Genomes and Genes
Summary: Measurement of distances or movements by means of the phenomena caused by the interference of two rays of light (optical interferometry) or of sound (acoustic interferometry).
Publications367 found, 100 shown here
- Partial coherence interferometry: a novel approach to biometry in cataract surgeryW Drexler
Institut für Medizinische Physik, Universitat Wien, Vienna, Austria
Am J Ophthalmol 126:524-34. 1998To compare biometry performed by an enhanced version of dual beam partial coherence interferometry and applanation ultrasound in a prospective study of 85 cataract eyes to improve refractive outcome of cataract surgery due to a more ..
- Suppression of air refractive index variations in high-resolution interferometryJosef Lazar
Institute of Scientific Instruments, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Kralovopolska 147, Brno 612 64, Czech Republic
Sensors (Basel) 11:7644-55. 2011..Over a 1 K temperature range an agreement on the level of 5 × 10(-8) has been achieved...
- Accuracy of a new partial coherence interferometry analyser for biometric measurementsM P Holzer
International Vision Correction Research Centre, IVCRC, Department of Ophthalmology, Ruprecht Karls University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Br J Ophthalmol 93:807-10. 2009Precise biometry is an essential preoperative measurement for refractive surgery as well as cataract surgery. A new device based on partial coherence interferometry technology was tested and evaluated for accuracy of measurements.
- Thermo-optic control of dielectric-loaded plasmonic waveguide componentsJacek Gosciniak
Institute of Sensors, Signals and Electrotechnics SENSE, University of Southern Denmark, Niels Bohrs Alle 1, Odense M, Denmark
Opt Express 18:1207-16. 2010..Strong output modulation (> 20%) is demonstrated with MZI- and WRR-based components, and efficient (approximately 30%) rerouting is achieved with DC switches...
- Cadaveric and in vivo human joint imaging based on differential phase contrast by X-ray Talbot-Lau interferometryJunji Tanaka
Department of Radiology, Saitama Medical University, 38 Morohongo, Moroyama, Iruma, Saitama 350 0495, Japan
Z Med Phys 23:222-7. 2013We developed an X-ray phase imaging system based on Talbot-Lau interferometry and studied its feasibility for clinical diagnoses of joint diseases...
- Fourier-domain low-coherence interferometry for light-scattering spectroscopyAdam Wax
Department of Biomedical Engineering and the Fitzpatrick Center for Photonics, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
Opt Lett 28:1230-2. 2003..Application of the technique to probing the size of cell nuclei in living epithelial tissues is discussed...
- Temperature-insensitive miniaturized fiber inline Fabry-Perot interferometer for highly sensitive refractive index measurementTao Wei
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Missouri University of Science and Technology, 1870 Miner Circle, Rolla, MO 65409 0040, USA
Opt Express 16:5764-9. 2008..1x10(-6) RIU/degrees C. The small size, all-fiber structure, small temperature dependence, linear response and high sensitivity, make the device attractive for chemical and biological sensing...
- Sources of error in intraocular lens power calculationSverker Norrby
AMO Groningen BV, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Cataract Refract Surg 34:368-76. 2008..To identify and quantify sources of error in the refractive outcome of cataract surgery...
- Effect of an oil-in-water emulsion on the tear physiology of patients with mild to moderate dry eyeSantosh Khanal
Department of Vision Sciences, Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Cornea 26:175-81. 2007..To determine the effect of an oil-in-water emulsion eye drop compared with a conventional dry eye supplement (hypromellose) on tear physiology in dry eye...
- Laser interferometric and cultivation methods for measurement of colistin/ampicilin and saponin interactions with smooth and rough of Proteus mirabilis lipopolysaccharides and cellsMichał Arabski
Department of Microbiology, Institute of Biology, The Jan Kochanowski University in Kielce, ul Swietokrzyska 15, 25 406, Kielce, Poland
J Microbiol Methods 77:178-83. 2009Laser interferometry is commonly used in permeability studies of soluble substances. In this study a modification that allowed testing partially insoluble mixtures is presented...
- Estimation of ocular rigidity based on measurement of pulse amplitude using pneumotonometry and fundus pulse using laser interferometry in glaucomaAnton Hommer
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:4046-50. 2008..In this study, the hypothesis was that patients with primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) have an abnormal ocular structural stiffness based on measurements of intraocular pressure amplitude and ocular fundus pulsation amplitude (FPA)...
- Measurement of aptamer-protein interactions with back-scattering interferometryIan R Olmsted
Anal Chem 83:8867-70. 2011We report the quantitative measurement of aptamer-protein interactions using backscattering interferometry (BSI) and show that BSI can determine when distinct binding regions are accessed...
- D-type fiber biosensor based on surface-plasmon resonance technology and heterodyne interferometryMing Hung Chiu
Department of Electro Optical Engineering, National Huwei University of Science and Technology, 64 Wunhua Road, Huwei Yulin 632, Taiwan, China
Opt Lett 30:233-5. 2005A D-type fiber biosensor based on surface-plasmon resonance (SPR) technology and heterodyne interferometry is presented...
- Vessel imaging by interferometric phase-contrast X-ray techniqueTohoru Takeda
Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba shi, Ibaraki, Japan
Circulation 105:1708-12. 2002....
- In vivo physiological saline-infused hepatic vessel imaging using a two-crystal-interferometer-based phase-contrast X-ray techniqueTohoru Takeda
Allied Health Sciences and Graduate School of Medical Science, Kitasato University, 1 15 1 Kitasato, Minami Ku, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 252 0373, Japan
J Synchrotron Radiat 19:252-6. 2012..This suggests that in vivo vessel imaging of small animals can be performed as conventional angiography without the side effects of the presently used iodine contrast agents...
- Small-angle scattering computed tomography (SAS-CT) using a Talbot-Lau interferometerand a rotating anode x-ray tube:theory and experimentsGuang Hong Chen
Department of Medical Physics, University of Wisconsin Madison, WI 53705, USA
Opt Express 18:12960-70. 2010..Next, a Talbot-Lau interferometer and a rotating-anode x-ray tube were used to implement SAS-CT. A physical phantom and human breast tissue sample were used to demonstrate the reconstructed SAS-CT image volumes...
- The Visian myopic implantable collamer lens does not significantly affect axial length measurement with the IOLMasterDonald R Sanders
University of Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary, Chicago, Ill, USA
J Refract Surg 24:957-9. 2008....
- Remote sensing of heart rate and patterns of respiration on a stationary subject using 94-GHz millimeter-wave interferometryIlya V Mikhelson
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 58:1671-7. 2011Using continuous wave, 94-GHz millimeter-wave interferometry, a signal representing chest wall motion can be obtained that contains both the heart rate and respiration patterns of a human subject...
- Imaging the ultrasmall-angle x-ray scattering distribution with grating interferometryP Modregger
Swiss Light Source, Paul Scherrer Institut, 5232 Villigen, Switzerland
Phys Rev Lett 108:048101. 2012X-ray imaging with grating interferometry has previously been regarded as a technique providing information only in direct space...
- White-light spectral interferometry for surface plasmon resonance sensing applicationsSiu Pang Ng
Department of Physics and Materials Science, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Opt Express 19:4521-7. 2011A novel differential phase detecting surface plasmon resonance (SPR) sensor based on white-light spectral interferometry is presented...
- A comparison of Scheimpflug imaging simulated and Holladay equivalent keratometry values with partial coherence interferometry keratometry measurements in phakic eyesJarret Woodmass
Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Man, Canada
Can J Ophthalmol 44:700-4. 2009To evaluate the interchangeability of a Scheimpflug camera (Pentacam, Oculus) and a partial coherence interferometry keratometer (IOLMaster, Zeiss) for measures of keratometry and anterior chamber depth (ACD)...
- Analytical and experimental determination of signal-to-noise ratio and figure of merit in three phase-contrast imaging techniquesP C Diemoz
Faculty of Physics, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, 85748 Garching, Germany
Opt Express 20:27670-90. 2012..of three X-ray phase-contrast techniques: propagation-based imaging, analyzer-based imaging and grating interferometry. The signal-to-noise ratio and the figure of merit are quantitatively compared for the three techniques on the ..
- Distribution of axial length and ocular biometry measured using partial coherence laser interferometry (IOL Master) in an older white populationReena Fotedar
Centre for Vision Research, Department of Ophthalmology and Westmead Millennium Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Ophthalmology 117:417-23. 2010..and other ocular biometric parameters in an older Caucasian population, measured using partial coherence laser interferometry (Zeiss IOL Master; Carl Zeiss AG, Oberkochen, Germany), a technique now routinely used in measuring AL before ..
- The effect of two novel lubricant eye drops on tear film lipid layer thickness in subjects with dry eye symptomsDonald R Korb
Korb Associates, Boston, MA 02116, USA
Optom Vis Sci 82:594-601. 2005....
- Development of a hybrid atomic force microscopic measurement system combined with white light scanning interferometryTong Guo
State Key Laboratory of Precision Measuring Technology and Instruments, Tianjin University, Weijin Road, No 92, Tianjin 300072, China
Sensors (Basel) 12:175-88. 2012A hybrid atomic force microscopic (AFM) measurement system combined with white light scanning interferometry for micro/nanometer dimensional measurement is developed...
- Free-solution, label-free molecular interactions studied by back-scattering interferometryDarryl J Bornhop
Department of Chemistry, Vanderbilt Institute of Chemical Biology, Vanderbilt University, VU Station B 351822, Nashville, TN 37235 1822, USA
Science 317:1732-6. 2007Free-solution, label-free molecular interactions were investigated with back-scattering interferometry in a simple optical train composed of a helium-neon laser, a microfluidic channel, and a position sensor...
- Simultaneous measurement of refractive index and thickness by combining low-coherence interferometry and confocal opticsSeokhan Kim
Department of Information and Communications, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, 1 Oryong dong, Buk Gu, Gwangju, 500 712, Korea
Opt Express 16:5516-26. 2008..The average measurement errors of the first and the second methods were 0.123% and 0.061% in the geometrical thickness, 0.133% and 0.066% in the phase index, and 0.106% and 0.057% in the group index, respectively...
- Label-free detection of biomolecular interactions using BioLayer interferometry for kinetic characterizationJoy Concepcion
ForteBio, Inc, CA 94025, USA
Comb Chem High Throughput Screen 12:791-800. 2009..Advances in biosensor design and detection using BioLayer Interferometry (BLI) provide a simple platform that enables label-free monitoring of biomolecular interactions without the ..
- Fine structure of parvocellular receptive fields in the primate fovea revealed by laser interferometryM J McMahon
Center for Visual Science, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14627, USA
J Neurosci 20:2043-53. 2000..By exposing a fine structure that cannot be discerned by conventional techniques, interferometry allows functional measurements of the early neural mechanisms in spatial vision.
- Theory and applications of surface plasmon resonance, resonant mirror, resonant waveguide grating, and dual polarization interferometry biosensorsHikmat N Daghestani
Department of Structural Biology, University of Pittsburgh, BST3 10017, 3501 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Sensors (Basel) 10:9630-46. 2010..biosensors: surface plasmon resonance, resonant mirror, resonance waveguide grating, and dual polarization interferometry. The different applications these techniques offer are discussed from experiments and results reported in ..
- Design and validation of an angle-resolved low-coherence interferometry fiber probe for in vivo clinical measurements of depth-resolved nuclear morphologyYizheng Zhu
Duke University, Department of Biomedical Engineering, 136 Hudson Hall, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
J Biomed Opt 16:011003. 2011We present a novel Fourier-domain angle-resolved low-coherence interferometry (a /LCI) fiber probe designed for in vivo clinical application in gastrointestinal endoscopy...
- Refractive predictability of partial coherence interferometry and factors that can affect itSeung Mo Kim
Department of Ophthalmology, Seoul Veterans Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Ophthalmol 23:6-12. 2009To evaluate the refractive predictability of a partial coherence interferometry (PCI) biometry device (IOL Master) for cataract surgery and to investigate factors that may affect it.
- In vivo imaging and low-coherence interferometry of organ of Corti vibrationFangyi Chen
Oregon Health and Science University, Oregon Hearing Research Center, 3181 Southwest Sam Jackson Park Road, NRC04, Portland, Oregon 97239 3098, USA
J Biomed Opt 12:021006. 2007..The tunnel of Corti and the inner sulcus are also visible in the images. Vibrations of +/-2 and +/-22 nm are recorded in the BM in response to low and high sound levels at 14 kHz above a noise floor of 0.2 nm...
- Multi-megahertz OCT: High quality 3D imaging at 20 million A-scans and 4.5 GVoxels per secondWolfgang Wieser
Lehrstuhl fur BioMolekulare Optik, Fakultat fur Physik, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Oettingenstr 67, 80538 Munich, Germany
Opt Express 18:14685-704. 2010..Finally, suitable averaging protocols to further increase image quality are discussed...
- Comparison of immersion ultrasound biometry and partial coherence interferometry for intraocular lens calculation according to HaigisW Haigis
University Eye Clinic, Wurzburg, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 238:765-73. 2000..In addition to classical ultrasound biometry, partial coherence interferometry serves as a new optical method for axial length determination...
- Reproducibility of optical biometry using partial coherence interferometry : intraobserver and interobserver reliabilityA Vogel
Department of Ophthalmology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Cataract Refract Surg 27:1961-8. 2001To evaluate the intraobserver and interobserver variability in axial length (AL), anterior chamber depth (ACD), and corneal radius measurements using an optical biometry instrument based on partial coherence interferometry (PCI).
- Optical properties of in situ eye lenses measured with X-ray Talbot interferometry: a novel measure of growth processesMasato Hoshino
Japan Synchrotron Radiation Research Institute SPring8, Sayo, Hyogo, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e25140. 2011..These may be linked to growth processes and may be the first optical evidence of discrete developmental stages...
- Blood vessels: depiction at phase-contrast X-ray imaging without contrast agents in the mouse and rat-feasibility studyA Momose
Advanced Research Laboratory, Hitachi, Saitama, Japan
Radiology 217:593-6. 2000..An x-ray interferometer was used to obtain x-ray phase contrast. With the technique of phase-shifting x-ray interferometry, the image mapping x-ray phase shift caused by a liver was measured...
- In situ detection of neoplastic transformation and chemopreventive effects in rat esophagus epithelium using angle-resolved low-coherence interferometryAdam Wax
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
Cancer Res 63:3556-9. 2003..and chemopreventive action are observed in situ using a new optical technique, angle-resolved low-coherence interferometry (a/LCI)...
- Label-free quantification of membrane-ligand interactions using backscattering interferometryMichael M Baksh
Department of Chemistry, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California, USA
Nat Biotechnol 29:357-60. 2011..Here we show that backscattering interferometry (BSI) can accurately quantify ligand-receptor binding affinities in a variety of membrane environments...
- Quantitative phase imaging using actively stabilized phase-shifting low-coherence interferometryHidenao Iwai
G R Harrison Spectroscopy Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Opt Lett 29:2399-401. 2004..Depth gating via low-coherence light allows phase measurement from weakly reflecting biological samples. We demonstrate phase images from a test structure and living cells...
- Miniature fiber-optic multicavity Fabry-Perot interferometric biosensorYan Zhang
Center for Photonics Technology, Bradley Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061, USA
Opt Lett 30:1021-3. 2005A fiber-optic sensor is designed based on multicavity Fabry-Perot interferometry for the study of optical thickness in self-assembled thin-film layers...
- Synthesis of SWCNT rings made by two Y junctions and possible applications in electron interferometryDaniel Grimm
Institute of Physics, University Federal Fluminense, 24210 340, Niteroi RJ, Brazil
Small 3:1900-5. 2007
- Single beam grating coupled interferometry: high resolution miniaturized label-free sensor for plate based parallel screeningDaniel Patko
Research Institute for Technical Physics and Material Science MFA Hungarian Academy of Sciences, H 1120 Konkoly Thege út 29 33, Budapest, Hungary
Opt Express 20:23162-73. 2012Grating Coupled Interferometry (GCI) using high quality waveguides with two incoupling and one outcoupling grating areas is introduced to increase and precisely control the sensing length of the device; and to make the sensor design ..
- In vitro simultaneous measurement of refractive index and thickness of biological tissue by the low coherence interferometryM Ohmi
School of Allied Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Osaka University 1 7, Japan
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 47:1266-70. 2000..The technique is based on the low coherence interferometry combined with precise translation stages...
- Phase estimation via quantum interferometry for noisy detectorsNicolò Spagnolo
Dipartimento di Fisica, Sapienza Universita di Roma, Piazzale Aldo Moro 5, I 00185 Roma, Italy
Phys Rev Lett 108:233602. 2012The sensitivity in optical interferometry is strongly affected by losses during the signal propagation or at the detection stage. The optimal quantum states of the probing signals in the presence of loss were recently found...
- Highly sensitive fiber loop ringdown strain sensor using photonic crystal fiber interferometerWenjun Zhou
Institute of Optoelectronic Technology, China Jiliang University, Hangzhou 310018, China
Appl Opt 50:3087-92. 2011..21 μs⁻¹/εm and a minimum detectable strain of ~3.6 με are obtained. As a benefit from the ultralow thermal dependence of PCF, the maximum temperature-induced measurement error could be reduced to ~0.24 με...
- Multiplexed low coherence interferometry instrument for measuring microbicide gel thickness distributionTyler K Drake
Department of Medical Physics, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
Appl Opt 48:D14-9. 2009We present a Fourier-domain, multiplexed low coherence interferometry (LCI) instrument designed for application to intravaginal measurement of microbicidal gel distribution...
- Lateral shearing interferometry for analysis of tear film surface kineticsDorota H Szczesna
Faculty of Fundamental Problems of Technology, School of Optometry, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Optom Vis Sci 87:513-7. 2010..To date, there have been no measuring techniques available that could clearly identify all phases of tear film surface kinetics in one interblink interval...
- Continuous real-time correction and averaging for frequency comb interferometryJulien Roy
Centre d Optique, Photonique et Laser, 2375 rue de la Terrasse, Universite Laval, Quebec, Quebec G1V 0A6, Canada
Opt Express 20:21932-9. 2012..An interferogram where signal dominates the noise over the full delay range imposed by the 100 MHz repetition rate is reported for the first time...
- A comprehensive study of lysozyme adsorption using dual polarization interferometry and quartz crystal microbalance with dissipationKairuo Xu
Nanoscience Centre, Department of Engineering, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB3 0FF, UK
Biomaterials 34:1461-70. 2013..Here, elucidation of protein adsorption mechanism is effected using dual polarization interferometry and a quartz crystal microbalance to characterize lysozyme layer properties on a silica surface at different ..
- Structure-function relations of primate lower incisors: a study of the deformation of Macaca mulatta dentition using electronic speckle pattern interferometry (ESPI)Netta Lev Tov Chattah
Department of Structural Biology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
J Anat 218:87-95. 2011..displacements on the labial surface of the crown as it is compressed, using electronic speckle pattern interferometry (ESPI), an optical metrology method...
- Cell volume and plasma membrane osmotic water permeability in epithelial cell layers measured by interferometryJ Farinas
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0521, USA
Biophys J 71:3511-22. 1996..A general approach utilizing interferometry to measure cell shape and volume was developed and applied to measure Pf in cell layers...
- Lysozyme adsorption studies at the silica/water interface using dual polarization interferometryJian R Lu
Biological Physics Group, Department of Physics, UMIST, PO Box 88, Manchester M60 1QD, United Kingdom
Langmuir 20:1827-32. 2004..at the silica/water interface has been studied using a new analytical technique called dual polarization interferometry. This laboratory-based technique allows the build up or removal of molecular layers adsorbing or reacting on a ..
- Refractive outcome of silicone oil removal and intraocular lens implantation using laser interferometryHooshang Faghihi Habibabadi
Noor Vision Correction Center, Tehran, Iran
Retina 25:162-6. 2005To evaluate the refractive outcome of silicone oil removal and intraocular lens (IOL) implantation using laser interferometry.
- Anterior segment changes with age and during accommodation measured with partial coherence interferometryAlexis Tsorbatzoglou
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical and Health Science Center, University of Debrecen, Debrecen, Hungary
J Cataract Refract Surg 33:1597-601. 2007..To evaluate anterior segment alterations with age and during accommodation in different age groups...
- Evolution of concentration field in a membrane systemK Dworecki
Institute of Physics, Swietokrzyska Academy, 25 406 Kielce, Poland
J Biochem Biophys Methods 62:153-62. 2005..Results have shown that their spatial structure is fully established and these layers develop diffusively...
- Reduction of phase artifacts in differential phase contrast computed tomographyIwan Jerjen
Empa, Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology, Duebendorf, Switzerland
Opt Express 19:13604-11. 2011..Using the example of a DPC CT measurement with pronounced phase artifacts, we will discuss the efficiency of our phase artifact correction method...
- Dual-polarization interferometry: an analytical technique to measure changes in protein structure in real time, to determine the stoichiometry of binding events, and to differentiate between specific and nonspecific interactionsMarcus J Swann
Farfield Sensors Ltd, Salford University Business Park, Leslie Hough Way, Salford, Greater Manchester M6 6AJ, UK
Anal Biochem 329:190-8. 2004..An optical sensing technique, dual polarization interferometry, has been employed for the detailed study of a model protein system, namely, d-biotin interactions with ..
- Master-slave interferometry for parallel spectral domain interferometry sensing and versatile 3D optical coherence tomographyAdrian Gh Podoleanu
Applied Optics Group, School of Physical Sciences, University of Kent, CT2 7NH Canterbury, UK
Opt Express 21:19324-38. 2013Conventional spectral domain interferometry (SDI) methods suffer from the need of data linearization...
- In vivo biometry in the mouse eye with low coherence interferometryChristine Schmucker
Section of Neurobiology of the Eye, University Eye Hospital, Calwerstr 7 1, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Vision Res 44:2445-56. 2004..We have tested the potential of a newly developed technique, optical low coherence interferometry (OLCI), adapted for short measurement distances by Meditec, Carl Zeiss, Jena, Germany (the "ACMaster"..
- Formula choice: Hoffer Q, Holladay 1, or SRK/T and refractive outcomes in 8108 eyes after cataract surgery with biometry by partial coherence interferometryPetros Aristodemou
Bristol Eye Hospital, Bristol, United Kingdom
J Cataract Refract Surg 37:63-71. 2011..To assess how intraocular lens (IOL) formula choice affects refractive outcomes after cataract surgery using IOLMaster biometry...
- Intraocular lens formula constant optimization and partial coherence interferometry biometry: Refractive outcomes in 8108 eyes after cataract surgeryPetros Aristodemou
Bristol Eye Hospital, Bristol, United Kingdom
J Cataract Refract Surg 37:50-62. 2011....
- Comparing ultrasound biometry with partial coherence interferometry for intraocular lens power calculations: a randomized studySimon Raymond
Department of Surgery, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:2547-52. 2009..IOL) power calculations for cataract surgery as measured by postoperative refractive error using partial coherence interferometry (PCI) are more accurate in improving postoperative outcomes than applanation ultrasound biometry (AUS).
- High-accuracy self-correction of refractive index of air using two-color interferometry of optical frequency combsKaoru Minoshima
National Metrology Institute of Japan NMIJ, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Opt Express 19:26095-105. 2011....
- Generic real-time uniform K-space sampling method for high-speed swept-source optical coherence tomographyJiefeng Xi
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, 720 Rutland Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Opt Express 18:9511-7. 2010..Real-time imaging of biological tissues using such a system was demonstrated with a measured axial resolution of 9.3 mum and detection sensitivity greater than 120dB...
- X-ray phase radiography and tomography of soft tissue using grating interferometryTimm Weitkamp
European Synchrotron Radiation Facility, 6 rue Jules Horowitz, BP 220, 38043 Grenoble, France
Eur J Radiol 68:S13-7. 2008..Different tissues can clearly be distinguished. The results demonstrate the potential of grating interferometry for two- and three-dimensional X-ray imaging of biological soft tissue in an aqueous environment.
- Reliability and validity of the partial coherence interferometry for measurement of ocular axial length in childrenH M Hussin
Bristol Eye Hospital, Bristol, UK
Eye (Lond) 20:1021-4. 2006To assess the validity and repeatability of partial coherence interferometry (IOLMaster) and A-scan ultrasound measurement of axial length (AL) in children.
- Elastic properties of soft tissue-mimicking phantoms assessed by combined use of laser ultrasonics and low coherence interferometryChunhui Li
Department of Bioengineering, University of Washington, 3720 15th Avenue NE, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Opt Express 19:10153-63. 2011..tissue-mimicking agar-agar phantoms, and the generated SAW signals are detected by a time domain low coherence interferometry system...
- Theoretical comparison of three X-ray phase-contrast imaging techniques: propagation-based imaging, analyzer-based imaging and grating interferometryP C Diemoz
Faculty of Physics, Ludwig Maximilians University Munchen, 85748 Garching, Germany
Opt Express 20:2789-805. 2012..among the most used techniques: propagation-based imaging (PBI), analyzer-based imaging (ABI) and grating interferometry (GI). These techniques are evaluated in terms of signal-to-noise ratio, figure of merit and spatial resolution...
- Mechanical interferometry imaging for creep modeling of the corneaLawrence Yoo
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:8420-4. 2011..A novel nanoindentation technique was used to biomechanically characterize each of three main layers of the cornea by using Hertzian viscoelastic formulation of creep, the deformation resulting from sustained-force application...
- On the origin of visibility contrast in x-ray Talbot interferometryW Yashiro
Department of Advanced Materials Science, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 5 1 5 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba 277 8561, Japan
Opt Express 18:16890-901. 2010The reduction in visibility in x-ray grating interferometry based on the Talbot effect is formulated by the autocorrelation function of spatial fluctuations of a wavefront due to unresolved micron-size structures in samples...
- Detection of intestinal dysplasia using angle-resolved low coherence interferometryNeil Terry
Duke University, Department of Biomedical Engineering, 136 Hudson Hall, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
J Biomed Opt 16:106002. 2011Angle-resolved low coherence interferometry (a/LCI) is an optical biopsy technique that allows for depth-resolved, label-free measurement of the average size and optical density of cell nuclei in epithelial tissue to assess the tissue ..
- Effectiveness of artificial tears in the management of evaporative dry eyeLouise C McCann
Department of Vision Sciences, Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Cornea 31:1-5. 2012..To compare the efficacies of sodium hyaluronate, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC), and a new oil-in-water emulsion (Emustil unidose; SIFI) in the management of lipid-deficient dry eye...
- Common-path low-coherence interferometry fiber-optic sensor guided microincisionKang Zhang
Johns Hopkins University, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Baltimore, Maryland 21218, USA
J Biomed Opt 16:095003. 2011We propose and demonstrate a common-path low-coherence interferometry (CP-LCI) fiber-optic sensor guided precise microincision...
- Directional x-ray dark-field imagingTorben H Jensen
Niels Bohr Institute, University of Copenhagen, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Phys Med Biol 55:3317-23. 2010..As the method is based on the use of a conventional x-ray tube we believe that it can have a great impact on medical diagnostics and non-destructive testing applications...
- Use of dual polarization interferometry as a diagnostic tool for protein crystallizationAttia Boudjemline
Farfield Group Ltd, Manchester M90 3DQ, UK
Anal Chem 83:7881-7. 2011The use of dual polarization interferometry (DPI) as a tool for probing the different possible outcomes of protein crystallization experiments is described...
- Complex-field measurement of ultrafast dynamic optical waveforms based on real-time spectral interferometryMohammad H Asghari
Institut National de la Recherche Scientifique Energie, Materiaux et Telecommunications, Montreal, Quebec H5A 1K6, Canada
Opt Express 18:16526-38. 2010..By combining spectral interferometry with dispersion-induced real-time optical Fourier transformation, here we demonstrate single-shot complex-..
- Interpretation of dark-field contrast and particle-size selectivity in grating interferometersSusanna K Lynch
Laboratory of Imaging Physics, Translational Medicine Branch, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Appl Opt 50:4310-9. 2011..A dark-field computed tomography experiment shows that the particle-size selectivity can be used to differentiate materials of identical x-ray absorption...
- Cationic copolymer-mediated DNA immobilization: interfacial structure and composition as determined by ellipsometry, dual polarization interferometry, and neutron reflectionXiuBo Zhao
Biological Physics Group, School of Physics and Astronomy, The University of Manchester, Schuster Building, Manchester M13 9PL, UK
Langmuir 24:13556-64. 2008..We have used a combined approach of spectroscopic ellipsometry (SE), dual polarization interferometry (DPI) and neutron reflection (NR) to determine the interfacial polymer adsorption and the subsequent DNA ..
- Rapid, massively parallel single-cell drug response measurements via live cell interferometryJason Reed
California NanoSystems Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine, Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Biophys J 101:1025-31. 2011..Here, we develop live cell interferometry for rapid, real-time quantification of cell mass in cells exposed to a changing environment...
- Inhibition of enamel erosion and promotion of lesion rehardening by fluoride: a white light interferometry and microindentation studyC E Fowler
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Weybridge, UK
J Clin Dent 20:178-85. 2009..demineralization of human enamel and promoter of lesion repair using a combination of white light interferometry, scanning electron microscopy, and microindentation...
- Precision of biometry, keratometry, and refractive measurements with a partial coherence interferometry-keratometry deviceH John Shammas
Department of Ophthalmology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:1474-8. 2010To evaluate the precision of the axial length (AL), keratometry (K), anterior chamber depth (ACD), astigmatism, and minus astigmatic cylinder axis measurements by a partial coherence interferometry (PCI)-keratometry device.
- Displacement interferometry with stabilization of wavelength in airJosef Lazar
Institute of Scientific Instruments, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Brno, Czech Republic
Opt Express 20:27830-7. 2012..concept of suppression of the influence of variations of the refractive index of air in displacement measuring interferometry. The principle is based on referencing of wavelength of the coherent laser source in atmospheric conditions ..
- Noise analysis of grating-based x-ray differential phase contrast imagingVincent Revol
Photonics Division, CSEM SA, 8005 Zurich, Switzerland
Rev Sci Instrum 81:073709. 2010..Our conclusions provide general guidelines to optimize grating interferometers for specific applications and problems...
- B1(+) interferometry for the calibration of RF transmitter arraysDavid O Brunner
Institute for Biomedical Engineering, University and ETH Zurich, Zurich Gloriastrasse 35, Zurich, Switzerland
Magn Reson Med 61:1480-8. 2009..In RF shimming experiments it is shown that the measured B(1) (+) maps accurately reflect the linearity of RF superposition...
- Biosensor-based small molecule fragment screening with biolayer interferometryCharles A Wartchow
Discovery Technologies, Hoffman La Roche, Nutley, NJ, USA
J Comput Aided Mol Des 25:669-76. 2011..Biolayer interferometry (BLI), a technique that measures changes in an interference pattern generated from visible light reflected ..
- Shrinkage evaluation of composite polymerized with LED units using laser interferometryAlena Knezevic
Department of Endodontics and Restorative Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
Quintessence Int 41:417-25. 2010..However, different polymerization programs lead to different shrinkage percentages. The aim of this study was to evaluate linear polymerization shrinkage for five composite materials polymerized with curing modes of two LED curing units...
- The potential of backscattering interferometry as an in vitro clinical diagnostic tool for the serological diagnosis of infectious diseaseAmanda Kussrow
Department of Chemistry and Vanderbilt Institute of Chemical Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Analyst 135:1535-7. 2010Backscattering interferometry enables the detection of syphilis antibody-antigen interactions in the presence of human serum, showing promise as a diagnostic tool for the serological diagnosis of infectious disease with potentially ..
- Frequency comb swept lasersTsung Han Tsai
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and Research Laboratory of Electronics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Opt Express 17:21257-70. 2009..The design and operation principles of FC swept lasers are discussed and designs for short cavity lasers for OCT and interferometric measurement applications are proposed...
- Surface plasmon resonance phase-shift interferometry: real-time DNA microarray hybridization analysisShean Jen Chen
National Cheng Kung University, Department of Engineering Science, Tainan 701, Taiwan
J Biomed Opt 10:034005. 2005Surface plasmon resonance (SPR) phase-shift interferometry (PSI) is a novel technique which combines SPR and modified Mach-Zehnder PSI to measure the spatial phase variation caused by biomolecular interactions upon a sensing chip...
- Depth-resolved measurement of ocular fundus pulsations by low-coherence tissue interferometryNikolaus Dragostinoff
Medical University of Vienna, Center for Biomedical Engineering and Physics, Wahringer Strasse 13, Vienna 1090, Austria
J Biomed Opt 14:054047. 2009..The device contains a length measurement system based on partial coherence interferometry and a line scan charge-coupled device camera for recording and online inspection of the fringe system...
- Full-field quantitative phase imaging by white-light interferometry with active phase stabilization and its application to biological samplesXinhong Li
State Key Laboratory of Modern Optical Instrumentation, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310027, China
Opt Lett 31:1830-2. 2006..An application to human epithelial cells (HeLa cells) is achieved in our experiment. The advancement of this technique rests in its ability to take images of unstained biological samples quantitatively and on a nanometer scale...
- Investigation of dispersion effects in ocular media by multiple wavelength partial coherence interferometryW Drexler
Institut für Medizinische Physik, Universitat Wien, Wahringer Strasse 13, Wien, A 1090, Austria
Exp Eye Res 66:25-33. 1998..the axial eye length of normal subjects and pseudophakic patients in vivo using dual beam partial coherence interferometry. Different optical thickness values due to the dispersion of the cornea are demonstrated using two spectrally ..
- Anterior chamber depth measurements in eyes with an accommodating intraocular lens: agreement between partial coherence interferometry and optical coherence tomographyGeorgia Cleary
Department of Ophthalmology, St Thomas Hospital, Kings College, London, United Kingdom
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:790-8. 2010To determine agreement between partial coherence interferometry (PCI) and anterior segment optical coherence tomography (AS-OCT) measurements of anterior chamber depth (ACD) and axial intraocular lens (IOL) movement in eyes with an ..
- Adaptive interferometry of protein on a BioCDLeilei Peng
Department of Physics, Purdue University, 525 Northwestern Avenue, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
Appl Opt 46:5384-95. 2007Adaptive spinning-disk interferometry is capable of measuring surface profiles of a thin biolayer with subnanometer longitudinal resolution...
- Speckle interferometry applied to pharmacodynamic studies: evaluation of parasite motilityJ A Pomarico
Instituto de Física Arroyo Seco IFAS, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas, UNCPBA, Pinto 399, B7000GHG, Tandil, Argentina
Eur Biophys J 33:694-9. 2004The work reported here describes the application of the optical technique known as dynamic speckle interferometry to evaluate the motility of nematode parasites exposed to different anthelmintic drugs...
- Spinning-disk self-referencing interferometry of antigen-antibody recognitionM M Varma
Department of Physics, Purdue University, 525 Northwestern Avenue, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
Opt Lett 29:950-2. 2004..This BioCD has the potential to be applied as a spinning-disk interferometric immunoassay and biosensor...
- Accuracy and reproducibility of biometry using partial coherence interferometryRafe Connors
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, John A Moran Eye Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 28:235-8. 2002To determine whether partial coherence interferometry is comparable to standard contact ultrasonic biometry in accuracy, reproducibility, and ease of use.
- Strain accommodation in the zygomatic arch of the pig: a validation study using digital speckle pattern interferometry and finite element analysisJen A Bright
Department of Earth Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, Avon, UK
J Morphol 272:1388-98. 2011..pig zygomatic arch were considered and compared with ex vivo experimental data from digital speckle pattern interferometry (DSPI)...
- Comparison of partial coherence interferometry and ultrasound for anterior segment biometryFrancisco Lara
Vision Sciences Research Group, Instituto Universitario de Investigación en Envejecimiento, University of Murcia, Murcia, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 35:324-9. 2009To assess the performance of a partial coherence interferometry (PCI)-based device for the determination of anterior segment biometry.
- Complex differential spectral interferometryDaniel Kane; Fiscal Year: 2007..The new technique, which we call complex differential spectral interferometry (CDSI), will be an important improvement to optical coherence tomography (OCT)...
- The mechanistic basis of non-invasive deep brain stimulation by ultrasoundMERRITT C MADUKE; Fiscal Year: 2012..The proposed experiments will test these hypotheses using electrophysiological recording and optical interferometry measurements in the three experimental systems...
- Wavefront Corrected Multimodal Optical Coherence and Two-Photon Microscopy for RaYuankai Kenny Tao; Fiscal Year: 2012..Optical coherence tomography (OCT) is a method of utilizing low-coherence interferometry to detect the scattering properties of tissue down to penetration depths of ~1-2 mm14...
- 3-D optical imaging of the in vivo organ of Corti motion at a sub-nanometer scaleAlfred L Nuttall; Fiscal Year: 2013..1 nm. The basic concept of OCT interferometry has already proven usefulness for the micromechanics of the organ of Corti...
- Biophysics of HDL DysfunctionMary G Sorci-Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using biolayer interferometry (BLI), a new label-free technique for measuring biomolecular interactions, we will develop a series of novel ..
- MECHANICAL LOADING AND BONEHiroki Yokota; Fiscal Year: 2013..and in vivo use;(2) quantifying ex vivo macroscopic and microscopic strains using electronic speckle pattern interferometry as well as molecular transport using fluorescence recovery after photobleaching;(3) conducting bone ..
- Live Cell Interferometry for Quantifying Mass Transport in CancerTHOMAS ZANGLE; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our live cell interferometry system already tracks single cell mass changes in real time for hundreds of cells simultaneously with sub-..
- An Advanced Biosensor for Molecular Interaction Studies.SCOT RANDY WEINBERGER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recently my group and others demonstrated that back-scattering interferometry (BSI) can be used in the academic laboratory to perform molecular interaction determinations label-free and in ..
- Rapid, Label-free, Multiplex Detection of MicroRNAsMary S Rosendahl; Fiscal Year: 2010..blood samples using a novel ultra-sensitive detection technology known as Surface Plasmon Enhanced Common Path Interferometry (SPE-CPI)...
- Early diagnosis of acute kidney injury by aptasensorsMuslum Ilgu; Fiscal Year: 2013..not bind the analyte and a sensing cantilever coated with an aptamer that binds the analyte is measured by interferometry. In this phase I study, we propose two specific aims: 1...
- Holography-based Photoacoustic Imaging of the RetinaPARAG VIJAY CHITNIS; Fiscal Year: 2013..the proposed holographic implementation of PAI employs a continuous-wave laser and CCD-based full-field interferometry for detecting the photoacoustic (PA) signal, it potentially can acquire 3D-image data in 500 ms (limited only ..
- Coherent light scattering for early detection of retinal diseaseAdam Wax; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have shown that angle-resolved low coherence interferometry (a/LCI), a light scattering method that incorporates the depth resolution of OCT, can acquire depth-resolved ..
- New Techniques for Measuring Volumetric Structural Changes in GlaucomaMadhusudhanan Balasubramanian; Fiscal Year: 2012..SD-OCT is a new generation ophthalmic imaging instrument based on the principle of optical interferometry. In contrast to the CSLO technology, SDOCT can resolve retinal layers from the internal limiting membrane (ILM)..
- Ear Biomechanics for Restoration of HearingRONG GAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..ear into clinical tympanometry, a diagnostic tool commonly used on middle ear diseases, and laser Doppler interferometry, a potential clinical tool for diagnosis of conductive hearing loss, can improve the diagnosis of otitis media ..
- P30 - CORE GRANT FOR VISION RESEARCHP Michael Iuvone; Fiscal Year: 2013..for visual phenotyping of rodents, including SD-OCT, scanning laser ophthalmoscopy, partial coherence interferometry, high precision micrometry, photorefraction, gonioscopy, rebound tonometry, ERG, and OKT, to pre-existing ..
- MIT LASER BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH CENTERRAMACHANDRA RAO DASARI; Fiscal Year: 2011..Experimental techniques that merge optical spectroscopy, imaging, scattering, and interferometry will be applied to study the biophysics and biochemistry of healthy and diseased biological structures from ..
- An Advanced Biosensor for Molecular Interaction StudiesSCOT RANDY contact WEINBERGER; Fiscal Year: 2010..in a miniaturized format, is therefore desirable and has now been demonstrated with back-scattering interferometry (BSI)...
- All optical control and monitoring of neural activitySamarendra Kumar Mohanty; Fiscal Year: 2013..PSFD-OCT is a novel technique based on the principles of low-coherence interferometry that can detect displacements of the order of tens of picometers...
- Dry Eye in PostmenopauseKelly K Nichols; Fiscal Year: 2011..eye in post menopause is associated with increased tear film thinning rates measured with wavelength-dependent interferometry, and therefore, decreased tear film stability and 3...
- High Throughput, Label-Fee Molecular Interaction Platform for Membrane Protein TaSCOT RANDY WEINBERGER; Fiscal Year: 2012..leverages the achievements of our Phase I program and is directed towards producing a robust Back-Scattering Interferometry (BSI) instrument for use in drug research...
- The Role of Biofilm on Margin Stability and the Development of Secondary CariesSHELTON RAY TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2013..with submicron resolution with a new interferometric technique, Super Resolution Vertical Scanning Interferometry. The relationship of gap dimensions, the activity of the different bacterial strains, and frequency and ..
- APT: the Analytical Proteomics TeamFred E Regnier; Fiscal Year: 2010..An emerging technology incorporating specific antibodies on a microfabricated "bioCD" read by spinning disc interferometry enables label-free evaluation of hundreds of analytes from hundreds of samples in minutes...
- Validation and commercialization of a/LCI for detection of esophageal neoplasiaSTEVEN CHARLES GEBHART; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Panocyte" system utilizes technology based on angle-resolved low coherence interferometry (a/LCI)...
- Structural Basis for RCC1 Directed Recruitment of Ran GTPase to ChromatinSong Tan; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will challenge structural models for how RCC1 interacts with the nucleosome through pulldown, biolayer interferometry and fluorescence resonance energy transfer experiments. 2...
- Development of a Malarial Kinase-on-Phage Screening PlatformCLIFFORD BERKMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..falciparum kinase-displaying T7 phage platform and a Bio-Layer Interferometry (BLI) assay amendable for high-throughput screening. The central hypothesis of this application is that P...
- High Throughput, Label-Fee Molecular Interaction Platform for Membrane Protein TaSCOT RANDY WEINBERGER; Fiscal Year: 2010..that will be combined with our proprietary molecular interaction detection technology known as Back-scattering Interferometry. We will demonstrate the value of this platform by analyzing a commercially available cell membrane protein ..
- Magnetic Nanoparticles for Advanced Hearing DevicesCharles Seeney; Fiscal Year: 2002..Phase 2 will scale device production methods, predict human performance using temporal bones and laser interferometry and define clinical applications...
- RAPID, LABEL-FREE AND MULTIPLEX DETECTION OF MICRORNAsMARY ROSENDAHL; Fiscal Year: 2010..I project will evaluate an ultra-sensitive detection technology known as Surface Plasmon Enhanced Common Path Interferometry (SPE-CPI) in the rapid, label-free identification and quantification of cancer-related microRNAs in blood ..
- Aged Middle EarMICHAELANNE GRATTON; Fiscal Year: 2002..Then, laser interferometry is used to measure the tympanic membrane velocity transfer function in the two age groups...
- Bioptigen SBIR Phase I resubmittal: Pediatric OCTBRADLEY BOWER; Fiscal Year: 2009..OCT is a well-established technology for ophthalmic imaging, using low-coherence interferometry to non-invasively obtain cross-sectional images in living tissues with micron-scale resolution....
- Low Optical Coherence Interferometry for the CochleaAlfred Nuttall; Fiscal Year: 2007..The instrument will use the principles of optical coherence tomography (OCT) and low optical coherence interferometry to visualize the basilar membrane and the internal structures of the organ and to measure their vibratory ..
- Complex differential spectral interferometryDaniel Kane; Fiscal Year: 2004..The method, complex differential spectral interferometry (CDSI), is a frequency domain optical tomography method that is an improvement over both time domain optical ..
- Low Optical Coherence Interferometry for the CochleaAlfred Nuttall; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- A Real-Time, Label-Free Diagnostic Platform with Glycan ArraysCharles Greef; Fiscal Year: 2007..robust and sensitive diagnostic platform and is developing the Surface Plasmon Resonance-enhanced Common Path Interferometry platform especially for this purpose. Phase I project will pursue the following objectives: 1...
- Optical Doppler tomography of human skinJohn Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2007..To this end, we propose four specific aims: (1) an ODT system based on spectral interferometry will be designed and constructed; (2) an imaging construction algorithm will be developed; (3) a series of ..
- STRUCTURAL STUDIES OF MATRIX PROTEINS IN TEETH AND BONESSTEPHEN WEINER; Fiscal Year: 2007..of our current NIH funded research, that integrates digital holography (DH) and electronic speckle pattern interferometry (ESPI), will be used...
- MEASUREMENT OF NERVE FIBER LAYER THICKNESS IN NORMAL ANDJoel Schuman; Fiscal Year: 1999..to ultrasound B mode imaging, except that it performs optical ranging and imaging using low coherence optical interferometry with an axial resolution on the order of 10 mum...
- Continuous glucose monitoring in critically ill patientsRinat Esenaliev; Fiscal Year: 2006..For this purpose, optical coherence tomography (OCT) based on low-coherence interferometry, a high-resolution optical technique that sensitively detects photons coherently scattered from tissue, is ..
- 3-D LASER IMAGING FOR CERVICAL SPINE MOTION ANALYSISMOHAMED SEIF; Fiscal Year: 2001..The imaging system is based on shadow Moire interferometry and finger pattern analysis...
- ATP Utilization and Ion Gradients in MyocardiumGEORGE DUBYAK; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thyroidal Regulation of Na+, K+-ATPase Expression and Energetics of the Heart. Time-resolved X-ray Interferometry Studies of the Sarcoplasmic Reticulum Calcium ATPase...
- A Laser-Based Device for Work Site Stability AssessmentXiaoqing Sun; Fiscal Year: 2007..Nonlinear optical interferometry based on two-wave mixing / photo-induced electromotive force techniques will be used for AE signal detection ..
- Shearography for Non-Invasive Dental Health EvaluationMICHAEL PILIAVIN; Fiscal Year: 2001..camera as a novel means of non-invasive Dental evaluation and characterization based on shearing speckle interferometry, miniature camera imaging, and proprietary neural network image processing...
- High Speed Planar Array Infrared PA-IR SpectrographJOHN RABOLT; Fiscal Year: 2004..scanning mechanism or computational requirements (for Fourier transformation of the data) used in FT-IR interferometry. Thus the no-moving parts configuration of the PA-IR instrument provides the ruggedness required to make the ..
- NON-INVASIVE SENSING OF SUBCUTANEOUS TEMPERATURESAlan Barrett; Fiscal Year: 1980..and emissivity; (b) multimode antennas, which form beams of different resolution; and (c) correlation interferometry. The clinical evaluation programs include clinical trials of these techniques; and trials detected toward ..
- Spectral interferometry for in vivo imagingKristen Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- MINIATURE, IMPLANTABLE FIBER OPTIC PRESSURE SENSORPeter Chapman; Fiscal Year: 1999..The approximately 1-mm diameter x 2.5-mm long sensor will obtain its performance from white light interferometry to make a precision, noncontact measurement of diaphragm displacement...
- Full Range Spectral Domain Anterior Segment OCT ScannerERIC BUCKLAND; Fiscal Year: 2007..OCT is a relatively new technology for ophthalmic imaging, which uses low-coherence interferometry to obtain cross-sectional images in living tissues with micron-scale resolution noninvasively...
- Swept Laser Source for Optical Coherence TomographyKevin Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2004..A new generation of OCT imagers based upon spectral interferometry (rather than scanning interferometry) has been demonstrated in initial tests to offer superior signal-to-noise ..
- Multiplexed Assays on the BioCD for Acute Lymphocytic LeukemiaDavid Nolte; Fiscal Year: 2009..The basis of the BioCD technology is rapid optical interferometric scanning. Interferometry is the most sensitive and quantitative means of direct optical detection...
- Non-contact microchip PCR based on infrared HeatingJames Landers; Fiscal Year: 2005..The PCR amplification will be completely non-contact (IR for heating and interferometry for temperature sensing), and capable of completing DNA amplification (up to 25cycles) in 15 minutes or less...
- In vivo detection of pre-cancerous lesions using a/LCLAdam Wax; Fiscal Year: 2004The objective of this research is to develop a fiber optic-based implementation of Angle-resolved Low Coherence Interferometry (a/LCI), a novel optical technique based on interferometric detection of elastically scattered light, for the ..
- a/LCI Optical Biopsy SystemWilliam Brown; Fiscal Year: 2007..is to create a commercial prototype of a new optical biopsy system based on angle-resolved Low Coherence Interferometry (a/LIC)...
- Non-Contact Ophthalmic Optical PachymeterWilliam Brown; Fiscal Year: 2004..A new generation of optical pachymeters based on low-coherence interferometry (similar to optical coherence tomography or OCT) is poised to bring the benefits of higher resolution as well ..
- Nanoparticle-Based Optical Sensor for Glucose MonitoringRalph Ballerstadt; Fiscal Year: 2006..by changing its light scattering properties (turbidity) which are detected via non-invasive low-coherence interferometry. Significant long-term performance tests have been conducted demonstrating that the glucose-sensitive protein ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF A BIOPOLYMER-BASED TEAR FILM SUPPLEMENTEdward Ellis; Fiscal Year: 2002..4. Finalize the milk mucin based dry eye solution, guided by objective in- vivo tear film interferometry and clinical examination, as well as subjective grading of symptoms and comfort. 5...
- MAGNETIC RESONANCE FORCE MICROSCOPYGregory Moore; Fiscal Year: 1999..with the ability to mechanically detect MR signals using micromechanical oscillators and fiber optic laser interferometry. The proposed MRFM will allow one to perform direct, non-destructive, chemical specific, three-dimensional ..
- Spectral interferometry for in vivo imagingKristen Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Real-Time Three-Dimensional Motion Control TrackerDaniel Hammer; Fiscal Year: 2003..Physical Sciences Inc. (PSI) proposes to develop a real-time motion correction system, based upon interferometry, which includes high-speed, high-resolution, hardware-controlled tracking of motion in three-dimensions...
- SPECKLE INTERFEROMETER FOR CORNEAL MAPPINGILYA AGUROK; Fiscal Year: 1999..measuring, fiber optic wavelength division-multiplexing technology, and principles of absolute distance interferometry developed by implementing the Chinese remainders theorem...
- Speckle Interferometer for Cornea MappingILYA AGUROK; Fiscal Year: 2002..measuring, fiber optic wavelength division-multiplexing technology and principles of absolute distance interferometry developed by implementing the Chines remainders theorem...
- Quantitative Differential Phase Contrast OCTDIGANT DAVE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Using phase-sensitive low coherence interferometry the objective of the proposed research is the development of a fiber-based differential phase contrast optical ..
- New Technologies for high resolution optical molecular imagingBRIAN APPLEGATE; Fiscal Year: 2009..OCT) is an emerging high resolution optical imaging modality which harnesses the power of low coherence interferometry to measure the 3-D spatially resolved reflectivity of a tissue sample...
- Single Shot OCTDaniel Hammer; Fiscal Year: 2006..Spectral domain optical coherence tomography (SDOCT) has revolutionized the methodology of low coherence interferometry for biomedical imaging applications...
- PHASE FLOW CYTOMETRYROGER JOHNSTON; Fiscal Year: 1991..The two techniques, Zeeman Interferometry and Phase Differential Scattering, are experimentally similar, but give very different information...