Genomes and Genes
tissue array analysis
Summary: The simultaneous analysis of multiple samples of TISSUES or CELLS from BIOPSY or in vitro culture that have been arranged in an array format on slides or microchips.
Publications326 found, 100 shown here
- Histopathologic-based prognostic factors of colorectal cancers are associated with the state of the local immune reactionBernhard Mlecnik
Inserm U872, Integrative Cancer Immunology Team, 15 rue de l Ecole de Medecine, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, 75006 Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 29:610-8. 2011....
- Systematic analysis of immune infiltrates in high-grade serous ovarian cancer reveals CD20, FoxP3 and TIA-1 as positive prognostic factorsKaty Milne
Trev and Joyce Deeley Research Centre, BC Cancer Agency, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
PLoS ONE 4:e6412. 2009..Tumor-infiltrating T cells are associated with survival in epithelial ovarian cancer (EOC), but their functional status is poorly understood, especially relative to the different risk categories and histological subtypes of EOC...
- Prognostic importance of epithelial-mesenchymal transition-related protein expression in gastric carcinomaMin A Kim
Department of Pathology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Histopathology 54:442-51. 2009..EMT is known to be involved in the progression and metastasis of various cancers. The aim was to evaluate the expression of EMT-related proteins in gastric carcinoma (GC)...
- Membrane connectivity estimated by digital image analysis of HER2 immunohistochemistry is concordant with visual scoring and fluorescence in situ hybridization results: algorithm evaluation on breast cancer tissue microarraysAida Laurinaviciene
Institute of Oncology Vilnius University, Santariskiu 1, LT 08660 Vilnius, Lithuania
Diagn Pathol 6:87. 2011....
- SATB2 in combination with cytokeratin 20 identifies over 95% of all colorectal carcinomasKristina Magnusson
Department of Immunology, Genetics and Pathology, Rudbeck Laboratory, Uppsala University, Sweden
Am J Surg Pathol 35:937-48. 2011..In conclusion, the specific expression of SATB2 in a large majority of CRCs suggests that SATB2 can be used as an important complementary tool for the differential diagnosis of carcinoma of unknown primary origin...
- HER-2 amplification is highly homogenous in gastric cancerAndreas H Marx
Institute of Pathology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Hum Pathol 40:769-77. 2009..The high level of HER-2 amplification in combination with the homogeneity of its expression in primary and metastatic tumors argues for a possible therapeutic utility of trastuzumab in HER-2-amplified gastric adenocarcinomas...
- The prognostic impact of NF-kappaB p105, vimentin, E-cadherin and Par6 expression in epithelial and stromal compartment in non-small-cell lung cancerS Al-Saad
Institute of Medical Biology, University of Tromso Norway, Tromso, Norway
Br J Cancer 99:1476-83. 2008..In stromal cells, high expressions of NF-kappaB p105 and Par6 are both favourable independent prognostic indicators...
- The role of SPINK1 in ETS rearrangement-negative prostate cancersScott A Tomlins
Michigan Center for Translational Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Cancer Cell 13:519-28. 2008..We identified the aggressive 22RV1 cell line as a SPINK1 outlier expression model and demonstrate that SPINK1 knockdown in 22RV1 attenuates invasion, suggesting a functional role in ETS rearrangement-negative prostate cancers...
- Frequency of the TMPRSS2:ERG gene fusion is increased in moderate to poorly differentiated prostate cancersAshish B Rajput
Genetic Pathology Evaluation Centre, Vancouver General Hospital, British Columbia Cancer Agency, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Clin Pathol 60:1238-43. 2007..2) to the 3' end of either ERG (21q22.3) or ETV1 (7p21.3). The consequence of these rearrangements is aberrant androgen receptor-driven expression of the potential oncogenes, ETV1 or ERG...
- Claudin expression in gastric adenocarcinomas: a tissue microarray study with prognostic correlationMurray B Resnick
Department of Pathology, Rhode Island Hospital and Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Hum Pathol 36:886-92. 2005..The up-regulation of claudin expression during gastric carcinogenesis suggests their potential utility as diagnostic biomarkers and possible targets for therapeutic intervention...
- Immunohistochemistry profiles of breast ductal carcinoma: factor analysis of digital image analysis dataArvydas Laurinavicius
National Center of Pathology, affiliate of Vilnius University Hospital Santariskiu Clinics, P, Baublio 5, LT 08406 Vilnius, Lithuania
Diagn Pathol 7:27. 2012..Digital image analysis (DA) with multivariate statistics of the data opens new opportunities in this field...
- Evaluation of HER2 protein expression in gastric carcinomas: comparative analysis of 1,414 cases of whole-tissue sections and 595 cases of tissue microarraysKab Choong Kim
Department of Surgery, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Ann Surg Oncol 18:2833-40. 2011..Although the clinical relevance and prognostic significance of HER2 in breast cancer has been well acknowledged, it remains controversial in GC...
- Tissue microarray analysis reveals strong clinical evidence for a close association between loss of annexin A1 expression and nodal metastasis in gastric cancerGuanzhen Yu
Department of Medical Oncology, Changzheng Hospital, Hetian Road 64, Shanghai 200070, People s Republic of China
Clin Exp Metastasis 25:695-702. 2008..Its role in tumor development and progression is controversial, whereas its role in gastric cancer is unknown. We investigated ANXA1 expression and determined its clinical significance in gastric cancer...
- Inverse prognostic impact of angiogenic marker expression in tumor cells versus stromal cells in non small cell lung cancerTom Donnem
Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tromso, University Hospital of Northern Norway, Tromso, Norway
Clin Cancer Res 13:6649-57. 2007..This study elucidates the prognostic significance of these molecular markers in tumor cells as well as in the tumor stroma of resected non-small cell lung cancer tumors...
- A Ki67/BCL2 index based on immunohistochemistry is highly prognostic in ER-positive breast cancerH Raza Ali
Department of Oncology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, CB1 9RN, UK
J Pathol 226:97-107. 2012..0; 95% CI, 1.4-2.9; p < 0.001). Ki67 and BCL2 can be effectively combined to produce an index which is an independent predictor of BCSS in ER-positive breast cancer, enhancing their potential prognostic utility...
- Increased claudin-4 expression is associated with poor prognosis and high tumour grade in breast cancerFiona Lanigan
UCD School of Biomolecular and Biomedical Science, UCD Conway Institute, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Int J Cancer 124:2088-97. 2009..We conclude that high levels of claudin-4 protein are associated with adverse outcome in breast cancer patients, including the subgroup of patients treated with adjuvant tamoxifen...
- Prognostic significance of CD8+ T lymphocytes in breast cancer depends upon both oestrogen receptor status and histological gradeKristi Baker
Department of Pathology, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Histopathology 58:1107-16. 2011..This study re-evaluates the role of tumour-infiltrating lymphocytes as a prognostic marker in women with breast cancer...
- CT-X antigen expression in human breast cancerAnita Grigoriadis
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, 605 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10158, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:13493-8. 2009..Because of the limited therapeutic options for ER-negative breast cancers, vaccines based on CT-X antigens might prove to be useful...
- Expression of annexin A1 in esophageal and esophagogastric junction adenocarcinomas: association with poor outcomeKim L Wang
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:4598-604. 2006..However, the role of ANXA1 in esophageal adenocarcinoma is unclear. Our goal was to evaluate ANXA1 expression and determine its prognostic significance in adenocarcinoma of the esophagus and esophagogastric junction...
- ERG gene rearrangement status in prostate cancer detected by immunohistochemistrySara Moscovita Falzarano
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Virchows Arch 459:441-7. 2011..Given the high yield and the easier task of performing immunohistochemistry vs. FISH, ERG assessment by immunohistochemistry may be useful for characterizing ERG status in prostate cancer...
- Overexpression of the JmjC histone demethylase KDM5B in human carcinogenesis: involvement in the proliferation of cancer cells through the E2F/RB pathwayShinya Hayami
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Human Genome Center, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo, 108 8639, Japan
Mol Cancer 9:59. 2010..Cell cycle-dependent characteristics of KDM5B were identified by immunofluorescence and FACS...
- Proteome analysis of membrane fractions in colorectal carcinomas by using 2D-DIGE saturation labelingPatricia Alfonso
Protein Technology Unit and Comparative Pathology Unit, Biotechnology Programme, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas CNIO, Madrid, Spain
J Proteome Res 7:4247-55. 2008..In summary, saturation labeling provides a new and sensitive tool for the analysis of scarce amounts of samples, allowing sample classification and direct identification of deregulated proteins...
- Regulatory role of p53 in cancer metabolism via SCO2 and TIGAR in human breast cancerKyu Yeoun Won
Department of Pathology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, South Korea
Hum Pathol 43:221-8. 2012..0078). These results suggest that p53 can modulate the metabolic pathways via the proteins SCO2 and TIGAR in human breast cancer...
- EpCAM expression varies significantly and is differentially associated with prognosis in the luminal B HER2(+), basal-like, and HER2 intrinsic subtypes of breast cancerS D Soysal
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, Basel 4031, Switzerland
Br J Cancer 108:1480-7. 2013..Breast cancer can be subdivided into intrinsic subtypes, differing in prognosis and response to therapy...
- Low expression of Ku70/80, but high expression of DNA-PKcs, predict good response to radiotherapy in early breast cancerKarin Söderlund Leifler
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Division of Surgery and Clinical Oncology, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Int J Oncol 37:1547-54. 2010..We believe that the results reflect the different roles of DNA-PKcs and Ku70/80 in repair and cell death regulation after DNA damage. These differences could be of importance when developing drugs that target DNA repair...
- Node-negative colorectal cancer at high risk of distant metastasis identified by combined analysis of lymph node status, vascular invasion, and Raf-1 kinase inhibitor protein expressionInti Zlobec
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Clin Cancer Res 14:143-8. 2008....
- Increased expression of tumor-associated trypsin inhibitor, TATI, in prostate cancer and in androgen-independent 22Rv1 cellsAnnukka Paju
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Eur Urol 52:1670-9. 2007..We have now studied whether TATI is also expressed in prostate cancer and if TATI expression is associated with Gleason grade, proliferation, and neuroendocrine differentiation...
- Prognostic significance of RUNX3 expression in human melanomaZhizhong Zhang
Department of Dermatology and Skin Science, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Cancer 117:2719-27. 2011..The authors investigated the role of RUNX3 in melanoma pathogenesis and analyzed the prognostic impact of RUNX3 expression in a large series of melanoma patients...
- Effect of distributional heterogeneity on the analysis of tumor hypoxia based on carbonic anhydrase IXVladimir V Iakovlev
Ontario Cancer Institute, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
Lab Invest 87:1206-17. 2007..However, CAIX was inferior to pO2 measurements as a tool for patient stratification. Improved analytical methods to account for intratumoral heterogeneity are needed to provide reliable measurements of molecular markers...
- Expression profiling of familial breast cancers demonstrates higher expression of FGFR2 in BRCA2-associated tumorsAnita L Bane
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
Breast Cancer Res Treat 117:183-91. 2009..To elucidate novel genes involved in these two spectra of breast tumorigenesis we performed global gene expression analysis on breast tumors from germline BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers...
- Modified least-variant set normalization for miRNA microarrayChen Suo
Centre for Molecular Epidemiology, National University of Singapore, 117597 Singapore
RNA 16:2293-303. 2010..Finally, comparisons using expression data from two dissimilar tissues and two similar ones show that LVS normalization has better operating characteristics than other normalizations...
- Expression and function of fatty acid amide hydrolase in prostate cancerMichael P Endsley
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Int J Cancer 123:1318-26. 2008..These results suggest that FAAH regulates 2-AG hydrolysis and invasion of prostate carcinoma cells and is potentially involved in prostate tumorigenesis...
- Estrogen receptor and progesterone receptor as predictive biomarkers of response to endocrine therapy: a prospectively powered pathology study in the Tamoxifen and Exemestane Adjuvant Multinational trialJohn M S Bartlett
Endocrine Cancer Group, Edinburgh Cancer Research Centre, Western General Hospital, Crewe Rd South, Edinburgh, EH4 2XR, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 29:1531-8. 2011....
- Downregulation of CD9 protein expression is associated with aggressive behavior of oral squamous cell carcinomaMarcilei Eliza Cavicchioli Buim
Department of Anatomical Pathology, Hospital A C Camargo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Oral Oncol 46:166-71. 2010..No correlation was found between CD9 or CD82 expression and clinicopathological parameters by qRT-PCR. Our results suggest that the downregulation or lack of expression of the CD9 protein might indicate a more aggressive of OSCC...
- Aurora kinase A outperforms Ki67 as a prognostic marker in ER-positive breast cancerH R Ali
Department of Oncology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB1 9RN, UK
Br J Cancer 106:1798-806. 2012..Proliferation has emerged as a major prognostic factor in luminal breast cancer. The immunohistochemical (IHC) proliferation marker Ki67 has been most extensively investigated but has not gained widespread clinical acceptance...
- Histone lysine methyltransferase Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome candidate 1 is involved in human carcinogenesis through regulation of the Wnt pathwayGouji Toyokawa
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Human Genome Center, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Tokyo, Japan
Neoplasia 13:887-98. 2011....
- Fluorescence in situ hybridization study shows association of PTEN deletion with ERG rearrangement during prostate cancer progressionBo Han
Michigan Center for Translational Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Mod Pathol 22:1083-93. 2009..PTEN deletion and ERG rearrangement may cooperate, but contribute at different stages, in prostate cancer progression...
- Eph/ephrin profiling in human breast cancer reveals significant associations between expression level and clinical outcomeDana M Brantley-Sieders
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, United State of America
PLoS ONE 6:e24426. 2011..Moreover, profiling Eph receptor expression patterns in the context of relevant ligands and in the context of stage may be valuable in terms of diagnostics and treatment...
- Prognostic significance of tumour necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL) receptor expression in patients with breast cancerTom M Ganten
Division of Apoptosis Regulation D040, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 87:995-1007. 2009....
- Immunoexpression status and prognostic value of mTOR and hypoxia-induced pathway members in primary and metastatic clear cell renal cell carcinomasLuciana Schultz
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 35:1549-56. 2011..PTEN loss seems to be an early event during tumorigenesis. Tumor size, HIF-1α, and phos-S6 expression were found to be independent predictors of both DSS and tumor progression in primary ccRCC...
- Peritumoral activated hepatic stellate cells predict poor clinical outcome in hepatocellular carcinoma after curative resectionMin Jie Ju
Liver Cancer Institute, Zhongshan Hospital and Shanghai Medical School of Fudan University, Key Laboratory for Carcinogenesis and Cancer Invasion, Chinese Ministry of Education, Shanghai, Peoples Republic of China
Am J Clin Pathol 131:498-510. 2009..It is important to note that the density of peritumoral activated HSCs, in combination with seprase and osteonectin mRNA or density of Tregs and MPhi, might predict prognoses more effectively...
- Cellular histone modification patterns predict prognosis and treatment response in resectable pancreatic adenocarcinoma: results from RTOG 9704Ananya Manuyakorn
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Clin Oncol 28:1358-65. 2010....
- Recurrent copy number gain of transcription factor SOX2 and corresponding high protein expression in oral squamous cell carcinomaKolja Freier
Abteilung Molekulare Genetik B060, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, Heidelberg D 69120, Germany
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49:9-16. 2010..The combination of array-CGH with TMA analyses allows rapid pinpointing of novel promising candidate genes, which might be used as therapeutic stratification markers or target molecules for therapeutic interference...
- Sex determining region Y-Box 2 (SOX2) is a potential cell-lineage gene highly expressed in the pathogenesis of squamous cell carcinomas of the lungPing Yuan
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9112. 2010..The sequential pathogenesis of lung adenocarcinomas and SCCs occurs through dissimilar phases as the former tumors typically arise in the lung periphery whereas the latter normally arise near the central airway...
- Activity and complexes of mTOR in diffuse large B-cell lymphomas--a tissue microarray studyAnna Sebestyen
1st Department of Pathology and Experimental Cancer Research, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Mod Pathol 25:1623-8. 2012..Taken together, mTOR inhibitors may be useful in addition to regular therapy in diffuse large B-cell lymphomas, however, patient and inhibitor selection criteria must be carefully considered...
- Evaluation of the prognostic value of TGF-β superfamily type I receptor and TGF-β type II receptor expression in nasopharyngeal carcinoma using high-throughput tissue microarraysWenling Zhang
Department of Medical Laboratory Science, Xiangya School of Medicine, Central South University, Changsha 410013, China
J Mol Histol 43:297-306. 2012..001 and 0.420, respectively; OS: P = 0.018 and 0.047, respectively). These results suggest that ALK1 and TGFβR2 may be useful prognostic biomarkers in NPC...
- Overexpression of the mammalian target of rapamycin: a novel biomarker for poor survival in resected early stage non-small cell lung cancerTony Dhillon
CR UK Laboratories, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospitals Campus, London, United Kingdom
J Thorac Oncol 5:314-9. 2010..Here, we investigate whether the immunohistochemical expression of a key kinase implicated in lung cancer biology, the mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) can predict survival outcome in patients with early stage resected NSCLC...
- Quantitative analysis of microRNAs in tissue microarrays by in situ hybridizationJason A Hanna
Department of Pathology, Yale University Medical School, New Haven, CT, USA
Biotechniques 52:235-45. 2012..Our method demonstrates an approach for large cohort, tissue microarray-based assessment of miRNA expression...
- Comprehensive analysis of HER2 expression and gene amplification in gastric cancers using immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization: which scoring system should we use?Young Soo Park
Department of Pathology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, 86 Asanbyeongwon gil, Pungnap 2 dong, Songpa Gu 138 736, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Hum Pathol 43:413-22. 2012..Because IHC is recommended before gene amplification studies in HER2 testing, GCSS should be used for evaluating HER2 expression in gastric cancers...
- Practical considerations of image analysis and quantification of signal transduction IHC stainingMichael Grunkin
Visiopharm A S, Hoersholm, Denmark
Methods Mol Biol 717:143-54. 2011....
- hCAP-D3 expression marks a prostate cancer subtype with favorable clinical behavior and androgen signaling signatureJacques Lapointe
Department of Pathology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305 51, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 32:205-9. 2008..019). Our findings identify hCAP-D3 as a new biomarker for subtype-1 tumors that improves prognostication, and reveal androgen signaling as an important biologic feature of this potentially clinically favorable molecular subtype...
- ABCG2 is associated with HER-2 expression, lymph node metastasis and clinical stage in breast invasive ductal carcinomaLei Xiang
Department of Pathology, Shandong University School of Medicine, 44, Wenhua Xi Road, Ji Nan, Shandong Province, P, R, China
Diagn Pathol 6:90. 2011..In the present study, we investigated the expression of ABCG2 and the correlations between ABCG2 expression and patients' clinicopathological and biological characteristics...
- Can tissue microarray-based analysis of protein expression predict recurrence of stage Ta bladder cancer?Sigurdur Gudjonsson
Department of Urology, Skane University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Scand J Urol Nephrol 45:270-7. 2011..Tissue microarray (TMA)-based analysis of Ta bladder tumours was used to investigate the prognostic value of expression of several proteins involved in bladder carcinogenesis...
- Breast-specific expression of MGB1/mammaglobin: an examination of 480 tumors from various organs and clinicopathological analysis of MGB1-positive breast cancersEiichi Sasaki
Department of Pathology and Molecular Diagnostics, Aichi Cancer Center, Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Mod Pathol 20:208-14. 2007..Secondly, as primary lung adenocarcinomas may express estrogen receptors, MGB1 expression provides further discrimination of the origin of breast cancers...
- Prognostic value of HMGB1 overexpression in resectable gastric adenocarcinomasGuoqiang Bao
Department of General Surgery, Tangdu Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710038, China
World J Surg Oncol 8:52. 2010..In the present study, HMGB1 overexpression and its correlation with the clinicopathologic characteristics and recurrence-free survival were evaluated in gastric adenocarcinomas...
- TMPRSS2-ERG gene fusion is associated with low Gleason scores and not with high-grade morphological featuresSamson W Fine
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Mod Pathol 23:1325-33. 2010..These findings indicate that translocation/deletion of TMPRSS2-ERG is not associated with histological features of aggressive prostate cancer...
- An inexpensive method of small paraffin tissue microarrays using mechanical pencil tipsAbdelhadi M Shebl
Pathology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Mansoura University, Egypt
Diagn Pathol 6:117. 2011..This study was carried out in order to produce tissue microarray blocks using mechanical pencil tips without high cost...
- High RBM3 expression in prostate cancer independently predicts a reduced risk of biochemical recurrence and disease progressionLiv Jonsson
Department of Clinical Sciences, Pathology, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Diagn Pathol 6:91. 2011..The aim of this study was to examine the prognostic impact of immunohistochemical RBM3 expression in prostate cancer...
- SOX2 amplification is a common event in squamous cell carcinomas of different organ sitesSebastian Maier
Institute of Pathology, Comprehensive Cancer Center, University Hospital of Tuebingen, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Hum Pathol 42:1078-88. 2011..We conclude that SOX2 amplification and consequent SOX2 protein overexpression may represent important mechanisms of tumor initiation and progression in a considerable subset of squamous cell carcinomas...
- IGF2BP3 (IMP3) expression is a marker of unfavorable prognosis in ovarian carcinoma of clear cell subtypeMartin Köbel
Department of Pathology, Genetic Pathology Evaluation Centre of the Prostate Research Centre, Vancouver General Hospital and British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mod Pathol 22:469-75. 2009..We conclude that IGF2BP3 is the first biomarker of prognostic significance in ovarian clear cell carcinoma that has been validated in an independent case series...
- Nuclear localization of GLI1 and elevated expression of FOXC2 in breast cancer is associated with the basal-like phenotypeY Li
Department of Pathology, Fudan University Shanghai Cancer Hospital and Department of Oncology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Histol Histopathol 27:475-84. 2012..Additional studies are warranted to better understand the biological significance of GLI1 and FOXC2, to further refine statistics related to patient prognosis, and to optimize treatment of patients with basal-like breast cancer...
- Differential expression of HIF-1α in CD44+CD24-/low breast ductal carcinomasJoao Paulo Oliveira-Costa
Department of Pathology, Ribeirao Preto Medical School, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Diagn Pathol 6:73. 2011..There are evidence that hypoxia could drive the maintenance of CSC, via HIF-1α expression, but it still to be determined whether hypoxia markers are expressed in breast tumors presenting CD44+CD24-/low immunophenotype...
- Combination of epithelial-mesenchymal transition and cancer stem cell-like phenotypes has independent prognostic value in gastric cancerHan Suk Ryu
Department of Pathology, Chung Ang University College of Medicine, 156 756 Seoul, Korea
Hum Pathol 43:520-8. 2012..A combination of epithelial-mesenchymal transition and stem cell-like phenotypes is an important predictor of aggressive biologic behavior and has an independent prognostic value in predicting outcomes of primary gastric cancer...
- β-Catenin pathway activation in breast cancer is associated with triple-negative phenotype but not with CTNNB1 mutationFelipe C Geyer
Molecular Pathology Laboratory, The Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Centre, Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
Mod Pathol 24:209-31. 2011..In conclusion, β-catenin/Wnt pathway activation is preferentially found in triple-negative/basal-like breast carcinomas, is associated with poor clinical outcome and is unlikely to be driven by CTNNB1 mutations in breast cancer...
- Structural and biological properties of a papillary component generating a micropapillary component in lung adenocarcinomaTatsuya Nagano
Research Center for Innovative Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital East, 6 5 1 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba, Japan
Lung Cancer 67:282-9. 2010....
- Prognostic impact of fibroblast growth factor 2 in non-small cell lung cancer: coexpression with VEGFR-3 and PDGF-B predicts poor survivalTom Donnem
Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tromso, Norway
J Thorac Oncol 4:578-85. 2009..This study investigates the prognostic impact of FGF2 and FGFR-1 in tumor cells and tumor stroma of resected non-small cell lung carcinomas (NSCLC) and explores the importance of their coexpression with VEGFR-3 or PDGF-B...
- Assessment of automated image analysis of breast cancer tissue microarrays for epidemiologic studiesKelly L Bolton
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:992-9. 2010..We assessed agreement between automated and pathologist scores of a diverse set of immunohistochemical assays done on breast cancer tissue microarrays (TMA)...
- Vertical targeting of the phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase pathway as a strategy for treating melanomaSaadia A Aziz
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, Yale Cancer Center, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:6029-39. 2010..Phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase (PI3K) is an important target in melanoma; however, activity of PI3K inhibitors (PI3KI) is limited. Our purpose was to assess mTOR as a cotarget for PI3K...
- Tissue microarray: a simple technology that has revolutionized research in pathologyS Avninder
Institute of Pathology ICMR, New Delhi, India
J Postgrad Med 54:158-62. 2008..In this review article, primarily meant for students of pathology and oncology, we briefly discuss its basic methodology, applications and merits and limitations...
- Study of TLR3, TLR4 and TLR9 in breast carcinomas and their association with metastasisSalome Gonzalez-Reyes
Unidad de Investigacion, Fundación Hospital de Jove, Gijon, Spain
BMC Cancer 10:665. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate the expression and clinical relevance of TLR3, 4 and 9 in breast cancer...
- Overexpression of smoothened activates the sonic hedgehog signaling pathway in pancreatic cancer-associated fibroblastsKimberly Walter
Department of Pathology, The Sol Goldman Pancreatic Cancer Research Center, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:1781-9. 2010..Our aim is to identify signaling pathways involved in tumor-stromal cell interactions in human pancreatic cancer...
- Cytoplasmic Skp2 expression is increased in human melanoma and correlated with patient survivalGuangdi Chen
Department of Dermatology and Skin Science, Jack Bell Research Centre, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
PLoS ONE 6:e17578. 2011..Skp2 is frequently overexpressed in a variety of cancers and associated with patient survival. In melanoma, however, the prognostic significance of subcellular Skp2 expression remains controversial...
- The quantitative detection of total HER2 load by quantum dots and the identification of a new subtype of breast cancer with different 5-year prognosisChuang Chen
Department of Oncology, Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University, No 169 Donghu Road, Wuchang District, Wuhan 430071, PR China
Biomaterials 31:8818-25. 2010..Furthermore, this mode integrating macro- and micro-pathological indicators might help gain new insights into invasive BC biological behaviors...
- Low endoglin vascular density and Ki67 index in Gleason score 6 tumours may identify prostate cancer patients suitable for surveillanceAndreas Josefsson
Department of Medical Biosciences, Pathology, Umea University, Sweden
Scand J Urol Nephrol 46:247-57. 2012..The aim of this study was to explore whether vascular density and tumour cell proliferation are related to the risk of prostate cancer death in patients managed by watchful waiting...
- Caveolin-1 overexpression is associated with aggressive prostate cancer recurrenceJose A Karam
Department of Urology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9110, USA
Prostate 67:614-22. 2007....
- Evaluation of the prognostic significance of MSMB and CRISP3 in prostate cancer using automated image analysisAnna Dahlman
Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Urological Cancers, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Mod Pathol 24:708-19. 2011....
- Tumor classification by tissue microarray profiling: random forest clustering applied to renal cell carcinomaTao Shi
Department of Human Genetics, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7088, USA
Mod Pathol 18:547-57. 2005....
- A tri-marker proliferation index predicts biochemical recurrence after surgery for prostate cancerSameer Malhotra
Department of Urology, Stanford University, Stanford, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e20293. 2011..Our findings highlight the potential value of a multi-gene signature-based diagnostic, and define a tri-marker proliferation index with possible utility for improved prognostication and treatment stratification in prostate cancer...
- Prognostic significance of the wnt signalling pathway molecules APC, beta-catenin and E-cadherin in colorectal cancer: a tissue microarray-based analysisA Lugli
Department of Pathology, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Histopathology 50:453-64. 2007....
- EZH2 supports ovarian carcinoma cell invasion and/or metastasis via regulation of TGF-beta1 and is a predictor of outcome in ovarian carcinoma patientsZhi Yue Rao
The State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, 510060 Guangzhou, China
Carcinogenesis 31:1576-83. 2010....
- Does analysis of biomarkers in tumor cells in lymph node metastases give additional prognostic information in primary breast cancer?Anna Karin Falck
Department of Surgery, Institution of Clinical Sciences Lund, Lund University Hospital, SE 221 85, Lund, Sweden
World J Surg 34:1434-41. 2010..The present study aimed to define the concordance between biomarkers in matched pairs of breast cancers and lymph node metastases and to relate their expression to clinical outcome...
- Characterization of ZAG protein expression in prostate cancer using a semi-automated microscope systemAurelien Descazeaud
Department of Urology, Henri Mondor Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Prostate 66:1037-43. 2006..Zinc-alpha-2-glycoprotein 1 (ZAG) is a 41-kD secreted protein that is known to stimulate lipid degradation in adipocytes. The aim of this study was to determine how ZAG protein expression is associated with prostate cancer (PCa)...
- Dissecting the Akt/mammalian target of rapamycin signaling network: emerging results from the head and neck cancer tissue array initiativeAlfredo A Molinolo
Oral and Pharyngeal Cancer Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4330, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:4964-73. 2007....
- Tissue array analysis of expression microarray candidates identifies markers associated with tumor grade and outcome in serous epithelial ovarian cancerVeronique Ouellet
Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Université de Montréal Institut du cancer de Montréal, Montreal, Canada
Int J Cancer 119:599-607. 2006..001, 0.03, respectively). The application of these biomarkers in both the initial diagnosis and prognostic attributes of patients with epithelial ovarian tumors should prove to be useful in patient management...
- Expression of Aurora A (but not Aurora B) is predictive of survival in breast cancerYasmine Nadler
Department of Medicine and Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:4455-62. 2008..We therefore assessed expression of Aurora A and B in breast tumors and studied associations with clinical/pathologic variables...
- Prognostic impact of platelet-derived growth factors in non-small cell lung cancer tumor and stromal cellsTom Donnem
Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tromso, Norway
J Thorac Oncol 3:963-70. 2008..This study investigates the prognostic impact of these molecular markers in tumor cells and tumor stroma of resected non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) tumors...
- Overexpression of Eag1 potassium channels in clinical tumoursBernhard Hemmerlein
Department of Pathology, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Mol Cancer 5:41. 2006..We have now studied the expression pattern of the Eag1 channel in a large range of normal and tumour tissues from different collections utilising molecular biological and immunohistochemical techniques...
- Sox2: a possible driver of the basal-like phenotype in sporadic breast cancerSocorro M Rodriguez-Pinilla
Laboratory of Breast and Gynaecological Cancer, Molecular Pathology Programme, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas CNIO, Madrid, Spain
Mod Pathol 20:474-81. 2007..022, 0.005 and <0.001, respectively). Sox2 is preferentially expressed in tumours with basal-like phenotype and may play a role in defining their less differentiated/'stem cell' phenotypic characteristics...
- Concomitant expression of epithelial-mesenchymal transition biomarkers in breast ductal carcinoma: association with progressionAngela Flavia Logullo
Departamento de Patologia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Oncol Rep 23:313-20. 2010..Kaplan-Meier survival curves revealed that none of the EMT biomarkers analyzed were correlated with survival, which was significantly determined only by clinical and hormone receptor parameters...
- Automated detection of regions of interest for tissue microarray experiments: an image texture analysisBilge Karacali
Center for Integrated Bioinformatics, School of Biomedical Engineering, Science and Health Systems, Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 2875, USA
BMC Med Imaging 7:2. 2007..However, standard procedures for sampling tissue for molecular profiling have not yet been established...
- Identification of a basal-like subtype of breast ductal carcinoma in situChad A Livasy
Department of Pathology and Lab Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7525, USA
Hum Pathol 38:197-204. 2007..0001), p53 overexpression (P < .0001), and elevated Ki-67 index (P < .0001). These studies demonstrate the presence of a basal-like in situ carcinoma, a potential precursor lesion to invasive basal-like carcinoma...
- Epithelial-mesenchymal transition markers in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaJustin M M Cates
Department of Pathology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Pancreas 38:e1-6. 2009..Selected EMT markers were studied in a series of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomas (PDAs) and benign pancreatic tissues to determine whether expression levels correlated with diagnosis, histologic grade, or patient outcome...
- Melanoma prognostic model using tissue microarrays and genetic algorithmsBonnie E Gould Rothberg
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8023, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:5772-80. 2009..Here, we propose a multimarker molecular prognostic assay that can help triage patients at increased risk of recurrence...
- Microvessel area using automated image analysis is reproducible and is associated with prognosis in breast cancerC A W Sullivan
Yale University School of Medicine, Yale Cancer Center, Section of Medical Oncology, 333 Cedar St, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Hum Pathol 40:156-65. 2009..In the future, it may also allow the use of the AQUA-based algorithms to quantify the expression of angiogenic biomarkers to either tumor or microvessel area-specific compartments...
- The expression profile of RNA-binding proteins in primary and metastatic colorectal cancer: relationship of heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins with prognosisNicholas R Hope
Division of Applied Medicine, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Aberdeen, AB25 2ZD Aberdeen, UK
Hum Pathol 42:393-402. 2011....
- HMGA2 protein expression correlates with lymph node metastasis and increased tumor grade in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaAlexandra C Hristov
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Mod Pathol 22:43-9. 2009..Our results support a role for HMGA2 in the progression of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma and suggest that it could be a useful biomarker and rational therapeutic target in more advanced disease...
- Prevalence of TMPRSS2-ERG and SLC45A3-ERG gene fusions in a large prostatectomy cohortRaquel Esgueva
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY, USA
Mod Pathol 23:539-46. 2010..Incorporation of these less common ERG rearranged prostate cancer fusion assays could further increase the sensitivity of the current PCR-based approaches...
- Epithelial cell adhesion molecule (EpCAM) is overexpressed in breast cancer metastasesAshley Cimino
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Weinberg 2242, 401 North Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 123:701-8. 2010..In conclusion, EpCAM is highly expressed in MBCs compared to matched PBCs, verifying that it is a promising therapeutic target...
- Endothelial NOS, estrogen receptor beta, and HIFs cooperate in the activation of a prognostic transcriptional pattern in aggressive human prostate cancerSimona Nanni
Department of Experimental Oncology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
J Clin Invest 119:1093-108. 2009..Furthermore, proposing eNOS as a therapeutic target fosters innovative therapies for PCa with NO inhibitors, which are employed in preclinical trials in non-oncological diseases...
- Expression and regulatory role of GAIP-interacting protein GIPC in pancreatic adenocarcinomaMichael H Muders
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer Res 66:10264-8. 2006..Taken together, our data suggest that GIPC is a central molecule for the stability of IGF-IR and could be a target for future therapy...
- M-CAM expression as marker of poor prognosis in epithelial ovarian cancerDaniela Aldovini
Department of Pathology, S Chiara Hospital, Trento, Italy
Int J Cancer 119:1920-6. 2006..In particular, M-CAM expression identifies a subgroup of front-line therapy-responding patients who undergo dramatic relapses, thus helping to better select patients who might benefit from new/alternative therapeutic modalities...
- Vitamin D and Mammographic DensityRulla Tamimi; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HORMONAL AND ZINC REGULATION OF PROSTATE M ACONITASELES COSTELLO; Fiscal Year: 2004..This information will provide new approaches to the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of PCa. ..
- BENIGN BREAST DISEASE AND RISK OF BREAST CANCERRulla Tamimi; Fiscal Year: 2009..The creation of tissue microarrays using benign breast tissue will lay the foundation for this and future studies to efficiently examine the role of molecular markers in the development of breast cancer. ..
- MoAbs for the Management of Pancreatic CancerDavid Gold; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally, a PAM4IL2 fusion protein will be examined for its ability to enhance tumor uptake of a subsequently administered radiolabeled PAM4 antibody. ..
- Functional Dissection of Ret Signaling PathwaysSanjay Jain; Fiscal Year: 2008..The identification of specific components of this signaling pathway will be helpful ultimately in developing targeted therapeutics for these tumors and in enhancing our understanding of nervous system development. ..
- VP peptides and receptors in diagnosis of breast cancer.WILLIAM NORTH; Fiscal Year: 2006..Another successful end-point would be the finding that these same methods can successfully monitor current treatments, and potentially lead to new and more effective ones. ..
- Molecular Epidemiology of Smoking & Breast CancerKATHLEEN CONWAY DORSEY; Fiscal Year: 2005..If breast cancer can be attributed, in part, to cigarette smoking, then smoking prevention or cessation should reduce exposure and thus decrease the incidence of breast cancer. ..
- GRSA Proteins in the Diagnosis of Breast CancerWILLIAM NORTH; Fiscal Year: 2002..These methods could be applicable to all patients with breast cancer or suspected breast cancer. ..
- Effects of Soy on Estrogens in Breast Fluid and UrineGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2010..The NAF approach is the only way to learn more about the beneficial and adverse effects of soy directly in the female breast without applying invasive procedures to women without breast disease or surgery. ..
- Ultrasensitive Nanofluidic Devices for Genomic AnalysisStephen Quake; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Optimal Predictors of Response to TrastuzumabDAVID L contact RIMM; Fiscal Year: 2010..Validation of the models will be done by Leave One Out Cross Validation methods in anticipation of future more robust validation in an independent cohort in a subsequent study. ..
- Non-viral Cutaneous Gene DeliveryMohammed Kashani Sabet; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will determine whether efficient expression of the XPC gene in mice will alter the response to UV-mediated DNA damage. ..
- Role of LIBC in Inflammatory Breast Cancer PhenotypeCelina Kleer; Fiscal Year: 2007..Also, understanding the role of WISP3 will shed light on the mechanisms of cancer development in general and serve as a model for other related CCN genes involved in carcinogenesis. ..
- Kinome Drug Bioassay PlatformHaiching Ma; Fiscal Year: 2007..Rapid HTS implementation for proprietary customer kinases using small amounts of purified protein is also a significant opportunity. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- An Automated Platform for Kinase Assays on Patient CellsNancy Allbritton; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- High Throughput Single Molecule DNA SequencingStephen Quake; Fiscal Year: 2007..99%, while reducing the cost of sequencing a mammalian genome to below $100,000. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Mouse Model for Schimke Immuno-osseous DysplasiaCornelius Boerkoel; Fiscal Year: 2006..The funding provided by this R21 is critical for me, as a new investigator, to develop these murine models. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mast cells, antidepressants and chronic fatigue syndromeTheoharis Theoharides; Fiscal Year: 2007..Future studies will build on these findings to develop in vitro and in vivo models of CFS and lead to clinical trials with select antidepressants or other molecules that inhibit brain mast cells. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Rapid Analysis of Signaling in Adherent CellsNancy Allbritton; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Role of Fra-1 in MesotheliomaMaria Ramos Nino; Fiscal Year: 2008..The long-term goal of this research plan is to understand the molecular mechanisms governing mesothelial cell tumorigenesis. ..
- Loss of FLJ13639 Expression in Acute LeukemiaKeshav K Singh; Fiscal Year: 2010..Confirmation of the role of the loss of FLJ13639 in leukemia prognosis, increase of chemo resistance should lead us and others, to develop new prognostic tools as well as novel, innovative therapeutic strategies. ..
- Mitochondria and CarcinogenesisKeshav K Singh; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed study will help determine the contribution of mutant mtDNA to the development of human cancer. ..
- Elevated potassium ion in lacrimal fluid and the health of the ocular surfaceJohn Ubels; Fiscal Year: 2009..If the high potassium in tears is important for the health of the ocular surface, this information will be useful in the development of improved treatments for dry eye disease. ..
- Mitochondria and MutagenesisKeshav K Singh; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Micropallet Arrays for Separation of Single Cells and ColoniesNancy L Allbritton; Fiscal Year: 2010..The applications which involve basic cell biology, tumorigenesis, and signaling mechanisms in diabetes mellitus will demonstrate that the novel separation system should be widely applicable to the biomedical sciences. ..
- Mechanism of Action of Folate AntagonistJoseph Bertino; Fiscal Year: 2008..The use of MEF cells null for p53, p19 ARF and both will be utilized to test in a more well defined system the function of these proteins on DHFR levels. ..
- The 7th International Conference on Head and Neck CancerJeffrey Myers; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PREVENTION OF COLORECTAL CANCER BY iNOS AND COX-2 SELECTIVE INHIBITORSCHINTHALAPALLY RAO; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- NanoArrays in Mass Spectrometry for Proteomic and Metabolomic ApplicationsDaojing Wang; Fiscal Year: 2008..Towards this goal, we propose to utilize the enormous potential of nanotechnology to develop novel ionization substrates for mass spectrometry to study proteins and metabolites of single stem cells. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ESTABLISHMENT AND REGULATION OF CELL/CELL ADHESIONDavid Rimm; Fiscal Year: 2002..We use this tool throughout this proposal in in vitro adhesion assays and also as a unique probe for the homotypic interaction, as a mechanism to assess the co-precipitable components in the adhesion complex. ..
- MEASUREMENT OF KINASE ACTIVITIES IN SINGLE TUMOR CELLSNancy Allbritton; Fiscal Year: 2001..When fully developed, this integrated microchip will represent a new paradigm in single-cell measurement techniques. ..
- SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION THROUGH CALCIUM WAVESNancy Allbritton; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- A MURINE MODEL OF SMITH-MAGENIS SYNDROMECornelius Boerkoel; Fiscal Year: 2003..The Mentored Scientist Development Award would further facilitate this process. ..
- HORMONAL REGULATION OF PROSTATE CITRATE PRODUCTIONRENTY FRANKLIN; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- DISSECTING ENZYMATIC NETWORKS IN SINGLE NEURONSNancy Allbritton; Fiscal Year: 2003..This information can be used to map the temporal interrelationships of neuronal signaling networks. As a result many fundamental questions regarding neuronal development, synaptic plasticity, brain injury, and aging can be answered. ..
- Characterization of SMARCAL1:its expression/interactorsCornelius Boerkoel; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Prostate Cancer ChipHaiching Ma; Fiscal Year: 2002..The Phase I activities will lead toward establishing chip chemistries and microfluidic technologies for a commercialized chip to aid in prostate cancer diagnostics. ..
- THE ROLE OF RETINOIDS IN LACRIMAL GLAND FUNCTIONJohn Ubels; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- NEUROPEPTIDES AND SMALL CELL CARCINOMAWILLIAM NORTH; Fiscal Year: 2002..The information obtained is expected to result in effective chemotherapeutic and immunotherapeutic interventions for all patients with limited and extensive SCCL. ..
- Enzyme Assay Chips for Apoptosis DiscoveryHaiching Ma; Fiscal Year: 2002..This technology can have research, medical, and industrial uses with respoect to the monitoring of intracellular enzyme states and identifying potential drug targets. ..
- CORTICOTROPIN RELEASING HORMONE INDUCED DURA MAST CELL ATheoharis Theoharides; Fiscal Year: 2001..They may also help explain some key events in the pathophysiology of migraines, the clinical symptoms of which are often precipitated by stress. ..
- Profiling Ras Activated Signal Transduction PathwaysNancy Allbritton; Fiscal Year: 2004..The successful completion of this work will provide a new and powerful tool for basic research, drug discovery and screening, cancer classification, and potentially clinical decision making. ..
- REGULATION OF MACROPHAGE INOS EXPRESSIONMing hai Wang; Fiscal Year: 2001..Second it will facilitate understanding of the role of MSP in regulating macrophage activities in inflammation. Further, this work may lead to novel approaches for decreasing tissue destruction in inflammation. ..
- MECHANISMS FOR CHEMOPREVENTION OF COLON CANCERCHINTHALAPALLY RAO; Fiscal Year: 2004..Tissue distribution and comparative metabolism studies of curcumin and PEMC will be studied with synthetic [3H] curcumin and [3H]-PEMC in vivo in male F-344 rats. ..
- MITDNA MUTAGENESIS BY ENVIRONMENTAL CARCINOGENSKeshav Singh; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed study will fill a major gap in our understanding of the mechanisms of mitDNA mutagenesis induced by environmental carcinogens which has direct relevance in on the induction of mitochondrial diseases. ..
- Mechanisms of Growth Inhibition by Helicobacter PylorHassan Ashktorab; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will help to establish how bacteria can increase apoptosis possibly through generation of ROS and in specific circumstances this may alter one's risk of developing cancer. ..
- Myc Signaling in MedulloblastomasCharles Eberhart; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, in Specific Aim 4 we propose developing a novel medulloblastoma transgenic model by overexpressing c-Myc in the cerebellum of transgenic mice. ..
- Enzyme Assay Chips for Apoptosis DiscoveryHaiching Ma; Fiscal Year: 2006..New inhibitors of caspases may lead to advances in the treatment of neurodegenerative processes during acute injury or in chronic disease. ..
- Analysis of Lacrimal Gland by Laser MicrodissectionJohn Ubels; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ZINC TRANSPORT RELATIONSHIPS IN PROSTATE CANCER CELLSRENTY FRANKLIN; Fiscal Year: 2008..4. To determine if decreases expression of ZIP1 and decreased zinc accumulation are characteristics of malignant cells in prostate cancer. ..
- Restraint stress-induced neurogenic bladder inflammationTheoharis Theoharides; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our findings may be relevant to the pathophysiology of IC and may suggest new therapeutic approaches. ..
- Microarraying and Screening Chemical LibrariesHaiching Ma; Fiscal Year: 2009..Overall, this instrumentation allows a large number of wild type or recombinant protein targets, each obtained in miniscule quantity, to be screened against 100,000 to 500,000 compounds of the NIH repository. ..
- High throughput ELISA chip for drug toxicity screeningHaiching Ma; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nutritional Risk Factors for Type 2 Diabetes in the Multiethnic CohortGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- AQUA: A New Quantitative in situ Proteomic AssayDavid Rimm; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Predicting Metastasis to Lymph NodesDavid Rimm; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Optical Tweezer Arrays Based on Optical Imaging FibersDAVID WALT; Fiscal Year: 2007..The technology has applicability to cell selection, blood and tumor diagnosis, combinatorial screening, nanoassembly, gene expression analysis and a wide variety of screening, selection, and diagnostic applications. ..
- Microsensor Arrays for Saliva DiagnosticsDAVID WALT; Fiscal Year: 2005..Much of the initial work will be directed at screening potentially useful sensing chemistries for their applicability to sensing components in saliva. ..
- Inflammatory Markers in a 2-Year Soy Intervention among Premenopausal WomenGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2008..The statistical analysis will apply general linear models to compare the levels of inflammatory markers by soy intake, while taking into account the repeated measurement design. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NESTED CASE CONTROL STUDY OF MAMMOGRAPHIC DENSITYGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Breast Density, IGF-I, & Prolactin, in Four PopulationsGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2004..The statistical analysis will include mixed models to explore the relation between hormone levels and breast density while controlling for confounders and for clustering by study location. ..
- THE BIOLOGY OF PROGRESSIVE NEPHRON DESTRUCTIONRaymond Harris; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Soy Consumption and Breast Tissue ProliferationGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2006....