Genomes and Genes
Summary: The constant checking on the state or condition of a patient during the course of a surgical operation (e.g., checking of vital signs).
Publications203 found, 100 shown here
- Quick intraoperative parathyroid hormone assay: surgical adjunct to allow limited parathyroidectomy, improve success rate, and predict outcomeGeorge L Irvin
DeWitt Daughtry Family Department of Surgery, University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital, P O Box 016310 M 875, Miami, FL 33101, USA
World J Surg 28:1287-92. 2004..There was no statistical difference in the overall recurrence rates ( p = 0.23). The QPTH-guided parathyroidectomy identifies MGD and allows an improved success rate with the same low recurrence rate when compared to the results of BNE...
- Monitoring with EEG entropy decreases propofol requirement and maintains cardiovascular stability during induction of anaesthesia in elderly patientsW Riad
King Khaled Eye Specialist Hospital, Department of Anesthesia, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Eur J Anaesthesiol 24:684-8. 2007..The aim of this study is to demonstrate the effect of electroencephalographic entropy on propofol requirement and haemodynamic parameters during induction of anaesthesia in elderly patients...
- Anesthesia and neurocerebral monitoring for aortic dissectionBenjamin A Kohl
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 17:236-46. 2005..Finally, we will present some "controversies in care," emphasizing that our respective fields continue to grow, learn, and improve what information we have on the morbidity and mortality of aortic dissection...
- Predicting fluid responsiveness in patients undergoing cardiac surgery: functional haemodynamic parameters including the Respiratory Systolic Variation Test and static preload indicatorsS Preisman
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Sheba Medical Center, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Br J Anaesth 95:746-55. 2005....
- Influence of bispectral index monitoring on decision making during cardiac anesthesiaGeorge Vretzakis
Department of Cardiac Anesthesia, University Hospital of Alexandroupolis, 68100 Alexandroupolis, Greece
J Clin Anesth 17:509-16. 2005....
- Intraoperative monitoring of the recurrent laryngeal nerve in thyroid surgeryH Dralle
Department of General, Visceral and Vascular Surgery, Martin Luther University of Halle, Ernst Grube Str 40, D 06097 Halle Saale, Germany
World J Surg 32:1358-66. 2008..Nevertheless, a systematic evidence-based assessment of this novel health technology has not been performed...
- Intraoperative monitoring of visual evoked potential: introduction of a clinically useful methodTatsuya Sasaki
Department of Neurosurgery, Fukushima Medical University, Hikarigaoka, Fukushima, Japan
J Neurosurg 112:273-84. 2010To obtain a clinically useful method of intraoperative monitoring of visual evoked potentials (VEPs), the authors developed a new light-stimulating device and introduced electroretinography (ERG) to ascertain retinal light stimulation ..
- Standard and limitation of intraoperative monitoring of the visual evoked potentialKunihiko Kodama
Department of Neurosurgery, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto 390 8621, Japan
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 152:643-8. 2010..To evaluate this, relationships between VEP waveform changes and postoperative visual function were analysed retrospectively...
- Right heart catheterization and cardiac complications in patients undergoing noncardiac surgery: an observational studyC A Polanczyk
Partners Community HealthCare Inc, Suite 1150, Prudential Tower, 800 Boylston St, Boston, MA 02199, USA
JAMA 286:309-14. 2001..Right heart catheterization (RHC) is commonly performed before high-risk noncardiac surgery, but the benefit of this strategy remains unproven...
- Total intravenous anesthesia for intraoperative monitoring of the motor pathways: an integral view combining clinical and experimental dataKai Michael Scheufler
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Freiburg, Germany
J Neurosurg 96:571-9. 2002....
- Assessing fluid responsiveness during open chest conditionsD A Reuter
Department of Anaesthesiology, University of Munich, 81377 Munich, Germany
Br J Anaesth 94:318-23. 2005..The aim of this study was to investigate the ability of SVV and PPV measured by arterial pulse contour analysis to assess fluid responsiveness in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass surgery during open-chest conditions...
- Intraoperative monitoring of facial EMG responses during microvascular decompression for hemifacial spasm. Prognostic value for long-term outcome: a study in a 33-patient seriesJ Hatem
Department of Neurosurgery, Hopital Neurologique P. Wertheimer, University of Lyon, France
Br J Neurosurg 15:496-9. 2001....
- Non-invasive intraoperative monitoring of blood pressure and arterial pCO2 during surgical anesthesia in miceSerge C Thal
Institute for Surgical Research, University of Munich Medical Center, Grosshadern, Munich, Germany
J Neurosci Methods 159:261-7. 2007..Thereby the current study may help to reduce animal numbers and perform mice experiments under more defined and controlled physiological conditions in the future...
- A laboratory evaluation of an auditory display designed to enhance intraoperative monitoringRobert G Loeb
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Anesth Analg 94:362-8, table of contents. 2002..We conclude that, with little training, clinicians can successfully detect and identify simulated clinical events using an auditory display of six variables...
- Focused cervical exploration for primary hyperparathyroidism without intraoperative parathyroid hormone monitoring or use of the gamma probeSteven R Jacobson
Division of Gastroenterologic and General Surgery, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
World J Surg 28:1127-31. 2004..Further experience with this surgical approach seems warranted to determine the overall cure rate, operative morbidity, and the sensitivity and specificity of preoperative localization studies...
- Effects of mid-line thoracotomy on the interaction between mechanical ventilation and cardiac filling during cardiac surgeryD A Reuter
Department of Anaesthesiology, University of Munich, Germany
Br J Anaesth 92:808-13. 2004..We studied how mid-line thoracotomy affects cardiac filling volumes and cardiovascular haemodynamics, particularly variations in stroke volume and pulse pressure caused by mechanical ventilation...
- The validity of multimodal intraoperative monitoring (MIOM) in surgery of 109 spine and spinal cord tumorsMartin Sutter
Department of Neurology Spine Unit, Schulthess Clinic, Lengghalde 2, 8008, Zurich, Switzerland
Eur Spine J 16:S197-208. 2007....
- Intraoperative monitoring of lower cranial nerves in skull base surgery: technical report and review of 123 monitored casesCahide Topsakal
Firat University School of Medicine, Elazig, Turkey
Neurosurg Rev 31:45-53. 2008..The incidence of high false positive and negative CMAP and the variability in CMAP amplitude and threshold can vary depending on individual and technical factors...
- Tibial somatosensory evoked potential intraoperative monitoring: recommendations based on signal to noise ratio analysis of popliteal fossa, optimized P37, standard P37, and P31 potentialsD B MacDonald
Section of Neurophysiology, Department of Neurosciences, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, MBC 76, P O Box 3354, Riyadh 11211, Saudi Arabia
Clin Neurophysiol 116:1858-69. 2005..To compare the intraoperative signal-to-noise ratio (SNR), reproducibility and rapidity of popliteal fossa (PF), optimized P37, standard P37 and P31 potentials...
- Intraoperative monitoring of cerebral blood flow by laser speckle contrast analysisNils Hecht
Department of Neurosurgery, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Neurosurg Focus 27:E11. 2009..The purpose of this preliminary study was to address the general feasibility of LASCA in terms of handling and image quality and to provide an example of its clinical implications...
- What does intraoperative monitoring of motor evoked potentials bring to the neurosurgeon?V Deletis
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 147:1015-7. 2005
- Threshold-level repetitive transcranial electrical stimulation for intraoperative monitoring of central motor conductionB Calancie
The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, University of Miami School of Medicine, Florida, USA
J Neurosurg 95:161-8. 2001..The authors conducted a study to evaluate repetitive transcranial electrical stimulation (TES) to assess spinal cord motor tract function in individuals undergoing spine surgery, with emphasis on safety and efficacy...
- Intraoperative parathyroid hormone measurement during minimally invasive parathyroidectomy: does it "value-add" to decision-making?Peter Stalberg
Endocrine Surgical Unit, University of Sydney, Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Am Coll Surg 203:1-6. 2006..It has also been shown not to be cost-effective. The aim of this study was to determine if IOPTH "value-added" to decision-making during MIP...
- The use of readily available equipment in a simple method for intraoperative monitoring of recurrent laryngeal nerve function during thyroid surgery: initial experience with more than 300 casesHolger K Eltzschig
Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Arch Surg 137:452-6; discussion 456-7. 2002..An inexpensive and widely applicable technique to monitor recurrent laryngeal nerve (RLN) function during thyroid surgery can be safely implemented...
- An unusual case of pulmonary artery catheter malfunctionGerard R Manecke
Department of Anesthesiology, University of California San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, California 92103, USA
Anesth Analg 95:302-4, table of contents. 2002..Blood appearing at the electrical connection port confirms the diagnosis. The catheter, if easily removed, should be replaced as soon as possible...
- Brain tumor resection: intraoperative monitoring with high-field-strength MR imaging-initial resultsA J Martin
Department of Radiology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455 0392, USA
Radiology 215:221-8. 2000..To investigate the challenges and benefits of magnetic resonance (MR) imaging during brain tumor resection...
- Resection of malignant brain tumors in eloquent cortical areas: a new multimodal approach combining 5-aminolevulinic acid and intraoperative monitoringGuenther C Feigl
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Tuebingen Medical Center, Tuebingen, Germany
J Neurosurg 113:352-7. 2010..further and evaluate the utility and limitations of fluorescence-guided resections of primary malignant brain tumors in eloquent cortical areas in combination with intraoperative monitoring based on multimodal functional imaging data.
- Intraoperative monitoring of the recurrent laryngeal nerve in 151 consecutive patients undergoing thyroid surgeryT M Hemmerling
Department of Anesthesiology, University Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Anesth Analg 93:396-9 , 3rd contents page. 2001We present a technique of intraoperative monitoring of the recurrent laryngeal nerve using a surface electrode attached to a routine endotracheal tube...
- Does preoperative paresis influence intraoperative monitoring of the motor cortex?Theodoros Kombos
Neurochirurgische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum Benjamin Franklin, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
J Clin Neurophysiol 20:129-34. 2003b>Intraoperative monitoring of motor function by means of motor evoked potentials (MEPs) is a new method. The current study examines the influence of preoperative paresis on the feasibility and reliability of this method...
- Intraoperative monitoring of laparoscopic skill development based on quantitative measuresSayra M Cristancho
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Surg Endosc 23:2181-90. 2009..This study aimed to evaluate the feasibility of using a new framework for interpreting quantitative measures acquired in the operating room to distinguish between levels of laparoscopic skill development...
- Intraoperative monitoring for tethered cord surgery: an updateKarl F Kothbauer
Division of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Institute for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Neurosurg Focus 16:E8. 2004..This review intends to provide an update on the techniques used and their validity...
- Open minimally invasive parathyroid surgeryRobert Udelsman
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, 330 Cedar Street, FMB 102, 06510, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
World J Surg 28:1224-6. 2004..MIP and standard exploration were indistinguishable with regard to high cure and low complication rates. MIP, however, was superior with regard to operating time, length of hospital stay, patient comfort, and costs...
- Intraoperative monitoring and facial nerve outcomes after vestibular schwannoma resectionBrandon Isaacson
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Otol Neurotol 24:812-7. 2003..To determine the predictive value of proximal facial nerve electrical threshold and proximal-to-distal facial muscle compound action potential amplitude ratio on facial nerve outcomes after resection of vestibular schwannomas...
- Combined motor and somatosensory evoked potentials for intraoperative monitoring: intra- and postoperative data in a series of 69 operationsM R Weinzierl
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Neurosurg Rev 30:109-16; discussion 116. 2007..Stable SSEP/MEP recordings reassure the surgeon that motor function is still intact and surgery can be continued safely. The combined SSEP/ MEP monitoring becomes advantageous, if one modality is not recordable...
- Use of intraoperative monitoring of somatosensory evoked potentials to prevent ischaemic stroke after surgical exclusion of middle cerebral artery aneurysmsG Penchet
Service de Neurochirurgie, Centre Hospitalier Pellegrin, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 149:357-64. 2007..The aim of this study was to assess the value of monitoring somatosensory evoked potentials (SEP) in the prevention of ischaemic stroke occurring during surgical exclusion of middle cerebral artery aneurysms...
- Intraoperative monitoring of blood flow insufficiency in the anterior choroidal artery during aneurysm surgeryKyouichi Suzuki
Department of Neurosurgery, Fukushima Medical University, Fukushima, Japan
J Neurosurg 98:507-14. 2003..To this end, the authors relied on the intraoperative motor evoked potentials (MEPs) elicited by electrical stimulation of the hand motor cortex...
- Primary hyperparathyroidism surgical management since the introduction of minimally invasive parathyroidectomy: Mayo Clinic experienceClive S Grant
Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Arch Surg 140:472-8; discussion 478-9. 2005..Changes in the management of primary HPT have occurred since introducing MIP including localization, anesthesia, intraoperative parathyroid hormone monitoring, and indications for parathyroidectomy...
- Intraoperative monitoring of the corticospinal motor evoked potential (D-wave): clinical index for postoperative motor function and functional recoveryTakamitsu Yamamoto
Department of Neurological Surgery, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 44:170-80; discussion 181-2. 2004..b>Intraoperative monitoring of the D-wave is suitable for open cranial surgery with general anesthesia, can detect the primary motor ..
- Revascularization and parent artery occlusion for giant internal carotid artery aneurysms in the intracavernous portion using intraoperative monitoring of cerebral hemodynamicsYoshitaka Kubo
Department of Neurosurgery, Iwate Medical University, Morioka, Japan
Neurosurgery 58:43-50; discussion 43-50. 2006....
- Multimodality intraoperative monitoring during complex lumbosacral procedures: indications, techniques, and long-term follow-up review of 61 consecutive casesAndrei V Krassioukov
Department of Surgery, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Neurosurg Spine 1:243-53. 2004..The purpose of this study was to examine the neurological outcomes after complex lumbosacral surgery in patients undergoing multimodality neurophysiological monitoring...
- Response Entropy is not more sensitive than State Entropy in distinguishing the use of esmolol instead of remifentanil in patients undergoing gynaecological laparoscopyM Valjus
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Helsinki University Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 50:32-9. 2006..Our hypothesis was that while keeping SE at a predetermined level, RE would be higher in patients receiving a beta-blocking agent (esmolol) instead of an opioid (remifentanil) during a propofol/nitrous oxide anaesthesia...
- Parathyroidectomy outcomes according to operative approachTodd D Beyer
Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Surg 193:368-72; discussion 372-3. 2007..Parathyroidectomy for primary sporadic hyperparathyroidism (psHPT) has evolved with advances in preoperative gland localization and intraoperative parathyroid hormone (ioPTH) monitoring to minimally invasive approaches (MIPS)...
- Evaluation of serial haemodynamic changes during coronary artery anastomoses in patients undergoing off-pump coronary artery bypass graft surgery: initial experiences using two deep pericardial stay sutures and octopus tissue stabilizerHelen Ki Shinn
Department of Anaesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Inha University College of Medicine, Inchon, South Korea
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 25:978-84. 2004....
- Surgeon-performed ultrasound improves localization of abnormal parathyroid glandsCarmen C Solorzano
DeWitt Daughtry Family Department of Surgery, University of Miami Jackson Memorial Medical Centers, Florida, USA
Am Surg 71:557-62; discussion 562-3. 2005..01). Surgeon-performed cervical ultrasonography improved the localization of abnormal parathyroids by MIBI scan, adding to the success of limited parathyroidectomy...
- Recording nasal muscle F waves and electromyographic activity of the facial muscles: a comparison of two methods used for intraoperative monitoring of facial nerve functionC Wedekind
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Cologne, Germany
J Neurosurg 95:974-8. 2001..A comparison of two electrophysiological methods used to assess facial nerve function intraoperatively was conducted in 33 patients with tumors of the cerebellopontine angle...
- Optical coherence tomography for experimental neuroendoscopyH J Böhringer
Department of Neurosurgery, Georg August University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 49:269-75. 2006..This technology may provide an extra margin of safety by providing cross-sectional images of tissue barriers within optically opaque conditions...
- Remifentanil- and fentanyl-based anesthesia for intraoperative monitoring of somatosensory evoked potentialsS K Samra
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Anesth Analg 92:1510-5. 2001..Forty-one patients undergoing spinal surgery and requiring intraoperative monitoring of SSEPs were randomized into two groups...
- Minimally invasive parathyroidectomy using the lateral focused mini-incision technique without intraoperative parathyroid hormone monitoringT Pang
University of Sydney Endocrine Surgical Unit, Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Br J Surg 94:315-9. 2007..0-cm mini-incision without intraoperative monitoring. The aim of this study was to analyse the outcomes of MIP using such a simplified technique.
- Neurological monitoring for congenital heart surgeryDean B Andropoulos
Department of Pediatric Cardiovascular Anesthesiology, Texas Children s Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, 6621 Fannin WT19345H, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Anesth Analg 99:1365-75; table of contents. 2004..We present evidence that multimodal neurological monitoring in conjunction with a treatment algorithm may improve neurological outcome for patients undergoing congenital heart surgery and present one such algorithm...
- Multimodal intraoperative monitoring (MIOM) during 409 lumbosacral surgical procedures in 409 patientsMartin A Sutter
Department of Neurology, Spine Unit, Schulthess Clinic, Lengghalde 2, 8008, Zurich, Switzerland
Eur Spine J 16:S221-8. 2007A prospective study on 409 patients who received multimodel intraoperative monitoring (MIOM) during lumbosacral surgical procedures between March 2000 and December 2005 was carried out...
- Minimally invasive parathyroidectomy without intraoperative parathyroid hormone monitoring in patients with primary hyperparathyroidismR Mihai
Department of Endocrine Surgery, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Br J Surg 94:42-7. 2007..This non-randomized case series assessed the long-term results of MIP performed without the use of intraoperative parathyroid hormone (ioPTH) monitoring...
- Intraoperative monitoring study of ipsilateral motor evoked potentials in scoliosis surgeryY L Lo
Department of Neurology, National Neuroscience Institute, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore, Singapore
Eur Spine J 15:656-60. 2006Ipsilateral motor evoked potentials (MEPs) in spinal cord surgery intraoperative monitoring is not well studied...
- Intraoperative monitoring of segmental spinal nerve root function with free-run and electrically-triggered electromyography and spinal cord function with reflexes and F-responses. A position statement by the American Society of Neurophysiological MonitoriRonald E Leppanen
Knoxville Neurology Clinic, 939 Emerald Avenue, Suite 907, Knoxville, Tennessee 37917, USA
J Clin Monit Comput 19:437-61. 2005..recording H-reflexes, 8. recording F-responses, 9. recording the sacral reflex, 10. recording intralimb and interlimb reflexes and 11. recording monosynaptic and polysynaptic reflexes during dorsal root rhizotomy...
- Electrophysiologic intraoperative monitoring for spine proceduresJefferson C Slimp
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Box 356490, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Phys Med Rehabil Clin N Am 15:85-105. 2004..MEPs and reflex monitoring, which address the descending pathways and the interneuronal connections, is efficacious in detecting abnormalities that may be missed by SEPs...
- Precordial Doppler probe placement for optimal detection of venous air embolism during craniotomyArmin Schubert
Department of Anesthesiology, The University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Anesth Analg 102:1543-7. 2006..Peripheral saline injection represents a viable alternative (83% response rate). Vigorous central injection of 10 mL of NS however, risks false positive verification of left lateral precordial probe placement...
- Contrast enhancement for in vivo visible reflectance imaging of tissue oxygenationNicole J Crane
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Appl Spectrosc 61:797-803. 2007..Adaptation of this filter approach is demonstrated for laparoscopic donor nephrectomies in which images are analyzed in terms of real-time in vivo monitoring of tissue oxygenation...
- Does intraoperative quick parathyroid hormone assay improve the results of parathyroidectomy?Daishu Miura
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco Mount Zion Medical Center, 1600 Divisadero Street, 94143 1674, USA
World J Surg 26:926-30. 2002..Adding qPTH to MIBI or US can improve the success rate but at a significant cost. General exploration of all parathyroid glands, however, has the highest success rate (100%)...
- Multimodal intraoperative monitoring (MIOM) during cervical spine surgical procedures in 246 patientsAndreas Eggspuehler
Department of Neurology Spine Unit, Schulthess Clinic, Lengghalde 2, 8008, Zurich, Switzerland
Eur Spine J 16:S209-15. 2007A prospective study of 246 patients who received multimodal intraoperative monitoring during cervical spine surgery between March 2000 and December 2005...
- Crisis management during anaesthesia: embolismJ A Williamson
Australian Patient Safety Foundation, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Qual Saf Health Care 14:e17. 2005..Embolism with gas, thrombus, fat, amniotic fluid, or particulate matter may occur suddenly and unexpectedly during anaesthesia, posing a diagnostic and management problem for the anaesthetist...
- Current approach to intraoperative monitoring in liver transplantationClaus Georg Krenn
Department of Anaesthesia, General Intensive Care and Pain Medicine, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Curr Opin Organ Transplant 13:285-90. 2008....
- Role of intraoperative parathormone monitoring during parathyroidectomy in patients with discordant localization studiesJohn I Lew
DeWitt Daughtry Family Department of Surgery, Division of Endocrine Surgery, University of Miami Leonard M Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Surgery 144:299-306. 2008..This study examines the usefulness of intraoperative parathormone monitoring (IPM) during PTX in patients with discordant preoperative localization studies...
- Intraoperative monitoring of intact PTH in surgery for renal hyperparathyroidism as an indicator of complete parathyroid removalMiguel Echenique Elizondo
Department of Surgery, Basque Country University, School of Medicine, P Dr Beguiristain, 105, 20014 San Sebastian, Gipuzkoa, Spain
World J Surg 29:1504-9. 2005..56 + 10.3 minutes after removal). Intraoperative measurement of iPTH is useful in the prediction complete removal of all parathyroid tissue prior to autotransplantation, thus avoiding persistence of disease because of incomplete surgery...
- Hemodynamic changes during displacement of the beating heart using epicardial stabilization for off-pump coronary artery bypass graft surgeryManisha Mishra
Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi, India
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 16:685-90. 2002..To evaluate the hemodynamic alterations during off-pump coronary artery bypass graft surgery to determine the degree of impairment caused and the techniques to rectify them...
- Intraoperative parathormone measurement in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism: a prospective clinical studyThomas M Beck
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 133:206-9. 2003..The objective of this pilot study was to evaluate the use of intraoperative iPTH measurement in combination with bilateral neck exploration in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism...
- [Fluid therapy--pathophysiological principles as well as intra- and perioperative monitoring]Dirk Grebe
Klinik für Anästhesiologie und operative Intensivmedizin der Charité, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Charite Mitte
Anasthesiol Intensivmed Notfallmed Schmerzther 41:392-8; quiz 399. 2006
- Intraoperative parathyroid hormone monitoring fails to detect double parathyroid adenomas: a 2-institution experienceP G Gauger
University of Michigan Department of Surgery, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Surgery 130:1005-10. 2001..These data suggest that caution should be exercised when terminating limited parathyroid exploration based on a curative fall in IOPTH values...
- Transesophageal echocardiography for monitoring segmental wall motion during off-pump coronary artery bypass surgeryJianwen Wang
Department of Anesthesia, University of Basel, Kantonsspital, Switzerland
Anesth Analg 99:965-73, table of contents. 2004..We conclude that the number of readable segments decreased after cardiac displacement but that availability of >or=14 readable segments allowed for reliable monitoring of segmental wall motion in 4 of 5 patients during OPCAB surgery...
- Intraoperative quick parathyroid hormone versus same-day parathyroid hormone testing for minimally invasive parathyroidectomy: a cost-effectiveness studyG Agarwal
Endocrine Surgical Unit, Royal North Shore Hospital, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Surgery 130:963-70. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: The fact that 97% of patients will be cured regardless of QPTH testing combined with its false-negative rates significantly reduces the cost-effectiveness of the test when compared with same-day parathyroid hormone testing...
- Estimation of changes in cardiac output from the arterial blood pressure waveform in the upper limbN W Linton
The Rayne Institute, St Thomas' Hospital, London, UK
Br J Anaesth 86:486-96. 2001..The PulseCO algorithm was incorporated into a computer program that acquires arterial pressure data from an analogue-to-digital converter and displays beat-to-beat trend values...
- Clinical evaluation and follow-up results for intraoperative magnetic resonance imaging in neurosurgeryC R Wirtz
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital, Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg, Germany
Neurosurgery 46:1112-20; discussion 1120-2. 2000..Although the feasibility of the procedure has been demonstrated repeatedly, no conclusive analysis of its effects on the surgical procedures, the extent of tumor removal, and outcomes, or its possible problems, has been performed...
- Intra-operative monitoring in scoliosis surgery with multi-pulse cortical stimuli and desflurane anesthesiaY L Lo
Department of Neurology, National Neuroscience Institute, Singapore General Hospital
Spinal Cord 42:342-5. 2004..Prospective, observational study...
- [Swelling of the tongue after intraoperative monitoring by transesophageal echocardiography]H Yamamoto
Department of Anesthesiology, Sapporo Medical University, School of Medicine, Sapporo 060-8543
Masui 50:1250-2. 2001..This is a case report of a 62-yr-old patient who developed tongue swelling after intraoperative monitoring by transesophageal echocardiography...
- Preload index: pulmonary artery occlusion pressure versus intrathoracic blood volume monitoring during lung transplantationGiorgio Della Rocca
Istituto di Anestesiologia e Rianimazione, University of Rome La Sapienza, Azienda Ospedaliera Policlinico Umberto I, Rome, Italy
Anesth Analg 95:835-43, table of contents. 2002..67), whereas PAOP failed. The mean bias between CIart and CIpa was 0.15 l. min(-1). m(-2) (1.37). In conclusion, ITBVI is a valid indicator of cardiac preload and may be superior to PAOP in patients undergoing lung transplantation...
- Novel cerebral physiologic monitoring to guide low-flow cerebral perfusion during neonatal aortic arch reconstructionDean B Andropoulos
Division of Pediatric Cardiovascular Anesthesiology, Texas Children s Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 125:491-9. 2003..This study was undertaken to describe the combined measurement of cerebral blood flow velocity and cerebral oxygen saturation as a guide to bypass flow rate for regional low-flow perfusion during neonatal aortic arch reconstruction...
- Hemodynamic changes during off-pump CABG surgeryQuoc Bao Do
Department of Surgery, Montreal Heart Institute, Quebec, Montreal, Canada
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 21:385-90. 2002..The purpose of this study was to assess the patients' hemodynamics during off-pump coronary artery bypass graft (OPCABG) surgery...
- Hemodynamics optimization during off-pump coronary artery bypass: the 'no compression' techniqueXavier M Mueller
Department of Cardio Vascular Surgery, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, CH 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 22:249-54. 2002..The 'no compression' technique involves enucleation of the heart without any compression on the cavities, and stabilization of the target area with a suction device. The impact of this technique on hemodynamics is assessed...
- The role of monitoring the depth of anesthesia in a case of hereditary sensory and autonomic neuropathy (Riley Day syndrome)Sanjib Das Adhikary
Paediatr Anaesth 17:402-3; author reply 403. 2007
- Effect of bispectral index (BIS) monitoring on postoperative recovery and sevoflurane consumption among morbidly obese patients undergoing laparoscopic gastric bandingOsama Ibraheim
Department of Anesthesia, King Khalid University Hospital, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Middle East J Anaesthesiol 19:819-30. 2008....
- Thyroplasty under total intravenous anaesthesia with intermittent positive pressure ventilationA Karmarkar
Hope Hospital, Anaesthetic Department, Salford, UK
Eur J Anaesthesiol 24:1041-4. 2007..The objective of this case series was to evaluate the use of a modified general anaesthetic technique using the laryngeal mask airway, total intravenous anaesthesia with controlled ventilation...
- Bispectral index monitored balanced anesthesia technique for pheochromocytoma resectionMadan Mohan Maddali
Department of Anesthesia, Royal Hospital, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Paediatr Anaesth 17:688-92. 2007..By titration of anesthesia depth, the stress response during resection could be avoided as well as postresection hypotension, without resort to additional pharmacological manipulation...
- Can the cerebral state monitor replace the bispectral index in monitoring hypnotic effect during propofol/remifentanil anaesthesia?S C Hoymork
Department of Anaesthesia, Ullevaal University Hospital and University of Oslo, Faculty Division of Ullevaal University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 51:210-6. 2007..We tested whether the two monitors would reflect hypnosis equally during propofol/remifentanil anaesthesia...
- Narcotrend or bispectral index monitoring during desflurane-remifentanil anesthesia: a comparison with a standard practice protocolSascha Kreuer
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Saarland, 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
Anesth Analg 101:427-34, table of contents. 2005....
- Concurrent recording of AEP, SSEP and EEG parameters during anaesthesia: a factor analysisH Schwilden
Department of Anaesthesiology, Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Germany
Br J Anaesth 95:197-206. 2005..This poses the question as to whether or not EEG, AEP and SSEP vary in parallel with varying conditions during surgical anaesthesia...
- Cerebral state index during anaesthetic induction: a comparative study with propofol or nitrous oxideR E Anderson
Department of Cardiothoracic Anaesthetics and Intensive Care, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 49:750-3. 2005....
- Auditory-evoked potentials in bispectral index-guided anaesthesia for cardiac surgeryT Musialowicz
Kuopio University Hospital, Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Department, Kuopio, Finland
Eur J Anaesthesiol 24:571-9. 2007..Midlatency auditory-evoked potentials, as measures of the anaesthetic state, were evaluated at similar levels of bispectral index in cardiac surgical patients maintained with either propofol or isoflurane anaesthesia...
- Intraoperative wake-up test in neonatal neurosurgeryRamasamy Govindarajan
Department of Anesthesiology, Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 11212, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 16:451-3. 2006..Our methodology of management has permitted us to perform a delicate test safely and will allow us to repeat the WPT if needed during neonatal neurosurgery...
- [Anesthesia for carotid artery surgery. Is there a gold standard?]T Rossel
Klinik für Anästhesiologie und Intensivmedizin, Universitatsklinikum Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, 01307 Dresden
Anaesthesist 57:115-30. 2008..The purpose of the review is to highlight the characteristics and goals of anesthetic management during CEA...
- The relationship between bispectral index and propofol during target-controlled infusion anesthesia: a comparative study between children and young adultsAgnes Rigouzzo
Service d anesthésie pédiatrique, Hopital Armand Trousseau, Paris, France
Anesth Analg 106:1109-16, table of contents. 2008..In this prospective study, we compared the relationship between propofol concentrations and bispectral index (BIS) in children versus young adults anesthetized with target-controlled infusion (TCI) of propofol...
- Cerebrovascular reactivity to carbon dioxide in the normal and abnormal cerebral hemispheres under anesthesia in patients with frontotemporal gliomasGanne S Umamaheswara Rao
National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Bangalore
J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 18:185-8. 2006..In conclusion, cerebrovascular response to hypocapnia is similar between the normal and the abnormal cerebral hemispheres both under intravenous and inhalational anesthesia...
- [Clinical utility of the bispectral index for detecting epileptic seizures]J J Guerrero
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 55:127-8. 2008
- Bispectral index-guided desflurane and propofol anesthesia in ambulatory arthroscopy: comparison of recovery and discharge profilesEmre Camci
Department of Anesthesiology, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Anesth 20:149-52. 2006..Using desflurane in combination with opioid analgesics blunted its rapid emergence characteristics, and the higher frequency of emetic symptoms with desflurane diminished the success of its fast-track eligibility...
- Bispectral index and spectral entropy in neuroanesthesiaPietro Paolo Martorano
Department of Neurosciences, Section of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Azienda Ospedaliero, Universitaria Ospedali Riuniti Umberto I G Salesi, GM Lancisi, Ancona, Italy
J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 18:205-10. 2006..There is good correlation between the 3 hypnosis indices and Ce. This study demonstrates that SpEn provides a reproducible hypnosis index for patients undergoing supratentorial neurosurgical procedures...
- Intraoperative motor-evoked potential monitoring in scoliosis surgery: comparison of desflurane/nitrous oxide with propofol total intravenous anesthetic regimensYew Long Lo
Department of Neurology, National Neuroscience Institute, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 18:211-4. 2006..A prospective, randomized study in a large general hospital setting...
- Assessment of surgical stress during general anaesthesiaM Huiku
Clinical Research, GE Healthcare Finland Oy, PO Box 900, FI 00031 GE, Helsinki, Finland
Br J Anaesth 98:447-55. 2007..No objective measures of the adequacy of analgesia exist. We aimed at developing a simple numerical measure of the level of surgical stress in an anaesthetized patient...
- Comparison of the time to extubation after use of remifentanil or sufentanil in combination with propofol as anesthesia in adults undergoing nonemergency intracranial surgery: a prospective, randomized, double-blind trialMarie Christine Djian
Department of Neuro Anaesthesia and Neuro Intensive Care, Sainte Anne Hospital, Paris, France
Clin Ther 28:560-8. 2006....
- Cerebral state monitor, a new small handheld EEG monitor for determining depth of anaesthesia: a clinical comparison with the bispectral index during day-surgeryR E Anderson
Department of Cardiothoracic Anaesthetics and Intensive Care, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Anaesthesiol 23:208-12. 2006..The objective was to determine the degree of agreement between the two monitors...
- Cerebral haemodynamic changes during propofol-remifentanil or sevoflurane anaesthesia: transcranial Doppler study under bispectral index monitoringA Conti
Department of Neurosciences, Psychiatric and Anaesthesiological Sciences, University of Messina, School of Medicine, Policlinico Universitario G Martino, Via C Valeria 98125, Messina, Italy
Br J Anaesth 97:333-9. 2006..Nevertheless, there are potential differences related to their activity on the cerebrovascular system. The magnitude of such difference is not completely known...
- Cerebral state index response to incision: a clinical study in day-surgical patientsR E Anderson
Department of Cardiothoracic Anaesthetics and Intensive Care, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 50:749-53. 2006..Anaesthetic depth monitors should be able to prevent this risk. This explorative study examined the ability of the cerebral state monitor to predict autonomic/somatic responses to incision...
- Propofol and remifentanil for deep sedation in children undergoing gastrointestinal endoscopyIbrahim Abu-Shahwan
Department of Anesthesiology, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, 401 Smyth Rd, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1H 8L1
Paediatr Anaesth 17:460-3. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the safety and efficacy of a combination of propofol and remifentanil deep sedation in spontaneously breathing children less than 7 years of age undergoing upper and/or lower gastrointestinal endoscopy...
- Bispectral index monitoring does not improve early recovery of geriatric outpatients undergoing brief surgical proceduresEdna Zohar
Department of Anesthesiology, Meir Hospital, Kfar Saba, Israel
Can J Anaesth 53:20-5. 2006..To assess if titration of sevoflurane using the bispectral index (BIS) monitor improves the early and intermediate recovery in geriatric outpatients undergoing brief urologic procedures under general anesthesia without muscle relaxants...
- Both clonidine and metoprolol modify anesthetic depth indicators and reduce intraoperative propofol requirementIndranil Ghosh
Department of Neuroanesthesiology, CN Center, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
J Anesth 22:131-4. 2008..This study was carried out to assess the effect of metoprolol on anesthetic depth indicators. We also compared the effect of metoprolol in reducing propofol requirements...
- Hedgehog, Patched, and Gli in MedulloblastomaHoward Weiner; Fiscal Year: 2007..This system provides a unique opportunity to investigate an in vivo animal model of childhood medulloblastoma, and to determine the roles of Ptc and Gli in tumorigenesis. ..
- OTIC PROBE FOR NEUROCOCHLEAR INTRAOPERATIVE MONITORINGRafael Delgado; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Postoperative Cognitive Dysfunction in the ElderlyTerri Monk; Fiscal Year: 2004..Given the breadth of my proposed training program, I will be able to interact with and serve as a mentor for anesthesiologists and also the broader corpus of scientists, both clinical and basic, interested in aging and neuroscience. ..
- Oral Care and Respiratory Pathogen ColonizationOzan Akca; Fiscal Year: 2004..Reducing respiratory pathogen colonization in the mouth could significantly reduce the morbidity and cost of VAP. ..
- Image-Guided Otologic SurgeryRobert Labadie; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is anticipated that this system will make ear surgery safer and more efficient. ..
- WincsNanotrode development for DBSKendall H Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013..This research proposal is intended to advance DBS technology by developing a novel intraoperative monitoring approach based on electrochemical monitoring at the brain-electrode interface by use of carbon nanofiber ..
- Laryngeal muscular control of voice production and qualityZhaoyan Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013..and voice quality may be useful for clinicians in the design and selection of treatment, or as part of intraoperative monitoring and assessment of treatment progress...
- Image-Guided Workstation and Tools for the Treatment of Bone DefectsMehran Armand; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose to develop a prototype surgical workstation for preoperative planning, and real-time intraoperative monitoring, navigation, and updating of plans during the revision surgery.
- Neurocognitive Function and Cerebral Perfusion in Cardiac SurgeryDaniel C Lee; Fiscal Year: 2011..The broad aim of this project is to adapt near-infrared spectroscopic (NIRS) tomography to intraoperative monitoring. NIRS tomography provides real-time measures of the temporal and spatial cerebral perfusion, with ..
- OTIC PROBE FOR NEUROCOCHLEAR INTRAOPERATIVE MONITORINGFred Telischi; Fiscal Year: 2000..The results will lead to the manufacture of an effective neurocochlear monitoring device which will be used in surgical procedures involving brainstem structures and clinical diagnosis of hearing loss. ..
- ULTRASOUND TRANSDUCER FOR CONTINUOUS IMAGING OF HEARTPREMINDRA CHANDRARATNA; Fiscal Year: 1999..applications include continuous recording of left ventricular wall motion in the coronary care unit, intraoperative monitoring of left ventricular function, and recording of cardiac output and pulmonary diastolic pressure using ..
- INTRAOPERATIVE MEASURES OF VOCAL FOLD YOUNGS MODULUSGerald Berke; Fiscal Year: 1992..The third group will serve as a control group and will have surgery without the aid of intraoperative monitoring of a target modulus...
- DEVICE FOR SIMULTANEOUS ABR/OAE ACQUISITIONRafael Delgado; Fiscal Year: 2000..trials will be conducted in Year 2 to test the system under a range of operating conditions, including intraoperative monitoring and infant hearing screening...
- High Dose Erythropoetin Neuroprotection Trial for Neonatal Cardiac SurgeryDean Andropoulos; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study will show if babies that are given erythropoetin have fewer delays in development than babies that do not receive the drug. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Long-term White Matter Changes Resulting from Delirium after SurgeryJames Rudolph; Fiscal Year: 2008..If the hypotheses are confirmed, this will alter our fundamental understanding of delirium as a short-term disorder and future studies can use imaging to prevent, identify, and treat delirium. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Robotic MastoidectomyRobert Labadie; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is hypothesized that this strategy will be more efficient than either the human or robotic interventions examined in Specific Aim 2. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BODY WEIGHT SUPPORTED AMBULATION TRAINING AFTER SCIBlair Calancie; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- SPINAL MOTOR CONDUCTION AND RECOVERY AFTER HUMAN SCIBlair Calancie; Fiscal Year: 2009..A slow-release formulation the K-channel blocker 4-aminopyridine will be tested for its effects on conduction in some cases. ..
- OUTCOME MEASURES FOR CLINICAL TRIALS IN STRABISMUSJonathan Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2008..Ultimately this research will result in better quality of life for patients with strabismus. ..
- Intraoperative 3T MRI Scanner for Minimally Invasive TherapyFerenc Jolesz; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Acupuncture and Low Back Pain during PregnancyShu Ming Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- A Novel Load Sensing Tibial Prosthesis DesignDARRYL D LIMA; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Optical imaging of epilepsy in rat and human neocortexTHEODORE SCHWARTZ; Fiscal Year: 2007..These experiments will set the groundwork for implementing optical recordings in general clinical practice as a novel technique for mapping and predicting human seizures. ..
- 2008 AUA/SBUR Summer Research ConferenceArthur Burnett; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Beta2 adrenoceptor genotype and preterm laborRichard Smiley; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Robotically Assisted Mouse InterventionsKevin Cleary; Fiscal Year: 2008..3. Perform a feasibility study using 10 mice to demonstrate the ability of the robot to biopsy the mouse flank as selected on the MRI images and evaluate the accuracy of the system. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neural and non-neural modulators of skin blood flow and sweating in humansCRAIG CRANDALL; Fiscal Year: 2009..e. diabetes, heart failure, etc) and non-disease (i.e. aging) conditions. ..
- Continued Development for The Image-guided Surgical Toolkit Project (IGSTK)Kevin Cleary; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- IMAGE GUIDED THERAPY CENTERFerenc Jolesz; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Substrate Mapping & Ablation of Ventricular TachycardiaVivek Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Inflammatory Response in Lung Injury to HyperoxiaSandra Perkowski; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is proposed that this combination of training and research will allow the candidate to transition to a fully independent research investigator, retaining ties to the veterinary community. ..
- Hindbrain Herniation in Sheep Model of MyelomeningoceleCornelia von Koch; Fiscal Year: 2002..Furthermore, we will characterize in lambs gross pathological and axonal pathfinding anomalies usually seen in the human disease. ..
- Modulation of Cochlear MechanicsJohn Oghalai; Fiscal Year: 2003..Additionally, these studies may lead to therapeutic interventions for noise-induced hearing loss and tinnitus. ..
- Evaluation of Optical Imaging for Seizure LocalizationMichael Haglund; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- The Effect of Sedation on Restorative SleepAvery Tung; Fiscal Year: 2005..Knowledge from this proposal will provide scientific insight into the relationships between anesthesia and sleep, and may lead to more effective clinical use of ICU sedatives. ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF RETINOPATHY OF PREMATURITYJonathan Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Biobehavioral Heterogeneity of Crack Cocaine DependenceLeslie Prichep; Fiscal Year: 2003..Application of new mathematical algorithms will permit identification of the most probable neuroanatomical sources generating the QEEG, which may improve understanding of underlying mechanisms and help target new medications. ..
- Skin Cooling to Improve Orthostatic ToleranceCRAIG CRANDALL; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Software Toolkit for Image Guided SurgeryKevin Cleary; Fiscal Year: 2005..Dissemination activities will be undertaken with the aim of fostering the use of the toolkit in research and clinical applications. ..
- NITRIC OXIDE REGULATORY SYSTEM IN THE PENISArthur Burnett; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Model of Traumatic Brain Injury TreatmentMichael Russell; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- CT fluoroscopy guided robotically assisted lung biopsyKevin Cleary; Fiscal Year: 2005..The system will be validated in phantom and animal studies. The R33 phase will result in a system that is ready for clinical trials. ..
- Health Communication: NIHL and Tinnitus PreventionWilliam Martin; Fiscal Year: 2006..The goal is to decrease the number of cases of preventable noise induced hearing loss and tinnitus, and to promote healthy hearing and good aural communication in the population. ..
- Prevention of Noise-Induced Hearing Loss in Children and AdolescentsWilliam Martin; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- SUPPLEMENTAL OXYGEN AND SURGICAL WOUND INFECTIONSDaniel Sessler; Fiscal Year: 2001..Since the cost of oxygen is trivial and the risks of oxygen administration are low, clinicians will easily be able to implement this treatment once we have demonstrated its benefits. ..
- OR2020 Workshop: Operating Room of the FutureKevin Cleary; Fiscal Year: 2004..The workshop is currently scheduled to be held from April 16-17, 2004, at Turf Valley Conference Center in Ellicot City, Maryland. ..
- Nitrous Oxide and Wound InfectionsOzan Akca; Fiscal Year: 2006..Confirming our hypothesis would thus allow clinicians to make a minor modification in anesthetic practice that might reduce the incidence of a complication responsible for considerable perioperative morbidity and cost. ..
- Quantitative multimodal analyses in pediatric epilepsy surgeryEishi Asano; Fiscal Year: 2008..If funded, the applicant will achieve the necessary training in an excellent environment to develop into an independent investigator. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Visualizing the Substrate for Sudden Cardiac DeathVivek Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Tribal Community-Based Prevention of Noise-Induced Hearing Loss and TinnitusWilliam Martin; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Modulation of Cochlear TuningJohn Oghalai; Fiscal Year: 2008..The long-term goal of the candidate is to extend this line of translational research to develop therapeutic interventions for patients with noise-induced and age-related sensorineural hearing loss. ..
- Cognitive Function After Intracranial Aneurysm SurgerySatwant Samra; Fiscal Year: 2005..Information gained from this investigation will be important in giving a prognosis for returning back to work as well as planning rehabilitation of patients suffering from aneurysmal SAH in future. ..
- Pain Assessment in Cognitively Impaired ChildrenShobha Malviya; Fiscal Year: 2005..A reliable and valid pain assessment tool is critical to facilitate our future study of pain management strategies in these children. ..
- Electrocorticographic Study of Categorical Phoneme Perception in the Human TemporEdward Chang; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ROLE OF FDG-PET, 1H-MRSI, AND MSI IN EPILEPSY SURGERYRobert Knowlton; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Effect of AADC gene transfer on L-dopa induced dyskinesia in MPTP monkeysRobert Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..