- Formulation and characterization of curcuminoids loaded solid lipid nanoparticles
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Naresuan University, Pitsanulok 65000, Thailand
Int J Pharm 337:299-306. 2007
..The results revealed that after storage in the absence of sunlight for 6 months, the percentages of the remaining curcumin, bisdemethoxycurcumin and demethoxycurcumin were 91, 96 and 88, respectively...
- Stability of protein pharmaceuticals: an update
Mark Cornell Manning
Legacy BioDesign LLC, Johnstown, Colorado 80534, USA
Pharm Res 27:544-75. 2010
- Polymer-based nanocapsules for drug delivery
C E Mora-Huertas
Universite de Lyon, F 69622, Lyon, France
Int J Pharm 385:113-42. 2010
..Consequently, the information obtained allows establishing criteria for selecting a method for preparation of nanocapsules according to its advantages, limitations and behaviours as a drug carrier...
- The in vitro stability and in vivo pharmacokinetics of curcumin prepared as an aqueous nanoparticulate formulation
Institute of Life Sciences, Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar, Orissa 751023, India
Biomaterials 31:6597-611. 2010
..Thus, the results demonstrated nanoparticulate curcumin may be useful as a potential anticancer drug for treatment of various malignant tumors...
- Protein drug stability: a formulation challenge
Department of Pharmaceutics, The Danish University of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Universitetsparken 2, DK 2100 Copenhagen O, Denmark
Nat Rev Drug Discov 4:298-306. 2005
..This might in turn lead to generally accepted guidelines and tests to avoid unforeseen adverse effects in drug delivery...
- Enhanced bioavailability of sirolimus via preparation of solid dispersion nanoparticles using a supercritical antisolvent process
Min Soo Kim
College of Pharmacy, Chungnam National University, Daejeon, Republic of Korea
Int J Nanomedicine 6:2997-3009. 2011
..The aim of this study was to improve the physicochemical properties and bioavailability of poorly water-soluble sirolimus via preparation of a solid dispersion of nanoparticles using a supercritical antisolvent (SAS) process...
- The mechanisms of drug release from solid dispersions in water-soluble polymers
Duncan Q M Craig
The School of Pharmacy, The Queens University of Belfast, Medical Biology Centre, 97 Lisburn Road, BT9 7BL, Belfast, UK
Int J Pharm 231:131-44. 2002
..The implications of a deeper understanding of the dissolution mechanisms are discussed, with particular emphasis on optimising the choice of carrier and manufacturing method and the prediction of stability problems...
- Development of multiple W/O/W emulsions as dermal carrier system for oligonucleotides: effect of additives on emulsion stability
Institute of Biopharmaceutical Technology, University of Applied Sciences Giessen Friedberg, 35390 Giessen, Germany
Int J Pharm 398:107-13. 2010
..The most promising emulsions were chosen and further evaluated for their suitability and compatibility to incorporate a DNAzyme oligonucleotide as active pharmaceutical ingredient...
- Lipid nanocarriers for dermal delivery of lutein: preparation, characterization, stability and performance
Department of Pharmaceutics, Biopharmaceutics and NutriCosmetics, Freie Universitat Berlin, Institute of Pharmacy, Kelchstr 31, 12169 Berlin, Germany
Int J Pharm 414:267-75. 2011
..Based on size, stability and release/permeation data, and considering the chemical protection of the lutein prior to its absorption into the skin, the lipid nanoparticles are potential dermal nanocarriers for lutein...
- Forced degradation of therapeutic proteins
Division of Drug Delivery Technology, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
J Pharm Sci 101:895-913. 2012
..Possible selection criteria to identify appropriate stress conditions and recommendations for setting up forced degradation studies for the different phases of development of therapeutic proteins are presented...
- Physical stability of proteins in aqueous solution: mechanism and driving forces in nonnative protein aggregation
Eva Y Chi
Department of Chemical Engineering, Center for Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, ECCH 111, Campus Box 424, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, USA
Pharm Res 20:1325-36. 2003
- Enhancement of oral bioavailability of atorvastatin calcium by self-emulsifying drug delivery systems (SEDDS)
Pawan J Kadu
R C Patel Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Shirpur, Dhule, Maharashtra, India
Pharm Dev Technol 16:65-74. 2011
..The formulation significantly reduced serum lipid levels as compared with atorvastatin calcium. Thus studies illustrated the potential use for the delivery of hydrophobic drug such as atorvastatin calcium by oral route...
- Self-protecting core-shell magnetic nanoparticles for targeted, traceable, long half-life delivery of BCNU to gliomas
Hung Wei Yang
Molecular Medicine Research Center, Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, Chang Gung University, 259 Wen Hwa 1st Road, Kuei Shan, Tao Yuan 33302, Taiwan, ROC
Biomaterials 32:6523-32. 2011
..5 mg BCNU/kg carried by the nanocarrier versus 50 days for those that received 13.5 mg of free-BCNU). This improvement could enhance the potential of magnetic targeting therapy in clinical applications of cancer treatments...
- Surgical wound healing using hemostatic gauze scaffold loaded with nanoparticles containing sustained-release granulocyte colony-stimulating factor
Department of Neurology, Xinhua Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Int J Nanomedicine 6:3139-49. 2011
- Design and ocular tolerance of flurbiprofen loaded ultrasound-engineered NLC
Department of Physical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, University of Barcelona, Av Joan XXIII s n, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 81:412-21. 2010
..The developed systems were shown physico-chemically stable with high tolerance for eye instillation...
- Production and characterization of Hesperetin nanosuspensions for dermal delivery
Prabhat R Mishra
Pharmaceutics Division, Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow 226 001, India
Int J Pharm 371:182-9. 2009
..Slight increases in size were found for the Poloxamer and the Tween stabilized nanosuspensions, which is not considered to impair their use in dermal formulations...
- Cremophor-free intravenous microemulsions for paclitaxel II. Stability, in vitro release and pharmacokinetics
Adwoa O Nornoo
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Albany College of Pharmacy, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Int J Pharm 349:117-23. 2008
- Cyclodextrins in drug delivery
University of Iceland, Faculty of Pharmacy, Hagi, Reykjavik
Expert Opin Drug Deliv 2:335-51. 2005
..Currently there are approximately 30 different pharmaceutical products worldwide containing drug/cyclodextrin complexes on the market...
- Preparation and evaluation of reverse-phase evaporation and multilamellar niosomes as ophthalmic carriers of acetazolamide
Ahmed S Guinedi
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University, Monazamet El Wehda El Afrikia St, El Abbassia, Cairo, Egypt
Int J Pharm 306:71-82. 2005
..Histological examination of corneal tissues after instillation of niosomal formulation for 40 days showed slight irritation in the substantia propria of the eye which is reversible and no major changes in tissues were observed...
- Processing difficulties and instability of carbohydrate microneedle arrays
Ryan F Donnelly
Medical Biology Centre, School of Pharmacy, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast, UK
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 35:1242-54. 2009
- Delivery of zoledronic acid encapsulated in folate-targeted liposome results in potent in vitro cytotoxic activity on tumor cells
Experimental Oncology Laboratory, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
J Control Release 146:76-83. 2010
..The purpose of this study was to investigate whether liposomes targeted to the folate receptor (FR) can effectively deliver ZOL to tumor cells and enhance its in vitro cytotoxicity...
- Poly(ethylene oxide)-poly(propylene oxide) block copolymer micelles as drug delivery agents: improved hydrosolubility, stability and bioavailability of drugs
Diego A Chiappetta
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 66:303-17. 2007
- Nanostructured lipid matrices for improved microencapsulation of drugs
R H Muller
Department of Pharmaceutics, Biopharmaceutics and Biotechnology, Free University of Berlin, Kelchstr 31, 12169, Berlin, Germany
Int J Pharm 242:121-8. 2002
..A special preparation process-applicable to NLC but also SLN-allows the production of highly concentrated particle dispersions (>30-95%). Potential applications as drug delivery system are described...
- Ethosomes - novel vesicular carriers for enhanced delivery: characterization and skin penetration properties
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, POB 12065, Jerusalem, Israel
J Control Release 65:403-18. 2000
..Experiments using fluorescent probes and ultracentrifugation showed that the ethosomes had a high entrapment capacity for molecules of various lyophilicities...
- Secreted production of a custom-designed, highly hydrophilic gelatin in Pichia pastoris
M W Werten
Agrotechnological Research Institute ATO BV, Bornsesteeg 59, 6708 PD Wageningen, The Netherlands
Protein Eng 14:447-54. 2001
..The spectrum was even more representative of the random coil conformation than the spectrum of natural non-hydroxylated gelatins...
- The effect of formulation excipients on protein stability and aerosol performance of spray-dried powders of a recombinant humanized anti-IgE monoclonal antibody
J D Andya
Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Pharm Res 16:350-8. 1999
..To study the effect of trehalose, lactose, and mannitol on the biochemical stability and aerosol performance of spray-dried powders of an anti-IgE humanized monoclonal antibody...
- Anti-inflammatory activity of gel containing novel elastic niosomes entrapped with diclofenac diethylammonium
Faculty of Pharmacy, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Int J Pharm 360:156-63. 2008
..This result has not only demonstrated the enhancement of transdermal absorption through rat skin, but also the in vivo anti-inflammatory effect of DCFD when entrapped in the developed novel elastic Tween 61 niosomes, as well...
- Enhanced oral bioavailability of puerarin using microemulsion vehicle
Department of Pharmaceutics, Anhui University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Anhui Province Key Laboratory of R and D of Chinese Medicine, Hefei, P R China
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 35:138-44. 2009
..Puerarin microemulsion also showed good stability. These studies showed that microemulsion system of puerarin might be promising vehicles for the peroral delivery of puerarin...
- Lipid-coated nano-calcium-phosphate (LNCP) for gene delivery
Division of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Int J Pharm 392:201-8. 2010
- Solid lipid nanoparticles for enhancing vinpocetine's oral bioavailability
School of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutics, Mailbox 42, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, 103 Wenhua Road, Shenyang, 110016 Liaoning, P R China
J Control Release 114:53-9. 2006
..These results indicated that VIN absorption is enhanced significantly by employing SLN formulations. SLNs offer a new approach to improve the oral bioavailability of poorly soluble drugs...
- Antibody structure, instability, and formulation
Pfizer, Inc, Global Biologics, 700 Chesterfield Parkway West, Chesterfield, Missouri 63017, USA
J Pharm Sci 96:1-26. 2007
..Various aspects of formulation development have been examined to identify the critical attributes for the stabilization of antibodies...
- Preparation, characterization and biodistribution of the lactone form of 10-hydroxycamptothecin (HCPT)-loaded bovine serum albumin (BSA) nanoparticles
School of Pharmacy, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Wenhua Road 103, Shenyang City, Liaoning, China
Int J Pharm 340:163-72. 2007
..These results suggest that the HCPT-BSA nanoparticles seem to be a stable delivery system for poorly soluble HCPT or its derivatives...
- Polymer microneedles for controlled-release drug delivery
Jung Hwan Park
Wallace H Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering at Georgia Tech and Emory University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia 30332, USA
Pharm Res 23:1008-19. 2006
- Hydrophobically modified glycol chitosan nanoparticles-encapsulated camptothecin enhance the drug stability and tumor targeting in cancer therapy
Kyung Hyun Min
Biomedical Research Center, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, 39 1 Hawolgok Dong, Seongbuk gu, Seoul 136 791, Republic of Korea
J Control Release 127:208-18. 2008
..These results reveal the promising potential of HGC nanoparticles-encapsulated CPT as a stable and effective drug delivery system in cancer therapy...
- The trehalose myth revisited: introduction to a symposium on stabilization of cells in the dry state
J H Crowe
Biostabilization Program, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Cryobiology 43:89-105. 2001
..We review the available mechanisms for introducing trehalose into the cytoplasm of living cells as an introduction to the papers that follow...
- Enhanced solubility and stability of PEGylated liposomal paclitaxel: in vitro and in vivo evaluation
College of Pharmacy, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang 110016, China
Int J Pharm 338:317-26. 2007
..Therefore, our PEGylated liposomal formulation of paclitaxel could serve as a better alternative for the passive targeting of human breast tumors...
- Doxorubicin loaded pH-sensitive polymeric micelles for reversal of resistant MCF-7 tumor
Eun Seong Lee
Department of Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Utah, 421 Wakara Way, Suite 315, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108, USA
J Control Release 103:405-18. 2005
..The results demonstrate that PHSM/f is a viable means for treating drug resistant tumors...
- Long-term physico-chemical stability of standard parenteral nutritions for neonates
Pharmacy, Geneva University Hospitals, Gabrielle Perret Gentil 4, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Clin Nutr 29:808-12. 2010
..Long-term physico-chemical stability for storage in wards was assessed...
- Cyclotides, a novel ultrastable polypeptide scaffold for drug discovery
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Curr Pharm Des 17:4294-307. 2011
..The present review reports recent findings in the biological diversity and therapeutic potential of natural and engineered cyclotides...
- Preparation and the in vitro evaluation of nanoemulsion system for the transdermal delivery of granisetron hydrochloride
Wen wu Zheng
Department of Cardiology, People s Hospital of Luzhou, No 61 Zhongxiao Road, Luzhou, Sichuan Province, P R China
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 58:1015-9. 2010
- A neural-network-based method for predicting protein stability changes upon single point mutations
Laboratory of Biocomputing, CIRB Department of Biology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Bioinformatics 20:i63-8. 2004
..This allows the application of machine learning techniques to predicting free energy stability changes upon mutation starting from the protein sequence...
- Preparation and evaluation of alginate-chitosan microspheres for oral delivery of insulin
National Key Lab of Biochemical Engineering, Institute of Process Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, PR China
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 77:11-9. 2011
..Therefore, the alginate-chitosan microspheres were found to be promising vectors showing a good efficiency in oral administration of protein or peptide drugs...
- Stability-indicating HPLC-DAD/UV-ESI/MS impurity profiling of the anti-malarial drug lumefantrine
Drug Quality and Registration group, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ghent University, Harelbekestraat 72, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Malar J 10:51. 2011
..However, until now, no exhaustive impurity profile of lumefantrine has been established, encompassing process-related and degradation impurities in active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and finished pharmaceutical products (FPPs)...
- Surface charged temoporfin-loaded flexible vesicles: in vitro skin penetration studies and stability
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Lessingstrasse 8, 07743 Jena, Germany
Int J Pharm 384:100-8. 2010
..In conclusion, mTHPC-loaded cationic flexosomes could be a promising tool for delivering mTHPC to the skin, which would be beneficial for the photodynamic therapy of cutaneous malignant or non-malignant diseases...
- Enhancement of stability and skin permeation by sucrose stearate and cyclodextrins in progesterone nanoemulsions
University of Vienna, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmaceutics, Faculty of Life Sciences, Althanstrasse 14, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Int J Pharm 393:152-60. 2010
- Resveratrol-loaded calcium-pectinate beads: effects of formulation parameters on drug release and bead characteristics
Faculty of Science, Department of Pharmacy, National University of Singapore, Singapore
J Pharm Sci 99:840-60. 2010
..5%) and can be used for delayed release and site-specific delivery to the lower GI tract. Depending on the formulation parameters, release of resveratrol after 10 h incubation in the intestinal media was 80-100%...
- Quantitative determination of imatinib in human plasma with high-performance liquid chromatography and ultraviolet detection
Department of Pharmacy, Akita University Hospital, 1 1 1 Hondo, Akita 010 8543, Japan
J Chromatogr Sci 49:412-5. 2011
..This method can be applied effectively to measure imatinib concentrations in clinical samples...
- Polyanionic carbohydrate doxorubicin-dextran nanocomplex as a delivery system for anticancer drugs: in vitro analysis and evaluations
Nanotechnology Research Center, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Int J Nanomedicine 6:1487-96. 2011
..DOX-DS nanocomplexes may serve as a drug delivery system with efficient drug encapsulation and also may be taken into consideration in designing DOX controlled-release systems...
- Surfactant dependent toxicity of lipid nanocapsules in HaCaT cells
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Engineering, University Franche Comté, Besancon, France
Int J Pharm 411:136-41. 2011
..LNC appear to be appropriate as carrier for cutaneous delivery however toxicity can vary distinctly depending on the surfactant used for the preparation...
- Application of different methods to formulate PEG-liposomes of oxaliplatin: evaluation in vitro and in vivo
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 81:273-80. 2012
..In conclusion, the FM was the simplest method in comparison with REV and HM to develop in vivo stable and efficient PEG-coated liposomes of oxaliplatin with a loading higher than those reported for REV...
- Development and evaluation of self-microemulsifying liquid and pellet formulations of curcumin, and absorption studies in rats
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Prince of Songkla University, Songkhla, Thailand
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 76:475-85. 2010
..These studies demonstrate that the new self-microemulsifying systems in liquid and pellet forms are promising strategies for the formulation of poorly soluble lipophilic compounds with low oral bioavailability...
- Stabilization and encapsulation of recombinant human erythropoietin into PLGA microspheres using human serum albumin as a stabilizer
Hebei Normal University, Hebei Province, People s Republic of China he
Int J Pharm 416:69-76. 2011
..The results suggested that the integrity of rhEPO was successfully protected during the encapsulation process and the release period from polymeric matrices...
- A novel tropically stable oral amphotericin B formulation (iCo-010) exhibits efficacy against visceral Leishmaniasis in a murine model
Ellen K Wasan
School of Health Sciences, British Columbia Institute of Technology, Burnaby, Canada
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 4:e913. 2010
..To develop an oral formulation of amphotericin B (AmB) that is stable at the temperatures of WHO Climatic Zones 3 and 4 (30-43 °C) and to evaluate its efficacy in a murine model of visceral leishmaniasis (VL)...
- Preparation and characterization of solid lipid nanoparticles loaded with doxorubicin
Robhash Kusam Subedi
BK21 Project Team, College of Pharmacy, Chosun University, 375 Seosuk dong, Dong Gu, Gwangju 501 759, South Korea
Eur J Pharm Sci 37:508-13. 2009
..05) after 1 year of storage at 4 degrees C. In conclusion, SLN with small particle size, high EE, and relatively high DL for doxorubicin can be obtained by this method...
- Development and characterization of oral lipid-based amphotericin B formulations with enhanced drug solubility, stability and antifungal activity in rats infected with Aspergillus fumigatus or Candida albicans
Ellen K Wasan
School of Health Sciences, British Columbia Institute of Technology, 3700 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby, BC, Canada
Int J Pharm 372:76-84. 2009
- Review: physical chemistry of solid dispersions
Laboratorium voor Farmacotechnologie en Biofarmacie, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Pharm Pharmacol 61:1571-86. 2009
..Nevertheless, some issues have to be considered regarding thermodynamic instability, as well in supersaturated solutions that are formed upon dissolution as in the solid state...
- Towards heat-stable oxytocin formulations: analysis of degradation kinetics and identification of degradation products
Division of Drug Delivery Technology, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research LACDR, Leiden University, P O Box 9502, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
Pharm Res 26:1679-88. 2009
..To investigate degradation kinetics of oxytocin as a function of temperature and pH, and identify the degradation products...
- Drug delivery systems: entering the mainstream
Theresa M Allen
Department of Pharmacology, University of Alberta, Edmonton T6G 2H7, Canada
Science 303:1818-22. 2004
..Furthermore, there is considerable interest in exploiting the advantages of DDS for in vivo delivery of new drugs derived from proteomics or genomics research and for their use in ligand-targeted therapeutics...
- Oral immunization against hepatitis B using bile salt stabilized vesicles (bilosomes)
Drug Delivery Research Laboratory, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, India
J Pharm Pharm Sci 11:59-66. 2008
..Another purpose of this study was to determine the dose that could produce serum antibody titres against hepatitis B via the oral route compared to those following intramuscular immunization...
- Lung-targeting microspheres of carboplatin
West China School of Pharmacy, Sichuan University, 17, 3rd Block, Renmin South Road, Chengdu 610041, China
Int J Pharm 265:1-11. 2003
- Lipid nanocapsules: ready-to-use nanovectors for the aerosol delivery of paclitaxel
Pulmonology Department, Academic Hospital, Angers, France
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 73:239-46. 2009
..Chemical parameters, such as acidity and osmolarity, were optimised, and a storage procedure for PTX-LNC batches was set-up. Animal studies are now needed to determine the tolerance and therapeutic potential of LNC dispersion aerosols...
- Ofloxacin targeting to lungs by way of microspheres
Department of Pharmaceutics, College of Clinical Pharmacy, King Faisal University, Al Ahsa, Hufof, Saudi Arabia
Int J Pharm 380:127-32. 2009
..32 microg g(-1) ALOME found to release the drug to a maximum extent in the target tissue, lung. Histopathological studies proved the tissue compatibility of ALOME to be safe...
- Nano-sized water-in-oil-in-water emulsion enhances intestinal absorption of calcein, a high solubility and low permeability compound
Department of Clinical Pharmaceutics, Hokuriku University, Kanazawa, Japan
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 74:223-32. 2010
..These results suggested that HS-11 or Gelucire 44/14+PVA are safe outer water phase additives and that 0.1-microm pore-sized SPGs are important for preparing w/o/w emulsions that enhanced intestinal calcein absorption...
- Tamoxifen in topical liposomes: development, characterization and in-vitro evaluation
Sun Pharma Advanced Research Centre, Vadodara, Gujrat, India
J Pharm Pharm Sci 7:252-9. 2004
..With this objective, tamoxifen loaded liposomal systems have been prepared and their topical performance has been compared with non-liposomal systems containing tamoxifen...
- Amoxicillin-loaded polyethylcyanoacrylate nanoparticles: influence of PEG coating on the particle size, drug release rate and phagocytic uptake
Dipartimento di Chimica e Tecnologie Farmaceutiche, Universita di Palermo, Italy
Biomaterials 22:2857-65. 2001
..pylori by peroral administration...
- Preparation of camptothecin-loaded polymeric micelles and evaluation of their incorporation and circulation stability
Institute of Medicinal Chemistry, Hoshi University, Ebara 2 4 41, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8501, Japan
Int J Pharm 308:183-9. 2006
..This CPT-loaded micelles showed about a 17-fold lower blood clearance value than unstable micelles. The CPT-loaded micelles are potentially delivered to tumor sites owing to an extended circulation in the blood stream...
- Formation of nano/micro-dispersions with improved dissolution properties upon dispersion of ritonavir melt extrudate in aqueous media
Drug Transport and Delivery Group, Dept of Pharmacy, University of Tromsoe, N 9037 Tromsoe, Norway
Eur J Pharm Sci 40:25-32. 2010
- PEGylated nanostructured lipid carriers loaded with 10-hydroxycamptothecin: an efficient carrier with enhanced anti-tumour effects against lung cancer
School of Pharmacy, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, 103 Wenhua Road, P O Box 122, Shenyang 110016, PR China
J Pharm Pharmacol 60:1077-87. 2008
..These results suggest that PEG-NLCs is a promising delivery system for HCPT in the treatment of lung cancer...
- An overview of liposome lyophilization and its future potential
College of Pharmacy, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Wenhua Road, No 103, Shenyang, 110016, PR China
J Control Release 142:299-311. 2010
..Finally, the major areas and future potential of research on lyophilized liposomes are highlighted...
- Risk factors for improper vaccine storage and handling in private provider offices
K N Bell
Women s and Children s Center, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pediatrics 107:E100. 2001
- Formulation and in vitro evaluation of a cosmetic emulsion from almond oil
Faculty of Pharmacy and Alternative Medicine, Department of Pharmacy, The Islamia University of Bahawalpur, Bahawalpur, Pakistan
Pak J Pharm Sci 21:430-7. 2008
- Novel crystalline solid dispersion of tranilast with high photostability and improved oral bioavailability
Department of Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics and Global Center of Excellence COE Program, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, 52 1 Yada, Suruga ku, Shizuoka 422 8526, Japan
Eur J Pharm Sci 39:256-62. 2010
..According to these observations, taken together with dissolution and pharmacokinetic behaviors, crystalline solid dispersion strategy would be efficacious to enhance bioavailability of TL with high photochemical stability...
- The effect of PEG coating on in vitro cytotoxicity and in vivo disposition of topotecan loaded liposomes in rats
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Shaheed Beheshti Medical University, Tehran, Iran
Int J Pharm 353:251-9. 2008
..PEGylated liposome resulted in a 52-fold and 2-fold increases in AUC(0-infinity) compared with that of free topotecan and CL, respectively. These results indicated that PEG modified liposome might be an effective carrier for topotecan...
- Preparation of polysaccharide glassy microparticles with stabilization of proteins
Shanghai Jiaotong University, School of Pharmacy, Shanghai, 200240, China
Int J Pharm 366:154-9. 2009
- NGR-modified micelles enhance their interaction with CD13-overexpressing tumor and endothelial cells
State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing, 100191, People s Republic of China
J Control Release 139:56-62. 2009
..Therefore, it was concluded that NGR-PM could be a potential vehicle for delivering hydrophobic chemotherapeutic agents to CD13-overexpressing tumors...
- Stabilization and encapsulation of photosensitive resveratrol within yeast cell
College of Biological and Technology, Hunan Agricultural University, Changsha 410128, PR China
Int J Pharm 349:83-93. 2008
..In addition, the yeast-encapsulated resveratrol exhibited good stability, and its bioavailability was enhanced as a result of increased solubility of resveratrol and sustained releasing...
- Formulation of sirolimus eye drops and corneal permeation studies
Institute of Pharmacy, Free University of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 23:292-303. 2007
..They are not suitable to achieve therapeutic concentrations in the aqueous humour of patients with intact cornea...
- In-vitro release kinetics and stability of anticardiovascular drugs-intercalated layered double hydroxide nanohybrids
H S Panda
Department of Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, Mumbai 400076, India
J Phys Chem B 113:15090-100. 2009
- Q10-loaded NLC versus nanoemulsions: stability, rheology and in vitro skin permeation
Varaporn B Junyaprasert
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mahidol University, Thailand
Int J Pharm 377:207-14. 2009
..From in vitro permeation studies, it could be stated that the amount of Q(10) released and occlusiveness were major keys to promote the deep penetration of Q(10) into the skin...
- Recent advances in the stabilization of proteins encapsulated in injectable PLGA delivery systems
Steven P Schwendeman
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 1065, USA
Crit Rev Ther Drug Carrier Syst 19:73-98. 2002
..Described here are recent advances in the stabilization of proteins encapsulated in PLGA delivery systems...
- BCNU-loaded PEG-PLLA ultrafine fibers and their in vitro antitumor activity against Glioma C6 cells
State Key Laboratory of Polymer Physics and Chemistry, Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Changchun 130022, China
J Control Release 114:307-16. 2006
..These results strongly suggest that the BCNU/PEG-PLLA fibers have an effect of controlled release of BCNU and are suitable for postoperative chemotherapy of cancers...
- Encapsulation of proteins in biodegradable polymeric microparticles using electrospray in the Taylor cone-jet mode
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, National University of Singapore, 4 Engineering Drive 4, Singapore 117576
Biotechnol Bioeng 97:1278-90. 2007
..Findings of the present study demonstrate that this novel electrospray method is a promising approach to encapsulate bioactive materials such as proteins, enzymes, antibiotics, and DNA fragments in biodegradable polymeric particles...
- Freeze drying of peptide drugs self-associated with long-circulating, biocompatible and biodegradable sterically stabilized phospholipid nanomicelles
Sok Bee Lim
Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612 7231, USA
Int J Pharm 356:345-50. 2008
..In conclusion, we found that peptide drug-SSM interactions are conserved during lyophilization...
- Feasibility of microneedles for percutaneous absorption of insulin
Department of Pharmacokinetics, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Kyoto, Japan
Eur J Pharm Sci 29:82-8. 2006
..The wound formed by the administration of microneedle was cured at 72 h after administration. Those results suggest the usefulness of a self-dissolving microneedle for the percutaneous delivery of peptide/protein drugs like insulin...
- Beta-carotene-loaded nanostructured lipid carriers
Dept of Food Process Engineering, Technische Univ Berlin, Faculty of Process Sciences, Amrumer Str 32, 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Food Sci 73:N1-6. 2008
..Furthermore, stability of the beta-carotene in water dependent on NLC concentration and tocopherol content was measured photospectrometrically to get an estimation of the behavior of NLC in beverages...
- Camptothecin in sterically stabilized phospholipid micelles: a novel nanomedicine
Otilia M Koo
Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Nanomedicine 1:77-84. 2005
..It was the aim of this study to develop and evaluate in vitro camptothecin-containing SSM (CPT-SSM) as a novel nanomedicine for parenteral administration...
- Activity of stabilized short interfering RNA in a mouse model of hepatitis B virus replication
David V Morrissey
Sirna Therapeutics, Inc, Boulder, CO 80301, USA
Hepatology 41:1349-56. 2005
..In conclusion, these experiments establish the strong impact that siRNAs can have on the extent of HBV infection and underscore the importance of stabilization of siRNA against nuclease degradation...
- Cyclodextrins as pharmaceutical solubilizers
Marcus E Brewster
Chemical and Pharmaceutical Development, Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Janssen Pharmaceutica, Turnhoutseweg 30, B 2340 Beerse, Belgium
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 59:645-66. 2007
..This review is intended to give a general background to the use of cyclodextrin as solubilizers as well as highlight kinetic and thermodynamic tools and parameters useful in the study of drug solubilization by cyclodextrins...
- Preparation and characterization of stearic acid nanostructured lipid carriers by solvent diffusion method in an aqueous system
Fu Qiang Hu
School of Pharmaceutical Science, Zhejiang University, 353, Yanan Road, Hangzhou 310031, PR China
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 45:167-73. 2005
- Strategic approaches for overcoming peptide and protein instability within biodegradable nano- and microparticles
School of Pharmacy, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 59:375-88. 2005
..Artefacts that might occur during sampling and analytical procedures and which might hinder critical interpretation of results are discussed...
- Quantification of imatinib in human plasma by high-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Pellegrin Hospital and University Victor Segalen, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Ther Drug Monit 27:634-40. 2005
..It can be used to evaluate patient adherence to daily oral therapy, drug-drug interactions, or pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic relationships...
- Modification of composition of a nanoemulsion with different cholesteryl ester molecular species: effects on stability, peroxidation, and cell uptake
Cristina P Almeida
Lipid Metabolism Laboratory, Heart Institute InCor, Medical School Hospital, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Nanomedicine 5:679-86. 2010
..Here, it was tested whether modifications of core particle constitution could affect the characteristics and biologic properties of lipid nanoemulsions...
- Self-nanoemulsifying drug delivery systems of tamoxifen citrate: design and optimization
Yosra S R Elnaggar
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Alexandria, Alexandria, Egypt yosra
Int J Pharm 380:133-41. 2009
..Realizing drug incorporation into an optimized nano-sized SNEDD system that encompasses a bioactive surfactant, our results proposed that the prepared system could be promising to improve oral efficacy of the tamoxifen citrate...
- Liposomes containing glycocholate as potential oral insulin delivery systems: preparation, in vitro characterization, and improved protection against enzymatic degradation
School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Int J Nanomedicine 6:1155-66. 2011
..The present study aimed to develop a liposomal delivery system containing glycocholate as an enzyme inhibitor and permeation enhancer for oral insulin delivery...
- Cholesterol as a bilayer anchor for PEGylation and targeting ligand in folate-receptor-targeted liposomes
Xiaobin B Zhao
Division of Pharmaceutics, NCI OSU Comprehensive Cancer Center, NSF Nanoscales Science and Engineering Center NSEC, College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University, 542 LM Parks Hall, 500 W 12th Ave, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Pharm Sci 96:2424-35. 2007
..In addition, in vivo circulation of cholesterol-anchored liposomes was prolonged compared to non-PEGylated liposomes. These studies suggest that cholesterol is a viable bilayer anchor for synthesis of PEGylated and FR-targeted liposomes...
- A novel Doxorubicin prodrug with controllable photolysis activation for cancer chemotherapy
Department of Bioengineering, Moores Cancer Center, University of California San Diego, 3855 Health Sciences Dr 0815, La Jolla, California 92093 0815, USA
Pharm Res 27:1848-60. 2010
..The purpose of this study was to develop a controllably activatable chemotherapy prodrug of DOX created by blocking its free amine group with a biotinylated photocleavable blocking group (PCB)...
- Nanoscale thermal analysis of pharmaceutical solid dispersions
Molecular Profiles Ltd, 8 Orchard Place, Nottingham Business Park, Nottingham, UK
Int J Pharm 380:170-3. 2009
..and detecting the state of the drug inside such a polymer matrix is critically important since issues such as drug stability, safety and efficacy can be greatly affected...
- Preparation and in vitro characterization of 9-nitrocamptothecin-loaded long circulating nanoparticles for delivery in cancer patients
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Medical Science, Kermanshah 67145 1673, Iran
Int J Nanomedicine 5:463-71. 2010
..These experimental results indicate that PLGA-PEG-NPs (versus PLGA-NPs) have a better physicochemical characterization and can be developed as a drug carrier in order to treat different malignancies...
- Protect from light: photodegradation and protein biologics
Bruce A Kerwin
Department of Protein Pharmaceutics, Amgen, Inc, One Amgen Center Drive, Thousand Oaks, California 91320, USA
J Pharm Sci 96:1468-79. 2007
..It is our intent to spur additional research in this area for increasing the safety and effectiveness of biopharmaceutical products...
- Effect of resveratrol incorporated in liposomes on proliferation and UV-B protection of cells
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Int J Pharm 363:183-91. 2008
- Pluronic block copolymers in drug delivery: from micellar nanocontainers to biological response modifiers
Alexander V Kabanov
College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha 68198 6025, USA
Crit Rev Ther Drug Carrier Syst 19:1-72. 2002
..Finally, Pluronic formulations were shown to enhance transgene expression in the body. This opens new possibilities for the use of Pluronic in gene therapies...