digital subtraction angiography
Summary: A method of delineating blood vessels by subtracting a tissue background image from an image of tissue plus intravascular contrast material that attenuates the X-ray photons. The background image is determined from a digitized image taken a few moments before injection of the contrast material. The resulting angiogram is a high-contrast image of the vessel. This subtraction technique allows extraction of a high-intensity signal from the superimposed background information. The image is thus the result of the differential absorption of X-rays by different tissues.
Publications280 found, 100 shown here
- Three-dimensional time-of-flight MR angiography for evaluation of intracranial aneurysms after endosaccular packing with Guglielmi detachable coils: comparison with 3D digital subtraction angiographyMika Okahara
Department of Radiology, Nagatomi Neurosurgical Hospital, Oita, Japan
Eur Radiol 14:1162-8. 2004..and specificities of three-dimensional time-of-flight MR angiography (3D-TOF MRA) and 3D digital subtraction angiography (3D-DSA) were compared for evaluation of cerebral aneurysms after endosaccular packing with Guglielmi ..
- Measurements of the middle cerebral artery in digital subtraction angiography and MR angiographyEugeniusz Tarasow
Department of Radiology, Medical University in Białystok, Białystok, Poland
Med Sci Monit 13:65-72. 2007..to define the range of normal values of widths and lengths of particular MCA segments, define age and sex variability, and compare the compatibility of MCA measurements of digital subtraction angiography (DSA) and MR angiography (MRA).
- Duplex ultrasound and magnetic resonance angiography compared with digital subtraction angiography in carotid artery stenosis: a systematic reviewPaul J Nederkoorn
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Stroke 34:1324-32. 2003..of this work was to review and compare published data on the diagnostic value of duplex ultrasonography (DUS), MR angiography (MRA), and conventional digital subtraction angiography (DSA) for the diagnosis of carotid artery stenosis.
- Atherosclerotic disease: whole-body cardiovascular imaging with MR system with 32 receiver channels and total-body surface coil technology--initial clinical resultsMichael Fenchel
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Eberhard Karls University, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 3, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Radiology 238:280-91. 2006..and specificity for depiction of significant vascular stenosis (> 70%) were 96%, with conventional digital subtraction angiography as the standard...
- Difference in configuration of ruptured and unruptured intracranial aneurysms determined by biplanar digital subtraction angiographyJ Beck
Department of Neurosurgery, Neurology and Neurosurgery Centre, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 145:861-5; discussion 865. 2003..the anatomical configuration of ruptured and unruptured intracranial aneurysms using biplanar digital subtraction angiography (DSA)...
- Increased vascularity detected by digital subtraction angiography after VEGF gene transfer to human lower limb artery: a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blinded phase II studyKimmo Makinen
Department of Surgery, University of Kuopio, Kuopio, Finland
Mol Ther 6:127-33. 2002..b>Digital subtraction angiography (DSA) was used to evaluate vascularity before, immediately after, and 3 months after the PTA...
- Intra-arterial administration of fasudil hydrochloride for vasospasm following subarachnoid hemorrhage - analysis of time-density curve with digital subtraction angiographySatoshi Iwabuchi
The Department of Neurosurgery, Toho University Ohashi Medical Center, Tokyo, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 46:535-9; discussion 540. 2006..The present study suggests that intra-arterial administration of fasudil hydrochloride is effective as a treatment for vasospasm following SAH...
- Computed tomography angiography versus digital subtraction angiography in vascular mapping for planning of microsurgical reconstruction of the mandibleMichael Lell
Institute of Diagnostic Radiology, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Krankenhausstrasse 12, 91054, Erlangen, Germany
Eur Radiol 15:1514-20. 2005..The aim of this work was to compare the potential of computed tomography angiography (CTA) with that of digital subtraction angiography (DSA) in vascular mapping of the external carotid artery (ECA) branches for planning of microvascular ..
- Variant hepatic arterial anatomy revisited: digital subtraction angiography performed in 600 patientsAnne M Covey
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
Radiology 224:542-7. 2002To evaluate and describe the prevalence of hepatic arterial variants seen at digital subtraction angiography in a large series of patients.
- Gadolinium-based contrast media compared with iodinated media for digital subtraction angiography in azotaemic patientsChristiane M Erley
University of Tubingen, Department of Internal Medicine, Section for Nephrology and Hypertension, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:2526-31. 2004....
- Cost-effectiveness of magnetic resonance angiography versus intra-arterial digital subtraction angiography to follow-up patients with coiled intracranial aneurysmsJoanna D Schaafsma
Department of Neurology, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Stroke 41:1736-42. 2010..resonance angiography (MRA) is a promising noninvasive alternative to current standard intra-arterial digital subtraction angiography (IA-DSA)...
- Comparison of three-dimensional rotational angiography with digital subtraction angiography in the assessment of ruptured cerebral aneurysmsAlbrecht Hochmuth
Section of Neuroradiology, Neurozentrum, Klinikum der Albert Ludwigs Universitaet, Freiburg, Germany
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 23:1199-205. 2002Rotational angiography (RA) and digital subtraction angiography (DSA) together may depict more intracranial aneurysms than DSA alone...
- Characterization of aneurysm remnants after endovascular treatment: contrast-enhanced MR angiography versus catheter digital subtraction angiographyR Agid
Department of Medical Imaging, Division of Neuroradiology, Toronto Western Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 29:1570-4. 2008..Our aim was to compare contrast-enhanced MR angiography (CE-MRA) with digital subtraction angiography (DSA) for depiction of aneurysmal remnants of coiled cerebral aneurysms.
- Imaging modalities for renal artery stenosis in suspected renovascular hypertension: prospective intraindividual comparison of color Doppler US, CT angiography, GD-enhanced MR angiography, and digital substraction angiographyC Rountas
Department of Radiology, University of Thessalia, Larissa, Greece
Ren Fail 29:295-302. 2007..of Color Doppler US, CT Angiography (CTA), and GD-enhanced MR Angiography (MRA) compared with digital subtraction angiography (DSA) for the detection of renal artery stenosis in patients with clinically suspected renovascular ..
- In vivo small-animal imaging using micro-CT and digital subtraction angiographyC T Badea
Center for In Vivo Microscopy, Department of Radiology, Duke University, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Phys Med Biol 53:R319-50. 2008..x-ray based small-animal imaging, with a focus on in vivo micro-computed tomography (micro-CT) and digital subtraction angiography (DSA). We present the principles, technologies, image quality parameters and types of applications...
- Territorial arterial spin labeling in the assessment of collateral circulation: comparison with digital subtraction angiographySoke Miang Chng
Department of Neuroradiology, National Neuroscience Institute, Singapore
Stroke 39:3248-54. 2008..b>Digital subtraction angiography (DSA) is the gold standard for the assessment of collateral circulation, despite its invasive nature...
- Stenosis detection in failing hemodialysis access fistulas and grafts: comparison of color Doppler ultrasonography, contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance angiography, and digital subtraction angiographyCornelis Doelman
Department of Radiology, Catharina Hospital, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
J Vasc Surg 42:739-46. 2005..Color Doppler ultrasonography (CDUS) and digital subtraction angiography (DSA) are most widely used for the detection of access stenoses, and contrast-enhanced magnetic ..
- Pedal angiography in peripheral arterial occlusive disease: first-pass i.v. contrast-enhanced MR angiography with blood pool contrast medium versus intraarterial digital subtraction angiographySebastian Kos
Division of Interventional Radiology, Institute of Radiology, University Hospital Basel, Petersgraben 4, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
AJR Am J Roentgenol 192:775-84. 2009..MR angiography in patients with peripheral arterial occlusive disease for visualization of the pedal arteries and stenosis or occlusion of those arteries with intraarterial digital subtraction angiography as the reference standard.
- Treatment of rabbit elastase-induced aneurysm models by flow diverters: development of quantifiable indexes of device performance using digital subtraction angiographyChander Sadasivan
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Universityof Miami, Coral Gables, FL 33146, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 28:1117-25. 2009..A value of the prognostic parameter of less than 30 predicted greater than 97% angiographic aneurysm occlusion over six months with a sensitivity of 73% and specificity of 82%...
- Gadofosveset-enhanced MR angiography of carotid arteries: does steady-state imaging improve accuracy of first-pass imaging? Comparison with selective digital subtraction angiographyMichele Anzidei
Department of Radiological Sciences, University of Rome La Sapienza, Viale Regina Elena 324, 00161 Rome, Italy
Radiology 251:457-66. 2009..magnetic resonance (MR) angiography in the assessment of carotid artery stenosis, with digital subtraction angiography (DSA) as the reference standard, and to determine the value of reading first-pass, steady-state, and "..
- Dual-energy CT angiography in the evaluation of intracranial aneurysms: image quality, radiation dose, and comparison with 3D rotational digital subtraction angiographyLong Jiang Zhang
Department of Medical Imaging, Jinling Hospital, Clinical School of Medical College, Nanjing University, 305 Zhongshan East Rd, Xuanwu District, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, China 210012
AJR Am J Roentgenol 194:23-30. 2010..of this study was to evaluate the image quality, radiation dose, and diagnostic accuracy of dual-energy CT angiography (CTA) compared with 3D rotational digital subtraction angiography (DSA) in the detection of intracranial aneurysms.
- Automatic lumen segmentation in calcified plaques: dual-energy CT versus standard reconstructions in comparison with digital subtraction angiographyChristoph Thomas
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen 72076, Germany
AJR Am J Roentgenol 194:1590-5. 2010..The objective of this study is to compare the accuracy of visual grading of stenoses after plaque removal with visual grading in standard reconstructions. Digital subtraction angiography (DSA) was used as a reference standard.
- Critical lower-limb ischemia: the diagnostic performance of dual-phase injection MR angiography (including high-resolution distal imaging) compared with digital subtraction angiographyAndrew R Owen
Department of Interventional Radiology, Austin Health, 145 Studley Road, Heidelberg, Melbourne, Australia
J Vasc Interv Radiol 20:165-72. 2009To prospectively compare contrast-enhanced (CE) magnetic resonance (MR) angiography against digital subtraction angiography (DSA) in patients with critical lower-limb ischemia.
- Failing hemodialysis arteriovenous fistula and percutaneous treatment: imaging with CT, MRI and digital subtraction angiographyE Cavagna
Department of Radiology, S Martino Hospital, Viale Europa 22, I 32100 Belluno, Italy
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 23:262-5. 2000..hemodialysis arteriovenous fistulas with helical CT angiography (CTA), MR angiography (MRA), and digital subtraction angiography (DSA), and to compare the efficacy of the three techniques in detecting the number, location, grade, ..
- Vascular mapping of head and neck: computed tomography angiography versus digital subtraction angiographyManuel Kramer
Institute of Diagnostic Radiology, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 66:302-7. 2008The aim of the study was to compare multislice computed tomography angiography (MSCTA) to digital subtraction angiography (DSA) for vascular mapping of the head and neck.
- Stenosis detection with MR angiography and digital subtraction angiography in dysfunctional hemodialysis access fistulas and graftsClemence L Froger
Department of Radiology, Catharina Hospital, Michelangelolaan 2, 5623 EJ Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Radiology 234:284-91. 2005..contrast material-enhanced magnetic resonance (MR) angiography for stenosis depiction in malfunctioning hemodialysis arteriovenous fistulas (AVFs) and grafts (AVGs), as compared with digital subtraction angiography (DSA).
- Gadolinium-enhanced magnetic resonance angiography in renal artery stenosis: comparison with digital subtraction angiographyY M Law
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Singapore General Hospital, Outram Road, Singapore 169608
Hong Kong Med J 14:136-41. 2008To evaluate the accuracy of gadolinium-enhanced magnetic resonance angiography in assessing renal artery stenosis compared to catheter digital subtraction angiography.
- Assessment of critical limb ischemia in patients with diabetes: comparison of MR angiography and digital subtraction angiographyMatthieu Lapeyre
Service de Radiologie et d Imagerie Médicale, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Henri Mondor, 51 avenue du Mal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010 Creteil Cedex, France
AJR Am J Roentgenol 185:1641-50. 2005The purpose of our study was to evaluate the diagnostic accuracy of hybrid MR angiography by comparison with digital subtraction angiography (DSA) in diabetic patients with critical limb ischemia.
- Evaluation of the intracranial dural sinuses with a 3D contrast-enhanced MP-RAGE sequence: prospective comparison with 2D-TOF MR venography and digital subtraction angiographyL Liang
Department of Radiology, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, 1-1-1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860-8556, Japan
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 22:481-92. 2001..rapid gradient-echo (MP-RAGE) sequences with 2D time-of-flight (TOF) MR venography, digital subtraction angiography (DSA), and conventional spin-echo (SE) MR imaging for the assessment of normal and abnormal dural ..
- Detection of hypervascular hepatocellular carcinoma: Comparison of multi-detector CT with digital subtraction angiography and Lipiodol CTXiao hua Zheng
Department of Radiology, Huaxi Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, Sichuan Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:200-3. 2005..to compare the diagnostic accuracy of biphasic multi-detector row helical computed tomography (MDCT), digital subtraction angiography (DSA) and Lipiodol computed tomography (CT) in detection of hypervascular hepatocellular carcinoma (..
- Fibromuscular dysplasia of the main renal arteries: comparison of contrast-enhanced MR angiography with digital subtraction angiographySerge Willoteaux
Department of Cardiovascular Radiology, CHRU de Lille, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Radiology 241:922-9. 2006..and specificity of contrast material-enhanced magnetic resonance (MR) angiography by using digital subtraction angiography as the reference standard in patients with hypertension and renal artery fibromuscular dysplasia (FMD)...
- Preoperative evaluation of hilar cholangiocarcinoma with contrast-enhanced three-dimensional fast imaging with steady-state precession magnetic resonance angiography: comparison with intraarterial digital subtraction angiographyMoon Gyu Lee
Department of Radiology, University of Ulsan Asan Medical Center, 388 1, Pungnap dong, 138 736, Songpa Gu, Seoul, Korea
World J Surg 27:278-83. 2003..angiography in patients with hilar cholangiocarcinoma, and to compare its efficacy with intraarterial digital subtraction angiography (DSA)...
- Compartments in arteriovenous malformation nidi demonstrated with rotational three-dimensional digital subtraction angiography by using selective microcatheterization. Report of three casesYukinari Kakizawa
Department of Neurosurgery, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
J Neurosurg 96:770-4. 2002..three-dimensional (3D) angiographic guidance to obtain 3D images of the nidus by using rotational digital subtraction angiography. On 3D images the different feeding arteries were found to be independent from one another, which ..
- Dangerous advances in measurements from digital subtraction angiography: when is a millimeter not a millimeter?A J Fox
Department of Neuroradiology, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 30:459-61. 2009Aneurysms need accurate millimeters (mm). Direct millimeters were lost with digital subtraction angiography (DSA) years ago, with measurements in pixels. Advances in DSA can now give inherent millimeters...
- Evaluation of the anterior ethmoidal artery by 3D dual volume rotational digital subtraction angiography and native multidetector CT with multiplanar reformations. Initial findingsIgnazio Pandolfo
Department of Radiological Sciences, University of Messina, Via Consolare Valeria Gazzi, 98125 Messina, Italy
Eur Radiol 17:1584-90. 2007....
- Multi-detector row CT angiography in the assessment of carotid artery disease in symptomatic patients: comparison with rotational angiography and digital subtraction angiographyMarja Berg
Department of Clinical Radiology, Kuopio University Hospital, Finland
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 26:1022-34. 2005..We also evaluated the diagnostic performance of CT angiography compared with digital subtraction angiography (DSA).
- Contrast-enhanced power Doppler sonography of ductal pancreatic adenocarcinomas: correlation with digital subtraction angiography findingsChien Hua Chen
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Show Chwan Memorial Hospital, 542, Section 1, Chung Shang Road, Changhua 500, Taiwan
J Clin Ultrasound 32:179-85. 2004..was to utilize contrast-enhanced power Doppler sonography to evaluate the enhancement characteristics of ductal pancreatic adenocarcinomas and correlate them with the tumor vascularity observed on digital subtraction angiography (DSA).
- Comparison between 64-row CT angiography and digital subtraction angiography in the study of lower extremities: personal experienceS Cernic
Unità Clinico Operativa di Radiologia, Universita degli Studi di Trieste, Ospedale di Cattinara, Strada di Fiume 447, 34149, Trieste, Italy
Radiol Med 114:1115-29. 2009This study was undertaken to evaluate the potential of 64-row multislice computed tomography (CT) versus digital subtraction angiography (DSA) in detecting significant lesions of lower-extremity inflow and runoff arteries.
- Cerebral arteriovenous malformations at 3.0 T: intraindividual comparative study of 4D-MRA in combination with selective arterial spin labeling and digital subtraction angiographyGuido M Kukuk
Department of Radiology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Invest Radiol 45:126-32. 2010..0 Tesla and digital subtraction angiography (DSA) for anatomic and functional characterization of cerebral arteriovenous malformations (AVMs).
- A comparison of computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, and digital subtraction angiography findings in the diagnosis of infected aortic aneurysmMing Pin Lin
Department of Radiology, Chi Mei Foundation Medical Center, Liou Yin Campus, Yung Kang City, Tainan Hsien, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Comput Assist Tomogr 32:616-20. 2008..To characterize imaging findings from computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, and angiogram in patients with infected aortic aneurysm...
- Comparison of 2D digital subtraction angiography and 3D rotational angiography in the evaluation of dome-to-neck ratioW Brinjikji
Mayo Medical School, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 30:831-4. 2009..of this study was to determine whether 3D rotational angiography (3DRA) can be used to determine accurately the dome-to-neck ratio of intracranial aneurysms when compared with conventional 2D digital subtraction angiography (2D DSA).
- Sclerotherapy of voluminous venous malformation in head and neck with absolute ethanol under digital subtraction angiography guidanceY A Wang
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, College of Stomatology, Ninth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, No 639, Zhi Zao Ju Road, Shanghai 200011, PR China
Phlebology 25:138-44. 2010..of voluminous VM, when the lesion is either >or=15 cm in maximum diameter or the lesion invades more than one anatomical space, in the head and neck region using absolute ethanol under digital subtraction angiography (DSA) guidance.
- Preoperative imaging of cervical spine hemangioblastomas using three-dimensional fusion digital subtraction angiography. Report of two casesDaniel M Sciubba
Department of Neurosurgery, Oncology, and Radiology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 5:96-100. 2006....
- Identifying feeding arteries during TACE of hepatic tumors: comparison of C-arm CT and digital subtraction angiographyJin Iwazawa
Department of Radiology, Nissay Hospital, 6 3 8 Itachibori, Nishiku, Osaka 550 0012, Japan
AJR Am J Roentgenol 192:1057-63. 2009This study compares the diagnostic accuracy of C-arm CT with digital subtraction angiography (DSA) in identifying tumor-feeding arteries during superselective transarterial chemoembolization (TACE).
- Detection and characterization of intracranial aneurysms with 16-channel multidetector row CT angiography: a prospective comparison of volume-rendered images and digital subtraction angiographyD Y Yoon
Department of Radiology, Kangdong Seong Sim Hospital, Hallym University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 28:60-7. 2007The aim of our study was to compare multidetector row CT angiography (MDCTA) with digital subtraction angiography (DSA) in the detection and characterization of intracranial aneurysms.
- Usefulness of three-dimensional digital subtraction angiography in endovascular treatment of a spinal dural arteriovenous fistulaNoriaki Matsubara
Department of Neurosurgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan
J Neurosurg Spine 8:462-7. 2008..Selective spinal 3D DS angiography was very useful in understanding the complex spinal vascular architecture and in choosing the best working angle and therapeutic strategy for endovascular treatment of spinal DAVFs...
- Three-dimensional time-of-flight MR angiography at 3 T compared to digital subtraction angiography in the follow-up of ruptured and coiled intracranial aneurysms: a prospective studyH Urbach
Department of Radiology, University of Bonn Medical Centre, Bonn, Germany
Neuroradiology 50:383-9. 2008Since digital subtraction angiography (DSA) carries a low risk of morbidity, and is associated with patient discomfort and higher cost, our objective was to determine whether high-resolution 3-D time-of-flight MR angiography (TOF-MRA) at ..
- Time-of-flight MR angiography at 3T versus digital subtraction angiography in the imaging follow-up of 51 intracranial aneurysms treated with coilsJean Christophe Ferre
Department of Neuroradiology, Hopital Pontchaillou, University Hospital Rennes, Rennes, France
Eur J Radiol 72:365-9. 2009To compare 3D time-of-flight MR angiography (TOF-MRA) at 3 Tesla (3T) with digital subtraction angiography (DSA) for the evaluation of intracranial aneurysm occlusion after endovascular coiling.
- Proximal great vessels of aortic arch: comparison of three-dimensional gadolinium-enhanced MR angiography and digital subtraction angiographyBruno Randoux
Department of Neuroradiology, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Batiment Babinski, 47 83 Blvd de l Hôpital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Radiology 229:697-702. 2003To prospectively compare dynamic three-dimensional (3D) gadolinium-enhanced magnetic resonance (MR) angiography and digital subtraction angiography (DSA) for the detection of ostial stenosis of the craniocervical vessels.
- Three-dimensional angiography using rotational digital subtraction angiography: usefulness in transarterial embolization of hepatic tumorsN Tanigawa
Department of Radiology, Kansai Medical University, Fumizono, Moriguchi, Osaka, Japan
Acta Radiol 45:602-7. 2004To assess the usefulness of three-dimensional (3D) angiography using rotational digital subtraction angiography (DSA) in transarterial embolization of hepatic tumors.
- IvACT after aneurysm clipping as an alternative to digital subtraction angiography--first experiencesD Wachter
Neurochirurgie, Georg August University Gottingen, Robert Koch Strasse 40, Gottingen, Germany
Cent Eur Neurosurg 71:121-5. 2010After clipping of intracranial aneurysms, digital subtraction angiography (DSA) is recommended for the proof of complete aneurysm occlusion or identification of aneurysm remnants, especially in cases with a more complex angioarchitecture ..
- Prospective evaluation of suspected stenoocclusive disease of the intracranial artery: combined MR angiography and CT angiography compared with digital subtraction angiographyToshinori Hirai
Department of Radiology, Amakusa Medical Center, 854 1 Kameba, Hondo, Kumamoto 863 0046, Japan
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 23:93-101. 2002..Our purpose was to determine whether the accuracy of combined MR angiography and CT angiography is equal to that of digital subtraction angiography (DSA) in measuring stenosis and detecting major intracranial arterial occlusion.
- High-spatial-resolution MR angiography of renal arteries with integrated parallel acquisitions: comparison with digital subtraction angiography and USStefan O Schoenberg
Institute of Clinical Radiology, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Radiology 235:687-98. 2005..an integrated parallel acquisition technique for high isotropic spatial resolution, with selective digital subtraction angiography (DSA) and intravascular ultrasonography (US) for accuracy of diameter and area measurements in renal ..
- Persistent hypoglossal artery: MRI, MRA and digital subtraction angiographyS Hahnel
Department of Neuroradiology, University of Heidelberg Medical School Germany
Neuroradiology 43:767-9. 2001We present the MRI, MRA and digital subtraction angiography (DSA) findings in a persistent hypoglossal artery found incidentally in a patient with cutaneous and intracranial haemangiomata.
- Carbon dioxide digital subtraction angiography: the practical approachJ G Caridi
Department of Radiology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610 0374, USA
Tech Vasc Interv Radiol 4:57-65. 2001..combined with experience, can reduce the greater labor intensity sometimes associated with CO(2) digital subtraction angiography. When it is used appropriately, CO(2) digital subtraction angiography alone or in combination with ..
- Call-Fleming syndrome associated with subarachnoid haemorrhage: three new casesR R Moustafa
University of Cambridge, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 79:602-5. 2008....
- Intracranial vascular stenosis and occlusive disease: evaluation with CT angiography, MR angiography, and digital subtraction angiographySuzie Bash
Department of Radiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 26:1012-21. 2005Although digital subtraction angiography (DSA) provides excellent visualization of the intracranial vasculature, it has several limitations...
- 3D rotational digital subtraction angiography may underestimate intracranial aneurysms: findings from two basilar aneurysmsL D Jou
Department of Radiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 28:1690-2. 20073D digital subtraction angiography (DSA) allows clinicians to review intracranial aneurysms and other vascular lesions. We report 2 basilar aneurysms that were imaged by both 3D DSA and DynaCT...
- Renal arterial stenosis: prospective comparison of color Doppler US and breath-hold, three-dimensional, dynamic, gadolinium-enhanced MR angiographyF De Cobelli
Department of Radiology, Scientific Institute S Raffaele, University Hospital, Olgettina 60, 20132 Milan, Italy
Radiology 214:373-80. 2000..To compare color Doppler ultrasonography (US) with fast, breath-hold, three-dimensional, gadolinium-enhanced magnetic resonance (MR) angiography in detecting renal arterial stenosis...
- Comparison of 2D and 3D digital subtraction angiography in evaluation of intracranial aneurysmsTakeshi Sugahara
Department of Radiology, Health and Welfare Hospital, Kumamoto 860 8556, Japan
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 23:1545-52. 2002Although digital subtraction angiography (DSA) is considered the criterion standard for depiction of intracranial aneurysms, it is often difficult to determine the relationship of overlapping vessels to aneurysms when using 2D DSA...
- CT angiography with three-dimensional techniques for the early diagnosis of intracranial aneurysms. Comparison with intra-arterial DSA and the surgical findingsMaria T Karamessini
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, University of Patras, Rion 26500, Greece
Eur J Radiol 49:212-23. 2004..The aim of our study was to compare CTA and digital subtraction angiography (DSA) findings with the surgical results mainly in patients with acute SAH and to evaluate the ..
- A multicenter, site-independent, blinded study to compare the diagnostic accuracy of contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance angiography using 1.0M gadobutrol (Gadovist) to intraarterial digital subtraction angiography in body arteriesFritz K W Schaefer
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein Campus Kiel, Arnold Heller Strasse 9, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Eur J Radiol 61:315-23. 2007..Prospective evaluation of diagnostic accuracy of single field-of-view contrast-enhanced MR Angiography (ceMRA) with 1.0M gadobutrol compared to intraarterial DSA in body arteries...
- Multidetector CT angiography of the aortoiliac system and lower extremities: a prospective comparison with digital subtraction angiographyMichael L Martin
Department of Radiology, University of British Columbia, UBC Hospital Site, 2211 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, B C, V6T 2B5, Canada
AJR Am J Roentgenol 180:1085-91. 2003..was to determine whether multidetector CT (MDCT) angiography is an accurate and reliable method of revealing atheroocclusive disease of the aortoiliac system and the lower extremities compared with digital subtraction angiography (DSA).
- Aortoiliac and lower extremity arteries assessed with 16-detector row CT angiography: prospective comparison with digital subtraction angiographyJurgen K Willmann
Institute of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital Zurich, Ramistrasse 100, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Radiology 236:1083-93. 2005..compare the accuracy of 16-detector row computed tomographic (CT) angiography with conventional digital subtraction angiography (DSA) as the reference standard in the assessment of aortoiliac and lower extremity arteries in ..
- Third-nerve palsy heralding dissecting aneurysm of posterior cerebral artery: digital subtraction angiography and magnetic resonance appearanceM Nistri
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 78:197-8. 2007
- In vitro evaluation of 2D-digital subtraction angiography versus 3D-time-of-flight in assessment of intracranial cerebral aneurysm filling after endovascular therapyV Costalat
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology, Gui de Chauliac Hospital, University of Montpellier, Montpellier, France
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:177-84. 2006..For each imaging system, we studied intra- and interobserver reproducibility and the agreement between interpretations and reference measurements. We also examined how each imaging technique affected the operator's therapeutic decision...
- Synchrotron-based intra-venous K-edge digital subtraction angiography in a pig model: a feasibility studyElisabeth Schultke
Department of Surgery, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Eur J Radiol 73:677-81. 2010K-edge digital subtraction angiography (KEDSA) combined with the tunability of synchrotron beam yields an imaging technique that is highly sensitive to low concentrations of contrast agents...
- Preoperative evaluation of carotid artery stenosis: comparison of contrast-enhanced MR angiography and duplex sonography with digital subtraction angiographyIngitha Borisch
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, 93042 Regensburg, Germany
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 24:1117-22. 2003..require frequent reassessment of accuracy, reliability, and diagnostic value compared with those of digital subtraction angiography (DSA)...
- Progression of unilateral moyamoya disease: A clinical seriesMichael E Kelly
Department of Neurosurgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5327, USA
Cerebrovasc Dis 22:109-15. 2006..The natural history of unilateral moyamoya disease (MMD) in adult patients is not clearly described in the literature. We present a series of 18 patients with unilateral MMD and analyze the risk factors for progression to bilateral disease...
- Comparison of computed tomographic angiography with digital subtraction angiography in the diagnosis of cerebral aneurysms: a meta-analysisE Thomas Chappell
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, Irvine, Medical Center, Orange, California 92868 3298, USA
Neurosurgery 52:624-31; discussion 630-1. 2003To compare a novel diagnostic radiological technique, computed tomographic angiography (CTA), with the standard method, namely digital subtraction angiography (DSA), in the diagnosis of cerebral aneurysms.
- Time-of-flight MR angiography targeted to coiled intracranial aneurysms is more sensitive to residual flow than is digital subtraction angiographyNaoaki Yamada
Department of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, National Cardiovascular Center, Osaka, Japan
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 25:1154-7. 2004..The purpose of this study was to establish a noninvasive technique to visualize residual flow in coiled aneurysms...
- Detection of intracranial aneurysms with 64 channel multidetector row computed tomography: comparison with digital subtraction angiographyFabio Pozzi-Mucelli
Struttura Complessa di Radiologia, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria, Ospedali Riuniti di Trieste, Strada di Fiume 447, 34100 Trieste, Italy
Eur J Radiol 64:15-26. 2007To compare the contribution of 64 channel multidetector row computed tomography angiography (64MDCT-angiography) with digital subtraction angiography (DSA) in the detection of intracranial aneurysms.
- Comparison of computed tomography angiography with digital subtraction angiography in the assessment of clipped intracranial aneurysmsAditya Bharatha
Division of Neuroradiology, Department of Medical Imaging, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
J Comput Assist Tomogr 34:440-5. 2010To examine whether computed tomography angiography (CTA) is comparable to digital subtraction angiography (DSA) in assessing clipped intracranial aneurysms.
- Prospective evaluation of carotid artery stenosis: elliptic centric contrast-enhanced MR angiography and spiral CT angiography compared with digital subtraction angiographyJuan Alvarez-Linera
Department of Neuroradiology, Ruber International Hospital, Madrid, Spain
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 24:1012-9. 2003Although digital subtraction angiography (DSA) is the reference standard for assessing carotid arteries, it is uncomfortable for patients and has a small risk of disabling stroke and death...
- Negative CT angiography findings in patients with spontaneous subarachnoid hemorrhage: When is digital subtraction angiography still needed?R Agid
Department of Medical Imaging, Toronto Western Hospital, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 31:696-705. 2010..However, in about 20% of SAH patients no aneurysm is found. In these cases, intra-arterial DSA is still performed. Our aim was to evaluate whether negative findings on CTA can reliably exclude aneurysms in patients with acute SAH...
- Postoperative three-dimensional CT angiography after cerebral aneurysm clipping with titanium clips: detection with single detector CT. Comparison with intra-arterial digital subtraction angiographyI Sakuma
Division of Radiology, Department of Integrated Medicine, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita 010 8543, Japan
Clin Radiol 61:505-12. 2006..To assess the significance of three-dimensional computed tomography angiography (3D-CTA) in detecting remnant necks after cerebral aneurysm clipping...
- MR angiography at 3T versus digital subtraction angiography in the follow-up of intracranial aneurysms treated with detachable coilsCharles B L M Majoie
Department of Radiology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 26:1349-56. 2005b>Digital subtraction angiography (DSA) is used to follow-up intracranial aneurysms treated with detachable coils to identify recurrence and determine need for additional treatment...
- Classification and digital subtraction angiography evaluation of carotid cavernous fistulasZ Zhang
Department of Radiology, 2nd Affiliated Hospital, Hunan Medical University, Changsha 410011, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 112:735-8. 1999To investigate the role of digital subtraction angiography (DSA) in evaluation of carotid cavernous fistulas, and to initiate a new classification for carotid cavernous fistula.
- 3D digital subtraction angiography of intracranial aneurysms: comparison of flat panel detector with conventional image intensifier TV system using a vascular phantomS Kakeda
Department of Radiology, University of Occupational and Environmental Health School of Medicine, Kitakyushu, Japan
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 28:839-43. 2007..The purpose of this study was to compare the image quality of 3D digital subtraction angiography (DSA) in the FPD and conventional I.I.-TV systems using a vascular phantom.
- Internal mammary arteries supplying hepatocellular carcinoma: vascular anatomy at digital subtraction angiography in 97 patientsHyo Cheol Kim
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Korea
Radiology 242:925-32. 2007..To retrospectively evaluate the vascular anatomy of the internal mammary arteries that supply hepatocellular carcinomas (HCCs), with an emphasis on number of tumor feeders...
- Digital subtraction angiography-guided percutaneous transcatheter foam sclerotherapy of varicocele: a novel tracking techniqueLong Li
Department of Interventional Radiology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510515, China
AJR Am J Roentgenol 193:978-80. 2009..foam sclerotherapy was performed by the new tracking technique, the filling-defects technique, under digital subtraction angiography (DSA) guidance using a step-by-step process consisting of spermatic phlebography, injection of ..
- Comparison of gadodiamide-enhanced MR angiography to intraarterial digital subtraction angiography for evaluation of renal artery stenosis: results of a phase III multicenter trialVesna D Garovic
Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 31:390-7. 2010..administration for contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) in detecting hemodynamically relevant renal artery stenosis (RAS) when compared with intraarterial digital subtraction angiography (IA-DSA) as the gold standard.
- Detection and evaluation of intracranial aneurysms with 16-row multislice CT angiographyG Tipper
University Department of Radiology, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Clin Radiol 60:565-72. 2005The aim of this study was to assess the usefulness of 16-row multislice CT angiography (CTA) in evaluating intracranial aneurysms, by comparison with conventional digital subtraction angiography (DSA) and intraoperative findings.
- Results of a prospective protocol of computed tomographic angiography in place of catheter angiography as the only diagnostic and pretreatment planning study for cerebral aneurysms by a combined neurovascular teamBrian L Hoh
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, 02114, USA
Neurosurgery 54:1329-40; discussion 1340-2. 2004At many centers, patients undergo both computed tomographic angiography (CTA) and digital subtraction angiography (DSA)...
- A 3D space-time motion evaluation for image registration in digital subtraction angiographyN Taleb
Laboratoire Signaux et Systèmes, Département d électronique, Faculte des Sciences de l Ingenieur, Université de Sidi Bel Abbés, 22000, Sidi Bel Abbes, Algeria
Comput Med Imaging Graph 25:223-33. 2001In modern clinical practice, Digital Subtraction Angiography (DSA) is a powerful technique for the visualization of blood vessels in a sequence of X-ray images...
- Evaluation of renovascular hypertension: comparison of functional MRI and contrast-enhanced MRA with a routinely performed renal scintigraphy and DSAThomas Hackländer
Department of Radiology, HELIOS Klinikum Wuppertal, 42283 Wuppertal, Germany
J Comput Assist Tomogr 28:823-31. 2004..adequate results with regard to MAG3 captopril scintigraphy and if contrast-enhanced MR angiography (MRA) is able to provide adequate results in the stenosis grading compared with the nonselective digital subtraction angiography (DSA).
- Accuracy of computed tomographic angiography and magnetic resonance angiography for diagnosing renal artery stenosisG Boudewijn C Vasbinder
Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht CARIM, Department of Radiology, Maastricht University Hospital, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Ann Intern Med 141:674-82; discussion 682. 2004..Timely, accurate detection of renal artery stenosis is important because this disorder may be a potentially curable cause of hypertension and renal impairment...
- Renal artery stenosis evaluated with 3D-Gd-magnetic resonance angiography using transstenotic pressure gradient as the standard of reference. A multireader studyH Eklöf
Department of Radiology, Akademiska sjukhuset, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Radiol 46:802-9. 2005..To evaluate 3D-Gd-magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) in detecting hemodynamically significant renal artery stenosis (RAS)...
- 3D cerebral angiography: radiation dose comparison with digital subtraction angiographyBeth A Schueler
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 26:1898-901. 2005..The purpose of the study is to measure 3D RA radiation dose as compared with biplanar digital subtraction angiography (DSA).
- Bone-subtraction CT angiography for the evaluation of intracranial aneurysmsB F Tomandl
Division of Neuroradiology, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:55-9. 2006..The analysis of aneurysms at the level of the skull base, however, remains difficult because bone prevents a free view. We report initial clinical results of an approach for automatic bone elimination from CTA data...
- Multidetector-row CT angiography of cerebral vasospasm after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: comparison of volume-rendered images and digital subtraction angiographyD Y Yoon
Department of Radiology, Kangdong Seong Sim Hospital, Hallym University College of Medicine, Gil dong Kangdong Gu, Seoul, Korea
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:370-7. 2006..The purpose of this study was to evaluate cerebral vasospasm at multidetector-row spiral CT angiography (MDCTA) compared with digital subtraction angiography (DSA) in patients with aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhages (SAHs).
- Multidetector row CT angiography of the lower limb arteries: a prospective comparison of volume-rendered techniques and intra-arterial digital subtraction angiographyA J Edwards
Department of Radiology, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, Devon, UK
Clin Radiol 60:85-95. 2005....
- CT angiographic analysis of carotid artery stenosis: comparison of manual assessment, semiautomatic vessel analysis, and digital subtraction angiographyH M Silvennoinen
Helsinki Medical Imaging Center, University of Helsinki, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Department of Radiology, Helsinki, Finland
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 28:97-103. 2007..analyzed with source/maximum intensity projection (MIP) images as well as semiautomated vessel analysis software with intra-arterial digital subtraction angiography (DSA) in detection and grading of carotid artery bifurcation stenosis.
- Sixteen-slice CT angiography in patients with suspected blunt carotid and vertebral artery injuriesGarth H Utter
Department of Surgery, Harborview Medical Center University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Am Coll Surg 203:838-48. 2006....
- Multidetector CT angiography versus digital subtraction angiography for aortoiliac length measurements prior to endovascular AAA repairNicolas Diehm
Institute of Diagnostic Radiology, Department of Radiology, Inselspital, University Hospital of Bern, Switzerland
J Endovasc Ther 11:527-34. 2004To assess observer variation between calibrated-catheter digital subtraction angiography (DSA) and software-enhanced multidetector computed tomography angiography (CTA) in measuring vessel length prior to endovascular aortic aneurysm ..
- Dual-energy CT head bone and hard plaque removal for quantification of calcified carotid stenosis: utility and comparison with digital subtraction angiographyKensuke Uotani
Department of Radiology, National Cardiovascular Center, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Eur Radiol 19:2060-5. 2009..head bone and hard plaque removal (DE hard plaque removal) and compared the results to those of digital subtraction angiography (DSA)...
- Multislice computerized tomography angiography in the evaluation of intracranial aneurysms: a comparison with intraarterial digital subtraction angiographyMax Wintermark
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital CHUV, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Neurosurg 98:828-36. 2003....
- Renal artery stenosis: comparative evaluation of gadolinium-enhanced MRA and DSAF Stacul
U C O di Radiologia, Universita degli Studi, Ospedale di Cattinara, Strada di Fiume 447, 34149 Trieste, Italy
Radiol Med 113:529-46. 2008This study was undertaken to evaluate the accuracy of contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance angiography (CE-MRA) in detecting renal artery stenosis using intra-arterial digital subtraction angiography (DSA) as the gold standard.
- Intracranial aneurysms: CT angiography and MR angiography for detection prospective blinded comparison in a large patient cohortP M White
University Department of Neurosurgery and Department of Neuroradiology, Institute of Neurological Sciences, Southern General Hospital, Glasgow, Scotland
Radiology 219:739-49. 2001To compare computed tomographic (CT) angiography and magnetic resonance (MR) angiography with intraarterial digital subtraction angiography (DSA) in the detection of intracranial aneurysms.
- MDCT compared with digital subtraction angiography for assessment of lower extremity arterial occlusive disease: importance of reviewing cross-sectional imagesHideki Ota
Department of Radiology, Ishinomaki Red Cross Hospital, 1 7 10 Yoshino, Ishinomaki, Miyagi 986 8522, Japan
AJR Am J Roentgenol 182:201-9. 2004..The aim of our study was to evaluate the efficacy of MDCT angiography in the assessment of lower limb peripheral arterial occlusive disease...
- Contrast-enhanced 3D MR angiography of the carotid artery: comparison with conventional digital subtraction angiographyLuca Remonda
Department of Neuroradiology, Inselspital, University of Bern, Freiburgstrasse 10, CH 3020 Bern, Switzerland
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 23:213-9. 2002..The aim of this study was to compare the accuracy of contrast-enhanced 3D MR angiography with that of digital subtraction angiography (DSA) in the evaluation of carotid artery stenosis.
- Surgical Indirect Revascularization For Symptomatic Intracranial Aterial StenosisNestor Gonzalez; Fiscal Year: 2013..This detailed knowledge on the timing of collateral development on digital subtraction angiography and of improved blood flow on perfusion MRI will provide useful physiologic information to monitor ..
- Functional MRI Monitoring of Hepatic ChemoembolizationANDREW CHRISTIAN LARSON; Fiscal Year: 2011..These quantitative, absolute changes in perfusion will be correlated with clinical outcomes, x-ray digital subtraction angiography (DSA) endpoints, and tumor angiogenic markers on tissue specimens...
- ARFI ultrasound for noninvasive, Diagnostic atherosclerosis imagingCaterina M Gallippi; Fiscal Year: 2013..variety of imaging methods are routinely employed to diagnosis peripheral atherosclerosis, including digital subtraction angiography as well as noninvasive alternatives such as magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) and duplex ..
- Evaluation of Vascular Malformation Hemodynamics Using ASL Perfusion MRIRonald L Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2010..Even digital subtraction angiography (DSA, the gold standard) is not capable of providing accurate quantitative assessment of blood flow ..
- Non-contrast 4-D Dynamic MRA in Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM)DANNY JIONG JIONG WANG; Fiscal Year: 2013..As the gold standard for the detection and evaluation of vascular malformations, conventional digital subtraction angiography (DSA) is an invasive procedure bearing risks of neurological complications, as well as risks of ..
- Arterial Spin Labeled Perfusion MRI in Acute Ischemic StrokeDANNY JIONG JIONG WANG; Fiscal Year: 2013..pCASL in determining the state of collateral perfusion in AIS by comparison with the gold standard of digital subtraction angiography. In Aim 3, we will evaluate the clinical utility of serial ASL perfusion imaging by correlating with ..
- Realtime 3D MRI Technologies for Therapy and DiagnosisWalter F Block; Fiscal Year: 2010..Current guidance for TACE from X-ray Digital Subtraction Angiography( DSA) provides thick 2D projection images with little information on tumor location while increasing ..
- QUANTITATIVE CORONARY ANGIOGRAPHY BY DUAL ENERGY DSASabee Molloi; Fiscal Year: 1993..The application of quantitative digital subtraction angiography (DSA) in the assessment of coronary artery lesion dimension has been limited by cardiac and ..
- QUANTITATIVE VENTRICULOGRAPHY USING DUAL-ENERGY DSAMICHAEL VAN LYSEL; Fiscal Year: 1992Previous applications of digital subtraction angiography (DSA) to the assessment of ventricular function, particularly during exercise, have been limited by cardiac, respiratory, and gross patient motion...
- HIGH-SPEED DUAL ENERGY DIGITAL SUBTRACTION ANGIOGRAPHYJonathan Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2000..Once demonstrated, SRL will seek a strategic partnership with a supplier of angiography equipment. ..
- HIGH-SPEED DUAL ENERGY DIGITAL SUBTRACTION ANGIOGRAPHYALLEN FLUSBERG; Fiscal Year: 2005..Once this source is developed it will be optimized and used to demonstrate and perfect DEDSA imaging using iodine and gadolinium contrast agents. ..
- KUMAKHOV OPTICS FOR CLINICAL DUAL-ENERGY ANGIOGRAPHYQI FAN XIAO; Fiscal Year: 1993..If dual-energy digital subtraction angiography could be performed in clinical practice using intravenous iodine injections, patient risk could be ..
- THREE DIMENSIONAL TOMOGRAPHIC ANGIOGRAPHYRuola Ning; Fiscal Year: 2000..Most therapeutic decisions are currently based on information obtained through digital subtraction angiography. Standard angiographic images are not providing angiographers with sufficient information needed to ..
- NONINVASIVE EVALUATION OF CORONARY BYPASS GRAFT PATENCYJOSEPH MC INERNEY; Fiscal Year: 1990..noninvasive methods for evaluating graft patency have included thallium scans, doppler- echo, IV digital subtraction angiography, and computed tomography (CT)...
- THREE-DIMENSIONAL TOMOGRAPHIC ANGIOGRAPHYRuola Ning; Fiscal Year: 2007..Most therapeutic decisions are currently based on information obtained through digital subtraction angiography. Standard angiographic images are not providing sufficient information needed to make therapeutic ..
- X-ray imaging using edge-on-microchannel plate detectorsSabee Molloi; Fiscal Year: 2006..It can potentially provide a high-resolution detector with significant reduction in patient dose for digital mammography. ..
- Quantification of coronary calcium mass by dual energy fluoroscopySabee Molloi; Fiscal Year: 2009..Dual-energy imaging, because of its motion insensitivity, can serve as a foundation for quantitative cardiac analysis to proceed. ..
- Measuring the Efficacy of Endovascular Treatment of AAAPeter Faries; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Fractional flow reserve measurement based on coronary angiographic imagesSABEE Y MOLLOI; Fiscal Year: 2010..This quantification technique could be used to measure fractional flow reserve in patients undergoing standard coronary arteriography. ..
- Quantification of Regional coronary Blood FlowSabee Molloi; Fiscal Year: 2003..This quantification technique could be used to measure regional myocardial perfusion in patients undergoing standard coronary arteriography. ..
- Ischemic Stroke Treatment with Microbubbles, a Novel Clot Lysis TherapeuticWilliam C Culp; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our proposed pilot study will determine which of these treatments is most successful, and future studies will further explore that treatment. (End of Abstract) ..
- Tumor perfusion in small animals with tomographic digital subtraction angiographyCristian Badea; Fiscal Year: 2008..We propose the use of Tomographic Digital Subtraction Angiography (TDSA) for estimation of tumor perfusion in small animals...
- BREATH HOLD 3D MRA OF THE CORONARY ARTERIESRobert Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002..The goal is to optimize the MRA method and to determine if the use of contrast agents provides any clinical benefit. ..
- Development of Navigator Coronary MRIYi Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- THE VALIDITY OF CE-MRA: A NUMERICAL AND PHANTOM STUDYLiang Der Jou; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is anticipated that this project will provide improved tools for the understanding of Contrast-Enhanced MRA and will lead to more accurate and reliable methods for assessing vascular disease in vivo. ..
- 3D Massive Training ANN for CAD for Colon Cancer in CT ColonographyKenji Suzuki; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- 3D-CE-MRA with High-Resoluton Extended AcquisitionCharles Mistretta; Fiscal Year: 2004..Intra-operative X-ray angiography will be used for validation of the patient MRA studies The proposed techniques have similar potential in other areas of MRA. ..
- VOLUMETRIC ANALYSIS OF THE AORTA AND ITS BRANCHESGeoffrey Rubin; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MICRORADIOGRAPHIC IMAGER FOR NEUROVASCULAR INTERVENTIONStephen Rudin; Fiscal Year: 2001..Use for both single-plane and bi-plane micro- angiography and for providing data for 3D rendered vascular models will be investigated. ..
- 3D CEREBRAL VESSEL LOCATION FOR SURGICAL PLANNINGElizabeth Bullitt; Fiscal Year: 2001..We propose a number of studies to evaluate the accuracy and utility of our approach, and we also propose new visualization methods to indicate the uncertainty of our symbolic descriptions of image objects. ..
- MRI-Guided Angioplasty of Renal Artery StenosisReed Omary; Fiscal Year: 2005..MRI guidance will also avoid the ionizing radiation exposure of x-rays and the potential kidney toxicity of iodinated contrast agents. ..
- Noninvasive assessment of tumor malignancyElizabeth Bullitt; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Image Guided Surgery using Rapid Prototyping ModelsFrank Bova; Fiscal Year: 2005..This proposal addresses the extension of this new technology, with the goal optimizing a system for pediatric neurosurgery. ..
- 3D Image Guided Endovascular SurgeryElizabeth Bullitt; Fiscal Year: 2006..Indeed, the methods to be developed under this proposal have the potential to change how endovascular procedures are performed throughout the body. ..
- Radiographic guidance of new cerebral aneurysm stentStephen Rudin; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- THE VALIDITY OF CE-MRA: A NUMERICAL AND PHANTOM STUDYLiang Der Jou; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is anticipated that this project will provide improved tools for the understanding of Contrast-Enhanced MRA and will lead to more accurate and reliable methods for assessing vascular disease in vivo. ..
- MR DIGITAL SUBTRACTION ANGIOGRAPHY OF LOWER EXTREMITYYi Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..The accuracy of this improved peripheral MRA will be evaluated in a group of patients with peripheral vascular disease, using intraoperative x-ray angiography as the gold standard. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Improving Radiologist Detection of Lung Nodules with CADGeoffrey Rubin; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Advanced NeuroImaging for Acute Stroke TreatmentMax Wintermark; Fiscal Year: 2007..Invited junior scientists, for whom funding is requested, were selected based on merit. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 3D CEREBRAL VESSEL LOCATION FOR SURGICAL PLANNINGElizabeth Bullitt; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HighlY constrained backPRojection (HYPR) for Ultrafast Undersampled MRICharles Mistretta; Fiscal Year: 2008..This proposal focuses on the evaluation of cerebral AVMs using PR HYPR TRICKS and HYPR VIPR and the measurement of pressure gradients across stenotic carotid arteries. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ultrafast Z-Scan X-ray Volume CTCharles Mistretta; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will focus on the latter two applications and, based on the proposed studies, will develop a design for an optimized scanner based on the Z-Scan principle. ..
- Smash Contrast-Enhanced 3D MR AngiographyRobert Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Smash Contrast-Enhanced 3D MR AngiographyRobert Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002....