Genomes and Genes
Summary: Endoscopic examination, therapy or surgery of the interior of the stomach.
Publications284 found, 100 shown here
- A multicenter validation of an endoscopic classification with narrow band imaging for gastric precancerous and cancerous lesionsP Pimentel-Nunes
Department of Gastroenterology, Portuguese Oncology Institute of Porto, Rua Dr Bernardino de Almeida, Porto, Portugal
Endoscopy 44:236-46. 2012..The aim of the current study was to describe and estimate the accuracy and reliability of a simplified classification system for NBI in the diagnosis of gastric lesions...
- Diagnosis of the invasion depth of gastric cancer using MDCT with virtual gastroscopy: comparison with staging with endoscopic ultrasoundKazuhiro Furukawa
Department of Gastroenterology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
AJR Am J Roentgenol 197:867-75. 2011..of this study were to retrospectively evaluate the lesion detection rate of gastric cancer using only virtual gastroscopy generated from MDCT images and the accuracy of invasion depth diagnosis (T staging) using virtual gastroscopy ..
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection for treatment of gastric subepithelial tumors (with video)Andrzej Białek
Gastroenterology Department, Pomeranian Medical University, Szczecin, Poland
Gastrointest Endosc 75:276-86. 2012..Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) is a well-accepted method for removing superficial mucosal tumors; however, there is limited data on the use of this method for removing subepithelial tumors...
- Endoscopic gastroplication for the treatment of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease: a randomised, sham-controlled trialM P Schwartz
Department of Gastroenterology, University Medical Centre, PO Box 85500, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Gut 56:20-8. 2007..Endoscopic treatment for gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD) is rapidly emerging, but there is a great need for randomised controlled trials to evaluate the efficacy...
- The Japanese guidelines for gastric cancer screeningChisato Hamashima
Cancer Screening Technology Division, Research Center for Cancer Prevention and Screening, National Cancer Center, 5 1 1 Tsukiji Chuo ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 38:259-67. 2008..8% of the total number of cancer deaths. Since 1983, under the Health Service Law for the Aged, gastric cancer screening has been conducted nationwide for all residents aged 40 years and over...
- Intracorporeal circular stapling esophagojejunostomy using the transorally inserted anvil (OrVil) after laparoscopic total gastrectomyOh Jeong
Department of Gastroenterologic Surgery, Chonnam National University Hwasun Hospital, 160, Ilsim Ri, Hwasun eup, Hwasun Gun, Jeollanam do, 519 809, Korea
Surg Endosc 23:2624-30. 2009..The authors report the newly developed reconstruction technique after LTG: intracorporeal circular stapling esophagojejunostomy using the transorally inserted anvil (OrVil; Covidien, Mansfield, MA, USA)...
- Gastric endoscopic submucosal dissection assisted by a new traction method: the clip-band technique. A feasibility study in a porcine model (with video)Adolfo Parra-Blanco
Endoscopy Unit, Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital of Canary Islands, Tenerife, Spain
Gastrointest Endosc 74:1137-41. 2011..Several traction methods have been proposed to facilitate submucosal dissection, but they are usually not widely available or are difficult to apply...
- Comparison between the two systems to evaluate the appropriateness of endoscopy of the upper digestive tractGianluca Bersani
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Unit of Endoscopy Malatesta Novello Cesena, Post graduate School of Gastroenterology, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Am J Gastroenterol 99:2128-35. 2004....
- Scirrhous gastric carcinoma: endoscopy versus upper gastrointestinal radiographyMi Suk Park
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, 388 1 Poongnap dong, Songpa Ku, Seoul 138 040, South Korea
Radiology 231:421-6. 2004..To compare the accuracy of upper gastrointestinal (UGI) series and endoscopic examination in the diagnosis and localization of scirrhous gastric carcinoma...
- A study of metachronous cancer after endoscopic resection of early gastric cancerJi Sun Han
Department of Internal Medicine, Dong A University College of Medicine, Busan, Korea
Scand J Gastroenterol 46:1099-104. 2011..There are only a few reports of metachronous cancer after endoscopic resection. The aim of this study was to identify clinical factors associated with metachronous gastric cancer after endoscopic resection...
- Benefit of concomitant gastrointestinal and gynaecological evaluation in premenopausal women with iron deficiency anaemiaL Vannella
Department of Digestive and Liver Disease, Hospital Sant Andrea, II School of Medicine, University Sapienza of Rome, Rome, Italy
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 28:422-30. 2008..Aim To evaluate prospectively the occurrence of bleeding and iron malabsorption related gastrointestinal (GI) diseases likely responsible of IDA in premenopausal women regardless of their menstrual flow...
- Gastric cancer: preoperative local staging with 3D multi-detector row CT--correlation with surgical and histopathologic resultsChiao Yun Chen
Department of Medical Imaging, Kaohsiung Medical University, Chung Ho Memorial Hospital, 100 Tz You 1st Road, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Radiology 242:472-82. 2007..To prospectively evaluate accuracy of multi-detector row computed tomographic (CT) images for preoperative staging of gastric cancer by using surgical and histopathologic results as reference standards...
- How good is endoscopic ultrasound for TNM staging of gastric cancers? A meta-analysis and systematic reviewSrinivas Reddy Puli
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Missouri Columbia, One Hospital Drive, M580a, Columbia, Missouri 65212, United States
World J Gastroenterol 14:4011-9. 2008..To evaluate the accuracy of endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) for staging of gastric cancers...
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection as a treatment for gastric noninvasive neoplasia: a multicenter study by Osaka University ESD Study GroupMotohiko Kato
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Clinical Research Building K1, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Gastroenterol 46:325-31. 2011..To validate the use of ESD for total incisional biopsy in NIN, we examined the underdiagnosis rate of NIN and the rates of complication associated with ESD...
- American Gastroenterological Association Institute technical review on the management of gastric subepithelial massesJoo Ha Hwang
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Gastroenterology 130:2217-28. 2006..The paper was approved by the Committee on January 19, 2006, and by the AGA Institute Governing Board on April 20, 2006...
- Neuroendocrine tumors of the stomach (gastric carcinoids) are on the rise: small tumors, small problems?H Scherubl
Klinik für Gastroenterologie und GI Onkologie, Vivantes Klinikum Am Urban, Berlin, Germany
Endoscopy 42:664-71. 2010..Often gastric NETs (especially type 1) are found incidentally during a gastroscopy performed for other reasons; most of these NETs are smaller than 20 mm in size...
- Death after PEG: results of the National Confidential Enquiry into Patient Outcome and DeathSimon D Johnston
Department of Gastroenterology, Belfast City Hospital, Northern Ireland
Gastrointest Endosc 68:223-7. 2008..However, the factors associated with complications and death after PEG have not been studied in detail. We describe the largest audit of deaths after PEG tube insertion...
- A new technique for endoscopic mucosal resection with an insulated-tip electrosurgical knife improves the completeness of resection of intramucosal gastric neoplasmsShin ichi Miyamoto
Division of Digestive Endoscopy and Gastrointestinal Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital, East Chiba, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 55:576-81. 2002..A new technique was developed for EMR by using an insulated-tip electrosurgical knife (IT-EMR). This is a report on the clinical application of IT-EMR...
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy: 30-day mortality trends and risk factorsS E J Janes
Department of Surgery, New Cross Hospital, Wolverhampton, WV1 0QP, England
J Postgrad Med 51:23-8; discussion 28-9. 2005..30-day Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) mortality of 8% (1992). Recent concerns suggest that mortality may have increased, prompting a comparison of current practice with that reported earlier...
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy; evidence of different prognosis in various patient subgroupsEphraim Rimon
Department of Geriatrics, Gastroenterological Division, Kaplan Harzfeld Medical Center, Rehovot, Israel
Age Ageing 34:353-7. 2005..As there are no prospective randomised trials about percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) insertion, the medical staff and caregivers encounter great difficulty in deciding when and if to perform this procedure...
- Impact of open-access endoscopy on detection of early oesophageal and gastric cancer 1994 - 2003: population-based studyH M Paterson
Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary, Dumfries, Scotland, UK
Endoscopy 38:503-7. 2006..The aim of the study was to assess the impact, with regard to earlier diagnosis of oesophageal and gastric cancer, of the first 10 years of a regional open-access endoscopy service in the Dumfries and Galloway region of Scotland...
- [Patient satisfaction in gastrointestinal endoscopy: results of a multicenter study]Antonio Sanchez del Rio
Group of Hospitals Hospiten, Tenerife, Espana
Gastroenterol Hepatol 31:566-71. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine the main quality problems perceived by patients in gastrointestinal endoscopy through a satisfaction survey...
- Evaluation of patient satisfaction in gastrointestinal endoscopyAntonio Sánchez Del Río
Servicio de Aparato Digestivo, Hospiten Hospital Group, Tenerife, Spain
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:896-900. 2007..The aim of this study was to identify by means of a satisfaction questionnaire the main reasons for dissatisfaction in patients undergoing gastrointestinal endoscopy...
- Gastric carcinoids: biologic behavior and prognosis after differentiated treatment in relation to typeKurt Borch
Department of Surgery, University Hospital of Linkoping, Linkoping, Sweden
Ann Surg 242:64-73. 2005..To analyze tumor biology and the outcome of differentiated treatment in relation to tumor subtype in patients with gastric carcinoid...
- In vivo assessment of gastrotomy closure with over-the-scope clips in an experimental model for varicocelectomy (with video)Carla Rolanda
Life and Health Sciences Research Institute, School of Health Sciences, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal
Gastrointest Endosc 70:1137-45. 2009..Transgastric access is good for a pelvic approach, making varicocelectomy a possible indication for natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery (NOTES)...
- Natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery: transgastric cholecystectomy in a survival porcine modelS Perretta
Department of Surgery, IRCAD EITS, University of Strasbourg, 1, Place de l Hopital Hopitaux Universitaires, 67091, Strasbourg Cedex, France
Surg Endosc 22:1126-30. 2008
- Prevalence and comparisons of five different diagnostic methods for Helicobacter pylori in diabetic patientsO Senturk
Gastroenterology Section, Kocaeli University, Medical School, Turkey
Endocr Res 27:179-89. 2001..Peristaltic activity, and impaired nonspecific immunity must be evaluated as risk factors in diabetics. We recommend that the 'gold standard' should be regarded as two positive out of these five different tests...
- Endoscopic enucleation for gastric subepithelial tumors originating in the muscularis propria layerIn du Jeong
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Ulsan University Hospital, 290 3, Jeonha dong, Dong Gu, 682 714, Ulsan, South Korea
Surg Endosc 25:468-74. 2011..This study aimed to determine the feasibility of endoscopic enucleation (EEN) for SETs in the muscularis propria layer and to evaluate the diagnostic efficacy and safety of EEN for SETs...
- Endoscopic enucleation of upper-GI submucosal tumors by using an insulated-tip electrosurgical knifeYoung Soo Park
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Gastroenterology, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 59:409-15. 2004..A novel method for endoscopic enucleation of submucosal tumors with an insulated-tip electrosurgical knife is reported...
- Diagnostic accuracy of T and N stages with endoscopy, stomach protocol CT, and endoscopic ultrasonography in early gastric cancerHye Seong Ahn
Department of Surgery, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Jongno gu, Seoul, Korea
J Surg Oncol 99:20-7. 2009..The aim of this study is to analyze the accuracy of T and N staging of EGC with esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD), Stomach protocol CT (S-CT), and endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS), and the factors influencing the accuracy...
- Transgastric instrumentation and bacterial contamination of the peritoneal cavityVimal K Narula
Division of General Surgery, The Ohio State University School of Medicine and Public Health, 410 West 10th Avenue, Ohio, Columbus, 43210 1228, USA
Surg Endosc 22:605-11. 2008..We report the bacterial load and contamination of the peritoneal cavity in patients requiring a gastrotomy Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (LSRYGB)...
- A new method of diagnosing gastric intestinal metaplasia: narrow-band imaging with magnifying endoscopyN Uedo
Deparment of Gastrointestinal Oncology, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Osaka, Japan
Endoscopy 38:819-24. 2006..The aim of the present study was to clarify the value of NBI-ME for diagnosing gastric intestinal metaplasia...
- Endoscopic gastrostomy placement in the child with gastroesophageal reflux: is concomitant antireflux surgery indicated?Guin J P Wilson
Department of Pediatric Surgery KE 04 140 5, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, University Medical Center, PO Box 85090, 3508 AB Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Pediatr Surg 41:1441-5. 2006..Therefore, we changed policy to perform only gastrostomy, regardless of pH study results. Subsequent antireflux surgery is performed only as necessary. We report here our results...
- Accuracy of EUS in the evaluation of small gastric subepithelial lesionsCetin Karaca
Gastrointestinal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 71:722-7. 2010..EUS combined with endoluminal resection techniques is increasingly used to provide a definitive diagnosis of small gastric subepithelial lesions seen on standard upper endoscopy...
- Endoscopic partial resection with the unroofing technique for reliable tissue diagnosis of upper GI subepithelial tumors originating from the muscularis propria on EUS (with video)Chang Kyun Lee
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Soon Chun Hyang University College of Medicine, Cheonan Hospital, Cheonan, Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 71:188-94. 2010..However, the diagnostic efficacy of current tissue sampling techniques appears to be limited...
- A learning curve for advanced endoscopic resectionTakuji Gotoda
Gastrointest Endosc 62:866-7. 2005
- Closure of a gastrotomy after transgastric tubal ligation by using the Eagle Claw VII: a survival experiment in a porcine model (with video)Philip W Chiu
Institute of Digestive Disease, Department of Surgery, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Gastrointest Endosc 68:554-9. 2008..Transgastric access to the peritoneal cavity presents new opportunities for novel endoscopic surgery. Secure closure of the gastrotomy site is critical to the success of transgastric endoscopic surgery...
- Evaluation of the diagnostic accuracy of gastroscopy to detect gastric tumours: clinicopathological features and prognosis of patients with gastric cancer missed on endoscopyMarkku E Voutilainen
Department of Internal Medicine, Jyvaskyla Central Hospital, Finland
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 17:1345-9. 2005Some gastric cancers are missed during diagnostic gastroscopy, but data are sparse on the clinical characteristics of patients with missed gastric cancers and on the accuracy of gastroscopy for detecting these tumours...
- Natural history of chronic gastritis in a population-based cohortStefan Redeen
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 45:540-9. 2010..To describe and explore the natural history of Helicobacter pylori infection and chronic gastritis in terms of gastric mucosal atrophy and ulcer development over time in a population-based cohort...
- Endoscopic marking with a metallic clip facilitates transcatheter arterial embolization in upper peptic ulcer bleedingLars Gunnar Eriksson
Department of Radiology, Akademiska sjukhuset, SE 751, 85 Uppsala, Sweden
J Vasc Interv Radiol 17:959-64. 2006..To enable accurate transcatheter arterial embolization (TAE) of the target vessel, a new technique to localize the exact position of a bleeding ulcer was tested that involves endoscopic marking of the ulcer with a metallic clip...
- Usefulness of three-dimensional, multidetector row CT (virtual gastroscopy and multiplanar reconstruction) in the evaluation of gastric cancer: a comparison with conventional endoscopy, EUS, and histopathologySuryaprakash Bhandari
Institute for Digestive Research and Department of Radiology, Soon Chun Hyang University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 59:619-26. 2004..The aim of this study was to assess the role of three-dimensional multidetector row CT for detection, precise localization, and staging of gastric cancer by comparison with conventional endoscopy, EUS, and histopathology...
- Early experience with unsedated ultrathin 4.9 mm transnasal gastroscopy: a pilot studyJustin Cheung
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Alberta Hospital, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 22:917-22. 2008Unsedated transnasal gastroscopy is a technique with unverified clinical advantages.
- Sedation, topical pharyngeal anesthesia and cardiorespiratory safety during gastroscopyMatti Ristikankare
Department of Medicine, Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
J Clin Gastroenterol 40:899-905. 2006In a prospective, double-blind study, we examined the effects of routine sedation and pharyngeal anesthesia on cardiorespiratory parameters during gastroscopy.
- En-bloc resection of multiple type 1 gastric carcinoid tumors by endoscopic multi-band mucosectomyAndrew D Hopper
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Westmead Hospital, Sydney, Australia
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 24:1516-21. 2009..Our purpose was to describe the application of the endoscopic multi-band mucosectomy (MBM) device to achieve en-bloc resection of multiple gastric carcinoid tumors...
- Prognostic significance of intestinal claudins in high-risk synchronous and metachronous multiple gastric epithelial neoplasias after initial endoscopic submucosal dissectionShuho Semba
Division of Pathology, Department of Pathology and Microbiology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Pathol Int 58:371-7. 2008..049). These results indicate that early GC demonstrating I-CLDN(+) phenotype have a high risk of synchronous and metachronous secondary gastric epithelial neoplasias...
- Endoscopic resection with a two-channel videoendoscope for gastric carcinoid tumorsK Higashino
Department of Gastrointestinal Oncology, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Osaka, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 51:269-72. 2004..To completely remove these tumors, we used a two-channel videoendoscope with which both grasping forceps and a polypectomy snare could be used simultaneously...
- Gastric cancer staging at isotropic MDCT including coronal and sagittal MPR images: endoscopically diagnosed early vs. advanced gastric cancerYoo Na Kim
Department of Radiology and Center for Imaging Science, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50 Ilwon Dong, Kangnam Ku, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Abdom Imaging 34:26-34. 2009....
- A randomised controlled trial of structured nurse-led outpatient clinic follow-up for dyspeptic patients after direct access gastroscopyDavid Chan
Department of Gastroenterology, Southampton University Hospitals Trust, Southampton, UK
BMC Gastroenterol 9:12. 2009Dyspepsia is a common disorder in the community, with many patients referred for diagnostic gastroscopy by their General Practitioner (GP)...
- A new technique for gastric endoscopic submucosal dissection: peroral traction-assisted endoscopic submucosal dissectionWon Joong Jeon
Department of Internal Medicine, Chungbuk National University, College of Medicine and Medical Research Institute, Hungdukgu, Cheongju, Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 69:29-33. 2009..However, ESD leads to more complications, such as bleeding or perforation, and, in particular, needs more procedure time than a conventional EMR...
- Effect of a proton pump inhibitor or an H2-receptor antagonist on prevention of bleeding from ulcer after endoscopic submucosal dissection of early gastric cancer: a prospective randomized controlled trialNoriya Uedo
Department of Gastrointestinal Oncology, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Osaka, Japan
Am J Gastroenterol 102:1610-6. 2007..An objective of this study is to investigate whether a stronger acid suppressant (i.e., PPI) more effectively prevents bleeding after the recent advanced technique of endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) for EGC...
- Diagnostic validity of CT gastrography versus gastroscopy for primary lesions in gastric cancer: evaluating the response to chemotherapy, a retrospective analysisSho Takahashi
Department of Gastroenterology, Otaru Kyokai Hospital, Hokkaido, Japan
Gastric Cancer 16:543-8. 2013This retrospective study was carried out to compare computed tomographic (CT) gastrography and conventional optical gastroscopy (GS) in order to evaluate the effectiveness of chemotherapy in primary gastric lesions.
- Two years' intensive training in endoscopic diagnosis facilitates detection of early gastric cancerTetsuro Yamazato
Department of Gastroenterology, Tokyo Metropolitan Cancer Detection Center, Japan
Intern Med 51:1461-5. 2012..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether 2 years intensive training improved the detection of gastric cancer by screening endoscopy...
- Prospective audit of gastroscopy under the 'three-day rule': a regional initiative in Italy to reduce waiting time for suspected malignancyF Parente
Department of Gastroenterology, L Sacco University Hospital, Milan, Italy
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 16:1011-4. 2002..It requires patients with suspected severe diseases to have a diagnostic procedure performed within three working days of referral by a general practitioner...
- Design of the image-guided biopsy marking system for gastroscopyDeyu Sun
College of Biomedical Engineering and Instrument Science, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
J Med Syst 36:2909-20. 2012..to find the biopsy positions in follow-ups, we proposed a non-invasive image guided biopsy marking system for gastroscopy. Using an electromagnetic tracking device, the position of the gastroscope relative to the stomach was acquired ..
- Children with neurological disorders do not always need fundoplication concomitant with percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomyJ W Puntis
University of Leeds, The General Infirmary at Leeds, Neonatal Unit, UK
Dev Med Child Neurol 42:97-9. 2000..We conclude that routine investigation for gastroesophageal reflux in the child without severe vomiting can be avoided and the number of antireflux procedures reduced...
- Correlation between microsatellite instability and metachronous disease recurrence after endoscopic mucosal resection in patients with early stage gastric carcinomaA Kawamura
Department of Internal Medicine II, Shimane Medical University, Shimane, Japan
Cancer 91:339-45. 2001....
- Safety of percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy in medically complicated infantsPhilip Minar
Divisions of Gastroenterology and Perinatology, Department of Pediatrics, Wheaton Franciscan Health Care St Joseph s Regional Hospital, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, and the Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 53:293-5. 2011..5% to 17%. The objective of this study was to evaluate the incidence of acute complications of PEG placement in medically complicated infants with a weight of less than 6 kg...
- Evaluation of patient satisfaction of an outpatient gastroscopy service in an Asian tertiary care hospitalNajib Azmi
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
BMC Gastroenterol 12:96. 2012..Different methods of evaluation of patient satisfaction may yield different results and there is currently no study to compare results of on-site versus phone-back interviews...
- Laparoscopic resection of gastric diverticulumS H Kim
Department of Surgery, Korea University Ansan Hospital, Kyung Gi Do, Korea
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 9:87-91. 1999..The location of the diverticulum was confirmed by intraoperative gastroscopy. Using a 5-cannula techniques, the diverticulum was resected with an endoscopic linear stapler device...
- Evaluation of early gastric cancer at multidetector CT with multiplanar reformation and virtual endoscopyYulan Shen
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Medical School, Rui Jin Hospital, China
Radiographics 31:189-99. 2011..Multidetector CT with MPR and virtual endoscopy is a powerful, noninvasive tool for the early detection and accurate preoperative staging of EGC...
- Self-limiting risk of metachronous gastric cancers after endoscopic resectionMasaaki Kobayashi
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Niigata University Medical and Dental Hospital, Niigata, Japan
Dig Endosc 22:169-73. 2010..It is unclear whether the risk of metachronous cancer is self-limiting or permanent. The aim of this study was to evaluate the incidence of multiple cancers after ER during a long-term follow-up study...
- Gastric cancer detection using MDCT compared with 2D axial CT: diagnostic accuracy of three different reconstruction techniquesJung Hoon Kim
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Chongno Gu, Korea
Abdom Imaging 37:541-8. 2012..To assess the diagnostic accuracy of different reconstruction techniques using MDCT for gastric cancer detection compared with 2D axial CT...
- How can we predict the presence of missed synchronous lesions after endoscopic submucosal dissection for early gastric cancers or gastric adenomas?Jun Hwan Yoo
Department of Gastroenterology, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, South Korea
J Clin Gastroenterol 47:e17-22. 2013..To identify predictive factors associated with the presence of missed synchronous lesions after endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) for gastric adenoma or early gastric cancer (EGC)...
- Correlation between a short-term intravenous octreotide suppression test and response to antrectomy in patients with type-1 gastric neuroendocrine tumoursSenthil V Murugesan
Department of Gastroenterology, Institute of Translational Medicine, University of Liverpool, Liverpool L69 3GE, UK
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 25:474-81. 2013..An octreotide suppression test has been previously suggested as a means to assess whether type-1 gastric NETs are likely to regress following antrectomy...
- The relationship between percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy and gastro-oesophageal reflux disease in children: a systematic reviewLouise J Noble
Division of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Alder Hey Children s NHS Foundation Trust, Liverpool, UK
Surg Endosc 26:2504-12. 2012..The aim of this systematic review is to examine the available evidence documenting the association between PEG and GERD...
- Gastric polyps: an update of their pathology and biological significanceG Oberhuber
Department of Clinical Pathology, University of Vienna, Medical School, Austria
Virchows Arch 437:581-90. 2000....
- Outcome after percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy in children and young adultsJohn E Fortunato
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 50:390-3. 2010..We hypothesized that definable preoperative clinical factors predict the need for further intervention to provide enteral access after PEG. Our aim was to identify factors associated with PEG outcome...
- Gastrostomy insertion in the 21st century: PEG or laparoscopic? Report from a large single-centre seriesRuth Clare Wragg
Birmingham Children s Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Pediatr Surg Int 28:443-8. 2012..To determine whether laparoscopic-assisted gastrostomy (LAG) has superseded percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) based on the clinical outcomes...
- Diagnostic performance of 64-MDCT and 1.5-T MRI with high-resolution sequences in the T staging of gastric cancer: a comparative analysis with histopathologyM Anzidei
Department of Radiological Sciences, University of Rome Sapienza, School of Medicine, Rome, Italy
Radiol Med 114:1065-79. 2009..This study was undertaken to compare the accuracy of magnetic resonance (MR) imaging and 64-slice multidetector computed tomography (64-MDCT) in the T staging of gastric carcinoma in comparison with histopathology...
- Endoscopic resection of small gastrointestinal stromal tumorsJianying Bai
Department of Gastroenterology, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Dig Dis Sci 55:1950-4. 2010..The common treatment principle of gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs) is complete resection of the tumor. The rapid development of endoscopic skill makes it possible to resect GISTs en-bloc through the endoscopic approach...
- Proton pump inhibitors versus histamine-2-receptor antagonists for the management of iatrogenic gastric ulcer after endoscopic mucosal resection or endoscopic submucosal dissection: a meta-analysis of randomized trialsZhiping Yang
Xijing Hospital of Digestive Diseases, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, PR China
Digestion 84:315-20. 2011..We aimed to systematically evaluate the evidence comparing PPI and H(2)RA for iatrogenic ulcer...
- Usefulness of laparoscope-assisted antrectomy for gastric carcinoids with hypergastrinemiaMasato Hoshino
Department of Surgery, Daisan Hospital, Jikei University School of Medicine, 4 11 1 Izumihoncho, Komae, Tokyo 201 8601, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 57:379-82. 2010..A laparoscopic antrectomy for type I gastric carcinoid is a minimally invasive treatment relevant to the pathology of the disease, and it is also expected to produce regression or even spontaneous resolution of the tumor...
- Comparison of serum IgA and IgG antibodies for detecting Helicobacter pylori infectionYoshihisa Urita
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Toho University School of Medicine, Tokyo
Intern Med 43:548-52. 2004..pylori) is well established, the usefulness of IgA-based tests is less well documented. The aim of this study was to evaluate two commercially available ELISAs, both for IgG and IgA...
- Tension pneumoperitoneum, pneumomediastinum, subcutaneous emphysema and cardiorespiratory collapse following gastroscopyW Y Tam
Anaesth Intensive Care 35:307-9. 2007
- Heart Rate and Blood Pressure Changes during Gastroscopy in Healthy Older SubjectsRuth Ross
Cardiovascular Investigation Unit, Royal Victoria Infirmary, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Gerontology 50:182-6. 2004Previous studies uncontrolled for co-morbidity have shown increased heart rate and decreased oxygenation during gastroscopy in older people...
- Endolumenal therapies for gastroesophageal reflux disease: are they dead?Jonathan P Pearl
Surg Endosc 21:1-4. 2007
- Variation in taste of topical lignocaine anaesthesia for gastroscopyM A Asante
Department of Gastroenterology, St George s Hospital Medical School, London, UK
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 12:685-6. 1998..To study the distribution and determinants of taste variation for lignocaiine spray (Xylocaine; Astra Pharmaceuticals, King's Langley, UK)...
- To PEG or not to PEGChristopher Pennington
Tayside University Hospital Trust, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee
Clin Med 2:250-5. 2002..Careful management and support for the carers in the community are essential. Not all patients benefit from PEG feeding. The aim must be an improvement in the quality of life, not a prolongation of terminal disease...
- Novel approach to antibiotic prophylaxis in percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG): randomised controlled trialJohn Blomberg
Upper Gastrointestinal Research, Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
BMJ 341:c3115. 2010..To evaluate a new and simpler strategy of antibiotic prophylaxis in percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG)...
- Patients' satisfaction: an important factor in quality control of gastroscopiesBirgitte Seip
Department of Medicine, Telemark Hospital, Skien, Norway
Scand J Gastroenterol 43:1004-11. 2008..The aims of the present study were to evaluate OGD-related discomfort assessed by the patient and to identify the possibilities for improvement...
- Efficacy of low and standard midazolam doses for gastroscopy. A randomized, double-blind studyR Campo
Digestive Endoscopy Unit SDI, CS Parc Tauli, Sabadell, Spain
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 12:187-90. 2000To evaluate the efficacy and safety of two different doses of intravenous midazolam (35 and 70 microg/kg) compared to placebo in patients undergoing gastroscopy.
- Endoscopic mucosal resection scissors for the treatment of early gastric cancerM Miyashita
Department of Surgery 1, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Endoscopy 35:611-2. 2003..The lesion was removed using the scissors and no major complication was encountered. EMR scissors can be used for endoscopic resection of superficial lesions of the esophagus and stomach...
- The prevalence of and risk factors for erosive oesophagitis and non-erosive reflux disease: a nationwide multicentre prospective study in KoreaN Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 27:173-85. 2008..Prospective nationwide multicentre studies that have evaluated endoscopic findings and reflux symptoms using a well-designed questionnaire are very rare...
- Gastroscopy following a positive fecal occult blood test and negative colonoscopy: systematic review and guidelineJohane Allard
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, University of Toronto, University Health Network Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 24:113-20. 2010....
- Open access gastroscopy in hospitalized patientsEyal Gal
Department of Gastroenterology, Rabin Medical Center Beilinson Campus, Petah Tikva, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 9:797-9. 2007Open access gastroscopy allows physicians to refer patients for endoscopic procedures without a prior consultation.
- Open-access gastroscopy is associated with improved outcomes in gastric cancerGuy R Blackshaw
Departments of Surgery and Gastroenterology, Royal Gwent Hospital, Newport, UK
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 15:1333-7. 2003To examine whether patients with gastric cancer diagnosed via open-access gastroscopy (OAG) differ in their outcomes compared with patients referred conventionally to outpatient clinics or as acute emergencies.
- Factors associated with non-attendance at outpatient endoscopyJavier Sola-Vera
Hospital General Universitario de Elche, Elche, Spain
Scand J Gastroenterol 43:202-6. 2008..Non-attendance at endoscopy procedures leads to wasted resources and increased costs. The purpose of this study was to investigate the factors associated with non-attendance...
- How useful is selection based on alarm symptoms in requesting gastroscopy? An evaluation of diagnostic determinants for gastro-oesophageal malignancyM E Numans
Julius Center for General Practice and Patient Oriented Research, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Scand J Gastroenterol 36:437-43. 2001..of gastro-oesophageal malignancy as a means of helping family physicians select patients for 'open-access' gastroscopy. In this multicenter study, 861 consecutive patients were investigated with first-time gastroscopy (study ..
- Open-access gastroscopy in primary health-care offices to prevent peptic ulcer-related hospitalization and mortalityM Voutilainen
Dept of Internal Medicine, Jyvaskyla Central Hospital, Jyvaskyla, Finland
Scand J Gastroenterol 39:1289-92. 2004Open-access gastroscopy performed by general practitioners is available at some primary care health centres in our Central Finland hospital referral area...
- Endoscopic mucosal resection in the stomach using the insulated-tip needle-knifeM Muto
Division of Digestive Endoscopy and Gastrointestinal Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital East, Kashiwanoha, Chiba, Japan
Endoscopy 37:178-82. 2005
- Helicobacter pylori culture and antimicrobial resistance in IranGholam Hossein Fallahi
Department of Gastroenterology, Children Medical Centre, Tehran University of Medical Science, Tehran, Iran
Indian J Pediatr 74:127-30. 2007..The aim of the study was to evaluate the prevalence of H pylori resistance to metronidazole, clarithromycin, tetracycline, amoxicillin, erythromycin and furazolidone in authors pediatric patients...
- Factors associated with tolerance to, and discomfort with, unsedated diagnostic gastroscopyH E Mulcahy
Dept of Gastroenterology, Homerton Hospital, London, UK
Scand J Gastroenterol 36:1352-7. 2001Identification of patients likely to experience high levels of discomfort during unsedated gastroscopy would be useful as these patients could be prospectively targeted for sedation...
- Differentiation between malignant and benign gastric ulcers: CT virtual gastroscopy versus optical gastroendoscopyChiao Yun Chen
Department of Medical Imaging, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, No 100 Tz You First Road, Kaohsiung City, 807 Taiwan
Radiology 252:410-7. 2009To retrospectively compare computed tomographic virtual gastroscopy (VG) and conventional optical gastroendoscopy for the differentiation of malignant and benign gastric ulcers.
- Endoscopic full-thickness resection with sutured closure in a porcine modelKeiichi Ikeda
Department of Endoscopy, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 62:122-9. 2005..The aim of this study was to test the feasibility of full-thickness gastric resection...
- Is endoscopic ultrasonography indispensable in assessing the appropriateness of endoscopic resection for gastric cancer?K Hizawa
Dept of Medicine and Clinical Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Endoscopy 34:973-8. 2002..The aim of the present study was to investigate the accuracy of pretherapeutic staging techniques for assessing the appropriateness of endoscopic resection...
- New endoscopic treatment for intramucosal gastric tumors using an insulated-tip diathermic knifeM Ohkuwa
Division of Digestive Endoscopy and Gastrointestinal Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital East, Chiba, Japan
Endoscopy 33:221-6. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Compared with conventional EMR, this new method may have significant benefits, particularly regarding one-piece resection of lesions between 11 and 20 mm in size, and may also have a lower recurrence rate...
- Helicobacter pylori infection is unlikely to be transmitted between partners: evidence from genotypic study in partners of infected patientsW Luman
Department of Gastroenterology, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 14:521-8. 2002..We postulated that the oro-oral route of transmission between spouses could be an important route of transmission of Helicobacter pylori...
- Efficacy of clinical pathway for the management of mucosal gastric carcinoma treated with endoscopic submucosal dissection using an insulated-tip diathermic knifeShoji Hirasaki
Department of Internal Medicine, Shikoku Cancer Center, Matsuyama
Intern Med 43:1120-5. 2004..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the impact of a clinical pathway and standardize the treatment for mucosal gastric carcinoma treated with IT-ESD...
- Complete endoscopic closure of gastrotomy after natural orifice translumenal endoscopic surgery using the NDO PlicatorM F McGee
Department of Surgery, Case Medical Center, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Surg Endosc 22:214-20. 2008..It was theorized that this device may facilitate transgastric natural orifice translumenal endoscopic surgery (NOTES) because closure of the transgastric defect remains a key component for advancement of this new technology...
- Patient outcomes related to percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy placementM J Verhoef
Department of Community Health Sciences and Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, AB, Canada
J Clin Gastroenterol 32:49-53. 2001..Developing strategies to select patients who will benefit from long-term nutritional support could improve patient outcomes...
- Risk factors for bleeding after endoscopic mucosal resectionMasatsugu Shiba
Department of Gastroenterology, Osaka City University Medical School, 1 4 3 Asahi machi, Abeno Ku, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 11:7335-9. 2005..To clarify the risk factors for bleeding after endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR)...
- Intestinal Canal Reconstruction from Video Capsule ImageSTEVEN YI; Fiscal Year: 2005..Conventional endoscopy tests, such as gastroscopy and colonoscopy, are effective for the upper or lower digestive tract, but achieve very limited success in the ..
- AUTOSTEREO FIBERSCOPE FOR 3-D MONITORING OF TUMORSWINSTON HO; Fiscal Year: 1993Visual monitoring of tumor areas using endoscopy, gastroscopy, fiberscopy and other visual approaches is critical for accurate and early diagnoses...
- NCRR Training Grant for Veterinary Students in ResearchMichael Davis; Fiscal Year: 2006..Over a three-year period this program will contribute nine comparative medical scientists with veterinary medical degrees who are well trained in animal-oriented, hypothesis-based research. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- UGI Hemorrhage and Barrett's EpitheliumDennis Jensen; Fiscal Year: 2008..This award will continue to enhance the applicant's research productivity and provide skilled mentoring for young investigators, so they can become independent patient-oriented investigators in digestive diseases. ..
- ANIMAL MODELS OF COLD AIR-INDUCED AIRWAY DISEASEMichael Davis; Fiscal Year: 2004..The investigators will use these same measurements to determine the changes in pulmonary mechanics and airway inflammation in dogs that perform repeated exercise in frigid environments. ..
- Veterinary Comparative Respiratory Society 2008 SymposiumMichael Davis; Fiscal Year: 2008..This symposium will review the current knowledge and practical challenges of these models in order to make them more accessible to the biomedical research community. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Use of Quantitative RT-PCR for Staging Esophageal CancerJames Luketich; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, we believe that this research will answer some very interesting questions about tumor biology and metastasis in esophageal cancer. ..
- Endoscopic Therapy of Early Cancer in Barretts EsophagusKenneth Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Diagnostic and therapeutic techniques developed in this study can be applied to other gastrointestinal tumors. ..
- Surveillance for Hepatocellular Carcinoma among HCV-infected VeteransHashem El Serag; Fiscal Year: 2009..Evaluating the extent and patterns of HCC surveillance is crucial in understanding diffusion (and obstacles) of this practice and in designing interventions to improve the implementation of HCC surveillance. ..
- Biomarkers in Phototherapy of Barrett's EsophagusKenneth K Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will provide an improved understanding regarding the response of Barrett's esophagus to ablation therapy. ..
- MOLECULAR MODELING OF DIAGNOSIS AND PROGNOSIS IN HNSCCMaria Worsham; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Influence of Tumor Immunogenicity to ImmunotherapyJeffrey Norton; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of Growth Inhibition by Helicobacter PylorHassan Ashktorab; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will help to establish how bacteria can increase apoptosis possibly through generation of ROS and in specific circumstances this may alter one's risk of developing cancer. ..
- METHYLATION PROFILING AND RISK OF COLORECTAL CANCERHassan Ashktorab; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will help in the detection and _rofiling of genetic changes in the pathway of CRC in AA. ..
- Gene Expression in Barrett's EsophagusHashem El Serag; Fiscal Year: 2006..We present preliminary data on microarray and RT-PCRanalyses on 5 patients with BE that suggest an overactive Wnt pathway: we have also assembled the essential components of a successful study using microarrays. ..
- BENIGN BREAST DISEASE--MOLECULAR DIFFERENTIATION OF RISKMaria Worsham; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- THE ROLE OF MYCOBACTERIA IN CROHN'S DISEASEDavid Graham; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this study should either confirm or refute the proposed etiologic association of M. paratuberculosis and Crohn's disease as well as the identification of patients with Crohn's disease and M. paratuberculosis. ..
- STUDIES OF BARRETTS ESOPHAGUSGareth Dulai; Fiscal Year: 2005..The applicant has no comparable source of salary for the proposed period of research and training. ..
- Novel Method of Surveillance in Barrett's EsophagusKenneth Wang; Fiscal Year: 2008..This is an innovative method by which a physician can diagnose hidden areas of cancer within patients who are at a high risk of developing esophageal cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Studies on the Stem Cells of the Colonic MucosaRobert Coffey; Fiscal Year: 2007..The identification of unique markers for the colonic stem cell will allow us to enrich for this cell population and undertake transplantation studies. ..
- A NOVEL TECHNIQUE FOR SCREENING BARRETT'S ESOSPHAGUSKenneth Wang; Fiscal Year: 2003..The development of a screening device for Barrett's esophagus that could be operated by paramedical personnel would enable large-scale low cost screening to identify patients at risk for esophageal cancer. ..