Genomes and Genes
Summary: The period during a surgical operation.
Publications228 found, 100 shown here
- Reliability of intraoperative frozen section and imprint cytological investigation of sentinel lymph nodes in breast cancerP J van Diest
Department of Pathology, Free University Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Histopathology 35:14-8. 1999..This would allow the axillary lymph node dissection to be performed in the same session as the SN procedure and the excision of the primary tumour in case of a positive SN...
- 18F-labeled fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography-guided surgery for recurrent colorectal cancer: a feasibility studyE E Zervos
Division of Surgical Oncology, Arthur G James Cancer Center, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Surg Res 97:9-13. 2001..The purpose of this study was to determine whether diagnostic information offered by preoperative PET scan could be used to detect disease intraoperatively using beta and gamma handheld probes...
- The effects of steep trendelenburg positioning on intraocular pressure during robotic radical prostatectomyHamdy Awad
Department of Anesthesiology, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Anesth Analg 109:473-8. 2009..In this study, we sought to quantify the changes in IOP and examine perioperative factors responsible for these changes while patients are in the steep Trendelenburg position during robotic prostatectomy...
- Nipple-sparing mastectomy: risk of nipple-areolar recurrences in a series of 579 casesJ Y Petit
Department of Plastic Surgery, European Institute of Oncology, Via Ripamonti 435, Milan, 20 141, Italy
Breast Cancer Res Treat 114:97-101. 2009..The risk of local recurrence behind the nipple areolar complex (NAC) is the main limiting factor of the NSM procedure. To minimize such risk, we proposed in 2002 a intraoperative radiotherapy of the preserved NAC...
- Postconditioning in cardiac surgery for tetralogy of FallotWanjun Luo
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Xiang Ya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, PR China
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 133:1373-4. 2007
- Intraoperative confirmation of parathyroid tissue during parathyroid exploration: a retrospective evaluation of the frozen sectionW H Westra
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 6417, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 22:538-44. 1998..In exceptional cases, however, the distinction between parathyroid and thyroid tissue may not be possible owing to a striking overlap seen at the clinical, gross, and microscopic levels...
- Management of isolated renal fossa recurrence following radical nephrectomyViraj A Master
Department of Urology, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Urol 174:473-7; discussion 477. 2005..Management of this lesion can be challenging, with relatively few series in the literature. We describe our use of surgical extirpation with adjuvant intraoperative radiation...
- Intraoperative EBRT and resection for renal cell carcinoma : twenty-year outcomesF A Calvo
Department of Oncology, Institute of Sanitary Research, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
Strahlenther Onkol 189:129-36. 2013....
- Postoperative seroma formation after intraoperative radiotherapy using low-kilovoltage X-rays given during breast-conserving surgeryUta Kraus-Tiefenbacher
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Medical Center Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 77:1140-5. 2010..To determine the frequency and volume of seroma after breast-conserving surgery (BCS) with or without intraoperative radiotherapy (IORT)...
- Preliminary results of electron intraoperative therapy boost and hypofractionated external beam radiotherapy after breast-conserving surgery in premenopausal womenGiovanni Battista Ivaldi
Department of Radiation Oncology, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 72:485-93. 2008..To report the acute and preliminary data on late toxicity of a pilot study of boost with electron intraoperative therapy followed by hypofractionated external beam radiotherapy (HEBRT) of the whole breast...
- Full-dose intraoperative radiotherapy with electrons in breast surgery: broadening the indicationsMattia Intra
Division of Breast Surgery, European Institute of Oncology, Via Ripamonti 435, 20141 Milan, Italy
Arch Surg 140:936-9. 2005....
- Does the left inferior longitudinal fasciculus play a role in language? A brain stimulation studyEmmanuel Mandonnet
Department of Neurosurgery, Institut de Psychologie, 71 Av Edouard Vaillant, 92774 Boulogne Billancourt, France
Brain 130:623-9. 2007....
- Donor biliary variations: an overlooked problem?J R Nery
University of Miami School of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Florida 33136, USA
Clin Transplant 11:582-7. 1997....
- Subjective visual experience during phacoemulsification and intraocular lens implantation using retrobulbar anesthesiaK G Au Eong
Department of Ophthalmology, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore
J Cataract Refract Surg 26:842-6. 2000..To investigate the subjective visual experience of patients during phacoemulsification and intraocular lens (IOL) implantation using retrobulbar anesthesia...
- Visual perception during phacoemulsification cataract surgery under topical and regional anaesthesiaParis G Tranos
Department of Ophthalmology, Royal Free Hampstead NHS Trust, London, UK
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 81:118-22. 2003..To compare the subjective visual experiences of patients during phacoemulsification and intraocular lens (IOL) implantation using regional and topical anaesthesia...
- It's the colloid, not the esophageal Doppler monitorPeter E Horowitz
Anesthesiology 99:238-9; author reply 239. 2003
- 6th Yahya Cohen Lecture: visual experience during cataract surgeryK G Au Eong
Eye Institute, National Healthcare Group, Clinical Research Unit, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, 11 Jalan Tan Tock Seng, Singapore 308433
Ann Acad Med Singapore 31:666-74. 2002..This paper reviews the recent studies on this phenomenon, discusses its clinical significance and suggests novel approaches to reduce its negative impact on the surgery...
- [The role of radiation therapy in treatment of pancreatic cancer from the viewpoint of radio-oncologists]C Timke
Abteilung Radioonkologie und Strahlentherapie, Universitatsklinikum Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 400, 69120, Heidelberg, Deutschland
Radiologe 49:149-53. 2009..Despite all progress in radiation techniques and in systemic therapy of pancreatic cancer, psychooncological care and good nutrition is of especially high importance in the care of this group of patients...
- Intra-operative rapid diagnostic method based on CK19 mRNA expression for the detection of lymph node metastases in breast cancerMike Visser
Department of Pathology, VU Medical Center Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Cancer 122:2562-7. 2008..7% before and 97.1% after discordant case investigation. Our results indicate that OSNA-CK19 can potentially be useful in an intra-operative clinical setting to detect SN tumor involvement in breast cancer patients...
- Radical resection after IORT-containing multimodality treatment is the most important determinant for outcome in patients treated for locally recurrent rectal cancerRaphaëla C Dresen
Department of Surgery, Catharina Hospital Eindhoven, Postbox 1350, 5602 ZA, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Ann Surg Oncol 15:1937-47. 2008..This study assessed the outcome of LRRC patients treated with multimodality treatment, consisting of neoadjuvant radio (chemo-) therapy, extended resection, and intraoperative radiotherapy...
- Visual experience during phacoemulsification under topical versus retrobulbar anesthesia: results of a prospective, randomized, controlled trialVenkatesh Rengaraj
Aravind Eye Hospitals, Madurai, India
Am J Ophthalmol 138:782-7. 2004..To compare the subjective visual experience of cataract patients during phacoemulsification and intraocular lens implantation under topical anesthesia (TA) vs retrobulbar anesthesia (RA)...
- Frozen section analysis for intraoperative margin assessment during breast-conserving surgery results in low rates of re-excision and local recurrenceT P Olson
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 14:2953-60. 2007..We retrospectively analyzed records of patients who received breast-conserving therapy with intraoperative FSA of the lumpectomy cavity to assess re-excision rates and local control...
- Alignments and clinical results in conventional and navigated total knee arthroplastyA Ensini
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Bologna, Italy
Clin Orthop Relat Res 457:156-62. 2007..However, clinical scoring systems showed this radiographic improvement did not necessarily result in a better clinical outcome at short-term followup...
- Subjective visual experience during phacoemulsification cataract surgery under sub-Tenon's blockN Prasad
Department of Ophthalmology, North Riding Infirmary, Newport Road, Middlesbrough TS4 3BW, UK
Eye (Lond) 17:407-9. 2003..Patients undergoing phacoemulsification surgery under sub-Tenon's block experience a variety of visual sensations and some patients may be frightened. All patients should receive appropriate preoperative warning...
- Intraoperative cholangiography and risk of common bile duct injury during cholecystectomyDavid R Flum
The Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, The Department of Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 6410, USA
JAMA 289:1639-44. 2003..Intraoperative cholangiography (IOC) may decrease the risk of common bile duct (CBD) injury during cholecystectomy by helping to avoid misidentification of the CBD...
- Intraoperative electron-beam therapy for primary and recurrent retroperitoneal soft-tissue sarcomaRobert Krempien
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 65:773-9. 2006..This study assesses the long-term outcome of patients with retroperitoneal soft-tissue sarcomas treated by maximal resection in combination with intraoperative electron-beam therapy (IOERT) and postoperative external-beam radiotherapy...
- Surgical strategy in the treatment of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumorsMassimo Falconi
B Unit of Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Verona, Italy
JOP 7:150-6. 2006....
- Improvement in intraperitoneal intraoperative cisplatin exposure based on pharmacokinetic analysis in patients with ovarian cancerBernard Royer
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie Clinique, CHU Jean Minjoz, 3 bvd Fleming, 25030 Besancon Cedex, France
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 61:415-21. 2008..An attractive solution would be to decrease Pt transfer from peritoneum to bloodstream. A phase 1 study using intraoperative IP epinephrine in order to decrease this transfer is presently being carried out...
- Surgery for local recurrence of rectal cancerA G Heriot
Department of Surgical Oncology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Colorectal Dis 8:733-47. 2006..The present article reviews the evidence for and against the surgical management for local recurrence of rectal cancer, the role of adjuvant and intraoperative radiotherapy (IORT), and evaluates short and long-term outcomes...
- Intra-operative radiotherapy (IORT) in pancreatic cancer: joint analysis of the ISIORT-Europe experienceVincenzo Valentini
Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Department of Radiotherapy, Rome, Italy
Radiother Oncol 91:54-9. 2009..A joint analysis of data from five contributing centers within the ISIORT-Europe program was performed to investigate the main contributions of intra-operative radiotherapy (IORT) to the multidisciplinary treatment of pancreatic cancer...
- Full-dose intraoperative radiotherapy with electrons during breast-conserving surgery: experience with 590 casesUmberto Veronesi
Istituto Europeo di Oncologia, Division of Radiotherapy, Istituto Europeo di Oncologia, Milan, Italy
Ann Surg 242:101-6. 2005..The new mobile linear accelerators easily moved close to the operating table to allow the full-dose irradiation during surgery...
- Serum and intraperitoneal pharmacokinetics of cisplatin within intraoperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy: influence of protein bindingBernard Royer
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie Clinique, CHU Jean Minjoz, Besancon, France
Anticancer Drugs 16:1009-16. 2005..p. bath containing 50 mg/m cisplatin for 2 h. A new protocol with a renewed bath and a higher cisplatin concentration is under investigation...
- Intraoperative radiotherapy as a boost during breast-conserving surgery using low-kilovoltage X-rays: the first 5 years of experience with a novel approachFrederik Wenz
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Medical Center Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 77:1309-14. 2010..We report the first 5 years of a single-center experience after introduction of a novel approach to deliver IORT as a tumor bed boost during BCS for breast cancer...
- Intraoperative electron beam radiotherapy for previously irradiated advanced head and neck malignanciesS Nag
Division of Radiation Oncology, Arthur G James Cancer Hospital and Research Institute, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 42:1085-9. 1998..This is a retrospective review to evaluate the role of surgery and intraoperative electron beam radiotherapy (IOERT) in the treatment of patients with previously irradiated advanced head and neck cancers...
- Awareness during anesthesiaBeverley A Orser
Department of Anesthesia, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ont
CMAJ 178:185-8. 2008
- Limited-field radiation therapy in the management of early-stage breast cancerFrank A Vicini
Department of Radiation Oncology, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI 48072, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:1205-10. 2003..e., limited-field radiation therapy) in selected patients treated with breast-conserving therapy and compared them with results of matched breast-conserving therapy patients who underwent whole-breast radiation therapy...
- Intraoperative radiation therapy for recurrent head-and-neck cancer: the UCSF experienceAllen M Chen
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California, San Francisco, Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, CA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 67:122-9. 2007..To review a single-institutional experience with the use of intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT) for recurrent head-and-neck cancer...
- intraoperative radiation therapy part 2. Clinical resultsFelipe A Calvo
Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 59:116-27. 2006....
- Goal-directed intraoperative fluid administration reduces length of hospital stay after major surgeryTong J Gan
Department of Anesthesiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Anesthesiology 97:820-6. 2002..The objective of this prospective, randomized study was to assess the effect of goal-directed intraoperative fluid administration on length of postoperative hospital stay...
- Prospective study on cardiopulmonary bypass prime reduction and its effect on intraoperative blood product and hemoconcentrator useMichael A Sobieski
Division of Cardiac Surgery, Advocate Christ Medical Center, Oak Lawn, IL, USA
Perfusion 20:31-7. 2005..Evaluate the feasibility and clinical significance of crystalloid prime reduction during the initiation of cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) using a modified bridge on the cardioplegia delivery system...
- Predictors of survival in recurrent rectal cancer after resection and intraoperative radiotherapyMargo Shoup
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 45:585-92. 2002..This study was designed to determine predictors of survival after surgery and intraoperative radiotherapy for recurrent rectal cancer...
- Sphere of equivalence--a novel target volume concept for intraoperative radiotherapy using low-energy X raysCarsten Herskind
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim Medical Center, Mannheim, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 72:1575-81. 2008..The purpose was to compare the expected risk of local recurrence in this nonuniform radiation field with that after conventional external beam radiotherapy...
- Intraoperative radiotherapy electron boost followed by moderate doses of external beam radiotherapy in resected soft-tissue sarcoma of the extremitiesIgnacio Azinovic
Department of Oncology, Radiation Oncology Division, Clinica Universitaria, School of Medicine, University of Navarre, Av Pio XII, 36, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
Radiother Oncol 67:331-7. 2003..To analyze the patterns of failure and the toxicity profile of intraoperative electron beam radiotherapy (IOERT) after resection of soft tissue sarcomas of the extremities (STS)...
- Preoperative irradiation and surgery for recurrent rectal cancer. Will intraoperative radiotherapy (IORT) be of additional benefit? A prospective studyJohan Nicolay Wiig
Department of Surgical Oncology, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, 0310 Oslo, Norway
Radiother Oncol 62:207-13. 2002..The therapeutic gain of surgery for recurrent rectal cancer is not clear, particularly with regard to the addition of intraoperative radiotherapy (IORT)...
- Patients' expectation and experience of visual sensations during phacoemulsification under topical anaesthesiaC L Ang
The Eye Institute at Tan Tock Seng Hospital, National Healthcare Group, Singapore, Singapore
Eye (Lond) 21:1162-7. 2007..We also sought to determine if patients find their intraoperative visual experience frightening and the factors associated with this...
- A new option for early breast cancer patients previously irradiated for Hodgkin's disease: intraoperative radiotherapy with electrons (ELIOT)Mattia Intra
Department of Breast Surgery, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Breast Cancer Res 7:R828-32. 2005..Mastectomy is therefore recommended as the first option treatment in these women...
- Role for intraoperative margin assessment in patients undergoing breast-conserving surgeryNeslihan Cabioglu
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 77030, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 14:1458-71. 2007..We investigated whether intraoperative margin assessment aids in obtaining negative margins, and to evaluate the local control thus achieved...
- Long-term survivors using intraoperative radiotherapy for recurrent gynecologic malignanciesPhuoc T Tran
Department of Radiation Oncology, Stanford Cancer Center, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 69:504-11. 2007..To analyze the outcomes of therapy and identify prognostic factors for patients treated with surgery followed by intraoperative radiotherapy (IORT) for gynecologic malignancies at a single institution...
- Clinical physics, applicator choice, technique, and equipment for electron intraoperative radiation therapyPeter J Biggs
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Surg Oncol Clin N Am 12:899-924. 2003..There are currently six new centers in the United States that practice IORT with a mobile linear accelerator and more than that in Europe...
- Low-dose intraoperative brachytherapy in soft tissue sarcomas involving neurovascular structureCarmen Llácer
Institut Bergonie, Regional Cancer Center, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Radiother Oncol 78:10-6. 2006..To evaluate intraoperative brachytherapy in the management of soft tissue sarcomas involving neurovascular structures, its impact on local control and complications...
- Intraoperative radioimmunodetectionE W Martin
The Arthur G James Cancer Hospital and Research Institute, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Semin Surg Oncol 15:205-8. 1998..e., all RIGS-positive tissue was removed at surgery)...
- Surgical management of retroperitoneal sarcomas associated with external and intraoperative electron beam radiotherapyJ Y Bobin
Department of Surgical Oncology, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, 69495 Pierre Benite Cedex, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 29:676-81. 2003..To report outcomes of adults with retroperitoneal sarcoma (RS) treated by surgery, external beam radiotherapy (EBRT) and intraoperative electron beam radiotherapy (IORT)...
- Utility of intraoperative frozen section analysis of sentinel lymph nodes in breast cancerC Chao
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, J Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville School of Medicine, 2nd Floor ACB, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Am J Surg 182:609-15. 2001..Intraoperative frozen section pathologic analysis of sentinel lymph node (SLN) may guide immediate (single-stage) completion axillary dissection for patients with nodal metastases...
- Do intraoperative microrecordings improve subthalamic nucleus targeting in stereotactic neurosurgery for Parkinson's disease?A Priori
Department of Neurosurgical Sciences, IRCCS, Ospedale Maggiore, Milan, Italy
J Neurosurg Sci 47:56-60. 2003..The clinical importance of intraoperative microrecordings for subthalamic nucleus (STN) localization in neurosurgical practice remains a matter of debate in the various groups...
- Correlation of intraoperatively irradiated volume and fibrosis in patients with soft-tissue sarcoma of the extremitiesM van Kampen
Clinical Radiology with focus on Radiotherapy and Policlinic, Radiologic University Hospital, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 51:94-9. 2001..To investigate the influence of intraoperatively irradiated volume on soft-tissue fibrosis...
- Microelectrode recording: lead point in STN-DBS surgeryM S Kim
Department of Neurosurgery, Inje University Busan Paik Hospital, Busan, Korea
Acta Neurochir Suppl 99:37-42. 2006..We evaluate the Lead point compared to the NeuroTrek system. We used NeuroTrek in 18 Parkinsonian patients, Lead point-4 in 12 patients, during STN-DBS surgery. We compared MR-Stir image with Microelectrode recording...
- Surgical technique of intraoperative radiotherapy in conservative treatment of limited-stage breast cancerMattia Intra
Breast Division, University of Milan, Italy
Arch Surg 137:737-40. 2002..In our experience, IORT for limited-stage breast carcinoma is easy to perform and only briefly prolongs the duration of the surgical procedure...
- The results of frozen section, touch preparation, and cytological smear are comparable for intraoperative examination of sentinel lymph nodes: a study in 133 breast cancer patientsEdi Brogi
Department of Pathology, Breast Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 12:173-80. 2005..The goal of intraoperative sentinel lymph node (SLN) examination is to avoid reoperation for a positive SLN, but the ideal method of intraoperative SLN examination remains unclear, and published results vary widely...
- Intraoperative radiation therapy first part: rationale and techniquesFelipe A Calvo
Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 59:106-15. 2006..Criteria for patient's selection and evaluation and information on sequencing and techniques are presented as well as some considerations on the need for a proper programme on quality assurance and periodical reporting of data...
- Knowledge of visual experience during cataract surgery under local anaesthesia: a nationwide survey of UK ophthalmologistsA Laude
Singapore International Eye Cataract Retina Centre, 3 Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre, Singapore 228510, Singapore
Br J Ophthalmol 93:510-2. 2009..To evaluate the knowledge and practices of UK ophthalmologists regarding patients' subjective visual experience during cataract surgery under local anaesthesia...
- Combination analysis of a whole lymph node by one-step nucleic acid amplification and histology for intraoperative detection of micrometastasisKiyomi Taniyama
Institute for Clinical Research, Department of Pathology, National Hospital Organization Kure Medical Center and Chugoku Cancer Center, Kure, Japan
Pathobiology 73:183-91. 2006..The aim was to develop a more efficient molecular detection system than histological examination (HE) for lymph node (LN) metastasis...
- Does intraoperative radiation therapy improve local tumor control in patients undergoing pancreaticoduodenectomy for pancreatic adenocarcinoma? A propensity score analysisTimothy N Showalter
Department of Radiation Oncology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 16:2116-22. 2009..Locoregional recurrence (LRR) is an important factor after pancreaticoduodenectomy (PD) for pancreatic cancer. Intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT) administered to the resection bed may improve local tumor control...
- Intraoperative radiotherapy in pancreatic cancer: a systematic reviewAlberto Ruano-Ravina
Galician Agency for Health Technology Assessment, Galician Health Authority, Santiago de Compostela, Spain, Spain
Radiother Oncol 87:318-25. 2008..Intraoperative radiotherapy (IORT) has been considered for treatment of pancreas cancer since local recurrence rates are very high. This study assesses the efficacy and safety of IORT in pancreatic cancer...
- Intraoperative radiation therapyC G Willett
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Int J Clin Oncol 6:209-14. 2001..The future of IORT will be in the successful integration of this therapy into multimodality treatment programs of chemotherapy, external beam irradiation, and surgery for locally advanced malignancies...
- Impact of intraoperative radiation on postoperative and disease-specific outcome after pancreatoduodenectomy for adenocarcinoma: a propensity score analysisRoderich E Schwarz
City of Hope National Medical Center, Department of General Oncologic Surgery, Duarte, California, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 26:16-21. 2003..The recurrence pattern may be affected in some patients, but systemic recurrences predominate. We continue to explore IORT in combination with systemic chemotherapy...
- Cost-effective management of common bile duct stones: a decision analysis of the use of endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), intraoperative cholangiography, and laparoscopic bile duct explorationD R Urbach
Department of Minimally Invasive Surgery and Surgical Research, Legacy Health Systems, Portland, OR 97227, USA
Surg Endosc 15:4-13. 2001..If expertise in LCDE is unavailable, selective postoperative ERCP is preferred over routine preoperative ERCP, unless the probability of CBD stones is very high (>80%)...
- [Intraoperative radiotherapy: back to the future?]J B Dubois
Département d Oncologie Radiothérapie, CRLC Val d Aurelle 34298 Montpellier cedex 5, France
Cancer Radiother 13:423-7. 2009..IORT was evaluated either as boost or as an exclusive treatment delivering one fraction during the surgical procedure...
- Intraoperative radiation therapy for advanced cervical metastasis: a single institution experienceYoussef H Zeidan
Department of Radiation Oncology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
Radiat Oncol 6:72. 2011..The purpose of this study is to review our experience with the use of IORT for patients with advanced cervical metastasis...
- Validity of pulse pressure and systolic blood pressure variation data obtained from a Datex Ohmeda S/5 monitor for predicting fluid responsiveness during surgeryHui Qiao
Department of Anesthesiology, Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 22:316-22. 2010..A previously described method using the Datex Ohmeda S/5 monitor to record arterial and pulse pressure might be accurate enough to use for this purpose...
- Autofluorescence and diffuse reflectance spectroscopy and spectral imaging for breast surgical margin analysisMatthew D Keller
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37235, USA
Lasers Surg Med 42:15-23. 2010..This study examined the use of autofluorescence and diffuse reflectance spectroscopy and spectral imaging to evaluate margin status intraoperatively...
- Intraoperative radiation therapy in resected pancreatic carcinoma: long-term analysisVincenzo Valentini
Department of Radiotherapy, Policlinico Universitario A Gemelli, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 70:1094-9. 2008..This study presents long-term results (minimum follow-up, 102 months) for 26 patients undergoing integrated adjuvant RT (external RT+IORT)...
- Population pharmacokinetics and dosing recommendations for cisplatin during intraperitoneal peroperative administration: development of a limited sampling strategy for toxicity risk assessmentBernard Royer
UMR645, INSERM, Besancon, France
Clin Pharmacokinet 48:169-80. 2009..Intraperitoneal (IP) peroperative chemotherapy is an interesting therapeutic option. However, very few data are available regarding pharmacokinetics and especially population pharmacokinetics...
- Targeted intraoperative radiotherapy (TARGIT) yields very low recurrence rates when given as a boostJayant S Vaidya
Department of Surgery and Molecular Oncology, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 66:1335-8. 2006..Patients undergoing breast-conserving surgery were offered boost radiotherapy with targeted intraoperative radiotherapy (TARGIT) using the Intrabeam system to test the feasibility, safety, and efficacy of the new approach...
- Actual time required for dynamic fluoroscopic intraoperative cholangiographyDonald E Wenner
Eastern New Mexico Medical Center, Roswell, New Mexico, USA
JSLS 9:174-7. 2005..This study was undertaken to determine the actual amount of time a dynamic fluoroscopic intraoperative cholangiogram adds to a laparoscopic cholecystectomy. A secondary objective was to define the information gained from this procedure...
- Intraoperative radiotherapy during breast conserving surgery in patients previously treated with radiotherapy for Hodgkin's diseaseMattia Intra
Department of Breast Surgery, University of Milan, Italy
Tumori 90:13-6. 2004..Mastectomy is therefore recommended as the preferred treatment option in these women...
- A prospective, blinded trial of touch prep analysis versus frozen section for intraoperative evaluation of sentinel lymph nodes in breast cancerKimberly A Vanderveen
Department of Surgery, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA, 95817, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 15:2006-11. 2008..We hypothesized that a single-section approach (by either frozen section [FS] or touch preparation analysis [TPA]) could be accurate for intraoperative SLN evaluation...
- Transepicondylar axis accuracy in computer assisted knee surgery: a comparison of the CT-based measured axis versus the CAS-determined axisHenrica M J van der Linden-van der Zwaag
Department of Orthopaedics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Comput Aided Surg 13:200-6. 2008..During CT-free navigation in TKA, a systematic error of 3 degrees arose when determining the TEA. It is emphasized that the intraoperative epicondylar axis is different from the actual CT-based epicondylar axis...
- The influence of xenon on regulation of the autonomic nervous system in patients at high risk of perioperative cardiac complicationsR Hanss
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Germany
Br J Anaesth 96:427-36. 2006..XE (n=22) was compared with total i.v. anaesthesia (TIVA, n=22) for differences in autonomic regulation, peri- and postoperative performance...
- Reduction in adhesive small-bowel obstruction by Seprafilm adhesion barrier after intestinal resectionVictor W Fazio
Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 49:1-11. 2006..Although Seprafilm has been demonstrated to reduce adhesion formation, it is not known whether its usage would translate into a reduction in adhesive small-bowel obstruction...
- Prosthetic valve endocarditis: importance of surgical treatmentS Tugtekin
Cardiac Surgery, Herzzentrum Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 55:94-8. 2007..Predictors of outcome particularly include preoperative risk constellations (heart failure, Staphylococci infection)...
- Prolonged intensive care unit stay in cardiac surgery: risk factors and long-term-survivalOrtrud Vargas Hein
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Campus Charite Mitte, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 81:880-5. 2006....
- A review of the utility of obtaining repeated postoperative radiographs following single-level anterior cervical decompression, fusion, and plate placementKene T Ugokwe
Department of Neurosurgery, Neurological Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 9:175-9. 2008....
- Recurrence rate of pterygium following surgical excision with intraoperative versus postoperative mitomycin-CAtiya Rahman
Department of Ophthalmology, Baqai Medical University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 18:489-92. 2008..To compare the rate of recurrence and complications of pterygium following surgical excision by applying 0.02% mitomycin-C intraoperatively or using topical 0.02 % mitomycin-C drops postoperatively...
- Intraoperative sentinel lymph node examination by frozen section, immunohistochemistry and imprint cytology during breast surgery--a prospective studyF Celebioglu
Department for Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Division of Surgery Bröstcentrum, 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Cancer 42:617-20. 2006..The sensitivity for detection of micrometastases was not substantially increased by the use of intraoperative IHC. Imprint cytology did not provide any additional information...
- Prospective evaluation of surgical microscope-integrated intraoperative near-infrared indocyanine green videoangiography during aneurysm surgeryAndreas Raabe
Department of Neurosurgery, Neurocenter, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Neurosurg 103:982-9. 2005..The authors prospectively compared a new technique of surgical microscope-based indocyanine green (ICG) videoangiography with intraoperative or postoperative digital subtraction (DS) angiography...
- Results of trabeculectomy with adjunctive intraoperative mitomycin C in Chinese patients with glaucomaClement C Y Tham
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, 102 Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 37:33-41. 2006..To report the results of trabeculectomy with adjunctive intraoperative mitomycin C in Chinese patients with glaucoma...
- The effects of droperidol in perforating keratoplastyHanna J Garzozi
Departments of Ophthalmology and Anesthesiology, Bnai Zion Medical Center, Rappaport Faculty of Medicine Technion, Haifa, Israel
Ophthalmologica 220:242-5. 2006..To evaluate the intraoperative and postoperative effects of droperidol administered with general anesthesia during perforating keratoplasty...
- Changes of D-dimer after total hip arthroplasty in patients with and without intraoperative heparinKatsuhiko Maezawa
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 128:37-40. 2008..In some previous studies, a low dose of heparin administered intraoperatively was shown to suppress the formation of fibrin...
- Dual kidney transplantation: a case-control comparison with single kidney transplantation from standard and expanded criteria donorsPhillip S Moore
Department of General Surgery, Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1095, USA
Transplantation 83:1551-6. 2007....
- Reliability of frozen section examination of external iliac, hypogastric, and obturator lymph nodes during radical cystectomy: a multicenter studyOztug Adsan
Department of II Urology, Ankara Numune Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Urology 69:83-6. 2007..To our knowledge, the accuracy of FSE to identify LN metastases in patients with bladder cancer is still undetermined...
- Off-pump coronary bypass for advanced left ventricular dysfunctionF Nurozler
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Central Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Cardiovasc J S Afr 18:26-9. 2007..In this study the results of off-pump bypass in patients with advanced left ventricular dysfunction (LVD) and without bypassable circumflex disease were analysed retrospectively...
- Accuracy of intraoperative frozen section analysis in borderline tumors of the ovary: a retrospective analysis of 96 cases and review of the literatureClemens B Tempfer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Gynecol Oncol 107:248-52. 2007..To assess the sensitivity and positive predictive value (PPV) of intraoperative frozen section diagnosis of borderline tumors of the ovary (BTO)...
- [The sentinel lymph node technique in colorectal cancer using in vivo dye--utility and limits]T Burcoş
Clinica Chirurgie, Spitalului Clinic Coļtea
Chirurgia (Bucur) 102:281-8. 2007..The discussion is still open concerning the importance of lymphatic micro metastases found by RT-PCR and immunohistochemistry methods. More studies are necessary to clarify these problems...
- A primary protocol for the management of ear keloids: results of excision combined with intraoperative and postoperative steroid injectionsDaniel J Rosen
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center Albert Einstein College of Medicine, NY, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 120:1395-400. 2007..The primary determinant in choosing a treatment protocol should be a low recurrence rate. Most reports in the literature suffer from small numbers of patients and inadequate follow-up...
- Frozen section discrepancy in the evaluation of central nervous system tumorsThomas P Plesec
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 131:1532-40. 2007..Frozen section also provides an accurate preliminary diagnosis; however, certain lesions are recognized to cause diagnostic challenges at FS...
- A comparison of intra- versus post-operatively acquired electrically evoked compound action potentialsG K A van Wermeskerken
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Int J Audiol 45:589-94. 2006..The ECAP thresholds were not significantly different for the two settings. The intra-operative setting is preferable for acquisition of the ECAP threshold...
- Effect of cold blood cardioplegia enriched with potassium-magnesium aspartate during coronary artery bypass graftingB Ji
Department of Cardiopulmonary Bypass, Cardiovascular Institute and Fuwai Hospital, Beijing, China
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 47:671-5. 2006....
- The usefulness and problem of intraoperative rapid diagnosis in surgical neuropathologyYuji Uematsu
School of Health and Nursing Science, Wakayama Medical University, Mikazura 580, Wakayama 641 0011, Japan
Brain Tumor Pathol 24:47-52. 2007..It was also recognized in rare types of histology such as gliomatosis and xanthomatous lesions. These results suggested that the intraoperative rapid diagnosis was quite useful, but that we should also maintain a cautious attitude...
- A single-blinded case controlled study on effects of cardiopulmonary circulation on hearing during coronary artery bypass graftingA J Donne
Department of Otolaryngology, Blackpool Victoria Hospital, Whinney Heys Road, Blackpool, Lancashire, UK
Clin Otolaryngol 31:381-5. 2006..To evaluate the effect of extra-corporeal (cardiopulmonary) bypass on hearing during coronary artery bypass grafting...
- The Thai Anesthesia Incidents Study (THAI Study) of perioperative death: analysis of risk factorsSomrat Charuluxananan
Department of Anesthesiology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 88:S30-40. 2005..National statistical data of mortality and morbidity related to anesthesia have not been reported. The need to comprehensively examine the cause of death as well as other adverse events prompted the first national study in Thailand...
- Efficacy of intraoperative cell saver in decreasing postoperative blood transfusions in instrumented posterior lumbar fusion patientsPaul R Gause
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:571-5. 2008..A retrospective study...
- Signaling Pathways in Medullary Thyroid CancerHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- HYPOTHERMIA DURING INTRACRANIAL ANEURYSM SURGERYMichael Todd; Fiscal Year: 2003..We hypothesize that hypothermia, even when limited to the intraoperative period, will result in an improvement in neurologic outcome as measured by Glasgow Outcome Scale at 3months ..
- Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy(FNAB) Needle DeviceVinod Shidham; Fiscal Year: 2002..Apart from the worldwide market, the potential market in United States alone should exceed $1,500,000 per year. ..
- Optical imaging of epilepsy in rat and human neocortexTHEODORE SCHWARTZ; Fiscal Year: 2007..These experiments will set the groundwork for implementing optical recordings in general clinical practice as a novel technique for mapping and predicting human seizures. ..
- Intraoperative 3T MRI Scanner for Minimally Invasive TherapyFerenc Jolesz; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Bariatric Surgery Outcome/Cost in Medicare BeneficiariesDavid Flum; Fiscal Year: 2006..3. Perform a modeled cost effectiveness analysis of bariatric procedures compared to non-surgical approaches. ..
- Gene methylation in glioma and normal glial cellsJustin Smith; Fiscal Year: 2005..Furthermore, comparison of methylation patterns may: 1) identify subtype-specific markers to aid in classifying gliomas and 2) provide clues to the cells of origin of gliomas. ..
- Low Impedance Electrodes for Neural StimulationWARREN GRILL; Fiscal Year: 2008..This will reduce the risks and costs associated with surgical replacement of implanted stimulators due to depletion of the batteries. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Optimal Image RegistrationOskar Skrinjar; Fiscal Year: 2008..Aim 4: To implement the optimal image registration method, apply it to a number of images of different modalities, and validate it using several studies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Imaging Flow CytometerAlbert Donnenberg; Fiscal Year: 2006..Should this proposal be funded, we are very well positioned to play a leading role in applying this new technology to cancer, immunology, and cell biology research. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Novel Load Sensing Tibial Prosthesis DesignDARRYL D LIMA; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Manufacturing Process for Albumin-ICG Solder & Denatured Albumin ScaffoldYasmin Wadia; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) Blood conservation by reducing transfusion requirements. 4) Can be used laparoscopically for elective surgeries on liver and kidney. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DBS Effects on Mood and Cognition in Parkinsons DiseaseMichael Okun; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal includes active and experienced mentoring, access to diverse resources, and a scientific environment suited specifically for the development of the PI as an independent physician scientist. ..
- Electrocorticographic Study of Categorical Phoneme Perception in the Human TemporEdward Chang; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Osteoblastic Monolayer as a 'Gatekeeper' in BoneMELISSA KNOTHE TATE; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study is expected to provide insight into new strategies for treatment of bone diseases such as osteoporosis and osteoarthritis. ..
- Endoscopic Imaging Devices Using Ultrasonic MicromotorsXingde Li; Fiscal Year: 2002..If successful, this technology could enable detection of premalignant conditions (such as dysplasia) or early cancers. ..
- 5th Bone Fluid Flow WorkshopMELISSA KNOTHE TATE; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Endoscopic Imaging Devices Using Ultrasonic MicromotorsXingde Li; Fiscal Year: 2003..If successful, this technology could enable detection of premalignant conditions (such as dysplasia) or early cancers. ..
- IMAGE GUIDED THERAPY CENTERFerenc Jolesz; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Surgical Care and Outcomes Assessment Program Comparative Effectiveness ResearchDavid R Flum; Fiscal Year: 2010..Surgical and interventional services span the continuum of healthcare conditions and SCOAP CERTN will have immediate capacity for investigators interested in almost any of AHRQ's priority conditions. ..
- Role of Progenitor Cells in Hindlimb RevascularizationDarren Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2008..By defining the role of progenitor cells in neovascularization, this proposal will support the development of novel cellular and molecular therapies for patients with vascular disease. ..
- INGUINAL HERNIA MGMENT: WATCHFUL WAITING VS. OPERATIONRobert Fitzgibbons; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Robust Space-Time Signal Processing for MEG/EEGBarry Van Veen; Fiscal Year: 2007..4) To obtain human subject pilot data demonstrating the effectiveness of the algorithms developed under Aims 1 and 2. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Analysis of thermoviscoelastic behavior in cartilageBrian Wong; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Augmentation of Accuracy for Image-guided NeurosurgeryOskar Skrinjar; Fiscal Year: 2005..Although the proposed methods will be applied to the microelectrode-guided surgery, they can be extended to other image-guided neurosurgical procedures, including tumor removal and epilepsy surgery. ..
- P53 AND DNA PLOIDY IN BARRETT'S METAPLASIAMamoun Younes; Fiscal Year: 2005..A cost analysis will be then performed to determine whether a molecular based surveillance program would be more cost-effective than current program which is based on morphologic grading of dysplasia. ..
- Postoperative Cognitive Dysfunction in the ElderlyTerri Monk; Fiscal Year: 2004..Given the breadth of my proposed training program, I will be able to interact with and serve as a mentor for anesthesiologists and also the broader corpus of scientists, both clinical and basic, interested in aging and neuroscience. ..
- Real-time in Vivo Dosimetry in Radiation Therapy Using Scintillation DetectorsSam Beddar; Fiscal Year: 2009..The resulting data can also be used to study dose- related treatment side effects. The ultimate goal of utilizing this method is to improve the delivery of radiotherapy treatments and the quality of life of radiotherapy patients. ..
- UNDERSTANDING THE PATHOGENESIS OF STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUSVance Fowler; Fiscal Year: 2003..Accomplishing the aims of this proposal will contribute to improved clinical management of patients with S. aureus bacteremia, and will add to the understanding of S. aureus virulence factors. ..
- Angiogenesis and Cardiac Growth as Heart Failure TherapyY Woo; Fiscal Year: 2008..The candidate's institution, sponsor, and chairman provide a uniquely supportive, high-caliber, educationally stimulating environment highly conducive to the achievement of these goals. ..
- NON-REGULAR STIMULATION PATTERNS FOR DEEP BRAIN STIMULATIONWARREN GRILL; Fiscal Year: 2007..The second outcome will be novel pulse patterns that are expected to improve outcomes of DBS by reducing side effects and prolonging battery life. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- OPTIMIZATION OF LASER MEDIATED CARTILAGE RESHAPINGBrian Wong; Fiscal Year: 2003..The MCSDA will provide the applicant with the fundamental skills needed to become an independent investigator in biomedical optics, and allow further development as a basic scientist. ..
- Oral Care and Respiratory Pathogen ColonizationOzan Akca; Fiscal Year: 2004..Reducing respiratory pathogen colonization in the mouth could significantly reduce the morbidity and cost of VAP. ..
- NonInvasive Optical Imaging of Vocal Cord MicrostructureBrian Wong; Fiscal Year: 2004..Application of OCT to microlaryngeal surgery may reduce iatrogenic phonatory disability by reducing trauma to delicate structures that accompanies conventional techniques. ..
- Miniature Imaging Devices Using Fiber-optic ScannersXingde Li; Fiscal Year: 2005..If successful, this technology could enable a new generation of miniature imaging devices. ..
- OCT Image-guided Biopsy NeedleXingde Li; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 5th Georgia Tech International Conference:BioinformaticsEva Lee; Fiscal Year: 2005..Funding is requested for travel support for top graduate students and postdoctoral fellows. ..
- PET IN MULTIMODALITY THERAPY FOR ESOPHAGEAL CANCEREdward Levine; Fiscal Year: 2002..We plan to correlate the PET findings with endoscopic ultrasound (EUS), and spiral CT imaging to pathologic findings from resected specimens. ..
- Phase II Clinical Trial Utilizing Lithium for Patients with Neuroendocrine TumorsHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Besides surgery, there are limited curative and palliative treatments available to patients with metastatic NE tumors, emphasizing the need for development of other forms of therapy. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulating Neuroendocrine Phenotype in CancerHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, these finding may permit development of components of raf-1 pathway as therapeutic targets in the treatment and palliation of NE tumors. ..
- Novel Signaling Targets in GI Neuroendocrine TumorsHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The possibility that raf-l-mediated hormone suppression could be induced by a soluble factor would provide a plausible, therapeutic delivery method. ..