Genomes and Genes
Summary: The performance of dissections with the aid of a microscope.
Publications359 found, 100 shown here
- Gene expression profiles of Beta-cell enriched tissue obtained by laser capture microdissection from subjects with type 2 diabetesLorella Marselli
Section on Islet Transplantation and Cell Biology, Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center and the Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS ONE 5:e11499. 2010..Changes in gene expression in pancreatic beta-cells from type 2 diabetes (T2D) should provide insights into their abnormal insulin secretion and turnover...
- Laser-capture microdissectionVirginia Espina
Center for Applied Proteomics and Molecular Medicine, George Mason University, 10900 University Blvd MS 4E3, Manassas, Virginia, USA
Nat Protoc 1:586-603. 2006..Laser-capture microdissection (LCM) is a method to procure subpopulations of tissue cells under direct microscopic visualization...
- Laser microdissection unravels cell-type-specific transcription in arbuscular mycorrhizal roots, including CAAT-box transcription factor gene expression correlating with fungal contact and spreadClaudia Hogekamp
Institut für Pflanzengenetik, Leibniz Universitat Hannover, D 30419 Hannover, Germany
Plant Physiol 157:2023-43. 2011..real-time reverse transcription-PCR experiments that relied on characteristic cell types obtained via laser microdissection. Our genome-wide approach delivered a core set of 512 genes significantly activated by the two mycorrhizal ..
- Combining laser microdissection and RNA-seq to chart the transcriptional landscape of fungal developmentInes Teichert
Lehrstuhl für Allgemeine und Molekulare Botanik, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Bochum, Germany
BMC Genomics 13:511. 2012..Here, we used laser microdissection (LM) and RNA-seq to determine gene expression patterns in young fruiting bodies (protoperithecia) and non-..
- Various spatiotemporal expression profiles of anther-expressed genes in riceTokunori Hobo
Bioscience and Biotechnology Center, Nagoya University, Furocho, Chikusa, Nagoya, 464 8601 Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 49:1417-28. 2008..study, we characterized the separated transcriptomes of the rice microspore/pollen and tapetum using laser microdissection (LM)-mediated microarray...
- Tissue specific profiling of females of Schistosoma japonicum by integrated laser microdissection microscopy and microarray analysisGeoffrey N Gobert
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Herston, Queensland, Australia
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 3:e469. 2009..This goal is rendered difficult to achieve by the generally small size of the parasites and the lack of a body cavity, which precludes analysis of transcriptional profiles of the tissues in isolation...
- Laser microdissection of Arabidopsis cells at the powdery mildew infection site reveals site-specific processes and regulatorsDivya Chandran
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:460-5. 2010..and reproduction of the obligate biotrophic fungus Golovinomyces orontii on Arabidopsis thaliana, laser microdissection was used to isolate cells at the site of infection at 5 days postinfection for downstream global Arabidopsis ..
- Analysis of gene expression in prostate cancer epithelial and interstitial stromal cells using laser capture microdissectionJennifer L Gregg
School of Biomedical Sciences, Kent State University, Kent, OH, USA
BMC Cancer 10:165. 2010..This report presents the first study of prostate tumor tissue that examines patterns of differential expression between specific cell types using laser capture microdissection (LCM).
- Separated transcriptomes of male gametophyte and tapetum in rice: validity of a laser microdissection (LM) microarrayKeita Suwabe
Graduate School of Life Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai, 980 8577 Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 49:1407-16. 2008..In this study, a microarray technique combined with laser microdissection (44K LM-microarray) was developed and used to characterize separately the transcriptomes of the microspore/..
- Tissue-specific transcriptome profiling of the citrus fruit epidermis and subepidermis using laser capture microdissectionAntonio J Matas
Department of Plant Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
J Exp Bot 61:3321-30. 2010..In this study, laser microdissection (LMD) was used to isolate epidermal and subepidermal cells from green, expanding Citrus clementina fruit and ..
- Microdissection and chromosome painting of X and B chromosomes in Locusta migratoriaMaría Teruel
Departamento de Genetica, Universidad de Granada, 18071, Granada, Spain
Chromosome Res 17:11-8. 2009..and DNA content of B chromosomes has been triggered by a collection of molecular techniques, one of which, microdissection, has provided interesting results in a number of B chromosome systems...
- Identification of metastasis associated proteins in human lung squamous carcinoma using two-dimensional difference gel electrophoresis and laser capture microdissectionHuixin Yao
Key Laboratory of Cancer Proteomics of Ministry of Health of China, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410008, Hunan, PR China
Lung Cancer 65:41-8. 2009..Laser capture microdissection was performed to purify LSC cells with LNM (LNM LSC) and LSC without LNM (non-LNM LSC)...
- Accumulation of mutations over the entire mitochondrial genome of breast cancer cells obtained by tissue microdissectionLiane Fendt
Institute of Legal Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Breast Cancer Res Treat 128:327-36. 2011..this study is to characterize the extent and level of mutations in breast cancer samples obtained by tissue microdissection by application of an evaluated full mtDNA genome sequencing protocol...
- Microdissection and chromosome painting of X and B chromosomes in the grasshopper Eyprepocnemis ploransM Teruel
Departamento de Genetica, Universidad de Granada, Granada, Spain
Cytogenet Genome Res 125:286-91. 2009..This supports the hypothesis of an intraspecific origin of B chromosomes in E. plorans. Nevertheless, the present results did not help to clarify whether Bs were derived from the X chromosome or else from 1 or more autosomes...
- Laser-capture microdissection: refining estimates of the quantity and distribution of latent herpes simplex virus 1 and varicella-zoster virus DNA in human trigeminal Ganglia at the single-cell levelKening Wang
Medical Virology Section, Laboratory of Clinical Infectious Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Virol 79:14079-87. 2005..We developed and validated laser-capture microdissection and real-time PCR (LCM/PCR) assays for the presence and copy numbers of HSV-1 gG and VZV gene 62 sequences in ..
- Laser capture microdissection technologyVirginia Espina
Center for Applied Proteomics and Molecular Medicine, George Mason University, Manassas, VA 20110, USA
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 7:647-57. 2007..Laser capture microdissection is a method to procure subpopulations of tissue cells under direct microscopic visualization...
- Analysis of gene expression identifies candidate molecular markers in nasopharyngeal carcinoma using microdissection and cDNA microarrayZhaoyang Zeng
Cancer Research Institute, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, 410078, People s Republic of China
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 133:71-81. 2007..Microarray analysis was used to bring a comprehensive insight into underlying molecular mechanisms and obtain a whole assessment of aberrant gene expression in nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC)...
- Microdissection testicular sperm extraction: an updateAli A Dabaja
Department of Urology, Male Reproductive Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10065, USA
Asian J Androl 15:35-9. 2013..techniques, including fine needle aspiration (FNA), conventional testicular sperm extraction (TESE) and microdissection testicular sperm extraction (micro-TESE) have revolutionized treatment in this group of men...
- Gene expression analysis of rheumatoid arthritis synovial lining regions by cDNA microarray combined with laser microdissection: up-regulation of inflammation-associated STAT1, IRF1, CXCL9, CXCL10, and CCL5S Yoshida
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Kurume University, Japan
Scand J Rheumatol 41:170-9. 2012..The aim of this study was to evaluate gene expression in the microdissected synovial lining cells of RA patients, using those of osteoarthritis (OA) patients as the control...
- Laser capture microdissection in the tissue biorepositoryAngen Liu
Tissue Biorepository, Hollings Cancer Center, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
J Biomol Tech 21:120-5. 2010..Laser capture microdissection (LCM) is state-of-the-art technology that provides the scientific community with a rapid and reliable method ..
- Laser capture microdissection of uredinia formed by Melampsora larici-populina revealed a transcriptional switch between biotrophy and sporulationStéphane Hacquard
Unité Mixte de Recherche 1136 INRA Nancy Université Interactions Arbres Micro organismes, Champenoux, France
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 23:1275-86. 2010..Laser capture microdissection (LCM) was used to isolate three areas corresponding to uredinia and subjacent zones in the host mesophyll for ..
- High serum FSH levels in men with nonobstructive azoospermia does not affect success of microdissection testicular sperm extractionRanjith Ramasamy
Center for Reproductive Medicine and Infertility, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York, USA
Fertil Steril 92:590-3. 2009To evaluate the outcomes of microdissection testicular sperm extraction (micro-TESE) in patients with high FSH.
- Towards better understanding of the contributions of overwork and glucotoxicity to the beta-cell inadequacy of type 2 diabetesG C Weir
Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Diabetes Obes Metab 11:82-90. 2009..An advantage comes from laser capture microdissection (LCM), which obtains beta-cell-rich tissue from pancreatic frozen sections...
- Conventional testicular sperm extraction combined with the microdissection technique in nonobstructive azoospermic patients: a prospective comparative studyTahsin Turunc
Department of Urology, Baskent University, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Fertil Steril 94:2157-60. 2010To perform conventional and microdissection testicular sperm extraction (TESE) at the same session and compare their effectiveness.
- Comparative transcriptional survey between laser-microdissected cells from laminar abscission zone and petiolar cortical tissue during ethylene-promoted abscission in citrus leavesJavier Agusti
Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Agrarias Centro de Genómica, 46113 Moncada, Valencia, Spain
BMC Plant Biol 9:127. 2009..Therefore, detailed studies at the resolution of cell type are of great relevance in order to accurately describe the process and to identify potential candidate genes for biotechnological applications...
- Structural and functional changes to the testis after conventional versus microdissection testicular sperm extractionRanjith Ramasamy
Department of Urology, New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Urology 65:1190-4. 2005..after testicular sperm extraction (TESE) using the conventional multiple biopsy approach and the more recent microdissection technique...
- High quality RNA from multiple brain regions simultaneously acquired by laser capture microdissectionWei Zhi Wang
Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, University of Oxford, Le Gros Clark Building, Oxford, UK
BMC Mol Biol 10:69. 2009Laser capture microdissection enables the isolation of single cells or small cell groups from histological sections under direct microscopic observation...
- A roadmap for zinc trafficking in the developing barley grain based on laser capture microdissection and gene expression profilingBirgitte Tauris
University of Aarhus, Facultry of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Genetics and Biotechnology, Forsøgsvej 1, 4200 Slagelse, Denmark
J Exp Bot 60:1333-47. 2009..Cells from these tissues were isolated with the 'laser capture microdissection' technology and the extracted RNA was subjected to three rounds of T7-based amplification...
- Use of laser capture microdissection to detect integrated HIV-1 DNA in macrophages and astrocytes from autopsy brain tissuesMelissa J Churchill
The Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research and Public Health, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Neurovirol 12:146-52. 2006..By combining immunohistochemistry, laser capture microdissection, and triple-nested Alu-PCR, we demonstrate integrated HIV-1 in astrocytes and macrophages isolated directly ..
- Selenium and vitamin E: cell type- and intervention-specific tissue effects in prostate cancerDimitra Tsavachidou
Department of Systems Biology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:306-20. 2009....
- Classification of amyloidosis by laser microdissection and mass spectrometry-based proteomic analysis in clinical biopsy specimensJulie A Vrana
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Blood 114:4957-9. 2009..Our approach combines specific sampling by laser microdissection (LMD) and analytical power of tandem mass spectrometry (MS)-based proteomic analysis...
- Genome-wide reprogramming of regulatory networks, transport, cell wall and membrane biogenesis during arbuscular mycorrhizal symbiosis in Lotus japonicusMike Guether
Department of Plant Biology, University of Torino and IPP CNR, Torino, Italy
New Phytol 182:200-12. 2009..When compared with previously published papers, the transcript profiles indicate the presence of a core set of responsive genes (25) that seem to be conserved irrespective of the symbiotic partner identity...
- Heterogeneous rpoS and rhlR mRNA levels and 16S rRNA/rDNA (rRNA gene) ratios within Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms, sampled by laser capture microdissectionAilyn C Pérez-Osorio
Department of Microbiology, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717, USA
J Bacteriol 192:2991-3000. 2010..Previously, we used laser capture microdissection (LCM) and quantitative reverse transcription (RT)-PCR to target defined biofilm subpopulations for gene ..
- Stromal gene expression predicts clinical outcome in breast cancerGreg Finak
McGill Centre for Bioinformatics, 3775 University Street, McGill University, Quebec H3A 2B4, Canada
Nat Med 14:518-27. 2008..We used laser capture microdissection to compare gene expression profiles of tumor stroma from 53 primary breast tumors and derived signatures ..
- Inclusion body myositis: laser microdissection reveals differential up-regulation of IFN-γ signaling cascade in attacked versus nonattacked myofibersJana Ivanidze
Institute of Clinical Neuroimmunology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Am J Pathol 179:1347-59. 2011..A(IBM)) or nonattacked (N(IBM)) and isolated the intracellular contents of myofibers separately by laser microdissection. For comparison, we isolated myofibers from control persons (H(CTRL))...
- Laser microdissection-based expression analysis of key genes involved in muscle regeneration in mdx miceMario Marotta
Laboratori de Neurologia Infantil, Institut de Recerca Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Passeig Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Neuromuscul Disord 17:707-18. 2007..evaluate the expression of known key-regulatory genes in muscle regeneration, we have applied Laser Capture Microdissection technique to obtain tissue from different DRGs encompassing the complete skeletal muscle regenerative process...
- RNAlater facilitates microdissection of sensory cell-enriched samples from the mouse cochlea for transcriptional analysesQunfeng Cai
Center for Hearing and Deafness, State University of New York at Buffalo, 137 Cary Hall, 3435 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
J Neurosci Methods 219:240-51. 2013..Here, we report a microdissection technique for isolating sensory cell-enriched samples from the cochlea...
- Preparation of Xenopus tropicalis whole chromosome painting probes using laser microdissection and reconstruction of X. laevis tetraploid karyotype by Zoo-FISHVladimir Krylov
Faculty of Science, Charles University in Prague, Vinicna 7, 128 44 Prague 2, Czech Republic
Chromosome Res 18:431-9. 2010Laser microdissection was used for the preparation of whole chromosome painting probes in Silurana (Xenopus) tropicalis...
- The development of high-grade serous carcinoma from atypical proliferative (borderline) serous tumors and low-grade micropapillary serous carcinoma: a morphologic and molecular genetic analysisReiko Dehari
Department of Pathology, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 31:1007-12. 2007..The above results suggest that the majority of high-grade and low-grade carcinomas develop independently but in rare cases, a high-grade serous carcinoma may arise from an atypical proliferative serous (borderline) tumor...
- Role of tissue digestion and extensive sperm search after microdissection testicular sperm extractionRanjith Ramasamy
Center for Reproductive Medicine, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York, USA
Fertil Steril 96:299-302. 2011..To report the chance of sperm discovery in the laboratory when sperm were not identified in the operating room (OR)...
- Novel markers of the human follicle-associated epithelium identified by genomic profiling and microdissectionPascale Anderle
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research and Institute of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, Epalinges, Switzerland
Gastroenterology 129:321-7. 2005..In this study, we measured expression profiles of LTalpha1beta2-treated intestinal epithelial cells and selected CCL20 -coregulated genes to identify new FAE markers...
- Adenosquamous carcinoma of the lung: a microdissection study of KRAS and EGFR mutational and amplification status in a western patient populationNaobumi Tochigi
Dept of Pathology, UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 2582, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 135:783-9. 2011..EGFR mutations occur in adenosquamous carcinoma in the same percentages as in conventional adenocarcinoma in the Western population. KRAS mutations are less common...
- Functional genomics of a generalist parasitic plant: laser microdissection of host-parasite interface reveals host-specific patterns of parasite gene expressionLoren A Honaas
Intercollege Graduate Program in Plant Biology, Huck Institutes of the Life Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
BMC Plant Biol 13:9. 2013..Here, we compare de novo assembled transcriptomes generated from laser micro-dissected tissues at the host-parasite interface to uncover details of the largely uncharacterized interaction between parasitic plants and their hosts...
- Improved RNA preservation for immunolabeling and laser microdissectionAmanda L Brown
Faculty of Health, School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy, University of Newcastle, Newcastle NSW 2308, Australia
RNA 15:2364-74. 2009b>Microdissection techniques have the potential to allow for transcriptome analyses in specific populations of cells that are isolated from heterogeneous tissues such as the nervous system and certain cancers...
- New approach to in situ quantification of ovarian gene expression in rat using a laser microdissection technique: relationship between follicle types and regulation of inhibin-alpha and cytochrome P450aromatase genes in the rat ovaryYosuke Sakurada
Research Institute of Biosciences and High Tech Research Center, Azabu University, 1 17 71 Fuchinobe, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 2298501, Japan
Histochem Cell Biol 126:735-41. 2006The recently developed laser microdissection (LMD) technique makes it possible to quantify local gene expression in the target cells of various tissues...
- UV-laser microdissection and mRNA expression analysis of individual neurons from postmortem Parkinson's disease brainsJan Gründemann
Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research, University College London, London, UK
Methods Mol Biol 755:363-74. 2011..Here, we describe a detailed protocol that combines contact-free UV-laser microdissection and quantitative PCR of reverse-transcribed RNA of individual neurons from postmortem human midbrain tissue ..
- Transcriptome analysis of developing ovules in rice isolated by laser microdissectionTakahiko Kubo
Plant Genetics Laboratory, National Institute of Genetics, Mishima, 411 8540 Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 54:750-65. 2013..In order to separate ovules from scutellum, we used a laser microdissection (LM) technique...
- Comparative analysis of micro and macro B chromosomes in the Korean field mouse Apodemus peninsulae (Rodentia, Murinae) performed by chromosome microdissection and FISHN B Rubtsov
Institute of Cytology and Genetics, Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk, Russia
Cytogenet Genome Res 106:289-94. 2004..Giemsa, DAPI, Ag-NOR staining and chromosome painting with whole and partial chromosome probes generated by microdissection and DOP-PCR. DNA composition of micro B chromosomes was different from that of macro B chromosomes...
- Laser microdissection of grapevine leaf phloem infected by stolbur reveals site-specific gene responses associated to sucrose transport and metabolismSimonetta Santi
Dipartimento di Scienze Agrarie e Ambientali, University of Udine, Via delle Scienze 208, I 33100 Udine, Italy
Plant Cell Environ 36:343-55. 2013..cell complexes and some parenchyma cells, was isolated from healthy and infected leaves by means of laser microdissection pressure catapulting (LMPC)...
- Laser capture microdissection: methods and applicationsKristen Decarlo
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 755:1-15. 2011Laser microdissection is a nonmolecular, minimally disruptive method to obtain cytologically and/or phenotypically defined cells or groups of cells from heterogeneous tissues...
- A robust RNA integrity-preserving staining protocol for laser capture microdissection of endometrial cancer tissueMichele Cummings
Gynaeimmunology and Oncology Group, YCR and Liz Dawn Pathology and Translational Sciences Centre, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, St James s University Hospital, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Anal Biochem 416:123-5. 2011Laser capture microdissection of frozen tissue sections allows homogeneous cell populations to be isolated for expression profiling...
- Use of laser-capture microdissection for the identification of marker genes for the ventromedial hypothalamic nucleusJeremy P Segal
The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Neurosci 25:4181-8. 2005..Here, we report the use of laser-capture microdissection to isolate a set of cDNAs that are enriched in the VMH relative to two adjacent hypothalamic nuclei, the ..
- A method for obtaining high quality RNA from paraffin sections of plant tissues by laser microdissectionHirokazu Takahashi
Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo, Tokyo, 113 8657, Japan
J Plant Res 123:807-13. 2010Laser microdissection (LM) combined with microarray analysis or next-generation sequencing of cDNA is a powerful tool for understanding molecular events in individual cell types of plants as well as animals...
- Principles of laser microdissection and catapulting of histologic specimens and live cellsAlfred Vogel
Institute of Biomedical Optics, University of Lubeck, Peter Monnik Weg 4, D 23562 Lubeck, Germany
Methods Cell Biol 82:153-205. 2007..proteomic and genomic analysis as well as separation and transport of living cells can be achieved by laser microdissection (LMD) of the sample of interest followed by a laser-induced forward transport process [laser pressure "..
- Anatomic renal artery branch microdissection to facilitate zero-ischemia partial nephrectomyCasey K Ng
USC Institute of Urology, Center for Advanced Robotic and Laparoscopic Surgery, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Eur Urol 61:67-74. 2012..Robot-assisted and laparoscopic partial nephrectomies (PNs) for medial tumors are technically challenging even with the hilum clamped and, until now, were impossible to perform with the hilum unclamped...
- A candidate precursor to serous carcinoma that originates in the distal fallopian tubeY Lee
Division of Women s and Perinatal Pathology, Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Pathol 211:26-35. 2007....
- Analysis of mouse brain microvascular endothelium using laser capture microdissection coupled with proteomicsNivetha Murugesan
Department of Cell Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT, USA
Methods Mol Biol 686:297-311. 2011..Recent advances in both microdissection techniques and proteomic analytical tools have nonetheless circumvented many of these obstacles, allowing for ..
- Genetically heterogeneous and clonally unrelated metastases may arise in patients with cutaneous melanomaTerrence M Katona
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 31:1029-37. 2007..Genomic DNA samples were prepared from tissue sections using laser-assisted microdissection. We find that the majority of melanoma metastases share a common clonal origin with the matched primary tumor...
- Identification of Arabidopsis thaliana phloem RNAs provides a search criterion for phloem-based transcripts hidden in complex datasets of microarray experimentsRosalia Deeken
Julius von Sachs Institute for Biosciences, University of Wurzburg, Julius von Sachs Platz 2, D 97082 Wurzburg, Germany
Plant J 55:746-59. 2008..transcripts expressed in phloem parenchyma cells and in companion cell-sieve element complexes, we used laser microdissection coupled to laser pressure catapulting (LMPC)...
- Identificating cathepsin D as a biomarker for differentiation and prognosis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma by laser capture microdissection and proteomic analysisAi Lan Cheng
Key Laboratory of Cancer Proteomics of Chinese Ministry of Health, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410008, China
J Proteome Res 7:2415-26. 2008In this study, we applied laser capture microdissection and a proteomic approach to identify novel nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) biomarkers...
- Use of laser microdissection in the analysis of renal-infiltrating T cells in MRL/lpr miceYingge Wang
Division of Clinical Immunology, Major of Advanced Biomedical Applications, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Science, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Mod Rheumatol 18:385-93. 2008..glomeruli, glomerular circumference, and perivascular areas in ten female MRL/lpr mice were captured by laser microdissection (LMD)...
- Senescent vs. non-senescent cells in the human annulus in vivo: cell harvest with laser capture microdissection and gene expression studies with microarray analysisHelen E Gruber
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC, USA
BMC Biotechnol 10:5. 2010..Molecular analysis of senescent cells in tissue offers a special challenge since there are no cell surface markers for senescence which would let one use fluorescence-activated cell sorting as a method for separating out senescent cells...
- Identification of transgelin-2 as a biomarker of colorectal cancer by laser capture microdissection and quantitative proteome analysisYanbin Zhang
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Peking University People s Hospital, Peking University, Beijing, China
Cancer Sci 101:523-9. 2010..Cox regression analysis indicated that high tumor-TAGLN2 expression represents an independent prognostic factor. Consequently, over-expression of TAGLN2 may serve as a new biomarker for predicting progression and prognosis of CRC...
- Merger of laser capture microdissection and mass spectrometry: a window into the amyloid plaque proteomeYair M Gozal
Department of Human Genetics, Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases, School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, 30322, USA
Methods Enzymol 412:77-93. 2006..Recent developments in laser capture microdissection (LCM) and mass spectrometry (MS) enable large-scale protein profiling of captured tissue samples...
- Detection of plasminogen activators in oral cancer by laser capture microdissection combined with zymographyAlejandro Curino
Proteases and Tissue Remodeling Unit, Oral and Pharyngeal Cancer Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, 30 Convent Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Oral Oncol 40:1026-32. 2004..Laser capture microdissection (LCM) was combined with plasminogen-casein zymography to analyze uPA, tissue PA (tPA), uPA-PAI-1 complexes, ..
- In situ proteomic analysis of human breast cancer epithelial cells using laser capture microdissection: annotation by protein set enrichment analysis and gene ontologySangwon Cha
Barnett Institute, Northeastern University, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 9:2529-44. 2010..luminal subtype), invasive malignant breast epithelial (MBE) samples by combining laser capture microdissection (LCM) and quantitative shotgun proteomics...
- Atomic force microscopy and scanning near-field optical microscopy studies on the characterization of human metaphase chromosomesM Oberringer
Department of Trauma, Hand and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Saarbrücken, 66421 Homburg, Germany
Eur Biophys J 32:620-7. 2003....
- Laser capture microdissection of cervical human papillomavirus infections: copy number of the virus in cancerous and normal tissue and heterogeneous DNA methylationMina Kalantari
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Virology 390:261-7. 2009..We asked whether laser capture microdissection (LCM) of archival cervical tumors in combination with real-time polymerase chain reaction and bisulfite ..
- Vascular MMP-9/TIMP-2 and neuronal MMP-10 up-regulation in human brain after stroke: a combined laser microdissection and protein array studyEloy Cuadrado
Neurovascular Research Laboratory, Neurovascular Unit, Department of Neurology, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Institut de Recerca, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
J Proteome Res 8:3191-7. 2009..proteins in the human brain after stroke by using a combination of Searchlight Protein Array and Laser Microdissection to determine their cellular origin...
- HER-2/neu amplification testing in breast cancer by Multiplex Ligation-dependent Probe Amplification: influence of manual- and laser microdissectionCathy B Moelans
Department of Pathology, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Heidelberglaan, GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
BMC Cancer 9:4. 2009..MLPA was previously shown to correlate well with IHC and in situ hybridization (ISH), but a low tumor percentage in the tissue tested could negatively affect the accuracy of MLPA results...
- Laser capture microdissection and metagenomic analysis of intact mucosa-associated microbial communities of human colonYunwei Wang
Department of Medicine, Knapp Center for Biomedical Discovery, University of Chicago, Rm 9031, 900 E 57th Street, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 88:1333-42. 2010..In the present study, we determined the feasibility of laser capture microdissection (LCM) of intact regional human colonic mucosa-associated microbes followed by phi29 multiple displacement ..
- The use of fluorescence in situ hybridisation and laser microdissection to identify and isolate male cells in an azoospermic sexual assault caseColin McAlister
The Forensic Science Service, Birmingham Business Park, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Forensic Sci Int Genet 5:69-73. 2011..Forensic Science Service(®) has developed a technique combining fluorescence in situ hybridisation and laser microdissection to enable the identification and isolation of male cells that may be present in azoospermic semen on vaginal ..
- Laser capture microdissection and cDNA microarrays used to generate gene expression profiles of the rapidly expanding fibre initial cells on the surface of cotton ovulesYingru Wu
CSIRO Plant Industry, P O Box 1600, Canberra, ACT 2601, Australia
Planta 226:1475-90. 2007..Using laser-capture microdissection, coupled with an in vitro RNA amplification system, we used cDNA microarray slides to profile the gene ..
- Maintaining RNA integrity in a homogeneous population of mammary epithelial cells isolated by Laser Capture MicrodissectionClaudia Bevilacqua
INRA, UMR1313 Unité Génétique Animale et Biologie Intégrative, équipe Lait, Génome and Santé F 78350 Jouy en Josas, France
BMC Cell Biol 11:95. 2010Laser-capture microdissection (LCM) that enables the isolation of specific cell populations from complex tissues under morphological control is increasingly used for subsequent gene expression studies in cell biology by methods such as ..
- Improvement of tissue preparation for laser capture microdissection: application for cell type-specific miRNA expression profiling in colorectal tumorsShuyang Wang
Department of Pathology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, 138 Yi Xue Yuan Road, Shanghai 200032, PR China
BMC Genomics 11:163. 2010Laser capture microdissection (LCM) has successfully isolated pure cell populations from tissue sections and the combination of LCM with standard genomic and proteomic methods has revolutionized molecular analysis of complex tissue...
- Be more specific! Laser-assisted microdissection of plant cellsRobert C Day
Department of Biochemistry, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Trends Plant Sci 10:397-406. 2005Laser-assisted microdissection (LAM) is a powerful tool for isolating specific tissues, cell types and even organelles from sectioned biological specimen in a manner conducive to the extraction of RNA, DNA or protein...
- Medicago truncatula and Glomus intraradices gene expression in cortical cells harboring arbuscules in the arbuscular mycorrhizal symbiosisS Karen Gomez
Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research, Tower Road, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
BMC Plant Biol 9:10. 2009..truncatula transcript profiles associated with AM symbiosis, and then developed laser microdissection (LM) of M...
- Direct determination of molecular haplotypes by chromosome microdissectionLi Ma
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Nat Methods 7:299-301. 2010..Here we report a method for the determination of haplotypes through chromosome microdissection. We determined human long-range chromosomal haplotypes with more than 98...
- Laser capture microdissection-microarray analysis of focal segmental glomerulosclerosis glomeruliMichael R Bennett
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Nephron Exp Nephrol 107:e30-40. 2007..In this report we used laser capture microdissection to purify diseased glomeruli, and microarrays to provide universal gene expression profiles...
- Accurate qualitative and quantitative proteomic analysis of clinical hepatocellular carcinoma using laser capture microdissection coupled with isotope-coded affinity tag and two-dimensional liquid chromatography mass spectrometryChen Li
Research Center for Proteome Analysis, Key Lab of Proteomics, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
Mol Cell Proteomics 3:399-409. 2004Laser capture microdissection (LCM) is a powerful tool that enables the isolation of specific cell types from tissue sections, overcoming the problem of tissue heterogeneity and contamination...
- Quantitative RT-PCR gene expression analysis of laser microdissected tissue samplesHeidi S Erickson
Pathogenetics Unit, Laboratory of Pathology and Urologic Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Nat Protoc 4:902-22. 2009..The entire protocol from tissue microdissection through qRT-PCR analysis requires approximately 16 h.
- Laser microdissection of conifer stem tissues: isolation and analysis of high quality RNA, terpene synthase enzyme activity and terpenoid metabolites from resin ducts and cambial zone tissue of white spruce (Picea glauca)Eric Abbott
Michael Smith Laboratories, University of British Columbia, 2185 East Mall, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z4, Canada
BMC Plant Biol 10:106. 2010Laser microdissection (LMD) has been established for isolation of individual tissue types from herbaceous plants. However, there are few reports of cell- and tissue-specific analysis in woody perennials...
- Reconstitution of paired T cell receptor alpha- and beta-chains from microdissected single cells of human inflammatory tissuesSabine Seitz
Institute for Clinical Neuroimmunology, Ludwig Maximilians University, D 81377 Munich, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:12057-62. 2006..T cells that fulfilled the morphological criteria of myocytotoxicity and isolated them by laser microdissection. Next, we identified coexpressed pairs of TCR alpha- and beta-chains by a multiplex PCR protocol, which ..
- Use of laser microdissection greatly improves the recovery of DNA from sperm on microscope slidesK Elliott
Research and Development, The Forensic Science Service, Trident Court, Solihull Parkway, Birmingham Business Park, SolihullB37 7YN, UK
Forensic Sci Int 137:28-36. 2003..Here, we describe the use of laser capture microdissection (LM) for the isolation of spermatozoa from microscope slides containing sperms and vaginal cells...
- Protein profiling of microdissected pancreas carcinoma and identification of HSP27 as a potential serum markerChristian Melle
Core Unit Chip Application, Institute of Human Genetics and Anthropology, Medical Faculty at Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Jena, Germany
Clin Chem 53:629-35. 2007..Patients with pancreatic adenocarcinomas have a poor prognosis because of late clinical manifestation and the tumor's aggressive nature. We used proteomic techniques to search for markers of pancreatic carcinoma...
- Automatic detection of spermatozoa for laser capture microdissectionMado Vandewoestyne
Laboratory for Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Ghent University, Harelbekestraat 72, 9000, Ghent, Belgium
Int J Legal Med 123:169-75. 2009..Laser capture microdissection (LCM) enables the precise separation of spermatozoa and epithelial cells...
- Laser microdissection separation of pure spermatozoa from epithelial cells for short tandem repeat analysisChristine T Sanders
Department of Neuroscience, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, North Chicago, IL 60064, USA
J Forensic Sci 51:748-57. 2006..The feasibility of applying laser microdissection (LMD) technology to precisely separate sexual assault cell mixtures by visual inspection coupled with laser ..
- Microdissection of neural networks by conditional reporter expression from a Brainbow herpesvirusJ Patrick Card
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:3377-82. 2011..The availability of other technologies that restrict Cre expression to defined populations of neurons indicates that this approach can be widely applied across functionally defined systems...
- Novel markers for differentiation of lobular and ductal invasive breast carcinomas by laser microdissection and microarray analysisGulisa Turashvili
Laboratory of Molecular Pathology, Institute of Pathology, Palacky University, Olomouc, Czech Republic
BMC Cancer 7:55. 2007..The aim of our study was to identify gene expression profiles of IDC and ILC in relation to normal breast epithelial cells...
- Telomere maintenance in laser capture microdissection-purified Barrett's adenocarcinoma cells and effect of telomerase inhibition in vivoMasood A Shammas
Department of Surgery, Wayne State University and Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:4971-80. 2008..were to investigate telomere function in normal and Barrett's esophageal adenocarcinoma (BEAC) cells purified by laser capture microdissection and to evaluate the effect of telomerase inhibition in cancer cells in vitro and in vivo.
- Comprehensive network analysis of anther-expressed genes in rice by the combination of 33 laser microdissection and 143 spatiotemporal microarraysKoichiro Aya
Bioscience and Biotechnology Center, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e26162. 2011..network analysis by using combined 44 K agilent microarray datasets of rice, which consisted of 33 laser microdissection (LM)-microarray datasets of anthers, and 143 spatiotemporal transcriptome datasets deposited in RicexPro...
- BRAF mutation: a frequent event in benign, atypical, and malignant melanocytic lesions of the skinPablo Uribe
Department of Anatomic Pthology, Medical School, P Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Am J Dermatopathol 25:365-70. 2003..Our findings of a high frequency of BRAF mutations at codon 599 in benign melanocytic lesions of the skin indicate that this mutation is not sufficient by itself for malignant transformation...
- Efficacy of laser capture microdissection plus RT-PCR technique in analyzing gene expression levels in human gastric cancer and colon cancerHiroshi Makino
Department of Translational Oncology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
BMC Cancer 8:210. 2008..For more reliable predictability, their expressions in cancer cells and stromal cells in the cancerous tissue (cancerous stroma) have been separately investigated using laser capture microdissection.
- Identification of pyruvate kinase type M2 as potential oncoprotein in squamous cell carcinoma of tongue through microRNA profilingThian Sze Wong
Department of Surgery, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong SAR, China
Int J Cancer 123:251-7. 2008..Our results suggested that aberrant reduction of miR-133a and miR-133b was associated with the dysregulation of PKM2 in SCC of tongue...
- Laser capture microdissection and analysis of amplified antisense RNA from distinct cell populations of the young and aged rat brain: effect of traumatic brain injury on hippocampal gene expressionMegumi Shimamura
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77555 0830, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 122:47-61. 2004..Using laser capture microdissection (LCM), we obtained hippocampal neurons and glia from the neuropil adjacent to the pyramidal and granule cell ..
- Characterization of vascular protein expression patterns in cerebral ischemia/reperfusion using laser capture microdissection and ICAT-nanoLC-MS/MSArsalan S Haqqani
Institute for Biological Sciences, National Research Council of Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
FASEB J 19:1809-21. 2005..events that accompany these changes were investigated in brain microvessels extracted using laser-capture microdissection (LCM) from Sprague-Dawley rats subjected to a 20 min transient global cerebral ischemia followed by 1, 6, or ..
- Functional characterization of transcripts expressed in early-stage Meloidogyne javanica-induced giant cells isolated by laser microdissectionJohn Fosu-Nyarko
Plant Biotechnology Research Group, Western Australian State Agricultural Biotechnology Centre SABC, School of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology, Murdoch University, Perth, WA6150, Australia
Mol Plant Pathol 10:237-48. 2009..To study the cellular processes underlying the formation of giant cells, laser microdissection was used to isolate the contents of early-stage giant cells 4 and 7 days post-infection (dpi) from tomato, ..
- Laser microdissection and primary cell cultures improve pharmacogenetic analysis in pancreatic adenocarcinomaNiccola Funel
Department of Oncology, Transplants and Advanced Technologies in Medicine, Division of Surgical Pathology, Molecular and Ultrastructural Pathology, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Lab Invest 88:773-84. 2008..Availability of tumor tissue is critical for the accurate assessment of gene expression, and laser microdissection (LMD) and primary cell cultures may be useful tools to separate tumor cells from the stromal reaction...
- Whole genome amplification from microdissected chromosomesM Höckner
Division of Clinical Genetics, Department of Medical Genetics, Molecular and Clinical Pharmacology, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Cytogenet Genome Res 125:98-102. 2009....
- In vivo expression of RANKL in the rat dental follicle as determined by laser capture microdissectionShaomian Yao
Department of Comparative Biomedical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
Arch Oral Biol 49:451-6. 2004..Thus, to precisely determine if RANKL is expressed in the follicle in vivo, laser capture microdissection (LCM) was used to excise dental follicle tissue from frozen sections followed by RNA isolation and RT-PCR...
- Laser microdissection of narrow sheath mutant maize uncovers novel gene expression in the shoot apical meristemXiaolan Zhang
Plant Biology Department, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS Genet 3:e101. 2007..Here, we describe the use of laser microdissection microarray to perform transcriptional profiling of the maize shoot apical meristem (SAM), a ~100-microm ..
- Genomics of Antiviral Responses of Anopheles gambiae Against O'nyong-nyong VirusYoung S Hong; Fiscal Year: 2010..gambiae. This project will employ three major techniques, 1) laser capture microdissection (LCM) for RNA and protein extraction from virus-infected midgut epithelial cells, 2) 60- mer oligo-..
- EPIMORPHIN DELETION ALTERS STEM CELL NICHE MYOFIBROBLAST SECRETIONAnisa Shaker; Fiscal Year: 2012..including DDW, FASEB, and AAI, and instruction in bone marrow transfer, flow cytometry, and laser capture microdissection. I plan on completing Aim 1 studies and detailing my findings in a manuscript by the end of year 1;completing ..
- Mechanisms of Angiogenesis in Retinopathy of PrematurityMary Elizabeth Hartnett; Fiscal Year: 2009..for phosphorylated VEGFR1 and 2, apoptosis (TUNEL, cleaved caspase-3) of co-labeled cells; laser capture microdissection;real-time-PCR to quantitate and in situ hybridization to detect location of RNA of VEGF isoforms, VEGF ..
- Mechanisms of Angiogenesis of Retinopathy of PrematurityMARY ELIZABETH RUTH HARTNETT; Fiscal Year: 2013..for phosphorylated VEGFR1 and 2, apoptosis (TUNEL, cleaved caspase-3) of co-labeled cells;laser capture microdissection;real-time-PCR to quantitate and in situ hybridization to detect location of mRNA of VEGF isoforms, VEGF ..
- THE EFFECT OF DIOXINS ON GLUCOSE HOMEOSTASIS IN MURINE TESTESKENAN RIFAT OMURTAG; Fiscal Year: 2013..Moreover we have established a Laser Microdissection protocol for testis sections and have successful validate our techniques...
- Mechanism of CREB dysregulation in Alzheimer brainSubbiah Pugazhenthi; Fiscal Year: 2013..microglia and in a triple transgenic Alzheimer's mice using novel methodologies including laser capture microdissection, network motif-based analysis and design-based stereology with the following Specific Aims: Aim 1...
- Chronic Granulomatous Lung Inflammation Elicited by Carbon NanotubesMary Jane Thomassen; Fiscal Year: 2013..lavage (BAL) derived alveolar macrophages, BAL fluids, and in granulomatous foci isolated by laser-capture microdissection [LCM], from untreated wild-type and PPAR? null mice versus mice treated with a CCR5 blocker...
- Effect Ultraviolet Radiation on Latent M. tuberculosis Infection in Guinea PigsAmminikutty Jeevan; Fiscal Year: 2010..organs of infected guinea pigs and the cytokine and chemokine responses in lung granulomas by laser capture microdissection and real-time RT-PCR as well as whole spleen and lung digest cells following antigen stimulation by real time ..
- SFRP2 and NFAT are therapeutic targets in angiosarcomaNANCY K DEMORE; Fiscal Year: 2013..genomic profiling of breast tumor vascular cells compared to normal vessels obtained by laser capture microdissection, we identified secreted frizzled related protein 2 (SFRP2) as a gene with increased expression in tumor ..
- Modeling schizophrenia gamma deficits using cell-specific RNAi knockdown of GAD67RITCHIE EDWARD BROWN; Fiscal Year: 2012..chain reaction (PCR) performed on mRNA harvested from transfected PV-Pos neurons using laser capture microdissection (LCM);(ii) Immunohistochemical staining for GAD67 protein and luminance measures of staining intensity...
- ROLE OF OPIATES IN ALCOHOL-INDUCED NEUROTOXICITYDIPAK KUMAR SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will also employ state-of-the-art techniques like combined laser capture microdissection and quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction to determine changes in gene expression in beta-..
- REGULATION OF ATROPHY-INDUCED PROGENITOR CELLS IN THE GASTRIC CORPUSJason C Mills; Fiscal Year: 2013..isolate vehicle- and tamoxifen-treated CD44-expressing epithelial progenitor cells by FACS and laser-capture microdissection and then use RNA-Seq to generate gene expression profiles of the normal and atrophy-expanded progenitor cells ..
- FIBROBLAST DIFFERENTIATION DURING EYE DEVELOPMENTGary W Conrad; Fiscal Year: 2012..Laser Capture Microdissection, MALDI-TOF/TOF and other mass spectrometry techniques will be used for detailed analyses that can detect ..
- Mediators of Lithium Action in Olfactory EpitheliumEvaristus A Nwulia; Fiscal Year: 2013..this study, we propose use of olfactory epithelium (OE) via nasal biopsy, combined with novel laser-captured microdissection to elucidate molecular and cellular markers of prospectively-determined clinical response to lithium...
- Identification of stromal responses during castration-induced thymic regrowth.Howard T Petrie; Fiscal Year: 2013..The aims of this project are to use recently devised, robust physical methods (laser microdissection, microarray) and computational modeling to generate accurate global lists of thymic stromal genes in their ..
- DEVELOPMENT AND MAINTENANCE OF LENS TRANSPARENCYJOHN IRWIN CLARK; Fiscal Year: 2013..Mass spectrometry of samples obtained using laser capture microdissection (LCM) will be combined with immunocytochemistry, and light and electron microscopy to correlate protein ..
- Energy Restrction and Mammary CancerHenry J Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2013..addressed, epithelial cells will be excised from mammary gland and mammary carcinomas using laser capture microdissection. Methods will include transmission electron microscopy, RT-PCR, western blots, reverse phase protein arrays, ..
- A multi-faceted approach to epigenomic profiling in Alzheimer's disorderJonathan Mill; Fiscal Year: 2012..Furthermore, we will utilize laser capture microdissection of affected brain tissue to investigate whether observed epigenetic changes are a consequence of the ..
- Calcium wave propagation along microvascular endothelial tubesMATTHEW JOHN SOCHA; Fiscal Year: 2012..Intact microvascular endothelial tubes (diameter, 50-80 5m;length, 1-2 mm) are isolated using microdissection of FA followed by partial enzymatic digestion and gentle trituration...
- Role of Stasimon Dysfunction in Spinal Muscular AtrophyLivio Pellizzoni; Fiscal Year: 2013..Laser capture microdissection will be employed to isolate selected, disease-relevant neuronal types from control and SMA mice for RNA ..
- Placental Treg Activation and Pregnancy Outcome in the FIV-infected Cat ModelGREGORY TODD PHARR; Fiscal Year: 2010..Immunohistochemistry will be done to label Tregs for laser capture microdissection (LCM). LCM will be performed to microdissect Tregs, along with tissue from the proximate microenvironment...
- NEUROBIOLOGY OF VARICELLA ZOSTER VIRUSDonald Gilden; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specifically, we will isolate VZV-infected differentiated neuronal cells by optimized laser capture microdissection (LCM) and determine the purity of LCM-captured infected neurons by RT-PCR with neuron- and glial-specific ..
- Identification of Stromal Responses During Castration Mediated Thymic RegrowthANN VENABLES GRIFFITH; Fiscal Year: 2011..The aims of this project are to use recently devised, robust physical methods (laser microdissection, microarray) and computational modeling to create accurate global lists of thymic stromal genes in their ..
- Cell Models for Alzheimer's disease (AD): Lipids and Related Signaling PathwaysGrace Y Sun; Fiscal Year: 2012..and transgenic mice, prepare tissue sections, and perform immunohistochemical analyses, Laser Capture Microdissection, microarray screening of gene expression, and molecular biology assays...
- Gene regulation and virulence in TBWILLIAM RAMSES BISHAI; Fiscal Year: 2013..in vitro, in whole lung tissue using the mouse model in vivo, and at the granuloma level using laser-capture microdissection in specialized animal models including the rabbit which display caseation necrosis...
- Regulation of orofacial ectodermal polarity by the CLP protein, IRF6EMILY YIN CHU; Fiscal Year: 2013..be evaluated based on changes in ameloblast polarity, enamel formation, and gene expression (laser capture microdissection followed by microarray analysis)...
- INTERACTIONS BETWEEN INTERMEDIATE FILAMENTS AND NUCLEUSRobert D Goldman; Fiscal Year: 2013..complexes from cells;high resolution immunofluorescence and live cell microscopy;shRNA knockdown;laser microdissection;Mass Spectroscopy;and fluorescence correlation spectroscopy;we will investigate the molecular mechanisms ..
- Angiogenesis and Long-term Bone and Joint Allotransplant SurvivalAllen T Bishop; Fiscal Year: 2012..Laser capture microdissection will be used to study lineage of osteocytes specifically located in areas of newly formed bone, as measured ..
- HOST IMMUNITY TO EBV INFECTION IN VITRO AND IN VIVODavid A Thorley-Lawson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Ghana are elevated and determine if this is associated with deregulation of EBV persistence (flow cytometry, microdissection of whole GCs and single infected cells combined with RT- and DNA-PCR for the virus and its expressed genes)...
- Matrix and trophic coupling in the neurovascular unitEng H Lo; Fiscal Year: 2011..We will use a combination of in vivo 2-photon imaging, laser capture microdissection, and standard immunohistochemistry to see whether areas of disrupted neurovascular matrix and reduced ..
- AMINO-CARBONYL REACTIONS IN THE AGING HUMAN LENSVincent M Monnier; Fiscal Year: 2013..To achieve these goals we will use powerful techniques that combine laser capture microdissection, proteomics and dynamic light scattering (DLS).
- Attenuation of cardiac parasympathetic nerve acetylcholine release in obesity byWohaib Hasan; Fiscal Year: 2012..Laser capture microdissection of parasympathetic cardiac ganglion neurons followed by qRT-PCR will allow examination of cholinergic marker ..
- Leica LMD 7000 Laser Capture Microdissection MicroscopeSiegfried Janz; Fiscal Year: 2013..provided by applicant): This instrumentation grant proposal requests funds for a Leica LMD 7000 laser microdissection microscope/system, a critical tool for ongoing NIH-supported biomedical research projects at the University ..
- Implementation of phosphoprotein preservation technology for cancer biospecimensLANCE ALLEN LIOTTA; Fiscal Year: 2013..compartments from extracted paraffin sections using Reverse Phase Protein Microarray (RPMA) and Laser Capture Microdissection (LCM) technology...
- MOLECULAR STUDIES OF SANFILIPPO SYNDROME TYPE BELIZABETH NEUFELD; Fiscal Year: 2010..Using laser capture microdissection, we will obtain 500 -700 neurons from the medial entorhinal cortex of the mutant mice at 1, 3 and 6 months of ..
- Highly finished chromosome-based genome assembly for Anopheles gambiaeIgor V Sharakhov; Fiscal Year: 2012..The availability of equipment for automated in situ hybridization, next-generation sequencing, laser microdissection, and confocal microscopic analysis, as well as the expertise of the PI and Co-PI in cytogenetics and genomics,..
- Acquisition of laser capture microdissection microscopeMarc H Symons; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This proposal is a request for a Leica LMD7000 laser capture microdissection system...
- Chromatin remodeling mechanisms of gene transcription in memoryFarah D Lubin; Fiscal Year: 2013..by NMDA receptor activation during memory consolidation using pharmacological approaches and laser-capture microdissection technology. AIM 3...
- NORADRENERGIC SYSTEM IN DEPRESSIONGREGORY ALLEN ORDWAY; Fiscal Year: 2012..Laser capture microdissection and polymerase chain reaction methods will be employed to study LC neurons, astrocytes, and oligodendrocytes, ..
- The Role of the Nicotinic Cholinergic Pathway in Retinopathy of PrematurityJohn P Cooke; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will study EC from normal retinal vessels using laser capture microdissection and real time RT-PCR, in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry...
- Role of IbpA in maintaining viability of P. aeruginosa biofilm persister cellsMichael J Franklin; Fiscal Year: 2012..These stresses cause protein misfolding, inactivation, and aggregation. Using laser capture microdissection (LCM) and transcriptomics, we identified ibpA as the most abundant mRNA in the dormant cell fraction of P...
- Automated Macrodissection DeviceNils B Adey; Fiscal Year: 2012..of the FFPE tissue section using current dissection methods, including: Manual Macrodissection, Manual Microdissection, and Laser Capture Microdissection (LCM)...
- Integration of Immunochemical, Genomic & Transcriptomic Analyses of Human SkinFRANK LAMBERT contact RICE; Fiscal Year: 2010..analyses of biopsy structure and chemistry (particularly the innervation) with laser-capture microdissection assessments of the genomics and transcriptomics of intrinsic skin cellular components (e.g...
- Regulation of conducted hyperpolarization in microvascular endothelial cell tubesERIK JOSEF BEHRINGER; Fiscal Year: 2012..arteries in which individual ECs (length, ~35 5m;width, ~5 5m) remain highly coupled to each other following microdissection and enzymatic dissociation of SMCs...
- Spinocerebellar Ataxia Type 2 Gene and Gene ProductStefan M Pulst; Fiscal Year: 2013..and the ability to identify changes in less abundantly PC-expressed genes we have established laser-capture microdissection (LCM) of cerebellar regions...
- Immune Regulation of Neuronal Injury and RepairKATHRYN JANE JONES; Fiscal Year: 2013..IL-10 knockout mice, along with adoptive transfer experiments with WT, ID and SOD1 mice, and laser capture microdissection will be used...
- Instrument for Single Molecule Sequencing of Alzheimer's-Relevant Genomic OxidatiDavid E Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2012..area of hippocampus from well characterized AD patients and age-matched control patients by laser captured microdissection and extract DNA from these neurons and provide the DNA to RMD Inc...
- Microbiome in COPDRubin M Tuder; Fiscal Year: 2013..tissue, in patients with COPD, smokers with minimal or mild disease, and in normal lungs using laser capture microdissection. Specific Aim 3 will address whether Novosphingobium infection of alveolar epithelial cells can lead to ..
- DNA-Methylation Profiling from Fixed Melanocytic TissuesNANCY E contact THOMAS; Fiscal Year: 2010..and these results will establish the proportion tumor below which selective procurement using laser capture microdissection will be done prospectively...
- Corticotropin-Releasing Factor Action on GI FunctionYVETTE FRANCE TACHE; Fiscal Year: 2012..Role and brain sites of action will be assessed pharmacologically and using laser capture microdissection combined with quantitative PCR to reveal stress-related alterations in gene expression pattern of Ucn 2, CRF1,..
- Mitochondrial dynamics in human pulmonary hypertension: a new therapeutic targetWILLARD WILLIAM SHARP; Fiscal Year: 2013..while histologic compartmentalization of mitochondrial abnormalities in the lung is assessed by laser capture microdissection. The value of mitofusin-2 and DRP-1 in the blood as potential biomarkers of PAH is assessed...
- MOUSE MODEL OF LYME BORRELIOSISSTEPHEN WILLIAM BARTHOLD; Fiscal Year: 2012..Antibody-mediated disease remission will be examined, using laser capture microdissection, quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction for spirochetal DNA and RNA, and immunohistochemistry...
- Molecular mechanisms of Bile Duct Proliferation in Mice with Glycosylation DefectMATTHEW JOSEPH RYAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..State-of-the-art laser capture microdissection will be employed to isolate RNA specifically from portal tracts...
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF TOOTH ERUPTIONShaomian Yao; Fiscal Year: 2012..removal of the basal one-half of the DF prevents tooth eruption and alveolar bone formation, laser capture microdissection coupled with real-time RT-PCR studies will determine which of these osteo-inductive genes are expressed more ..
- Tanycytes and Nonthyroidal IllnessRONALD MICHAEL LECHAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..centers in the arcuate nucleus, we propose to identify tanycytes-specific genes using laser capture microdissection and microarray analysis and develop transgenic mice that express Cre recombinase specifically in tanycytes...
- Effects of developmental stage and of KLF2 on mouse erythroid genetic profilesJoyce A Lloyd; Fiscal Year: 2011..novel protocol has been developed to isolate stage-specific mouse primary erythroid cells using laser capture microdissection (LCM), followed by microarray expression assays...
- Mechanisms of ATF3-induced mammary tumorigenesisMichael C MacLeod; Fiscal Year: 2011..Laser capture microdissection of frozen sections will be used to isolate the lesions for RNA preparation...
- Mechanisms of Central Synaptic Dysfunction in SMAGEORGE ZACHARIAS MENTIS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Laser capture microdissection will also be employed to isolate selected, disease-relevant neuronal types from control and SMA mice for RNA ..
- Brain Mechanisms Mediating Genetic Risk For Anxiety and DepressionNed H Kalin; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will combine functionally- guided laser capture microdissection (LCM) of Ce, aHip, and OFC neurons with both RNA sequencing (RNAseq) and behavioral/neuroimaging techniques (..
- Expression of Heparan Sulfate 6-O-Endosulfatases in Idiopathic Pulmonary FibrosisXinping Yue; Fiscal Year: 2010..Sulf2 expressing cells as well as cells from fibroblastic foci and type II hyperplasia using laser-capture microdissection and Glyco-gene chip array...
- Smad4 promotes intestinal homeostasis through suppression of Wnt signalingTanner J Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Aim 2, Smad4 knockout mice, Wnt reporter mice, laser capture microdissection and intestinal epithelial cells in culture will be used to determine activation of Wnt signaling upon Smad4 ..
- Control of Eye Melanoma MetastsisHans E Grossniklaus; Fiscal Year: 2010..PEDF in melanoma cell lines, determining VEGF and PEDF mRNA levels in the micrometastases with laser capture microdissection, testing for VEGF/PEDF in co-cultures of melanoma/hepatocytes, and correlating hepatic micrometastases with ..
- Program Project,Restoration of Endocrine Pancreas Funct*JOEL HABENER; Fiscal Year: 2004..means to prepare gene expression profiling probes from minuscule amounts of tissue obtained by laser capture microdissection; (4) the discovery by Dr...
- Prediction of Lupus Outcome by Gene Expression PatternsRobert Winchester; Fiscal Year: 2006..gene expression profiles by microarray analysis in glomeruli isolated from frozen biopsy sections by laser microdissection t6 characterize the molecular pathologic mechanisms leading to lupus nephritis...
- Scimagix Web-Based Scientific Image Management SystemDouglas Hanson; Fiscal Year: 2005..Forsyth include, but are not limited to, EM and TEM, confocal laser scanning microscopy (CLSM), laser capture microdissection microscopy, atomic force microscopy, microradiography, digital still and video imaging through light ..
- Tracking Cancer Stem Cell EvolutionJohn Welsh; Fiscal Year: 2009..This will be done by using extensive microdissection and measurement of loss of heterozygosity (LOH) in widely sampled regions of the tumor...
- CELLULAR REGULATION OF KIDNEY EPITHELIAL CELL POLARITYDennis Brown; Fiscal Year: 2006..mice that express EGFP or Beta-galactosidase in PC or IC, and new technology including laser capture microdissection and mass spectrometry to dissect epithehal remodeling (in PC and IC) and V-ATPase trafficking (in IC) at ..
- Comprehensive aneuploidy diagnosis in single cellsNury Steuerwald; Fiscal Year: 2005..specifically the analysis of tumor cells harvested from the blood stream, body cavity, or by laser capture microdissection; 3) preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) and in vitro fertilization (IVF), the area addressed in detail in ..
- Molecular profiles of colorectal adenomas by array CGHGalen Hostetter; Fiscal Year: 2009..As an academic pathologist, I have expertise in tissue based assays and tissue microdissection, but am seeking training in high throughput molecular diagnostic techniques (e.g...
- REGULATION OF GENE EXPRESSION IN THE SMALL INTESTINEJeffrey Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2005..The investigator has already used high density oligonucleotide-based microarrays, laser capture microdissection (LCM) and real-time quantitative RT-PCR to show that 10 days after colonization, B...
- Mechanisms of Motor Neuron DeathLee Martin; Fiscal Year: 2006..of selected cell death molecules in MN from humans with ALS and transgenic ALS mice using laser capture microdissection and proteomic analyses with ProteinChip arrays...