Genomes and Genes
Summary: Testing of immune status in the diagnosis and therapy of cancer, immunoproliferative and immunodeficiency disorders, and autoimmune abnormalities. Changes in immune parameters are of special significance before, during and following organ transplantation. Strategies include measurement of tumor antigen and other markers (often by RADIOIMMUNOASSAY), studies of cellular or humoral immunity in cancer etiology, IMMUNOTHERAPY trials, etc.
Publications238 found, 100 shown here
- Ex vivo analysis of human antigen-specific CD8+ T-cell responses: quality assessment of fluorescent HLA-A2 multimer and interferon-gamma ELISPOT assays for patient immune monitoringDaniel E Speiser
Division of Clinical Onco Immunology, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Immunother 27:298-308. 2004..Comparable results were obtained with ELISPOT assays. In conclusion, this approach is well suited to assess T-cell responses as biologic endpoints in clinical vaccine studies...
- Immunologic monitoringMaria P Hernandez-Fuentes
Department of Immunology, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Campus, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, UK
Immunol Rev 196:247-64. 2003..Of course sensitive, accurate and specific immunologic monitoring has applications well beyond the field of transplantation.
- Immunologic monitoring of cancer vaccine therapy: results of a workshop sponsored by the Society for Biological TherapyUlrich Keilholz
UKBF Free University, Berlin, Germany
J Immunother 25:97-138. 2002..At present, assays appear to be most useful as measures of vaccine potency. Careful immune monitoring in association with larger scale clinical trials ultimately may enable the correlation of monitoring results with clinical benefit...
- Immune monitoring of T-cell responses in cancer vaccine developmentUlrich Keilholz
Charite, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Department of Medicine III, Free University Berlin, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 12:2346s-2352s. 2006....
- Toward the harmonization of immune monitoring in clinical trials: quo vadis?C M Britten
Department of Immunohaematology and Blood Transfusion, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Cancer Immunol Immunother 57:285-8. 2008
- The CIMT-monitoring panel: a two-step approach to harmonize the enumeration of antigen-specific CD8+ T lymphocytes by structural and functional assaysC M Britten
Department of Immunohaematology and Blood Transfusion, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Cancer Immunol Immunother 57:289-302. 2008..Such "two-step" inter-laboratory projects could define rational bases for accepted international guidelines and thereby lead to the harmonization of the techniques used for immune monitoring...
- Hybrid-cell vaccines for cancer immune therapyUwe Trefzer
Department of Dermatology and Allergy, Charité Humboldt University Medical School, Schumannstrase, 20 21, 10117, Berlin, Germany
Mol Biotechnol 25:63-9. 2003....
- Antigen-specific cancer vaccinesUlrich Keilholz
Department of Medicine III, Charite Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Recent Results Cancer Res 176:213-8. 2007....
- Pre- and post-transplant monitoring of soluble CD30 levels as predictor of acute renal allograft rejectionDong Wang
Organ Transplant Institute, Fuzhou General Hospital, No 156 Xi erhuan North Road, Fuzhou, 350025, China
Transpl Immunol 17:278-82. 2007..Therefore, sCD30 level may be a good marker of increased alloreactivity and of significant predictive value. It's necessary to monitor the variation of sCD30 in the early period post-transplant...
- Monitoring of anti-HLA and anti-Major histocompatibility complex class I related chain A antibodies in living related renal donor transplantationA Panigrahi
Department of Transplant Immunology and Immunogenetics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Transplant Proc 39:759-60. 2007..035 and P = .001, respectively) as compared to the nonsensitized group. The study illustrated that posttransplant monitoring antibodies to both MICA as well as HLA could be good predictors of renal allograft failure...
- Serial monitoring of immunological parameters following human hand transplantXiao Fei Zheng
Orthopaedics Department, Guangzhou, Liuhuaqiao Hospital, Guangzhou, China
Clin Transplant 18:119-23. 2004..Although early successes have been achieved in human hand transplant, the changes of immunological parameters in the recipients and their relations to clinical events were not yet known...
- Comparison of steroid avoidance in tacrolimus/mycophenolate mofetil and tacrolimus/sirolimus combination in kidney transplantation monitored by surveillance biopsyMysore S Anil Kumar
Division of Transplantation, Department of Surgery and Transplantation, Drexel University College of Medicine and Hahnemann University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Transplantation 80:807-14. 2005..This prospective study compared the safety and efficacy of steroid avoidance in tacrolimus (TAC)/mycophenolate mofetil (MMF) and TAC/sirolimus (SRL) combinations in kidney transplantation...
- Current approaches in dendritic cell generation and future implications for cancer immunotherapySandra Tuyaerts
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Therapy, Department of Physiology and Immunology, Medical School of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 103 E, 1090, Brussels, Belgium
Cancer Immunol Immunother 56:1513-37. 2007..Here, we review the recent developments in clinical DC generation, antigen loading methods and immunomonitoring approaches for DC-based trials...
- Mimotopes of tumor-associated T-cell epitopes for cancer vaccines determined with combinatorial peptide librariesTumenjargal Sherev
Department of Dermatology and Allergy, Medical Faculty Charité, Humboldt University, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10117, Berlin, Germany
Mol Biotechnol 25:53-61. 2003....
- Unusual presentation of herpes virus infections in renal transplant recipients exposed to high mycophenolic acid plasma concentrationsP J H Smak Gregoor
Department of Internal Medicine, Room D 412, Erasmus Medical Center, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Transpl Infect Dis 5:79-83. 2003..High MPA levels may reflect over-immunosuppression resulting in infectious complications...
- Results of the first phase I/II clinical vaccination trial with direct injection of mRNABenjamin Weide
Department of Dermatology, Institute for Cell Biology, University of Tubingen, Germany
J Immunother 31:180-8. 2008..However, a demonstration of clinical effectiveness of direct injection of copy mRNA for antitumor immunotherapy was not shown in this study and must be evaluated in subsequent trials...
- Interleukin-6, interleukin-8, and interleukin-10 in kidney transplantation: improved risk strategy?R Diller
Surgical Research, Department of General Surgery, Muenster University Hospital, Muenster, Germany
Transplant Proc 35:1333-7. 2003
- Sialyl Lewis(x) monitoring as an early detector of B-cell-dependent rejectionHideki Ishida
Department of Urology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, 8 1 Kawada cho, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 0054, Japan
Transplant Proc 34:1760-2. 2002
- The number of peripheral CD4CD25 cells and early postoperative episodes in renal transplantationS Satoh
Department of Urology, Akita University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Hondo, Akita 010 8543, Japan
Transplant Proc 34:1755-6. 2002
- Effect of mycophenolate mofetil regimen on peripheral blood lymphocyte subsets in kidney transplant recipientsJ A Bravo Soto
Nephrology Services of Virgen de las Nieves University Hospital, Grenada, Spain
Transplant Proc 35:1355-9. 2003..Due to the selective antiproliferative effect of mycophenolate mofetil (MMF) on lymphocytes, our goal was to determine whether MMF modulates peripheral blood lymphocyte subsets (PBLS) in kidney allograft patients...
- Immunological monitoring of calcineurin inhibitors for predicting cytomegalovirus infection in kidney transplant recipientsLionel Couzi
Service de Nephrologie, CHU Bordeaux, Hopital Pellegrin, CNRS UMR 5164, 146 rue Leo Saignat, Universite Bordeaux 2, INSERM U897, 146, rue Leo Saignat, Bordeaux, France
Transplantation 86:1060-7. 2008..Measurement of the biological effects of CNI could provide clues to identify overimmunosuppressed kidney transplant recipients (KTR) who would subsequently develop CMV infection...
- Preliminary evaluation of the new TACR flex method versus MEIA method in the therapeutic monitoring of tacrolimus in organ transplantationA Bachetoni
Department of General Surgery, Paride Stefanini, Laboratory of Clinical Pathology, University of Sapienza, Roma, Italy
Transplant Proc 39:2008-9. 2007..The TACR Flex Dimension method provided a higher automation level and therefore a lower incidence of preanalytical errors and a lower turnaround time...
- Immune profiling: molecular monitoring in renal transplantationSteven C Hoffmann
Transplantation Section, Transplantation and Autoimmunity Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland 20889, USA
Front Biosci 8:e444-62. 2003..Suggestions for the adaptation of these methods for therapeutic intervention will be given. We propose that clinical transplantation should proceed in close step with modern molecular diagnostics...
- Spontaneous operational tolerance after immunosuppressive drug withdrawal in clinical renal allotransplantationJoanna Ashton-Chess
INSERM, U643, Nantes, France
Transplantation 84:1215-9. 2007..Collaborative efforts through international networks, together with the application of newer and more powerful technologies to diagnostic, prognostic, and mechanistic research, may help transplanters to achieve this goal...
- [Development of immunotherapy for cancer: lessons from melanoma research]Yutaka Kawakami
Division of Cellular Signaling, Institute for Advanced Medical Research, Keio University School of Medicine
Nihon Rinsho Meneki Gakkai Kaishi 27:87-98. 2004..The translational research performed on melanoma, would facilitate development of immunotherapy for other cancers...
- Cyclosporin exposure correlates with 1 year graft function and histological damage in renal transplanted patientsSalvatore Di Paolo
Department of Emergency and Organ Transplant, Division of Nephrology, University of Bari, Policlinico, Piazza Giulio Cesare 11, I 70124 Bari, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:2107-12. 2004..The impact of C(2) monitoring on long-term kidney graft function, independent from AR risk, is still unclear, however, and it was assessed in the present study...
- Monitoring anti-HLA Class I IgG antibodies in renal transplant recipientsE Aragão
Nephrology Division, Sao Paulo Federal University, Kidney and Hypertension Hospital, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Transplant Proc 36:836-7. 2004..4%); infarction (25%); and no rejection (12.5%). We observed a high incidence of anti-HLA class I IgG antibodies during acute tubular necrosis, borderline changes, acute rejection types IIB and III, and chronic allograft nephropathy...
- The ratio of interferon-gamma and interleukin-10 producing donor-specific cells as an in vitro monitoring tool for renal transplant patientsDaniëlle E M van den Boogaardt
Department of Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Transplantation 82:844-8. 2006..The ratio of IFN-gamma/IL-10 producing cells showed to be the best tool to discriminate between nonrejecting patients and rejecting patients...
- Use of an immune function assay to monitor immunosuppression for treatment of post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorderAmitabh Gautam
Division of Organ Transplantation, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Pediatr Transplant 10:613-6. 2006..Later, when the cell-mediated immune response increased, with negative viral load, immunosuppression was gradually increased utilizing the assay to adjust dosing. Presently, there are no signs of PTLD and renal function remains normal...
- Use of an immune function assay to monitor immunosuppressionPaul Grimm
Pediatr Transplant 10:533-5. 2006
- Cyclosporine lymphocyte maximum level monitoring in de novo kidney transplant patients: a prospective studyA G Barbari
Nephrology and Transplantation Unit, Rizk Hospital, Beirut, Lebanon
Exp Clin Transplant 4:400-5. 2006..To determine prospectively the temporal variations of cyclosporine-A lymphocyte maximum level, whole blood maximum concentration, and total lymphocyte count in patients with de novo kidney transplantation...
- Interferon-gamma and cancer immunoeditingGavin P Dunn
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Center for Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Immunol Res 32:231-45. 2005..Our current work focuses on defining the molecular mechanisms that underlie cancer immunoediting and exploring the implications of this process for cancer immunotherapy...
- Anti-HLA antibodies in kidney transplanted patientsD Maccarone
Immunohematology and Tissue Typing Regional Center, Regional Transplant Centre, L Aquila, Italy
Transplant Proc 37:2459-60. 2005..We cannot exclude the possibility that antibodies produced by some patients may not be detectable because they are attached to the graft...
- [Dynamic observation of serum cytokines in patients receiving hand transplantation]X Zheng
Department of Orthopaedics, Liuhuachiao Hospital, Guangzhou 510515, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 39:789-91. 2001..Hand transplantation does not elicit significant immune rejection. The dynamic determination of cytokines helps judge the prognosis and diagnosis of rejection in hand transplantation...
- Tolerance assays: measuring the unknownKenneth A Newell
The Emory Transplant Center and Department of Surgery, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30345, USA
Transplantation 81:1503-9. 2006..Validation of "tolerance" assays will be critical for the safe development of tolerance regimens in humans...
- Comparison of the reintroduced MEIA assay with HPLC-MS/MS for the determination of whole-blood sirolimus from transplant recipientsRaymond G Morris
Department of Cardiology and Clinical Pharmacology, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woodville, Australia
Ther Drug Monit 28:164-8. 2006..In selected patients where difficult clinical issues arise, reference to a specific chromatographic method may be required...
- Quantitative detection of changes in cytokine gene expression in peripheral blood mononuclear cells correlates with and precedes acute rejection in renal transplant recipientsPaul J Gibbs
Wessex Renal and Transplant Unit, Queen Alexandra Hospital, Cosham, Portsmouth, UK
Transpl Immunol 14:99-108. 2005..This study has identified two cytokines (IL-4 and TNF-alpha) whose gene expression patterns differentiate between rejecting and non-rejecting renal transplant recipients making immunological monitoring possible...
- T-cell responses of vaccinated cancer patientsPierre G Coulie
Cellular Genetics Unit, Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology, Universite de Louvain, Avenue Hippocrate 74, UCL 7459, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Curr Opin Immunol 15:131-7. 2003..However, a correlation between these T-cell responses and the tumor regressions has not yet been established. It appears that some patients display tumor regression with an unexpectedly low frequency of anti-vaccine T cells...
- C0 or C2 driven cyclosporine monitoring in long-term pediatric kidney transplant recipients: is there any threat for chronic rejection development?Mariano Ferraresso
Division of Vascular Surgery and Kidney Transplantation, Ospedale Maggiore, Policlinico, IRCCS, Milan, Italy
Pediatr Transplant 9:328-31. 2005..The C2 determination should be considered as the gold standard for cyclosporine monitoring in long-term pediatric recipients...
- Graft survival and immune regulation of pancreas allograft recipients induced with thymoglobulin, sirolimus, and cyclosporineR J Knight
Division of Immunology and Organ Transplantation, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Transplant Proc 37:1280-2. 2005..Our objective was to determine the impact of thymoglobulin-sirolimus-cyclosporine immunosuppression on the alloimmune response of pancreas-kidney transplant recipients...
- Cell mediated immunity (CMI) and post transplant viral infections--role of a functional immune assay to titrate immunosuppressionA Gautam
Division of Organ Transplantation, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
Int Immunopharmacol 6:2023-6. 2006..The ImmuKnow assay of CMI can be used to titrate initial immunosuppression reduction and its subsequent increase, in patients with viral infection after transplantation...
- Chronic allograft nephropathy--immunologic and nonimmunologic factorsMirosław Banasik
Department of Nephrology and Transplantation Medicine, Wroclaw Medical University, Poland
Ann Transplant 11:7-10. 2006..Additionally effective management by hypertension and hyperlipidemia is essential...
- Monitoring of anti-vaccine CD4 T cell frequencies in melanoma patients vaccinated with a MAGE-3 proteinYi Zhang
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Brussels Branch and Cellular Genetics Unit, Universite de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
J Immunol 174:2404-11. 2005..The 13 anti-MAGE-3 clones, which corresponded to five different TCR clonotypes, recognized the same peptide presented by HLA-DR1...
- Efficacy of IgM anti-blood type antibody monitoring by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay after renal transplantation across the blood barrier: high-dose immunoglobulin administration blocks IgM rather than IgG anti-blood type antibodiesH Ishida
Department of Urology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Transplant Proc 36:2178-81. 2004..Blocking of IgM seems to play an important role in improving ABO-incompatible grafts...
- [Study of the correlation between drug exposure and blood concentration during cyclosporine microemulsion absorption phase in Chinese adult liver transplant recipients]Geng Chen
Hepatobiliary Surgery Institute of Chinese P L A, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 12:328-30. 2004....
- ImmuKnow: a new parameter in immune monitoring of pediatric liver transplantation recipientsMoshe Israeli
Tissue Typing Laboratory, Rabin Medical Center, Petach Tikva, Israel
Liver Transpl 14:893-8. 2008..It serves as a reliable and unique parameter of the cellular immune function. We conclude that the ImmuKnow assay, together with existing clinical tools, may allow for the immune monitoring of pediatric liver recipients...
- Monitoring immune function during tacrolimus tapering in small bowel transplant recipientsAdriana Zeevi
Thomas E Starzl Transplant Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Division of Transplant Surgery, Biomedical Science Tower, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Transpl Immunol 15:17-24. 2005....
- Expression of HLA molecules on peripheral blood lymphocytes: a useful monitoring parameter in cardiac transplantationR M Blanco-Garcia
Immunology, University Hospital Virgen de la Arrixaca, Murcia, Spain
Transplant Proc 39:2362-4. 2007..Monitoring the expression of HLA molecules on peripheral blood lymphocytes may represent an easy, noninvasive practice to individualize immunosuppressive therapy...
- New aspect of immunosuppressive treatment in liver transplantation. How could you induce tolerance in liver transplantation?Severine Beaudreuil
Department of Nephrology, IFRNT University Hospital of Kremlin Bicetre, 78 Avenue du General LeClerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre cedex, France
Transpl Immunol 17:98-107. 2007..We describe here current experience in liver and liver-kidney transplantation, the mechanism of tolerance and the immunosuppressive strategy used in liver transplantation...
- Therapeutic monitoring of mycophenolate mofetil in organ transplant recipients: is it necessary?Michel Mourad
Department of Kidney and Pancreas Transplantation, University Hospital Saint Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Clin Pharmacokinet 41:319-27. 2002..However, further studies are mandatory to draw the best guidelines in order to achieve higher levels of evidence that MPA-TDM may improve patient outcome...
- Factors associated with early molecular remission after T cell-depleted allogeneic stem cell transplantation for chronic myelogenous leukemiaBipin N Savani
Stem Cell Allogeneic Transplantation Section, Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bldg 10, Hatfield CRC, Bethesda, MD 20892 1202, USA
Blood 107:1688-95. 2006..These results suggest that transplanted CD34 cell doses greater than 5 x 10(6)/kg may improve outcomes by increasing the early recovery of NK cells...
- [Optimization of cancer immunotherapy by controlling immune cell trafficking and biodistribution]Naoki Okada
Department of Biopharmaceutics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, Yamadaoka, Suita City, Japan
Yakugaku Zasshi 127:327-39. 2007..This review introduces our approaches that employ an Arg-Gly-Asp (RGD) fiber-mutant adenovirus vector encoding the chemokine or chemokine receptor gene in cancer immunotherapy...
- Development of tolerogenic strategies in the clinicStuart J Knechtle
Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin Medical School, H4 766 Clinical Science Center, Madison, 53792 7375, USA
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 360:1739-46. 2005..This review will summarize efforts to date, particularly focusing on kidney transplantation...
- A practical approach to immune monitoring in kidney transplantationE Rodrigo
Service of Nephrology, Hospital Marques de Valdecilla, Universidad de Cantabria, Santander, Spain
Minerva Urol Nefrol 59:337-52. 2007....
- Peripheral blood stem cell transplantation in multiple sclerosis with busulfan and cyclophosphamide conditioning: report of toxicity and immunological monitoringH Openshaw
Department of Neurology, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, California 91010, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 6:563-75. 2000..Further studies and longer follow-up would be needed to determine the significance of new lymphocyte proliferative responses after SCT and the overall effect of this treatment on the natural history of MS...
- Sensitivity and specificity of tritiated thymidine incorporation and ELISPOT assays in identifying antigen specific T cell immune responsesVivian Goodell
Center for Translational Medicine in Women s Health, 2nd Floor, 815 Mercer Street, Box 358050, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98109 USA
BMC Immunol 8:21. 2007Standardization of cell-based immunologic monitoring is becoming increasingly important as methods for measuring cellular immunity become more complex...
- A Ca(2+)-binding protein with numerous roles and uses: parvalbumin in molecular biology and physiologySyed Hasan Arif
Section of Genetics, Department of Zoology, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, UP, India
Bioessays 31:410-21. 2009..Hence, PVs appear to be amazingly useful candidate proteins regulating a variety of cellular functions through action on Ca2+ flux management...
- [Initial results of a controlled study of small cell and squamous epithelial bronchial cancer: polychemotherapy and interferons]P Zabel
Medizinische Klinik, Borstel
Pneumologie 44:586-7. 1990..In contrast, alveolar macrophages as part of local immunity show a decrease in the spontaneous and LPS-induced production of IL-1...
- Immunological and inflammatory features of Kaposi's sarcoma and other Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus/human herpesvirus 8-associated neoplasiasGiovanni Riva
Department of Oncology, Hematology and Respiratory Diseases, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
AIDS Rev 12:40-51. 2010..inflammatory profile with protective activity against Kaposi's sarcoma outbreaks, will eventually foster immunologic monitoring protocols during the follow-up of AIDS and posttransplant patients, either preventing or treating human ..
- Organ transplantation in BulgariaElissaveta Naumova
Central Laboratory of Clinical Immunology, University Hospital Alexandrovska, 1 Georgy Sofiisky Street, Sofia, 1431, Bulgaria
Cell Tissue Bank 9:337-42. 2008..84, P<0.001) and graft loss (Chi-square=20.283, P<0.001). Based on the experience in our transplant center a strategy for improvement of long-term renal graft survival was developed and implemented...
- Systemic administration of cellular interleukin-10 can exacerbate cardiac allograft rejection in miceS Qian
Thomas E Starzl Transplantation Institute and Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Transplantation 62:1709-14. 1996..b>Immunologic monitoring of transplanted mice revealed that IL-10 treatment (100 microg/d, i.p...
- Proteomic signatures in plasma during early acute renal allograft rejectionGabriela V Cohen Freue
Prevention of Organ Failure PROOF Centre of Excellence, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Mol Cell Proteomics 9:1954-67. 2010..This study provides evidence that protein concentrations in plasma may provide a relevant measure for the occurrence of BCAR and offers a potential tool for immunologic monitoring.
- Immunologic minimal residual disease detection in acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a comparative approach to molecular testingElaine Coustan-Smith
Department of Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Place, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 23:347-58. 2010..In this article, we discuss methodologic issues related to the immunologic monitoring of MRD and the evidence supporting its clinical significance, and compare the advantages and limitations ..
- Immunological monitoring in workers occupationally exposed to asbestosSilvia Ilavska
Research Base of the Slovak Medical University, Institute of Preventive and Clinical Medicine, Department of Clinical Immunology, Limbova 12, 833 01 Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Toxicology 206:299-308. 2005....
- Comparative evaluation of 'TaqMan' RT-PCR and RT-PCR ELISA for immunological monitoring of renal transplant recipientsPaul J Gibbs
Wessex and Renal Transplant Unit, St Mary s Hospital, Milton Road, Portsmouth, UK
Transpl Immunol 11:65-72. 2003..Therefore, real time quantitative RT-PCR technology may be useful in monitoring the immunological status of these patients in the early post-operative period...
- No Immune Risk Profile among individuals who reach 100 years of age: findings from the Swedish NONA immune longitudinal studyJan Strindhall
Department of Natural Science and Biomedicine, School of Health Sciences, Jonkoping University, Box 1026, 551 11 Jönköping, Sweden
Exp Gerontol 42:753-61. 2007....
- Immunological monitoring during combination of patient-oriented peptide vaccination and estramustine phosphate in patients with metastatic hormone refractory prostate cancerMasanori Noguchi
Department of Urology, Kurume University School of Medicine, Asahi machi, Kurume, Japan
Prostate 60:32-45. 2004..Additive antitumor effects could be achieved by combination of immunotherapy and cytotoxic agents with no or minimum suppression...
- Performance of immunologic responses in predicting viral load suppression: implications for monitoring patients in resource-limited settingsDavid M Moore
British Columbia Centre for Excellence in HIV AIDS, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 43:436-9. 2006..The performance of immunologic monitoring for this purpose has not been evaluated, however.
- Phase I study in advanced cancer patients of a diversified prime-and-boost vaccination protocol using recombinant vaccinia virus and recombinant nonreplicating avipox virus to elicit anti-carcinoembryonic antigen immune responsesJ L Marshall
Georgetown University Medical Center, Vincent T Lombardi Cancer Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Clin Oncol 18:3964-73. 2000..This trial sought to determine, for the first time, the validity in human vaccinations of using two different recombinant vaccines in diversified prime-and-boost regimens to enhance T-cell responses to a tumor antigen...
- Phase I study of subcutaneously administered interleukin-2 in combination with interferon alfa-2a in patients with advanced cancerB L Gause
Division of Cancer Treatment, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Clin Oncol 14:2234-41. 1996..The purpose of this study is to define the maximum-tolerated dosage (MTD) of IL-2 and interferon alfa-2a (IFN alpha-2a) that can be administered chronically on an outpatient basis...
- Post-transplant sCD30 and neopterin as predictors of chronic allograft nephropathy: impact of different immunosuppressive regimensR Weimer
Department of Internal Medicine, University Clinic of Giessen and Marburg, Germany
Am J Transplant 6:1865-74. 2006..Our data suggest that elevated sCD30 and neopterin predict graft deterioration by CAN. Tacr effectively downregulates these responses and might be of advantage in patients with elevated sCD30 or neopterin...
- The immune risk profile is associated with age and gender: findings from three Swedish population studies of individuals 20-100 years of ageAnders Wikby
Department of Natural Science and Biomedicine, School of Health Sciences, Jonkoping University, Box 1026, 551 11 Jönköping, Sweden
Biogerontology 9:299-308. 2008..These results highlight the importance of functioning of the thymus in the development of IRP and may partly account for the differences between sexes in terms of longevity...
- A phase I trial of tumor lysate-pulsed dendritic cells in the treatment of advanced cancerAlfred E Chang
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0932, USA
Clin Cancer Res 8:1021-32. 2002..The objectives of this study were to assess the toxicity and immunological response induced by the intradermal (i.d) administration of tumor lysate-pulsed dendritic cells (DCs)...
- Performance of the Panleucogating protocol for CD4+ T cell enumeration in an HIV dedicated laboratory facility in BarbadosNamrata Sippy-Chatrani
Ladymeade Reference Unit, Ministry of Health, Barbados, West Indies
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 74:S65-8. 2008..To compare the Panleucogating (PLG) protocol with the routinely used four-color protocol for CD4+ T cell count enumeration...
- Immunological monitoring of cancer vaccine therapyDirk Nagorsen
Charite, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Medizinische Klinik III, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Expert Opin Biol Ther 4:1677-84. 2004....
- [Microbiological and immunological monitoring in polyarticular rheumatoid arthritis after total joint replacement]D Kunz
Institut fur Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Universitätsklinikum der Otto von Guericke Universität Magdeburg
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 126:138-40. 2001....
- American Association for Cancer Research: Clinical trials of immunotherapeutics and immunologic monitoring. April 1-5, 2000, San Francisco, CA, USAM L Salgaller
Antigen Research and Development Division, Northwest Biotherapeutics, Inc, Seattle, WA 98134, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 9:1413-7. 2000..Others discussed ways in which those in the immunotherapy community can work towards more reliable immune monitoring and ultimately a surrogate marker for response...
- Emergence of BCR-ABL-specific cytotoxic T cells in the bone marrow of patients with Ph+ acute lymphoblastic leukemia during long-term imatinib mesylate treatmentGiovanni Riva
Section of Hematology, Department of Oncology, Hematology and Respiratory Diseases, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Via del Pozzo 71, Modena, Italy
Blood 115:1512-8. 2010..Whether these autologous (p190)BCR-ABL-specific T cells may be detectable under other tyrosine-kinase inhibitors, expanded ex vivo, and exploited for immunotherapy remains to be addressed...
- His-tag ELISA for the detection of humoral tumor-specific immunityVivian Goodell
Center for Translational Medicine in Women s Health, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98109 8050, USA
BMC Immunol 9:23. 2008..As newly identified antigens are incorporated into a variety of clinical trials, standardization of immunologic monitoring methods becomes increasingly important...
- Melanoma cancer vaccines and anti-tumor T cell responsesLazar Vujanovic
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Cell Biochem 102:301-10. 2007....
- CD8+ T-cell responses to tumor-associated antigens correlate with superior relapse-free survival after allo-SCTM Kapp
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II, Julius Maximilians Universitat, Wurzburg, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 43:399-410. 2009..new peptide epitopes from the MUC1 Ag to broaden patients' screening and to expand the repertoire of immunologic monitoring as well as for therapeutic approaches in the future...
- Adoptive T-cell therapy of a lung transplanted patient with severe CMV disease and resistance to antiviral therapyG Brestrich
Department of Nephrology and Internal Intensive Care, Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
Am J Transplant 9:1679-84. 2009..Further studies have to elucidate the most potent strategies to generate antigen-specific T cells with high functional capacity and robust long-term persistence...
- Immunological efficacy of heat shock protein 60 peptide DiaPep277 therapy in clinical type I diabetesV A L Huurman
Department of Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion, and Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Clin Exp Immunol 152:488-97. 2008..Declining or temporary proliferative responses to peptide DiaPep277 treatment may serve as an immunological biomarker for clinical efficacy...
- Intravenous immune globulin in symptomatic paediatric human immunodeficiency virus infectionU B Schaad
Department of Paediatrics, University of Berne, Inselspital, Switzerland
Eur J Pediatr 147:300-3. 1988..The immunologic monitoring revealed some discrete objective improvements...
- Functional genomic analysis of peripheral blood during early acute renal allograft rejectionOliver P Günther
PROOF Centre of Excellence, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC V5Z 1M9, Canada
Transplantation 88:942-51. 2009....
- Hematopoietic growth factors, dendritic cell biology, and vaccine therapy of cancerJoseph W Fay
Immunologic Therapy for Cancer, Baylor Institute for Immunology Research, Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75247, USA
Curr Opin Hematol 9:202-6. 2002..to immune effector cells, dendritic cell maturation, the route of dendritic cell administration to humans, and immunologic monitoring are parameters that require vigorous study in the context of dendritic cell immunotherapy of cancer.
- Bronchoscopic monitoring after lung transplantationAllan R Glanville
The Lung Transplant Unit, St Vincent s Hospital, Darlinghurst, NSW, Australia
Semin Respir Crit Care Med 31:208-21. 2010..This review examines the role of fiberoptic bronchoscopy after LT as a surveillance tool versus a clinically mandated diagnostic procedure...
- Considerations on clinical use of T cell immunotherapy for cancerGregory E Plautz
Center for Surgery Research, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz) 51:245-57. 2003..b>Immunologic monitoring of vaccinated patients has demonstrated an expansion of CD8+ T cells that react with the relevant peptide ..
- Failure of immunologic criteria to appropriately identify antiretroviral treatment failure in UgandaSteven J Reynolds
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
AIDS 23:697-700. 2009..Our objective was to evaluate immunologic failure criteria against gold standard virologic monitoring...
- IL-2-mediated augmentation of NK-cell activity and activation antigen expression on NK- and T-cell subsets in patients with metastatic melanoma treated with interferon-alpha and DTICGordana Konjevic
Department of Experimental Immunology, Institute for Oncology and Radiology of Serbia, Belgrade, Yugoslavia
Clin Exp Metastasis 20:647-55. 2003....
- Cultures of aspiration biopsy specimens in the immunological monitoring of renal transplantsG Oliveira
Renal Department, H S João, Porto, Portugal
Nephron 76:310-4. 1997..Our aim was to study GIC harvested by fine-needle aspiration biopsy (FNAB) in renal transplant recipients...
- Genotypic resistance and the treatment of HIV-1 infection in Espírito Santo, BrazilC D Pilcher
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7030, USA
J Infect Dis 179:1259-63. 1999..1997, in Espírito Santo, Brazil, combination antiretroviral therapy was used without routine virologic or immunologic monitoring. To examine consequences of therapy in this setting, clinical information, human immunodeficiency virus ..
- A phase I study of immunization using particle-mediated epidermal delivery of genes for gp100 and GM-CSF into uninvolved skin of melanoma patientsRyan D Cassaday
Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:540-9. 2007..The aims of this phase I study were to assess the safety and immunologic effects of PMED of these genes in melanoma patients...
- CTLA-4 blockade enhances polyfunctional NY-ESO-1 specific T cell responses in metastatic melanoma patients with clinical benefitJianda Yuan
Ludwig Center for Cancer Immunotherapy, Immunology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:20410-5. 2008..Fifteen patients were selected on the basis of availability of suitable specimens for immunologic monitoring, and eight of these showed evidence of clinical benefit...
- The immunological monitoring of alloreactive responses in liver transplant recipients: a reviewRaymond Reding
Pediatric Liver Transplant Program, Saint Luc University Clinics, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Liver Transpl 12:373-83. 2006..A conceptual framework for the development of tolerance assays in clinical liver transplantation is also proposed...
- Diagnosis of antiretroviral therapy failure in Malawi: poor performance of clinical and immunological WHO criteriaJoep J G van Oosterhout
Department of Medicine, University of Malawi College of Medicine, Blantyre, Malawi
Trop Med Int Health 14:856-61. 2009..We wanted to study the impact of only using clinical and immunological monitoring on the diagnosis of virological ART failure under routine circumstances...
- Metastable tolerance in nonhuman primates and humansStuart J Knechtle
Division of Transplantation, Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI 53792 7375, USA
Transplantation 77:936-9. 2004..drugs and establish a tolerant state will depend importantly on development of such diagnostic immunologic monitoring tools...
- Identification of an HLA-A24-restricted cytotoxic T lymphocyte epitope from human papillomavirus type-16 E6: the combined effects of bortezomib and interferon-gamma on the presentation of a cryptic epitopeSatoko Morishima
Division of Immunology, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Nagoya, Japan
Int J Cancer 120:594-604. 2007..Thus, these findings together indicate that E6(49-57) is a candidate epitope for immunotherapy and immunological monitoring of such patients...
- [Economic burden and clinical course of HIV infection and AIDS today: how the variation of natural history, available treatments, and strictly related costs play a role in needs of health care]R Manfredi
Sezione di Malattie Infettive, Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica Specialistica e Sperimentale, Università Alma Mater, Azienda Ospedaliera Policlinico S Orsola Malpighi, Bologna
Recenti Prog Med 92:648-54. 2001....
- Sustained immunological responses to highly active antiretroviral therapy at 36 months in a Ghanaian HIV cohortPaul Collini
School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Clin Infect Dis 48:988-91. 2009..However, two-thirds of patients who experienced immunological failure did not switch treatment, and 31% of all patients were lost to follow-up...
- Molecular tracking of antigen-specific T-cell clones during immune responsesNathalie Rufer
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research ISREC, NCCR Molecular Oncology, 155 ch des Boveresses, CH 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
Curr Opin Immunol 17:441-7. 2005..During the past few years, highly sensitive tools have been developed to enable the molecular dissection and tracking of clonal T-cell expansion in animal models as well as in humans...
- Phase I Trial with Two HER-2 B Cell Epitope Vaccine in Patients with Solid TumorsPRAVIN T P contact KAUMAYA; Fiscal Year: 2010..The advantage of active immunotherapy with safe and non toxic natural synthetic peptides over passive immunotherapy with mAbs such as trastuzumab (Herceptin) is a fundamental aspect of this work. ..
- Immunoregulation and immunotherapy of breast cancerRobert H Vonderheide; Fiscal Year: 2012..The long-term goal is to develop an immune-based therapy that offers clinical benefit to patients with hormone receptor positive breast cancer. ..
- Novel Strategies for Brain Tumor TherapyIan F Pollack; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (Main Institution)JOHN MUNN KIRKWOOD; Fiscal Year: 2013..Those that relate directly to ECOG include the Clinical Immunologic Monitoring Laboratory (IMCPL) which serves as the Core Immunological Monitoring Laboratory for ECOG, the Serum and ..
- SPORE in Skin CancerJOHN MUNN KIRKWOOD; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Biospecimen Core (B) is housed in the UPCI Immunologic Monitoring and Cellular Products Laboratory, where all tissue banking, biospecimen processing, and immune assays are ..
- CANCER CENTER SUPPORT GRANTMichelle M Le Beau; Fiscal Year: 2013..resources (Biostatistics;Cancer Clinical Trials Office;Cytometry and Antibody Technology;Genomics;Human Immunologic Monitoring and cGMP;Human Tissue Resource Center;Image Computing, Analysis, and Repository;Integrated Microscopy;..
- DISSECTING THE IMMUNE BASIS OF DISEASE AND THERAPYNitin J Karandikar; Fiscal Year: 2013..will apply current knowledge about the MS immune system to develop a diagnostic laboratory test for the immunologic monitoring of this disease...
- Host-tumor cell interaction in myeloma: therapeutic applicationsKenneth C Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Ultimately, our goal is to validate MM-host cell interactions as a target for novel therapeutics to improve patient outcome in MM. ..
- Stem Cell-Engineered Tumor Immunity in ManDavid Baltimore; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Predicting immune responses that correlate with protection against tuberculosisJENNIFER JEAN LINDERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..effective (resulting in protected and non-protected animals), and state-of- the-art live animal imaging, immunologic monitoring, and computational models, to identify and predict the immunologic mechanisms that are protective against ..
- Pilot trial of a DNA vaccine encoding PAP in patients with prostate cancerDouglas McNeel; Fiscal Year: 2009..This is consequently relevant to the development of other anti-tumor vaccines. ..
- Case AIDS Clinical Trials UnitMICHAEL MARCEL LEDERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Established scientific strengths of the unit have been in the arenas of immunologic monitoring, vaccine and other immune based therapeutic studies, studies of hepatitis C infection and of the metabolic ..
- Case AIDS Clinical Trials UnitMICHAEL MARCEL LEDERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..Established scientific strengths of the unit have been in the arenas of immunologic monitoring, vaccine and other immune based therapeutic studies, studies of hepatitis C infection and of the metabolic ..
- Peptide vaccine-based immunotherapy for children with recurrent ependymomas.Ian F Pollack; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies take advantage of unique institutional resources provided by our Immunologic Monitoring Laboratory, which are integrated into the clinical trial...
- RENAL TRANSPLANT ENHANCEMENT BY DONOR SPECIFIC BLOODCharles Anderson; Fiscal Year: 1992..Recipients will undergo immunologic monitoring by: T- and B-cell crossmatch, mixed leukocyte reaction (MLR), antiidiotypic antibody analysis, interleukin ..
- PEPTIDE-PULSED DENDRITIC CELL THERAPY FOR MELANOMAFrank Haluska; Fiscal Year: 2000..Rigorous immunologic monitoring will be carried out...
- SRC on Primary Tumors of the CNSDarell D Bigner; Fiscal Year: 2013..an IND, Regulatory, and Bioinformatics Core (Core A);a Brain Tumor Biorepository, Histopathology, and Immunologic Monitoring Core (Core B), and an Administrative Core (Core C)...
- Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplants for HPV+Cervical CancerAlexander Fefer; Fiscal Year: 2003..the safety, c) monitor hematopoietic engraftment and lymphoid chimerism, and d) determine by concurrent immunologic monitoring whether T cells from the normal ste cell donors can acquire HPVE6/E7-specific reactivity in vivo or in ..
- AFP-Based Immunotherapy for Hepatocellular CarcinomaAntoni Ribas; Fiscal Year: 2006..In summary, I propose a clinically-oriented research program that translates this original work into novel, evidence-based immnunotherapy trials for hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- MIAMI ADULT AIDS CLINICAL TRIALS GROUP, AACTGMargaret Fischl; Fiscal Year: 2006..and treatment and peripheral neuropathy pain assessment, Kaposi sarcoma (KS) pathogenesis, intensive immunologic monitoring and definition, and validation of immunologic determinants of treatment response...
- Conference Proposal: Transplantation ImmunologyAngus Thomson; Fiscal Year: 2004..of vascular and parenchymal inflammation; 7) stem cells/tissue engineering and 8) novel technologies/immunologic monitoring. An important aspect of this conference will be the interaction between scientists with expertise in basic ..
- Melanoma Vaccines with Peptides, Protein and AdjuvantHassane Zarour; Fiscal Year: 2009..expected to stimulate plasmacytoid dendritic cells (PDCs) resulting in strong Th1-type immunity;(4) modern immunologic monitoring techniques will allow us to discriminate melanoma-specific T cell responses in the blood of vaccinated ..
- MAGE-A3/HPV 16 Peptide Vaccines for Head and Neck CancerScott Strome; Fiscal Year: 2006..Additionally, a paucity of antigenic peptide epitopes are defined for SCCHN, and immunologic monitoring does not correlate well with clinical response...
- GENE THERAPY OF CANCER-IMMUNOLOGICAL APPROACHESMICHAEL LOTZE; Fiscal Year: 1993..these projects as well as three cores (Administrative core, Vector core, and Immunologic Monitoring and Cellular Therapy Core) represent a focused and integrated approach to using gene therapies to enhance ..
- Immunological Monitoring of Heart Allograft RecipientsNicole Suciu Foca; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- PROSTAGLANDINS AND RENAL ALLOGRAFT REJECTIONCharles Anderson; Fiscal Year: 1990..Concomitant immunologic monitoring of T- lymphocyte function in the renal allograft, spleen, and blood will be performed by one way mixed ..
- ANCHOR MODIFIED PEPTIDES FOR IMMUNIZATION IN MELANOMAGerald Linette; Fiscal Year: 2002..is built upon the premise that delivery of an immunogenic peptide vaccine with subsequent intensive immunologic monitoring is required to optimally elicit an effective T cell response capable of eradicating residual tumor...
- CYTOKINE GENE THERAPY OF CANCERWalter Storkus; Fiscal Year: 2001..These include: Administrative Core, (Michael T. Lotze, MD); Immunologic Monitoring and Diagnostic Laboratory Core (IMDL), (Theresa L...
- IMMUNOTHERAPY OF PROSTATE CANCER WITH TUMOR VACCINESJohannes Vieweg; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- U. of Wisconsin Transplant Research Training ProgramStuart Knechtle; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Campath-1H & Calcineurin-Inhibitors in Renal TransplantStuart Knechtle; Fiscal Year: 2007..assays would be applicable to a broad range of organ transplant recipients and would guide development of immunologic monitoring tools in the field of transplantation. The four specific aims of this application are: 1...
- TRANSPLANTATION TOLERANCE USING IMMUNOTOXINStuart Knechtle; Fiscal Year: 2001..The goal of this proposal would be to develop adequate preclinical data to permit phase I and II clinical trials in organ transplant recipients. ..
- Renal Transplantation Using Campath1H/RapamycinStuart Knechtle; Fiscal Year: 2003..This data will be correlated with histopathology of protocol biopsies. ..
- CXCR3 Chemokine Receptor in Non-Human Primate AllograftStuart Knechtle; Fiscal Year: 2006..We plan to take advantage of the combined experience of the Hancock and Knechtle labs to address the research questions posed herein. ..
- COLUMBIA-ADARC-CORNELL AIDS CLINICAL TRIALS UNITScott Hammer; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, the Columbia-ADARC ACTU will be an active participant in the Group's mission to improve the health of HIV infected individuals and set standards for treatment of HIV disease. ..
- VACCINES WITH MHC CLASS II-RESTRICTED MELANOMA PEPTIDESCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN TRANSLATIONAL TUMOR IMMUNOLOGYAlfred Chang; Fiscal Year: 2005..Predoctoral and postdoctoral trainees should leave the program well prepared for academic careers focused on translational aspects of immunologic research as it pertains to the development of new strategies for the treatment of cancer. ..
- Cellular Immunity to BK VirusSimon Lacey; Fiscal Year: 2005..Such information may be useful in guiding clinical management, and lay the foundation for possible future vaccines. ..
- MULTI-EPITOPE MELANOMA PEPTIDE VACCINATION WITH GM-CSFCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MIDCAREER INVESTIGATOR AWARD IN PATIENT ORIENTED RESEARCMARY DISIS; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Multi-Antigen Vaccines for Breast CancerMARY DISIS; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Beta-B1 Crystallin - a New Candidate Uveitis AutoantigenLynn Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- CD1D REACTIVE T CELLS IN BONE MARROW TRANSPLANTATIONMark Exley; Fiscal Year: 2002..These preclinical studies are necessary to evaluate the hypothesis that human CD1d-reactive T cells have the therapeutic potential to selectively suppress acute GvH in the context of conventional BM and PBPC transplants for cancer. ..
- RHESUS MACAQUE MODEL OF TUBERCULOSISDAVID LEWINSOHN; Fiscal Year: 2001..g., CT scans, quantitative culture of mycobacteria from BAL fluids and liver biopsies) which correlate with survival. ..
- T Cell Immunotherapy of Pediatric Brain TumorsGREGORY PLAUTZ; Fiscal Year: 2005..Alternatively if cross -reactive glioma Ags are identified it would stimulate future studies for molecular characterization of the antigens and provide the rationale for development of a uniform glioma vaccine. ..
- Multi-peptide Vaccine Administered with Cyclophosphamide for High-risk MelanomaCRAIG LEE SLINGLUFF; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Phase I Trial of a HER2 ICD Plasmid-Based DNA VaccineMARY DISIS; Fiscal Year: 2007..The long-term goal will be to use this study as a platform to develop multi-antigen plasmid based vaccines for the prevention of common solid tumors. ..
- T CELL THERAPY OF HUMAN RENAL CELL CANCERAlfred Chang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Lloyd Stoolman. Dr. Stoolman plans to examine novel methods to enrich tumor reactive lymphoid cells based upon adhesion marker expansion utilizing samples generated from this proposal. ..
- Noninvasive biomarkers of proteolytic activity in CFScott Sagel; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, he will actively participate and train in the Pediatric GCRC, and frequently interact with his sponsor, mentors, and collaborators. ..
- 2007 Antigen Cross-PresentationPramod Srivastava; Fiscal Year: 2007..In all cases, we attempt to bridge the gap between researchers addressing[unreadable] questions using reductionist model systems with clinicians working at the bedside of patients. ..
- Analysis of serum folate receptor and antibody level for ovarian cancer detectionKeith Knutson; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Criteria for Protective Immunity to BK virus in Kidney Transplant RecipientsSimon Lacey; Fiscal Year: 2007..Information from the proposed study may allow identification of patients at risk of progression from BKV reactivation to clinical BKV disease and guide therapeutic interventions. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TLR-mediated DC activation and immune reconstitutionHong Ming Hu; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- T CELL ACTIVATION FOR CANCER IMMUNOTHERAPYAlfred Chang; Fiscal Year: 2008..We have extensive experience in the conduct of adoptive immunotherapy and vaccine trials in humans that will allow translation of these findings. ..
- Targeted Molecular Therapeutics for Melanoma: CCI-779 and BevacizumabCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2008..The following proposal is a clinical trial to evaluate the effects of bevacizumab and CCI-779, which interfere with vascularization and tumor growth, for the treatment of melanoma. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Innate-like hepatic CD1d-reative NKT cells:Liver DiseaseMark Exley; Fiscal Year: 2008..I. on acute HCV infection in chimpanzees, as well as on liver immunology and on 'NKT' cells in general. ..
- Ex vivo expansion of HER-2/neu specific T helper cellsKeith Knutson; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Immunologic Correlates of Immunization for CancerMARY DISIS; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Immune Response to Polyomavirus InfectionParmjeet S Randhawa; Fiscal Year: 2010..This, in turn, will help us to better predict the clinical course of the disease in individual patients, and help devise more effective forms of anti-viral therapy. ..
- Mechanisms of immunomodulatory and anti-tumor actions of Polysaccharide KrestinMary L Disis; Fiscal Year: 2010..Results from these studies will help us understand the immune modulating effect of PSK and contribute to the clinical translation of this CAM molecule as an anti-cancer agent and/or a vaccine adjuvant. ..