Genomes and Genes
Summary: Tests of chemical substances and physical agents for mutagenic potential. They include microbial, insect, mammalian cell, and whole animal tests.
Publications267 found, 100 shown here
- The Ames Salmonella/microsome mutagenicity assayK Mortelmans
Molecular and Genetic Toxicology Program, SRI International, Menlo Park, CA 94025 3493, USA
Mutat Res 455:29-60. 2000..This review provides historical aspects of how the Ames was developed and detailed procedures for performing the test, including the design and interpretation of results...
- A comparative study of the mutagenicity of various types of tobacco productsW S Rickert
Labstat International ULC, 262 Manitou Drive, Kitchener, Ont, Canada N2C 1L3
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 48:320-30. 2007..Corresponding values for TA100+S9 were cigars, 189%; cigarillos, 155%; pipe tobacco, 130%; bidis, 114% and ST, 34%. ST TA100+S9 response ranged from a low of 501 to a high of 8547 revertants/mg nicotine, depending on ST composition...
- Genotoxicity of 10 cigarette smoke condensates in four test systems: comparisons between assays and condensatesDavid M DeMarini
Environmental Carcinogenesis Division, US Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, NC 27711, USA
Mutat Res 650:15-29. 2008....
- Genotoxicity screening via the γH2AX by flow assayD J Smart
Safety Assessment, GlaxoSmithKline R and D, Park Road, Ware, Hertfordshire SG12 0DP, UK
Mutat Res 715:25-31. 2011..Nevertheless, the γH2AX by flow assay represents a novel genotoxicity assay with the potential to flag both pro- and proximate genotoxins...
- An investigation on the antimutagenic properties of South African herbal teasJ L Marnewick
Programme on Mycotoxins and Experimental Carcinogenesis, Medical Research Council, P O Box 19070, Tygerberg 7505, South Africa
Mutat Res 471:157-66. 2000..The present study provides the first evidence on the antimutagenic activity of honeybush tea and further evidence on the antimutagenicity of rooibos tea...
- The anti-mutagenic and antioxidant effects of bile pigments in the Ames Salmonella testA C Bulmer
School of Human Movement Studies, University of Queensland, Brisbane 4072, Australia
Mutat Res 629:122-32. 2007..The apparent antioxidant and anti-mutagenic behaviour of bile pigments further suggests their presence in biological systems is of possible physiological importance...
- Standardization and validation of DNA adduct postlabelling methods: report of interlaboratory trials and production of recommended protocolsD H Phillips
Institute of Cancer Research, Haddow Laboratories, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Mutagenesis 14:301-15. 1999..Use of these standards and procedures has reduced interlaboratory variability in quantitation of DNA adducts...
- Free radical scavenging abilities of flavonoids as mechanism of protection against mutagenicity induced by tert-butyl hydroperoxide or cumene hydroperoxide in Salmonella typhimurium TA102R Edenharder
Department of Hygiene and Environmental Medicine, University of Mainz, Obere Zahlbacher Strasse 67, D 55131 Mainz, Germany
Mutat Res 540:1-18. 2003..From these results we conclude that in the Salmonella/reversion assay with strain TA102 antimutagenic activities of flavonoids against the peroxide mutagens CHP and BHP are mainly caused by radical scavenging effects...
- Mutagenicity testing for chemical risk assessment: update of the WHO/IPCS Harmonized SchemeDavid A Eastmond
University of California, Riverside, USA
Mutagenesis 24:341-9. 2009..The approach presented in this paper focuses on the identification of mutagens and genotoxic carcinogens. Selection of appropriate in vitro and in vivo tests as well as a strategy for germ cell testing are described...
- Report from the in vitro micronucleus assay working groupMicheline Kirsch-Volders
Laboratorium voor Cellulaire Genetica, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Pleinlaan 2, Brussels 1050, Belgium
Mutat Res 540:153-63. 2003..6. Repeat experiments: in lymphocytes, for each experiment blood from 2 different healthy young and non-smoking donors should be compared. In cell lines, the experiments need only to be repeated if the first one is negative. 7...
- Genotoxicity investigations on nanomaterials: methods, preparation and characterization of test material, potential artifacts and limitations--many questions, some answersRobert Landsiedel
Department of Product Safety, BASF SE, 67056 Ludwigshafen, Germany
Mutat Res 681:241-58. 2009..This review should help to improve standard genotoxicity testing as well as investigations on the underlying mechanism and the interpretation of genotoxicity data on nanomaterials...
- Evaluation of the genotoxic potential and acute oral toxicity of standardized extract of Andrographis paniculata (KalmCold)C V Chandrasekaran
R and D Centre, Natural Remedies Pvt Ltd, Plot No 5B, Veerasandra Indl Area, 19th K M Stone, Hosur Road, Bangalore 560100, India
Food Chem Toxicol 47:1892-902. 2009..Additionally in acute oral toxicity study, female rats were treated at 5000 mg/kg of KalmCold and observed for signs of toxicity for 14 days. KalmCold did not produce any treatment-related toxic effects in rats...
- A review of the mutagenicity and rodent carcinogenicity of ambient airLarry D Claxton
Environmental Carcinogenesis Division, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, Office of Research and Development, US Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, NC 27711, USA
Mutat Res 636:36-94. 2007....
- Rationale of genotoxicity testing of nanomaterials: regulatory requirements and appropriateness of available OECD test guidelinesDavid B Warheit
DuPont Haskell Global Centers for Health and Environmental Sciences, Newark, Delaware 19714 0050, USA
Nanotoxicology 4:409-13. 2010..Accordingly, it seems reasonable to conclude that any specific regulatory testing requirements for nanoparticles would be premature at this time...
- Carbon nanotubes induce oxidative DNA damage in RAW 264.7 cellsLucia Migliore
Department of Human and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Pisa, Via S Giuseppe 22, 56100 Pisa, Italy
Environ Mol Mutagen 51:294-303. 2010..7 cells. Moreover, the modified version of the comet assay allows the specific detection of the induction of oxidative damage to DNA, which may be the underlying mechanism involved in the CNT-associated genotoxicity...
- In vitro genotoxicity test approaches with better predictivity: summary of an IWGT workshopStefan Pfuhler
The Procter and Gamble Co, Miami Valley Innovation Center, 11810 East Miami River Road, Cincinnati, OH 45252, USA
Mutat Res 723:101-7. 2011....
- Evaluation of the genotoxic potential of standardized extract of Glycyrrhiza glabra (GutGard™)C V Chandrasekaran
R and D Centre, Natural Remedies Pvt Ltd, Bangalore, India
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 61:373-80. 2011..In CA and MN studies, GutGard™ did not show clastogenic effect at 4 and 18 h treatments with and without S9 fraction. Results indicated that GutGard™ is not mutagenic in a battery of genotoxicity tests...
- Micronucleus test in mussels Perna perna fed with the toxic dinoflagellate Prorocentrum limaC R Carvalho Pinto-Silva
Department of Environmental Engineering, Toxicological Laboratory of the Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil
Arch Toxicol 79:422-6. 2005..lima. Another group collected directly from the production area served as outdoor control. A significantly higher frequency of MN and nuclear lesions was observed in hemocytes from the groups fed P. lima...
- Reduction of misleading ("false") positive results in mammalian cell genotoxicity assays. II. Importance of accurate toxicity measurementPaul Fowler
Unilever, Safety and Environmental Assurance Centre, Bedfordshire MK44 1LQ, UK
Mutat Res 747:104-17. 2012....
- Mutagenicity of 11 cigarette smoke condensates in two versions of the mouse lymphoma assayXiaoqing Guo
Division of Genetic and Molecular Toxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research, Food and Drug Administration, 3900 NCTR Road, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
Mutagenesis 26:273-81. 2011..These results indicate that the MLA identifies different genotoxic potencies among a variety of CSCs and that the results from both versions of the assay are comparable...
- Development of an in vivo gene mutation assay using the endogenous Pig-A gene: I. Flow cytometric detection of CD59-negative peripheral red blood cells and CD48-negative spleen T-cells from the ratDaishiro Miura
Division of Genetic and Reproductive Toxicology, US Food and Drug Administration, National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, Arkansas 72079, USA
Environ Mol Mutagen 49:614-21. 2008..Although RBCs may be useful for a minimally invasive assay, T-cells are a promising tissue for both detecting GPI-deficient cells and confirming that Pig-A gene mutation is the cause of the phenotype...
- Induction of lacZ mutations in MutaMouse primary hepatocytesGuosheng Chen
Environmental Health Sciences and Research Bureau, Research and Radiation Directorate, Health Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Environ Mol Mutagen 51:330-7. 2010..The preliminary results presented suggest that the MutaMouse primary hepatocyte mutagenicity assay can be used as a cost-effective tool for screening of environmental mutagens and therapeutic products...
- The genotoxicity of ambient outdoor air, a review: Salmonella mutagenicityLarry D Claxton
Cellular Toxicology Branch, Environmental Carcinogenesis Division, US Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Mutat Res 567:347-99. 2004..Initial efforts at replacing the Salmonella assay for ambient air studies with some emerging technology should be initiated...
- Confounding experimental considerations in nanogenotoxicologyS H Doak
Institute of Life Science, Swansea University, Wales, UK
Mutagenesis 24:285-93. 2009..Thus, highlighting some of the potential confounding factors that need to be considered in order to ensure that in vitro genotoxicity assays report true biological impacts in response to nanomaterial exposure...
- H2AX phosphorylation as a genotoxicity endpointGary Peter Watters
Institute for Cell and Molecular Biosciences, The Medical School, Newcastle University, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Mutat Res 679:50-8. 2009..The current data indicate that H2AX phosphorylation could be used as a biomarker of genotoxicity, which could predict the outcome of in vitro mammalian cell genotoxicity assays...
- Use of the γH2AX assay for assessing the genotoxicity of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in human cell linesM Audebert
INRA, UMR 1089 Xenobiotiques INRA ENVT, Toulouse, France
Toxicol Lett 199:182-92. 2010..The present study shows that H2AX measurement in human cell lines competent for the metabolism, is an efficient and sensitive genotoxic assay requiring less cells and time than other currently available tests...
- Analytical methods in bioassay-directed investigations of mutagenicity of air particulate materialChristopher H Marvin
National Water Research Institute, Environment Canada, Burlington, ON, Canada
Mutat Res 636:4-35. 2007....
- Evaluation of the ability of a battery of three in vitro genotoxicity tests to discriminate rodent carcinogens and non-carcinogens II. Further analysis of mammalian cell results, relative predictivity and tumour profilesDavid Kirkland
Covance Laboratories Limited, Otley Road, Harrogate HG3 1PY, United Kingdom
Mutat Res 608:29-42. 2006..7 (for Ames+MLA+CA). Thus, all values were less than a meaningful RP of two, and indicate that it is not possible to predict outcome of the rodent carcinogenicity study when only 2/3 genotoxicity results are in agreement...
- How to reduce false positive results when undertaking in vitro genotoxicity testing and thus avoid unnecessary follow-up animal tests: Report of an ECVAM WorkshopDavid Kirkland
Covance Laboratories Ltd, Otley Road, Harrogate HG3 1PY, UK
Mutat Res 628:31-55. 2007....
- In vitro efficacy and safety of poly-herbal formulationsC V Chandrasekaran
Department of Cellular Assay, R and D Centre, Natural Remedies Pvt Ltd, Bangalore 560 100, Karnataka, India
Toxicol In Vitro 24:885-97. 2010..Results epitomize that all the three poly-herbal formulations were devoid of significant mutagenic effect in TA98, and TAMix strains of Salmonella typhimurium under our experimental conditions...
- Acute toxicity and mutagenic activity of Mexican plants used in traditional medicineMyrna Deciga-Campos
Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Autonoma del Estado de Morelos, Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
J Ethnopharmacol 110:334-42. 2007..Finally, in the Artemia salina lethality test Brickellia veronicaefolia, Arracacia tolucensis, Poliomintha longiflora and Piper sanctum caused significant mortality of the crustacean larvae with LC(50) in the range of 37-227 microg/mL...
- Benchmark data set for in silico prediction of Ames mutagenicityKatja Hansen
University of Technology, Berlin, Germany
J Chem Inf Model 49:2077-81. 2009....
- Broad spectrum antimutagenic activity of antioxidant active fraction of punica granatum L. peel extractsMaryam Zahin
Department of Agricultural Microbiology, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh 202002, India
Mutat Res 703:99-107. 2010..granatum peel extract. Further, contribution of bioactive compounds detected in this study is to be explored to understand the exact mechanism of action as well as their therapeutic efficacy...
- In vivo mutation assay based on the endogenous Pig-a locusSteven M Bryce
Litron Laboratories, 200 Canal View Blvd, Rochester, New York 14620, USA
Environ Mol Mutagen 49:256-64. 2008..These data support the hypothesis that an efficient in vivo mutation assay can be developed around flow cytometric enumeration of erythrocytes and/or RETs that exhibit aberrant GPI-anchored protein expression...
- Assessment of the performance of the Ames II assay: a collaborative study with 19 coded compoundsS Flückiger-Isler
Xenometrix by Endotell GmbH, CH 4125 Allschwil, Switzerland
Mutat Res 558:181-97. 2004....
- Recombinagenic activity of water and sediment from Sinos River and Araçá and Garças Streams (Canoas, Brazil), in the Drosophila wing spot testLaura Vicedo Jacociunas
Laboratório da Toxicidade Genética TOXIGEN, Programa de Pós Graduação em Genética e Toxicologia Aplicada, Universidade Luterana do Brasil, Canoas, RS, Brazil
Sci Total Environ 408:571-7. 2010..melanogaster with unprocessed water and sediment samples attributing a massive and exclusive recombinagenic action associated to the induction of homologous recombination--a genetic phenomenon involved in the loss of heterozygosity...
- Modulation of rat liver cytochrome P450 by protein restriction assessed by biochemical and bacterial mutagenicity methods [corrected]L Cancino-Badías
CIBIOMED, ICBP Victoria de Girón, Ciudad Habana, Cuba
Mutagenesis 18:95-100. 2003..However, the mutagenic potency of benzo[a]pyrene was the same (4 revertants/ microg) with S9 derived from rats fed either a 6 or 24% protein diet...
- Evaluation of the mutagenic potential and acute oral toxicity of standardized extract of Ocimum sanctum (OciBest™)C V Chandrasekaran
R and D Centre, Natural Remedies Pvt Ltd, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Hum Exp Toxicol 32:992-1004. 2013..In an acute oral toxicity test, rats were treated with 5 g/kg of OciBest™ and observed for signs of toxicity for 14 days and the results did not show any treatment-related toxic effects to Wistar rats...
- Antimutagenic activities of acetone and methanol fractions of Terminalia arjunaK Kaur
Department of Botanical Land Environmental Sciences, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, India
Food Chem Toxicol 40:1475-82. 2002..Studies are under way to isolate and elucidate the nature of the antimutagenic factor in acetone and methanol fractions...
- Antimutagenic and mutagenic activities of some terpenes in the bacterial reverse mutation assayAntonella Di Sotto
Department of Human Physiology and Pharmacology, Sapienza University, Piazzale Aldo Moro 5, 00185 Rome, Italy
Mutat Res 653:130-3. 2008..5%). The antimutagenic activity of beta-caryophyllene observed here suggests further studies to evaluate its possible chemopreventive properties...
- Antioxidant activity of diphenyl diselenide prevents the genotoxicity of several mutagens in Chinese hamster V79 cellsRenato Moreira Rosa
Departamento de Biofisica e Centro de Biotecnologia, Instituto de Biociencias, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul UFRGS, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Mutat Res 631:44-54. 2007..Our results clearly demonstrate that DPDS at low concentrations presents antimutagenic properties, which are most probably due to its antioxidant properties...
- Weighted feature significance: a simple, interpretable model of compound toxicity based on the statistical enrichment of structural featuresRuili Huang
Department of Health and Human Services, NIH Chemical Genomics Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 3370, USA
Toxicol Sci 112:385-93. 2009..The new algorithm has the important advantages of simplicity, power, interpretability, and ease of implementation...
- DNA damage in tissues and organs of mice treated with diphenyl diselenideRenato Moreira Rosa
Departamento de Biofisica, Instituto de Biociencias, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul UFRGS, Avenida Bento Goncalves 9500, Bairro Agronomia, CEP 91501 970 Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Mutat Res 633:35-45. 2007..In summary, DPDS induces systemic genotoxicity in mammals as it causes DNA damage in vital organs like brain, liver, kidney and testes...
- Biological activities of organic compounds adsorbed onto ambient air particles: comparison between the cities of Teplice and Prague during the summer and winter seasons 2000-2001Blanka Binkova
Laboratory of Genetic Ecotoxicology, Regional Institute of Hygiene of Central Bohemia and Institute of Experimental Medicine, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Videnska 1083, Prague 4, Czech Republic
Mutat Res 525:43-59. 2003..Therefore, high-quality monitoring data of carcinogenic PAHs may be useful for epidemiological studies of the impact of air pollution on the health of the population and for helping decision makers to improve our environment...
- Urban airborne particulate: genotoxicity evaluation of different size fractions by mutagenesis tests on microorganisms and comet assayA Buschini
Istituto di Genetica, , Italy
Chemosphere 44:1723-36. 2001..Toluene appears to extract air pollutants genotoxic on yeast and leukocytes but is mainly cytotoxic on Salmonella...
- Evaluation of genotoxic effects of oral exposure to aluminum oxide nanomaterials in rat bone marrowA Balasubramanyam
Toxicology Unit, Biology Division, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad 500 607, Andhra Pradesh, India
Mutat Res 676:41-7. 2009..The results of our study suggest that exposure to Aluminum oxide nanomaterials has the potential to cause genetic damage...
- Analysis of 75 marketed pharmaceuticals using the GADD45a-GFP 'GreenScreen HC' genotoxicity assayPaul W Hastwell
Genetic Toxicology, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Hertfordshire SG12 0DP, UK
Mutagenesis 24:455-63. 2009....
- Enhanced spontaneous and benzo(a)pyrene-induced mutations in the lung of Nrf2-deficient gpt delta miceYasunobu Aoki
Research Center for Environmental Risk, National Institute for Environmental Studies, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Cancer Res 67:5643-8. 2007..These results thus show that Nrf2 aids in the prevention of mutations in vivo and suggest that Nrf2 protects genomic DNA against certain types of mutations...
- Genotoxicity assessment in aquatic environments under the influence of heavy metals and organic contaminantsV M Vargas
Fundação Estadual de Proteção Ambiental Henrique Luis FEPAM, Av Salvador França, 1707, 90690 000 Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Mutat Res 490:141-58. 2001..Thus, the microscreen phage-induction assay has proven to be a more appropriate methodology than the Salmonella/microsome test to analyse multiple pollutants in this ecosystem where both organic compounds and heavy metals are present...
- Comet assay responses as indicators of carcinogen exposureD Anderson
BIBRA International, Carshalton, Surrey, UK
Mutagenesis 13:539-55. 1998..Thus, at the present time the Comet assay has high sensitivity for carcinogens, but its specificity is uncertain because few non-carcinogens have been tested...
- Genotoxicity, cytotoxicity and toxicological evaluation of whole plant extracts of the medicinal plant Phyllanthus niruri (Phyllanthaceae)G A Asare
School of Allied Health Sciences, University of Ghana, Legon, Ghana
Genet Mol Res 11:100-11. 2012..The CC(50) was 26.3 mg/mL and hepato-renal toxicity after subchronic extract administration was nil. We conclude that ethanol extract of P. niruri is not cytotoxic or genotoxic, and is generally non-toxic on subchronic administration...
- Comparative study of the antimutagenic potential of Vitamin E in different E. coli strainsBiljana Nikolic
Faculty of Biology, Laboratory for Microbiology, University of Belgrade, Studentski trg 3 II, 11000 Beograd, Serbia and Montenegro
Mutat Res 564:31-8. 2004..Moreover, it can reduce microsatellite instability. After further validation, the new E. coli K12 assay-system can be used to test the antimutagenic potential of antioxidants...
- Recommendations for statistical designs of in vivo mutagenicity tests with regard to subsequent statistical analysisI D Adler
GSF Institut für Säugetiergenetik, D 85758 Neuherberg, Germany
Mutat Res 417:19-30. 1998..Use of negative historical controls was allowed in certain circumstances for interpretation of results from micronucleus tests and chromosomal aberration tests...
- Genotoxic evaluation of norfloxacin and pipemidic acid with the Escherichia coli Pol A-/Pol A+ and the ames testM Arriaga-Alba
Hospital Juarez de Mexico, Dirección de Investigación y Enseñanza, Mexico, D F
Arch Med Res 29:235-40. 1998..Genotoxicity of antibiotics has not been well evaluated, and there is not much information on the genetic risk of quinolone drugs, even though they are widely used as alternative choice drugs in urinary infections...
- Cellular uptake and mutagenic potential of metal oxide nanoparticles in bacterial cellsAshutosh Kumar
Nanomaterial Toxicology Group, Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research CSIR, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, P O Box 80, Lucknow 226 001, Uttar Pradesh, India
Chemosphere 83:1124-32. 2011..Our study reiterates the need for re-evaluating environmental toxicity of ZnO and TiO(2) NPs presumably considered safe in environment...
- A core in vitro genotoxicity battery comprising the Ames test plus the in vitro micronucleus test is sufficient to detect rodent carcinogens and in vivo genotoxinsDavid Kirkland
Kirkland Consulting, PO Box 79, Tadcaster LS24 0AS, United Kingdom
Mutat Res 721:27-73. 2011..Thus, there is no convincing evidence that any genotoxic rodent carcinogens or in vivo genotoxins would remain undetected in an in vitro test battery consisting of Ames+MNvit...
- Photomutagenicity of 16 polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons from the US EPA priority pollutant listJian Yan
Department of Chemistry, Jackson State University, Jackson, MS 39217, USA
Mutat Res 557:99-108. 2004..In general, the photomutagenicity of PAHs in TA102 does not correlate with their S9-activated mutagenicity in either TA102 or TA98/TA100 since they involve different activation mechanisms...
- Clastogenicity, photo-clastogenicity or pseudo-photo-clastogenicity: Genotoxic effects of zinc oxide in the dark, in pre-irradiated or simultaneously irradiated Chinese hamster ovary cellsEric K Dufour
L OREAL Research and Development, Worldwide Safety Department, 92600 Asnières, France
Mutat Res 607:215-24. 2006....
- Mutagenicity assessment in a river basin influenced by agricultural, urban and industrial sourcesAndréia Torres Lemos
Programa de Pesquisas Ambientais, Fundação Estadual de Proteção Ambiental Henrique Luís Roessler FEPAM, Avenida Salvador França, 1707, CEP 90690 000 Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 72:2058-65. 2009..The data suggest the influence of climatic conditions on mutagenic response, reinforcing the need to investigate mutagenicity for a prolonged period to a better risk assessment of exposure...
- Extracellular and intracellular anti-mutagenic effects of bile pigments in the Salmonella typhimurium reverse mutation assayC Molzer
Department of Nutritional Sciences, Emerging Field Oxidative Stress and DNA Stability, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Vienna, Althanstraße 14, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Toxicol In Vitro 27:433-7. 2013....
- Evaluation of chrono-amperometric signal detection for the analysis of genotoxicity by a whole cell biosensorSebastian Buchinger
Division of Qualitative Hydrology, German Federal Institute of Hydrology BfG, Am Mainzer Tor 1, Koblenz 56068, Germany
Anal Chim Acta 659:122-8. 2010..Under optimized conditions electrochemistry is sufficiently sensitive with a limit of detection that is comparable to the respective ISO-standard...
- Evaluation of the cytotoxicity, genotoxicity and mutagenicity of diphenyl ditelluride in several biological modelsTiago Hoerbe Degrandi
Departamento de Biofisica, Instituto de Biociencias, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Mutagenesis 25:257-69. 2010..Our results suggest that the toxic and mutagenic properties of DPDT may stem from its ability to disturb the redox balance of the cell, which leads to oxidative stress and the induction of DNA damage...
- Toxicity prediction of compounds from turmeric (Curcuma longa L)S Balaji
Department of Biotechnology, Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal University, Manipal 576 104, India
Food Chem Toxicol 48:2951-9. 2010..Hence, the cost-effective approach presented in this paper could be used to filter toxic compounds from the drug discovery lifecycle...
- Antimutagenicity of cell fractions of microorganisms on potent mutagenic pyrolysatesX B Zhang
Laboratory for Microbial Biochemistry, Faculty of Applied Biological Science, Hiroshima University, Japan
Mutat Res 298:247-53. 1993..The cultured broth and freeze-dried cytoplasms of yeast cells showed bio-antimutagenicity towards Trp-P-1, but those of all bacteria tested did not...
- Genotoxicity of pesticide mixtures present in the diet of the French populationVanessa Graillot
Toxalim, Research Centre in Food Toxicology, Toulouse, France
Environ Mol Mutagen 53:173-84. 2012..Environ. Mol. Mutagen. 2012. © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc...
- Relationship between adduct formation, rates of excision repair and the cytotoxic and mutagenic effects of structurally-related polycyclic aromatic carcinogensW G McGregor
Department of Microbiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824 1316, USA
Mutat Res 376:143-52. 1997....
- A comparative evaluation of mutagenic, antimutagenic, radical scavenging and antibacterial activities of essential oils of Pituranthos chloranthus (Coss. et Dur.)Aicha Neffati
Unité de Pharmacognosie Biologie Moléculaire 99 UR 07 03 Faculté de Pharmacie de Monastir, Monastir, Tunisie
Drug Chem Toxicol 32:372-80. 2009..The essential oils were tested for their antimicrobial properties against five different bacteria, and were found to be weakly active, with MIC and MBC values in the range 0.6-4 and 2.2-5 mg/mL, respectively...
- Evidence of the in vitro genotoxicity of methyl-pyrazole pesticides in human cellsVanessa Graillot
INRA, UMR1331, Toxalim, Research Centre in Food Toxicology, F 31027 Toulouse, France
Mutat Res 748:8-16. 2012..Nonetheless, additional in vivo data are required before a definitive conclusion can be drawn regarding hazard prediction to humans...
- Genotoxic activity of extractable organic matter from urban airborne particles in Shanghai, ChinaXiansi Zhao
Department of Preventive Medicine, School of Basic Medicine, Tongji University, Shanghai, PR China
Mutat Res 514:177-92. 2002..The mouse micronuclei test showed results similar to the UDS assay. The difference of locality did not have statistical significance...
- Mutagenic and cytotoxic properties of three herbal plants from Southeast AsiaA R Mohd-Fuat
Infectious Disease Research Centre, Institute for Medical Research, 50588 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Trop Biomed 24:49-59. 2007..zeylanica was more cytotoxic than single extract on Hep2 cell lines. Under the conditions of this study it can be concluded that T. integrifolia is mutagenic and the combined extracts of the medicinal plants was highly cytotoxic...
- Characterization and interlaboratory comparison of a gene expression signature for differentiating genotoxic mechanismsHeidrun Ellinger-Ziegelbauer
Bayer HealthCare AG, Special Toxicology, 42096 Wuppertal, Germany
Toxicol Sci 110:341-52. 2009..Although more compounds need to be tested to identify a robust molecular signature, this study confirms the potential of toxicogenomic analysis for investigation of genotoxic mechanisms...
- Comparative potency approach based on H2AX assay for estimating the genotoxicity of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbonsM Audebert
INRA UMR1331, TOXALIM Research Center in Food Toxicology, 180 chemin de Tournefeuille, F 31027 Toulouse, France
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 260:58-64. 2012..Calculated GEF for the tested PAHs were generally higher than the TEF usually used. Our study proposed a new in vitro based method for the establishment of relevant TEFs for PAHs to improve cancer risk assessment...
- An efficient approach to study the toxicological effects of complex mixturesMichaela Aufderheide
Cultex Laboratories GmbH, Feodor Lynen Strasse 21, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Exp Toxicol Pathol 60:163-80. 2008..This is not only true under laboratory conditions but can also be achieved under real indoor situations...
- Smoke chemistry, in vitro and in vivo toxicology evaluations of the electrically heated cigarette smoking system series KMichael S Werley
Philip Morris USA, Research Center, 615 Maury Street, Richmond, VA 23234, USA
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 52:122-39. 2008....
- Cytotoxicity, mutagenicity, and tumorigenicity of mainstream smoke from three reference cigarettes machine-smoked to the same yields of total particulate matter per cigaretteE Roemer
Philip Morris International R and D, Quai Jeanrenaud 5, 2000 Neuchatel, Switzerland
Food Chem Toxicol 47:1810-8. 2009..More intensive smoking conditions were associated with lower in vitro and in vivo activity per gram of TPM. The strongest decrease, and the tightest correlation, in this regard was observed for dermal tumorigenicity (tumor incidence)...
- Mouse lymphoma thymidine kinase gene mutation assay: follow-up meeting of the International Workshop on Genotoxicity Testing--Aberdeen, Scotland, 2003--Assay acceptance criteria, positive controls, and data evaluationMartha M Moore
National Center for Toxicological Research, Food and Drug Administration, Jefferson, Arkansas 72079, USA
Environ Mol Mutagen 47:1-5. 2006....
- Mutagenicity of carbon tetrachloride and chloroform in Salmonella typhimurium TA98, TA100, TA1535, and TA1537, and Escherichia coli WP2uvrA/pKM101 and WP2/pKM101, using a gas exposure methodAkihiro Araki
Mutagenicity Test Division, Japan Bioassay Research Center, Japan Industrial Safety and Health Association, Hadano, Kanagawa, Japan
Environ Mol Mutagen 43:128-33. 2004..The data indicate that carbon tetrachloride and chloroform are bacterial mutagens when adequate exposure conditions are employed and suggest that a genotoxic mode of action could contribute to the carcinogenicity of these compounds...
- Mutagenicity of textile dye productsKlaus Schneider
Forschungs und Beratungsinstitut Gefahrstoffe GmbH, Freiburg, Germany
J Appl Toxicol 24:83-91. 2004..This paper describes the data aggregation process, evaluation criteria and the overall assessment, and exemplifies controversial evaluations...
- A modified Ames assay reveals the mutagenicity of native cigarette mainstream smoke and its gas vapour phaseMichaela Aufderheide
Department of In Vitro Toxicology, Fraunhofer Institute of Toxicology and Experimental Medicine, Nikolai Fuchs Strasse 1, Hannover, Germany
Exp Toxicol Pathol 58:383-92. 2007..Our alternative procedure of exposing bacteria directly to gases and complex mixtures offers new possibilities in the field of inhalation genotoxicology for the evaluation of genotoxicity in the Ames assay...
- A comparison of in vitro toxicities of cigarette smoke condensate from Eclipse cigarettes and four commercially available ultra low-"tar" cigarettesJ W D Foy
Research and Development, R J Reynolds Tobacco Company, Bowman Gray Technical Center, Winston Salem, NC 27105, USA
Food Chem Toxicol 42:237-43. 2004..Collectively, these data demonstrate that the toxicity of CSC from Eclipse is significantly reduced relative to the activity of CSC from the tested vULT cigarettes and the Marlboro Ultra Lights...
- Convenient, multi-well plate-based DNA damage response analysis using DT40 mutants is applicable to a high-throughput genotoxicity assay with characterization of modes of actionJohn R Ridpath
Department of Environmental Sciences and Engineering, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7431, USA
Environ Mol Mutagen 52:153-60. 2011....
- Studying the cyto-genotoxic effects of 12 cigarette smoke condensates on human lymphoblastoid cell line in vitroJianlin Lou
Technology Center, China Tobacco Zhejiang Industrial Co Ltd, Hangzhou 310008, Zhejiang, People s Republic of China
Mutat Res 696:48-54. 2010..It was suggested that the cyto-genotoxicity of CSCs from different brands of cigarettes varied greatly, comet assay might be a sensitive assay in assessing the genotoxicity induced by CSCs...
- Urinary mutagenesis and fried red meat intake: influence of cooking temperature, phenotype, and genotype of metabolizing enzymes in a controlled feeding studyUlrike Peters
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, Maryland 20892 7273, USA
Environ Mol Mutagen 43:53-74. 2004..The data from this study indicate that urinary mutagenicity correlates with mutagenic exposure from cooked meat and can potentially be used as a marker in etiological studies on cancer...
- A test for neutrality of mutations of the lacZ transgeneL Cosentino
Department of Biology, York University, Toronto, Canada and
Environ Mol Mutagen 28:313-6. 1996..The same concept should apply to other tissues...
- Analysis of mutations in the Pig-a gene of spleen T-cells from N-ethyl-N-nitrosourea-treated fisher 344 ratsDaishiro Miura
Teijin Pharma, Ltd, Tokyo, Japan
Environ Mol Mutagen 52:419-23. 2011..g., in the endogenous Hprt gene and transgenic shuttle vectors). These data are consistent with the rat Pig-a assay detecting test-agent-induced mutational responses...
- When pigs fly: immunomagnetic separation facilitates rapid determination of Pig-a mutant frequency by flow cytometric analysisStephen D Dertinger
Litron Laboratories, Rochester, NY, USA
Mutat Res 721:163-70. 2011..Beyond considerably enhancing the throughput capacity of the analytical platform, these blood-processing procedures were also shown to enhance the precision of the measurements...
- Characterisation of Muta™Mouse λgt10-lacZ transgene: evidence for in vivo rearrangementsPhilip S Shwed
Mechanistic Studies Division, Environmental and Radiation Health Sciences Directorate, Health Canada, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0K9, Canada
Mutagenesis 25:609-16. 2010..coli host, for reporting effects...
- Assessment of acute cyto- and genotoxicity of corrosion eluates obtained from orthodontic materials using monolayer cultures of immortalized human gingival keratinocytesP Tomakidi
Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Dental School, University of Heidelberg, Germany
J Orofac Orthop 61:2-19. 2000....
- Pig-a mutation: kinetics in rat erythrocytes following exposure to five prototypical mutagensSouk Phonethepswath
Litron Laboratories, Rochester, New York 14623, USA
Toxicol Sci 114:59-70. 2010..The kinetics and ease of scoring this blood-based endpoint suggest that integration into routine toxicology studies will be feasible...
- [Permanent embryonic mouse germ cell-lines, an in vitro alternative to in vivo germ cell mutagenicity tests]M Klemm
ALTEX 18:127-30. 2001....
- Permanent embryonic germ cell lines of BALB/cJ mice--an in vitro alternative for in vivo germ cell mutagenicity testsM Klemm
Center for Documentation and Evaluation of Alternative Methods to Animal Experiments (ZEBET, Federal Institute for Health Protection of Consumers and Veterinary Medicine (BgVV, Berlin, Germany
Toxicol In Vitro 15:447-53. 2001..Applying this PM to the training set of five genotoxic and three non-genotoxic test chemicals, 100% correct classifications were obtained...
- Manifestation of Pig-a mutant bone marrow erythroids and peripheral blood erythrocytes in mice treated with N-ethyl-N-nitrosourea: direct sequencing of Pig-a cDNA from bone marrow cells negative for GPI-anchored protein expressionTakafumi Kimoto
Teijin Pharma Limited, Hino, Tokyo, Japan
Mutat Res 723:36-42. 2011..Taken together, the data suggest that Pig-a mutants are fixed in the BM, where they further proliferate and differentiate; erythrocytes derived from these BM Pig-a mutants transit from the BM and accumulate in PB...
- Binding of heterocyclic aromatic amines by lactic acid bacteria: results of a comprehensive screening trialReinhard Stidl
Department of Analytical and Food Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Vienna, Austria
Mol Nutr Food Res 52:322-9. 2008..This study may contribute to the development of strategies concerning the adverse health effects of HCA utilizing highly protective LAB for the production of fermented foods...
- Single-walled carbon nanotubes: geno- and cytotoxic effects in lung fibroblast V79 cellsElena R Kisin
Pathology Physiology Research Branch, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Morgantown, West Virginia 26505, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 70:2071-9. 2007..With two different strains of Salmonella typhimurium, no mutations were found following SWCNT exposure...
- Mutagenicity evaluation of metal oxide nanoparticles by the bacterial reverse mutation assayXiaoping Pan
Department of Chemistry, Western Illinois University, Macomb, IL 61455, USA Department of Biology, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27858, USA
Chemosphere 79:113-6. 2010..No growth inhibition of tested bacterial strains by Al(2)O(3), Co(3)O(4), and ZnO was observed at the concentrations used...
- Evaluation of the ability of a battery of three in vitro genotoxicity tests to discriminate rodent carcinogens and non-carcinogens I. Sensitivity, specificity and relative predictivityDavid Kirkland
Covance Laboratories Limited, Otley Road, Harrogate HG3 1PY, UK
Mutat Res 584:1-256. 2005..This RP measure is considered a useful tool for industry to assess the likelihood of a chemical possessing carcinogenic potential from batteries of positive or negative results...
- Mechanisms of the genotoxicity of crocidolite asbestos in mammalian cells: implication from mutation patterns induced by reactive oxygen speciesAn Xu
Center for Radiological Research, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Environ Health Perspect 110:1003-8. 2002..These results provide direct evidence that the mutagenicity of asbestos is mediated by ROS in mammalian cells...
- Mechanisms of fiber-induced genotoxicityM C Jaurand
Institut Mondor de Médecine Moléculaire IM3, Faculte de Medecine, INSERM Unité 139, Creteil, France
Environ Health Perspect 105:1073-84. 1997..In some of these processes, the particle state and fiber dimensions are considered important parameters in the generation of genotoxic effects...
- New insight into intrachromosomal deletions induced by chrysotile in the gpt delta transgenic mutation assayAn Xu
Center for Radiological Research, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Environ Health Perspect 115:87-92. 2007..However, there is less evidence to demonstrate the contribution of deletions to the mutagenicity of asbestos fibers in vivo...
- The in vivo Pig-a gene mutation assay, a potential tool for regulatory safety assessmentVasily N Dobrovolsky
U S Food and Drug Administration, National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, Arkansas 72279, USA
Environ Mol Mutagen 51:825-35. 2010..Based on data from a limited number of test agents, the assay shows promise for regulatory applications, including integration of gene mutation measurement into repeat-dose toxicology studies...
- DNA adducts and mutagenic specificity of the ubiquitous environmental pollutant 3-nitrobenzanthrone in Muta MouseVolker M Arlt
Section of Molecular Carcinogenesis, Institute of Cancer Research, Surrey, United Kingdom
Environ Mol Mutagen 43:186-95. 2004..These results suggest that G:C-->T:A transversions induced by 3-NBA are caused by misreplication of adducted guanine residues through incorporation of adenine opposite the adduct (A-rule)...
- Cadmium Cytoskeletal Toxicology in the LungIih Nan Chou; Fiscal Year: 2005..Although Cd binds to protein sulfhydryls (PSH) and DNA bases, most Cd short-term mutagenicity tests are negative...
- ACTIVATION OF CARCINOGENS BY UROTHELIUM IN VITROSanthanam Swaminathan; Fiscal Year: 1991..of the interactions of the electrophilic metabolites of ABP with urothelial cellular DNA will be examined by mutagenicity tests. For this purpose, we will first develop a human UEC-mutagenicity system selecting for mutants at the ..
- GENETOXICITY STUDIES OF CHEMOPREDVENTIVE AGENTS - TASK AKristien Mortelmans; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- INVESTIGATIONS OF CANNABIS PLANT AND SMOKE CONSTITUENTSMilos Novotny; Fiscal Year: 1980..b>Mutagenicity tests will also be carried out in collaboration.
- GENETIC TOXICITY TESTING IN RODENTSJing Xu; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- GENETIC TOXICITY TESTING IN RODENTSRaymond Tice; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- MUTAGENICITY TESTING IN SALMONELLAKristien Mortelmans; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- MUTAGENICITY TESTING IN SALMONELLARichard San; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- In vivo mutation assay based on pig-a locusStephen Dertinger; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- High Throughput Radiation BiodosimetryStephen Dertinger; Fiscal Year: 2007..We propose to develop such a radiation biodosimetry assay based on the extremely high analysis rates that are possible with flow cytometry instrumentation. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Versatile Mutation Assay PlatformStephen Dertinger; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Rapid Screen for Genotoxicants, Chemoprotectors, and RadioprotectorsStephen Dertinger; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, this assay can be used to investigate agents designed to ameliorate the effects of radiation exposure, e.g. biological response modifiers. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Automation of the vitro Micronucleus AssayStephen Dertinger; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Measuring Cytogenetic Damage in Human BloodStephen Dertinger; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF FIBER CARCINOGENESISTOM HEI; Fiscal Year: 2001..Cytogenetic and molecular alterations at the gene level will be analyzed from tumors and intermediate transformation stages to provide a mechanistic basis for tumor induction by mineral fibers. ..
- MECHANISMS OF ARSENIC CARCINOGENESISTOM HEI; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- THE MUTAGENICITY OF MINERAL FIBERSTOM HEI; Fiscal Year: 2006..By using specific DNA probes of other genes that have been regionally mapped to various sites on chromosome 11, the molecular spectrum of mutations induced by either asbestos or glass fiber control will be compared. ..
- Genetic Susceptibility Modifiers in Renal Cell CarcinomaXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such individuals may then be targeted for intervention programs such as chemoprevention or dietary modification. ..
- Mutagenicity of tobacco smoke in human cell co-culturesJoseph Guttenplan; Fiscal Year: 2007..Clearly, it is preferable to determine their potential risk prospectively, rather than retrospectively. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BIOSENSOR ARRAYS BASED ON SINGLE WALL CARBON NANOTUBESJames F Rusling; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition to achieving our specific aims, this project should provide fundamental guidance for fabrication of sensitive microarray devices for a wide variety of biomedical applications. ..
- Lung Cancer Chemoradiation: Predictors of SurvivalXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2009..This multivariate prognostic study could have long-term prognostic potential by allowing greater individualization of therapy, based on the genetic makeup of the patient, thereby both increasing efficacy and reducing morbidity. ..
- GENETIC INFLUENCE ON MUTAGEN SENSITIVITY--A TWIN STUDYXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2004..Additionally, these potential biomarkers may ultimately be used to identify individuals who should be targeted for more intense screening programs or behavior modification interventions. ..
- Student Travel to the Environmental Mutagen SocietyMichael Plewa; Fiscal Year: 2004..Awards will be made without regard to gender, race, ethnicity or disability. ..
- Student Travel to the Environmental Mutagen SocietyMichael Plewa; Fiscal Year: 2003..Awards will be made without regard to gender, race or ethnicity or disability. ..
- Markers of Genetic Susceptibility to Bladder CancerXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2008..The ability to rapidly screen individuals for risk, using minimally invasive procedures (blood samples), has immense clinical implication, such as intensive screening and chemopreventive interventions. ..
- Origins of Spontaneous MutagenesisJoseph Guttenplan; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Diesel Exhaust Particle Modulation of InflammationJeanclare Seagrave; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Student Travel to the Environmental Mutagen SocietyMichael Plewa; Fiscal Year: 2002..Awards will be made without regard to gender, race or ethnicity. ..
- MECHANISM OF INDUCTION OF OLFACTORY TUMORS BY ALACHLORMary Beth Genter; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- RNA-regulation and signal transduction by PKRCYNTHIA BURROWS; Fiscal Year: 2006..These will include studies designed to the correlate the relative positions of binding sites for PKR's two dsRBMs on an RNA molecule with that RNA's efficacy as a kinase activator. ..
- Cell Membrane Simulators in Biocompatibility TestingDAVID YOURTEE; Fiscal Year: 2006..This will enable the prediction of destructive properties of untested compounds and ensure the design of new non-toxic membrane dental materials. ..
- Chemoprevention of Colonic NOC Formation and ActionSIDNEY MIRVISH; Fiscal Year: 2006..Overall results will indicate how fecal NOC levels are controlled and can be reduced, and whether fecal NOC can induce colon cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- KIDNEY RESPONSE TO RADIATION AND CHEMOTHERAPYJOHN MOULDER; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] 4) Complete the randomized, prospective, trial of the use of ACE inhibitors to prevent the development of radiation nephropathy in BMT patients. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel approach to measure DNA adducts in humansROBERT TURESKY; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Communities Organized Against Asthma and Lead (COAL)Jonathan Ward; Fiscal Year: 2006..The primary purpose of Project COAL is to give De Madres a Madres the means to provide services to reduce the exposure of children in their community to agents that can result in lead exposure and asthma exacerbation. ..
- Extracellular matrix in chloracetanilide carcinogenesisMary Beth Genter; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Mitochondrial Metabiolites to Treat Parkinson's DiseaseBruce Ames; Fiscal Year: 2005..This project on PD is a new direction for our work on preventing mitochondrial decay and could lead to an effective and cost efficient prevention /therapy for PD. ..
- DNA Damage, Mutation & Cancer Gordon Research ConferenceJohn Hays; Fiscal Year: 2008..high-fidelity responses blocked replication forts. One will describe successive steps in pathways initiated by specific DNA lesions. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ANTI MUTAGENIC MISMATCH REPAIR OF UV DAMAGED DNAJohn Hays; Fiscal Year: 2004..The abilities of MMR proteins to complete with NER proteins for mismatched- photoproduct substrates, thus preventing mutation-fixation by the latter, will also be tested. ..
- SURFACE ANTIGENS OF TREPONEMA PALLIDUMWesley Van Voorhis; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, these studies will help define the protective immune response that results after immunization with Tp92 as well as the immune response to Tp92 that occurs during infection. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SPECTRUM OF MUTATION INDUCED BY IONIZING RADIATIONMITCHELL TURKER; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Apoptotic mechanisms in NSAID chemopreventionSTEVEN DAMBROSIO; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Gene silencing in mammalian cells induced by environmental exposureMITCHELL TURKER; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DELAYING MITOCHONDRIAL DECAY WITH CARNITINE AND LIPOATEBruce Ames; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Autosomal Mutagenesis and Polycystic Kidney DiseaseMITCHELL TURKER; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Gene Silencing in Cancer--A Model SystemMITCHELL TURKER; Fiscal Year: 2003..The demonstration of each step of a multistep silencing pathway, which is currently undefined, will provide novel insight into this aberrant process in malignant cells. ..
- Modulation of Aflatoxin B1-induced hepatocarcinogenesis by RB lossErik Knudsen; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will identify critical facets of RB function in vivo and delineate specific consequences of RB loss that are germane to tumor formation following genotoxic insult. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Sphingolipid signaling in olfactory mucosaMary Beth Genter; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Tuning-Up Human MetabolismBruce Ames; Fiscal Year: 2005..Previous results showed that high doses of key mitochondrial metabolites delay mitochondrial decay and involve Km. 4) Minimizing DNA damage and cancer by optimizing micronutrient levels, particularly in the elderly. ..
- Metabolism of Carcinogens and Drugs by Human P450sF Guengerich; Fiscal Year: 2005..Successful completion of these collective studies should provide better understanding of the ways in which human P450s catalyze oxidation of carcinogens and drugs and the significance of variations in these enzymes. ..
- REACTIVE INTERMEDIATES OF CARCINOGENESIS OF PAHSKENNETH LAALI; Fiscal Year: 2004..DNA binding and mammalian cell mutagenicity studies on the substituted and derivatized-PAHs proposed for stable ion work will enhance the available literature data on structure/reactivity relationships. ..
- HUMAN SENSITIVITY TO GENOTOXIC EFFECTS OF BUTADIENEJonathan Ward; Fiscal Year: 2005..how genetic variation in mEH influences human sensitivity to the genotoxic effects of BD, and better understand the role of variants in biotransformation genes in modifying human susceptibility to toxic chemicals ..
- DO HIGH DOSE B VITAMINS DELAY AGE-RELATED DECAYBruce Ames; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Involvement of a K+ Channel in C. elegans Male BehaviorELIZABETH DESTASIO; Fiscal Year: 2005..Lastly, this research will help delineate the connections between motility, functions of particular muscle cells, and organismal behavior. ..
- 9th International Conference on Environmental Mutagens: Student Travel ExpensesJonathan Ward; Fiscal Year: 2005..Awards will be made without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, nationality, or disability. ..
- A Potential Human Toxicity Assay Using an Expressed GeneMICHAEL BOERRIGTER; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is anticipated that the validation of this new in vivo model will provide a unique opportunity to study in vivo mutant frequencies in human tissues and cell lines established from human tissues. ..
- Metalloproteome of the Aging Rat Brain MitochondriaBruce Ames; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, this work has significant potential to integrate numerous aspects of mitochondrial metabolism and physiology and reveal novel opportunities for combating aging-related decline. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- QUANTITATIVE METALLOPROTEOMICS: THE HUMAN ERYTHROCYTEBruce Ames; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Toxiology of Particulate Cr(VI)in Human Lung CellsJohn Wise; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Colon and liver anticarcinogenicity by acetaminophenGary Williams; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, these experiments will provide support for the epidemiological observations of reduced cancer risk associated with the use of APAP. ..