Genomes and Genes
Summary: Any process by which toxicity, metabolism, absorption, elimination, preferred route of administration, safe dosage range, etc., for a drug or group of drugs is determined through clinical assessment in humans or veterinary animals.
Publications250 found, 100 shown here
- Efficacy and safety of botulinum type A toxin (Dysport) in cervical dystonia: results of the first US randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyDaniel Truong
The Parkinson s and Movement Disorders Institute, Fountain Valley, California 92708, USA
Mov Disord 20:783-91. 2005..These results confirm previous reports that Dysport (500 units) is safe, effective, and well-tolerated in patients with cervical dystonia...
- Advances in establishment and analysis of three-dimensional tumor spheroid-based functional assays for target validation and drug evaluationMaria Vinci
Cancer Research UK Cancer Therapeutics Unit, The Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, UK
BMC Biol 10:29. 2012..However, most currently available three-dimensional techniques are time consuming and/or lack reproducibility; thus standardized and rapid protocols are urgently needed...
- Association of funding and conclusions in randomized drug trials: a reflection of treatment effect or adverse events?Bodil Als-Nielsen
The Copenhagen Trial Unit, Center for Clinical Intervention Research, Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
JAMA 290:921-8. 2003..Previous studies indicate that industry-sponsored trials tend to draw proindustry conclusions...
- Impact of document type on reporting quality of clinical drug trials: a comparison of registry reports, clinical study reports, and journal publicationsBeate Wieseler
Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Health Care, Dillenburger Strasse 27, 51105 Cologne, Germany
BMJ 344:d8141. 2012..To investigate to what extent three types of documents for reporting clinical trials provide sufficient information for trial evaluation...
- Applications of accelerator MS in pediatric drug evaluationL T Vuong
Vitalea Science, Inc, Davis, CA 95618, USA
Bioanalysis 4:1871-82. 2012..The technology is by no means a panacea for the deficiency in pediatric clinical research; however, it lessens the challenges and provides the most quantitative tool for pediatric pharmacology studies...
- Geriatric drug evaluation: where are we now and where should we be in the future?Seongeun Cho
Office of Clinical Pharmacology, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, MD 20993, USA
Arch Intern Med 171:937-40. 2011....
- NK-cell activity in immunotoxicity drug evaluationKarin Cederbrant
Department of Molecular Toxicology Immunotoxicology, Safety Assessment, AstraZeneca R and D Sodertalje, SE 151 85, Sodertalje, Sweden
Toxicology 185:241-50. 2003..However, a new flow-cytometric assay, adapted for rat peripheral blood, does not require dedicated groups of animals, offers the possibility of repeated testing, and shows at least as sensitive as the conventional 51Cr-release assay...
- An update on the use of insulin detemir, with a focus on type 2 diabetes (drug evaluation update)Athena Philis-Tsimikas
Scripps Whittier Diabetes Institute, 9894 Genesee Avenue, Suite 316, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 9:2181-95. 2008..This article reviews new evidence, in particular on the weight-sparing effect of detemir and its use in type 2 diabetes...
- Drug evaluation: apilimod, an oral IL-12/IL-23 inhibitor for the treatment of autoimmune diseases and common variable immunodeficiencyAndreas Billich
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Brunner Strasse 59, A 1235 Wien, Austria
IDrugs 10:53-9. 2007..From the data available to date, apilimod appears to be a promising treatment for CD, and the oral formulation of this compound provides an advantage for apilimod over injectable therapies...
- Azacitidine for the treatment of lower risk myelodysplastic syndromes : a retrospective study of 74 patients enrolled in an Italian named patient programPellegrino Musto
Unit of Hematology and Stem Cell Transplantation, IRCCS, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico della Basilicata, via Padre Pio 1, 85028 Rionero in Vulture, Potenza, Italy
Cancer 116:1485-94. 2010..However, limited data are available concerning the efficacy and safety of azacitidine in patients who have lower risk MDS...
- Evidence b(i)ased medicine--selective reporting from studies sponsored by pharmaceutical industry: review of studies in new drug applicationsHans Melander
Medical Products Agency, Box 23, S 751 03 Uppsala, Sweden
BMJ 326:1171-3. 2003..To investigate the relative impact on publication bias caused by multiple publication, selective publication, and selective reporting in studies sponsored by pharmaceutical companies...
- Keeping science on top in drug evaluationJerry Avorn
Harvard Medical School and Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics at Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, USA
N Engl J Med 357:633-5. 2007
- Drug evaluation: VX-702, a MAP kinase inhibitor for rheumatoid arthritis and acute coronary syndromeChanghai Ding
Menzies Research Institute, University of Tasmania, Hobart, Tasmania 7000, Australia
Curr Opin Investig Drugs 7:1020-5. 2006..In June 2005, a phase II clinical trial of VX-702 was initiated in rheumatoid arthritis. In July 2006, Vertex was planning to file an IND in the second half of 2006...
- Completeness of safety reporting in randomized trials: an evaluation of 7 medical areasJ P Ioannidis
Clinical Trials and Evidence-Based Medicine Unit, Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology, University of Ioannina School of Medicine, Ioannina, Greece
JAMA 285:437-43. 2001..Current standards for safety reporting in randomized trials should be revised to address this inadequacy...
- Sustained clinical efficacy of sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine for uncomplicated falciparum malaria in Malawi after 10 years as first line treatment: five year prospective studyChristopher V Plowe
Malaria Section, Center for Vaccine Development, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 685 West Baltimore Street, HSF1 480, Baltimore, MD 21044, USA
BMJ 328:545. 2004..To measure the efficacy of sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine treatment of falciparum malaria in Malawi from 1998 to 2002, after a change from chloroquine to sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine as first line treatment in that country in 1993...
- Efficacy and safety of clemastine-pseudoephedrine-acetaminophen versus pseudoephedrine-acetaminophen in the treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitis in a 1-day, placebo-controlled park studyEli O Meltzer
Allergy and Asthma Medical Group and Research Center, San Diego, California, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 90:79-86. 2003..Patients with allergic rhinitis have a wide range of symptoms that are often treated with oral combination products that contain antihistamines, decongestants, and analgesics...
- Safety of olanzapine versus conventional antipsychotics in the treatment of patients with acute schizophrenia. A naturalistic studyEnrique Alvarez
Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 13:39-48. 2003..This study was designed to assess the safety and effectiveness of olanzapine compared to typical antipsychotics drugs in the treatment of schizophrenic inpatients at acute psychiatric in-patient units...
- [Treatment of febrile neutropenia episodes in children, with a piperacillin-tazobactam and netilmicin combination]F Fouyssac
Service d hÃ©mato oncologie pÃ©diatrique, hÃ´pital d enfants, CHU de Nancy, 54500 Vandoeuvre LÃ¨s Nancy, France
Med Mal Infect 35:357-62. 2005..The authors had for aim to assess the effectiveness and toxicity of a piperacillin-tazobactam-netilmicin combination, and the possibility of avoiding using glycopeptide, in children with febrile neutropenic episodes induced by chemotherapy...
- Effects of rosiglitazone alone and in combination with atorvastatin on the metabolic abnormalities in type 2 diabetes mellitusMartin I Freed
GlaxoSmithKline, Collegeville, Pennsylvania 19426, USA
Am J Cardiol 90:947-52. 2002....
- A randomized, double-blind, crossover study of once-daily dexmethylphenidate in children with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: rapid onset of effectMatthew Brams
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77019, USA
CNS Drugs 22:693-704. 2008..5 hours post-dose on the Swanson, Kotkin, Agler, M-Flynn and Pelham (SKAMP) rating scale...
- The CYP2C9 genotype predicts the blood pressure response to irbesartan: results from the Swedish Irbesartan Left Ventricular Hypertrophy Investigation vs Atenolol (SILVHIA) trialPar Hallberg
Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
J Hypertens 20:2089-93. 2002..However, its influence on clinical response to treatment with the AT(1) receptor antagonist, irbesartan, has not been investigated...
- A dosing algorithm for converting from valproate monotherapy to lamotrigine monotherapy in patients with epilepsyMark E Sale
Pharmacokinetic Modeling and Simulation, GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
Epilepsy Behav 6:63-70. 2005....
- Infliximab efficacy and safety against refractory systemic necrotising vasculitides: long-term follow-up of 15 patientsL Josselin
Department of Internal Medicine, Hopital Cochin, 27, rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75679 Paris Cedex 14, France
Ann Rheum Dis 67:1343-6. 2008..However, its safety and ability to induce and maintain remission over the long term remain unknown...
- Initial angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor/calcium channel blocker combination therapy achieves superior blood pressure control compared with calcium channel blocker monotherapy in patients with stage 2 hypertensionKenneth A Jamerson
Division of Hypertension, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 481009, USA
Am J Hypertens 17:495-501. 2004....
- Escalating immunotherapy of multiple sclerosis--new aspects and practical applicationP Rieckmann
Dept of Neurology, Josef Schneider Str 11, 97080, Wurzburg, Germany
J Neurol 251:1329-39. 2004..Moreover, in long-term treated patients, secondary treatment failure should be identified by pre-planned follow-up examinations, and other treatment options should then be considered...
- Efficacy and safety of Losigamone in partial seizures: a randomized double-blind studyM Baulac
Epilepsy Unit, INSERM 0224, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, 91, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Epilepsy Res 55:177-89. 2003..Over the last 4 weeks of treatment, the incidence of adverse events in the LSG groups was close to the placebo level. Based on the study's results, LSG is an effective and safe add-on drug for refractory partial epilepsy in adults...
- Tolcapone: a review of its use in the management of Parkinson's diseaseGillian M Keating
Adis International Limited, Mairangi Bay, Auckland, New Zealand
CNS Drugs 19:165-84. 2005..Thus, tolcapone is a useful option in patients with fluctuating Parkinson's disease who are receiving levodopa/DDCI and are not responding to, or are not candidates for, other adjunctive treatments...
- Double-blind, placebo-controlled, unforced titration parallel trial of quetiapine for dopaminergic-induced hallucinations in Parkinson's diseaseWilliam G Ondo
Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mov Disord 20:958-63. 2005..Larger doses of drug and greater sample sizes might be considered in future studies...
- Zotepine versus placebo in the treatment of schizophrenic patients with stable primary negative symptoms: a randomized double-blind multicenter trialH J Moller
Department of Psychiatry, Ludwig Maximilians University, Nussbaumstrasse 7, 80336 Munich, Germany
Pharmacopsychiatry 37:270-8. 2004..Zotepine, a D (2)5HT (2A) antagonist, was compared to placebo in this clinical trial to address these issues...
- Importance of benefit-to-risk assessment for disease-modifying drugs used to treat MSGordon S Francis
J Neurol 251:v42-v49. 2004....
- Efficacy and safety of levetiracetam: an add-on trial in children with refractory epilepsyS Grosso
Pediatrics Department, University of Siena, Ospedale Santa Maria alle Scotte, Via M Bracci, 53100 Siena, Italy
Seizure 14:248-53. 2005..Our preliminary data also indicate that levetiracetam may be a valid therapeutic option for epilepsy in infants and young children...
- The benefits and risks associated with cholinesterase inhibitor therapy in Alzheimer's diseaseSarah Thompson
Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, Department of Psychiatry, Rm FG 05, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, ON, M4N 3M5, Canada
Expert Opin Drug Saf 3:425-40. 2004..Further study is needed to examine other indications for ChEIs, as well as their combination with newer treatments, such as memantine...
- An open-label study of levetiracetam at individualised doses between 1000 and 3000 mg day(-1) in adult patients with refractory epilepsyB Abou-Khalil
Department of Neurology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
Seizure 12:141-9. 2003..The primary aim of this study was to measure the safety and tolerability of LEV individualised dosing in a heterogeneous refractory epilepsy population...
- Clinical experience of marketed Levetiracetam in an epilepsy clinic-a one year follow up studyTim Betts
Birmingham University Seizure Clinic, Queen Elizabeth Psychiatric Hospital, Birmingham, B15 2QZ, UK
Seizure 12:136-40. 2003..Our audit of its use and effectiveness has led us to position it as our first choice add-on drug if the initial monotherapy drug fails...
- Once-daily, controlled-release tramadol and sustained-release diclofenac relieve chronic pain due to osteoarthritis: a randomized controlled trialA D Beaulieu
Centre de Rhumatologie St Louis, Ste Foy, Canada
Pain Res Manag 13:103-10. 2008..The present study was a randomized, parallel, double-blind comparison between controlled-release (CR) tramadol and sustained-release (SR) diclofenac in patients with chronic pain due to osteoarthritis of the hips and/or knees...
- Botulinum toxin type A and divalproex sodium for prophylactic treatment of episodic or chronic migraineAndrew M Blumenfeld
The Neurology Center, Encinitas, CA 92024, USA
Headache 48:210-20. 2008..To compare the efficacy and safety of botulinum toxin type A (BoNTA; BOTOX: Allergan, Inc.) and divalproex sodium (DVPX; DEPAKOTE: Abbott Laboratories) as prophylaxis in reducing disability and impact associated with migraine...
- Initial experience with routine administration of etanercept in psoriasisM de Groot
Department of Dermatology A0 252, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, PO Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Dermatol 155:808-14. 2006....
- The Prevention of Recurrent Episodes of Depression with Venlafaxine for Two Years (PREVENT) study: outcomes from the acute and continuation phasesMartin B Keller
Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02906, USA
Biol Psychiatry 62:1371-9. 2007..We evaluated the comparative efficacy and safety of venlafaxine extended release (ER) and fluoxetine in the acute and continuation phases of treatment...
- Tolerability and pharmacokinetics of the nitrone NXY-059 in patients with acute strokeK R Lees
University Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Western Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
Stroke 32:675-80. 2001..Population pharmacokinetic analysis estimated clearance to be 4.6 L/h. CONCLUSIONS: NXY-059 was well tolerated in patients with an acute stroke. The testing of higher doses in future trials may be justified...
- Long-term subcutaneous interferon beta-1a therapy in patients with relapsing-remitting MSL Kappos
University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Neurology 67:944-53. 2006..c.) interferon (IFN) beta-1a in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS)...
- A joined analysis of two European Organization for the Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) studies to evaluate the role of pegylated liposomal doxorubicin (Caelyx) in the treatment of elderly patients with metastatic breast cancerLaura Biganzoli
Sandro Pitigliani Medical Oncology Unit, Department of Oncology, Hospital of Prato, Prato, Italy
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 61:84-9. 2007..The higher therapeutic index of Caelyx 50 mg/m(2) every 4 weeks makes it, of the two dose schedules investigated, the preferred regimen in the elderly...
- [Clinical efficacy of moxifloxacin in the treatment of exacerbations of chronic bronchitis: a systematic review and meta-analysis]Marc Miravitlles
Servei de Pneumologia, Institut Clínic del Tòrax IDIBAPS, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Espana
Arch Bronconeumol 43:22-8. 2007..Our objective was to compare the clinical efficacy of moxifloxacin to that of the antibiotic regimens routinely used to treat such exacerbations by a systematic review of the literature and a meta-analysis...
- Rituximab monotherapy is highly effective in splenic marginal zone lymphomaC Kalpadakis
First Department of Internal Medicine, National Kapodistrian University of Athens, Laikon University Hospital, Athens, Greece
Hematol Oncol 25:127-31. 2007..No deaths were recorded during the follow-up period. Therapy was well tolerated. The present study demonstrates that rituximab is an effective treatment for SMZL and could be considered as a substitute or alternative to splenectomy...
- [A descriptive study of erythropoietin use and cost in hematologic patients]A Pelufo Pellicer
Servicio de Farmacia, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Farm Hosp 30:343-50. 2006....
- Clinical evaluation of novel bisphosphonate dosing regimens in osteoporosis: the role of comparative studies and implications for future studiesFelicia Cosman
Helen Hayes Hospital, West Haverstraw, New York 10993, USA
Clin Ther 29:1116-27. 2007..Although a number of trial designs can be used to consider the efficacy of therapy, comparing the efficacy of different regimens should only be undertaken in purposefully designed head-to-head studies...
- Topiramate as add-on drug in children, adolescents and young adults with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome: an Italian multicentric studyGiangennaro Coppola
Clinic of Child Neuropsychiatry, Department of Pediatrics, Second University of Naples, Via Pansini, 5, 80131, Naples, Italy
Epilepsy Res 51:147-53. 2002..In conclusion, TPM adjunctive therapy reduced the number of drop attacks and major motor seizures in 40% of patients with LGS and produced only mild or moderate adverse events...
- Efficacy of Venlafaxine ER in patients with social anxiety disorder: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group comparison with paroxetineChrister Allgulander
Karolinska Institutet, The Neurotec Department, Section of Psychiatry, Stockholm, Sweden
Hum Psychopharmacol 19:387-96. 2004..Both active treatments were generally well tolerated and were associated with a similar incidence of adverse events. This study shows that venlafaxine ER is an effective, safe and well-tolerated drug treatment for SAD...
- Association between pharmaceutical involvement and outcomes in breast cancer clinical trialsJeffrey Peppercorn
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Cancer 109:1239-46. 2007..In this study, the authors sought to evaluate the impact of this shift in funding from public to private sponsors on the nature of published breast cancer clinical research...
- Adjunctive lamotrigine for partial seizures in patients aged 1 to 24 monthsJ E Piña-Garza
Vanderbilt University, Children s Hospital at Vanderbilt, Nashville, TN 37232 9559, USA
Neurology 70:2099-108. 2008..This randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial was conducted to assess the efficacy and tolerability of adjunctive lamotrigine for the treatment of partial seizures in infants aged 1 to 24 months...
- [Evaluation of antiretroviral therapy in HIV-infected adults in the Department of Haematology, University Hospital of Brazzavllle, Congo]A Elira Dokekias
Service hématologie, CHU Brazzaville, BP 13027 RP, Brazzaville, Congo
Bull Soc Pathol Exot 101:109-12. 2008....
- A retrospective postlicensure survey of FEIBA efficacy and safetyD Dimichele
New York Presbyterian Weill Cornell Center, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY 10021, USA
Haemophilia 12:352-62. 2006..Results indicated that FEIBA was safe and effective in acute, surgical, and prophylactic treatment settings, supporting the utility of FEIBA as a treatment option for patients with inhibitors. However, prospective studies are advised...
- Safety and efficacy of abciximab combined with dalteparin in treatment of acute coronary syndromesS James
Department of Cardiology, Thoraxcenter, Academic Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Eur Heart J 23:1538-45. 2002..The safety and efficacy of abciximab in addition to low-molecular-weight-heparin as the primary medical treatment of acute coronary syndromes has not previously been investigated...
- Efficacy and safety of the fixed combinations latanoprost/timolol versus dorzolamide/timolol in patients with elevated intraocular pressureDong H Shin
Kresge Eye Institute, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Ophthalmology 111:276-82. 2004..To compare the efficacy and safety of the fixed combination of latanoprost and timolol with those of the fixed combination of dorzolamide and timolol in patients with elevated intraocular pressure (IOP)...
- Effect of combination therapy with simvastatin and carvedilol in patients with left ventricular dysfunction complicated with acute myocardial infarction who underwent percutaneous coronary interventionYoung Joon Hong
The Heart Center of Chonnam National University Hospital, Chonnam National University Research Institute of Medical Sciences, Gwangju, Korea
Circ J 70:1269-74. 2006..This study assessed the effects of combination therapy with simvastatin and carvedilol on clinical outcome in patients with left ventricular (LV) dysfunction after acute myocardial infarction (AMI)...
- Safety of the concomitant use of caspofungin and cyclosporin A in patients with invasive fungal infectionsC Sanz-Rodriguez
Department of Clinical Research, Merck Sharp and Dohme of Spain, Madrid, Spain
Bone Marrow Transplant 34:13-20. 2004..In this study of a limited number of patients, the coadministration of caspofungin and CsA was generally well tolerated...
- Whole brain irradiation and temozolomide based chemotherapy in melanoma brain metastasesCarlos Conill
Department of Radiation Oncology, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 8:266-70. 2006..The objective was to evaluate the potential benefit in survival of two different schedules of total dose and fractionation (20 Gy/5 fractions vs 30 Gy/10 fractions) and further TMZ based chemotherapy...
- Latanoprost and timolol combination therapy vs monotherapy: one-year randomized trialEve J Higginbotham
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 419 W Redwood St, Suite 580, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 120:915-22. 2002..To compare the efficacy and safety of a fixed combination of 0.005% latanoprost and 0.5% timolol maleate administered once daily vs monotherapy with either 0.005% latanoprost once daily or 0.5% timolol twice daily...
- Safety and potential efficacy of low-dose methotrexate for treatment of chronic graft-versus-host diseaseL Giaccone
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 36:337-41. 2005..From this preliminary analysis, MTX appears to be a well-tolerated, inexpensive and possibly steroid-sparing agent that is worthy of further evaluation in prospective trials for treatment of chronic GVHD...
- Results of two clinical trials on the safety and efficacy of pravastatin 80 and 160 mg per dayRobert S Rosenson
Department of Medicine, The Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Am J Cardiol 91:878-81. 2003
- Efficacy and safety of the factor VIII/von Willebrand factor concentrate, haemate-P/humate-P: ristocetin cofactor unit dosing in patients with von Willebrand diseaseD Lillicrap
Department of Pathology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Thromb Haemost 87:224-30. 2002..The findings in this study confirm the safety and efficacy of Haemate-P/Humate-P using VWF:RCo dosing in pediatric and adult patients with various types of VWD...
- Comparative efficacy and safety of nisoldipine extended-release (ER) and amlodipine (CESNA-III study) in African American patients with hypertensionWilliam B White
Section of Hypertension and Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, 263 Farmngton Avenue, Farmington, CT 06032, USA
Am J Hypertens 16:739-45. 2003....
- One-year treatment with standard and sustained-release levodopa: appropriate long-term treatment of restless legs syndrome?Claudia Trenkwalder
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Munich, Germany
Mov Disord 18:1184-9. 2003....
- Effects of alteplase beyond 3 h after stroke in the Echoplanar Imaging Thrombolytic Evaluation Trial (EPITHET): a placebo-controlled randomised trialStephen M Davis
Department of Neurology, Royal Melbourne Hospital, University of Melbourne, Australia
Lancet Neurol 7:299-309. 2008..We aimed to test whether alteplase given 3-6 h after stroke onset promotes reperfusion and attenuates infarct growth in patients who have a mismatch in perfusion-weighted MRI (PWI) and diffusion-weighted MRI (DWI)...
- Lamotrigine therapy in patients requiring a change in antiepileptic drug regimenRobert P Kustra
Epilepsy Clinical Development, GlaxoSmithKline, P O Box 13398, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Seizure 14:254-61. 2005..Open-label studies conducted in the clinic setting may provide additional drug tolerability and effectiveness information that may not be evident in pre-approval clinical trials...
- Three-day magnesium administration prevents atrial fibrillation after coronary artery bypass graftingHiroki Kohno
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Sakakibara Heart Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 79:117-26. 2005..The purpose of this study was to assess the effect of 3-day postoperative infusion of magnesium on postoperative atrial fibrillation and to find factors that can influence the efficacy of this treatment...
- The significance of prestroke aspirin dosage in fatal outcome of acute strokeYair Lampl
Department of Neurology, Edith Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel
Clin Neuropharmacol 28:55-9. 2005..The association between the pretreatment aspirin dosage and fatal outcome among these treated patient groups has not been analyzed previously...
- Preoperative aspirin therapy is associated with improved postoperative outcomes in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass graftingKevin A Bybee
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN, USA
Circulation 112:I286-92. 2005..Aspirin is beneficial in the setting of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. There are limited data evaluating preoperative aspirin administration preceding coronary artery bypass grafting and associated postoperative outcomes...
- Long-term survival of non-elderly patients with severe heart failure treated with angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors assessment of treatment with captopril and enalapril survival study (ACESS)Chien Ming Huang
Department of Medicine, Cheng Hsin Medical Center, Taipei, Republic of China
Circ J 66:886-90. 2002..Additional prospective large studies are necessary to verify the relationship observed here between the optimal dosage as well as the duration of action of different ACEIs and their outcomes...
- Effectiveness of intranasal zolmitriptan in acute cluster headache: a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind crossover studyElizabeth Cittadini
Institute of Neurology, The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen Square, London, England
Arch Neurol 63:1537-42. 2006..Cluster headache is a form of primary headache in which attacks are rapid in onset with very severe pain. The mainstays of acute therapy are inhaled oxygen and sumatriptan succinate injection...
- Tolerability of NXY-059 at higher target concentrations in patients with acute strokeK R Lees
University Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Western Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
Stroke 34:482-7. 2003....
- Safety of dexamphetamine in acute ischemic stroke: a randomized, double-blind, controlled dose-escalation trialLouise Martinsson
Institution of Clinical Neurosciences, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Stroke 34:475-81. 2003..Limited information is available on treatment safety. This study intended to investigate the safety and tolerability of dexamphetamine in patients with acute cerebral ischemia...
- Phacoemulsification in patients with previous trabeculectomy: role of 5-fluorouracilT K Sharma
Wolverhampton Eye Infirmary, Wolverhampton, UK
Eye (Lond) 21:780-3. 2007..This study was carried out to evaluate the protective role of subconjunctival 5-FU on the pre-existing bleb from trabeculectomy in patients undergoing phacoemulsification...
- Regulatory issues of importance to developing anti-HIV therapeuticsK L Hastings
Division of Antiviral Drug Products, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, United States Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, Maryland 20857, USA
Toxicol Pathol 24:278-80. 1996..HIV-related diseases are reviewed by the Division of Anti-Viral Drug Products (DAVDP) within the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research...
- Safety assessment programs for U.S. regulatory agencies: a perspective of requirements and complianceR A Bendele
NeXagen, Inc, Boulder, Colorado 80301
Toxicol Pathol 22:95-104. 1994..the Environmental Protection Agency and for components of the Food and Drug Administration, including the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, and the Center for Veterinary Medicine.
- The effects of streptozotocin-induced hypoinsulinemia on serum lipid levels in spontaneously hyperlipidemic ratsH Nakura
Department of Pharmacology, St. Marianna University School of Medicine, Kawasaki, Japan
Horm Metab Res 29:454-7. 1997..The STZ-treated HLR showed the extremely hyperlipidemic state and this animal might be useful in experiments for the development of atherosclerosis or the drug evaluation for the agents used in hyperlipidemia.
- The efficiency of anti-activated factor X and anti-activated factor II anticoagulantsThomas W Stief
Department of Clinical Chemistry, University Hospital Giessen and Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 18:265-9. 2007..e. if about 0.1 IU/ml thrombin are inactivated, then thrombin cannot self-amplify its generation 10-fold). The efficiency of any clinically used plasmatic anticoagulant can be monitored in the EXCA...
- Role of aldosterone blockade in heart failureBertram Pitt
University of Michigan School of Medicine, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0366, USA
Heart Fail Clin 1:49-56. 2005
- Phase 1/2 trial of BMS-275291 in patients with human immunodeficiency virus-related Kaposi sarcoma: a multicenter trial of the AIDS Malignancy ConsortiumBrett T Brinker
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University and the Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Cancer 112:1083-8. 2008....
- Efficacy and safety of 30 mg/d and 45 mg/d nemifitide compared to placebo in major depressive disorderStuart A Montgomery
Imperial College School of Medicine, London, UK
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 9:517-28. 2006..Nemifitide showed a good tolerability and safety profile. There were no dropouts due to adverse events, and the incidence of side-effects with nemifitide was comparable with that of placebo...
- Acaricidal and repellent properties of permethrin, its role in reducing transmission of vector-borne pathogensN Mencke
Bayer HealthCare AG, Animal Health Division, Leverkusen, Germany
Parassitologia 48:139-40. 2006..To achieve this, acaricides with repellent properties, such as the synthetic pyrethroid permethrin are ideal compounds to reach this goal...
- Caudal epidural morphine for control of pain following open heart surgery in childrenK R Rosen
Department of Anesthesiology, C. S. Mott Children's Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-0800
Anesthesiology 70:418-21. 1989..They found caudal epidural morphine to be safe and effective in the treatment of postoperative pain in children following open heart surgery...
- Inhaled insulin: a novel route for insulin deliveryWilliam T Cefalu
University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 11:687-91. 2002..The pharmacokinetics of inhaled insulin show a more physiological profile compared to conventional insulin; however, further studies to confirm long-term pulmonary safety and efficacy are needed...
- [Phase I study of YNK01 (1-beta-D-arabinofuranosylcytosine-5'-stearylphosphate)]M Fukuoka
Osaka Prefectural Habikino Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 17:2213-9. 1990..3 to 4.1 ng/ml, and from 1.5 to 11.9 ng/ml respectively, and sustained almost the same concentration as to during the administration period until the 2nd day after the completion of the administration...
- Does the presence of an open-label antidepressant treatment period influence study outcome in clinical trials examining augmentation/combination strategies in treatment partial responders/nonresponders with major depressive disorder?Nadia Iovieno
Center for Treatment Resistant Depression, Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 73:676-83. 2012....
- [Prevention of infectious complications after cesarean section by the use of cefotetan]P Cormier
Service d obstétrique et de gynécologie, Maternité A, Hopital Pellegrin, Bordeaux
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 18:388-92. 1989..It caused a significant drop in infection and in particular the number of cases of endometritis and urinary tract infections, which were twice as common in the non-treated as compared with the treated group...
- Intraocular pressure-lowering efficacy of latanoprost in patients with normal-tension glaucoma or primary open-angle glaucomaY Tamada
Department of Ophthalmology, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu-shi, Japan
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 17:19-25. 2001..The IOP level before latanoprost therapy is a contributing factor in the IOP-lowering efficacy of latanoprost. Latanoprost is more effective in lowering IOP than isopropyl unoprostone...
- Combined therapy with amifostine plus erythropoietin for the treatment of myelodysplastic syndromesAlberto Grossi
Haematologica 87:322-3. 2002..5 x 10(9)/L. Compared to rHuEpo or amifostine used as single agents, their combination did not offer substantial advantages...
- [Effect of cyclosporin and tacrolimus on lipoprotein oxidation after renal transplantation]A Martinez Castelao
Servicio de Nefrologia, Unitat Reçerca Experimental, Hospital Principes de Espana, CSUB
Nefrologia 22:364-9. 2002..Oxidation of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) has been recognized as a major atherogenic factor. Tacrolimus seems to be less lipogenic with an apparently better cardiovascular profile than CsA...
- Variable absorption of clavulanic acid after an oral dose of 25 mg/kg of Clavubactin and Synulox in healthy catsTom B Vree
Institute for Anaesthesiology, University Medical Center Sint Radboud, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
ScientificWorldJournal 2:1369-78. 2002....
- Clinical efficacy of intravenous ciprofloxacin in patients with biliary tract infection: a randomized controlled trial with carbapenem as comparatorSusumu Tazuma
Department of General Medicine, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Medical Science, Programs of Applied Medicine, Clinical Pharmacotherapy, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima, 734 8551, Japan
J Gastroenterol 44:781-92. 2009....
- Clinical perspective on antiretroviral drug-drug interactions with the non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor etravirineThomas N Kakuda
Tibotec Inc, Titusville, NJ, USA
Antivir Ther 15:817-29. 2010..In conclusion, etravirine can be combined with most antiretrovirals, with no clinically meaningful effect on drug exposure or safety/tolerability profiles...
- Methotrexate therapy for chronic noninfectious uveitis: analysis of a case series of 160 patientsC M Samson
Ocular Immunology and Uveitis Service, Department of Ophthalmology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, Massachusetts 02116, USA
Ophthalmology 108:1134-9. 2001..It is an effective steroid-sparing immunomodulator, is a safe medication, and is well tolerated...
- On the estimation of the binomial probability in multistage clinical trialsSin Ho Jung
Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Stat Med 23:881-96. 2004..We will illustrate features of the UMVUE based on two-stage phase II clinical trial design examples and present results of numerical studies on the properties of the UMVUE in comparison to the usual MLE...
- Therapeutic drug monitoring of lopinavir/ritonavir given alone or with a non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitorCaroline Solas
Department of Pharmacokinetics, AP HM Timone, Marseille, France
Br J Clin Pharmacol 57:436-40. 2004....
- [Clinical efficacy of sulbactam/ampicillin in comparison with cefotiam in the treatment of elderly patients with pneumonia]T Ishibashi
Department of Internal Medicine, National Ohmuta Hospital
Jpn J Antibiot 51:746-58. 1998..No statistical differences were noted in both groups. These results are consistent with SBT/ABPC as a highly effective antibiotic in the treatment of elderly patients with pneumonia...
- Galactosylated chitosan/DNA nanoparticles prepared using water-soluble chitosan as a gene carrierTae Hee Kim
School of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, South Korea
Biomaterials 25:3783-92. 2004..And transfection efficiency into HepG2, which has asialoglycoprotein receptors (ASGP-R), was higher than that into HeLa without ASGP-R...
- Reduction of hepatocellular injury after common bile duct ligation using omega-3 fatty acidsSang Lee
Department of Surgery, The Vascular Biology Program, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Pediatr Surg 43:2010-5. 2008..Omega-3 fatty acids are antiinflammatory. We proposed that omega-3 fatty acid supplementation would reduce hepatocellular damage and cell death in a model of murine common bile duct ligation...
- Safety of rofecoxib in subjects with a history of adverse cutaneous reactions to aspirin and/or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugsM L Pacor
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Clin Exp Allergy 32:397-400. 2002..Adverse reactions to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID)s are frequent, and the need to identify a safe alternative drug is a common problem in clinical practice...
- The European paediatric initiative: 1 year of experienceAgnes Saint-Raymond
Scientific Advice, Paediatrics, and Orphan Drugs Sector, European Medicines Agency, London, UK
Paediatr Drugs 11:9-10. 2009..It changes dramatically the way medicines are developed for children. This regulation will increase availability of and information on pediatric medicines through high quality, ethical research...
- The newborn drug development initiativeGeorge P Giacoia
Obstetric and Pediatric Pharmacology Branch, Center for Research for Mothers and Children, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland
Pediatrics 117:S1-8. 2006....
- Low doses of vanadate and Trigonella synergistically regulate Na+/K + -ATPase activity and GLUT4 translocation in alloxan-diabetic ratsMohammad Rizwan Siddiqui
Hormone and Drug Research Laboratory, School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, 110067, India
Mol Cell Biochem 285:17-27. 2006..Combined therapy of vanadate and TSP was the most effective in normalization of altered membrane linked functions and GLUT4 distribution without any harmful side effect...
- ACYLCOA FORMATION--COVALENT BINDING, PHARMACOKINETICSLeslie Benet; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- INFLAMMATION & CORTICOSTEROID RESPONSES IN SEVERE ASTHMAKIAN CHUNG; Fiscal Year: 2005..The molecular mechanisms underlying loss of CR will be examined. These studies should lead to more effective therapies for chronic severe asthma. ..
- Transporter-Enzyme Interplay Evaluation via Microfluidiic HTS Cell Culture DeviceLeslie Benet; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Phase I Clinical Trials of Anti-Cancer AgentsFrancis Giles; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Central Adaptations to Creatine Supplementation in Older Men and WomenERIC RAWSON; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pharmacokinetic / Pharmacodynamic Data AnalysisDavide Verotta; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Inter-alpha Inhibitors in Anthrax IntoxicationSteven Opal; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our research is focused on the development of a new and safe treatment based on the ability of inter-alpha proteins to prevent the fatal consequences of anthrax infection. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ANTIAIDS AGENTS FROM MARINE ORGANISMSMark Hamann; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Immunity in Early Syphillis: Pathway to HIV CoinfectionJuan Salazar; Fiscal Year: 2007..In Aim 2 we will study the effect of secondary syphilis on viral load (VL) in HIV co-infected individuals. In this aim we will compare VL between HIV patients with and without syphilis and determine the effect of penicillin on VL. ..
- Phase I trial of PHP with high-dose IL-2Wolfram Samlowski; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Chamomile therapy for generalized anxiety disorderJay Amsterdam; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- A Family-Genetic Study of Pathological GamblingDonald Black; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- AFP-Based Immunotherapy for Hepatocellular CarcinomaAntoni Ribas; Fiscal Year: 2006..In summary, I propose a clinically-oriented research program that translates this original work into novel, evidence-based immnunotherapy trials for hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Black cohosh therapy for menopause-related anxietyJay Amsterdam; Fiscal Year: 2006..We hypothesize that Black Cohosh will result in superior QOL measures compared to placebo. ..
- CARP, A Novel Cell Death RegulatorWafik El Deiry; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specific Aim 3: To study the functional consequences of perturbing or blocking CARP expression. These studies should provide novel insights into the cellular control of the extrinsic pathway of apoptosis. ..
- Genetic Vaccine to Rabies VirusHildegund Ertl; Fiscal Year: 2006..In aim 3, we are proposing experiments in non-human primates to test the vaccine for efficacy in pre- and post-challenge vaccination experiments with and without concomitant application of RIG. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Unique BRCA1 transcriptional response leading to repairWafik El Deiry; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our studies will increase our understanding of the mechanism of action of BRCA1 and may provide novel strategies for therapeutic design, for example by targeting DDB2. ..
- Influences on Sexual HealthMARGAERT NUSBAUM; Fiscal Year: 2007..Nusbaum with experience crucial to her growth as an independent academic researcher in sexual health care. ..
- NEUROBIOLOGY OF TRANSITION TO STIMULANT DEPENDENCEMartin P Paulus; Fiscal Year: 2010..g. using real-time fMRI?? ..
- Heart failure, chronic kidney disease, and renin-angiotensin system inhibitionAli Ahmed; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Fluoxetine for MDD/Cannabis Disorder in Young PeopleJack Cornelius; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- EARLY VISUAL PROCESSING IN SCHIZOPHRENIAMichael F Green; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- TOBACCO EXPOSURE REDUCTIONDorothy Hatsukami; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of research from this TTURC will provide the scientific basis for urgent policy, public education, and regulatory efforts to reduce tobacco harm. ..
- Procoagulants in Aging CARDIA ParticipantsDavid Green; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- TREATMENT OF SMOKELESS TOBACCO USERSDorothy Hatsukami; Fiscal Year: 2008..PERFORMANCE SITE ========================================Section End=========================================== ..
- Tamsulosin and steroids for urolithiasisJeremy Brown; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Respiratory Viruses and Airflow Obstruction after HCTMichael Boeckh; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will improve our understanding of the interaction between respiratory viruses and late pulmonary complications after HCT, which will ultimately enable us to formulate more rational treatment strategies. ..
- Time processing in stimulant users: Impulsivity and temporal discountingMartin Paulus; Fiscal Year: 2008..The current study will inform treatment programs to create intervention strategies that manipulate the temporal delay of rewards to shape more adaptive behavior. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- REVAMP Follow-Up StudyMartin Keller; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Abuse Liability Associated with Chronic Hypnotic UseTimothy Roehrs; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- TUMOR RADIOSENSITIZATION BY PRENYLTRANSFERASE INHIBITORSEric Bernhard; Fiscal Year: 2008..They may also provide a rationale for the application of FTIs in the treatment of tumors with RAS activation that is due to EGFR signaling. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Course of psychopathology in female youth: Analysis with extant longitudinal dataJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Heart Failure and Beta-Blocker Use in Older AdultsAli Ahmed; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- WEIGHT CONTROL IN PERI- AND EARLY POSTMENOPAUSAL WOMENSUSAN RACETTE; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of this project are intended to provide valuable information regarding lifestyle programs that may assist women in controlling body weight at a time when weight gain is common. ..
- CLINICAL TRANSLATIONAL RESEARCH IN DERMATOLOGYSewon Kang; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- E1-deleted adenoviral vectors for oral immunizationHildegund Ertl; Fiscal Year: 2004..In aim 4, we will determine the tropism of the simian and human Ad recombinants upon oral application emphasizing localization of and cytokine production by transduced antigen presenting cells (APCs). ..
- EXERCISE INTOLERANCE IN ELDERLY DIASTOLIC HEART FAILUREDalane Kitzman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- OLFACTION IN EPILEPSYRICHARD DOTY; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition to providing a better understanding of the influences of TLE and TLR on human olfactory function, this work may lead to the development of a simple and inexpensive non-invasive means for better establishing TLE seizure loci. ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF ANTICONVULSANT HYPERSENSITIVITY SYNDROMEJAMES LEEDER; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is anticipated that the basic experimental paradigm employed for these studies can also be applied to other idiosyncratic toxicities with suspected drug bioactivation and immune etiologies. ..
- Pharmacotherapy for Minor DepressionRobert Howland; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study will have profound public health implications by improving our understanding of the efficacy of SJW and standard antidepressants for the treatment of MinorD. ..
- CBL FUNCTION IN CELLULAR SIGNALING AND TRANSFORMATIONBrian Druker; Fiscal Year: 2003..Through these studies the investigators should gain a greater understanding of the contribution of tyrosine phosphorylation of Cbl to its function and the role of Cbl in myeloid transformation. ..
- APPROACHES TO CHARACTERIZATION OF ANTIINFECTIVE AGENTSMark Hamann; Fiscal Year: 2002..SAR studies will be conducted utilizing chemical and microbial transformations of biologically active secondary metabolites combined with molecular modeling studies. ..
- FFA METABOLISM IN DIFFERENT TYPES OF HUMAN OBESITYMichael Jensen; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Mucosal Vaccine to HIV-1 GagHildegund Ertl; Fiscal Year: 2002..In the third aim, we will test a prime-boost regimen using DNA vaccines, expressing Gag for systemic priming combined with the adenoviral recombinants for systemic or intranasal booster immunization. ..
- COST EFFECTIVENESS OF GENETIC SCREENING FOR COLON CANCERScott Ramsey; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- HIV-1 Vaccine-Induced CD8+ Memory CellsHildegund Ertl; Fiscal Year: 2003..The role of the two different memory CD8+ T cell populations in limiting propagation of the vaccinia gag recombinant virus will be tested by adoptive transfer experiments. ..
- IMPROVING HEALTH CARE UTILIZATION IN HIV+ DRUG USERSKelly Gebo; Fiscal Year: 2005..Gebo the skills she needs to develop into an independent clinician researcher in HIV epidemiologic and health services research. ..
- Prednisone Ocular Myasthenia Gravis Trial Planning GrantMark Kupersmith; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- DEPRESSION AND HEALTH OUTCOMES IN REFRACTORY EPILEPSYFrank Gilliam; Fiscal Year: 2005..of the results of a positive study will support the modification of the current model of intervention for epilepsy from predominantly seizure reduction to a more comprehensive approach that includes assessment and treatment of depression ..
- Mentored Patient Oriented Research Career DevelopmentDiana Escolar; Fiscal Year: 2005..Future studies will test several other drugs with potential to improve muscle strength in DMD. ..
- Pulmonary delivery of nicotine using the AERx SystemStephen Farr; Fiscal Year: 2005..The long-term goal of this proposed project is to develop an inhalation product (the AERx-nicotine) as a therapy for smoking cessation. ..
- A Contextual Model of Microbicide AcceptabilityKathleen Morrow; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Oxidative Modifications in AtherogenesisGarret FitzGerald; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- A Cognitive Group Treatment for Borderline OutpatientsDonald Black; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- MDMA & Amphetamine--Behavioral Organization in MiceMartin Paulus; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results from these studies will provide a set of measures derived from a widely used behavioral paradigm to examine the molecular basis of the effects of drugs of abuse using genetically modified mice. ..
- Improving Outcomes in Pharmacotherapy of Social PhobiaMichael Van Ameringen; Fiscal Year: 2009..It thus directly addresses a critical public health issue that adversely affects a substantial proportion of the population. ..
- Female Condom Use in South African College StudentsJoanne Mantell; Fiscal Year: 2008..If successful, this brief intervention should be widely replicable in other similar settings. ..
- Critical Research Issues in Essential TremorRodger Elble; Fiscal Year: 2005..We believe that such conferences are the best way to build and maintain momentum and interest in ET research. ..
- RETINAL PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF INFANTS AND ADULTSDavid Birch; Fiscal Year: 2005..In the mouse models, cone measures will necessarily focus on the b-wave, using monochromatic stimuli, long-duration flashes, and flicker to optimize isolation of cone from rod responses. ..
- Estrogen-Induced Neuroprotective Mitochondrial MechanismROBERTA BRINTON; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- COMBINATORIAL PHARMACOTHERAPIES FOR COCAINE DEPENDENCEJohn Cashman; Fiscal Year: 2001..The study will provide an understanding of the structural and pharmaceutical properties of hDAT antagonists. The work will lead to new insight into the preparation of human medications necessary in the cessation of cocaine abuse. ..
- NF KAPPA B MEDIATED CHEMORESISTANCE IN HUMAN LUNG CANCERDavid Jones; Fiscal Year: 2005..The ultimate goal of this study is to provide the necessary background for the initiation of novel treatment strategies designed to treat patients with advanced lung cancer. ..
- Disclosing Conflict of Interest to Research ParticipantsJeremy Sugarman; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- STRAIT: Simulation Training for Rapid Assessment and Improved TeamworkMatthew Weinger; Fiscal Year: 2007..Successful demonstration of STRAIT'S effectiveness will lead to rapid dissemination of the methods to other clinical handoff situations. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms and Therapeutics in Cancer Anorexia/CachexiaAminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2004..This K23 grant application will serve as a springboard to allow her to delve into the pathophysiology of this syndrome and to develop into an independent clinical investigator. ..
- Community Partnership for Ethical ResearchELIZABETH B RIPLEY; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Unexpected Clinical Events: Impact on Patient SafetyMatthew Weinger; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed studies, while yielding applied knowledge of specific ways to reduce medical error and improve clinical care, also address more fundamental issues of human cognition and the nature of expertise. ..
- Sustained-Release Naltrexone for Opioid Dependence: Longitudinal Study in HumansSandra D Comer; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- BLys inhibition using TACI-Fc in patients with B-bell non-Hodgkins' LymphomaStephen Ansell; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Neuropeptide Y for Cancer-Associated AnorexiaAminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2003..These two pilot studies will allow us to lay the groundwork for such larger trials. Our ultimate goal is to help cancer patients who suffer from anorexia. ..
- BUPRENORPHINE ABUSE BY HUMANS--LABORATORY STUDIESSandra Comer; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Bupropion VS Placebo to Treat Pathological GamblingDonald Black; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- GERIATRIC CLINICAL EPIDEMIOLOGY TRAINING GRANTSTEVEN HALBERT; Fiscal Year: 2007..g., clinical trials, case control, cohort research, etc.), and the faculties' commitment to collaborative research. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Oregon Prostate Cancer Conference 2001TOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Heart Failure: Epidemiology & Outcomes in the ElderlyLesley Curtis; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pramipexole in Treatment-Resistant DepressionRoy Perlis; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed investigation and training program will provide critical skills, experience and data to aid the candidate in writing an R01 and becoming an independent investigator. ..
- Creatine: Is It a Body Builder for Cancer Patients?Aminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2004..obtain longitudinal toxicity and quality of life data on this same cohort of 50 patients and will make direct comparisons between treatment arms on toxicity incidence and severity and on maximal quality of life scores ..
- Resistance and Response Mechanisms to Prostate Cancer TherapyTOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will test the effectiveness of novel treatments that exploit newly discovered targets in the laboratory and lay the foundation for human trials to develop effective prostate cancer treatment. ..
- SPECT Brain Imaging as a Biomarker of Major DepressionJay Amsterdam; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will compare these results to measurements of striatal DAT levels in 22 non-depressed, healthy subjects studied under similar conditions with [99mTc]TRODAT-1 SPECT on two separate occasions 8 weeks apart. ..
- A Novel Vitamin D Target in Human Prostate CancerTOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2007..New treatment targets are needed to develop new drugs to treat prostate cancer, the most commonly diagnosed cancer and the second-leading cancer killer in US men. [unreadable] [unreadable]..