digestive system endoscopy
Summary: Endoscopic examination, therapy or surgery of the digestive tract.
Publications234 found, 100 shown here
- Endoscopic biliary drainage for biliary obstructionPing Hong Zhou
Department of General Surgery, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 2:598-601. 2003..To improve the successful rate of endoscopic biliary drainage...
- Ingestion of caustic substances by adultsSalim Satar
Emergency Department, Faculty of Medicine, Cukurova University, 01330 Yuregir, Adana, Turkey
Am J Ther 11:258-61. 2004..It is important that efforts should be made to educate the public about the dangers of caustic substances so that their threat may be diminished...
- Hiatal hernia size is the dominant determinant of esophagitis presence and severity in gastroesophageal reflux diseaseM P Jones
Division of Gastroenterology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 96:1711-7. 2001..97, p = 0.0146) as significant predictors of erosive esophagitis. CONCLUSION: Esophagitis severity is best predicted by hiatal hernia size and lower esophageal sphincter pressure. Of these, hiatal hernia size is the strongest predictor...
- Endotracheal intubation for airway protection during endoscopy for severe upper GI hemorrhageStephen J Rudolph
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 57:58-61. 2003..Aspiration of blood may cause significant morbidity during emergent endoscopy for severe upper GI bleeding. Endotracheal intubation is widely performed for airway protection in this setting, but there are few data regarding its efficacy...
- Endoscopy, serology and histology in the diagnosis of coeliac diseaseW Dickey
Department of Gastroenterology, Altnagelvin Hospital, Londonderry, Northern Ireland
Dig Liver Dis 34:172-4. 2002
- Patchy villous atrophy of the duodenum in childhood celiac diseaseMargherita Bonamico
Department of Pediatrics, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 38:204-7. 2004..The authors evaluated the presence and the distribution of villous atrophy in children with celiac disease to see whether this histologic pattern exists in children...
- Staging of biliary carcinoma: cholangiography and cholangioscopyY Nimura
First Department of Surgery, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
Endoscopy 25:76-80. 1993..PTCS offers the additional diagnostic advantage of taking biopsies for the preoperative diagnosis and staging of biliary tract cancer. The morbidity and mortality rates of PTBD and PTCS were 9% and 0%, respectively...
- Erythromycin intravenous bolus infusion in acute upper gastrointestinal bleeding: a randomized, controlled, double-blind trialJean Louis Frossard
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneve, Switzerland
Gastroenterology 123:17-23. 2002..Erythromycin, a motilin agonist, induces gastric emptying. We investigated whether an intravenous bolus infusion of erythromycin would improve the yield of endoscopy in these patients...
- Erythromycin improves the quality of EGD in patients with acute upper GI bleeding: a randomized controlled studyBenoit Coffin
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, AP HP Hôpital Louis Mourier, Colombes Cedex, France
Gastrointest Endosc 56:174-9. 2002..The aim of this study was to assess the effect of erythromycin on the quality of the EGD in patients with acute upper GI bleeding...
- Diagnostic utility of peroral cholangioscopy for various bile-duct lesionsYoshihiro Fukuda
Department of Medicine and Clinical Oncology Graduate School of Medicine Chiba University, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 62:374-82. 2005..We evaluated the utility of peroral cholangioscopy (POCS) for distinguishing malignant from benign biliary disease to cover low sensitivity of tissue sampling...
- Significance of endoscopy in asymptomatic premenopausal women with iron deficiency anemiaDong Il Park
Department of Medicine, Kangbuk Samsung Hospital, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Dig Dis Sci 51:2372-6. 2006....
- Review article: current management of primary sclerosing cholangitisS N Cullen
John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 21:933-48. 2005..In view of the rarity of the disease in the general population, large international collaborations to study PSC are necessary to provide clearer answers in areas of uncertainty, and these are now beginning to emerge...
- Assessment of the diagnostic value of duodenal bulb histology in patients with celiac disease, using multiple biopsy sitesKaushal Kishor Prasad
Division of GE Histopathology and Pediatric Gastroenterology, Department of Superspeciality of Gastroenterology, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, Union Territory, India
J Clin Gastroenterol 43:307-11. 2009..Generally, the duodenal bulb is not considered a useful site for biopsies, owing to some difficulties in histologic evaluation...
- Randomized trial of N-butyl-2-cyanoacrylate compared with injection of hypertonic saline-epinephrine in the endoscopic treatment of bleeding peptic ulcersK J Lee
Dept of Gastroenterology, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, South Korea
Endoscopy 32:505-11. 2000..The aim of this study was to compare the efficacy of N-butyl-2-cyanoacrylate (Histoacryl) and hypertonic saline-epinephrine (HSE) in the endoscopic treatment of major peptic ulcer hemorrhage...
- Effects of percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube placement on gastric antral motility and gastric emptyingHiromi Ono
Division of Internal Medicine, Ohtaki Hospital, Fukui, Japan
J Gastroenterol 38:930-6. 2003..We examined gastric antral myoelectrical activity and gastric emptying before and after PEG tube placement to evaluate the effects of PEG on gastric motility...
- Hyperplastic polyps of the gastric antrum in patients with gastrointestinal blood lossMohammad Al-Haddad
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, 4500 S Pablo Road, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
Dig Dis Sci 52:105-9. 2007..Gastroenterologists should be aware that hyperplastic polyps of the gastric antrum might result in gastrointestinal blood loss and iron deficiency anemia...
- Therapy of anastomotic leaks by means of covered self-expanding metallic stents after esophagogastrectomyJ M Doniec
Clinic for General and Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital, Christian Albrechts University, Kiel, Germany
Endoscopy 35:652-8. 2003..The efficacy of endoscopically placed covered metallic stents for treatment of gastroesophageal leakage was evaluated...
- Usefulness of transpapillary bile duct brushing cytology and forceps biopsy for improved diagnosis in patients with biliary stricturesYasuhiro Kitajima
Department of Internal Medicine and Bioregulation, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:1615-20. 2007....
- [Acute upper gastrointestinal bleeding as initial manifestation of a gastrointestinal stromal tumor]O Zwermann
Abteilung Innere Medizin II, Universitatsklinikum Freiburg
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 129:360-3. 2004..An 80-years-old man was admitted to our clinic because of upper gastrointestinal bleeding with tarry stool for 3 days after taking non steroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAID) for back pain. The history was otherwise unremarkable...
- The utility of upper endoscopy in patients with concomitant upper gastrointestinal bleeding and acute myocardial infarctionSauyu Lin
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Dig Dis Sci 51:2377-83. 2006..In patients without these clinical features, urgent endoscopy may be delayed, unless cardiac management decisions are dependent on endoscopic findings...
- [Prospective study comparing conventional and transnasal esophagogastroduodenoscopy for routine diagnosis]B Krakamp
Medizinische Klinik 1, Kliniken der Stadt Köln, Krankenhaus Merheim
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 129:82-6. 2004..Transnasal gastroscopy (TNG) is the result of ongoing improvements in endoscopic device development. These ultrathin endoscopes are planned to improve patient satisfaction with the endoscopic procedure...
- Videoendoscopy and histopathology of the esophagogastric junction in patients with gastroesophageal reflux diseaseClaudia Ringhofer
University Clinic of Surgery, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 119:283-90. 2007..This prospective study was designed to assess the histopathology of endoscopically visible proximal gastric folds in patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease...
- [Treatment of extra-esophageal variceal bleeding with cyanoacrylate]Gyula Pécsi
Petz Aladár Megyei Oktató Kórház, I Belgyógyászat Gasztroenterológia, Gyor
Orv Hetil 148:503-8. 2007..The aim of the present paper is to describe the intravariceal injection technique using cyanoacrylate and to present the own results and complications observed in conjunction with the haemostatic treatment...
- Is a barium swallow complementary to endoscopy essential in the preoperative assessment of laparoscopic antireflux and hiatal hernia surgery?Georg R Linke
Department of Surgery, Kantonsspital St Gallen, 9007 St, Gallen, Switzerland
Surg Endosc 22:96-100. 2008..The objective of this study was to investigate the effective value of a barium swallow if complementary to the commonly recommended endoscopy before laparoscopic antireflux and hiatal hernia surgery...
- Percutaneous transhepatic choledochoscopic removal of intrahepatic stonesM T Cheung
Department of Surgery, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Gascoigne Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Br J Surg 90:1409-15. 2003..Treatment of hepatolithiasis is complex and difficult. With the advent of biliary endoscopy and radiological intervention, percutaneous choledochoscopic removal of intrahepatic stones has become a well established procedure...
- Analysis of 153 deaths after upper gastrointestinal endoscopy: room for improvement?A M Thompson
Department of Surgery and Molecular Oncology, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 9SY, Scotland, UK
Surg Endosc 18:22-5. 2004..Upper gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy is a widely used procedure that is generally considered to be safe...
- SpyGlass single-operator peroral cholangiopancreatoscopy system for the diagnosis and therapy of bile-duct disorders: a clinical feasibility study (with video)Yang K Chen
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 65:832-41. 2007..With 4-way deflected steering and dedicated irrigation channels, the single-operator SpyGlass peroral cholangiopancreatoscopy system is designed to overcome some of these limitations...
- Antibiotic prophylaxis after endoscopic therapy prevents rebleeding in acute variceal hemorrhage: a randomized trialMing Chih Hou
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, No 201 Sec 2 Shih Pai Road, Taipei, Taiwan 11217, ROC
Hepatology 39:746-53. 2004..In conclusion, antibiotic prophylaxis can prevent infection and rebleeding as well as decrease the amount of blood transfused for patients with acute GEVB following endoscopic treatment...
- Quality of life in GERD patients: medical treatment versus antireflux surgeryRuxandra Ciovica
Department of Surgery, General Hospital Krems, Austria
J Gastrointest Surg 10:934-9. 2006..Nevertheless, the outcome is significantly better following surgery. It can be suggested that surgical treatment may be the more successful therapy in the long-term...
- Push enteroscopy alters management in a majority of patients with obscure gastrointestinal bleedingNam Q Nguyen
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and General Medicine, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:716-21. 2005..The aim of the present paper was to evaluate both the diagnostic yield and the impact of push enteroscopy on the management of patients referred to a tertiary Australian institution...
- Endoscopic biliary drainage by nasobiliary drain or by stent placement in patients with acute cholangitisB C Sharma
Department of Gastroenterology, G B Pant Hospital, New Delhi, India
Endoscopy 37:439-43. 2005..Endoscopic biliary drainage is an established mode of treatment for acute cholangitis. We compared the safety and efficacy of nasobiliary drain (NBD) placement and stent placement for biliary drainage in patients with acute cholangitis...
- Predictive factors of positive findings in patients explored by push enteroscopy for unexplained GI bleedingCeline Lepere
Department of Gastroenterology, European Georges Pompidou Hospital, Paris, France
Gastrointest Endosc 61:709-14. 2005..The diagnostic yield of push enteroscopy (PE) in patients with unexplained overt GI bleeding is about 30%. The aim of this study was to assess for predictive factors of positive findings...
- Acute upper gastrointestinal bleeding in patients on long-term oral anticoagulation therapy: endoscopic findings, clinical management and outcomeKonstantinos C Thomopoulos
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, University of Patras, Patras, Greece
World J Gastroenterol 11:1365-8. 2005..Acute gastrointestinal bleeding is a severe complication in patients receiving long-term oral anticoagulant therapy. The purpose of this study was to describe the causes and clinical outcome of these patients...
- Estimation of the stent placement above the intact sphincter of Oddi against malignant bile duct obstructionNaohito Uchida
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Kagawa University School of Medicine, 1750 1 Ikenobe, Miki cho, Kita gun, Kagawa, 761 0793, Japan
J Gastroenterol 40:291-6. 2005..Stent blockage occurs as a result of bacterial adherence to the inner wall of the stent. We evaluated the stent placement above the intact sphincter of Oddi to retain the function of the sphincter of Oddi as a bacteriological barrier...
- [Abnormal gastrointestinal findings in patients with coronary disease revealed by endoscopy before cardiac surgery]Sarunas Kinduris
Institute for Biomedical Research, Kaunas University of Medicine Hospital, Eiveniu 2, 50009 Kaunas, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 41:482-6. 2005....
- The advancing art and science of endoscopyGary C Vitale
Department of Surgery, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Am J Surg 190:228-33. 2005..General surgeons should rekindle their interest in flexible endoscopy or risk losing entire categories of disease to other specialties or to a small specialized group of endoscopic surgeons...
- Endoscopic stenting versus surgical bypass in advanced malignant distal bile duct obstruction: cost-effectiveness analysisSomkiat Sunpaweravong
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Prince of Songkla University, Songkla, Thailand
Asian J Surg 28:262-5. 2005..Palliative treatment of obstructive jaundice from advanced tumour of the distal bile duct is controversial. The aim of this study was to compare the clinical outcomes and costs between endoscopic stent insertion and surgery...
- Pancreatic juice cytology in the diagnosis of intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm of the pancreas: significance of sampling by peroral pancreatoscopyTaketo Yamaguchi
Department of Medicine and Clinical Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Japan
Cancer 104:2830-6. 2005..The current study was conducted to assess the diagnostic value of pancreatic juice cytology in IPMN and to examine the usefulness of peroral pancreatoscopy (POPS) in sampling pancreatic juice...
- Safety and long-term follow-up of endoscopic snare excision of ampullary adenomasP Katsinelos
Department of Endoscopy, Central Hospital, Ethnikis Aminis 41, T K 54635, Thessaloniki, Greece
Surg Endosc 20:608-13. 2006..The aim of this retrospective study was to evaluate the safety and outcome of endoscopic snare resection of papillary adenomas in a Greek cohort of patients...
- Complications of pancreaticoduodenectomy after neoadjuvant chemoradiation in patients with and without preoperative biliary drainageH Gerke
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3189, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Dig Liver Dis 36:412-8. 2004..It has been suggested that preoperative biliary drainage increases the risk of infectious complications of pancreaticoduodenectomy...
- Metal stent placement in acute malignant colorectal obstructionC Crosta
European Institute of Oncology, Division of Endoscopy corrected Via Ripamonti 435, 20141 Milan, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 38:341-6. 2006..Obstruction is a common complication of advanced colorectal cancer. Stent insertion can reduce the need for emergency surgery and allows chemotherapy to begin immediately...
- [The influence of Barrett's esophagus on the clinical signs and postoperative results of GERD]Z Endzinas
Department of Surgery, Hospital of Kaunas University of Medicine, Lithuania
Zentralbl Chir 129:99-103. 2004..Was to estimate the influence of the Barrett's esophagus on the clinical signs and post-surgical results of the GERD...
- Successful endovascular treatment of bleeding aortoenteric fistula: a case reportMark Shapiro
Division of Vascular Surgery, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 20:817-9. 2006..Endovascular treatment of AEF provides another treatment option that may be particularly valuable in patients whose comorbidities would preclude open repair...
- Endoscopic full-thickness plication for the treatment of GERD: 12-month follow-up for the North American open-label trialDouglas Pleskow
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicne, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 61:643-9. 2005..The aim of this study was to assess the intermediate-term (12-month) safety and efficacy of endoscopic full-thickness plication in patients with symptomatic GERD...
- Antimicrobial susceptibility testing of Helicobacter pylori to selected agents by agar dilution method in Shiraz-IranJ Kohanteb
Department of Medical Microbiology, Shiraz Medical School, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, P O Box 71345 1945, Shiraz, Iran
Indian J Med Microbiol 25:374-7. 2007..To assess the pattern of antimicrobial susceptibility profile of Helicobacter pylori isolates from patients with gastritis, duodenal ulcer (DU) and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) residing in Shiraz, Iran...
- Advanced interventional endoscopyGary C Vitale
Director of Interventional Endoscopy of the Center for Advanced Surgical Technologies, Norton Hospital Surgical Director, Digestive Disease Center, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Curr Probl Surg 39:968-1053. 2002
- Endoscopic full-thickness plication (Plicator) with two serially placed implants improves esophagitis and reduces PPI use and esophageal acid exposureD von Renteln
Medizinische Klinik I, Klinikum Ludwigsburg, Ludwigsburg, Germany
Endoscopy 40:173-8. 2008..In all previous studies, only a single implant was used. The aim of the present pilot study was to determine the safety and efficacy of two serially placed Plicator implants...
- [Intestinal metaplasia at the esophagogastric junction. Prevelence and association in patients undergoing endoscopy]M L de Castro
Servicios de Aparato Digestivo, Hospital Meixoeiro, Vigo, Pontevedra, Spain
Gastroenterol Hepatol 25:487-92. 2002..We studied the prevalence of these conditions and their association with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and Helicobacter pylori infection...
- Endoscopic deployment of multiple JOSTENT SelfX is effective and safe in treatment of malignant hilar biliary stricturesHirofumi Kawamoto
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmaceutical Science, Okayama City, Japan
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:401-8. 2008..We evaluated the efficacy and safety of the endoscopic deployment of multiple JOSTENT SelfX units in patients with hilar biliary strictures treated with or without chemotherapy...
- Endoscopic management of postcholecystectomy bile duct stricturesGary C Vitale
Department of Surgery, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Center for Advanced Surgical Technology, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
J Am Coll Surg 206:918-23; discussion 924-5. 2008..The management of major bile duct injuries has traditionally been by hepaticojejunostomy. Endoscopy has been increasingly used to treat these injuries. This study reviews the senior author's endoscopic treatment of bile duct injuries...
- Endoscopic ablation with cyanoacrylate glue for isolated gastric variceal bleedingH Iwase
Department of Gastroenterology, Nagoya National Hospital, The First Department of Internal Medicine, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 53:585-92. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Endoscopic ablation with cyanoacrylate is an effective and safe procedure for patients with bleeding gastric varices. Determination of variceal anatomy may be useful for improving treatment strategies for such patients...
- Endoscopic management of tumors of the major duodenal papilla: Refined techniques to improve outcome and avoid complicationsD J Desilets
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Maine Medical Center, Portland, Maine, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 54:202-8. 2001..Preresection sphincterotomy, stent placement, elevation by epinephrine injection, and piecemeal resection may reduce complications and permit more aggressive treatment...
- Long-term outcome in patients with benign biliary strictures treated endoscopically with multiple stentsPeter Draganov
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 55:680-6. 2002..The aims of this study were to evaluate the long-term outcome (bile duct patency, complications) of this therapy and to identify predictors of a good outcome...
- Technical modifications and strategies for stenting gastric outlet strictures using esophageal endoprosthesesI Maetani
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Toho University Obashi Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Endoscopy 34:402-6. 2002..In Japan, this procedure is particularly complicated by a lack of enteral stents. We report some technical stratagems for stent placement for gastric outlet strictures...
- Predictive factors of mortality from nonvariceal upper gastrointestinal hemorrhage: a multicenter studyRiccardo Marmo
Division of Gastroenterology, Hospital L Curto, Polla, Via Sottobraida 32, 84037 Sant Arsenio, Italy
Am J Gastroenterol 103:1639-47; quiz 1648. 2008..From an Italian Registry of patients with upper gastrointestinal hemorrhage (UGIH), we assessed the clinical outcomes and explored the roles of clinical, endoscopic, and therapeutic factors on 30-day mortality in a real life setting...
- Histopathology of the endoscopic esophagogastric junction in patients with gastroesophageal reflux diseaseClaudia Ringhofer
University Clinic of Surgery, Medical University Vienna, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 120:350-9. 2008..We compared endoscopy and histopathology of the esophagogastric junction in patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease...
- Expandable metal stents for the palliation of malignant gastroduodenal obstructionR Razzaq
Department of Radiology, South Manchester University Hospital NHS Trust, Nell Lane, Withington, Manchester M20 2LR, UK
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 24:313-8. 2001..A combined endoscopic/fluoroscopic approach allows the most complete assessment of the stricture and removes the need for gastrostomy insertion. Careful assessment of the gastrointestinal tract distal to the lesion is important...
- Endoluminal gastroplication for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease: a 2-year prospective pilot study from TaiwanChien Chung Liao
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Cathay General Hospital, Hsinchu, and School of Medicine, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:398-405. 2008..However, long-term outcomes of ELGP in Asian populations have not been investigated. The aim of this prospective study was to evaluate the long-term benefits of ELGP in Asian patients with GERD...
- ASGE guidelines for the appropriate use of upper endoscopy: association with endoscopic findingsAngelo Rossi
Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Service of Malatesta Novello Hospital, Cesena, Italy
Gastrointest Endosc 56:714-9. 2002....
- Endoscopic intervention for hepatolithiasis associated with sharp angulation of right intrahepatic ductsSanjiv Mahadeva
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Gastrointest Endosc 58:279-82. 2003..Hepatolithiasis (intrahepatic stones) is common in Asian patients. Hepatolithiasis with intrahepatic strictures and sharp ductal angulation poses a particularly difficult management problem...
- Fundal variceal bleeding after correction of portal hypertension in patients with cirrhosisMary E Rinella
Northwestern University Medical School, Division of Hepatology, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 58:122-7. 2003..Methods and Observations: Five patients with cirrhosis evaluated for upper GI hemorrhage from fundal varices underwent upper endoscopy followed by angiography, which documented a spontaneous splenogastrorenal shunt...
- Gastroesophageal reflux as a possible co-promoting factor in the development of the squamous-cell carcinoma of the oral cavity, of the larynx and of the pharynxG Mercante
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Parma
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 57:113-7. 2003..For this reason we consider GER as a possible co-promoting factor of cancer in some patients...
- Analysis of percutaneous transhepatic cholangioscopy-related complications and the risk factors for those complicationsH C Oh
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Songpa Gu, Seoul, Korea
Endoscopy 39:731-6. 2007..The aim of this study was to assess the safety of this procedure, and we systematically analyzed PTC-related complications and the risk factors for those complications...
- Carditis: all Helicobacter pylori or is there a role for gastro-oesophageal reflux?D McNamara
Adelaide and Meath Hospital, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
Scand J Gastroenterol 37:772-7. 2002..We aimed to determine the prevalence of carditis and cardia intestinal metaplasia in dyspeptic subjects and also their association with H. pylori infection and gastro-oesophageal reflux disease...
- Clinical presentation and endoscopic management of Dieulafoy's lesions in an urban community hospitalSrikrishna Nagri
Department of Gastroenterology, Brooklyn Hospital Center, Brooklyn, NY 11201, United States
World J Gastroenterol 13:4333-5. 2007..To identify rates of occurrence, common clinical and endoscopic features, and to review the outcome of endoscopic management of Dieulafoy's lesions in the upper gastrointestinal (GI) tract in an urban community hospital setting...
- A modified percutaneous transhepatic variceal embolization with 2-octyl cyanoacrylate versus endoscopic ligation in esophageal variceal bleeding management: randomized controlled trialChun Qing Zhang
Department of Gastroenterology, Shandong Provincial Hospital, Jinan, Shandong, China
Dig Dis Sci 53:2258-67. 2008..We compared this PTVE with endoscopic band ligation (EVL) in the treatment of esophageal variceal bleeding...
- Endoscopic surveillance and ablative therapy for periampullary adenomasI D Norton
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 96:101-6. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Endoscopic surveillance and ablative therapy of periampullary lesions is safe and can be effective, although eradication of ampullary tissue requires multiple ablative sessions...
- Percutaneous transhepatic cholangioscopic treatment for hepatolithiasis: an evaluation of long-term results and risk factors for recurrenceS K Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 53:318-23. 2001..Several risk factors including severe biliary stricture, advanced biliary cirrhosis and Tsunoda type III and IV affected the long-term results...
- Clinical outcome of simultaneous self-expandable metal stents for palliation of malignant biliary and duodenal obstructionM Kaw
Department of Gastrointestinal Medicine and Nutrition, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Box 436, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Surg Endosc 17:457-61. 2003..We present our experience with the use of simultaneous self-expandable metal stents for palliation of malignant biliary and duodenal obstruction...
- Clinical, endoscopic, and functional studies in 408 patients with Barrett's esophagus, compared to 174 cases of intestinal metaplasia of the cardiaAttila Csendes
Department of Surgery and Pathology, University Hospital, Santiago, Chile
Am J Gastroenterol 97:554-60. 2002..We aimed to compare clinical, endoscopic, histological, and functional features in patients with LSBE, SSBE, and IMC...
- [Outpatient monitoring of oesophageal pH with a catheter-free pH-meter (Bravo System). A Study of tolerance, safety and efficacy]Luisa F Martinez de Haro
Servicio de Cirugia General, Hospital Universitario Virgen de la Arrixaca, El Palmar, Murcia, Espana
Cir Esp 84:201-9. 2008..The objective of this study is to test the tolerance, safety and efficacy of the system in the measurement of gastric-oesophageal reflux by comparing it with a conventional pH system...
- EUS-guided pancreatic cyst brushing: a comparative study in a tertiary referral centreTitus Thomas
Biomedical Research Unit, Nottingham Digestive Diseases Centre and Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, Nottingham, United Kingdom
JOP 11:163-9. 2010..Fluid analysis obtained by EUS guided FNA is used to aid in diagnosis and management of cystic lesions in the pancreas. Complementing fluid aspiration with brushing of cyst wall may increase the cellular yield...
- Endoscopic management of postcholecystectomy bile duct stricturesJuha M Grönroos
J Am Coll Surg 207:786-7; author reply 787. 2008
- Pre-endoscopic screening for Helicobacter pylori and celiac disease in young anemic womenLucy Vannella
Department of Digestive and Liver Disease, Sant Andrea Hospital, Rome, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 15:2748-53. 2009..To evaluate the usefulness of pre-endoscopic serological screening for Helicobacter pylori (H pylori) infection and celiac disease in women aged < 50 years affected by iron-deficiency anemia (IDA)...
- Rare potential pitfall in endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration biopsy in gastric duplication cyst: a case reportBo Wang
Department of Pathology, Creighton University Medical Center, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Acta Cytol 53:219-22. 2009..As endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration biopsy (EUS-FNAB) becomes a preferred and popular procedure, it is imperative for cytopathologists recognize this rare lesion and avoid the diagnostic pitfall...
- Cervical esophageal capillary hemangioma removed by combined and sequential endoscopic ligation and snare polypectomyJ Liu
Department of Gastroenterology, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing, China
Endoscopy 40:E179-80. 2008
- Acid-suppression therapy offers varied laryngopharyngeal and esophageal symptom relief in laryngopharyngeal reflux patientsNobuhiko Oridate
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 53:2033-8. 2008..8 vs. 78.3%, 60 days after the start of acid suppression; P = 0.003). These differences were observed both in patients with erosive esophagitis (P = 0.008) and in H. pylori-seronegative patients (P = 0.001)...
- Transanal endoscopic microsurgery: local recurrence rate following resection of rectal cancerP A Whitehouse
Department of Surgery, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, Surrey, UK
Colorectal Dis 10:187-93. 2008..The aim of this study was to investigate the local recurrence of rectal cancers following local excision by TEM...
- Use of Polyflex stents in treatment of acute esophageal and gastric leaks after bariatric surgeryRoyd Fukumoto
Department of Surgery, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital, New York, New York, USA
Surg Obes Relat Dis 3:68-71; discussion 71-2. 2007..This study examined the feasibility of using Polyflex stents in the treatment of enteric leaks after various bariatric operations. Chronic and acute leaks were treated...
- Small-intestinal Peutz-Jeghers polyps resected by endoscopic polypectomy with double-balloon enteroscopy and removal confirmed by ultrasonographyY Matsumoto
Department of Medicine and Molecular Science, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 51:2337-40. 2006
- Mucin-producing bile duct tumors: radiological-pathological correlation and diagnostic strategyJae Hoon Lim
Department of Radiology and Center for Imaging Science, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50 Ilwon Dong, Gangnam Gu, Seoul, 135 710, Korea
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci 17:223-9. 2010..This review article describes the radiological manifestations of the tumor, based on pathological-radiological correlation and biological behavior...
- Effective treatment of early Barrett's neoplasia with stepwise circumferential and focal ablation using the HALO systemJ J Gondrie
Department of Gastroenterology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Endoscopy 40:370-9. 2008....
- Gastrointestinal complications of dual antiplatelet therapyNeelima G Vallurupalli
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Circulation 113:e655-8. 2006
- Endoscopic and histologic evaluation of advanced megaesophagus after esophagocardioplasty, vagotomy-antrectomy and roux-en-Y gastrojejunostomy (Serra Dória operation)S Morita
Medical School, São José do Rio Preto FAMERP, Sao Jose do Rio Preto, SP, Brazil
Dis Esophagus 18:365-9. 2005..The prevalence of severe esophagitis was high in the non-operated group while, after the Serra Dória operation, mild esophagitis was prevalent...
- Simultaneous multitransgastric drainage for large and noncontagious pancreatic pseudocysts (with video)Tae Hoon Lee
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Soonchunhyang University College of Medicine, Cheonan Hospital, Cheonan, Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 66:1237-8. 2007
- Capsule endoscopy for the evaluation of patients with chronic abdominal painE Bardan
Department of Gastroenterology, Chaim Sheba Medical Center and Tel Aviv University, Sackler School of Medicine, Israel
Endoscopy 35:688-9. 2003..The aim of our study was to determine the role of capsule endoscopy in the evaluation of patients with unexplained chronic abdominal pain...
- Contribution of the gastrointestinal tract below the stomach to the 13C-urea breath testT H Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Far Eastern Memorial Hospital, 21, Nan Ya S Road, Sec 2, Pan Chiao City, Taipei County, 220 Taiwan
Dig Liver Dis 35:537-40. 2003..Graham et al. [Lancet, I (1987) 1174] found a late increase of 13C enrichment in the 13C-urea breath test 120 min after administration of labeled urea to patients without Helicobacter pylori infection. This may give false positive results...
- [Evaluation of endoscopic sphincter of Oddi manometry in patients with biliopancreatic diseases]Junichi Yoshikawa
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Kagoshima University School of Medicine
Nihon Shokakibyo Gakkai Zasshi 101:155-61. 2004..It was thought that endoscopic sphincter of oddi manometry was a useful method of confirming the presence of SOD...
- Guidelines for treatment of severe acute pancreatitisXie Ning Wu
Department of Gastroenterology, Shanghai First Municipal People s Hospital, Shanghai 200080, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 1:446-51. 2002..The treatment regimen and the mechanisms of actions of these drugs were delineated in detail in the tables and figure; the regimen is highly recommended for clinical use...
- Quality of life and surgical outcome after laparoscopic antireflux surgery in the elderly gastroesophageal reflux disease patientT Kamolz
Dept of Surgery, A ö Krankenhaus Zell am See, Austria
Scand J Gastroenterol 36:116-20. 2001..The aim of this prospective study was to evaluate the surgical outcome including quality of life after LARS in patients older than 65 years...
- Endohyperthermia--experimental evaluation of a new therapeutic approach for treatment of biliary carcinomaN Weigert
Dept of Internal Medicine II, Technical University of Munich, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Germany
Endoscopy 32:306-10. 2000..Hyperthermia has been successfully applied as part of multimodal therapy in esophageal and rectal carcinoma. We performed in-vitro and in-vivo experiments with a new intraluminal hyperthermia system in the biliary tract...
- Iatrogenic intestinal injury concomitant to iatrogenic bile duct injury: the second componentMiguel Angel Mercado
Department of Surgery, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion, Salvador Zubiran, Tlalpan, Mexico
Curr Surg 61:380-5. 2004..We analyzed the concomitant intestinal complications in 251 patients with iatrogenic biliary injuries reconstructed over this 12-year period...
- Sinonasal osteocartilaginous necrosis in cocaine abusers: experience in 25 patientsMatteo Trimarchi
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Brescia, Italy
Am J Rhinol 17:33-43. 2003..Cocaine-induced lesions may cause extensive destruction of the osteocartilaginous structures of the nose, sinuses, and palate that mimics the clinical picture of other diseases...
- Genetic testing and phenotype in a large kindred with attenuated familial adenomatous polyposisRandall W Burt
Department of Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, USA
Gastroenterology 127:444-51. 2004..An attenuated form of familial adenomatous polyposis has been described, but the phenotype remains poorly understood...
- [Endoscopic sphincterotomy and endoscopic papillary balloon dilation therapy for choledocholithiasis]Seiyo Ikeda
Nihon Naika Gakkai Zasshi 92:85-91. 2003
- [Infection with Gnathostoma spinigerum as a cause of eosinophilic oesophagitis]I Müller-Stöver
Tropenmedizinische Ambulanz der Klinik für Gastroenterologie, Hepatologie und Infektologie, Universitat Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 129:1973-5. 2004..A 63-year-old man, who had travelled extensively in Asia and had lived in South Africa, presented with increasing dysphagia. Physical examination showed no abnormalities...
- [Endoscopic ultrasonography and pancreatic cystic lesions]Lídia Argüello
Unidad de Endoscopia, Servicio de Medicina Digestiva, Hospital La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 124:266-70. 2005
- Regression of lactose malabsorption in coeliac patients after receiving a gluten-free dietVeronica Ojetti
Internal Medicine Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Scand J Gastroenterol 43:174-7. 2008..Our aim was to evaluate the effect of a gluten-free diet on lactose malabsorption assessed using the hydrogen lactose breath test (LBT) and also the relationship with normalization of duodenal biopsies in coeliac patients...
- Low-dose propofol sedation for diagnostic esophagogastroduodenoscopy: results in 10,662 adultsAkira Horiuchi
Department of Gastroenterology, Showa Inan General Hospital, Komagane, Japan
Am J Gastroenterol 104:1650-5. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of nurse-administered low-dose propofol sedation for diagnostic esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)...
- Role of endoscopy and biopsy in the work up of dyspepsiaG N J Tytgat
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Academic Medical Center, 9 Moibergdreef, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Gut 50:iv13-6. 2002..Although the correlation between mucosal alterations and symptom pattern is difficult, endoscopy will remain the initial investigation of choice for clinically relevant abnormalities that need proper detection and biopsy...
- [Prognostic factors for response to treatment and recurrence of uncomplicated symptomatic gastroesophageal reflux in ambulatory care medicine]Gilles Bommelaer
Service d hépatogastro entérologie, CHU, Boulevard Léon Malfreyt Clermont Ferrand 63
Presse Med 31:1402-6. 2002..To investigate the prognostic factors of symptom resolution or failure and relapse in patients presenting with symptomatic gastroesophageal reflux (GERD) and treated in the usual conditions of primary care...
- Evaluation of Biliary Strictures by IDUS, DIA, and FISHMichael Levy; Fiscal Year: 2005..Significance: The study results have the potential to significantly improve the accurate diagnosis of biliary strictures. Earlier and more definitive diagnosis will translate into improved treatment options. ..
- CORI: Consortium Expansion and Database EnhancementDavid Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Screening for colortectal cancer in an Asian Community CenterDavid Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2008..This is a new paradigm for screening, which takes advantage of the trust and cultural awareness that exists at the community center and does not rely on the primary care provider. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MUCIN GLYCOPROTEINS IN COLON CANCER METASTASISRobert S Bresalier; Fiscal Year: 2010..3) Determine the functional mechanism(s) by which galectin-3 modifies expression of MUC2 in colon cancer cells. ..
- H. PYLORI AND IL-1Beta IN ESOPHAGEAL ONCOGENESISFritz Francois; Fiscal Year: 2008..From these studies, both the microbial contribution and the host genotype contribution to adenocarcinoma risk should be able to be assessed, as well as to begin to define relevant cellular pathways. ..
- SURGERY AND INTESTINAL ADAPTATIONStanley Ashley; Fiscal Year: 2005..We anticipate that the results of these studies will provide a basis for further clinical trials designed to test the therapeutic potential of GLP-2 in human disease. ..
- INCREASING COLORECTAL CANCER SCREENINGRandall Burt; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- REDUCING SERVICE USE IN OLDER PRIMARY CARE PATIENTSJoshua Klapow; Fiscal Year: 2003..2. Obtain training experiences that will facilitate the integration of research findings into the development and evaluation of geriatric primary care delivery systems. ..
- In Vivo Raman Spectroscopy of Barrett's EsophagusLouis Michel Wong Kee Song; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Targeting AKT as a novel therapy in pancreatic cancerRichard Bold; Fiscal Year: 2007..These results will provide mechanistic as well as pre-clinical data in support of our hypothesis and will allow for the development of novel therapy of human pancreatic cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- P53 AND DNA PLOIDY IN BARRETT'S METAPLASIAMamoun Younes; Fiscal Year: 2005..A cost analysis will be then performed to determine whether a molecular based surveillance program would be more cost-effective than current program which is based on morphologic grading of dysplasia. ..
- The Epidemiology of Barrett's Esophagus in ChildrenMark Gilger; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Surveillance for Hepatocellular Carcinoma among HCV-infected VeteransHashem El Serag; Fiscal Year: 2009..Evaluating the extent and patterns of HCC surveillance is crucial in understanding diffusion (and obstacles) of this practice and in designing interventions to improve the implementation of HCC surveillance. ..
- ASGE Imaging Workshop: Next Generation in Endoscopic ImagingGrace Elta; Fiscal Year: 2008..These improved imaging tools have the potential to allow earlier cancer detection and less invasive treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HIGH RISK FAMILIAL COLON CANCER- GENETICS AND PHENOTYPERandall Burt; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Gene Expression in Barrett's EsophagusHashem El Serag; Fiscal Year: 2006..We present preliminary data on microarray and RT-PCRanalyses on 5 patients with BE that suggest an overactive Wnt pathway: we have also assembled the essential components of a successful study using microarrays. ..
- Pimecrolius on T cell Responses in Atopic MarchJonathan Spergel; Fiscal Year: 2008..In third aim of the trial, we explore the effects of pimecrolimus as a disease-modifying agent in the prevention of asthma. Asthma phenotype will be examined by spirometry per and post-beta-2-agonist and exhaled nitric oxide. ..