Genomes and Genes
Summary: The simultaneous analysis, on a microchip, of multiple samples or targets arranged in an array format.
Publications311 found, 100 shown here
- Chromatin immunoprecipitation on microarray analysis of Smad2/3 binding sites reveals roles of ETS1 and TFAP2A in transforming growth factor beta signalingDaizo Koinuma
Department of Biochemistry, The Cancer Institute of the Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Koto ku, Tokyo 135 8550, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 29:172-86. 2009..These findings reveal novel regulatory mechanisms of Smad2/3-induced transcription and provide an essential resource for understanding their roles...
- Comparison of Beta-value and M-value methods for quantifying methylation levels by microarray analysisPan Du
Northwestern University Biomedical Informatics Center NUBIC, NUCATS, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 11:587. 2010..Both Beta-value and M-value statistics have been used as metrics to measure methylation levels. However, there are no detailed studies of their relations and their strengths and limitations...
- Genome-wide analysis of estrogen receptor binding sitesJason S Carroll
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney St, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Genet 38:1289-97. 2006..Furthermore, this resource has allowed the identification of cis-regulatory sites in previously unexplored regions of the genome and the cooperating transcription factors underlying estrogen signaling in breast cancer...
- Microarray analysis of colorectal cancer stromal tissue reveals upregulation of two oncogenic miRNA clustersNaohiro Nishida
Department of Surgery and Molecular Oncology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Oita, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 18:3054-70. 2012..Cancer stroma plays an important role in the progression of cancer. Although alterations in miRNA expression have been explored in various kinds of cancers, the expression of miRNAs in cancer stroma has not been explored in detail...
- Identification and characterization of wheat long non-protein coding RNAs responsive to powdery mildew infection and heat stress by using microarray analysis and SBS sequencingMingming Xin
State Key Laboratory for Agrobiotechnology, China Agricultural University, Beijing, 100094, PR China
BMC Plant Biol 11:61. 2011..However, identification of long npcRNAs is limited to a few plant species, such as Arabidopsis, rice and maize, no systematic identification of long npcRNAs and their responses to abiotic and biotic stresses is reported in wheat...
- Robust global micro-RNA profiling with formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded breast cancer tissuesAngela B Y Hui
Division of Applied Molecular Oncology, Ontario Cancer Institute, University Health Network, Toronto, ON, Canada
Lab Invest 89:597-606. 2009....
- Microarray analysis reveals age-related differences in gene expression during the development of osteoarthritis in miceRichard F Loeser
Molecular Medicine, Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Arthritis Rheum 64:705-17. 2012..To better understand the contribution of age to the development of osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Impact of normalization on miRNA microarray expression profilingSylvain Pradervand
Lausanne DNA Array Facility, Center for Integrative Genomics, University of Lausanne, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
RNA 15:493-501. 2009....
- Microarray analysis of lymphatic tissue reveals stage-specific, gene expression signatures in HIV-1 infectionQingsheng Li
Department of Microbiology, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Immunol 183:1975-82. 2009..These common and stage-specific gene expression signatures identify potential molecular mechanisms underlying the host response and the slow, natural course of HIV-1 infection...
- Mitochondrial dysfunction as a cause of axonal degeneration in multiple sclerosis patientsRanjan Dutta
Department of Neurosciences, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Ann Neurol 59:478-89. 2006..Development of neuroprotective therapies will require elucidation of the molecular mechanisms by which neurons and axons degenerate...
- Tissue specific profiling of females of Schistosoma japonicum by integrated laser microdissection microscopy and microarray analysisGeoffrey N Gobert
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Herston, Queensland, Australia
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 3:e469. 2009..This goal is rendered difficult to achieve by the generally small size of the parasites and the lack of a body cavity, which precludes analysis of transcriptional profiles of the tissues in isolation...
- Assignment of Staphylococcus aureus isolates to clonal complexes based on microarray analysis and pattern recognitionStefan Monecke
Institute for Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, Faculty of Medicine Carl Gustav Carus, Technical University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 53:237-51. 2008..Additionally, there are some isolated lineages, such as ST75, ST93, or ST152. These strains produce aberrant hybridization profiles, indicating that only a part of the gene pool of S. aureus has been investigated yet...
- Clinical use of array comparative genomic hybridization (aCGH) for prenatal diagnosis in 300 casesIgnatia B Van den Veyver
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Prenat Diagn 29:29-39. 2009..To evaluate the use of array comparative genomic hybridization (aCGH) for prenatal diagnosis, including assessment of variants of uncertain significance, and the ability to detect abnormalities not detected by karyotype, and vice versa...
- GeoChip: a comprehensive microarray for investigating biogeochemical, ecological and environmental processesZhili He
Department of Botany and Microbiology, Institute for Environmental Genomics, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK 73019, USA
ISME J 1:67-77. 2007..It is particularly useful for providing direct linkages of microbial genes/populations to ecosystem processes and functions...
- Functional organization of the transcriptome in human brainMichael C Oldham
Interdepartmental Program for Neuroscience, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Nat Neurosci 11:1271-82. 2008..Our findings provide a new foundation for neurogenetic inquiries by revealing a robust and previously unrecognized organization to the human brain transcriptome...
- First births after preimplantation genetic diagnosis of structural chromosome abnormalities using comparative genomic hybridization and microarray analysisS Alfarawati
Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, John Radcliffe Hospital, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
Hum Reprod 26:1560-74. 2011..In the current study, we explored the use of two comprehensive chromosome screening methods, conventional metaphase comparative genomic hybridization (CGH) and microarray-CGH (aCGH), as alternatives for PGD of chromosome rearrangements...
- Detection of large numbers of pneumococcal virulence genes in streptococci of the mitis groupCalum Johnston
Division of Infection and Immunity, University of Glasgow, B2 28, GBRC, 120 University Place, Glasgow G12 8TA, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 48:2762-9. 2010..In contrast, the nanA gene sequences in the pneumococcus and streptococci from the mitis group are closely clustered together, sharing 99.4 to 99.7% sequence identity with pneumococcal nanA alleles...
- Structural variation of chromosomes in autism spectrum disorderChristian R Marshall
The Centre for Applied Genomics, The Hospital for Sick Children, Department of Molecular and Medical Genetics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1L7, Canada
Am J Hum Genet 82:477-88. 2008..Structural variants were found in sufficiently high frequency influencing ASD to suggest that cytogenetic and microarray analyses be considered in routine clinical workup...
- Microarray analysis reveals marked intestinal microbiota aberrancy in infants having eczema compared to healthy children in at-risk for atopic diseaseLotta Nylund
Functional Foods Forum, University of Turku, Turku, FI 20014, Finland
BMC Microbiol 13:12. 2013..The infants were originally randomized to receive either Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG or placebo...
- Microarray analysis of microRNA expression in the developing mammalian brainEric A Miska
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biology and McGovern Institute for Brain Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Genome Biol 5:R68. 2004..In invertebrates microRNAs have been implicated as regulators of developmental timing, neuronal differentiation, cell proliferation, programmed cell death and fat metabolism. Little is known about the roles of microRNAs in mammals...
- Microarray analysis of cellular thermotoleranceJosh T Beckham
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
Lasers Surg Med 42:752-65. 2010..Specifically, we wanted to understand which pathways may be responsible for protecting cells in the absence of HSP70...
- Glycan microarrays for decoding the glycomeCory D Rillahan
Department of Chemical Physiology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Annu Rev Biochem 80:797-823. 2011..This review covers the development of glycan microarrays and applications that have provided insights into the roles of mammalian and microbial GBPs...
- Defining the structure of the general stress regulon of Bacillus subtilis using targeted microarray analysis and random forest classificationPriyanka Nannapaneni
Interfakultäres Institut für Genetik und Funktionelle Genomforschung, Ernst Moritz Arndt Universitat Greifswald, Germany
Microbiology 158:696-707. 2012..In order to gain a better understanding of the structure of this important regulon, a targeted DNA microarray analysis covering most of the known SigB-inducing conditions was performed, and the changes in expression kinetics ..
- Microarray analysis of the cellular pathways involved in the adaptation to and progression of motor neuron injury in the SOD1 G93A mouse model of familial ALSLaura Ferraiuolo
Academic Neurology Unit, Section of Neuroscience, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S10 2RX, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 27:9201-19. 2007..G93A murine model of familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) using laser-capture microdissection and microarray analysis. The advantages of this study include the following: analysis of changes specifically in motor neurons (MNs)..
- Lectin microarray analysis of pluripotent and multipotent stem cellsMasashi Toyoda
Department of Reproductive Biology, National Institute for Child Health and Development, 2 10 1 Okura, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 157 8535, Japan
Genes Cells 16:1-11. 2011..embryonic stem (hES) and induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells using a novel molecular methodology, lectin microarray analysis. Our lectin microarray analysis successfully categorized murine somatic stem cells into the appropriate ..
- Gene expression profiling of major depression and suicide in the prefrontal cortex of postmortem brainsMamoru Tochigi
Laboratory for Molecular Dynamics of Mental Disorders, Brain Science Institute, RIKEN, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Neurosci Res 60:184-91. 2008..In the present study, we conducted DNA microarray analysis of major depression using postmortem prefrontal cortices...
- Dynamic genome architecture in the nuclear space: regulation of gene expression in three dimensionsChristian Lanctôt
Department Biologie II, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Grosshadernerstr 2, Planegg Martinsried, Germany
Nat Rev Genet 8:104-15. 2007..Understanding how the dynamic nature of the positioning of genetic material in the nuclear space and the higher-order architecture of the nucleus are integrated is therefore essential to our overall understanding of gene regulation...
- The Botany Array Resource: e-Northerns, Expression Angling, and promoter analysesKiana Toufighi
Department of Botany, University of Toronto, 25 Willcocks Street, Toronto, ON, M5S 3B2 Canada
Plant J 43:153-63. 2005....
- Lipoic acid prevents high-fat diet-induced dyslipidemia and oxidative stress: a microarray analysisRui Li Yang
State Key Laboratory of Food Science and Technology, Jiangnan University, Wuxi, Jiangsu, China
Nutrition 24:582-8. 2008..To elucidate the molecular mechanisms of that effect, we carried out experiments aimed at analyzing biochemical parameters and gene expression profiles...
- Use of glycan microarrays to explore specificity of glycan-binding proteinsDavid F Smith
Department of Biochemistry, The Glycomics Center, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Methods Enzymol 480:417-44. 2010..The use of glycan microarrays with this approach readily generates a prediction of the glycan determinants required for high affinity binding by a GBP...
- Whole-genome microarray analysis in prenatal specimens identifies clinically significant chromosome alterations without increase in results of unclear significance compared to targeted microarrayJustine Coppinger
Signature Genomic Laboratories, Spokane, WA, USA
Prenat Diagn 29:1156-66. 2009To determine the detection rates of whole-genome microarray technology compared to targeted microarray analysis for chromosome abnormalities in prenatal samples submitted for diagnostic testing.
- Gene expression of topoisomerase II alpha (TOP2A) by microarray analysis is highly prognostic in estrogen receptor (ER) positive breast cancerA Rody
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, JW Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 113:457-66. 2009..There is growing evidence that TOP2A protein expression is a strong prognostic and TOP2A gene amplification might be a predictive marker (particularly for the use of anthracyclines)...
- Identification of dimorphism-involved genes of Yarrowia lipolytica by means of microarray analysisAdán Topiltin Morales-Vargas
Departamento de Ingeniería Genética, Unidad Irapuato, Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados del IPN, Apartado Postal 629, CP 36500, Irapuato, Gto, Mexico
Res Microbiol 163:378-87. 2012..Some of these genes were identified by homology with Saccharomyces cerevisiae genes, and found to play a role during the dimorphic transition in both systems...
- Identification of salt responsive genes using comparative microarray analysis in Upland cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.)Laura Rodriguez-Uribe
Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM 88003, USA
Plant Sci 180:461-9. 2011..genes were identified by comparison between salt tolerant and susceptible segregant bulks using comparative microarray analysis. Microarray analysis identified 720 salt-responsive genes, of which 695 were down-regulated and only 25 ..
- A microbial detection array (MDA) for viral and bacterial detectionShea N Gardner
Global Security, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA 94551, USA
BMC Genomics 11:668. 2010..Array-based methods have proven utility to detect in a single assay at a reasonable cost any microbe from the thousands that have been sequenced...
- Microarray analysis of gene expression profiles in ripening pineapple fruitsJonni H Koia
Plant Genetic Engineering Laboratory, School of Agriculture and Food Sciences, University of Queensland, Brisbane 4072, Australia
BMC Plant Biol 12:240. 2012..In this study we developed a 9277 element pineapple microarray and used it to profile gene expression changes that occur during pineapple fruit ripening...
- From single genes to gene networks: high-throughput-high-content screening for neurological diseaseShushant Jain
Department of Clinical Genetics, VU University Medical Center Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neuron 68:207-17. 2010..Herein we discuss the potential impact of HT-HC cellular screens on medical neuroscience...
- Microelectrode arrays for electrochemistry: approaches to fabricationXing Jiu Huang
Department of Chemistry, Physical and Theoretical Chemistry Laboratory Oxford University, South Parks Road Oxford OX1 3QZ, UK
Small 5:776-88. 2009..Techniques for the fabrication of such arrays are reviewed. The relative features and merits of different techniques are also discussed...
- Microarray analysis of rat sensory ganglia after local inflammation implicates novel cytokines in painJudith A Strong
Department of Anesthesiology, Pain Research Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e40779. 2012..Cxcl11, Cxcl13, and Cxcl14 were found to be significantly upregulated in all these conditions, while Cxcl9, Cxcl10, and Cxcl16 were upregulated in at least two of these conditions...
- Altered microRNA expression profile in human pituitary GH adenomas: down-regulation of miRNA targeting HMGA1, HMGA2, and E2F1Daniela D'Angelo
Istituto di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale del Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche CNR c o Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, Universita Degli Studi Di Napoli, Napoli, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:E1128-38. 2012..MicroRNA (miRNA) are an important class of regulators of gene expression. Altered miRNA expression has been constantly found in human neoplasias and plays an important role in the process of carcinogenesis...
- Profiling human serum antibodies with a carbohydrate antigen microarrayOyindasola Oyelaran
Laboratory of Medicinal Chemistry, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
J Proteome Res 8:4301-10. 2009..The results presented here provide the most comprehensive evaluation of experimental and biological variation reported to date for a glycan array and have significant implications for studies involving human serum profiling...
- Death inducer-obliterator 1 (Dido1) is a BMP target gene and promotes BMP-induced melanoma progressionS Braig
University of Regensburg Medical School, Institute of Pathology, Regensburg, Germany
Oncogene 32:837-48. 2013..Finally, we demonstrated that Dido1 induces the expression of Integrin αV, thereby promoting the attachment, migration, invasion and apoptosis resistance of melanoma cells...
- Microarray analysis of relative gene expression stability for selection of internal reference genes in the rhesus macaque brainNigel C Noriega
Division of Neuroscience, Oregon National Primate Research Center, 505 NW 185th Avenue, Beaverton, OR 97006, USA
BMC Mol Biol 11:47. 2010..However, verification of this assumption is rarely performed. Here we assess the use of gene microarray analysis to facilitate selection of internal reference sequences with higher expression stability across ..
- Prenatal diagnosis of chromosomal abnormalities using array-based comparative genomic hybridizationTrilochan Sahoo
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Genet Med 8:719-27. 2006..This study was designed to evaluate the feasibility of using a targeted array-CGH strategy for prenatal diagnosis of genomic imbalances in a clinical setting of current pregnancies...
- Detection and differentiation of Clostridium botulinum type A strains using a focused DNA microarrayBrian H Raphael
Enteric Diseases Laboratory Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Mol Cell Probes 24:146-53. 2010..The focused microarray format provides a rapid approach for neurotoxin gene detection and preliminary determination of the relatedness of strains isolated from different sources...
- Application of peptide nucleic acid towards development of nanobiosensor arraysRavindra P Singh
Interdisciplinary Program of Integrated Biotechnology, Sogang University, 1 Sinsoo Dong, Mapo gu, Seoul 121 742, Republic of Korea
Bioelectrochemistry 79:153-61. 2010..This review paper discusses the various current aspects related with PNAs, making a new hot device in the commercial applications like nanobiosensor arrays...
- cDNA-AFLP-based genetical genomics in cotton fibersMichel Claverie
UMR AGAP, CIRAD, Avenue Agropolis, 34398, Montpellier, France
Theor Appl Genet 124:665-83. 2012....
- P11 (S100A10) as a potential biomarker of psychiatric patients at risk of suicideLei Zhang
Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress, Department of Psychiatry, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
J Psychiatr Res 45:435-41. 2011..These results suggest that PBMC p11 mRNA levels may be a potential adjunctive biomarker for the assessment of suicide risk in mental disorders and warrants a larger translational study to determine its clinical utility...
- A novel organotypic tauopathy model on a new microcavity chip for bioelectronic label-free and real time monitoringDana Krinke
Centre for Biotechnology and Biomedicine BBZ, University of Leipzig, Division of Molecular Biological Biochemical Processing Technology, Deutscher Platz 5, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Biosens Bioelectron 26:162-8. 2010..Moreover, we were able to detect and quantify distinct, AD-related effects triggered by tau-mutant (P301L) expression and hyperphosphorylation in our organotypic 3D-cultures with the help of impedance spectroscopy...
- Restoration of miR-517a expression induces cell apoptosis in bladder cancer cell linesTakayuki Yoshitomi
Department of Urology, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima, Japan
Oncol Rep 25:1661-8. 2011..In addition, we carried out oligo microarray analysis using miR-517a transfectants and miR-control transfectants (BOY and T24), from which 35 down-regulated ..
- Blood-based gene expression profiles models for classification of subsyndromal symptomatic depression and major depressive disorderZhenghui Yi
Division of Mood Disorders, Shanghai Mental Health Center, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 7:e31283. 2012....
- Synergy between oxacillin and manuka honey sensitizes methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus to oxacillinRowena E Jenkins
Centre for Biomedical Sciences, Cardiff School of Health Sciences, Cardiff Metropolitan University, Western Avenue, Cardiff CF5 2YB, Wales, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 67:1405-7. 2012..In Gram-negative bacteria a synergistic interaction between honey and antibiotics has been suggested. We aimed to determine the effect of manuka honey on oxacillin resistance in MRSA...
- Chromatin remodelling complex dosage modulates transcription factor function in heart developmentJun K Takeuchi
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
Nat Commun 2:187. 2011....
- FSTL5 is a marker of poor prognosis in non-WNT/non-SHH medulloblastomaMarc Remke
German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Clin Oncol 29:3852-61. 2011....
- Intraclonal heterogeneity and distinct molecular mechanisms characterize the development of t(4;14) and t(11;14) myelomaBrian A Walker
Haemato Oncology Research Unit, Division of Molecular Pathology, The Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
Blood 120:1077-86. 2012..These results are consistent with a distinct molecular pathogenesis underlying each subgroup and have important impacts on targeted treatment strategies. The Medical Research Council Myeloma IX trial is registered under ISRCTN68454111...
- Considerations on the application of microarray analysis in rhinologyC M van Drunen
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Rhinology 46:259-66. 2008..New visualization and analysis tools for microarray data are discussed in this overview that deal with these complex issues...
- Inter-observer reproducibility of HER2 immunohistochemical assessment and concordance with fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH): pathologist assessment compared to quantitative image analysisGulisa Turashvili
Molecular Oncology and Breast Cancer Program, British Columbia Cancer Research Centre, Vancouver, BC, Canada
BMC Cancer 9:165. 2009..Our study compares HER2 scoring by histopathologists with automated quantitation of staining, and determines the concordance of IHC scores with FISH results...
- In silico analysis of kinase expression identifies WEE1 as a gatekeeper against mitotic catastrophe in glioblastomaShahryar E Mir
Neuro oncology Research Group, Departments of Neurosurgery and Pediatric Oncology Hematology, VU University Medical Center, 1081 HV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Cell 18:244-57. 2010..Our results suggest that inhibition of WEE1 kinase holds potential as a therapeutic approach in treatment of glioblastoma...
- Semi-automated extraction of microbial DNA from feces for qPCR and phylogenetic microarray analysisLotta Nylund
Functional Foods Forum, University of Turku, Finland
J Microbiol Methods 83:231-5. 2010..The semi-automated methods could be performed in half of the time required for the manual protocol, while being comparable to the manual method in terms of reagent costs...
- Identification of ligand specificities for glycan-binding proteins using glycan arraysRichard A Alvarez
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, USA
Methods Enzymol 415:292-310. 2006....
- A toolbox for epitope-tagging and genome-wide location analysis in Candida albicansHugo Lavoie
Biotechnology Research Institute, National Research Council, Montreal, Quebec, H4P 2R2, Canada
BMC Genomics 9:578. 2008..Understanding aspects of the regulation of its biological functions and the assembly of its protein complexes would lead to further insight into the biology of this common disease-causing microbial agent...
- Diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic implications of microRNAs in urologic tumorsAnnika Schaefer
Department of Biology, Free University Berlin, Germany
Nat Rev Urol 7:286-97. 2010..Here, therefore, we illustrate the current knowledge of miRNA function in urologic tumors and draw the attention of urologists to the future opportunities and challenges of this research field...
- Novel genomic amplification targeting the microRNA cluster at 19q13.42 in a pediatric embryonal tumor with abundant neuropil and true rosettesStefan Pfister
Division Molecular Genetics, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Acta Neuropathol 117:457-64. 2009..In summary, this is the first report on a potentially specific genetic aberration in ETANTR, supporting the hypothesis of a distinct tumor entity...
- Adaptation of methanogenic communities to the cofermentation of cattle excreta and olive mill wastes at 37 degrees C and 55 degrees CMarta Goberna
University of Innsbruck, Institute of Microbiology, Innsbruck, Austria
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:6564-71. 2010..Further testing is needed to find out whether there is a link between increased methanogenic diversity and reactor productivity...
- Molecular characterization of adenocarcinoma and squamous carcinoma of the uterine cervix using microarray analysis of gene expressionAngel Chao
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan, Republic of China
Int J Cancer 119:91-8. 2006..The combination of cDNA microarray, RTQ-PCR and immunohistochemical results of this study showed that it is possible to define different gene profiles for AC and SC. Moreover, TACSTD1 expression may be a novel poor prognostic factor...
- Antiviral effect of Phyllanthus nanus ethanolic extract against hepatitis B virus (HBV) by expression microarray analysisWai Yip Lam
Department of Biochemistry, The Croucher Laboratory for Human Genomics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong, China
J Cell Biochem 97:795-812. 2006..Axn7 protein might play an important role in the medicinal effect of the active principle(s) of P. nanus...
- Genomic copy number variation in disorders of cognitive developmentEric M Morrow
Brown University and Developmental Disorders Genetics Research Program, Emma Pendleton Bradley Hospital, Providence, RI, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:1091-104. 2010..To emphasize new principles emerging from this area, involving the genetic architecture of disease, pathophysiology, and diagnosis...
- Comprehensive human adipose tissue mRNA and microRNA endogenous control selection for quantitative real-time-PCR normalizationMatt J Neville
Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Oxford, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, UK
Obesity (Silver Spring) 19:888-92. 2011..This test clearly indicated that spurious results could arise from using less stable control transcripts for mRNA and microRNA qRT-PCR...
- miR-34a, a microRNA up-regulated in a double transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer's disease, inhibits bcl2 translationXiaoying Wang
Institute of Laboratory Animal Science, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Nanli, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China
Brain Res Bull 80:268-73. 2009..These findings suggested that bcl2 is an important functional target for miR-34a, and the abnormal expression of miR-34a may contribute to the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease, at least in part by affecting the expression of bcl2...
- Differential gene expression in Schistosoma japonicum schistosomula from Wistar rats and BALB/c miceJinbiao Peng
Shanghai Veterinary Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Key Laboratory of Animal Parasitology, Ministry of Agriculture, 518 Ziyue Road, Minhang, Shanghai 200241, China
Parasit Vectors 4:155. 2011..japonicum oligonucleotide microarray to compare the gene expression differences of 10-day-old schistosomula maintained in Wistar rats with those maintained in BALB/c mice...
- Gene amplifications in osteosarcoma-CGH microarray analysisJassu Atiye
Departments of Pathology and Medical Genetics, Haartman Institute and HUSLAB, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 42:158-63. 2005..Details (www.helsinki.fi/cmg) of the amplified genes in each amplicon provide valuable raw data for further in silico studies...
- Genetic characterization indicates that a specific subpopulation of Pseudomonas aeruginosa is associated with keratitis infectionsRosalind M K Stewart
Institute of Infection and Global Health, University of Liverpool, Duncan Building, Daulby Street, Liverpool, L69 3GA, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 49:993-1003. 2011..Thus, the keratitis isolates were associated with specific characteristics, indicating that a subpopulation of P. aeruginosa is adapted to cause corneal infection...
- Exon-array profiling unlocks clinically and biologically relevant gene signatures from formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tumour samplesJ S Hall
Translational Radiobiology Group, School of Cancer and enabling Sciences, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, The University of Manchester, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Br J Cancer 104:971-81. 2011..This study aimed to show that useful information can be obtained by Exon-array profiling archival FFPE tumour samples...
- Discovery of stable and variable differences in the Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis type I, II, and III genomes by pan-genome microarray analysisElena Castellanos
Centro de Vigilancia Sanitaria Veterinaria, Departamento Sanidad Animal, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:676-86. 2009..Quantitative PCR demonstrated that variation in vGI signals could be associated with colony growth rate and morphology...
- Single lymphocyte analysis with a microwell array chipYoshiharu Tokimitsu
Department of Immunology, Graduate School of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Toyama, Toyama, Japan
Cytometry A 71:1003-10. 2007..Our technology should expand the horizons of cell analysis as well as enable generation of human MoAb for antibody-based therapeutics and diagnosis for infectious diseases such as hepatitis viruses...
- Identification of hundreds of conserved and nonconserved human microRNAsIsaac Bentwich
Rosetta Genomics, 10 Plaut Street, Science Park, Rehovot 76706, Israel
Nat Genet 37:766-70. 2005..emerged only in primates, we developed an integrative approach combining bioinformatic predictions with microarray analysis and sequence-directed cloning...
- Microarray analysis of Foxa2 mutant mouse embryos reveals novel gene expression and inductive roles for the gastrula organizer and its derivativesOwen J Tamplin
Program in Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, Research Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1X8, Canada
BMC Genomics 9:511. 2008..However, the targets of Foxa2 during embryogenesis, and the molecular impact of organizer loss on the gastrula embryo, have not been well defined...
- Microarray analysis of Ewing's sarcoma family of tumours reveals characteristic gene expression signatures associated with metastasis and resistance to chemotherapyKarl Ludwig Schaefer
Institute of Pathology, Heinrich Heine University, Moorenstrasse 5, Duesseldorf, Germany
Eur J Cancer 44:699-709. 2008..We conclude that expression signatures of initial tumour biopsies can help to identify ESFT patients at high risk to develop tumour metastasis or to suffer from a therapy refractory cancer...
- Whole blood-derived miRNA profiles as potential new tools for ovarian cancer screeningS F M Häusler
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Wurzburg, School of Medicine, Josef Schneider Strasse 4, Wurzburg 97080, Germany
Br J Cancer 103:693-700. 2010..Screening is an unsolved problem for ovarian cancer (OvCA). As late detection is equivalent to poor prognosis, we analysed whether OvCA patients show diagnostically meaningful microRNA (miRNA) patterns in blood cells...
- Genome-wide dynamics of Htz1, a histone H2A variant that poises repressed/basal promoters for activation through histone lossHaiying Zhang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Cell 123:219-31. 2005..We suggest that Htz1-bearing nucleosomes are deposited at repressed/basal promoters but facilitate activation through their susceptibility to loss, thereby helping to expose promoter DNA...
- Global eQTL mapping reveals the complex genetic architecture of transcript-level variation in ArabidopsisMarilyn A L West
Department of Plant Sciences, University of California, Davis, California 95616 8780, USA
Genetics 175:1441-50. 2007..in a recombinant inbred line (RIL) population (n = 211) of Arabidopsis thaliana using whole-genome microarray analysis and expression quantitative trait loci (eQTL) mapping of transcript levels as expression traits (e-traits)...
- Traumatic brain injury alters expression of hippocampal microRNAs: potential regulators of multiple pathophysiological processesJohn B Redell
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, The University of Texas Medical School, Houston, Texas 77225, USA
J Neurosci Res 87:1435-48. 2009..Our results indicate that multiple protein targets and biological processes involved in TBI pathophysiology may be regulated by miRNAs...
- Gene expression pattern in biomechanically stretched cardiomyocytes: evidence for a stretch-specific gene programDerk Frank
Department of Internal Medicine III, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Hypertension 51:309-18. 2008..Our data imply that a stretch-specific gene program exists, which is mediated, at least in part, by angiotensin II-dependent signaling...
- Anti-carbohydrate antibodies of normal sera: findings, surprises and challengesMargaret E Huflejt
New York University School of Medicine, Dept of Cardiothoracic Surgery, New York, NY 10016, USA
Mol Immunol 46:3037-49. 2009..without terminal Sia, SiaGal, and SiaGalGlcNAc motifs. We have also found that Ab are capable of recognizing the short inner core typical for glycolipids (-Galbeta1-4Glc) and glycoproteins (-GalNAcalpha) as a fragment of bigger glycans...
- Genes commonly regulated by water-deficit stress in Arabidopsis thalianaElizabeth A Bray
Department of Botany and Plant Sciences, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
J Exp Bot 55:2331-41. 2004..A more detailed analysis of genes involved in cell wall metabolism, indicated that there was a global decrease in expression of genes that promote cell expansion...
- Salmon louse (Lepeophtheirus salmonis) transcriptomes during post molting maturation and egg production, revealed using EST-sequencing and microarray analysisChristiane Eichner
Institute of Marine Research, Bergen, Norway
BMC Genomics 9:126. 2008..In order to link unknown transcripts to biological functions we have combined EST sequencing and microarray analysis to characterize female salmon louse transcriptomes during post molting maturation and egg production.
- The myosin-interacting protein SMYD1 is essential for sarcomere organizationSteffen Just
Department of Medicine II, University of Ulm, 89081 Ulm, Germany
J Cell Sci 124:3127-36. 2011..By contrast, ectopic expression of myosin-binding-deficient SMYD1 does not rescue fla mutants, implicating an essential role for the SMYD1-myosin interaction in cardiac and fast-twitch skeletal muscle thick filament assembly...
- Comparison of automated microarray detection with real-time PCR assays for detection of respiratory viruses in specimens obtained from childrenFrederic Raymond
Infectious Disease Research Center of the CHUQ CHUL and Laval University, Sainte Foy, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Microbiol 47:743-50. 2009..The two methods yielded concordant results for 94.1% of specimens. These tests allowed a thorough etiological assessment of respiratory viruses infecting children in hospital settings and would assist public health interventions...
- Microarray analysis of MicroRNA expression in acute rejection after renal transplantationWeiguo Sui
Kidney Transplantation and Hemo Purification Center, 181 Hospital of Guilin, Guangxi Province 541000, China
Transpl Immunol 19:81-5. 2008..Through microarray analysis and quantitative real-time RT-PCR confirmation, we identified 20 miRNAs differently expressed in acute ..
- Brain-specific knock-out of hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha reduces rather than increases hypoxic-ischemic damageRob Helton
Laboratory of Genetics, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Neurosci 25:4099-107. 2005..Furthermore, our data suggest that functional redundancy develops after excluding HIF-1alpha, leading to the preservation of gene expression regulating the majority of other previously characterized HIF-dependent genes...
- Downregulation of miR-122 in the rodent and human hepatocellular carcinomasHuban Kutay
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Cell Biochem 99:671-8. 2006..Comparison of the miR profile by microarray analysis showed altered expression of some miRs in hepatomas compared to the livers from age-matched rats on the ..
- Sweet spots in functional glycomicsJames C Paulson
Department of Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nat Chem Biol 2:238-48. 2006....
- Transcriptome analysis of Paracoccidioides brasiliensis cells undergoing mycelium-to-yeast transitionLuiz R Nunes
Núcleo Integrado de Biotecnologia, Universidade de Mogi das Cruzes, Brazil
Eukaryot Cell 4:2115-28. 2005....
- Nanoliter-scale synthesis of arrayed biomaterials and application to human embryonic stem cellsDaniel G Anderson
Department of Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Nat Biotechnol 22:863-6. 2004..We simultaneously characterize over 1,700 human embryonic stem cell-material interactions and identify a host of unexpected materials effects that offer new levels of control over human embryonic stem cell behavior...
- Up-regulation of dicer, a component of the MicroRNA machinery, in prostate adenocarcinomaSimion Chiosea
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Presbyterian, C920 1, 200 Lothrop St, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Pathol 169:1812-20. 2006..The presence of up-regulated microRNA machinery may predict the susceptibility of prostate adenocarcinoma to RNA interference-based therapy...
- Microarray analysis of blood microvessels from PDGF-B and PDGF-Rbeta mutant mice identifies novel markers for brain pericytesCecilia Bondjers
Division of Matrix Biology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77, Stockholm, Sweden
FASEB J 20:1703-5. 2006..The three new brain pericyte markers are signaling molecules implicated in ion transport and intercellular signaling, potentially opening new windows on pericyte function in brain microvessels...
- Comparison of microarray-based detection rates for cytogenetic abnormalities in prenatal and neonatal specimensLisa G Shaffer
Signature Genomic Laboratories, Spokane, WA 99202, USA
Prenat Diagn 28:789-95. 2008To compare the detection rate by microarray analysis for chromosome abnormalities in a prenatal population to that of a neonatal population referred for diagnostic testing.
- Microarray profiling of microRNAs reveals frequent coexpression with neighboring miRNAs and host genesScott Baskerville
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 9 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
RNA 11:241-7. 2005....
- Application of resequencing microarrays in microbial detection and characterizationTomasz A Leski
Center for Bio Molecular Science and Engineering, Naval Research Laboratory, SW, Washington, DC 20375, USA
Future Microbiol 7:625-37. 2012....
- Cell envelope gene expression in phosphate-limited Bacillus subtilis cellsEric Botella
Smurfit Institute of Genetics, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland
Microbiology 157:2470-84. 2011..Moreover expression of genes encoding enzymes involved in sulphur metabolism is significantly altered in the phosphate-limited state with distinct perturbations being observed in wild-type 168 and AH024 (ΔphoPR) cells...
- Ago1 and Ago2 differentially affect cell proliferation, motility and apoptosis when overexpressed in SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cellsChiara Parisi
Department of Cellular Biotechnology and Hematology, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
FEBS Lett 585:2965-71. 2011....
- Variation in M. tuberculosis in response to host selectionSarah Fortune; Fiscal Year: 2009..In these studies, we expect to provide fundamental insights into the mechanisms and targets of diversifying immune selection in M. tuberculosis. ..
- Prevention of Acute Lung Injury by IL-6 activated STAT3Ana Moran; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Microarray analysis in rat lungs showed that T/HS increased the expression of genes in the ontologic category of cell death and ..
- Epigenetics of Sex Differences in Brain and BehaviorBRIDGET NUGENT; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will use a genome-wide microarray analysis of mRNA from male and female animals treated with DNMT inhibitors or vehicle to categorize differential ..
- Novel Zebrafish Models to Study Toxicity of PCBs and Pesticides During PregnancyLisa Satterwhite; Fiscal Year: 2009..of tbx5 followed by p53 mediated cell cycle arrest in the heart by using genetic epistasis and DNA microarray analysis. In Aim 2, fluorescent reporters in living zebrafish hearts will be constructed and then validated for use ..
- The Role of Astrocytes in Cortical Interneuron DevelopmentKAREN MULLER SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2013..Dr. Smith will utilize TRAP and microarray analysis to identify pathways that are disrupted by Fgfr1 mutations in astrocytes, and will test the effects of ..
- Regulation of insulins by the Rhox5 homeobox gene supports spermatogenesisJames Maclean; Fiscal Year: 2009..To begin to uncover the molecular events triggered by Rhox5 in Sertoli cells, I used microarray analysis to identify Rhox5-regulated genes, many of which encode proteins that have roles in metabolism, including ..
- Chemoprevention of urinary bladder carcinogenesis by flavokawain AXiaolin Zi; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our microarray analysis has identified a few potential transcriptional targets (i.e...
- Stat3 Downstream Genes as Lung Adenocarcinoma BiomarkersCong Yan; Fiscal Year: 2013..By Affymetrix GeneChip microarray analysis, multiple Stat3 downstream genes were identified in CCSP-rtTA/(tetO)7-CMV-Stat3C bitransgenic mice...
- The Role of Substrate Metabolism and Macrophage Activation in ObesityAmy Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2013..macrophage phenotype on the eWAT microenvironment in total will be characterized through the use of genomic microarray analysis and metabolomic profiling...
- MECHANISMS OF INTESTINAL TUMORIGENESISVincent W Yang; Fiscal Year: 2013..specific aims to test our hypothesis: (1) to correlate KLF4 levels with clinical outcome of CRC by tissue microarray analysis (TMA), (2) to establish transgenic mice with intestine-specific ablation of the Klf4 alleles with which to ..
- PREVENTION OF QUINONE TOXICITY AND MUTAGENICITYANIL KUMAR JAISWAL; Fiscal Year: 2013..All were born normal, however, NQO1-/- mice exhibited painful bladder syndrome (PBS). Microarray analysis of bladders from wild type and NQO1-/- mice revealed that PPAR?C1a /MUP1/MUP2 factors regulating ..
- Diet and Gastrointestinal Cancer Risk in African Americans and Rural AfricansSTEPHEN JD O'KEEFE; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Microarray analysis of mucosal gene expression, followed up by RT- PCR confirmation will be employed to identify novel pathways ..
- Epigenetic Alterations in IPF Fibroblastic FociYAN SANDERS; Fiscal Year: 2010..of DNA methylation to gene expression in IPF in comparison to COPD and control lung tissue, by: a) microarray analysis of gene expression in IPF, COPD, and control tissues, b) methylation array analysis in these samples, and c)..
- Regulation of Lung Fibrosis by Alternatively Activated Macrophages and Arginase-1ROBERT MATTHEW TIGHE; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Microarray analysis has identified a preponderance of genes associated with Th2 immunity expressed in the absence of CXCR3...
- The Role of the Nuclear Lamina in Chromatin Organization and Gene Expression in NMarcos Estecio; Fiscal Year: 2012..is based in the introduction of an engineered plasmid coding a fusion Lamin B1-Dam protein, followed by DNA microarray analysis of methylated adenines. Thus, this method can only be applied to stable cell lines...
- Human Decidual Leukocytes and Their Placental LigandsJACK STROMINGER; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Microarray analysis will be used as a principal tool in characterizing human decidual macrophages in order to establish to ..
- Functional Analysis of the Embryonic Epigenome in a Non-rodent ModelMark E Westhusin; Fiscal Year: 2013..Global methylation in addition to methylation of specific target genes will also be analyzed. Microarray analysis and quantitative real-time PCR will be utilized to identify alterations in gene expression resulting from ..
- Developing a New Antioxidant Activator to Intervene in Lung Inflammatory DiseasesJOHN WILLIMANN; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Microarray analysis will identify the presence of concurrently-activated pathways...
- Triazole hypersensitivity in Candida albicansNeeraj Chauhan; Fiscal Year: 2009..albicans. I have also identified several transport proteins by microarray analysis that are up-regulated in ssk1 mutant...
- Smooth muscle cell lipid metabolism and serum amyloid ABarbara M Schreiber; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our gene microarray analysis showed that SAA induces expression of secretory phospholipase A2 (sPLA2) and calcium-dependent cytosolic ..
- Expression signatures of TB-specific memory responses within the human lungRichard F Silver; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose to apply genome-wide microarray analysis to evaluate the Mtb-induced transcriptome of cells obtained from the lung via bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL)...
- Transcriptional Regulation by a Deacetylase, CobB, in a PeriodontopathogenDAVID J KOLODRUBETZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, we made a deletion mutant of the Aa cobB deacetylase gene. Microarray analysis of RNA from this mutant showed that the alteration of acetylation levels in Aa leads to the mis-regulation ..
- TRANSCRIPTION FACTORS IN CONTROL OF BRAIN DEVELOPMENTEric E Turner; Fiscal Year: 2010..2) Use Brn3a/tauLacZ mice and microarray analysis of embryonic tissue in wild-type and mutant animals to determine the role of Brn3a in development and gene ..
- Differentiation of Cord Blood Mesenchymal Stem Cells to Corneal EndotheliumNancy C Joyce; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Microarray analysis will determine relative gene expression, flow cytometry will identify surface marker expression, Western ..
- Epigenetic programming of brain development by choline nutritionJan Krzysztof Blusztajn; Fiscal Year: 2011..using microarrays;2) DNA methylation patterns with methylated DNA immunoprecipitation (MeDIP) followed by microarray analysis and 3) chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) with antibodies against different methylated epitopes on ..
- MicroRNA-Based Therapeutics for Rare Cystic Kidney DiseasesPeter Igarashi; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this proposal, we will use miRNA microarray analysis to comprehensively identify miRNAs that are abnormally expressed in orthologous mouse models of ARPKD, RCAD,..
- Coronavirus modulation of cellular microRNAs in the liver: role in hepatitisSonia Navas-Martin; Fiscal Year: 2012..In Preliminary Studies, we have used miRNA microarray analysis and validation by real-time RTPCR to provide evidence of the differential expression of selected cellular ..
- Functional Genomics Approach to the Role of the JAK/STAT and MAPK Pathway in CBDLi Li; Fiscal Year: 2013..with beryllium-exposure, validating these potentially important CBD candidate gene identified in the microarray analysis using qRT-PCR...
- Role of microRNAs in Coronavirus-induced lethal encephalitisSonia Navas-Martin; Fiscal Year: 2012..In preliminary studies, we have used miRNA microarray analysis and validation by real-time RT-PCR to provide evidence of the differential expression of selected cellular ..
- Roles of Hox genes in skin and hair follicle developmentAlexander Awgulewitsch; Fiscal Year: 2010..DMA microarray analysis of the transgenic mice and subsequent validation by various methods identified Foxql and Foxnl (mutated in ..
- Role of Cited2 in HematopoiesisYu Chung Yang; Fiscal Year: 2011..Consistently, microarray analysis and real-time RT-PCR analyses identified several differentially expressed genes corresponding to HSC and ..
- CLONING OF THE Hol MUTATIONLicia Selleri; Fiscal Year: 2009..following specific aims: 1) Identify Hol candidate genes, by performing further high-resolution mapping and microarray analysis for "gene finding";and 2) Identify the Hol gene, by conducting analysis of candidate genes and ..
- The consequences of loricrin deficiency on epidermal barrier functionDENNIS ROOP; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, published microarray analysis on affected AD skin showed significant downregulation of LOR, and in the recent SNP database release (dbSNP ..
- Histoplasma Gene Expression and Organism PersistenceALAN GEORGE SMULIAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..Using RNA interference (RNAi) and microarray analysis, it will be determined if impaired persistence results from an inability to utilize fatty acids as an ..
- 5500 Q-Trap Mass SpectrometerStephen Barnes; Fiscal Year: 2010..the proteins of interest are well-defined, either by other protein mass spectrometry experiments, from DNA microarray analysis, gene sequencing, or from other biological results...
- Feedback and Hormonal Regulation of Hepatic HMG-CoA ReductaseGENE CHARLES NESS; Fiscal Year: 2010..The identity of possible T3-induced transcription factors will be sought using microarray analysis. RNA gel shift, protein purification, 3'UTR reporter construct studies, microarray analysis, and RT-..
- GENETIC ASPECTS OF DNA METHYLATIONEric U Selker; Fiscal Year: 2012..powerful analytical methods (e.g., mass spectrometry, chromatin immunoprecipitation and microarray analysis)...
- TH1 AND TH2 RESPONSES IN VIRAL IMMUNITYThomas M Moran; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, a microarray analysis of the bone marrow compartment using mice competent or incompetent to respond to interferon signaling ..
- Function and regulation of Lhx genes in craniofacial developmentJuhee Jeong; Fiscal Year: 2010..I will compare gene expression in the wild type and Lhx6-/-;8-/- first branchial arch using microarray analysis. In addition, I will perform chromatinimmunoprecipitation followed by DMA chip analysis (ChlP-chip) using ..
- Transcription Factor Cross-Talk in Developmental ToxicityLARISSA WILLIAMS; Fiscal Year: 2012..This will be accomplished by using qRT-PCR and microarray analysis, and through the measurement of reactive oxygen species...
- Bioconductor: an open computing resource for genomicsMartin Morgan; Fiscal Year: 2010..The software packages range from state of the art statistical methods which typically are used in microarray analysis, to annotation tools, to plotting functions, GUIs, to sequence alignment and data management packages...
- Regulatory Functions of APE1 acetylationKISHOR KUMAR BHAKAT; Fiscal Year: 2013..gene expression analysis and ChIP-on-Chip assays, which combine chromatin immunoprecipitation with DNA microarray analysis in cells stably expressing WT or nonacetylable K6R/K7R APE1, will be used to identify target genes that are ..
- Regulation of Neuronal Survival by the Rit GTPaseDOUGLAS ALLEN ANDRES; Fiscal Year: 2012..In addition, microarray analysis will be used to catalog the neuronal transcriptional program regulated by Rit signaling...
- WNT and gonadotropin mediated regulation of ovarian steroidogenesisJENNIFER HERNANDEZ GIFFORD; Fiscal Year: 2010..2. Investigate the common network of genes regulated by WNT and FSH in granulosa cells using microarray analysis to map the gene expression profiles in primary cultures of rat granulosa cells...
- Scleroderma Subtyping from Fresh and Archived Biopsies using NextGen SequencingMichael W Fanger; Fiscal Year: 2011..a rare disease, skin biopsies are in high demand and longitudinal accrual of fresh biopsy samples for DNA microarray analysis is slow, which severely hampers clinical validation of the test...
- Cell wall synthesis enzymes and beta-lactam resistance in Enterococcus faeciumLouis B Rice; Fiscal Year: 2013..complex, targeting a likely alternative glycosyltransferases identified through a genome search and using microarray analysis to analyze the regulatory framework of penicillin-inducible ceftriaxone resistance in the ponApbpF double ..
- Mechanisms of apoptosis in the central nervous systemKenneth Tyler; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have previously performed microarray analysis to determine genes that are differentially regulated during reovirus-induced encephalitis...
- Genetic Analysis of Murine Chronic Hypoxia-Induced Pulmonary HypertensionWilliam C Nichols; Fiscal Year: 2013..in the QTL regions, recently developed haplotype association mapping methods of the QTL regions, and microarray analysis of parental and F2 animals for each model will be performed to refine the regions and identify any genes in ..
- GENETIC SUSCEPTIBILITY TO LIPID-LOWERING DRUG-INDUCED MYOPATHIESGEORGIRENE VLADUTIU; Fiscal Year: 2012..and statin myopathies in a case- control genome-wide association study of pooled DNA samples using microarray analysis. Preliminary studies have identified a highly associated notch-like gene (p<0.001 vs...
- Proteomic Identification of Actionable Biomarkers in Rheumatoid ArthritisWilliam H Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2010..RA antigen microarray analysis revealed the targeting of a variety of candidate native and citrullinated antigens by autoantibodies in ..
- Regulation and Function of the Rhox5 Homeobox GeneMILES FROME WILKINSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Microarray analysis has identified many genes regulated by Rhox5, including Unc5c, which encodes a pro-apoptotic cell-surface ..
- Catenins: A role in spertmatogenesis and sperm maturationMANJEET KUMAR RAO; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this aim, by performing microarray analysis, we will identify and characterize -catenin regulated genes to determine specific roles they might play in ..
- Human Decidual Leukocytes and Their Placental LigandsJack L Strominger; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Microarray analysis will be used as a principal tool in characterizing human decidual macrophages in order to establish whether ..
- Molecular Determinants of Tumor Progression in A Steatolic Liver MicroenvironmentHarold L Moses; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Microarray analysis indicates that the matrix metalloproteinases MMP12 and MMP13 are markedly elevated in the steatotic ..
- TR4 orphan receptor, a longevity assurance gene, in prostate carcinogenesisYi Fen Lee; Fiscal Year: 2012..Tissue Microarray Analysis of TR4 profiles from human prostate samples found TR4 expressions were increased and shifted from the ..
- Phenotype MicroArray Analysis of Fastidious PathogensBarry Bochner; Fiscal Year: 2009..It will be applied in hospital diagnostic work, environmental diagnostic work, bioterrorism monitoring, new drug development, toxicology studies, and in many areas of basic biology research. ..
- Defining the role of the tumor-initiating cell niche in breast cancerMei Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2011..Using in vivo limiting dilution transplantation experiments, and microarray analysis, a subpopulation of TICs as well as a subpopulation of cells in these tumors with mesenchymal features have ..
- BISPHENOL A EFFECTS ON THE PERIPHERAL MECHANISMS OF PENILE ERECTIONNestor F Gonzalez-Cadavid; Fiscal Year: 2011..muscle cells and differentiation of penile Oct-4+ stem cells will also be studied in vitro, and by DNA microarray analysis of gene expression. Relevance. 1...
- Receptor/Ligand Signals for Ovarian Follicular AngiogenesisLeon J Spicer; Fiscal Year: 2010..Based on high-density microarray analysis comparing granulosa cell gene expression in cystic and noncystic follicles, we discovered that granulosa ..
- Role of an RNA-Binding Protein in Mammary CarcinogenesisJeffrey Ross; Fiscal Year: 2009..Aim II. Use microarray analysis to compare gene expression profiles in nori-neoplastic mammary tissues and in purified mammary epithelial ..
- Regulation of orofacial ectodermal polarity by the CLP protein, IRF6EMILY YIN CHU; Fiscal Year: 2013..in ameloblast polarity, enamel formation, and gene expression (laser capture microdissection followed by microarray analysis). Thus, these studies will also explore a possible relationship between CLP and tooth development...
- A Developmental And Molecular Investigation Of How Vitamin E Ameliorates EndocrinKrista McCoy; Fiscal Year: 2013..spatial patterns of gene expression I will again use the same experimental designs as above but will run a microarray analysis on the genital tubercles of embryos and then map the tissue specific patterns of differentially expressed ..
- microRNA Uncoupling of Protein and Transcript Expression in Liver RegenerationCLIFFORD JOHN STEER; Fiscal Year: 2010..mina levels will be quantitated via microarray analysis in rats after PH...
- Molecular Classification of Suspicious Thyroid TumorsMartha Zeiger; Fiscal Year: 2009..We therefore propose to genotype by microarray analysis the benign and malignant thyroid lesions that can and often do present as "suspicious" lesions on FNA ..
- Microarray analysis of thyroid neoplasmMartha Zeiger; Fiscal Year: 2004..the most common benign and malignant thyroid lesions that present as suspicious thyroid FNA samples by cDNA microarray analysis. To accomplish these goals we propose the following: Specific Aim 1: To evaluate pooled thyroid tumor ..
- Control of virulence in Neisseria meningitidisYih Ling Tzeng; Fiscal Year: 2009..preliminary data of a misR mutant that shows 1) altered expression in several important virulence genes by microarray analysis, 2) autoregulation of the misRS operon, and 3) altered expression of genes participating in iron ..
- Managing Incidental Findings in the Genomic EraJANET K contact WILLIAMS; Fiscal Year: 2010..challenges are being magnified with the advent of Genome Wide Association Studies (GWAS) and Chromosomal Microarray Analysis (CMA)...
- Phenotype MicroArray Analysis of Fastidious PathogensBarry Bochner; Fiscal Year: 2004..chicken). In Phase II the PM methodology will be implemented for representative strains of other Helicobacter and Campylobacter species, and also for other genera of fastidious pathogens. ..
- Identification of Metastasis-related Gene in Oral CancerZhuo Chen; Fiscal Year: 2004..gene expression in 12 highly metastatic cell lines with their poorly metastatic parental cells using cDNA microarray analysis, rapid analysis of gene expression (RAGE), and northern and western blot analyses...
- Development of an animal model to study how to prevent progression of hormone depGudmundur Thordarson; Fiscal Year: 2009..Here, microarray analysis will be used to determine global changes in gene expression of mammary tumors when they progress from ..