Genomes and Genes
Summary: An expression of the number of mitoses found in a stated number of cells.
Publications208 found, 100 shown here
- Nuclear markers (star volume, mitotic index, AgNOR and Ki-67) of the primary tumor and its metastasis in non-small cell lung carcinomasRoberto Storte Matheus
Department of Thoracic Surgery, University of Mogi das Cruzes, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Pathol Res Pract 200:13-23. 2004..variables were examined for differences in the frequency of histological subtypes, nuclear star volume, mitotic index, AgNOR area, and Ki-67 immunohistochemistry indices of expression in subgroups of patients stratified by ..
- Mitotic rate in melanoma: a reexaminationMaria Gallego Attis
Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 127:380-4. 2007....
- Tumor mitotic rate is a more powerful prognostic indicator than ulceration in patients with primary cutaneous melanoma: an analysis of 3661 patients from a single centerManuela F Azzola
Sydney Melanoma Unit, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, New South Wales, Australia
Cancer 97:1488-98. 2003..The current study was performed to determine whether tumor mitotic rate (TMR) is a useful, independent prognostic factor in patients with localized cutaneous melanoma...
- Correlation of cell cycle regulatory proteins (p53 and p16(ink)⁴(a)) and bcl-2 oncoprotein with mitotic index and thickness of primary cutaneous malignant melanomaMilos Kostov
Department of Pathology, Military hospital of Niš, Serbia
Bosn J Basic Med Sci 10:276-81. 2010..The study involved 53 patients: 27 (51%) male and 26 (49%) female. Mitotic index showed a correlation with p53 protein expression, a negative correlation with p16INK4a protein expression...
- Proliferation markers and survival in early breast cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis of 85 studies in 32,825 patientsR Stuart-Harris
Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute, Department of Oncology, University of Cambridge, Li Ka Shing Centre, Robinson Way, Cambridge CB2 0RE, UK
Breast 17:323-34. 2008We have performed a systematic review and meta-analysis of proliferation markers (Ki-67, mitotic index (MI), proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) and thymidine or bromodeoxyuridine labelling index (LI)) with respect to survival in ..
- Prognostic value of proliferation in invasive breast cancer: a reviewP J van Diest
Department of Pathology, University Medical Centre Utrecht, PO Box 85500, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Clin Pathol 57:675-81. 2004..Mitosis counting provides the most reproducible and independent prognostic value, and Ki67/MIB1 labelling and cyclin A index are promising alternatives that need methodological fine tuning...
- Phosphohistone H3 expression has much stronger prognostic value than classical prognosticators in invasive lymph node-negative breast cancer patients less than 55 years of ageIvar Skaland
Department of Pathology, Stavanger University Hospital, Stavanger, Norway
Mod Pathol 20:1307-15. 2007..Phosphohistone H3 is by far the strongest prognostic variable in early invasive node-negative breast cancer patients less than 55 years old with long-term follow-up...
- Immune profile and mitotic index of metastatic melanoma lesions enhance clinical staging in predicting patient survivalDusan Bogunovic
Cancer Institute and Department of Pathology, New York University Langone Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:20429-34. 2009..We used gene expression profiling, mitotic index (MI), and quantification of tumor infiltrating leukocytes (TILs) and CD3+ cells in metastatic lesions to ..
- In patients younger than age 55 years with lymph node-negative breast cancer, proliferation by mitotic activity index is prognostically superior to adjuvant!Tone Hoel Lende
Stavanger University Hospital, Stavanger, Norway
J Clin Oncol 29:852-8. 2011..We compared the accuracy of the online program Adjuvant!, the Norwegian Breast Cancer Group (NBCG) guidelines, and the proliferation factor mitotic activity index (MAI) in patients with lymph node (LN) -negative disease (pN0)...
- Correlation between MIB-1 and other proliferation markers: clinical implications of the MIB-1 cutoff valueFrederique Spyratos
Laboratoire d Oncobiologie, Centre Rene Huguenin, Saint Cloud, France
Cancer 94:2151-9. 2002..The objectives of this study were to compare MIB-1 evaluation to other methods of measuring cell proliferation, with a view to refining the cutoff used to classify tumors with low and high proliferation rates in therapeutic trials...
- Ki67 immunohistochemistry: a valuable marker in prognostication but with a risk of misclassification: proliferation subgroups formed based on Ki67 immunoreactivity and standardized mitotic indexP Jalava
Department of Pathology, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Histopathology 48:674-82. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate this more closely and also to study the associations between bcl-2 and p53 expression and proliferation...
- Histological grading of breast cancer on needle core biopsy: the role of immunohistochemical assessment of proliferationT ng Chang Kwok
Department of Pathology and School Molecular Medical Sciences, Nottingham University Hospital, Hucknall Road, Nottingham, UK
Histopathology 57:212-9. 2010..35 and 0.65). A major cause of the discrepancy is underestimation of mitoses in the NCB specimen. The aim was to determine the best method of assessing proliferation on NCB...
- Comparison of methods for proliferative index analysis for grading pancreatic well-differentiated neuroendocrine tumorsPamela P Goodell
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, PA 15213, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 137:576-82. 2012..field average (Ki-67 CFA) using the Ventana image analysis system (Ventana Medical Systems, Tucson, AZ) and mitotic index (MI). These methods resulted in discrepant grades in 30 (67%) of our 45 cases...
- Natural history of imatinib-naive GISTs: a retrospective analysis of 929 cases with long-term follow-up and development of a survival nomogram based on mitotic index and size as continuous variablesSabrina Rossi
Department of Pathology and Molecular Genetics, Treviso General Hospital, Italy
Am J Surg Pathol 35:1646-56. 2011..Median follow-up was 126 months. On testing for potential prognostic parameters, age, tumor site, size, and mitotic index proved to be predictors of OS on both univariable and multivariable Cox model analyses, whereas necrosis and ..
- Allium cepa test in environmental monitoring: a review on its applicationDaniela Morais Leme
Departamento de Biologia, Instituto de Biociencias, Universidade Estadual Paulista UNESP, Rio Claro, SP, Brazil
Mutat Res 682:71-81. 2009..The mitotic index and some nuclear abnormalities are used to evaluate citotoxicity and analyze micronucleus to verify ..
- Prognostic indicators for gastrointestinal stromal tumours: a clinicopathological and immunohistochemical study of 108 resected cases of the stomachN A C S Wong
Department of Pathology, University of Edinburgh Medical School, Edinburgh, UK
Histopathology 43:118-26. 2003..Our aim was to test previously studied and more novel morphological features as well as four immunohistochemical markers as prognostic indicators amongst a large cohort of surgically resected, gastric GISTs...
- Biologic and prognostic significance of dermal Ki67 expression, mitoses, and tumorigenicity in thin invasive cutaneous melanomaPhyllis A Gimotty
Melanoma Program of the Abramson Cancer Center, Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:8048-56. 2005..In this study, we characterized three biomarkers of proliferation (Ki67 expression, dermal mitotic rate [MR], and tumorigenicity) in thin (< or = 1.00 mm) primary cutaneous melanomas and examined their association with prognosis...
- Ki-67 expression is superior to mitotic count and novel proliferation markers PHH3, MCM4 and mitosin as a prognostic factor in thick cutaneous melanomaRita G Ladstein
The Gade Institute, Section for Pathology, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
BMC Cancer 10:140. 2010....
- TNM staging of foregut (neuro)endocrine tumors: a consensus proposal including a grading systemG Rindi
Dipartimento di Patologia e, Medicina di Laboratorio, Sezione di Anatomia Patologica, Universita di Parma, Via Gramsci, 14, 43100, Parma, Italy, and Department of Internal Medicine, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Virchows Arch 449:395-401. 2006..This proposal, which needs to be validated, is meant to help clinicians in the stratification, treatment, and follow-up of patients...
- The relationship between MIB-1 proliferative activity and mitotic index in gastrointestinal stromal tumorsGulaydan Filiz
Department of Surgical Pathology, Uludag University, Faculty of Medicine, Bursa, Turkey
Hepatogastroenterology 54:438-41. 2007..In this study we assessed the prognostic value of MIB-1 proliferative index (PI) in GIST, and whether there was a relationship to any other clinicopathological findings...
- Leptin increases mitotic index and regeneration ratio in hepatectomized ratsMurat Cilekar
Department of General Surgery, Eskisehir Osmangazi University, Medical Faculty, Eskisehir, Turkey
Med Sci Monit Basic Res 19:279-84. 2013The aim of this study was to evaluate the potential effect of intraperitoneal administration of leptin on the hepatic regeneration and the mitotic index.
- Instantaneous evaluation of mammalian cell culture growth rates through analysis of the mitotic indexNicholas R Abu-Absi
Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, and the Biological Process Technology Institute, The University of Minnesota, 1479 Gortner Ave, Room 240 Gortner Labs, Saint Paul, MN 55108, USA
J Biotechnol 95:63-84. 2002..The dynamics of the mitotic index show that balanced growth was never truly reached and that the growth rate is in fact quite variable for these ..
- p27 Labeling index and proliferation in gastrointestinal stromal tumors: correlations with clinicopathologic factors and recurrenceTekinalp Gelen
Department of Pathology, Akdeniz University, Medical School, Antalya, Turkey
Jpn J Clin Oncol 33:346-52. 2003....
- The potential value of phosphohistone-h3 mitotic index determined by digital image analysis in the assessment of pancreatic endocrine tumors in fine-needle aspiration cytology specimensRossitza Draganova-Tacheva
Department of Pathology, Anatomy and Cell Biology, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Acta Cytol 57:291-5. 2013..The objective was to find comparable grading on the basis of the novel mitotic marker phosphohistone-H3 (PHH3)...
- Effects of carvacrol upon the liver of rats undergoing partial hepatectomyMustafa Uyanoglu
Faculty of Science, Department of Biology, Eskisehir Osmangazi University, 26480, Eskisehir, Turkey
Phytomedicine 15:226-9. 2008..The liver regeneration, mitotic index and PCNA index increased significantly in rats of Group III over the Group II at the 72nd hour after partial ..
- Variations of mitotic index in normal and dysplastic squamous epithelium of the uterine cervix as a function of endometrial maturationOluwole Fadare
Department of Pathology, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland AFB, TX, USA
Mod Pathol 20:1000-8. 2007..specimens from patients with and without dysplastic lesions and investigated a possible relationship between mitotic index and hormonal status, using the endometrial maturation phase as a surrogate indicator of the latter...
- Prognostic significance of the mitotic index using the mitosis marker anti-phosphohistone H3 in meningiomasYoo Jin Kim
Institute of Neuropathology, Saarland University, School of Medicine, Homburg Saar, Germany
Am J Clin Pathol 128:118-25. 2007..we compared the results from immunostaining for the mitosis-specific antibody anti-phosphohistone H3 (PHH3 mitotic index [MI]) with standard MF counts (H&E MI) and the Ki-67 labeling index (LI)...
- Expression of DOG1, CD117 and PDGFRA in gastrointestinal stromal tumors and correlations with clinicopathologyXing Ling Sui
Department of Gastroenterology, the Third Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 13:1389-93. 2012..To discuss the significance of DOG1, CD117 and PDGFRA in the diagnosis of gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs), and analyze their correlations with clinicopathological features and risk ranking...
- Predictive value of tumor proliferative indices in periampullary cancers: Ki-67, mitotic activity index (MI) and volume corrected mitotic index (M/V) using tissue microarraysMark M Aloysius
Division of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Nottingham Digestive Diseases Centre NIHR Biomedical Research Unit, Nottingham University Hospitals, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
World J Surg 34:2115-21. 2010Morphometry [nuclear Ki-67 labelling, mitotic activity index (MI), and volume-corrected mitotic index (M/V)] for periampullary cancers using tissue microarrays has not been performed previously...
- Prognostic value of mitotic counts in breast cancer of Saudi Arabian patientsAbdelbaset Buhmeida
Center of Excellence in Genomic Medicine Research CEGMR, King Abdul Aziz University, Jeddah 21589, Saudi Arabia
Anticancer Res 31:97-103. 2011..One of the important prognostic and predictive markers is the mitotic count, which has proven valuable in many aspects. In this study, the prognostic value of the mitotic count was assessed in breast cancer (BC) patients in Saudi Arabia...
- The value of proliferation indexes in breast cancerG Karanikas
1st Department of Propaedeutic Surgery, Hippokrateio Hospital, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 31:181-4. 2010..During the past several years, the Ki-67 antigen has gathered great interest in its role as a prognostic marker. Nevertheless, despite the large number of published papers, the role of Ki-67 in clinical practice remains controversial...
- Predictors of recurrence after resection of small gastric gastrointestinal stromal tumors of 5 cm or lessMi Young Kim
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Asan Digestive Disease Research Institute, Seoul, Korea
J Clin Gastroenterol 46:130-7. 2012..To evaluate the recurrence predicting factors of small gastric gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs) through the long-term follow-up after surgical/endoscopic resection...
- Stages I to II WHO 2003-defined low-grade endometrial stromal sarcoma: how much primary therapy is needed and how little is enough?Weiwei Feng
Department of Gynaecology, Hospital of Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Int J Gynecol Cancer 23:488-93. 2013..stromal sarcomas (ESS) were classified into 2 categories, low-grade and high-grade ESS, according to the mitotic index. In 2003, the World Health Organization changed the definition and the diagnostic criteria...
- Prognostic indicators in WHO 2003 low-grade endometrial stromal sarcomaWeiwei Feng
Department of Gynaecology, Hospital of Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Histopathology 62:675-87. 2013..Since 2003, many studies have used the old criteria, and few have focused on WHO 2003-defined ESS low grade (ESS-LG). The aim of this study was to investigate prognosticators in ESS-LG...
- The improved Allium/Vicia root tip micronucleus assay for clastogenicity of environmental pollutantsT H Ma
Department of Biological Sciences, Western Illinois University, Macomb 61455, USA
Mutat Res 334:185-95. 1995..The greater sensitivity of the Allium roots is probably due to the greater total length of the diploid complement and the higher number of metacentric chromosomes.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Prognostic relevance of mitotic activity in patients with node-negative breast cancerLaura Medri
Pathology Unit, Division of Oncology and Diagnostics, Pierantoni Hospital, Forli, Italy
Mod Pathol 16:1067-75. 2003..as the number of mitotic figures per 10 high-power fields (mitotic activity index) or per 1000 tumor cells (mitotic index). Counting was carried out blindly by two observers...
- Prognostic factors in localized invasive cutaneous melanoma: high value of mitotic rate, vascular invasion and microscopic satellitosisEduardo Nagore
Department of Dermatology, Instituto Valenciano de Oncologia, Valencia, Spain
Melanoma Res 15:169-77. 2005..Mitotic rate is confirmed as an objective and independent predictor of disease-free survival for melanoma patients that should be considered in further revisions of the mentioned staging system...
- pHH3 immunostaining improves interobserver agreement of mitotic index in thin melanomasTobias T Schimming
Department of Dermatology, Venerology and Allergology, University Duisburg Essen, Germany
Am J Dermatopathol 34:266-9. 2012..Further studies are needed to find out if higher sensitivity in the detection of mitosis by pHH3 immunostaining has additional prognostic relevance...
- Bcl-2 expression in male breast carcinomaA Pich
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Human Oncology, University of Turin, Italy
Virchows Arch 433:229-35. 1998..These characteristics, together with the high prognostic value of cell proliferation and the lack of prognostic significance for hormone receptor status, support the hypothesis that MBC is biologically different from FBC...
- Mitosis-specific marker phospho-histone H3 in the assessment of mitotic index in uterine smooth muscle tumors: a pilot studyEmanuela Veras
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Int J Gynecol Pathol 28:316-21. 2009The assessment of an accurate mitotic index (MI) is one of the major parameters in the proper classification of uterine smooth muscle tumors...
- Apoptosis in breast cancer: Nigerian vs. Finnish materialFrancis Ikpatt
Department of Pathology, University of Calabar Teaching Hospital, Nigeria
Anal Quant Cytol Histol 24:73-80. 2002..To evaluate apoptotic activity in breast cancer from Nigerian (n = 300) and Finnish (n=285) women...
- Uterine leiomyosarcomas: tumor size, mitotic index, and biomarkers Ki67, and Bcl-2 identify two groups with different prognosisEmanuela D'Angelo
Department of Pathology, Institut of Biomedical Research, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Gynecol Oncol 121:328-33. 2011..Although most tumors are associated with poor prognosis even when apparently confined to the uterus (stage I), some cases that exhibited morphologic features of malignancy had prolonged survival...
- High proliferative activity may predict early metastasis of thin melanomasS O Frahm
Department of Pathology, University of Kiel, Germany
Hum Pathol 32:1376-81. 2001..Further investigations are needed to determine the value of proliferation measurements for the long-term prognosis of thin melanomas...
- Proposal for a modified grading system based on mitotic index and Bcl2 provides objective determination of clinical outcome for patients with breast cancerTarek M A Abdel-Fatah
Division of Pathology, School of Molecular Medical Sciences and Nottingham University Hospitals Trust, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
J Pathol 222:388-99. 2010We hypothesized that the interaction between mitotic index (M) and Bcl2 could accurately discriminate between low- and high-grade breast cancer (BC) and provide a more objective measure of clinical outcome than histological grade, ..
- The prognostic importance of tumor mitotic rate confirmed in 1317 patients with primary cutaneous melanoma and long follow-upAnne Brecht Francken
Sydney Melanoma Unit, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Ann Surg Oncol 11:426-33. 2004..Data for a large cohort of patients, now with extended follow-up, whose tumors had been assessed by Dr. McGovern were analyzed to reassess the independent prognostic value of TMR in primary localized, cutaneous melanoma...
- Mitotic index determination by flow cytometryDavid A F Gillespie
CR UK Beatson Laboratories, Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Garscube Estate, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 1BD
Subcell Biochem 40:355-8. 2006....
- Genotoxicity of silver nanoparticles in Allium cepaMamta Kumari
Nanobio Medicine Group, School of Bio Sciences and Technology, VIT University, Vellore 632014, India
Sci Total Environ 407:5243-6. 2009..75, and 100 ppm) of engineered silver nanoparticles (below 100 nm size) dispersion, to study endpoints like mitotic index, distribution of cells in mitotic phases, different types of chromosomal aberrations, disturbed metaphase, ..
- Classification of low-grade neuroendocrine tumors of midgut and unknown originSusanne van Eeden
Department of Pathology, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam Departments of Medical Oncology and Pathology of the Netherlands Cancer Institute, The Netherlands
Hum Pathol 33:1126-32. 2002..Further subdividing low-grade malignant tumors at this location appears to be of less value than in the lung, but assessing the mitotic activity of these tumors might be of prognostic value...
- Apoptotic index correlates to bcl-2 and p53 protein expression, histological grade and prognosis in invasive breast cancersG J Zhang
Department of Surgery II, Fukushima Medical College, Japan
Anticancer Res 18:1989-98. 1998..0 +/- 0.97). Significantly highly AI was found for the tumors with grade 3 (p < 0.0001), high mitotic index (p < 0.0001), and bcl-2 negatively (p = 0...
- ECL cell tumor and poorly differentiated endocrine carcinoma of the stomach: prognostic evaluation by pathological analysisG Rindi
Department of Human Pathology, University of Pavia and Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Gastroenterology 116:532-42. 1999..The aims of this work were to identify predictors of tumor malignancy and patient outcome and to provide a rationale for treatment guidelines...
- Mitotic index of invasive breast carcinoma. Achieving clinically meaningful precision and evaluating tertial cutoffsJohn S Meyer
Department of Pathology, St Luke s Hospital, Chesterfield, Missouri 63017 3417, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 133:1826-33. 2009..Mitotic figure counts are related to breast cancer behavior but have not been sufficiently reproducible to be accepted for clinical decision-making...
- Analysis of correlation between mitotic index, MIB1 score and S-phase fraction as proliferation markers in invasive breast carcinoma. Methodological aspects and prognostic value in a series of 257 casesM Caly
Department of Pathology, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Anticancer Res 24:3283-8. 2004The study was designed in order to evaluate the degree of correlation of mitotic index (MI), Ki67 (MIB1) score and S-phase fraction (SPF) as markers of cell proliferation and prognosis in breast cancer.
- Caspase-independent apoptosis is activated by diazepam-induced mitotic failure in HeLa cells, but not in human primary fibroblastsI Vitale
Department of Biology, University Roma Tre, V le Marconi 446, Rome, 00146, Italy
Apoptosis 10:909-20. 2005..In conclusion, we hypothesize that HeLa cells override the prophase block imposed by DZ, producing a high rate of aberrant pro-metaphases, which, in turn, activates caspase-independent, apoptosis-like mitotic catastrophe...
- p53 expression, DNA ploidy and mitotic index as prognostic factors in patients with epithelial ovarian carcinomaMarcello Ceccaroni
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Orsola Hospital, University of Bologna, Italy
Tumori 90:600-6. 2004..Biological variables linked to genomic instability were examined and related to survival in 52 patients affected by ovarian carcinoma and nine patients with low malignant potential tumors (LMP)...
- Changes and predictive and prognostic value of the mitotic index, Ki-67, cyclin D1, and cyclo-oxygenase-2 in 710 operable breast cancer patients treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapyFrederique Penault-Llorca
Centre Jean Perrin, Bureau de Recherche Clinique, Clermont Ferrand Cedex 1, France
Oncologist 13:1235-45. 2008..we studied phenotypic characteristics of tumors before and after chemotherapy using the following factors: the mitotic index of the Scarff-Bloom-Richardson grade, Ki-67, cyclin D1, and cyclo-oxygenase-2...
- Checkpoint abrogation in G2 compromises repair of chromosomal breaks in ataxia telangiectasia cellsGeorgia I Terzoudi
Institute of Nuclear Technology and Radiation Protection, National Centre for Scientific Research Demokritos, Aghia Paraskevi Attikis, Athens, Greece
Cancer Res 65:11292-6. 2005..cells which, in contrast to AT cells, exhibit a strong G(2) arrest manifest as an abrupt reduction in the mitotic index. Thus, an active checkpoint facilitates repair of chromosomal breaks in normal cells...
- Assessment and prognostic significance of mitotic index using the mitosis marker phospho-histone H3 in low and intermediate-grade infiltrating astrocytomasHoward Colman
Department of Neuro Oncology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 30:657-64. 2006..pHH3 staining was found to be a simple and reliable method for identifying mitotic figures, allowing a true mitotic index to be determined...
- The mitosis-specific antibody anti-phosphohistone-H3 (PHH3) facilitates rapid reliable grading of meningiomas according to WHO 2000 criteriaTeresa Ribalta
Department of Pathology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 28:1532-6. 2004..PHH3 immunostaining facilitates the rapid reliable grading of meningiomas by focusing attention on the most mitotically active areas and by allowing easy and objective differentiation of MFs from apoptotic nuclei...
- There's more than one way to skin a cat: yet another way to assess mitotic index by cytometryZbigniew Darzynkiewicz
Brander Cancer Research Institute, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York 10595, USA
Cytometry A 73:386-7. 2008
- Diagnostic and prognostic markers for gastrointestinal stromal tumors in NorwaySonja E Steigen
Department of Pathology, Institute of Medical Biology, University of Tromsø, Norway
Mod Pathol 21:46-53. 2008..Expression of p16 was significantly correlated with unfavorable prognosis, whereas L1 expression was not...
- Prognostic differences of World Health Organization-assessed mitotic activity index and mitotic impression by quick scanning in invasive ductal breast cancer patients younger than 55 yearsIvar Skaland
Department of Pathology, Stavanger University Hospital, Box 8100, 4068 Stavanger, Norway
Hum Pathol 39:584-90. 2008....
- Mitotic index does not predict prognosis in stage IA non-small cell lung cancerJohannes M A Daniels
Department of Surgery, VU University Medical Centre, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Lung Cancer 38:163-7. 2002..0007). This was confirmed by multivariate analysis. The mitotic index is not a predictor of prognosis in stage IA NSCLC. Therefore other prognostic factors have to be investigated.
- Pathological prognostic factors in breast cancer. I. The value of histological grade in breast cancer: experience from a large study with long-term follow-up. C. W. Elston & I. O. Ellis. Histopathology 1991; 19; 403-410C W Elston
Department of Histopathology, Nottingham City Hospital NHS Trust, Nottingham, UK
Histopathology 41:151-2, discussion 152-3. 2002
- Breast carcinoma malignancy grading by Bloom-Richardson system vs proliferation index: reproducibility of grade and advantages of proliferation indexJohn S Meyer
St Luke s Hospital, Chesterfield, MO 63017, USA
Mod Pathol 18:1067-78. 2005..b>Mitotic index predicted best when intervals were lowered to 0-2, 3-10, and >10 mitotic figures per ten 0...
- Prolonged oestrogen treatment does not correlate with a sustained increase in anterior pituitary mitotic index in ovariectomized Wistar ratsL A Nolan
Henry Wellcome Laboratories for Integrative Neuroscience and Endocrinology, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
J Endocrinol 200:301-9. 2009..An oestrogen dose-dependent increase in mitotic index was seen 7 days after the start of treatment as expected, representing an acceleration in gross mitotic ..
- Changes in apoptosis and mitotic index, p53 and Ki67 expression in various types of oral leukoplakiaGyorgy Kovesi
Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Periodontology, and Faculty of Medicine, 1st Department of Pathology and Experimental Cancer Research, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Oncology 65:331-6. 2003..Its potential for malignant transformation is unpredictable. The aim of the present study was to provide data about the processes and molecular genetic background of this disease...
- Phosphohistone H3 labelling for histoprognostic grading of breast adenocarcinomas and computer-assisted determination of mitotic indexC Bossard
INSERM, U539, Nantes, France
J Clin Pathol 59:706-10. 2006..As histone H3 phosphorylation at serine 10 is closely linked to chromosomal condensation, a new monoclonal antibody directed to phosphorylated histone H3 (PPH3) was recently proposed to detect mitotic cells...
- Evaluation of P53 protein overexpression, Ki67 proliferative activity and mitotic index as markers of tumour recurrence in superficial transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderP Gontero
Division of Patologia Urologica, University of Torino, Italy
Eur Urol 38:287-96. 2000To confirm the interrelationship between p53, ki67, mitotic index with others known prognostic factors such us stage, grade, multifocality, tumour size, history of recurrence in transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the bladder and to ..
- Expression of Id helix-loop-helix proteins in colorectal adenocarcinoma correlates with p53 expression and mitotic indexJ W Wilson
Cancer Research Campaign Epithelial Biology Group, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital, National Health Service Trust, Manchester M20 4BX, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 61:8803-10. 2001..Expression of Id1 and to a lesser extent of Id2 was correlated with mitotic index (P = 0.005 for Id1; P = 0...
- Clinical and histological correlations in prolactinomas, with special reference to bromocriptine resistanceE Delgrange
Department of Internal Medicine, Mont Godinne Hospital, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Louvain, Belgium
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 147:751-7; discussion 757-8. 2005..The aim of the present study was to determine whether histological features and markers of cell proliferation correlated to the clinical behaviour of prolactinomas and with DA resistance...
- Stage progression in Ta papillary urothelial tumors: relationship to grade, immunohistochemical expression of tumor markers, mitotic frequency and DNA ploidyS Holmang
Department of Urology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
J Urol 165:1124-8; discussion 1128-30. 2001..We determine whether various immunohistochemical and molecular markers could predict tumor progression...
- The importance of mitotic rate as a prognostic factor for localized cutaneous melanomaRaymond L Barnhill
Department of Dermatology, George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
J Cutan Pathol 32:268-73. 2005..When both TU and MR are included in the same analysis, MR appears to be the more important than TU and TU loses its significance as an independent prognostic factor...
- The use of high-content screening for the discovery and characterization of compounds that modulate mitotic index and cell cycle progression by differing mechanisms of actionAmy Barabasz
Serenex, Inc, Durham, NC 27701, USA
Assay Drug Dev Technol 4:153-63. 2006....
- Mitotic index and benefit of adjuvant anthracycline-based chemotherapy in patients with early breast cancerFabrice Andre
Comite 050, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 Rue C Desmoulins, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 23:2996-3000. 2005We have evaluated whether the mitotic index could predict the benefit of adjuvant anthracycline-based chemotherapy in patients with early breast cancer who are eligible for adjuvant chemotherapy according to Saint Gallen guidelines.
- Comparison of bone marrow high mitotic index metaphase fluorescence in situ hybridization to peripheral blood and bone marrow real time quantitative polymerase chain reaction on the International Scale for detecting residual disease in chronic myeloid leuTuija Lundan
Department of Pathology, Laboratory of Molecular Pathology, Haartman Institute and HUSLAB, Helsinki, Finland
Haematologica 93:178-85. 2008....
- Volume-corrected mitotic index as a prognostic factor in oral squamous cell carcinomasY Imai
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, 880 Kita Kobayashi, Mibu, 321 0293, Tochigi, Japan
Oral Oncol 37:72-6. 2001In order to predict the prognosis of patients with oral squamous cell carcinomas, volume-corrected mitotic index (M/V index), as well as histopathological and clinical indices were estimated in 50 oral squamous cell carcinoma tumors...
- Measuring proliferation in breast cancer: practicalities and applicationsMark J Beresford
Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, Northwood, Middlesex, UK
Breast Cancer Res 8:216. 2006..The potential clinical applications of proliferative indices are discussed, including their use as prognostic indicators and predictors of response to systemic therapy...
- Mitotic index and ki-67 nuclear antigen labeling index as predictors of chemotherapy response in uterine cervical carcinomaS Kamoi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nippon Medical School Chiba Hokusoh Hospital, Chiba, Japan
Gynecol Oncol 83:555-9. 2001The aim of this study was to determine if the mitotic index (MI) and the Ki-67 nuclear antigen labeling index (Ki67LI) obtained from biopsy specimens could be used as predictors of chemotherapy response in uterine cervical carcinomas.
- Pathological assessment of pancreatic endocrine tumors for metastatic potential and clinical prognosisNobuyuki Ohike
Division of Pathology, Showa University Hospital, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Endocr Pathol 16:33-40. 2005The prognostic significance of several pathological factors (tumor size, mitotic index, Ki-67 labeling index, and vascular invasion) and expression of exocrine markers (CA19-9, CEA, AFP, and trypsin) in pancreatic endocrine tumors was ..
- EGFR LI and Ki-67 LI are independent prognostic parameters influencing survivals of surgically treated squamous cell lung cancer patientsJ Niemiec
Laboratory of Radiation Biology, Centre of Oncology, Krakow, Poland
Neoplasma 52:231-7. 2005..The Ki-67 labeling index (Ki-67 LI), EGFR labeling index (EGFR LI), and mitotic index (MI) were analyzed in the group of 78 consecutive, surgically treated squamous cell lung cancer (SqCLC) ..
- Grading invasive ductal carcinoma of the breast: advantages of using automated proliferation index instead of mitotic countOssama Tawfik
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Kansas University Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Virchows Arch 450:627-36. 2007..Distinction among the different histologic grades for overall survival curves was better indicated by the N+P than the SBR system...
- Criteria for malignancy in gastrointestinal endocrine tumorsCesare Bordi
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Section of Anatomic Pathology, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Endocr Pathol 17:119-29. 2006....
- Characterization of glioblastomas in young adultsB K Kleinschmidt-Demasters
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Brain Pathol 16:273-86. 2006..GBMs in young adults are a more inhomogeneous tumor group than GBMs occurring in older adult patients and show features that overlap with both pediatric and adult GBMs...
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors: usefulness of immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry and fluorescence in situ hybridizationMaria Grazia Fontana
First Department of Surgery, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:1754-9. 2007..This retrospective study evaluated a series of GIST by means of immunohistochemical techniques, flow cytometry and fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH)...
- Lactoferrin immunoexpression in endometrial carcinomas: relationships with sex steroid hormone receptors (ER and PR), proliferation indices (Ki-67 and AgNOR) and survivalGiuseppe Giuffre
Department of Human Pathology, University of Messina, A O U Policlinico G Martino, I 98125 Messina, Italy
Oncol Rep 16:257-63. 2006..The utilization of Lf as a prognostic marker, able to identify patients at different risk of death, or alternatively, its clinical application as therapeutic agent, must be considered with great caution...
- Prognostic indicatorsAtom Sarkar
J Neurosurg 105:161-2; discussion 162. 2006
- Correlation of subjective self-reported melanoma growth rate with objective tumor proliferation markersWenyuan Liu
Arch Dermatol 144:555-6. 2008
- Proliferation (MIB-1 expression) in oligodendrogliomas: assessment of quantitative methods and prognostic significanceKathleen E Coleman
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 14:109-14. 2006..by all three techniques correlated significantly with each other; visual and CAS-200 PI correlated with mitotic index. Overall and disease-free survivals were similar for patients with PIs above and below the mean by both image ..
- Prognostic evaluation of proliferative activity and DNA content in the phyllodes tumor of the breast: immunohistochemical and flow cytometric study of 118 casesA Niezabitowski
Department of Tumor Pathology, Center of Oncology, Cracow, Poland
Breast Cancer Res Treat 65:77-85. 2001..Expression of the p53 protein in tumor cells could be also useful when the percentage of cells and intensity of expression are considered...
- Genotoxicity and cell death induced by tinidazole (TNZ)M M López Nigro
Citogenética Humana y Genética Toxicológica, Instituto de Fisiolopatología y Bioquímica Clínica, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Junin 956, 1113 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Toxicol Lett 180:46-52. 2008..The endpoints analyzed included: mitotic index (MI), replication index (RI), sister chromatid exchange (SCE) and chromosomal aberrations (CA)...
- Histopathology, cell proliferation indices and clinical outcome in 304 patients with mantle cell lymphoma (MCL): a clinicopathological study from the European MCL NetworkMarkus Tiemann
Department of Haematopathology and Lymph Node Registry, University Hospitals of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Br J Haematol 131:29-38. 2005..Based on this large clinicopathological study of prospective clinical trials, multivariate analysis confirmed the central prognostic role of cell proliferation and its superiority to all other histomorphological and clinical criteria...
- Serosal penetration is an important prognostic factor for gastrointestinal stromal tumorsD Vallbohmer
Department of Visceral and Vascular Surgery, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Oncol Rep 20:779-83. 2008..Since our data are merely hypothesis-generating, serosal penetration should be evaluated in large prospective databases...
- [Size and proliferative index correlation in acoustic neuromas]Oswaldo Inácio de Tella
Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Hospital Professor Edmundo Vasconcelos, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 64:72-6. 2006..The size of the tumors were positively correlationated with proliferative index. No other correlation had statistic significativity...
- Adenoid cystic carcinoma of the trachea and bronchus--a clinicopathologic study with DNA flow cytometric analysis and oncogene expressionChih Ming Lin
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Taipei Veterans General Hospital and National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 22:621-5. 2002..Thus, DNA flow cytometric analysis and biomarkers of p53, HER-2/neu and COX-2 for tracheobronchial ACC were investigated in order to evaluate their clinicopathological significance...
- Proliferative activity in primary breast carcinomas is a salient prognostic factorJean Jacques Michels
Department of Pathology, Centre Francois Baclesse, Caen, France
Cancer 100:455-64. 2004....
- In lymph node-negative invasive breast carcinomas, specific chromosomal aberrations are strongly associated with high mitotic activity and predict outcome more accurately than grade, tumour diameter, and oestrogen receptorEmiel A M Janssen
Department of Pathology, Central Hospital for Rogaland, Stavanger, Norway
J Pathol 201:555-61. 2003..In conclusion, loss of 1p is associated with a high MAI. A gain of 3q is a stronger predictor of recurrence than grade, MAI, and other features in invasive breast cancers...
- Evidence that human cardiac myocytes divide after myocardial infarctionA P Beltrami
Department of Medicine, New York Medical College, Valhalla 10595, USA
N Engl J Med 344:1750-7. 2001..The fraction of myocyte nuclei that were undergoing mitosis was determined, and the mitotic index (the ratio of the number of nuclei undergoing mitosis to the number not undergoing mitosis) was calculated...
- Prognostic relevance of activated Akt kinase in node-negative breast cancer: a clinicopathological study of 99 casesKlaus Jürgen Schmitz
Institute of Pathology, University of Essen, Germany
Mod Pathol 17:15-21. 2004....
- Comparison of cell proliferation in the centre and advancing fronts of oral squamous cell carcinomas using Ki-67 indexU Dissanayake
Department of Oral Pathology, Faculty of Dental Sciences, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
Cell Prolif 36:255-64. 2003..In squamous carcinomas, increased and uncontrolled cell proliferation at the invasive front may be one feature contributory to the invasion...
- [Anneroth, Batsakis and Luna's modified classification as prognostic factor in patients with laryngeal carcinoma]Katarzyna Starska
Katedra Otolaryngologii i Klinika Laryngologii UM w Łodzi
Otolaryngol Pol 57:229-35. 2003....
- Correlation between Bcl-2 protein expression and some clinicopathological features of oral squamous cell carcinomaMariola Sulkowska
Department of Clinical Pathology, Medical University of Białystok
Pol J Pathol 54:49-52. 2003..005), higher tumor mitotic index (p<0.005), higher index of atypical mitoses (p<0...
- CHOLESTEROL & PLAQUE RUPTURE--WOMEN AND PLAQUE EROSIONRenu Virmani; Fiscal Year: 2001..In addition, analysis of plaque morphology in the animal model proposed in Project 4 will be carried out in project 1. ..
- Positron Emission Tomography in Prostate CancerFarrokh Dehdashti; Fiscal Year: 2008..PET may also contribute significant prognostic information that may affect the decision to administer early adjuvant therapy to delay or prevent recurrence. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Zebrafish Peripheral Sympathetic Nervous System Development and NeuroblastomaRANI GEORGE; Fiscal Year: 2008..Insight into the proteins encoded by such modifier genes may lead to the discovery of genes that could serve as novel drug targets for the treatment of older children with advanced disease. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SUBMACULAR SURGERY TRIALS PATHOLOGY CENTERHans Grossniklaus; Fiscal Year: 2003..Additionally, eyes obtained post-mortem from patients enrolled in the SST will be studied for pathologic correlation with clinical findings and outcomes. ..
- Gene Gun Technology, Opioids, and Corneal DiseasesIAN ZAGON; Fiscal Year: 2003..Ultimately, such data can be employed to design molecular strategies to remedy visual dysfunction. ..
- Control of Eye Melanoma MetastsisHans E Grossniklaus; Fiscal Year: 2010..The third aim determines the mechanism of combined angiostatin/IFN control of the micrometastases using methods in the first two aims. ..
- Control of Eye Melanoma MetastasisHans Grossniklaus; Fiscal Year: 2003..Both the IFN and angiostatin will prevent the progression of micrometastases into metastases by anti-angiogenesis. Angiostatin will prevent metastases by an anti-melanoma invasion effect. ..
- Regulation of Wound Healing by Opioid Growth FactorRonald Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2005..Furthermore, if our hypothesis is proven, manipulation of the endogenous OGF system represents a potential chemotherapeutic modality for the management of wounds. ..
- Vaso-occlusive Mechanisms that Induce Hypoxia and Cause Glioma Progression.Daniel J Brat; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal introduces entirely novel concepts that may explain the highly aggressive properties of GBM and suggests therapeutic approaches that could potentially stabilize its progression. ..
- Promoting Colon Cancer Screening in High-Risk FamiliesDennis Ahnen; Fiscal Year: 2008..When completed, this would be the first study to target these high-risk populations for CRC screening and the first study to target colonoscopy as the screening test of choice. ..
- Effects of intracellular angiotensin IIJulia Cook; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Plasma resistance factors in Biomphalaria glabrataJohn Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2002..This proposal seeks to further characterize passively transferred resistance to S. mansoni and to identify the relevant plasma resistance factor(s). ..
- Mechanisms of Ocular Surface Cell MovementTakayuki Nagasaki; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is hoped that these findings will eventually lead to better management of diseases and injuries of the ocular surface, as well as successful engineering of artificial ocular surface. ..
- Admixture Mapping of Sarcoidosis Genes in African AmericanBenjamin Rybicki; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our proposed study has the potential to uncover genes of modest effect not easily detectable by linkage and may in some instances actually be more statistically powerful than traditional case-control association methods. ..
- WOUND HEALING IN THE CORNEAL STROMATakayuki Nagasaki; Fiscal Year: 2003..Since the reactions of cells to injury in all tissues is likely to be similar, the results should have a wide significance. ..
- Plaque Progression, Apoptosis and InflammationRenu Virmani; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Intravascular Thrombosis in GlioblastomaDaniel Brat; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our emerging model represents a paradigm shift in the understanding of GBM and should lead directly to more effective therapies. ..
- Comparative DNA Microarray Analysis of Brain TumorsDaniel Brat; Fiscal Year: 2006....