Genomes and Genes
Summary: The use of a laser either to vaporize surface lesions or to make bloodless cuts in tissue. It does not include the coagulation of tissue by laser (LASER COAGULATION).
Publications253 found, 100 shown here
- Neodymium:YAG laser anterior capsulotomy for capsular contraction syndromeSunil P Deokule
Wolverhampton and Midland Counties Eye Infirmary, Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 37:99-105. 2006..This study presents the outcome of neodymium:YAG laser anterior capsulotomy for capsular contraction syndrome, the safety profile and effectiveness of which are unclear...
- Laser surgery of the inferior turbinate for allergic rhinitis with seasonal exacerbation: an acoustic rhinometry studySachio Takeno
Department of Otolaryngology, Hiroshima University School of Medicine, Hiroshima, Japan
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 112:455-60. 2003b>Laser surgery has been used to successfully treat patients with perennial allergic rhinitis. We examined whether the numbers and types of sensitized allergens influence the effects of surgery...
- Giant condyloma acuminatum or buschke-Lowenstein tumor: review of the literature and report of three cases treated by CO2 laser surgery. A long-term follow-upAntonio Frega
II Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, II Faculty, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Anticancer Res 22:1201-4. 2002..It is advisable to treat it early. After a review of the literature, three cases of giant condyloma acuminatum, treated by combined CO2 Laser surgery excision-vaporization and which underwent a long-term follow-up are described.
- Endoscopic CO2 laser surgery for early glottic cancer in patients who are candidates for radiotherapy: results of a prospective nonrandomized studyMohssen Ansarin
Division of Head and Neck Surgery, European Institute of Oncology, Via Ripamonti, 435, 20141 Milano, Italy
Head Neck 28:121-5. 2006..Treatment of early glottic malignancies is controversial, particularly if postoperative endoscopy shows minimal/no residual disease...
- The results of CO2 laser surgery in patients with oral leukoplakia: a 25 year follow upP S van der Hem
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Groningen University Hospital, P O Box 30001, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Oral Oncol 41:31-7. 2005..This large study with a long follow up shows that laser treatment is a good prophylactic treatment for oral leukoplakia...
- Management of oral leukoplakia by laser surgery: relation between recurrence and malignant transformation and clinicopathological featuresJunnosuke Ishii
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Shakaihoken Kobe Central Hospital, Kobe, Japan
J Clin Laser Med Surg 22:27-33. 2004The aim of the present study was to assess the clinical usefulness of laser surgery for oral leukoplakia.
- Functional outcomes of transoral laser surgery of supraglottic carcinoma compared with a transcervical approachRubén Cabanillas
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias, and Instituto Universitario de Oncología del Principado de Asturias, Oviedo, Spain
Head Neck 26:653-9. 2004..Several functional advantages have been described for the transoral laser supraglottic laryngectomy as compared with open techniques. However, comparative studies have been rarely performed...
- Complications in transoral CO2 laser surgery for carcinoma of the larynx and hypopharynxIsabel Vilaseca-González
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Hospital Clinic i Universitari de Barcelona, C Villarroel 170, Barcelona 08036, Spain
Head Neck 25:382-8. 2003Because of the increase in indications for laser surgery to treat malignant tumors of the larynx and hypopharynx, a higher number of complications may be expected...
- Voice quality after laser surgery or radiotherapy for T1a glottic carcinomaEtsuyo Tamura
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, National Defense Medical College, Saitama, Japan
Laryngoscope 113:910-4. 2003To compare the effect on phonation of radiotherapy and endoscopic laser surgery for stage T1a glottic squamous cell carcinoma.
- Transoral laser surgery for early glottic cancersSultan A Pradhan
Head and Neck Services, Tata Memorial Hospital, Parel, Mumbai, India
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 129:623-5. 2003To demonstrate the oncologic safety of transoral endoscopic laser surgery in early glottic cancers.
- Our approach to pediatric dermatologic laser surgeryAnne M Chapas
Laser and Skin Surgery Center of New York, New York, New York 10016, USA
Lasers Surg Med 37:255-63. 2005Many pediatric dermatological conditions may be successfully treated with laser surgery.
- Twenty-five years experience with laser surgery for head and neck tumors : report of an international symposium, Göttingen, Germany, 2005Martin C Jäckel
ENT Department, Hospital of Darmstadt, Darmstadt, Germany
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 264:577-85. 2007..on 10 and 11 June 2005 in Göttingen, was dedicated to a critical review and assessment of the current role of laser surgery for the treatment of head and neck cancer...
- Surgical voice rehabilitation after laser surgery for glottic carcinomaChristian Sittel
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Cologne, Germany
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 111:493-9. 2002Transoral laser surgery today is the mainstay of treatment for T1 and T2 glottic carcinoma. The vocal ability remains sufficient in the majority of patients...
- Laser surgery for angle closure glaucomaJeffrey M Liebmann
The Department of Ophthalmology, Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital, New York, NY, USA
Semin Ophthalmol 17:84-91. 2002..The purpose of this article is to review the indications and techniques for laser iridotomy and laser iridoplasty in clinical practice...
- CO2 laser surgery for vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia. Excisional, destructive and combined techniquesCarlo Penna
Department of Gynecology, Perinatology and Human Reproduction, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
J Reprod Med 47:913-8. 2002..To evaluate CO2 laser excision, vaporization and combined techniques for treatment of vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia (VIN)...
- CO2 laser surgery: a larynx preservation alternative for selected hypopharyngeal carcinomasIsabel Vilaseca
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Hospital Clinic i Universitari, C Villarroel 170 Barcelona 08036, Spain
Head Neck 26:953-9. 2004Transoral CO2 laser surgery (TLS) has demonstrated good oncologic results and low morbidity in the treatment of selected laryngeal carcinomas, but experience in hypopharyngeal carcinomas (HC) is limited...
- Office-based laryngeal laser surgery: a review of 443 cases using three wavelengthsJamie A Koufman
Voice Institute of New York, New York, NY 10023, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 137:146-51. 2007Unsedated office-based laser surgery (UOLS) of the larynx and trachea has significantly improved the treatment options for patients with laryngotracheal pathology including recurrent respiratory papillomas, granulomas, leukoplakia, and ..
- [Functional outcomes of transoral laser surgery of supraglottic carcinoma]R Cabanillas
Servicio de Otorrinolaringologia, Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias, Universidad de Oviedo, Instituto Universitario de Oncologia del Principado de Asturias, Oviedo, Asturias
Acta Otorrinolaringol Esp 56:156-60. 2005To analyse the functional outcome of patients with supraglottic carcinomas treated by transoral laser surgery.
- Perinatal outcomes with laser surgery for twin-twin transfusion syndromePeter H Gray
Division of Neonatology, Mater Mothers Hospital, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Twin Res Hum Genet 9:438-43. 2006....
- Laser surgery of T1a glottic carcinomas; significance of resection marginsK Brøndbo
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Center, University of Oslo, 0027, Oslo, Norway
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 264:627-30. 2007Since 1995 patients with T1a glottic carcinomas have been treated with laser surgery at the Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Rikshospitalet in Oslo...
- Neonatal outcome in preterm monochorionic twins with twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome after intrauterine treatment with amnioreduction or fetoscopic laser surgery: comparison with dichorionic twinsRichard Lenclen
Department of Neonatology, Paris Ouest University, CHI Poissy St Germain, France
Am J Obstet Gynecol 196:450.e1-7. 2007..compare neonatal outcome in preterm neonates after twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS) that was treated by amnioreduction or fetoscopic laser surgery (FLS) and in dichorionic neonates who were matched for gestational age at birth.
- Laser surgery as a treatment for oral leukoplakiaJ Ishii
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7 5 2, Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Oral Oncol 39:759-69. 2003..Furthermore, patients with oral leukoplakia may develop new lesions in other oral cavity locations. Laser surgery for oral mucosal lesions has been reported to have many advantages, and it is widely used in the treatment of ..
- Incidence, origin, and character of cerebral injury in twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome treated with fetoscopic laser surgeryEnrico Lopriore
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Am J Obstet Gynecol 194:1215-20. 2006The objective of the study was to determine the incidence, origin, and character of cerebral lesions in monochorionic twins with twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome treated with fetoscopic laser surgery.
- Long-term neurodevelopmental outcome in twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome treated with fetoscopic laser surgeryEnrico Lopriore
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Am J Obstet Gynecol 196:231.e1-4. 2007..This study was undertaken to determine the long-term neurodevelopmental outcome in twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome treated with laser...
- The S-Caine peel: a novel topical anesthetic for cutaneous laser surgeryHolly A Bryan
Washington Institute of Dermatologic Laser Surgery, Washington, DC, USA
Dermatol Surg 28:999-1003; discussion 1003. 2002..The patented formulation can be used to anesthetize the skin prior to a variety of cutaneous procedures...
- Endoscopic myotomy of the cricopharyngeal muscle with CO2 laser surgeryRobert P Takes
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University Medical Center Nijmegen, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Head Neck 27:703-9. 2005..Several treatment modalities are available, such as external myotomy of the muscle, dilatation, and local infiltration with botulinum toxin. Recently, endoscopic transmucosal myotomies using a CO2 laser have been described...
- Fiber-guided CO2 laser surgery in an animal modelZhi Wang
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Boston Medical Center Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Photomed Laser Surg 24:646-50. 2006This study tested a newly developed flexible fiber for CO(2) laser surgery.
- Endotracheal and bronchial laser surgery in the treatment of malign and benign lower airway obstructionsKimmo Hujala
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, North Karelia Central Hospital, Joensuu, Finland
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 260:219-22. 2003..In combination with external radiation therapy, laser surgery has become a standard means of treatment for these patients...
- Ingrowing nails and carbon dioxide laser surgeryP Andre
157, rue de l université, Paris, France
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 17:288-90. 2003..Ingrown nails are common in young people, surgery is often required and recurrence rates are high...
- Bronchoscopic Nd-YAG laser surgery for tracheobronchial mucoepidermoid carcinoma--a report of two casesC H Li
Department of Otolaryngology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Clin Pract 58:979-82. 2004..MEC, which were both managed through bronchoscopic neodymium yttrium aluminium garnet (Nd-YAG) laser surgery. The patients were free from disease, 26 and 36 months after surgery...
- A retrospective comparison of endonasal KTP laser dacryocystorhinostomy versus external dacryocystorhinostomyS Mirza
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Cumberland Infirmary, Carlisle, UK
Clin Otolaryngol Allied Sci 27:347-51. 2002..In conclusion, for nasolacrimal duct obstruction, the endonasal technique is our approach of choice, with revision surgery if necessary, and the external technique is held in reserve...
- Cost savings of unsedated office-based laser surgery for laryngeal papillomasCatherine J Rees
Department of Otolaryngology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 116:45-8. 2007Unsedated office-based laryngeal laser surgery (UOLS) is now an effective alternative to traditional operating room-based suspension microdirect laryngoscopy under general anesthesia...
- Value of endotracheal tube safety in laryngeal laser surgeryAndreas M Sesterhenn
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Marburg, D 35037 Marburg, Germany
Lasers Surg Med 32:384-90. 2003..confronted with questions concerning the choice of the most efficient endotracheal tube (ETT) for laryngeal laser surgery, especially with regard to possible endolaryngeal tube fires, or combustions...
- Scanner-assisted carbon dioxide laser surgery: a retrospective follow-up study of patients with hidradenitis suppurativaJan Lapins
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Medicine, Section of Dermatology and Venereology, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Am Acad Dermatol 47:280-5. 2002..The chronic fistulating lesions of hidradenitis suppurativa spread by contiguous growth, and all affected tissue needs to be surgically removed...
- Interventional laser surgery: an effective surgical and diagnostic tool in oral precancer managementP J Thomson
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, The Dental School, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 31:145-53. 2002..In order to determine the efficacy of interventional CO2 laser surgery in oral precancer management, the records of 57 consecutive laser-treated patients presenting over a 4-year ..
- A comparison between CO2 laser surgery with and without lateral fold vaporization for ingrowing toenailsArie Orenstein
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer affiliated to Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
J Cosmet Laser Ther 9:97-100. 2007..Here we describe and compare a simple and effective method of partial matricectomy using the CO2 laser (group A) versus a similar method with the addition of lateral nail fold vaporization (group B)...
- [Erbium:YAG laser surgery on vocal fold tissue]K Luerssen
Klinik für Phoniatrie und Pädaudiologie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Hannover, Deutschland
HNO 55:443-6. 2007..Thermal necrosis had a range of about 5 microm. Further investigations on the vocal folds of humans must be performed to determine whether this laser is qualified for clinical applications...
- CO(2) laser surgery in the treatment of glottic cancerGiovanni Motta
Institute of Otorhinolaryngology, Ateneo Federico II, University of Naples, via M da Caravaggio 119, 80126, Naples, Italy
Head Neck 27:566-73; discussion 573-4. 2005..The aim of the study was to assess the effectiveness of CO(2) laser endoscopic surgery in the treatment of glottic carcinoma limited to the true vocal cords or involving the adjacent regions...
- Local anaesthetic endonasal endoscopic laser dacryocystorhinostomy: analysis of patients' acceptability and various factors affecting the success of this procedureA Tripathi
Birmingham and Midland Eye Centre, City Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Eye (Lond) 16:146-9. 2002..An attempt has been made in the present study to critically evaluate the procedure from the point of view of patients' acceptability and also to evaluate certain factors which may influence the success rate of this procedure...
- Contact laser surgery in treatment of vocal fold paralysisR Saetti
Unit of Endoscopic Airway Surgery, Hospital Service of University of Padua, Italy
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 23:33-7. 2003....
- Cutaneous sarcoidosis at sites of previous laser surgeryTanya Kormeili
UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Cutis 73:53-5. 2004..The patient denied any systemic illness and was in good health at the time of presentation. This is a case report of isolated sarcoidosis limited to the skin associated with CO2 laser resurfacing...
- Multiphoton microscopy for monitoring intratissue femtosecond laser surgery effectsBao Gui Wang
Lasermicroscopy Research Unit, Institute of Microscopic Anatomy Anatomy II, Friedrich Schiller University, Teichgraben 7, 07743 Jena, Germany
Lasers Surg Med 39:527-33. 2007..Multiphoton microscopy/tomography has been used as a novel diagnostic method for corneal imaging with subcellular resolution. Here, we used this technique to monitor femtosecond laser intratissue surgery effects...
- Monitoring recovery after laser surgery of the breast with optical tomography: a case studyJeremy C Hebden
Department of Medical Physics and Bioengineering, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
Appl Opt 44:1898-904. 2005..Although results indicate that purely qualitative images can potentially provide clinically valuable data, means of enhancing diagnostic information by overcoming present limitations of the approach are discussed...
- Posterior capsule morphology determinants of visual functionTariq Mehmood Aslam
Eye Pavilion, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 241:208-12. 2003..This study explores the relative influence of fibrosis and pearl-type posterior capsule opacification (PCO) on visual function. It also examines the relevance of analyzing different central areas of posterior capsule on visual function...
- Neodymium:YAG laser capsulotomy: a clinical morphological analysisTariq Mehmood Aslam
Department of Ophthalmology, Eye Pavilion, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, EH3 9HA, UK
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 240:972-6. 2002..This paper aims to investigate the effect of various forms of posterior capsular opacification (PCO) capsulotomy openings on visual function..
- Endolacrimal KTP laser-assisted dacryocystorhinostomyThiemo Hofmann
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Hospital Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 26, Austria
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 129:329-32. 2003..The development of miniendoscopes enables endoscopy of the lacrimal drainage system via the lacrimal puncta to visualize the exact site of a stenosis...
- Endovenous laser surgery of the incompetent greater saphenous vein with a 980-nm diode laserChang Keun Oh
Department of Dermatology, Pusan National University, College of Medicine, 1 10 Ami dong, Seo Ku, Busan 602 739, Korea
Dermatol Surg 29:1135-40. 2003..Endovenous laser surgery is one of these endoluminal alternatives, and its clinical results are being reported at up to 3 years.
- Systems of analysis of posterior capsule opacificationT M Aslam
Eye Pavilion, Edinburgh, UK Department of Computing, Glasgow University, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 86:1181-6. 2002..Further research is required into how the various types and locations of PCO affect vision and how well different systems of analysis perform...
- Role of margin status in recurrence after CO2 laser endoscopic resection of early glottic cancerAgricio N Crespo
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Acta Otolaryngol 126:306-10. 2006..In patients with early glottic squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) submitted to CO2 laser endoscopic resection, local disease recurrence was significantly correlated with the presence of positive additional surgical margins on permanent sections...
- Prospective, non-randomised, long term clinical evaluation of a foldable hydrophilic single piece intraocular lens: results of the Centerflex FDA studyK A Becker
Heidelberg IOL and Refractive Surgery Research Group, Department of Ophthalmology, Ruprecht Karls University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Br J Ophthalmol 90:971-4. 2006..Owing to the improvement of modern intraocular lenses (IOLs) in terms of design and material, posterior capsule opacification (PCO) usually takes 2-3 years to develop. Thus, long term clinical evaluation of new implants is important...
- Vocal assessment in patients submited to CO2 laser cordectomyLeonardo Haddad
Head and Neck Surgery Unit, Sao Paulo Federal University, Brazil
Braz J Otorhinolaryngol 72:295-301. 2006..To evaluate voice outcomes in patients with early glottic carcinoma treated by CO2 laser cordectomy...
- Laser carbon dioxide cordectomy versus open surgery in the treatment of glottic carcinoma: our resultsMaurizio Maurizi
Institute of Otorhinolaryngology, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 132:857-61. 2005..To analyze oncologic results in patients with glottic cancers treated respectively, by laser CO 2 or open surgery, taking into account specific-disease survival, rate of locoregional recurrences, and their salvageability...
- Laser resection of T1a glottic carcinomas: results and postoperative voice qualityKjell Brøndbo
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Rikshospitalet, NO 0027 Oslo, Norway
Acta Otolaryngol 124:976-9. 2004..To calculate recurrence, mortality and complication rates and evaluate postoperative voice quality after laser resection of T(1a) glottic carcinoma...
- Partial laryngectomy for recurrent glottic carcinoma after radiotherapyAniel Sewnaik
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery of the Erasmus Medical Center, Dr Molenwaterplein 40, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Head Neck 27:101-7. 2005..Early laryngeal cancer is treated with surgery or radiotherapy. A partial laryngectomy instead of a total laryngectomy can be used for treating patients with radiation failures...
- Cordectomy by CO2 laser or radiotherapy for small T1a glottic carcinomas: costs, local control, survival, quality of life, and voice qualityKim M Goor
Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Institute for Medical Technology Assessment Department of Health Policy and Management, P O Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Head Neck 29:128-36. 2007..Therefore, we retrospectively evaluated the costs, voice quality, quality of life, and clinical results of both treatments...
- Carbon dioxide laser microsurgery for early glottic carcinomaGian Peppino Ledda
Department of Surgical Sciences and Organ Transplantations, Section of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 134:911-5. 2006To define the oncologic efficacy of transoral endoscopic CO2 laser surgery in early glottic carcinoma.
- Brinzolamide 1% versus apraclonidine 0.5% to prevent intraocular pressure elevation after neodymium:YAG laser posterior capsulotomyMustafa Unal
Department of Ophthalmology, Akdeniz University Medical Faculty, Antalya, Turkey
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:1499-502. 2006..To compare the efficacy of brinzolamide 1% with that of apraclonidine 0.5% in preventing intraocular pressure (IOP) rise after neodymium:YAG (Nd:YAG) laser posterior capsulotomy...
- [Zenker's diverticulum in the elderly patient: evolution of endoscopic treatment using a CO2 laser]O Merrot
Hôpital de La Croix Rousse Service Pr Pignat, 103 Grande Rue de La Croix Rousse 69317 Lyon cedex 04, France
Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord) 124:321-4. 2003..The authors report their experience in a retrospective study of 28 patients with symptomatic hypopharyngeal diverticulum...
- Choroidal effusion and hypotony caused by severe anterior lens capsule contraction following cataract surgeryF Musa
Department of Ophthalmology, Arrowe Park Hospital, Wirral, United Kingdom
Eur J Ophthalmol 14:153-5. 2004..The case report describes a case of severe anterior capsular contraction associated with choroidal effusion...
- Longterm follow-up after deep sclerectomy in patients with pseudoexfoliative glaucomaLiv Drolsum
Department of Ophthalmology, Ullevaal University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 84:502-6. 2006..To compare the longterm results in pseudoexfoliative glaucoma and primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) following deep sclerectomy with implant...
- Usefulness and safety of percutaneous myocardial laser revascularization for refractory angina pectorisMohammed Salem
Department of Heart Disease, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Am J Cardiol 93:1086-91. 2004..We conclude that PMLR therapy is reasonably safe and effective as symptomatic improvement in patients refractory to medical therapy, and that the clinical benefit is not attributable to placebo effect or investigator bias...
- Local recurrence after CO2 laser cordectomy for early glottic carcinomaG Mortuaire
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Huriez Hospital, University of Lille, Lille, France
Laryngoscope 116:101-5. 2006..To point out prognosis factors of local recurrence after endoscopic cordectomies for Tis, T1a, T1b, and T2 glottic squamous cell carcinomas...
- Selective laser trabeculoplasty versus argon laser trabeculoplasty: results from a 1-year randomised clinical trialK F Damji
University of Ottawa Eye Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Br J Ophthalmol 90:1490-4. 2006..To compare selective laser trabeculoplasty (SLT) and argon laser trabeculoplasty (ALT), in terms of intraocular pressure (IOP) lowering, in patients with open-angle glaucoma...
- [Long term patency rate of the external dacryocystorhinostomy. A retrospective study in the years 1991-2000 at the University Eye Hospital in Halle]D Horix
Universitatsaugenklinik, Martin Luther Universitat, Halle Wittenberg
Ophthalmologe 101:268-77. 2004..By means of a retrospective study the indication and the functional prognosis of external dacryocystorhinostomy were determined and compared with the results in the literature...
- 532 nm pulsed potassium-titanyl-phosphate laser treatment of laryngeal papillomatosis under general anesthesiaJames A Burns
Department of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Center for Laryngeal Surgery and Voice Rehabilitation, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Laryngoscope 117:1500-4. 2007..This investigation provides the first report of the pulsed-KTP laser during microlaryngoscopy under general anesthesia...
- Transmyocardial laser revascularization as an adjunct to coronary artery bypass grafting: a randomized, multicenter study with 4-year follow-upO H Frazier
Cardiopulmonary Transplant Service and the Cullen Cardiovascular Research Laboratories of the Texas Heart Institute, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 31:231-9. 2004..Improved overall success and repeat revascularization rates may be due to better perfusion of ischemic areas not amenable to bypass. Further studies are warranted to determine whether these trends are indeed significant...
- Outcome of posterior capsulotomy in late capsular block syndrome with posterior capsular opacificationGennady Landa
Department of Ophthalmology, Kaplan Medical Center, Rehovot, Affiliated to the School of Medicine, Hebrew University and Hadassah, Jerusalem, Israel
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 34:866-9. 2006....
- [Photoselective vaporization with the 80-watt KTP-laser (kalium-titanyl-phosphate) and low-hydraulic-pressure TURP in the treatment of BPH: our experience with 230 cases]Andrés B Verger-Kuhnke
Reuter Klink, Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Karl Olga, Hospital Escuela Dependiente de la Universidad de Ulm, Stuttgart, Estado Federal de Baden, Württemberg, Alemania
Arch Esp Urol 60:167-77. 2007..To determine the effectiveness of the 80 watt KTP-laser method for the vaporization and ablation of the symptomatic BPH. Also the results when combining the KTP-laser with the RTU-P and their repercussion on the haemoglobin are analysed...
- Non-penetrating deep sclerectomy without or with autologous scleral implant in open-angle glaucoma: medium-term resultsSylvie Devloo
Department of Ophthalmology, Middelheim Hospital, Antwerp, Belgium
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 243:1206-12. 2005..This study compares the medium-term success rate and complications of non-penetrating deep sclerectomy (NPDS) without and with autologous scleral implant in open-angle glaucoma...
- Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate for men with urinary retentionMatthew D Peterson
Methodist Hospital Clarian Health Partners, and Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Urol 174:998-1001; discussion 1001. 2005..Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP) is an established procedure for the treatment of patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia. We performed a study to examine a group of patients in urinary retention treated by HoLEP...
- Oncological outcome after CO2 laser cordectomy for early-stage glottic carcinomaC Bocciolini
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Ospedale Maggiore, Bologna, Italy
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 25:86-93. 2005This study aims to define indications for micro-endoscopic laser surgery in early glottic carcinoma (Tis, T1a and T1b), to examine patterns of local recurrences and related retreatment methods...
- Oncological and functional results of CO2 laser cordectomyM Policarpo
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, A Avogadro University of Eastern Piedmont, Maggiore della Carita Hospital, Novara, Italy
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 24:267-74. 2004b>Laser surgery represents the evolution of endoscopic surgery and, as far as concerns treatment of laryngeal tumours, CO2 laser cordectomy is considered a valid alternative to conventional surgery (laryngofissure cordectomy) and to ..
- [Selective laser trabeculoplasty treatment for medication-refractory open angle glaucoma]Orna Geyer
Department of Ophthamology, Carmel Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
Harefuah 144:790-3, 822, 821. 2005..The laser parameters are set to selectively target pigmented trabecular meshwork (TM) cells without damage to the adjacent non-pigmented tissue...
- Audiological long-term results following stapedotomy with stapedial tendon preservationA Arnold
HNO Klinik, Inselspital, Universitat Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Adv Otorhinolaryngol 65:210-4. 2007..These favorable results remained constant in long-term controls...
- A review of the choice of therapy in primary open angle glaucomaA E Omoti
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Benin Teaching Hospital
Niger J Clin Pract 8:29-34. 2005..There are now several potent modern drugs, which though expensive have acceptable safety profile, and fewer problems with compliance. The decision on the choice of therapy should be individualized and not be based on long-held beliefs...
- Argon laser trabeculoplasty and reduction of ocular hypotensive medication used by glaucoma patientsPaul Gelman Vaidergorn
Department of Ophthalmology, Hospital das Clinicas, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Can J Ophthalmol 41:44-50. 2006....
- Early-stage glottic cancer: oncological results and margins in laser cordectomyElizabeth Sigston
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 132:147-52. 2006....
- Treatment of the lower eyelid with the CO2 laser: transconjunctival or transcutaneous approach?Rengin Yildirim Griffin
Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa Medical School, Istanbul, Turkey
Orbit 26:23-8. 2007..To compare the effects of CO(2) laser transcutaneous blepharoplasty with CO(2) laser transconjunctival blepharoplasty with simultaneous resurfacing for the treatment of lower lid dermatochalasis...
- Long-term clinical results of selective laser trabeculoplasty in the treatment of primary open angle glaucomaF S Weinand
Department of Ophthalmology, University Eye Clinic, Giessen, Germany
Eur J Ophthalmol 16:100-4. 2006..To investigate the long-term efficacy of selective laser trabeculoplasty (SLT) in primary open-angle glaucoma, the authors performed a non-randomized, prospective, non-comparative clinical case series...
- Influence on posterior capsule opacification and visual function of intraocular lens optic materialKen Hayashi
Hayashi Eye Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 144:195-202. 2007....
- Accommodation after Nd: YAG capsulotomy in patients with accommodative posterior chamber lens 1CUNhung X Nguyen
Department of Ophthalmology, University Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 243:120-6. 2005....
- Impact of re-resection for inadequate margins on the prognosis of upper aerodigestive tract cancer treated by laser microsurgeryMartin C Jäckel
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Hospital of Darmstadt, Darmstadt, Germany
Laryngoscope 117:350-6. 2007..An advantage of transoral laser microsurgery is that it can be easily repeated if inadequate resection margins are found postoperatively. The present study investigates the impact of laser surgical reresection on the outcome of patients...
- Analysis of factors predicting survival in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma treated with percutaneous laser ablationClaudio Maurizio Pacella
Department of Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology, Ospedale Regina Apostolorum, Via San Francesco, 50 00041, Albano Laziale, Rome, Italy
J Hepatol 44:902-9. 2006..The factors which predict the long-term outcome in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma who are treated with percutaneous laser ablation (PLA) are not well established...
- Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate combined with mechanical morcellation: two years of experience with 196 patientsIvano Vavassori
U O Urologia Humanitas Gavazzeni, Bergamo, Italy
J Endourol 18:109-12. 2004....
- Comparative study between deep sclerectomy with and without collagen implant: long term follow upT Shaarawy
Department of Ophthalmology, Hopital Ophtalmique Jules Gonin, University of Lausanne, Avenue de France 15, CH 1004 Lausanne, Switzerland
Br J Ophthalmol 88:95-8. 2004..To identify the value of using collagen implant in deep sclerectomy...
- Mid-term follow-up of Nd:YAG laser iridotomy in Asian eyesChing Hsi Hsiao
Department of Ophthalmology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 34:291-8. 2003....
- Long-term results of noncontact neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet cyclophotocoagulation in neovascular glaucomaMaria F Delgado
Glaucoma Research and Education Group, San Francisco, California, USA
Ophthalmology 110:895-9. 2003..To determine the long-term efficacy and safety of noncontact transscleral neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet (Nd:YAG) cyclophotocoagulation (CP) for the treatment of neovascular glaucoma (NVG)...
- Erbium:YAG laser deep sclerectomy: an alternative approach to glaucoma surgeryIoannis G Pallikaris
Department of Ophthalmology, Division of Medicine, School of Health Sciences, University of Crete, Crete, Greece
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 34:375-80. 2003..To study and evaluate, prospectively, the effectiveness and the safety of deep sclerectomy when it is performed with the assistance of the erbium:YAG laser in eyes with primary open-angle glaucoma...
- Long-term follow-up of intraocular pressure after penetrating keratoplasty for keratoconus and Fuchs' dystrophy: comparison of mechanical and Excimer laser trephinationBerthold Seitz
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Cornea 21:368-73. 2002..The purpose of this study was to assess the impact of the trephination method and simultaneous cataract surgery on the early and long-term intraocular pressure (IOP) after PK in eyes without previous surgery and glaucoma...
- A 4-year follow-up of a randomized prospective study comparing transurethral electrovaporization of the prostate with neodymium: YAG laser therapy for treating benign prostatic hyperplasiaM Abdel-Khalek
Urology and Nephrology Center, Mansoura University, Egypt
BJU Int 91:801-5. 2003..To compare the safety, efficacy and durability of neodymium (Nd):YAG laser prostatectomy with transurethral electrovaporization of the prostate (TUVP) for treating benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)...
- Management of post-vitrectomy persistent vitreous hemorrhage in pseudophakic eyesMaurice B Landers
Department of Ophthalmology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7040, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 136:989-93. 2003..To prospectively assess the effect of neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet peripheral capsulotomy on postvitrectomy hemorrhage in diabetic patients with a posterior chamber intraocular lens (IOL) implant and an intact posterior capsule...
- The combined continuous-wave/pulsed carbon dioxide laser for treatment of pyogenic granulomaChristian Raulin
Laserklinik Karlsruhe, Kaiserstr 104, D 76133 Karlsruhe, Germany
Arch Dermatol 138:33-7. 2002..Pyogenic granuloma is a frequently diagnosed, benign vascular lesion...
- CO2 laser cordectomy for early-stage glottic carcinoma: a long-term follow-up of 156 casesAndrea Gallo
Department of Otolaryngology, La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Laryngoscope 112:370-4. 2002To define when laser resection of early-stage glottic carcinoma is indicated and to compare the results obtained by laser surgery with other therapeutic options.
- Microdebrider versus CO2 laser removal of recurrent respiratory papillomas: a prospective analysisKimberly Pasquale
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Laryngoscope 113:139-43. 2003..To compare postoperative patient discomfort, voice quality, and procedure time and cost for removal of recurrent respiratory papillomas using the microdebrider versus the CO2 laser...
- Five year results of viscocanalostomyT Shaarawy
Hopital Ophtalmique Jules Gonin, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Br J Ophthalmol 87:441-5. 2003..To prospectively study the success rate and complications of viscocanalostomy, a non-penetrating glaucoma surgery...
- Complications of laser-assisted uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (LA-UPPP) and radiofrequency treatments of snoring and chronic nasal congestion: a 10-year review of 5,600 patientsMansoor Madani
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Capital Health Medical Center, Trenton, NJ, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 62:1351-62. 2004..The goal of this article is to provide practitioners with important data and guidelines to help them in decision-making and prepare them to anticipate problems and recommend a systematic approach to avoid or treat complications...
- Laser peripheral iridoplasty as initial treatment of acute attack of primary angle-closure: a long-term follow-up studyJimmy S M Lai
Department of Opthalmalogy, United Christian Hospital, Kowloon, Hong Kong
J Glaucoma 11:484-7. 2002..To study the long-term clinical course and complications of patients with acute primary angle-closure treated with immediate laser peripheral iridoplasty followed by laser peripheral iridotomy...
- [Dacryocystorhinostomy - state of the art, indications, results]R Keerl
Chefarzt der Klinik für Hals Nasen Ohrenheilkunde, Kopf, Hals und Plastische Gesichtschirurgie, Klinikum St Elisabeth, 94315 Straubing
Laryngorhinootologie 83:40-50. 2004..In the ophthalmological literature external dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR) is considered the gold standard for the treatment of lacrimal duct stenoses. Rhinologists, on the other hand, favour the endonasal approach...
- Long-term success of argon laser peripheral iridoplasty in the management of plateau iris syndromeRobert Ritch
Department of Ophthalmology, The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, New York, New York 10003, USA
Ophthalmology 111:104-8. 2004..To document the long-term effect of argon laser peripheral iridoplasty (ALPI) in eyes with plateau iris syndrome...
- [Efficacy of selective laser trabeculoplasty in the treatment of primary open-angle glaucoma]Tomaz Gracner
Augenabteilung des Lehrkrankenhauses Maribor, Slovenia
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 220:848-52. 2003..Our aim was to investigate the efficacy of selective laser trabeculoplasty (SLT) for the treatment of primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) in a prospective clinical study...
- Retrospective case study of carbon dioxide laser stapedotomy with lens-based and mirror-based micromanipulatorsEmmanuel Lescanne
Department of Oto Rhino Laryngology and Face and Neck Surgery, Tours University Hospital Centre, 37044 Tours, France
J Laryngol Otol 117:256-60. 2003..The optical reflection micromanipulator simplified beam alignment and enhanced surgical comfort...
- Transient Thermal Modeling and Simulation EnvironmentNABIL ELKOUH; Fiscal Year: 2003Many biomedical applications involve the use of energy deposition into in homogeneous structures, such as laser surgery, cryosurgery, and RF ablation. In many cases, numerous advantages can be realized when the energy source is pulsed...
- Femtosecond laser axotomy for in vivo nerve regeneration studies in C elegansAdela Ben Yakar; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recently, we have demonstrated that laser surgery can be used as a precise cutting tool to severe individual neurons in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans...
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2012..Four months after starting the study medication, participants may have laser surgery or other treatments for the macular edema, if it is needed...
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2013..Four months after starting the study medication, participants may have laser surgery or other treatments for the macular edema, if it is needed...
- Design and Implementation of Genetically Encoded Myosin Based Force SensorsDANIEL PETER KIEHART; Fiscal Year: 2013..traction microscopy on flexible substrates;and c) to respond to acute changes in tension induced by drugs or laser surgery. Appropriate control constructs will verify that changes in FRET are due to changes in force across the sensor...
- Advances in Optics for Biotechnology, Medicine and SurgeryJames W Tunnell; Fiscal Year: 2013..Absorption of light by water is the basis of laser surgery. The absorption of light by other tissue constituents, such as oxy- and deoxy-hemoglobin, is also being ..
- Ultra-Precise Laser Surgery to study Cell BiomechanicsYukiko Yamashita; Fiscal Year: 2013..Broad impact across the biomedical sciences will be achieved by advancing transformative laser nanosurgery technology. ..
- Novel Optical Microprobes for Ultra-Precise Intraocular Laser SurgeryVasily N Astratov; Fiscal Year: 2010..by applicant): This STTR project proposes to develop a novel optical scalpel for ultra-precise ophthalmic laser surgery. Segmentation and removal of epiretinal membranes during vitreoretinal surgery is currently performed ..
- Postnatal Growth and Retinopathy of Prematurity (G-ROP) StudiesGil Binenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2013..The disease can be successfully treated with retinal laser surgery, but detection involves subjecting at-risk infants to physically stressful, resource-intensive and thereby ..
- Molecular Determination of in vivo Cellular Calcium Signaling During Nerve DamageChristopher V Gabel; Fiscal Year: 2013..elegans to create a uniquely powerful experimental system. Combining advanced laser surgery techniques and time-lapse fluorescence imaging, we can selectively damage individual neurons within intact ..
- Noninvasive Blood Flow Mapping for Surgical Guidance of Vascular BirthmarksBernard Choi; Fiscal Year: 2010..to identify regions of persistent perfusion in the blood flow maps;and 2) identify the impact of image-guided laser surgery on the quantitative reduction in PWS skin redness...
- C. elegans model for mammalian lesion-conditioned axon regenerationChristopher V Gabel; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using advanced laser surgery techniques to dissect individual neurons within intact adult C...
- Regulation of Corneal Repair by MetalloproteinasesMatilda Frances Chan; Fiscal Year: 2013..and can occur by a variety of mechanisms including infectious and noninfectious ulcers, incisional and laser surgery, and trauma...
- Intraocular OCT Real-time Monitoring of Laser RetinectomyKAREN MARGARET JOOS; Fiscal Year: 2010The pioneering of laser surgery and ocular coherence tomography by eye researchers has had a tremendous global health impact upon the current ability to diagnose, understand, treat, and monitor multiple eye diseases...
- Molecular and Cellular Mechanisms of a Neuronal Network that Regulates OlfactoryYun Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013..the molecular and cellular mechanisms of this learning process, we will first use genetic ablation and laser surgery to map the neural circuit underlying the olfactory learning and define the neuronal components of this network...
- Molecular Regulation of Corneal InnervationJAMES KENNETH KUBILUS; Fiscal Year: 2013..of these studies on normal developmental innervation will be compared with reinnervation following refractive laser surgery (in adult chickens)...
- Optical Investigation On Early Keratoconus DetectionYING LING ANN CHEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Undesired outcomes can result from normally successful laser surgery if corneal material is removed from the eyes of patients with undetected forme fruste keratoconus (FFKC)...
- IR and Ultrasound Catheter SystemsBRETT HOOPER; Fiscal Year: 2003..is the combined use of evanescent waves and multiple energy endoscopic delivery for precise, controlled laser surgery and diagnosis in a minimally invasive setting...
- ULTRASONIC SYSTEM FOR OCULAR VISUALIZATION AND BIOMETRYGEORGE WISEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..Measurements will be used by ophthalmologists to: 1) plan refractive laser surgery of the cornea (for vision correction and restoration); 2) select the appropriate type and size of recently ..
- Stabilized Adaptive Optics Imaging Laser MicrosurgeryDaniel Hammer; Fiscal Year: 2004..locations, without collateral damage to critical adjacent layers, and with lower energies than other laser surgery. The system will be constructed at Physical Sciences Inc...
- STUDIES OF ANTAGONISTS TO INTEGRIN ALPHA V BETA 3RALPH MATTERN; Fiscal Year: 2001..The only treatment at this time is laser surgery. Integrin alpha(v)beta(3) antagonists represent a new type of non-surgical therapy...
- Oxide Glass Fiber Optimized for Short Pulse IR LasersDanh Tran; Fiscal Year: 2002..COMMERCIAL APPLICATIONS: IR fiber able to deliver laser energy from short pulse mid-infrared lasers would have many applications in laser surgery and dentistry, including ophthalmology and dermatology, for example.
- SILENT PUMP FOR LASER SMOKE REMOVAL AND STERILIZATIONRENE LECLAIRE; Fiscal Year: 1992DESCRIPTION: (Adapted from applicant's abstract): A smoke evacuation system is an essential part of Laser Surgery, both in research as well as in human surgery...
- ULTRASOUND ACOUSTIC EMISSION IMAGING FOR THERAPYKullervo Hynynen; Fiscal Year: 2000..to monitor and evaluate minimally invasive thermal therapies such as focused ultrasound surgery, RF-ablation, laser surgery, or cryotherapy...
- ABLATABLE MASK FOR LASER REPROFILING OF THE CORNEARAYMOND HENRY; Fiscal Year: 1992..Myopic and hyperopic conditions, scars, opacities, and astigmatism can theoretically benefit from laser surgery. Some 140 million U.S. citizens use corrective vision devices...
- Scanning Ocular Aberration Measurement (SAM) SystemEDWIN SARVER; Fiscal Year: 2007..the SAM system include clinical measurements to support custom vision correction interventions such as cornea laser surgery, custom contact lens, and custom implantable lenses...
- OXIDE GLASS INFRARED FIBER FOR ER--YAG LASER SURGERYDanh Tran; Fiscal Year: 2000..Characterization of the optimized fibers will be performed and attempts to draw large amounts of new fiber will be made. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: NOT AVAILABLE ..
- LASER PLUME ANALYSIS INSTRUMENTATION SYSTEMLEIF FREDIN; Fiscal Year: 1990..such as toxic vapor species (and their phototoxic fluorescence emissions) in laser plumes generated by laser surgery procedures...
- COMPACT, LOW-COST, ADAPTIVE-OPTICAL RETINAL PHOTOTHERAPY SYSTEMTRAVIS SIMPKINS; Fiscal Year: 2006..ophthalmoscope system for high-resolution retinal imaging and high-precision photodynamic therapy/laser surgery of the retina...
- WAVEGUIDE FOR SURGICAL CO2 LASER BEAM DELIVERYHANS BJELKHAGEN; Fiscal Year: 1992..Instrumentation will be designed for the requirements of neurosurgery, but will be useful in other areas of laser surgery as well. Chemical vapor deposited silicon carbide waveguides will be used to transmit the laser radiation...
- Twin-Twin Transfusion Syndrome TrialTimothy Crombleholme; Fiscal Year: 2004..patients randomized either to serial amnioreduction at one of 16 participating centers or selective fetoscopic laser surgery at one or two participating centers...
- SOLID STATE LASER FOR VASCULAR LESION TREATMENTPETER MOULTON; Fiscal Year: 1992..portwine stains, telangiectases and other microvascular malformations of the skin has been greatly improved by laser surgery. Between 1981-83, work by Anderson and colleagues identified an approach called "selective photothermolysis", ..
- PREGNANCY OUTCOME AFTER TREATMENT OF CERVICAL DYSPLASIALynn Sadler; Fiscal Year: 2001..Outcome of the first >/= 20 week pregnancy following diagnosis will be compared for 535 treated women and 535 women not requiring treatment, using multiple logistic and linear regression models to control for confounding. ..
- Retrograde In Situ Isolated Cardiac Gene DeliveryCharles Bridges; Fiscal Year: 2004..Further development of this approach may ultimately lead to the development of clinically relevant techniques of therapeutic cardiac gene delivery for the treatment of heart failure of diverse etiologies. ..
- DATA COORDINATING CENTER FOR EARLY GLAUCOMA TRIALM Leske; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- PHONATION AND PHONATORY CONTROL IN VOCAL TREMORSMarshall Smith; Fiscal Year: 2002..The experimental phase consists of studies of neuromuscular and respiratory input to the larynx. This information about vocal tremor will be applied to model simulations with the use of physiological signals as input model parameters. ..
- Safer Antithrombotic Therapy for Elderly ACS PatientsEric Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, we will use established relations with professional societies and the VHA to widely disseminate our study's major findings. ..
- Tau Isoform Expression in FTDP-17Vivianna Van Deerlin; Fiscal Year: 2005..The completion of these Aims will advance understanding of FTDP 17 and related tauopathies, and may provide new targets for diagnosis and therapeutics. ..
- HPV in Differentiated Human Airway Epithelia In VitroJohn Lee; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will provide new insight into HPV-related airway disease and should hasten the development of new treatments. ..
- Photon Migration for Measurement of Small Tissue VolumesVasan Venugopalan; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- EXPERIMENTAL PATHOGENESIS & THERAPY OF OCULAR ADENOVIRUSY Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2006..Furthermore, a better understanding of antiviral resistance and the innate immune host defenses will enable us to optimize our therapeutic options against this significant ocular pathogen. ..
- Laser Ablation of Dental Hard TissuesDaniel Fried; Fiscal Year: 2006..Use of those laser systems is likely to lead to the practice of more conservative Dental procedures that will markedly reduce the amount of healthy tissue loss that is generally associated with conventional cavity preparations. ..
- Electrode Array Reanimation of the Paralyzed LarynxMarshall Smith; Fiscal Year: 2006..Nerve samples will be harvested and studied to examine the effects of the implanted array on RLN fibers. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Chitosan hemostatic device for laparoscopic applicationsHua Xie; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF PROSTAGLANDIN INDUCED INTESTINAL REPAIRAnthony Blikslager; Fiscal Year: 2002..These experiments will provide insight into the signaling pathways and mechanisms by which prostaglandins trigger repair of acutely-injured intestinal epithelium. ..
- PREVALENCE AND IMPACT OF GLAUCOMA AMONG THE VERY ELDERLYDavid Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2003..Finally, the interactions between comorbidities (including cognitive deficits) and visual field loss will be explored. ..
- Endothelial Transmigration Across the RPE BarrierMary Elizabeth Hartnett; Fiscal Year: 2005..Increased knowledge of the mechanisms that cause this destructive phenomenon may lead to future means to prevent CNV in the neurosensory retina, and thus, reduce vision loss in AMD. ..
- An Artificial Myocardium for Pediatric SupportRobert Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2007..ABIOMED, as a leader in cardiac assist, will provide the technical expertise to develop the needed device. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- OCULAR HYPERTENSION TREATMENT STUDY (OHTS)Allen Beck; Fiscal Year: 2008..This application includes information on Dr. Brown and his two co-investigators who will follow patients screened for enrollment and randomization to treatment in the OHTS clinical trial." ..
- The Effects of Prematurity on Visual DevelopmentWILLIAM GOOD; Fiscal Year: 2008..A comparison of head ultrasound and DTI findings will demonstrate whether DTI should replace ultrasound for the diagnosis of neurological injury in the newborn nursery. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Voice-preserved therapy of laryngeal papilloma in childrenZhi Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..It would be safe and convenient enough for an out-patient treatment. ..
- Pain Assessment in Cognitively Impaired ChildrenShobha Malviya; Fiscal Year: 2005..A reliable and valid pain assessment tool is critical to facilitate our future study of pain management strategies in these children. ..
- Laser Atraumatic Treatment of Ectasias on Vocal CordsZhi Wang; Fiscal Year: 2006..the cheek pouches of a hamster model; (2) to compare the treatment selectivity and safety between PDL and CO2 laser surgery in the same model; and (3) to determine whether PDL will produce better and quicker voice improvement while ..
- Molecular Dissection of Benign Prostatic HyperplasiaMark Rubin; Fiscal Year: 2004..b) Validation of tissue markers using MTOPS samples. Aim 4: Validation of candidate serum biomarkers of symptomatic BPH. a) Serum Microarray Validation using Michigan samples. b) Validation of serum markers using MTOPS samples. ..
- The Effects of Resveratrol on PresbyacusisMichael Seidman; Fiscal Year: 2004..Furthermore, these data will provide novel strategies to impart greater wellness in the elderly population and perhaps have a positive effect on health care expenses. ..
- EARLY MANIFEST GLAUCOMA TRIALAnders Heijl; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is expected, that the large scale community screening effort to recruit study participants with as yet undetected glaucoma, will require screening of 20,000 to 30,000 Malmo citizens in appropriate age groups. ..