Genomes and Genes
Summary: Method of making images on a sensitized surface by exposure to light or other radiant energy.
Publications381 found, 100 shown here
- Clinical photography: a guide for the clinicianJ R Nayler
Department of Medical Illustration, Institute of Child Health and Great Ormond Street, Hospital for Children NHS Trust, Londona, UK
J Postgrad Med 49:256-62. 2003..Digital images for publication should be sized appropriately for the final reproduction size...
- Photovoice: concept, methodology, and use for participatory needs assessmentC Wang
Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor 48109 2029, USA
Health Educ Behav 24:369-87. 1997..They discuss the development of the photovoice concept, advantages and disadvantages, key elements, participatory analysis, materials and resources, and implications for practice...
- Panretinal, high-resolution color photography of the mouse fundusMichel Paques
Department of Ophthalmology, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:2769-74. 2007..To analyze high-resolution color photographs of the mouse fundus...
- Clinical methods for quantifying body segment posture: a literature reviewCarole Fortin
CHU Sainte Justine Université de Montréal, Centre de Recherche, 3175 Cote Sainte Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, H3T 1C5 Canada
Disabil Rehabil 33:367-83. 2011..The purpose of this article was to determine which methods were used to assess posture quantitatively in a clinical setting and to identify psychometric properties of posture indices measured from these methods or tools...
- Terminal ileal photography or biopsy to verify total colonoscopy: does the endoscope agree with the microscope?Nick Powell
Department of Gastroenterology, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woolwich, London, UK
Gastrointest Endosc 66:320-5. 2007..A safer, less costly alternative for documenting total colonoscopy is desirable...
- Visual epidemiology: photographs as tools for probing street-level etiologiesCarolyn C Cannuscio
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Pennsylvania, PA, United States
Soc Sci Med 69:553-64. 2009....
- Photovoice: a review of the literature in health and public healthCaricia Catalani
School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 7360, USA
Health Educ Behav 37:424-51. 2010..Particularly among highly participatory projects, photovoice appears to contribute to an enhanced understanding of community assets and needs and to empowerment...
- Perceptions of children's body sizes among mothers living on the Texas-Mexico border (La Frontera)Elizabeth Reifsnider
University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 1029, USA
Public Health Nurs 23:488-95. 2006..Photographs of children from the Berkeley Longitudinal Growth Study (on Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [CDC] Web site) were used to stimulate discussion with mothers about child sizes...
- Anterior segment biometry with the Pentacam: comprehensive assessment of repeatability of automated measurementsHema Shankar
Department of Ophthalmology, Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, South Australia, Australia
J Cataract Refract Surg 34:103-13. 2008..To comprehensively assess the reliability of automated Pentacam (Oculus, Inc.) measurements...
- Relationship between the severity of retinopathy and progression to photocoagulation in patients with Type 2 diabetes mellitus in the UKPDS (UKPDS 52)E M Kohner
Department of Medicine, St. Thomas' Hospital, London, UK
Diabet Med 18:178-84. 2001..CONCLUSION: Few type 2 diabetic patients without retinopathy progress to photocoagulation in the following 3-6 years, while patients with more severe retinopathy lesions need to be monitored closely...
- Reliability of upright posture measurements in primary school childrenMaureen P McEvoy
School of Health Sciences, University of South Australia, North Tce, Adelaide, 5000, Australia
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 6:35. 2005..Little is known about the usual variability of children's upright standing posture. The aim of this study was to assess differences between repeated measures of upright posture in a group of primary school children...
- Family, maternal, and child health through photovoiceCaroline C Wang
Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 2029, USA
Matern Child Health J 8:95-102. 2004....
- Hand osteoarthritis in older women is associated with carotid and coronary atherosclerosis: the AGES Reykjavik studyH Jonsson
Landspitalinn University Hospital, Department of Rheumatology, Iceland
Ann Rheum Dis 68:1696-700. 2009..To test this hypothesis, the presence and severity of hand osteoarthritis (HOA) was compared with markers of atherosclerotic vascular disease in an elderly population...
- Clinical applications of three-dimensional photography in breast surgeryGreg M Galdino
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 110:58-70. 2002..However, we believe three-dimensional imaging has great clinical potential in surgical mammaplasty...
- Incidence of sight-threatening retinopathy in Type 1 diabetes in a systematic screening programmeN Younis
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Liverpool, UK
Diabet Med 20:758-65. 2003....
- Repeatability and reproducibility of central corneal thickness measurement with Pentacam, Orbscan, and ultrasoundBirgit Lackner
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Optom Vis Sci 82:892-9. 2005....
- Pachymetric measurements with a new Scheimpflug photography-based system: intraobserver repeatability and agreement with optical coherence tomography pachymetryMyriam Milla
Vissum Corporation Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, Universidad de Alicante, Alicante, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 37:310-6. 2011To evaluate the intraobserver repeatability of pachymetric measurements obtained with a new Scheimpflug photography-based system and the agreement of the measurements with those obtained by optical coherence tomography (OCT).
- Sun protection intervention for highway workers: long-term efficacy of UV photography and skin cancer information on men's protective cognitions and behaviorMichelle L Stock
Department of Psychology, The George Washington University, Washington, DC 20052, USA
Ann Behav Med 38:225-36. 2009..The risk for skin cancer is increased among older males and outdoor workers who have high levels of ultraviolet (UV) exposure...
- Intrasession and intersession repeatability of the Pentacam system on posterior corneal assessment in the normal human eyeDavie Chen
School of Optometry, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, China
J Cataract Refract Surg 33:448-54. 2007..To study the intrasession and intersession repeatability of the Pentacam system (Oculus Inc.) in measuring the posterior corneal shape...
- Comparison of anterior segment measurements with rotating Scheimpflug photography and partial coherence reflectometryJinhai Huang
Key Laboratory of Vision Science, School of Optometry and Ophthalmology and Eye Hospital, Wenzhou Medical College, Ministry of Health PR China
J Cataract Refract Surg 37:341-8. 2011To compare central corneal thickness (CCT), anterior chamber depth (ACD), and keratometry (K) readings measured using optical low-coherence reflectometry (OLCR) biometry and high-resolution rotating Scheimpflug photography.
- Evaluation of anterior segment parameters in keratoconic eyes measured with the Pentacam systemSinan Emre
Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, Inonu University, Malatya, Turkey
J Cataract Refract Surg 33:1708-12. 2007..To evaluate the alteration in anterior chamber parameters with the progression of keratoconus using a rotating Scheimpflug camera...
- Detecting one-hundred-year environmental changes in Western China using seven-year repeat photographyHuai Chen
Laboratory for Ecological Forecasting and Global Change, College of Forestry, Northwest Agriculture and Forest University, Yanglin, China
PLoS ONE 6:e25008. 2011....
- SenseCam: a wearable camera that stimulates and rehabilitates autobiographical memorySteve Hodges
Microsoft Research Ltd, Cambridge, UK
Memory 19:685-96. 2011..In this paper we describe the history of SenseCam, and the design and operation of the SenseCam device and the associated viewing software, and we discuss some of the ongoing research questions being addressed with the help of SenseCam...
- Evaluating the feasibility of measuring travel to school using a wearable cameraPaul Kelly
British Heart Foundation Health Promotion Research Group, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
Am J Prev Med 43:546-50. 2012..The school journey is often studied in relation to health outcomes in children and adolescents. Self-report is the most common measurement tool...
- An ethical framework for automated, wearable cameras in health behavior researchPaul Kelly
British Heart Foundation Health Promotion Research Group, Department of Public Health, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
Am J Prev Med 44:314-9. 2013....
- Using photography in 'The Restaurant of the Future'. A useful way to assess portion selection and plate cleaning?Elanor C Hinton
School of Experimental Psychology, University of Bristol, 12a Priory Road, Bristol BS8 1TU, UK
Appetite 63:31-5. 2013..These findings illustrate the potential benefits of meal photography in this context...
- Modeling misidentification errors in capture-recapture studies using photographic identification of evolving marksJun Yoshizaki
Biomathematics Graduate Program and Department of Zoology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina 27695 8203, USA
Ecology 90:3-9. 2009..2) or low misidentification rates (< 2.5%)...
- Nonmydriatic ultrawide field retinal imaging compared with dilated standard 7-field 35-mm photography and retinal specialist examination for evaluation of diabetic retinopathyPaolo S Silva
Beetham Eye Institute, Joslin Diabetes Center, and the Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 154:549-559.e2. 2012..Early Treatment Diabetic Retinopathy Study 7-standard field 35-mm color 30-degree fundus photographs (ETDRS photography) and clinical examination for determining diabetic retinopathy (DR) and diabetic macular edema (DME) severity.
- Promoting policy and environmental change using photovoice in the Kaiser Permanente Community Health InitiativeLeila Kramer
Center for Community Health and Evaluation and a community hospital in Santa Cruz, California, USA
Health Promot Pract 11:332-9. 2010..Photovoice is a community-based, participatory approach to documentary photography that provides people with training on photography, ethics, critical discussion, and policy advocacy...
- Utility of passive photography to objectively audit built environment features of active transport journeys: an observational studyMelody Oliver
Human Potential Centre, National Institute for Public Health and Mental Health Research, Auckland University of Technology, Auckland, New Zealand
Int J Health Geogr 12:20. 2013..The purpose of this study was to examine the utility of wearable cameras to objectively audit and quantify environmental features along work-related walking and cycling routes...
- Intraobserver and interobserver repeatability of curvature and aberrometric measurements of the posterior corneal surface in normal eyes using Scheimpflug photographyDavid P Pinero
Vissum Instituto de Oftalmológico de Alicante, Farmacologia y Anatomia, Universidad de Alicante, Alicante, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 35:113-20. 2009To assess the intraobserver and interobserver repeatability of curvature and aberrometric measurements of the posterior corneal surface provided by a Scheimpflug photography system in normal eyes.
- Photography of the anterior eye segment according to Scheimpflug's principle: options and limitations - a reviewAlfred Wegener
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 37:144-54. 2009Scheimpflug photography and densitometric image analysis are very precise techniques for light scattering measurement and biometry in the anterior segment of the eye...
- Automatically assisting human memory: a SenseCam browserAiden R Doherty
CLARITY Centre for Sensor Web Technologies, Dublin City University, Ireland
Memory 19:785-95. 2011..This minimises effort when browsing and searching. We provide anecdotes on use of such a system and emphasise the need for SenseCam images to be meaningfully sorted using such a browser...
- A new method to measure peripheral retinal vascular caliber over an extended areaCarol Yim Lui Cheung
Singapore Eye Research Institute, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Microcirculation 17:495-503. 2010..To describe a new computer-assisted method to measure retinal vascular caliber over an extended area of the fundus...
- Comparison of digital photography to weighed and visual estimation of portion sizesDonald A Williamson
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 103:1139-45. 2003The primary goal was to test the validity of digital photography for measuring food portion sizes compared with weighed foods and with direct visual estimation.
- Photovoice ethics: perspectives from Flint PhotovoiceC C Wang
Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 2029, USA
Health Educ Behav 28:560-72. 2001..The authors describe lessons learned from the large-scale Flint Photovoice involving youth, adults, and policy makers...
- Validity of the Remote Food Photography Method (RFPM) for estimating energy and nutrient intake in near real-timeCorby K Martin
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 20:891-9. 2012..that varied in intensity on the validity/accuracy of estimating energy intake (EI) with the Remote Food Photography Method (RFPM) over 6 days in free-living conditions...
- Validation of photographic food records in children: are pictures really worth a thousand words?J A Higgins
Center for Human Nutrition, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Eur J Clin Nutr 63:1025-33. 2009..We hypothesize that photographic food records to assess dietary intake will be as accurate as a standard food diary and will decrease participant/family burden...
- Accuracy in the estimation of food servings against the portions in food photographsM L Ovaskainen
Department of Health Promotion and Prevention of Chronic Diseases, Nutrition Unit, National Public Health Institute, Mannerheimintie 166, Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Clin Nutr 62:674-81. 2008..Perception of food photographs used as aids for assessing the actual amounts may have an effect. This study was carried out to assess the validity of food photographs...
- A novel method to remotely measure food intake of free-living individuals in real time: the remote food photography methodCorby K Martin
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, 6400 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
Br J Nutr 101:446-56. 2009The aim of the present study was to report the first reliability and validity tests of the remote food photography method (RFPM), which consists of camera-enabled cell phones with data transfer capability...
- Snap-shots of live theatre: the use of photography to research governance in operating room nursingRobin Riley
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, University of Melbourne, Carlton, Australia
Nurs Inq 10:81-90. 2003The use of photography is an underreported method of research in the nursing literature. This paper explores its use in an ethnographic research project, the fieldwork of which was undertaken by the first author...
- An evaluation of a colour food photography atlas as a tool for quantifying food portion size in epidemiological dietary surveysG Turconi
Department of Applied Health Sciences, Section of Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Pavia, Italy
Eur J Clin Nutr 59:923-31. 2005To test the validity of a colour food photography atlas for quantifying portion size eaten compared with weighed foods.
- Web-based grading of compressed stereoscopic digital photography versus standard slide film photography for the diagnosis of diabetic retinopathyChristopher J Rudnisky
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Ophthalmology 114:1748-54. 2007To evaluate the ability of Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG) compressed, stereoscopic, digital photography to identify clinical levels of diabetic retinopathy, detect clinically significant macular edema (CSME), and make ..
- Comparison of optic nerve head assessment with a digital stereoscopic camera (discam), scanning laser ophthalmoscopy, and stereophotographyAnthony J Correnti
New England Eye Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Ophthalmology 110:1499-505. 2003..Hereford, UK), confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscopy (CSLO), and stereoscopic disc photography with respect to optic nerve head (ONH) measurements and glaucoma status.
- Discrimination of glaucomatous optic neuropathy by digital stereoscopic analysisJ E Morgan
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Ophthalmology 112:855-62. 2005..To evaluate the diagnostic power of a novel digital stereoscopic imaging system in the diagnosis of glaucomatous optic neuropathy...
- Automated detection and differentiation of drusen, exudates, and cotton-wool spots in digital color fundus photographs for diabetic retinopathy diagnosisMeindert Niemeijer
Image Sciences Institute, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:2260-7. 2007..To describe and evaluate a machine learning-based, automated system to detect exudates and cotton-wool spots in digital color fundus photographs and differentiate them from drusen, for early diagnosis of diabetic retinopathy...
- Can we use digital life-log images to investigate active and sedentary travel behaviour? Results from a pilot studyPaul Kelly
British Heart Foundation Health Promotion Research Group, University of Oxford, UK
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 8:44. 2011..The purpose of this pilot study is to investigate the potential efficacy of a new electronic measurement device, a wearable digital camera called SenseCam, in travel research...
- Watching my mind unfold versus yours: an fMRI study using a novel camera technology to examine neural differences in self-projection of self versus other perspectivesPeggy L St Jacques
Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708, USA
J Cogn Neurosci 23:1275-84. 2011..In sum, these results suggest that ventral-dorsal subregions of the anterior midline are functionally dissociable and may differentially contribute to self-projection of self versus other...
- A comparative evaluation of digital imaging, retinal photography and optometrist examination in screening for diabetic retinopathyJ A Olson
Department of Ophthalmology, The Eye Clinic, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Grampian University Hospitals NHS Trust, Aberdeen, UK
Diabet Med 20:528-34. 2003To compare the respective performances of digital retinal imaging, fundus photography and slit-lamp biomicroscopy performed by trained optometrists, in screening for diabetic retinopathy...
- Radius and asphericity of the posterior corneal surface determined by corrected Scheimpflug photographyMichiel Dubbelman
Department of Clinical Physics and Informatics, VU Medical Centre, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 80:379-83. 2002To obtain the shape of the posterior corneal surface in a healthy population, using Scheimpflug photography corrected for distortion due to the geometry of the Scheimpflug imaging system and the refraction of the anterior corneal surface.
- Assessing tiger population dynamics using photographic capture-recapture samplingK Ullas Karanth
Wildlife Conservation Society India Program, Centre for Wildlife Studies, 26 2, Aga Abbas Ali Road Apt 403, Bangalore, Karnataka 560 042, India
Ecology 87:2925-37. 2006....
- Sensitivity and specificity of posterior corneal elevation measured by Pentacam in discriminating keratoconus/subclinical keratoconusUgo de Sanctis
Department of Clinical Physiopathology, Ophthalmology Institute, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Ophthalmology 115:1534-9. 2008..To estimate the sensitivity and specificity of posterior elevation in discriminating keratoconus and subclinical keratoconus from normal corneas...
- Anterior chamber depth measurements in phakic and pseudophakic eyes: Pentacam versus ultrasound deviceGabor Nemeth
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical and Health Science Center, University of Debrecen, Debrecen, Hungary
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:1331-5. 2006..To compare anterior chamber depth (ACD) measurements with a new optical device with those taken with a standard ultrasound (US) device in emmetropic phakic and pseudophakic eyes...
- Effective and accurate screening for diabetic retinopathy using a 60 degree mydriatic fundus cameraT R Carmichael
Division of Ophthalmology, Department of Neurosciences, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
S Afr Med J 95:57-61. 2005..the combined highest scores of two experienced ophthalmologists...
- Anterior chamber measurements using Pentacam rotating Scheimpflug cameraTanja M Rabsilber
Heidelberg IOL and Refractive Surgery Research Group, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:456-9. 2006..To investigate the mean values and standard deviations according to age, reliability, and correlation between different parameters of anterior chamber measurements using the Pentacam rotating Scheimpflug camera...
- Linearisation of RGB camera responses for quantitative image analysis of visible and UV photography: a comparison of two techniquesJair E Garcia
School of Applied Sciences, RMIT University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia School of Media and Communication, RMIT University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
PLoS ONE 8:e79534. 2013..Here we demonstrate the use of both methods for retrieving information about scene irradiance, describing and quantifying the uncertainty involved in the estimation of linear camera responses. ..
- Early glaucoma detection using the Humphrey Matrix Perimeter, GDx VCC, Stratus OCT, and retinal nerve fiber layer photographySamin Hong
Institute of Vision Research, Department of Ophthalmology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Ophthalmology 114:210-5. 2007To compare the effectiveness of Humphrey Matrix perimetry, GDx VCC, Stratus OCT, and retinal nerve fiber layer (RNFL) photography using the Heidelberg Retina Angiograph 1 (HRA1) for early glaucoma detection.
- [Medical and dental digital photography. Choosing a cheap and user-friendly camera]C Chossegros
Service de Stomatologie, chirurgie maxillofaciale, CHU Timone, Boulevard Jean Moulin, 13385 Marseille Cedex 5, France
Rev Stomatol Chir Maxillofac 111:79-83. 2010Digital photography is more and more important in our everyday medical practice...
- 3D photography and lip filler: a novel assayPhilippa Lowe
Cranley Clinic London and Clinical Research Specialists, Santa Monica, CA, USA
J Cosmet Laser Ther 9:237-40. 2007..Injectable fillers have been used for a considerable number of years in aesthetic dermatology, including the use of lip augmentation. There has been little attempt to scientifically measure the degree of filler augmentation...
- Crowdsourcing as a novel technique for retinal fundus photography classification: analysis of images in the EPIC Norfolk cohort on behalf of the UK Biobank Eye and Vision ConsortiumDanny Mitry
National Institute for Health Research Biomedical Research Centre at Moorfields Eye Hospital and University College London Institute of Ophthalmology, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e71154. 2013Crowdsourcing is the process of outsourcing numerous tasks to many untrained individuals. Our aim was to assess the performance and repeatability of crowdsourcing for the classification of retinal fundus photography.
- Converting to digital photography: a model for a large group or academic practiceG M Galdino
Johns Hopkins University and University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 106:119-24. 2000Digital photography has become an economical and efficient substitute for conventional photography...
- Sensitivity and specificity of digital retinal imaging for screening diabetic retinopathyJ Lopez-Bastida
Evaluation and Planning Unit, Canary Islands Health Service, Canary Islands, Spain
Diabet Med 24:403-7. 2007..To assess the effectiveness of a non-mydriatic digital camera (45 degrees -30 degrees photographs) compared with the reference method for screening diabetic retinopathy...
- Evaluation of corneal displacement using high-speed photography at the early and late phases of noncontact tonometryShunsuke Nakakura
Department of Ophthalmology, Saneikai Tsukazaki Hospital, Himeji City, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 54:2474-82. 2013..We investigated the extent of corneal displacement and factors associated with the measurement of IOP during the early and late phases of noncontact tonometry...
- Digital photographyJ S Windsor
Centre for Aviation, Space and Extreme Environment Medicine CASE, Flat 2 St James s School, George s Road, London N7 8HD, UK
Postgrad Med J 82:688-92. 2006..This work highlights the use of such technology, and provides information for those who wish to record, store and display their own medical images...
- Detection and monitoring of sickle cell retinopathy using ultra wide-field color photography and fluorescein angiographyMinhee Cho
Department of Ophthalmology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York 10021, USA
Retina 31:738-47. 2011In this study, we demonstrate the use of wide-field photography and fluorescein angiography to visualize the peripheral vascular changes and to identify patients with risk factors for developing proliferative sickle cell retinopathy.
- . Facial attractiveness: ranking of end-of-treatment facial photographs by pairs of Chinese and US orthodontistsTian Min Xu
Department of Orthodontics, Peking University School and Hospital of Stomatology, Beijing, China
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 134:74-84. 2008..In this study, we assessed agreement and disagreement among pairs of Chinese and US orthodontists in the ranking for "facial attractiveness" of end-of-treatment photographs of growing Chinese and white orthodontic patients...
- Guidelines for standard photography in gross and clinical anatomyCagatay Barut
Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine, Zonguldak Karaelmas University, Zonguldak, Turkey
Anat Sci Educ 4:348-56. 2011b>Photography has a widespread usage in medicine and anatomy. In this review, authors focused on the usage of photography in gross and clinical anatomy...
- Diabetic retinopathy screening using digital non-mydriatic fundus photography and automated image analysisAnja B Hansen
Department of Ophthalmology, Herlev Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 82:666-72. 2004..To investigate the use of automated image analysis for the detection of diabetic retinopathy (DR) in fundus photographs captured with and without pharmacological pupil dilation using a digital non-mydriatic camera...
- Remote real-time monitoring of free flaps via smartphone photography and 3G wireless Internet: a prospective study evidencing diagnostic accuracyHolger Engel
Department of Hand, Plastic, and Reconstructive Surgery, Burn Center, BG Trauma Center, Ludwigshafen, Department of Plastic and Hand Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Microsurgery 31:589-95. 2011..01 by the Mann-Whitney test). The remote smartphone photography assessment has a comparable accuracy rate and shorter response time compared with in-person examination for ..
- The facial red fluorescence of ultraviolet photography: is this color due to Propionibacterium acnes or the unknown content of secreted sebum?Sang Woong Youn
Department of Dermatology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Gyeonggi, Korea
Skin Res Technol 15:230-6. 2009..This study was performed to investigate the relationship between the areas of facial red fluorescence with culture results of P. acnes and the amount of sebum secretion...
- Retinal photography for diabetic retinopathy screening in Indigenous primary health care: the Inala experienceGeoffrey K P Spurling
Discipline of General Practice, University of Queensland and Inala Indigenous Health Service, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Herston, Queensland
Aust N Z J Public Health 34:S30-3. 2010We aimed to determine the impact of clinic based retinal photography on access to appropriate screening for diabetic retinopathy (DR).
- Digital photography in plastic surgery: how to achieve reasonable standardization outside a photographic studioPaolo Persichetti
Department of Plastic Surgery, Campus Bio Medico di Roma University, Rome 00155, Italy
Aesthetic Plast Surg 31:194-200. 2007....
- Clinical photographyJanelle Jakowenko
Nomad Media, Victoria, Brisbane, Australia
J Telemed Telecare 15:7-22. 2009..Taking satisfactory images of patients requires clinical photography skills. Photographing charts, monitors, X-ray films and specimens also requires expertise...
- The use of linear scales in the photography of skin lesionsGraeme M Ainslie
Victoria Hospital, Hayfield Road, Kirkcaldy KY2 5AH, UK
J Audiov Media Med 26:15-22. 2003In medical photography linear scales are widely used to monitor change in size. Although accuracy on the image is generally accepted as being perfectly adequate, there is a degree of uncertainty...
- The effectiveness of screening for diabetic retinopathy by digital imaging photography and technician ophthalmoscopyP H Scanlon
Gloucestershire Eye Unit, Cheltenham General Hospital, Cheltenham, Oxford Eye Hospital, Oxford, UK
Diabet Med 20:467-74. 2003....
- Photography and plastic surgery: part 1Marcia Spear
Department of Plastic Surgery at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Plast Surg Nurs 28:66-8; quiz 69-70. 2008Plastic surgery and photography are inseparable and with present-day technology, it is much easier and more affordable than ever before to incorporate high-quality and standardized images into clinical practice...
- Digital versus film stereo-photography for assessment of the optic nerve head in glaucoma and glaucoma suspect patientsMurat Hasanreisoglu
Department of Ophthalmology, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Hospital, Petach Tikva, Israel
J Glaucoma 22:238-42. 2013One of the leading methods for optic nerve head assessment in glaucoma remains stereoscopic photography. This study compared conventional film and digital stereoscopy in the quantitative and qualitative assessment of the optic nerve head ..
- Comparability of digital photography with the ETDRS film protocol for evaluation of diabetic retinopathy severityHelen K Li
School of Biomedical Informatics, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:4717-25. 2011To evaluate digital photography parameters affecting comparability with the Early Treatment Diabetic Retinopathy Study (ETDRS) film protocol for diabetic retinopathy (DR) severity grading.
- Photographic wound documentation of open fractures: an update for the digital generationB W Morgan
Macclesfield District General Hospital, Macclesfield, Cheshire, UK
Emerg Med J 24:841-2. 2007..To examine the availability of working cameras in UK emergency departments and to discuss the merits of digital imaging over Polaroid...
- Clearing and photography of whole mount X-gal stained mouse embryosOmri Schatz
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
Biotechniques 39:650, 652, 654 passim. 2005
- Estimate of leaf area index in an old-growth mixed broadleaved-Korean pine forest in northeastern ChinaZhili Liu
Center for Ecological Research, Northeast Forestry University, Harbin, China
PLoS ONE 7:e32155. 2012..The result of the present work implied that our method would be suitable for measuring LAI, for detecting the seasonality of LAI in a mixed forest, and for measuring LAI seasonality for each species...
- Photo-identification of individual weedy seadragons Phyllopteryx taeniolatus and its application in estimating population dynamicsK M Martin-Smith
School of Zoology, University of Tasmania, Private Bag 05, Hobart, Tasmania 7001, Australia
J Fish Biol 78:1757-68. 2011..This technique of photo-identification could provide a cheap and effective way to monitor populations of this iconic species across its range, particularly in conjunction with optimized pattern-recognition software...
- Agreement between spectral domain optical coherence tomography and retinal nerve fiber layer photography in chineseXi Shi Wu
Beijing Institute of Ophthalmology, Beijing Tongren Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
J Glaucoma 21:228-33. 2012To compare spectral domain optical coherence tomography (OCT) and fundus photography to identify localized retinal nerve fiber layer defects (RNFLD) in Chinese patients with early-to-medium advanced glaucoma.
- Assessment of calf volume in Congenital Talipes Equinovarus by computer analysed digital photographySimon L Barker
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Surgeon 10:84-9. 2012..The rapid evolution of digital photography and computerised analytical techniques has yielded an opportunity to explore their role in the assessment of ..
- Technical note: quantitative measures of iris color using high resolution photographsMelissa Edwards
Department of Anthropology, University of Toronto Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Am J Phys Anthropol 147:141-9. 2012..High-resolution pictures of the iris will also make it possible to study the genetic variation involved in iris textural patterns, which show substantial heritability in human populations...
- Comparison of the effectiveness of detecting diabetic eye disease: diabetic retinal photography versus ophthalmic consultationD S Y Chia
Department of Ophthalmology, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, 11 Jalan Tan Tock Seng, Singapore 308433
Singapore Med J 45:276-9. 2004This study determines the accuracy of reading a Polaroid retinal photograph in the diabetic retinal photography programme as compared to a clinical fundal examination in the diagnosis of diabetic retinopathy.
- Validation of personal digital photography to assess dietary quality among people with intellectual disabilitiesL S Elinder
Department of Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Intellect Disabil Res 56:221-6. 2012..This study aimed to evaluate personal digital photography as a method of assessing different aspects of dietary quality in this target group.
- Facades of suffering: clients' photo stories about mental illnessJan E Sitvast
GGNet, Network for Mental Healthcare in the Region Oost Gelderland, Warnsveld, The Netherlands
Arch Psychiatr Nurs 24:349-61. 2010In this article, photo stories are examined that were the result of working with photography as a therapeutic instrument dealing with suffering in mental health care settings...
- Photo stories, Ricoeur, and experiences from practice: a hermeneutic dialogueJ E Sitvast
GGNet, Network for Mental Healthcare in the Region Oost Gelderland, Warnsveld, The Netherlands
ANS Adv Nurs Sci 31:268-79. 2008..More specifically it concerned the use of photographs in a group with psychiatric patients...
- Feasibility of nonmydriatic ocular fundus photography in the emergency department: Phase I of the FOTO-ED studyBeau B Bruce
Department of Ophthalmology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Acad Emerg Med 18:928-33. 2011..The objective was to examine the feasibility of nonmydriatic fundus photography as a clinical alternative to direct ophthalmoscopy by emergency physicians (EPs).
- Ethical and legal aspects on the use of images and photographs in medical teaching and publicationA Mavroforou
Department of Medical Ethics and Deontology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Thessaly, Larissa, Greece
Int Angiol 29:376-9. 2010..Continuous scrutiny and reform is required in order to adapt to the changing social and scientific environment...
- Convergent validity of a digital image-based food record to assess food group intake in youthTimothy B Matthiessen
Department of Nutrition Services, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 111:756-61. 2011..001). These results show great potential for use of DIFR to assess 1 day's intake of food groups, but more research is needed to determine how well the method performs in capturing usual intake and changes in intake...
- Quantitative assessment of mouse skin transplant rejection using digital photographyF Schwoebel
ALTANA Pharma AG, Department RDR P4, Inflammation Pharmacology, Konstanz, Germany
Lab Anim 39:209-14. 2005..To overcome this problem, we established a monitoring method based on digital photography. Serial pictures from skin allografts of individual animals (C57BL/6 on BALB/c) were taken with a digital ..
- Analysis and documentation of progression of Fuchs corneal dystrophy with retroillumination photographyJohn D Gottsch
Center for Corneal Genetics, Cornea and External Disease Service, The Wilmer Eye Institute, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Cornea 25:485-9. 2006..We describe a method for documenting the location and number of guttae, and ask whether disease progression can be observed during relatively short periods...
- Associations between findings on cranial magnetic resonance imaging and retinal photography in the elderly: the Cardiovascular Health StudyWt Longstreth
Department of Neurology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104 2420, USA
Am J Epidemiol 165:78-84. 2007..In the Cardiovascular Health Study, 1,717 elderly participants underwent MRI and retinal photography between 1991 and 1999...
- Agreement between Scheimpflug photography and A-scan ultrasonography in anterior segment ocular measurements in childrenLouis Tong
Singapore National Eye Centre, Singapore
Optom Vis Sci 80:529-34. 2003..The purpose of this study was to examine the agreement in anterior chamber length and lens thickness measurements between A-scan ultrasonography and Scheimpflug photography.
- Comparison of digital and film stereo photography of the optic nerve in the evaluation of patients with glaucomaAlbert S Khouri
Institute of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey 07103, USA
Telemed J E Health 12:632-8. 2006The aim of this study was to validate a digital simultaneous stereo photography system against film in the assessment of optic nerve head features in patients with glaucoma...
- 'We've fallen into the cracks': Aboriginal women's experiences with breast cancer through photovoiceJennifer Poudrier
University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, Canada S7N 5A5
Nurs Inq 16:306-17. 2009..Aboriginal women who have experienced breast cancer must be made visible within health-care in a way that recognizes their experiences situated within the structural context of marginalization through colonial oppression...
- Speed cameras in Sweden and Victoria, Australia--a case studyMatts Ake Belin
Karolinska Institute, Department of Public Health Sciences, Stockholm, Sweden
Accid Anal Prev 42:2165-70. 2010....
- Enhancing damage visibility on metallic bearing surfaces: a simple technique for photography and viewingAnneliese D Heiner
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242 1100, USA
J Arthroplasty 28:543.e9-543.e12. 2013..This damage can cause accelerated wear of the opposing surface and subsequent implant failure. Photography and viewing of metallic bearing surfaces, for documenting this damage, are hindered by optical reflectivity...
- Prehospital digital photography and automated image transmission in an emergency medical service - an ancillary retrospective analysis of a prospective controlled trialSebastian Bergrath
Department of Anaesthesiology, University Hospital Aachen, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstr, 30, Aachen D 52074, Germany
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 21:3. 2013..In this ancillary, retrospective study the quality and content of the transmitted pictures and the possible influences of this application on prehospital time requirements were investigated...
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2013..include the following examinations and tests: -Eye examination with dilation, optical coherence tomography and photography: The examination measures visual acuity, thickness of your retina (the back of the eye) andeye pressure...
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2012..include the following examinations and tests: -Eye examination with dilation, optical coherence tomography and photography: The examination measures visual acuity, thickness of your retina (the back of the eye) andeye pressure...
- Epidemiology of Retinopathy and other Complications in Long Term Type 1 DiabetesMichael Y Tsai; Fiscal Year: 2013..Objective recording of retinopathy from stereoscopic fundus photography combined with a standardized grading, refraction and visual acuity, carotid artery ultrasound, ..
- Phenotypes of diabetic kidney disease and the relationship to retinal pathologyAmy Mottl; Fiscal Year: 2013..the feasibility of performing the gold standards of kidney biopsy, iohexol GFR measurement and retinal photography on type 2 diabetic participants...
- ACCORDRichard Grimm; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ACCORD Eye Study examines diabetic retinopathy with 2 eye exams of fundus photography of 7 stereoscopic fields, done in the baseline year (2003) and followed up 4 to 6 years later...
- ACCORDFaramarz Ismail Beigi; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ACCORD Eye Study examines diabetic retinopathy with 2 eye exams of fundus photography of 7 stereoscopic fields, done in the baseline year (2003) and followed up 4 to 6 years later...
- Phase 2 Study of High Dose DHA for the Treatment of X-Linked Retinitis PigmentosaDennis R Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 2013..outcome, rod ERGs, a-wave rod and cone ERG photoreceptor assessment, visual acuity, visual fields, fundus photography, dark-adapted thresholds, ocular coherence tomography (OCT) and comprehensive eye exams...
- Epidemiology of lens aging in older womenJASON LEIGH SANDERS; Fiscal Year: 2013..in the HWS during the current study cycle, we will add a measure of lens transparency using Scheimpflug photography, which uses linear densitometry to provide a quantitative measure of transparency...
- Role of RPE-derived VEGF in Choroid Development and StabilityPATRICIA ANN D'AMORE; Fiscal Year: 2013..The phenotype of these mouse models will be characterized using light and electron microscopy, fundus photography and ERG. (2) To determine if VEGF has autocrine effects on RPE in vivo and in vitro...
- Atlas - A Handheld High Resolution Wide-field Retinal ImagerPAUL ANDREW YATES; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recent studies suggest that tele-screening with wide-angle retinal photography in combination with early treatment practices may be an economically feasible, cost-saving measure for im- ..
- Remote food photography for the real-time measurement of children's food intakeCorby K Martin; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our group developed the Remote Food Photography Method (RFPM) for measuring the food intake of adults in near real-time, and the validity data are positive...
- MESAKarol Watson; Fiscal Year: 2012..flow-mediated brachial artery dilation, radial artery tomometry, ankle-brachial index measurement, and retinal photography and, in subsets, abdominal aortic CT, carotid MRI, cardiac MRI tagging for measures of regional myocardial ..
- MESAKarol Watson; Fiscal Year: 2010..flow-mediated brachial artery dilation, radial artery tomometry, ankle-brachial index measurement, and retinal photography and, in subsets, abdominal aortic CT, carotid MRI, cardiac MRI tagging for measures of regional myocardial ..
- MESAKarol Watson; Fiscal Year: 2011..flow-mediated brachial artery dilation, radial artery tomometry, ankle-brachial index measurement, and retinal photography and, in subsets, abdominal aortic CT, carotid MRI, cardiac MRI tagging for measures of regional myocardial ..
- MESAKarol Watson; Fiscal Year: 2009
- High-resolution imaging of the normal and diseased retinaJason Porter; Fiscal Year: 2013..laminar pore size increases with age and is associated with small increases in cupping (measured via fundus photography) and decreased RNFL thickness and visual function...
- Measures of Human Receptor and Post Receptor ActivityDonald C Hood; Fiscal Year: 2013..more sensitive to progression in these diseases than visual acuity or measures of the area of atrophy on fundus photography. The inherent variability in current functional measures of progression in RP and diseases of the macula is a ..
- MESARichard A Kronmal; Fiscal Year: 2010
- MESARichard A Kronmal; Fiscal Year: 2012
- MESAAaron R Folsom; Fiscal Year: 2011
- MESAAaron R Folsom; Fiscal Year: 2010
- MESARichard A Kronmal; Fiscal Year: 2011
- MESARussell P Tracy; Fiscal Year: 2010
- MESAAaron R Folsom; Fiscal Year: 2013
- MESAAaron R Folsom; Fiscal Year: 2012
- MESARussell P Tracy; Fiscal Year: 2012
- MESARichard A Kronmal; Fiscal Year: 2013
- MESARussell P Tracy; Fiscal Year: 2013
- MESARussell P Tracy; Fiscal Year: 2011
- ARIC Neurocognitive Study (ARIC-NCS)Lisa M Wruck; Fiscal Year: 2013..in 4 US communities adding a 24-year follow-up evaluation with detailed neurocognitive assessment, retinal photography, lab assays and medical record review to 4 previous exams (1987-1999) which included midlife cognitive testing...
- ARIC Neurocognitive Study (ARIC-NCS)Alvaro Alonso; Fiscal Year: 2013..in 4 US communities adding a 24-year follow-up evaluation with detailed neurocognitive assessment, retinal photography, lab assays and medical record review to 4 previous exams (1987-1999) which included midlife cognitive testing...
- MESAAaron R Folsom; Fiscal Year: 2009
- MESARussell P Tracy; Fiscal Year: 2009
- MESARichard A Kronmal; Fiscal Year: 2009
- Validation of a Digital Diet Method for Use with Preschool ChildrenTHERESA ANN NICKLAS; Fiscal Year: 2013..A Remote Food Photography Method (RFPM) was developed and validated with adults. For the proposed research, adults (i.e...
- 1 of 5 ARIC Neurocognitive Study (ARIC-NCS)Josef Coresh; Fiscal Year: 2013..in 4 US communities adding a 24-year follow-up evaluation with detailed neurocognitive assessment, retinal photography, lab assays and medical record review to 4 previous exams (1987-1999) which included midlife cognitive testing...
- MESAKiang Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013
- MESASteven Shea; Fiscal Year: 2010
- MESAKiang Liu; Fiscal Year: 2012
- MESASteven Shea; Fiscal Year: 2012
- MESAWendy Post; Fiscal Year: 2012
- MESASteven Shea; Fiscal Year: 2013
- Follow-up Study: Comparison of AMD Treatments Trial (CATT)Maureen G Maguire; Fiscal Year: 2013..one of 42 CATT clinical centers for measurement of visual acuity, optical coherent tomography (OCT), and fundus photography including fluorescein angiography...
- MESAGregory L Burke; Fiscal Year: 2013
- MESAWendy Post; Fiscal Year: 2010
- MESAKIANG JOHN LIU; Fiscal Year: 2010
- MESAGregory L Burke; Fiscal Year: 2010
- MESAWendy Post; Fiscal Year: 2011
- MESAGregory L Burke; Fiscal Year: 2012
- MESAGregory L Burke; Fiscal Year: 2011
- MESAKiang Liu; Fiscal Year: 2011
- MESAWendy Post; Fiscal Year: 2009
- MESASteven Shea; Fiscal Year: 2009
- MESAGregory L Burke; Fiscal Year: 2009
- MESAKIANG JOHN LIU; Fiscal Year: 2009
- Scimagix Web-Based Scientific Image Management SystemDouglas Hanson; Fiscal Year: 2005..imaging through light microscopes, UV and fluorescent microscopy, digital radiography and intraoral digital photography. Most of the laboratories at Forsyth are equipped with at least 1 digital microscope, either stand-alone or ..
- DATA COORDINATING CENTER FOR EARLY GLAUCOMA TRIALM Leske; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed EMGT is a collaborative effort that involves a Clinical Center (CC) in Malmo, Sweden, a Disc Photography Reading Center in Lund both at the University of Lund, Sweden, a Data Center (DC) at the State University of ..
- Depth Maps From Stereo Images of the Optic Disc-Phase IIGILBERTO ZAMORA; Fiscal Year: 2006..Data for testing and validation will consist of traditional stereo fundus photography, digital stimultaneous photography, GDx nerve fiber analyzer, HRT,Goldman and Humphrey visual fields, and Inter ..
- DYNAMICS OF RETINOPATHY AMONG MEXICAN AMERICAN DIABETICSCraig Hanis; Fiscal Year: 1990..random household sampling and from whom we have obtained extensive data through physical examination and fundus photography. In this sample, 28% had diabetic retinopathy...
- Clinical Phenotype of Imprinted Genes of Chromosome 14Vernon Sutton; Fiscal Year: 2005..Studies will include: Clinical evaluation, digital imaging or photography of relevant physical features and imaging anthropometrics of each patient; sex and growth hormone levels and ..
- DIGITAL RESOLUTION IMPROVEMENT OF SLO ANGIOGRAMSTimothy Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2002..An equally large market exists in conventional digital fundus photography. The focus of this Phase 2 project will be on SLO angiography...
- Treatment for Canine Diabetic CataractsMilton Wyman; Fiscal Year: 2007..Lens changes will be documented by retroillumination photography and the extent of opacification in these images will be quantified by computer image analysis...
- Novel Assessment of Early Changes in Diabetic RetinopathyQuan Dong Nguyen; Fiscal Year: 2010..for severe retinopathy and macular edema has relied on the presence of clinical signs visible through fundus photography or invasive fluorescein angiography...
- Design and Evaluation of the Remote Intervention for Diet and Exercise (RIDE)Corby K Martin; Fiscal Year: 2010..intake data are collected and transmitted with camera and Bluetooth-enabled cell phones using the Remote Food Photography method that was developed by this laboratory, body weight data is automatically transmitted daily from a ..
- EXPERIMENTAL OCULAR VASCULAR OCCLUSIVE STUDIESSOHAN HAYREH; Fiscal Year: 1992..are being investigated serially by a detailed ocular examination (including ophthalmoscopy, color fundus photography, and fluorescein fundus angiography) as well as systemic evaluation (by recording blood pressure, and by ..
- DIFFRACTION ANALYSIS OF FRUCTOSE-1,6-DIPHOSPHATASECHARLES WEEKS; Fiscal Year: 1980..These techniques allow for the growth of large single crystals from the minimum of material. Precession photography is being used to evaluate the quality of isomorphous derivatives, but intensity data are being collected on a ..
- Cognitive-Brain Phenotyping of Atypical Chinese ChildrenAnnette Karmiloff Smith; Fiscal Year: 2005..and short-term training; (3) To conduct pilot studies that (a) test the feasibility of a computer-assisted 3D photography-based system for identifying a large population of mentally retarded children whose facial dysmorphology may ..
- COMMUNITY AND COHORT SURVEILLANCE PROGRAMChristie Ballantyne; Fiscal Year: 2000..Atherosclerosis is measured by carotid and ultrasonography. Arteriosclerosis is measured using retinal photography. Cerebrovascular disease is assessed using MRI in a sample of black and white participants...