- Evaluation of drug physical form during granulation, tabletting and storage
Adrian C Williams
Drug Delivery Group, School of Pharmacy, University of Bradford, Richmond Road, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD7 1DP, UK
Int J Pharm 275:29-39. 2004
..Analysis of the drug using FT-Raman spectroscopy allowed rapid optimisation of the process whilst offering quantitative molecular information concerning the dissociation of the drug salt to the amorphous free base form...
- Physical and chemical stability of pemetrexed in infusion solutions
MD Anderson Cancer Center, The University of Texas, Houston, 77030, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:1082-5. 2006
..Currently, there is no information on the long-term stability of pemetrexed beyond 24 hours...
- Stabilization of the maleate salt of a basic drug by adjustment of microenvironmental pH in solid dosage form
Erika A Zannou
Pharmaceutical and Analytical Development Department, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, One Health Plaza, East Hanover, NJ 07936 7329, United States
Int J Pharm 337:210-8. 2007
..3, favoring the salt-to-base conversion. A stable tablet formulation with shelf-life >3 years was successfully developed by lowering the microenvironemental pH of tablet from 4.3 to <3.0 by adding citric acid to the formulation...
- Risk factors for improper vaccine storage and handling in private provider offices
K N Bell
Women s and Children s Center, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pediatrics 107:E100. 2001
- Long-term physico-chemical stability of standard parenteral nutritions for neonates
Pharmacy, Geneva University Hospitals, Gabrielle Perret Gentil 4, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Clin Nutr 29:808-12. 2010
..Long-term physico-chemical stability for storage in wards was assessed...
- Effect of freezing and thawing rates on denaturation of proteins in aqueous solutions
Department of Engineering Science, University of Oxford, Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PJ, United Kingdom
Biotechnol Bioeng 82:684-90. 2003
..5 degrees C/min). The results exhibited that the freezing damage of protein in aqueous solutions could be reduced by changing the buffer type and composition and by optimizing the freezing-thawing protocol...
- Inulin sugar glasses preserve the structural integrity and biological activity of influenza virosomes during freeze-drying and storage
Jørgen de Jonge
Department of Medical Microbiology, Molecular Virology Section, University Medical Center Groningen and University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Pharm Sci 32:33-44. 2007
..Formulation of influenza virosomes as a dry-powder is advantageous for storage and transport and offers the possibility to develop needle-free dosage forms, e.g. for oral, nasal, pulmonal, or dermal delivery...
- The quality of essential antimicrobial and antimalarial drugs marketed in Rwanda and Tanzania: influence of tropical storage conditions on in vitro dissolution
P C Kayumba
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Sciences and Technology, National University of Rwanda, Butare, Rwanda
J Clin Pharm Ther 29:331-8. 2004
- Trends of home drug storage and use in different regions across the northern United Arab Emirates
Suleiman I Sharif
Department of Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, University of Sharjah, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Med Princ Pract 19:355-8. 2010
..To investigate the habits of use and home storage of over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription drugs...
- In vitro evaluation of the quality of essential drugs on the Tanzanian market
Peter G Risha
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Trop Med Int Health 7:701-7. 2002
- The stability of amoxicillin trihydrate and potassium clavulanate combination in aqueous solutions
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Veterinary Science, Szent Istvan University, István u 2 H 1078 Budapest, Hungary
Acta Vet Hung 57:485-93. 2009
..05). Therefore, the amoxicillin-clavulanic acid combination should be administered to the animals in soft water, at neutral pH and in plastic troughs...
- Evaluation of cold chain monitoring in Kelantan, Malaysia
Department of Community Medicine, Institute for Medical Research, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Bull World Health Organ 74:391-7. 1996
..These results will assist health planners to correct the weaknesses identified in the cold chain system...
- Assessing the effectiveness of cold chain management for childhood vaccines
Immunisation Advisory Centre, Department of General Practice and Primary Health Care, The University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
J Prim Health Care 3:278-82. 2011
..Effective immunisation programmes require a stable cold chain to maintain potency of vaccines from national stores through to delivery sites...
- pH-induced changes in the fabrication of multilayers of poly(acrylic acid) and chitosan: fabrication, properties, and tests as a drug storage and delivery system
Departamento de Química Física I, Facultad de Ciencias Químicas, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Ciudad Universitaria s n, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Langmuir 27:6836-45. 2011
..Finally, the possibility of using of these multilayers as a drug storage and delivery system has been evaluated.
- The most appropriate storage method in unit-dose package and correlation between color change and decomposition rate of aspirin tablets
Department of Health Care and Sciences, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Meiji Pharmaceutical University, 2 522 1, Noshio, Kiyose, Tokyo 204 8588, Japan
Int J Pharm 396:105-10. 2010
..It was considered that the clarity of the correlation between the color change and decomposition rate may contribute to a decrease in the number of tablets discarded before the expiration date...
- Liposil, a promising composite material for drug storage and release
UMR CNRS ENSCM UM1 5618, Institut C Gerhardt, FR 1878, 8 rue de l Ecole Normale, 34296 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
J Control Release 118:1-6. 2007
Preliminary tests in the field of drug storage and release of composite materials known as liposils were described. These silica-based particles were obtained via liposome templating...
- Preventing cold chain failure: vaccine storage and handling
Infectious Disease Prevention Program, Kingston, Frontenac and Lennox and Addington Health Unit, Kingston, Ont
CMAJ 171:1050. 2004
- Are childhood immunization programmes in Australia at risk? Investigation of the cold chain in the Northern Territory
N C Miller
Disease Control, Communicable Diseases Centre, Casuarina NT, Australia
Bull World Health Organ 72:401-8. 1994
..Our results show that the vaccines were often exposed to temperatures outside the recommended range during transport and storage, putting them at risk of loss of potency.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- A vaccine cold chain freezing study in PNG highlights technology needs for hot climate countries
National Department of Health, Port Moresby, Papua, New Guinea
Vaccine 25:691-7. 2007
..The study highlights the need for technological solutions to avoid vaccine freezing, particularly in hot climate countries...
- In vitro stability of lyophilized and reconstituted recombinant activated factor VII formulated for storage at room temperature
Pharmaceutics, BIOPHARM, Novo Nordisk A S, Novo Alle, Bagsvaerd, Denmark
Clin Ther 30:1309-15. 2008
..The first-generation rFVIIa formulation is stable when stored under refrigeration. A new formulation has been developed for storage at room temperature, which may improve patients' access to treatment during bleeding episodes...
- Low-technology cooling box for storage of malaria RDTs and other medical supplies in remote areas
Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics FIND, 16 Avenue de Budé, 1202 Geneva, Switzerland
Malar J 9:31. 2010
- Vaccine storage practices in primary care physician offices: assessment and intervention
Julie A Gazmararian
Emory Center on Health Outcomes and Quality, Department of Health Policy and Management, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Am J Prev Med 23:246-53. 2002
..To assess the proportion of primary care physician (PCP) offices meeting vaccine storage guidelines, identify factors associated with low compliance, and evaluate whether a quality improvement (QI) activity improves compliance...
- General recommendations on immunization. Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) and the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
William L Atkinson
Immunization Services Division, National Center for Infectious Diseases, USA
MMWR Recomm Rep 51:1-35. 2002
..This report, ACIP recommendations for each vaccine, and other information regarding immunization can be accessed at CDCs National Immunization Program website at http.//www.cdc.gov/nip (accessed October 11, 2001)...
- Single versus multi-dose vaccine vials: an economic computational model
Bruce Y Lee
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Vaccine 28:5292-300. 2010
- Stabilization of a polypeptide in non-aqueous solvents
Bayer HealthCare, 800 Dwight Way, Berkeley, CA 94701, United States
Int J Pharm 351:1-7. 2008
..The stabilization approaches are applicable only in a non-aqueous environment for this peptide, and possibly for other peptides with similar reactive moieties...
- Antimalarial drug quality in Africa
A A Amin
Centre for Geographic Medicine Research Coast, Kenya Medical Research Institute Wellcome Trust Research Programme, Nairobi, Kenya
J Clin Pharm Ther 32:429-40. 2007
..There are several reports of sub-standard and counterfeit antimalarial drugs circulating in the markets of developing countries; we aimed to review the literature for the African continent...
- Malaria rapid diagnostic tests in tropical climates: the need for a cool chain
World Health Organization Regional Office for the Western Pacific, Manila, The Philippines
Am J Trop Med Hyg 74:750-4. 2006
..These results emphasize the need for good logistical planning during the introduction of point-of-care tests in tropical countries and the importance of considering the stability of diagnostic tests during procurement...
- Stability of influenza sub-unit vaccine. Does a couple of days outside the refrigerator matter?
Solvay Pharmaceuticals B V, C J van Houtenlaan 36, 1381 CP Weesp, The Netherlands
Vaccine 24:525-31. 2006
..Moreover, this study showed that the presence of thiomersal in the solution has no effect on the stability of the vaccine...
- Stability of total nutrient admixtures in reference to ambient temperatures
Myung Duk Lee
Nutritional Support Service, Department of Surgery, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, Seoul, South Korea
Nutrition 19:886-90. 2003
- In-home drug storage and utilization habits: a Sudanese study
M A Yousif
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Gezira, Wad Medani, Sudan
East Mediterr Health J 8:422-31. 2002
..3%) and poor compliance (71.2%). In Sudan there is still a great need to educate and to motivate the general public regarding the principles of rational drug use in order to safeguard health and avoid economic losses...
- Using oral polio vaccine beyond the cold chain: a feasibility study conducted during the national immunization campaign in Mali
European Programme for Intervention Epidemiology Training EPIET, European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control ECDC, 171 83 Stockholm, Sweden
Vaccine 28:3467-72. 2010
..Over 90% of vaccinators and supervisors preferred conducting NIDs without ice packs. In addition, using OPV out of the cold chain reduced vaccine wastage resulting from melting ice packs causing labels to detach from the vial...
- Revolutionary vaccine technology breaks the cold chain
Lancet Infect Dis 4:719. 2004
- Goals of stability evaluation throughout the vaccine life cycle
Philip R Krause
FDA CBER OVRR DVP, Bethesda, MD 20892 4555, USA
Biologicals 37:369-78; discussion 421-3. 2009
..At each phase in the product life cycle, it is important to consider the goals of stability evaluation and to perform appropriate statistical analyses in order to assure and reach appropriate conclusions about product quality...
- Stabilizing cold-adapted influenza virus vaccine under various storage conditions
Dean A Yannarell
Wyeth Ayerst Research, P O Box 8299, Philadelphia, PA 19101, USA
J Virol Methods 102:15-25. 2002
..066 M phosphate in the SPG stabilizer. This alternative formulation may be useful in markets where freezing is not feasible or short-term room temperature storage is necessary...
- Emergency department drug orders: does drug storage location make a difference?
Gregory P Conners
Department of Emergency Medicine, Pediatrics, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, USA
Ann Emerg Med 50:414-8. 2007
..We hypothesize that adding drugs previously only available from the hospital central pharmacy to an existing emergency department (ED) automated medication management system would alter the frequency with which they were ordered...
- Study of hydroxy propyl guar derivative for its gelling property and it's use in the formulation of tenoxicam gels
N G N Swamy
Government College of Pharmacy, Bangalore 560 027, India
Pak J Pharm Sci 20:61-6. 2007
..Release studies of tenoxicam from formulations across hairless albino mice skin revealed a zero order drug release pattern from both the formulations...
- Compatibility of ondansetron hydrochloride and methylprednisolone sodium succinate in multilayer polyolefin containers
Pharmacy Service, Caremeau Hospital Medical Center, place du Professeur Debré, 3000 Nîmes, France
Am J Health Syst Pharm 62:2001-5. 2005
..The compatibility of ondansetron hydrochloride and methylprednisolone sodium succinate in 5% dextrose injection and 0.9% sodium chloride injection was studied...
- Solid lipid nanoparticles (SLN) and nanostructured lipid carriers (NLC) for application of ascorbyl palmitate
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Istanbul University, Beyazit, Istanbul, Turkey
Pharmazie 60:577-82. 2005
..1% +/- 1.4, 67.6% +/- 2.9 and 55.2% +/- 0.3 after 3 months, respectively. Highest degradation was observed with NE at all the storage temperatures indicating even importance of the carrier structure...
- Formulation and characterization of curcuminoids loaded solid lipid nanoparticles
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Naresuan University, Pitsanulok 65000, Thailand
Int J Pharm 337:299-306. 2007
..The results revealed that after storage in the absence of sunlight for 6 months, the percentages of the remaining curcumin, bisdemethoxycurcumin and demethoxycurcumin were 91, 96 and 88, respectively...
- Formulation development and manufacturing of a gastrin/CCK-2 receptor targeting peptide as an intermediate drug product for a clinical imaging study
Jane K Sosabowski
Department of Nuclear Medicine, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London, EC1A 7BE, UK
Eur J Pharm Sci 31:102-11. 2007
..9% w/v saline solution. Specific uptake of the radiopharmaceutical in CCK-2R-expressing AR42J tumours in nude mice has been demonstrated...
- Pharmaceutical development of a lyophilised dosage form for the investigational anticancer agent Imexon using dimethyl sulfoxide as solubilising and stabilising agent
Monique W J den Brok
Slotervaart Hospital The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 1066 EC Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Pharm Sci 94:1101-14. 2005
..Imexon 100 mg/vial lyophilised product was shown stable for at least 12 months of storage at -20 degrees C and +5 +/- 3 degrees C in the dark...
- Physical characterisation of formulations for the development of two stable freeze-dried proteins during both dried and liquid storage
UMR de Génie et Microbiologie des Procédés Alimentaires, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Institut National Agronomique Paris Grignon, Thiverval Grignon, France
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 60:335-48. 2005
..The glassy character of these formulations as well as their high collapse temperature values (-9 and -12 degrees C, respectively) should allow simplification and shortening of freeze-drying process...
- Improved protocol and data analysis for accelerated shelf-life estimation of solid dosage forms
Kenneth C Waterman
Pfizer Global Research and Development, Groton, CT 06340, USA
Pharm Res 24:780-90. 2007
..To propose and test a new accelerated aging protocol for solid-state, small molecule pharmaceuticals which provides faster predictions for drug substance and drug product shelf-life...
- Novel lipid-based formulations enhancing the in vitro dissolution and permeability characteristics of a poorly water-soluble model drug, piroxicam
College of Pharmacy, Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, CA 91766, USA
Int J Pharm 301:209-16. 2005
- Pharmaceutical development of a parenteral lyophilised dosage form for the novel anticancer agent C1311
Monique W J den Brok
Slotervaart Hospital The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, Amsterdam
PDA J Pharm Sci Technol 59:285-97. 2005
..The drug is currently used in phase I clinical trials...
- Drying-induced variations in physico-chemical properties of amorphous pharmaceuticals and their impact on stability (I): stability of a monoclonal antibody
Ahmad M Abdul-Fattah
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut 06269, USA
J Pharm Sci 96:1983-2008. 2007
..In stabilizer-rich formulations, stability differences were best correlated to differences in molecular mobility (fast dynamics) and total protein surface accumulation...
- Conformational analysis of protein secondary structure during spray-drying of antibody/mannitol formulations
Department of Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmaceutics, Ludwig Maximilians University, Germany
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 65:1-9. 2007
..Thus, from the presented study it can be concluded that the formation of antibody aggregates in mannitol formulations cannot be correlated with significant perturbations of the protein secondary structure elements...
- Stability of poly(D,L-lactide-co-glycolide) and leuprolide acetate in in-situ forming drug delivery systems
W Y Dong
College of Pharmacy, Freie Universitat Berlin, Kelchstrasse 31, 12169 Berlin, Germany
J Control Release 115:158-67. 2006
..Finally, leuprolide acetate was chemically stable in the sponges, the oils and the polymer solutions in suspension state, but unstable (aggregation) when dissolved in the polymer solutions and stored at 25 degrees C and 40 degrees C...
- Pharmaceutical and analytical characterisation of (2R)-(3-amino-2-fluoropropyl)sulphinic acid, a GABAB receptor agonist
Pharmaceutical and Analytical R and D, AstraZeneca R and D Molndal, Molndal, Sweden
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 65:104-10. 2007
..In solid state, the compound can be stored at ambient conditions in closed vials with low relative humidity. A solid oral dosage form should be kept in a blister package...
- Stabilisation of deoxyribonuclease in hydrofluoroalkanes using miscible vinyl polymers
Stuart A Jones
Department of Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Division, King s College London, Franklin Wilkins Building, 150 Stamford Street, London, SE1 9NN, UK
J Control Release 115:1-8. 2006
..However, the large zeta potential associated with the suspensions suggested that charge stabilisation may also influence the pMDI physical stability...
- Long-term stabilization of a new freeze-dried and albumin-free formulation of recombinant human interferon alpha 2b
Department of Development and Formulations, Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, P O Box 6162, Havana, Cuba
PDA J Pharm Sci Technol 60:72-8. 2006
..The formulation was also stable after reconstitution and storage at 4 degrees C and 28 degrees C, for 30 days...
- Stability and viscosity of a flavored omeprazole oral suspension for pediatric use
Jane E Burnett
Department of Surgery, University of Missouri Hospital and Clinics UMHC, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 63:2240-7. 2006
..The stability and viscosity of preparations of a commercially available, flavored, immediate-release powder for oral suspension (omeprazole-sodium bicarbonate) during refrigerator and room temperature storage were investigated...
- beta-carotene encapsulation in a mannitol matrix as affected by divalent cations and phosphate anion
Sonia C Sutter
Departamento de Industrias, Facultad Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad de Buenos Aires, 1428 Ciudad Universitaria, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Int J Pharm 332:45-54. 2007
..Surface color was not an appropriate indicator for beta-carotene degradation, because it was mostly dependent on the optical properties of the matrix, which changed with the degree of matrix hydration and collapse...
- Impurities in a lyophilized formulation of BMS-204352: identification and role of sanitizing agents
Munir N Nassar
Biopharmaceutics Research and Development, Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Bristol Myers Squibb, New Brunswick, NJ 08903, USA
Pharm Dev Technol 11:207-11. 2006
..Sanitizing agents, even though not used on product contact surfaces, may potentially contaminate a product through vapor transfer in an open environment...
- Tamoxifen citrate loaded solid lipid nanoparticles (SLN): preparation, characterization, in vitro drug release, and pharmacokinetic evaluation
L Harivardhan Reddy
Drug Delivery Research Laboratory, Center of Relevance and Excellence in NDDS, Pharmacy Department, M S University, Baroda, Gujarat, India
Pharm Dev Technol 11:167-77. 2006
..Thus the above mentioned solid lipid nanoparticles can be a beneficial system to deliver tamoxifen to cancer tissues through enhanced permeability and retention (EPR) effect...
- Physical and chemical stability of paclitaxel infusions in different container types
School of Pharmacy and Chemistry, Kingston University, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, UK
J Oncol Pharm Pract 12:211-22. 2006
..3 and 1.2 mg/mL) in 0.9% sodium chloride or 5% glucose in polyolefin (Viaflo), low-density polyethylene (Ecoflac), and glass containers at 2-8 and 25 degrees C...
- Solid molecular dispersions of poorly water-soluble drugs in poly(2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate) hydrogels
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 65:320-8. 2007
- Continuous release of Rh-interferon (alpha-2a from triglyceride implants: storage stability of the dosage forms
Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Pharm Dev Technol 11:103-10. 2006
..Generally, 95% of the incorporated protein was delivered continuously within 1 month in monomeric form, even after 6 months' storage of the implants at room temperature...
- Practical considerations in development of solid dosage forms that contain cyclodextrin
Lee A Miller
Pfizer, Inc, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
J Pharm Sci 96:1691-707. 2007
- Characterization of a potential medium for 'biorelevant' in vitro release testing of a naltrexone implant, employing a validated stability-indicating HPLC method
Sunil S Iyer
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0533, USA
J Pharm Biomed Anal 43:845-53. 2007
..This was applied to an investigation of in vitro drug release. The method has been proven to be suitable for investigation of naltrexone released from the implant...
- Dosage form development, in vitro release kinetics, and in vitro-in vivo correlation for leuprolide released from an implantable multi-reservoir array
James H Prescott
MicroCHIPS Inc, 6 B Preston Court, Bedford, MA, 01730 USA
Pharm Res 24:1252-61. 2007
- Structure formation in injectable poly(lactide-co-glycolide) depots
School of Materials Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, N4 1 1 30 Nanyang Avenue, 639798 Singapore
J Control Release 90:345-54. 2003
..Extent of degradation and gelation of PLGA were shown to depend on the solvent...
- Optimization of a formulation containing viable lactic acid bacteria
Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmaceutics, University of Vienna, Althanstrasse 14, A 1090, Vienna, Austria
Int J Pharm 256:117-22. 2003
..The best protective qualities against artificial gastric juice were observed when tablets were prepared from compaction mixtures of LAB, HPMCAS and sodium alginate...
- Stability of ranitidine in injectable solutions
Bosnalijek d d, Jukiceva 55, 71000, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Int J Pharm 256:109-15. 2003
..TLC technique has been used for monitoring related substances, and HPLC technique for monitoring phenol and ranitidine content. It has been shown that only those samples that were stored at 25 degrees C were actually stable...
- Stability of sotalol in two liquid formulations at two temperatures
Milap C Nahata
College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University and Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Ann Pharmacother 37:506-9. 2003
..However, it is commercially unavailable in a liquid dosage form. The use of an extemporaneously prepared liquid dosage form must be supported by the documentation of the chemical and physical stability of sotalol...
- The solution and solid state stability and excipient compatibility of parthenolide in feverfew
University of Maryland, Baltimore, School of Pharmacy, 20 N Pine Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
AAPS PharmSciTech 8:E105. 2007
..Parthenolide in feverfew exhibits good compatibility with commonly used excipients under stressed conditions in a 3-week screening study...
- Stability of oral liquid preparations of methylergometrine
Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Rennes, France
Pharmazie 61:701-5. 2006
..No degradation products were revealed. This study allowed an oral ready to use solution of methylergometrine (0.05 mg/ml) to be prepared, with a shelf life of more than one month (47 days) when stored at room temperature without light...
- Stability of norepinephrine infusions prepared in dextrose and normal saline solutions
Department of Anesthesiology, Centre Hospitalier Affilie Universitaire De Quebec, Universite Laval, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Can J Anaesth 55:163-7. 2008
..Data on long term stability of NE solutions are lacking. This prospective study was designed to evaluate the stability of NE, in dextrose (5%) in water (D5W) and in normal saline (NS) solutions, for a period up to seven days...
- Stability of nifedipine in two oral suspensions stored at two temperatures
Milap C Nahata
Division of Pharmacy Practice and Administration, College of Pharmacy, Ohio State University and Children s Hospital, Columbus 43210, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (Wash) 42:865-7. 2002
..To determine the stability of nifedipine in two oral suspensions stored at 4 degrees C and 25 degrees C in plastic prescription bottles over a 3-month period...
- Protein formulation and fill-finish operations
Sugunakar Y Patro
Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320, USA
Biotechnol Annu Rev 8:55-84. 2002
..The reader is then introduced to each of the formulation and fill-finish operations mentioned above, the possible degradations during each unit-operation, and process considerations necessary to avoid those degradations...
- Immediate release tablets of telmisartan using superdisintegrant-formulation, evaluation and stability studies
Department of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, Sri Ramakrishna Institute of Paramedical Sciences, Tamil Nadu, India
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 56:575-7. 2008
..Formuation-10 (F10) was selected for stability study and the in-vitro dissolution study showed that was no difference in percent of drug released between initial and sixth month sample...
- Comparison of the ability of various pharmaceutical silicates to amorphize and enhance dissolution of indomethacin upon co-grinding
School of Pharmacy, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut 06269, USA
Pharm Dev Technol 13:255-69. 2008
..The physicochemical properties (surface area, crystallinity, presence and absence of metal ions such as Mg(2+), Al(3+), Ca(2+)) of the silicates affect the amorphization time, chemical stability, dissolution, and solubility...
- Failure of stability prediction for minodronic acid injectable by accelerated stability testing
Pharmaceutical Technology Laboratories and Novel Pharmaceutical Laboratories, Institute for Drug Development and Research, Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, 180 Ozumi Yaizu shi, 425 0072, Shizuoka ken, Japan
Int J Pharm 241:65-71. 2002
..Since the particulate generation could not be observed at higher temperatures, it was suggested that the complex formation was exothermic and accelerated testing did not predict the stability in terms of particulate generation...
- Sustained-release pellets prepared by combination of wax matrices and double-layer coatings for extremely water-soluble drugs
Department of Pharmaceutics, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang, People s Republic of China
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 34:569-76. 2008
- Stability of oral suspensions of ursodiol made from tablets
Cary E Johnson
College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, 428 Church Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1065, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 59:361-3. 2002
- Development of spray-dried co-precipitate of amorphous celecoxib containing storage and compression stabilizers
Ravindra S Dhumal
Department of Pharmaceutics, Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Poona College of Pharmacy and Research Centre, Erandawane, Pune 411038 Maharashtra, India
Acta Pharm 57:287-300. 2007
..The present study demonstrates the synergistic effect of combining two types of stabilizers, PVP and CAR, on the stability of amorphous drug during compression and storage as compared to their effect when used alone...
- Long-term stabilization of recombinant human interferon alpha 2b in aqueous solution without serum albumin
Formulation Development Department, Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology CIGB, P O Box 6162, Havana, Cuba
Int J Pharm 264:57-72. 2003
..Furthermore, both the physical stability (color, odor, appearance, pH, and absence of particulate material) and the sterility of this formulation were maintained under the proposed shelf conditions...
- Correlations between molecular mobility and chemical stability during storage of amorphous pharmaceuticals
National Institute of Health Sciences, 1 18 1 Kamiyoga, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158 8501, Japan
J Pharm Sci 96:960-81. 2007
- Stability and degradation kinetics of etoposide-loaded parenteral lipid emulsion
Department of Pharmaceutics, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Wen Hua Road No 103, Shenyang 110016, China
J Pharm Sci 96:1719-28. 2007
..0 with a half-life of 54.7 h and 38.6 min at 80 degrees C, respectively. The hydrolysis kinetics of etoposide in lipid emulsion was also shown to be dependent on the drug concentration...
- Stabilization of rasburicase and physico-chemical characterization of the resulting injectable formulation
Analytical Science Department, Sanofi Synthelabo Recherche, Labege, France
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 30:877-89. 2004
..Crystallised excipients participate in forming the structure of the powder and therefore help to prevent any collapse. Amorphous mannitol creates a surrounding medium favourable to the stability of the protein...
- Combined use of crystalline salt forms and precipitation inhibitors to improve oral absorption of celecoxib from solid oral formulations
Héctor R Guzmán
TransForm Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 29 Hartwell Avenue, Lexington, Massachusetts 02421, USA
J Pharm Sci 96:2686-702. 2007
- Generalized regression neural networks in prediction of drug stability
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade, Vojvode Stepe 450, 11221 Belgrade, Serbia
J Pharm Pharmacol 59:745-50. 2007
..88 weeks). These results demonstrate that GRNN networks can be used to predict ASA content and shelf life without stability testing for formulations in which the amount of polymer and tablet hardness are within the investigated range...
- Crystal growth formation in melt extrudates
College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas, Austin, TX 78712, United States
Int J Pharm 341:162-72. 2007
..In vitro drug release studies showed no significant change during storage for up to 6 months at 25 degrees C/60% relative humidity and 40 degrees C/75% relative humidity...
- Preparation and in vitro evaluation of liposomal chloroquine diphosphate loaded by a transmembrane pH-gradient method
College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, China
Int J Pharm 361:56-63. 2008
..5). The release of CQ from the liposomes prepared via remote loading showed the significant pH-sensitivity and retention properties, which favored the application of liposomal CQ at tumor tissues and endosomal compartments...
- Stability issues of parenteral chemotherapy drugs
Mario L de Lemos
Provincial Drug Information Coordinator, Provincial Systemic Therapy Program, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Oncol Pharm Pract 13:27-31. 2007
..Potential approaches to address these common issues are described in this article...
- Powder-in-bottle formulation of SU011248. Enabling rapid progression into human clinical trials
Sugen Inc a Pharmacia Company, S San Francisco, California, USA
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 30:19-25. 2004
..Additionally, the PIB approach reduced the time and API required for clinical development and supplies to < 2 months and < 100 gm, respectively...
- Fast disintegrating tablets containing Rhodiola rosea L. extract
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Social Pharmacy, Kaunas University of Medicine, A Mickeviciaus 9, 44307 Kaunas, Lithuania
Acta Pol Pharm 64:63-7. 2007
- Improvement of dissolution rate of piroxicam by inclusion into MCM-41 mesoporous silicate
Dipartimento di Chimica e Tecnologia del Farmaco, Via del Liceo 1, Perugia, Italy
Eur J Pharm Sci 32:216-22. 2007
..Physical stability tests of the free drug and the inclusion/adsorption complex were conducted as well over one month storage at 40 degrees C at different relative humidity...
- Inactivation and aggregation of beta-galactosidase in lyophilized formulation described by Kohlrausch-Williams-Watts stretched exponential function
National Institute of Health Sciences, 1 18 1 Kamiyoga, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158, Japan
Pharm Res 20:1655-60. 2003
..The possibility of predicting storage stability based on the temperature dependence of the estimated parameters of inactivation/aggregation--time constant (tau) and its distribution (beta) is discussed...
- Stabilization and encapsulation of photosensitive resveratrol within yeast cell
College of Biological and Technology, Hunan Agricultural University, Changsha 410128, PR China
Int J Pharm 349:83-93. 2008
..In addition, the yeast-encapsulated resveratrol exhibited good stability, and its bioavailability was enhanced as a result of increased solubility of resveratrol and sustained releasing...
- Changes in saccharide and phospholipid content associated with drug storage in cultured rabbit aorta muscle cells
Department of Pathology, G D Searle and Company, Skokie, Illinois
Lab Invest 64:574-84. 1991
In the investigation of cellular changes associated with intracellular drug storage, we incubated cultured rabbit aorta muscle cells with various amphiphilic agents...
- Storage of antimalarials at household level and associated factors in Kiromo ward, Bagamoyo Tanzania
M J Temu
School of Pharmacy, Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Afr Health Sci 6:43-8. 2006
Malaria is a highly debilitating and frequently fatal disease of wide distribution. Improper drug storage and rampant self-medication are some of the factors that may contribute to an increase in the development of drug resistance by ..
- The long road to patient safety: a status report on patient safety systems
Daniel R Longo
Department of Family and Community Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Missouri Columbia, MO 65212, USA
JAMA 294:2858-65. 2005
..These reports resulted in a new paradigm that, rather than centering on individual errors, focuses on the "systems" necessary to facilitate and enhance quality and protect patients...
- Pharmacy services to UK emergency departments: a descriptive study
Pharmacy Department, St Thomas Hospital, Westminster Bridge Road, London, SE1 7EH, UK
Pharm World Sci 32:90-6. 2010
..To describe current hospital pharmacy services and facilities provided to United Kingdom Emergency Departments (EDs), identify potential roles for pharmacy technicians and possible benefits pharmacists may bring to the ED...
- Multifunctional hydroxyapatite nanofibers and microbelts as drug carriers
State Key Laboratory of Rare Earth Resource Utilization, Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Changchun 130022, China
Chemistry 15:6973-82. 2009
..In addition, the emission intensity of Eu(3+) in the drug carrier system varies with the released amount of IBU, and thus drug release can be easily tracked and monitored by the change in luminescence intensity...
- Bioactive, luminescent and mesoporous europium-doped hydroxyapatite as a drug carrier
College of Material Science and Chemical Engineering, Harbin Engineering University, Harbin 150001, PR China
Biomaterials 29:4341-7. 2008
..The obtained multifunctional hydroxyapatite was performed as a drug delivery carrier to investigate the drug storage/release properties using ibuprofen (IBU) as a model drug...
- Drug therapy in the elderly: what doctors believe and patients actually do
Center for Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacology, University of Aarhus, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Br J Clin Pharmacol 51:615-22. 2001
..To examine the medication adherence among old persons living in their own homes, to assess their knowledge of their medication, and to indicate target areas for intervention...
- Information contents of drug advertisements: an Indian experience
Department of Pharmacology, University College of Medical Sciences, Shahdara, Delhi, India
Ann Pharmacother 32:1234-8. 1998
..To critically analyze the drug information contained in Indian pharmaceutical advertisements...
- Findings from the ISMP Medication Safety Self-Assessment for hospitals
Judy L Smetzer
Institute for Safe Medication Practices ISMP, Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Saf 29:586-97. 2003
..Hospital medication practices should be assessed, awareness of the characteristics of a safe medication system heightened, and baseline data to identify national priorities established...
- Pattern of pediatric poisoning in the east Karadeniz region between 2002 and 2006: increased suicide poisoning
Department of Pediatrics, Karadeniz Technical University Faculty of Medicine, Trabzon, Turkey
Hum Exp Toxicol 29:131-6. 2010
..of the present study suggest that poisonings still represents an important health problem that could be prevented by safe drug storage at home, as well as parental education on adolescence issues, particularly those regarding females.
- The consumption of drugs by 75-year-old individuals living in their own homes
Geriatric Department C, Marselisborg Hospital, Aarhus C, Denmark
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 56:501-9. 2000
..To examine the drug consumption and the extent of polypharmacy (defined as daily intake of three or more drugs) among 75-year-old persons living in their own homes and to point out potential problems associated with it...