Summary: Use of a device (film badge) for measuring exposure of individuals to radiation. It is usually made of metal, plastic, or paper and loaded with one or more pieces of x-ray film.
Publications223 found, 100 shown here
- Energy dependence of response of new high sensitivity radiochromic films for megavoltage and kilovoltage radiation energiesSou Tung Chiu-Tsao
Radiation Oncology Department, Beth Israel Medical Center and St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, New York 10003, USA
Med Phys 32:3350-4. 2005..XR-QA film is promising for kilovoltage sources with a narrow energy spectra. The new high sensitivity radiochromic films are promising tools in radiation dosimetry...
- Dosimetric accuracy of Kodak EDR2 film for IMRT verificationsNathan L Childress
Department of Radiation Physics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Med Phys 32:539-48. 2005..When properly calibrated, EDR2 film can be an adequate two-dimensional dosimeter for IMRT verifications, although it may underestimate doses in regions with long exposure times...
- Interpretation and evaluation of the gamma index and the gamma index angle for the verification of IMRT hybrid plansMarkus Stock
Department of Radiotherapy and Radiobiology, Medical University Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Phys Med Biol 50:399-411. 2005..gamma area histogram), acceptance criteria for IMRT hybrid plans can be defined. For the interpretation of the gamma maps, distributions of the gamma angle and traditional evaluation methods, such as dose profiles, are still very useful...
- Interpolation and extrapolation of dose measurements with different detector sizes to improve the spatial resolution of radiotherapy dosimetry as demonstrated for helical tomotherapyAndrea McNiven
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Western Ontario and London Regional Cancer Centre, London, ON, N6A 4L6, Canada
Phys Med Biol 49:3665-74. 2004..This was done for five FBTs and demonstrated a sharp fall off in dose when the FBT decreased below 8 mm. Similar techniques can be applied to other IMRT techniques to improve the characterization of various beam parameters...
- Matchline dosimetry in step and shoot IMRT fields: a film studyP Tangboonduangjit
Department of Engineering Physics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Phys Med Biol 49:N287-92. 2004..In conclusion, relative doses measured by radiographic and radiochromic films agree well with IC4 within +/-2%...
- Evaluation and optimization of the new EBT2 radiochromic film dosimetry system for patient dose verification in radiotherapyL Richley
Bristol Haematology and Oncology Centre, Bristol BS28ED, UK
Phys Med Biol 55:2601-17. 2010..Our results suggest that EBT2 film is a valid alternative, rather than a direct replacement for EBT film...
- Precise radiochromic film dosimetry using a flat-bed document scannerSlobodan Devic
Medical Physics Department, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec H3G IA4, Canada
Med Phys 32:2245-53. 2005..4 Gy in the case of the EBT (Prototype A), and for doses above 5 Gy in the case of the HS model GafChromic film using a region of interest 2 X 2 mm2 in size...
- Time-limited fluoroscopy to reduce radiation exposure during ERCP: a prospective randomized trialLance T Uradomo
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 66:84-9. 2007..Measures should be used to limit radiation exposure of the staff and patients during ERCP...
- Evaluation of a glassless photographic film scanner for high-gradient radiochromic film dosimetryA De Puysseleyr
Department of Radiotherapy, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Phys Med Biol 57:127-42. 2012This study evaluates the performance of the Nikon Coolscan 9000 ED film scanner for high-gradient radiochromic film dosimetry. As a reference for comparison, analogue experiments were performed on the Epson Expression 10000XL flatbed ..
- The use of film dosimetry of the penumbra region to improve the accuracy of intensity modulated radiotherapyMark R Arnfield
Department of Radiation Oncology, McKay Dee Hospital Center, Ogden, Utah 84403, USA
Med Phys 32:12-8. 2005..This source of error can be rectified by the use of film dosimetry for penumbra measurements because of its high spatial resolution...
- Development of a novel quality assurance system based on rolled-up and rolled-out radiochromic films in volumetric modulated arc therapyJi Yeon Park
Department of Biomedical Engineering and Research Institute of Biomedical Engineering, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul 137 701, Korea
Med Phys 38:6688-96. 2011..To develop a cylindrical phantom with rolled-up radiochromic films and dose analysis software in the rolled-out plane for quality assurance (QA) in volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT)...
- Analysis of post-exposure density growth in radiochromic film with respect to the radiation doseKatsumi Shima
Department of Radiation Oncology and Medical Physics, Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo Medical University, Japan
J Radiat Res 53:301-5. 2012The post-exposure density growth (PEDG) is one of the characteristics of radiochromic film (RCF). In film dosimetry using RCF and a flatbed scanner, pixel values read out from the RCF are converted to dose (hereafter, film dose) by using ..
- Evaluation of triple channel correction acquisition method for radiochromic film dosimetryNaoki Hayashi
Faculty of Radiological Technology, School of Health Sciences, Fujita Health University, 1 98, Dengakugakubo, Kutsukake cho, Toyoake, 470 1192, Japan
J Radiat Res 53:930-5. 2012..purpose of this study was to evaluate the triple channel correction acquisition (TCCA) method for radiochromic film dosimetry performed with a flatbed scanner. The study had two parts: a fundamental and a clinical examination...
- Three-dimensional radiochromic film dosimetry for volumetric modulated arc therapy using a spiral water phantomMasao Tanooka
Department of Radiology, Hyogo College of Medicine, 1 1, Mukogawa cho, Nishinomiya City, Hyogo, 663 8501, Japan
J Radiat Res 54:1153-9. 2013We validated 3D radiochromic film dosimetry for volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT) using a newly developed spiral water phantom...
- Analysis of uncertainties in Gafchromic EBT film dosimetry of photon beamsMária Martisíková
German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Department of Medical Physics in Radiation Oncology, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Phys Med Biol 53:7013-27. 2008..There are many publications which discuss different aspects of the EBT film dosimetry. Unfortunately, they differ in the used protocols, scanning devices and variables used for the film darkening ..
- Radiochromic film dosimetry of HDR (192)Ir source radiation fieldsSaad Aldelaijan
McGill University, Department of Radiation Oncology, Montréal, Québec, Canada
Med Phys 38:6074-83. 2011..A radiochromic film based dosimetry system for high dose rate (HDR) Iridium-192 brachytherapy source was described. A comparison between calibration curves established in water and Solid Water™ was provided...
- Radiochromic film dosimetry in water phantomsM J Butson
City University of Hong Kong, Department of Physics and Materials Science, Kowloon Tong
Phys Med Biol 46:N27-31. 2001..Radiochromic film seems to be an adequate detector for dosimetry in a water phantom where high spatial resolution is needed and angle of beam incidence at the point of interest is important...
- Radiochromic film measurement of anisotropy function for high-dose-rate Ir-192 brachytherapy sourceS D Sharma
Cattedra di Fisica Medica, Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche e Biologiche, Universita degli Studi dell Insubria, 21100 Varese, Italy
Phys Med Biol 49:4065-72. 2004..The RCF method described in this paper is comparatively high resolution, simple to use and is a general method, which can be applied for other brachytherapy sources as well...
- Characterization and use of EBT radiochromic film for IMRT dose verificationOmar A Zeidan
Department of Radiation Physics, M D Anderson Cancer Center Orlando, 1400 South Orange Avenue, MP 730, Orlando, Florida 32806, USA
Med Phys 33:4064-72. 2006..Based on this study, we show that EBT film has several favorable features that allow for its use in routine IMRT patient-specific QA...
- Commissioning and quality assurance of RapidArc radiotherapy delivery systemC Clifton Ling
Varian Medical Systems, Palo Alto, CA, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 72:575-81. 2008..We developed RapidArc system commissioning and quality assurance (QA) procedures...
- Dosimetric verification of intensity modulated radiation therapy of 172 patients treated for various disease sites: comparison of EBT film dosimetry, ion chamber measurements, and independent MU calculationsEllen E Wilcox
Department of Radiation Oncology, Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Hartford, CT 06105, USA
Med Dosim 33:303-9. 2008....
- Investigation of Kodak extended dose range (EDR) film for megavoltage photon beam dosimetryIndrin J Chetty
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0010, USA
Phys Med Biol 47:3629-41. 2002..The results of this study indicate that Kodak EDR film may be a useful tool for relative dosimetry at higher dose ranges...
- Directional dependence in film dosimetry: radiographic and radiochromic filmN Suchowerska
School of Medical Radiation Science, University of Sydney, Lidcombe, Australia
Phys Med Biol 46:1391-7. 2001..In traditional radiotherapy, radiographic film dosimetry is commonly used...
- Study on the tongue and groove effect of the Elekta multileaf collimator using Monte Carlo simulation and film dosimetryFreddy Haryanto
Department of Medical Physics, Radiooncologic University Clinic, Tubingen, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 180:57-61. 2004..Due to the design of the leaf sides, the tongue and groove effect occurs for certain multileaf collimator applications such as the abutment of fields where the beam edges are defined by the sides of the leaves...
- Radiochromic film dosimetry with flatbed scanners: a fast and accurate method for dose calibration and uniformity correction with single film exposureL Menegotti
Department of Medical Physics, S Chiara Hospital, APSS Trento, Italy
Med Phys 35:3078-85. 2008b>Film dosimetry is an attractive tool for dose distribution verification in intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT)...
- The value of radiochromic film dosimetry around air cavities: experimental results and Monte Carlo simulationsL Paelinck
Division of Radiotherapy, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
Phys Med Biol 48:1895-905. 2003In this study we investigate radiochromic film dosimetry around air cavities with particular focus on the perturbation of the dose distribution by the film when the film is parallel to the beam axis...
- On the characterization and uncertainty analysis of radiochromic film dosimetryHugo Bouchard
Departement de Physique, Universite de Montreal, Pavilion Roger Gaudry D 428, 2900 boul Edouard Montpetit, Montreal, Quebec, H3T 1J4, Canada
Med Phys 36:1931-46. 2009..Since the measurement uncertainty in Gafchromic film dosimetry is thought to be significant compared to that of ionization chambers, a rigorous method to evaluate ..
- GafChromic EBT film dosimetry with flatbed CCD scanner: a novel background correction method and full dose uncertainty analysisSigrun Saur
Department of Physics, The Norwegian University of Science and Technology, N 7491 Trondheim, Norway
Med Phys 35:3094-101. 2008b>Film dosimetry using radiochromic EBT film in combination with a flatbed charge coupled device scanner is a useful method both for two-dimensional verification of intensity-modulated radiation treatment plans and for general quality ..
- Measurement of relative output factors for the 8 and 4 mm collimators of Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion by film dosimetryJosef Novotny
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Med Phys 36:1768-74. 2009..8% and +0.6% differences for 8 and 4 mm collimators, respectively). Based on the present values, no changes in the default relative output factor values were made in the treatment planning system...
- Spectromicroscopic film dosimetry for high-energy microbeam from synchrotron radiationNobuteru Nariyama
Japan Synchrotron Radiation Research Institute, Kouto 1 1 1, Sayo, Hyogo 679 5198, Japan
Appl Radiat Isot 67:155-9. 2009..7Gy/s, respectively. In a polymethylmethacrylate phantom, the peak-to-valley dose ratio decreased to 80 at a 1-mm depth. Doses calculated with the PENELOPE code agreed with those around the peak but became smaller in the valley...
- Calculation of the x-ray film response to heavy charged particle irradiationB Spielberger
Gesellschaft fur Schwerionenforschung, Darmstadt, Germany
Phys Med Biol 47:4107-20. 2002..Based on this model calculation a data base of film responses was set up. This enables a three-dimensional dose verification with films in the heavy ion tumour therapy project at GSI, Darmstadt...
- IMRT delivery verification using a spiral phantomSusan L Richardson
Department of Radiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Med Phys 30:2553-8. 2003..8 Gy fraction was 0.06 Gy for a TLD located in a high dose gradient region. This further validates the ability of the spiral phantom QA process to accurately verify delivery of an IMRT plan...
- Verification of IMRT fields by film dosimetryMarta Bucciolini
Universita di Firenze and INFN, Dipartimento di Fisiopatologia Clinica, Viale Morgagni 85, Firenze 1 50134, Italy
Med Phys 31:161-8. 2004..The intrinsic limitation of film dosimetry is the sensitivity dependence on the field size and on the measurement depth...
- Evaluation of a 2D diode array for IMRT quality assuranceDaniel Letourneau
Department of Radiation Oncology, William Beaumont Hospital, 3601 W Thirteen Mile Road, Royal Oak, MI 48073, USA
Radiother Oncol 70:199-206. 2004..The goal of this work is to evaluate the dosimetric characteristics of a new 2D diode array (MapCheck from Sun Nuclear Corporation, Melbourne, Florida) and assess the role it can play in routine IMRT QA...
- Comparison of film dosimetry techniques used for quality assurance of intensity modulated radiation therapySang Gyu Ju
Department of Radiation Oncology, Samsung Medical Center Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50 Ilwon Dong, Kangnam Ku, Seoul 135 710, Korea
Med Phys 37:2925-33. 2010..Therefore, a comparison study was conducted to assess the accuracy of various film dosimetry techniques that are widely used in clinics.
- Important considerations for radiochromic film dosimetry with flatbed CCD scanners and EBT GAFCHROMIC filmBart D Lynch
Department of Nuclear Engineering, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611 8300, USA
Med Phys 33:4551-6. 2006..present three significant artifacts that have the potential to negatively impact the accuracy and precision of film dosimetry measurements made using GAFCHROMIC EBT radiochromic film when read out with CCD flatbed scanners...
- Precautions and strategies in using a commercial flatbed scanner for radiochromic film dosimetryL Paelinck
Department of Radiotherapy, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
Phys Med Biol 52:231-42. 2007The purpose of this study was to investigate the value of a commercially available flatbed scanner for film dosimetry with radiochromic film for external radiotherapy...
- Application of high-resolution radiochromic film dosimetry in verifying a small-field stereotactic radiosurgery planK Y Lee
Department of Health Technology and Informatics, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
Appl Radiat Isot 64:934-9. 2006A high-resolution radiochromic film dosimetry (Hr-RCFD) method has been applied to verify a small-field stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) plan...
- A comprehensive study of the Gafchromic EBT2 radiochromic film. A comparison with EBTC Andres
Unidad de Radiofísica, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Valladolid 47003, Spain
Med Phys 37:6271-8. 2010..In particular, EBT was accepted by the scientific community as a reference two-dimensional detector. Recently, Gafchromic EBT2 has replaced old film, providing new improvements in both accuracy and handling...
- A novel method of radiochromic film dosimetry using a color scannerOliver Hupe
Physikalisch Technische Bundesanstalt, Bundesallee 100, 38116 Braunschweig, Germany
Med Phys 33:4085-94. 2006..Investigations on both film types, HS and MD55-2, as well as on the new EBT film have been carried out...
- Radiochromic film dosimetry of rectal inhomogeneity and applicator attenuation in high dose rate brachytherapy of uterine cervixSatish C Uniyal
Department of Radiology, Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, HIHT University, Jolly Grant, Dehradun 248140, India
J Appl Clin Med Phys 13:3654. 2012..attenuation in the HDR Ir-192 brachytherapy treatment of carcinoma uterine cervix by utilizing GAFCHROMIC EBT2 film dosimetry. The dose to rectal walls under the condition of rectal air heterogeneity was measured experimentally using ..
- Radiochromic film dosimetry of a high dose rate beta source for intravascular brachytherapyD M Duggan
Center for Radiation Oncology, The Vanderbilt Clinic, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 5671, USA
Med Phys 26:2461-4. 1999..5 mm. Radiochromic film dosimetry has been used to measure the dose distribution in a plane parallel to and at a radial distance of 2 mm from ..
- Multichannel film dosimetry with nonuniformity correctionAndre Micke
International Specialty Products, 1361 Alps Road, Wayne, New Jersey 07470, USA
Med Phys 38:2523-34. 2011A new method to evaluate radiochromic film dosimetry data scanned in multiple color channels is presented...
- Measurements of Gamma-Knife helmet output factors using a radiophotoluminescent glass rod dosimeter and a diode detectorFujio Araki
Department of Radiological Technology, Kumamoto University College of Medical Science, Kumamoto 862 0976, Japan
Med Phys 30:1976-81. 2003..The Gamma-Knife helmet output factors measured with the silicon diode detector are corrected for angular dependence...
- Optically stimulated luminescence (OSL) of carbon-doped aluminum oxide (Al2O3:C) for film dosimetry in radiotherapyV Schembri
Department of Radiation Oncology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Med Phys 34:2113-8. 2007..Here we have investigated basic characteristics of optically stimulated luminescence (OSL) of irradiated films containing carbon-doped aluminum oxide (Al2O3:C) for dosimetry in therapeutic photon and electron beams...
- An intercomparison between film dosimetry and diode matrix for IMRT quality assuranceF Banci Buonamici
SOD Fisica Medica, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Careggi viale Morgagni 85, I 50134 Firenze, Italy
Med Phys 34:1372-9. 2007..b>Film dosimetry has been widely adopted for this purpose due to excellent film characteristics in terms of spatial resolution; ..
- High precision film dosimetry with GAFCHROMIC films for quality assurance especially when using small fieldsAndreas Mack
Gamma Knife Center, Schleusenweg 2 16, NG 95, 60528 Frankfurt, Germany
Med Phys 30:2399-409. 2003..Special software routines have been implemented for evaluating and handling the film data...
- Accurate dosimetry with GafChromic EBT film of a 6 MV photon beam in water: what level is achievable?L J van Battum
Physics and Medical Technology, Academic Hospital Free University Amsterdam, P O Box 7057 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Med Phys 35:704-16. 2008..At last we advise to check a new film batch on its characteristics compared to available information, before using that batch for absolute dose measurements...
- New developments in radiochromic film dosimetryC G Soares
National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD, USA
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 120:100-6. 2006..Film uniformities were found to be good, on the order of 6% peak to peak. However, there is a strong polarisation effect in the samples examined, requiring care in film orientation during readout...
- Use of EPID for leaf position accuracy QA of dynamic multi-leaf collimator (DMLC) treatmentJ Chang
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Med Phys 31:2091-6. 2004..central axis plane and was compared to the film measurements which were scanned and converted to dose using a film dosimetry system...
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy: overlapping co-axial modulated fieldsP Metcalfe
Centre for Medical Radiation Physics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Phys Med Biol 49:3629-37. 2004..5 cGy in a modulated field at d(max). While the magnitude of the dose differences are small improved round end leaf modelling combined with a finer dose calculation grid may minimize the discrepancy between calculated and delivered dose...
- A clinical application of an automated phantom-film QA procedure for validation of IMRT treatment planning and deliveryAlexander Kapulsky
Department of Radiation Oncology, Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, NJ 17601, USA
Med Dosim 29:279-84. 2004..The films were analyzed using a commercial film dosimetry system...
- Design and implementation of a water phantom for IMRT, arc therapy, and tomotherapy dose distribution measurementsStefania Pallotta
Dipartimento di Fisiopatologia Clinica, Universita degli Studi di Firenze, Florence, Italy
Med Phys 34:3724-31. 2007....
- Retrospective analysis of 2D patient-specific IMRT verificationsNathan L Childress
Department of Radiation Physics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit 94, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Med Phys 32:838-50. 2005..The data from this work could be useful as a reference for other clinics to indicate anticipated trends in 2D verifications under various conditions...
- Dose and energy dependence of response of Gafchromic XR-QA film for kilovoltage x-ray beamsO Rampado
Struttura Complessa Fisica Sanitaria, Azienda Ospedaliera San Giovanni Battista, Corso Bramante 88, 10126 Torino, Italy
Phys Med Biol 51:2871-81. 2006..Results of the analysis of the sensitivity to visible light indicated that a short exposure of this film to ambient and scanner light during the measurements will not have a significant impact on the radiation dosimetry...
- EDR2 film dosimetry for IMRT verification using low-energy photon filtersInhwan Jason Yeo
Princess Margaret Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2M9, Canada
Med Phys 31:1960-3. 2004..The effects of using a low energy scattered photon filter on EDR2 film dosimetry was also studied...
- Comparison of the epson expression 1680 flatbed and the vidar VXR-16 dosimetry PRO film scanners for use in IMRT dosimetry using gafchromic and radiographic filmEllen Wilcox
Radiation Oncology, Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, 114 Woodland Street, Hartford, Connecticut 06105, USA
Med Phys 34:41-8. 2007..In the Epson scanner both films are rigidly immobilized and the light source scans over the film. It was found that the Epson scanner performed equally well with both types of film giving agreement to better than 90% in all indices...
- Beam modeling and verification of a photon beam multisource modelAnders Ahnesjö
Nucletron Scandinavia AB, Box 1704, 751 47 Uppsala, Sweden
Med Phys 32:1722-37. 2005..Internal, motorized wedges did yield slightly larger errors than external wedges. These results reflect the increased complexity, both experimentally and computationally, when wedges are used compared to open beams...
- Virtual micro MLC commissioningLaura Drever
Medical Physics Department, Allan Blair Cancer Centre, Regina, Saskatchewan, S4S 1V4, Canada
J Appl Clin Med Phys 6:1-11. 2005..paper, we report on the commissioning of this feature using software testing, dial gauge measurements, and film dosimetry. We also identify a variety of limitations: software bugs and truncation artifacts, MLC leaf positioning ..
- Film dosimetry for fluoroscopic procedures: potential errorsR E Morrell
Medical Physics Directorate, Nottingham City Hospital, Hucknall Road, Nottingham NG5 1PB, UK
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 114:147-9. 2005..The overall uncertainty in dose was estimated to be between -20% and +40%, at 160 mGy. This uncertainty increases as the film approaches its saturation point. In addition, some unusual artefacts were observed...
- Influence of phantom material and phantom size on radiographic film response in therapy photon beamsAsa Palm
Department of Medical Physics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
Med Phys 32:2434-42. 2005..This study shows that differences in the configuration of the phantoms used for film dosimetry can explain much of the inconsistency for film response reported in the literature.
- A methodology for verification of radiotherapy dose calculationNzhde Agazaryan
Department of Radiation Oncology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 6951, USA
J Neurosurg 101:356-61. 2004..Dosimetric accuracy of clinically active intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) and intensity-modulated radiosurgery (IMRS) programs was assessed using this methodology...
- Low dose fraction behavior of high sensitivity radiochromic filmE Y Hirata
University of Wisconsin Madison, Department of Medical Physics, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Med Phys 32:1054-60. 2005..These unexpected variations may indicate complex polymer kinetics at low doses. This type of film would require extra care beyond that described in TG-55 for accurate use at low doses or low dose fraction schemes...
- Evaluation of surface and build-up region dose for intensity-modulated radiation therapy in head and neck cancerHeeteak Chung
Department of Nuclear and Radiological Engineering, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Med Phys 32:2682-9. 2005..It was concluded that both TPSs overestimated the surface dose for both shallow and deep target cases. The amount of overestimation ranges from 400 to 1000 cGy (approximately 7.4% to 18.5% with respect to the prescribed dose, 5400 cGy)...
- The Schwarzschild effect of the dosimetry film Kodak EDR 2A Djouguela
Pius Hospital Oldenburg, Clinic of Radiotherapy and Oncology, Medical Radiation Physics Working Group and University of Oldenburg, Oldenburg, Germany
Phys Med Biol 50:N317-21. 2005....
- Performance analysis of a film dosimetric quality assurance procedure for IMRT with regard to the employment of quantitative evaluation methodsPeter Winkler
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Medical School, Auenbruggerplatz 32, 8036 Graz, Austria
Phys Med Biol 50:643-54. 2005..9% and 0.8 mm respectively. Based on these results, we specified 5% dose difference and 3 mm distance-to-agreement as our tolerance levels for patient-specific quality assurance for IMRT treatments...
- Generation of wedge-shaped dose distributions through dynamic multileaf collimator dose deliveryJingeng Zhu
Cancer Care Department, Provena Saint Joseph Medical Center, 333 North Madison Street, Joliet, Illinois 60435, USA
J Appl Clin Med Phys 6:37-45. 2005..e., 15 degrees, 30 degrees, 45 degrees, and 60 degrees). Film dosimetry is used for dose distribution verification...
- Dosimetry limitations and a dose correction methodology for step-and-shoot IMRTGrigor N Grigorov
Medical Physics Department, Grand River Regional Cancer Center, 835 King Street West, Kitchener, ON N2G 1G3, Canada
Phys Med Biol 51:637-52. 2006..The results of this work can be used to improve the agreement between the planned and delivered doses for IMRT...
- Detection of IMRT delivery errors using a quantitative 2D dosimetric verification systemNathan L Childress
Department of Radiation Physics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Med Phys 32:153-62. 2005....
- Quantitative analysis of patient-specific dosimetric IMRT verificationG J Budgell
North Western Medical Physics, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Phys Med Biol 50:103-19. 2005..Planning and delivery systems which cannot meet the required standards of accuracy, reproducibility and stability to reduce verification will not be accepted by the radiotherapy community...
- GafChromic RTQA film for routine quality assurance of high-energy photon beamsM D R Thomas
Joint Department of Physics, Royal Marsden Hospital, Downs Road, Sutton SM2 5PT, UK
Phys Med Biol 51:1439-47. 2006..5 mm. However, the measurement of absolute dose is subject to errors of about 25 cGy...
- Comparison of Monte Carlo calculations around a Fletcher Suit Delclos ovoid with radiochromic film and normoxic polymer gel dosimetryKent A Gifford
Department of Radiation Physics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Med Phys 32:2288-94. 2005..5.c can calculate dose accurately in the presence of the ovoid shields, that RCF and MAGIC gel can demonstrate the effect of ovoid shields on the dose distribution and the ovoid shields reduce the dose by as much as 50%...
- Clinical helical tomotherapy commissioning dosimetryJohn Balog
TomoTherapy Incorporated, Madison, Wisconsin 53717, USA
Med Phys 30:3097-106. 2003..Many beam characteristics can be measured automatically by an included megavoltage computed tomography imaging system. This greatly improves data collection efficiency...
- Physical aspects of dynamic stereotactic radiosurgery with very small photon beams (1.5 and 3 mm in diameter)Kamen A Paskalev
McGill University Health Centre, Montreal General Hospital, 1650 Avenue Cedar, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1A4, Canada
Med Phys 30:111-8. 2003..The results showed that dynamic radiosurgery with very small beams has a potential for clinical use...
- Dosimetric verification of x-ray fields with steep dose gradients using an electronic portal imaging deviceS C Vieira
Department of Radiotherapy, Division of Clinical Physics, Erasmus MC Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Groene Hilledijk 301, 3075 EA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Phys Med Biol 48:157-66. 2003..03 cm in the penumbra region. These results indicate that the EPID is well suited for accurate dosimetric verification of steep gradient x-ray fields...
- Dosimetric considerations for validation of a sequential IMRT process with a commercial treatment planning systemP Cadman
Department of Medical Physics, Saskatoon Cancer Centre, Saskatchewan, Canada
Phys Med Biol 47:3001-10. 2002..We found the dosimetric validation service provided by the RPC to be a valuable component of our IMRT validation efforts...
- Dosimetry and mechanical accuracy of the first rotating gamma system installed in North AmericaHideo D Kubo
Department of Radiation Oncology, UC Davis Cancer Center, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Med Phys 29:2497-505. 2002..Therefore, RGSu should be capable of achieving stereotactic radiosurgery with the same degree of dosimetric and mechanical accuracy as with the Gamma-Knife...
- Dosimetric accuracy of the ITP inverse treatment planning systemArthur J Olch
Radiation Oncology Program, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, 4650 Sunset Blvd, MS 54, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
Med Phys 29:2484-8. 2002..7% +/- 2%, and the distance to agreement for isodoses between 20% and 90% was 1.4 mm +/- 1 mm. This agreement is at least as good as that found for standard wedged fields in most treatment planning systems...
- Precision dosimetry for narrow photon beams used in radiosurgery-determination of Gamma Knife output factorsAndreas Mack
Gamma Knife Center Munich, Munich, Germany
Med Phys 29:2080-9. 2002..The measured output factors for the 8 mm and 14 mm collimator helmets are 0.9578 +/- 0.0057 and 0.9870 +/- 0.0086, respectively...
- IMRT verification by three-dimensional dose reconstruction from portal beam measurementsM Partridge
DKFZ Heidelberg, Germany
Med Phys 29:1847-58. 2002..Planned and reconstructed dose distributions are compared, with the reconstructed relative dose distribution also being compared to film measurements...
- The value of radiographic film for the characterization of intensity-modulated beamsC Martens
Division of Radiotherapy, Ghent University Hospital, Gent, Belgium
Phys Med Biol 47:2221-34. 2002..In shielded organs at risk the deviations can mount to about 3%, depending on the film batch. In conclusion, radiographic film is a suitable detector for characterizing IM beams in a plane at reference depth...
- Benchmarking beam alignment for a clinical helical tomotherapy deviceJohn Balog
TomoTherapy Incorporated, Madison, Wisconsin 53717, USA
Med Phys 30:1118-27. 2003..These detectors have proved capable of performing some alignment verification tests. That is particularly advantageous because those tests can then be automated and easily performed on an ongoing basis...
- Dosimetric characteristics of the Elekta Beam ModulatorI Patel
North Western Medical Physics, Radiotherapy Department, Rosemere Cancer Centre, Royal Preston Hospital, UK
Phys Med Biol 50:5479-92. 2005..The maximum interleaf leakage was found to be 1.7% and the average leaf transmission less than 1.0%. No major differences were observed in leakage and transmission with changing gantry angle...
- The volume effect of detectors in the dosimetry of small fields used in IMRTWolfram U Laub
Department of Medical Physics, University of Tubingen, Germany
Med Phys 30:341-7. 2003....
- Film dosimetry in the peripheral region using multiple sensitometric curvesRobin L Stern
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Med Phys 31:327-32. 2004We present a method for applying film dosimetry to the peripheral region utilizing multiple sensitometric curves...
- Geometric leaf placement strategiesJ D Fenwick
Department of Physics, Clatterbridge, Centre for Oncology, Clatterbridge Road, Bebington, Wirral CH63 4JY, UK
Phys Med Biol 49:1505-19. 2004....
- Simplified intensity-modulated arc therapy for dose escalated prostate cancer radiotherapyG Bauman
Departments of Radiation Oncology, London Regional Cancer Centre and the University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Med Dosim 29:18-25. 2004..On the basis of this analysis, we have commenced a clinical pilot study of SIMAT for prostate cancer radiotherapy...
- Surface and build-up region dosimetry for obliquely incident intensity modulated radiotherapy 6 MV x raysNesrin Dogan
Loyola University Chicago Medical Center, Department of Radiation Oncology, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
Med Phys 30:3091-6. 2003..The PDDs of 75 degrees, 6 cm x 6 cm IMRTstrip beam at the surface and 5 mm were lower by 6.7% and 2.4%, respectively, compared to the open field. This study showed that IMRT itself is not contributing to greater skin doses...
- A dose delivery verification method for conventional and intensity-modulated radiation therapy using measured field fluence distributionsWendel Dean Renner
Math Resolution, LLC, 5975 Gales Lane, Columbia, Maryland 21045, USA
Med Phys 30:2996-3005. 2003..The potential exists with a suitable electronic portal imaging system to reduce the quality assurance efforts, especially for IMRT...
- Measurement of dose reductions for superficial x-rays backscattered from bone interfacesMartin J Butson
Department of Physics and Materials Science, City University of Hong Kong, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
Phys Med Biol 53:N329-36. 2008....
- Normalized sensitometric curves for the verification of hybrid IMRT treatment plans with multiple energiesDietmar Georg
Division of Medical Radiation Physics, Department of Radiotherapy and Radiobiology, University of Vienna Medical School, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Med Phys 30:1142-50. 2003With the clinical implementation of time-variable dose patterns and intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) film dosimetry has regained popularity...
- Rectal wall sparing by dosimetric effect of rectal balloon used during intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) for prostate cancerBin S Teh
Department of Radiology Section of Radiation Oncology, Baylor College of Medicine, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Med Dosim 30:25-30. 2005..DVH of the rectum was also evaluated. From film dosimetry, there was a dose reduction at the distal air-tissue interface as much as 60% compared with the same geometry ..
- Use of electron beam radiation for the reduction of Salmonella enterica serovars typhimurium and Tennessee in peanut butterA L Hvizdzak
Animal and Nutritional Sciences, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506, USA
J Food Prot 73:353-7. 2010..0 log CFU/g of Salmonella, and exposed to e-beam doses ranging from 0 to 3.1 kGy. Doses were confirmed with film dosimetry. Survivors were enumerated by standard spread plating on nonselective tryptic soy agar (TSA) and selective ..
- Patient and staff doses for some complex x-ray examinationsT Olgar
Faculty of Engineering, Department of Engineering Physics, Ankara University, Tandogan, Ankara, Turkey
J Radiol Prot 29:393-407. 2009..Dose measurements were made separately for each projection, and DAP, thermoluminescent dosimetry (TLD), film dosimetry and tube output measurement techniques were used...
- Evaluation of polymer gels and MRI as a 3-D dosimeter for intensity-modulated radiation therapyD A Low
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Med Phys 26:1542-51. 1999..Ionization chamber, thermoluminescent dosimetry (TLD), and film dosimetry measurements of the IMRT dose distributions were obtained to compare against the gel results...
- Total occupational exposure during characterisation, conditioning and securing of radioactive sealed sources: a new dosimetric concept using active electronic dosimetersIvica Prlić
Institute for Medical Research and Occupational Health, Zagreb, Croatia
Arh Hig Rada Toksikol 60:53-60. 2009..In order to establish total occupational exposure, control radon measurement was performed in the immediate environment and the external Hazard index (Hex) was calculated...
- Cervical spine imaging using mini--C-arm fluoroscopy: patient and surgeon exposure to direct and scatter radiationBrian D Giordano
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Spinal Disord Tech 22:399-403. 2009..Direct and scatter radiation was measured during cadaveric cervical spine imaging with a mini-C-arm fluoroscope...
- A comprehensive evaluation of the PRESAGE/optical-CT 3D dosimetry systemH S Sakhalkar
Department of Radiation Oncology Physics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Med Phys 36:71-82. 2009..The significance of this treatment was that it facilitated accurate film dosimetry in the axial plane, for independent verification...
- Effect of metal reconstruction plates on cobalt-60 dose distribution: a predictive formula and clinical implicationsE Melian
Department of Radiotherapy of Loyola University Medical Center and the Edward Hines Jr Veterans Affairs Hospital, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 44:725-30. 1999..We sought to create a predictive formula for the dose perturbations caused by head and neck reconstruction plates in the delivery of postoperative radiotherapy with 60Co beams...
- Dosimetry of a W-188/Re-188 beta line source for endovascular brachytherapyU O Häfeli
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Radiation Oncology Department, Ohio 44195, USA
Med Phys 27:668-75. 2000....
- Retrospective biodosimetry among United States radiologic technologistsParveen Bhatti
Radiation Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, DHHS, Bethesda, MD, USA
Radiat Res 167:727-34. 2007..S. radiologic technologists...
- Center for Biophysical Assessment and Risk Management Following IrradiationPaul Okunieff; Fiscal Year: 2009..traps in the carbonate of tooth enamel (or bone) and in sulfate of hair and nails, much in the same way as film dosimetry uses silver nitrate...
- COMBINED EFFECT OF RADIATION & ASBESTOS IN PRODUCING PULTIMOTHY TAKARO; Fiscal Year: 2001..Answers to these questions should improve the risk profiling of former USDOE workers as well as those involved in future remediation of radiation and asbestos contaminated sites. ..
- Real-time in Vivo Dosimetry in Radiation Therapy Using Scintillation DetectorsSam Beddar; Fiscal Year: 2009..The resulting data can also be used to study dose- related treatment side effects. The ultimate goal of utilizing this method is to improve the delivery of radiotherapy treatments and the quality of life of radiotherapy patients. ..
- Diffusion of an Effective Skin Cancer Prevention ProgramKaren Glanz; Fiscal Year: 2007..The findings will make a significant contribution to our understanding of skin cancer prevention behaviors of individuals and aquatics organizations. ..
- Increasing CRC Screening in Health Plan MembersKaren Glanz; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- ASTHMA HEALTH OUTCOMES FOLLOWING INTENSIVE CAREMark Eisner; Fiscal Year: 2004..This award will enable Dr. Eisner's continued progression to an independent clinical investigator. ..
- Better correlation of outcomes with MC dose calculationIndrin Chetty; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Telephone E-Health Communication for Improving Glaucoma Treatment ComplianceKaren Glanz; Fiscal Year: 2009..The findings from this study can inform future public health interventions for improving treatment compliance in vision health and other chronic conditions that require compliance with medication and other treatments. ..
- Four-dimensional IMAT planning using graph algorithmsCedric X Yu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Successful achievement of the aforementioned project aims will provide planning and practical image guidance for the safe and efficient delivery of IMAT, and significantly improve cancer treatments. ..
- Disability and Health Outcomes in COPDMark Eisner; Fiscal Year: 2008..Based on this work, intervention strategies can be designed that target reduction of functional limitation and disability to improve downstream health outcomes. ..