Genomes and Genes
Summary: The separation and isolation of tissues for surgical purposes, or for the analysis or study of their structures.
Publications431 found, 100 shown here
- Fiber dissection technique: lateral aspect of the brainU Ture
Department of Neurosurgery, Marmara University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Neurosurgery 47:417-26; discussion 426-7. 2000The fiber dissection technique involves peeling away the white matter tracts of the brain to display its three-dimensional anatomic organization. Early anatomists demonstrated many tracts and fasciculi of the brain using this technique...
- Therapeutic outcomes in 1000 cases of endoscopic submucosal dissection for early gastric neoplasms: Korean ESD Study Group multicenter studyIi Kwun Chung
Department of Internal Medicine, Soonchunhyang University, Cheonan, Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 69:1228-35. 2009The technique of endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) was introduced to be able to obtain en bloc specimens of large early GI neoplasms...
- Optical dissection of odor information processing in vivo using GCaMPs expressed in specified cell types of the olfactory bulbMatt Wachowiak
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
J Neurosci 33:5285-300. 2013..These results suggest multiple circuit elements with distinct roles in transforming odor representations in the OB and provide a framework for further study of early olfactory processing using optical and genetic tools...
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection for early gastric cancer: a large-scale feasibility studyH Isomoto
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8501, Japan
Gut 58:331-6. 2009Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) has the advantage over conventional endoscopic mucosa resection, permitting removal of early gastric cancer (EGC) en bloc, but long-term clinical outcomes remain unknown...
- Second-look endoscopy is not associated with better clinical outcomes after gastric endoscopic submucosal dissection: a prospective, randomized, clinical trial analyzed on an as-treated basisHo Yoel Ryu
Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University Wonju College of Medicine, Wonju, Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 78:285-94. 2013The efficacy of routine second-look endoscopy (SLE) to detect or prevent bleeding after gastric endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) has not yet been validated.
- The feasibility of endoscopic submucosal dissection for rectal carcinoid tumors: comparison with endoscopic mucosal resectionD S Lee
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, Daegu, Korea
Endoscopy 42:647-51. 2010..This study aimed to compare the safety and efficacy of endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) with endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR) for rectal carcinoid tumors.
- A second-look endoscopy after endoscopic submucosal dissection for gastric epithelial neoplasm may be unnecessary: a retrospective analysis of postendoscopic submucosal dissection bleedingOsamu Goto
Department of Gastroenterology, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 71:241-8. 2010Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) is one of the curative endoluminal surgical procedures for gastric epithelial neoplasms. There has been little research on bleeding after gastric ESD.
- Student responses to the gross anatomy laboratory in a medical curriculumC E Dinsmore
Department of Anatomy, Rush Medical College, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Clin Anat 14:231-6. 2001Working with cadavers, whether through active dissection or by examination of prosected specimens, constitutes a potential stressor in medical education although there is no consensus on its effect...
- Routine coagulation of visible vessels may prevent delayed bleeding after endoscopic submucosal dissection--an analysis of risk factorsK Takizawa
Endoscopy Division, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Endoscopy 40:179-83. 2008Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) has been reported to be associated with a higher complication rate than standard endoscopic mucosal resection...
- Anatomic dissection of the inferior fronto-occipital fasciculus revisited in the lights of brain stimulation dataJuan Martino
Department of Neurosurgery, Hospital Universitario Marques de Valdecilla, Santander, Cantabria, Spain
Cortex 46:691-9. 2010..the lights of these new functional data, we dissected 14 post-mortem human hemispheres using the Klingler fiber dissection technique, to study the IFOF fibers and to identify their actual cortical terminations in the parietal, ..
- Efficacy of propofol sedation for endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD): assessment with prospective data collectionTaku Yamagata
Department of Gastroenterology, Sendai City Medical Center, Japan
Intern Med 50:1455-60. 2011..of the digestive tract are expanding with the emergence and technical development of endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD)...
- A multicenter survey of the management after gastric endoscopic submucosal dissection related to postoperative bleedingOsamu Goto
Department of Gastroenterology, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 57:435-9. 2012Bleeding is a major complication after gastric endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD). An evidence-based strategy for postoperative care related to delayed bleeding is required...
- Risk factors for bleeding after endoscopic submucosal dissection of gastric epithelial neoplasmMakoto Higashiyama
Department of Medicine and Molecular Science, Division of Frontier Medical Science, Programs for Biomedical Research, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Dig Endosc 23:290-5. 2011Although endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) is standard therapy in Japan for gastric epithelial neoplasm, the complication rate is unsatisfactory, with postoperative bleeding as the major complication...
- Risk factors and prognosis of pulmonary complications after endoscopic submucosal dissection for gastric neoplasiaChan Hyuk Park
Institute of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 50 Yonseiro, Seodaemun gu, Seoul, 120 752, Republic of Korea
Dig Dis Sci 58:540-6. 2013Hospital-acquired pneumonia after an endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) can prolong the patient's stay in the hospital, leading to greater healthcare costs...
- Efficacy and safety of over-the-scope clip: including complications after endoscopic submucosal dissectionNoriko Nishiyama
Department of Gastroenterology and Neurology, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa University, Kagawa 761 0796, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 19:2752-60. 2013To retrospectively review the results of over-the-scope clip (OTSC) use in our hospital and to examine the feasibility of using the OTSC to treat perforations after endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD).
- Colorectal endoscopic submucosal dissection: present status and future perspective, including its differentiation from endoscopic mucosal resectionShinji Tanaka
Department of Endoscopy, Hiroshima University Hospital, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
J Gastroenterol 43:641-51. 2008Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) allows en bloc resection of a lesion, irrespective of the size of the lesion...
- Technical feasibility of endoscopic submucosal dissection for early gastric cancer in patients taking anti-coagulants or anti-platelet agentsS Ono
Department of Gastroenterology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1, Hongo, Bunkyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Dig Liver Dis 41:725-8. 2009Endoscopic submucosal dissection is a novel technique that is expected to be a curative treatment for early gastric cancers...
- Clinical outcome of endoscopic submucosal dissection versus endoscopic mucosal resection of large colorectal tumors as determined by curative resectionYutaka Saito
Endoscopy Division, National Cancer Center Hospital, Chuo Ku, Tokyo, Japan
Surg Endosc 24:343-52. 2010Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) has recently been applied to the treatment of superficial colorectal cancer...
- Outcome of endoscopic submucosal dissection for colorectal tumors accompanied by fibrosisAki Matsumoto
Department of Medicine and Molecular Science, Graduate School of Biomedical Science, Hiroshima University, Minami Ku, Hiroshima, Japan
Scand J Gastroenterol 45:1329-37. 2010Colorectal endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) is a difficult procedure. We aimed to retrospectively assess the relationship between the outcome of ESD for colorectal tumors and the degree of fibrosis.
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection is an effective and safe therapy for early gastric neoplasms: a multicenter feasible studyTakafumi Sugimoto
Department of Gastroenterology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Clin Gastroenterol 46:124-9. 2012The technique of endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) was introduced to obtain en bloc specimens of large early gastrointestinal neoplasms...
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection for treatment of gastric subepithelial tumors (with video)Andrzej Białek
Gastroenterology Department, Pomeranian Medical University, Szczecin, Poland
Gastrointest Endosc 75:276-86. 2012Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) is a well-accepted method for removing superficial mucosal tumors; however, there is limited data on the use of this method for removing subepithelial tumors.
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection in large sessile lesions of the rectosigmoid: learning curve in a European centerA Probst
Department of Gastroenterology, Klinikum Augsburg, Stenglinstrasse 2, Augsburg, Germany
Endoscopy 44:660-7. 2012Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) in the colorectum is not currently a standard procedure. Few data are available from the Western world...
- Current status of colorectal endoscopic submucosal dissection in Japan and other Asian countries: progressing towards technical standardizationYutaka Saito
National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Dig Endosc 24:67-72. 2012..of this questionnaire survey study was to determine the current status of colorectal endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) in specialized Japanese referral centers before and after introduction of a government-approved advanced ..
- Prevention of esophageal stricture after endoscopic submucosal dissection using tissue-engineered cell sheetsTakeshi Ohki
Department of Surgery, Institute of Gastroenterology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Gastroenterology 143:582-8.e1-2. 2012The use of esophageal endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) to remove superficial esophageal neoplasms is gradually becoming more common in Japan...
- Teaching anatomy without cadaversJohn C McLachlan
Peninsula Medical School, University of Plymouth, C306 Portland Square, Drake Circus, Plymouth PL4 8AA, UK
Med Educ 38:418-24. 2004..Anatomy learning is generally seen as essential to medicine, and exposure to cadavers is generally seen as essential to anatomy learning around the world. Few voices dissenting from these propositions can be identified...
- Xenomonitoring of Wuchereria bancrofti and Dirofilaria immitis infections in mosquitoes from American Samoa: trapping considerations and a comparison of polymerase chain reaction assays with dissectionEric W Chambers
Atlanta Research and Education Foundation, Decatur, Georgia, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 80:774-81. 2009..Hemalum staining and dissection and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) were compared to determine the filarial infection status of Aedes (Stegomyia)..
- Meta-analysis of endoscopic submucosal dissection versus endoscopic mucosal resection for tumors of the gastrointestinal tractY Cao
Department of Colorectal and Anal Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital, Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, Guangxi, People s Republic of China
Endoscopy 41:751-7. 2009Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) has been developed to overcome the limitations of endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR). We aimed to compare the outcomes of these two methods.
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection training with pig models in a Western countryAdolfo Parra-Blanco
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital of the Canary Islands, Ofra s n, La Laguna, 38320 Tenerife, Spain
World J Gastroenterol 16:2895-900. 2010To test a strategy for endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) training in animal models designed to overcome the initial learning curve.
- Risk factors for bleeding after endoscopic submucosal dissection for gastric lesionsYosuke Tsuji
Department of Gastroenterology, Kanto Medical Center, NTT EC, 5 9 22 Higashi Gotanda, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 141 8625, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 16:2913-7. 2010To assess risk factors for bleeding after gastric endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) and to develop preventive measures.
- Retrospective study of technical aspects and complications of endoscopic submucosal dissection for laterally spreading tumors of the colorectumT Toyonaga
Department of Endoscopy, Kobe University Hospital, Kobe, Japan
Endoscopy 42:714-22. 2010..spreading tumors - non granular type (LST-NG) are more often considered candidates for endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) than laterally spreading tumors - granular type (LST-G), because of their higher potential for submucosal ..
- Factors predictive of perforation during endoscopic submucosal dissection for the treatment of colorectal tumorsE S Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Keimyung University School of Medicine, Daegu, South Korea
Endoscopy 43:573-8. 2011Although perforation of the colon is known as one of the main complications of endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) for colorectal tumor management, factors predictive of perforation have not been fully evaluated...
- Ex vivo pig training model for esophageal endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) for endoscopists with experience in gastric ESDShinwa Tanaka
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe University, 7 5 1 Chu o ku, Kusunoki cho, Kobe, Hyogo 650 0017, Japan
Surg Endosc 26:1579-86. 2012Esophageal endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) has developed in recent years because of its high rate of en bloc resection...
- Submucosal tumors of the esophagogastric junction originating from the muscularis propria layer: a large study of endoscopic submucosal dissection (with video)Quan lin Li
Endoscopy Center and Endoscopy Research Institute, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Gastrointest Endosc 75:1153-8. 2012..Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) has been used successfully for the removal of esophageal or gastric SMTs; however, the EGJ has been ..
- Current status and future perspectives of endoscopic submucosal dissection for colorectal tumorsShinji Tanaka
Department of Endoscopy Gastroenterology, Hiroshima University Hospital, Hiroshima, Japan
Dig Endosc 24:73-9. 2012Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) allows for en bloc tumor resection irrespective of the size of the lesion...
- MR imaging of the temporal stem: anatomic dissection tractography of the uncinate fasciculus, inferior occipitofrontal fasciculus, and Meyer's loop of the optic radiationE Leon Kier
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8042, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 25:677-91. 2004..The purpose of this investigation was to study these structures in the anterior temporal lobe and the external and extreme capsules and to correlate the dissected anatomy with the cross-sectional MR anatomy...
- Ultrasound-guided blocks of the ilioinguinal and iliohypogastric nerve: accuracy of a selective new technique confirmed by anatomical dissectionU Eichenberger
Department of Anaesthesia and General Intensive Care B, Medical University of Vienna, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Br J Anaesth 97:238-43. 2006..This study describes a new ultrasound-guided approach to these nerves and determines its accuracy using anatomical dissection control.
- Risk factors for delayed bleeding after endoscopic submucosal dissection for gastric neoplasmKazuhisa Okada
Division of Endoscopy, Cancer Institute Hospital, 3 8 31 Ariake, Koto ku, Tokyo, 135 8550, Japan
Surg Endosc 25:98-107. 2011Delayed bleeding is one of the major complications of endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD)...
- Outcomes of endoscopic submucosal dissection for colorectal epithelial neoplasms in 200 consecutive casesMitsuhiro Fujishiro
Department of Gastroenterology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 5:678-83; quiz 645. 2007The clinical outcomes for endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD), a novel endoluminal surgery for gastrointestinal neoplasm in the colorectum, are reported.
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection for colorectal neoplasia: possibility of standardizationShinji Tanaka
Department of Endoscopy, Hiroshima University Hospital, Hiroshima, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 66:100-7. 2007Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) has been positively applied to and gradually standardized for early stomach cancer, particularly in Japan...
- Predictors of immediate bleeding during endoscopic submucosal dissection in gastric lesionsSeong Woo Jeon
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kyungpook National University Hospital, 50 Samduk 2 Ga, Chung gu, Daegu, 700 721, South Korea
Surg Endosc 23:1974-9. 2009..resection for a gastric neoplasm, little is known about the predictors of complications of endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD)...
- Indications for the use of endoscopic mucosal resection for early gastric cancer in Japan: a comparative study with endoscopic submucosal dissectionS Nakamoto
Department of Medicine and Clinical Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba 2608670, Japan
Endoscopy 41:746-50. 2009Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) has been reported to produce excellent treatment results for early gastric cancer...
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection for treatment of rectal carcinoid tumorsHye Won Park
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 72:143-9. 2010..Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD), a new method for large colorectal neoplasm resection, may overcome this problem.
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection allows curative resection of locally recurrent early gastric cancer after prior endoscopic mucosal resectionChizu Yokoi
Department of Endoscopy, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 64:212-8. 2006..EMR) to cure locally recurrent early gastric cancer (EGC) is difficult to perform because the initial EMR causes submucosal fibrosis; however, ESD allows submucosal dissection through the fibrosis and provides an en bloc specimen.
- Quidne mortui vivos docent? The evolving purpose of human dissection in medical educationG S Dyer
Department of Social Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Acad Med 75:969-79. 2000The dissection experience has evolved over the past 500 years, following broader cutural trends in science and medicine. Through this time each period has recruited human gross anatomic dissection for characteristic purposes...
- Characterisation of guinea pig precision-cut lung slices: comparison with human tissuesA R Ressmeyer
Research Center Borstel, Borstel, Germany
Eur Respir J 28:603-11. 2006..6 nM (airway). When compared with previous findings in rat and mouse, these data show that guinea pig lungs are a more appropriate model for human airway pharmacology than lungs from rats or mice...
- Deep lamellar keratoplasty by intracorneal dissection: a prospective clinical and confocal microscopic studyGiorgio Marchini
Eye Clinic, Department of Neurological and Visual Sciences, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Ophthalmology 113:1289-300. 2006..To evaluate the clinical findings, visual outcomes, and confocal microscopic corneal features of a surgical technique for manual deep lamellar keratoplasty (DLKP) with intentional sparing of the most posterior stroma...
- Long-term outcomes of endoscopic submucosal dissection for superficial esophageal squamous cell neoplasmsSatoshi Ono
Department of Gastroenterology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 70:860-6. 2009The long-term outcomes of endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) for superficial esophageal squamous cell neoplasms (ESCNs) have not been evaluated to date.
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) for colorectal tumorsYutaka Saito
National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Dig Endosc 21:S7-12. 2009Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) is accepted as a minimally invasive treatment for early gastric cancer, however, it is not widely used in the colorectum because of its technical difficulty.
- Management of spontaneous coronary artery dissection in the primary percutaneous coronary intervention eraDavid Adlam
Oxford Heart Centre, John Radcliffe Hospital, OX3 9DU, Oxford, United Kingdom
J Invasive Cardiol 22:549-53. 2010Spontaneous coronary artery dissection (SCAD) is a rare cause of acute coronary syndromes...
- A feasibility study on the expanded indication for endoscopic submucosal dissection of early gastric cancerHyuk Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Gastroenterology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Surg Endosc 25:1985-93. 2011Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) is the standard treatment for selected cases of early gastric cancer (EGC). Evolution of ESD techniques and accessories has expanded treatment indications...
- Management of esophageal stricture after complete circular endoscopic submucosal dissection for superficial esophageal squamous cell carcinomaHajime Isomoto
Department of Endoscopy, Nagasaki University Hospital, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8102, Japan
BMC Gastroenterol 11:46. 2011Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) permits removal of esophageal epithelial neoplasms en bloc, but is associated with esophageal stenosis, particularly when ESD involves the entire circumference of the esophageal lumen...
- Frontal terminations for the inferior fronto-occipital fascicle: anatomical dissection, DTI study and functional considerations on a multi-component bundleSilvio Sarubbo
Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Neurosciences and Rehabilitation, S Anna University Hospital, 203 C so della Giovecca, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Brain Struct Funct 218:21-37. 2013..Ten hemispheres (5 left, 5 right) were dissected with Klingler's technique. In addition to the IFOF dissection, we performed a 4-T diffusion tensor imaging study on a single healthy subject. We identified two layers of IFOF...
- Propofol sedation with bispectral index monitoring is useful for endoscopic submucosal dissection: a randomized prospective phase II clinical trialT Sasaki
Department of Gastroenterology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Kanagawa, Japan
Endoscopy 44:584-9. 2012Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) has become a standard treatment. However, the treatment time tends to be relatively long and insufflation and manipulation of the endoscope can increase pain and discomfort...
- Extra-capsular dissection in benign parotid tumorsLuigi Barzan
Otolaryngology, Azienda Ospedaliera S Maria degli Angeli, Pordenone, Italy
Oral Oncol 48:977-9. 2012..tumors is still lacking of general consensus: this retrospective study, from 1964 to 2004 with a minimum follow-up of 7 years, is carried out with the aim to evaluate the results of parotidectomy and extracapsular dissection (ECD).
- Risk factors for delayed bleeding from endoscopic submucosal dissection of gastric neoplasmsMunetaka Nakamura
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Yamaguchi University Graduate School of Medicine, Ube, Yamaguchi, Japan
Scand J Gastroenterol 47:1108-14. 2012Delayed bleeding is a major complication of endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) of gastric neoplasms. We aimed to clarify risk factors for delayed bleeding from ESD.
- Comparison of endoscopic resection therapies for rectal carcinoid tumor: endoscopic submucosal dissection versus endoscopic mucosal resection using band ligationCheol W Choi
Department of Internal Medicine, Pusan National University School of Medicine and Research Institute for Convergence of Biomedical Science and Technology, Pusan National University Yangsan Hospital, Yangsan, Korea
J Clin Gastroenterol 47:432-6. 2013..Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) may cause more severe complications, longer operation time, and higher cost than EMR.
- Sedation methods can determine performance of endoscopic submucosal dissection in patients with gastric neoplasiaChan Hyuk Park
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei Institute of Gastroenterology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 250 Seongsanno, Seodaemun gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Surg Endosc 27:2760-7. 2013Although proper sedation is mandatory for endoscopic procedures such as endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD), there is no research investigating the effects of sedation on ESD performance and complications...
- Recommended sedation and intraprocedural monitoring for gastric endoscopic submucosal dissectionTohru Sasaki
Department of Gastroenterology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Japan
Dig Endosc 25:79-85. 2013Endoscopic submucosal dissection is associated with a longer treatment time and a higher risk of patient discomfort than conventional procedures. Adequate, safe sedation is therefore essential...
- The postoperative bleeding rate and its risk factors in patients on antithrombotic therapy who undergo gastric endoscopic submucosal dissectionToshihisa Takeuchi
2nd Department of Internal Medicine, Osaka Medical College, 2 7 Daigaku machi, Takatsuki 569 8686, Osaka, Japan
BMC Gastroenterol 13:136. 2013..the risk of postoperative hemorrhage in patients on antithrombotic therapy who undergo endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD)...
- The potential for non-invasive study of mummies: validation of the use of computerized tomography by post factum dissection and histological examination of a 17th century female Korean mummyDo Seon Lim
Department of Dental Hygiene, College of Health Science, Eulji University, Sungnam, Korea
J Anat 213:482-95. 2008..of some descendants with regard to invasive examinations of age-old human remains make permission for dissection of Korean mummies of the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910) difficult to obtain...
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection is superior to conventional endoscopic resection as a curative treatment for early squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus (with video)Hiroaki Takahashi
Department of Gastroenterology, Keiyukai Sapporo Hospital, Sapporo, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 72:255-64, 264.e1-2. 2010Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) was originally developed in Japan for en bloc resection of gastric neoplasms.
- Effect of head position and surgical dissection on sinus irrigant penetration in cadaversDeepti Singhal
Department of Surgery Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, South Australia
Laryngoscope 120:2528-31. 2010..Effective treatment for recalcitrant rhinosinusitis requires unobstructed surgical marsupialization of sinus cavities and use of delivery systems that will topically penetrate the sinuses...
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection as a treatment for gastric noninvasive neoplasia: a multicenter study by Osaka University ESD Study GroupMotohiko Kato
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Clinical Research Building K1, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Gastroenterol 46:325-31. 2011Treatment with endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) for gastric noninvasive neoplasia (NIN) diagnosed by endoscopic forceps biopsy specimen, whether as a follow-up or "total incisional biopsy", is controversial...
- Colorectal endoscopic submucosal dissection for elderly patients at least 80 years of ageToshio Uraoka
Department of Endoscopy, Okayama University Hospital, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Kita ku, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Surg Endosc 25:3000-7. 2011Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) has been used recently for successful en bloc resection of even large lesions, although no consensus appears in medical literature concerning its application to elderly patients...
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection in a European setting. A multi-institutional report of a technique in developmentS Farhat
Hopital Cochin, Paris
Endoscopy 43:664-70. 2011Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) is a technique for "en bloc" resection of superficial tumors of the gastrointestinal tract. In France, experience with this technique is still limited...
- Current opinions for endoscopic submucosal dissection for colorectal tumors from our experiences: indications, technical aspects and complicationsKinichi Hotta
Division of Endoscopy and Gastrointestinal Oncology, Shizuoka, Japan
Dig Endosc 24:110-6. 2012Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) was first applied in the resection of large colorectal tumors 10 years ago...
- Warning for unprincipled colorectal endoscopic submucosal dissection: accurate diagnosis and reasonable treatment strategyShinji Tanaka
Department of Endoscopy, Hiroshima University Hospital, Hiroshima, Japan
Dig Endosc 25:107-16. 2013..In contrast, endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) is indicated for lesions requiring endoscopic en bloc excision, as it is difficult to use the snare ..
- Can endoscopic submucosal dissection technique be an alternative treatment option for a difficult giant (≥ 30 mm) pedunculated colorectal polyp?Yong Sung Choi
Department of Gastroenterology, Daehang Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Dis Colon Rectum 56:660-6. 2013..Snare polypectomy of a giant pedunculated colorectal polyp is sometimes technically demanding, and, therefore, piecemeal resection is inevitable, despite the relative risk of invasive cancer and postpolypectomy bleeding...
- The role of three-dimensional information in health care and medical education: the implications for anatomy and dissectionS C Marks
Department of Cell Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester 01655, USA
Clin Anat 13:448-52. 2000..health care, anatomical societies need to provide answers to the following questions: Do the opportunities of dissection (visual, tactile, time, discovery, group process, mentoring) contribute to short- and long-term learning of 3-D ..
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection for early gastric cancerHiroyuki Ono
Endoscopy and GI Oncology Division, Shizuoka Cancer Center Hospital, Shizuoka, Japan
Chin J Dig Dis 6:119-21. 2005..This knife can cut submucosa safely and remove a lesion completely. We named this method endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD). Using this procedure, 96% of the tumors (471/488) were completely resected in one piece...
- Comparison of the femtosecond laser (IntraLase) versus manual microkeratome (Moria ALTK) in dissection of the donor in endothelial keratoplasty: initial study in eye bank eyesYian Jin Jones
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA, USA
Cornea 27:88-93. 2008..To determine the safety and efficacy of a femtosecond laser (IntraLase) and manual microkeratome (Moria ALTK) in creating precut endothelial keratoplasty donor tissue...
- Efficacy and safety of endoscopic submucosal dissection for gastric cancer in patients with liver cirrhosisK Ogura
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Tokyo Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Endoscopy 40:443-5. 2008Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) has become a widely accepted method for treating gastrointestinal cancer. The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of ESD for gastric cancer in patients with liver cirrhosis...
- Endoscopic Doppler US for the prevention of ulcer bleeding after endoscopic submucosal dissection for early gastric cancer: a preliminary study (with video)Noriya Uedo
Department of Gastrointestinal Oncology, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Osaka, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 72:444-8. 2010After endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) for early gastric cancer (EGC), delayed bleeding occurs in 1.7% to 38% of cases...
- Clinical risk factors for perforation during endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) for large-sized, nonpedunculated colorectal tumorsEun Jung Lee
Department of Surgery, Daehang Hospital, Bangbae 3dong Seocho gu, Seoul 137 820, Korea
Surg Endosc 26:1587-94. 2012The possible risk of colonic perforation during endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) for colorectal tumors is a barrier to wide application...
- Efficacy of novel SB knife Jr examined in a multicenter study on colorectal endoscopic submucosal dissectionKiyoaki Homma
Department of Therapeutic Endoscopy, Nihonkai General Hospital, Yamagata, Japan
Dig Endosc 24:117-20. 2012Secure manipulation of forceps in endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) for colorectal tumors is sometimes hindered by the characteristics of that organ...
- Posterior cruciate ligament architecture: evaluation under microsurgical dissectionC A Makris
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Ioannina Medical School, Ioannina, Greece
Arthroscopy 16:627-32. 2000..PCL) and to measure the main dimensions and the femoral and tibial attachment site distances of the ligament after microsurgical dissection. We hypothesized that PCL anatomy is more complex than the 2 traditionally characterized bands.
- Variations of the arterial pattern in the upper limb revisited: a morphological and statistical study, with a review of the literatureM Rodriguez-Niedenführ
Unit of Anatomy and Embryology, School of Medicine, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain
J Anat 199:547-66. 2001..The variable terminology previously used was unified into a homogenous and complete classification, with 12 categories covering all the previously reported variant patterns of the arm and forearm...
- Spontaneous coronary artery dissection: the clinical spectrumRajiv Dhawan
Department of Cardiology, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA, USA
Angiology 53:89-93. 2002Spontaneous coronary artery dissection is a rare but increasingly reported cause of myocardial ischemia and sudden death. It is more commonly seen in younger age groups and has a predilection for postpartum women...
- A new technique for gastric endoscopic submucosal dissection: peroral traction-assisted endoscopic submucosal dissectionWon Joong Jeon
Department of Internal Medicine, Chungbuk National University, College of Medicine and Medical Research Institute, Hungdukgu, Cheongju, Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 69:29-33. 2009Compared with conventional EMR, endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) has a higher en bloc resection rate and complete resection rate, regardless of tumor size, in treating gastric neoplasms...
- Submucosal tunneling using endoscopic submucosal dissection for peritoneal access and closure in natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery: a porcine survival studyF Yoshizumi
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Oita University Faculty of Medicine, Yufu, Oita, Japan
Endoscopy 41:707-11. 2009..We aimed to clarify the feasibility of a submucosal tunnel technique using endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) for transgastric peritoneal access and subsequent closure for NOTES.
- Risk factors for immediate and delayed bleeding associated with endoscopic submucosal dissection of gastric neoplastic lesionsJin Seok Jang
Department of Internal Medicine, Dong A Medical Center, University College of Medicine, Busan, Korea
Scand J Gastroenterol 44:1370-6. 2009OBJECTIVE. Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) of gastric neoplasia has been reported to have a higher bleeding rate than conventional endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR)...
- Does intrafascial dissection during nerve-sparing laparoscopic radical prostatectomy compromise cancer control?Mischel G Neill
Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, Surrey, UK
BJU Int 104:1730-3. 2009To assess whether oncological outcomes are compromised by adopting the curtain dissection (CD) technique (high incision of the peri-prostatic fascia) during nerve-preserving radical prostatectomy (RP).
- Current practice with endoscopic submucosal dissection in Europe: position statement from a panel of expertsP H Deprez
Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Av Hippocrate 10, Brussels, Belgium
Endoscopy 42:853-8. 2010Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) is the gold standard technique for performing en bloc resection of large superficial tumors in the upper and lower gastrointestinal tract...
- Development and implementation of a technical and didactical training program for student tutors in the dissection courseThomas Shiozawa
Institute of Anatomy, Department of Experimental Embryology and Tissue Engineering, University of Tuebingen, Elfriede Aulhorn Str 8, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Ann Anat 192:355-60. 2010..The aim of this paper is to report a systematic approach to the development, didactic reasoning and implementation of a curriculum for training student tutors in gross anatomy...
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection for treatment of esophageal submucosal tumors originating from the muscularis propria layerQiang Shi
Endoscopy Center, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Gastrointest Endosc 74:1194-200. 2011The technique of endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD), which was developed for en bloc resection of large lesions in the stomach, has been widely accepted for the treatment of early gastric cancer...
- Analysis of the anatomy of the Papez circuit and adjoining limbic system by fiber dissection techniquesAbhidha Shah
Department of Neurosurgery, Seth G S Medical College and King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, Acharya Donde Marg, Parel, Mumbai 400012, India
J Clin Neurosci 19:289-98. 2012Fiber dissection techniques were used to study the limbic system, in particular the Papez circuit. The course, length and anatomical relations of the structures that make up the Papez circuit were delineated...
- Natural orifice translumenal endoscopic surgery (NOTES): dissection for the critical view of safety during transcolonic cholecystectomyEdward D Auyang
Department of Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611 2908, USA
Surg Endosc 23:1117-8. 2009..This video shows that the critical view of safety can be attained with endoscopic dissection.
- Safety of extended endoscopic mucosal resection and endoscopic submucosal dissection following the Japanese Gastric Cancer Association treatment guidelinesY S Jee
Department of Surgery, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Br J Surg 96:1157-61. 2009Endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR) and endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) are widely performed. Indications for these procedures have been extended in Korea and Japan. The aim was to evaluate whether these extended indications are safe...
- Dissection of amoeboid movement into two mechanically distinct modesKunito Yoshida
Department of Biological Sciences, Sir Alexander Fleming Building, Imperial College, South Kensington, London, SW7 2AZ, UK
J Cell Sci 119:3833-44. 2006..We conclude that amoeboid motility comprises two mechanically different processes characterized by the production of two distinct cell-surface protrusions, blebs and filopodia-lamellipodia...
- Predictors of postoperative stricture after esophageal endoscopic submucosal dissection for superficial squamous cell neoplasmsS Ono
Department of Gastroenterology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan
Endoscopy 41:661-5. 2009Although endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) is becoming accepted as an established treatment for superficial esophageal squamous cell neoplasms, the risks for developing postoperative stricture have not been elucidated.
- Multicenter questionnaire survey on the current situation of colorectal endoscopic submucosal dissection in JapanShinji Tanaka
Department of Endoscopy, Hiroshima University Hospital, Hiroshima, Japan
Dig Endosc 22:S2-8. 2010In order to understand the current use of endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) for the treatment of colorectal tumors in Japan, we administered a questionnaire survey to 1356 institutions all over the country...
- Learning curve for endoscopic submucosal dissection of large colorectal tumorsKinichi Hotta
Department of Gastroenterology, Saku Central Hospital, Saku, Nagano, Japan
Dig Endosc 22:302-6. 2010No studies have previously described the learning curve for colonic endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD)...
- Aortic dissection precedes formation of aneurysms and atherosclerosis in angiotensin II-infused, apolipoprotein E-deficient miceKiran Saraff
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Gill Heart Institute, Lexington, KY, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23:1621-6. 2003....
- Laryngeal recurrent nerve injury in surgery for benign thyroid diseases: effect of nerve dissection and impact of individual surgeon in more than 27,000 nerves at riskMichael Hermann
Department of Surgery, Kaiserin Elisabeth Spital, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Ann Surg 235:261-8. 2002To evaluate the effect of recurrent nerve dissection on the incidence of recurrent laryngeal nerve injury (RLNI) and to analyze the performance of individual surgeons.
- Do we need dissection in an integrated problem-based learning medical course? Perceptions of first- and second-year studentsSamy A Azer
Faculty Education Unit, School of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Surg Radiol Anat 29:173-80. 2007..of the University of Melbourne has necessitated a reduction in the number of lectures and limited the use of dissection in teaching anatomy...
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection for colorectal epithelial neoplasmPing Hong Zhou
Institute of Endsocopy, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Surg Endosc 23:1546-51. 2009Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD), a new widely accepted method for treating early gastric cancer, was developed to increase the en bloc rate, especially for lesions larger than 20 mm in diameter...
- Risk factors for complications of endoscopic submucosal dissection in gastric tumors: analysis of 478 lesionsKotaro Mannen
Department of Internal Medicine and Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, Saga Medical School, 5 1 1 Nabeshima, Saga 849 8501, Japan
J Gastroenterol 45:30-6. 2010Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) technique has facilitated en bloc removal of widely spread lesions from the stomach. This retrospective study aimed to determine factors associated with serious complications of ESD.
- Genetic dissection of mouse distal chromosome 1 reveals three linked BMD QTLs with sex-dependent regulation of bone phenotypesWesley G Beamer
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine, USA
J Bone Miner Res 22:1187-96. 2007..The homologous relationship between distal mouse Chr 1 and human 1q21-24 offers the possibility of finding common regulatory genes for cortical and trabecular bone...
- Attitudes of medical and dental students to dissectionJ Snelling
Department of Biomedical Science, Division of Anatomy, Guy s, King s, and St Thomas s School of Biomedical Sciences, London, United Kingdom
Clin Anat 16:165-72. 2003Guy's, King's, and St. Thomas's School of Medicine encourages students to learn anatomy from human dissection. Today, there is a worldwide move of anatomy-based teaching away from dissection to prosection...
- Culturing hippocampal and cortical neuronsPeter J Meberg
Department of Biology, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, North Dakota 58202, USA
Methods Cell Biol 71:111-27. 2003..For investigators employing biochemical assays where a fairly large amount of protein is necessary, cortical neurons may be especially attractive to use as large amounts of tissue are obtained and available for culture...
- Acquisition of brains from the African elephant (Loxodonta africana): perfusion-fixation and dissectionPaul R Manger
School of Anatomical Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of the Witwatersrand, Parktown, Johannesburg, South Africa
J Neurosci Methods 179:16-21. 2009..This technique can be used on a variety of large mammals to obtain high quality material for comparative neuroanatomical studies...
- Prevention of Acute Lung Injury by IL-6 activated STAT3Ana Moran; Fiscal Year: 2010..Q-RT-PCR using amplified (a)RNA from laser capture micro-dissection (LCM)-isolated AECs and non(n)-AEC cells from sham, HS and HS/I rat lungs revealed: 1) that the assignment of ..
- Effective treatment of sleep apnea in prediabetes to reduce cardiometabolic riskEsra Tasali; Fiscal Year: 2010..The findings from the ivGTT will allow for the dissection of the respective roles of improvements in SI and AIRg on diabetes risk...
- Vitamin D Hormone Signaling in Bone Mineral HomeostasisMark R Haussler; Fiscal Year: 2010..ChIP) assays to scan for candidate VDREs, plus DNA gel mobility shift, real time PCR and promoter dissection to identify VDR-controlled genes...
- Maria Diakonova; Fiscal Year: 2014..Identification of the proteins recruited to the PRLR-JAK2 and dissection of the signaling pathways that are subsequently activated will ultimately provide a basis for understanding PRL ..
- DEBROSKI R HERBERT; Fiscal Year: 2016..We have generated several genetic models that facilitate careful mechanistic dissection of the cell-lineage specific importance of TH2 associated gene expression...
- Identification of Proteins Important for Male OsteoporosisHong Wen Deng; Fiscal Year: 2013..Proteomics is a powerful state-of-the-art strategy in genetic dissection of complex diseases, such as osteoporosis...
- Clifford A Lowell; Fiscal Year: 2016..pathways play a major role in human autoimmune, inflammatory and malignant disease, a more complete in vivo dissection of SHP-1 regulated signaling will help guide therapeutic development...
- Neuropeptide modulation of biogenic amine function and aggression in a crustaceanMaria A Sosa; Fiscal Year: 2013..use techniques of behavioral observation and quantitation before and after injections of agents of interest, CNS dissection, immunohistochemistry, confocal microscopy, hemolymph sampling and quantitative mass spectrometry...
- Novel Biomarkers in Aortic Aneurysms and Acute Aortic DissectionJENNIFER E contact VAN EYK; Fiscal Year: 2010..Change Topic, 06- HL-101 "Developing technologies for assessment of aortic aneurysms prone to rupture or dissection". Aortic dissection describes a tear in the wall of the main vessel in the body, the aorta...
- Proteomic signatures of an early life asthma-protective exposureSerrine S Lau; Fiscal Year: 2010..The goal of this Project is to initiate a dissection of these mechanisms by new mass spectrometry-based methodologies to identify and characterize proteomic ..
- MENG MENG ROWLAND; Fiscal Year: 2014..trap to capture transient hopping enzymes while having minimal effect on the sliding ones, thus allowing the dissection of the two tracking pathways individually...
- AAA ATPases linking mitochondria with microtubule processing in flies and yeastKaren G Hales; Fiscal Year: 2012..Drosophila melanogaster spermatogenesis is an ideal model system for genetic dissection of conserved mechanisms of mitochondrial morphogenesis, since mitochondria undergo dramatic shaping during sperm ..
- SMOOTH MUSCLE MYOSIN PHOSPHATASE SUBUNIT ISOFORMSSteven A Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 3: Tra2b as a novel nodal point for the dissection of VSM diversification...
- Shared Mechanisms of Valvular and Vascular CalcificationJOEL DAVID MORRISETT; Fiscal Year: 2012..between the potential for calcification by mitral and aortic VICs (Aim 1) using laser capture micro-dissection and osteogenic gene analysis of porcine valve tissues and by treating cultured porcine VICs with LPC...
- ALBERT PHILLIP OWENS III; Fiscal Year: 2014..wall with a diameter greater than 50% of normal, is an inflammatory disease of the aorta that can result in dissection of the wall, formation of an intramural clot, and rupture of th aorta resulting in almost immediate death in the ..
- Mechanistic Studies of HCV E2Joseph Marcotrigiano; Fiscal Year: 2013..understanding E2 function using virus-neutralizing antibodies and genetic approaches, more in-depth mechanistic dissection of E2 requires complementary biochemical, biophysical and molecular virology techniques...
- Molecular Components Affecting Ocular Retinoid HomeostasisJOHANNES FRIEDERICH VONLINTIG; Fiscal Year: 2012..By genetic dissection, we will analyze the molecular basis of b,b-carotene absorption and conversion into retinoids and the regulation ..
- HUA LINDA CAI; Fiscal Year: 2016..Ultrasound monitoring of abdominal aorta diameter in the survived mice and immediate dissection of the suddenly died mice revealed expansive or rupturing AAA. The total AAA incidence rate is 83...
- ROBERT CHARLES AUGUSTINE; Fiscal Year: 2014..drives SIS, which are hypersensitive to many stresses and fail to elicit the SIS response;thereby permitting the dissection of SUMOylation during stress...
- BENJAMIN LEVINE EBERT; Fiscal Year: 2016..In aggregate, these experiments will provide critical insight into the molecular basis of myelodysplastic syndrome. ..
- ADAM BRYANT MURPHY; Fiscal Year: 2016..proposed protocol would deepen his knowledge of immunohistochemistry, specimen processing, laser capture micro-dissection, tissue banking, genotyping and gene expression analysis...
- FRET-based Biosensors to Monitor Redox in Cell Cycle RegulationPaul J A Kenis; Fiscal Year: 2012..Aim 3: Create second generation FRET biosensors that permit visual monitoring and dissection of intraorganellar local redox potentials...
- HTS for inhibitors of NADPH Oxidase 2 (NOX 2)Hugh Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2010..To date, the dissection of the contribution of Nox2-derived ROS to oxidants generated by other sources has been complicated by the lack ..
- Patrick M Fuller; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Genetic Determinants of Drug EffectsTamara J Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will advance our explorations through the use of genetic mouse models, gene expression methods, laser dissection technology, and RNA interference (RNAi) methods for selective gene silencing...
- Paul J Boor; Fiscal Year: 2014..this proposed research is to better understand the physical weakening of the aortic wall that underlies arterial dissection;by understanding these mechanisms in this in vivo model, in vascular cells, and in spontaneously hypertensive ..
- MUKESH KUMAR JAIN; Fiscal Year: 2015..lesions may occur in both the thoracic and abdominal regions of the aortic tree and can deteriorate to vascular dissection and/or rupture that constitute a significant source of morbidity and mortality...
- Functional attributes of CD8+ T cells in recovery of hepatitis C virus infectionHUGO RAMON ROSEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..In particular, careful dissection of these factors will be critical to the design of any effective T-cell based therapy...
- RNA-Seq studies of Gene Expression in Cells and Networks in FI and ACC in AutismBarbara J Wold; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to use laser micro-dissection to investigate gene expression in specific neuronal and non-neuronal populations in the cortical areas of ..
- Analysis of Hair Cell Regeneration in ZebrafishALEJANDRO SANCHEZ ALVARADO; Fiscal Year: 2010..Combined, these two approaches will discover key hair cell regeneration genes and set the stage for a systematic dissection of this complex problem to inform the development of therapeutics to regenerate hair cells in mammals...
- Stephen B Howell; Fiscal Year: 2014..A careful dissection of the mechanism by which ATP7B mediates the efflux of Pt drugs is expected to identify strategies for ..
- Microfibril Fragments: Biomarkers of Aortic DiseaseLynn Y Sakai; Fiscal Year: 2010Develop technologies for assessment of aortic aneurysms prone to rupture or dissection. Thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysms (TAA and AAA) are life threatening conditions that comprise the thirteenth leading cause of death in the ..
- Discovery of Vibrio cholerae factors contributing to virulence in Drosophila.ALEXANDRA ELIZABETH PURDY; Fiscal Year: 2010..Most importantly, use of the Drosophila system facilitates genetic dissection of the host response, so that the host-pathogen interaction can be studied from both perspectives...
- FASEB on Biology of Cilia and FlagellaBradley K Yoder; Fiscal Year: 2010..that Chlamydomonas flagella are assembled by an Intraflagellar Transport (IFT) process and the subsequent dissection of the molecular underpinnings of IFT drove the discovery of genes encoding ciliary proteins responsible for ..
- JOSE A LEMOS; Fiscal Year: 2016..Because stress tolerance is intertwined with S. mutans virulence, the dissection of the mechanisms that allow these bacteria to thrive in oral biofilms during stressful conditions is central ..
- Spatiotemporal Regulation of Membrane Raft Trafficking in Virus Activated CellsTione Buranda; Fiscal Year: 2012..However, mechanistic dissection of virus entry has been hampered because glycoproteins of many hantaviruses are difficult to express and no ..
- Lisa V Goodrich; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- Madeline A Shea; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Drosophila feeding behavior: New tools for the genetic dissection of prandiologyWilliam W Ja; Fiscal Year: 2012..These discoveries are vital to the development of new therapeutics as well as preventative measures for obesity and other diseases. ..
- Gary M Kupfer; Fiscal Year: 2014..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Fanconi anemia (FA) is a genetic disease of cancer susceptibility whose dissection has led to the study of the DNA damage response and homologous recombinatorial repair...
- JOSEPH EDGAR CRAFT; Fiscal Year: 2014..asking if the transcription factor Ascl2 is required for TFH cell differentiation and function, and if so, a dissection of the mechanism of its T cell-specific effects in immune responses...
- Purine Salvage Pathway of Cryptosporidium ParvumBuddy Ullman; Fiscal Year: 2012..cell biology, genetics, structural biology, and pharmacology, this proposal offers an interdisciplinary dissection of the purine salvage pathway of Cryptosporidium parvum, a protozoan parasite that is an opportunistic pathogen ..
- Manabu Kurokawa; Fiscal Year: 2014..at Duke University Medical Center;our lab has considerable expertise in the biochemical analysis and molecular dissection of complex signaling pathways, both during apoptosis and cell cycle progression...
- PHYSIOLOGICAL DISSECTION OF THE SCNRae Silver; Fiscal Year: 2010..The work also contributes to a better understanding of circadian changes associated with puberty, andropause, sleep regulation and some aspects of sex differences. ..
- Functional Dissection of Glucocorticoid Action in Metabolic DiseaseCharles A Harris; Fiscal Year: 2012..In addition, the proposed research could point to the use of "dissociated GCs", safer anti-inflammatory medications to treat the millions of patients afflicted with inflammatory diseases. ..
- Samuel G Katz; Fiscal Year: 2014..Thus, the proposed mechanistic dissection of BOK activity will advance our goal of developing novel pharmacologic approaches to regulate BOK for ..
- GENETIC DISSECTION OF PHOTOTRANSDUCTIONBaruch Minke; Fiscal Year: 2011..Therefore, studies on Drosophila TRP and TRPL channels are likely to be relevant for understanding retinal degeneration and mechanisms underlying the damage to RGC by glaucoma. ..
- GABA-A Receptor Pharmacology of Neural Coding in Hippocampal Place CellsTARA MONIQUE STEWART; Fiscal Year: 2012..These studies will begin a molecular dissection of place field remapping, contribute to a deeper understanding of the role of HPC activity in age-related ..
- Elaine L Bearer; Fiscal Year: 2016..1) Rodent models, with genetic alterations of SERT or after fear provocation with predator odor;2) Genetic dissection of human SERT, SLC6A4, and association of alleles with behavior;and 3) Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), both ..
- Mechanisms of Degenerative Cell Death in C. elegansMONICA A DRISCOLL; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our genetic dissection of this process in nematodes suggests that Ca+2 influx through the MEC DEG/ENaC channel is critical in necrosis ..
- DOMINIC JAMES SMIRAGLIA; Fiscal Year: 2014..This will increase the power of the pairwise comparisons between primary and metastatic tumors and will ultimately allow for dissection of multiple molecular routes of metastatic spread.
- MERRILL E GERSHWIN; Fiscal Year: 2015..We submit that this rigorous dissection of PBC will define pathways that will direct us to potential therapeutic venues...
- Christophe O Benoist; Fiscal Year: 2016..who have performed in current grant period using a rigorous data generation and QC pipeline, a thorough dissection of gene expression and its regulation in >250 defined cell populations of the mouse immune system...
- William C Sessa; Fiscal Year: 2016..in mind, we hypothesize that understanding the interactions between eNOS and Cav-1 will permit molecular dissection of the physiological (blood flow) and pathophysiological (atherogenesis) roles of Cav-1 as a negative regulator ..
- IVETTE SUAREZ; Fiscal Year: 2015..The proposed dissection of the molecular mechanisms of IBC is expected to significantly advance the current understanding and ..
- Genetic analysis fo metabolic syndrome by admixture mapping in African AmericansLudmila Pawlikowska; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Dissection of genetic influences on metabolic syndrome traits in a large ancestry-admixed cohort will illuminate the ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Histone AcetyltransferasesJohn M Denu; Fiscal Year: 2012..However, unbiased dissection of the combinatorial PTM patterns recognized by chromatin binding proteins requires a platform for rapidly and ..
- Peter J Havel; Fiscal Year: 2015..New therapeutic targets will be pursued by performing microarray analysis of enteroendocrine cells isolated via laser capture dissection from selected gut segments and analyzing gut microbial populations by pyrosequencing.
- RODNEY J ROTHSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2014..Our specific aims are as follows: (1) Continue our molecular and genetic dissection of checkpoint and repair foci using fluorescent protein tags to specifically label chromosomal double-strand ..
- Nihal Ahmad; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The genetic dissection of a complex process such as melanocytic transformation is a daunting task...
- Genetic Analysis of Purine Metabolism in Leishmania donovaniBuddy Ullman; Fiscal Year: 2013..genetics, biochemistry, and cell biology, this competing continuation application offers an interdisciplinary dissection of the purine salvage pathway of Leishmania donovani, the etiologic agent of visceral leishmaniasis. L...
- Taste and feeding circuits in DrosophilaMICHAEL DOUGLAS GORDON; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will provide the anatomical framework for functional dissection of these cells. The second aim is to measure the activity of second-order neurons during taste detection...
- William M Ridgway; Fiscal Year: 2016..We submit that use of our unique murine constructs and our rigorous dissection of the mechanism of autoimmune cholangitis in this model will provide important clues towards successful ..
- Repressing HIF-1: targets and mechanismsNianli Sang; Fiscal Year: 2012..identification of HIF function as a master regulator of multiple angiogenic signaling pathways and the complete dissection of the conventional regulatory mechanisms of HIF function provide the possibility to target HIF as a better ..
- QUANTITATIVE GENETIC STUDY OF SEIZURESThomas N Ferraro; Fiscal Year: 2012..As a result of the success achieved in the dissection and translation of the distal Chr 1 QTL (Szs1) in the B6- D2 model, we have recently (February 2008) submitted a ..
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF PURINE METABOLISM IN LEISHMANIA DONOBuddy Ullman; Fiscal Year: 2007..structural biology, and computational chemistry this proposal offers a[unreadable] multidisciplinary dissection of the hypoxanthine-guanine[unreadable] phosphoribosyltransferase (HGPRT) enzyme from Leishmania donovani, an[..
- MOLECULAR DISSECTION OF E. HISTOLYTICA PATHOGENESISWilliam F Stenson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Jr. The name of the principal investigator/programdirector must be provided at the top of each printed page and each continuation page. RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OFCONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page 1 Description, ..
- Acupuncture for shoulder syndrome after ca surgeryDavid Pfister; Fiscal Year: 2004BACKGROUND: Neck dissection is a common procedure for treatment of head and neck cancer...
- MOLECULAR DISSECTION OF CONGENITAL NEPHROGENIC DIROBERT WILDIN; Fiscal Year: 2000..The structure-function implications of the V2 ADHR mutation analysis will also contribute to a fuller understanding of STM receptors in general. ..
- GENETIC DISSECTION OF AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOR OF HONEY BEESGreg Hunt; Fiscal Year: 2000..3 cM with 95% confidence. It is proposed to use STS primers designed from the RAPD markers, SSCP polymorphisms and further development of another set of RAPD markers from 1000 10-mer primers, screened in bulk. ..
- Internal Polymeric Vessel Occluder for Temporary Vascular Occlusion of the KidneyPETER MADRAS; Fiscal Year: 2007..including conventional suture repair, tissue sealants, radiofrequency ablation, laser ablation, water dissection, and microwave tissue coagulation...
- HGF Induces Robust Human Thymopoiesis in MiceJan Nolta; Fiscal Year: 2004..stem cells; the fetal thymic organ culture, requires precise timed mating of murine breeders and then careful dissection of the resulting day 15 embryos. When successful, the technique produces very low numbers of human T cells...
- Endoscopic Detection of Fluorescein for Sentinel Lymph Node BiopsyJames McGreevy; Fiscal Year: 2007..This new device will allow the surgeon to perform the axillary dissection of lymph nodes in breast cancer patients with minimally-invasive surgical techniques...
- Chemical dissection of phospho-signaling that controls the caulobacter cell cycleJAMES CHRISTIANSEN ABELLERA BLAIR; Fiscal Year: 2010..Since small molecule inhibitors will allow temporal dissection of the Caulobacter cell cycle, the experiments involve developing chemical inhibitors of signal transduction ..
- Functional characterization of SSRI resistant genes using C. elegansJI Y SZE; Fiscal Year: 2010The goal of this proposal is to elucidate the serotonin signaling pathways through genetic dissection of genes and functional pathways regulated by Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs)...
- GENETIC DISSECTION OF ALCOHOL/RETINOL METABOLIC PATHWAYSGregg Duester; Fiscal Year: 2002..3) Prepare and ALDH-I knockout mouse plus mice mutated for one or more ADHs and ALDH-I, then analyze their phenotype as above. ..