Genomes and Genes
Summary: Continuous frequency distribution of infinite range. Its properties are as follows: 1, continuous, symmetrical distribution with both tails extending to infinity; 2, arithmetic mean, mode, and median identical; and 3, shape completely determined by the mean and standard deviation.
Publications222 found, 100 shown here
- A Gaussian mixture model for definition of lung tumor volumes in positron emission tomographyMichalis Aristophanous
Department of Radiation and Cellular Oncology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Med Phys 34:4223-35. 2007..With this work we have established the applicability of the GMM-based segmentation on clinical studies and we have made an initial assessment of the method's precision with respect to tumor volume segmentation...
- Bayesian integration in sensorimotor learningKonrad P Kording
Sobell Department of Motor Neuroscience, Institute of Neurology, University College London, Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, UK
Nature 427:244-7. 2004..The central nervous system therefore employs probabilistic models during sensorimotor learning...
- A simple white noise analysis of neuronal light responsesE J Chichilnisky
Systems Neurobiology, The Salk Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037 1099, USA
Network 12:199-213. 2001..Advantages and disadvantages of the technique relative to classical approaches are discussed...
- Structural changes involved in protein binding correlate with intrinsic motions of proteins in the unbound stateDror Tobi
Department of Computational Biology, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:18908-13. 2005....
- A robust Bayesian two-sample test for detecting intervals of differential gene expression in microarray time seriesOliver Stegle
Interdepartmental Bioinformatics Group, Max Planck Institute for Developmental Biology, Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics, Tubingen, Germany
J Comput Biol 17:355-67. 2010..In classification experiments, our test compares favorably with existing methods and provides additional insights into time-dependent differential expression...
- Bayesian hierarchical clustering for microarray time series data with replicates and outlier measurementsEmma J Cooke
Systems Biology Centre, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
BMC Bioinformatics 12:399. 2011..Outlier measurements at one or more time points present a significant challenge, while potentially valuable replicate information is often ignored by existing techniques...
- Non-gaussian analysis of diffusion-weighted MR imaging in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: A feasibility studyJ F A Jansen
Department of Medical Physics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 31:741-8. 2010..The objective of this study was to test the feasibility of non-Gaussian fitting by using the kurtosis model of the signal intensity decay curves obtained from DWI by using an extended range of b-values in studies of phantoms and HNSCC...
- Single neuron firing properties impact correlation-based population codingSungho Hong
Computational Neuroscience Unit, Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology, Okinawa 904 0411, Japan
J Neurosci 32:1413-28. 2012..Our results also highlight the importance of neuronal properties for population-level coding insofar as neural networks can employ different coding schemes depending on the dominant operating mode of their constituent neurons...
- Bayesian correlated clustering to integrate multiple datasetsPaul Kirk
Systems Biology Centre, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL, UK
Bioinformatics 28:3290-7. 2012..Each dataset is modelled using a Dirichlet-multinomial allocation (DMA) mixture model, with dependencies between these models captured through parameters that describe the agreement among the datasets...
- White matter characterization with diffusional kurtosis imagingEls Fieremans
Department of Radiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Neuroimage 58:177-88. 2011..Combining the proposed WM model with DKI provides a convenient method for the clinical assessment of white matter in health and disease and could potentially provide important information on neurodegenerative disorders...
- Coding of horizontal disparity and velocity by MT neurons in the alert macaqueGregory C DeAngelis
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Neurophysiol 89:1094-111. 2003..We suggest that this result reflects a strategy used to finely distribute the disparity preferences of MT neurons, given the predominance of odd-symmetry and broad tuning...
- Optimal experimental design for diffusion kurtosis imagingDirk H J Poot
IBBT Vision Lab, University of Antwerp, B 2610 Antwerp, Belgium
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 29:819-29. 2010..It is shown that the precision with which the kurtosis parameters can be estimated, increases substantially by optimizing the gradient settings...
- Clustering cancer gene expression data: a comparative studyMarcilio C P De Souto
Computational Molecular Biology, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Berlin, Germany
BMC Bioinformatics 9:497. 2008..There have been no studies thus far performing a large-scale evaluation of different clustering methods in this context...
- Gaussian process modelling of latent chemical species: applications to inferring transcription factor activitiesPei Gao
School of Computer Science, University of Manchester, Kilburn Building, Oxford Road, Manchester
Bioinformatics 24:i70-5. 2008..We present a framework for Bayesian marginalization of these latent chemical species through Gaussian process priors...
- Automatic independent component labeling for artifact removal in fMRIJussi Tohka
Institute of Signal Processing, Tampere University of Technology, Tampere, Finland
Neuroimage 39:1227-45. 2008..We conclude that automatic ICA-based denoising offers a potentially useful approach to improve the quality of fMRI data and consequently increase the accuracy of the statistical analysis of these data...
- A Gaussian mixture model based classification scheme for myoelectric control of powered upper limb prosthesesYonghong Huang
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and the Institute of Biomedical Engineering, University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, Canada
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 52:1801-11. 2005..The GMM-based limb motion classification system demonstrates exceptional classification accuracy and results in a robust method of motion classification with low computational load...
- Problems with using the normal distribution--and ways to improve quality and efficiency of data analysisEckhard Limpert
ELI o Research, Life Sciences, Zurich, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 6:e21403. 2011The gaussian or normal distribution is the most established model to characterize quantitative variation of original data...
- Asymptotic behaviors of support vector machines with Gaussian kernelS Sathiya Keerthi
Department of Mechanical Engineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore 119260, Republic of Singapore
Neural Comput 15:1667-89. 2003..The analysis also indicates that if complete model selection using the gaussian kernel has been conducted, there is no need to consider linear SVM...
- Kalman filter mixture model for spike sorting of non-stationary dataAna Calabrese
Center for Theoretical Neuroscience, Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Dr, New York, NY 10032, United States
J Neurosci Methods 196:159-69. 2011..In addition, refractory effects may be incorporated via closely related hidden Markov model techniques. We present an analysis of the algorithm's performance on both simulated and real data...
- Bayesian fMRI time series analysis with spatial priorsWilliam D Penny
Wellcome Department of Imaging Neuroscience, UCL, London, UK
Neuroimage 24:350-62. 2005..Our model generalizes earlier work on voxel-wise estimation of GLM-AR models and inference in GLMs using Posterior Probability Maps (PPMs). Results are shown on simulated data and on data from an event-related fMRI experiment...
- Evaluation of normalization methods for microarray dataTaesung Park
Department of Statistics, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
BMC Bioinformatics 4:33. 2003..Normalization plays an important role in the earlier stage of microarray data analysis. The subsequent analysis results are highly dependent on normalization...
- Detection and measurement of retinal vessels in fundus images using amplitude modified second-order Gaussian filterLuo Gang
School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 49:168-72. 2002..The experiment shows that the inclusion of the width measurement in the detection process can improve the performance of matched filter and result in a significant increase in success rate of detection...
- Gaussian mixture clustering and imputation of microarray dataMing Ouyang
Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Institute, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 170 Frelinghuysen Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Bioinformatics 20:917-23. 2004..Many analysis methods require a full set of data. Either those genes with missing entries are excluded, or the missing entries are filled with estimates prior to the analyses. This study compares methods of missing value estimation...
- Colorectal anatomy in adults at computed tomography colonography: normal distribution and the effect of age, sex, and body mass indexM A Khashab
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Endoscopy 41:674-8. 2009..Our aims were to determine the normal distribution of in vivo colorectal anatomy and to investigate the effect of age, sex, and body mass index (BMI) on ..
- Sparse and dense coding of natural stimuli by distinct midbrain neuron subpopulations in weakly electric fishKatrin Vonderschen
Department of Physiology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Neurophysiol 106:3102-18. 2011..Our results therefore suggest that the TS implements parallel detection and estimation of sensory input...
- Comparative evaluation of reverse engineering gene regulatory networks with relevance networks, graphical gaussian models and bayesian networksAdriano V Werhli
Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland, Edinburgh, UK
Bioinformatics 22:2523-31. 2006..We use both laboratory data from cytometry experiments as well as data simulated from the gold-standard network. We also compare passive observations with active interventions...
- Level set segmentation of brain magnetic resonance images based on local Gaussian distribution fitting energyLi Wang
School of Computer Science and Technology, Nanjing University of Science and Technology, Nanjing 210094, China
J Neurosci Methods 188:316-25. 2010..Therefore, our method is able to deal with intensity inhomogeneity without inhomogeneity correction. Our method has been applied to 3T and 7T MR images with promising results...
- Bayesian inference of genetic parameters based on conditional decompositions of multivariate normal distributionsJon Hallander
Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011 3150, USA
Genetics 185:645-54. 2010..The analysis showed that our method was fast and provided accurate estimates and that it should therefore be a helpful tool for estimating genetic parameters of complex pedigrees quickly and reliably...
- Variational level set combined with Markov random field modeling for simultaneous intensity non-uniformity correction and segmentation of MR imagesZahra Shahvaran
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Shiraz University of Technology, Shiraz, Iran
J Neurosci Methods 209:280-9. 2012..In particular, it is superior in term of accuracy as compared to LGDF and FSL-FAST methods...
- Cortical neuronal responses to optic flow are shaped by visual strategies for steeringWilliam K Page
Department of Neurology, and Center for Visual Science, The University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642 0673, USA
Cereb Cortex 18:727-39. 2008..We conclude that the selection of specific visual cues reflects strategies for active steering and alters MSTd neuronal responses to optic flow...
- Efficient greedy learning of gaussian mixture modelsJ J Verbeek
Informatics Institute, University of Amsterdam, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neural Comput 15:469-85. 2003..Experimental results comparing the proposed algorithm to other methods on density estimation and texture segmentation are provided...
- A novel cell segmentation method and cell phase identification using Markov modelXiaobo Zhou
The Methodist Hospital Research Institute, Weill Medical College, Cornell University, Houston, TX 77030, USA
IEEE Trans Inf Technol Biomed 13:152-7. 2009..Using the context information of time-lapse data, the phases of cell nuclei are identified accurately via a Markov model. Experimental results show that the proposed system is effective for nuclei segmentation and phase identification...
- Optimization of an independent component analysis approach for artifact identification and removal in magnetoencephalographic signalsGiulia Barbati
Department of Neuroscience, AFaR Center of Medical Statistics and Information Technology, Fatebenefratelli Hospital, Isola Tiberina, Lungotevere degli Anguillara 12, 00153 Rome, Italy
Clin Neurophysiol 115:1220-32. 2004....
- Deformation-based surface morphometry applied to gray matter deformationMoo K Chung
Department of Statistics, University of Wisconsin, 1210 West Dayton Street, Madison, WI 53706 1685, USA
Neuroimage 18:198-213. 2003....
- Bayesian inference with probabilistic population codesWei Ji Ma
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Meliora Hall, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14627, USA
Nat Neurosci 9:1432-8. 2006..These results hold for arbitrary probability distributions over the stimulus, for tuning curves of arbitrary shape and for realistic neuronal variability...
- Gaussian-process factor analysis for low-dimensional single-trial analysis of neural population activityByron M Yu
Department of Electrical Engineering, Neurosciences Program, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
J Neurophysiol 102:614-35. 2009....
- Negative interspike interval correlations increase the neuronal capacity for encoding time-dependent stimuliM J Chacron
Department of Physics, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1N 6N5
J Neurosci 21:5328-43. 2001..This suggests that a rate code is used for the encoding of low-frequency stimuli, whereas spike timing is important for the encoding of high-frequency stimuli...
- A fragment library based on Gaussian mixtures predicting favorable molecular interactionsV V Rantanen
Department of Mathematics, University of Turku, FIN 20014, Turku, Finland
J Mol Biol 313:197-214. 2001..These analyses demonstrate that this approach can successfully narrow down the possibilities for both the interacting protein atom type and its location relative to a ligand fragment...
- Receptive field dynamics underlying MST neuronal optic flow selectivityChen Ping Yu
Department of Computer Sciences, Rochester Institute of Technology Rochester, Rochester, New York, USA
J Neurophysiol 103:2794-807. 2010..We conclude that MST's optic flow selectivity reflects dynamic interactions between spatially distributed local planar motion response mechanisms...
- Preliminary testing for normality: some statistical aspects of a common conceptV Schoder
proDERM, Institute for Applied Dermatological Research, Schenefeld, Hamburg, Germany
Clin Exp Dermatol 31:757-61. 2006..Adequacy of the statistical procedure depends among others on distributional assumptions. In dermatological articles, the choice between parametric and nonparametric methods is often based on preliminary goodness-of-fit tests...
- An information theoretic approach to EEG-fMRI integration of visually evoked responsesDirk Ostwald
Birmingham University Imaging Centre, School of Psychology, University of Birmingham, UK
Neuroimage 49:498-516. 2010....
- A simple and effective decision rule for choosing a significance test to protect against non-normalityDonald W Zimmerman
Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Br J Math Stat Psychol 64:388-409. 2011..computer software, protects the Type I error rate and increases power for various sample sizes, significance levels, and non-normal distribution shapes. Limitations of the procedure in the case of heterogeneity of variance are discussed.
- Empirical Bayes hierarchical models for regularizing maximum likelihood estimation in the matrix Gaussian Procrustes problemDouglas L Theobald
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, UCB 215, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:18521-7. 2006..Our analysis generalizes, simplifies, and extends results from previous discussions of the ML Procrustes problem. An iterative algorithm is presented for the simultaneous, numerical determination of the ML solutions...
- Theory of input spike auto- and cross-correlations and their effect on the response of spiking neuronsRubén Moreno-Bote
Departamento de Física Teórica Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Cantoblanco 28049, Madrid, Spain
Neural Comput 20:1651-705. 2008..We expect this formalism to be useful for the study of correlations in neuronal networks and their role in neural processing and information transmission...
- Probabilistic combination of slant information: weighted averaging and robustness as optimal perceptsAhna R Girshick
Department of Psychology and Center for Neural Science, New York University, New York, NY, USA
J Vis 9:8.1-20. 2009..We also asked whether observers had conscious access to the single-cue estimates when they exhibited robustness and found they did not, i.e. they completely fused despite the robust percepts...
- A closer look at the effect of preliminary goodness-of-fit testing for normality for the one-sample t-testJustine Rochon
Institute of Medical Biometry and Informatics, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Br J Math Stat Psychol 64:410-26. 2011..lognormal, uniform, Student's t-distribution with 2 degrees of freedom (t(2) ) and the standard normal distribution that had passed normality screening, as well as the ingredients of the test statistics calculated from ..
- Random dynamics of the Morris-Lecar neural modelTakashi Tateno
Department of Physiology, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EG, United Kingdom
Chaos 14:511-30. 2004..The interpretation of this result in terms of neuronal coding is that, despite the differences in the deterministic dynamics of class I and class II membranes, their responses to noise-like stimuli present a reliable feature...
- Magnetic field dependence of the distribution of NMR relaxation times in the living human brainA M Oros-Peusquens
Institute of Medicine, MR Group, Research Centre Julich, 52425 Julich, Germany
MAGMA 21:131-47. 2008..In this paper, however, only the T2 and T2* results on a single volunteer are presented. The reported field dependence of T2 and T2* values should, therefore, be given less weight than that of T1 times...
- Large standard deviations and logarithmic-normality: the truth about hemocyte counts in DrosophilaRichard Paul Sorrentino
Notre Dame Integrated Imaging Facility NDII F and Department of Biological Sciences, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN, USA
Fly (Austin) 4:327-32. 2010..in the distribution of individual values, many biological phenomena are not accurately described by the normal distribution. An unquestioned assumption of normality of distribution of possible outcomes can lead to misinterpretation ..
- Classification of a known sequence of motions and postures from accelerometry data using adapted Gaussian mixture modelsFelicity R Allen
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW, 2052, Australia
Physiol Meas 27:935-51. 2006..While limited to a restricted subset of possible motions and postures, these results provide a significant step in the search for a more robust and accurate ambulatory classification system...
- Two-dimensional time coding in the auditory brainstemSean J Slee
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
J Neurosci 25:9978-88. 2005..This study demonstrates the power of covariance analysis for investigating single neuron computation...
- Analyzing neural responses to natural signals: maximally informative dimensionsTatyana Sharpee
Sloan Swartz Center for Theoretical Neurobiology, Department of Physiology, University of California at San Francisco CA 94143, USA
Neural Comput 16:223-50. 2004..These ideas are illustrated in simulations on model visual and auditory neurons responding to natural scenes and sounds, respectively...
- Discrete dynamic Bayesian network analysis of fMRI dataJohn Burge
Department of Computer Science, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 1161, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 30:122-37. 2009..Limitations and extensions to the dDBN method are discussed...
- An empirical comparison of spatial scan statistics for outbreak detectionDaniel B Neill
HJ Heinz III College, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Int J Health Geogr 8:20. 2009..We evaluate the detection performance of twelve variants of spatial scan, using synthetic outbreaks injected into four real-world public health datasets...
- Gaussian process approach to spiking neurons for inhomogeneous Poisson inputsK I Amemori
Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Ikoma shi, Nara 630 0101, Japan
Neural Comput 13:2763-97. 2001..Our approach can consider the reset effect, which has been difficult to deal with by analysis based on the first passage time density...
- Analysis of correlations between energy and residue fluctuations in native proteins and determination of specific sites for bindingTurkan Haliloglu
Polymer Research Center, Bogazici University, Bebek, Istanbul, Turkey
Phys Rev Lett 102:088103. 2009..We test the validity of this postulate on a data set of 33 structurally distinct proteins in the unbound state. Detailed results are presented for drug binding to the HIV protease...
- Bayesian framework for least-squares support vector machine classifiers, gaussian processes, and kernel Fisher discriminant analysisT Van Gestel
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Department of Electrical Engineering ESAT SISTA, B 3001 Leuven, Belgium
Neural Comput 14:1115-47. 2002..Empirical results obtained on 10 public domain data sets show that the LS-SVM classifier designed within the Bayesian evidence framework consistently yields good generalization performances...
- Exploring the common dynamics of homologous proteins. Application to the globin familySandra Maguid
Universidad Nacional de Quilmes, B1876BXD Bernal, Argentina
Biophys J 89:3-13. 2005..The two lowest normal modes are shown to be conserved within this family. Our results encourage the development of models for protein evolution that take into account the conservation of dynamical features...
- Thorough validation of protein normal mode analysis: a comparative study with essential dynamicsManuel Rueda
Molecular Modeling and Bioinformatics Unit, Institut de Recerca Biomèdica, Parc Cientific de Barcelona, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Structure 15:565-75. 2007..The results provide not only a comprehensive validation of the use of a low-frequency modal spectrum to describe protein flexibility, but also a complete picture of normal mode limitations...
- Elastic network models for understanding biomolecular machinery: from enzymes to supramolecular assembliesChakra Chennubhotla
Department of Computational Biology, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, W1040 BST 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Phys Biol 2:S173-80. 2005..To this end, we introduce a new approach for building a hierarchical, reduced rank representation of the protein topology and consequently the fluctuation dynamics...
- Dynamics of proteins in crystals: comparison of experiment with simple modelsSibsankar Kundu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Biophys J 83:723-32. 2002..By incorporating the effect of neighboring molecules in the crystal the correlation is further improved...
- iGNM: a database of protein functional motions based on Gaussian Network ModelLee Wei Yang
Department of Computational Biology, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Bioinformatics 21:2978-87. 2005..The recent success of analytical methods based on elastic network models, and in particular the Gaussian Network Model (GNM), permits us to perform a high-throughput analysis of the collective dynamics of proteins...
- Statistical analysis of high-density oligonucleotide arrays: a multiplicative noise modelR Sasik
School of Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0679, USA
Bioinformatics 18:1633-40. 2002..Unlike LW and AMS, we do not assume probe-specific background (measured by the so-called mismatch probes). Rather, we assume uniform background, whose level is estimated using both the mismatch and perfect match probe intensities...
- Bayesian population decoding of motor cortical activity using a Kalman filterWei Wu
Division of Applied Mathematics, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Neural Comput 18:80-118. 2006..Additionally the formulation unifies and extends previous models of neural coding while providing insights into the motor-cortical code...
- Gaussian-weighted RMSD superposition of proteins: a structural comparison for flexible proteins and predicted protein structuresKelly L Damm
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1065, USA
Biophys J 90:4558-73. 2006..Comparing a predicted fold to its experimentally determined target structure is another case of comparing two protein conformations of the same sequence, and the degree of alignment directly reflects the quality of the prediction...
- oGNM: online computation of structural dynamics using the Gaussian Network ModelLee Wei Yang
Department of Computational Biology, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 34:W24-31. 2006..These results open the way to a rapid assessment of the dynamics of DNA/RNA-containing complexes. The server can be accessed at http://ignm.ccbb.pitt.edu/GNM_Online_Calculation.htm...
- A context-sensitive approach to anonymizing spatial surveillance data: impact on outbreak detectionChristopher A Cassa
Children s Hospital Boston, Informatics Program Mandl Group, 1 Autumn Street, 721, Boston, MA 02215 5362 USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 13:160-5. 2006..Further, we measure the impact of the skew on detection of spatial clustering as measured by a spatial scanning statistic...
- Eckart axis conditions, Gauss' principle of least constraint, and the optimal superposition of molecular structuresGerald R Kneller
Centre de Biophysique Moleculaire, CNRS, rue Charles Sadron, 45071 Orleans, France
J Chem Phys 128:194101. 2008..The importance of Eckart's problem for extracting the internal motions of macromolecules from simulated molecular dynamics trajectories is pointed out, and it is shown how the case of coarse-grained sampled trajectories can be treated...
- Sparse graphical Gaussian modeling of the isoprenoid gene network in Arabidopsis thalianaAnja Wille
Reverse Engineering Group, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH, Zurich
Genome Biol 5:R92. 2004..Genes of downstream pathways also fit well into the network. We evaluate our approach in a simulation study and using the yeast galactose network...
- Effects of spatial smoothing on fMRI group inferencesMichal Mikl
Department of Biomedical Engineering, FEEC, Brno University of Technology, Koleni 4, 612 00 Brno, Czech Republic
Magn Reson Imaging 26:490-503. 2008..For less robust experiments and fewer subjects in the study, a higher FWHM would be optimal for group inference than for single-subject inferences...
- Clustering expressed genes on the basis of their association with a quantitative phenotypeZhenyu Jia
Department of Botany and Plant Sciences, University of California, Riverside, 92521, USA
Genet Res 86:193-207. 2005..The method was verified by analysing two simulated datasets, and further demonstrated using real data generated in a microarray experiment for the study of gene expression associated with Alzheimer's disease...
- Modelling of discrete spatial variation in epidemiology with SAS using GLIMMIXSøren Rasmussen
National Institute of Public Health, Svanemøllevej 25 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Comput Methods Programs Biomed 76:83-9. 2004..The code gives epidemiologists and bio-statisticians an immediate tool for analysing discrete spatial models in a familiar statistical software package...
- General-purpose filter design for neural prosthetic devicesLakshminarayan Srinivasan
Center for Nervous System Repair, Department of Neurosurgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Neurophysiol 98:2456-75. 2007..These simulated results predict that the unified framework outperforms previous approaches under various conditions, in the control of position and velocity, based on trajectory and endpoint mean squared errors...
- Information theoretical evaluation of parametric models of gain control in blowfly photoreceptor cellsJ H van Hateren
Department of Neurobiophysics, University of Groningen, Nijenborgh 4, NL 9747 AG Groningen, The Netherlands
Vision Res 41:1851-65. 2001..Any remaining peaks that would drive the photoreceptor out of its dynamic range are handled by the final compressive nonlinearity...
- A novel strategy for microarray quality control using Bayesian networksSampsa Hautaniemi
Institute of Signal Processing, Tampere University of Technology, PO Box 553, 33101 Tampere, Finland
Bioinformatics 19:2031-8. 2003..A typical microarray experiment consists of tens of thousands of spots on a microarray, making manual extraction of poor quality spots impossible. Thus, there is a need for a reliable and general microarray spot quality control strategy...
- Parametric modelling of cost data in medical studiesR M Nixon
Biostatistics Unit, University Forvie Site MRC, Robinson Way, Cambridge CB2 2SR, U K
Stat Med 23:1311-31. 2004..Skewed parametric distributions fit cost data better than the normal distribution, and should in principle be preferred for estimating the population mean cost...
- Normalization methods for analysis of microarray gene-expression dataYi Ju Chen
Division of Biometry and Risk Assessment, National Center for Toxicological Research, Food and Drug Administration, Jefferson, Arkansas 72079, USA
J Biopharm Stat 13:57-74. 2003..The method that combines a subset approach (median or lowess fit) for location adjustment with a global lowess fit for intensity adjustment appears to perform well...
- Contrast's effect on spatial summation by macaque V1 neuronsM P Sceniak
Center for Neural Science, New York University, 4 Washington Pl, New York, New York 10003, USA
Nat Neurosci 2:733-9. 1999..3-fold greater at low contrast. This adaptive increase in spatial summation at low contrast was seen in cells throughout V1 and was independent of surround inhibition...
- Diffuse photon propagation in multilayered geometriesJan Sikora
Institute of the Theory of Electrical Engineering, Measurement and Information Systems, Warsaw University of Technology, Koszykowa 75, 00 661 Warsaw, Poland
Phys Med Biol 51:497-516. 2006..Results are presented comparing these solutions to an independent Monte Carlo model, and for an example three layered head model...
- Wheeze detection using cepstral analysis in Gaussian Mixture ModelsJen Chien Chien
Department of Electrical Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:3168-71. 2007..If the threshold is bigger than zero, the sound is normal. Otherwise, the sound is wheeze. From experimental results, when the Gaussian mix number is 16, the accuracy of identification of wheeze is up to 90%...
- Multiscale probability density function analysis: non-Gaussian and scale-invariant fluctuations of healthy human heart rateKen Kiyono
Educational Physiology Laboratory, Graduate School of Education, The University of Tokyo, Japan
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 53:95-102. 2006..Our results strongly suggest the need for revising existing models of heart rate variability to incorporate the scale-invariance in the PDF...
- Statistical analyses of brain surfaces using Gaussian random fields on 2-D manifoldsRavi Bansal
New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 26:46-57. 2007....
- Fourth order approaches for localization of brain current sourcesLaurent Albera
INSERM UMR 642, Lab Traitement du Signal et de 1 Image, Faculty of Elec Engineering, Rennes 1 Univ, France
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 1:4498-501. 2006..Computer results display the superiority of the 4-RapMUSIC approach in different situations (two closed sources, additive Gaussian noise with unknown spatial covariance, ...) especially over classical algorithms...
- Diagnosis of Parkinsonian disorders using a channelized Hotelling observer model: proof of principleH Bal
Department of Radiology, Thomas Jefferson University, 132 S 10th Street, Main Bldg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Med Phys 34:3987-95. 2007..95 +/- 0.07; p < 0.0001 Fisher's exact test). Based on our results, we conclude that a CHO model has the potential to provide early and accurate diagnosis of Parkinsonian disorders, thereby improving patient management...
- Simple spontaneously active Hebbian learning model: homeostasis of activity and connectivity, and consequences for learning and epileptogenesisDavid Hsu
Department of Neurology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 76:041909. 2007..Based on our simulations, we predict that the postseizural and postdeafferentation states should be supercritical and epileptogenic. Furthermore, interventions that boost spontaneous activity should be protective against epileptogenesis...
- EMD-based 60-Hz noise filtering of the ECGAmit J Nimunkar
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:1904-7. 2007..The results are compared with traditional IIR-based bandstop filtering. This technique is also implemented for filtering power line noise during enhancement of stress ECG signals...
- Renyi entropy measures of heart rate GaussianityDouglas E Lake
Cardiovascular Division, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22908, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 53:21-7. 2006..Robust algorithms for estimating these quantities are presented along with estimates of their standard errors...
- Study on subset size selection in digital image correlation for speckle patternsBing Pan
FML, Dept of Engineering Mechanics, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Opt Express 16:7037-48. 2008..Numerical experiments have been performed to validate the proposed concepts, and the calculated results show good agreements with the theoretical predictions...
- Interspike interval statistics of a leaky integrate-and-fire neuron driven by Gaussian noise with large correlation timesTilo Schwalger
Humboldt Universitat Berlin, Newtonstrasse 15, D 12489 Berlin, Germany and RIKEN Brain Science Institute, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 77:031914. 2008..This is in contrast to findings of previous works on a simpler neuron model where the effect of noise correlations appeared in higher-order statistical measures...
- Clustering microarray gene expression data using weighted Chinese restaurant processZhaohui S Qin
Center for Statistical Genetics, Department of Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University of Michigan 1420 Washington Heights, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2029, USA
Bioinformatics 22:1988-97. 2006..However, substantial fluctuation contained in microarray data, lack of knowledge on the number of clusters and complex regulatory mechanisms underlying biological systems make the clustering problems tremendously challenging...
- A method for locating gradual changes in time seriesHeiko Hofer
Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of the Armed Forces, Munich, Germany
Biomed Tech (Berl) 52:137-42. 2007..Results show that the change-point estimates were close to their true values. In contrast, a systematic error of approximately half the change duration occurred when the gradual nature of the signal was neglected...
- Automated gating of flow cytometry data via robust model-based clusteringKenneth Lo
Department of Statistics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z2, Canada
Cytometry A 73:321-32. 2008..It tends to give more reproducible results, and helps reduce the significant subjectivity and human time cost encountered in manual gating analysis...
- Image restoration using space-variant Gaussian scale mixtures in overcomplete pyramidsJose A Guerrero-Colón
Department of Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence, Universidad de Granada, Spain
IEEE Trans Image Process 17:27-41. 2008..Its performance, measured visually and in L2-norm terms, is significantly higher than the original BLS-GSM method, both for denoising and deconvolution...
- Unforced translocation of a polymer chain through a nanopore: the solvent effectDongshan Wei
Beijing National Laboratory for Molecular Sciences, Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100080, People s Republic of China
J Chem Phys 126:204901. 2007..The simulation results here also show that the translocation time changes from a wide and asymmetric distribution with a long tail to a narrow and symmetric distribution with the increase of the difference of the solvent qualities...
- A novel tensor distribution model for the diffusion-weighted MR signalBing Jian
Department of Computer and Information Science and Engineering, University of Florida, P O Box 116120, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Neuroimage 37:164-76. 2007..Experimental results on both simulations and real data are presented to demonstrate the robustness and accuracy of the proposed algorithms...
- Numerical solutions for patterns statistics on Markov chainsGregory Nuel
Laboratoire Statistique et Genome, CNRS 8071, INRA 1152, UEVE, Evry, France
Stat Appl Genet Mol Biol 5:Article26. 2006..genopole.cnrs.fr/spatt) implementing all these methods is then used to compare all these approaches in terms of computational time and reliability in the most complete pattern statistics benchmark available at the present time...
- Estimation of laser beam pointing parameters in the presence of atmospheric turbulenceDeva K Borah
Klipsch School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, New Mexico 88003, USA
Appl Opt 46:6010-8. 2007..However, the ideas can be extended with appropriate pdf models to obtain more accurate results under strong turbulence conditions...
- Technical note: dose-volume histogram analysis in radiotherapy using the Gaussian error functionJames C L Chow
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Toronto, Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Med Phys 35:1398-402. 2008....
- A path algorithm for the support vector domain description and its application to medical imagingKarl Sjöstrand
Informatics and Mathematical Modelling, Technical University of Denmark, Kgs Lyngby, Denmark
Med Image Anal 11:417-28. 2007....
- Mixtures of Gaussians on tensor fields for DT-MRI segmentationRodrigo de Luis-Garcia
ETSI Telecomunicacion, University of Valladolid, Valladolid, Spain
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 10:319-26. 2007..Comparison with a recent and related segmentation approach is favorable to our method, showing its capability for the automatic extraction of anatomical structures in the white matter...
- Estimating dynamic models for gene regulation networksJiguo Cao
Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC V5A1S6, Canada
Bioinformatics 24:1619-24. 2008..Because some of the parameters involved in these ODEs are unknown, their values need to be inferred from the observed data...
- Biomarkers of olanzapine-induced weight gain in micePatrick F Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2013..6 kg or nearly 10 percent of initial body weight. The population, however, followed a normal distribution with the upper quartile gaining >20 kg and the lower quartile experiencing no weight gain...
- Nurse Practitioners Follow-up: Mobile Technology, Perinatal Outcomes, &ChargesJEAN L HANNAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Wilcoxon Signed Rank test, will be used if the assumption of normal distribution is not met. Significant differences in means will support the hypotheses.
- CHROMOSOME MOVEMENT IN PROMETAPHASEGary J Gorbsky; Fiscal Year: 2012..The mitotic spindle checkpoint is essential in ensuring the normal distribution of chromosomes...
- MODEL OF HYPERCORTISOLISM FOR MAJOR DEPRESSIONAlan F Schatzberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..Adult females with small hippocampal volumes (i.e., selected from the bottom third of a normal distribution) determined before initiation of the study will respond to repeated exposure to cycles of social isolation-..
- Imaging Vascular PhosphatidylethanolamineMing Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2013..3) Determine the normal distribution profile of vascular PE on a tissue level using target-specific MRI;we hypothesize that the level of PE at ..
- TAAR1 and the Control of WakefulnessThomas S Kilduff; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the present proposal, we will determine whether endogenous TAAR1 tone contributes to the normal distribution of sleep and wakefulness, the homeostatic response to sleep deprivation, and the response to endogenous and ..
- Imaging Individual Differences in Amphetamine EffectsTara L White; Fiscal Year: 2010..Sixty participants (half female) will be assessed, and participants will vary along a normal distribution of scores on Tellegen's Agentic Positive Emotionality and Harm Avoidance, the two robust, empirically ..
- High-dimensional unsupervised learning, with applications to genomicsDaniela Witten; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed approach involves applying shrinkage penalties to the matrix-variate normal distribution. Aim 3: A tool for the integrative analysis of multiple genomic data types collected on a single set of ..
- Lexical and Cognitive Processing in Early Language DelayERICA M ELLIS; Fiscal Year: 2013..diagnostic category but simply refers to infants who have language abilities in the lower end of the normal distribution. Recent work by Dollaghan (2004, 2011) suggests that children with SLI may represent the lower end of a ..
- Trigeminal Neuropathic Pain MechanismsMichael Henry; Fiscal Year: 2006..The hypothesis is that there will be a change in the normal distribution of the sodium channel isoforms following injury that correlates with behavioral evidence for altered ..
- CYTOSKELETAL PROTEINS IN RETINAL PHOTORECEPTORSMICHAEL CHAITIN; Fiscal Year: 1991..Any variations from the normal distribution will be documented...
- PIGMENT INFLUENCES ON AUDITORY STRUCTURE & FUNCTIONJOHN CONLEE; Fiscal Year: 1992..Albinos of a species have a normal distribution of melanocytes which completely lack melanin...
- RESPIRATORY ANAPHYLAXIS TO INDUSTRIAL CHEMICALSMERYL KAROL; Fiscal Year: 1991..are unrestrained being kept in whole body plethysmographs, assuring normal breathing patterns and thus normal distribution of chemical in the respiratory tract, and no immunologic adjuvants are used to artificially stimulate an ..
- MITRAL VALVE REGURGITATION INDUCES STRUCTURAL CHANGESRichard Cochran; Fiscal Year: 2000..is affected by disease, the functional anatomy is often altered, the valve becomes regurgitant, and the normal distribution of mechanical stresses is disrupted...
- ALCOHOL, APOLIPOPROTEIN-J BIOCHEMISTRY, AND HDL FUNCTIONPradeep Ghosh; Fiscal Year: 1999..plasma Apo J levels and its distribution in HDL subspecies and effects of chronic ethanol treatment on the normal distribution profile. 2...
- Gene Delivery Vehicles for Cancer Gene TherapyFrank Marini; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific Aim 2: To investigate the tumor targeting ability and normal distribution of MSC in vivo utilizing noninvasive imaging techniques...
- EFFECT OF EXERCISE ON BONE MODELING DURING GROWTHLouis Draganich; Fiscal Year: 1993..to maintain a uniform distribution of strain at functionally equivalent sites; (2) that disruption of the normal distribution of strain, rather than elevated strain per se, is most critical for eliciting adaptive bone modeling; and (..
- SUBSAMPLING METHODS FOR SPATIAL AND LONGITUDINAL DATAMichael Sherman; Fiscal Year: 2000..confidence intervals by "mixing" the empirical distribution of the replicates with that of the limiting normal distribution. The methodology is sufficiently general and will be extended to handle other data structures...
- IN VITRO CHEMICAL CARCINOGENESISELLEN BORENFREUND; Fiscal Year: 1980..abnormal cytoplasmic aggregates of intermediate filaments, with murine hepatoma cells which show a normal distribution of intermediate filaments, will be examined in an effort to determine the type and extent of genetic ..
- Body Plan Formation in Early Mouse EmbryoYusuke Marikawa; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will test this hypothesis by overexpressing Stat3 and Leptin in the mouse egg to disturb their normal distribution. We will also use constitutive active and dominant negative constructs of Stat3 to examine the function of ..
- Biomodulation of capecitabine by docetaxel in non-small*MIGUEL VILLALONA; Fiscal Year: 2005..in peripheral mononuclear cells will be measured to establish relationships to toxicity within the DPD normal distribution. The proposed research has the potential of identifying a new combination treatment for advanced NSCLC and ..
- Molecular Epidemiology of Alcoholism 2- Big SibshipsAndrew Heath; Fiscal Year: 2007..82) as well as with nicotine dependence (0.72); (iii) a continuous and approximately normal distribution in the population; and (iv) high test-retest reliability (0.74-0.81 retest correlations)...
- Increasing the Validity of Client Satisfaction SurveysDON SCANDELL; Fiscal Year: 2002..That is, both the ranking task and the open- end questions will result in lower CSQ-8 scores and a more normal distribution. Additionally, it is predicted that this new methodology will result in a stronger association between ..
- Molecular Epidemiology of Alcoholism 3 - EDAC FamiliesAndrew Heath; Fiscal Year: 2005..82) as well as with nicotine dependence (0.72); a continuous and approximately normal distribution in the population; high test-retest reliability (0.74-0.81 retest correlations)...
- Visual and Attentional Processing in Adult DyslexiaJennifer Feeney; Fiscal Year: 2003..a coherent motion detection task, and to select dyslexic readers who demonstrate a deficit compared to the normal distribution. Following the recruitment of matched normal control subjects, the next step will be to assess both groups ..
- Epigenesis of Cerebral Asymmetry in TwinsMark Eckert; Fiscal Year: 2004..Identifying the relative environmental and genetic contributions to the normal distribution of cerebral asymmetry is a critical step in identifying specific causal factors that facilitate or limit ..
- Apoptosis and transport mechanisms in neurodegenerationDavid DeWitt; Fiscal Year: 2002..Nocodozol will be used to disrupt microtubules to possibly restore the normal distribution of organelles...
- QUANTITATIVE 2D OXYGEN MAPPING IN TISSUEJ Randolph; Fiscal Year: 1992..Such instruments could be used to develop understanding of the normal distribution of oxygen in diverse tissues and to understand how the distribution may change during pathological ischemia ..
- Delineating the function of PRL-1 in Drosophila.LESLIE SAUCEDO; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will also genetically modified dPRL-1 in an attempt to override its normal distribution so that we can definitively determine whether subcellular localization regulates dPRL-1 function...
- A statistical learning model for predicting noise-induced hearing loss in humansRoger P Hamernik; Fiscal Year: 2010..Statistical learning models will be developed to achieve this goal. ..
- Model for prediction of noise-induced hearing lossROGER HAMERNIK; Fiscal Year: 2005..The chinchilla model can be used as a template or a guide for developing a human model possibly from some of the existing human data from which current standards were developed. ..
- Quantitative Assessment of Murine Tumors with MicroPET.Craig Abbey; Fiscal Year: 2004..The third study proposes a study in which a well-known therapeutic agent, tamoxifen, is introduced. The data from this study will allow evaluation of the magnitude and statistical significance of a therapeutic effect. ..
- THE DETERMINANTS OF INFANT MORTALITY: STATISTICAL MODELSTIMOTHY GAGE; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will develop and make available programs for conducting Covariate Density Defined mixtures of GLMs. ..
- Synchronized Firing in the RetinaEDUARDO CHICHILNISKY; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Improving the spatial resolution of ultrasonic imaging using coded excitationMichael Oelze; Fiscal Year: 2008..Effects of focusing, phase aberration and attenuation on performance of the REC technique will be quantified. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Statistical Methods in Diagnostic MedicineXiao Hua Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, we will develop general group sequential designs for comparative ROC studies using nonparametrically estimated ROC curves. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CRCNS: Complete functional characterization of a population of retinal ganglion cEDUARDO J CHICHILNISKY; Fiscal Year: 2010..In summary, knowing how the entire retinal network encodes the visual scene in spike trains is a key element in understanding the healthy visual system and designing prosthetic treatments for retinas damaged by disease. ..
- PERCEPTUAL MODEL FOR WORKSTATION DISPLAY OPTIMIZATIONDev Chakraborty; Fiscal Year: 2003..Also to be generated are iso-contour plots of the effects of common workstation variables on image quality in both tasks. This will allow digital mammography workstations to be more intelligently used. ..
- Statistics in Alzheimer's PublicationsChengjie Xiong; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Causal Analysis of Encouragement Design StudiesXiao Hua Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2004..In this proposal, we will develop a general statistical methodology for causal treatment analysis of the randomized EDS when data have a complicated structure. ..
- Regression Analysis of Health Care CostsXiao Hua Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2004..Furthermore, contributions will be demonstrated in the area of health services research by applying the proposed methods to analyze of total health care costs in four existing datasets. ..
- Tumor Diagnosis through Enhanced Ultrasound ImagingMichael Oelze; Fiscal Year: 2003..6. Several techniques for combining typical ultrasound images with the quantification of tissue microstructures will be evaluated for facilitation of clinical detection and diagnosis of disease. ..
- PERCEPTUAL MODEL FOR WORKSTATION DISPLAY OPTIMIZATIONDev Chakraborty; Fiscal Year: 2002..Also to be generated are iso-contour plots of the effects of common workstation variables on image quality in both tasks. This will allow digital mammography workstations to be more intelligently used. ..
- Temporal Integration of Acoustic Detail in SpeechBob McMurray; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- MODELS OF CORTICAL NEURAL CODING OF AUDITORY SPACERICK JENISON; Fiscal Year: 2001..This approach of integrating theoretical modeling with electrophysiological and psychophysical analyses will provide new insights into cortiucal mechanisms underlying spatial hearing and drive new physiological and behavioral studies. ..
- ENSEMBLE CODING OF VISUAL INFORMATION IN THE RETINAEDUARDO CHICHILNISKY; Fiscal Year: 2004..Aim 3. Does retinal signaling limit accuracy of behavioral and cortical motion sensing? This part will include psychophysical studies as well as correlation with recordings in MT obtained from other investigators. ..
- PROTEIN STRUCTURE BY ANALYSIS OF SPIN LABEL INTERACTIONSERIC HUSTEDT; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Statistical Methods for Identifying Genes Associated with Diabetes DevelopmentYinglei Lai; Fiscal Year: 2007..R-package based computer programs will be developed, tested, documented, and freely distributed to the scientific community. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Capturing cancer cells with peptide bead technologyDerick Lau; Fiscal Year: 2003..The development of this technology will greatly enhance our ability of diagnosing malignant pleural effusion, and it will provide a model for capturing and expanding exfoliated malignant cells in other body fluids. ..
- REGULATION AND FUNCTION OF MAMMALIAN MYOSIN IMitsuo Ikebe; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- STATISTICAL METHODS FOR QUANTITATIVE PETRichard Leahy; Fiscal Year: 2001..Lesion detection will be studied using data from a realistic breast & thorax phantom and simulated lesions added to human data. Our optimized software will be made available to our collaborators and other interested research sites. ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANICS OF FHC & DCM MUTANT ACTOMYOSINDavid Warshaw; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Local field potentials in the basal gangliaTHOMAS N WICHMANN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Conceivably, such criteria could be used in the next generation of DBS devices to trigger 'on-demand'stimulation. ..
- Effects/Prenatal Alcohol Exposure/Dermatoglyphic TraitsDARRYL HOLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2005..This would enable mapping of the periods of development most sensitive to prenatal alcohol exposure. ..
- Pattern Perception Measures for Cochlear-Implant UsersDONNA NEFF; Fiscal Year: 2006..In the course of completing these aims, the PI will acquire the necessary knowledge, skills, and data for a competitive R21 or R01 application in this area. ..
- Regulation of Mammalian Class VI MyosinMitsuo Ikebe; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Functional Imaging of Decision NetworksVINCENT FERRERA; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Causal Models for CVD Use by Aspirin and Vitamin E in the Women's Health StudyNancy Cook; Fiscal Year: 2008..The findings of reduced risk of CVD mortality, however, as well as effects by age, should be explored further to clarify the public health message. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of Nicotine Dependence in ADHD AdultsScott Kollins; Fiscal Year: 2008..Data generated will also lead to subsequent clinical projects to develop more effective interventions for nicotine dependence in this high risk group. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Epigenetic Chromatin Changes as Melanoma MarkersRuth Halaban; Fiscal Year: 2006..Altogether, the results are likely to generate a novel marker(s) that can be used to assess propensity for malignant transformation, tumor progression and/or sensitivity to chemotherapeutic drugs that target chromatin conformation. ..
- International Symposium on Biomedical ImagingRichard Leahy; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally we will plan to provide a number of passes for students and postdocs to attend the short courses on the first morning of the meeting. ..
- NEW FUNCTIONAL MODELS FOR BIOMEDICAL DATAWensheng Guo; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed methods are motivated by and will be applied to the clinical studies that the principal investigator is directly or indirectly involved. ..