Genomes and Genes
microchip analytical procedures
Summary: The preparation and analysis of samples on miniaturized devices.
Publications271 found, 100 shown here
- Separation of proteins on surface-modified poly(dimethylsiloxane) microfluidic devicesYue Hua Dou
The State Key Laboratory of Coordination Chemistry, Institute of Analytical Science, Department of Chemistry, Nanjing University, Nanjing, P R China
Electrophoresis 25:3024-31. 2004..2% (n = 19). Separation of GOD and myoglobin has been developed in modified channels. Predominant operational variables, such as the coating conditions, the concentration of surfactant and buffer, are studied in detail...
- Lab-on-a-chip devices for global health: past studies and future opportunitiesCurtis D Chin
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027, USA
Lab Chip 7:41-57. 2007..We focus mainly on diagnostics, the nearest-term application in this field...
- Temperature alternation by an on-chip microheater to reveal enzymatic activity of beta-galactosidase at high temperaturesHideyuki F Arata
Institute of Industrial Science, The University of Tokyo, Meguro ku, Tokyo 153 8505, Japan
Anal Chem 77:4810-4. 2005..Its activity at 60 degrees C was revealed to be approximately 4 times greater than that at room temperature. This method not only gives new kinetic information in biochemistry but also enables application in highly sensitive biosensors...
- PCR-based detection in a micro-fabricated platformShantanu Bhattacharya
Birck Nanotechnology Center, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA
Lab Chip 8:1130-6. 2008..monocytogenes, prfA and 16S rRNA primer specific for the Listeria spp., and no cross-reactivity was observed...
- Future lab-on-a-chip technologies for interrogating individual moleculesHarold Craighead
Applied and Engineering Physics, 205 Clark Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Nature 442:387-93. 2006..Adaptation of these approaches to lab-on-a-chip formats is providing a new class of research tools for the investigation of biochemistry and life processes...
- Novel microchip for in situ TEM imaging of living organisms and bio-reactions in aqueous conditionsKuo Liang Liu
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
Lab Chip 8:1915-21. 2008..These results demonstrate that the K-kit developed in this paper can be useful for observing living organisms and monitoring biological processes in situ...
- Scaling and the design of miniaturized chemical-analysis systemsDirk Janasek
ISAS Institute for Analytical Sciences, Bunsen Kirchhoff Str 11, D 44139 Dortmund, Germany
Nature 442:374-80. 2006..Some devices designed using basic principles of scaling are now commercially available, and opportunities for miniaturizing new and challenging analytical systems continue to arise...
- Microtransponders, the miniature RFID electronic chips, as platforms for cell growth in cytotoxicity assaysWlodek Mandecki
PharmaSeq, Inc, Monmouth Jct, New Jersey 08852, USA
Cytometry A 69:1097-105. 2006..The MTP is powered by a photocell and has an antenna that transmits the signal. The aim of the present study was to explore utility of MTPs as a platform for cell growth in cytotoxicity assays...
- Measurement of electroosmotic flow in capillary and microchip electrophoresisWei Wang
Department of Chemistry, Key Lab of Analytical Chemistry for Life Science, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, China
J Chromatogr A 1170:1-8. 2007..This paper offers researchers a guidance to obtain an estimate of EOF mobility in capillary and microchip electrophoresis...
- A modular microfluidic architecture for integrated biochemical analysisKashan A Shaikh
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Micro and Nanotechnology Laboratory, and Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:9745-50. 2005..In the second case, we used a DNAzyme-based biosensor to identify the presence of Pb(2+) (lead) at a sensitivity of 500 nM in <1 nl of solution...
- Quantitative 3D mapping of fluidic temperatures within microchannel networks using fluorescence lifetime imagingRichard K P Benninger
Department of Physics and Department of Chemistry, Imperial College London, Exhibition Road, South Kensington, London, SW7 2AZ, United Kingdom
Anal Chem 78:2272-8. 2006..This technique allows optimization of the chip design for miniaturized processes, such as on-chip PCR, for which precise temperature control is important...
- Surface modification method of microchannels for gas-liquid two-phase flow in microchipsAkihide Hibara
Department of Applied Chemistry, School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo, Tokyo 113 8656, Japan
Anal Chem 77:943-7. 2005..These demonstrations showed that the proposed patterning method can be used in general microfluidic gas-liquid operations...
- Comparison of surfactants for dynamic surface modification of poly(dimethylsiloxane) microchipsCarlos D Garcia
Chemistry Department, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Electrophoresis 26:703-9. 2005..However, no significant changes in the number of theoretical plates were observed...
- Integrated micro bio systems and high performance liquid chromatographic system on chipKitamori Takehiko
Department of Applied Chemistry, School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8656, Japan
Se Pu 22:335-7. 2004
- Chembio extraction on a chip by nanoliter droplet ejectionHongyu Yu
Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Southern California, 3737 Watt Way, PHE 612, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0271, USA
Lab Chip 5:344-9. 2005....
- Nanoliter dispensing for uHTS using pin toolsPatrick H Cleveland
V and P Scientific, Inc, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Assay Drug Dev Technol 3:213-25. 2005..The factors that affect liquid transfers by pin tools are discussed in detail as well as the advantages and limitations of pin tools...
- Multichannel PCR-CE microdevice for genetic analysisChung N Liu
Department of Chemical Engineering, UCSF UC Berkeley Joint Graduate Group in Bioengineering, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Anal Chem 78:5474-9. 2006..coli K12 cells, (2) only M13mp18 template, (3) only E. coli K12 cells, and (4) negative control are completed in less than 30 min in a single run...
- Surface-modified poly(methyl methacrylate) capillary electrophoresis microchips for protein and peptide analysisJikun Liu
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah 84602 5700, USA
Anal Chem 76:6948-55. 2004..2 x10(4) plates for a 3.5-cm-long separation channel were obtained. These results demonstrate the general applicability of surface-grafted PMMA microdevices for a broad range of protein analyses...
- Comparison of a two-dimensional liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry approach with a chip-based nanoelectrospray device for structural elucidation of metabolites in a human ADME study using a quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometerMarkus Trunzer
Novartis Pharma AG, Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 21:937-44. 2007..These metabolites could not be detected by direct nanoelectrospray infusion, which limits the application of the Nanomate for trace metabolites...
- Rapid prototyping of poly(methyl methacrylate) microfluidic systems using solvent imprinting and bondingXiuhua Sun
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT 84602, USA
J Chromatogr A 1162:162-6. 2007..5% for intra-day and 2.2% for inter-day analysis. This new solvent imprinting and bonding approach significantly simplifies the process for fabricating microfluidic structures in hard polymers such as PMMA...
- A microfluidic device using a green organic light emitting diode as an integrated excitation sourceBo Yao
Department of Chemistry, Tsinghua University, Beijing, 100084, China
Lab Chip 5:1041-7. 2005..3) and 1.4 fmol and 35 fmol mass detection limits at 0.7 nl injection volume for Alexa and Rhodamine dye have been obtained, respectively...
- Fabrication of poly(methyl methacrylate) capillary electrophoresis microchips by in situ surface polymerizationGuoxi Xu
Department of Chemistry, Fudan University, Shanghai, 200433, China
Lab Chip 6:145-8. 2006..The new approach significantly simplifies the process for fabricating PMMA devices and could be applied to other materials that undergo light-initiated polymerization...
- Increase of reaction rate and sensitivity of low-abundance enzyme assay using micro/nanofluidic preconcentration chipJeong Hoon Lee
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Anal Chem 80:3198-204. 2008..This micro/nanofluidic preconcentrator chip could be used as a generic micro reaction platform to study any enzyme-substrate systems, or other biochemical reaction systems in low concentration ranges...
- Supercooled micro flows and application for asymmetric synthesisShinya Matsuoka
Department of Applied Chemistry, School of Engineering, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo, Tokyo, 113 8656, Japan
Lab Chip 6:1236-8. 2006..Then, the supercooled micro flow was applied to an asymmetric reaction in micro two-phase flow of aqueous and CH2Cl2 phases. As expected from thermodynamic prediction, enantiomeric selectivity increased in the supercooled state of water...
- Integrated potentiostat for neurotransmitter sensing. A high sensitivity, wide range VLSI design and chipKartikeya Murari
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
IEEE Eng Med Biol Mag 24:23-9. 2005
- Microreactors as tools in the hands of synthetic chemistsP H Seeberger
Laboratory for Organic Chemistry, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH Zurich, HCI F 315, Wolfgang Pauli Str 10, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Ernst Schering Found Symp Proc . 2006..An overview of microfluidic devices available for chemical synthesis is provided and some specific examples, mainly from our laboratory, are discussed to illustrate the potential of microreactors...
- Magnetron sputtered diamond-like carbon microelectrodes for on-chip measurement of quantal catecholamine release from cellsYuanfang Gao
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Missouri Columbia, 243 Engineering Bldg West, Columbia, MO, 65211, USA
Biomed Microdevices 10:623-9. 2008..Therefore, DLC:N microelectrodes are suitable for microchip-based high-throughput measurement of quantal exocytosis with applications in basic research, drug discovery and cell-based biosensors...
- Chip-NMR biosensor for detection and molecular analysis of cellsHakho Lee
Center for Systems Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 185 Cambridge Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Nat Med 14:869-74. 2008..The DMR technology shows promise as a robust and portable diagnostic device...
- Surface modification of glycidyl-containing poly(methyl methacrylate) microchips using surface-initiated atom-transfer radical polymerizationXuefei Sun
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah 84602 5700, USA
Anal Chem 80:856-63. 2008..We obtained excellent capillary electrophoresis (CE) separations of proteins and peptides with the PEG-modified microchips. A separation efficiency of 4.4 x 10(4) plates for a 3.5 cm long separation channel was obtained...
- Nano fountain pen manufacture of polymer lenses for nano-biochip applicationsMordechai Sokuler
Department of Biotechnology Engineering, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, P O Box 653, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
Nano Lett 6:848-53. 2006..Using this approach, it is possible to strategically place single microlenses at predefined positions with very high accuracy, an ability which may prove very useful for nano-biochip applications, as demonstrated...
- Piezo- and solenoid valve-based liquid dispensing for miniaturized assaysWalter D Niles
Aurora Discovery, Inc, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Assay Drug Dev Technol 3:189-202. 2005..Some basic principles of small-volume dispensing by jetting are described to provide context for dispenser design and function. Performance of the latest instruments incorporating these dispensing devices is presented...
- Separation and simultaneous determination of uric acid and ascorbic acid on a dynamically modified poly(dimethylsiloxane) microchipJianding Qiu
Department of Chemistry, Nanchang University, Nanchang 330031, P R China
Anal Sci 23:1409-14. 2007..This method was successfully used to determine uric acid and ascorbic acid in human urine...
- A microchip sensor for calcium determinationP Caglar
Department of Chemistry, Hacettepe University, Beytepe 06532, Ankara, Turkey
Anal Bioanal Chem 386:1303-12. 2006..57 x 10(-5) - 5.71 x 10(-4) M Ca(2+), with a limit of detection (LOD) of 2.68 x 10(-5) M. The microchip biosensor was then applied for clinical analysis of calcium ions in serum with good results...
- Sample analysis with miniaturized plasmasJoachim Franzke
ISAS Institute for Analytical Sciences, Bunsen Kirchhoff Str 11, 44139 Dortmund, Germany
Appl Spectrosc 60:80A-90A. 2006
- A multicellular spheroid array to realize spheroid formation, culture, and viability assay on a chipYu suke Torisawa
Graduate School of Environmental Studies, Tohoku University, Sendai 980 8579, Japan
Biomaterials 28:559-66. 2007..Our spheroid culture system facilitated the understanding of spheroid formation, culture, and viability assay on a single chip, thus functioning as a useful drug-screening device for cancer and liver cells...
- Online monitoring of BALB/3T3 metabolism and adhesion with multiparametric chip-based systemL Ceriotti
Nanotechnology and Molecular Imaging Unit, Institute for Health and Consumer Protection, Joint Research Centre, I 21020 Ispra, Italy
Anal Biochem 371:92-104. 2007..The results show a good sensitivity of the system combined with the advantages of the online and label-free detection methods that allow following cell status before, during, and after the treatment in the same experiment...
- A plastic microchip for nucleic acid purificationYuxin Liu
Department of Physics and Astronomy, Vanderbilt Institute for Integrative Biosystem Research and Education, Vanderbilt University, 6301 Stevenson Center, Nashville, TN 37235, USA
Biomed Microdevices 9:769-76. 2007..monocytogenes, E. coli, and S. typhimurium cells, respectively. With the simplicity of the plastic chip's fabrication and DNA purification, our microchip makes it ideal for a miniaturized DNA testing system...
- A flexible polymer tube lab-chip integrated with microsensors for smart microcatheterChunyan Li
Microsystems and BioMEMS Laboratory, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Cincinnati, 814 Rhodes Hall, Cincinnati, OH, 45221 0030, USA
Biomed Microdevices 10:671-9. 2008....
- Electrochemical microdevice with separable electrode and antibody chips for simultaneous detection of pepsinogens 1 and 2Daichi Ogasawara
Graduate School of Environmental Studies, Tohoku University, 6 6 11 Aoba, Aramaki, Sendai 980 8579, Japan
Biosens Bioelectron 21:1784-90. 2006..No marked decrease in electrochemical responses was detected after repeated use. Reuse of the electrode chip is beneficial to reduce costs of protein analysis...
- Simultaneous determination of nitrate and nitrite in biological fluids by capillary electrophoresis and preliminary study on their determination by microchip capillary electrophoresisTakashi Miyado
Human Stress Signal Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Ikeda, Osaka, Japan
J Chromatogr A 1051:185-91. 2004..The method was applied to human serum and saliva. We obtained peaks due to nitrite and nitrate in 10-fold diluted saliva...
- Advantages of downsizing electrochemical detection for DNA assaysIngrid Fritsch
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 72701, USA
Anal Bioanal Chem 387:159-63. 2007
- Chip-scale sensor system integration for portable health monitoringNan M Jokerst
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708 0291, USA
Anesth Analg 105:S42-7, tables of contents. 2007....
- Microchip technology in ion-channel researchFred J Sigworth
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520 8026, USA
IEEE Trans Nanobioscience 4:121-7. 2005..Recent developments in microfabricated patch-clamp electrodes are reviewed, and technical challenges for the future are discussed...
- Spectrometric determination of the refractive index of optical wave guiding materials used in lab-on-a-chip applicationsAndres M Cardenas-Valencia
University of South Florida, Marine Science College, Center for Ocean Technology, St Petersburg 33626, USA
Appl Spectrosc 60:322-9. 2006..01 refractive index units (RIU) were obtained for PMMA and glass samples, and an average precision of 0.09 RIU for the PDMS molded slide between 550 and 750 nm was obtained...
- Nanoscale biosensors: significant advantages over larger devices?J Justin Gooding
School of Chemistry, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Small 2:313-5. 2006
- Towards single biomolecule handling and characterization by MEMSHideyuki F Arata
Institute of Industrial Science IIS, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1, Komaba, Meguro ku, Tokyo, 153 8505, Japan
Anal Bioanal Chem 391:2385-93. 2008..Therefore, the development of MEMS devices for single molecule analysis holds promise to overcome the disadvantages of the conventional technique for biological experiments and acts as a powerful strategy in molecular biology...
- High-throughput determination of glutathione and reactive oxygen species in single cells based on fluorescence images in a microchannelNing Gao
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Shandong University, Jinan, P R China
Electrophoresis 28:3966-75. 2007..For gastric cancer cells, the concentrations of GSH and ROS are in the range 0.35x10(-3)-1.3x10(-3) mol/L and 0.77x10(-) (6)-1.5x10(-6) mol/L, respectively...
- Integrated refractive index optical ring resonator detector for capillary electrophoresisHongying Zhu
Department of Biological Engineering, 240D Life Sciences Center, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
Anal Chem 79:930-7. 2007..The investigation in this regard will open a door to novel high-throughput CE devices and lab-on-a-chip sensors in the future...
- Micro- and nanotechnology in cell separationMilica Radisic
Institute of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Int J Nanomedicine 1:3-14. 2006..The examples in each category were selected to illustrate separation principles and technical solutions as well as challenges facing this rapidly emerging field...
- Electrochemical detection method for nonelectroactive and electroactive analytes in microchip electrophoresisJing Juan Xu
Key Laboratory of Life Analytical Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Nanjing University, Nanjing, 210093, P R China
Anal Chem 76:6902-7. 2004..This method has shown its essential importance in the analysis of inorganic cations, biomolecules, and electroosmotic flow rates. Based on preliminary results, a detection limit of 1.0 microM for K(+) and Na(+) have been achieved...
- Development of a renal microchip for in vitro distal tubule modelsRegis Baudoin
CNRS SATIE BIOMIS, Ecole Normale Superieure de Cachan, Campus de Ker Lann, Bruz, France
Biotechnol Prog 23:1245-53. 2007....
- Microfluidic cell electroporation using a mechanical valveJun Wang
Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Birck Nanotechnology Center, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
Anal Chem 79:9584-7. 2007..It also offers the potential of integrating electroporation as a unit operation in large-scale microfluidic systems with the increasing application of elastomeric valves in these systems...
- Microfluidic applications for andrologyRonald Suh
Department of Urology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0617, USA
J Androl 26:664-70. 2005
- Chip devices for miniaturized biotechnologyJ Michael Köhler
Technische Universitat Ilmenau, Institut fur Physik, Fachgebiet Physikalische Chemie Mikroreaktionstechnik, Stiftungslehrstuhl der Deutschen Bundesstiftung Umwelt, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 69:113-25. 2005....
- Droplet-based DNA purification in a magnetic lab-on-a-chipUlrike Lehmann
Institute of Microelectronics and Microsystems, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 45:3062-7. 2006
- Microfluidic platform for single nucleotide polymorphism genotyping of the thiopurine S-methyltransferase gene to evaluate risk for adverse drug eventsJeeshan Chowdhury
Cross Cancer Institute, 11560 University Ave, Edmonton AB T6G1Z2, Canada
J Mol Diagn 9:521-9. 2007..This is the first report of single nucleotide polymorphism detection using portable instrumentation and represents a significant step toward miniaturized for personalized treatment and automated point-of-care testing...
- Power-free sequential injection for microchip immunoassay toward point-of-care testingKazuo Hosokawa
Bioengineering Laboratory, RIKEN, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Lab Chip 6:236-41. 2006..21 nM (0.21 fmol) and 0.42 nM (0.42 fmol), respectively...
- High-sensitivity, disposable lab-on-a-chip with thin-film organic electronics for fluorescence detectionAndrea Pais
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Cincinnati, 814 Rhodes Hall, ML030, Cincinnati, OH 45221, USA
Lab Chip 8:794-800. 2008....
- Analysis of single mammalian cells on-chipChristopher E Sims
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Lab Chip 7:423-40. 2007..Focus areas to be covered include flow cytometry, electrophoretic analysis of cell contents, fluorescent-indicator-based analyses, cells as small volume reactors, control of the cellular microenvironment, and single-cell PCR...
- Development of a respirometric biochip for embryo assessmentCiara O'Donovan
Biochemistry Department, Analytical and Biological Chemistry Research Facility, Cavanagh Pharmacy Building, Universlty College Cork, Cork, Ireland
Lab Chip 6:1438-44. 2006..They provide a non-invasive, simple and convenient means for assessing preimplantation embryo metabolism...
- Genotyping by dynamic heating of monolayered beads on a microheated surfaceAman Russom
Department of Signals, Sensors and Systems, Microsystem Technology, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
Electrophoresis 25:3712-9. 2004..Our bead-based DASH approach has enabled a dramatic volume reduction and is a step towards developing a cost-effective high-throughput DASH method on arrays of single beads...
- Microchip-based enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (microELISA) system with thermal lens detectionKiichi Sato
Department of Applied Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Lab Chip 4:570-5. 2004..Moreover, detection procedures were greatly simplified and required time for the detection was significantly cut. The system has good potential to be developed as a small and automated high throughput analyzer...
- Meeting design challenges of ultralow-power system-on-chip technologySteve Morris
Research and Development, Ultra Low Power Communications Division, Roborough, Plymouth, UK
Med Device Technol 15:30-4. 2004..New-generation battery-powered products are required to provide increasingly greater performance. This article examines technology solutions and design techniques that can be employed to achieve ultralow-power medical devices...
- Actin filament guidance on a chip: toward high-throughput assays and lab-on-a-chip applicationsMark Sundberg
Department of Chemistry and Biomedical Sciences, University of Kalmar, SE 39182 Kalmar, Sweden
Langmuir 22:7286-95. 2006..The results are discussed in relation to lab-on-a-chip applications and nanotechnology-assisted assays of actomyosin function...
- A SERS-active nanocrystalline pd substrate and its nanopatterning leading to biochip fabricationThiruvelu Bhuvana
Chemistry and Physics of Materials Unit and DST Unit on Nanoscience Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research Jakkur P O, Bangalore 560 064, India
Small 4:670-6. 2008..The electron-resist behavior of Pd thiolate is exploited in conceptualizing a prototype chip with patterned Pd regions that are SERS active, called "SERS bits", which host different biomolecules...
- The quantitative characterization of free radical sources and traps by electromigration applicationsGabriella Donáth-Nagy
University of Medicine and Pharmacy from Targu Mures, Romania
J Biochem Biophys Methods 70:1317-23. 2008..This method is based on measure of the catalytic polarografic current of Fe(III) in the presence of free radical sources (TBH, hydrogen-peroxydes), and their traps. Personal contribution of the authors in this field is discussed...
- A more womb-like chip for IVF was born in JapanHl Xu
The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Biosci Trends 1:117-8. 2007..He is, however, aware that fertility treatment is still an invasive, psychologically challenging procedure and that it could take at least five years for the technology to reach clinics...
- Multiscale variation-aware techniques for high-performance digital microfluidic lab-on-a-chip component placementChen Liao
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Michigan Technological University, Houghton, MI 49931, USA
IEEE Trans Nanobioscience 10:51-8. 2011..9% reduction in completion time. When considering variations, the variation-unaware design has the average yield of 2%, while our variation-aware technique always satisfies the yield constraint with only 7.7% completion time increase...
- Bio-microfluidics: biomaterials and biomimetic designsPeter Domachuk
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Tufts University Medford, Massachusetts 02155, USA
Adv Mater 22:249-60. 2010....
- Optimization of the method of RNA isolation from paraffin blocks to assess gene expression in breast cancerM Jarzab
Maria Skłodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Center and Institute of Oncology, Gliwice Branch, Gliwice
Pol J Pathol 59:85-91. 2008..It was also noted that the storage time did not affect the amount of RNA obtained from a block: while isolating RNA from freshly prepared blocks, we achieved similar concentrations as when analyzing the archival material...
- A clinical trial for therapeutic drug monitoring using microchip-based fluorescence polarization immunoassayTomoya Tachi
Department of Applied Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Nagoya University, Nagoya 464 8603, Japan
Anal Bioanal Chem 401:2301-5. 2011..It is essential to use real samples from patients and to confirm good correlations with conventional methods for a study on the realization of microchip...
- The effect of sample treatment on separation profiles of tear fluid proteins: qualitative and semi-quantitative protein determination by an automated analysis systemOtto Schmut
University Eye Hospital, Auenbruggerplatz 4, 8036 Graz, Austria
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 240:900-5. 2002..A new method for protein separation, identification and semi-quantitative determination on a chip-based micro-fluidic technique is used for the first time to investigate tear fluids...
- Where are we in genomics?J F Hocquette
INRA, Herbivore Research Unit, Muscle Growth and Metabolism Group, Theix, 63122 Saint Genes Champanelle, France
J Physiol Pharmacol 56:37-70. 2005..In addition, there is a great need for more information and better understanding of genomics before complete public acceptance...
- Over-expression of GTP-binding proteins and GTPase activity in mouse astrocyte membranes in response to Theiler's murine encephalomyelitis virus infectionNazario Rubio
Instituto Cajal, C S I C, Madrid, Spain
J Neurochem 104:100-12. 2008..Here we demonstrate that one of the mechanisms triggered by TMEV infection of astrocytes is the up-regulation of proteins related to GTP metabolism, one important signal transduction system in mammalian cells...
- Use of the DiversiLab repetitive sequence-based PCR system for genotyping and identification of ArchaeaDavid Cleland
Bacteriology Program, American Type Culture Collection, Manassas, VA, United States
J Microbiol Methods 73:172-8. 2008..Based on these results, rep-PCR was a useful tool for the genotyping and strain identification of Archaea...
- Lab-on-a-chip for label free biological semiconductor analysis of staphylococcal enterotoxin BMinghui Yang
Center for Advanced Sensor Technology, University of Maryland Baltimore County, MD 21250, USA
Lab Chip 10:2534-40. 2010..Such an approach has potential use for point-of-care medical and environmental testing...
- Lab on a chip genotyping for Brucella spp. based on 15-loci multi locus VNTR analysisRiccardo De Santis
Sezione di Istologia e Biologia molecolare, Centro Studi e Ricerche di Sanità e Veterinaria Militare, Via Santo Stefano Rotondo 4, Rome, Italy
BMC Microbiol 9:66. 2009..In this paper a rapid, accurate and reproducible system, based on the Lab on a chip technology was set up for Brucella spp. genotyping...
- Microchip DNA electrophoresis with automated whole-gel scanning detectionRoger C Lo
Artie McFerrin Department of Chemical Engineering, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 3122, USA
Lab Chip 8:2135-45. 2008....
- Multifunctional microvalves control by optical illumination on nanoheaters and its application in centrifugal microfluidic devicesJong Myeon Park
Bio Device Research Lab, Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology, P O Box 111, Suwon, 440 600, Korea
Lab Chip 7:557-64. 2007..It showed that the optical control of multiple microvalves is fast, robust, simple to operate, and requires minimal chip space and thus is well suited for fully integrated lab-on-a-chip applications...
- Nanodiagnostics: application of nanotechnology in molecular diagnosticsK K Jain
Jain PharmaBiotech, Basel, Switzerland
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 3:153-61. 2003..All this has applications in population diagnostics and in point-of-care hand-held devices...
- Multiplexed high-throughput electrokinetically-controlled immunoassay for the detection of specific bacterial antibodies in human serumYali Gao
Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, University of Toronto, 5 King s College Road, Toronto, Ontario M5S 3G8, Canada
Anal Chim Acta 606:98-107. 2008..pylori antibodies, could be simultaneously detected from human serum. This electrokinetically-controlled immunoassay shows an excellent potential for efficiently detecting multiple pathogenic infections in clinical environments...
- Opto-electronic DNA chip-based integrated card for clinical diagnosticsGilles Marchand
Equipe commune bioMérieux Leti, CEA Leti DTBS, 17 Avenue des Martyrs, 38054 Grenoble Cedex 09, France
Biomed Microdevices 10:35-45. 2008..Finally, we suggest a complete design of a card dedicated to automation of a complex biological protocol with a fully electrical fluid handling and DNA chip reading...
- Toward sensitive, quantitative point-of-care testing (POCT) of protein markers: miniaturization of a homogeneous time-resolved fluoroimmunoassay for prostate-specific antigen detectionAnnette Kupstat
Universitat Potsdam, Institut fur Chemie, Physikalische Chemie, Karl Liebknecht Straße 24 25, 14476, Potsdam Golm, Germany
Analyst 136:1029-35. 2011..These features strongly recommend our assay format to be utilized in innovative, sensitive, quantitative POCT of protein markers...
- Spectrally resolved flow imaging of fluids inside a microfluidic chip with ultrahigh time resolutionElad Harel
Materials Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, and Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
J Magn Reson 193:199-206. 2008..This method has implications for observing fast processes, such as fluid mixing, rapid binding, and certain classes of chemical reactions with sub millisecond time resolution and as a new modality for on-chip chromatography...
- Droplet microfluidics for high-throughput analysis of cells and particlesMichele Zagnoni
Centre for Microsystems and Photonics, Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, G1 1XW, UK
Methods Cell Biol 102:25-48. 2011..Examples are reported and discussed to show how DM can provide novel systems with applications in high-throughput, quantitative cell and particle analysis...
- Graft linker immobilization for spatial control of protein immobilization inside fused microchipsKentaro Shirai
Department of Applied Chemistry, School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo, Hongo, Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan
Electrophoresis 30:4251-5. 2009..Hence, the attractive features of many well-known protein and biomolecule repelling polymer coatings can be utilized while achieving site-specific immobilization only to pre-determined areas within the bonded microchips...
- Water-oil core-shell droplets for electrowetting-based digital microfluidic devicesDaniel Brassard
Industrial Materials Institute, National Research Council, Boucherville, QC, CanadaJ4B 6Y4
Lab Chip 8:1342-9. 2008..In particular, this configuration not only reduces the operation voltage of EWOD-based devices but also leads to higher transport velocities when compared with the manipulation of droplets directly in air or oil...
- Microfluidic platforms for lab-on-a-chip applicationsStefan Haeberle
HSG IMI Institute for Micromachining and Information Technology, 78052 Villingen Schwenningen, Germany
Lab Chip 7:1094-110. 2007..The microfluidic unit operations discussed within those platforms are fluid transport, metering, mixing, switching, incubation, separation, droplet formation, droplet splitting, nL and pL dispensing, and detection...
- Active transport of oil droplets along oriented microtubules by kinesin molecular motorsCéline Bottier
LIMMS CNRS IIS, Institute of Industrial Science, Tokyo University, 153 5805, Tokyo, Japan
Lab Chip 9:1694-700. 2009..We correlate these results with the number of kinesin motors involved in the transport process and find an excellent agreement between our experimental result and a theoretical model...
- Implementation of droplet-membrane-droplet liquid-phase microextraction under stagnant conditions for lab-on-a-chip applicationsTiina Sikanen
Division of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, P O Box 56, FI 00014, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Anal Chim Acta 658:133-40. 2010..As a result, recoveries for Bodipy FL C(5) and Oregon Green 488 from human urine were 15 and 25%, respectively...
- FRET for lab-on-a-chip devices - current trends and future prospectsSmitha S Varghese
CSIRO Materials Science and Engineering, PO Box 56, Highett, Melbourne, VIC 3190, Australia
Lab Chip 10:1355-64. 2010..The future prospects for development of microfluidic devices incorporating FRET detection will be discussed...
- Towards disposable lab-on-a-chip: poly(methylmethacrylate) microchip electrophoresis device with electrochemical detectionJoseph Wang
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM 88003, USA
Electrophoresis 23:596-601. 2002..Such coupling of low-cost PMMA-based microchips with thick-film electrochemical detectors holds great promise for mass production of single-use micrototal analytical systems...
- Simulation-based analysis of fluid flow and electrokinetic phenomena in microfluidic devicesSiva Krishnamoorthy
CFD Research Corporation, Biomedical Technology, 215 Wynn Drive, Suite 501, Huntsville, AL 35805, USA
Clin Lab Med 27:41-59. 2007..The limitations of these modeling techniques and future needs are discussed...
- Bioconjugated lanthanide luminescent helicates as multilabels for lab-on-a-chip detection of cancer biomarkersVanesa Fernández-Moreira
Laboratory of Lanthanide Supramolecular Chemistry, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, BCH 1402, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Analyst 135:42-52. 2010....
- An integrated digital microfluidic lab-on-a-chip for clinical diagnostics on human physiological fluidsVijay Srinivasan
Department of Electrical Engineering, Duke University, 130 Hudson Hall, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Lab Chip 4:310-5. 2004..The pipelined operation of two glucose assays is shown on a prototype digital microfluidic lab-on-chip, as a proof-of-concept...
- The evolution of real-time PCR machines to real-time PCR chipsDasheng Lee
Department of Energy and Refrigerating Air Conditioning Engineering, National Taipei University of Technology, No 1, Sec 3, Chung Hsiao E Rd, Taipei 106, Taiwan, ROC
Biosens Bioelectron 25:1820-4. 2010..Real-time PCR chips are not perfectly accurate diagnostic tools for a laboratory but they have advantages over traditional techniques for point-of-care testing...
- Lab-on-a-chip sample preparation using laminar fluid diffusion interfaces--computational fluid dynamics model results and fluidic verification experimentsB H Weigl
Micronics Inc, Redmond, WA 98052, USA
Fresenius J Anal Chem 371:97-105. 2001....
- Magnetically controlled rotation and torque of uniaxial microactuators for lab-on-a-chip applicationsAndrea Ranzoni
Philips Research, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Lab Chip 10:179-88. 2010....
- A lab-on-a-chip platform for studying the subcellular functional proteome of neuronal axonsHuei Ing Wu
Institute of Molecular Medicine, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan, Republic of China
Lab Chip 10:647-53. 2010..With these diverse applications, the chip device described here will serve as a powerful platform for studying the functional proteome of neuronal axons...
- ELISA-LOC: lab-on-a-chip for enzyme-linked immunodetectionSteven Sun
Division of Biology, Office of Science and Engineering, FDA, Silver Spring, MD 20993, USA
Lab Chip 10:2093-100. 2010..This simple point-of-care (POC) system is useful for carrying out various immunological assays and other complex medical assays without a laboratory...
- Biomimetic cilia arrays generate simultaneous pumping and mixing regimesA R Shields
Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 27599, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:15670-5. 2010....
- Nanoliter Lab-on-a-chip for Protein CrystallizationVamsee Pamula; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Integrated Microfluidic Platform for Point-of-Care SerodiagnosticsXiaowu Liang; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal is an effective integration of emerging microarray technologies and will set the stage for future serological detection systems. ..
- Lab-on-a-chip for Neonatal Hyperbilirubinemia ScreeningVijay Srinivasan; Fiscal Year: 2012..This inexpensive device would be greatly useful in rapid identification and to enable early treatment. ..
- Correlating and Quantifying Mechanically-induced Bone Cell MicrodamageMarnie M Saunders; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Point of care microfluidic diagnosis system for rapid and sensitive detection ofMichel G Bergeron; Fiscal Year: 2013..These POCTs will help public health authorities to define new operational strategies for both lab-based and field-based applications. ..
- Monitoring Red Cell Metabolism using a Lab on a ChipDana M Spence; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such determinations will help identify the role of RBCs in diabetic complications, thus improving the health of patients with diabetes. ..
- Microchip to Detect Influenza Infection and Type in Nasopharyngeal SwabsCatherine M Klapperich; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Inexpensive multiplexed ligation probe assay to genotype drug resistant M.tubbercHEATHER KOSHINSKY; Fiscal Year: 2012..If successful, this can hel the global effort to control TB and prevent the spread of drug resistance. ..
- Effects of Shear on Specific Adhesion Receptor Expression and Binding in the BactJames D Bryers; Fiscal Year: 2010..2. Quantify the kinetics of FNBR adhesin receptor expression on SE surfaces, as function of bacterial growth condition and prevailing fluid shear;both as planktonic and adherent cells. ..
- Lab-on-a-chip Flow Cytometer Using COlor-Space-Time (COST) Coding MethodJOSE MANUEL MORACHIS; Fiscal Year: 2011..The proposed system substantially extends the original university technology with the invention of the COlor- Space-Time (COST) coding technique which allows multi-parameter detection using a single photo multiplier tube (PMT) detector. ..
- Biomarkers of sick sinus syndromeLiang Tang; Fiscal Year: 2013..System integration of nanoSPR biochip with portable optical detector will transform bio-analysis in clinical environment to a point of care format for prime time medical diagnostics to improve clinical outcome. ..
- Multiplex platform for point of care newborn screening of hyperbilirubinemiaNICHOLAS TROTTA; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this project, assays will be developed for unbound bilirubin, albumin, and carboxyhemoglobin in the digital microfluidic format and results will be compared with those obtained using standard laboratory methods at Duke University. ..
- Development of a computational model for improved diagnostic accuracy of DNA micrDavid A Stahl; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal addresses this untapped potential by developing new tools to guide data analysis and improve the diagnostic accuracy of DNA microarrays. ..
- Lab-on-a-chip Flow Cytometer Using COlor-Space-Time (COST) Coding MethodJOSE MANUEL MORACHIS; Fiscal Year: 2012..These technology and business goals will have a direct impact on basic research and clinical applications to enhance the health and wellbeing of the entire population. ..
- Monitoring of Oral Cancer Patients Using Novel Lab-on-a-Chip EnsemblesJohn T McDevitt; Fiscal Year: 2012..The new methods are projected to benefit greatly both patients and clinicians, while at the same time lowering associated healthcare costs. ..
- Biological Response Indicators of Environment Stress CentersSTEPHEN MORRIS RAPPAPORT; Fiscal Year: 2011..It will also develop the technology to utilize protein adducts as biomarkers of internal dose in large epidemiology studies. ..
- Point-of-Care Nucleic Acid Test for Cytomegalovirus for Newborn Hearing ScreeningVamsee K Pamula; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Point Detection of Pathogens in Oral Samples via UPTDaniel Malamud; Fiscal Year: 2010..pyogenes in oral samples, the platform can easily be converted to look at other types of samples (blood, nasopharyngeal and oral swabs, urine), and other pathogens including emerging infectious agents such as avian H5N1 virus. ..
- Lab on a chip point of care assay for the rapid serodiagnosis of Lyme diseaseMARIA GOMES-SOLECKI; Fiscal Year: 2012..A rapid, stage-specific assay for the serodiagnosis of Lyme disease is a much sought after device that will advance diagnostic testing beyond the current state of the art. ..
- Multiplexed Onchip Nanomagnetic Immunoassay for TOxin Reporting (MONITOR)John Collins; Fiscal Year: 2012..This novel point-of-care platform will use blood as the diagnostic medium and bridge state-of-the-art microfluidics with magneto resistive nanosensors for the rapid quantization of an oral cancer in a compact analytical instrument. ..
- Capillary Electrophoresis and Protein BiophysicsGeorge M Whitesides; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Single Molecule Technology for Genome-Wide Association StudiesCharles M Schroeder; Fiscal Year: 2011..Linking of fluorescent probes to these molecular tags;4.) Development of methods for extraction and manipulation of intact genomic DNA from cells in a "lab-on-a-chip" format ..
- FISH "N" Chips: A Microfluidic Processor for Isolating and Analyzing MicrobesAnup K Singh; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our goal is to develop lab-on-a-chip technologies for isolating organisms from clinical samples and processing them, one at a time, for further genomic analysis. ..
- Comet-Chip: A High-Throughput DNA Damage Sensor for Enviornmental Health StudiesBevin P Engelward; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is hoped that the proposed technology will yield data to empower policy makers in the development of wise intervention strategies that will effectively prevent cancer and other illnesses, long before disease onset. ..
- Ading color to cancer, adenovirus and flow cytometry to identify and capture CTCsCLODAGH O'SHEA; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Bio-MicroElectroMechanical Systems (BioMEMS) Resource CenterMehmet Toner; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- A Microfluidic Protein Separation Device Based on DielectrophoresisAlexandra Ros; Fiscal Year: 2011..It will facilitate biomedical research and eventually clinical laboratory practice, in particular, rapid and on-site point of care diagnostics. ..
- A Microfluidic Protein Separation Device Based on DielectrophoresisAlexandra Ros; Fiscal Year: 2012..It will facilitate biomedical research and eventually clinical laboratory practice, in particular, rapid and on-site point of care diagnostics. ..
- Portable Lab-on-a-chip Flow Cytometer: Prototype and Application DevelopmentJOSE MANUEL MORACHIS; Fiscal Year: 2010..This new fully developed cytometer will serve demands for decentralized, inexpensive tools for cutting edge research applications in diverse fields including cancer, stem cell biology, immunology, pathology, and epigenetics. ..
- A low-cost point-of-care diagnostic test for simultaneous HIV-1 & STISAMUEL SIA; Fiscal Year: 2009..This proposal aims to develop a rapid point-of-care (POC) test that simultaneously diagnoses HIV-1 and two sexually transmitted infections (STI's), syphilis and genital herpes. ..
- A Compact Instrument for Time-Resolved Airborne Particle ChemistrySUSANNE VERA HERING; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal addresses the need to better understand the origins and concentrations of these particles by providing an affordable means for time-resolved assay of their chemical composition. ..
- TAS::75 0872::TAS TRANSLATIONAL PROGRAM OF EXCELLENCE IN NANOTECHNOLOGY (MGH)Ralph Weissleder; Fiscal Year: 2010..These advances in nanotechnology are likely to be of enormous benefit to medical science,and their translation will result in new diagnostic approaches and treatments of HLB disorders. ..
- Vascular mimetics to study inflammation and atherosclerosisSCOTT IRWIN SIMON; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Microchip-Based Perchlorate Analyzer for Water Remediation Monitoring and Field ADale Willard; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our online monitoring device will significantly reduce costs for remediation. In addition to lowering costs to existing remediation, it will also allow smaller communities address cleanup that would otherwise not have enough resources. ..
- Lab-on-a-chip for multiplexed newborn screening of lysosomal storage disordersVamsee K Pamula; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Nanodroplet PCR Lab-Chip for Clinical Pathogen DetectionMichael G Pollack; Fiscal Year: 2012..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: A system for the detection of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus will be developed to help control the spread of antibiotic-resistant bacteria in hospital settings. ..
- Two-Dimensional Microfluidic Platform for Rapid DNA Separation by Fragment LengthLINDA B MC GOWN; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Development of a lab-on-a-chip for point-of-care biomonitoring of blood metalsIan Papautsky; Fiscal Year: 2013..Collaboration with our commercialization partner will position the multi-metal sensor for wide-spread use in clinical and research settings. ..
- Multi-Metal Chip for Point-of-Care Monitoring in ChildrenIan Papautsky; Fiscal Year: 2011..The uniqueness of this study is the child-friendly requirement of only drops of blood for analysis, low-cost, ability to conduct multiple blood measurements, and potential use in large-scale clinic, occupational and research settings. ..
- MODULAR SURFACE PLASMON RESONANCE BIOSENSOR FOR IN-VITRO DETERMINATION OF PROTEINKarl S Booksh; Fiscal Year: 2010..High resolution separations are possible and 1000-fold preconcentration can be achieved with dielectrophoresis or addressable electrophoretic capture. ..
- A Novel All-Purpose Programmable and Scalable Biochip for Biomedical ApplicationsXing Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- Ultraprecision Diamond Machining of Conventional Non-Diamond Machinable MaterialsGang Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed technology aims to fabricate totally new devices, improve the quality of existing devices, lower manufacturing costs, and become a more universal rapid prototyping tool. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Lab-on-a-chip for Neonatal Hyperbilirubinemia ScreeningVijay Srinivasan; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed project aims to demonstrate a near-patient platform for screening neonates with very high levels of bilirubin (hyperbilirubinemia). The device would be greatly useful in rapid identification and enable early treatment. ..
- Development of A Lab-on-a-Chip System for Saliva-Based DiagnosticsJohn T McDevitt; Fiscal Year: 2012..Final data acquisition and FDA approval will be completed by year 5. ..
- Detection of Category A Pathogens by Gold NanoparticlesSteven Wolinsky; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Integrated molecular diagnostic system for the point-of-careHuimin Kong; Fiscal Year: 2012..At this stage Qiagen is the most likely manufacturer for the reader. At the conclusion of Phase II, we should be ready for clinical validation of the new assay system. ..
- Quantum Dots and Magnetic Nanoparticles for Ante-mortem Diagnosis of Prion InfectZORAIDA AGUILAR; Fiscal Year: 2009..The products can also be used to monitor drug and vaccine development and to monitor the efficacy of drugs, vaccine, or other therapeutic agents during medication. ..
- Minimally Invasive Micro-Nanoscale Tools and Devices for MedicineDAVID GRACIAS; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Portable Lab-on-a-chip Flow Cytometer: Prototype and Application DevelopmentJOSE MANUEL MORACHIS; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will validate this device with consultation from established researchers at UCSD and device manufactures (Becton-Dickinson and Life Technologies). ..
- Nanoliter Lab-on-a-chip for Protein CrystallizationVamsee Pamula; Fiscal Year: 2004..A coarse grid screen will be setup on the integrated lab-on-a-chip platform for demonstrating software programmable set up of screening conditions and crystallization of Lysozyme. ..
- Lab-on-a-chip for multiplexed newborn screening of lysosomal storage disordersVamsee Pamula; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nanoliter Lab-on-a-Chip for Rapid Parallel ImmunoassaysVamsee Pamula; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our eventual goal is to develop a nanoliter, rapid, fully automated, hand-held point-of-analysis/point-of-care analyzer that integrates clinical chemistry, molecular diagnostics, and immunoassays. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Materials and Strategies for Lab-on-a-ChipSonia Grego; Fiscal Year: 2007..Advances in fabrication techniques, such as nanoimprint lithography, for micro- and nanofluidic applications [unreadable] On-chip detection approaches [unreadable] World-to-chip interface [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Automatic Compilation and Optimization for Programmable Lab on a ChipAhmed Amin; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal aims to develop a full automatic compiler and optimization infrastructure that will make it easier for assay-writers to develop new protocols and reduce barriers to market adoption of PLoC devices. ..
- Microfluidic PCR Platform to Detect Microbial DNAThomas Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2009..This project may ultimately lead to an integrated and portable lab-on-a-chip diagnostic platform for the fully automated, rapid detection of a panel of infectious diseases by real-time PCR. ..
- BREATH-BY-BREATH NON-INVASIVE CARDIAC OUTPUT MONITORJERRY CALKINS; Fiscal Year: 2000..A lightweight, rugged device would be ideally suited for use in field environments such as the ambulance and MEDEVAC transport, as well as the doctor's office, clinic, the ER and ICU. ..
- DNA Purification and Analysis of Nanoengineered SurfacesMichael Reed; Fiscal Year: 2004..Incorporating these "fluorogenic" DNA binding materials into a microfluidics device will simplify and standardize isolation of DNA and provide more reliable genetic analysis. ..
- A PROGRAMMABLE LIGHT SOURCE FOR MICROFLUIDIC DEVICESMARKUS HEHLEN; Fiscal Year: 1999..PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: The proposed commercial application is a compact, programmable light source for microfluidic devices/instruments. ..
- Photoablation System to Make Microfluidic StructuresKANTI JAIN; Fiscal Year: 2003..The applications of these constructions are far-ranging, including medical diagnostics, chemical detection and fabrication, and water quality control. ..
- One dimensional transport equations for CE systems by asymptotic homogenizationSandip Ghosal; Fiscal Year: 2009..The emergence of such devices would have an enormous impact on human health as they would enable biochemical analyses (such as DNA sequencing) that currently take months or years to be completed in minutes. ..
- Nucleic Acid Binding & Amplifications MatricesJEFFREY IVES; Fiscal Year: 2002..A list of the most prominent would include health care, biowarfare defense, food and water safety, environmental monitoring, screening for genetic predispositions, tissue typing, forensics, and parentage verification. ..
- INTEGRATED DNA SEQUENCING SYSTEMStevan Jovanovich; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of the external testing will be used to verify the system performance, refine the prototypes, and streamline the integration of this new technology into genome centers and core facilities. ..
- Phage Display Tools for Automated Blood TypingDonald Siegel; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- High-Throughput Plastic Microfabrication Technologies for Smart Lab-on-a-ChipsANIRUDDHA PUNTAMBEKAR; Fiscal Year: 2009..The manufacturing processes proposed in this work, for microfluidic lab-on-a-chips, are crucial for successful commercialization of this technology. ..
- Differential Interference Contrast Optofluidic MicroscopyChanghuei Yang; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Compact sheath-flow-free multichannel flow cytometerJody Vykoukal; Fiscal Year: 2005..The long-term goal of this project is to yield a small footprint, or perhaps even hand held, flow cytometer that could be commercialized as a high-performance, low-cost alternative to conventional flow cytometers. ..