Genomes and Genes
Summary: Endoscopic examination, therapy or surgery of the gastrointestinal tract.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications304 found, 100 shown here
- [Two years of mortality and morbidity conferences in a hospital gastrointestinal endoscopy unit]Bernard Denis
Service de Medecine A, Hôpitaux Civils De Colmar
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 27:1100-4. 2003....
- Endoscopic mucosal resection for treatment of early gastric cancerH Ono
Department of Endoscopy and Gastrointestinal Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Gut 48:225-9. 2001..Bleeding and perforation (5%) were two major complications of EMR but there were no treatment related deaths. CONCLUSION: In our experience, EMR allows us to perform less invasive treatment without sacrificing the possibility of cure...
- Propofol sedation for upper gastrointestinal endoscopy in patients with liver cirrhosis as an alternative to midazolam to avoid acute deterioration of minimal encephalopathy: a randomized, controlled studyAndrea Riphaus
Department of Internal Medicine I, Gastroenterology and Interventional Endoscopy, Hospital Siloah, Hannover, Germany
Scand J Gastroenterol 44:1244-51. 2009..The aim of this randomized, controlled study was to assess whether the use of the short-acting propofol as a sedative for GI endoscopy could prevent the exacerbation of minimal HE in patients with liver cirrhosis...
- Fecal calprotectin, lactoferrin, and endoscopic disease activity in monitoring anti-TNF-alpha therapy for Crohn's diseaseTaina Sipponen
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Inflamm Bowel Dis 14:1392-8. 2008..In Crohn's disease (CD), during anti-TNF-alpha (TNF-alpha) treatment, the clinical significance of these markers has, however, been insufficiently explored...
- Improved capsule endoscopy after bowel preparationNing Dai
Division of Gastroenterology, Sir Run Run Shaw Hospital, Clinical Research Institute, Zhejiang University, China
Gastrointest Endosc 61:28-31. 2005..This study examined the effect of bowel preparation on the volume of intestinal content and on small-bowel transit...
- Indications for gastrectomy after incomplete EMR for early gastric cancerHideki Nagano
Department of Surgery, Cancer Institute Hospital, 3 10 6 Ariake, Koto ku, Tokyo 135 8550, Japan
Gastric Cancer 8:149-54. 2005..Although the number of patients with early gastric cancer (EGC) treated by endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR) has increased, the appropriate strategy for treating those with incomplete resection has not been established...
- Inverse background of Helicobacter pylori antibody and pepsinogen in reflux oesophagitis compared with gastric cancer: analysis of 5732 Japanese subjectsY Yamaji
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Gut 49:335-40. 2001..The relationship between Helicobacter pylori and reflux oesophagitis remains controversial...
- Molecular imaging in gastrointestinal endoscopyMartin Goetz
I Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Universitätsmedizin Mainz, Langenbeckstr 1, D 55131 Mainz, Germany
Gastroenterology 138:828-33.e1. 2010Molecular imaging is a rapidly growing new discipline in gastrointestinal endoscopy. It uses the molecular signature of cells for minimally-invasive, targeted imaging of gastrointestinal pathologies...
- Who provides gastrointestinal endoscopy in Canada?R J Hilsden
Department of Medicine and Community Health Sciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 21:843-6. 2007To determine who provides gastrointestinal endoscopy in Canada and to understand provincial and regional differences in endoscopy providers.
- Use of surrogate markers of inflammation and Rome criteria to distinguish organic from nonorganic intestinal diseaseJeremy A Tibble
Department of Medicine, Guy s, Kings, St Thomas Medical School, London, England
Gastroenterology 123:450-60. 2002....
- Sedation for gastrointestinal endoscopy: new practices, new economicsJames Aisenberg
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 100:996-1000. 2005
- Diagnostic performance of rapid tests for detection of fecal calprotectin and lactoferrin and their ability to discriminate inflammatory from irritable bowel syndromeCharlotte M T Otten
Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Clin Chem Lab Med 46:1275-80. 2008..We validated the diagnostic performance of two new fecal rapid tests (FRTs) for the detection of calprotectin and lactoferrin and assessed their potential to differentiate IBD from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)...
- Guidelines on small bowel enteroscopy and capsule endoscopy in adultsR Sidhu
Department of Gastroenterology, P39, P Floor, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Glossop Road, Sheffield S10 2JF, UK
Gut 57:125-36. 2008
- EMR for early gastric cancer in Korea: a multicenter retrospective studyJae J Kim
Department of Medicine, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 66:693-700. 2007..EMR has been accepted as a treatment modality for selected cases of early gastric cancer (EGC) in Japan. However, long-term outcomes after EMR for EGC have not been fully documented...
- Guidelines for conscious sedation and monitoring during gastrointestinal endoscopyJ Patrick Waring
Gastrointest Endosc 58:317-22. 2003..The Standards of Practice Committee of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy prepared this text...
- Crohn's disease activity assessed by fecal calprotectin and lactoferrin: correlation with Crohn's disease activity index and endoscopic findingsTaina Sipponen
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Inflamm Bowel Dis 14:40-6. 2008..We evaluated the clinical significance of these neutrofil-derived proteins in assessment of Crohn's disease activity by comparing them with endoscopic disease activity and with Crohn's disease activity index (CDAI) and serum CRP...
- Identification of factors that influence conscious sedation in gastrointestinal endoscopySun Young Lee
Department of Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 19:536-40. 2004..of this prospective study is to identify the clinical variables of successful conscious sedation during gastrointestinal endoscopy. A total of 300 subjects who underwent gastrointestinal endoscopy were enrolled in a prospective fashion...
- Gastrointestinal endoscopy in the elderly: current issuesKlaus Monkemuller
Department of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectious Diseases, Marienhospital GmbH, Josef Albers Strasse 70, Bottrop, Germany
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 23:821-7. 2009..The aim of this article is to review the role of endoscopy in elderly patients, paying special emphasis on indications, special precautions and specific interventions...
- Resident training in flexible gastrointestinal endoscopy: a review of current issues and optionsJames G Bittner
Department of Surgery, Medical College of Georgia School of Medicine, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
J Surg Educ 64:399-409. 2007
- Gastroesophageal flap valve is associated with gastroesophageal and gastropharyngeal refluxGwang Ha Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Pusan National University College of Medicine, 1 10 Ami dong, Seo Gu, Busan, 602 739, Korea
J Gastroenterol 41:654-61. 2006..The endoscopic grade of the gastroesophageal flap valve (GEFV) is suggested to be a good predictor of reflux status. The aim of this study was to investigate the association of the GEFV and gastroesophageal and gastropharyngeal reflux...
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux symptoms, oesophagitis and Barrett's oesophagus in the general population: the Loiano-Monghidoro studyR M Zagari
Department of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, Bologna University, Policlinico Sant Orsola, Via Massarenti n 9, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Gut 57:1354-9. 2008..This study aimed to evaluate typical symptoms and complications of GORD, and their associated risk factors, in a representative sample of the Italian population...
- Do patients in rural Malawi benefit from upper gastrointestinal endoscopy?Henning Mothes
Department of General, Visceral and Vascular Surgery, Universitatsklinikum Jena, Erlanger Allee 101, 07747 Jena, Germany
Trop Doct 39:73-6. 2009The aim of this study was to evaluate the benefits of upper gastrointestinal endoscopy at central hospital level in Malawi and to draw conclusions from its use in the treatment of patients presenting with dysphagia and dyspepsia to health ..
- The indications, utilization and safety of gastrointestinal endoscopy in an extremely elderly patient cohortG A Clarke
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard University Medical School, Boston, USA
Endoscopy 33:580-4. 2001..We aimed to review the utility and safety of gastrointestinal endoscopy in an extremely elderly cohort...
- Paediatric gastrointestinal endoscopy: experience in a Sudanese university hospitalH M Y Mudawi
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Khartoum, Khartoum, Sudan
East Mediterr Health J 15:1027-31. 2009..Diagnoses included oesophageal varices (16%), gastritis (7%) and hiatus hernia (6%). Indications for lower GI endoscopy included rectal bleeding (87%), diarrhoea (19%) and anaemia (10%)...
- A randomized trial of topical anesthesia comparing lidocaine versus lidocaine plus xylometazoline for unsedated transnasal upper gastrointestinal endoscopyJustin Cheung
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Alberta, Zeidler Ledcor Centre, Edmonton, Alberta
Can J Gastroenterol 24:317-21. 2010..The optimal topical anesthesia regimen for unsedated transnasal endoscopy is unknown. The addition of a nasal decongestant, such as xylometazoline (X), to a topical anesthestic may improve patient comfort...
- Fecal S100A12 and fecal calprotectin as noninvasive markers for inflammatory bowel disease in childrenMarc A Sidler
Department of Gastroenterology, Sydney Children s Hospital, and Schol of Women s and Children s Health, University of New South Wales, Randwick, NSW, Australia
Inflamm Bowel Dis 14:359-66. 2008..The objective was to investigate the utility of fecal S100A12, in comparison to fecal calprotectin and standard inflammatory markers, as a screening marker for IBD in children with gastrointestinal symptoms...
- Applicability and efficacy of qualifying criteria for an appropriate use of diagnostic upper gastrointestinal endoscopyBogdan Kaliszan
Service d Hépato Gastroentérologie et Centre d Endoscopie digestive, CHU Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 30:673-80. 2006Appropriate indication for upper gastrointestinal endoscopy (UGE) may be facilitated by referring to qualifying criteria such as those devised by the European Panel (EPAGE) and French Experts (ANAES)...
- Frequency and clinical outcome of capsule retention during capsule endoscopy for GI bleeding of obscure originDawn M Sears
Division of Gastoenterology, Scott and White Memorial Hospital, Texas A and M Health Sciences Center, Temple, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 60:822-7. 2004..Regional transit abnormality refers to slowed capsule movement during capsule endoscopy. The frequency and clinical outcome of capsule retention and regional transit abnormalities are unknown...
- Endoscopic gastrojejunostomy with survival in a porcine modelSergey V Kantsevoy
Division of Gastronenterology, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 62:287-92. 2005..We have previously reported the feasibility and the safety of an endoscopic transgastric approach to the peritoneal cavity in a porcine model. We now report successful performance of endoscopic gastrojejunostomy with survival...
- Experience of intravenous sedation for pediatric gastrointestinal endoscopy in a large tertiary referral center in a developing countrySomchai Amornyotin
Department of Anesthesiology, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
Paediatr Anaesth 19:784-91. 2009The aim of this study was to evaluate the clinical efficacy of intravenous sedation for pediatric gastrointestinal endoscopy (GIE) at a tertiary care teaching hospital in a developing country.
- Natural orifice translumenal endoscopic surgery: "NOTES"Michael S Kavic
JSLS 10:133-4. 2006
- Complete small-bowel transit in patients undergoing capsule endoscopy: determining factors and improvement with metoclopramideWarwick Selby
AW Morrow Gastroenterology and Liver Centre, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Gastrointest Endosc 61:80-5. 2005..Passage of the capsule endoscope to the colon occurs in only approximately three quarters of patients. This study assessed factors that might influence the completeness of small-bowel transit, including orally administered metoclopramide...
- Value of screening the laryngopharyngeal area during routine upper gastrointestinal endoscopyGottumukkala S Raju
University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0764, USA
Nat Clin Pract Gastroenterol Hepatol 2:22-3. 2005
- Routine coagulation screening in children undergoing gastrointestinal endoscopy does not predict those at risk of bleedingE Giles
Department of Gastroenterology, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom
Endoscopy 38:508-10. 2006Routine coagulation screening prior to gastrointestinal endoscopy is performed in many centres in the UK, despite the lack of any evidence to support the practice...
- Propofol and remifentanil for deep sedation in children undergoing gastrointestinal endoscopyIbrahim Abu-Shahwan
Department of Anesthesiology, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, 401 Smyth Rd, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1H 8L1
Paediatr Anaesth 17:460-3. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the safety and efficacy of a combination of propofol and remifentanil deep sedation in spontaneously breathing children less than 7 years of age undergoing upper and/or lower gastrointestinal endoscopy.
- A biopsy-based quick test in the diagnosis of duodenal hypolactasia in upper gastrointestinal endoscopyM Kuokkanen
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Helsinki, National Public Health Institute, Biomedicum Helsinki, Finland
Endoscopy 38:708-12. 2006....
- Sedation for gastrointestinal endoscopy: the changing landscapeJohn Trummel
Department of Anesthesiology, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 20:359-64. 2007Most patients require sedation for gastrointestinal endoscopy. Moderate sedation for these procedures has traditionally been provided by the endoscopist with benzodiazepine and/or a narcotic...
- Unsedated transnasal versus transoral sedated upper gastrointestinal endoscopy: a one-series prospective study on safety and patient acceptabilityI Stroppa
Gastrointestinal Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Tor Vergata University, Rome, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 40:767-75. 2008..While conventional oesophagogastroduodenoscopy is frequently performed under sedation to improve acceptability, transnasal oesophagogastroduodenoscopy would appear to be less invasive...
- Controlled prospective evaluation of the diagnostic yield of a laryngopharyngeal screening examination during upper gastrointestinal endoscopyB Mullhaupt
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital Zurich, Ramistrasse 100, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Gut 53:1232-4. 2004..9-3.5% of cases. The aim of our study was to prospectively evaluate the positive and negative predictive value of screening the laryngopharyngeal area during routine UGI endoscopy...
- Clinical trial: a randomized, study comparing meperidine (pethidine) and fentanyl in adult gastrointestinal endoscopyD J Robertson
VA Medical Center, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 29:817-23. 2009There is little evidence to guide choice between meperidine (pethidine) and fentanyl for sedation for gastrointestinal endoscopy.
- Minimal standard terminology for gastrointestinal endoscopy - MST 3.0Lars Aabakken
OMED Documentation and Standardisation Committee
Endoscopy 41:727-8. 2009Standardization of the language of gastrointestinal endoscopy is becoming increasingly important on account of international collaboration, standardized documentation requirements, and computer-based reporting...
- Cost-effectiveness of upper gastrointestinal endoscopy according to the appropriateness of the indicationEmilio Di Giulio
Digestive and Liver Disease Unit, Second Medical School, University La Sapienza, Sant Andrea Hospital, Rome, Italy
Scand J Gastroenterol 44:491-8. 2009..The aim of this study was to assess the clinical and economic impact of ASGE and EPAGE guidelines in selecting patients referred for upper endoscopy relative to the detection of gastro-oesophageal cancer...
- Tension pneumoperitoneum following upper gastrointestinal endoscopyTsung Chien Lu
Department of Emergency Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei
J Formos Med Assoc 105:431-3. 2006..Early identification relies on a high index of suspicion. Prompt treatment with needle decompression should not be delayed for confirmatory radiography once the clinical diagnosis is made...
- Agreement between endoscopic and histological gastric atrophy scoresYi Liu
Department of Pathology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, Postbus 22660, 1100 DD, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Gastroenterol 40:123-7. 2005..This study was conducted to investigate the strength of agreement between the endoscopic atrophic border (EAB) and the histological score for atrophy...
- Combined sedation with midazolam/propofol for gastrointestinal endoscopy in elderly patientsAstrid Kerker
Department of Medicine, Gemeinschaftskrankenhaus Bonn, Bonner Talweg 4 6, D 53113 Bonn, Germany
BMC Gastroenterol 10:11. 2010Although gastrointestinal endoscopy with sedation is increasingly performed in elderly patients, data on combined sedation with midazolam/propofol are very limited for this age group.
- Cleaning and disinfection in gastrointestinal endoscopy: current status in RomaniaOvidiu Fratila
2nd Medical Clinic, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, Oradea, Romania
J Gastrointestin Liver Dis 15:89-93. 2006..The GOAL of this paper was to assess the way and the conditions in which endoscopic disinfection is achieved in our country...
- Management of anticoagulation before and after gastrointestinal endoscopyAvelyn Kwok
Department of Gastroenterology, Concord Hospital, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Am J Gastroenterol 104:3085-97; quiz 3098. 2009..This article reviews the current data and guidelines on the management of anticoagulants, antiplatelet agents, use of reversal agents, and the role and risks of concomitant proton pump inhibitors...
- Accuracy of laryngeal examination during upper gastrointestinal endoscopy for premalignancy screening: prospective study in patients with and without reflux symptomsG Cammarota
Dept of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology Unit, Catholic University of Medicine and Surgery, Rome, Italy
Endoscopy 38:376-81. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate the accuracy of laryngeal examinations during routine upper gastrointestinal endoscopy as a method of screening for major laryngeal injury in a series of patients with reflux symptoms.
- Clinical course of subepithelial lesions detected on upper gastrointestinal endoscopyYeun Jung Lim
Center for Health Promotion, Department of Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50, Irwon dong, Gangnam Gu, Seoul 135 710, South Korea
World J Gastroenterol 16:439-44. 2010..To evaluate the natural history of subepithelial lesions...
- Training facilities in gastrointestinal endoscopy: an animal model as an aid to learning endoscopic ultrasoundM S Bhutani
University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555, USA
Endoscopy 38:932-4. 2006..In 1997 and 2000 the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) sponsored hands-on EUS workshops using a live porcine model and participants in these courses ..
- Guidelines for the use of deep sedation and anesthesia for GI endoscopyDouglas O Faigel
Gastrointest Endosc 56:613-7. 2002
- Emerging technologies in upper gastrointestinal endoscopy and celiac diseaseGiovanni Cammarota
Department of Medicine, A Gemelli Hospital, Catholic University of Medicine and Surgery, Rome, Italy
Nat Clin Pract Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:47-56. 2009....
- Appropriateness of upper gastrointestinal endoscopy: a hospital-based studyL Trevisani
Department of Internal Medicine, Arcispedale S. Anna, Ferrara, Italy
Dig Dis Sci 46:2695-9. 2001Aims of this study were to evaluate: (1) whether upper gastrointestinal endoscopy (UGE) is used appropriately according to the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) and British Society of Gastroenterology (BSG) guidelines ..
- Prevalence of endoscopically negative and positive gastroesophageal reflux disease in the JapaneseIkuyo Mishima
Department of Internal Medicine, Masuda Medical Association Hospital, Masuda, and Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Shimane University, School of Medicine, Japan
Scand J Gastroenterol 40:1005-9. 2005..The aim of this study was to investigate the prevalence of GERD, endoscopy-negative GERD (NERD), and erosive GERD in Japan, and the factors influencing disease prevalence...
- [Appropriateness of indications for upper gastrointestinal endoscopy in open-access endoscopy units]A Sánchez-Del Río
Unidad de Aparato Digestivo, HOSPITEN, Tenerife, Spain
Gastroenterol Hepatol 27:119-24. 2004The indication for upper gastrointestinal endoscopy (UGE) by the general practitioner may significantly reduce the waiting time list for the exploration and accelerates the process of taking decisions in patients with upper ..
- Endoscopic band ligation of Dieulafoy-like lesions in the upper gastrointestinal tractN Nikolaidis
Division of Gastroenterology, Second Dept of Internal Medicine, Aristotle University, Hippokration Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Endoscopy 33:754-60. 2001..This study reports on the efficacy and safety of EBL in patients with Dieulafoy-like bleeding lesions in the upper gastrointestinal tract...
- European evidence based consensus on the diagnosis and management of Crohn's disease: definitions and diagnosisE F Stange
John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
Gut 55:i1-15. 2006
- The dawning of a new sedative: propofol in gastrointestinal endoscopyLudwig T Heuss
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Digestion 69:20-6. 2004..Propofol (2,6-diisopropylphenol), a rapid and short-acting anesthetic, initially used in the 1980's for general anesthesia induction and maintenance, is a promising candidate...
- A defoaming agent should be used with pronase premedication to improve visibility in upper gastrointestinal endoscopyC H Kuo
Dept of Internal Medicine, St Martin de Porres Hospital, Chia Yi, Taiwan
Endoscopy 34:531-4. 2002..The study tested whether pronase can improve endoscopic visibility and alter the accuracy of the CLO test for H. pylori detection...
- Efficacy and safety of propofol sedation during urgent upper gastrointestinal endoscopy--a prospective studyNeven Ljubicic
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Sestre Milosrdnice, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 27:189-95. 2003..Almost 93% of patients could not remember the beginning or the end of the intervention. This data demonstrates that sedation with propofol is suitable for use in patients with upper gastrointestinal bleeding undergoing urgent endoscopy...
- Advances in interventional gastrointestinal endoscopy in colon and rectumUwe Seitz
Department of Interdisciplinary Endoscopy, University Hospital Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 18:12-8. 2003..Instrumental and procedural advances particularly in the therapeutic field have been achieved...
- The role of gastrointestinal endoscopy in long-distance runners with gastrointestinal symptomsS C Choi
Department of Gastroenterology, Wonkwang University School of Medicine and Wonkwang Health Science College, Iksan, Korea
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 13:1089-94. 2001..We studied gastrointestinal mucosal damage, using gastrointestinal endoscopy, in competitive long-distance runners...
- Randomized placebo-controlled trial of oral liquid simethicone prior to upper gastrointestinal endoscopyG Bertoni
Department of Digestive Endoscopy, S M Nuova Hospital, Reggio Emilia, Italy
Endoscopy 24:268-70. 1992..In conclusion, pre-procedural oral simethicone should be routinely considered in patients with previous gastric resection. The utility of the drug is less evident in patients with normal gastric anatomy...
- Propofol versus traditional sedative agents for gastrointestinal endoscopy: a meta-analysisMohammed A Qadeer
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 3:1049-56. 2005..Because an adequately powered trial comparing risk of propofol with traditional agents is lacking, we performed a meta-analysis of the current literature...
- Large pedinculated antral hyperplastic gastric polyp traversed the bulbus causing outlet obstruction and iron deficiency anemia: endoscopic removalMurat Alper
Department of Pathology, University of Abant Izzet Baysal, Duzce Medical Faculty, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 9:633-4. 2003..We present here a large (3 cm) hyperplastic gastric polyp prolapsed into duodenum and caused outlet obstruction and iron deficiency anemia in 60 years old male patient. Endoscopic removal was performed successfully...
- Prevalence of respiratory symptoms and diseases associated with gastroesophageal reflux diseaseRichard Roka
First Department of Medicine, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
Digestion 71:92-6. 2005..Investigation of the prevalence of respiratory symptoms and diseases associated with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)...
- Occult gastrointestinal bleedingDon C Rockey
Division of Digestive and Liver Diseases, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, 75390, USA
Gastroenterol Clin North Am 34:699-718. 2005..Both groups of patients are clinically challenging and require a focused and experienced team approach to diagnosis and therapy...
- Can U.S. GI fellowship programs meet American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy recommendations for training in EUS? A survey of U.S. GI fellowship program directorsJaspaul S Azad
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Texas Medical School Houston Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 64:235-241. 2006American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) EUS training and credentialing guidelines exist, but the capability of U.S. GI fellowships to meet these guidelines has not been assessed.
- A randomized trial comparing laryngeal mask airway to endotracheal tube in children undergoing upper gastrointestinal endoscopyVíctor E Fuentes-García
Department of Anesthesia, Hospital Infantil de México Federico G6mez, Mexico DF, Mexico
Acta Biomed 77:90-4. 2006..In conclusion, the LMA was as effective and safe as ET for securing the airway of children undergoing diagnostic upper endoscopies. However, the 3% failure rate occurred with LMA...
- Intraoperative enteroscopy: ten years' experience at a single tertiary centerM Kopacova
2nd Department of Medicine, Charles University in Praha, Faculty of Medicine at Hradec Kralove, University Teaching Hospital, Sokolska 581, Hradec Kralove, 500 05, Czech Republic
Surg Endosc 21:1111-6. 2007..It enables us to investigate the entire small intestine and to treat pathological findings by endoscopic or surgical means at the same time. The investigation is invasive and that is why the proper indication is mandatory...
- Endoscopic measurement of cardia circumference as an indicator of GERDAnn K Seltman
Department of Surgery, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 63:22-31. 2006..Our aims were to validate the software and to quantify cardia circumference along the spectrum of GERD...
- ASGE Technology Status Evaluation Report: wireless capsule endoscopyDaniel S Mishkin
American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 1520 Kensington Road, Ste 202, Oak Brook, IL 60523, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 63:539-45. 2006
- The burden of upper gastrointestinal endoscopy in patients with Barrett's esophagusM E Kruijshaar
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Endoscopy 38:873-8. 2006Patients with Barrett's esophagus are recommended to undergo regular surveillance with upper gastrointestinal endoscopy, an invasive procedure that may cause anxiety, pain, and discomfort...
- Cerebral gas embolism due to upper gastrointestinal endoscopyMark ter Laan
Department of Medical Center Leeuwarden, Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:833-5. 2009Cerebral gas embolism as a result of upper gastrointestinal endoscopy is a rare complication and bares a high morbidity...
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection of early gastric cancerMasaki Tanaka
Division of Endoscopy and Gastrointestinal Oncology, Shizuoka Cancer Center Hospital, Shizuoka, Japan
Digestion 77:23-8. 2008..The endoscopic indications, procedures, complications and treatment outcomes of the ESD of EGC are described in this review...
- Evaluation of patient satisfaction in gastrointestinal endoscopyAntonio Sánchez Del Río
Servicio de Aparato Digestivo, Hospiten Hospital Group, Tenerife, Spain
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:896-900. 2007..The aim of this study was to identify by means of a satisfaction questionnaire the main reasons for dissatisfaction in patients undergoing gastrointestinal endoscopy.
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux, medical resource utilization and upper gastrointestinal endoscopy in patients at risk of oesophageal adenocarcinomaE M van Soest
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 28:137-43. 2008..Early identification of patients at risk of oesophageal adenocarcinoma (OAC) might improve survival...
- Patient anxiety and elective gastrointestinal endoscopyMichael P Jones
Division of Gastroenterology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 38:35-40. 2004..The objective of this study is to evaluate patient anxiety associated with diagnostic, sedated outpatient endoscopy and to correlate endoscopists' estimations of patient anxiety with those of the patient...
- Reliability of the Spanish version of a brief questionnaire on patient satisfaction with gastrointestinal endoscopyA Sanchez del Rio
Unit of Digestive Diseases, Hospiten Group of Hospitals, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 97:554-61. 2005There has not been a validated questionnaire available in Spanish to evaluate patient satisfaction with gastrointestinal endoscopy. Our aim was to evaluate the external validity and internal consistency of the Spanish version of a ..
- Laparoscopic duodenojejunostomy for superior mesenteric artery syndrome: report of a caseJin Bum Jo
Department of Surgery, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 18:213-5. 2008..We herein report on this successful laparoscopic duodenojejunostomy procedure along with a review of the relevant literature...
- [Patient satisfaction in gastrointestinal endoscopy: results of a multicenter study]Antonio Sanchez del Rio
Group of Hospitals Hospiten, Tenerife, Espana
Gastroenterol Hepatol 31:566-71. 2008The aim of this study was to determine the main quality problems perceived by patients in gastrointestinal endoscopy through a satisfaction survey.
- Effectiveness of nurse delivered endoscopy: findings from randomised multi-institution nurse endoscopy trial (MINuET)John Williams
Centre for Health Information, Research and Evaluation, School of Medicine, Swansea University, Swansea SA2 8PP
BMJ 338:b231. 2009To compare the clinical effectiveness of doctors and nurses in undertaking upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy.
- Evaluation of dyspeptic symptoms in patients with and without Helicobacter pylori infection and normal upper gastrointestinal endoscopyL Marzio
G D Annunzio University, Medical Unit, Civil Hospital, Via Fonte Romana 8, 65124 Pescara, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 35:138-42. 2003..A relationship between Helicobacter pylori infection and dyspeptic symptoms has not yet been demonstrated...
- Review article: from gastrin to gastro-oesophageal reflux disease--a century of acid suppressionP Malfertheiner
Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 23:683-90. 2006..The major issue for the future resides within the epidemic of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease. How to diagnose, categorize and treat this condition and how to identify and prevent neoplasia, are the challenges of the new century...
- Diagnostic role of upper gastrointestinal endoscopy in pediatric inflammatory bowel diseaseS P Castellaneta
University Department of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Department of Histopathology, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 39:257-61. 2004..Retrospective studies show upper gastrointestinal endoscopy may be helpful in confirming diagnosis in such cases.
- Propofol-ketamine vs propofol-fentanyl for sedation during pediatric upper gastrointestinal endoscopyZeynep Tosun
Department of Anesthesiology, Erciyes University School of Medicine, Kayseri, Turkey
Paediatr Anaesth 17:983-8. 2007The aim of this study was to compare the clinical efficacy and safety of propofol-ketamine with propofol-fentanyl in pediatric patients undergoing diagnostic upper gastrointestinal endoscopy (UGIE).
- Correlation of faecal calprotectin and lactoferrin with an endoscopic score for Crohn's disease and histological findingsT Sipponen
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 28:1221-9. 2008..Aim To study the correlation of faecal calprotectin and lactoferrin with SES-CD and histology...
- Who follows up patients after PEG tube insertion?Sharon Lowry
Department of Gastroenterology, Belfast City Hospital, Northern Ireland, UK
Ulster Med J 76:88-90. 2007..Community follow-up is often inadequate for patients discharged from hospital following commencement of PEG tube feeding...
- Weight gain after bariatric surgery as a result of a large gastric stoma: endotherapy with sodium morrhuate may prevent the need for surgical revisionMarc F Catalano
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, St Luke s Medical Center, St Francis Hospital, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53219, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 66:240-5. 2007..Complications of bariatric surgery include stomal stenosis and/or ulcer and stomal dilation (secondary to overeating). The latter complication can result in a gain of previously lost weight...
- Deep sedation with propofol for upper gastrointestinal endoscopy in children, administered by specially trained pediatricians: a prospective case series with emphasis on side effectsE Barbi
Dept of Pediatrics, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico IRCCS Burlo Garofolo, University of Trieste, Trieste, Italy
Endoscopy 38:368-75. 2006..The aim of the present study was to assess the safety and efficacy of procedural sedation with propofol for gastroscopy in a pediatric ward with trained personnel and monitoring facilities...
- Natural orifice surgery (NOS) using StomaphyX for repair of gastric leaks after bariatric revisionsWilliam T Overcash
Bariatrics Munroe Regional Medical Center, Ocala, FL 34471, USA
Obes Surg 18:882-5. 2008..The StomaphyX procedures lasted approximately 30 min, were performed without any complications, and resulted in the resolution of the gastric leaks in both patients...
- The outcome of suspected upper gastrointestinal bleeding with 24-hour access to upper gastrointestinal endoscopy: a prospective cohort studyC H Lim
Department of Gastroenterology, Good Hope Hospital, Sutton Coldfield, UK
Endoscopy 38:581-5. 2006..The aim was to evaluate the 30-day mortality after endoscopy for suspected upper gastrointestinal bleed, following the implementation of national audit guidelines at our hospital...
- Prevalence and predictive signs for gastrointestinal lesions in premenopausal women with iron deficiency anemiaDan Carter
Department of Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Dig Dis Sci 53:3138-44. 2008..The reported rates of gastrointestinal (GI) lesions among pre-menopausal women with iron deficiency anemia (IDA) vary considerably...
- Cardiorespiratory changes during upper gastrointestinal endoscopyB B Osinaike
Department of Anaesthesia, LAUTECH Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria
Afr Health Sci 7:115-9. 2007..To determine the changes in oxygen saturation, blood pressure and heart rate during various endoscopic procedures and to find out the risk factors for these changes...
- Quality indicators for gastrointestinal endoscopic procedures: an introductionDouglas O Faigel
ASGE Communications Department, 1520 Kensington Road, Suite 202, Oak Brook, IL 60523, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 63:S3-9. 2006
- Complications of gastrointestinal endoscopyKevin R Palmer
Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Gut 56:456-7. 2007
- The effects of the number of rubber bands placed at each endoscopic session upon variceal outcomes: a prospective, randomized studyFrancisco C Ramirez
Department of Medicine, Gastroenterology Section, Carl T Hayden Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona 85012, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 102:1372-6. 2007..To determine the role of the number of bands placed per session upon patient-related and procedural-related outcomes...
- Preoperative upper gastrointestinal endoscopy in obese patients undergoing bariatric surgery: is it necessary?Alessandro de Moura Almeida
Federal University of Bahia Medical School, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Surg Obes Relat Dis 4:144-9; discussion 150-1. 2008..However, the indication for preoperative upper gastrointestinal endoscopy (UGE) for all patients before bariatric surgery is controversial...
- Images in clinical medicine. Gastric-outlet obstructionLuis M Franco
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
N Engl J Med 356:942. 2007
- The effect of sedation on the quality of upper gastrointestinal endoscopy: an investigator-blinded, randomized study comparing propofol with midazolamA Meining
Medical Department II, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Endoscopy 39:345-9. 2007Sedation with propofol is associated with a high acceptance rate in upper gastrointestinal endoscopy. So far, however, there are no valid data on whether the use of propofol can increase the general quality of the endoscopic examination.
- Open-access upper gastrointestinal endoscopy a decade after the introduction of proton pump inhibitors and helicobacter pylori eradication: a shift in endoscopic findingsLieke A S van Kerkhoven
Department of Gastroenterology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Digestion 75:227-31. 2007..for treatment of patients with dyspepsia are the most prominent: findings at open-access upper gastrointestinal endoscopy have not been evaluated properly ever since...
- Developing Physics-Based Virtual Simulation Technology for Natural Orifice TranslDANIEL BOUGERE JONES; Fiscal Year: 2013..While VR-based simulators exist for both laparoscopic surgery and gastrointestinal endoscopy, none exists for NOTES...
- OPTICAL BIOPSY USING OPTICAL COHERENCE TOMOGRAPHYJames G Fujimoto; Fiscal Year: 2012..If successful, the proposed research will develop and demonstrate new imaging technology which will augment gastrointestinal endoscopy and open the door for improved detection of a wide range of neoplasias.
- Improving Colonoscopy Quality through Automated MonitoringPiet C de Groen; Fiscal Year: 2010..the technology lends itself for rapid adaptation to other endoscopic medical procedures such as upper gastrointestinal endoscopy, cystoscopy, arthroscopy and bronchoscopy...
- Super-Zoom Endoscope (SuZE)MIKHAIL A GUTIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..A broader range of applications is in gastrointestinal endoscopy, gynecologic endoscopy, arthroscopy, neuroendoscopy, ENT endoscopy, pulmonary endoscopy, and vascular ..
- Is small intestinal bacterial overgrowth associated with functional dyspepsia?Henry C Lin; Fiscal Year: 2010..Methodology: We will recruit patients with negative upper gastrointestinal endoscopy and negative 24h pH study who meet the inclusion criteria for FD along with healthy controls...
- Low-cost tethered capsule endoscope for screening for Barrett's esophagusJason Dominitz; Fiscal Year: 2009..Using funding from an American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Career Development Award (CDA), we will test modifications of the TCE in up to 10 subjects in order to ..
- A Primary-Care Based Colorectal Cancer Screening ProgramCynthia Ko; Fiscal Year: 2006..This network uses an electronic medical record and has established referral patterns for gastrointestinal endoscopy services, radiology, and pathology...
- USING AN ENDOSCOPIC DATABASE TO STUDY OUTCOMES OF REFLUXM Fennerty; Fiscal Year: 2000..Outcomes Research Initiative (CORI) database to perform an outcomes study in patients undergoing gastrointestinal endoscopy for symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)...
- INTESTINAL WALL INVESTIGATION BY ENDOSCOPIC ECHO PROBEFRED SILVERSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 1993b>Gastrointestinal endoscopy, although highly useful, is limited because only the mucosal lining of the intestinal wall is seen...
- Method for Quantitative Fluorescence Sensing in TissueMary Ann Mycek; Fiscal Year: 2006..A multidisciplinary team of researchers with expertise in biomedical optics, gastrointestinal endoscopy, and tissue engineering has been assembled to ensure that these goals are achieved...
- ENDOSCOPIC TREATMENT FOR ULCER BLEEDING (USING CORI)David Fleischer; Fiscal Year: 2000..The American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) - Clinical Outcomes Research Initiative (CORI) Project - is a national consortium of ..
- MRI-enhanced Endoscopy with tracking-imaging probesErez Nevo; Fiscal Year: 2003..of the endoscope and is expected to improve the yield of various endoscopic interventions, for example gastrointestinal endoscopy, by replacing open surgery with image-guided, minimally-invasive interventions...
- INFRARED FLUORESCENT GASTROINTESTINAL ENDOSCOPYBRIAN CRAINE; Fiscal Year: 1992..A positive result would suggest that this system could be more sensitive and more cost effective than the presently used fluorescein fluorescent flowmetry...
- Dectection of occult mediastinal lymph node mestastasesMichael Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2007..In the R33 component of the grant application these criteria will be prospectively evaluated and correlated with clinical outcome in a second, larger cohort of patients. ..
- Randomized Trial of EUS Neurolysis in Pancreas CancerMichael Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2006..The primary outcome will be a reduction in pain at 1 month. Secondary outcomes will include the durability of pain control, quality of life, narcotic use and narcotic side effects. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Clinical Approaches to Ileal Pouch DysfunctionBo Shen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The AIMS of study are to 1) investigate visceral hypersensitivity using barostat examination of the pouch; 2) conduct a randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial evaluating the use of amitriptyline in IPS. ..
- Planning Grant for SOD III Multicenter TrialPeter Cotton; Fiscal Year: 2004..This trial will answer several of the important questions raised by the expert panel at the NIH State of the Science of ERCP Conference, held in January. ..
- Anatomic and Mechanical Variables of the EGJ in GERDJohn Pandolfino; Fiscal Year: 2006..These changes will improve diagnostic accuracy of pH monitoring and also help determine the relationship between anatomical and mechanical variants and acid reflux. ..
- Molecular Strategies for Gastric Carcinoid SurgeryIrvin Modlin; Fiscal Year: 2005..A pre-operative determination of the neoplastic ECL cell gene expression relating to gastrin responsiveness will improve the rationale for therapeutic gastric or antral resection. ..
- CatheterScope for Intraluminal Image of Early.NeoplasiaEric Seibel; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular strategies to define carcinoids and rationalize surgical interventionIrvin Modlin; Fiscal Year: 2009..This will provide novel biological information and provide molecular data to identify occult metastasis predict spread and facilitate preemptive appropriate therapy. ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF HEPATIC FIBROSIS AND PORTAL HYPERTENSIONDon C Rockey; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies have direct relevance to human liver disease and will lead to new approaches for the treatment of hepatic fibrosis and portal hypertension as well as other forms of fibrosing injury. ..
- PROSPECTIVE COMPARISON OF COLONIC IMAGING TESTDon Rockey; Fiscal Year: 2001..The information gained from this study is expected to form the basis for national policy and decision making with reward to colonic imaging tests. ..
- Regulation of Stellate Cell ContractilityDon Rockey; Fiscal Year: 2008..Physiologic endpoints will be an important focus. The proposed studies will shed light on the molecular basis of stellate cell contractility and moreover have direct relevance to human liver disease. ..
- Nitric Oxide and the LiverDon Rockey; Fiscal Year: 2003..The dates of the entire AASLD scientific meeting are November 3rd to November 5th. The participants will be invited speakers and attendees of the annual 2002 AASLD meeting. ..
- Pixel-accurate oncologic therapy using a scanning fiber endoscopeEric J Seibel; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Image-guided catheter biopsy of peripheral lung cancerEric Seibel; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Identification of Serum Markers of Liver Fibrogenesis/ Fibrolysis by ProteomicsDetlef Schuppan; Fiscal Year: 2008..Adaptation to the human proteome and prospective validation shall allow noninvasive monitoring of fibrosis progression and regression in patients with liver diseases. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- International Celiac Disease SymposiumPeter Green; Fiscal Year: 2006..Funding is crucial for the success of this meeting that will reshape the future of celiac disease both in this country and around the world. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MOLECULAR DISSECTION OF E. HISTOLYTICA PATHOGENESISWilliam F Stenson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Jr. The name of the principal investigator/programdirector must be provided at the top of each printed page and each continuation page. RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OFCONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page 1 Description, ..
- Novel Confocal Microscope for Molecular/Cellular ImagingThomas Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..7) Collect images from Barrett's epithelium and colonic adenomas during routine endoscopy. ..
- Pilot study on the safety and efficacy of ciprofloxacin for prophylactic preventiHans Herfarth; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Experimentally Validated Mathematical Modeling of Oncolytic Virus InfectionWOLFGANG KORN; Fiscal Year: 2009..However, the results of these studies will be applicable to other types of cancer, thus potentially contribute to improving the treatment outcome for many cancer patients in the future. ..
- Surveillance for Hepatocellular Carcinoma among HCV-infected VeteransHashem El Serag; Fiscal Year: 2009..Evaluating the extent and patterns of HCC surveillance is crucial in understanding diffusion (and obstacles) of this practice and in designing interventions to improve the implementation of HCC surveillance. ..
- Biomarkers in Phototherapy of Barrett's EsophagusKenneth K Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will provide an improved understanding regarding the response of Barrett's esophagus to ablation therapy. ..
- Screening for colortectal cancer in an Asian Community CenterDavid Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2008..This is a new paradigm for screening, which takes advantage of the trust and cultural awareness that exists at the community center and does not rely on the primary care provider. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Peptide Reagents for Detection of Colonic DysplasiaThomas Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Miniature Confocal Theta Flourescence MicroscopeThomas Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Miniaturization to this scale will permit insertion through the uterine cervix or implantation into the cranium of small animal models for studying embryonic development, cell-cell interactions, cell migration, and tumor biology. ..
- Chemoprevention of Duodenal Polyps in FAPJames DiSario; Fiscal Year: 2003..A 5-year study is proposed. The randomized treatment period is 1 year. There will be a 6 month termination phase to include data analysis, manuscript preparation and closure of all study procedures. ..
- CELIAC DISEASE IN OSTEOPOROSISWILLIAM STENSON; Fiscal Year: 2004..At the end of the year of therapy, bone mass indices will be repeated and the response to the therapy of the two groups will be compared. ..
- Indoleamine 23-Dioxygnease in Intestinal InflammationWilliam F Stenson; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long term goal of this project is to determine if there is a role for pharmacologic agents that increase IDO expression in the management of human inflammatory bowel disease. ..
- MUCOSAL T-CELLS IN EARLY&LATE PEDIATRIC CROHN'S DISEASESubra Kugathasan; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Evaluation of Biliary Strictures by IDUS, DIA, and FISHMichael Levy; Fiscal Year: 2005..Significance: The study results have the potential to significantly improve the accurate diagnosis of biliary strictures. Earlier and more definitive diagnosis will translate into improved treatment options. ..
- THE ROLE OF MYCOBACTERIA IN CROHN'S DISEASEDavid Graham; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this study should either confirm or refute the proposed etiologic association of M. paratuberculosis and Crohn's disease as well as the identification of patients with Crohn's disease and M. paratuberculosis. ..
- The Perception of Cancer Risk in Patients with Barrett's EsophagusNicholas Shaheen; Fiscal Year: 2007..The resultant study application will assess health-related quality of life, health-related anxiety and healthcare utilization as outcomes. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Validation of a Novel NF-KB Inhibitor in Murine IBDScott Plevy; Fiscal Year: 2006..If these studies are successful, future studies will be designed to assess the safety of this new compound, and rapidly develop this treatment to evaluate in people with IBD. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Barrett's Esophagus Ablation with Celocoxib TrialCharles Lightdale; Fiscal Year: 2002..Patients will be accrued during the first study year, and will be followed until the last patient enrolled completes one year of treatment. ..
- MEDIATORS OF INFLAMMATION IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASEWILLIAM STENSON; Fiscal Year: 2006..Manipulation of the epithelial response to radiation could lead to agents that protect normal epithelial cells during radiation therapy. ..
- Gene Expression in Barrett's EsophagusHashem El Serag; Fiscal Year: 2006..We present preliminary data on microarray and RT-PCRanalyses on 5 patients with BE that suggest an overactive Wnt pathway: we have also assembled the essential components of a successful study using microarrays. ..
- Epidemiologic Case-control Study of Barrett's EsophagusNicholas Shaheen; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally, by comparing subjects with Barrett's to controls with reflux, and controlling for severs of reflux, the impact of a Barrett's diagnosis on quality of life and psychological stress may be seen. ..
- Human papillomavirus as a risk factor for HIV infectionPETER CHIN HONG; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Endoscopic Therapy of Early Cancer in Barretts EsophagusKenneth Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Diagnostic and therapeutic techniques developed in this study can be applied to other gastrointestinal tumors. ..
- Novel Method of Surveillance in Barrett's EsophagusKenneth Wang; Fiscal Year: 2008..This is an innovative method by which a physician can diagnose hidden areas of cancer within patients who are at a high risk of developing esophageal cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CD36 AND HEPATIC STELLATE CELL ACTIVATIONWILLEM DEVILLIERS; Fiscal Year: 2002..We will determine whether spontaneously hypertensive rats and CD36-deficient mice are resistant to the development of hepatic fibrosis. ..
- Large Database Research for Cancer Prevention & ControlGregory Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Training Program in Academic GastroenterologyGregory Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2006..After that, 1 or 2 subsequent years may be offered to selected trainees, to be supported by other individual or institutional training grants, or grants to which the trainee will apply during his/her official training period. ..
- TRYPSIN, PAR-2 AND THE PAIN OF PANCREATITISPANKAJ PASRICHA; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will provide insight into the underlying mechanism of pancreatic pain that may eventually lead to new and more effective forms of therapy. ..
- MODERATE ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION AND HDLWILLEM DEVILLIERS; Fiscal Year: 2003..This will be done by measuring the bioactivity of paraoxonase and determining the ability of HDL from human subjects exposed to alcohol to protect against macrophage-mediated LDL. ..
- CLAIMS DATA TO MEASURE CANCER SURVEILLANCE PROCEDURESGregory Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..