therapeutic human experimentation
Summary: Human experimentation that is intended to benefit the subjects on whom it is performed.
Publications210 found, 100 shown here
- The human subjects trade: ethical and legal issues surrounding recruitment incentivesTrudo Lemmens
Faculties of Law and Medicine, University of Toronto, USA
J Law Med Ethics 31:398-418. 2003
- Performing research with people who are not capable of giving their informed consent to research is sometimes justifiedAstrid Norberg
Nurs Ethics 11:225-6. 2004
- Ireland and medical research with minors: some medico-legal aspectsAsim A Sheikh
School of Medicine and Medical Sciences, University College Dublin, Ireland
Eur J Health Law 15:169-81. 2008....
- Bench to bedside: mapping the moral terrain of clinical researchSteven Joffe
Hastings Cent Rep 38:30-42. 2008..We need an entirely new conception of clinical research ethics - one that looks to science instead of the doctor-patient relationship...
- Consent: a Cartesian ideal? Human neural transplantation in Parkinson's diseaseManuel Lopes
Laboratoire d éthique médicale et de santé publique, Faculté de médecine Necker Université Paris René Descartes, Paris, France
Med Law 22:63-71. 2003..It is in that same spirit that, from the outset, we propose to define t he practical ways of answering the patients' request for information, even sometimes after consent has been given...
- Beyond informed consent: the therapeutic misconception and trustI de Melo-Martin
Division of Medical Ethics, Department of Public Health, Weill Cornell Medical College, 411 E 69th Street, New York, NY, USA
J Med Ethics 34:202-5. 2008..We show that concerns about misplaced trust and exploitation of such trust are also relevant, and ought to be taken into account, when considering why the therapeutic misconception matters ethically...
- [A welcome guide for evaluating medical research involving human subjects]E Borst-Eilers
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 147:898-900. 2003..The CCMO has recently published a guide for the local medical ethics committees. It presents an excellent overview of all the legal and practical aspects of the work of medical ethics committees. The guide is highly recommended...
- The ubiquity and utility of the therapeutic misconceptionRebecca Dresser
Law and Ethics in Medicine, Washington University, St Louis, USA
Soc Philos Policy 19:271-94. 2002
- Therapeutic optimism in the consent forms of phase 1 gene transfer trials: an empirical analysisJ Kimmelman
Clinical Trials Research Group, Biomedical Ethics Unit, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, 3647 Peel Street, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1X1, Canada
J Med Ethics 31:209-14. 2005..Therapeutic misconceptions may be more prevalent in trials enrolling gravely ill subjects or involving novel and well publicized investigational agents...
- Data and safety monitoring board issues raised in the VA Status Epilepticus StudyJoseph F Collins
Cooperative Studies Program Coordinating Center, VA Medical Center, Perry Point, MD 21902, USA
Control Clin Trials 24:71-7. 2003..The DSMB's thoughtful recommendations, support and monitoring ensured that the study was successfully completed without endangering the study patients...
- Research with newborn participants: doing the right research and doing it rightLinda S Franck
Institute of Child Health and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, London
J Perinat Neonatal Nurs 19:177-86. 2005..A greater level of involvement is now needed, particularly at the policy level where funding and procedural issues are decided. New approaches are also needed and could involve more direct collaboration between nurses and parents...
- The therapeutic misconception, beneficence, and respectE Fried
Rice University, Department of Philosophy, MS-14, 6100 Main St, Houston, TX 77005, USA
Account Res 8:331-48. 2001..However, the result of conscientious implementation of such policies would likely be that human medical research could no longer be conducted on more than a minimal level...
- Physician duties in the conduct of human subject researchE Fried
Rice University, Department of Philosophy, MS-14, 6100 Main St, Houston, TX 77005, USA
Account Res 8:349-75. 2001..However, the article concludes with a consideration of the likely benefits to researchers and society of a more cautious ethical regime...
- Protection of research subjectsJeffrey L Kaufman
N Engl J Med 349:188-92. 2003
- A critique of clinical equipoise. Therapeutic misconception in the ethics of clinical trialsFranklin G Miller
Hastings Cent Rep 33:19-28. 2003..quot;Clinical equipoise" is necessary. But this perspective is flawed. The ethics of research and of therapy are fundamentally different, and clinical equipoise should be abandoned...
- Exception from informed consent for pediatric resuscitation research: community consultation for a trial of brain cooling after in-hospital cardiac arrestMarilyn C Morris
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care Medicine, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Pediatrics 114:776-81. 2004....
- The participation of minors in preventive HIV research trials in South Africa: legal and human rights considerationsChrista van Wyk
Department of Jurisprudence, University of South Africa, Pretoria, South Africa
Med Law 22:589-98. 2003..The limitation of rights and the consideration of foreign and international law in the interpretation of the South African Bill of Rights are investigated...
- Will the real Charles Fried please stand up?Paul B Miller
University of Toronto, Canada
Kennedy Inst Ethics J 13:353-7. 2003....
- Clinical placebo interventions are unethical, unnecessary, and unprofessionalAsbjørn Hróbjartsson
Nordic Cochrane Centre, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen
J Clin Ethics 19:66-9. 2008
- Toward critical research ethics: transforming ethical conduct in qualitative health care researchNila Ginger Hofman
Department of Anthropology, DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois 60614 2458, USA
Health Care Women Int 25:647-62. 2004....
- Responsible research involving childrenMarilyn J Field
Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences, 500 Fifth Street NW, Washington, DC, USA
Ambul Pediatr 5:47-9. 2005
- Putting the 'informed' into 'consent': a matter of plain languageJ B Green
Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 39:700-3. 2003....
- Dilemmas in military medical ethics since 9/11Edmund G Howe
Programs in Ethics, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD, USA
Kennedy Inst Ethics J 13:175-88. 2003..The following discussion presents the major concerns regarding this and other issues...
- Placebo use in clinical practice: report of the American Medical Association Council on Ethical and Judicial AffairsNathan A Bostick
American Medical Association, Chicago, USA
J Clin Ethics 19:58-61. 2008
- Issues surrounding the participation of adolescents with cancer in clinical trials in the UKA McTiernan
The Meyerstein Institute of Oncology, Oncology Research Office, 3rd Floor Jules Thorn, The Middlesex Hospital, Mortimer Street, London W1T 3AA, UK
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 12:233-9. 2003..The availability of clinical trials, along with the issues surrounding clinical trials in adolescents, need to be addressed if continued improvements in the outcome of this group of patients are to be seen...
- Exponential growth in the number of clinical trials and research in general involving humansShake Ketefian
Res Theory Nurs Pract 16:143-5. 2002
- What do people at risk for Alzheimer disease think about surrogate consent for research?Scott Y H Kim
Department of Psychiatry, Center for Behavioral and Decision Sciences in Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Neurology 65:1395-401. 2005..Research involving decisionally incapable adults remains an unsettled and controversial policy issue, especially for protocols that involve significant risk to participants. Few data exist to guide policymakers and IRBs..
- The spectrum of informed consent in emergency psychiatric researchJeremy Brown
Department of Emergency Medicine, The George Washington University, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Ann Emerg Med 47:68-74. 2006..I evaluate the variation in requirements for informed consent in studies evaluating chemical tranquilization of agitated patients...
- Innovative care, medical research, and the ethics of informed consentJoanna Mimi Choi
Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 56:330-2. 2007
- The limits of disclosure: what research subjects want to know about investigator financial interestsChristine Grady
Section on Human Subjects Research, Department ofClinical Bioethics, Clinical Center, NIH, USA
J Law Med Ethics 34:592-9, 481. 2006..Although disclosure of investigator financial interest information to research participants is often recommended, its usefulness is limited, especially when participation is desired because of illness...
- On the ethics of facial transplantation researchOsborne P Wiggins
University of Louisville, USA
Am J Bioeth 4:1-12. 2004..Finally, we maintain that the time has come to move facial transplantation research into the clinical phase...
- Control groups in psychosocial intervention research: ethical and methodological issuesL L Street
National Institute of Mental Health, 6001 Executive Blvd, Room 7160, MSC 9635, Bethesda, MD 20892 9635, USA
Ethics Behav 12:1-30. 2002....
- Medical research involving incapacitated adults: implications of the EU Clinical Trials Directive 2001/20/ECKathleen Liddell
Faculty of Law, University of Cambridge
Med Law Rev 14:367-417. 2006
- Discussion of patient recruitment and the informed consent process in clinical drug trialsJerolee White
Nephrol Nurs J 32:354. 2005
- Clinical trials litigation: practical realities as seen from the trenchesE Haavi Morreim
College of Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 956 Court, Suite B328, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Account Res 12:47-67. 2005....
- Articulating and responding to uncertainties in clinical researchBenjamin Djulbegovic
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Med Philos 32:79-98. 2007..That is, [acknowledgement of] uncertainty determines a pattern of success in medicine and drives clinical discoveries...
- Therapeutic misconception and the appreciation of risks in clinical trialsCharles W Lidz
Department of Psychiatry, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Ave North, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Soc Sci Med 58:1689-97. 2004..The results of this research suggest that subjects often sign consents to participate in clinical trials with only the most modest appreciation of the risks and disadvantages of participation...
- Phase I research and the meaning of direct benefitLainie Ross
Department of Pediatrics and the MacLean Center for Clinical Medical Ethics, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Pediatr 149:S20-4. 2006..This new category would improve the protections provided to children by incorporating intentions into Subpart D, the absence of which is a serious flaw in our current regulatory schema...
- Age disparity between a cancer population and participants in clinical trials submitted as a new drug application of anticancer drugs in JapanAkiko Hori
Office of New Drug I, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Agency, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer 109:2541-6. 2007..Underrepresentation of older patients in cancer clinical trials has been reported previously...
- Trials and errors: barriers to oversight of research conducted under the emergency research consent waiverKen Kipnis
Department of Philosophy, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Hawaii, USA
IRB 28:16-9. 2006
- Participation in research and access to experimental treatments by HIV-infected patientsAllen L Gifford
Center for Research in Patient Oriented Care and the Quality Enhancement Research Initiative in HIV, Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, and the University of California, San Diego, California 92161, USA
N Engl J Med 346:1373-82. 2002..Although there is concern that minority groups and women are underrepresented in research involving patients with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection, the available data are inconclusive...
- Therapeutic misconception in early phase gene transfer trialsGail E Henderson
School of Medicine, University of NC at Chapel Hill, CB 7240, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7240, USA
Soc Sci Med 62:239-53. 2006..We hope that this work will deepen the discussion of how to define and measure TM, and refine the specification of factors that are related to subjects' TM...
- Artificial-blood study has critics seeing redLila Guterman
Chron High Educ 52:A17. 2006
- Rethinking the ethics of researchGregory E Kaebnick
Hastings Cent Rep 35:2. 2005
- Non-therapeutic research with minors: how do chairpersons of German research ethics committees decide?C Lenk
Department for Medical Ethics and History of Medicine, University of Goettingen, Germany
J Med Ethics 30:85-7. 2004..The authors' purpose was to examine whether non-therapeutic research was acceptable for chairpersons at all, and whether there was certainty on how to decide in research trials involving more than minimal risk...
- Do antidepressants selectively suppress spontaneous (unexpected) panic attacks? A replicationE H Uhlenhuth
Department of Psychiatry, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque 87131, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 20:622-7. 2000..Implications of these results for concepts of pathogenesis, clinical practice, and therapeutic research regarding panic disorder are discussed...
- The legal ethics of pediatric researchDoriane Lambelet Coleman
Duke University School of Law, USA
Duke Law J 57:517-624. 2007....
- Delivery of recombinant follistatin lessens disease severity in a mouse model of spinal muscular atrophyFerrill F Rose
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Hum Mol Genet 18:997-1005. 2009..Reversing muscle atrophy associated with SMA may represent an unexploited therapeutic target for the treatment of SMA...
- Aurora kinase inhibitors: a new class of drugs targeting the regulatory mitotic systemJosé Alejandro Pérez Fidalgo
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, INCLIVA, Hospital Clinico Universitario, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 11:787-98. 2009..Future strategies and challenges for trials with Aurora kinase inhibitors are also discussed...
- [HIV infection in Africa. Clinical and therapeutical research]R Salamon
Unité INSERM 330, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2
Presse Med 29:146-52. 2000..To illustrate advances and gaps in HIV/AIDS clinical research in Africa, we explored three issues relevant to this research: opportunistic infections in adults, mother-to-child transmission of HIV and the ethical questions...
- [What is dementia? 2. A fuzzy construct]Christian Derouesné
Universite Paris VI, Faculte de Medecine, Pitie Salpetriere, Paris
Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil 1:15-24. 2003..It is proposed that the term dementia should only be used to specify a degree of severity of the disease, corresponding to the restriction of the patient's autonomy...
- Protective effects of melatonin against oxidative stress in Fmr1 knockout mice: a therapeutic research model for the fragile X syndromeYanina Romero-Zerbo
Research Laboratory, Fundacion IMABIS, Hospital Carlos Haya, Malaga, Spain
J Pineal Res 46:224-34. 2009..The prevention of oxidative stress in the fragile X mouse model, by an antioxidant compound such as melatonin, emerges as a new and promising approach for further investigation on treatment trials for the disease...
- Cytoprotection against Cr(6+)-induced DNA damage by alpha-lipoic acid: implications in reducing occupational cancer riskSushil Kumar
Environmental Carcinogenesis Laboratory, Indian Institute of Toxicology Research CSIR, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, PO Box 80, Lucknow 226001, India
Mutagenesis 24:495-500. 2009..In conclusion, our study advocated an experimental therapeutic research potential in LA against Cr(6+)-induced DNA damage for reduction of occupational cancer risk in humans...
- The improper use of research placebosMiguel Kottow
Universidad de Chile, Universidad Diego Portales, Santiago, Chile
J Eval Clin Pract 16:1041-4. 2010..Ethically inadequate strategies such as using placebos and recruiting the mentally incompetent for non-therapeutic research are allegedly permissible because research is purportedly aimed at benefiting the common weal...
- Medical ethics in the 21st centuryM Parker
Ethox, Institute of Health Sciences, Headington, Oxford, UK
J Intern Med 248:1-6. 2000..To foresee how medical ethics may develop in the 21st century...
- Alzheimer's disease in late-life dementia: a minor toxic consequence of devastating cerebrovascular dysfunctionM C Henry-Feugeas
Department of Radiology, Bichat Claude Bernard University Hospital, AP HP, Paris Cedex 18, France
Med Hypotheses 70:866-75. 2008..Routine MRI including direct assessment of intracranial dynamics should be increasingly used to define etiological subtypes of the "Alzheimer syndrome" and develop a well-targeted therapeutic strategy...
- [The genetics of movement disorders--spinocerebellar degenerations]Chantal M E Tallaksen
Nevrologisk avdeling, Ulleval universitetssykehus, 0407 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 124:2233-5. 2004..In spite of the vast clinical and genetic heterogeneity, patterns of pathogenesis slowly emerge and help us understand these disorders...
- A report from the 69th annual meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology (February 4-8, 2011 - New Orleans, Louisiana, USA)X Rabasseda
Thomson Reuters, Barcelona, Spain
Drugs Today (Barc) 47:233-47. 2011..et al., Abst P102)...
- A questionnaire on factors influencing children's assent and dissent to non-therapeutic researchO D Wolthers
Children s Clinic Randers, Dytmaersken 9, DK 8900 Randers, Denmark
J Med Ethics 32:292-7. 2006..Knowledge about assent or dissent of children to non-therapeutic research is poor...
- Children as research subjects: a dilemmaL M Kopelman
Department of Medical Humanities, Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina 27834 4354, USA
J Med Philos 25:745-64. 2000....
- In vitro reproduction of clinical hallmarks of eczematous dermatitis in organotypic skin modelsKarin Engelhart
BioTeSys GmbH, Schelztorstrasse 54 56, 73728 Esslingen, Germany
Arch Dermatol Res 297:1-9. 2005..Furthermore it can be concluded that these models make it possible to investigate targets of therapeutics in skin...
- The effects of presence and influence in nature images in a simulated hospital patient roomEllen Vincent
Department of Environmental Horticulture, Clemson University, Clemson, SC 29634 0319, USA
HERD 3:56-69. 2010..Nature images may distract people from pain and promote psychological and physiological well-being, yet limited research is available to guide the selection process of nature images...
- The primary care physician and Alzheimer's disease: an international position paperH Villars
Gerontopole, Alzheimer s Disease Research and Clinical Center, Toulouse University Hospital, Toulouse, France
J Nutr Health Aging 14:110-20. 2010..It is a matter of patients' right to benefit from access to innovation and clinical research whatever his age or diseases, while of course fully respecting the rules and protective measures that are in force...
- [Mouth diseases and the position of oral medicine]A Vissink
Afdeling Kaakchirurgie van het Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen
Ned Tijdschr Tandheelkd 114:10-6. 2007..Therapeutic research is mainly aimed at treating symptoms, whereas innovative research tries to increase insight in development of a disorder or to prevent the development of that disorder or to reduce its progression...
- New perspectives in human stem cell therapeutic researchAlan Trounson
California Institute for Regenerative Medicine, 210 King Street, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
BMC Med 7:29. 2009..The active participation of governments, academia, biotechnology, pharmaceutical companies, and private investment is a powerful consortium for advances in health...
- [Clinical trial of inactivated hepatitis A vaccine]S Iino
First Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Tokyo University, Japan
Nihon Shokakibyo Gakkai Zasshi 87:1532-6. 1990..Namely, the high immunogenicity and safety of the vaccine were confirmed in this trail...
- [Analysis of the quality of clinical trials about therapeutic research using the standard of evidence-based medicine]Fei Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi 40:609-13. 2004..To investigate the quality of clinical trials of ocular therapeutic efficacy in China in order to provide the facts to support the Evidence-Based Medicine (EBM) and improve the clinical research trials...
- Structural features of glutamate-based lipidic materials for small interfering RNA delivery systemKen Ichi Kusumoto
Department of Biological Chemistry, Biotechnology and Food Research Institute, Fukuoka Industrial Technology Center, Kurume, Japan
J Biomed Mater Res A 89:739-50. 2009..Moreover, compared with commercial reagents, TMA-C2-Glu-C12 was found to have an effective activity for siRNA delivery. These results may improve the novel design and development of lipidic materials on siRNA delivery system...
- Tattoos: dermatological complicationsJana Kazandjieva
Department of Dermatology, Medical University Sofia, 1431 Sofia, Bulgaria
Clin Dermatol 25:375-82. 2007..e. clinical complications. The summarized data showed infectious diseases transmitted through the process of tattooing and many allergic reactions, granulomas and tumors as complications of a tattoo...
- Baseline level and early suppression of serum HCV RNA for predicting sustained complete response to alpha-interferon therapyJ Izopet
Laboratoire de Virologie, CHU Purpan, Toulouse, France
J Med Virol 54:86-91. 1998....
- Gap analysis of role definition and training needs for therapeutic research radiographers in the UKWendy Russell
Academic Clinical Oncology and Radiobiology Research Network ACORRN, Christie Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Br J Radiol 80:693-701. 2007....
- Ethical and practical issues involved in behavioral pharmacology research that administers drugs of abuse to human volunteersM W Fischman
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, USA
Behav Pharmacol 9:479-98. 1998..The topics discussed range from the nuts and bolts of acquiring and keeping track of drugs, to selecting research participants and designing ethical studies that protect our volunteers while still collecting scientifically useful data...
- A severe combined immunodeficient-hu in vivo mouse model of human primary mantle cell lymphomaMichael Wang
Department of Lymphoma and Myeloma, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:2154-60. 2008..To establish a severe combined immunodeficient (SCID)-hu in vivo mouse model of human primary mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) for the study of the biology and novel therapy of human MCL...
- Improving red blood cell K-uptake and its impact on O(2)/CO(2) exchange, and NO-generation in microvascular CHD: a novel therapeutic approachAntonio Delgado-Almeida
The Clinical Research Unit, Ion Transport Laboratory, University of Carabobo Medical School, Docent Institute of Urology and Nephrology, La Viña Valencia, Venezuela
Recent Pat Cardiovasc Drug Discov 5:227-38. 2010....
- Canaries in the mines: children, risk, non-therapeutic research, and justiceM Spriggs
Ethics Unit, Murdoch Children s Research Institute, Parkville, Australia
J Med Ethics 30:176-81. 2004..The author concludes by offering a strategy for researchers and reviewers of research to appreciate, in a vivid way, the implications of research participation...
- Respective prevalence of the different carpentier classes of mitral regurgitation: a stepping stone for future therapeutic research and developmentEduardo de Marchena
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine and Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Card Surg 26:385-92. 2011..To determine the prevalence of mitral regurgitation (MR) in the U.S. adult population by classifying its mechanisms according to Carpentier's functional class...
- Biochemical response to ursodeoxycholic acid and long-term prognosis in primary biliary cirrhosisChristophe Corpechot
Hepatology Department, Reference Center for Inflammatory Biliary Diseases, Saint Antoine Hospital, National Institute of Health and Medical Research INSERM, Pierre et Marie Curie University Paris 6, France
Hepatology 48:871-7. 2008..3). Antinuclear antibodies against gp210 or Sp100 proteins were associated with death or LT in univariate but not in multivariate analysis...
- Chromatographic resolution, characterisation and quantification of VX enantiomers in hemolysed swine blood samplesGeorg Reiter
Bundeswehr Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Munich, Germany
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 873:86-94. 2008..The absolute recovery of the overall sample preparation procedure was 75%. After an intravenous and percutaneous administration of a supralethal dose of VX in anesthetised swine (+)-VX and (-)-VX could be quantified up to 720 min...
- Disparities in the classification of esophageal and cardia adenocarcinomas and their influence on reported incidence ratesMats Lindblad
Department of Surgical Sciences, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Ann Surg 243:479-85. 2006..To evaluate the diagnostic accuracy of esophageal and cardia adenocarcinoma in the Swedish Cancer Register...
- Some causal limitations of pharmacogenetic conceptsDavid Badcott
Centre for Applied Ethics, Cardiff University, PO Box 94, Cardiff, CF10 3XB, UK
Med Health Care Philos 9:307-16. 2006..Thus predictive power may be enhanced but is ultimately constrained by insuperable probabilistic considerations...
- Patents on SELEX and therapeutic aptamersPooja Dua
Department of Chemistry, School of Chemical Materials Science, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, Korea
Recent Pat DNA Gene Seq 2:172-86. 2008..These patents provide insight into the development that occurred in transformation of aptamers as therapeutic entities and reinforces the potential they have...
- The rat in basic therapeutic research in homeopathyR van Wijk
Faculty of Biology, Utrecht University, Padualaan 8, 3584CH Utrecht, The Netherlands
Homeopathy 98:280-6. 2009..The relationship between the Similia Principle and hormesis is discussed...
- Competent children? Minors' consent to health care treatment and researchPriscilla Alderson
Institute of Education, London, UK
Soc Sci Med 65:2272-83. 2007..Examples are drawn from empirical research studies about decision-making in healthcare and research involving children in the UK...
- Potential inhibition of the neuro-neoplastic interactions: the clue of a GPCR-targeted therapyJean Marc Muller
Institut de Physiologie et de Biologie Cellulaires, CNRS UMR6187, Pole Biologie Sante, Universite de Poitiers, FR 86022 Poitiers Cedex, France
Prog Exp Tumor Res 39:130-53. 2007..Some molecular mechanisms linked to these GPCR (or linking GPCR to other types of membrane receptors or co-receptors), involved in these processes, will also be considered...
- Yeast system as a screening tool for pharmacological assessment of g protein coupled receptorsJ Minic
INRA, Neurobiologie de l Olfaction et de la Prise Alimentaire, Equipe Récepteurs et Communication Chimique, 78350 Jouy en Josas, France
Curr Med Chem 12:961-9. 2005..This review will focus on the latest developments of yeast-based technology to screen for potential GPCR agonists/antagonists...
- Biomedical research and human research subject protection: is there need for action in Germany and Austria?Verena Stühlinger
Department of Human and Economic Sciences, UMIT, Hall in Tyrol, Austria
Eur J Health Law 16:45-68. 2009..It shows that a ban of "non-therapeutic" research involving incapacitated adults leads to an unjust exclusion of this patient group, leading to uncertainty and disadvantages in medical treatment...
- Medical research ethics in Thailand: what should be the most appropriate approach? An analysis based on Western ethical principlesPanuwat Lertsithichai
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 87:1253-61. 2004..The discussion is presented within the context of recent developments in the field of bioethics and in light of some recent findings in informed consent research both in and outside of Thailand...
- American Chemical Society - 240th national meeting - chemistry for preventing and combating disease: part 1Jessica Burt
Thomson Reuters, 77 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8JS, UK
IDrugs 13:669-72. 2010..Investigational drugs discussed include SCH-1359113 and SCH-1682496 (both Merck & Co), NGP-555 (NeuroGenetic Pharmaceuticals), ALKS-33 (Alkermes), dapagliflozin (Bristol-Myers Squibb/AstraZeneca) and GSK-882380 (GlaxoSmithKline)...
- Prediction of the clinical course of low-back trouble using multivariable modelsA K Burton
School of Human and Health Sciences, Huddersfield Polytechnic, United Kingdom
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 16:7-14. 1991....
- Myocardial remodelling: pharmacological targetsBernard Swynghedauw
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, INSERMU127 INSERM and IFR Circulation, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 11:661-74. 2002....
- Profane research versus researching the profane: commentary on Başoğlu (2009)Steven H Miles
Center for Bioethics and Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School, MN, USA
Am J Orthopsychiatry 79:146-7. 2009..M. Başoğlu's (2009) study of the traumatization of torture survivors is enormously helpful to clinicians who must heal and to policymakers who must understand the psychological toll of torture...
- Deep brain stimulation as a new therapeutic approach in therapy-resistant mental disorders: ethical aspects of investigational treatmentJens Kuhn
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Cologne, Kerpener Strasse 62, 50924 Cologne, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 259:S135-41. 2009..It suggests some additional requirements for ethically justifiable therapeutic research employing DBS in psychiatric patients...
- Parental perception of the effect of venepuncture in preschool children in non-therapeutic researchY L Lau
Department of Paediatrics, Queen Mary Hospital, University of Hong Kong
J Paediatr Child Health 28:294-6. 1992..Venepuncture in preschool children causes minimal harm and might even have some positive effects...
- [Genetic mutation databases: stakes and perspectives for orphan genetic diseases]V Humbertclaude
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire, CHU de Montpellier, 34000 Montpellier, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 58:387-95. 2010..Accurate and exhaustive collection of variations in human genomes will be crucial for research and personalized delivery of healthcare...
- American Chemical Society - 240th national meeting - chemistry for preventing and combating disease: part 2Alexandra Kibble
Thomson Reuters, 77 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8JS, UK
IDrugs 13:673-6. 2010..Investigational drugs discussed include L-002259713 (Merck & Co), AZD-1480 (AstraZeneca), CYT-387 (YM Biosciences) and ruxolitinib (Incyte)...
- Is there a role for treatment of asthma with omalizumab?H Milgrom
National Jewish Medical and Research Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 1400 Jackson Street, Denver, Colorado 80206, USA
Arch Dis Child 88:71-4. 2003..Considerable effort in therapeutic research has focused on interference with IgE function because of its position high in the allergic cascade. Therapy with anti-IgE is one such approach that shows much promise...
- The effect of protein kinase C-delta knockdown on anti-free radical enzyme and neuropeptide Y gene expression in phenylpropanolamine-treated ratsDong Yih Kuo
Department of Physiology, Chung Shan Medical University and Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, Taichung City, Taiwan, China
J Neurochem 114:1217-30. 2010..Results provide molecular mechanism of NPY-mediated PPA anorexia and may aid the therapeutic research of PPA and other anti-obesity drugs...
- [Novel controllers of airway obstruction in COPD patients]Tadeusz Płusa
Wojskowy Instytut Medyczny w Warszawie, Klinika Chorób Wewnetrznych, Pneumonologii i Alergologii CSK MON
Pol Merkur Lekarski 30:5-9. 2011..The main target of therapeutic research is to produce a dimmer molecule known as M3 antagonist-beta2 agonist (MABA) bronchodilators which will open the door for a new range of combination products...
- Transfection of siRNAs in multiple myeloma cell linesJose L R Brito
Section of Haemato oncology, Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
Methods Mol Biol 623:299-309. 2010..In addition, we have shown that transfection of siRNAs, using the SLO reversible permeabilization, specifically and efficiently induces gene silencing in myeloma cell lines...
- Brain derived neurotropic factor in first-episode psychosisPeter F Buckley
Department of Psychiatry and Health Behavior, School of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Schizophr Res 91:1-5. 2007..Low BDNF levels at the onset of psychosis suggest that it may contribute to the pathogenesis of schizophrenia and/or perhaps could be a helpful neurobiological marker for possible early treatment intervention...
- [Key points of protocol design on clinical therapeutic research of traditional Chinese medicine]Jun hua Zhang
Research Center of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Tianjin
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 27:171-3. 2007..The article puts stress on how to design the clinical therapeutic program of research on TCM in combining with characteristics of TCM...
- Novel SCID rat models for human cell transplantation studiesJoseph C Ruiz; Fiscal Year: 2010..There is a compelling need for an abundant and accessible supply of animals to screen for new therapeutic agents. Thus, if successful, this project would benefit many goals of public health. ..
- Translational Training Grant in Experimental TherapeuticsJohn C Byrd; Fiscal Year: 2012..Ultimately, this support will lead to the success of this K12 grant as measured by its ability to train the next generation of MD and PhD scientists in the focused area of cancer experimental therapeutics. ..
- PAR04-122, Extramural Research Facilities Improvement P*Michael R Grever; Fiscal Year: 2010..With a significant academic list of accomplishments in a focused specialty, our cancer program will be recognized as one of the ten best in the United States. ..
- TRANSGENIC IN HYPERTENSION--RAS RIBOZYNE INHIBITIONJohn Mullins; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- Symptoms, Serotonin and Amino Acids in Anorexia NervosaDavid Jimerson; Fiscal Year: 2007..This exploratory study will assess whether abnormal regulation of the naturally occurring neurochemical serotonin may contribute to this important public health problem. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PancreasFest 2010: Defining & Classifying Disease to Enhance Research & CareDavid C Whitcomb; Fiscal Year: 2010..No other conference focuses on these disorders, and the meeting format encourages all attendees to participate in the discussion of how to provide the best possible clinical care. ..
- Partners Healthcare Systems/Harvard Medical School/Boston Medical Center AIDS CTUDaniel R Kuritzkes; Fiscal Year: 2011..administrative component ..
- THERAPEUTIC RESEARCH CONSENT--EMPIRICAL/ETHICAL ANALYSISLaura Siminoff; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- An Image Guided Small Animal Radiation Research PlatformJohn Wong; Fiscal Year: 2007..The collaborative efforts are best coordinated in a Bioengineering Research Partnership (BRP). An Oversight Group is formed to evaluate the progress of the BRP, and to help identify opportunities and hypotheses for future research. ..
- The Developmental Genetics of Tetrahymena thermophila.Eric S Cole; Fiscal Year: 2010..The use of small RNA molecules (the RNAi phenomenon) has become a leading area for therapeutic research. ..
- PEDIATRIC ONCOLOGY GROUPPHILIP BREITFELD; Fiscal Year: 2002....