Genomes and Genes
Summary: Studies determining the effectiveness or value of processes, personnel, and equipment, or the material on conducting such studies. For drugs and devices, CLINICAL TRIALS; DRUG EVALUATION; and DRUG EVALUATION, PRECLINICAL are available.
Publications225 found, 100 shown here
- Draft framework for evaluating syndromic surveillance systemsDaniel M Sosin
Division of Public Health Surveillance and Informatics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
J Urban Health 80:i8-13. 2003..The draft framework is intended to evolve into guidance to support public health practice for terrorism preparedness and outbreak detection...
- Using quantitative and qualitative data in health services research - what happens when mixed method findings conflict? [ISRCTN61522618]Suzanne Moffatt
Public Health Research Group, School of Population and Health Sciences, Faculty of Medical Sciences, William Leech Building, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 6:28. 2006....
- An inventory of evaluation studies of information technology in health care trends in evaluation research 1982-2002E Ammenwerth
UMIT University for Health Sciences, Medical Informatics and Technology, Institute for Health Information Systems, Eduard Wallnöfer Zentrum 1, 6060 Hall in Tyrol, Austria
Methods Inf Med 44:44-56. 2005During the last years the significance of evaluation studies as well as the interest in adequate methods and approaches for evaluation has grown in medical informatics...
- Contested ground: how should qualitative evidence inform the conduct of a community intervention trial?Therese Riley
VicHealth Centre for Promotion of Mental Health and Social Wellbeing, School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Australia
J Health Serv Res Policy 10:103-10. 2005..Without such a forum, the relevance, ethics and position of qualitative evaluation research within randomized controlled trials are destined to be a point of contention rather than a source of insight...
- Internet-based patient education and support interventions: a review of evaluation studies and directions for future researchHuong Q Nguyen
3301 S Bear Street No 57B, Santa Ana, CA 92704, USA
Comput Biol Med 34:95-112. 2004..Given the increasing need to provide timely and effective patient-centered care, a stronger evidence base for eHealth applications must be established before broader deployment of such programs will take place...
- Searching literature databases for health care economic evaluations: how systematic can we afford to be?Franco Sassi
Department of Social Policy and Administration LSE Health and Social Care, London, United Kingdom
Med Care 40:387-94. 2002..So far, reviews of economic evaluations have relied upon noncomprehensive sources and have adopted simplistic search methods, both likely to lead to biased results...
- Evaluating physicians' professionalism and humanism: the case for humanism "connoisseurs"Donald A Misch
Center for Educational Excellence, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta 30912 4773, USA
Acad Med 77:489-95. 2002..In the process, they would serve to counteract the relative marginalization of professionalism and humanism in the informal and lived curricula of medical trainees...
- Measuring outbreak-detection performance by using controlled feature set simulationsKenneth D Mandl
Division of Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 53:130-6. 2004..The injected signal is defined by a controlled feature set of variable parameters, including size, shape, and duration...
- An inventory of evaluation studies of information technology in health care: trends in evaluation research 1982-2002Elske Ammenwerth
UMIT University for Health Informatics and Technology Tyrol, Research Group Assessment of Health Information Systems, Innsbruck, Austria
Stud Health Technol Inform 107:1289-94. 2004During the last years the significance of evaluation studies as well as the interest in adequate methods and approaches for evaluation has grown in medical informatics...
- A multimedia interactive education system for prostate cancer patients: development and preliminary evaluationMichael A Diefenbach
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Division of Population Science, 333 Cottman Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19111 2497, USA
J Med Internet Res 6:e3. 2004..Yet, to make informed treatment choices patients have to learn complicated disease and treatment information that is often fraught with medical and statistical terminology. Thus, patients need accurate and easy-to-understand information...
- Problem based learning in continuing medical education: a review of controlled evaluation studiesP B A Smits
Netherlands School of Occupational Health, Amsterdam
BMJ 324:153-6. 2002..This review of controlled evaluation studies found limited evidence that problem based learning in continuing medical education increased participants' ..
- Listening to respondents: a qualitative assessment of the Short-Form 36 Health Status QuestionnaireSara Mallinson
Institute of Public Health Research and Policy, University of Salford, UK
Soc Sci Med 54:11-21. 2002..The value of including in-depth, qualitative validation techniques in the development and testing of surveys used to collect subjective assessments of health is clearly demonstrated by the findings of the study...
- Mental health first aid training: review of evaluation studiesBetty A Kitchener
Centre for Mental Health Research, Australian National University, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory 0200, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 40:6-8. 2006..To review studies evaluating mental health first aid (MHFA) training...
- A viewpoint on evidence-based health informatics, based on a pilot survey on evaluation studies in health care informaticsElske Ammenwerth
Institute for Health Information Systems, UMIT University for Health Sciences, Medical Informatics and Technology, Hall in Tyrol, Austria
J Am Med Inform Assoc 14:368-71. 2007..health informatics, the authors conducted a limited pilot survey attempting to determine how many IT evaluation studies in health care are never published, and why...
- Bio-ALIRT biosurveillance detection algorithm evaluationDavid Siegrist
Potomac Institute for Policy Studies, 901 N Stuart Street, Suite 200, Arlington, Virginia 22203, USA
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 53:152-8. 2004..This paper describes an effort to assess leading detection algorithms by arranging a common challenge problem and providing a common data set...
- Can evaluation studies benefit from triangulation? A case studyElske Ammenwerth
Research Group for Assessment of Health Information Systems, University for Health Informatics and Technology Tyrol UMIT, Innrain 98, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Int J Med Inform 70:237-48. 2003..Within evaluation research, two main (and often rather distinct) traditions can be found: the objectivistic and the subjectivistic tradition...
- Evaluation challenges for syndromic surveillance--making incremental progressDaniel M Sosin
Office of Terrorism Preparedness and Emergency Response, CDC, 1600 Clifton Road, Mailstop D 44, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 53:125-9. 2004..The 2003 National Syndromic Surveillance Conference provided an opportunity to examine challenges and progress in evaluating syndromic surveillance systems...
- The impact of three years' ethics teaching, in an integrated medical curriculum, on students' proposed behaviour on meeting ethical dilemmasJohn Goldie
Department of General Practice, University of Glasgow, UK
Med Educ 36:489-97. 2002..To evaluate the impact of 3 years' ethics teaching (30 hours mainly small group teaching in year 1, 14 hours mainly lecture-type teaching in years 2 and 3) on students' proposed behaviour on encountering ethical dilemmas...
- The diffusion of health economics knowledge in Europe : The EURONHEED (European Network of Health Economics Evaluation Database) projectGerard De Pouvourville
Collège des Economistes, Paris, France
Pharmacoeconomics 23:113-20. 2005..The network will provide bibliographic records of published full health economic evaluation studies (cost-benefit, cost-utility and cost-effectiveness studies) as well as cost studies, methodological articles ..
- The development, validation, and testing of a health outcomes burn questionnaire for infants and children 5 years of age and younger: American Burn Association/Shriners Hospitals for ChildrenLewis E Kazis
Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Burn Care Rehabil 23:196-207. 2002..The Health Outcomes Burn Questionnaire for Infants and Children 5 years of age and younger is a clinically based reliable and valid assessment tool that is sensitive to change over time for assessing burn outcomes in this age group...
- Sensitivity of the Patient-rated Forearm Evaluation Questionnaire in lateral epicondylitisKaren L Newcomer
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Hand Ther 18:400-6. 2005..The PRFEQ is reliable, reproducible, and sensitive for assessment of LE. It is at least as sensitive to change as the other outcome tools tested. The PRFEQ should be a standard primary outcome measure in LE research...
- Serial change in 123I-MIBG myocardial scintigraphy in non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusShigeki Nagamachi
Department of Radiology, Miyazaki Medical College, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 16:33-8. 2002..To determine the influential factors for MIBG distribution, we investigated the association between various clinical parameters and the serial change in MIBG uptake parameters...
- Evaluation of the peer assessment rating (PAR) index as an index of orthodontic treatment needAllen R Firestone
Department of Orthodontics, College of Dentistry, Ohio State University, Columbus, 43218 2357, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 122:463-9. 2002..An occlusal index used to measure deviation from normal or ideal occlusion might perform as well as indexes of treatment need in predicting orthodontists' evaluations of treatment need...
- Reviews of acupuncture for chronic neck pain: pitfalls in conducting systematic reviewsP White
University of Southampton, Royal South Hants Hospital, Southampton, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 41:1224-31. 2002..The problems associated with scoring trials are discussed and further work to increase the scope of scoring mechanisms is recommended in order to produce meaningful systematic reviews in the future...
- Prostate-specific antigen nadir and cancer-specific mortality following hormonal therapy for prostate-specific antigen failureAlexandra J Stewart
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Dana Faber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:6556-60. 2005..2 ng/mL was significantly associated with prostate cancer-specific mortality (PCSM)...
- A physiological toxicokinetic model for inhaled propylene oxide in rat and human with special emphasis on the noseGyörgy A Csanády
Institute of Toxicology, GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, D 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Toxicol Sci 95:37-62. 2007..Since the model was evaluated on all available data in rats and humans, we consider it to be useful for estimating the risk from inhalation exposure to PO...
- New rapid diagnostic tests for Neisseria meningitidis serogroups A, W135, C, and YSuzanne Chanteau
Institut Pasteur, Plateforme Technologique PT5, Paris, France
PLoS Med 3:e337. 2006..meningitidis serogroup determination is key. To this end, we developed and evaluated two duplex rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs) for detecting N. meningitidis polysaccharide (PS) antigens of several important serogroups...
- A multi-feature and multi-channel univariate selection process for seizure predictionMaryann D'Alessandro
Department of Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania, 747 West Madison Circle, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, PA 15229, USA
Clin Neurophysiol 116:506-16. 2005..To develop a prospective method for optimizing seizure prediction, given an array of implanted electrodes and a set of candidate quantitative features computed at each contact location...
- [Evaluation of portable point of care instrument: the i-Stat . Report of 7,000 analyses]A Feuillu
Laboratoire des services d urgences réanimation, CHRU Pontchaillou 35033 Rennes
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 60:153-64. 2002..No real use can be made of values noted for hematocrit (1998 survey)...
- Exenatide versus insulin glargine in patients with type 2 diabetes in the UK: a model of long-term clinical and cost outcomesJoshua A Ray
CORE Center for Outcomes Research, A Unit of IMS, Allschwil Basel, Switzerland
Curr Med Res Opin 23:609-22. 2007....
- Utility of the Rome I and Rome II criteria for irritable bowel syndrome in U.S. womenWilliam D Chey
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 97:2803-11. 2002....
- Are negative appendectomies still acceptable?Kory Jones
Department of Surgery, Methodist Hospitals of Dallas, PO Box 655999, 1441 North Beckley Avenue, Dallas, TX 75265 5999, USA
Am J Surg 188:748-54. 2004..The goal was to ascertain if there was a significant change in the negative appendectomy (NA) rate in our community hospital with the increased use of computed tomography (CT)...
- Performance evaluation of blood glucose monitoring devicesEllen T Chen
Center for Devices and Radiological Health, US Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 5:749-68. 2003..This study describes the current state of performance of blood glucose monitoring devices and points out those factors that should be assessed during evaluation of new devices...
- Role of invasive electrophysiologic testing in the evaluation and management of adult patients with focal junctional tachycardiaMohamed H Hamdan
University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Card Electrophysiol Rev 6:431-5. 2002..Others recommended mapping the perinodal region and applying radiofrequency ablation at the site where catheter manipulation resulted in tachycardia termination. Using this ablative approach, the risk of AV block is around 5-10%...
- Clinical evaluation of fibrin glue in the prevention of anastomotic leak and internal hernia after laparoscopic gastric bypass: preliminary results of a prospective, randomized multicenter trialG Silecchia
Dipartmento di Chirurgia Generale Paride Stefanini, Policlinico Umberto I, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Obes Surg 16:125-31. 2006..3% and from 0.8-4.5% respectively. The safety and efficacy of a fibrin glue (Tissucol) was assessed when placed around the anastomoses and over the mesenteric openings for prevention of anastomotic leaks and internal hernias after LRYGBP...
- Observer variation in target volume delineation of lung cancer related to radiation oncologist-computer interaction: a 'Big Brother' evaluationRoel J H M Steenbakkers
The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Radiother Oncol 77:182-90. 2005..To evaluate the process of target volume delineation in lung cancer for optimization of imaging, delineation protocol and delineation software...
- Early restaging positron emission tomography with ( 18)F-fluorodeoxyglucose predicts outcome in patients with aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphomaK Spaepen
Departments of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Gasthuisberg and Catholic University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Ann Oncol 13:1356-63. 2002..This study was intended to assess the value of a midtreatment fluorine-18 fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography ([(18)F]FDG-PET) scan to predict clinical outcome in patients with aggressive NHL...
- A prospective evaluation of ultrasound-directed transparenchymal vascular control with linear cutting staplers in major hepatic resectionsDavid L Smith
Department of Surgical Oncology, 1400 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 444, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Surg 190:23-9. 2005..We prospectively evaluated a novel ultrasound-directed technique of major hepatic resection using transparenchymal application of vascular staplers intending to minimize blood loss, operative time, and hepatic warm ischemia time...
- Development of disease-specific health-related quality-of-life instruments for children with immune thrombocytopenic purpura and their parentsDorothy Barnard
IWK Health Center, Dalhousie University, 5850 University Avenue, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 3G9, Canada
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 25:56-62. 2003..ITP is usually a self-limited disorder. With current controversy over management approaches, an evaluation of the disease burden experienced by the child and the family may assist with the assessment of alternative treatment approaches...
- Thiopurine methyltransferase (TPMT) heterozygosity and enzyme activity as predictive tests for the development of azathioprine-related adverse eventsJeannine M Heckmann
Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine, E8 74 Neurology, Groote Schuur Hospital and University of Cape Town, Observatory 7925, South Africa
J Neurol Sci 231:71-80. 2005..Heterozygous patients may then be targeted for a more "tailored" increase in dosing and regular laboratory monitoring...
- Use of cerebrospinal fluid flow rates measured by phase-contrast MR to predict outcome of ventriculoperitoneal shunting for idiopathic normal-pressure hydrocephalusGeoffrey R Dixon
Department of Neurologic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 77:509-14. 2002....
- Contrast echocardiographic evaluation of early changes in myocardial perfusion after recanalization therapy in anterior wall acute myocardial infarction and their relation with early contractile recoveryLuigi Paolo Badano
Cardiovascular Science Department, Cardiology Unit, A O S Maria della Misericordia, Udine, Italy
Am J Cardiol 91:532-7. 2003..Our data provide clinical evidence for a transient microvascular dysfunction after successfully recanalized AMI...
- Reference methods for the measurement of free thyroid hormones in blood: evaluation of potential reference methods for free thyroxineSteen S Holm
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Holbaek Hospital, 4300 Holbaek, Denmark
Clin Biochem 37:85-93. 2004....
- Standardisation of data from real-time quantitative PCR methods - evaluation of outliers and comparison of calibration curvesMalcolm J Burns
Bio Molecular Innovation, LGC Limited, Queens Road, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 0LY, UK
BMC Biotechnol 5:31. 2005..This paper presents two additional approaches for standardising data analysis through the novel application of statistical methods to RT-QPCR, in order to minimise potential uncertainty in results...
- Evaluation of procedures for amplification of small-size samples for hybridization on microarraysSandra Klur
Roche Center for Medical Genomics, F Hoffmann La Roche, Ltd, CH 4070 Basel, Switzerland
Genomics 83:508-17. 2004..At the technical level, analysis of the commercial sample showed that random PCR amplification is more reproducible, requires smaller RNA input, and generates cRNA of higher quality than linear amplification...
- Performance Tested Method multiple laboratory validation study of ELISA-based assays for the detection of peanuts in foodDouglas L Park
U S Food and Drug Administration, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, Division of Natural Products, 5100 Paint Branch Pkwy, College Park, MD 20740, USA
J AOAC Int 88:156-60. 2005..When 2 test kits are run simultaneously on all samples, the probability becomes 95%. It is therefore recommended that all field samples be analyzed with at least 2 of the validated kits...
- Evaluating the properties of a stage-specific self-efficacy scale for physical activity using classical test theory, confirmatory factor analysis and item response modelingLouise C Masse
Centre for Community Child Health Research, Department of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia, L408 4480 Oak Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6H 3V4, Canada
Health Educ Res 21:i33-46. 2006..Overall, employing multiple methods to assess the psychometric properties of the stage-specific self-efficacy scale demonstrated the complimentary nature of these methods and it highlighted the strengths and weaknesses of this scale...
- Evaluation and testing of computed radiography systemsP Charnock
IRS Ltd, Unit 188 Century Building, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, UK
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 114:201-7. 2005..Results from the latter are analysed in relationship with both system and quantum noise components...
- Item response modeling: an evaluation of the children's fruit and vegetable self-efficacy questionnaireKathy Watson
USDA ARS, Children s Nutrition Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, 1100 Bates Street, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Health Educ Res 21:i47-57. 2006..The FVSEQ can be improved by including items at the extreme levels of difficulty. DIF analyses identified areas where IRM can be useful to improve the functioning of measures...
- Diagnosing major depressive disorder VI: performance of an objective test as a diagnostic criterionMark Zimmerman
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Brown University School of Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 194:565-9. 2006..We discuss issues related to the possible use of a self-administered depression symptom scale as a diagnostic criterion...
- Preparation and evaluation of a recombinant Rift Valley fever virus N protein for the detection of IgG and IgM antibodies in humans and animals by indirect ELISAPetrus Jansen van Vuren
North West University, Potchefstroom 2520, South Africa
J Virol Methods 140:106-14. 2007..The I-ELISAs demonstrated that the IgG and IgM response to the Smithburn vaccine strain was slower and the levels of antibodies induced markedly lower than to wild type RVFV infection...
- The construction of a new evaluative GERD questionnaire--methods and state of the artDavid Armstrong
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ont, Canada
Digestion 75:17-24. 2007....
- A simple webcam-based approach for the measurement of rodent locomotion and other behavioural parametersAdriano B L Tort
Departamento de Bioquimica, ICBS, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Rua Ramiro Barcelos, 2600, Prédio Anexo Lab 26, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
J Neurosci Methods 157:91-7. 2006..Such a system can be easily implemented in most laboratories and can significantly reduce the time and costs involved in behavioural analysis, especially in developing countries...
- Disease-specific quality of life assessment in intermittent claudication: reviewT Mehta
Academic Vascular Unit, Hull Royal Infirmary, UK
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 25:202-8. 2003..This study aims to review various disease-specific QoL instruments available for use in IC and make recommendations for clinical utilization based on validity, reliability and responsiveness...
- Real-time speckle reduction and coherence enhancement in ultrasound imaging via nonlinear anisotropic diffusionKhaled Z Abd-Elmoniem
Biomedical Engineering Department, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 49:997-1014. 2002..In addition, the results from previous techniques are compared with the new method to demonstrate its performance...
- Comparative evaluation of new TaqMan real-time assays for the detection of hepatitis A virusAlain Houde
Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Food Research and Development Centre, 3600 Casavant Blvd West, Saint Hyacinthe, Quebec J2S 8E3, Canada
J Virol Methods 140:80-9. 2007..Considering their higher analytical sensitivity, the proposed SH-Poly and SH-Prot amplification systems could therefore represent valuable tools for the detection of HAV in clinical, environmental and food samples...
- Are our norms "normal"? A 4-year follow-up study of a biracial sample of rural elders with low educationBernice Marcopulos
Neuropsychology Lab, Western State Hospital, Staunton, VA 24402 2500, USA
Clin Neuropsychol 17:19-33. 2003....
- Validity and reliability of three commercially available breath-by-breath respiratory systemsJames Carter
Human Performance Laboratory, School of Sport and Exercise Sciences, The University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, B15 2TT, Birmingham, UK
Eur J Appl Physiol 86:435-41. 2002..8-45.8%). The exercise study showed the Oxycon Pro and Oxycon Alpha to be both valid and reliable on-line systems for the measurement of parameters of respiration, at least at workloads up to 150 W...
- Predicting membrane protein types using residue-pair models based on reduced similarity datasetXiao Guang Yang
Department of Physics, Tianjin University, Tianjin 300072, China
J Biomol Struct Dyn 20:163-72. 2002..The computer program is available on request...
- Deep tendon reflexes: a study of quantitative methodsGarrett L Marshall
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
J Spinal Cord Med 25:94-9. 2002..This preliminary study was undertaken to quantify the tendon tap used by clinicians to elicit DTRs and the reflex response elicited...
- Evaluation of a diode array for QA measurements on a helical tomotherapy unitK M Langen
Department of Radiation Oncology, M D Anderson Cancer Center Orlando, Orlando, Florida, USA
Med Phys 32:3424-30. 2005..The diode array is a valuable tool to quickly and accurately monitor the beam profile on a helical tomotherapy unit...
- Evaluation of a new measure of blood glucose variability in diabetesBoris P Kovatchev
University of Virginia Health System, Box 800137, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Diabetes Care 29:2433-8. 2006..It is therefore important to design variability measures that are equally predictive of low and high blood glucose excursions...
- Long-term prospective on-line real-time seizure predictionL D Iasemidis
Department of Bioengineering, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, USA
Clin Neurophysiol 116:532-44. 2005..In this study, we evaluate the performance of a prospective on-line real-time seizure prediction algorithm in two patients from a common database...
- Observational visual analog scale in pediatric pain assessment: useful tool or good riddance?Monique van Dijk
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Sophis Children s Hospital, University of Limburg, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Clin J Pain 18:310-6. 2002....
- Interrater reliability, concurrent validity, responsiveness, and predictive validity of the Melville-Nelson Self-Care AssessmentDavid L Nelson
Medical College of Ohio, 3015 Arlington Avenue, Toledo, Ohio 43614 5803, USA
Am J Occup Ther 56:51-9. 2002..Like the federally mandated Minimum Data Set, the SCA assesses seven self-care occupations in two ways: self-performance and support needed...
- Brain MRI in late-onset multiple sclerosisJ de Seze
Department of Neurology, Hopital R Salengro, CHRU Lille, Lille Cedex, France
Eur J Neurol 12:241-4. 2005..We suggest that spinal cord MRI and cerebrospinal fluid analysis should be systematically performed in suspected late-onset MS in order to increase the specificity of the diagnosis...
- Comparative evaluation of a new immunoradiometric assay for corticotropinCharles W Wilkinson
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington and Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, 1660 S Columbian Way, Seattle, WA 98108, USA
Clin Chem Lab Med 44:669-71. 2006....
- Quality of life in patients with traumatic brain injury-basic issues, assessment and recommendationsM Bullinger
Department of Medical Psychology, University of Hambury, Germany
Restor Neurol Neurosci 20:111-24. 2002..In the phase of rehabilitation (T2; < one year after trauma) and in the post-rehabilitation phase (T3) repeated assessment of QoL is recommended...
- Reliability of measuring iliac crest level in the standing and sitting position using a new measurement deviceSara R Piva
Department of Physical Therapy, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Room 6035 Forbes Tower, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 26:437-41. 2003..To perform the IC level measurement, we propose the use of a measurement device that is composed of an inclinometer mounted on a crest level tester that measures IC level in degrees...
- Performance evaluation of the GE healthcare eXplore VISTA dual-ring small-animal PET scannerYuchuan Wang
Department of Radiology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Nucl Med 47:1891-900. 2006....
- Diagnostic performance of the variant lymphocyte flag of the Abbott Cell-Dyn 4000 haematology analyserJ J M L Hoffmann
Department of Clinical Laboratories, Catharina Hospital, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Clin Lab Haematol 26:9-13. 2004..Here we report a similar study on the performance of the analyser's Variant Lymphocyte (VL) flag...
- Genetic tests and their evaluation: can we answer the key questions?Mark Kroese
Public Health Genetics Unit, Cambridge, UK
Genet Med 6:475-80. 2004..Associated issues such as the concepts of disease definition, imperfect reference standards, and false positives are also explored. The authors suggest possible approaches to addressing some of the problems identified...
- Improved rig for dynamically calibrating skinfold calipers: comparison between Harpenden and Slim Guide instrumentsG B Hewitt
Exercise Physiology Laboratory, School of Education, Flinders University, Adelaide 5001, Australia
Am J Hum Biol 14:721-7. 2002..To demonstrate the versatility of the calibration rig, preliminary data are presented for the upscale and downscale jaw pressures of seven Harpenden and seven Slim Guide calipers...
- Mapping the onset of psychosis: the Comprehensive Assessment of At-Risk Mental StatesAlison R Yung
Department of Psychiatry, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 39:964-71. 2005..This paper describes the pilot evaluation of the CAARMS...
- Measurement of chemoresistance markers in patients with stage III non-small cell lung cancer: a novel approach for patient selectionKelli R Brooks
Thoracic Oncology Program, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 76:187-93; discussion 193. 2003....
- The role of mastoidectomy in cochlear implant surgeryJona Kronenberg
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Acta Otolaryngol 123:219-22. 2003..The classical technique for cochlear implantation (CI) involves mastoidectomy and posterior tympanotomy. The question raised in this work is whether mastoidectomy is indispensable in CI surgery...
- Cost effectiveness of adjuvant trastuzumab in human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive breast cancerNicola Lucio Liberato
Azienda Ospedaliera della Provincia di Pavia, Divisione di Medicina Interna, Ospedale Civile, Casorate Primo, Pavia, Italy
J Clin Oncol 25:625-33. 2007..To evaluate the cost-effectiveness of 12-month adjuvant trastuzumab therapy in women with high-risk human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) -positive early breast cancer...
- Electrophysiological evaluation and ablation of atypical right atrial flutterDipen Shah
Division of Cardiology, Hopital Cantonal de Geneve, Geneve, Switzerland
Card Electrophysiol Rev 6:365-70. 2002..Successful catheter ablation depends upon delineating the circuit in order to choose the optimal isthmus for ablation and producing complete block across it...
- The dominant role of psychosocial risk factors in the development of chronic low back pain disabilityR J Gatchel
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20:2702-9. 1995..Future research should be directed at emotional vulnerability and psychosocial events in the period after the injury that may lead to chronicity...
- A systematic overview of chemotherapy effects in non-small cell lung cancerS Sorenson
Department of Thoracic Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Acta Oncol 40:327-39. 2001..Large-scale prospective randomised trials are under way to resolve this important issue and adjuvant chemotherapy is, thus, not recommended for routine treatment...
- A systematic overview of chemotherapy effects in acute myeloid leukaemiaE Kimby
Department of Haematology, University Hospital, Huddinge, Sweden
Acta Oncol 40:231-52. 2001..Patients with relapsed AML can only infrequently achieve long-term remissions with chemotherapy in conventional doses. trolled data indicate that allogeneic transplantation can be a curative treatment for these patients a..
- [Perioperative myocardial infarction and cardiac complications after noncardiac surgery in patients with prior myocardial infarction. I. Clinical data and diagnosis, incidence]T Munzer
Institut für Anästhesiologie, Kantonsspital St Gallen
Anaesthesist 45:213-20. 1996..14 of 90, 21 patients excluded with BBB) but differed in mean age (67 vs. 71 years). The use of beta-blocking agents was not associated with a reducti..
- [Evaluation of the risk of sudden death in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy]N Sadoul
Service de cardiologie, Hopital Central, CHU de Nancy
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 92:65-73. 1999..It would seem to be possible to assess the impact of the genotype on prognosis. However, this "genetic stratification" remains the realm of top research teams and is not yet accessible routinely in clinical practice...
- National tuberculosis programme review: experience over the period 1990-95A Pio
National Programme Support, Global Tuberculosis Programme, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Bull World Health Organ 75:569-81. 1997....
- A systematic overview of chemotherapy effects in gastric cancerK G Janunger
Department of Surgery, University Hospital, , Sweden
Acta Oncol 40:309-26. 2001..In a number of randomised multi-centre adjuvant studies the inclusions rates are remarkably low, which reduces the scientific value of the studies...
- The utility of neuroimaging in the evaluation of children with migraine or chronic daily headache who have normal neurological examinationsD W Lewis
Departments of Pediatrics and Neurology, Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA 23510, USA
Headache 40:629-32. 2000..Therefore, neuroimaging is not warranted in children and adolescents with defined clinical headache syndrome diagnoses whose neurological examinations are normal...
- "Inappropriate" physician habits in prescribing oral nifedipine capsules in hospitalized patientsF Rehman
Department of Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington 06032-3940, USA
Am J Hypertens 9:1035-9. 1996....
- A systematic overview of chemotherapy effects in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukaemiaE Kimby
Department of Haematology, University Hospital, Huddinge, Sweden
Acta Oncol 40:224-30. 2001..In the future an individual risk-adapted therapy will be required. The clinical heterogeneity of the disease has pointed to the necessity of new predictors for prognosis evaluated in prospective trials...
- Integrated evaluation of central nervous system lesions: stains for neurons, astrocytes, and microglia reveal the spatial and temporal features of MK-801-induced neuronal necrosis in the rat cerebral cortexA S Fix
Procter and Gamble Co, Miami Valley Laboratories, Cincinnati, Ohio 45253, USA
Toxicol Pathol 24:291-304. 1996..Moreover, advantages for using new staining and sectioning methodologies to enhance the toxicologic evaluation of the central nervous system are demonstrated...
- Echocardiography in the evaluation of patients with syncopeD Recchia
Division of Cardiovascular Disease, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Gen Intern Med 10:649-55. 1995..These data provide an objective basis to prospectively define the optimal role of echocardiography in the evaluation of patients with syncope...
- Safety assessment of biotechnology-derived pharmaceuticals: ICH and beyondM A Serabian
U S Food and Drug Administration, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Office of Therapeutics Research and Review, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
Toxicol Pathol 27:27-31. 1999....
- Ten-year follow-up evaluation of a school screening program for scoliosis. Is the forward-bending test an accurate diagnostic criterion for the screening of scoliosis?T Karachalios
Orthopaedic Department of Athens University, KAT Hospital, Greece
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 24:2318-24. 1999..A 10-year follow-up evaluation of the effectiveness of school screening for scoliosis performed in a closed island population...
- The effect of age on the change in deformity after anterior dÃ©bridement surgery for tuberculosis of the spineS S Upadhyay
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Duchess of Kent Children s Hospital at Sandy Bay, Hong Kong
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 21:2356-62. 1996....
- Determinants of resource utilization for patients admitted for evaluation of acute chest painI S Udvarhelyi
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA 02115
J Gen Intern Med 7:1-10. 1992..Interventions aimed at reducing logistic difficulties in the performance of noninvasive testing and decreasing the number of low-risk patients who are triaged to coronary care unit beds may decrease resource utilization...
- A prospective evaluation of pulmonary function in patients with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis relative to the surgical approach used for spinal arthrodesisR Vedantam
Midwest Orthopedic Institute, Richmond, Indiana, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:82-90. 2000..4) Patients who had no chest cage disruption experienced a significantly greater improvement in two of their pulmonary function values at 2 years after surgery than patients with chest cage disruption...
- [The significance of health related quality of life for the evaluation of interventional measures in patients with COPD]G Würtemberger
Abteilung fur Innere Medizin, Pneumologie, Reha Zentrum Reichshof, Reichshof Eckenhagen
Pneumologie 55:91-9. 2001..In order to achieve lasting positive effects of rehabilitation on HRQOL, outpatient settings or ambulatory refreshment sessions following rehabilitation on an inpatient basis should be preferred...
- Pre-clinical pharmacology of ICI D2138, a potent orally-active non-redox inhibitor of 5-lipoxygenaseR M McMillan
ICI Pharmaceuticals, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire
Br J Pharmacol 107:1042-7. 1992..v. Zileuton was approximately 10 times less potent.9. In view of the pharmacological profile described here, ICI D2138 has the potential to provide improved clinical efficacy compared to existing lipoxygenase inhibitors such as zileuton...
- Evaluation of the receptor selectivity of the H3 receptor antagonists, iodophenpropit and thioperamide: an interaction with the 5-HT3 receptor revealedR Leurs
Department of Pharmacochemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Pharmacol 116:2315-21. 1995..Yet, in this preparation [125I]-IPP binding was not influenced by ondansetron, yohimbine or haloperidol.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Assessment of quality of life during chemotherapyB Gunnars
Department of Oncology, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Acta Oncol 40:175-84. 2001....
- Effect evaluation of an oral health education programme in primary schools in TanzaniaW H van Palenstein Helderman
WHO Collaborating Centre, Dentistry, University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 25:296-300. 1997..4 and 3 years later 0.9 in both the participating and control schools. In conclusion, the present study shows that the implemented school-based OHE programme did not result in significant reductions of the clinical parameters measured...
- Targeting iNOS to inhibit myeloid-derived suppressor cells (MDSC) in melanomaANDREW GREGORY SIKORA; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Moffitt Skin Cancer SPOREJeffrey S Weber; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Breast Carcinoma in situ: Predicting Risk and OutcomesAmy Trentham-Dietz; Fiscal Year: 2013..The long-term goal of this project is to reduce the public health impact of BCIS by quantifying both contextual and personal risk factors for the development of BCIS and the recurrence of breast cancer after a BCIS diagnosis. ..
- Nanodiagnostics and Nanotherapeutics: Building Research Ethics and OversightSusan M Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Improving Quality of Care in Parkinsons Disease: A Randomized Controlled TrialKAREN ILENE CONNOR; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Assessment of lung function in neonates and infantsIULIAN CONSTANTIN RUSET; Fiscal Year: 2013..One subject will be a neonate born prematurely who has early BPD. The second subject will be a neonate under care due to an hypoxic ischemic event. This subject's lungs should be structurally normal. ..
- A qualitative description of a pilot project to improve access to care in one DenSARAH ELAINE RASKIN; Fiscal Year: 2011..Page 1 of 1 Qualitative description of a dental health pilot project ..
- Biomarker Profiles for Prediction and Diagnosis of Post-Transplant Renal InjuryJAMES PRESTON contact MAPES; Fiscal Year: 2010..The goal will be to improve the long-term outcome of recipients of thoracic and abdominal organ transplants by developing novel biomarker patterns that clinicians can use to predict, diagnose and monitor transplant outcomes. ..
- Computer-Aided Detection of Pulmonary Embolism on CT Pulmonary AngiographyChuan Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2012..CAD will potentially reduce missed PEs and improve the chance of timely treatment of patients, thus reducing the mortality rate and speed up recovery from this condition. ..
- Regulation of Quiescence and Activation in Skin Stem CellsYa Chieh Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Inducible Renitence in MacrophagesJoel A Swanson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Therapies which increase renitence selectively could reduce inflammation due to micro-particulates or benefit immunosuppressed patients and individuals with chronic inflammatory diseases, such as therosclerosis and Crohn's disease. ..
- 124I-cG250 ImmunoPET Imaging of Sunitinib Treatment Response in Renal Cell CancerSTEVEN MARK LARSON; Fiscal Year: 2012..The current proposal is a logical extension of these prior studies and, if successful, will improve staging and monitoring of systemic treatment response in advanced renal cell carcinoma. ..
- Physical Regulation of Muscle Stem Cells in Bioengineered 3D ModelsPENNEY MARIE GILBERT; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- Quantitative evaluation of 3D mouse behaviors in the open field using markerlessD Michele Basso; Fiscal Year: 2012..The result would be an automated method that produces accurate, sensitive, repeatable measurements of open-field movements for use in quantitative evaluations of motor performance. ..
- Biomarkers of the risk for post-traumatic osteoarthritisJames A Martin; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Hope for the Future: A School-Based HIV Prevention Program for Youth in MalawiABIGAIL KAZEMBE; Fiscal Year: 2012..If proved effective, the intervention will offer a cost-effective strategy for HIV prevention among school youth that can be rolled out-countrywide in Malawi and in the southern Africa region. ..
- Measuring and Explaining Unintended Pregnancy in the United States, 1987-2009Lawrence B Finer; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- PREVALENCE AND INCIDENCE OF IBDMARJORIE MERRICK; Fiscal Year: 2013..Care should be taken that records and notes of specific care during the pregnancy are also consented for later investigation. Budget and Period of Support: Recommend as Requested Resource Sharing Plans: Acceptable ..
- Neuromechanical Substrates for Post Stroke Asymmetric GaitYASIN YOUSEF DHAHER; Fiscal Year: 2013..The results of these studies will assist in developing rehabilitation techniques and strategies and identify novel neurological targets to improve functional movement in stroke survivors. ..
- Improving Parent/Adolescent Communication about TobaccoE MELINDA MELINDA MAHABEE GITTENS; Fiscal Year: 2010..By the end of the Award period, the Candidate expects to submit an R01 grant application for a longitudinal study designed to assess the effect of IMPACT on adolescent experimentation, initiation, and ongoing use of tobacco. ..
- Enhancing tobacco cessation in the black community through DVD technology:PTFMonica Webb Hooper; Fiscal Year: 2012..The overall goal of this project is to increase the reach of cessation services into the Black community by developing a DVD-based protocol that will bring behavioral counseling into the homes of smokers. ..
- Adaptation of Consumer Guides for Patients with Low Health LiteracyMaria E Suarez Almazor; Fiscal Year: 2010..Patients with these disorders face many treatment options. This project will provide tools for patients with lower health literacy educational tools to assist them in making informed treatment decisions. ..
- QUANTITATIVE BOLD CONTRAST IN HEALTH AND DISEASEDmitriy A Yablonskiy; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- The Ohio State University and MD Anderson Cancer Center Thyroid Cancer SPOREMatthew D Ringel; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Virology of the Central Nervous SystemJohn H Elder; Fiscal Year: 2010..Appointments will be for a minimum of two years, with three years the norm. ..
- The Therapy of CMLRichard E Champlin; Fiscal Year: 2013..This is a productive, highly integrated program for development of novel therapies for CML. ..
- Academic Career Development Award in CAM Research and EducationBenjamin Kligler; Fiscal Year: 2013..If we can successfully train physicians via the Internet on CAM approaches, the number of physicians competent to advise their patients on the safety and effectiveness of CAM treatments will be greatly increased. ..
- Spatially Accurate Deformable Image Registration for Thoracic C ApplicationsThomas M Guerrero; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will test our novel ventilation imaging method in radiation treatment planning to reduce normal lung injury after treatment for lung cancer. ..
- Multiresolution FLIM and Reflectance Confocal Microscopy to Detect DysplasiaKRISTEN CARLSON MAITLAND; Fiscal Year: 2013..Early detection is thus critical. The goal of the proposed research is to develop a novel optical imaging tool to improve early detection of precancerous lesions in the oral cavity. ..
- Electronic system for wireless monitoring of patient medication adherenceMARK DOUGLAS BURROWS; Fiscal Year: 2012..The ability to intervene when patient dosing is poor can directly improve treatment outcomes and prevent serious health problems while reducing healthcare costs for high risk patients. ..
- Lung Metabolism: Multiple Indicator DilutionSaid H Audi; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such results will provide targets for future mechanistic studies designed to evaluate the utility of the differentially altered redox enzymes as potential therapeutic targets for protection from O2 toxicity. ..
- A Bayesian Framework for Inter-Modality Deformable Image Registration EvaluationRichard Castillo; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Effective PET Imaging in Liver CancerZhenghong Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Optimizing Pain Treatment while Reducing Abuse Liability in Opioid DependenceDavid Andrew Tompkins; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Three-day scientific conference to be held April 18-20, 2012Raymond A Swanson; Fiscal Year: 2011..Thus the Resume and Summary of Discussion is the final word on what the reviewers actually considered critical at the meeting. ..
- Integrated Photoacoustic Ultrasound Real-time Imaging for Brachytherapy TreatmentEverette C Burdette; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed integrated system will be first of its kind to have the capability of real-time imaging of brachytherapy implant and simultaneously visualizing prostate anatomy. ..
- Examining several possible causes of GxE non-replications in depressionSuzanne Vrshek-Schallhorn; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- The role of ERRalpha/PGC-1 in disease pathogenesisDonald P McDonnell; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Acquisition of triple quadrupole mass spectrometer for quantitative proteomicsChang Gyu Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2013..Leadership will be equally divided between Chang-Gyu Hahn, M.D, Ph.D. and Ian Blair, Ph.D. Functioning as Co-P.I.'s. Dr. Hahn will focus on the operational aspects and Dr. Blair will provide scientific oversight. ..
- Interdisciplinary Training in Cancer, Aging and End-of-Life CareGinette A Pepper; Fiscal Year: 2013..It is anticipated that a total of eight predoctoral and eight postdoctoral fellows will participate in this Training Program during the 5-year period. ..
- Multivalent PARACEST agents for quantitative molecular imagingDEWAN SYED FAHMEED HYDER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Since all new agents will be built on the DOTA framework, we expect some of them to have translational prospects. ..
- Postbaccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP)Terry Ann Krulwich; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- 1st Annual Tandem ASPHO/PBMTC Educational Mtg: New Frontiers in Pediatric AlloSCTMitchell S Cairo; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Intraoperative Dose Visualization using X-Ray and Ultrasound for Prostate BrachytDanny Song; Fiscal Year: 2013..Estimates of outcomes will be obtained for confirmation in a future, larger Phase II study. ..
- Innovative Adaptation & Dissemination of CER Products: Autism(iADAPT-ASD)MARK JONATHAN HARRIS; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Hybrid Triple Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer for Quantitative Mass Spectrometric ApHarry Ischiropoulos; Fiscal Year: 2010..The requested instrumentation will facilitate the quantification of potentially novel biological markers for the prognosis and diagnosis of pediatric diseases. ..
- Peripheral B Cell Receptor EditingDuane R Wesemann; Fiscal Year: 2013..Studies to determine the mechanism of tolerance to these entities will be critical to designing new therapies for prevention and treatment of food allergy and inflammatory bowel disease. ..
- A Computerized Adaptive Testing Version of the ASIStephen F Butler; Fiscal Year: 2012..The ASI-MV-CAT will have major public health importance and significant commercial potential. ..
- Traumatic Brain Injury Clinical Trials Network-DCCWilliam T Friedewald; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- Latina Mothers'Coping Processes While Their Young Adult Sons Are IncarceratedTEODOCIA MARIA HAYES-BAUTISTA; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Multidisciplinary Training in Cardiovascular ResearchROBERT JAMES BACHE; Fiscal Year: 2013..The aim of the proposal is to supply a continuing stream of scientists working in areas relevant to heart disease...
- A High-throughput Strategy to Identify HIV Intra-subtype Recombinant SequencesMing Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Last but not the least, our proposed research strategy can also be applied to the recombination study in other viruses. ..
- A university-industry partnership for improving the imaging performance of digitaWei Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2013..The improvements will be quantified by imaging theory and verified by clinical feasibility testing. The knowledge gained will be used to guide the design of future multi-institutional clinical trials. ..
- Quantitative MRI of Iron Homeostasis, Atrophy and Tissue Structure in AD BrainJoseph A Helpern; Fiscal Year: 2011..Given the incidence of neurodegenerative disease, the potential impact of this study is considerable. ..
- Quantitative Evaluation of Cerenkov Luminescence for Imaging and TherapySimon R Cherry; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Closing the Research-To-Practice Gap in Cardiac Care Minority and Low Income Pop*Adesuwa B Olomu; Fiscal Year: 2013..3) Demonstrate the feasibility and effectiveness of Office-GAP in FQCHC sites in Ingham County, Michigan. ..
- Building Toward ICD-11. Improving the Coding of Quality and Patient Safety DataHarold A Pincus; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Genetic Analysis of Lysosomal Storage Disorder Genes in PDLorraine N Clark; Fiscal Year: 2011..This study will serve to clarify the role of lysosomal genes in genetic susceptibility to PD. ..
- New Class of Numerical Observers for Nuclear CardiologyJovan G Brankov; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Diffusional Kurtosis Assessment of the Cuprizone Mouse Model of DemylinationMaria F Falangola; Fiscal Year: 2010..The significance of this project is to try to validate and understand what these new MRI indices of diffusion reflect at the brain morphological level. ..
- Serial Passage: AIDS, Race, and Culture Phase IICLAUDIA PRYOR; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Institute of Human Virology Annual Meeting 2011-2016Robert C Gallo; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Scholarship Initiative offers women, minorities, and other typically under-represented populations with the opportunity to participate for very little or at no cost. ..
- LEADERSHIP ALLIANCE SYMPOSIA SERIESJames Wyche; Fiscal Year: 2000..To ensure a high rate of response, all student participants will be asked to complete a student program evaluation at the end of their final workshops. ..
- Obesity Education Campaign - a multimedia resource for parents and significant caHENRY WATTS; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Substance Use Prevention Media Literacy High School CurriculumJANIS KUPERSMIDT; Fiscal Year: 2009..This project will result in the development of a commercially available, teacher-friendly, educational tool with empirically-tested results. ..
- Biofilm Architecture of Subgingival PlaqueRenate Lux; Fiscal Year: 2009..If successful, this study will provide useful information for the development of new diagnostic and therapeutic tools. ..
- MENTAL ILLNESS IN THE ELDERLY--DIAGNOSTIC TESTINGAndrew Leuchter; Fiscal Year: 1999..Serial study will determine characteristics of lesions that adversely affect long-term prognosis, as well as the usefulness of QEEG for monitoring the evolution of white-matter disease. ..
- ANNUAL BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH WORKSHOPSJOSE TORRES RUIZ; Fiscal Year: 1999..An evaluation plan is provided. ..
- NMR STUDY OF METAL-ION COMPLEXATIONANTHONY FRATIELLO; Fiscal Year: 1990..The objective of the project will be attained by hydrogen-1 chemical shift, relaxation time, and signal area determinations, along with chemical shift and relaxation time experiments for the other nuclei planned for study...
- Depth Maps From Stereo Images of the Optic Disc-Phase IIGILBERTO ZAMORA; Fiscal Year: 2006..research grant ..
- PROGESTERONE AND ESTROGEN ON SIV VAGINAL TRANSMISSIONPreston Marx; Fiscal Year: 2007..Consultant PHS 398 (Rev. 4/98) Page3 BB KK Principal Investicj^yrogram Director (Last, first, middle): RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OFCONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page 1-2 Description, ..
- Combined OCT/FLIM Biochemical and Anatomical Imaging for Early Cancer DiagnosisJavier Jo; Fiscal Year: 2009..The ultimate goal of this line of research is to develop a novel optical imaging system and associated algorithms which will enable noninvasive optical biopsy in oral cancer. ..
- INCLEN 2000: WORKSHOPS FOR IMPROVING THE QUALITY OF CAREDavid Fraser; Fiscal Year: 2000..It is expected that 40-50 individuals will participate in each of these sessions. Workshop speakers and facilitators will be drawn from a global pool of experts, as well as from representatives from AHRQ. ..
- PROTEIN INTERACTIONS FROM SOLID MODEL COMPOUNDSTANLEY GILL; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- Translating a nutrition intervention thru WIC & Minority Health Promotion CentersKim Gans; Fiscal Year: 2009..At the end of YO3, we will compile data from the translation research pilot study and use it to create a plan for disseminating the intervention throughout RI and into other states. ..
- Testing Evaluation Metrics for Interface TerminologiesSAMUEL ROSENBLOOM; Fiscal Year: 2007..Through this mentored study period, the Principal Investigator will develop research skills and experience to achieve the goal of becoming an independent researcher. ..
- HIV and Sober Intimate Behavior (HSIB)GERARDINE WURZBURG; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- CLINICAL AND PSYCHOSOCIAL INFLUENCES ON HIV THERAPYRichard Rothenberg; Fiscal Year: 1999....