Genomes and Genes
laser doppler flowmetry
Summary: A method of non-invasive, continuous measurement of microcirculation. The technique is based on the values of the Doppler effect of low-power laser light scattered randomly by static structures and moving tissue particulates.
Publications276 found, 100 shown here
- An audit of the use of laser Doppler imaging (LDI) in the assessment of burns of intermediate depthS A Pape
Royal Victoria Infirmary, NE1 4LP, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Burns 27:233-9. 2001..We recommend that all burns of intermediate depth should be analysed in this way in order to ensure appropriate management of the burn, to avoid unnecessary surgery and to reduce hospital stay and costs...
- Wavelet analysis of oscillations in the peripheral blood circulation measured by laser Doppler techniqueA Stefanovska
Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 46:1230-9. 1999..frequency resolution, was used to analyze oscillations in human peripheral blood flow measured by laser Doppler flowmetry. The oscillations extended over a wide frequency scale and their periods varied in time...
- Human skin microcirculation after brachial plexus block evaluated by wavelet transform of the laser Doppler flowmetry signalSvein A Landsverk
Department of Anesthesiology, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Anesthesiology 105:478-84. 2006The skin microcirculation may be evaluated noninvasively by laser Doppler flowmetry and iontophoresis with acetylcholine and sodium nitroprusside...
- Review of methodological developments in laser Doppler flowmetryVinayakrishnan Rajan
Institute of Biomedical Technology, Biophysical Engineering Group, University of Twente, P O Box 217, 7500AE, Enschede, The Netherlands
Lasers Med Sci 24:269-83. 2009b>Laser Doppler flowmetry is a non-invasive method of measuring microcirculatory blood flow in tissue. In this review the technique is discussed in detail. The theoretical and experimental developments to improve the technique are reviewed...
- Effect of ischemic preconditioning on rat liver microcirculation monitored with laser Doppler flowmetryAttila Szijarto
Department of Surgery, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
J Surg Res 131:150-7. 2006..This study investigated the effect of IP on hepatic microcirculation (HM) and analyzed the objective parameters of the HM using laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF).
- Pulse transit times to the capillary bed evaluated by laser Doppler flowmetryAlan Bernjak
Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Ljubljana, Trzaska 25, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia Physics Department, Lancaster University, LA1 4YB, UK
Physiol Meas 30:245-60. 2009..To do so, we detected cardiac-induced pulse waves in skin microcirculation using laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF)...
- Pulp revascularization of replanted immature dog teeth after treatment with minocycline and doxycycline assessed by laser Doppler flowmetry, radiography, and histologyAlessandra Luisa de Souza Ritter
Department of Endodontics, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7450, USA
Dent Traumatol 20:75-84. 2004..Thirty-four immature teeth were selected from three young dogs. Baseline radiographs and laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF) readings were obtained...
- Comparison of near-infrared spectroscopy and laser Doppler flowmetry for detecting decreased hepatic inflow in the porcine liverJunichi Kaneko
Artificial Organ and Transplantation Division, Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Invest Surg 22:268-74. 2009..Near-infrared spectroscopy or laser Doppler flowmetry can be used to detect tissue oxygenation or microcirculation on the liver surface...
- Dose-dependent vasodilatory effects of acetylcholine and local warming on skin microcirculationSamuel Christen
Division of Clinical Pathophysiology, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 44:659-64. 2004..These techniques represent a unique means to investigate noninvasively the functional vasodilatory capacity of the skin microvasculature...
- Reproducibility and methodological issues of skin post-occlusive and thermal hyperemia assessed by single-point laser Doppler flowmetryM Roustit
Inserm CIC3, Grenoble Clinical Research Center, Grenoble University Hospital, France
Microvasc Res 79:102-8. 2010..We also evaluated spatial reproducibility of both tests on the forearm. Finally, we assessed the influence of mental stress and room temperature variations on PORH and LTH...
- Vascular evaluation in laryngeal diseases: comparison between contact endoscopy and laser Doppler flowmetryMichihiko Sone
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 132:1371-4. 2006..To determine the efficacies of 2 methods for evaluating vascular changes in laryngeal diseases...
- Low-frequency oscillations of the laser Doppler perfusion signal in human skinPer Kvandal
Department of Intensive Care Medicine, Ulleval University Hospital, 0407 Oslo, Norway
Microvasc Res 72:120-7. 2006..Thus, other endothelial mechanisms, such as endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor (EDHF), might be involved in the regulation of this sixth frequency interval (0.005-0.0095 Hz)...
- Involvement of sympathetic nerve activity in skin blood flow oscillations in humansTorbjörn Söderström
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Malmo University Hospital, S 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 284:H1638-46. 2003..02-0.05 hz...
- Robust flow measurement with multi-exposure speckle imagingAshwin B Parthasarathy
Department of Biomedical Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, 78712, USA
Opt Express 16:1975-89. 2008..We also show that the new speckle model used with the MESI instrument can maintain the linearity of relative flow measurements in the presence of static scatterers...
- Abnormal endothelium-dependent microvascular reactivity in recently preeclamptic womenJudith Blaauw
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Groningen University Medical Centre, Groningen, The Netherlands
Obstet Gynecol 105:626-32. 2005....
- Role of nitric oxide in the vascular effects of local warming of the skin in humansD L Kellogg
Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Department of Veterans Affairs, South Texas Veterans Health Care System, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 78284, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 86:1185-90. 1999..Thus NOS inhibition attenuated, and sodium nitroprusside restored, the cutaneous vasodilation induced by elevation of Tloc; therefore, the mechanism of cutaneous vasodilation by local warming requires NOS generation of NO...
- Clinical significance of tissue blood flow during esophagectomy by laser Doppler flowmetryY Ikeda
First Department of Surgery, Teikyo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 122:1101-6. 2001..We sought to investigate the effect of tissue blood flow on the incidence of anastomotic leakage during esophagectomy...
- Measurement depth and volume in laser Doppler flowmetryIngemar Fredriksson
Linkoping University, Department of Biomedical Engineering, University Hospital, S 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Microvasc Res 78:4-13. 2009A new method for estimating the measurement depth and volume in laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF) is presented. The method is based on Monte Carlo simulations of light propagation in tissue...
- Noninvasive measure of microvascular nitric oxide function in humans using very low-frequency cutaneous laser Doppler flow spectraJulian M Stewart
New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York, USA
Microcirculation 14:169-80. 2007While higher frequency oscillations (0.021-0.6 Hz) in cutaneous blood flow measured by laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF) relate to oscillations in blood pressure and sympathetic nerve activity, very low-frequency oscillations (VLF, 0.0095-0...
- Relationship between post-occlusive forearm skin reactive hyperaemia and vascular disease in patients with Type 2 diabetes--a novel index for detecting micro- and macrovascular dysfunction using laser Doppler flowmetryR Yamamoto-Suganuma
Department of Internal Medicine, Koshigaya Hospital, Dokkyo, Medical University, Saitama, Japan
Diabet Med 26:83-8. 2009....
- Blunted vasodilatory responses in the cutaneous microcirculation of cigarette smokersCyril Pellaton
Division of Clinical Pathophysiology and Medical Teaching, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
Am Heart J 144:269-74. 2002..The present study was undertaken to investigate whether chronic smoking alters the vasodilatory capacity in the microcirculation...
- Functional laser Doppler flowmetry of the optic nerve: physiological aspects and clinical applicationsCharles E Riva
Dipartimento di Discipline Chirurgiche, Rianomatorie e dei Trapianti Antonio Valsalva, Universita di Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Prog Brain Res 173:149-63. 2008The present paper reviews the methodology and clinical results of recording, by laser Doppler flowmetry, the hemodynamic response of the optic nerve head elicited by visual stimulation...
- He-Ne laser effects on blood microcirculation during wound healing: a method of in vivo study through laser Doppler flowmetrySilvia Cristina Nunez
Centro de Lasers e aplicacoes Instituto de Pesquisas Energéticas e Nucleares, IPEN CNEN SP, Sao Paulo, Brazil 05508 000
Lasers Surg Med 35:363-8. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate blood flow alterations in a wound healing model, using laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF) associated with a normalized perfusion parameter.
- Transcutaneous delivery of prostaglandin E1: in vitro and laser doppler flowmetry studyM Foldvari
College of Pharmacy and Nutrition and Departments of Pharmacology, Surgery, and Medical Imaging, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, Canada S7N 5C9
J Pharm Sci 87:721-5. 1998..and nonliposomal (oil/water cream) delivery systems] in vitro using diffusion cells and in vivo using laser doppler flowmetry, to aid in the development of a topically active preparation for the treatment of male sexual dysfunction...
- The effect of intranasal budesonide spray on mucosal blood flow measured with laser Doppler flowmetryA Cervin
Department of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Lund, S-221 85 Lund, Sweden
Rhinology 39:13-6. 2001..Blood flow was measured on the nasal septum with Laser Doppler flowmetry up to 20 min after administration...
- Optic nerve head blood flow using scanning laser Doppler flowmetry after laser in situ keratomileusisAkif Ozdamar
Department of Ophthalmology, Cerrahpasa Medical School, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Refract Surg 19:433-7. 2003..To investigate ocular blood flow changes following laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) in myopic eyes...
- Multifractality in the peripheral cardiovascular system from pointwise holder exponents of laser Doppler flowmetry signalsAnne Humeau
Groupe ISAIP ESAIP, Saint Barthélémy d Anjou, France
Biophys J 93:L59-61. 2007We study the dynamics of skin laser Doppler flowmetry signals giving a peripheral view of the cardiovascular system...
- Quantitative estimates of angiogenic and anti-angiogenic activity by laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF) and near infra-red spectroscopy (NIRS)M Kragh
Institute of Molecular Pathology, University of Copenhagen, 11 Frederik V Vej, DK-2100, Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Cancer 37:924-9. 2001The use of laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF) and near-infra-red spectroscopy (NIRS) for non-invasive in vivo measurements of angiogenic and anti-angiogenic activity in nude mice was evaluated...
- A method using laser Doppler flowmetry to study intestinal and pancreatic perfusion during an acute intestinal ischaemic injury in rats with pancreatitisA R Phillips
Pancreatitis Research Group, Department of Surgery, School of Biological Science, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Eur Surg Res 33:361-9. 2001..of intestinal ischaemia and 30 min of reperfusion in rodents with acute pancreatitis, a model utilizing laser Doppler flowmetry was developed...
- The role of laser Doppler flowmetry in assessing the viability of bone fragments in an open fractureD E Hinsley
Biomedical Sciences, CBD Porton Down, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP4 OJQ, UK
Injury 33:435-8. 2002..This study evaluated the applicability of laser Doppler flowmetry for the objective evaluation of fracture fragment viability in an experimental open ballistic fracture ..
- Monitoring blood flow to colorectal liver metastases using laser Doppler flowmetry: the effect of angiotensin IID M Hemingway
University Department of Surgery, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, UK
Br J Cancer 66:958-60. 1992..Using intraoperative laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF) we have assessed the effect of intraarterial angiotensin II (AI) on tumour blood flow in ten ..
- Free flap monitoring using simultaneous non-invasive laser Doppler flowmetry and tissue spectrophotometryFrank Holzle
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Plastic Surgery, Knappschaftskrankenhaus Bochum Langendreer, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 34:25-33. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate the benefits of the tissue oxygen analysis system O(2)C for monitoring patients undergoing maxillofacial reconstruction with fasciocutaneous radial forearm flaps...
- Sympathetic and parasympathetic neuropathy are frequent in both type 1 and type 2 diabetic patientsCarolin Freccero
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Malmo University Hospital, S 20502 Malmo, Sweden
Diabetes Care 27:2936-41. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate the frequency of sympathetic versus parasympathetic neuropathy among type 1 and type 2 diabetic patients...
- Continual measurement of intramedullary blood perfusion with laser Doppler flowmetry in intact and ostectomized tibiae of rabbitsCh Hackenbroich
Small Animal Clinic, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Foundation, Bischofsholer Damm 15, Hannover, Germany
Lab Anim 42:305-19. 2008..have been no publications on the daily, continual measurement of intramedullary blood perfusion using laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF) in the conscious animal...
- Scanning laser Doppler flowmetry shows reduced retinal capillary blood flow in CADASILMika Harju
Glaucoma Service, Department of Ophthalmology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, PL 220, 00029 HUS, Helsinki, Finland
Stroke 35:2449-52. 2004..A cross-sectional study was performed to examine the retinal vascular caliber and blood flow in CADASIL...
- Reproducibility of cutaneous microvascular function assessment using laser Doppler flowmetry and acetylcholine iontophoresisK A Brocx
School of Psychology, Murdoch University, Perth, W A, Australia
Skin Pharmacol Physiol 22:313-21. 2009..To investigate the reproducibility of direct and axon-reflex vasodilator responses to increasing doses of acetylcholine administered transcutaneously by iontophoresis...
- Interrelations of laser doppler flowmetry and brain tissue oxygen pressure during ischemia and reperfusion induced by an experimental mass lesionR Burger
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Würzberg, Germany
J Neurotrauma 16:1149-64. 1999The objective of this study was to assess interrelations between bilateral changes of cortical laser doppler flowmetry and intraparenchymal, subcortical partial tissue oxygen tension in the course of an experimental trauma...
- Reduced arteriovenous shunting capacity after local heating and redistribution of baseline skin blood flow in type 2 diabetes assessed with velocity-resolved quantitative laser Doppler flowmetryIngemar Fredriksson
Division of Biomedical Instrumentation, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Diabetes 59:1578-84. 2010..To compare the microcirculatory velocity distribution in type 2 diabetic patients and nondiabetic control subjects at baseline and after local heating...
- Comparison of continuous wave Doppler ultrasound of the radial artery and laser Doppler flowmetry of the fingertips with sympathetic stimulationBernhard M Eicke
Dept of Neurology, University Clinic of Mainz, Langenbeckstr 1, 55101 Mainz, Germany
J Neurol 251:958-62. 2004..the power of both methods, this study was performed with simultaneous assessment of cw Doppler and laser Doppler flowmetry in volunteers...
- Assessment of oxygenation and perfusion in the tongue and oral mucosa by visible spectrophotometry and laser Doppler flowmetry in healthy subjectsD B Singh
University Hospital of North Durham, Durham, UK
Adv Exp Med Biol 614:227-33. 2008Use of Visible Light Spectrophotometry (VLS) and Laser Doppler Flowmetry (LDF) is currently being studied by the authors to assess the viability of tissue margins in colon resection and to assess mucosal oxygenation in the colon...
- Laser Doppler flowmetry predicts occlusion but not tPA-mediated reperfusion success after rat embolic strokeNils Henninger
Department of Neurology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Exp Neurol 215:290-7. 2009b>Laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF) is increasingly used to assess adequate occlusion after embolic stroke (ES) in rats.
- Methodological issues in the assessment of skin microvascular endothelial function in humansJean Luc Cracowski
Department of Human Physiology, University of Oregon, OR 97403 1240, USA
Trends Pharmacol Sci 27:503-8. 2006The study of microvascular function can be performed in humans using laser Doppler flowmetry of the skin. This technology lends itself to a wide range of applications for studying the endothelial function of skin blood vessels...
- The effects of general anesthesia on human skin microcirculation evaluated by wavelet transformSvein Aslak Landsverk
Department of Anesthesiology, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Anesth Analg 105:1012-9, table of contents. 2007Time-frequency analysis of the laser Doppler flowmetry signal, using wavelet transform, shows periodic oscillations at five characteristic frequencies related to the heart (0.6-2 Hz), respiration (0.15-0...
- Laser Doppler imaging prediction of burn wound outcome in childrenA J A Holland
Department of Academic Surgery, Division of Surgery, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Royal Alexandra Hospital for Children, The University of Sydney, Locked Bag 4001, NSW 2145, Westmead, Australia
Burns 28:11-7. 2002..The LDI was also more specific; correctly diagnosing 96% of superficial partial thickness burns as opposed to 71% on clinical examination. Moderate degrees of movement did not appear to limit the accuracy of the scan...
- A two-probe laser Doppler flowmetry assessment as an exclusive diagnostic device in a long-term follow-up of traumatised teeth: a case reportHerman Roeykens
Department of Operative Dentistry and Endodontology, University of Ghent, Belgium
Dent Traumatol 18:86-91. 2002The reliability of laser Doppler flowmetry in a two-probe assessment of pulpal blood flow is well known...
- Statins enhance postischemic hyperemia in the skin circulation of hypercholesterolemic patients: a monitoring test of endothelial dysfunction for clinical practice?Christian Binggeli
Cardiovascular Center, Division of Cardiology, University Hospital, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:71-7. 2003The present study aims to investigate whether laser Doppler flowmetry can be used to monitor improvements in vascular function during statin therapy.
- A comparison of laser Doppler imaging with other measurement techniques to assess burn depthS J Hemington-Gorse
Plastic Surgery, Countess of Chester Hospital, Chester, UK
J Wound Care 14:151-3. 2005..This article reviews the literature to determine the advantages of laser Doppler imaging...
- Nitric oxide synthase inhibition does not alter the reactive hyperemic response in the cutaneous circulationBrett J Wong
Department of Exercise and Movement Science, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403 1240, USA
J Appl Physiol 95:504-10. 2003..9126 +/- 1088% CVC(max. s) after a 15-min arterial occlusion. These data suggest that NO does not directly mediate reactive hyperemia and that NO is not produced in response to an increase in shear stress in the cutaneous circulation...
- Laser Doppler flowmetry detection of endothelial dysfunction in end-stage renal disease patients: correlation with cardiovascular riskA Kruger
Department of Medicine, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York 10595, USA
Kidney Int 70:157-64. 2006..We have recently adapted a noninvasive laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF) functional testing of endothelium-dependent microvascular reactivity and demonstrated that end-..
- Individuals at increased coronary heart disease risk are characterized by an impaired microvascular function in skinR G Ijzerman
Department of Medicine, VU University Medical Center, De Blelelaan 1117, PO Box 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Clin Invest 33:536-42. 2003....
- Statins, skin, and the search for a test of endothelial functionDavid S Celermajer
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:78-80. 2003
- Spectral components of laser Doppler flowmetry signals recorded in healthy and type 1 diabetic subjects at rest and during a local and progressive cutaneous pressure application: scalogram analysesAnne Humeau
Groupe ISAIP ESAIP, 18 rue du 8 mai 1945, BP 80022, 49180 Saint Barthelemy d Anjou Cedex, France
Phys Med Biol 49:3957-70. 2004A significant transient increase in laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF) signals is observed in response to a local and progressive cutaneous pressure application in healthy subjects. This reflex may be impaired in diabetic patients...
- Rho-kinase inhibition acutely augments blood flow in focal cerebral ischemia via endothelial mechanismsHwa Kyoung Shin
Department of Radiology, Stroke and Neurovascular Regulation Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 27:998-1009. 2007..Therefore, rapid nontranscriptional upregulation of eNOS activity by small molecule inhibitors of Rho-kinase may be a viable therapeutic approach in acute stroke...
- Noninvasive interrogation of microvasculature for signs of endothelial dysfunction in patients with chronic renal failureJulian Stewart
Division of Nephrology and Renal Research Institute, New York Medical College, Center for Pediatric Hypotension, Suite 618, Munger Pavilion, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 287:H2687-96. 2004..Therefore, we used laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF) and scanned laser Doppler imaging (LDI) to quantify parameters of the postocclusion reactive ..
- S-transform applied to laser Doppler flowmetry reactive hyperemia signalsSaid Assous
Groupe ISAIP ESAIP, Saint Barthélémy d Anjou, France
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 53:1032-7. 2006b>Laser Doppler flowmetry signals give information about many physiological activities of the cardiovascular system. The activities manifest themselves in rhythmic cycles...
- Effect of anesthesia on the signal intensity in tumors using BOLD-MRI: comparison with flow measurements by Laser Doppler flowmetry and oxygen measurements by luminescence-based probesChristine Baudelet
Laboratory of Medicinal Chemistry and Radiopharmacy, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Magn Reson Imaging 22:905-12. 2004..Our results emphasize the need for careful monitoring of the effects of anesthesia when trying to identify new therapeutic approaches that are aimed at modulating tumor hemodynamics...
- Microcirculatory characteristics of acupuncture points obtained by laser Doppler flowmetryHsin Hsiu
Department of Electrical Engineering, Yuan Ze University, Taoyuan, Taiwan, Republic of China
Physiol Meas 28:N77-86. 2007..In this study we employed laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF) to extract the microcirculatory characteristics of acupoints and their surrounding tissues, and we ..
- Methods for evaluation of peripheral neurovascular dysfunctionA I Vinik
The Leonard Strelitz Diabetes Research Institutes, Department of Internal Medicine, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk 23510, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 3:29-50. 2001..A combination of microdialysis and iontophoresis techniques can be useful in assessment of the pharmacokinetics of polar and nonpolar agents and the physiology and pathophysiology of the skin neurovascular system...
- Effects of permanent magnets on resting skin blood perfusion in healthy persons assessed by laser Doppler flowmetry and imagingH N Mayrovitz
College of Medical Sciences, Department of Physiology, Nova Southeastern University, Ft Lauderdale, Florida 33328, USA
Bioelectromagnetics 22:494-502. 2001..Blood perfusion was measured on the middle finger dorsum by laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF) and on the index finger by laser Doppler imaging (LDI)...
- Laser Doppler flowmetry for monitoring traumatized teethJ Y Lee
Department of Health Policy and Administration, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599 7450, USA
Dent Traumatol 17:231-5. 2001b>Laser Doppler Flowmetry (LDF) has been shown to be valuable in monitoring revascularization of immature incisors following severe dental trauma...
- Clazosentan, an endothelin receptor antagonist, prevents early hypoperfusion during the acute phase of massive experimental subarachnoid hemorrhage: a laser Doppler flowmetry study in ratsGerrit A Schubert
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
J Neurosurg 109:1134-40. 2008..The purpose of this study was to further determine the role of ET in the first minutes to hours after massive experimental SAH induced by prophylactic treatment with the ET receptor antagonist clazosentan...
- Measurement of microcirculation in the optic nerve head by laser speckle flowgraphy and scanning laser Doppler flowmetryK Yaoeda
Department of Ophthalmology, Niigata University School of Medicine, Niigata, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 129:734-9. 2000To evaluate and compare blood flow measurements by laser speckle flowgraphy and scanning laser Doppler flowmetry in the optic nerve head of normal volunteers.
- Intrarenal blood flow distribution in hyperdynamic septic shock: Effect of norepinephrineDavid Di Giantomasso
Department of Medicine, Melbourne University Austin and Repatriation Medical Centre, Heidelberg, Australia
Crit Care Med 31:2509-13. 2003..To measure changes in medullary and cortical renal blood flow during experimental hyperdynamic sepsis and the effect of subsequent norepinephrine infusion on such flows. DESIGN Experimental animal study...
- Spectral analysis of laser Doppler skin blood flow oscillations in human essential arterial hypertensionMarco Rossi
University of Pisa
Microvasc Res 72:34-41. 2006..Forearm skin perfusion was measured by laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF) in conventional perfusion units (PU) before and after ischemia in 20 middle-age newly diagnosed EHT ..
- Evaluation of laser Doppler flowmetry for measurement of capillary blood flow in the stomach wall of dogs during gastric dilatation-volvulusEric Monnet
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Vet Surg 35:198-205. 2006To validate laser doppler flowmetry (LDF) for measurement of blood flow in the stomach wall of dogs with gastric dilatation-volvulus (GDV).
- Spatiotemporal quantification of cerebral blood flow during functional activation in rat somatosensory cortex using laser-speckle flowmetryTurgut Durduran
Departments of Physics and Astronomy, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 24:518-25. 2004....
- Validation of laser Doppler flowmetry coupled with intra-dermal injection for investigating effects of vasoactive agents on the skin microcirculation in manStephen J Leslie
Clinical Pharmacology Unit and Research Centre, The University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, EH4 2XU, Edinburgh, UK
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 59:99-102. 2003To determine the reproducibility of laser Doppler flowmetry coupled with intra-dermal saline delivery.
- Simultaneous measurement of local cortical blood flow and tissue oxygen saturation by Near infra-red Laser Doppler flowmetry and remission spectroscopy in the pig brainB Walter
Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany
Acta Neurochir Suppl 81:197-9. 2002..85, n = 67). Although the problem of spatial variability remains to be solved, the combined use of NiLDF and RS allows continuous and non-invasive monitoring of changes of key parameters of oxygen metabolism within the cerebral cortex...
- Non-invasive assessment of endothelial function - relation between vasodilatory responses in skin microcirculation and brachial arteryJimmy Hansell
Department of Women and Child Health, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 24:317-22. 2004..To compare different non-invasive methods for determination of human endothelial function in peripheral circulation...
- Perfusion of the femoral head during surgical dislocation of the hip. Monitoring by laser Doppler flowmetryH P Nötzli
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Zurich, Switzerland
J Bone Joint Surg Br 84:300-4. 2002We used laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF) with a high energy (20 mW) laser to measure perfusion of the femoral head intraoperatively in 32 hips. The surgical procedure was joint debridement requiring dislocation or subluxation of the hip...
- Instrument-independent flux units for laser Doppler perfusion monitoring assessed in a multi-device study on the renal cortexA L Petoukhova
Faculty of Applied Physics, Biophysical Techniques Group, University of Twente, P O Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands
Microvasc Res 66:83-90. 2003To investigate the feasibility of instrument-independent perfusion units for laser Doppler flowmetry, a comparison was performed of two commercial fiberoptic laser Doppler perfusion monitors measuring the same flux situation for two ..
- Wavelet analysis of blood flow dynamics: effect on the individual oscillatory components of iontophoresis with pharmacologically neutral electrolytesMitja Veber
Group of Nonlinear Dynamics and Synergetics, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Ljubljana, Trzaska 25, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Phys Med Biol 49:N111-7. 2004..The blood flow rate can be recorded by laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF), its average value and the amplitudes of its oscillatory components being used to evaluate the ..
- No effects of acute hyperglycaemia and hyperinsulinaemia on skin microcirculation and endothelial markers in Type II diabetes mellitusP H N Oomen
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Groningen, The Netherlands
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 64:119-27. 2004....
- Reduced vasodilatory response to methylnicotinate in schizophrenia as assessed by laser Doppler flowmetryBrian M Ross
Ness Foundation, UHI Millennium Institute, Ness House, Dochfour Business Centre, Dochgarroch, Inverness, IV3 8GY, UK
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 14:191-7. 2004..Blood flow was monitored using laser Doppler flowmetry. Vasodilatory response to 1 and 10 mM methyl nicotinate was markedly and significantly reduced in ..
- Monitoring cerebral perfusion using near-infrared spectroscopy and laser Doppler flowmetryJ H G M Klaessens
Clinical Physics Laboratory, University Children s Hospital Nijmegen, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Physiol Meas 24:N35-40. 2003..This result shows the additional value of LDF when combined with NIRS, preferably in one instrument. Development of pulsed LDF for regional blood flow measurement is indicated...
- The blood flow to the femoral head/neck junction during resurfacing arthroplasty: a comparison of two approaches using Laser Doppler flowmetryH W Amarasekera
1Clinical Sciences Institute University of Warwick Medical School, Clinical Sciences Building, University Hospital, Clifford Bridge Road, Coventry CV2 2DX, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 90:442-5. 2008We used Laser Doppler flowmetry to measure the effect on the blood flow to the femoral head/neck junction of two surgical approaches during resurfacing arthroplasty...
- Carbonic anhydrases and mucosal vanilloid receptors help mediate the hyperemic response to luminal CO2 in rat duodenumYasutada Akiba
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, USA
Gastroenterology 131:142-52. 2006..We examined the hyperemic response to elevated luminal PCO(2) in the duodenum of anesthetized rats luminally exposed to high CO(2) saline to help elucidate luminal acid-sensing mechanisms...
- Decreasing gut wall glucose as an early marker of impaired intestinal perfusionVladimir Krejci
Department of Anesthesiology, Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
Crit Care Med 34:2406-14. 2006..The aim of this study was to assess the microcirculatory and metabolic consequences of reduced mesenteric blood flow...
- Assessing revascularization of avulsed permanent maxillary incisors by laser Doppler flowmetryHeinrich Strobl
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Innsbruck, Austria
J Am Dent Assoc 134:1597-603. 2003b>Laser Doppler flowmetry, or LDF, is a noninvasive method used to assess pulpal blood flow, or PBF. Dental avulsion is associated with loss of pulpal sensitivity...
- Endothelial nitric oxide synthase control mechanisms in the cutaneous vasculature of humans in vivoDean L Kellogg
Division of Geriatrics and Gerontology, Univ of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 295:H123-9. 2008..05). We conclude that eNOS is predominantly responsible for NO generation in skin during responses to increased T(loc), but not during reflex responses to whole body heat stress...
- The effect of nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxygenase inhibition on cutaneous microvascular reactivityHelena Lenasi
Institute of Physiology, School of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Zaloska 4, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Eur J Appl Physiol 103:719-26. 2008..8 +/- 70.5% in control vs. 733.5 +/- 54.6% in the treated site). These findings indicate that NO- and PGI(2)-independent mechanism plays an important role in the regulation of blood flow in the human skin microcirculation...
- The lamp effect of laser Doppler flowmetry on teethS Polat
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, Cumhuriyet University, 58140 Sivas, Turkey
J Oral Rehabil 32:844-8. 2005..The camera removing the charge coupled device's infrared cut filter was used for imaging the laser Doppler flowmetry light during pulpal blood flow measurement...
- A comparison of two laser-based methods for determination of burn scar perfusion: laser Doppler versus laser speckle imagingC J Stewart
McCaig Centre for Joint Injury and Arthritis Research, Department of Surgery, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary, Alta, Canada T2N 4N1
Burns 31:744-52. 2005..We have evaluated the ability of the LSPI instrument in determining and monitoring burn scar perfusion over time and compared it with the LDI instrument as a standard...
- Spectral analysis of blood perfusion in the free latissimus dorsi myocutaneous flap and in normal skinXudong Liu
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Shanghai No 6 People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200233, People s Republic of China
Phys Med Biol 51:173-83. 2006..of the cutaneous blood flow on the successful free flap, a wavelet transform was applied to the laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF) signals which were measured simultaneously on the surfaces of the free latissimus dorsi ..
- Effect of an 8-week resistance training program on cutaneous perfusion in type 2 diabetesSheri R Colberg
ESPER Department, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA 23529, USA
Microvasc Res 71:121-7. 2006....
- [Evaluation of sympathicolysis after continuous brachial plexus analgesia using laser Doppler flowmetry in patients suffering from CRPS I]G Gradl
Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik, Abteilung für Unfall und Wiederherstellungschirurgie der Universität Rostock
Anasthesiol Intensivmed Notfallmed Schmerzther 40:345-9. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate continuous brachial plexus analgesia in terms of pain relief and sympathicolysis in patients suffering from CRPS I...
- Laser Doppler flowmetry is valid for measurement of cerebral blood flow autoregulation lower limit in ratsJan Tonnesen
Neurobiology Research Unit, N9201, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, Blegdamsvej 9, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Exp Physiol 90:349-55. 2005b>Laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF) is a recent technique that is increasingly being used to monitor relative changes in cerebral blood flow whereas the intra-arterial 133xenon injection technique is a well-established method for repeated ..
- Laser Doppler flowmetry in asymmetric glaucomaAndrew Lam
Scheie Eye Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19114, USA
Curr Eye Res 30:221-7. 2005....
- Maximum skin hyperaemia induced by local heating: possible mechanismsKim M Gooding
Institute of Biomedical and Clinical Sciences, Peninsula Medical School, Exeter, UK
J Vasc Res 43:270-7. 2006..Interpretation of these findings is hampered by the lack of clarity of the mechanisms involved in the attainment of MH...
- Ethnic differences in skin microvascular function and their relation to cardiac target-organ damageWilliam D Strain
International Centre for Circulatory Health, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London at St Mary s, London, UK
J Hypertens 23:133-40. 2005..People of Black African descent have increased risks of vascular target-organ damage not explained by greater blood pressures...
- A critical evaluation of the clinimetrics of laser Doppler as a method of burn assessment in clinical practiceJustin S Chatterjee
Department of Burns and Plastic Surgery, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Burn Care Res 27:123-30. 2006..Until such time, laser Doppler should remain as a research tool...
- Effects of vacuum-assisted closure therapy on inguinal wound edge microvascular blood flowAngelica Wackenfors
Department of Internal Medicine, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Wound Repair Regen 12:600-6. 2004..A low negative pressure during treatment may be beneficial, especially in soft tissue, to minimize possible ischemic effects. Intermittent VAC therapy may further increase blood flow...
- Measurement of blood flow in the rotator cuff using laser Doppler flowmetryO Levy
Reading Shoulder Unit, Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading RG1 5AN, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 90:893-8. 2008..Blood flow was measured intra-operatively by laser Doppler flowmetry. We investigated six different zones of each rotator cuff during the arthroscopic examination of 56 ..
- Imaging cerebral blood flow through the intact rat skull with temporal laser speckle imagingPengcheng Li
Key Laboratory of Biomedical Photonics of Ministry of Education Wuhan National Laboratory for Optoelectronics, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430074, China
Opt Lett 31:1824-6. 2006....
- Effects of diode laser therapy on blood flow in axial pattern flaps in the rat modelJ Kubota
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Mitaka City, Japan
Lasers Med Sci 17:146-53. 2002..One possible mechanism of modulation of the autonomic nervous system is discussed...
- Hemodynamic assessment of local anesthetic administration by laser Doppler flowmetryE M Fernieini
School of Dental Medicine, University of Connecticut, 263 Farmington Ave, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 91:526-30. 2001..effects of local anesthetic administration with and without a vasoconstrictor were compared by using laser Doppler flowmetry. STUDY DESIGN: Seventeen people participated in a single study session in which they were given 2 ..
- Direct measurement of acid permeation into rat oesophagusS Tanaka
West Los Angeles Veterans Affairs Medical Centre, CURE Digestive Diseases Research Centre, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Gut 52:775-83. 2003..A novel confocal microscopic technique was used in vitro to measure pH(int) from defined cellular sites in response to luminal and basolateral acidification...
- Regulation of human cutaneous circulation evaluated by laser Doppler flowmetry, iontophoresis, and spectral analysis: importance of nitric oxide and prostaglandinesPer Kvandal
Department of Anesthesiology, Ulleval University Hospital, 0407 Oslo, Norway
Microvasc Res 65:160-71. 2003..ACh) and the endothelium-independent vasodilator sodium nitroprusside (SNP) were recorded by laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF). We performed wavelet transforms of the measured signals...
- Laser Doppler imaging of burn scars: a comparison of wavelength and scanning methodsRobert Bray
Department of Surgery, McCaig Center for Joint Injury and Arthritis Research, 3330 Hospital Dr NW, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alta, Canada
Burns 29:199-206. 2003..We have evaluated two commercially available laser Doppler imagers for the perfusion measurement of normal and burn scar tissue...
- Dermal neurovascular dysfunction in type 2 diabetesA I Vinik
Department of Medicine and Pathology/Anatomy/Neurobiology, the Strelitz Diabetes Research Institutes, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Diabetes Care 24:1468-75. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: These observations suggest that dermal neurovascular function is largely regulated by peripheral C-fiber neurons and that dysregulation may be a component of the metabolic syndrome associated with type 2 diabetes...
- Reproducibility and clinical application of a newly developed stabilized retinal laser Doppler instrumentAkitoshi Yoshida
Department of Ophthalmology, Asahikawa Medical College, Asahikawa, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 135:356-61. 2003..To describe a newly developed stabilized retinal laser Doppler instrument, to report the reproducibility of retinal blood flow measurements, and to present examples of its clinical application...
- Mechanisms of Vasovagal SyncopeJulian M Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our approach is two-fold: 1) We will use intradermal microdialysis and laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF) to delineate the microvascular mechanisms of NO modulation of noradrenergic neurotransmission free ..
- Vascular effects of dietary salt in humans with salt-resistant BPWilliam B Farquhar; Fiscal Year: 2013..conduit endothelial- dependent dilation and cutaneous vasodilation in response to local heating using laser Doppler flowmetry and intradermal microdialysis will be assessed in the forearm to evaluate the microvasculature...
- Role of TRP Channels in Environmental Irritant-Induced HeadacheGerry S Oxford; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our experiments will combine Laser Doppler flowmetry, measurements of CGRP release, fluorescence imaging of intracellular calcium, cellular electrophysiology, ..
- Local Vasoconstriction in Postural Tachycardia SyndromeJulian M Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2013..LFP caused by Ang-II/oxidase induced oxidative stress? Experiments use intradermal microdialysis probes, laser Doppler flowmetry, and the NO-dependent local heating response to measure Ang-II and Ang-(1-7) in the skin, and to examine ..
- African and European Descent, Ocular Blood Flow and Glaucoma ProgressionAlon Harris; Fiscal Year: 2013..retina tomography III, color Doppler imaging of the retrobulbar blood vessels, confocal scanning laser Doppler flowmetry of retinal capillaries, ocular perfusion pressure calculations, refraction, Pascal applanation (ocular ..
- Exercise training and cognitive and physical function in CKDDaniel E Weiner; Fiscal Year: 2013..strength, and short physical performance battery;4) HRQoL (Short Form-36);5) Microvascular function using laser Doppler flowmetry;6) Inflammation (hs-CRP and IL-6) and vascular risk factors (lipids, BP, insulin resistance)...
- Exercise and Vascular Function in Chronic Kidney DiseaseDavid G Edwards; Fiscal Year: 2013..conduit endothelial-dependent dilation and cutaneous vasodilation in response to local heating using laser Doppler flowmetry and intradermal microdialysis will be assessed in the forearm to evaluate the microvasculature...
- Effects of obstructive sleep apnea on cerebral circulationRobert M Bryan; Fiscal Year: 2013..pressurized cerebral arteries and arterioles and measurement of CBF with autoradiographic techniques and laser Doppler flowmetry. Completion of these studies will move us toward a better understanding of the underlying mechanisms of ..
- Cerebrovascular mechanisms in methamphetamine-mediated exacerbation of neuroAIDSStephen Dewhurst; Fiscal Year: 2012..show that acute MA exposure results in a significant decline in CBF in wild-type mice, as measured by laser doppler flowmetry. Thus, our central hypothesis is that: MA disrupts cerebral blood flow and elicits cerebrovascular ..
- Mechanisms of Vascular Protection after Acute StrokeSusan C Fagan; Fiscal Year: 2013..and hyperglycemic rat models of temporary cerebral ischemia, continuous BP monitoring via telemetry, laser Doppler flowmetry, BP lowering and pharmacologic MMP and oxidative stress modulation...
- Phytoestrogens, insulin resistance and endothelial functionNINA STACHENFELD; Fiscal Year: 2012..and genistein directly into the skin using microdialysis while measuring microvascular blood flow with laser Doppler flowmetry. Our first Aim will use dose-response curves to determine the 172-estradiol and genistein effects on the ..
- TRPV1 mediation of local vasoconstrictor reflexes in spinal cord injured humansDean L Kellogg; Fiscal Year: 2013..Local anesthesia will be by EMLA and TRPV1 receptor blockade by local administration of capsazepine. Responses will be recorded by laser-Doppler flowmetry. ..
- Control of Cerebral Blood Flow by KCa2 and KCa3Robert M Bryan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Increases in CBF will be measured from the cortical surface using laser Doppler flowmetry following direct stimulation of IKCa and SKCa channels or indirectly through ATP, an agonist for ..
- Muscle Perfusion and Protein Metabolism in ElderlyMelinda Sheffield Moore; Fiscal Year: 2009..e. laser Doppler flowmetry) and microvascular perfusion (i.e. capillary flow and volume) in skeletal muscle...
- Neurovascular Structure and Function, Diabetic Neuropathy and Wound HealingAlexandra Hovaguimian; Fiscal Year: 2012..acetylcholine iontophoresis to elicit the vasomotor axon-reflex and blood flow will be measured using laser doppler flowmetry. Wound healing will be quantified with serial high-resolution magnified digital photography measuring ..
- Osteocyte reaction to decreased bone fluid flowShijing Qiu; Fiscal Year: 2003..The spatial relationship between osteoclastic resorption and osteocyte degeneration will be determined in the sections with toluidine blue and TUNEL stain. ..
- Development of fMRI Methods for NeuropharmacologyShi Jiang Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will also conduct Laser Doppler Flowmetry and EEG experiments to validate this biophysical model.
- NITRIC OXIDE AND MEDIATING PRESSURE NATRIURESISDEWAN MAJID; Fiscal Year: 2000..The result of this study may clarify the mechanisms responsible for this pressure-natriuresis phenomenon and may be helpful in developing effective treatments for hypertension. ..
- Brain serotonin and angiotensin II systems in migraineJOSE TERRON; Fiscal Year: 2007..5-HT content will be measured by HPLC in brain homogenates. ..
- Local Warming: Effects on Wound Infection and HealingJoAnne Whitney; Fiscal Year: 2007..2.3. Perfusion (BF) in the surgical incision on postoperative days 3, 5 and 9 using Laser Doppler Flowmetry (LDF).
- Cannabinoid Receptors and Cerebrovascular FunctionCecilia Hillard; Fiscal Year: 2006..to measure endocannabinoids and the in vivo significance of these findings will be explored using laser Doppler flowmetry. The specific aims of this proposal are: (1) to characterize the role of the CB1 receptor in cerebral ..
- AUTONOMIC CONTROL OF OCULAR BLOOD FLOWMichael Koss; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- CELLULAR CONTROL MECHANISMS OF CEREBROVASCULAR TONEDavid Harder; Fiscal Year: 1999..It is essential to delineate the mechanisms which control normal cerebral blood flow before we can fully understand the etiology of cerebral vascular pathologies such as stroke and impaired cerebral blood flow during ischemia. ..
- OTIC PROBE FOR NEUROCOCHLEAR INTRAOPERATIVE MONITORINGRafael Delgado; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Vascular Dysfunction & Ischemic Brain InjuryGregory J Zipfel; Fiscal Year: 2010..Results from the proposed research project may lead to new treatment options for those individuals with CAA, Alzheimer's Disease, or both disorders. ..
- DOPPLER ULTRASOUND COCHLEAR BLOODFLOW MONITORArne Voie; Fiscal Year: 2000..This device will help determine appropriate therapy for patients in both venues. ..
- ESTROGEN AND CEREBRAL VASODILATIONDale Pelligrino; Fiscal Year: 2000..These results should provide important information about the cerebrovascular influences of estrogen. ..
- Retinal imaging tests for microvascular functionsGeorge King; Fiscal Year: 2003..QST) and nerve axonal reflex (NAR) for measuring sensory fiber abnormalities and skin blood flow by laser Doppler flowmetry. The specific aims for this grant are: 1) to determine in control and non-diabetic subjects from 18-35 ..
- A New Device for Monitoring Diabetic MicrocirculationCORNELIS DROST; Fiscal Year: 2003..I we will build prototype hardware to demonstrate feasibility of our novel approach to high-resolution laser Doppler flowmetry under low flow conditions, and spectral analysis software optimized for low-frequency skin perfusion ..
- BLOOD FLOW AND METABOLIC CONTROLS IN THE FETAL BRAINGordon Power; Fiscal Year: 2005..In the last two years, we have successfully adapted laser Doppler flowmetry to measure cerebral blood flow in the chronically prepared, near-term fetal sheep...
- MICROVASCULAR MONITORING USING OPTICAL TECHNOLOGYJ Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2001..Furthermore, in contrast to laser Doppler flowmetry, the overall ODT signal due to moving red blood cells (RBC) is almost entirely due to the Doppler shifted ..
- The hemodynamic response to neural activity in brainJohn Mayhew; Fiscal Year: 2006DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The research will use optical imaging spectroscopy (OIS), laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF) and functional magnetic imaging (fMRI) to study the relationship between the hemodynamic responses to changes ..
- CONFOCAL LASER DOPPLER FLOWMETRY IN THE OPTIC NERVEANDREAS DREHER; Fiscal Year: 1999..Such an instrument would be very useful in the clinical areas of early detection and monitoring of disease processes and their treatment. ..
- MICROVASCULAR MONITORING USING OPTICAL TECHNOLOGYJ Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2003..Furthermore, in contrast to laser Doppler flowmetry, the overall ODT signal due to moving red blood cells (RBC) is almost entirely due to the Doppler shifted ..
- P450 EICOSANOIDS, CELL CALCIUM AND VASCULAR FUNCTIONEARL ELLIS; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will provide important basic information relevant to the role of P450 eicosanoids in the regulation of intra- and intercellular relationships of many cell types, including those which control brain blood flow. ..
- MECHANISMS OF CUTANEOUS ACTIVE VASODILATIONDean Kellogg; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, intradermal microdialysis will be combined with measurements of bioavailable NO by NO-selective amperometric electrode to define further how the NO system functions in cutaneous active vasodilation. ..
- REAL TIME HIGH RESOLUTION IMAGING OF MICROVASCULATUREThomas Milner; Fiscal Year: 2000Adapted from the applicant's abstract): ODT combines laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF) with optical coherence tomography to obtain high resolution tomographic images of static and moving constituents in highly scattering biological tissues...
- MICROELECTRODE AND BLOOD FLOW STUDIES IN OPTIC NERVEDONALD BUERK; Fiscal Year: 2000..quenching will be incorporated into the existing microscope-based infrared laser system for laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF). This will allow simultaneous NO, PO2 and relative red blood cell flux (blood flow) to be measured...
- Micro-HemoDynamic OximeterGREGORY ZELTSER; Fiscal Year: 2005..in both venous and arterial blood and blood flow, based on a combination of reflectance oximetry and laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF)...
- Circulatory Dysfunction in Chronic Fatigue SyndromeJulian Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Detecting Endothelial Dysfunction in Renal FailureJulian Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2007..These data will form the basis of future noninvasive prognostic testing and treatment of patients at risk for ECD and can provide a means to follow treatment modalities. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- OCULAR HEMODYNAMICS IN GLAUCOMAJuan Grunwald; Fiscal Year: 2001..To achieve this goal we will use laser Doppler flowmetry, a non-invasive technique that provides relative measurements of blood velocity, blood volume and blood ..
- ENHANCED THERAPY RESPONSE IN OSTEOSARCOMAGENE DIRESTA; Fiscal Year: 2001..The MSKCC Therapeutics faculty believes that the ALS, if successful in this model, has promise as an adjunct for limb salvage procedures and in the treatment of many unresectable or disfiguring tumors. ..
- Skin Cooling to Improve Orthostatic ToleranceCRAIG CRANDALL; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Fetal and Neonatal Hemodynamics in IUGR PregnanciesHenry Galan; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Brain K+ Dynamics, BBB Breakdown & Hemorrhagic Transformation in Ischemic StrokeStephen Jones; Fiscal Year: 2009..This proposal's investigation of the relation of BBB breakdown to HT could lead directly to additional di- agnostic and therapeutic advances in the assessment and management of acute ischemic stroke. ..
- Retinopathy in Chronic Renal InsufficiencyJuan E Grunwald; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Choroidal circulation in age related macular degenerationJuan Grunwald; Fiscal Year: 2008..The main aim of these studies is to use the state-of-the-art, non-invasive technique of laser Doppler flowmetry to investigate whether choroidal blood flow and its regulation are abnormal in AMD...
- Neural and non-neural modulators of skin blood flow and sweating in humansCRAIG CRANDALL; Fiscal Year: 2009..e. diabetes, heart failure, etc) and non-disease (i.e. aging) conditions. ..
- CONTROL OF MICROVASCULAR TONE IN TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURYJose Rafols; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable]..
- TISSUE ENGINEERING IN THE INNER EARJOSEF MILLER; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- MRI MEASUREMENT OF RELATIVE CMR02-- VALIDATION USING PETJOSEPH MANDEVILLE; Fiscal Year: 2001..Successful completion of the proposed studies will establish, a new tool for assessment of cerebral functional physiology and preface the application of these techniques to cerebral pathology. ..
- IMAGING OF INTRACRANIAL HEMATOMAS BY DIFFUSE TOMOGRAPHYDavid Boas; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- ACTIVE THROMBOSIS, THROMBOLYSIS, AND STROKE OUTCOMEBrant Watson; Fiscal Year: 2003..Outcome at 3 days, monitored by histological evaluation of regions of frank and incomplete infarction, will be correlated with the time course of reperfusion-inducing treatments and associated molecular changes. ..
- Standards of Scientific ConductMichael Kalichman; Fiscal Year: 2008..Effective teaching about standards of the [unreadable] responsible conduct of research will help to promote public health by fostering integrity in the conduct of biomedical research. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- REPERFUSION EFFECTS ON CEREBRAL ARTERY FUNCTIONMarilyn Cipolla; Fiscal Year: 2003..Therefore, Aim 3 will investigate the effects of two types of thrombolytic agents (tissue-type and urokinase) on cerebral artery function, including myogenic processes. ..
- Cerebral Arteriole Function during Hyperglycemic StrokeMarilyn Cipolla; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Neuropathology and Pathogenesis of Huntington's DiseaseAnton Reiner; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Supplemental Oxygen for Hypoxia-Related Retinal DeseasesQuan Nguyen; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Neuroprotective Mechanisms of Neuroglobin in StrokeXiaoying Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..These proposed experiments should provide new insight into how Ngb protects neurons from hypoxia/ischemia and may ultimately lead to novel therapeutic strategies for the acute treatment of stroke. ..
- INTERVENTIONS TO PREVENT NOISE INDUCED HEARING LOSSJOSEF MILLER; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will also determine if reduced blood flow potentiates NIHL, in vivo. These studies will define new interventions and synergies at sites along the apoptotic pathway to optimize the prevention of NIHL. ..