Genomes and Genes
predictive value of tests
Summary: In screening and diagnostic tests, the probability that a person with a positive test is a true positive (i.e., has the disease), is referred to as the predictive value of a positive test; whereas, the predictive value of a negative test is the probability that the person with a negative test does not have the disease. Predictive value is related to the sensitivity and specificity of the test.
Publications377 found, 100 shown here
- Gene expression profiling predicts clinical outcome of breast cancerLaura J van 't Veer
Division of Diagnostic Oncology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, 121 Plesmanlaan, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nature 415:530-6. 2002..This gene expression profile will outperform all currently used clinical parameters in predicting disease outcome. Our findings provide a strategy to select patients who would benefit from adjuvant therapy...
- Prediction of plant microRNA targetsMatthew W Rhoades
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, 9 Cambridge Center, MA 02142, USA
Cell 110:513-20. 2002..The targeting of developmental transcription factors suggests that many plant miRNAs function during cellular differentiation to clear key regulatory transcripts from daughter cell lineages...
- A simple noninvasive index can predict both significant fibrosis and cirrhosis in patients with chronic hepatitis CChun Tao Wai
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Hepatology 38:518-26. 2003..Application of this index may decrease the need for staging liver biopsy specimens among CHC patients...
- The diagnostic odds ratio: a single indicator of test performanceAfina S Glas
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Amsterdam, Academic Medical Center, Post Office Box 22700, 100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Epidemiol 56:1129-35. 2003..A disadvantage is the impossibility of weighing the true positive and false positive rate separately. In this article the application of the diagnostic odds ratio in test evaluation is illustrated...
- Prediction of mammalian microRNA targetsBenjamin P Lewis
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Cell 115:787-98. 2003..The predicted regulatory targets of mammalian miRNAs were enriched for genes involved in transcriptional regulation but also encompassed an unexpectedly broad range of other functions...
- Expert consensus document on arterial stiffness: methodological issues and clinical applicationsStephane Laurent
Department of Pharmacology and Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou, Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, INSERM U652, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Eur Heart J 27:2588-605. 2006....
- Development and first validation of the COPD Assessment TestP W Jones
St George s University of London, UK
Eur Respir J 34:648-54. 2009..It has good measurement properties, is sensitive to differences in state and should provide a valid, reliable and standardised measure of COPD health status with worldwide relevance...
- Prediction of clinical cardiovascular events with carotid intima-media thickness: a systematic review and meta-analysisMatthias W Lorenz
Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Department for Neurology, Schleusenweg 2 16, D 60528 Frankfurt Main, Germany
Circulation 115:459-67. 2007..Its use relies on its ability to predict future clinical cardiovascular end points. We performed a systematic review and meta-analysis of data to examine this association...
- Quantification of coronary artery calcium using ultrafast computed tomographyA S Agatston
Mount Sinai Medical Center, Miami Beach, Florida 33140
J Am Coll Cardiol 15:827-32. 1990..Ultrafast computed tomography is an excellent tool for detecting and quantifying coronary artery calcium...
- The diabetes risk score: a practical tool to predict type 2 diabetes riskJaana Lindström
Department of Epidemiology and Health Promotion, National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Diabetes Care 26:725-31. 2003..Interventions to prevent type 2 diabetes should be directed toward individuals at increased risk for the disease. To identify such individuals without laboratory tests, we developed the Diabetes Risk Score...
- Exercise capacity and mortality among men referred for exercise testingJonathan Myers
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center and the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, Calif CA 94304, USA
N Engl J Med 346:793-801. 2002..There is also uncertainty regarding the predictive power of exercise capacity relative to other clinical and exercise-test variables...
- Waist circumference and not body mass index explains obesity-related health riskIan Janssen
Department of Community Health and Epidemiology, Queen s University, Kingston, Canada
Am J Clin Nutr 79:379-84. 2004..The addition of waist circumference (WC) to body mass index (BMI; in kg/m(2)) predicts a greater variance in health risk than does BMI alone; however, whether the reverse is true is not known...
- Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) as a biomarker for acute renal injury after cardiac surgeryJaya Mishra
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Lancet 365:1231-8. 2005..We tested the hypothesis that neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) is an early biomarker for ischaemic renal injury after cardiopulmonary bypass...
- Diagnostic performance of coronary angiography by 64-row CTJulie M Miller
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore 21287, USA
N Engl J Med 359:2324-36. 2008..The accuracy of multidetector computed tomographic (CT) angiography involving 64 detectors has not been well established...
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance and single-photon emission computed tomography for diagnosis of coronary heart disease (CE-MARC): a prospective trialJohn P Greenwood
Multidisciplinary Cardiovascular Research Centre and Leeds Institute of Genetics, Health and Therapeutics, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Lancet 379:453-60. 2012....
- Accuracy of neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) in diagnosis and prognosis in acute kidney injury: a systematic review and meta-analysisMichael Haase
Department of Nephrology and Intensive Care Medicine, Charite University Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Am J Kidney Dis 54:1012-24. 2009..Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) appears to be a promising biomarker for the early diagnosis of acute kidney injury (AKI); however, a wide range in its predictive value has been reported...
- Ankle brachial index combined with Framingham Risk Score to predict cardiovascular events and mortality: a meta-analysisF G R Fowkes
JAMA 300:197-208. 2008..Prediction models to identify healthy individuals at high risk of cardiovascular disease have limited accuracy. A low ankle brachial index (ABI) is an indicator of atherosclerosis and has the potential to improve prediction...
- Use and misuse of the receiver operating characteristic curve in risk predictionNancy R Cook
Division of Preventive Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 900 Commonwealth Ave East, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Circulation 115:928-35. 2007..As novel risk factors are discovered, sole reliance on the c statistic to evaluate their utility as risk predictors thus seems ill-advised...
- An automated method for finding molecular complexes in large protein interaction networksGary D Bader
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, MT, Sinai Hospital, Toronto ON Canada M5G 1X5, Dept, of Biochemistry, University of Toronto, Toronto ON Canada M5S 1A8
BMC Bioinformatics 4:2. 2003..As the size of the interaction set increases, databases and computational methods will be required to store, visualize and analyze the information in order to effectively aid in knowledge discovery...
- Physical activity in patients with COPDH Watz
Pulmonary Research Institute Hospital Grosshansdorf, Center for Pneumology and Thoracic Surgery, Woehrendamm 80, Grosshansdorf, Germany
Eur Respir J 33:262-72. 2009..Clinical characteristics of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease only incompletely reflect their physical activity...
- Internal validation of predictive models: efficiency of some procedures for logistic regression analysisE W Steyerberg
Center for Clinical Decision Sciences, Ee 2091, Department of Public Health, Erasmus University, P O Box 1738, 3000 DR, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Epidemiol 54:774-81. 2001..We conclude that split-sample validation is inefficient, and recommend bootstrapping for estimation of internal validity of a predictive logistic regression model...
- Prognostic and predictive factors in breast cancer by immunohistochemical analysisD C Allred
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78284, USA
Mod Pathol 11:155-68. 1998..In the future, these and other factors will be incorporated into a prognostic index that will better reflect the biologic diversity of breast cancer and that will more accurately predict clinical outcome...
- Gene expression and benefit of chemotherapy in women with node-negative, estrogen receptor-positive breast cancerSoonmyung Paik
Division of Pathology, Operations Center, and Biostatistical Center, National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:3726-34. 2006..The relationship between the RS and chemotherapy benefit is not known...
- Comparison of abdominal adiposity and overall obesity in predicting risk of type 2 diabetes among menYoufa Wang
Department of Human Nutrition and Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 81:555-63. 2005..However, few studies have compared the predictive power of overall obesity with that of central obesity. The cutoffs for waist circumference (WC) and waist-to-hip ratio (WHR) as measures of abdominal adiposity remain controversial...
- Experimentally derived metastasis gene expression profile predicts recurrence and death in patients with colon cancerJ Joshua Smith
Department of Surgery, Vanderbilt Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA
Gastroenterology 138:958-68. 2010..We used a gene expression profile derived from invasive, murine colon cancer cells that were highly metastatic in an immunocompetent mouse model to identify patients with colon cancer at risk of recurrence...
- Modified glomerular filtration rate estimating equation for Chinese patients with chronic kidney diseaseYing Chun Ma
Division of Nephrology and Institute of Nephrology, The First Hospital, Peking University, No 8 Xishiku Street, Xicheng District, Beijing 100034, PR China
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:2937-44. 2006..The modified MDRD equations that were based on the Chinese patients with CKD offered significant advantages in different CKD stages and could be applied in clinical practice, at least in Chinese patients with CKD...
- Antibodies against cyclic citrullinated peptide and IgA rheumatoid factor predict the development of rheumatoid arthritisSolbritt Rantapaa-Dahlqvist
Umea Universitet, Umea, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 48:2741-9. 2003....
- The molecular portraits of breast tumors are conserved across microarray platformsZhiyuan Hu
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
BMC Genomics 7:96. 2006..To overcome this problem we used publicly available breast cancer gene expression data sets and a novel approach to data fusion, in order to validate a new breast tumor intrinsic list...
- Ki67 in breast cancer: prognostic and predictive potentialRinat Yerushalmi
Division of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Lancet Oncol 11:174-83. 2010....
- Development of a simple noninvasive index to predict significant fibrosis in patients with HIV/HCV coinfectionRichard K Sterling
Section of Hepatology, Virginia Commonwealth University Health System, Richmond, VA 23298 0341, USA
Hepatology 43:1317-25. 2006..In conclusion, noninvasive tests can accurately predict hepatic fibrosis and may reduce the need for liver biopsy in the majority of HIV/HCV-coinfected patients...
- T1 mapping of the myocardium: intra-individual assessment of the effect of field strength, cardiac cycle and variation by myocardial regionNadine Kawel
Radiology and Imaging Sciences and Molecular Biomedical Imaging Laboratory, National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 14:27. 2012..The purpose of this study was to evaluate acquisition factors that may result in variation of measured T1 time and ECV including magnetic field strength, cardiac phase and myocardial region...
- Survival model predictive accuracy and ROC curvesPatrick J Heagerty
Department of Biostatistics, University of Washington, P O Box 357232, Seattle, Washington 98195 7232, USA
Biometrics 61:92-105. 2005..Semiparametric estimation methods appropriate for both proportional and nonproportional hazards data are introduced, evaluated in simulations, and illustrated using two familiar survival data sets...
- TIMI risk score for ST-elevation myocardial infarction: A convenient, bedside, clinical score for risk assessment at presentation: An intravenous nPA for treatment of infarcting myocardium early II trial substudyD A Morrow
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Circulation 102:2031-7. 2000..Complex multivariable models identify independent predictors and quantify their relative contribution to mortality risk but are too cumbersome to be readily applied in clinical practice...
- Predictors of posttraumatic stress disorder and symptoms in adults: a meta-analysisEmily J Ozer
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0984, USA
Psychol Bull 129:52-73. 2003..17) and peritraumatic dissociation the largest (weighted r = .35). The results suggest that peritraumatic psychological processes, not prior characteristics, are the strongest predictors of PTSD...
- Performance of comorbidity scores to control for confounding in epidemiologic studies using claims dataS Schneeweiss
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Epidemiol 154:854-64. 2001..7% and 6.2%, respectively) for predicting mortality. Generalizability of results may be limited to an elderly, predominantly White population with equal access to state-funded health care...
- Cross-sectional relations of digital vascular function to cardiovascular risk factors in the Framingham Heart StudyNaomi M Hamburg
Cardiology Section, Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, School of Medicine, Boston University, Boston, Mass 01702, USA
Circulation 117:2467-74. 2008..Baseline digital pulse amplitude reflects local peripheral arterial tone. The relation of digital pulse amplitude and digital hyperemic response to cardiovascular risk factors in the community is unknown...
- Association between extracellular matrix expansion quantified by cardiovascular magnetic resonance and short-term mortalityTimothy C Wong
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Circulation 126:1206-16. 2012....
- Prognostic and predictive value of the 21-gene recurrence score assay in postmenopausal women with node-positive, oestrogen-receptor-positive breast cancer on chemotherapy: a retrospective analysis of a randomised trialKathy S Albain
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Maywood, IL, USA
Lancet Oncol 11:55-65. 2010....
- Myocardial edema as detected by pre-contrast T1 and T2 CMR delineates area at risk associated with acute myocardial infarctionMartin Ugander
Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 5:596-603. 2012..The aim of this study was to determine whether cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR) in vivo T1 mapping can measure myocardial area at risk (AAR) compared with microspheres or T2 mapping CMR...
- Myocardial T1 and extracellular volume fraction mapping at 3 teslaJason J Lee
Radiology and Imaging Sciences, National Institutes of Health Clinical Center, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 13:75. 2011..To compare 11 heartbeat (HB) and 17 HB modified lock locker inversion recovery (MOLLI) pulse sequence at 3T and to establish preliminary reference values for myocardial T1 and the extracellular volume fraction (ECV)...
- International staging system for multiple myelomaPhilip R Greipp
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group, Rochester, MN, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:3412-20. 2005..There is a need for a simple, reliable staging system for multiple myeloma that can be applied internationally for patient classification and stratification...
- Molecular classification of cancer: class discovery and class prediction by gene expression monitoringT R Golub
Whitehead Institute Massachusetts Institute of Technology Center for Genome Research, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Science 286:531-7. 1999....
- Superiority of ambulatory over clinic blood pressure measurement in predicting mortality: the Dublin outcome studyEamon Dolan
ADAPT Centre, Beaumont Hospital, Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Royal College of Surgeons, Dublin, Ireland
Hypertension 46:156-61. 2005..These results have 2 important clinical messages: ambulatory measurement of blood pressure is superior to clinic measurement in predicting cardiovascular mortality, and nighttime blood pressure is the most potent predictor of outcome...
- The Fatty Liver Index: a simple and accurate predictor of hepatic steatosis in the general populationGiorgio Bedogni
Centro Studi Fegato Liver Research Center, Area Science Park, Basovizza, Trieste, and Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Macromolecular Chemistry, University of Trieste, Trieste, Italy
BMC Gastroenterol 6:33. 2006..Fatty liver (FL) is the most frequent liver disease in Western countries. We used data from the Dionysos Nutrition & Liver Study to develop a simple algorithm for the prediction of FL in the general population...
- Prognostic impact of coronary vasodilator dysfunction on adverse long-term outcome of coronary heart diseaseV Schachinger
Department of Internal Medicine IV, Division of Cardiology, J W Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Circulation 101:1899-906. 2000..Therefore, we prospectively investigated whether coronary endothelial dysfunction predicts disease progression and cardiovascular event rates...
- Shortened Modified Look-Locker Inversion recovery (ShMOLLI) for clinical myocardial T1-mapping at 1.5 and 3 T within a 9 heartbeat breathholdStefan K Piechnik
University of Oxford Centre for Clinical Magnetic Resonance Research, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 12:69. 2010..In this work we propose and validate a novel, clinically applicable, pulse sequence for myocardial T1-mapping that is compatible with typical limits for end-expiration breath-holding in patients...
- Biochemical markers of liver fibrosis in patients with hepatitis C virus infection: a prospective studyF Imbert-Bismut
Department of Biochemistry, , Paris, France
Lancet 357:1069-75. 2001..60 to 1.00 (34%  of all patients). INTERPRETATION: A combination of basic serum markers could be used to substantially reduce the number of liver biopsies done in patients with chronic HCV infection...
- Gamma-glutamyltransferase is a predictor of incident diabetes and hypertension: the Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults (CARDIA) StudyDuk Hee Lee
Department of Preventive Medicine, College of Medicine, Kosin University, Pusan, Korea 602 202
Clin Chem 49:1358-66. 2003..We performed a prospective study to examine whether serum GGT predicts diabetes and hypertension...
- An expression signature for p53 status in human breast cancer predicts mutation status, transcriptional effects, and patient survivalLance D Miller
Genome Institute of Singapore, 60 Biopolis Street, Singapore 138672
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:13550-5. 2005..Our results show the primary importance of p53 functional status in predicting clinical breast cancer behavior...
- Arterial stiffness and risk of coronary heart disease and stroke: the Rotterdam StudyFrancesco U S Mattace-Raso
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Circulation 113:657-63. 2006..We evaluated whether arterial stiffness is a predictor of coronary heart disease and stroke in a population-based study among apparently healthy subjects...
- Comparisons of percentage body fat, body mass index, waist circumference, and waist-stature ratio in adultsKatherine M Flegal
National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Hyattsville, MD 20782, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 89:500-8. 2009..Body mass index (BMI), waist circumference (WC), and the waist-stature ratio (WSR) are considered to be possible proxies for adiposity...
- Use of carotid ultrasound to identify subclinical vascular disease and evaluate cardiovascular disease risk: a consensus statement from the American Society of Echocardiography Carotid Intima-Media Thickness Task Force. Endorsed by the Society for VasculaJames H Stein
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 21:93-111; quiz 189-90. 2008
- Meta-analysis of risk factors for posttraumatic stress disorder in trauma-exposed adultsC R Brewin
Subdepartment of Clinical Health Psychology, University College London, England
J Consult Clin Psychol 68:748-66. 2000....
- HER2 status of circulating tumor cells in patients with metastatic breast cancer: a prospective, multicenter trialTanja Fehm
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Tubingen, Calwer Strasse 7, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 124:403-12. 2010..Therefore, it will be mandatory to correlate the assay-dependent HER2 status of CTCs to the clinical response on HER2-targeted therapies...
- Comparison of 2 frailty indexes for prediction of falls, disability, fractures, and death in older womenKristine E Ensrud
Center for Chronic Disease Outcomes Research, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, General Internal Medicine, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Arch Intern Med 168:382-9. 2008..Frailty, as defined by the index derived from the Cardiovascular Health Study (CHS index), predicts risk of adverse outcomes in older adults. Use of this index, however, is impractical in clinical practice...
- Gene expression profiling of primary cutaneous melanoma and clinical outcomeVeronique Winnepenninckx
Department of Pathology, Gustave Roussy Institute, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:472-82. 2006..To identify differentially expressed genes that may be involved in melanoma progression and prognosis, we investigated the relationship between gene expression profiles and clinical outcome in a cohort of patients with primary melanoma...
- Myocardial extravascular extracellular volume fraction measurement by gadolinium cardiovascular magnetic resonance in humans: slow infusion versus bolusErik B Schelbert
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 13:16. 2011..Assuming equivalence between techniques, we further hypothesized that Ve measures would be reproducible across scans...
- Urine NGAL predicts severity of acute kidney injury after cardiac surgery: a prospective studyMichael Bennett
Nephrology and Hypertension, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati School of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 3:665-73. 2008..In this study, whether an NGAL immunoassay developed for a standardized clinical platform (ARCHITECT analyzer, Abbott Diagnostics Division, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, IL) can predict AKI after CPB was tested...
- Accuracy of procalcitonin for sepsis diagnosis in critically ill patients: systematic review and meta-analysisBenjamin M P Tang
Department of Intensive Care Medicine, Nepean Hospital, Penrith, New South Wales, Australia
Lancet Infect Dis 7:210-7. 2007..The findings from this study do not lend support to the widespread use of the procalcitonin test in critical care settings...
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance measurement of myocardial extracellular volume in health and diseaseDaniel M Sado
The Heart Hospital, 16 18 Westmoreland St, London W1G 8PH, UK
Heart 98:1436-41. 2012....
- Translating clinical research into clinical practice: impact of using prediction rules to make decisionsBrendan M Reilly
Cook County Stroger Hospital and Rush Medical College, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Ann Intern Med 144:201-9. 2006..These considerations should inform future development, evaluation, and use of all clinical prediction or decision rules...
- Serum markers detect the presence of liver fibrosis: a cohort studyWilliam M C Rosenberg
Liver Group, Division of Infection, Inflammation and Repair, University of Southampton, England SO16 6YD
Gastroenterology 127:1704-13. 2004..We developed a panel of sensitive automated immunoassays to detect matrix constituents and mediators of matrix remodeling in serum to evaluate their performance in the detection of liver fibrosis...
- The metabolic syndrome as predictor of type 2 diabetes: the San Antonio heart studyCarlos Lorenzo
Division of Clinical Epidemiology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78284 7873, USA
Diabetes Care 26:3153-9. 2003....
- Accuracy of CT colonography for detection of large adenomas and cancersC Daniel Johnson
Mayo Clinic Arizona, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
N Engl J Med 359:1207-17. 2008..Computed tomographic (CT) colonography is a noninvasive option in screening for colorectal cancer. However, its accuracy as a screening tool in asymptomatic adults has not been well defined...
- T1 mapping of the myocardium: intra-individual assessment of post-contrast T1 time evolution and extracellular volume fraction at 3T for Gd-DTPA and Gd-BOPTANadine Kawel
Radiology and Imaging Sciences, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892 1074, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 14:26. 2012..The purpose of this study was to perform an intra-individual assessment of normal T1 time and ECV for two different contrast agents...
- Identification of chronic hepatitis C patients without hepatic fibrosis by a simple predictive modelXavier Forns
Liver Unit, Institut de Malalties Digestives, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Hepatology 36:986-92. 2002..In conclusion, a combination of easily accessible variables accurately predicts the absence of significant fibrosis and might render liver biopsy unnecessary in more than one third of patients with chronic hepatitis C...
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: predictors of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis and liver fibrosis in the severely obeseJ B Dixon
Monash University Department of Surgery, Alfred Hospital, Melbourne 3181, Victoria, Australia
Gastroenterology 121:91-100. 2001..Predicting advanced or progressive disease may help in selecting patients for liver biopsy and assist the development of therapeutic options...
- KRAS mutation status is predictive of response to cetuximab therapy in colorectal cancerAstrid Lievre
Universite Paris Descartes, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale UMR 775, Paris, France
Cancer Res 66:3992-5. 2006..The EGFR amplification, which is not as frequent as initially reported, is also associated with response to this treatment...
- Body fat distribution and risk of coronary heart disease in men and women in the European Prospective Investigation Into Cancer and Nutrition in Norfolk cohort: a population-based prospective studyDexter Canoy
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Circulation 116:2933-43. 2007..Body fat distribution has been cross-sectionally associated with atherosclerotic disease risk factors, but the prospective relation with coronary heart disease remains uncertain...
- Diagnostic performance of 64-multidetector row coronary computed tomographic angiography for evaluation of coronary artery stenosis in individuals without known coronary artery disease: results from the prospective multicenter ACCURACY (Assessment by CoroMatthew J Budoff
Department of Medicine, Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor UCLA, Torrance, California, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 52:1724-32. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the diagnostic accuracy of electrocardiographically gated 64-multidetector row coronary computed tomographic angiography (CCTA) in individuals without known coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Validation, updating and impact of clinical prediction rules: a reviewD B Toll
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Clin Epidemiol 61:1085-94. 2008..These steps include validity assessment, updating (if necessary), and impact assessment of clinical prediction rules...
- Gene expression profiles and molecular markers to predict recurrence of Dukes' B colon cancerYixin Wang
Veridex, LLC, a Johnson and Johnson Company, 3210 Merryfield Row, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:1564-71. 2004..In this study, we used DNA chip technology to systematically identify new prognostic markers for tumor relapse in Dukes' B patients...
- Benign and malignant thyroid nodules: US differentiation--multicenter retrospective studyWon Jin Moon
Department of Radiology, Kangbuk Samsung Hospital, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Radiology 247:762-70. 2008..To retrospectively evaluate the diagnostic accuracy of ultrasonographic (US) criteria for the depiction of benign and malignant thyroid nodules by using tissue diagnosis as the reference standard...
- Aortic stiffness is an independent predictor of primary coronary events in hypertensive patients: a longitudinal studyPierre Boutouyrie
Department of Pharmacology and INSERM EMI 0107, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Hypertension 39:10-5. 2002..This study provides the first direct evidence in a longitudinal study that aortic stiffness is an independent predictor of primary coronary events in patients with essential hypertension...
- Rapid diagnostic tests for malaria at sites of varying transmission intensity in UgandaHeidi Hopkins
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Infect Dis 197:510-8. 2008..In Africa, fever is often treated presumptively as malaria, resulting in misdiagnosis and the overuse of antimalarial drugs. Rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs) for malaria may allow improved fever management...
- Using serum creatinine to estimate glomerular filtration rate: accuracy in good health and in chronic kidney diseaseAndrew D Rule
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Ann Intern Med 141:929-37. 2004..However, healthy persons were not included in the development of the MDRD equation...
- The value of the UK Clinical Aptitude Test in predicting pre-clinical performance: a prospective cohort study at Nottingham Medical SchoolJanet Yates
Medical Education Unit, University of Nottingham Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
BMC Med Educ 10:55. 2010..The study objective was to determine whether UKCAT scores predict performance during the first two years of the 5-year undergraduate medical course at Nottingham...
- Evaluation of techniques for the quantification of myocardial scar of differing etiology using cardiac magnetic resonanceAndrew S Flett
Department of Cardiology, The Heart Hospital, University College London Hospitals NHS Trust, London, UK
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 4:150-6. 2011....
- Comparison of the Elixhauser and Charlson/Deyo methods of comorbidity measurement in administrative dataDanielle A Southern
Department of Community Health Sciences and The Centre for Health and Policy Studies, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Med Care 42:355-60. 2004..However, a new method defined by Elixhauser et al. has been introduced recently and could be superior, although it has not been validated widely...
- Considerations when measuring myocardial perfusion reserve by cardiovascular magnetic resonance using regadenosonNicole M Bhave
Departments of Medicine and Radiology, University of Chicago, Cardiac Imaging Center, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 14:89. 2012..We sought to determine the optimal regadenoson CMR protocol for quantifying myocardial perfusion reserve index (MPRi) - more specifically, whether regadenoson stress imaging should be performed before or after rest imaging...
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance by non contrast T1-mapping allows assessment of severity of injury in acute myocardial infarctionErica Dall'Armellina
Oxford Centre for Clinical Magnetic Resonance Research, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 14:15. 2012....
- Development of a universal dual-bolus injection scheme for the quantitative assessment of myocardial perfusion cardiovascular magnetic resonanceMasaki Ishida
Division of Imaging Sciences, The Rayne Institute, London, UK
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 13:28. 2011..As a solution to one of these problems, we have devised a universal dual-bolus injection scheme for use in a clinical setting. The purpose of this study is to show the setup and feasibility of the universal dual-bolus injection scheme...
- T2-weighted cardiovascular magnetic resonance in acute cardiac diseaseIngo Eitel
University of Leipzig Heart Center, Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, Leipzig, Germany
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 13:13. 2011..The principle of all things is water"Thales of Miletus (624 BC - 546 BC)...
- Which white blood cell subtypes predict increased cardiovascular risk?Benjamin D Horne
Cardiovascular Department, LDS Hospital, Salt Lake City, Utah 84143, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:1638-43. 2005..We sought to determine the predictive ability of total white blood cell (WBC) count and its subtypes for risk of death or myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Cardiovascular death and nonfatal myocardial infarction in acute coronary syndrome patients receiving coronary stenting are predicted by residual platelet reactivity to ADP detected by a point-of-care assay: a 12-month follow-upRossella Marcucci
Department of Medical and Surgical Critical Care and Center for Study at Molecular and Clinical Level of Chronic, Degenerative and Neoplastic Diseases to Develop Novel Therapies, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Circulation 119:237-42. 2009....
- High apolipoprotein B, low apolipoprotein A-I, and improvement in the prediction of fatal myocardial infarction (AMORIS study): a prospective studyG Walldius
Astra Zeneca, Mölndal and King Gustaf V Research Institute, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Lancet 358:2026-33. 2001..We also aimed to establish whether apoB and apoA-I add further information about risk of fatal myocardial infarction to that obtained with total cholesterol, triglycerides, and LDL-cholesterol...
- Anti-epithelial cell adhesion molecule antibodies and the detection of circulating normal-like breast tumor cellsAnieta M Sieuwerts
Department of Medical Oncology, Josephine Nefkens Institute, Cancer Genomics Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:61-6. 2009..New tests that include antibodies that specifically recognize normal-like breast tumor cells but not cells of hematopoietic origin are needed...
- Risk of malignancy in nonpalpable thyroid nodules: predictive value of ultrasound and color-Doppler featuresEnrico Papini
Department of Endocrine, Metabolic and Digestive Diseases, Ospedale Regina Apostolorum, Albano, Rome, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:1941-6. 2002..Nonpalpable lesions of the thyroid without risk factors should be followed by means of clinical and US evaluation...
- The AD8: a brief informant interview to detect dementiaJ E Galvin
Department of Neurology, Alzheimer Disease Research Center, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63108, USA
Neurology 65:559-64. 2005..Brief measures that accurately discriminate normal cognitive aging from very mild dementia are lacking. Cognitive tests often are insensitive to very mild dementia. Informant-based measures may be more sensitive in detecting early dementia...
- The NAFLD fibrosis score: a noninvasive system that identifies liver fibrosis in patients with NAFLDPaul Angulo
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Hepatology 45:846-54. 2007..By applying this model, a liver biopsy would have been avoided in 549 (75%) of the 733 patients, with correct prediction in 496 (90%)...
- Self rated health: Is it as good a predictor of subsequent mortality among adults in lower as well as in higher social classes?B Burstrom
Department of Public Health Sciences, Division of Social Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
J Epidemiol Community Health 55:836-40. 2001..To analyse the predictive power of self rated health for mortality in different socioeconomic groups...
- Gene-expression profiles predict survival of patients with lung adenocarcinomaDavid G Beer
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Nat Med 8:816-24. 2002..The identification of a set of genes that predict survival in early-stage lung adenocarcinoma allows delineation of a high-risk group that may benefit from adjuvant therapy...
- Survival predictability of time-varying indicators of bone disease in maintenance hemodialysis patientsK Kalantar-Zadeh
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, California 90502, USA
Kidney Int 70:771-80. 2006....
- Testosterone and sex hormone-binding globulin predict the metabolic syndrome and diabetes in middle-aged menDavid E Laaksonen
Department of Medicine, Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
Diabetes Care 27:1036-41. 2004..We assessed the association of low levels of testosterone and sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) with the development of the metabolic syndrome and diabetes in men...
- Predictive value of brachial flow-mediated dilation for incident cardiovascular events in a population-based study: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosisJoseph Yeboah
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Circulation 120:502-9. 2009..We assessed the predictive value of FMD for incident CVD events in the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA)...
- Simple cystatin C-based prediction equations for glomerular filtration rate compared with the modification of diet in renal disease prediction equation for adults and the Schwartz and the Counahan-Barratt prediction equations for childrenAnders Grubb
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Competence Centre for Clinical Research, Department of Nephrology, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Clin Chem 51:1420-31. 2005..73 m(2))(-1). The present study analyzes whether these GFR prediction equations for adults and children might be replaced by simple prediction equations based on plasma concentrations of cystatin C...
- MicroRNA targets in DrosophilaAnton J Enright
Computational Biology Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Genome Biol 5:R1. 2003..Application to the D. melanogaster, Drosophila pseudoobscura and Anopheles gambiae genomes identifies several hundred target genes potentially regulated by one or more known miRNAs...
- Use of multiple metabolic and genetic markers to improve the prediction of type 2 diabetes: the EPIC-Potsdam StudyMatthias B Schulze
Public Health Nutrition Unit, Technische Universitat Munchen, Freising, Germany
Diabetes Care 32:2116-9. 2009..We investigated whether metabolic biomarkers and single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) improve diabetes prediction beyond age, anthropometry, and lifestyle risk factors...
- Cardiac T2* magnetic resonance for prediction of cardiac complications in thalassemia majorP Kirk
Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Unit, Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney St, London SW3 6NP, UK
Circulation 120:1961-8. 2009..The goal of this study was to determine the predictive value of cardiac T2* magnetic resonance for heart failure and arrhythmia in thalassemia major...
- Semi-automatic quantification of 4D left ventricular blood flowJonatan Eriksson
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medical and Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 12:9. 2010..Methods for the quantification of intra-cardiac blood flow, with its 4D (3D+time) nature, are lacking. We sought to develop and validate a novel semi-automatic analysis approach that integrates flow and morphological data...
- Baseline MRI predictors of conversion from MCI to probable AD in the ADNI cohortShannon L Risacher
IU Center for Neuroimaging, Division of Imaging Sciences, Department of Radiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, 950 W Walnut St, R2 E124, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Curr Alzheimer Res 6:347-61. 2009..Validation of imaging biomarkers is important as they can help enrich clinical trials of disease modifying agents by identifying individuals at highest risk for progression to AD...
Research Grants113 found, 100 shown here
- Rapid Test for Monitoring Dust Mite Avoidance in HomesMartin Chapman; Fiscal Year: 2004..The predictive value of tests for mite Group 1 and Group 2 allergens will be compared to select the optimal test for allergen ..
- CT DEVICE FOR MICROIMAGING OF TISSUE SPECIMENS IN VIVOFelix Wehrli; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- NMR IMAGING AND STEREOLOGIC ANALYSIS OF TRABECULAR BONEFelix Wehrli; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Structural MRI of trabecular bone for therapy response monitoringFelix Wehrli; Fiscal Year: 2009..Already established Penn-internal partnerships with Dr. Charles Epstein (Department of Mathematics) and Dr. Peter Snyder (Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology) will be further expanded and strengthened. ..
- Osteoprotegerin and osteopontin in aortic aneurysmJonathan Golledge; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding the role of these calcium-controlling proteins in artery weakness and how drug therapy can interfere in these effects is an important step in the development of new treatment for aortic aneurysm. ..
- IN VIVO ASSESSMENT OF STEROID-INDUCED OSTEOPENIAFelix Wehrli; Fiscal Year: 2001..4) Supplementation of corticosteroid treatment with gonadal steroids alleviates bone loss. (5) The corticosteroid-induced changes in trabecular microarchitecture are accompanied by a predictable reduction in the bone's elastic modulus. ..
- Ventricular Size and Valve Calcification Measures by CTMatthew J Budoff; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- MRI-Based Virtual Bone BiopsyFelix Wehrli; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Structure-Function Assessment of Carotid Disease by MRFelix Wehrli; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Long-term Outcomes of Cochlear Implantation in Early ChildhoodAnn Geers; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition we will document the incidence and outcomes associated with discontinued use of a cochlear implant. ..
- Childhood Predictors and Consequences of Adult SmokingJudith Brook; Fiscal Year: 2008..Identification of childhood and adolescent factors that can lessen or compensate for the impact of tobacco use on later functioning would provide additional aids for effective prevention and treatment efforts. ..
- Reducing Risk Factors in Peripheral Arterial DiseaseMary Mcgrae McDermott; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Childhood Determinants of Adolescent / Adult Drug UseJudith S Brook; Fiscal Year: 2010..Identification of childhood and adolescent factors that can exacerbate the impact of substance use consequences on later adult functioning would provide additional information necessary for effective treatment efforts. ..
- Development of Improved Earphone for Hearing TestingRobert Margolis; Fiscal Year: 2008..In this project an earphone is being developed that can be used in both automated and manual testing and will significantly increase the efficiency, accuracy, and accessibility. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Lipoproteins, HIV, and Antiretroviral Therapy in SMARTDaniel Duprez; Fiscal Year: 2008..This proposal will produce additional information that will enhance their disease-free survival rate. (End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Inflammation and Peripheral Arterial Disease OutcomesMary McDermott; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results will be used to develop interventions to improve functioning and prevent functional decline in PAD. ..
- BLOOD FACTORS AND PERIPHERAL ARTERIAL DISEASE OUTCOMESMary McDermott; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- PERIPHERAL ARTERIAL DISEASE AND FUNCTIONAL OUTCOMESMary McDermott; Fiscal Year: 2001..They further state that the results of this study will be used to develop subsequent intervention studies designed to improve quality of life and prevent functional decline among men and women with PAD. ..
- Ethnic differences in peripheral arterial diseaseMichael Criqui; Fiscal Year: 2004..This is the first attempt to see if these newer risk markers can explain ethnic differences in PAD. Thus, this application is highly innovative and addresses original hypotheses. ..
- Aortic Calcium: epidemiology and progressionMichael Criqui; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- The Incidence and Progression of Peripheral Venous DiseaseMichael H Criqui; Fiscal Year: 2010..This application builds on the seminal findings in our prevalence study, and since no such incidence data exist, is original and innovative. ..
- Disparities in Analgesic Preference for Cancer Pain: A Conjoint Analysis StudySALIMAH MEGHANI; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- MOLECULAR MODELING OF DIAGNOSIS AND PROGNOSIS IN HNSCCMaria Worsham; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- California NeuroAIDS Tissue NetworkIgor Grant; Fiscal Year: 2007..The CNTN will coordinate its work closely with that of the other NNTC sites to assure that the entire NNTC develops as a national and international resource for research on neuroAIDS. ..
- Mechanisms By Which Endothelium Cells Sense Changes in HemodynamicsBauer Sumpio; Fiscal Year: 2007..4. Assess egr-1 and sp1 binding in MT1-MMP and PDGF-B promoters under mechanical stress 5.Assess the functional relevance of egr-1 in a low flow carotid model using an egr-1 knock-out mouse. ..
- ORWH: SCOR on Sex and Gender Factors Affecting Women's *Joel Greenspan; Fiscal Year: 2006..The pathophysiology of TMD is poorly understood, but several hypotheses based on sex-related factors have been proposed. Two of the proposed projects (#1and #3) direct efforts explicitly to evaluate such hypotheses. ..
- Brain ConnectionsMichelle Petri; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Cancer Care and Outcomes for Disabled Medicare PatientsLisa Iezzoni; Fiscal Year: 2006..These findings may suggest areas where more attention is needed, such as increasing cancer screening among disabled Medicare recipients or rethinking initial treatment strategies. ..
- Integrated Care for Depression and Chronic Back PainMichael Von Korff; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Iron and AtherosclerosisSubha Raman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Subgroup analyses will include comparison of the presence of iron symptomatic versus asymptomatic patients and women versus age-matched men. ..
- Revision of ACR Classification Criteria for Systemic Lupus ErythematosusMichelle Petri; Fiscal Year: 2007..This project will lead to updated, validated SLE classification criteria that can be immediately used by both industry and academic clinical trials. ..
- ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE AND NICOTINE DEPENDENCE TREATMENTJoseph R Guydish; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long term goal is to develop and disseminate organizational change technologies that can be applied broadly, beyond nicotine dependence, to support programs in adopting evidence based practices. ..
- A Novel Approach to Elucidate Mechanisms for Disparity in Cancer Pain OutcomesSalimah H Meghani; Fiscal Year: 2010..Findings will help identify targets sensitive to tailored, patient-centered interventions in improving equity in palliative care outcomes. ..
- (m) TOR signaling in EBV-associated lymphomasMariusz Wasik; Fiscal Year: 2007..role of TOR signaling in cell transformation of the lymphoma cells These studies may result in novel diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to the EBV-associated lymphomas in HIV/AIDS and other patients. ..
- Prognosis in BRCA1 Associated Breast CancerPamela Goodwin; Fiscal Year: 2007..Because this research is nested within the CFRBCS, the objectives can be addressed in a timely and cost effective manner. ..
- Morphology in typical and atypical bilingual developmentPEGGY JACOBSON; Fiscal Year: 2007..4) To compare bilingual outcomes for groups of typical and atypical language learners. 5) To examine SLI within existing accounts of second language learning. ..
- Comprehensive Magnetic Resonance in PADChristopher Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2008..Improving the health outcomes and quality of life in patients with PAD is a major goal of this proposal. ..
- Long-term Opioid Management of Chronic Pain: Trends and RisksMichael Von Korff; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will extend these analyses by studying the effects of long-term opioid therapy on other adverse events including: all-cause and opioid-related hospitalization;opioid overdose;and onset of recognized mood disorder. ..
- Emergence of SIB in Developmentally Delayed IndividualsCURT ALAN SANDMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Findings from this project will contribute to the understanding of the emergence and maintenance of SIB. ..
- Naturalistic Assessment of the Driving ability of Cognitively Impaired EldersBRIAN RICHARD OTT; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Fetal Programming of Early DevelopmentCURT ALAN SANDMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Prenatal influences of CRH on HPA reactivity (Aim 4) will be evaluated by assessing salivary cortisol at rest and after mild stress. These studies in children are the first to examine the role of prenatal CRH on human development. ..
- Development and Maintenance of Binocular Vision (EY005236)EILEEN ELIZABETH BIRCH; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- The Cardiac Atlas Project: Establishment of a Cardiac MRI Database.ALISTAIR ANDREW YOUNG; Fiscal Year: 2010..By pooling data from many studies into a single resource, researchers will be able to perform standardized comparisons across many patient groups, in order to better predict and evaluate the effects of disease and treatment. ..
- Depression-Diabetes Care Disparities, Adverse OutcomesMichael Von Korff; Fiscal Year: 2008..Aim 3: Set priorities for integrated services - We will assess criteria relevant to priorities for integrated management of diabetes, depression and associated behavioral risk factors. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Perioperative intervention to improve post-TKR support and functionPatricia D Franklin; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- How Health Insurance Status Affects Persons with DisabilitiesLisa Iezzoni; Fiscal Year: 2007..This goal addresses the objectives of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, which has identified persons with disabilities as one of its priority populations. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Jak/STAT signaling in human T-cell lymphomasMariusz A Wasik; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Characterizing temporal dynamics of spontaneous painAPKAR APKARIAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanical Intervention in Children with Cerebral PalsyTishya Wren; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study will also provide insight into the potential role of muscle adaptation and bone turnover in increasing bone mass in response to this simple, non-invasive, non-pharmacalogical intervention. ..
- Aromatase Inhibitor in Males with Adrenal HyperplasiaKyriakie Sarafoglou; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BENIGN BREAST DISEASE--MOLECULAR DIFFERENTIATION OF RISKMaria Worsham; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Winter Neuropeptides ConferenceCurt Sandman; Fiscal Year: 2004..The conference is inclusive for all groups. Half of the organizing and steering committees are women. Efforts are made to include minorities and persons with disabilities. ..
- HIGH RESOLUTION ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY SYSTEMMichael Zile; Fiscal Year: 2001..This will foster interdisciplinary investigation, support NIH-funded investigators and trainees, and enhance the competitiveness of MUSC investigators. ..
- Pulmonary Hypertension Scientific ConferenceMichael McGoon; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: QUALITY OF CARE/SERVICE USELisa Iezzoni; Fiscal Year: 2001..Given that roughly 49 million Americans have a disabling condition, addressing concerns about their quality of care is essential. ..
- Environmental Microorganisms as Human PathogensGerard Cangelosi; Fiscal Year: 2004..Following the colloquium, a report will be developed--in both print and electronic formats--that will be analytical and comprehensive, yet offer practical recommendations for the future. ..
- Mechanisms of Myocardial Radiofrequency Scar ExpansionRupak Mukherjee; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- REGENERATIVE CAPACITY OF THE CD4+ T CELLS IN AIDSJohnson Wong; Fiscal Year: 2001..In specific aim four, the clinical significance of the regenerative capacity will be determined. ..
- Etiologic studies on EMND: An animal model for ALSHussni Mohammed; Fiscal Year: 2004..Data obtained from these pilot studies will represent a major breakthrough towards the understanding of the mechanism of the motor neuron disease and lay the foundation for more thorough investigation. ..
- OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS IN NORMAL VISUAL DEVELOPMENTEileen Birch; Fiscal Year: 2003..By relating long-term outcomes to visual cortical function during infancy, we will directly evaluate the predictive of early visual tests for long-term cognitive outcomes. ..
- CARDIOVASCULAR NUTRITION IN MEDICAL EDUCATIONScott Grundy; Fiscal Year: 2002..The long term goal is to produce graduates who routinely address nutrition and exercise for cardiovascular health with their patients. ..
- REGIONAL BETA ADRENERGIC DURING LV REMODELINGChristopher Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2002..Effects of beta-blockade on regional cell morphometry, collagen content, and blood flow will be assessed using isolated myocytes, quantitative histopathology, and fluorescent microspheres, respectively. ..
- EVALUATING USE OF GENETIC INFORMATION: A MODEL PROCESSWylie Burke; Fiscal Year: 2003..5. To conduct an evaluation of the model process within a large health care system. ..
- Integrating Multi-Assessment Protocols into PracticeJoseph Guydish; Fiscal Year: 2003..Use of a refined MAP strategy within the CTN context sets the stage for expansion of the MAP across CTN nodes, and for future randomized designs in which specific intervention adoption technologies can be empirically tested. ..
- Cortical Dynamics for Pain Perception in Behaving RatsAPKAR APKARIAN; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic Analysis of Mycobacterial Biofilm FormationGerard Cangelosi; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results will improve our understanding of the microbial ecology of environmental mycobacteria, and they may lead to improved methods for protecting susceptible people from MAC infection. ..
- CEREBRAL PROCESSING AND HUMAN SOMESTHETIC PERCEPTIONJoel Greenspan; Fiscal Year: 2003..pathological conditions. ..
- PREVALENCE AND IMPACT OF GLAUCOMA AMONG THE VERY ELDERLYDavid Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2003..Finally, the interactions between comorbidities (including cognitive deficits) and visual field loss will be explored. ..
- BIENESTAR: A SCHOOL BASED DIABETES PREVENTION PROGRAMROBERTO TREVINO; Fiscal Year: 2004..Biological outcomes will fasting capillary glucose levels. Ultimately, we would like to delay or prevent the onset of type 2 diabetes. ..
- ASSESSING THE PERFORMANCE OF ALTERNATIVE RISK ADJUSTERSLisa Iezzoni; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF RENAL IMPAIRMENT IN HYPERCHOLESTEROLEMIALilach Lerman; Fiscal Year: 2003..Aim # 4 is to characterize intrarenal morphology in the HC pig model using 3-d x-ray micro-CT of microfil vascular casts and conventional light microscopy histology of tissue sections. ..
- STRESS AND BIRTH OUTCOMESCurt Sandman; Fiscal Year: 2001..The study design and analytic methods allows for estimation of the unique effects of CRH and psychosocial stress on the length of gestation. ..
- INNOVATIVE JOB PLACEMENT MODEL FOR METHADONE PATIENTSStephen Magura; Fiscal Year: 2004..4) To conduct benefit-cost and cost-effectiveness analyses of the modified IPS vocational rehabilitation program. ..
- Biological Factors for Age-Related Macular DegenerationJohanna Seddon; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- A Validated Micro-Structural Mechanical Model of Coronary ArteriesGhassan S Kassab; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- A Randomized Trial of Home Self-Efficacy EnhancementAnthony Jerant; Fiscal Year: 2007..The findings will help policymakers, payers, and providers identify which interventions to implement. ..
- Chemoprevention of murine urinary bladder carcinogenesisAshish Kamat; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- ASSORTMENT AND TRANSMISSION OF ALCOHOL AND TOBACCO USEChandra Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Internet-Based Models to Enhance HIV Prevention Technol*Jeffrey Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Sensory Gating in Schizophrenia: Multiple MeasuresJulie Patterson; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- The Pathophysiology of T-wave AlternansSanjiv Narayan; Fiscal Year: 2005..This structured approach will ensure the successful completion of this project and, in this way, the development of the applicant into an independent clinician-investigator. ..
- Renin Angiotensin for Coronary Microvascular DysfunctionCarl Pepine; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- MR-Guided Delivery and Monitoring of Magnetocapsules Immunoprotecting Islet CellsJEFF BULTE; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dectection of occult mediastinal lymph node mestastasesMichael Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2007..In the R33 component of the grant application these criteria will be prospectively evaluated and correlated with clinical outcome in a second, larger cohort of patients. ..
- MURINE MODEL OF CAG REPEAT DISEASESRoger Albin; Fiscal Year: 2002..These experiments will establish HPRT-CAG mice as important tools for understanding neurodegeneration in CAG repeat diseases and enable accurate preclinical evaluation of interventions for CAG repeat diseases. ..
- A New Biomarker for Ovarian Cancer DetectionEleftherios Diamandis; Fiscal Year: 2003..In this grant proposal, we describe further studies, which will examine in greater detail, the ability of a test for the amount of this protein in blood to correctly diagnose the presence of ovarian cancer. ..
- Procoagulant Microparticles: Novel Determinants of Venous ThrombosisTHOMAS WILLIAM WAKEFIELD; Fiscal Year: 2011..Lay Summary: This proposal will determine the role of procoagulant elements termed microparticles in the etiology of venous thrombosis and their use as a diagnostic tool. ..
- RADIATION ARTERIOPATHY IN A TRANSGENIC AV FISTULA MODELMichael Lawton; Fiscal Year: 2004..If NO and TGF-01 are involved in the radiation arteriopathy of AVMs, they might be used to enhance the efficacy of conventional stereotactic radiosurgery as part of a gene therapy for high-grade cerebral AVMs. ..
- MUSCLE OVEREXERTION DURING REPETITIVE LIFTINGWilliam Marras; Fiscal Year: 2003..These results will provide quantitative guidance for the mediation of work-related LBDs for the millions of workers performing materials handling tasks in manufacturing and distribution center environments. ..
- MRI DIFFUSION/PERFUSION MISMATCH IN HUMAN ACUTE STROKEALMA SORENSEN; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Development of blood lipid biomarkers for Alzheimer's disease progressionMichelle Mielke; Fiscal Year: 2008..A major application would be as a surrogate or secondary outcome measure in clinical trials of emerging therapies for AD. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MENTAL DISORDERS AS RISK FACTORS FOR SUBSTANCE DISORDERSRonald Kessler; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Understanding/Preventing Math Problem/Solving DisabilityLynn Fuchs; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Risk Factors for Psychopathology in the WHO WMH SurveysRonald Kessler; Fiscal Year: 2009..Third, the level of detail in the description of data analysis plans has been substantially expanded in this revised submission in response to reviewer comments. ..
- Live Unrelated Kidney Donor & Sibling Follow-up StudyBertram Kasiske; Fiscal Year: 2005..Altogether, this study will provide useful information that will improve the informed consent for living kidney donors and enhance our knowledge of the role of the kidney, if any, in CVD. ..
- Helping Older African American Cancer Survivors CopeJill Hamilton; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- NC-AINSCO (American Indian Network Study of Clinical Ou*Bonnie Yankaskas; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Long-term White Matter Changes Resulting from Delirium after SurgeryJames Rudolph; Fiscal Year: 2008..If the hypotheses are confirmed, this will alter our fundamental understanding of delirium as a short-term disorder and future studies can use imaging to prevent, identify, and treat delirium. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..