Genomes and Genes
Summary: A scraping, usually of the interior of a cavity or tract, for removal of new growth or other abnormal tissue, or to obtain material for tissue diagnosis. It is performed with a curet (curette), a spoon-shaped instrument designed for that purpose. (From Stedman, 25th ed & Dorland, 27th ed)
Publications252 found, 100 shown here
- Curettage and cryosurgery for low-grade cartilage tumors is associated with low recurrence and high functionDavid G Mohler
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Stanford University Medical Center, 450 Broadway Street, M C 6342, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:2765-73. 2010..b>Curettage with adjuvant cryosurgery has been proposed as an alternative therapy for Grade 1 chondrosarcomas given the ..
- Outcome of intralesional curettage for low-grade chondrosarcoma of long bonesS A Hanna
Department of Orthopaedic Oncology, London Bone and Soft Tissue Sarcoma Service, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore HA7 4LP, United Kingdom
Eur J Surg Oncol 35:1343-7. 2009..The aim of this study was to assess the oncological and functional outcomes associated with intralesional curettage and cementation of the lesion as a treatment strategy.
- Vitiligo: analysis of grafting versus curettage alone, using melanocyte morphology and reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction for tyrosinase mRNACarlos D Aparecida Dos Santos Machado Filho
Department of Dermatology, Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Santo Andre, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 123:187-91. 2005..distribution and tyrosinase mRNA detection through reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction, in tissue samples of vitiligo, before and after curettage, with or without subsequent autologous skin graft using a new method.
- Surgical treatment of grade I central chondrosarcomaDavide Donati
Musculoskeletal Oncology Department, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, Via Pupilli 1, 40136, Bologna, Italy
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:581-9. 2010....
- Different approaches to caudate lobectomy with "curettage and aspiration" technique using a special instrument PMOD: a report of 76 casesShu You Peng
Department of Surgery, 2nd Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, No 88 Jie Fang Road, Hangzhou 310009, Zhejiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:2169-73. 2003To study different approaches to caudate lobectomy with "curettage and aspiration" technique using Peng's multifunctional operative dissector (PMOD). The surgical procedure of isolated complete caudate lobectomy was specially discussed.
- Prospective trial of curettage and cryosurgery in the management of non-facial, superficial, and minimally invasive basal and squamous cell carcinomaJohann M Peikert
Department of Dermatology, Luther Midelfort, Mayo Health System, Eau Claire, WI 54701, USA
Int J Dermatol 50:1135-8. 2011As a variation of the curettage and destruction technique, cryosurgery can be used in place of electrodesiccation for the destructive component when managing superficial basal and squamous cell carcinomas...
- Aneurysmal bone cyst: a review of 150 patientsHenry J Mankin
Orthopedic Oncology Service, Orthopedic Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:6756-62. 2005..We have reviewed a series of 150 aneurysmal bone cysts treated over the last 20 years...
- A direct comparison of visual inspection, curettage, and epiluminescence microscopy in determining tumor extent before the initial margins are determined for Mohs micrographic surgeryRobert A Guardiano
Mystic Valley Dermatology Associates, Stoneham, Massachusetts 02180, USA
Dermatol Surg 36:1240-4. 2010..Mohs micrographic surgery (MMS) is a tissue-sparing technique for the removal of cutaneous malignancies. There is no standardized procedure for determining tumor extent before taking the initial margins during the first stage of Mohs...
- Curettage of giant congenital melanocytic nevi in neonates: a decade laterLinda E De Raeve
Department of Dermatology, Academic Hospital Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
Arch Dermatol 138:943-7. 2002..For the past 10 years we have treated GCMN by curettage in the neonatal period. We report our experience and results.
- Modified lay-open (incision, curettage, partial lateral wall excision and marsupialization) versus total excision with primary closure in the treatment of chronic sacrococcygeal pilonidal sinus: a prospective, randomized clinical trial with a complete twoRasim Gencosmanoglu
Unit of Surgery, Marmara University Institute of Gastroenterology, Basibuyuk, Maltepe, PK 53, 81532 Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Colorectal Dis 20:415-22. 2005..The aim of this study is to compare the modified lay-open technique with primary closure following excision with respect to operating time, healing time, time before return to work, morbidity rate, and recurrence rate...
- Is sclerotherapy better than intralesional excision for treating aneurysmal bone cysts?Manish Kumar Varshney
Department of Orthopaedics, Lady Harding Medical College and Associated Hospitals, 110001 New Delhi, India
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:1649-59. 2010..Sclerotherapy has been associated with reasonable healing rates during the past two decades. However, it is unclear whether sclerotherapy compares with the more traditional extended curettage and bone grafting.
- Management of chondroblastoma: retrospective review of 28 patientsHakan Atalar
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, Fatih University, Alparslan Turkes Caddesi No 57, 06510, Emek, Ankara, Turkey
J Orthop Sci 12:334-40. 2007..This study retrospectively reviewed 28 patients who presented with chondroblastoma in our hospital during the period March 1986 to February 2006. We investigated factors associated with local recurrence of the tumors after surgery...
- Unicameral bone cysts: comparison of percutaneous curettage, steroid, and autologous bone marrow injectionsFederico Canavese
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Pediatr Orthop 31:50-5. 2011The purpose of this study was to compare the outcome of percutaneous curettage with intralesional injection of methylprednisolone and bone marrow for unicameral bone cysts (UBCs).
- Factors of local recurrence of giant cell tumor of long bone after treatment: plain radiographs, pathology and surgical proceduresKullanuch Chanchairujira
Department of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University Bangkok, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 94:1230-7. 2011..To evaluate the relationship between local recurrence of giant cell tumor (GCT) after surgical treatments and plain radiography, pathology grade and surgical procedures...
- No recurrences in selected patients after curettage with cryotherapy for grade I chondrosarcomasBadio S Souna
Service de Chirurgie Orthopedique et Traumatologique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Rennes, 16 Bd de Bulgarie, BP 90347, 35203, Rennes Cedex 2, France
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:1956-62. 2010..The low aggressiveness of Grade I chondrosarcomas is compatible with conservative surgical treatment...
- Bone defects following curettage do not necessarily need augmentationMartti Hirn
The Oncology Unit, Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Acta Orthop 80:4-8. 2009The natural pattern of bone healing in large bony defects following curettage alone as treatment of benign bone tumors around the knee is not well reported. We analyzed the outcome in 146 patients.
- Percutaneous intramedullary decompression, curettage, and grafting with medical-grade calcium sulfate pellets for unicameral bone cysts in children: a new minimally invasive techniqueJohn P Dormans
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Wood Building, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 25:804-11. 2005..exist for unicameral bone cysts (UBCs), including observation, steroid injection, bone marrow injection, and curettage and bone grafting...
- Aneurysmal bone cystWilliam M Mendenhall
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 29:311-5. 2006..The purpose of this article is to discuss the natural history, treatment, and outcomes for patients with aneurysmal bone cysts (ABC)...
- Local recurrence of giant cell tumor of bone after intralesional treatment with and without adjuvant therapyWolfgang T Becker
Orthopädische Klinik Volmarstein, Universitat Witten Herdecke, Wetter, Germany
J Bone Joint Surg Am 90:1060-7. 2008The use of adjuvants after curettage has been well established for the treatment of giant cell tumor of bone...
- Intralesional curettage for grades II and III giant cell tumors of boneRichard D Lackman
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19106 6192, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 438:123-7. 2005..if there was a difference in local recurrence rates of Grade II and III lesions treated with intralesional curettage, burring, phenol cauterization, and polymethylmethacrylate application...
- Recurrent giant cell tumor of long bones: analysis of surgical managementFrank M Klenke
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 469:1181-7. 2011Treatment of giant cell tumor of bone (GCT) often is complicated by local recurrence. Intralesional curettage is the standard of care for primary GCTs...
- An open-label, pilot study examining the efficacy of curettage followed by imiquimod 5% cream for the treatment of primary nodular basal cell carcinomaJason K Wu
Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba, Queensland, Australia
Australas J Dermatol 47:46-8. 2006..This study investigated its efficacy following curettage (without electrodesiccation) for the treatment of primary nodular basal cell carcinoma on the trunk and limbs...
- Bilateral seroma after suction-curettage for axillary hyperhidrosis in a transaxillary breast-augmented patientF G Bechara
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany
Dermatol Surg 33:731-3. 2007
- Repeat liposuction-curettage treatment of axillary hyperhidrosis is safe and effectiveF G Bechara
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, Ruhr University Bochum, Gudrunstrasse 56, 44791 Bochum, Germany
Br J Dermatol 157:739-43. 2007Liposuction-curettage (LC) is an effective surgical therapy option for axillary hyperhidrosis, with less scarring compared with radical excision of axillary skin...
- Liposuction curettage for axillary hyperhidrosis: enhancing success rates and quantifying its efficacyF G Bechara
Dermatology 215:268-9. 2007
- Letter: hyfrecation and curettage as a treatment for fibrofolliculomas in Birt-Hogg-Dube syndromePaul B J Farrant
Dermatol Surg 33:1287-8. 2007
- Treatment of a solitary calcaneal cyst with endoscopic curettage and percutaneous injection of calcium phosphate cementDidier Mainard
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University Hospital of Nancy, Central Hospital, Nancy Cedex, France
J Foot Ankle Surg 45:436-40. 2006..Plain radiographs and computerized tomography revealed a solitary cyst of the calcaneus. Endoscopic curettage of the lesion and endoscopically assisted filling of the lesion with calcium phosphate bone cement injected ..
- Alternative surgical treatment for giant-cell reparative granuloma in the metacarpal, using phenol and ethanol adjuvant therapyTatsuya Yoshida
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Hand Surg Am 32:887-92. 2007..Treatment usually involves wide resection or amputation because of unacceptable high recurrence rates after curettage. Adjuvant therapy usually is applied to reduce the recurrence of locally aggressive bone tumors...
- Tumescent superficial liposuction with curettage for treatment of axillary bromhidrosisS H Seo
Department of Dermatology, Pusan National University School of Medicine, Seo Gu, Busan, South Korea
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 22:30-5. 2008..Currently, local surgery is the treatment of choice among various non-surgical and surgical treatment...
- Treatment of perianal condyloma acuminate with topical ALA-PDT combined with curettage: outcome and safetyYuan gang Lu
Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Department, Research Institute of Surgery, Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Photomed Laser Surg 30:186-90. 2012The purpose of this study was to evaluate the treatment outcome and safety of topical photodynamic therapy (PDT) with aminolevulinic acid (5-ALA) combined with surgical curettage for perianal condyloma acuminata.
- Chondroblastoma of bone: long-term results and functional outcome after intralesional curettageR Suneja
The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital Oncology Service, Bristol Road South, Birmingham B31 2AP, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 87:974-8. 2005..this retrospective study to determine the rate of recurrence and functional outcome after intralesional curettage for chondroblastoma of bone. The factors associated with aggressive behaviour of the tumour were also analysed...
- Tumescent suction curettage versus minimal skin resection with subcutaneous curettage of sweat glands in axillary hyperhidrosisUwe Wollina
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, Hospital Dresden Friedrichstadt, Academic Teaching Hospital of the Technical University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Dermatol Surg 34:709-16. 2008..Axillary hyperhidrosis is a common problem with a strong negative impact on professional and social life. Various types of surgical procedures have been developed for its treatment...
- [Comparative study of manual vacuum aspiration and uterine curettage for treatment of abortion]Pedro Paulo Pereira
Clínica Obstétrica do Hospital das Clínicas da Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de São Paulo, Av Dr Eneas de Carvalho Aguiar 255, ICHC, 10 o andar, Cerqueira Cesar, Sao Paulo, SP
Rev Assoc Med Bras 52:304-7. 2006To compare manual vacuum aspiration (MVA) and uterine curettage (D and C) for first trimester abortions, in terms of the efficiency of eliminating ovular remnants, frequency of complications, duration of the procedure, and duration of ..
- Giant cell tumor of bone: treatment and outcome of 214 casesMaurice Balke
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 134:969-78. 2008..Two hundred and fourteen patients with benign giant cell tumor of bone (GCTB), treated from 1980 to 2007 at the Department of Orthopedics of the University of Muenster (Germany), were analyzed in a retrospective study...
- Suction-curettage with combination of two different cannulae in the treatment of axillary osmidrosis and hyperhidrosisW O Kim
Department of Anaesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Anaesthesia and Pain Research Institute, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 22:1083-8. 2008To investigate the efficacy and safety of suction-curettage with a combination of two different cannulae for treatment of axillary osmidrosis and hyperhidrosis.
- Aggressive shaving after combined liposuction and curettage for axillary hyperhidrosis leads to more complications without further benefitFalk G Bechara
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Dermatol Surg 34:952-3. 2008
- Long-term results of intralesional curettage and cryosurgery for treatment of low-grade chondrosarcomaMorteza Meftah
Washington Cancer Institute, Washington Hospital Center, Georgetown University, 110 Irving Street N W, Room CI 2158, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 95:1358-64. 2013Data regarding outcomes following intralesional curettage and cryosurgical treatment of low-grade chondrosarcoma of bone are limited...
- Effect of quilting sutures on hematoma formation after liposuction with dermal curettage for treatment of axillary hyperhidrosis: a randomized clinical trialNark Kyoung Rho
Leaders Clinic, Seoul, Korea
Dermatol Surg 34:1010-5. 2008Liposuction provides further reduction of axillary sweating and malodor when combined with dermal curettage with sharp rasping cannulas...
- Tumescent liposuction with dermal curettage for treatment of axillary osmidrosis and hyperhidrosisFalk G Bechara
Dermatol Surg 33:125. 2007
- Five-year results of curettage-cryosurgery for 100 consecutive auricular non-melanoma skin cancersPeter Nordin
Departments of Dermatology, Frölunda Specialist Hospital and Lundby Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
J Laryngol Otol 116:893-8. 2002..This five-year follow-up attempts to evaluate whether curettage-cryosurgery could be an alternative therapy for selected auricular NMSCs...
- Gravimetrically controlled efficacy of subcorial curettage: a prospective study for treatment of axillary hyperhidrosisT M Proebstle
Department of Dermatology, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Dermatol Surg 28:1022-6. 2002..Botulinum toxin A (BTX-A) proved to be effective for the treatment of axillary hyperhidrosis by means of gravimetry. Quantitatively controlled studies for surgical treatment are lacking so far...
- Risk of cervical precancer and cancer in women with cervical intraepithelial neoplasia grade 1 on endocervical curettageEmily Fukuchi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kaiser Permanente, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Low Genit Tract Dis 17:255-60. 2013This study aimed to characterize the 24-month risk of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia grade 2 or worse (CIN 2+) and grade 3 or worse (CIN 3+) in women with low-risk cytological finding and CIN 1 on endocervical curettage (ECC).
- Aneurysmal bone cysts of the distal fibula in children: long-term results of curettage and resection in nine patientsM Lampasi
Department of Paediatric, Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Via Pupilli 1, 40136 Bologna, Italy
J Bone Joint Surg Br 89:1356-62. 2007..Moderate fibular shortening was evident in one patient. In six patients curettage was performed, using phenol as adjuvant in three. Three with juxtaphyseal lesions underwent resection...
- Controversies in skin surgery: electrodessication and curettage versus excision for low-risk, small, well-differentiated squamous cell carcinomasMatthew J Reschly
North Atlanta Dermatology, Duluth, GA, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 9:773-6. 2010Electrodesiccation and curettage (ED&C) of low-risk, cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) generally consumes less time and resources than excision...
- Treatment of dermatosis papulosa nigra in 10 patients: a comparison trial of electrodesiccation, pulsed dye laser, and curettageMiki S Garcia
Department of Dermatology, University of California, Sacramento, CA, USA
Dermatol Surg 36:1968-72. 2010Dermatosis papulosa nigra (DPN) is a common variant of seborrheic keratoses in darkly pigmented individuals. Treatment options include cryosurgery, curettage, electrosurgery, and shave removal.
- Recurrence after treatment of nonmelanoma skin cancer: a prospective cohort studyMary Margaret Chren
Health Services Research and Development Service, Department of Veterans Affairs, San Francisco VA Medical Center 151R, 4150 Clement St, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Arch Dermatol 147:540-6. 2011..To determine long-term tumor recurrence rates after treatment of primary nonmelanoma skin cancer (NMSC). Data are currently insufficient to permit evidence-based choices among treatments for NMSC...
- Uterine arteriovenous malformations induced after diagnostic curettage: a systematic reviewPanagiotis Peitsidis
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Royal Free Hospital, University College Pond Street, NW3 2Q London, UK
Arch Gynecol Obstet 284:1137-51. 2011..the available literature reporting iatrogenic acquired arteriovenous malformation (AVM) induced after diagnostic curettage and to describe a further case of a 34-year-old woman presenting with acute vaginal bleeding due to AVM induced ..
- Hysteroscopic management of residual trophoblastic tissue is superior to ultrasound-guided curettageDaniel T Rein
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Duesseldorf Medical Center, Duesseldorf, Germany
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 18:774-8. 2011....
- Low-grade chondrosarcoma of long bones treated with intralesional curettage followed by application of phenol, ethanol, and bone-graftingSuzan H M Verdegaal
Department of Orthopedics, Leiden University Medical Center, J11 70, P O Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
J Bone Joint Surg Am 94:1201-7. 2012A common treatment of low-grade cartilaginous lesions of bone is intralesional curettage with local adjuvant therapy...
- Is the treatment of enchondroma in the hand by simple curettage a rewarding method?P Tordai
Department of Hand Surgery and Radiology, Sabbatsberg Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Hand Surg Br 15:331-4. 199046 enchondromata of the hand have been treated by simple curettage without bone grafting. 82% healed and 16% were left with only small bone defects. Only one patient had a clear-cut recurrence requiring re-operation...
- Subcutaneous curettage vs. injection of botulinum toxin A for treatment of axillary hyperhidrosisR Rompel
Department of Dermatology, Klinikum Kassel, Germany
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 15:207-11. 2001..Subcutaneous sweat gland curettage of the axillae is one of the proven surgical modalities...
- Comparative treatment of giant congenital melanocytic nevi with curettage or Er:YAG laser ablation alone versus with cultured epithelial autograftsKyu Kwang Whang
Department of Dermatology, Ewha Woman s University, Seoul, Korea
Dermatol Surg 31:1660-7. 2005Treatment options for congenital melanocytic nevi (CMN) include complete surgical excision, dermabrasion, curettage, and laser therapy...
- Comparison of oral nonsteroidal analgesic and intrauterine local anesthetic for pain relief in uterine fractional curettage: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialOlus Api
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dr Lutfi Kirdar Kartal Teaching and Research Hospital, Acelya Sok No 12 2, Dragos Kartal, Istanbul, Turkey
Am J Obstet Gynecol 203:28.e1-7. 2010We sought to investigate the analgesic efficacy of oral dexketoprofen trometamol and intrauterine lidocaine in patients undergoing fractional curettage.
- Re: Botox for a lifetime or tumescent axillary liposuction and curettage: onceLowrence M Field
Dermatol Surg 29:793-4. 2003
- Tumescent liposuction with dermal curettage for treatment of axillary osmidrosis and hyperhidrosisDeborah Lee
Department of Dermatology, Busan Paik Foundation Hospital, Inje University Medical College, Busan, Korea
Dermatol Surg 32:505-11; discussion 511. 2006..Various treatment methods have been developed for removal of the apocrine and eccrine glands. But conventional surgical methods often lead to significant scarring and frequent recurrence...
- Concurrent endometrial carcinoma in patients with a curettage diagnosis of endometrial hyperplasiaYu li Chen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 108:502-7. 2009..Our aim was to examine the risk factors for coexisting endometrial carcinoma in patients with endometrial hyperplasia...
- Soft tissue extension increases the risk of local recurrence after curettage with adjuvants for giant-cell tumor of the long bonesL van der Heijden
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Acta Orthop 83:401-5. 2012..The aim of the study was the identification of individual risk factors after curettage with adjuvants in GCTB.
- Does the addition of cement improve the rate of local recurrence after curettage of giant cell tumours in bone?C L Gaston
Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Bristol Road South, Northfield, Birmingham B31 2AP, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 93:1665-9. 2011We retrospectively compared the outcome after the treatment of giant cell tumours of bone either with curettage alone or with adjuvant cementation...
- Factors associated with recurrence of primary aneurysmal bone cysts: is argon beam coagulation an effective adjuvant treatment?Robert J Steffner
University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 93:e1221-9. 2011....
- Aneurysmal bone cysts recur at juxtaphyseal locations in skeletally immature patientsPatrick P Lin
Department of Orthopaedic Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77230, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 466:722-8. 2008..All patients had primary disease, and all patients underwent curettage of the lesion. Ten patients (18.9%) had local recurrence...
- Curettage of biopsy-diagnosed grade 1 periacetabular chondrosarcomaAnne N Normand
Department of Orthopaedic Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 459:146-9. 2007..The final histology after curettage indicated Grade 1 chondrosarcoma in five patients, Grade 2 in two, and dedifferentiated chondrosarcoma in one...
- Progressive valgus deformity after curettage of benign lesions of the proximal tibiaRobert K Heck
University of Tennessee, Campbell Clinic and InMotion Musculoskeletal Institute, Memphis, TN, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 28:757-60. 2008..We performed a retrospective study to evaluate the occurrence of progressive tibia valga after curettage of benign bone lesions of the tibia.
- Periapical curettage: an alternative surgical approach to infected mandibular cheek teeth in horsesJames L Carmalt
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, 52 Campus Drive, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada S7N 5B4
Vet Surg 33:267-71. 2004..To evaluate an alternative surgical method for treating periapical infection of the mandibular cheek teeth of horses...
- Treatment of chondroblastoma of the calcaneus with a secondary aneurysmal bone cyst using endoscopic curettage without bone graftingTakanobu Otsuka
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Nagoya City University Medical School, Nagoya City, Japan
Arthroscopy 18:430-5. 2002..of a chondroblastoma in the calcaneus with a secondary aneurysmal bone cyst treated successfully by endoscopic curettage without bone grafting. New bone formation is facilitated by minimal damage to the bone and soft tissue...
- Treatment of primary miliary osteoma cutis with incision, curettage, and primary closureJ F Altman
Dermatology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, NewYork, NY, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 44:96-9. 2001..CONCLUSION: This surgical technique offers a simple but effective method for removal of multiple bony fragments in primary miliary osteoma cutis with minimal side effects...
- Clinical and radiological long-term results after operative treatment of chondroblastomaBurkhard Lehner
Division of Orthopedic Oncology and Septic Surgery, Stiftung Orthopädische Universitätsklinik Heidelberg, Schlierbacher Landstrasse 200a, 69118 Heidelberg, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 131:45-52. 2011..The aim of this study was the investigation of radiological and clinical long-term results after surgery for chondroblastoma in a single orthopedic oncological center...
- Oncologic impact of the curettage of grade 2 central chondrosarcoma of the extremityWan Hyeong Cho
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Korea Cancer Center Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Ann Surg Oncol 18:3755-61. 2011Wide excision is considered the standard treatment for high-grade chondrosarcoma, but little is known regarding the effect of curettage on patient outcome in grade 2 chondrosarcoma.
- Chondroblastoma of the talus treated with osteochondral autograft transfer from the lateral femoral condyleAllen F Anderson
The Lipscomb Foundation for Research and Education, Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance, Nashville, TN 37205, USA
Foot Ankle Int 24:283-7. 2003..This case is presented as a representative example of osteochondral autograft transfer surgery (OATS) for the treatment of chondroblastoma...
- Curettage and graft alleviates athletic-limiting pain in benign lytic bone lesionsVincent M Moretti
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pennsylvania, Garfield Duncan Building, Suite 2C, 301 S 8th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 6192, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 469:283-8. 2011..We present a series of lesions that caused performance-limiting pain in young athletes, a symptom phenomenon and possible treatment indication that has been poorly described in the literature...
- Morbidity that is associated with curettage for the management of spontaneous and induced abortion in women who are infected with HIVGretchen S Stuart
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Tex 75390 9032, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:993-7. 2004The purpose of this study was to determine the morbidity that is associated with curettage for the management of abortions in women who were infected with human immunodeficiency virus compared with women who were not infected with human ..
- Detection of cervical cancer and its precursors by endocervical curettage in 13,115 colposcopically guided biopsy examinationsJulia C Gage
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 6120 Executive Boulevard, Rockville, MD 20892, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 203:481.e1-9. 2010Endocervical curettage (ECC) specimens obtained during colposcopy can detect cervical cancer and precursors otherwise missed by biopsy alone, but the procedure can be painful and reduce compliance with needed follow-up...
- Argon beam coagulation as adjuvant treatment after curettage of aneurysmal bone cysts: a preliminary studyJudd E Cummings
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Tennessee Campbell Clinic, 1211 Union Avenue, Suite 510, Memphis, TN 38104, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:231-7. 2010The optimal treatment of aneurysmal bone cysts remains an area of debate. Curettage, with or without adjuvant therapy, has been advocated for tumors in most locations...
- Recurrence rates of primary basal cell carcinoma in facial risk areas treated with curettage and electrodesiccationTomas Rodriguez-Vigil
Department of Dermatology, Asturias Central University Hospital, University of Oviedo, Spain
J Am Acad Dermatol 56:91-5. 2007The incidence of basal cell carcinoma (BCC) is increasing. Curettage and electrodesiccation (CE) are not recommended for BCC treatment at medium- and high-risk facial sites. Surgical excision has been proposed as the treatment of choice.
- Curettage, electrosurgery and skin cancerA T Sheridan
Department of Dermatology, Oxford Radcliffe Hospital, United Kingdom
Australas J Dermatol 41:19-30. 2000The scientific literature is replete with reports extolling the virtues of curettage and electrosurgery in the treatment of skin disease...
- Thin unresponsive endometrium--a possible complication of surgical curettage compromising ART outcomeYoel Shufaro
IVF Unit, The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hadassah University Hospital, Ein Kerem, Jerusalem, Israel
J Assist Reprod Genet 25:421-5. 2008..Endometrial thickness is important for implantation. Little data addresses the etiology of persistently thin endometrium. We present a patient cohort in order to define common features and draw conclusions...
- Endoscopic-assisted versus curettage adenoidectomy: a prospective, randomized, double-blind study with objective outcome measuresMurat Songu
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Izmir Ataturk Research and Training Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Laryngoscope 120:1895-9. 2010To establish whether there is both objectively and subjectively improved recovery in children receiving endoscopic-assisted adenoidectomy, compared with children receiving curettage adenoidectomy.
- Rigid endoscopic evaluation of conventional curettage adenoidectomyD Regmi
Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, B P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan, Nepal
J Laryngol Otol 125:53-8. 2011To evaluate the results of conventional adenoidectomy, using rigid endoscopy of the nasopharynx, and to establish the role of such evaluation in facilitating complete adenoid removal via the curettage technique.
- Curettage prior to Mohs' micrographic surgery for previously biopsied nonmelanoma skin cancers: what are we curetting? Retrospective, prospective, and comparative studyMing H Jih
DermSurgery Associates, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Dermatol Surg 31:10-5. 2005b>Curettage prior to excision and Mohs' micrographic surgery for nonmelanoma skin cancer is performed based on the assumption that the curette will remove softer, more friable tumor-infiltrated dermis and leave structurally intact normal ..
- Late sarcoma development after curettage and bone grafting of benign bone tumorsPiero Picci
Bone Tumor Center, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy
Eur J Radiol 77:19-25. 2011..Rarely sarcomas develop in previous benign lesions, after a long term disease free interval. We report the experience on these rare cases observed at a single Institution...
- The current status of curettage and electrodesiccationGlenn Goldman
Department of Dermatology, Fletcher Allen Health Center, 1 South Prospect Street, Burlington, VT 05495, USA
Dermatol Clin 20:569-78, ix. 2002b>Curettage and electrodesiccation (CE) is a technique widely used in the destruction of benign and selected malignant cutaneous neoplasms...
- Prospective follow-up after curettage-cryosurgery for scalp and face skin cancersB Lindemalm-Lundstam
Department of Dermatology, University of Gothenburg, S 421 22 Västra Frölunda Gothenburg, Sweden
Br J Dermatol 161:568-76. 2009..Cryosurgery (CS) in the treatment of nonmelanoma skin cancers (NMSCs), especially in the face and on the scalp, has several advantages vs. other methods. Prospectively gathered long-term results after CS are, however, scarce...
- Comparison of cryotherapy and curettage for the treatment of pyogenic granuloma: a randomized trialS Z Ghodsi
Department of Dermatology, Razi Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Vahdat Eslami Street, 11996 Tehran, Iran
Br J Dermatol 154:671-5. 2006..Pyogenic granuloma is a benign vascular lesion of the skin and mucous membranes. Many different treatments have been used, with variable success rates...
- Use of pubic symphysis curettage for treatment-resistant osteitis pubis in athletesRoss Radic
Perth Orthopaedic and Sports Medical Centre, West Perth, Australia
Am J Sports Med 36:122-8. 2008..There is no evidence to conclusively support any treatment modality. Recovery with nonoperative management can take an extended period of time, often unsatisfactory for professional athletes...
- Giant-cell tumors of bone: an analysis of 87 casesYu Ping Su
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Veterans General Hospital, 201, Sec 2, Shih Pai Road, 112, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Int Orthop 28:239-43. 2004..The mean follow-up was 62 (28-138) months. Fifty-six lesions were treated with intralesional curettage with adjunctive phenol treatment and reconstructed with autograft and allograft...
- Treatment of basal cell carcinoma with curettage aloneJames O Barlow
Department of Dermatology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona 85259, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 54:1039-45. 2006Although curettage and electrodesiccation (C&E) is widely used to treat basal cell carcinoma, whether electrodesiccation improves outcome is unknown.
- Percutaneous CT-guided curettage of osteoid osteoma with histological confirmation: a retrospective study and review of the literatureItay Fenichel
Orthopaedics, Tel Hashomer Hospital, Ramat Gan, Israel
Int Orthop 30:139-42. 2006..The use of a cannulated drill and a cannulated curette facilitates efficient removal of the tumour and procurement of tissue for diagnosis...
- Ultrasonic bone curettage for optic canal unroofing and anterior clinoidectomy. Technical noteHan Soo Chang
Department of Neurological Surgery, Aichi Medical University, Aichi, Japan
J Neurosurg 104:621-4. 2006..The ultrasonic bone curette makes the unroofing of the optic canal safer and easier, possibly improving the visual outcome of patients undergoing surgery for parasellar tumors...
- Osteitis pubis in professional soccer players: a report of outcome with symphyseal curettage in cases refractory to conservative managementKevin J Mulhall
Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital, Finglas, Dublin, Ireland
Clin J Sport Med 12:179-81. 2002
- Treatment options for recurrent giant cell tumors of boneMaurice Balke
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Muenster, Albert Schweitzer Str 33, 48149, Munster, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 135:149-58. 2009..The possible surgical procedures range from repeated intralesional curettage to wide resection.
- A 36-month clinical experience of the effectiveness of curettage and imiquimod 5% cream in the treatment of basal cell carcinomaDonald K Tillman
Great Plains Dermatology PA, Hays, KS, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 7:s7-14. 2008Electrodesiccation and curettage is commonly used for the treatment of basal cell carcinomas (BCCs). Does the addition of imiquimod 5% cream improve clearance rates and cosmetic outcomes?
- A randomized study of minimal curettage followed by topical photodynamic therapy compared with surgical excision for low-risk nodular basal cell carcinomaL Berroeta
Br J Dermatol 157:401-3. 2007
- Accuracy of tumor grade by preoperative curettage and associated clinicopathologic factors in clinical stage I endometriod adenocarcinomaXin Yu Wang
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Women s Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Zhejiang, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:1843-6. 2009..However, there is an inconsistency of tumor grade between preoperative curettage and final hysterectomy specimens, and its associated factors are poorly understood...
- Percutaneous curettage and bone grafting for humeral simple bone cystsKenneth J Hunt
Department of Orthopedics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Orthopedics 32:89. 2009..approach to the treatment of proximal humeral simple bone cysts that includes percutaneous decompression, curettage, and injection of allogeneic cancellous bone combined with autologous bone marrow...
- Collection of fungi samples from nails: comparative study of curettage and drilling techniquesA Shemer
Department of Dermatology, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 22:182-5. 2008..Obtaining a positive laboratory test before treatment is important in clinical practice because the treatment of onychomycosis requires expensive oral antifungal therapy with potentially serious side-effects...
- Curettage of benign bone tumors without grafts gives sufficient bone strengthTakashi Yanagawa
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Maebashi, Japan
Acta Orthop 80:9-13. 2009The defect that results after curettage of a bone tumor is usually filled in the same way. We report the outcome in patients with benign bone tumors that were treated with curettage but no filling.
- The prognostic value of molecular biomarkers in tissue removed by curettage from FIGO stage 1 and 2 endometrioid type endometrial cancerAnita Steinbakk
Department of Pathology, Stavanger University Hospital, Stavanger, Norway
Am J Obstet Gynecol 200:78.e1-8. 2009..To analyze the prognostic value of molecular biomarkers in curettages of endometrioid endometrial cancer pathologic FIGO stages 1 and 2...
- Treatment of pelvic aneurysmal bone cysts in two children: selective arterial embolization as an adjunct to curettage and bone graftingErkan Yildirim
Department of Radiology, Baskent University School of Medicine, Konya, Turkey
Diagn Interv Radiol 13:49-52. 2007Treatment options of aneurysmal bone cysts include complete resection, curettage, curettage with bone grafting, selective arterial embolization (as a primary treatment or preoperative adjuvant therapy), and percutaneous injection of ..
- The cryosurgical treatment of chondroblastoma of bone: long-term oncologic and functional resultsIngrid C M van der Geest
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands
J Surg Oncol 96:230-4. 2007..Since wide resection often leads to growth impairment, intra-lesional curettage followed by an adjuvant therapy is developed to decrease the negative effects on growth and function without ..
- Treatment of local recurrences of giant cell tumour in long bones after curettage and cementing. A Scandinavian Sarcoma Group studyF Vult von Steyern
Department of Orthopaedics, Lund University Hospital, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
J Bone Joint Surg Br 88:531-5. 2006We retrospectively studied local recurrence of giant cell tumour in long bones following treatment with curettage and cementing in 137 patients. The median follow-up time was 60 months (3 to 166)...
- A pilot study to evaluate the relative efficacy of endometrial biopsy and full curettage in making a diagnosis of endometriosis by the detection of endometrial nerve fibersMoamar Al-Jefout
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Queen Elizabeth II Research Institute for Mothers and Infants, Faculty of Medicine, College of Health Sciences, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Am J Obstet Gynecol 197:578.e1-4. 2007The purpose of this study was to evaluate endometrial biopsy and curettage in detecting small nerve fibers in eutopic endometrium for diagnosis of endometriosis.
- Multicentric giant cell tumor of bone. Clinicopathologic analysis of thirty casesBenjamin Hoch
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 88:1998-2008. 2006..Approximately 1% of cases present as multiple synchronous or metachronous lesions. In this study, we describe the clinicopathologic features of thirty cases of multicentric giant cell tumor...
- TREATING PERIODONTAL INFECTION: GLYCEMIC CONTROLGeorge Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2002..The periodontal therapeutic regimen that will be evaluated will include ultrasonic bacterial curettage, local antimicrobial treatment with povidone-iodine irrigation, and oral systemic antibiotics (doxycycline or ..
- Improved manufacture of bone transport platesTIMOTHY MULONE; Fiscal Year: 2009..of the mandible may also require segmental bone resection due to high incidence of local recurrence after simple curettage or intra-lesion excision...
- A macaque model for endometriosis induced pelvic pain and infertilityOv D Slayden; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Curettage, as used in baboons, cannot be carried out in macaques because of anatomical restrictions in the macaque cervix...
- HISTOMETRIC ANALYSIS OF PREMALIGNANT ENDOMETRIAL LESIONSFrancisco Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2003..At this time dilation and curettage with hysteroscopy, remain the major means of diagnosis...
- COOPERATIVE MULTICENTER REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE NETWORKSandra Carson; Fiscal Year: 1990..first trimester) women whose abortus will be karyotyped by aggressive approaches (ultrasound-guided CVS or curettage designed to achieve 90% culture success rates)...
- Diagnostic and Operative Hysteroscopy SimulatorKevin Kunkler; Fiscal Year: 2003Gynecologists have traditionally employed blind procedures such as dilatation and curettage (D&C) for intra-uterine diagnosis and treatment...
- ANALYSIS OF HYPERTHERMIA OF GIANT CELL TUMORS OF BONEDavid Nelson; Fiscal Year: 1991..This will simulate the thermal effects of acrylic cementation following curettage of a giant cell tumor of bone...
- HPV DNA VACCINE FOR CERVICAL PRE NEOPLASIAJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2003..accrue 22 patients with CIN 2-3 who are HLA-A2 positive and HPV 16 positive and have a negative endocervical curettage. If there are at least 8 responders, the trial will proceed to a second phase of accrual of up to 46 patients...
- Listeriosis in the Pregnant MousePAUL ORNDORFF; Fiscal Year: 2007..with miscarriage (by encouraging a routine microbiological analysis of expelled embryos and dilatation and curettage material) and forestall many infections in women (by acquainting obstetricians with data suggesting an early ..
- BIOACTIVE CALCIUM PHOSPHATE GLASSES FOR HYPERTHERMIAYONGREN PENG; Fiscal Year: 1993..An appropriate balance among these properties will make such glass ideal as filler to bone defects after curettage of bone tumors, as filler in bone cements, etc. at the same time it is used as thermoseeds...
- PROGRESSION AND RISK MARKERSMARY MASTERS; Fiscal Year: 1993..histories, dental examinations, and samples of blood and subgingival plaque (collected with paper points and curettage)...
- COMPREHENSIVE OUTCOME OF NONMELANOMA SKIN CANCERMary Margaret Chren; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Long-Term Outcomes of Nonmelanoma Skin CancerMary Margaret Chren; Fiscal Year: 2009..we will compare outcomes from the three most common therapies, tumor destruction with electrodessication &curettage, excision, and Mohs surgery...
- ORAL CONTRACEPTIVES FOR DYSMENORRHEA IN ADOLESCENT GIRLSAnne Davis; Fiscal Year: 2002..Given their efficacy in pregnancy prevention, safety, and non-contraceptive health benefits, COC may be an ideal therapy for primary dysmenorrhea in adolescent girls. ..
- Oral contraceptives and cytochrome p450 inducersAnne Davis; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GROWTH PLATE CELLULAR FUNCTION FOLLOWING RADIOTHERAPYTimothy Damron; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Hormonal modulation of latent endometrial precancersGeorge Mutter; Fiscal Year: 2008..If our hypothesis is confirmed, this project will establish biomarker-detectable preclinical disease as a surrogate marker for risk surveillance, and a potential target for cancer preventative therapies. ..
- Keratinocyte Costimulation and Th2-Cell Immune DeviationAnthony Gaspari; Fiscal Year: 2009..Similar mechanistic studies of the molecular basis of other skin diseases such as psoriasis have led to the development of biological response modifiers that are now in clinical use. ..
- Surveillance Strategies Following Treatment for CINJoy Melnikow; Fiscal Year: 2007..Alternative strategies for post-treatment surveillance will be evaluated. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Beta-2 Receptor Polymorphisms and Vasodilation in HumansJohn Eisenach; Fiscal Year: 2007..My long-term career goal is to become an independent investigator performing physiology and pharmacology studies directed at the genomics of the cardiovascular system in humans. ..
- Biomarkers and Chemoprevention of Endometrial CancerGeorge Mutter; Fiscal Year: 2006..If successful, we will be able to rapidly implement a rational and effective strategy for early detection and chemoprevention of endometrial carcinoma. ..
- Dermatomyositis Skin Disease Severity Measure ValidationJOSPEH JORIZZO; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- TAMOXIFEN & BREAST CANCER--ACCEPTANCE/COST EFFECTIVENESSJoy Melnikow; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- IRRITANTS EFFECTS ON EPIDERMAL ANTIGEN PRESENTATIONAnthony Gaspari; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- PDE3 Inhibitors: Selective Blockers of Oocyte MaturationJeffrey Jensen; Fiscal Year: 2007..This approach is expected to provide a foundation for future Phase 1 trials of PDE3 inhibitors in humans. ..
- Oral Androgen Administration and Function in ManJOHN AMORY; Fiscal Year: 2008..Matsumoto M.D., Director, Clinical Research Unit VA-Puget Sound and Professor of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine will co-mentor this award. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- INVESTIGATING THE MECHANISMS OF PRB TUMOR SUPPRESSIONArnab Chakravarti; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specific Aim number 3: To determine whether the deregulation of E2F dependent transcription is correlated with the tumorigenic potential of RB -/- cells in-vivo. ..
- METABOLISM IN NORMAL AND OSTEOARTHRITIC CARTILAGEHenry Mankin; Fiscal Year: 2001..It is further speculated that the study of serine proteinases produced by OA cartilage may have strong implications for the management of this debilitating disease. ..