Genomes and Genes
Summary: Techniques during brain surgery that use a system of three-dimensional coordinates to locate the site to be operated on. (From Dorland, 28th ed)
Publications225 found, 100 shown here
- Nonlinear spatial normalization using basis functionsJ Ashburner
Functional Imaging Laboratory, Wellcome Department of Cognitive Neurology, Institute of Neurology, London, United Kingdom
Hum Brain Mapp 7:254-66. 1999....
- Location of the active contact within the subthalamic nucleus (STN) in the treatment of idiopathic Parkinson's diseaseMartin Zonenshayn
New York University Center for Functional and Restorative Neurosurgery, New York, New York, USA
Surg Neurol 62:216-25; discussion 225-6. 2004..We reviewed the locations of active electrical contacts in 33 patients who underwent simultaneous bilateral STN deep brain stimulator (DBS) implantation...
- Stimulation of the caudal zona incerta is superior to stimulation of the subthalamic nucleus in improving contralateral parkinsonismPuneet Plaha
Institute of Neurosciences, Department of Neurosurgery, Frenchay Hospital Bristol, UK
Brain 129:1732-47. 2006..We discuss the implications of this finding and the potential role played by the ZI in Parkinson's disease...
- Achievement of long-term local control in patients with craniopharyngiomas using high precision stereotactic radiotherapyStephanie E Combs
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Cancer 109:2308-14. 2007..The long-term outcome in patients with craniopharyngiomas treated with fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy (FSRT) was evaluated...
- Stereotactic aspiration-thrombolysis of intracerebral hemorrhage and its impact on perihematoma brain edemaJ Ricardo Carhuapoma
Division of Neurosciences Critical Care, Departments of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, 600 North Wolfe Street Meyer 8 140, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Neurocrit Care 8:322-9. 2008..To test this hypothesis, we report on the volumetric analysis of (1) the intraparenchymal hematoma and, (2) perihematomal edema in a cohort of ICH patients treated with intraclot rtPA...
- Clinical outcomes of a phase I/II study of 48 Gy of stereotactic body radiotherapy in 4 fractions for primary lung cancer using a stereotactic body frameYasushi Nagata
Department of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology, Kyoto University, Graduate School of Medicine, Sakyo, Kyoto, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 63:1427-31. 2005..To evaluate the clinical outcomes of 48 Gy of three-dimensional stereotactic radiotherapy in four fractions for treating Stage I lung cancer using a stereotactic body frame...
- Brain edema after experimental intracerebral hemorrhage: role of hemoglobin degradation productsFeng ping Huang
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0532, USA
J Neurosurg 96:287-93. 2002..The authors have found that red blood cell lysis plays an important role in edema development after ICH. In the present study, they sought to determine whether degradation products of hemoglobin cause brain edema...
- Human fetal striatal transplantation in huntington's disease: a refinement of the stereotactic procedurePasquale Gallina
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Stereotact Funct Neurosurg 86:308-13. 2008..An improvement of the stereotactic procedure aimed to optimize the intrastriatal placement of grafts is therefore considered a timely issue...
- A stereotaxic MRI template set for the rat brain with tissue class distribution maps and co-registered anatomical atlas: application to pharmacological MRIAdam J Schwarz
Department of Neuroimaging, Psychiatry Centre of Excellence in Drug Discovery, GlaxoSmithKline Medicines Research Centre, Via Fleming 4, 37135 Verona, Italy
Neuroimage 32:538-50. 2006..These developments allow a closer alignment of pre-clinical and clinical analysis techniques...
- Quantification of effect of sequential posteromedial release on flexion and extension gaps: a computer-assisted study in cadaveric kneesArun Mullaji
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Breach Candy Hospital, Mumbai, India
J Arthroplasty 24:795-805. 2009..This sequence of release led to incremental and differential effects on flexion-extension gaps and has implications in correcting varus deformity...
- Stereotactic vacuum-assisted breast biopsies in 500 women with microcalcifications: radiological and pathological correlationsUte Kettritz
Department of Radiology, Berlin Buch Breast Unit, HELIOS Klinikum Berlin Medical Center, Wiltbergstrasse 50, HS 120, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Radiol 55:270-6. 2005..We compared radiological assessment with pathological diagnoses in 500 consecutive vacuum-assisted breast biopsies performed for microcalcifications...
- Stereotactic directional vacuum-assisted breast biopsy using lateral approachYuko Nakamura
Department of Radiology, Hiroshima City Hospital, Naka ku, Japan
Breast Cancer 17:286-9. 2010..However, there are few reports regarding the lateral approach. We performed ST-MMT using the lateral approach. The purpose of this study was to determine the usefulness of the lateral approach...
- Comparison of atlas- and magnetic-resonance-imaging-based stereotactic targeting of the subthalamic nucleus in the surgical treatment of Parkinson's diseaseNikunj K Patel
Institute of Clinical Neurosciences, Frenchay Hospital, Bristol, UK
Stereotact Funct Neurosurg 86:153-61. 2008....
- Stereotactic brain biopsy: Single center retrospective analysis of complicationsChing Chang Chen
Department of Neurosurgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung Medical College and University, 5, Fu Shin Street, Kwei Shan, Tao Yuan County, Linkou 333, Taiwan
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 111:835-9. 2009..However, these risks have been addressed by only few studies conducted in Asian countries...
- Deep brain stimulation of the subthalamic nucleus in Parkinson's disease: evaluation of active electrode contactsW Hamel
Department of Neurosurgery, Christian Albrechts University, Kiel, Germany
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 74:1036-46. 2003..The site of permanent stimulation is the subject of ongoing debate, as stimulation both within and adjacent to the subthalamic nucleus may be effective...
- Fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy boost after post-operative radiotherapy in patients with high-grade gliomasBrigitta G Baumert
Radiation Oncology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Radiother Oncol 67:183-90. 2003..To determine the value and the toxicity of an additional fractionated stereotactic boost as used in the joint randomized EORTC-22972/MRC-BR10 study in patients with malignant gliomas...
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy of early-stage non-small-cell lung carcinoma: phase I studyRonald C McGarry
Department of Radiation Oncology, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 63:1010-5. 2005..A Phase I dose escalation study of stereotactic body radiation therapy to assess toxicity and local control rates for patients with medically inoperable Stage I lung cancer...
- Diagnostic agreement in the evaluation of image-guided breast core needle biopsies: results from a randomized clinical trialLaura C Collins
Department of Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 28:126-31. 2004....
- Does CT-based navigation improve the long-term survival in ceramic-on-ceramic THA?Nobuhiko Sugano
Department of Orthopaedic Medical Engineering, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Yamadaoka 2 2, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Clin Orthop Relat Res 470:3054-9. 2012..Although navigated THA provides improved precision in implant positioning and alignment, it is unclear whether these translate into long-term implant survival...
- Estimation of cerebral surface area using vertical sectioning and magnetic resonance imaging: a stereological studyNiyazi Acer
Department of Anatomy, Erciyes University School of Medicine, TR 38039 Kayseri, Turkey
Brain Res 1310:29-36. 2010..Hence, we suggest that estimation of surface area using MRI and stereology may be clinically relevant for assessing cortical atrophy as well as for investigating the structure and function of cerebral hemispheres...
- Deep brain stimulation in the subthalamic area is more effective than nucleus ventralis intermedius stimulation for bilateral intention tremorW Hamel
Department of Neurosurgery, Christian Albrechts University, Kiel, Germany
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 149:749-58; discussion 758. 2007..The ventro-lateral thalamus is the stereotactic target of choice for severe intention tremor. Nevertheless, the optimal target area has remained controversial, and targeting of the subthalamic area has been suggested to be superior...
- An analysis of stereotactic biopsy of brain tumors and nonneoplastic lesions: a prospective clinicopathologic studyAylin Okcu Heper
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Ankara University, Shhiye, Ankara 06100, Turkey
Surg Neurol 64:S82-8. 2005....
- Benign breast lesions: minimally invasive vacuum-assisted biopsy with 11-gauge needles patient acceptance and effect on follow-up imaging findingsSabine Huber
Departments of Radiology and Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lainz Hospital, Wolkersbergenstrasse 1, 1130 Vienna, Austria
Radiology 226:783-90. 2003..To evaluate patient acceptance of stereotactic or ultrasonographically (US) guided directional vacuum-assisted 11-gauge needle biopsy of breast lesions and short- and long-term changes at mammography and US resulting from the procedure...
- An assessment of current brain targets for deep brain stimulation surgery with susceptibility-weighted imaging at 7 teslaAviva Abosch
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Neurosurgery 67:1745-56; discussion 1756. 2010..Microelectrode recording carries a risk of hemorrhage and requires active patient participation during surgery...
- Evaluation of short-term psychological functions in opiate addicts after ablating the nucleus accumbens via stereotactic surgeryFei He
Department of Psychology, Faculty of Aerospace Medicine, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shannxi, China
Stereotact Funct Neurosurg 86:320-9. 2008..To investigate the short-term psychological function of opiate addicts who have undergone ablative stereotactic surgery targeting the nucleus accumbens (NAc) for alleviating opiate drug psychological dependence...
- Sulcal variability, stereological measurement and asymmetry of Broca's area on MR imagesSimon Sean Keller
The Magnetic Resonance and Image Analysis Research Centre, University of Liverpool, UK
J Anat 211:534-55. 2007..This manuscript illustrates the importance of simultaneous consideration of brain morphology and morphometry in studies of cerebral asymmetry...
- Electrical stimulation of the prelemniscal radiation in the treatment of Parkinson's disease: an old target revised with new techniquesF Velasco
Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery Unit, General Hospital of Mexico, National Medical Center IMSS, Mexico City
Neurosurgery 49:293-306; discussion 306-8. 2001....
- An avian basal ganglia pathway essential for vocal learning forms a closed topographic loopM Luo
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Neurosci 21:6836-45. 2001..Thus, like mammals, birds have at least one closed, topographic loop traversing the basal ganglia, thalamus, and pallium. Each such loop could serve as a computational unit for motor or cognitive functions...
- Limitations of stereotactic biopsy in the initial management of gliomasR J Jackson
Department of Neurosurgery, The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Neuro Oncol 3:193-200. 2001..Stereotactic biopsy is frequently inaccurate in providing a correct diagnosis and is associated with additional risk and cost. If stereotactic biopsy is performed, expert neuropathology consultation should be sought...
- Placement of deep brain stimulators into the subthalamic nucleus or Globus pallidus internus: technical approachPhilip A Starr
University of California at San Francisco and San Francisco Veteran s Affairs Medical Center, Moffitt Hospital, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Stereotact Funct Neurosurg 79:118-45. 2002..Lead locations are documented by postoperative MRI in all cases...
- Multiarchitectonic and stereotactic atlas of the human thalamusA Morel
Functional Neurosurgery, Neurosurgery Clinic, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
J Comp Neurol 387:588-630. 1997..Nevertheless, some corrections in antero-posterior coordinates in relation to different intercommissural distances are proposed...
- Risk factors for hemorrhage during microelectrode-guided deep brain stimulator implantation for movement disordersDevin K Binder
Department of Neurological Surgery, Moffitt Hospital, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0112, USA
Neurosurgery 56:722-32; discussion 722-32. 2005..We analyzed the risk factors for symptomatic and asymptomatic hemorrhage in a large series of DBS implantations into the subthalamic nucleus, ventrolateral thalamus, and internal globus pallidus...
- Multiple target aspiration technique for subacute stereotactic aspiration of hematomas within the basal gangliaGerhard Marquardt
Neurosurgical Clinic, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Schleusenweg 2 16, 60528 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Surg Neurol 60:8-13; discussion 13-4. 2003..The objective of this paper is to present a modified stereotactic aspiration technique which complies saliently with both demands...
- Basal ganglia haematomas in non-comatose patients: subacute stereotactic aspiration improves long-term outcome in comparison to purely medical treatmentGerhard Marquardt
Neurosurgical Clinic, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Schleusenweg 2 16, 60528, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Neurosurg Rev 28:64-9. 2005..002), and the median Modified Rankin Scale score was 1 point lower (P<0.0001). We conclude that primarily non-comatose patients with basal ganglia haematomas can ultimately profit from this form of minimally invasive treatment...
- Experimental intracerebral hemorrhage in the mouse: histological, behavioral, and hemodynamic characterization of a double-injection modelLudmila Belayev
Cerebral Vascular Disease Research Center, Department of Neurology, University of Miami School of Medicine, FL 33101, USA
Stroke 34:2221-7. 2003..We investigated the effect of intrastriatal injection of blood or cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) on cerebral blood flow (CBF), neurological score, hematoma volume, and brain swelling...
- Subacute stereotactic aspiration of haematomas within the basal ganglia reduces occurrence of complications in the course of haemorrhagic stroke in non-comatose patientsGerhard Marquardt
Neurosurgical Clinic, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Cerebrovasc Dis 15:252-7. 2003..The aim of this study was to examine whether subacute stereotactic aspiration of haematomas within the basal ganglia is suitable to reduce the occurrence of complications in the course of haemorrhagic stroke in non-comatose patients...
- Complications of deep brain stimulation surgeryMarwan I Hariz
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Mov Disord 17:S162-6. 2002....
- A lightweight microdrive for single-unit recording in freely moving rats and pigeonsDavid K Bilkey
Department of Psychology, University of Otago, PO Box 56, Dunedin, New Zealand
Methods 30:152-8. 2003..Here we discuss the construction of the device and comment on its use in recording from freely moving rats and pigeons...
- Frameless stereotactic aspiration and thrombolysis of deep intracerebral hemorrhage is associated with reduced levels of extracellular cerebral glutamate and unchanged lactate pyruvate ratiosChad M Miller
Division of Neurosurgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California Los Angeles, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Neurocrit Care 6:22-9. 2007..The purpose of this study is to characterize the neurochemical changes in perihematomal tissue during frameless minimally invasive evacuation of spontaneous hematomas...
- Cone-beam computed tomography for on-line image guidance of lung stereotactic radiotherapy: localization, verification, and intrafraction tumor positionThomas G Purdie
Department of Radiation Physics, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 68:243-52. 2007..Cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) in-room imaging allows accurate inter- and intrafraction target localization in stereotactic body radiotherapy of lung tumors...
- Independent predictors of morbidity after image-guided stereotactic brain biopsy: a risk assessment of 270 casesMatthew J McGirt
Department of Neurosurgery, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Neurosurg 102:897-901. 2005..5% of patients, respectively. The goal of this study was to perform a critical analysis of risk factors predictive of an enhanced operative risk in frame-based and frameless stereotactic brain biopsy...
- Haemorrhagic complications and the incidence of asymptomatic bleeding associated with stereotactic brain biopsiesR Grossman
Department of Neurosurgery, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 147:627-31; discussion 631. 2005..Various variables that may contribute to such complications have been retrospectively analyzed...
- Dose calculations accounting for breathing motion in stereotactic lung radiotherapy based on 4D-CT and the internal target volumeMarjan A Admiraal
Catharina Hospital, Department of Radiotherapy, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Radiother Oncol 86:55-60. 2008....
- American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology and American College of Radiology practice guideline for the performance of stereotactic body radiation therapyLouis Potters
Department of Radiation Oncology, South Nassau Communities Hospital, Oceanside, NY, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 60:1026-32. 2004
- Kinematic analysis of thalamic versus subthalamic neurostimulation in postural and intention tremorJan Herzog
Department of Neurology, Christian Albrechts University Kiel, Germany
Brain 130:1608-25. 2007..The better efficacy of stimulation within the STA compared to thalamus proper favours the concept of a modulation of cerebello-thalamic projections underlying the improvement of these symptoms...
- Accuracy of frameless and frame-based image-guided stereotactic brain biopsy in the diagnosis of glioma: comparison of biopsy and open resection specimenGraeme Woodworth
Departments of Neurosurgery and Oncology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Neurol Res 27:358-62. 2005..There has been a dramatic increase in the utilization of frameless image-guided stereotactic brain biopsy; however, its accuracy in the diagnosis of glioma remains unstudied...
- Stereotactic radiotherapy for centrally located early-stage lung tumorsSuresh Senan
J Clin Oncol 25:464; author reply 465. 2007
- Comparison of helical, maximum intensity projection (MIP), and averaged intensity (AI) 4D CT imaging for stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) planning in lung cancerJeffrey D Bradley
Department of Radiation Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Radiother Oncol 81:264-8. 2006....
- Hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy (HypoFXSRT) for stage I non-small cell lung cancer: updated results of 257 patients in a Japanese multi-institutional studyHiroshi Onishi
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, Yamanashi University, Shimokato, Chuo City, Yamanashi, Japan
J Thorac Oncol 2:S94-100. 2007..We retrospectively analyzed the treatment outcome of HypoFXSRT for stage I non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) treated in a Japanese multi-institutional study...
- Complications in 622 cases of frame-based stereotactic biopsy, a decreasing procedurePaul N Kongkham
Division of Neurosurgery, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Can J Neurol Sci 35:79-84. 2008..We reviewed the surgical experience of one surgeon to determine the nature and frequency of complications associated with this procedure...
- Pretargeting for the implantation of stimulation electrodes into the subthalamic nucleus: a comparative study of magnetic resonance imaging and ventriculographySorin Breit
INSERM U 318, Department of Neurobiology, University Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France
Neurosurgery 58:ONS83-95. 2006..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the accuracy of the preoperative MRI targeting as compared with ventriculography in terms of both the STN target as well as the internal landmarks...
- Precision radiotherapy for hemangiopericytomas of the central nervous systemStephanie E Combs
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Cancer 104:2457-65. 2005..The present analysis evaluates the role of precision RT in the management of HAP of the central nervous system (CNS) and represents one of the largest series of HAP treated with RT that can be found in the literature...
- Frameless image-guided stereotactic brain biopsy procedure: diagnostic yield, surgical morbidity, and comparison with the frame-based techniqueGraeme F Woodworth
Department of Neurosurgery, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Neurosurg 104:233-7. 2006..Few authors have evaluated this procedure, analyzed preoperative predictors of diagnostic yield, or explored the differences in diagnostic yield and morbidity rate between the frameless and frame-based techniques...
- Frameless stereotactic aspiration and thrombolysis of spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhageRyan J Barrett
Department of Neurosurgery, Providence Hospital and Medical Centers, Southfield, MI, USA
Neurocrit Care 3:237-45. 2005..We compared the observed cohort mortality with its predicted 30-day ICH mortality, by using previously validated methods...
- Safety and efficacy of frameless and frame-based intracranial biopsy techniquesR Dammers
Department of Neurosurgery, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 150:23-9. 2008..We report our experience of a large number of procedures performed with one or other technique...
- Stereotactic hypofractionated high-dose irradiation for stage I nonsmall cell lung carcinoma: clinical outcomes in 245 subjects in a Japanese multiinstitutional studyHiroshi Onishi
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, University of Yamanashi, Tamaho cho, Nakakoma gun, Japan
Cancer 101:1623-31. 2004..The authors retrospectively evaluated results from a Japanese multiinstitutional study...
- Stereotactic biopsy for intracranial lesions: reliability and its impact on the planning of treatmentJ E Kim
Department of Neurosurgery, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 145:547-54; discussion 554-5. 2003..The authors present a retrospective analysis of 308 computed tomography (CT)-guided stereotactic biopsies in 300 patients in order to evaluate the reliability and efficacy of the stereotactic biopsy for intracranial lesions...
- Subthalamic nucleus stimulation in Parkinson's disease: clinical evaluation of 18 patientsS Thobois
Service de Neurologie D, Hopital Neurologique Pierre Wertheimer, 59 Bd Pinel, 69003 Lyon, France
J Neurol 249:529-34. 2002..This study confirms the great value of subthalamic nucleus stimulation in the treatment of intractable PD. Some adverse events such as depression may be taken into account in the inclusion criteria and also in the post-operative outcome...
- Stereotactic biopsy in gliomas guided by 3-tesla 1H-chemical-shift imaging of cholineElvis J Hermann
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical School Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Stereotact Funct Neurosurg 86:300-7. 2008..To investigate chemical-shift imaging (CSI) to guide stereotactic biopsy of the choline 'hot spot' in cerebral lesions suggestive of low-grade glioma...
- Intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) for recurrent, residual, or untreated skull-base meningiomas: preliminary clinical experienceAndrea Pirzkall
Department of Clinical Radiology, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 55:362-72. 2003..To investigate the feasibility of using intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) for complex-shaped benign meningiomas of the skull base and report clinical experience...
- Treatment of recurrent malignant gliomas with stereotactic intensity modulated radiation therapyGeorge Voynov
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030 2930, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 25:606-11. 2002..Fractionated stereotactic intensity modulated radiation therapy is a novel technique used in the treatment of recurrent malignant gliomas, which produces results comparable to other currently used stereotactic techniques...
- Prospective feasibility study of outpatient stereotactic brain lesion biopsyRatan D Bhardwaj
Division of Neurosurgery, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Neurosurgery 51:358-61; discussion 361-4. 2002..To assess the safety and feasibility of performing computed tomography-guided stereotactic brain lesion biopsy as an outpatient day-surgery procedure...
- Low-grade glioma on stereotactic biopsy: how often is the diagnosis accurate?Y Muragaki
Department of Neurosurgery, Neurological Institute, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 51:275-9. 2008..Tumors with low proliferative activity and mixed gliomas are especially susceptible for erroneous tumor typing. Undergrading of high-grade gliomas may be suspected if the MIB-1 index in the tumor specimen constitutes more, than 3%...
- Multiplanar MRI-CT fusion neuronavigation-guided serial stereotactic biopsy of human brain tumors: proof of a strong correlation between tumor imaging and histopathology by a new technical approachSusanne Antje Kuhn
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical Center of Friedrich Schiller University, 07747 Jena, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 135:1293-302. 2009....
- Intraoperative microelectrode and semi-microelectrode recording during the physiological localization of the thalamic nucleus ventral intermediateIra M Garonzik
Department of Neurosurgery, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 7713, USA
Mov Disord 17:S135-44. 2002..We also review the relationship between thalamic neuronal firing and electromyographic activity during tremor. Implications of these results for the mechanisms for parkinsonian, essential, and intention tremors are discussed...
- Stereotactic biopsies of brain lesionsManoel Jacobsen Teixeira
Departamento de Neurologia, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Estadual de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 67:74-7. 2009..Several deep-seated lesions near eloquent areas are not safely approached by the classical neurosurgical procedures. These patients can get benefit by a minimally invasive procedure...
- Spectroscopy-supported frame-based image-guided stereotactic biopsy of parenchymal brain lesions: comparative evaluation of diagnostic yield and diagnostic accuracyMikhail F Chernov
International Research and Educational Institute for Integrated Medical Sciences IREIIMS, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 111:527-35. 2009..Comparative evaluation of diagnostic efficacy of stereotactic brain biopsy performed with and without additional use of spectroscopic imaging ((1)H-MRS) for target selection was done...
- Microelectrode recording and macrostimulation in thalamic and subthalamic MRI guided stereotactic surgeryM Magnin
IFR 19, EA 1880, Sleep Disorders Unit, Neurological Hospital, 59, boulevard Pinel, 69003 Lyon, France
Neurophysiol Clin 31:230-8. 2001....
- Clinical validation of true frameless stereotactic biopsy: analysis of the first 125 consecutive casesT S Paleologos
University Department of Neurosurgery, The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, London, England
Neurosurgery 49:830-5; discussion 835-7. 2001....
- Establishing a benchmark for complications using frame-based stereotactic surgeryL Dade Lunsford
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Stereotact Funct Neurosurg 86:278-87. 2008..These results may serve as a benchmark against which free-hand or guided neuronavigation approaches may be measured, as both the advantages and risks of such procedures are assessed...
- Comparison of 18F-FDG and 11C-methionine for PET-guided stereotactic brain biopsy of gliomasBenoit Pirotte
Department of Neurosurgery, Erasme Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
J Nucl Med 45:1293-8. 2004..We compared the contributions of the labeled tracers (11)C-methionine (Met) and (18)F-FDG for PET-guided stereotactic biopsy of brain gliomas...
- Results of positron emission tomography guidance and reassessment of the utility of and indications for stereotactic biopsy in children with infiltrative brainstem tumorsBenoit J M Pirotte
Department of Neurosurgery, Erasme Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
J Neurosurg 107:392-9. 2007..Their aim was to assess the benefit of the technique in terms of target selection and diagnostic yield...
- Frameless stereotactic brain biopsy procedures using the Stealth Station: indications, accuracy and resultsJ Gralla
Department of Neurosurgery, University Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Zentralbl Neurochir 64:166-70. 2003..Frameless stereotaxy in combination with intraoperative pathological confirmation is a safe and reliable method for stereotactic brain biopsy with a diagnostic yield comparable to frame-based stereotaxy...
- Frame-based stereotactic biopsy remains an important diagnostic tool with distinct advantages over frameless stereotactic biopsyJustin S Smith
Department of Neurological Surgery, Brain Tumor Research Center, University of California at San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, 94143 0112 San Francisco, California, USA
J Neurooncol 73:173-9. 2005..We retrospectively reviewed the UCSF experience with stereotactic brain biopsy from a 9 year period...
- Critical review of nonsurgical treatment options for stage I non-small cell lung cancerCornelis J A Haasbeek
Department of Radiation Oncology, VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Oncologist 13:309-19. 2008..Reported 2-year local control rates after SRT are comparable with those achieved with surgery, and prospective randomized trials comparing surgery with SRT in patients who are fit to undergo surgery are now being planned...
- Stereotactic biopsy aided by a computer graphics workstation: experience with 200 consecutive casesA J Ulm
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Surg Neurol 56:366-71; discussion 371-2. 2001..5%). There was no mortality in this series. Symptomatic hemorrhages occurred in 4 cases (2%). CONCLUSIONS: Computer graphics workstations facilitate safe and effective biopsies in virtually any brain area...
- Stereotactic treatment of intracerebral hematoma by means of a plasminogen activator: a multicenter randomized controlled trial (SICHPA)O P M Teernstra
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands
Stroke 34:968-74. 2003..Recent reports suggest a favorable effect of stereotactic blood clot removal after liquefaction by means of a plasminogen activator. The SICHPA trial was aimed at investigating the efficacy of this treatment...
- Stereotactic brain biopsy: An audit of sampling reliability in a clinical case seriesN Shastri-Hurst
Department of Neuropathology, University Hospital, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Br J Neurosurg 20:222-6. 2006....
- Stereotactic biopsy guidance in adults with supratentorial nonenhancing gliomas: role of perfusion-weighted magnetic resonance imagingAntonio C M Maia
Centro de Medicina Diagnóstica Fleury, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
J Neurosurg 101:970-6. 2004..The authors hypothesized that perfusion-weighted imaging could provide information on the microcirculation in presumed supratentorial LGGs...
- The advantages of frameless stereotactic biopsy over frame-based biopsyN L Dorward
Department of Neurosurgery, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Br J Neurosurg 16:110-8. 2002..The principles are discussed and the authors propose a definition for the term 'frameless stereotaxy'...
- Quantitative MRI: a reliable protocol for measurement of cerebral gyrification using stereologyLisa Ronan
Department of Neurophysics, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9, Ireland
Magn Reson Imaging 24:265-72. 2006..We also conduct a series of inter- and intrarater repeatability tests based on 20 normal brains, which demonstrated the reliability and robustness of stereological techniques...
- The role of modern imaging modalities on deep brain stimulation targeting for mental illnessM Sedrak
Division of Neurosurgery, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Acta Neurochir Suppl 101:3-7. 2008..The explosion of anatomical and functional imaging has allowed the development of new potential targets and the understanding of historical targets...
- A method to accurately inject tumor cells into the caudate/putamen nuclei of the mouse brainShinya Yamada
Department of Neurosurgery, Tokai University Oiso Hospital, Japan
Tokai J Exp Clin Med 29:167-73. 2004..To improve currently used techniques to implant tumor cells into the parenchyma of the mouse brain...
- Preferential use of sonographically guided biopsy to minimize patient discomfort and procedure time in a percutaneous image-guided breast biopsy programMartha B Mainiero
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Brown Medical School, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence 02903, USA
J Ultrasound Med 21:1221-6. 2002..To determine whether preferential use of sonographic guidance for percutaneous biopsy of breast masses results in a subset of patients with a shorter procedure time and less discomfort compared with patients undergoing stereotactic biopsy...
- Accuracy and diagnostic yield of stereotactic biopsy in the diagnosis of brain masses: comparison of results of biopsy and resected surgical specimensFugen V Aker
Department of Pathology, Haydarpasa Numune Education and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Neuropathology 25:207-13. 2005..Cytological evaluation of the streotactic biopsy also is a highly effective tool for obtaining sufficient material during the procedure in many cases...
- Stereotactic coregistration of 201Tl SPECT and MRI applied to brain tumor biopsiesSimone Hemm
Research Unit on Movement Disorders URMA, University Hospital, Montpellier, France
J Nucl Med 46:1151-7. 2005..Furthermore, the predictive value of the integrated techniques was analyzed by comparison with the corresponding histologically determined metabolic activity...
- A three-dimensional MRI atlas of the zebra finch brain in stereotaxic coordinatesColline Poirier
Bio Imaging Lab, Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Antwerp, 2020 Antwerp, Belgium
Neuroimage 41:1-6. 2008....
- Clinical and economic consequences of early discharge of patients following supratentorial stereotactic brain biopsyW Kaakaji
Department of Neurological Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
J Neurosurg 94:892-8. 2001..Extended outpatient observation (8-23 hours) is not clinically necessary and may be economically prohibitive in the setting of a teaching hospital...
- Extracellular spike microrecordings from the subthalamic area in Parkinson's diseaseSimona Mrakic-Sposta
Dipartimento di Scienze Neurologiche, Universita di Milano, Fondazione IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, Milano 20122, Italy
J Clin Neurosci 15:559-67. 2008....
- Stimulation of subterritories of the subthalamic nucleus reveals its role in the integration of the emotional and motor aspects of behaviorLuc Mallet
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale AVENIR Group, Behavior, Emotion, and Basal Ganglia, 75013 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:10661-6. 2007....
- Combined x-ray and magnetic resonance imaging facility: application to image-guided stereotactic and functional neurosurgeryStefan Hunsche
Department of Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Neurosurgery 60:352-60; discussion 360-1. 2007..To assess the feasibility of a hybrid imaging setup combining x-ray and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in the setting of both stereotactic and functional neurosurgery...
- Insertion of subdural strip electrodes for the investigation of temporal lobe epilepsy. Technical noteDavid A Steven
Epilepsy Programme, Department of Clinical Neurological Sciences, University of Western Ontario, London Health Sciences Centre, London, Ontario, Canada
J Neurosurg 106:1102-6. 2007..The technique does not require the use of a craniotomy, stereotactic frame, or neuronavigation systems. The authors compare this technique with previous descriptions of subdural electrode placement for the evaluation of TLE...
- Chronic stimulation of the posterior hypothalamic region for cluster headache: technique and 1-year results in four patientsPhilip A Starr
Departments of Neurosurgery, University of California at San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Neurosurg 106:999-1005. 2007..Two small case series have been described. Here, the authors report their technical approach, intraoperative physiological observations, and 1-year outcomes after hypothalamic DBS in four patients with medically intractable CHs...
- Electrical stimulation of the hippocampal epileptic foci for seizure control: a double-blind, long-term follow-up studyAna Luisa Velasco
Unit of Stereotactic, Functional Neurosurgery and Radiosurgery, Hospital General de México Mexico City, Mexico
Epilepsia 48:1895-903. 2007....
- Lessons from 8 years' experience of hypothalamic stimulation in cluster headacheM Leone
Headache Centre, Neurology Department III, Fodazione Istituto Nazionale Neurologico Carlo Besta, Milano, Italy
Cephalalgia 28:787-97; discussion 798. 2008..The technique is shedding further light on the pathophysiology of the disease, and is also providing clues to functioning of the hypothalamus itself...
- Accuracy and distortion of deep brain stimulation electrodes on postoperative MRI and CTM O Pinsker
Department of Neurosurgery, UK SH, Kiel, Germany
Zentralbl Neurochir 69:144-7. 2008..The goal of this study was to determine the relation and size of these artefacts to the electrodes by comparing the position of the electrodes in postoperative MR and CT imaging...
- Magnetic resonance imaging-directed method for functional neurosurgery using implantable guide tubesNikunj K Patel
Institute of Neurosciences, Frenchay Hospital, Bristol, England
Neurosurgery 61:358-65; discussion 365-6. 2007..We present a magnetic resonance imaging-directed stereotactic system using implantable guide tubes for targeting deep brain nuclei in functional neurosurgery...
- Electrode implantation for deep brain stimulation in dystonia: a fast spin-echo inversion-recovery sequence technique for direct stereotactic targeting of the GPIM O Pinsker
Department of Neurosurgery, UK SH, Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Zentralbl Neurochir 69:71-5. 2008..We present our technique for direct preoperative visualization of the target using a fast spin-echo inversion-recovery (FSE-IR) sequence...
- [CyberKnife robotic radiosurgery]Kenichi Saito
Department of Neurosurgery, Konan St Hill Hospital, 108 Tsumazakikaisaku, Ube, Yamaguchi 759 0204, Japan
No To Shinkei 58:277-88. 2006
- Validation of a fiducial-based atlas localization method for deep brain stimulation contacts in the area of the subthalamic nucleusTom O Videen
Department of Neurology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Neurosci Methods 168:275-81. 2008..This method provides an accurate and reliable means for STN DBS contact localization...
- [Subthalamic nucleus stimulation using a Fisher ZD stereotactic frame, MR-CT fusion guidance and peroperative orthogonal radiographs, in Parkinson disease]D Fontaine
Service de Neurochirurgie, Hopital Pasteur, CHU de Nice, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, 30, avenue de la Voie Romaine, 06000 Nice, France
Neurochirurgie 53:463-9. 2007..We present the method and results of an original technique to implant electrodes in the subthalamic nucleus (STN) to treat Parkinson's disease, based on adaptations of the Fisher ZD stereotactic frame...
- Image-Guided Otologic SurgeryRobert Labadie; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is anticipated that this system will make ear surgery safer and more efficient. ..
- Cerebellar stimulation for motor recovery from strokeAndre Machado; Fiscal Year: 2008..Thus, promising results from a study such as the one proposed ultimately could lead directly to trials in human patients with stroke as the hardware and techniques are already well established. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Deep brain stimulation of the ventral anterior limb of the internal capsule for mAndre Machado; Fiscal Year: 2009..In this proposal, we describe an innovative approach to alleviate suffering and disability among those with severe and refractory chronic neuropathic pain. ..
- PALLIDAL PHYSIOLOGY IN HUMAN AND PRIMATE DYSTONIAPHILIP STARR; Fiscal Year: 2005..Development of an animal model in a large nonhuman primate will open the possibility for further detailed investigations of basal ganglia physiology in dystonia, beyond those which are possible during human surgery. ..
- BRAIN AND SPINAL CORD CONTRIBUTIONS TO ANESTHETIC ACTIONJOSEPH ANTOGNINI; Fiscal Year: 2005..This information will aid the development of newer and safer anesthetics, as well as lead to clinically useful means of modulating the neurotransmitter systems that are themselves modulated by anesthetics. ..
- Gene expression associated with the CNS reinforcing act*ZACHARY RODD HENRICKS; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of the proposed project will provide valuable information on neuronal systems and receptors within the extended amygdala involved in mediating the rewarding properties of alcohol. ..
- ANESTHETIC EFFECTS ON SENSORIMOTOR INTEGRATIONJOSEPH ANTOGNINI; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding how and where anesthetics act will eventually lead to the development of better and safer anesthetics, thereby decreasing peri-operative morbidity and mortality and improving public health. ..
- Long-term Ambulatory Gait Monitor for Parkinson's DiseaseSteven Moore; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Therapeutic Studies of Primary CNS Malignancies-NABTTGene Barnett; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Participating Member Institution in NABTCLisa DeAngelis; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- OPIOIDS AND CENTRAL NEURAL REGULATION OF RENAL FUNCTIONDANIEL KAPUSTA; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Perinatal hypoxia-ischemia, glutamate receptors, and Nitric Oxide SynthaseZhengwei Cai; Fiscal Year: 2007..Direct effects of inflammatory cytokines and IGF-1 on survival and differentiation of OLs will be examined in cultures of OLs at various maturation stages. ..
- An image-guided neurosurgical workstationPaul Glimcher; Fiscal Year: 2007..This will let us quickly and easily find brain areas and investigate how they work together to give rise to cognition in ways that are currently unfeasible. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Multispectral Confocal and Image Analysis FacilityRichard Cole; Fiscal Year: 2007..The final project is developing better ways to analyze the three-dimensional images collected by the requested microscope by making advanced computer analysis available to all the microscope users. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Deep Brain Stimulation Using Microactuated MicroprobesJit Muthuswamy; Fiscal Year: 2006..Future developments of this technology could lead to an efficient delivery vehicle for drug or gene therapy. ..
- Auditory cortex asymmetry in normals and schizophrenicsJohn Smiley; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neurodevelopmental ApoptosisNuri Farber; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Aging and Sites of Action of Cognition-Enhancing DrugsDIANA WOODRUFF PAK; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will likely support hypotheses about ACh mechanisms in learning and memory and may identify the cerebellum as an additional site of drug action. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Bone Marrow Stem Cells: Novel Treatment of Human GliomaFrederick F Lang; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Volatile Anesthetic Action in Vertebrate Locomotor SystemsSteven L Jinks; Fiscal Year: 2010..Results from these projects will increase our understanding of how and where anesthetics act in the nervous system, contributing to the development of safer anesthetics and clinical practices. ..
- Gemcitabine-Radiation for Advanced Pancreatic CancerTheodore S Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 2010..We feel our preclinical and clinical team with a track record of 10 years of carrying out leading clinical trials in this area makes it likely that these studies will improve patient outcome. ..
- Mechanisms of Associative Learning in Aging: Mouse ModelsDiana S Woodruff Pak; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal has the potential to expand perspectives and devise treatments to facilitate learning and memory in older adults. ..
- Single neuronal recordings using movable mircrophobesJITENDRAN MUTHUSWAMY; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- In vivo MR Evaluation of Cell Therapy for StrokeQuan Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Glucocorticoids and Apoptosis of Cerebellar Neural Progenitor CellsNuri Farber; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Epidemilogy of Parkinsonism in WeldersBrad A Racette; Fiscal Year: 2011..The cohort assembled will provide unique opportunities for future research projects into gene-environment interactions and exposure related neuroimaging changes. ..
- Amyloid-B and Apolipoprotein E in Traumatic Brain InjuryDavid Brody; Fiscal Year: 2008..This work may lead to improved therapeutic options for patients with TBI in the future. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IMAGE GUIDED THERAPY CENTERFerenc Jolesz; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of Leptin Signaling in the HypothalamusAbhiram Sahu; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will further our understanding of leptin signaling in the hypothalamus in relation to feeding, and therefore will be relevant to the development of therapeutic approaches to eating disorders. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Intraoperative 3T MRI Scanner for Minimally Invasive TherapyFerenc Jolesz; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dendritic Cell Immunotherapy of Malignant GliomasJohn Sampson; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- SLEEP CONTROL BY THERMOSENSITIVE NEURONSDennis McGinty; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will provide a new model of interactions of NREM and REM sleep mechanisms and will contribute to the understanding of human diseases including narcolepsy and affective disorder in which NREM-REM coupling is disordered. ..
- Molecular Targeting of the Vanilloid-1 ReceptorJOHN NEUBERT; Fiscal Year: 2006..These outcomes are expected to have significant positive effects on a wide spectrum of pain relating to tissue damage and injury. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IMAGE-GUIDED ROBOTICALLY-POSITIONED TMS SYSTEMJack Lancaster; Fiscal Year: 2006..This application is in response to the NIHM Topic B "Instrumentation for Basic and Clinical Neurosciences Research" in the omnibus solicitation. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Extracranial Stereotactic Radioablation in Lung CancerRonald McGarry; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Acoustic Interference on Attention in HIV PatientsDardo Tomasi; Fiscal Year: 2003..More generally, this study will also improve the understanding of the neural effects of acoustic noise interference during fMRI studies in healthy populations. ..
- Neurogenesis in the Human BrainAlfredo Quinones Hinojosa; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Spontaneous Arousals in "CHIME" Infants at Risk for SIDSROBERT DARNALL; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, we will examine the relationships among the level of arousal, post-conceptional age, sleep state, and other infant behaviors such as feeding that are also associated with changes in autonomic activity. ..
- Mechanism of Opiate Induced Audiovestibular DysfunctionGail Ishiyama; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- BRAIN MONOAMINES AND LUTEINIZING HORMONE SECRETIONWilliam Crowley; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Personality and Medication Adherence in TransplantationCAROL STILLEY; Fiscal Year: 2003..medication regimes. The goal of the, a relatively new researcher, is to gain experience in order to develop more extensive study of psychological factors which better explain and predict treatment adherence after organ transplantation. ..
- GENETICS OF PARKINSON DISEASE IN THE AMISHBrad Racette; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- LEPTIN ACTION ON HYPOTHALAMIC PEPTIDES GOVERNING FEEDINGAbhiram Sahu; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will further our understanding of leptin signaling in the hypothalamus in relation to feeding, and therefore will be relevant to the development of therapeutic approaches to eating disorders. ..
- LENTIVIRAL DELIVERY OF GDNF AND BCL-2 IN PD MODELMarina Emborg; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will serve as the preclinical foundation to determine whether this in vivo method to deliver these potent trophic factor and antiapoptotic genes will be suitable for testing in patients with PD. ..
- Cardio-renal actions of novel nociceptin analoguesDANIEL KAPUSTA; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is anticipated that work in this area will provide new strategies for the treatment of different pathological states associated with fluid retention and/or hyponatremia/hypokalemia. ..
- Multiscale Analysis of Neuronal MorphologyPatrick Hof; Fiscal Year: 2009..Such studies will provide crucial insight into general mechanisms of memory induction and maintenance that underlie normal cognitive function, its dysfunction in diseased states, and potential mechanisms for its restoration. ..
- Auditory Cortex: Regional Pathology In SchizophreniaRobert Sweet; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Perinatal infection, cytokines and brain injuryZhengwei Cai; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Mechanisms of Axonal Sprouting After StrokeSTANLEY CARMICHAEL; Fiscal Year: 2007..These experiments will identify neuronal growth programs after stroke, and Iocal inhibitory molecules, and provide an understanding of the mechanisms of regeneration in the adult brain. ..
- ER Reporter Genes To Predict Response To Endocrine TherapyWILLIAM SYMMANS; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Purinergic control of medullary pain modulationNathan Selden; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- NITROXIDERGIC CEREBROVASCULAR TONE DURING ANESTHESIAShailendra Joshi; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Measuring the Aversive Effects of Alcohol WithdrawalJULIA CHESTER; Fiscal Year: 2006..Studies using this place conditioning technique are likely to provide important information that will lead to the development of novel behavioral and pharmacological treatments for alcoholism. ..
- Mechanisms of Neuronal Regeneration after Stroke in a Novel Neurovascular NicheSTANLEY THOMAS CARMICHAEL; Fiscal Year: 2010..An understanding of the molecules that promote this neural stem cell response after stroke will help develop novel therapies to promote replacement of brain cells in this disease. ..
- Adherence & Health Outcomes after Liver TransplantationCarol S Stilley; Fiscal Year: 2010..The application of this research would serve as the basis to advance significantly the nation's capacity to protect and preserve health in transplant populations. ..
- Targeting AKT as a novel therapy in pancreatic cancerRichard Bold; Fiscal Year: 2007..These results will provide mechanistic as well as pre-clinical data in support of our hypothesis and will allow for the development of novel therapy of human pancreatic cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Antidepressant Effect on Hippocampal SynaptogenesisTibor Hajszan; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DEEP BRAIN STIMULATION--COGNITION/MOTIVATION/MOOD IN PDMarjan Jahanshahi; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- P28-DRA IN THE STRESS RESPONSE OF MAMMALIAN CELLSMichael Story; Fiscal Year: 2001..Understanding how p28dra functions will provide new insights into overcoming resistance to cancer therapy and possibly lead to new clinical strategies in cancer management. ..
- Robotic MastoidectomyRobert Labadie; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is hypothesized that this strategy will be more efficient than either the human or robotic interventions examined in Specific Aim 2. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pharmacotherapy for Minor DepressionRobert Howland; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study will have profound public health implications by improving our understanding of the efficacy of SJW and standard antidepressants for the treatment of MinorD. ..
- Web-Based Instruction for Medical DosimetristsPaul Keall; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Central Mechanisms of Respiratory ArrestFadi Xu; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Improving gene therapy-mediated radiosensitizationTheodore Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- RADIATION DOSE ESCALATION FOR FOCAL LIVER CANCERTheodore Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Liver Radioprotection by Systemic of Regional AmifostineTheodore Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our preliminary data, research team, and record for translating preclinical findings to the clinic suggest that this proposal is likely to improve the outcome of treatment of patients with diffuse intrahepatic cancer. ..
- CEREBELLUM--ROLE IN THE CHEMICAL CONTROL OF BREATHINGFadi Xu; Fiscal Year: 2003..Perhaps, more exciting is the emerging concept that the cerebellum may be far more involved in the planning and executing of motor responses, including respiration, than we have heretofore imagined. ..