Genomes and Genes
Summary: Immunologic techniques based on the use of: (1) enzyme-antibody conjugates; (2) enzyme-antigen conjugates; (3) antienzyme antibody followed by its homologous enzyme; or (4) enzyme-antienzyme complexes. These are used histologically for visualizing or labeling tissue specimens.
Publications334 found, 100 shown here
- Quantitative detection of increasing HIV type 1 antibodies after seroconversion: a simple assay for detecting recent HIV infection and estimating incidenceBharat S Parekh
Division of AIDS, STD, TB Laboratory Research, and Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 18:295-307. 2002..This assay should be useful for detecting recent HIV-1 infection and for estimating incidence among diverse HIV-1 subtypes worldwide...
- Performance characteristics of the immunoglobulin G-capture BED-enzyme immunoassay, an assay to detect recent human immunodeficiency virus type 1 seroconversionTrudy Dobbs
HIV Immunology and Diagnostics Branch, Mailstop D12, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Rd, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Clin Microbiol 42:2623-8. 2004..This information provides baseline data for the successful transfer of BED-CEIA to other laboratories and the use of BED-CEIA for the detection of recent HIV seroconversion and the calculation of incidence estimates worldwide...
- Snail, Slug, and Smad-interacting protein 1 as novel parameters of disease aggressiveness in metastatic ovarian and breast carcinomaSivan Elloul
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
Cancer 103:1631-43. 2005..For the current study, the authors analyzed the relation between the expression of Snail, Slug, and Sip1; the expression of MMP-2 and E-cadherin; and clinical parameters in patients with metastatic ovarian and breast carcinoma...
- Determination of mean recency period for estimation of HIV type 1 Incidence with the BED-capture EIA in persons infected with diverse subtypesBharat S Parekh
Division of Global AIDS Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 27:265-73. 2011..The determination of ω with more data and new methodology suggests that ω of the BED-CEIA varies between different subtypes and/or populations. These estimates for ω may affect incidence estimates in various studies...
- Gene expression profiling of breast cell lines identifies potential new basal markersE Charafe-Jauffret
Marseille Cancer Institute, Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Inserm Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Oncogene 25:2273-84. 2006....
- Dynamics of HIV viremia and antibody seroconversion in plasma donors: implications for diagnosis and staging of primary HIV infectionEberhard W Fiebig
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
AIDS 17:1871-9. 2003..The characterization of primary HIV infection by the analysis of serial plasma samples from newly infected persons using multiple standard viral assays...
- Overexpression of hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha is associated with an unfavorable prognosis in lymph node-positive breast cancerMonika Schindl
Institute of Clinical Pathology, Department of Surgery, University of Vienna Medical School, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Clin Cancer Res 8:1831-7. 2002..The aim of this study was to determine the prognostic influence of HIF-1alpha expression in patients with advanced-stage breast cancer, evident by positive lymph nodes...
- High syndecan-1 expression in breast carcinoma is related to an aggressive phenotype and to poorer prognosisMattia Barbareschi
Department of Pathology, Santa Chiara Hospital, Trento, Italy
Cancer 98:474-83. 2003..Syndecan-1 is a transmembrane heparan sulphate proteoglycan that is involved in cell-cell adhesion, organization of cell-matrix adhesion, and regulation of growth factor signaling...
- Basal-like breast cancer defined by five biomarkers has superior prognostic value than triple-negative phenotypeMaggie C U Cheang
Genetic Pathology Evaluation Centre, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, British Columbia Cancer Agency, and University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 14:1368-76. 2008..This study directly compares the prognostic significance between three- and five-biomarker surrogate panels to define intrinsic breast cancer subtypes, using a large clinically annotated series of breast tumors...
- Rab25 and CLIC3 collaborate to promote integrin recycling from late endosomes/lysosomes and drive cancer progressionMarta A Dozynkiewicz
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Garscube Estate, Glasgow G61 1BD, UK
Dev Cell 22:131-45. 2012..The identification of CLIC3 as a regulator of a recycling pathway and as an independent prognostic indicator in PDAC highlights the importance of active integrin trafficking as a potential drive to cancer progression in vivo...
- Temsirolimus inhibits malignant pleural mesothelioma growth in vitro and in vivo: synergism with chemotherapyMir Alireza Hoda
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Thorac Oncol 6:852-63. 2011..Here, we investigated the feasibility of mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) inhibition by temsirolimus as an antimesothelioma strategy...
- Peptidylarginine deiminase modulates the physiological roles of enolase via citrullination: links between altered multifunction of enolase and neurodegenerative diseasesByungki Jang
Ilsong Institute of Life Science, Hallym University, 1605 4 Gwanyang dong, Dongan Gu, Anyang, Gyeonggi do 432 060, Republic of Korea
Biochem J 445:183-92. 2012..These findings suggest that PAD-mediated citrullination regulates the diverse physiological activities of enolase and that CE may be a candidate diagnostic/prognostic factor for degenerative diseases...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor overexpression in malignant pleural mesothelioma: prognostic correlationsOttavio Rena
Thoracic Surgery Unit, University of Eastern Piedmont, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Maggiore della Carita, C so Mazzini, 18, Novara, Italy
J Surg Oncol 104:701-5. 2011..To evaluate epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) phenotypic expression and related gene status in malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM) and to correlate the results with patients' prognosis...
- Expression of hedgehog pathway components is associated with bladder cancer progression and clinical outcomeHui Chan He
Department of Urology, Guangzhou First Municipal People s Hospital, Guangzhou Medical College, Guangzhou, 510180, China
Pathol Oncol Res 18:349-55. 2012..Expression of Shh, Ptch1 and Gli1 proteins was greater in bladder cancers than in the adjacent normal tissues. The examination of their expression is potentially valuable in prognostic evaluation of bladder cancer...
- Prognostic relevance of Bmi-1 expression and autoantibodies in esophageal squamous cell carcinomaWan li Liu
Department of Experimental Research, Sun Yat sen University Cancer Center, Guangzhou, China
BMC Cancer 10:467. 2010..The objective of this study was to determine the level of Bmi-1 expression or its autoantibodies in human esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC) and to correlate it with clinicopathologic data...
- Prognostic value of HMGB1 overexpression in resectable gastric adenocarcinomasGuoqiang Bao
Department of General Surgery, Tangdu Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710038, China
World J Surg Oncol 8:52. 2010..In the present study, HMGB1 overexpression and its correlation with the clinicopathologic characteristics and recurrence-free survival were evaluated in gastric adenocarcinomas...
- Detection of recent HIV-1 infection using a new limiting-antigen avidity assay: potential for HIV-1 incidence estimates and avidity maturation studiesYen T Duong
Division of Global HIV AIDS, Center for Global Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e33328. 2012..We previously described a single-well limiting-antigen avidity enzyme immunoassay (LAg-Avidity EIA) to detect recent HIV-1 infection...
- The selective hypoxia inducible factor-1 inhibitor PX-478 provides in vivo radiosensitization through tumor stromal effectsDavid L Schwartz
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Unit 97, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 8:947-58. 2009..Successful translation of targeted HIF-1 radiosensitization to the clinical setting will require specific consideration of tumor microenvironmental effects and mechanisms...
- Prevalence of primary versus reactivated Epstein-Barr virus infection in patients with VCA IgG-, VCA IgM- and EBNA-1-antibodies and suspected infectious mononucleosisTone Wikene Nystad
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, The Gade Institute, Haukeland University Hospital, N 5021 Bergen, Norway
J Clin Virol 38:292-7. 2007....
- Spatial and temporal circulation of dengue virus serotypes: a prospective study of primary school children in Kamphaeng Phet, ThailandTimothy P Endy
Department of Virology, United States Army Medical Component, Armed Forces Research Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangkok, Thailand
Am J Epidemiol 156:52-9. 2002..The authors' findings emphasize the complexity of dengue serotype-specific virus transmission and severe dengue disease and have important implications for dengue control and vaccine development...
- Development of two avidity-based assays to detect recent HIV type 1 seroconversion using a multisubtype gp41 recombinant proteinXierong Wei
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 26:61-71. 2010..The new avidity-based assays using rIDR-M antigen may improve the accuracy of detecting recent HIV-1 infection and allow a better estimation of incidence in diverse HIV-1 subtypes...
- Early recurrence of benign meningioma correlates with expression of mini-chromosome maintenance-2 proteinD P J Hunt
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, UK
Br J Neurosurg 16:10-5. 2002..In conclusion, these results suggest that analysis of Mcm2 expression may facilitate identification of patients with a high risk of meningioma recurrence, for whom adjuvant radiotherapy may be of benefit...
- Aberrant expression of SWI/SNF catalytic subunits BRG1/BRM is associated with tumor development and increased invasiveness in prostate cancersAijing Sun
Department of Pathology, Shaoxing People s Hospital, First Affiliated Hospital of Shaoxing University, Shaoxing, Zhejiang, China
Prostate 67:203-13. 2007..Brahma gene (BRM) and Brahma-related gene 1 (BRG1) are major components with ATPase enzymatic activities in the nucleosome remodeling SWI/SNF complex, and their expression pattern in human prostate cancers is unknown...
- Association of CXCR4 and CCR7 chemokine receptor expression and lymph node metastasis in human cervical cancerJ Kodama
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama, Japan, and Inner Mongolia Agriculture University Hospital, Huhehaote, China
Ann Oncol 18:70-6. 2007..The chemokine receptors CXCR4 and CCR7 have been suggested to play an important role in cancer invasion and metastasis. The expression of these receptors in human cervical cancer, however, has seldom been characterized...
- Relation of hypoxia inducible factor 1 alpha and 2 alpha in operable non-small cell lung cancer to angiogenic/molecular profile of tumours and survivalA Giatromanolaki
Department of Pathology, Democritus University of Thrace, P O Box 128, Alexandroupolis 68100, Greece
Br J Cancer 85:881-90. 2001..Targeting the HIF pathway may prove of importance in the treatment of NSCLC...
- CIP2A is overexpressed in non-small cell lung cancer and correlates with poor prognosisQian Ze Dong
Department of Pathology, The First Affiliated Hospital and College of Basic Medical Sciences of China Medical University, Shenyang, China
Ann Surg Oncol 18:857-65. 2011..Cancerous inhibitor of protein phosphatase 2A (CIP2A) is an oncoprotein inhibiting proteolytic degradation of c-MYC. In this study, we investigated the clinical relevance of CIP2A in NSCLC...
- Localization of D-beta-aspartic acid-containing proteins in human eyesYuichi Kaji
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Tsukuba, Institute of Clinical Medicine, Ibaraki, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:3923-7. 2007..To reveal the role of the D-beta-Asp formation in the aging process of eyes, immunohistochemical localization of D-beta-Asp was investigated in ocular samples of various ages...
- New testing strategy to detect early HIV-1 infection for use in incidence estimates and for clinical and prevention purposesR S Janssen
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
JAMA 280:42-8. 1998..Differentiating individuals with early human immunodeficiency virus 1 (HIV-1) infection from those infected for longer periods is difficult but important for estimating HIV incidence and for purposes of clinical care and prevention...
- Prognostic value of biomarkers in malignant melanomaM Hernberg
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Helsinki, Finland
Melanoma Res 8:283-91. 1998..Our findings suggest that Ki-67 and bcl-2 may be useful for predicting the prognosis of melanoma patients. Mdm-2 is a new but promising marker in melanoma and deserves further evaluation...
- MMPs, IL-1, and TNF are regulated by IL-17 in periodontitisA Beklen
Department of Medicine Invärtes Medicin, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
J Dent Res 86:347-51. 2007..Gingival fibroblasts may play an important role in tissue destruction in periodontitis via cytokine-inducible MMP-1 and MMP-3 production, in which IL-17 plays a role as a key regulatory cytokine...
- Sensitive ELISA detection of amyloid-beta protofibrils in biological samplesHillevi Englund
Department of Public Health Molecular Geriatrics, Rudbeck Laboratory, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
J Neurochem 103:334-45. 2007..This assay provides a novel tool for investigating the role of Abeta protofibrils in AD and has the potential of becoming an important diagnostic assay...
- Dating of human bocavirus infection with protein-denaturing IgG-avidity assays-Secondary immune activations are ubiquitous in immunocompetent adultsLea Hedman
Department of Virology, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, PO Box 21, FIN 00014 Helsinki, Finland
J Clin Virol 48:44-8. 2010..Human bocavirus (HBoV) is a widespread human parvovirus causing acute respiratory illness in young children. The HBoV primary infections are viremic and can be diagnosed serologically...
- Angiogenesis in pterygium: morphometric and immunohistochemical studyArie L Marcovich
Department of Ophthalmology, Kaplan Medical Center, Rehovot, Israel
Curr Eye Res 25:17-22. 2002..To evaluate the role of angiogenesis in the pathogenesis of pterygium by comparing the expression of von-Willebrand factor (vWF) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in pterygium, and in normal superior bulbar conjunctiva...
- Clinical significance of BMP7 in human colorectal cancerKazuo Motoyama
Department of Molecular and Surgical Oncology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, 4546 Tsurumibaru, Beppu, 874 0838, Japan
Ann Surg Oncol 15:1530-7. 2008....
- Co-expression of nuclear and cytoplasmic HMGB1 is inversely associated with infiltration of CD45RO+ T cells and prognosis in patients with stage IIIB colon cancerRui Qing Peng
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, 651 Dongfeng R E, 510060 Guangzhou, China
BMC Cancer 10:496. 2010..This study examined whether high-mobility group box 1 (HMGB1), a damage-associated molecular pattern (DAMP) molecule, is involved in the infiltration of T cells and disease progression in locally advanced colon cancer...
- Low expression of claudin-4 is associated with poor prognosis in esophageal squamous cell carcinomaChang Ohk Sung
Department of Pathology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Ann Surg Oncol 18:273-81. 2011..However, the prognostic significance of claudin-4 expression in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC) remains to be clarified...
- Subtyping of undifferentiated non-small cell carcinomas in bronchial biopsy specimensPeh Sun Loo
Department of Pathology, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
J Thorac Oncol 5:442-7. 2010..Histochemical staining for mucin and immunohistochemical (IHC) identification of NSCLC subtype-associated markers could help predict the final subtype of resected NSCLCs diagnosed as NSCLC-NOS on preoperative bronchial biopsy samples...
- Decreased expression of updated NESG1 in nasopharyngeal carcinoma: its potential role and preliminarily functional mechanismZhen Liu
Cancer Research Institute, Southern Medical University, Guangdong Province, China
Int J Cancer 128:2562-71. 2011..Our findings first provided evidence that NESG1 may act as a tumor suppressor by inhibiting cell proliferation, invasion and migration of NPC cells...
- First international consensus on the methodology of lymphangiogenesis quantification in solid human tumoursI Van der Auwera
Translational Cancer Research Group Antwerp, Laboratory of Pathology, University of Antwerp University Hospital Antwerp, Edegem 2650, Belgium
Br J Cancer 95:1611-25. 2006..With this consensus report, we therefore would like to initiate discussion on the standardisation of the immunohistochemical method for lymphangiogenesis assessment...
- Expression of epidermal growth factor receptor in esophageal and esophagogastric junction adenocarcinomas: association with poor outcomeKim L Wang
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Cancer 109:658-67. 2007..It is not known whether EGFR plays a similar role in esophageal and EGJ adenocarcinomas...
- Lateral habenula projections to dopamine and GABA neurons in the rat ventral tegmental areaNatalia Omelchenko
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Eur J Neurosci 30:1239-50. 2009..Moreover, the LHb may mediate a direct excitation of DA cells that is over-ridden by indirect inhibition originating from an extrinsic source...
- Use of laboratory tests and clinical symptoms for identification of primary HIV infectionFrederick M Hecht
Positive Health Program HIV Section at San Francisco General Hospital, tUniversity of California at San Francisco, 94110, USA
AIDS 16:1119-29. 2002..To determine the sensitivity and specificity of symptoms, three HIV-1 RNA assays, a p24 antigen EIA and a third-generation enzyme immunoassay (EIA) antibody test for diagnosis of primary HIV infection (PHI)...
- Transmission of occult hepatitis B virus by transfusion to adult and pediatric recipients in TaiwanChun Jen Liu
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital and National Taiwan University College of Medicine, 1 Chang Te Street, Taipei 100, Taiwan
J Hepatol 44:39-46. 2006..To address this, we investigated the incidence of post-transfusion HBV infection after receiving screened blood units in Taiwan...
- Improved HIV-1 incidence estimates using the BED capture enzyme immunoassayJohn W Hargrove
ZVITAMBO Project, Harare, Zimbabwe
AIDS 22:511-8. 2008..To validate the BED capture enzyme immunoassay for HIV-1 subtype C and to derive adjustments facilitating estimation of HIV-1 incidence from cross-sectional surveys...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor expression in stage I non-small cell lung cancer correlates with neoangiogenesis and a poor prognosisH Han
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 8:72-9. 2001..Adjuvant therapies aimed at retarding tumor angiogenesis may be considered for stage I NSCLC patients with high VEGF levels...
- Effects of low HIV type 1 load and antiretroviral treatment on IgG-capture BED-enzyme immunoassayTsunefusa Hayashida
AIDS Clinical Center, International Medical Center of Japan, Tokyo, Japan
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 24:495-8. 2008..Those on antiretroviral treatment should be excluded from BED-CEIA testing to improve the predictive value of detecting recent infections...
- Evaluation of HER-2/neu gene amplification and overexpression: comparison of frequently used assay methods in a molecularly characterized cohort of breast cancer specimensMichael F Press
Breast Cancer Research Program of the Lee Breast Center, Department of Pathology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:3095-105. 2002..To compare and evaluate HER-2/neu clinical assay methods...
- Cancer-associated fibroblasts are positively correlated with metastatic potential of human gastric cancersKangkang Zhi
Department of General Surgery, the Second Military Medical University affiliated Changhai hospital, Shanghai 200433, China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 29:66. 2010..Thus raises the hypothesis that the extent of CAFs prevalence may help to establish the prognosis of gastric cancer patients...
- Characterization of Treponema pallidum particle agglutination assay-negative sera following screening by treponemal total antibody enzyme immunoassaysP A C Maple
Health Protection Agency Birmingham, West Midlands Public Health Laboratory, Heart of England Foundation Trust, Bordesley Green East, Birmingham B9 5SS, United Kingdom
Clin Vaccine Immunol 17:1718-22. 2010..The reason why certain sera are negative by TPPA but reactive by treponemal EIA and other syphilis confirmatory assays is not clear, and these initial findings should be further explored...
- Increased expression of toll-like receptors (TLR) 2, 4 and 5 in gastric dysplasiaPedro Pimentel-Nunes
Department of Physiology, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
Pathol Oncol Res 17:677-83. 2011..Gastric dysplasia presents a high level of TLRs expression, suggesting that these receptors may play a role in adenocarcinoma development...
- Clinical recognition and diagnosis of Clostridium difficile infectionJohn G Bartlett
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Clin Infect Dis 46:S12-8. 2008..Often overlooked aspects of this diagnosis are high white blood cell counts (which are sometimes in the leukemoid range) and hypoalbuminemia...
- Evaluation of a sensitive/less sensitive testing algorithm using the bioMérieux Vironostika-LS assay for detecting recent HIV-1 subtype B' or E infection in ThailandCarrie L Young
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 19:481-6. 2003....
- Establishment and characterization of a new hypoxia-resistant cancer cell line, OCUM-12/Hypo, derived from a scirrhous gastric carcinomaY Kato
Department of Surgical Oncology, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 4 3 Asahi machi, Abeno Ku, Osaka, Japan
Br J Cancer 102:898-907. 2010..However, the mechanisms by which hypoxia affects the aggressive phenotypes remain unclear...
- Expression of TRAIL and TRAIL receptors in colon carcinoma: TRAIL-R1 is an independent prognostic parameterJorn Strater
Department of Pathology, University of Ulm, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 8:3734-40. 2002..We examined the expression of TRAIL and its receptors in normal and neoplastic colon epithelium, and studied its correlation with prognosis in colon cancer...
- Significantly diminished long-term specificity of the BED capture enzyme immunoassay among patients with HIV-1 with very low CD4 counts and those on antiretroviral therapyEdmore T Marinda
School of Public Health, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 53:496-9. 2010..To estimate the proportion who test as recent infections by the BED capture enzyme immunoassay (BED) among patients about to commence, and those receiving, antiretroviral therapy...
- Evaluation of HER2 protein expression in gastric carcinomas: comparative analysis of 1,414 cases of whole-tissue sections and 595 cases of tissue microarraysKab Choong Kim
Department of Surgery, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Ann Surg Oncol 18:2833-40. 2011..Although the clinical relevance and prognostic significance of HER2 in breast cancer has been well acknowledged, it remains controversial in GC...
- Polycystin-2 and phosphodiesterase 4C are components of a ciliary A-kinase anchoring protein complex that is disrupted in cystic kidney diseasesYun Hee Choi
Department of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:10679-84. 2011....
- Reliability of tissue microarrays in detecting protein expression and gene amplification in breast cancerDaohai Zhang
Molecular Diagnosis Centre, National University Hospital, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Mod Pathol 16:79-84. 2003....
- High expression of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase in the tumour is associated with medullary features and favourable outcome in basal-like breast carcinomaJocelyne Jacquemier
Département d Oncologie Moléculaire, Centre de Recherche en Cancerologie de Marseille, INSERM UMR89, IFR137, Marseille, France
Int J Cancer 130:96-104. 2012..0024). In conclusion, high IDO expression is associated with morphological medullary features and has an independent favourable prognostic value in BLBC...
- Plasma cell membrane localization of c-MET predicts longer survival in patients with malignant mesothelioma: a series of 157 cases from the MESOPATH GroupGuénaëlle Levallet
MESOPATH Center, Caen, France
J Thorac Oncol 7:599-606. 2012....
- Routine laboratory screening for acute and recent HIV infection in Lima, PeruJesse L Clark
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases and Program in Global Health, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Sex Transm Infect 86:545-7. 2010..Before implementing screening programmes for acute HIV infection in developing countries, key issues, including cost, feasibility and public health impact, must be determined...
- Mesothelin overexpression promotes mesothelioma cell invasion and MMP-9 secretion in an orthotopic mouse model and in epithelioid pleural mesothelioma patientsElliot L Servais
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:2478-89. 2012..The biologic function of MSLN overexpression in MPM is unknown. We hypothesized that MSLN may promote tumor invasion in MPM, a tumor characterized primarily by regional aggressiveness and rare distant metastases...
- European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID): data review and recommendations for diagnosing Clostridium difficile-infection (CDI)M J T Crobach
Department of Medical Microbiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Clin Microbiol Infect 15:1053-66. 2009..This approach resulted in non-significant improvements, and emphasizes the need for better diagnostic tests. Further studies to validate the applicability of two-step testing, including assessment of clinical features, are required...
- Prognostic value of hedgehog signaling pathway in patients with colon cancerMeihua Xu
Department of Gastroenterology, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410008, China
Med Oncol 29:1010-6. 2012..This is the first report describing about the relationship between hedgehog signaling pathway and the prognosis of colon cancer...
- Wnt5a signaling directly affects cell motility and invasion of metastatic melanomaAshani T Weeraratna
National Human Genome Research Institute, Cancer Genetics Branch, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cancer Cell 1:279-88. 2002..Furthermore, Wnt5a expression in human melanoma biopsies directly correlated to increasing tumor grade. These observations support a role for Wnt5a in human melanoma progression...
- Immunohistochemical profiling based on Bcl-2, CD10 and MUM1 expression improves risk stratification in patients with primary nodal diffuse large B cell lymphomaJ J F Muris
Department of Pathology, VU Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Pathol 208:714-23. 2006..Its predictive power is stronger than previously published algorithms based on only GCB/ABC- or apoptosis-regulating proteins...
- Evaluation of enzyme immunoassay techniques for diagnosis of the most common intestinal protozoa in fecal samplesMaha R Gaafar
Parasitology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt
Int J Infect Dis 15:e541-4. 2011....
- Prognostic significance of CD151 expression in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma with aggressive cell proliferation and invasivenessShigemasa Suzuki
Department of General Surgical Science, Gunma University, Graduate School of Medicine, Maebashi, Gunma, Japan
Ann Surg Oncol 18:888-93. 2011..The purpose of this study was to clarify the clinicopathological outcome and prognostic significance of the immunohistochemical expression of CD151 in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC)...
- BAG-1 enhances cell-cell adhesion, reduces proliferation and induces chaperone-independent suppression of hepatocyte growth factor-induced epidermal keratinocyte migrationC A M Hinitt
Oral and Dental Science, University of Bristol, Lower Maudlin Street, Bristol, BS1 2LY, UK
Exp Cell Res 316:2042-60. 2010..These findings are the first to suggest that BAG-1 plays a role in regulating cell-cell adhesion and suggest an important function in epidermal cohesion...
- Prognostic value of cyclin B1 in patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinomaShinsuke Takeno
Departments of Surgery II, Oita Medical University, Hasama machi, Oita, Japan
Cancer 94:2874-81. 2002..The objective of the current study was to clarify the role of the cell cycle regulators, cyclin B1 and p53, in patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC)...
- Basal cell carcinoma of the prostate: unusual subtype of prostatic carcinomaKazumasa Komura
Department of Urology, Osaka Medical College, 2 7 Daigaku machi, Takatsuki, Osaka 569 8686, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 15:594-600. 2010..Our findings reveal that tumors with a basaloid cell-predominant pattern have significant potential for a poor prognosis, in contrast with the conventional understanding regarding this neoplasm...
- Global levels of histone modifications predict prognosis in different cancersDavid B Seligson
Departments of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Human Genetics, David GeffenSchool of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 1737, USA
Am J Pathol 174:1619-28. 2009....
- Sec24b selectively sorts Vangl2 to regulate planar cell polarity during neural tube closureJanna Merte
The Solomon H Snyder Department of Neuroscience and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Nat Cell Biol 12:41-6; sup pp 1-8. 2010..Thus, during COPII vesicle formation, Sec24b shows cargo specificity for a core PCP component, Vangl2, of which proper ER-to-Golgi transport is essential for the establishment of PCP, convergent extension and closure of the neural tube...
- HYAL1 overexpression is correlated with the malignant behavior of human breast cancerJin xiang Tan
Department of Endocrine Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, China
Int J Cancer 128:1303-15. 2011..Further studies showed that the HYAL1, HYAL2 and HA were elevated in breast cancer, and HYAL1 could downregulate HA expression. In conclusion, HYAL1 may be a potential prognostic marker and therapeutic target in breast cancer...
- Prognostic value of ERCC1, thymidylate synthase, and glutathione S-transferase pi for 5-FU/oxaliplatin chemotherapy in advanced colorectal cancerSung Hyun Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Dong A University College of Medicine, Busan, South Korea
Am J Clin Oncol 32:38-43. 2009....
- Mitogen-actived protein kinase activation is an early event in melanoma progressionCynthia Cohen
Department of Pathology, Public Health, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Clin Cancer Res 8:3728-33. 2002..Because of these findings, we wanted to assess the role of MAPK signaling in melanoma progression and angiogenesis...
- Overexpression of epidermal growth factor and hepatocyte growth factor receptors in a proportion of gastrinomas correlates with aggressive growth and lower curabilityPaolo L Peghini
Digestive Diseases Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Clin Cancer Res 8:2273-85. 2002..Whether this is true of neuroendocrine tumors such as gastrinomas is unclear...
- Tumor suppressor function of Rab25 in triple-negative breast cancerJi Ming Cheng
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine and SimmonsCooper Cancer Institute at SIU, Springfield, IL 62794 9678, USA
Int J Cancer 126:2799-812. 2010..These findings suggest that Rab25 represents a novel class of cellular modulators that can influence both tumor initiation and the progression of the established tumors, thus ultimately affecting the biology of the malignant disease...
- Expression of CD133 correlates with differentiation of human colon cancer cellsHai liang Feng
Department of Pathology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Cancer Biol Ther 9:216-23. 2010..Care must be taken if CD133 is used as the only marker of cancer stem cells in colon cancer, especially in established cell lines. CD133 negatively correlates with cell differentiation, but it is not a regulator of differentiation...
- Prevalence of IgG antibodies specific to Toxoplasma gondii among blood donors in Recife, Northeast BrazilRaquel A L Coêlho
Laboratório de Imunopatologia Keizo Asami and Departamento de Bioquímica, Unviersidade Federal de Pernambuco, Recife, PE, Brasil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 45:229-31. 2003..4%). This percentage increases with age, ranging from 18.2% to 92.6% for individuals aging under 20 and 40-50 years old, respectively. For women of childbearing age (18-40 years) it was found a prevalence of 51.6%...
- TLR9 expression in glioma tissues correlated to glioma progression and the prognosis of GBM patientsChao Wang
Department of Neurosurgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang, China
BMC Cancer 10:415. 2010....
- Expression and co-expression of the members of the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) family in invasive breast carcinomaD M Abd El-Rehim
Department of Histopathology, The Breast Unit, Nottingham City Hospital NHS Trust and University of Nottingham, Hucknall Road, Nottingham NG5 1PB, UK
Br J Cancer 91:1532-42. 2004..These data imply that the combined profile expression patterns of the four receptor family members together provide more accurate information on the tumour behaviour than studying the expression of each receptor individually...
- Evaluation of seven oestrogen receptor beta antibodies for immunohistochemistry, western blotting, and flow cytometry in human breast tissueG P Skliris
Molecular Medicine Unit, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
J Pathol 197:155-62. 2002..However, there is considerable variation between the specificity and application of these antibodies, highlighting the fact that careful optimization is required when selecting an antibody for use in a particular laboratory technique...
- Histopathological and lymphangiogenic parameters in relation to lymph node metastasis in early stage oral squamous cell carcinomaGary Warburton
Oral Infection and Immunity Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 4532, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 65:475-84. 2007..In this study, we assess various clinical, histopathological and lymphangiogenic parameters in early stage oral SCC and their association with DNM...
- Disturbed synthesis of type II collagen interferes with rate of bone formation and growth and increases bone resorption in transgenic miceJyrki Nieminen
COXA Hospital for Joint Replacement, PO Box 652, FIN 33101 Tampere, Finland
Calcif Tissue Int 82:229-37. 2008..This led to a negative net bone balance and small bone size. The results support the idea that an altered synthesis of cartilage-specific molecule(s) can disturb postnatal bone development and growth...
- S-100B concentrations predict disease-free survival in stage III melanoma patientsS Kruijff
Division of Surgical Oncology, University Medical Centre Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Ann Surg Oncol 16:3455-62. 2009..Elevation of the tumor marker S-100B in melanoma patients is a highly specific indicator of recurrence...
- Comparison of different enzyme-immunoassays for assessment of adrenocortical activity in primates based on fecal analysisM Heistermann
Department of Reproductive Biology, German Primate Center, Gottingen, Germany
Am J Primatol 68:257-73. 2006..Nevertheless, regardless of which GC antibody is chosen, our study clearly reinforces the necessity of appropriately validating the respective assay system before it is used...
- Waning antibodies in measles and rubella vaccinees--a longitudinal studyJacques R Kremer
Institute of Immunology and WHO Collaborative Centre for Measles and WHO European Regional Reference Laboratory for Measles and Rubella, Laboratoire National de Santé, 20A, rue Auguste Lumiere, L 1011, Luxembourg
Vaccine 24:2594-601. 2006..However, as a result of a more rapid decay of high-titre (> 1500 mIU) antibodies (-2.4%/year), many vaccinees may eventually become susceptible to vaccine-modified measles (VMM) and consequently complicate measles control strategies...
- Heparanase expression in circulating lymphocytes of breast cancer patients depends on the presence of the primary tumor and/or systemic metastasisThérèse Rachell Theodoro
Departamento de Bioquimica, Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Neoplasia 9:504-10. 2007..The results suggest that there is a tumor-inducing effect on heparanase expression by lymphocytes present in the PBMCs of breast cancer patients, which depends, in turn, on the interaction between a tumor and normal lymphocytes...
- Prognostic significance of vascular endothelial growth factor-C expression and lymphatic vessel density in supraglottic squamous cell carcinomaSeung Kuk Baek
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Laryngoscope 119:1325-30. 2009..The aim of this study is to identify the prognostic significance of vascular endothelial growth factor-C (VEGF-C) expression and lymphatic vessel density (LVD) in supraglottic cancer...
- Pulmonary sclerosing hemangioma consistently expresses thyroid transcription factor-1 (TTF-1): a new clue to its histogenesisA C Chan
Department of Pathology, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Hong Kong
Am J Surg Pathol 24:1531-6. 2000..These results suggest that pulmonary sclerosing hemangioma is an epithelial neoplasm derived from primitive respiratory epithelium or incompletely differentiated type II pneumocyte or Clara cell...
- Microwave decalcification of human temporal bonesC D Cunningham
Department of Otolaryngology--Head and Neck Surgery, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
Laryngoscope 111:278-82. 2001..Decalcification time is significantly reduced with no apparent adverse effects on structural preservation or antigenicity...
- Augmented expression of secondary lymphoid tissue chemokine and EBI1 ligand chemokine in Crohn's diseaseD Kawashima
Department of Gastroenterology, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 4 3, Asahi machi, Abeno Ku, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
J Clin Pathol 58:1057-63. 2005..SLC/CCL21 and ELC/CCL19, chemokines that regulate T cell homing and promote recirculating T and dendritic cell (DC) interactions, help control antigen specific T cell responses...
- Beta-catenin accumulation and gene mutation in exon 3 in dedifferentiated liposarcoma and malignant fibrous histiocytomaAkio Sakamoto
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Arch Pathol Lab Med 126:1071-8. 2002..beta-Catenin is an adhesion molecule that also plays a role in the Wnt signaling pathway. Objective.-To analyze beta-catenin mutation and accumulation in a series of liposarcomas and malignant fibrous histiocytomas...
- Fibroblast activation protein: purification, epitope mapping and induction by growth factorsW J Rettig
Program of Immunology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021
Int J Cancer 58:385-92. 1994..FAP and CD26 may belong to a family of structurally related but functionally distinct activation proteins that are expressed on different cell types and show unique modes of regulation in normal and malignant cells...
- Expression of Cdx2 and hepatocyte antigen in gastric carcinoma: correlation with histologic type and implications for prognosisZhaoqing Fan
Department of Surgery, Peking University School of Oncology and Beijing Cancer Hospital, Beijing, PR China
Clin Cancer Res 11:6162-70. 2005....
- Rapid human immunodeficiency virus-1 testing on labor and delivery in 17 US hospitals: the MIRIAD experienceDenise J Jamieson
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 197:S72-82. 2007..Routine rapid testing during labor provides a feasible, acceptable, and accurate way to identify HIV-infected women before delivery...
- Thyroid transcription factor-1, hepatocyte nuclear factor-3beta, surfactant protein B, C, and Clara cell secretory protein in developing mouse lungL Zhou
Children s Hospital Medical Center, Division of Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 44:1183-93. 1996..The early expression of TTF-1 and HNF-3beta, preceding and overlapping that of pro-SP-B, mature SP-B, pro-SP-C, and CCSP, supports a regulatory role for TTF-1 and HNF-3beta in lung-specific gene expression...
- VEGF-A, VEGF-C, and VEGF-D in colorectal cancer progressionM L George
Colorectal Unit, Mayday University Hospital, Thornton Heath, Croydon, Surrey CR7 7YE, UK
Neoplasia 3:420-7. 2001..Increased expression of VEGF-A within CRCs was associated with lymphatic metastases, and therefore, this member of the VEGF family may be the most important in determining metastatic spread...
- Correlation of osteopontin protein expression and pathological stage across a wide variety of tumor histologiesDomenico Coppola
Department of Pathology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:184-90. 2004..Although various studies have assessed OPN protein levels in several tumor types, a broad survey of OPN expression in human neoplasia under the same experimental conditions has not been carried out...
- Lack of hypoxic response in uterine leiomyomas despite severe tissue hypoxiaArnulf Mayer
Institute of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Cancer Res 68:4719-26. 2008..Malignancy in the same organ system is associated with growth and metabolism beyond tissue-inherent limitations leading to the induction of hypoxia-related markers, thereby contributing to a self-perpetuating aggressive phenotype...
- MoAbs for the Management of Pancreatic CancerDavid Gold; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally, a PAM4IL2 fusion protein will be examined for its ability to enhance tumor uptake of a subsequently administered radiolabeled PAM4 antibody. ..
- Uveal Melanoma MicrometastasisPierre L Triozzi; Fiscal Year: 2010..Micrometastases, microscopic deposits of tumor that have spread via the bloodstream, are present in many patients with uveal melanoma at diagnosis. This project will test new methods of identifying and inhibiting these deposits. ..
- Molecular Regulation of TIMP-2 in Neuron Cell CycleDIANE JAWORSKI; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Targeted tumoricidal bacteriaMing Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2007..Future human trials of the tumor-killing bacteria can be held after the Phase I and Phase II grant periods are completed. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cerebral Vasoregulation In Elderly with StrokeVera Novak; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of this study may improve our understanding of optimal BP targets for the maintenance of cerebral perfusion in elderly people with stroke. ..
- VEGF gene expression in central nervous system microvascular pericytePaula Dore Duffy; Fiscal Year: 2007..We propose that the CNS microvascular pericyte is a regulatory cell important in the vascular response to hypoxic stress and that cyclopentenone prostagladins are involved in the pericyte stress response. ..
- In utero dietary exposure to endocrine disruptorsLeena Hilakivi Clarke; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dynamical Assessment of Cerebral AutoregulationVera Novak; Fiscal Year: 2007..Therefore, this project may have substantial socioeconomic impact. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Vitamin D5 in Prevention of Mammary CarcinogenesisRajendra Mehta; Fiscal Year: 2006..Whether prohibitin plays a role in cell transformation and chemopreventive efficacy in these cells? 3. How is 1alpha(OH)D5 metabolized in normal and neoplastic mammary epithelial cells and tissues? ..
- PKCepsilon-Related Proteins in Lung FibrosisStanley Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 2006..These approaches will allow us to validate the role in lung fibrosis of the several target proteins that we have already identified. ..
- Imageable tumor-targeting bacteriaMing Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Roles of PTH/PTHrP Receptors in Osteoblastic CellsLaura Calvi; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- HIV Vaccine Trials in WomenBeryl Koblin; Fiscal Year: 2006..The primary outcomes to be compared are measures of unprotected sex and vaccine knowledge scores. ..
- ABCA1 knock-in mouse model to study molecular pathology of Alzheimer's DiseaseIliya Lefterov; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Therapeutic hair follicle-derived neurospheresMeng Yang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Human hair- follicle bulge cells will be further characterized and developed for therapeutic potential for nerve regeneration in Phase III. [unreadable]..
- Endothelial Cell Death in EmphysemaRubin Tuder; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- AAV-Based Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cell Cancer VaccinePierre L Triozzi; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Early experience and low 5-HT markers in alcohol abuseMark Laudenslager; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, involvement of the HPA axis in these relationships will be investigated as an exploratory goal. ..
- Eicosanoid Balance in Lung Transplant Injury and RepairDavid Pinsky; Fiscal Year: 2009..This grant seeks to understand the balance between these injurious and protective substances, to develop strategies which may tip the balance in favor of protecting transplanted lungs from lethal injury. ..
- Efficacy of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 in colon cancer chemopreventionRajendra G Mehta; Fiscal Year: 2010..The studies will provide a rationale for using 25(OH)D3 for the prevention of colon carcinogenesis. ..
- Timing of dietary exposure and breast cancer riskLeena Hilakivi Clarke; Fiscal Year: 2008..This program aims to develop novel means to prevent some breast cancers by dietary modifications that take place during pregnancy and puberty. ..
- Molecular Classification and Therapy of CNS LymphomasJames Rubenstein; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will perform gene expression profile analysis of these tumors from diagnostic specimens obtained from a frozen tumor bank to identify a set of genes, which can be used to predict outcome. ..
- THE VASCULAR BIOLOGY OF LUNG PRESERVATIONDavid Pinsky; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies may lead to harnessing inspired "toxic" gases to improve outcomes after lung transplantation. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Iron Therapy in Renal Disease: Potential ToxicitiesRICHARD ZAGER; Fiscal Year: 2008..Potential reasons for these differences will be assessed, with the ultimate goal of defining the safest way of administering parenteral irons to renal disease patients. ..
- NanoArrays in Mass Spectrometry for Proteomic and Metabolomic ApplicationsDaojing Wang; Fiscal Year: 2008..Towards this goal, we propose to utilize the enormous potential of nanotechnology to develop novel ionization substrates for mass spectrometry to study proteins and metabolites of single stem cells. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mucin-degrading microflora for prophylactic antibioticsROBERT CARMAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..difficile, and reduces the incidence of C. difficile- induced antibiotic-associated diarrhea. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cerebromicrovascular disease in elderly with diabetesVera Novak; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will provide new data and biomarkers on cerebral perfusion and functional outcomes in type 2 DM, that can be used to initialize the efforts to implement brain protection as a new target for prevention of DM complications. ..
- Transcytosis of Flagellin Across Airway EpitheliaERIK LILLEHOJ; Fiscal Year: 2008..Based on previous studies of ourselvesand others, we suggest that a major bacterial component (flagellin) is processed differently in CF lungs, leading to enhanced inflammatory responses. ..
- Changes in Functional Status Across Therapy for Primary GliomaLee Jones; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Characterization of the Chromosome 17q23 AmpliconFergus Couch; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, the project may involve a complete transition from benchtop to bedside. Finally, the amplified and overexpressed genes may prove useful as important targets of gene, pharmacological, and immunological therapy in the future. ..
- LEUKOCYTE ADHESION RECEPTORS AND THROMBOSIS IN STROKEDavid Pinsky; Fiscal Year: 2006..Overall these studies will identify unifying molecular events which link micro vascular coagulation and inflammation in stroke. ..
- TRANSFORMING GROWTH FACTOR ALPHA AND LUNG INJURYWILLIAM HARDIE; Fiscal Year: 2003..The experiments proposed will permit the P.I. to develop an independent line of research in a division dedicated to understanding the basic pathobiology of various lung diseases. ..
- BEHAVIORAL AND PHYSIOLOGICAL CONSEQUENCES OF LOSSMark Laudenslager; Fiscal Year: 2003..The present application seeks to identify developmental factors affecting the HPA axis and the balance of CORT and DHEA with consequences for individual differences in rates of progression in immunodeficiency disease. ..
- Methylphenidate & gene expression in the rat brain.JOAN BAIZER; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- CNS MICROVASCULAR PERICYTE AND EAEPaula Dore Duffy; Fiscal Year: 2003..The potential role of PC cytokines will be examined. ..
- ROBUST LINKAGE METHODS FOR HUMAN PEDIGREE DATAKatrina Goddard; Fiscal Year: 2004..At the end of the project period, a comprehensive set of tools for model-free affected relative pair analysis will be available. ..
- Poly (ADP-Ribose) synthetase in expression of endotheliaBasilia Zingarelli; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- PRESERVATION AND CARDIAC TRANSPLANT VASCULOPATHYDavid Pinsky; Fiscal Year: 2003..These experiments will provide new insights into mechanisms by which early ischemic injury leads to early graft failure and TCAD, and proffer new strategies for prevention. ..
- LEUKOREGULATION BY CD39 IN LUNG ISCHEMIA AND INFLAMMATI*David Pinsky; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Discovery of novel fluorescent reporter genesMing Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2004..Reporters with spectral properties that can be used for whole-body imaging of tumors in the lung and their metastases will be candidates for further development for numerous applications of multi-color imaging. ..
- P21 INDUCTION BY BRCA2Fergus Couch; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- R21 Project: Curcumin Treatment of FibrosisStanley Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 2002..These experiments will demonstrate the efficacy and the scientific basis for that efficacy of a disease treatment already recommended by practitioners of alternative medicine. ..
- Enzyme therapy for hyperhomocysteinemiaYuying Tan; Fiscal Year: 2005..Phase II results will lead to an IND for MEGC-PEG-rMETase for end stage renal disease patients and other patients with intractable hyperhomocysteinemia and high cardiovascular disease mortality. ..
- Osteoblastic Activation in the Hematopoietic Stem CellLaura Calvi; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- ACUTE RENAL FAILURE--IMPACT OF FLUORINATED ANESTHETICSRICHARD ZAGER; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Pregnancy Estrogens, Diet, and Breast Cancer RiskLeena Hilakivi Clarke; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- VEGF PROTECTS AGAINST PULMONARY VASCULAR REMODELINGRubin Tuder; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- MECHANISMS FOR CHEMOPREVENTION OF COLON CANCERCHINTHALAPALLY RAO; Fiscal Year: 2004..Tissue distribution and comparative metabolism studies of curcumin and PEMC will be studied with synthetic [3H] curcumin and [3H]-PEMC in vivo in male F-344 rats. ..
- Inhibitors of 5alpha-reductase for acne therapyLingna Li; Fiscal Year: 2002..PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATIONS: Liposomal 4-MA will be developed as a topical selectively targeted therapeutic for acne for which they should be a very market. ..
- THROMBOREGULATORY ROLE OF CD39 (ECTOADPASE) IN STROKEDavid Pinsky; Fiscal Year: 2004..This collaboration, based on compelling feasibility data and historical collaborative success, will advance the understanding of CD39 thromboregulation, and lead to a novel therapeutic agent for thrombotic diatheses. ..
- CD44/VARIANT CYTOSKELETON IN BREAST CANCER PROGRESSIONLILLY YW BOURGUIGNON; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- C. difficile Toxin Membrane Test with Magnetic ParticlesROBERT CARMAN; Fiscal Year: 2004..perfringens enterotoxin, another cause of AAD. The technology developed in this project will be widely applicable for the development of new highly sensitive stool antigen tests. ..
- Potential for HIV transmission in relationships of drug-using women in RussiaLinda Niccolai; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NF KAPPA B MEDIATED CHEMORESISTANCE IN HUMAN LUNG CANCERDavid Jones; Fiscal Year: 2005..The ultimate goal of this study is to provide the necessary background for the initiation of novel treatment strategies designed to treat patients with advanced lung cancer. ..
- Orthotopic models of tumor angiogenesis and blood flowMeng Yang; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DOPAMINE AND PLASTICITY IN RESPIRATORY CONTROLRebecca Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2002..End of Abstract) ..
- PATHOGENIC MECHANISMS OF VENOUS DISEASEVincent Falanga; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed studies should advance knowledge of the pathogenesis of venous ulceration and fibrosis. ..
- Therapeutic potential-LXR ligands in Alzheimer's DiseaseIliya Lefterov; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Human Metapneumovirus Infection in AdultsANN FALSEY; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- CD44-P185HER2 INTERACTION IN OVARIAN CANCER PROGRESSIONLILLY BOURGUIGNON; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Tissue Engineering for the Treatment of Delayed HealingVincent Falanga; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will advance our understanding of how to reconstitute the wound bed and whether it is possible to correct the abnormal cellular phenotype in non-healing wounds. ..
- Social Modulation of NeurogenesisLynn Almli; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Yoga, Health, and MeditationFrederick Hecht; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Apoptosis as an anti-viral response in mosquito midgutROLLIE CLEM; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Middle Ear Epithelial Response to Cytokine StimulationJoseph Kerschner; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Brainstem-Diencephalic Modulation of the HippocampusROBERT VERTES; Fiscal Year: 2006..This work may have important implications for disorders of memory including Korsakoff's syndrome, diencephalic amnesia and Alzheimer's disease. ..
- SYNAPTIC ORGANIZATION OF THE BASOLATERAL AMYGDALAALEXANDER MCDONALD; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Renal Control of Blood Pressure in Early DiabetesMichael Brands; Fiscal Year: 2007..whether increased SOD1 in transgenic mice protects against hypertension similar to tempol; d. the role of NADPH oxidase, by measuring p22 phox expression and the effect of apocynin. ..
- Tobacco Carcinogen Oral Cancer ModelJoel Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2005..lc. Assessments of membrane (aryl hydrolase) and cytoplasmic phase I and II enzymes. ld. Confirmation of early cellular initiation and promotion events critical to our understanding for prevention of oral cancer. ..
- CIRCUITRY CONTROLLING THE HIPPOCAMPAL THETA RHYTHMROBERT VERTES; Fiscal Year: 2002..This work may have important implications for conditions such as Alzheimer's that involve a loss of cholinergic neurons of the MS/DBv. ..
- Interaction of COX-2 and nNOS in renin secretionTianxin Yang; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- STRUCTURE & FUNCTION RELATIONSHIP: PROSTANOID RECEPTORSKe He Ruan; Fiscal Year: 2008..Determine the solution conformation of segments comprising the intracellular domains. ..
- Prostaglandin I synthase, Thromboxane A synthase & Prostaglandin E synthaseKe He Ruan; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Generation of Collecting Duct Knockout of PPARgammaTianxin Yang; Fiscal Year: 2006..New information provided by this proposal is expected to provide insights into the roles of PPARgamma in regulation of fluid balance and in mediation of the side effects of TDZ. ..
- Allogeneic T Cell Responses Against Renal Cell CarcinomaEdus Warren; Fiscal Year: 2008..3) Identify the genes encoding antigens recognized by RCC-reactive CD8+ T cell clones isolated from patients with metastatic RCC who exhibit tumor regression after nonmyeloablative HCT. ..
- Renal medullary COX-2 in blood pressure controlTianxin Yang; Fiscal Year: 2008..The information resulted from these studies will provide new insight into the molecular mechanism responsible for long-term control of arterial blood pressure. ..
- Interaction of COX-2 AND nNOS in renin secretion (R01)Tianxin Yang; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..