Genomes and Genes
sentinel lymph node biopsy
Summary: A diagnostic procedure used to determine whether LYMPHATIC METASTASIS has occurred. The sentinel lymph node is the first lymph node to receive drainage from a neoplasm.
Publications323 found, 100 shown here
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy in cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma: a systematic review of the English literatureAmy Simon Ross
Department of Dermatology, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Dermatol Surg 32:1309-21. 2006..Although risk factors for metastasis have been described, there are little data available on appropriate workup and staging of patients with high-risk SCC...
- Axillary dissection vs no axillary dissection in women with invasive breast cancer and sentinel node metastasis: a randomized clinical trialArmando E Giuliano
John Wayne Cancer Institute at Saint John s Health Center, 2200 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
JAMA 305:569-75. 2011..Sentinel lymph node dissection (SLND) accurately identifies nodal metastasis of early breast cancer, but it is not clear whether further nodal dissection affects survival...
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy for evaluation and treatment of patients with Merkel cell carcinoma: The Dana-Farber experience and meta-analysis of the literatureSheela G Gupta
Cutaneous Oncology Disease Center, Dana Farber Brigham and Women s Cancer Center, Boston, Mass, USA
Arch Dermatol 142:685-90. 2006To determine the diagnostic accuracy and usefulness of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) and computed tomographic scans in the initial evaluation and treatment of patients with Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC).
- Locoregional recurrence after sentinel lymph node dissection with or without axillary dissection in patients with sentinel lymph node metastases: the American College of Surgeons Oncology Group Z0011 randomized trialArmando E Giuliano
John Wayne Cancer Institute at Saint John s Health Center, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
Ann Surg 252:426-32; discussion 432-3. 2010..Few studies have examined the outcome of patients who do not undergo ALND for positive SNs. We now report local and regional recurrence information from the American College of Surgeons Oncology Group Z0011 trial...
- Fast 18F labeling of a near-infrared fluorophore enables positron emission tomography and optical imaging of sentinel lymph nodesRichard Ting
Department of Pharmacology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Bioconjug Chem 21:1811-9. 2010..Facile incorporation of (18)F into a NIRF probe should promote many synergistic PET and NIRF combinations...
- Fluorescence navigation with indocyanine green for detecting sentinel lymph nodes in breast cancerToshiyuki Kitai
Department of Surgery, Nara Social Security Hospital 1 62 Asahicho Yamatokoriyama Nara 639 1013, Japan
Breast Cancer 12:211-5. 2005b>Sentinel lymph node biopsy using a vital dye is a convenient and safe method to assess lymph node status in breast cancer...
- Micrometastases or isolated tumor cells and the outcome of breast cancerMaaike de Boer
Division of Medical Oncology, Maastricht University Medical Center, Maastricht, The Netherlands
N Engl J Med 361:653-63. 2009..The association of isolated tumor cells and micrometastases in regional lymph nodes with the clinical outcome of breast cancer is unclear...
- A randomized comparison of sentinel-node biopsy with routine axillary dissection in breast cancerUmberto Veronesi
Division of Senology, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
N Engl J Med 349:546-53. 2003..Although numerous studies have shown that the status of the sentinel node is an accurate predictor of the status of the axillary nodes in breast cancer, the efficacy and safety of sentinel-node biopsy require validation...
- The FLARE intraoperative near-infrared fluorescence imaging system: a first-in-human clinical trial in breast cancer sentinel lymph node mappingSusan L Troyan
Breast Care Center, Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 16:2943-52. 2009..The FLARE imaging system overcomes this major obstacle...
- SPIO-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging for the detection of metastases in sentinel nodes localized by computed tomography lymphography in patients with breast cancerKazuyoshi Motomura
Department of Surgery, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Osaka, Japan
Ann Surg Oncol 18:3422-9. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate MR imaging with superparamagnetic iron oxide (SPIO) enhancement for the detection of metastases in sentinel nodes localized by CT-LG in patients with breast cancer...
- A self-assembled multimodal complex for combined pre- and intraoperative imaging of the sentinel lymph nodeTessa Buckle
Department of Radiology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nanotechnology 21:355101. 2010..The multimodal ICG-(99m)Tc-NanoColl complex can be used both for lymphoscintigraphy by preoperative single photon emission computed tomography/computed tomography and for surgical navigation by intraoperative fluorescence imaging...
- A nomogram for predicting the likelihood of additional nodal metastases in breast cancer patients with a positive sentinel node biopsyKimberly J Van Zee
Departments of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 10:1140-51. 2003..Accurate estimates of the likelihood of additional disease in the axilla could assist greatly in decision-making regarding further treatment...
- Toward optimization of imaging system and lymphatic tracer for near-infrared fluorescent sentinel lymph node mapping in breast cancerJ Sven D Mieog
Department of Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Ann Surg Oncol 18:2483-91. 2011..Near-infrared (NIR) fluorescent sentinel lymph node (SLN) mapping in breast cancer requires optimized imaging systems and lymphatic tracers...
- ICG fluorescence-guided sentinel node biopsy for axillary nodal staging in breast cancerChristoph Hirche
Department of General Surgery and Surgical Oncology, Robert Rossle Klinik, HELIOS Hospital Berlin Buch, CCB, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 121:373-8. 2010..Indocyanine green (ICG) fluorescence detection was evaluated as a new method for SLN biopsy in breast cancer allowing both transcutaneous visualization of lymphatic vessels and intraoperative identification of SLN...
- Intraoperative laparoscopic fluorescence guidance to the sentinel lymph node in prostate cancer patients: clinical proof of concept of an integrated functional imaging approach using a multimodal tracerHenk G van der Poel
Department of Urology, Netherlands Cancer Institute, Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Urol 60:826-33. 2011..Integration of molecular imaging and in particular intraoperative image guidance is expected to improve the surgical accuracy of laparoscopic lymph node (LN) dissection...
- Organic alternatives to quantum dots for intraoperative near-infrared fluorescent sentinel lymph node mappingShunsuke Ohnishi
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Mol Imaging 4:172-81. 2005..This preclinical study, performed on large animals approaching the size of humans, should serve as a foundation for future clinical studies...
- Near-infrared fluorescent type II quantum dots for sentinel lymph node mappingSungjee Kim
Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Nat Biotechnol 22:93-7. 2004..Taken together, the chemical, optical and in vivo data presented in this study demonstrate the potential of near-infrared quantum dots for biomedical imaging...
- Prevalence of lymphedema in women with breast cancer 5 years after sentinel lymph node biopsy or axillary dissection: objective measurementsSarah A McLaughlin
Breast Service, Department of Surgery, Behavioral Science Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:5213-9. 2008b>Sentinel lymph node biopsy was adopted for the staging of the axilla with the assumption that it would reduce the risk of lymphedema in women with breast cancer...
- Sentinel lymph node imaging using quantum dots in mouse tumor modelsByron Ballou
Molecular Biosensor and Imaging Center, Department of Biological Sciences, and Department of Chemistry, Carnegie Mellon University, 4400 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Bioconjug Chem 18:389-96. 2007..Examination of the sentinel nodes identified by quantum dot localization showed that at least some contained metastatic tumor foci...
- Post-operative arm morbidity and quality of life. Results of the ALMANAC randomised trial comparing sentinel node biopsy with standard axillary treatment in the management of patients with early breast cancerAnne Fleissig
Cancer Research UK Psychosocial Oncology Group, Brighton and Sussex Medical School, Falmer, UK
Breast Cancer Res Treat 95:279-93. 2006..001) and greater levels of anxiety (p < 0.01). In view of the benefits regarding arm functioning and quality of life, the data from this randomised study support the use of SNB in patients with clinically node negative breast cancer...
- Can we avoid axillary dissection in the micrometastatic sentinel node in breast cancer?Viviana Galimberti
Division of Senology, Unit of Molecular Senology, European Institute of Oncology, Via Ripamonti 435, 20141, Milan, Italy
Breast Cancer Res Treat 131:819-25. 2012..Nevertheless, a subset of patients might be at high risk of developing overt axillary disease and efforts should be made to identify such patients by ancillary analyses of the results of ongoing or recently published clinical trials...
- Applicability of radiocolloids, blue dyes and fluorescent indocyanine green to sentinel node biopsy in melanomaHisashi Uhara
Department of Dermatology, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Asahi, Matsumoto, Japan
J Dermatol 39:336-8. 2012..Allergic reactions were not reported with any of the tracers. (99m)Tc-tin colloid, (99m)Tc-phytate, PBV and indocyanine green are useful tracers for SN mapping...
- Lymphatic mapping and sentinel lymph node biopsy in early-stage breast carcinoma: a metaanalysisTheodore Kim
Department of Medicine, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer 106:4-16. 2006Lymphatic mapping with sentinel lymph node biopsy has the potential for reducing the morbidity associated with breast carcinoma staging. It has become a widely used technology despite limited data from controlled clinical trials.
- Sentinel lymph node analysis in breast cancer: contribution of one-step nucleic acid amplification (OSNA)Florence Godey
Regional Mastology Center, Departement of Biology, Eugène Marquis Comprehensive Cancer Center, CS 44 229, Avenue de Bataille Flandres Dunkerques, 35 042 Rennes Cedex, France
Breast Cancer Res Treat 131:509-16. 2012....
- One-step nucleic acid amplification-a molecular method for the detection of lymph node metastases in breast cancer patients; results of the German study groupChristian Schem
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Clinic of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Michaelisstr 16, 24105, Kiel, Germany
Virchows Arch 454:203-10. 2009..5%, 100%, and 95.6%, respectively, after discordant case investigation. Our results show that OSNA is an excellent method for the detection of metastases in lymph nodes and can be applied as an intraoperative diagnostic approach...
- Assessment of lymphatic drainage patterns and implications for the extent of neck dissection in head and neck melanoma patientsW Martin C Klop
Department of Head and Neck Surgery and Oncology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Surg Oncol 103:756-60. 2011..The aim of this study is to evaluate lymphatic drainage with sentinel node location data in patients with head and neck cutaneous melanoma, and to determine the implications for the extent of therapeutic neck dissections...
- New models and online calculator for predicting non-sentinel lymph node status in sentinel lymph node positive breast cancer patientsHolbrook E Kohrt
Department of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
BMC Cancer 8:66. 2008..Our goal was to develop new models to quantify the risk of NSLN metastasis in SLN-positive patients and to compare predictive capabilities to another widely used model...
- A concept for the clinical implementation of sentinel lymph node biopsy in patients with breast carcinoma with special regard to quality assuranceThorsten Kuehn
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Interdisciplinary Breast Center, Gifhorn, Germany
Cancer 103:451-61. 2005..b>Sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) is a widely accepted new surgical procedure in the treatment of early breast carcinoma...
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy in patients with Merkel cell carcinoma: an emerging role and the Westmead hospital experienceJulie Howle
Department of Surgical Oncology, University of Sydney, Westmead Hospital, New South Wales, Australia
Australas J Dermatol 53:26-31. 2012..b>Sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) enables the identification of occult nodal metastases...
- Breast cancer prognosis and occult lymph node metastases, isolated tumor cells, and micrometastasesM de Boer
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, GROW School for Oncology and Developmental Biology, Maastricht University Medical Centre, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Natl Cancer Inst 102:410-25. 2010..We conducted a systematic review of this issue...
- Sentinel lymph node mapping by indocyanin green fluorescence imaging in oropharyngeal cancer - preliminary experienceMarius G Bredell
Department of Craniomaxillofacial Surgery, University Hospital of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Head Neck Oncol 2:31. 2010..The aim of this paper was to evaluate the potential application of Indocyanin Green (ICG) in the mapping and detection of sentinel lymph nodes (SLN) in cancers of the head and neck...
- American Society of Clinical Oncology guideline recommendations for sentinel lymph node biopsy in early-stage breast cancerGary H Lyman
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:7703-20. 2005..To develop a guideline for the use of sentinel node biopsy (SNB) in early stage breast cancer...
- Multicentre evaluation of intraoperative molecular analysis of sentinel lymph nodes in breast carcinomaK L Snook
Breast Unit, Royal Surrey County Hospital, and Postgraduate Medical School, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
Br J Surg 98:527-35. 2011..A prospective multicentre evaluation of the one-step nucleic acid amplification (OSNA) automated molecular diagnostic system of SLN analysis was undertaken...
- Molecular detection of lymph node metastases in breast cancer patients: results of a multicenter trial using the one-step nucleic acid amplification assayYasuhiro Tamaki
Department of Breast and Endocrine Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 15:2879-84. 2009..We conducted a multicenter clinical trial in Japan to evaluate a new automated assay system for cytokeratin 19 mRNA, the one-step nucleic acid amplification (OSNA) assay (Sysmex), to detect lymph node metastasis of breast cancer...
- Imaging of lymph flow in breast cancer patients after microdose administration of a near-infrared fluorophore: feasibility studyEva M Sevick-Muraca
Department of Radiology, Division of Molecular Imaging, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, BCM 360, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Radiology 246:734-41. 2008....
- Management of merkel cell carcinoma: the roles of lymphoscintigraphy, sentinel lymph node biopsy and adjuvant radiotherapyRoss E Warner
Sydney Melanoma Unit, Sydney Cancer Centre, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, Sydney, NSW, 2050, Australia
Ann Surg Oncol 15:2509-18. 2008..However, its optimal treatment is uncertain. In this study, we aimed to assess the roles of lymphoscintigraphy and sentinel node (SN) biopsy, as well as radiotherapy, in the treatment of MCC...
- Morbidity results from the NSABP B-32 trial comparing sentinel lymph node dissection versus axillary dissectionTakamaru Ashikaga
University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
J Surg Oncol 102:111-8. 2010....
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: 10 years of experienceJ K Antonio
S C Otorinolaringoiatria, Azienda Ospedaliera Santa Maria degli Angeli, Pordenone, Italy
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 32:18-25. 2012..The minimum treatment of the neck is probably dissection of the levels between the primary tumour and the level containing the SN(s). Outside the framework of a clinical study, the best treatment can still be considered SND...
- Patterns of axillary surgical care for breast cancer in the era of sentinel lymph node biopsyJohn Rescigno
Department of Radiation Oncology, St Vincent s Cancer Center, New York, NY 10011, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 16:687-96. 2009Population-based overall patterns of surgical management of the axilla in women with operable breast cancer during the era of adoption of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) were studied.
- Feasibility of sentinel node biopsy in head and neck melanoma using a hybrid radioactive and fluorescent tracerOscar R Brouwer
Department of Nuclear Medicine, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Surg Oncol 19:1988-94. 2012....
- The risk of in-transit melanoma metastasis depends on tumor biology and not the surgical approach to regional lymph nodesTimothy M Pawlik
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:4588-90. 2005
- Positron emission tomography (PET) for assessment of axillary lymph node status in early breast cancer: A systematic review and meta-analysisK L Cooper
School of Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield, UK
Eur J Surg Oncol 37:187-98. 2011b>Sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) and axillary lymph node dissection (ALND) are used to assess axillary nodal status in breast cancer, but are invasive procedures associated with morbidity, including lymphoedema...
- High-resolution MR lymphography using ultrasmall superparamagnetic iron oxide (USPIO) in the evaluation of axillary lymph nodes in patients with early stage breast cancer: preliminary resultsKosei Kimura
Department of General and Gastroenterological Surgery, Osaka Medical College, Takatsuki, Japan
Breast Cancer 17:241-6. 2010....
- Metastasis to sentinel lymph nodes in breast cancer is associated with maturation arrest of dendritic cells and poor co-localization of dendritic cells and CD8+ T cellsAaron Scott Mansfield
Breast Surgery Unit, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Virchows Arch 459:391-8. 2011..These findings extend our understanding of regional immunosuppression and suggest that most regional immunosuppressive changes are associated with nodal metastasis in breast cancer...
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of sentinel node biopsy in thyroid cancerS P Balasubramanian
Academic Unit of Surgical Oncology, Department of Oncology, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Br J Surg 98:334-44. 2011..Several studies have investigated the role of SNB in thyroid cancer. This is a systematic review and meta-analysis of the role of SNB in the management of thyroid cancer...
- Clinical trial of combined radio- and fluorescence-guided sentinel lymph node biopsy in breast cancerB E Schaafsma
Department of Surgery, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Br J Surg 100:1037-44. 2013..The aim of this clinical trial was to evaluate and optimize a hybrid NIR fluorescence and radioactive tracer for SLN detection in patients with breast cancer...
- Lymphatic mapping and sentinel lymph node biopsy in patients with melanoma: a meta-analysisMatias E Valsecchi
Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:1479-87. 2011..To perform a meta-analysis of all published studies of sentinel lymph node (SLN) biopsy for staging patients with melanoma...
- Lymphoseek: a molecular imaging agent for melanoma sentinel lymph node mappingAnne M Wallace
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Diego, 200 West Arbor Drive, San Diego, California 92103, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 14:913-21. 2007..We conducted a phase I clinical trial in which Lymphoseek was compared with filtered [(99m)Tc]sulfur colloid (fTcSC) for melanoma sentinel lymph node detection...
- SPECT/CT for preoperative sentinel node localizationLenka Vermeeren
Department of Nuclear Medicine, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Surg Oncol 101:184-90. 2010..SPECT/CT also clarifies the drainage pattern of inconclusive conventional images (non-visualization or unclear location of the nodes)...
- Regional recurrence after negative sentinel lymph node biopsy for melanomaGrant W Carlson
Department of Surgery, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, 1365C Clifton Road, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Ann Surg 248:378-86. 2008..Sentinel lymph node (SLN) biopsy has shown great utility in the management of melanoma. An analysis of regional recurrence in previously mapped negative SLN basins as the first site of relapse is performed...
- Sentinel node biopsy and standard of care for melanomaCharles M Balch
Departments of Surgery, Oncology, and Dermatology, Johns Hopkins Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 60:872-5. 2009..The panel comprised a cross section of expert melanoma surgeons who have contributed data and leadership to investigations of SNB...
- Combined axillary reverse mapping (ARM) technique for breast cancer patients requiring axillary dissectionClaude Nos
Department of Gynecologic and Oncologic Surgery, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 12 Rue Leblanc, 75015, Paris, France
Ann Surg Oncol 15:2550-5. 2008..The objective of axillary reverse mapping (ARM) is to preserve the main lymphatic chain-with both the nodes and the ducts-in relation to lymphatic arm drainage (LAD) during an axillary dissection (AD)...
- Axillary reverse mapping for breast cancerMasakuni Noguchi
Department of Breast and Endocrine Surgery, Kanazawa Medical University Hospital, Uchinada daigaku 1 1, Ishikawa 920 0293, Japan
Breast Cancer Res Treat 119:529-35. 2010..The success of ARM in reducing lymphedema has not yet been determined. Further studies are needed before this can be accepted as a standard procedure in surgical management of breast cancer...
- Feasibility of axillary reverse mapping during sentinel lymph node biopsy in breast cancer patientsFederico Casabona
Department of Gynecology, University of Genoa S Martino Hospital, Genoa, Italy
Ann Surg Oncol 16:2459-63. 2009This pilot study evaluates the feasibility of axillary reverse mapping (ARM) during sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) in breast cancer patients.
- Surgical complications associated with sentinel lymph node dissection (SLND) plus axillary lymph node dissection compared with SLND alone in the American College of Surgeons Oncology Group Trial Z0011Anthony Lucci
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:3657-63. 2007..The current study compares complications associated with SLN dissection (SLND) plus ALND, versus SLND alone...
- Expression of CK19 in invasive breast carcinomas of special histological types: implications for the use of one-step nucleic acid amplificationCésar A Alvarenga
Instituto de Patologia de Campinas, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Clin Pathol 64:493-7. 2011....
- High FOXP3+ regulatory T-cell density in the sentinel lymph node is associated with downstream non-sentinel lymph-node metastasis in gastric cancerH E Lee
Department of Pathology, Seoul National University Hospital, 28 Yeongon dong, Jongno gu, Seoul 110 744, Korea
Br J Cancer 105:413-9. 2011..We aimed to evaluate the immunologic nature of sentinel lymph nodes (SLNs) in gastric cancer patients and to determine whether it can predict non-SLN metastasis...
- Improving staging accuracy in colon and rectal cancer by sentinel lymph node mapping: a comparative studyE S van der Zaag
Department of Surgery, Gelre Ziekenhuizen, Albert Schweitzerlaan 31, 7334 DZ Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Eur J Surg Oncol 35:1065-70. 2009..To compare the predictive value of sentinel lymph node (SN) mapping between patients with colon and rectal cancer...
- Axillary reverse mapping (ARM): a new concept to identify and enhance lymphatic preservationMargaret Thompson
Division of Breast Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 14:1890-5. 2007..Mapping the drainage of the arm with blue dye (axillary reverse mapping, ARM) decreases the likelihood of disruption of lymphatics and subsequent lymphedema...
- A micromorphometry-based concept for routine classification of sentinel lymph node metastases and its clinical relevance for patients with melanomaH Starz
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, Klinikum Augsburg, Augsburg, Germany
Cancer 91:2110-21. 2001..Correspondingly high standards in terms of specificity, sensitivity, and microstaging are required for the evaluation of SLNs...
- Detection rate and diagnostic accuracy of sentinel-node biopsy in early stage endometrial cancer: a prospective multicentre study (SENTI-ENDO)Marcos Ballester
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Tenon University Hospital, Paris, France
Lancet Oncol 12:469-76. 2011..We did a prospective, multicentre cohort study to assess the detection rate and diagnostic accuracy of the SLN procedure in predicting the pathological pelvic-node status in patients with early stage endometrial cancer...
- Lymphoseek: a molecular radiopharmaceutical for sentinel node detectionAnne M Wallace
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Diego Comprehensive Cancer Center, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 10:531-8. 2003..We conducted a phase I clinical trial in which Lymphoseek was compared with filtered [(99m)Tc]sulfur colloid (fTcSC) for sentinel node detection in patients with breast cancer...
- The molecular subtype classification is a determinant of sentinel node positivity in early breast carcinomaFabien Reyal
Department of Surgery, Institut Curie, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 6:e20297. 2011..The aim of our work was to decipher the interaction between this classification and the probability of a positive sentinel node biopsy...
- Intraoperative molecular assay for sentinel lymph node metastases in early stage breast cancer: a comparative analysis between one-step nucleic acid amplification whole node assay and routine frozen section histologyTomo Osako
Division of Pathology, The Cancer Institute of the Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer 117:4365-74. 2011..The authors compared the performance in intraoperative detection of sentinel lymph node metastases with OSNA assay using a whole lymph node versus routine frozen section (FS) histology with a 2 mm-sectioned lymph node...
- Recurrence and survival in patients undergoing sentinel lymph node biopsy for merkel cell carcinoma: analysis of 153 patients from a single institutionRyan C Fields
Gastric and Mixed Tumor Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 18:2529-37. 2011Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC) is a cutaneous neuroendocrine neoplasm with propensity for lymphatic spread. The rarity of MCC has limited analysis of factors associated with a positive sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) and survival.
- Interstitial CT lymphography-guided localization of breast sentinel lymph node: preliminary resultsKazuyoshi Suga
Department of Radiology, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Minamikogushi, Ube, Yamaguchi 755 8505, Japan
Surgery 133:170-9. 2003..We tested the potential capability of interstitial computed tomographic lymphography (CT-LG) using a conventional contrast agent (iopamidol) for SLN mapping...
- Effect of occult metastases on survival in node-negative breast cancerDonald L Weaver
University of Vermont College of Medicine and Vermont Cancer Center, Department of Pathology, Burlington, VT 05405 0068, USA
N Engl J Med 364:412-21. 2011..Prospective data on clinical outcomes from randomized trials according to sentinel-node involvement have been lacking...
- Sentinel lymph node as a new marker for therapeutic planning in breast cancer patientsMarco Gipponi
Division of Surgical Oncology, National Cancer Research Institute, Genoa, Italy
J Surg Oncol 85:102-11. 2004....
- A model for predicting non-sentinel lymph node metastatic disease when the sentinel lymph node is positiveA Pal
Addenbrookes NHS Foundation Trust, Cambridge, UK
Br J Surg 95:302-9. 2008..The Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC) developed a nomogram to estimate the risk of non-SLN disease. This study critically appraised the nomogram and refined the model to improve predictive accuracy...
- Prospective multicenter trial of staging adequacy in colon cancer: preliminary resultsAnton J Bilchik
John Wayne Cancer Institute and Saint Johns Health Center, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
Arch Surg 141:527-33; discussion 533-4. 2006..A 25% recurrence rate in patients with node-negative CRC suggests that current staging practices are inadequate. Focused analysis of the sentinel node (SN) by multiple sectioning and immunohistochemistry improves staging accuracy...
- Detection of sentinel node in gastric cancer surgery by indocyanine green fluorescence imaging: comparison with infrared imagingIsao Miyashiro
Department of Surgery, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, 1 3 3 Nakamichi, Higashinari ku, Osaka 537 8511, Japan
Ann Surg Oncol 15:1640-3. 2008..This was a clinical exploration/feasibility study of a novel detection system for SN biopsy using indocyanine green (ICG) fluorescence imaging in gastric cancer surgery...
- Evaluation of sentinel node biopsy by combined fluorescent and dye method and lymph flow for breast cancerTakashi Hojo
National Cancer Center Hospital, Department of Surgery and Division of Breast Cancer, 5 1 1 Tsukiji Chuo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Breast 19:210-3. 2010Conservative breast resection with subsequent sentinel lymph node biopsy (SNB) is an increasingly popular initial approach for the treatment of breast cancer due to decreased invasiveness...
- Randomized multicenter trial of sentinel node biopsy versus standard axillary treatment in operable breast cancer: the ALMANAC TrialRobert E Mansel
Department of Surgery, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:599-609. 2006b>Sentinel lymph node biopsy in women with operable breast cancer is routinely used in some countries for staging the axilla despite limited data from randomized trials on morbidity and mortality outcomes...
- Role of axillary clearance after a tumor-positive sentinel node in the administration of adjuvant therapy in early breast cancerMarieke E Straver
The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 28:731-7. 2010..CONCLUSION Absence of knowledge regarding the extent of nodal involvement in the ART arm appears to have no major impact on the administration of adjuvant therapy...
- Sentinel-node biopsy or nodal observation in melanomaDonald L Morton
Department of Surgical Oncology, John Wayne Cancer Institute at Saint John s Health Center, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
N Engl J Med 355:1307-17. 2006..We evaluated the contribution of sentinel-node biopsy to outcomes in patients with newly diagnosed melanoma...
- Simultaneous Foxp3 and IDO expression is associated with sentinel lymph node metastases in breast cancerAaron S Mansfield
Breast Surgery Unit, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
BMC Cancer 9:231. 2009..Inhibitors of IDO are available and could potentially demonstrate utility in breast cancer if IDO drives progression of disease...
- A Randomized clinical trial on sentinel lymph node biopsy versus axillary lymph node dissection in breast cancer: results of the Sentinella/GIVOM trialGiorgio Zavagno
Clinica Chirurgica II, University of Padova, Italy
Ann Surg 247:207-13. 2008..The aim of this multicenter randomized trial was to assess the efficacy and safety of sentinel lymph node (SLN) biopsy compared with axillary lymph node dissection (ALND)...
- Intraoperative lymphatic mapping and sentinel node identification with blue dye in patients with vulvar cancerC Levenback
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Gynecol Oncol 83:276-81. 2001..To determine the effectiveness of intraoperative lymphatic with blue dye alone as a means of localizing sentinel nodes in patients with vulvar cancer...
- Morbidity in breast cancer patients with sentinel node metastases undergoing delayed axillary lymph node dissection (ALND) compared with immediate ALNDAmit Goyal
Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Ann Surg Oncol 15:262-7. 2008..This study was designed to compare morbidity in patients undergoing complete ALND in the first (and only) operation versus those undergoing the two-step procedure (SLN biopsy followed by delayed completion ALND)...
- Function, postoperative morbidity, and quality of life after cervical sentinel node biopsy and after selective neck dissectionFranziska Schiefke
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery, University of Leipzig, Nürnberger Str 57, D 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Head Neck 31:503-12. 2009..It is claimed that SNB may be superior to selective neck dissection (SND) with respect to quality of life (QOL) and postoperative morbidity...
- A comparison of quality of life between vulvar cancer patients after sentinel lymph node procedure only and inguinofemoral lymphadenectomyM H M Oonk
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Gynecol Oncol 113:301-5. 2009..Moreover, it was evaluated what patients would advise relatives on the application of the SLN-procedure in light of possible false negative results...
- Presence of mature DC-Lamp+ dendritic cells in sentinel and non-sentinel lymph nodes of breast cancer patientsA Bembenek
Department of Surgery and Surgical Oncology, Robert Rössle Clinic at Helios Klinikum Berlin, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Buch, Lindenberger Weg 80, D13125 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Surg Oncol 34:514-8. 2008..Our study examined differences in the presence of mature, DC-Lamp+ DC in the SLN and non-SLN according to the extent of metastatic involvement...
- Combined analysis of phase III trials evaluating [⁹⁹mTc]tilmanocept and vital blue dye for identification of sentinel lymph nodes in clinically node-negative cutaneous melanomaVernon K Sondak
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 20:680-8. 2013..99m)Tc]Tilmanocept is a CD206 receptor-targeted radiopharmaceutical designed for sentinel lymph node (SLN) identification. Two nearly identical nonrandomized phase III trials compared [(99m)Tc]tilmanocept to vital blue dye...
- Intraoperative analysis of sentinel lymph nodes in breast cancer by one-step nucleic acid amplificationGabor Cserni
University of Szeged, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Allomás u 2, H 6720 Szeged, Hungary
J Clin Pathol 65:193-9. 2012....
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy for breast cancer patients using fluorescence navigation with indocyanine greenKei Aoyama
Department of Surgery II, Tokyo Women s Medical University, 8 1, Kawada cho, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, 162 8666, Japan
World J Surg Oncol 9:157. 2011There are various methods for detecting sentinel lymph nodes in breast cancer. Sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) using a vital dye is a convenient and safe, intraoperatively preparative method to assess lymph node status...
- Indocyanine green fluorescence-navigated sentinel node biopsy showed higher sensitivity than the radioisotope or blue dye method, which may help to reduce false-negative cases in skin cancerYasuhiro Fujisawa
Division of Dermatology, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba City, Ibaraki, Japan
J Surg Oncol 106:41-5. 2012..We tested a new lymphatic navigation method using indocyanine green fluorescence imaging (ICG-FI) to detect such "occult" SLNs...
- Risk predictors of underestimation and the need for sentinel node biopsy in patients diagnosed with ductal carcinoma in situ by preoperative needle biopsyHyung Seok Park
Department of Surgery, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Surg Oncol 107:388-92. 2013Diagnosis of ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) by core needle biopsy showed a high rate of underestimation of invasiveness, and performing sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) in DCIS patients was controversial.
- Timing of sentinel lymph node biopsy in patients receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancerMoshe Zvi Papa
Department of Surgery and Surgical Oncology and the Breast Service, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Surg Oncol 98:403-6. 2008To address optimal timing of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) in breast cancer patients undergoing neoadjuvant treatment.
- Revision of the American Joint Committee on Cancer staging system for breast cancerS Eva Singletary
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:3628-36. 2002..To revise the American Joint Committee on Cancer staging system for breast carcinoma...
- Histologically ambiguous ("borderline") primary cutaneous melanocytic tumors: approaches to patient management including the roles of molecular testing and sentinel lymph node biopsyRichard A Scolyer
Melanoma Institute Australia, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Arch Pathol Lab Med 134:1770-7. 2010..While a sentinel lymph node biopsy may be recommended on the basis of the primary tumor characteristics, the clinical significance of lymph ..
- Predictors of invasive breast cancer in patients with an initial diagnosis of ductal carcinoma in situ: a guide to selective use of sentinel lymph node biopsy in management of ductal carcinoma in situTina W F Yen
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Am Coll Surg 200:516-26. 2005The role of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) in patients with an initial diagnosis of ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) has not been well defined...
- Analysis of predictive factors for the outcome of complete lymph node dissection in melanoma patients with metastatic sentinel lymph nodesChristian Kunte
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, Ludwig Maximilian University Munich, Munich, Germany
J Am Acad Dermatol 64:655-62; quiz 637. 2011b>Sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) is a widely accepted procedure to accurately stage patients with melanoma...
- Sentinel lymph nodes show profound downregulation of antigen-presenting cells of the paracortex: implications for tumor biology and treatmentA J Cochran
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095 1713, USA
Mod Pathol 14:604-8. 2001..They also offer an hypothesis to explain the failure of the immune surveillance mechanisms to identify and respond to a small primary melanoma that expresses immunogenic tumor antigens...
- Clinical utility of routine pre-operative axillary ultrasound and fine needle aspiration cytology in patient selection for sentinel lymph node biopsyT Rattay
Breast Surgery, University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire, Clifford Bridge Road, Coventry CV2 2DX, UK
Breast 21:210-4. 2012..the clinical utility of US+/-FNAC in patient selection for either axillary node clearance (ANC) or sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) in patients undergoing surgery for operable breast cancer...
- Accuracy of sentinel lymph node biopsy for inguinal lymph node staging of penile squamous cell carcinoma: systematic review and meta-analysis of the literatureRamin Sadeghi
Nuclear Medicine Research Center, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
J Urol 187:25-31. 2012b>Sentinel lymph node biopsy is emerging as a promising method for inguinal lymph node staging of penile squamous cell carcinoma...
- Image-guided oncologic surgery using invisible light: completed pre-clinical development for sentinel lymph node mappingEiichi Tanaka
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 13:1671-81. 2006..In this study, we complete pre-clinical development of the technology for sentinel lymph node (SLN) mapping using a large animal model of spontaneous melanoma...
- Oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma and the clinically n0 neck: the past, present, and future of sentinel lymph node biopsyAndrew Coughlin
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, TX, 77555, USA
Curr Oncol Rep 12:129-35. 2010..Dublin, OH), is currently under investigation. This article reviews the current literature on SLN biopsy and introduces a phase 3 study evaluating the efficacy of Lymphoseek in SLN biopsy of OCSCCs...
- Patients with Merkel cell carcinoma tumors < or = 1.0 cm in diameter are unlikely to harbor regional lymph node metastasisJayme B Stokes
Department of Surgery, University of Virginia Health System, 1215 Lee St, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3772-7. 2009..Current recommendations include offering regional lymph node evaluation by either sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) or complete lymph node dissection (CLND) to all patients with MCC; however, we hypothesized a ..
- Sentinel node mapping guided by indocyanine green fluorescence imaging in gastric cancerYusuke Tajima
Division of General and Gastroenterological Surgery, Department of Surgery, Showa University, School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Surg 249:58-62. 2009..In this study, we determined the possible usefulness of sentinel node (SN) mapping guided by indocyanine green (ICG) fluorescence imaging in the management of gastric cancer...
- Sentinel lymph node accumulation of Lymphoseek and Tc-99m-sulfur colloid using a "2-day" protocolAnne M Wallace
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Diego, CA 92103, USA Moores UCSD Cancer Center, University of California, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Nucl Med Biol 36:687-92. 2009..5+/-3.1%) was statistically equivalent (P=.213). When an intradermal injection is employed, Lymphoseek demonstrated faster injection site clearance than unfiltered [(99m)Tc]sulfur colloid and persistent SLN accumulation for at least 24 h...
- Axillary reverse mapping with indocyanine fluorescence imaging in patients with breast cancerMasakuni Noguchi
Department of Breast and Endocrine Surgery, Kanazawa Medical University Hospital, Uchinada daigaku, Japan
J Surg Oncol 101:217-21. 2010..The ARM technique was proposed to prevent arm lymphedema after ALND and/or SLN biopsy. However, several problems remain to be resolved in the practical application of this technique...
- An Epidemiologic Study of Lymph Node Evaluation in Colorectal Cancer PatientsBeth Virnig; Fiscal Year: 2007..Most CRC patient in the U.S. do not have an adequate node evaluation. This research will identify factors that affect the adequacy of lymph node staging in CRC so that improvements can be made. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Imaging Nonlinear Absorption of Biomarkers for Improved Detection of MelanomaWarren S Warren; Fiscal Year: 2010..drive up the cost of healthcare with unnecessary, expensive, and invasive procedures (including sentinel lymph node biopsy and systemic adjuvant therapy) and may make it impossible for the patient to obtain health or life ..
- Photoacoustic / Optical / Ultrasonic Imaging of Sentinel Lymph Nodes and MetastasLihong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) has become the standard method of axillary staging for patients with breast cancer and clinically ..
- Fluorescence Imaging for Sentinel Lymph Node MappingEva Sevick Muraca; Fiscal Year: 2003..In a sentinel lymph node biopsy procedure in the breast, technetium 99m sulfur colloid and isosulfan blue dye are injected peritumorally...
- Endoscopic Detection of Fluorescein for Sentinel Lymph Node BiopsyJames McGreevy; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, this new method of finding the sentinel lymph node with fluorescence avoids the use of radioactive drugs and the use of a dye that is associated with a 1% risk of anaphylactic shock. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MicroRNA Markers of Melanoma Metastasis in Lymph NodesSylvie Beaudenon; Fiscal Year: 2009..Current methods of ultra-staging involving sentinel lymph node biopsy combined with histopathology and immunohistochemistry are being used to improve staging and more ..
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy system for breast cancerEMRE TOKER; Fiscal Year: 2001..objective of this research is to design and develop a dedicated, computerized, minimally invasive sentinel lymph node biopsy system for staging of breast cancer...
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy system for breast cancerEMRE TOKER; Fiscal Year: 2003..research is to design and develop a dedicated, imaging guided, minimally invasive, percutaneous axillary sentinel lymph node biopsy system for staging of breast cancer...
- Partnership--Moffitt Cancer--Puerto Rico Cancer CenterW Pledger; Fiscal Year: 2004..a training program for surgical oncologists will be set up in the technique of lymphatic mapping and sentinel lymph node biopsy. An enhanced capacity of the PRCC to conduct these clinical trials will result in an increase in the ..
- Intravital Fiber-Optic Flow CytometerWei He; Fiscal Year: 2009..While computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, or tissue/sentinel lymph node biopsy analysis can detect some level of residual disease (up to a resolution of ~2 mm or ~190,000 cells), the ..
- FLUORESCENT MARKERS FOR BREAST CANCER SURGERYCHARLES GRISSOM; Fiscal Year: 2001..cobalamin derivatives and select the optimal compound for use as an improved tumor marker in the sentinel lymph node biopsy procedure for breast cancer ...
- Small Field of View Solid-State Gamma Camera DevelopmentSYLVIA MERGUI; Fiscal Year: 2001..The intended use is to provide intro-operative imaging in sentinel lymph node biopsy procedures for staging breast cancer and melanoma...
- Neoadjuvant Cytokine Immunotherapy by PLA MicrospheresMichael Sabel; Fiscal Year: 2007..I will pursue this area of investigation as a full-time faculty member, with full commitment from the Department of General Surgery and the Division of Surgical Oncology at the University of Michigan Medical Center. ..
- International Symposium on Cancer Metastasis and the Lymphovascular SystemSTANLEY LEONG; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Symposium on Cancer Metastasis and Lymphovascular SystemSTANLEY LEONG; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- TARGETING BREAST CANCER WITH SMALL LIGANDSDavid Krag; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) Use the structure-based, homologous analog and biased library approach to make educated designs to increase the affinity of the Grb7 ligands ..
- Targeted Enzymes for Prodrug TherapyDavid Krag; Fiscal Year: 2007..Successful completion of these experiments will result in demonstration of novel targeted effector molecules that bind selectively to tumors and activate cytotoxic prodrugs. ..
- In Vivo Selection of Ligands for Targeted TherapyDavid Krag; Fiscal Year: 2003..Successful completion of this clinical study will result in demonstration of a satisfactory safety profile and short peptides that bind selectively to tumor tissue. ..
- E2F-1 Cancer Gene TherapyKelly McMasters; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will enhance our understanding of E2F-1-mediated cell death and facilitate the design of improved treatment strategies...
- Long-Term Breast Cancer Treatment Effects: Limb Volume ChangesJane M Armer; Fiscal Year: 2010..Without further funding, after April 30, 2006, this opportunity for long-term follow-up will be lost. ..
- Targeting AKT as a novel therapy in pancreatic cancerRichard Bold; Fiscal Year: 2007..These results will provide mechanistic as well as pre-clinical data in support of our hypothesis and will allow for the development of novel therapy of human pancreatic cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetic Regulation of Human Breast Cancer DormancyNANCY DEMORE; Fiscal Year: 2008..These genes could be pharmacogenomic targets for future treatment strategies. ..
- Multi-peptide Vaccine Administered with Cyclophosphamide for High-risk MelanomaCRAIG LEE SLINGLUFF; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- BREAST CANCER PATTERNS OF CARE AND MORBIDITYSandra Norman; Fiscal Year: 2007..Preliminary data from the parent study suggest that only longer follow-up can capture the interplay of time-dependent risks, ongoing treatment, and patient characterisitics that occur over a longer period of time. ..
- Optical guidance of surgical excision of skin cancerKen Lee; Fiscal Year: 2008..A library of images of normal and cancer will be accrued and an image analysis algorithm developed to assist the visualization of the cancer margin. ..
- Effective surveillance strategies for melanoma patientsJanice N Cormier; Fiscal Year: 2010..Collectively, the outcomes from this proposal will provide evidence-based guidelines for surveillance, which in turn will promote the cost-effective use of health care resources. ..
- Developing Biomarker-Based Prognostics In Breast CancerJohn Olson; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Pilot Study--Cox2 Inhibitor in Invasive Bladder CancerDEBORAH KNAPP; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Targeted Molecular Therapeutics for Melanoma: CCI-779 and BevacizumabCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2008..The following proposal is a clinical trial to evaluate the effects of bevacizumab and CCI-779, which interfere with vascularization and tumor growth, for the treatment of melanoma. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- THE FRAMINGHAM SCHOOL STUDY OF NEVI IN CHILDREN: SONIC IIAllan Halpern; Fiscal Year: 2008..And, they will permit education of clinicians about the changes that routinely occur in nevi in adolescence which, in turn, should lead to a reduction of the large number of unnecessary nevus excisions in this age group. ..
- MULTI-EPITOPE MELANOMA VACCINES FOR CD4 AND CD8 T-CELLSCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy(FNAB) Needle DeviceVinod Shidham; Fiscal Year: 2002..Apart from the worldwide market, the potential market in United States alone should exceed $1,500,000 per year. ..
- POLYVALENT VACCINE--PHASE III TRIAL IN STAGE IV MELANOMADonald Morton; Fiscal Year: 2002..Determine whether there is any correlation between such responses and the clinical course of vaccine patients in a prospective multicenter trial. ..
- Gene therapy for chronic heart failureEdward Soltesz; Fiscal Year: 2003..We expect to show that gene transfer of SERCA2a to failing porcine hearts will rescue contractility and lead to ventricular and metabolic remodeling. ..
- Targeted Intervention Against EphA2 on Cancer CellsDEBORAH KNAPP; Fiscal Year: 2004..Upon conclusion of our studies, we will have validated EphA2 as a molecular target for cancer treatment and will have generated the reagents and expertise to exploit a critical vulnerability on malignant cells. ..
- MULTI-EPITOPE MELANOMA PEPTIDE VACCINATION WITH GM-CSFCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Cancer in the Middle Eastern Population in CaliforniaKiumarss Nasseri; Fiscal Year: 2004..Patterns in the Middle Eastern population and will be compared to patterns in other racial and ethnic groups in California. ..
- ATR in Human Cancer and Anticancer TherapyWilliam Cliby; Fiscal Year: 2004..Using xenograft models we will develop a gene therapy model of ATR disruption to test the safety and efficacy of targeting ATR for anticancer therapy. ..
- VACCINES WITH MHC CLASS II-RESTRICTED MELANOMA PEPTIDESCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Prospective Nursing Study of Breast Cancer LymphedemaJane Armer; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results identifying more complex relationships between the physiological and psychosocial variables will guide development and testing of nursing interventions to prevent, detect, and manage post-breast cancer treatment lymphedema. ..
- Improving genomic prediction models in breast cancerJohn Olson; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- CT-Bronchoscopy Workstation for Lung-Cancer AssessmentWilliam Higgins; Fiscal Year: 2006..These benefits reduce the need for follow-up procedures, reducing cost and gaining time toward successful treatment, or, stated differently, improve the early diagnosis, staging, and treatment of lung cancer. ..
- Physical Activity and Lymphedema Project (PAL Trial)Kathryn Schmitz; Fiscal Year: 2007..The knowledge gained from this study may impact recommendations for therapeutic regimens, participation in activities of daily living, and recommendations for exercise for health promotion in BrCa survivors. ..
- Synergistic CT-Bronchoscopy for Lung-Cancer AssessmentWilliam Higgins; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, the methods should be generalizable to other organ systems, in particular to applications in neurology, urology, gynecology and gastroenterology. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A New Radiotracer for Prostate Sentinel Node MappingAnne Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Oncology Clinical Trial Accrual StudyANNEKE SCHROEN; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Molecular Mechanisms of Ectopic Bone FormationSTEVEN LIETMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..