Genomes and Genes
Summary: Preparative treatment of transplant recipient with various conditioning regimens including radiation, immune sera, chemotherapy, and/or immunosuppressive agents, prior to transplantation. Transplantation conditioning is very common before bone marrow transplantation.
Publications301 found, 100 shown here
- HLA-mismatched renal transplantation without maintenance immunosuppressionTatsuo Kawai
Transplantation Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
N Engl J Med 358:353-61. 2008....
- Palifermin for oral mucositis after intensive therapy for hematologic cancersRicardo Spielberger
City of Hope National Medical Center, Department of Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation and Kaiser Permanente BMT Program, Duarte, Calif 91010, USA
N Engl J Med 351:2590-8. 2004..We tested the ability of palifermin (recombinant human keratinocyte growth factor) to decrease oral mucosal injury induced by cytotoxic therapy...
- Alternative donor transplantation after reduced intensity conditioning: results of parallel phase 2 trials using partially HLA-mismatched related bone marrow or unrelated double umbilical cord blood graftsClaudio G Brunstein
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Blood 118:282-8. 2011..For both trials, the transplantation conditioning regimen incorporated cyclophosphamide, fludarabine, and 200 cGy of total body irradiation...
- Low-dose total body irradiation (TBI) and fludarabine followed by hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) from HLA-matched or mismatched unrelated donors and postgrafting immunosuppression with cyclosporine and mycophenolate mofetil (MMF) can induce duraDietger Niederwieser
Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of Leipzig, Germany
Blood 101:1620-9. 2003..HCT from HLA-matched or mismatched unrelated donors can be performed with a reduced intensity conditioning regimen in patients ineligible for conventional HCT...
- Impact of immune modulation with anti-T-cell antibodies on the outcome of reduced-intensity allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for hematologic malignanciesRobert J Soiffer
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 117:6963-70. 2011..001). Corresponding probabilities of overall survival were 50%, 38%, and 46% (P = .008). These data suggest adopting a cautious approach to routine use of in vivo T-cell depletion with RIC regimens...
- Plasma levels of IL-7 and IL-15 after reduced intensity conditioned allo-SCT and relationship to acute GVHDS Thiant
Universite Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 46:1374-81. 2011..In multivariate analysis, IL-7 level measured on day +30 was the foremost predictive factor for grade 2-4 acute GVHD (P=0.002). Measurement of IL-7 level after RIC transplantation might help predict risk of subsequent acute GvHD...
- Cotransplantation of mesenchymal stem cells might prevent death from graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) without abrogating graft-versus-tumor effects after HLA-mismatched allogeneic transplantation following nonmyeloablative conditioningFrederic Baron
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, CHU of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 16:838-47. 2010..02), and 38% (P = .1), respectively, and a 1-year rate of death from GVHD or infection with GVHD of 31% (P = .04). In conclusion, our data suggest that HLA-mismatched NMA HCT with MSC coinfusion appeared to be safe...
- Nonablative allogeneic stem-cell transplantation for advanced/recurrent mantle-cell lymphomaIssa F Khouri
Department of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, Unit 423, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:4407-12. 2003..Patients with relapsed mantle-cell lymphoma have poor prognosis and short survival. Our aim was to determine the efficacy of nonablative allogeneic stem-cell transplantation in patients with relapsed mantle-cell lymphoma...
- Graft-versus-host diseaseJames L M Ferrara
University of Michigan, Pediatrics and Internal Medicine, Blood and Marrow Transplantation Program, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5942, USA
Lancet 373:1550-61. 2009..We also summarise supportive-care measures that are essential for management of this medically fragile population...
- Allogeneic haematopoietic cell transplantation for myelofibrosis in 30 patients 60-78 years of ageScott Samuelson
University of Utah, Department of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Br J Haematol 153:76-82. 2011..Motivated older patients with myelofibrosis without substantial comorbid conditions should be offered the option of allogeneic HCT...
- A comparison of allografting with autografting for newly diagnosed myelomaBenedetto Bruno
San Giovanni Battista Hospital, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
N Engl J Med 356:1110-20. 2007..In this trial of the treatment of newly diagnosed multiple myeloma, we compared a protocol that entailed a hematopoietic stem-cell autograft followed by an allograft from an HLA-identical sibling with a protocol of tandem autografts...
- Hematopoietic cell transplantation in older patients with hematologic malignancies: replacing high-dose cytotoxic therapy with graft-versus-tumor effectsP A McSweeney
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA
Blood 97:3390-400. 2001..Future protocol modifications should reduce rejection and GVHD, thereby facilitating studies of allogeneic immunotherapy for a variety of malignancies. (Blood. 2001;97:3390-3400)..
- Brain conditioning is instrumental for successful microglia reconstitution following hematopoietic stem cell transplantationAlessia Capotondo
Division of Regenerative Medicine, Stem Cells and Gene Therapy, Vita Salute San Raffaele University, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, 20132 Milan, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:15018-23. 2012....
- Clinical evidence of a graft-versus-Hodgkin's-lymphoma effect after reduced-intensity allogeneic transplantationKarl S Peggs
Department of Haematology, Royal Free and University College London, UK
Lancet 365:1934-41. 2005..Therefore, we aimed to assess the graft-versus-tumour effect of reduced-intensity allogeneic transplantation...
- Allogeneic stem cell transplantation provides durable disease control in poor-risk chronic lymphocytic leukemia: long-term clinical and MRD results of the German CLL Study Group CLL3X trialPeter Dreger
Department of Medicine V, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Blood 116:2438-47. 2010..This trial is registered at http://clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00281983...
- Long-term follow-up of patients with peripheral T-cell lymphomas treated up-front with high-dose chemotherapy followed by autologous stem cell transplantationP Corradini
Divisione di Ematologia, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Universita di Milano, Milano, Italy
Leukemia 20:1533-8. 2006....
- Full haplotype-mismatched hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation: a phase II study in patients with acute leukemia at high risk of relapseFranco Aversa
HSCT Unit, Hematology Section, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Perugia, 06100 Perugia, Italy
J Clin Oncol 23:3447-54. 2005..As our original method of graft processing was unsuitable for large-scale clinical studies, we use automated devices for CD34+ cell purification...
- Graft-versus-host disease after nonmyeloablative versus conventional hematopoietic stem cell transplantationMarco Mielcarek
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Ave N, D1 100, Seattle, WA, 98109 1024, USA
Blood 102:756-62. 2003..This "late-onset acute GVHD" should be taken into consideration in the design of prospective studies comparing GVHD resulting from the two types of transplantation procedures...
- Treg-therapy allows mixed chimerism and transplantation tolerance without cytoreductive conditioningN Pilat
Division of Transplantation, Department of Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Am J Transplant 10:751-62. 2010..Thus, Treg therapy achieves mixed chimerism and tolerance without cytoreductive recipient treatment, thereby eliminating a major toxic element impeding clinical translation of this approach...
- Umbilical cord blood transplantation after nonmyeloablative conditioning: impact on transplantation outcomes in 110 adults with hematologic diseaseClaudio G Brunstein
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis MN, USA
Blood 110:3064-70. 2007..01) and use of 2 UCB units (P = .07). These findings support the use of UCB after a nonmyeloablative conditioning as a strategy for extending the availability of transplantation therapy, particularly for older patients...
- Enhancing the in vivo expansion of adoptively transferred EBV-specific CTL with lymphodepleting CD45 monoclonal antibodies in NPC patientsChrystal U Louis
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Blood 113:2442-50. 2009..Lymphodepleting mAbs prior CTL transfer may represent an alternative to chemotherapy to enhance expansion of infused CTL. This study is registered at (http://www.clinialtrials.gov) as NCT00608257...
- Cord-blood transplants from unrelated donors in patients with Hurler's syndromeSusan L Staba
Pediatric Stem Cell Transplant Program, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
N Engl J Med 350:1960-9. 2004..We investigated the feasibility of using cord-blood transplants from unrelated donors and a myeloablative preparative regimen that did not involve total-body irradiation in young children with Hurler's syndrome...
- Effectiveness of donor natural killer cell alloreactivity in mismatched hematopoietic transplantsLoredana Ruggeri
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Section of Hematology and Clinical Immunology, Perugia University School of Medicine, Perugia, Italy
Science 295:2097-100. 2002..NK cell alloreactivity may thus provide a powerful tool for enhancing the efficacy and safety of allogeneic hematopoietic transplantation...
- Graft-versus-tumor effects after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation with nonmyeloablative conditioningFrederic Baron
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Ave N, D1 100, PO Box 19024, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:1993-2003. 2005..This approach relied on graft-versus-tumor (GVT) effects for control of malignancy...
- Engraftment of human hematopoietic stem cells is more efficient in female NOD/SCID/IL-2Rgc-null recipientsFaiyaz Notta
Division of Stem Cell and Developmental Biology, Campbell Family Institute for Cancer Research Ontario Cancer Institute, Toronto, ON, Canada
Blood 115:3704-7. 2010....
- High-dose cyclophosphamide as single-agent, short-course prophylaxis of graft-versus-host diseaseLeo Luznik
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center and Department of Oncology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Blood 115:3224-30. 2010..These results suggest that high-dose posttransplantation cyclophosphamide is an effective single-agent prophylaxis of acute and chronic GVHD after BuCy conditioning and HLA-matched BMT (clinicaltrials.gov no. NCT00134017)...
- Intra-bone marrow transplantation of human CD34(+) cells into NOD/LtSz-scid IL-2rgamma(null) mice permits multilineage engraftment without previous irradiationClara Bueno
Andalusian Stem Cell Bank, Centro de Investigacion Biomedica, Consejería de Salud Universidad de Granada, Spain
Cytotherapy 12:45-9. 2010..An approach that efficiently permits the detection of human hematopoietic repopulating cells in non-irradiated recipients is therefore highly desired...
- Human cell engraftment after busulfan or irradiation conditioning of NOD/SCID miceElodie Robert-Richard
INSERM E217, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Haematologica 91:1384. 2006..Mice treated with two doses of 25 mg/kg to reduce busulfan toxicity showed increased chimerism. Busulfan conditioning and irradiation resulted in comparable sensitivity of HSC detection as evaluated by limiting dilution analysis...
- Retrospective comparison of reduced-intensity conditioning and conventional high-dose conditioning for allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation using HLA-identical sibling donors in myelodysplastic syndromesRodrigo Martino
Division of Clinical Hematology, Hopital de la Sant Creu i Sant Pau, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain
Blood 108:836-46. 2006....
- Reduced-intensity conditioning regimen workshop: defining the dose spectrum. Report of a workshop convened by the center for international blood and marrow transplant researchSergio Giralt
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 15:367-9. 2009..These results support the continued use of current criteria for RIC regimens until a consensus statement can be developed...
- Effects of intensified conditioning on Epstein-Barr virus and cytomegalovirus infections in allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for hematological malignanciesLi Xuan
Department of Hematology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
J Hematol Oncol 5:46. 2012..To explore whether intensified conditioning affected Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) and cytomegalovirus (CMV) infections, 185 patients undergoing allo-HSCT were enrolled...
- A novel conditioning regimen improves outcomes in β-thalassemia major patients using unrelated donor peripheral blood stem cell transplantationChunfu Li
Departments of Pediatrics, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, China
Blood 120:3875-81. 2012..7% in the UD-PBSCT group and 10.0% in the MSD-HSCT group. In conclusion, UD-PBSCTs using the well-tolerated NF-08-TM protocol show similar results to MSD-HSCTs and can be used to treat β-thalassemia patients in the absence of MSDs...
- Costs of hematopoietic cell transplantation: comparison of umbilical cord blood and matched related donor transplantation and the impact of posttransplant complicationsNavneet S Majhail
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 15:564-73. 2009..These costs are primarily driven by severe posttransplant complications, graft failure, and prolonged inpatient stay. Strategies to enhance engraftment will decrease the costs of UCB transplantation...
- Rapid induction of complete donor chimerism by the use of a reduced-intensity conditioning regimen composed of fludarabine and melphalan in allogeneic stem cell transplantation for metastatic solid tumorsNaoto T Ueno
Department of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 448, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Blood 102:3829-36. 2003..It induces rapid complete donor chimerism without the need for donor lymphocyte infusion. Tumor regression associated with GVHD is consistent with graft-versus-tumor effect...
- Non-myeloablative conditioning with allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation for the treatment of high-risk acute lymphoblastic leukemiaRon Ram
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue N, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Haematologica 96:1113-20. 2011..We sought to determine the outcome of non-myeloablative conditioning and allogeneic transplantation in patients with high-risk acute lymphoblastic leukemia...
- Incidence and severity of oral mucositis in patients undergoing haematopoietic SCT--results of a multicentre studyL Vagliano
Experimental Paediatrics, Department of Paediatrics, Doctoral School in Biomedical Sciences and Human Oncology, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Bone Marrow Transplant 46:727-32. 2011..The assessment tools are still used in some centres, providing a basis for further collaborative research projects...
- Pegfilgrastim reduces the length of hospitalization and the time to engraftment in multiple myeloma patients treated with melphalan 200 and auto-SCT compared with filgrastimPanagiotis Samaras
Department of Oncology, University Hospital Zurich, Ramistrasse 100, 8091, Zurich, Switzerland
Ann Hematol 90:89-94. 2011..031). Pegfilgrastim appears to be at least equivalent to filgrastim without additional expenditure in myeloma patients treated with Mel200 and APBSCT...
- Outcomes of patients with AML and MDS who relapse or progress after reduced intensity allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantationD A Pollyea
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 40:1027-32. 2007..Studies exploring the optimal treatment for relapse following reduced intensity HCT are warranted...
- Antithymocyte globulin for graft-versus-host disease prophylaxis in transplants from unrelated donors: 2 randomized studies from Gruppo Italiano Trapianti Midollo Osseo (GITMO)A Bacigalupo
Ospedale San Martino, Genova, Italy
Blood 98:2942-7. 2001....
- Risk factors for acute graft-versus-host disease grades II-IV after reduced intensity conditioning allogeneic stem cell transplantation with unrelated donors: a single centre studyM Remberger
Department of Clinical Immunology and Centre for Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Bone Marrow Transplant 41:399-405. 2008..1%, while it was 38.0 and 85.0% in patients with one (n=29) or two (n=10) risk factors (P<0.001). We concluded that risk factors for acute GVHD using RIC are similar as using myeloablative conditioning...
- Thymic T-cell development in allogeneic stem cell transplantationWerner Krenger
Department of Biomedicine, University of Basel, and Basel University Children s Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Blood 117:6768-76. 2011....
- Addition of cyclophosphamide to T-cell depletion-based nonmyeloablative conditioning allows donor T-cell engraftment and clonal deletion of alloreactive host T-cells after bone marrow transplantationHong Xu
Institute for Cellular Therapeutics, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202 1760, USA
Transplantation 83:954-63. 2007..In the present studies, we demonstrate that nonmyeloablative conditioning and BM cell infusion modulate innate and adaptive host immune responses...
- Costs of pediatric allogeneic hematopoietic-cell transplantationNavneet S Majhail
Adult Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 54:138-43. 2010..Allogeneic hematopoietic-cell transplantation (HCT), although curative for some high-risk diseases, is a complex and costly procedure. The costs of transplantation among children have not been described previously...
- Outcomes of the POG 9340/9341/9342 trials for children with high-risk neuroblastoma: a report from the Children's Oncology GroupPeter E Zage
Children s Cancer Hospital, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 51:747-53. 2008..We report here the outcomes of patients treated on these studies...
- Randomized trial of busulfan vs total body irradiation containing conditioning regimens for children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant Consortium studyN Bunin
The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 32:543-8. 2003..3). However, for URD, EFS was 20% for Bu and 57% for TBI (P=0.04). Relapses were similar in both arms. This randomized prospective study suggests that Bu is inferior to TBI for pediatric patients with ALL undergoing allogeneic SCT...
- Long-term outcomes after reduced-intensity conditioning allogeneic stem cell transplantation for low-grade lymphoma: a survey by the French Society of Bone Marrow Graft Transplantation and Cellular Therapy (SFGM-TC)Stephane Vigouroux
Service d Hematologie Clinique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire CHU Pontchaillou, Rennes, France
Haematologica 92:627-34. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine the outcome of patients with LGL treated with RIC allogeneic SCT...
- Improved outcome in young adults with de novo acute myeloid leukemia in first remission, undergoing an allogeneic bone marrow transplantD Vicente
Dipartimento di Emato Oncologia, Ospedale San Martino, San Martino, Largo Benzi 10, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Bone Marrow Transplant 40:349-54. 2007..Improvement has come not only from changes in transplant procedures, but also from effective rescue of patients relapsing after transplant...
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for autoimmune diseases: what have we learned?Richard K Burt
Division of Immunotherapy, Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Autoimmun 30:116-20. 2008..An emphasis will be placed on both the scientific basis for the development of autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation and a summary of the data in a variety of human diseases...
- Nonmyeloablative hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for systemic lupus erythematosusRichard K Burt
Division of Immunotherapy, Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Ill 60611, USA
JAMA 295:527-35. 2006..Nevertheless, there remains a subset of SLE patients for whom current strategies are insufficient to control disease...
- Risk assessment in haematopoietic stem cell transplantation: conditioningJohan Aschan
Centre for Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation and Division of Haematology, Department of Medicine, M54, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, SE 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 20:295-310. 2007..Reduced-intensity conditioning can reduce transplant-related mortality and offer otherwise ineligible patients a potentially curative treatment. Long-term results are unknown...
- Cyclophosphamide following targeted oral busulfan as conditioning for hematopoietic cell transplantation: pharmacokinetics, liver toxicity, and mortalityJeannine S McCune
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 13:853-62. 2007..Alternative strategies, such as administering i.v. busulfan or CY before BU, should be explored...
- Hematopoietic stem cell gene therapy with a lentiviral vector in X-linked adrenoleukodystrophyNathalie Cartier
INSERM UMR745, University Paris Descartes, 75279 Paris, France
Science 326:818-23. 2009..Thus, lentiviral-mediated gene therapy of hematopoietic stem cells can provide clinical benefits in ALD...
- EBMT activity survey 2004 and changes in disease indication over the past 15 yearsA Gratwohl
Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Basel, Petersgraben 4, CH 4021 Basel, Switzerland
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:1069-85. 2006..The decline in HSCT for chronic myeloid leukemia appears to level off for the first time since 1999. These data are informative for patient counselling and decision making for health care professionals...
- Single versus double autologous stem-cell transplantation for multiple myelomaMichel Attal
Department of Hematology and Biostatistics, Hopital Purpan, Toulouse, France
N Engl J Med 349:2495-502. 2003..We conducted a randomized trial of the treatment of multiple myeloma with high-dose chemotherapy followed by either one or two successive autologous stem-cell transplantations...
- Plasma levels of IL-7 and IL-15 in the first month after myeloablative BMT are predictive biomarkers of both acute GVHD and relapseS Thiant
Universite Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 45:1546-52. 2010..93; P=0.035). Plasma IL-7 and IL-15 levels in the early post transplantation period are therefore biomarkers that can help predict subsequent development of acute GVHD and malignancy relapse...
- Role of reduced intensity conditioning in T-cell and B-cell immune reconstitution after HLA-identical bone marrow transplantation in ADA-SCIDCaterina Cancrini
HSR TIGET, Istituto Scientifico HS Raffaele, Via Olgettina 58, Milan, Italy
Haematologica 95:1778-82. 2010..These results suggest the utility of exploring the use of reduced intensity conditioning in bone marrow transplantation from HLA-identical donor in severe combined immunodeficiency to improve long-term immune reconstitution...
- Expansion and activation kinetics of immune cells during early phase of GVHD in mouse model based on chemotherapy conditioningBehnam Sadeghi
Experimental Cancer Medicine, Institution for Laboratory Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Dev Immunol 2010:142943. 2010..Thus, in the very early phase of GHVD following Bu-Cy conditioning donor, DCs play an important role in the activation of donor T cells. Subsequently, donor naïve T-cells gain effector-memory phenotype and initiate GVHD...
- Allogeneic immunotherapy to optimize the graft-versus-tumor effect: concepts and controversiesSteven C Goldstein
Division of Hematology Oncology BMT, Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, 2 Perelman, 3400 Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Expert Rev Hematol 3:301-14. 2010....
- Hematopoietic SCT for peripheral T-cell lymphomaA Gutierrez
Department of Haematology, University Hospital Son Dureta, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Bone Marrow Transplant 42:773-81. 2008..For this reason, Allo-SCT procedures are the object of ongoing clinical trials...
- Combined effects of calcineurin inhibitors or sirolimus with anti-CD40L mAb on alloengraftment under nonmyeloablative conditionsPatricia A Taylor
University of Minnesota Cancer Center, Division of Bone Marrow Transplantation, 420 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Blood 100:3400-7. 2002..These data have clinical relevance and indicate that immunosuppressive pharmacologic agents enhance anti-CD40L mAb-facilitated alloengraftment and tolerance induction under nonmyeloablative conditioning...
- Adult dual umbilical cord blood transplantation using myeloablative total body irradiation (1350 cGy) and fludarabine conditioningJunya Kanda
Adult Stem Cell Transplant Program, Division of Cellular Therapy, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 17:867-74. 2011..This study supports the use of TBI 1350 cGy/Flu as an alternative to conventional myeloablative conditioning for dual UCB transplantation...
- Myelodysplastic syndrome and acute myeloid leukemia after autotransplantation for lymphoma: a multicenter case-control studyCatherine Metayer
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 101:2015-23. 2003..Transplantation-related factors may also modulate this risk; however, the apparent contribution of high-dose TBI requires confirmation...
- Graft-versus-host disease following allogeneic transplantation from HLA-identical sibling with antithymocyte globulin-based reduced-intensity preparative regimenMohamad Mohty
Unite de Transplantation et de Therapie Cellulaire, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Blood 102:470-6. 2003..Collectively, these results provide a framework for the refinement of RIC approaches designed to enhance the GVT effect with an acceptable risk of GVHD...
- Transplantation of umbilical-cord blood in babies with infantile Krabbe's diseaseMaria L Escolar
Program for Neurodevelopmental Function in Rare Disorders, Clinical Center for the Study of Development and Learning, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill 27599 7255, USA
N Engl J Med 352:2069-81. 2005..We compared the outcomes among these newborns with the outcomes among infants who underwent transplantation after the development of symptoms and with the outcomes in an untreated cohort of affected children...
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in autoimmune diseases: is the glass half full or half empty?Gabor G Illei
Arthritis Rheum 54:3730-4. 2006
- Two hundred living donor kidney transplantations under alemtuzumab induction and tacrolimus monotherapy: 3-year follow-upH P Tan
the Thomas E Starzl Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Am J Transplant 9:355-66. 2009..4% remained steroid-free from the time of transplantation. Infectious complications were uncommon. This experience suggests the 3-year efficacy of this approach...
- Graft failure in cord blood transplantation successfully treated with short-term reduced-intensity conditioning regimen and second allogeneic transplantationMasahiko Sumi
Department of Hematology, Nagano Red Cross Hospital, 5 22 1 Wakasato, Nagano, Nagano 380 8582, Japan
Int J Hematol 92:744-50. 2010..Four patients remain alive between 5 and 38 months after second SCT. '1-day'-based short-term conditioning may be a promising salvage regimen...
- Development of a secondary autoimmune disorder after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for autoimmune diseases: role of conditioning regimen usedYvonne Loh
Division of Immunotherapy, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Blood 109:2643-548. 2007..011). In contrast, sex, type of ATG used, and CD34-selection of peripheral blood stem cells were not found to be significantly associated with development of a secondary autoimmune disorder...
- An overview of the progress on double umbilical cord blood transplantationAnastasia Sideri
Stem Health Hellas, Hygeia Hospital, 4 Er Stavrou and Kifisias Avenue, Athens, Greece
Haematologica 96:1213-20. 2011..We present here a brief overview of the clinical experience on double umbilical cord blood transplantation and its underlying biology...
- A modified haploidentical nonmyeloablative transplantation without T cell depletion for high-risk acute leukemia: successful engraftment and mild GVHDMei Guo
Department of Hematology and Transplantation, Affiliated Hospital of Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 15:930-7. 2009..2%. The results indicate that this new strategy is effective in improving donor engraftment and preventing severe GVHD, which will provide a feasible option for the therapy of high-risk acute leukemia...
- Fludarabine and busulfan as a myeloablative conditioning regimen for allogeneic stem cell transplantation in high- and standard-risk leukemic patientsM Iravani
Hematology Oncology and BMT Research Center, Medical Sciences, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Bone Marrow Transplant 40:105-10. 2007....
- Allogeneic stem cell transplant from HLA-identical sibling for chronic granulomatous disease and review of the literatureI Del Giudice
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie Cellulari ed Ematologia, Universita La Sapienza, Via Benevento 6, 00161 Rome, Italy
Ann Hematol 82:189-92. 2003..A review of the literature revealed that 20 of 24 CGD patients are alive and disease free 1-7 years after transplant. Most of these patients were conditioned with the BUCY combination, which should be considered the recommended regimen...
- Negative effect of KIR alloreactivity in recipients of umbilical cord blood transplant depends on transplantation conditioning intensityClaudio G Brunstein
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Blood 113:5628-34. 2009..8; 95% CI, 1.0-3.1; P = .05). Our results do not support the selection of UCB units based on KIR-L status and suggest that KIR-L mismatching should be avoided in reduced intensity UCB transplantation...
- Long-term follow-up of nonmyeloablative allogeneic stem cell transplantation for renal cell carcinoma: The University of Chicago ExperienceA S Artz
University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, IL 60637 1470, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 35:253-60. 2005..002). NST leads to durable responses in a minority of metastatic RCC patients. Appropriate patient selection is paramount. Anemia and decreased performance status may enable risk stratification...
- Unrelated donor and HLA-identical sibling haematopoietic stem cell transplantation cure chronic granulomatous disease with good long-term outcome and growthElena Soncini
Department of Paediatric Immunology, Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals Foundation Trust, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Br J Haematol 145:73-83. 2009..Transplant-associated complications were restricted to those with pre-existing infection or inflammation, supporting the argument for early HSCT for more CGD patients with a well matched donor...
- Reduced intensity conditioning for allograft after cytoreductive autograft in metastatic breast cancerAngelo M Carella
Division of Haematology, Azienda Ospedaliera e Cliniche Universitarie San Martino, Largo R Benzi, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Lancet 366:318-20. 2005..No non-relapse-related deaths occurred during the first 100 days. Five patients (29%) were alive 90-2160 days (median 1320) after RICT. This two-step approach is feasible in patients with metastatic breast cancer...
- New classification of chronic GVHD: added clarity from the consensus diagnosesM Arora
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, Division of Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation, Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 43:149-53. 2009..1% (95% CI 68-94)); P=0.1. This analysis, undertaken in a contemporary cohort of related donor recipients, indicates that the consensus guidelines are applicable to this population of CGVHD patients...
- Predicting costs of stem-cell transplantationS J Lee
Department of Adult Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Oncol 18:64-71. 2000..We sought (1) to determine whether obtaining baseline information enabled identification of patients whose treatments would be the most costly and (2) to estimate inpatient costs for managing specific transplantation complications...
- Final height and gonad function after total body irradiation during childhoodA C Couto-Silva
Universite Paris Descartes, Unité d Endocrinologie Pédiatrique, AP HP, Hopital Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 38:427-32. 2006..005) concentrations. We concluded that the indications for GH treatment should be mainly based on the age at irradiation, taking into account the GH peak. The plasma FSH and inhibin B concentrations may predict sperm function...
- Long-term clinical outcome of patients with severe combined immunodeficiency who received related donor bone marrow transplants without pretransplant chemotherapy or post-transplant GVHD prophylaxisMary Dell Railey
Department of Pediatrics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Pediatr 155:834-840.e1. 2009..Only 16 (10%) had HLA-identical donors...
- Partially matched, nonmyeloablative allogeneic transplantation: clinical outcomes and immune reconstitutionDavid A Rizzieri
Department of Medicine, Division of Cellular Therapy, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:690-7. 2007..To allow a donor to be found for nearly all patients, we have used a nonmyeloablative conditioning regimen in conjunction with stem cells from a related donor with one fully mismatched HLA haplotype...
- Nonmyeloablative conditioning is sufficient to allow engraftment of EGFP-expressing bone marrow and subsequent acceptance of EGFP-transgenic skin grafts in miceGoran Andersson
BioTransplant Incorporated, Boston, MA 02129, USA
Blood 101:4305-12. 2003..These results broaden the therapeutic potential for using hematopoietic molecular chimerism in nonmyeloablated recipients as a means of preventing rejection of genetically modified cells...
- Long-term results of autologous hematopoietic cell transplantation for peripheral T cell lymphoma: the Stanford experienceAndy I Chen
Stanford University Medical Center, Division of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:741-7. 2008....
- Reduced-intensity conditioning for myeloma: lower nonrelapse mortality but higher relapse rates compared with myeloablative conditioningCharles Crawley
Department of Haematology, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge, UK
Blood 109:3588-94. 2007..0), and the conditioning intensity did not impact on overall survival or retain significance for PFS. These data suggest that there is a continuing need to investigate dose intensity in the conditioning for myeloma allografts...
- Hematopoietic cell transplantation in patients with myelodysplastic syndrome or acute myeloid leukemia arising from myelodysplastic syndrome: similar outcomes in patients with de novo disease and disease following prior therapy or antecedent hematologic dChunkang Chang
Department of Hematology, Shanghai Sixth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Blood 110:1379-87. 2007..The data suggest that overall inferior outcome in patients with secondary MDS/tAML was related to the frequency of high-risk cytogenetics. For both cohorts, transplantation outcomes improved over the time interval studied...
- Quantitation of T-cell neogenesis in vivo after allogeneic bone marrow transplantation in adultsE P Hochberg
Disease Center for Hematologic Oncology, Department of Adult Oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston MA 02115, USA
Blood 98:1116-21. 2001..These studies demonstrate that T-cell neogenesis contributes to immune reconstitution in adult patients and suggest that thymic function can be manipulated in vivo. (Blood. 2001;98:1116-1121)..
- Regression of metastatic renal-cell carcinoma after nonmyeloablative allogeneic peripheral-blood stem-cell transplantationR Childs
Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1652, USA
N Engl J Med 343:750-8. 2000....
- Autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for autoimmune diseasesA Gratwohl
University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Bone Marrow Transplant 35:869-79. 2005..81 (0.96-3.42)); low intensity, RR2.34 (1.074-5.11)). These data from the collective EBMT experience support the hypothesis that autologous HSCT can alter disease progression in severe autoimmune disease...
- Allogeneic stem cell transplantation after reduced-intensity conditioning in patients with myelofibrosis: a prospective, multicenter study of the Chronic Leukemia Working Party of the European Group for Blood and Marrow TransplantationNicolaus Kroger
Center for Stem Cell Transplantation, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Blood 114:5264-70. 2009..70; P = .02) and human leukocyte antigen-mismatched donor (hazard ratio = 3.04; P = .006) remained significant factors for survival. The study was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT 00599547...
- Prospective feasibility analysis of reduced-intensity conditioning (RIC) regimens for hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) in elderly patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and high-risk myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS)Elihu Estey
Department of Leukemia, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Blood 109:1395-400. 2007..99 (P=.004). Results were similar with respect to survival. While RIC-HSCT thus seems of interest, methods are needed to extend its applicability...
- Allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in China: where we are and where to goMeng Lv
Peking University People s Hospital, Peking University Institute of Hematology, Beijing Key Laboratory of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation, No 11 Xizhimen South Street, Beijng 100044, China
J Hematol Oncol 5:10. 2012..This review will describe the current situation and provide a prospective of these unique aspects of Allo-HSCT in China...
- Reduced intensity conditioning for allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation: current perspectivesBrenda M Sandmaier
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and the University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 13:87-97. 2007..In the future, clinical trials using reduced intensity and nonmyeloablative conditioning will be compared with myeloablative conditioning in selected malignancies to extend the application to standard-risk patients...
- Randomized controlled trials of autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for autoimmune diseases: the evolution from myeloablative to lymphoablative transplant regimensRichard K Burt
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60011, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:3750-60. 2006
- Outcomes for reduced-intensity allogeneic transplantation for multiple myeloma: an analysis of prognostic factors from the Chronic Leukaemia Working Party of the EBMTCharles Crawley
Clinical Haematology, Box 234, Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge, CB2 2QQ, United Kingdom
Blood 105:4532-9. 2005..While RIC is feasible, heavily pretreated patients and patients with progressive disease do not benefit...
- Rapid natural killer cell recovery determines outcome after T-cell-depleted HLA-identical stem cell transplantation in patients with myeloid leukemias but not with acute lymphoblastic leukemiaB N Savani
Stem Cell Transplantation Section, Hematology Branch, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1202, USA
Leukemia 21:2145-52. 2007..7, P=0.028) and improved survival (HR 11.4, P=0.03). Results suggest that T cell-depleted SCT might be improved and the GVL effect enhanced by selecting donors with favorable KIR genotype, and by optimizing CD34 and CD3 doses...
- Immune reconstitution after haploidentical hematopoietic cell transplantation: impact of reduced intensity conditioning and CD3/CD19 depleted graftsB Federmann
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Medical Center, University of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
Leukemia 25:121-9. 2011..In conclusion, after HHCT, using CD3/CD19-depleted grafts and RIC, T- and B-cell reconstitution is delayed, whereas NK-cell reconstitution occurs early and fast...
- Extracorporeal photopheresis for the treatment of steroid refractory acute GVHDP Perfetti
Divisione Ematologia e Trapianto di Midollo e Centro Trasfusionale San Martino, Genova, Italy
Bone Marrow Transplant 42:609-17. 2008..08). ECP is a treatment option for patients with steroid refractory aGVHD and should be considered early in the course of the disease...
- Head and neck squamous cell carcinoma in 13 patients with Fanconi anemia after hematopoietic stem cell transplantationCaroline Masserot
Assistance Publique Hospitaux de Paris, Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Saint Louis Hospital, Paris, France
Cancer 113:3315-22. 2008..Fanconi anemia (FA) is a chromosomal instability disorder with a very high risk of developing head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC), most notably after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT)...
- Improved risk classification for risk-specific therapy based on the molecular study of minimal residual disease (MRD) in adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)Renato Bassan
Unità Strutturale Complessa di Ematologia, Ospedali Riuniti, Bergamo, Italy
Blood 113:4153-62. 2009..001) using a level of 10(-4) or higher to define persistent disease. MRD analysis during early postremission therapy improves risk definitions and bolsters risk-oriented strategies. ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00358072...
- Thymic recovery after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation with non-myeloablative conditioning is limited to patients younger than 60 years of ageEmilie Castermans
University of Liege, Department of Hematology, CHU Sart Tilman, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Haematologica 96:298-306. 2011..This prompted us to investigate long-term lymphocyte reconstitution and thymic function in 80 patients given allogeneic peripheral blood stem cells after non-myeloablative conditioning...
- New approaches for improving engraftment after cord blood transplantationVanderson Rocha
Universite de Paris 7, Hospital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 16:S126-32. 2010..Those approaches may greatly increase the quality and availability of CB for transplantation...
- Hematopoietic gene therapy for hemophilia AH Trent Spencer; Fiscal Year: 2013..levels are achieved after transplantation of BDDpfVIII-transduced HSCs following low-toxicity pre-transplantation conditioning with targeted immunosuppression, even in the context of pre-existing anti-human fVIII inhibitors...
- Optimizing Mixed-Chimerism for Heart Transplantation in Non-Human PrimatesJOREN C contact MADSEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Application of Expanded Myeloid Progenitors for Infection (Phase II)Ramkumar Mandalam; Fiscal Year: 2007..NARRATIVE Neutropenic patients at risk for lethal fungal and bacterial infections as a result of pre- transplantation conditioning, radiotherapy or chemotherapy have few effective alternatives for treatment...
- NOVEL THERAPEUTIC STRATEGIES IN MYELODYSPLASTIC SYNDROMEH Deeg; Fiscal Year: 2003..Optimization of therapy, in turn, should reduce morbidity and mortality associated with MDS and improve the quality of life of patients with MDS. ..
- Cell Death and Clonal Survival in Myelodysplastic Syndr*H Deeg; Fiscal Year: 2008..To achieve these objectives, we must better understand the underlying mechanisms of MDS and thereby identify ways by which the disease process can be arrested, progression prevented, and the disease hopefully be cured. ..
- WT1 Expression in Patients with MDS Treated with ATG an*H Deeg; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Improving AML Therapy outcome by Cholesterol ModulationFrederick Appelbaum; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our data could have broad significance for other less experimentally tractable, statin-sensitive cancers. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development AwDavid Rizzieri; Fiscal Year: 2004..These results will lead to future improvements in maximizing the anti-tumor effects of allogeneic therapy, hastening immunologic recovery, and minimizing the toxicity of this procedure. ..
- A Novel Autotransplant Protocol for CMLMarcos de Lima; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- OPTIMIZING RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY FOR NON HODGKIN'S LYMPHOMAAjay Gopal; Fiscal Year: 2005..We anticipate that these interventions will ultimately enhance the prognosis for patients with relapsed lymphoma by increasing the response and survival rates, while simultaneously minimizing toxicities. ..
- ANTI-CD20 ANTIBODY THERAPY OF NHL-- MECHANISM OF ACTIONDavid Maloney; Fiscal Year: 2002..III. Determine the role of the mAb FC region in mediating anti- proliferative effects of anti-CD20 mAbs in xenografts of B cell NHL lines in NOD/SCID mice. ..
- Impact of Comorbidities on Outcomes of Allogeneic TransplantationMohamed Sorror; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Proapoptotic Therapy for B-cell Non Hodgkin's LymphomaAjay Gopal; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Blood and Marrow Transplant State of the Science SymposiumJames Ferrara; Fiscal Year: 2007..Importantly, we intend to publish the recommendations of the symposium and we plan oral presentations of the symposium's major findings at the 2007 ASH meeting and the 2008 Tandem meeting. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Function & Fate of Alloantigen-specific CD8 Cell in GVHDPaul Martin; Fiscal Year: 2005..The studies proposed in this application will help clarify the critical functions and fate of specific donor CD8 cell population that cause GVHD. ..
- Phase 3 stem cell transplant for light chain amyloidosisMorie A Gertz; Fiscal Year: 2011..In addition, the analysis of clonal precursor B cells in the periphery and kinetics of amyloid formation of the monoclonal light chain will allow us to define and determine the mechanisms of disease progression and response to therapy. ..
- Accurate Prediction of Acute Myeloid Leukemia RelapseSoheil Meshinchi; Fiscal Year: 2005..With these enhancements and modifications, we believe we will be able to accurately predict relapse in more than 80% of children with AML who achieve remission. ..
- CELLULAR IMMUNOTHERAPY FOR HEMATOLOGIC MALIGNANCYJohn Levine; Fiscal Year: 2006..2A. To evaluate a panel of cytokines as surrogate markers for GVHD and correlate these with clinical outcomes during the above trial. 2B. To correlate changes in minimal residual disease with clinical outcomes during the above trial. ..
- Lung Transplantation and Immune Tolerance in Young RecipientsRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Metabolic Syndrome Following Transplant for LeukemiaKEVIN S BAKER; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Genetic epidemiology of TLR4 alleles and bacteremiaJason Chien; Fiscal Year: 2006..Ultimately, this cohort of patients will be developed in anticipation of future genetic discoveries in the complicated pathway of pathogen recognition and host inflammatory response. ..
- Nonmyeloablative Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation for Severe Systemic SclerosisRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2006..The unique observations in this study regarding responses and recovery of organs after inducing a sustained remission of SSc will serve to focus and direct other non-transplant research activities. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Treatment of Graft-versus-Host Disease Using EnbrelJohn Levine; Fiscal Year: 2005..Abstract Not Provided ..
- Mycophenylate mofetil for treatment of chronic GVHDPaul Martin; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Protection from GVHD with Gene-Modified Donor T CellsRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Separating Antitumor & GvHD in Allogeneic T-CellsEDMUND WALLER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our studies will improve the understanding of the role of donor cells in inducing GvHD and GvT effects after allogeneic HPCT and facilitate development of novel approaches in immunotherapy cancer patients. ..
- Nonmyeloablative Allografting for Hematologic NeoplasiaMichael Maris; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- TEMPORALLY CONTROLLED DEPLETION OF ALLOREACTIVE T CELLSPaul Martin; Fiscal Year: 2002..Results of these preclinical studies will help to assess the potential risks and benefits of using similar approaches to prevent GVHD in human marrow transplantation. ..
- Phase II Trial of Thalidomide in Primary AmyloidosisAngela Dispenzieri; Fiscal Year: 2002..The ultimate goal of the proposed studies is to improve the prognosis of patient with this fatal disease. ..
- ENGRAFTING SENSITIZED HOSTS WITH NONABLATIVE REGIMENSRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2002..By lessening the morbidity and mortality associated with conventional conditioning, these studies could significantly change the management of selected inherited red blood cell diseases. ..
- MECHANISMS OF IPS AFTER ALLOGENEIC BMTJames Ferrara; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Prognostic implications of Flt3 mutations in AMLSoheil Meshinchi; Fiscal Year: 2004..This grant project will undertake an extensive evaluation of Flt3 mutations in the largest patient population tested to date and will correlate the data with other biologic markers. ..
- Immunological Monitoring of Heart Allograft RecipientsNicole Suciu Foca; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Gene Modified Donor T Cell Infusion into Mixed ChimerasGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2003..If successful, this study could translate into improved control of the GVH reaction and improved survival after allogeneic HCT. ..
- T AND B CELL TOLERANCE IN HUMAN MIXED CHIMERASMegan Sykes; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Clonal Isolation of Mesenchymal Progenitors from StromaKarl Sylvester; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- SEPARATION OF GVH AND GVL IN MOUSE MODELSMegan Sykes; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Bone Marrow-Derived Stem Cell Therapy of Hemophilia AChristopher Doering; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- COMPATIBILITY OF SWINE STEM CELLS AND HUMAN STROMAMegan Sykes; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Improving Gastrointestinal Recovery after RadiationGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- OPTIMIZING BMT FOR CANCER BY GENETIC MATCHING OF DONORSEffie Petersdorf; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- POST BMT LUNG INJURY PATHOPHYSIOLOGYAngela Panoskaltsis Mortari; Fiscal Year: 2009..These translatable approaches offer new avenues for the prevention and treatment of IPS. ..
- Astatine-211 Conditioning for Nonmyeloablative Hematopoietic Stem Cell AllograftsBRENDA MARIE SANDMAIER; Fiscal Year: 2010..The final, and most important, studies will involve determining the quantity of 211At-labeled MAb required to obtain stable engraftment in HCT involvingDLA- haploidentical littermates. ..
- Immune reconstitution to AspergillusKieren A Marr; Fiscal Year: 2010..This information will be valuable for development of strategies to prevent and treat fungal infections in immunocompromised people. ..
- Vaccine efficacy post related and unrelated HCTTrudy Small; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- NORMAL TISSUE DOSE VOLUME RESPONSE IN RADIATION THERAPYTimothy Schultheiss; Fiscal Year: 2002..This form of data splitting will be used to determine if the model(s) fit the new data, thereby validating the initial results. ..
- MIXED CHIMERISM AND TOLERANCE IN CYNOMOLGUS MONKEYSTatsuo Kawai; Fiscal Year: 2005..These analyses should provide valuable information for extending this approach to clinical allotransplantation. ..
- GENE MODIFIED T-CELLS FOR ENGRAFTMENT AND GVHD CONTROLGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will test if donor CTL specific for host minor histocompatibility antigens can convert mixed to complete donor chimerism. If successful this would make MHC-matched stem cell transplantation less toxic. ..
- CLINICAL RESEARCH IN STEM CELL TRANSPLANTATIONSCOTT BEARMAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..Dr. Bearman will devote 50 percent effort to this 5 year program. ..
- GLOBIN GENE TRANSFER FOR THERAPY OF SICKLE CELL ANEMIAMichel Sadelain; Fiscal Year: 2004..of genetically corrected blood cells and (2) to decrease the toxicity associated with the transplantation conditioning regimen...
- Lymphoma Therapy Using Mixed Progenitor TransplantsSamuel Strober; Fiscal Year: 2004..GVHD will be monitored by clinical signs, survival, and histopathology. ..
- XENOGENEIC STEM CELL AND THYMIC REPLACEMENT IN AIDSMegan Sykes; Fiscal Year: 2004..These Projects constitute a highly integrated pre-clinical and clinical program aimed at thymic xenotransplantation as an approach to achieving immune reconstitution in the treatment of HIV-infected people. ..
- SUBCLINICAL CMV INFECTION AFTER MARROW TRANSPLANTATIONWilliam Nichols; Fiscal Year: 2004..This award will support my first step towards obtaining my long-term career goal, which is to be a proficient clinical investigator for infections in the immunocompromised host. ..
- MOBILIZED BLOOD STEM CELL TRANSPLANTATION WITHOUT GVHDSamuel Strober; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- GVHD and Relapse:Ex-Vivo Expanded Allogeneic TherapySally Arai; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Antigen Presentation in CD4-mediated Cardiac RejectionTodd Grazia; Fiscal Year: 2003..endothelial cells). These chimeric mice can then serve as heart donors into immunodeficient recipients reconstituted with CD4 T-cells. Results of these studies will have significant implications for targeted therapy. ..
- CD4(-) and CD8(-) T Cells in Autoimmune & Normal MiceSamuel Strober; Fiscal Year: 2006..The latter cells will be transferred to non-transgenic NZB/NZW hosts to determine their contribution to IgG autoantibody secretion. ..
- B Cell Expansion After Dendritic Cell ImmunizationMichael Jordan; Fiscal Year: 2004..My near term career path will involve ongoing basic research and study in order to improve my ultimate scientific productivity. ..
- Cell Therapy by In Vivo FusionMarkus Grompe; Fiscal Year: 2007..Aim 3 is geared toward enhancing the efficiency of in vivo fusion and thereby increasing the number of bone marrow derived hepatocytes. Fusogenic viral envelope proteins will be used to artificially induce cell fusion. ..
- High Expression Recombinant Factor VIIIChristopher Doering; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Renal Injury After Hematopoietic Stem Cell TransplantSangeeta Hingorani; Fiscal Year: 2007..host disease and cyclopsorine use using Cox regression modeling. ..
- Ex Vivo Expansion of Cord Blood Progenitor CellsColleen Delaney; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- CARDINAL BERNARDIN CANCER CENTER, LOYOLA UNIVERSITYPatrick Stiff; Fiscal Year: 2002..At the completion of this grant, the Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center plans to be positioned to successfully apply for a P-30 Cancer Center Support Grant. ..
- Stem/Progenitor Cell Inversions With Cell Cycle TransitGerald Colvin; Fiscal Year: 2007..They promise to further define the basic nature of the hematopoietic marrow stem cells and could lead to interesting preclinical models for selective lineage support of various myeloablative therapy approaches . ..
- Optimizing Nonmyeloablative Stem Cell TransplantationMarco Mielcarek; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- CUTANEOUS ONCOLOGYMadeleine Duvic; Fiscal Year: 2004..Young physicians and students who receive advanced training in the proper detection, prevention, and treatment of skin cancers will be a resource and may improve outcomes for patients of the future. ..