahmed drainage implant in refractory glaucomaFrancisco E Lima
Federal University of Goias, Goiania, GO, Brazil
J Glaucoma 13:233-7. 2004..To compare endoscopic cyclophotocoagulation (ECP) and the Ahmed drainage implant in the treatment of refractory glaucoma...
- Bilateral proliferative retinopathy in chronic myelogenous leukemiaTony H Huynh
W K Kellogg Eye Center, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48105, USA
Retina 27:124-5. 2007
- Annexin A2 promotes choroidal neovascularization by increasing vascular endothelial growth factor expression in a rat model of argon laser coagulation-induced choroidal neovascularizationShi Hong Zhao
Department of Ophthalmology, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 123:713-21. 2010..This study aimed to investigate the relationship between annexin A2 (ANXA2) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in CNV...
- Final visual acuity results in the early treatment for retinopathy of prematurity studyWilliam V Good
Smith Kettlewell Eye Research Institute, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 128:663-71. 2010..To compare visual acuity at 6 years of age in eyes that received early treatment for high-risk prethreshold retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) with conventionally managed eyes...
- Panretinal photocoagulation versus PRP plus intravitreal bevacizumab for high-risk proliferative diabetic retinopathy (IBeHi study)Matheus Tonello
Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Acta Ophthalmol 86:385-9. 2008....
- Why do patients still require surgery for the late complications of Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy?P H Scanlon
Gloucestershire Eye Unit, Cheltenham General Hospital, Cheltenham, UK
Eye (Lond) 24:435-40. 2010..To briefly review and discuss the literature on why patients still require surgery for the late complications of proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR)...
- Combined rhegmatogenous and traction retinal detachment in proliferative diabetic retinopathy: clinical manifestations and surgical outcomeChung May Yang
Department of Ophthalmology, National Taiwan University Hospital and National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Can J Ophthalmol 43:192-8. 2008..Combined rhegmatogenous and traction retinal detachment (combined detachment) is a serious complication in proliferative diabetic retinopathy. The common clinical findings and surgical results of this complication were investigated...
- Rhegmatogenous retinal detachment in phakic eyes after posterior chamber phakic intraocular lens implantation for severe myopiaVicente Martinez-Castillo
Instituto Oftalmológico de Barcelona, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain Vall d Hebrón Hospital, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Ophthalmology 112:580-5. 2005..To report the clinical presentation, surgical management, and outcomes of rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD) in patients with severe myopia corrected by posterior chamber phakic (PCP) intraocular lens (IOL) implantation...
- Combined intravitreal injection of triamcinolone acetonide and panretinal photocoagulation for concomitant diabetic macular edema and proliferative diabetic retinopathyDavid N Zacks
The Retina Service, Kellogg Eye Center, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
Retina 25:135-40. 2005....
- Intravitreal triamcinolone as an adjunct to standard laser therapy in coexisting high-risk proliferative diabetic retinopathy and clinically significant macular edemaAhmad Mirshahi
Farabi Eye Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Retina 30:254-9. 2010....
- Posterior sub-Tenon's capsule triamcinolone injection combined with focal laser photocoagulation for diabetic macular edemaMurat Tunc
Department of Ophthalmology, Abant Izzet Baysal University Duzce Medical School, Duzce, Turkey
Ophthalmology 112:1086-91. 2005..To investigate the efficacy of posterior sub-Tenon's capsule triamcinolone injection (PSTI) combined with focal laser (FL) photocoagulation in treatment of diffuse clinically significant diabetic macular edema (CSME)...
- Pigment-epithelium-derived factor is upregulated in photocoagulated human retinal pigment epithelial cellsLars Olof Hattenbach
Klinik fur Augenheilkunde, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland
Ophthalmic Res 37:341-6. 2005..According to our results, PEDF mRNA and protein are significantly upregulated after photocoagulation. Moreover, PEDF protein was found to be secreted in the cell culture medium...
- Peripheral retinal nonperfusion associated with chronic myeloid leukemiaSiamak Nobacht
Department of Ophthalmology, University Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Am J Ophthalmol 135:404-6. 2003..To report a case of peripheral retinal nonperfusion and chronic myeloid leukemia in a 23-year-old woman...
- Panretinal photocoagulation combined with intravitreal bevacizumab in high-risk proliferative diabetic retinopathyWon Bin Cho
Department of Ophthalmology, Konkuk University Medical Center, Konkuk University School of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Retina 29:516-22. 2009..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of intravitreal bevacizumab as an adjunctive treatment to panretinal photocoagulation (PRP) for high-risk proliferative diabetic retinopathy with or without clinically significant macular edema (CSME)...
- Intravitreal injection of pegaptanib sodium for proliferative diabetic retinopathyV H Gonzalez
Valley Retina Institute, PA, McAllen, TX 78503, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 93:1474-8. 2009..To compare the efficacy of intravitreal pegaptanib (IVP) with panretinal laser photocoagulation (PRP) in the treatment of active proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR)...
- Visual acuity after intravitreal triamcinolone for diabetic macular edema refractory to laser treatment: a meta-analysisChristopher J Rudnisky
University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alta
Can J Ophthalmol 44:587-93. 2009..To quantify the effect on visual acuity of intravitreal triamcinolone for the treatment of laser-refractory diabetic macular edema (DME)...
- Intravitreal bevacizumab alone versus combined with macular photocoagulation in diabetic macular edemaSoo Jeong Lee
Department of Ophthalmology, Inha University School of Medicine, Incheon, Korea
Korean J Ophthalmol 25:299-304. 2011..In addtion, changes of DME type were researched using optical coherence tomography...
- Contrast sensitivity as an outcome measure in patients with subfoveal choroidal neovascularisation due to age-related macular degenerationJ Mones
Instituto de Microcirugia Ocular de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Eye (Lond) 19:1142-50. 2005..This paper reviews the evidence for using contrast sensitivity as a measure of visual function and as an outcome measure in clinical trials in patients with subfoveal CNV due to AMD...
- Optimal current and future treatments for diabetic macular oedemaM S Blumenkranz
Department of Ophthalmology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Eye (Lond) 24:428-34. 2010..Finally, multi-modality therapy may play an increasingly important role...
- Does laser still have a role in the management of retinal vascular and neovascular diseases?Ankur M Shah
Department of Ophthalmology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 152:332-339.e1. 2011..To discuss the current role of laser therapies in the management of retinal vascular and neovascular diseases...
- Saphenous ablation: what are the choices, laser or RF energyNick Morrison
Morrison Vein Institute, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, USA
Semin Vasc Surg 18:15-8. 2005..Without this level of commitment, one will be left with poor results and a dissatisfied patient...
- Five-year follow-up of endometrial ablation: endometrial coagulation versus endometrial resectionVibeke Hartvig Boujida
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Holbaek County Hospital, Smedelundsgade 60, DK 4300, Holbaek, Denmark
Obstet Gynecol 99:988-92. 2002....
- Can optical coherence tomography predict the outcome of laser photocoagulation for diabetic macular edema?Elizabeth J Estabrook
University of Southampton, Southampton, United Kingdom
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 38:478-83. 2007..To assess the outcome of laser photocoagulation in patients with diabetic macular edema...
- Transscleral diode laser retinal photocoagulation for the treatment of threshold retinopathy of prematurityMohammad Mehdi Parvaresh
Eye Research Center, Iran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J AAPOS 13:535-8. 2009..To evaluate the outcomes of transscleral diode laser photocoagulation for treatment of threshold retinopathy of prematurity (ROP)...
- Monochorionic twins with selective intrauterine growth restriction and intermittent absent or reversed end-diastolic flow (Type III): feasibility and perinatal outcome of fetoscopic placental laser coagulationE Gratacos
Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine ICGON and Fetal and Perinatal Research Group IDIBAPS, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Spain
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 31:669-75. 2008To assess the feasibility and impact on perinatal outcome of fetoscopic laser coagulation of placental anastomoses in monochorionic twins with selective intrauterine growth restriction (sIUGR) and intermittent absent or reversed end-..
- Interstitial laser coagulation versus transurethral resection of the prostate for benign prostatic enlargement--a prospective randomized studyFredrik Liedberg
Department of Urology, Lund University Hospital, Sweden
Scand J Urol Nephrol 37:494-7. 2003Interstitial laser coagulation (ILC) of the prostate is a minimally invasive method for treating symptomatic benign prostatic enlargement (BPE)...
- Pseudoamniotic band syndrome: a rare complication of monochorionic twins with fetofetal transfusion syndrome treated by laser coagulationNorbert Winer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Université Paris Ouest Versailles St Quentin, Centre Hospitalier Intercommunal Poissy St Germain, Poissy, France
Am J Obstet Gynecol 198:393.e1-5. 2008....
- A randomised controlled trial comparing the Cavaterm endometrial ablation system with the Nd:YAG laser for the treatment of dysfunctional uterine bleedingJed Hawe
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Countess of Chester Hospital, UK
BJOG 110:350-7. 2003..To compare the effectiveness of the Cavaterm thermal balloon endometrial ablation system with the Nd:YAG laser for the treatment of dysfunctional uterine bleeding...
- Long-term safety, high-resolution imaging, and tissue temperature modeling of subvisible diode micropulse photocoagulation for retinovascular macular edemaJeffrey K Luttrull
Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine and Hansen Experimental Physics Laboratory, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California, USA
Retina 32:375-86. 2012....
- Visual dysfunction after panretinal photocoagulation in patients with severe diabetic retinopathy and good visionMasahiko Shimura
Department of Ophthalmology, NTT East Japan Tohoku Hospital, Miyagi
Am J Ophthalmol 140:8-15. 2005....
- Accuracy of MR phase mapping for temperature monitoring during interstitial laser coagulation (ILC) in the liver at rest and simulated respirationJ Heisterkamp
Department of Surgery, Erasmus University and University Hospital Rotterdam Dijkzigt, The Netherlands
Magn Reson Med 41:919-25. 1999..The accuracy of magnetic resonance (MR) phase mapping for temperature monitoring of interstitial laser coagulation (ILC) was therefore investigated in two ex vivo models with simulated respiration...
- [Laser coagulation in the treatment of different-type retinopathy of prematures]I B Astasheva
Vestn Oftalmol 121:31-4. 2005b>Laser coagulation of the retina was made in 126 children (238 eyes) with retinopathy of prematures (RP) by an 810 nm diode laser ophthalmocoagulator. The methods of transscleral, transpapillary and combined coagulation were applied...
- Ultrastructural analysis of rabbit retina irradiated with a new 670-nm diode red laser at different powersPaolo Lanzetta
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Udine, Udine, Italy
Retina 25:1039-45. 2005..We verified the structural and ultrastructural effects of diode red laser emissions at 670 nm on pigmented rabbit retina...
- [Combined surgical and pharmacological treatment of diabetic maculopathy]Jacek Robaszkiewicz
Kliniki Okulistycznej Wojskowego Instytutu Medycznego w Warszawie
Klin Oczna 112:19-23. 2010..Growing body evidence indicates that VEGF acts also on nonvascular cells, it plays survival role on Müller cells and photoreceptors. Therefore anti-VEGF therapies should be administered with caution...
- Durability of probes for interstitial laser coagulation: impact of power setting and probe designOliver Reich
Department of Urology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Endourol 18:299-302. 2004Interstitial laser coagulation (ILC) is a well-established treatment option for patients suffering from benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). The vulnerability of the current fibers adds to the high cost of the procedure...
- Retinal pigment epithelium produces matrix metalloproteinases after laser treatmentChristina Flaxel
Glaucoma Service, Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, 3375 SW Terwilliger Boulevard, Portland, OR 97239 4197, USA
Retina 27:629-34. 2007..To evaluate production of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMPs) after panretinal photocoagulation (PRP) of human retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) explants...
- Growth after intrauterine laser coagulation for twin-twin transfusion syndromeC Maschke
Department of Neonatology, University Childrens Hospital, Adenauerallee 119, Bonn 53113, Germany
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 95:F115-7. 2010The aim of this study was to investigate prenatal and postnatal growth of twins with twin-twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS) after intrauterine laser coagulation.
- Subthreshold grid laser treatment of macular edema secondary to branch retinal vein occlusion with micropulse infrared (810 nanometer) diode laserMaurizio Battaglia Parodi
Eye Clinic, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria di Trieste, Trieste, Italy
Ophthalmology 113:2237-42. 2006..To compare the effectiveness of subthreshold grid laser treatment (SGLT) with an infrared micropulse diode laser with that of threshold grid laser treatment (TGLT) for macular edema secondary to branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO)...
- Long-term results of the management of silicone oil-induced raised intraocular pressure by diode laser cycloablationS M S Ghazi-Nouri
Vitreoretinal Research Department, Moorfields Eye Hospital, City Road, London, UK
Eye (Lond) 19:765-9. 2005..To analyse the effectiveness and safety of cyclodiode treatment in eyes with silicone oil-related raised intraocular pressure (IOP) and to correlate the results with clinical features of treated eyes...
- Modeling of laser coagulation of tissue with MRI temperature monitoringXin Chen
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Biomech Eng 132:064503. 2010..This report deals with mathematical modeling and analysis of laser coagulation of tissue...
- Inhibition of laser-induced choroidal neovascularization by atorvastatin by downregulation of monocyte chemotactic protein-1 synthesis in miceKiyoshi Yamada
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:1839-43. 2007..To determine the effect of atorvastatin, an HMG CoA reductase inhibitor, on experimental choroidal neovascularization (CNV) induced by laser photocoagulation in mice...
- Magnetic resonance thermometry for predicting thermal damage: an application of interstitial laser coagulation in an in vivo canine prostate modelR D Peters
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Magn Reson Med 44:873-83. 2000..Results are presented on interstitial laser coagulation of two canine prostate models which are shown to provide an opportunity to evaluate three models of thermal ..
- Double masked randomised controlled trial to assess the effectiveness of paracetamol in reducing pain in panretinal photocoagulationD Vaideanu
Sunderland Eye Infirmary, Queen Alexandra Road, Sunderland, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 90:713-7. 2006..To assess the effectiveness of pre-emptive analgesia with paracetamol in reducing pain associated with panretinal photocoagulation (PRP) in a prospective, double masked, randomised controlled trial...
- Laser treatment of Coats' diseaseStephen S Couvillion
Department of Ophthalmology, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus 42:367-8. 2005..He underwent three sessions of large-spot diode laser for the treatment of Coats' disease. Serial examinations and fundus photography documented an excellent involutional response with an improvement in visual acuity...
- Nonpeptide Somatostatin Agonists for RetinopathyMaria Grant; Fiscal Year: 2005..Currently, there is no drug treatment for either DR or ARMD patients, with panretinal laser coagulation surgery as the only option to delay blindness...
- Nonpeptide Somatostatin Agonists for RetinopathyGideon Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2003..Currently, there is no drug treatment for DR patients and pannretinal laser coagulation surgery is the only option to delay blindness...
- The Predictive Value of Pre-plus Disease in ROPDavid Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Breast Tissue ablation by Conductive HeatingGal Shafirstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..It can also be applied, through further research, to other types of cancers (e.g. lung, kidney, head and neck) that involve surgical resection of solid tumors. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Endothelial Progenitor Cell Biology in Type 1 DiabetesTimothy Crombleholme; Fiscal Year: 2008..3. To determine the mechanisms by which type I diabetes alters EPC gene expression and function. ..
- Endothelial Progenitor Cell Recruitment in Diabetic MiceTimothy Crombleholme; Fiscal Year: 2008..To determine the mechanisms by which EPCs orchestrate the local angiogenic response by interaction with resident cellular milieu. ..
- Endothelial Transmigration Across the RPE BarrierMary Elizabeth Hartnett; Fiscal Year: 2005..Increased knowledge of the mechanisms that cause this destructive phenomenon may lead to future means to prevent CNV in the neurosensory retina, and thus, reduce vision loss in AMD. ..
- Twin-Twin Transfusion Syndrome TrialTimothy Crombleholme; Fiscal Year: 2004..The overall goal of the study is to improve the outcomes of twins with TTTS by determining which treatment for TTTS has a better survival as well as cardiac, neurologic, and developmental outcome. ..
- DERMAL-EPIDERMAL INTERACTIONS IN DIABETIC WOUND HEALINGTimothy Crombleholme; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Chitosan hemostatic device for laparoscopic applicationsHua Xie; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- AGE-RELATED MACULAR DEGENERATION PREVENTION TRIALStuart Fine; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, the participating patients will be described with by their scores on both general and vision specific quality of life assessments. ..
- Manufacturing Process for Albumin-ICG Solder & Denatured Albumin ScaffoldYasmin Wadia; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) Blood conservation by reducing transfusion requirements. 4) Can be used laparoscopically for elective surgeries on liver and kidney. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Therapies for BPH - Treatme*Robert Donnell; Fiscal Year: 2005..In summary, this proposal outlines what we believe to be the outstanding credentials of the Division of Urology, the Medical College of Wisconsin to serve as a clinical center in this multi-institutional trial. ..
- Imaging the vascular response to implantsJennifer Barton; Fiscal Year: 2006..This aim includes developing miniature probes for intravascular and external use, increasing acquisition speed, and performing signal and image processing to measure perfusion, shear rate, and tissue image texture. ..
- Pulsed Electron Avalanche Knife: Intraocular Microsurg.Daniel Palanker; Fiscal Year: 2006..The low cost and small size of this system combined with high precision, reliability and versatility should allow for a widespread acceptance into operating practice. ..
- Apoptosis in Retinal DetachmentsDavid Zacks; Fiscal Year: 2006..This will allow us to develop and test new neuroprotective therapies for improving visual outcomes in retinal disease. ..
- PROTEOMIC ANALYSIS OF AGE-RELATED MACULAR DEGENERATIONTONGALP TEZEL; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Role of Polycystins in the Regulation of Intracellular Calcium and Vascular RQi Qian; Fiscal Year: 2007..The information gained from the proposed study will greatly enhance our understanding in the pathogenesis of vascular complications in ADPKD and provide potential areas for therapeutic targets. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Statistical Analysis of Longitudinal Medical Cost DataLei Liu; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] Finally, we will develop ready-to-use software to facilitate the application of our methods in practical data analysis. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Control of Eye Melanoma MetastsisHans E Grossniklaus; Fiscal Year: 2010..The third aim determines the mechanism of combined angiostatin/IFN control of the micrometastases using methods in the first two aims. ..
- Heart Failure: Epidemiology & Outcomes in the ElderlyLesley Curtis; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- UGI Hemorrhage and Barrett's EpitheliumDennis Jensen; Fiscal Year: 2008..This award will continue to enhance the applicant's research productivity and provide skilled mentoring for young investigators, so they can become independent patient-oriented investigators in digestive diseases. ..
- Optical imaging of blood perfusion to predict treatment failureSteven Jacques; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Optical Imaging of Ovarian Carcinogenesis in a Rat Menopause ModelJennifer Kehlet Barton; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- Vascular Complications of Polycystic Kidney DiseaseQi Qian; Fiscal Year: 2007..This period of laboratory based study, plus the formalized career development program, is designed to train the candidate as a physician scientist with a unique expertise in vascular aspects of ADPKD. ..
- Telemedical Diagnosis of Retinopathy of PrematurityMichael Chiang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Columbia University has a strong existing framework in medical information systems, telemedicine, and public health, which will be leveraged to complete this training and research program successfully. ..
- CYTOKINE MODULATION IN PROLIFERATIVE VITREORETINOPATHYGLENN JAFFE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Density-dependent effects of IL-1, TNFalpha, and specific NF-kappaB inhibitors on NF-kappaB-mediated RPE apoptosis will be quantified. IV) To determine whether specific in vivo NF-kappaB blockade inhibits PVR. ..
- EYE GROWTH DURING INFANCYScott Lambert; Fiscal Year: 2001..In addition, by understanding the mechanisms retarding ocular growth, it may be possible to modulate the excessive ocular growth which occurs in certain pathological conditions such as retinopathy of prematurity. ..
- PEDIATRIC LOW VISIONWILLIAM GOOD; Fiscal Year: 2002..Do strabismus and anisometropia affect different visual functions differentially? Is the combination of risk-factors more amblyogenic? ..
- ACTIVE THROMBOSIS, THROMBOLYSIS, AND STROKE OUTCOMEBrant Watson; Fiscal Year: 2003..Outcome at 3 days, monitored by histological evaluation of regions of frank and incomplete infarction, will be correlated with the time course of reperfusion-inducing treatments and associated molecular changes. ..
- Control of Eye Melanoma MetastasisHans Grossniklaus; Fiscal Year: 2003..Both the IFN and angiostatin will prevent the progression of micrometastases into metastases by anti-angiogenesis. Angiostatin will prevent metastases by an anti-melanoma invasion effect. ..
- SUBMACULAR SURGERY TRIALS PATHOLOGY CENTERHans Grossniklaus; Fiscal Year: 2003..Additionally, eyes obtained post-mortem from patients enrolled in the SST will be studied for pathologic correlation with clinical findings and outcomes. ..
- OCULAR MELANOMAPaul Finger; Fiscal Year: 2003..Standardized clinical and data collection procedures will be employed, and standardized forms will be used in all centers. Central training and certification of all study staff will be required. ..
- Optical Detection of Barrett's Under Squamous EpitheliumMichael Kimmey; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- The Role of Outer Retinal Injury in GlaucomaT Nork; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- BIOMEDICAL OPTICS FOR MEDICAL RESEARCH AND CLINICAL CARESteven Jacques; Fiscal Year: 2004..The research program complements a Biomedical Optics curriculum. ..
- Laser Catheter for Dethrombosis of Arterial OcclusionBrant Watson; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally, we will examine by histologic staining and microscopy the treated portion of the CCA for residual thrombotic material. ..
- STUDIES OF BARRETTS ESOPHAGUSGareth Dulai; Fiscal Year: 2005..The applicant has no comparable source of salary for the proposed period of research and training. ..
- Control System for MRI Monitored Thermal TherapiesGARY ZIENTARA; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Array Detectors for Accelerated Small Animal MRIJames Bankson; Fiscal Year: 2004..This collaborative effort has been established between UTMDACC and Bruker Biospin MRI out of common interest in enhancing throughput using these instruments. ..
- OCULAR MELANOMAStuart Fine; Fiscal Year: 2004..Standardized clinical and data collection procedures will be employed, and standardized forms will be used in all centers. Central training and certification of all study staff will be required. ..
- Parallel OCT System for Endoscopic ImagingJennifer Barton; Fiscal Year: 2004..A series of studies will be performed to determine the value of OCT in distinguishing between normal bladder tissue, carcinoma in situ (Tis), and cancer confined to mucosa (Ta) lamina propria (Ti) and muscle (T2)...
- VIDEO IMAGING OF SKIN PATHOLOGY USING POLARIZED LIGHTSteven Jacques; Fiscal Year: 2001..No human or in vivo animal studies are planned. Phantom tissues composed of polystyrene microspheres and animal tissue samples obtained from the abattoir will be studied. Computer simulations will complement experiments. ..
- Extracellular Proteinases in Ocular NeovascularizationArup Das; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such an approach will provide a rational basis for the development of potentially powerful and effective therapeutics for ocular neovascularization. ..
- RETINAL ARTERIOLAR ABNORMALITIES AND CV MORTALITYRonald Klein; Fiscal Year: 2002..Data from this study will improve the understanding of the association between microvascular characteristics and cardiovascular mortality. ..
- WISCONSIN EPIDEMIOLOGICAL STUDY OF CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASRonald Klein; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- EARLY TMT RETINOPATHY OF PREMATURITY HEADQUARTER GRANTWILLIAM GOOD; Fiscal Year: 2008..Outcome will be determined at a 6 month post-term ophthalmologic examination and at a 9 month post-term visual assessment examination. ..
- Fourth NEI Symposium on the Epidemiology of Eye Diseases and Vision DisordersBarbara Hawkins; Fiscal Year: 2007..Guest editors from the Planning Committee will be responsible for peer review and other scientific editorial tasks for manuscripts submitted for publication in the special issue of the journal. ..
- IMMUNE RESPONSES IN MACULAR DEGENERATIONScott Cousins; Fiscal Year: 2009..A new focus will be to test the hypothesis that chronic infection of monocytes with cytomegalovirus is one cause for the development of partially-activated monocytes in some ARMD patients. ..
- AGING AND VASCULOGENESIS IN MACULAR DEGENERATIONScott Cousins; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will use a combination of bone marrow transplantation, adoptive transfer and depletion techniques to evaluate the role of CD34 vascular progenitors in CNV formation, and how their function changes with aging. ..
- The Effects of Prematurity on Visual DevelopmentWILLIAM GOOD; Fiscal Year: 2008..A comparison of head ultrasound and DTI findings will demonstrate whether DTI should replace ultrasound for the diagnosis of neurological injury in the newborn nursery. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel Risk Factors for Chronic Kidney DiseaseRonald Klein; Fiscal Year: 2008..The new data may provide insights into the relative protective value of low levels of these markers on the incidence CKD in an aging population. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Retinal Microvascular Characteristics/Vascular DisordersRonald Klein; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- OCULAR MELANOMABarbara Hawkins; Fiscal Year: 2003..Standardized clinical and data collection procedures will be employed, and standardized forms will be used in all centers. Central training and certification of all study staff will be required. ..
- Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis-Eye StudyRonald Klein; Fiscal Year: 2005..insights into the relative contribution of microvascular disease to the pathophysiology and natural history of subclinical and clinical cardiovascular disease, in representative populations of men and women of diverse ethnicities ..
- Microvascular - Macrovascular Disease in Type 2 DiabetesRonald Klein; Fiscal Year: 2005....