Genomes and Genes
Summary: The study of chance processes or the relative frequency characterizing a chance process.
Publications322 found, 100 shown here
- The role of human orbitofrontal cortex in value comparison for incommensurable objectsThomas H B FitzGerald
Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging, London WC1N 3BG, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 29:8388-95. 2009..These findings indicate that orbitofrontal cortex plays a pivotal role in valuation for incommensurable goods, a critical component process in human decision making...
- Distributed neural representation of expected valueBrian Knutson
Department of Psychology, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Neurosci 25:4806-12. 2005Anticipated reward magnitude and probability comprise dual components of expected value (EV), a cornerstone of economic and psychological theory. However, the neural mechanisms that compute EV have not been characterized...
- Astrocytes impose postburst depression of release probability at hippocampal glutamate synapsesMy Andersson
Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Gothenburg University, 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
J Neurosci 30:5776-80. 2010..We show that CA3-CA1 glutamate synapses exhibit a prominent depression of presynaptic release probability for approximately 1 s after such a burst...
- Learning the value of information in an uncertain worldTimothy E J Behrens
FMRIB Centre, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
Nat Neurosci 10:1214-21. 2007..Furthermore, variations in this ACC signal across the population predict variations in subject learning rates. Our results provide a formal account of how we weigh our different experiences in guiding our future actions...
- A general empirical model of protein evolution derived from multiple protein families using a maximum-likelihood approachS Whelan
Department of Zoology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, England
Mol Biol Evol 18:691-9. 2001....
- A probability-based approach for high-throughput protein phosphorylation analysis and site localizationSean A Beausoleil
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Ave, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Biotechnol 24:1285-92. 2006..data set sensitivity by efficiently distracting incorrect peptide spectral matches (PSMs), and we present a probability-based score, the Ascore, that measures the probability of correct phosphorylation site localization based on ..
- Discrete coding of reward probability and uncertainty by dopamine neuronsChristopher D Fiorillo
Institute of Physiology, University of Fribourg, CH 1700 Fribourg, Switzerland
Science 299:1898-902. 2003..It is determined by probability P, being maximal at P = 0.5 and decreasing at higher and lower probabilities...
- Elapsed decision time affects the weighting of prior probability in a perceptual decision taskTimothy D Hanks
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, and National Primate Research Center, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 7290, USA
J Neurosci 31:6339-52. 2011..novel theory: the brain exploits elapsed time during decision formation to combine sensory evidence with prior probability. Elapsed time is useful because (1) decisions that linger tend to arise from less reliable evidence, and (2) ..
- Neural systems responding to degrees of uncertainty in human decision-makingMing Hsu
Division of Humanities and Social Sciences, 228 77, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Science 310:1680-3. 2005Much is known about how people make decisions under varying levels of probability (risk). Less is known about the neural basis of decision-making when probabilities are uncertain because of missing information (ambiguity)...
- Diagnosis of multiple cancer types by shrunken centroids of gene expressionRobert Tibshirani
Department of Health, Research and Policy, and Statistics, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:6567-72. 2002..The technique is general and can be used in many other classification problems. To demonstrate its effectiveness, we show that the method was highly efficient in finding genes for classifying small round blue cell tumors and leukemias...
- The probability of neurotransmitter release: variability and feedback control at single synapsesTiago Branco
Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research and Department of Neuroscience, Physiology and Pharmacology, University College London, WC1E 6BT, UK
Nat Rev Neurosci 10:373-83. 2009..imaging studies have demonstrated that synaptic terminals can individually set their neurotransmitter release probability dynamically through local feedback regulation...
- Processing of low-probability sounds by cortical neuronsNachum Ulanovsky
Department of Physiology, Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Box 12272, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Nat Neurosci 6:391-8. 2003..In contrast, auditory thalamic neurons were insensitive to the probability of frequency deviants...
- Local dendritic activity sets release probability at hippocampal synapsesTiago Branco
MRC Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology and Cell Biology Unit, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E6BT, UK
Neuron 59:475-85. 2008The arrival of an action potential at a synapse triggers neurotransmitter release with a limited probability, p(r)...
- Examining size-strength relationships at hippocampal synapses using an ultrastructural measurement of synaptic release probabilityTiago Branco
Department of Neuroscience, Physiology and Pharmacology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, UK
J Struct Biol 172:203-10. 2010Release probability (p(r)) is a fundamental presynaptic parameter which is critical in defining synaptic strength...
- Estimating the probability of identity among genotypes in natural populations: cautions and guidelinesL P Waits
Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources, University of Idaho, Moscow, ID 83844 1136, USA
Mol Ecol 10:249-56. 2001..Statistical methods that estimate the probability of sampling identical genotypes using theoretical equations generally assume random associations between ..
- The probability of fixation in populations of changing sizeS P Otto
Department of Zoology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Genetics 146:723-33. 1997..In this paper, we calculate the probability of fixation of beneficial mutations that occur in populations of changing size...
- The finite state projection algorithm for the solution of the chemical master equationBrian Munsky
Mechanical and Environmental Engineering, University of California Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, California 93106, USA
J Chem Phys 124:044104. 2006..One can describe the chemical populations of such systems with probability density vectors that evolve according to a set of linear ordinary differential equations known as the chemical ..
- Connectivity-based parcellation of human cingulate cortex and its relation to functional specializationMatthias Beckmann
Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3UD, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 29:1175-90. 2009..Cingulate voxels with a high probability of connection with the different targets formed separate clusters within cingulate cortex...
- Multievent: an extension of multistate capture-recapture models to uncertain statesRoger Pradel
CEFE, UMR 5175, 1919 Route de Mende, F 34293 Montpellier, Cedex 05, France
Biometrics 61:442-7. 2005..I also show in this article that the memory model, in which the next state or location is influenced by the previous state occupied, can be fully treated within the framework of multievent models...
- Constructing inverse probability weights for marginal structural modelsStephen R Cole
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Epidemiol 168:656-64. 2008The method of inverse probability weighting (henceforth, weighting) can be used to adjust for measured confounding and selection bias under the four assumptions of consistency, exchangeability, positivity, and no misspecification of the ..
- Serological response to human endogenous retrovirus K in melanoma patients correlates with survival probabilitySilvia Hahn
Retroelement Section, Paul Ehrlich Institut, Langen, Germany
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 24:717-23. 2008..serum level of S100-beta) revealed serological HERV-K reactivity as an independent marker of reduced survival probability (p = 0.027) in melanoma patients with the early stages of the disease (AJCC I-III)...
- Neural correlates of decision variables in parietal cortexM L Platt
Center for Neural Science, New York University, New York 10003, USA
Nature 400:233-8. 1999..This assessment can be computed, in part, from the probability that each action will result in a gain and the magnitude of the gain expected...
- Dissociable prior influences of signal probability and relevance on visual contrast sensitivityValentin Wyart
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3UD, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:3593-8. 2012..Here, we reassessed the prior influences of signal probability and relevance on visual contrast detection using a reverse-correlation technique that quantifies how signal-..
- A representation of the hazard rate of elapsed time in macaque area LIPPeter Janssen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, National Primate Research Center and Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Washington, Box 357290, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Nat Neurosci 8:234-41. 2005..Such anticipation requires knowledge of elapsed time and of the probability that an event will occur...
- Overlapping dual ERP responses to low cloze probability sentence continuationsKatherine A DeLong
Department of Cognitive Science, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0515, USA
Psychophysiology 48:1203-7. 2011..We suggest that this positivity is consistent with hypotheses that additional neural processing may be invoked when highly expected continuations are not encountered in the input and speculate briefly on possible functional correlates...
- Dissociable roles of ventral and dorsal striatum in instrumental conditioningJohn O'Doherty
Wellcome Department of Imaging Neuroscience, Institute of Neurology, University College London, London WC1N 3BG, UK
Science 304:452-4. 2004..Our results suggest partly dissociable contributions of the ventral and dorsal striatum, with the former corresponding to the critic and the latter corresponding to the actor...
- A method for estimating the probability of adverse drug reactionsC A Naranjo
Clin Pharmacol Ther 30:239-45. 1981
- Review of inverse probability weighting for dealing with missing dataShaun R Seaman
MRC Biostatistics Unit, Institute of Public Health, Forvie Site, Robinson Way, Cambridge, UK
Stat Methods Med Res 22:278-95. 2013..e. individuals with no missing values. This can induce bias, however. Inverse probability weighting (IPW) is a commonly used method to correct this bias...
- Per-contact probability of HIV transmission in homosexual men in Sydney in the era of HAARTFengyi Jin
National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, University of New South Wales, Darlinghurst, Australia
AIDS 24:907-13. 2010The objective of this study is to estimate per-contact probability of HIV transmission in homosexual men due to unprotected anal intercourse (UAI) in the era of HAART.
- RNA secondary structure prediction using stochastic context-free grammars and evolutionary historyB Knudsen
Department of Genetics and Ecology, The Institute of Biological Sciences, University of Aarhus, Building 550, Ny Munkegade, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Bioinformatics 15:446-54. 1999..The method reported here is based on stochastic context-free grammars (SCFGs) to give a prior probability distribution of structures.
- A globally coherent fingerprint of climate change impacts across natural systemsCamille Parmesan
Integrative Biology, Patterson Laboratories 141, University of Texas, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
Nature 421:37-42. 2003..This suite of analyses generates 'very high confidence' (as laid down by the IPCC) that climate change is already affecting living systems...
- Modeling the probability distribution of positional errors incurred by residential address geocodingDale L Zimmerman
Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science and Center for Health Policy and Research, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Int J Health Geogr 6:1. 2007..Unfortunately, this process results in positional errors. Our study sought to model the probability distribution of positional errors associated with automated geocoding and E911 geocoding.
- Probability of HIV-1 transmission per coital act in monogamous, heterosexual, HIV-1-discordant couples in Rakai, UgandaR H Gray
Departments of Population and Family Health Sciences, School of Hygiene and Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Lancet 357:1149-53. 2001The probability of HIV-1 transmission per coital act in representative African populations is unknown. We aimed to calculate this probability overall, and to estimate how it is affected by various factors thought to influence infectivity.
- Neural response to reward anticipation under risk is nonlinear in probabilitiesMing Hsu
Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and TechnologyUniversity of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Neurosci 29:2231-7. 2009..Models such as prospect theory have relaxed this assumption and introduced the notion of a "probability weighting function," which captures the key properties found in experimental data...
- Probabilistic reasoning by neuronsTianming Yang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, National Primate Research Center, University of Washington, Box 357290, Seattle, Washington 98195 7290, USA
Nature 447:1075-80. 2007..to choose between a pair of coloured targets after viewing four shapes, shown sequentially, that governed the probability that one of the targets would furnish reward...
- Assigning stereochemistry to single diastereoisomers by GIAO NMR calculation: the DP4 probabilitySteven G Smith
Unilever Centre for Molecular Science Informatics, Department of Chemistry, University of Cambridge, Lensfield Road, Cambridge CB2 1EW, UK
J Am Chem Soc 132:12946-59. 2010..We have compared several approaches for assigning a probability to each candidate structure and have tested the ability of these methods to distinguish up to 64 possible ..
- Surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy of benzenethiol adsorbed from the gas phase onto silver film over nanosphere surfaces: determination of the sticking probability and detection limit timeKevin B Biggs
Northwestern University, Department of Chemistry, Evanston, Illinois 60208 3113, USA
J Phys Chem A 113:4581-6. 2009..The DLt for this kinetically controlled sensor is fundamentally determined by the low sticking probability of BT on AgFONs which is determined to be approximately 2 x 10(-5) at 356 K...
- Balance of calcineurin Aα and CDK5 activities sets release probability at nerve terminalsSung Hyun Kim
Department of Biochemistry, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York 10065, USA
J Neurosci 33:8937-50. 2013..Thus, CNAα and CDK5 enzymatic activities are key determinants of release probability.
- Estimation of the detection probability for Yangtze finless porpoises (Neophocaena phocaenoides asiaeorientalis) with a passive acoustic methodT Akamatsu
NRIFE, Fisheries Research Agency, Hasaki, Kamisu, Ibaraki 314 0408, Japan
J Acoust Soc Am 123:4403-11. 2008..The calculated detection probability using acoustic method was approximately twice that for visual detection for each vessel...
- Multilevel linear modelling for FMRI group analysis using Bayesian inferenceMark W Woolrich
Oxford Centre for Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Brain, John Radcliffe Hospital, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
Neuroimage 21:1732-47. 2004..We also demonstrate that we can infer on the top level of multilevel hierarchies by inferring on the levels of the hierarchy separately and passing summary statistics of a noncentral multivariate t distribution between them...
- Activity-dependent coordination of presynaptic release probability and postsynaptic GluR2 abundance at single synapsesHirofumi Tokuoka
Medical Research Council Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology and Cell Biology Unit, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:14656-61. 2008The strength of an excitatory synapse depends on both the presynaptic release probability (p(r)) and the abundance of functional postsynaptic AMPA receptors...
- Validation of probability equation and decision tree in predicting subsequent dengue hemorrhagic fever in adult dengue inpatients in SingaporeTun L Thein
Communicable Disease Center, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore
Am J Trop Med Hyg 85:942-5. 2011We developed a probability equation and a decision tree from 1,973 predominantly dengue serotype 1 hospitalized adult dengue patients in 2004 to predict progression to dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF), applied in our clinic since March ..
- Representation of action-specific reward values in the striatumKazuyuki Samejima
Department of Computational Neurobiology, ATR Computational Neuroscience Laboratories, 619 0288 Kyoto, Japan
Science 310:1337-40. 2005..Fewer neurons were tuned to relative values or action choice. These results suggest representation of action values in the striatum, which can guide action selection in the basal ganglia circuit...
- Is progesterone elevation on the day of human chorionic gonadotrophin administration associated with the probability of pregnancy in in vitro fertilization? A systematic review and meta-analysisC A Venetis
Unit for Human Reproduction, 1st Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Papageoriou General Hospital, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Nea Efkarpia, Peripheral Road, Thessaloniki, Greece
Hum Reprod Update 13:343-55. 2007..progesterone elevation on the day of human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG) administration is associated with the probability of pregnancy. Eligible studies were considered those in which patients did not participate more than once...
- Open capture-recapture models with heterogeneity: I. Cormack-Jolly-Seber modelShirley Pledger
School of Mathematical and Computing Sciences, Victoria University of Wellington, P O Box 600, Wellington, New Zealand
Biometrics 59:786-94. 2003..Bias in parameter estimates is reduced by including individual heterogeneity. Model selection and bias reduction are important in population studies and for making informed management decisions...
- Tonic activation of GABAB receptors reduces release probability at inhibitory connections in the cerebellar glomerulusLisa Mapelli
Department of Physiological and Pharmacological Sciences and National Consortium for the Physics of Matter, University of Pavia, I 27100 Pavia, Italy
J Neurophysiol 101:3089-99. 2009..neurotransmission, revealing that tonic GABA(B) receptor activation by ambient GABA regulates release probability. Blocking GABA(B) receptors with CGP55845 enhanced the first inhibitory postsynaptic current (IPSC) and short-..
- A statistical sampling algorithm for RNA secondary structure predictionYe Ding
Bioinformatics Center, Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, 150 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 31:7280-301. 2003..Statistical sampling provides a means to estimate the probability of any structural motif, with or without constraints...
- Prediction error as a linear function of reward probability is coded in human nucleus accumbensBirgit Abler
Department of Psychiatry, University of Ulm, Leimgrubenweg 12 14, 89075 Ulm, Germany
Neuroimage 31:790-5. 2006Reward probability has been shown to be coded by dopamine neurons in monkeys...
- Linking retinotopic fMRI mapping and anatomical probability maps of human occipital areas V1 and V2A M Wohlschlager
Institut fur Medizin, Forschungszentrum Julich, Germany
Neuroimage 26:73-82. 2005..By averaging the individual maps into group maps, probability maps of functionally defined V1 or V2 were determined and compared to anatomical probability maps of Brodmann ..
- Sexual behavior in the United States: results from a national probability sample of men and women ages 14-94Debby Herbenick
Center for Sexual Health Promotion, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, USA
J Sex Med 7:255-65. 2010..Despite a demonstrated relationship between sexual behaviors and health, including clinical risks, little is known about contemporary sexual behavior...
- Gene tree distributions under the coalescent processJames H Degnan
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Evolution 59:24-37. 2005..The method for computing gene tree distributions is implemented in the computer program COAL...
- Moral judgments recruit domain-general valuation mechanisms to integrate representations of probability and magnitudeAmitai Shenhav
Department of Psychology, Harvard University, 33 Kirkland Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Neuron 67:667-77. 2010..at the policy level, require the evaluation of choices involving outcomes of variable magnitude and probability. Many economic decisions involve the same problem...
- The probability of topological concordance of gene trees and species treesNoah A Rosenberg
Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Theor Popul Biol 61:225-47. 2002..Takahata (1989), Genetics 122, 957-966. Increasing the sample size is found to increase the probability of topological concordance, but a limit exists on how much the topological concordance probability can be ..
- State reduction for network intervention in probabilistic Boolean networksXiaoning Qian
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33620, USA
Bioinformatics 26:3098-104. 2010..A major obstacle for its application is the large state space of the underlying Markov chain, which poses a serious computational challenge. Hence, it is critical to reduce the model complexity of PBNs for practical applications...
- Hierarchical structure and the prediction of missing links in networksAaron Clauset
Department of Computer Science, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Nature 453:98-101. 2008..Taken together, our results suggest that hierarchy is a central organizing principle of complex networks, capable of offering insight into many network phenomena...
- Neural correlates of multisensory cue integration in macaque MSTdYong Gu
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Nat Neurosci 11:1201-10. 2008..These findings show that perceptual cue integration occurs in nonhuman primates and identify a population of neurons that may form its neural basis...
- Coordinated memory replay in the visual cortex and hippocampus during sleepDaoyun Ji
The Picower Institute for Learning and Memory, RIKEN MIT Neuroscience Research Center, Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Nat Neurosci 10:100-7. 2007..These results imply simultaneous reactivation of coherent memory traces in the cortex and hippocampus during sleep that may contribute to or reflect the result of the memory consolidation process...
- Cell survival fraction estimation based on the probability densities of domain and cell nucleus specific energies using improved microdosimetric kinetic modelsTatsuhiko Sato
Japan Atomic Energy Agency JAEA, Tokai, Iberaki 319 1195, Japan
Radiat Res 178:341-56. 2012..The probability densities of the domain and cell nucleus specific energies are the fundamental quantities for expressing ..
- iProphet: multi-level integrative analysis of shotgun proteomic data improves peptide and protein identification rates and error estimatesDavid Shteynberg
Institute for Systems Biology, Seattle, WA, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 10:M111.007690. 2011..rate estimates at the level of sequence identical peptide identifications, which in turn leads to more accurate probability estimates at the protein level...
- Probability of cancer in pulmonary nodules detected on first screening CTAnnette McWilliams
Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada
N Engl J Med 369:910-9. 2013..We conducted a population-based prospective study to determine factors predicting the probability that lung nodules detected on the first screening low-dose CT scans are malignant or will be found to be ..
- Does this patient have deep vein thrombosis?Philip S Wells
Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ontario
JAMA 295:199-207. 2006..Missed DVT diagnosis may result in fatal pulmonary embolism. Since many patients may have DVT, a selective and efficient diagnostic process is needed...
- The Dallas Heart Study: a population-based probability sample for the multidisciplinary study of ethnic differences in cardiovascular healthRonald G Victor
Donald W Reynolds Cardiovascular Clinical Research Center at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75390 8586, USA
Am J Cardiol 93:1473-80. 2004..The Dallas Heart Study was designed as a single-site, multiethnic, population-based probability sample to (1) produce unbiased population estimates of biologic and social variables that pinpoint ethnic ..
- P300 and probability: comparison of oddball and single-stimulus paradigmsJ Polich
Department of Neuropharmacology, Scripps Research Institute TPC 10, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Int J Psychophysiol 25:169-76. 1997..Target stimulus probability was manipulated in the oddball task in different conditions (0.10, 0.30, 0.50, 0.70, 0.90)...
- Similarity measures for protein ensemblesKresten Lindorff-Larsen
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
PLoS ONE 4:e4203. 2009..The methods are based on the estimation of the probability distributions underlying the ensembles and subsequent comparison of these distributions...
- Dose-finding in phase I clinical trials based on toxicity probability intervalsYuan Ji
Department of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Clin Trials 4:235-44. 2007..Most phase I clinical trials conducted at the M. D. Anderson Cancer Center use the algorithmic 3 + 3 design, despite the availability of more advanced model-based designs such as the continual reassessment method...
- Probability of walking in children with cerebral palsy in EuropeEva Beckung
Queen Silvia Children s Hospital Sahlgrenska, University of Goteborg, Goteborg, Sweden
Pediatrics 121:e187-92. 2008....
- Effect of parent's death on child survival in rural Bangladesh: a cohort studyCarine Ronsmans
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
Lancet 375:2024-31. 2010..We therefore investigated the effect of the death of the mother or father on the survival of the child up to age 10 years in rural Bangladesh...
- Combined use of clinical assessment and d-dimer to improve the management of patients presenting to the emergency department with suspected deep vein thrombosis (the EDITED Study)D R Anderson
Department of Medicine, QEII Health Sciences Center, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Thromb Haemost 1:645-51. 2003..evaluate the safety and effectiveness of a management strategy that combined consideration of clinical pretest probability and a d-dimer test to evaluate patients presenting to the emergency department with suspected deep vein ..
- Sexual behaviors, relationships, and perceived health among adult men in the United States: results from a national probability sampleMichael Reece
Center for Sexual Health Promotion, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
J Sex Med 7:291-304. 2010..To provide a foundation for those who provide sexual health services and programs to men in the United States, the need for population-based data that describes men's sexual behaviors and their correlates remains...
- Probabilistic inference in general graphical models through sampling in stochastic networks of spiking neuronsDejan Pecevski
Institute for Theoretical Computer Science, Graz University of Technology, Graz, Austria
PLoS Comput Biol 7:e1002294. 2011....
- The probability of a gene tree topology within a phylogenetic network with applications to hybridization detectionYun Yu
Department of Computer Science, Rice University, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS Genet 8:e1002660. 2012..Methods that account for both hybridization and deep coalescence in computing the probability of a gene tree topology currently exist for very limited cases...
- Biophysical mechanisms of multistability in resting-state cortical rhythmsFrank Freyer
Bernstein Focus State Dependencies of Learning and Bernstein Center for Computational Neuroscience, 10115 Berlin, Germany
J Neurosci 31:6353-61. 2011....
- Performance of 4 clinical decision rules in the diagnostic management of acute pulmonary embolism: a prospective cohort studyRenee A Douma
Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Intern Med 154:709-18. 2011..Several clinical decision rules (CDRs) are available to exclude acute pulmonary embolism (PE), but they have not been directly compared...
- Consistent strategy updating in spatial and non-spatial behavioral experiments does not promote cooperation in social networksJelena Grujic
Grupo Interdisciplinar de Sistemas Complejos GISC, Departamento de Matematicas, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Leganes, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 7:e47718. 2012..This suggests that the promotion of cooperation by population structure is not as straightforward in humans as often envisioned in theoretical models...
- A simple tool predicted probability of falling after aged care inpatient rehabilitationCatherine Sherrington
The George Institute for Global Health, University of Sydney, PO Box M201, Missenden Road, Sydney NSW 2050, Australia
J Clin Epidemiol 64:779-86. 2011..To develop and internally validate a falls prediction tool for people being discharged from inpatient aged care rehabilitation...
- Improved detection of event-related functional MRI signals using probability functionsG E Hagberg
Laboratory of Functional Neuroimaging, Fondazione Santa Lucia IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Neuroimage 14:1193-205. 2001..The use of known probability distributions offers the possibility to control event timing and constrain the search space for finding optimal ..
- Three-month stability of delay and probability discounting measuresYu Ohmura
Department of Behavioral Science, Graduate School of Letters, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 14:318-28. 2006Psychopharmacologists are interested in delay and probability discounting because the tendency to discount the value of future and uncertain rewards has been linked with drug dependency...
- A quantum theoretical explanation for probability judgment errorsJerome R Busemeyer
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
Psychol Rev 118:193-218. 2011A quantum probability model is introduced and used to explain human probability judgment errors including the conjunction and disjunction fallacies, averaging effects, unpacking effects, and order effects on inference...
- Dopamine D₁ receptors and nonlinear probability weighting in risky choiceHidehiko Takahashi
Department of Psychiatry, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Neurosci 30:16567-72. 2010..Although the normative theory in decision-making under risks assumes that people typically take the probability-weighted expectation over possible utilities, experimental studies of choices among risks suggest that outcome ..
- Daptomycin exposure and the probability of elevations in the creatine phosphokinase level: data from a randomized trial of patients with bacteremia and endocarditisSujata M Bhavnani
Institute for Clinical Pharmacodynamics, Ordway Research Institute, Albany, New York, USA
Clin Infect Dis 50:1568-74. 2010The objective of this analysis was to evaluate the relationship between daptomycin exposure and the probability of an elevation in the creatine phosphokinase (CPK) level (hereafter, "CPK elevation") in patients with Staphylococcus aureus ..
- Probability and predictors of transition from first use to dependence on nicotine, alcohol, cannabis, and cocaine: results of the National Epidemiologic Survey on Alcohol and Related Conditions (NESARC)Catalina Lopez-Quintero
New York State Psychiatric Institute, Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 115:120-30. 2011This study aims to estimate general and racial-ethnic specific cumulative probability of developing dependence among nicotine, alcohol, cannabis or cocaine users, and to identify predictors of transition to substance dependence.
- Unsupervised statistical learning underpins computational, behavioural, and neural manifestations of musical expectationMarcus T Pearce
Department of Computing, Goldsmiths, University of London, London SE14 6NW, UK
Neuroimage 50:302-13. 2010..statistical learning of sequential structure in music and uses this knowledge to estimate the conditional probability (and information content) of musical notes...
- PicXAA: greedy probabilistic construction of maximum expected accuracy alignment of multiple sequencesSayed Mohammad Ebrahim Sahraeian
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 38:4917-28. 2010..PicXAA source code is freely available at: http://www.ece.tamu.edu/~bjyoon/picxaa/...
- Dynamics of the firing probability of noisy integrate-and-fire neuronsNicolas Fourcaud
Laboratoire de Physique Statistique, Ecole Normale Superieure, 75231 Paris Cedex 05, France
Neural Comput 14:2057-110. 2002..Analytical results for the modulation of firing probability in response to an oscillatory input current are obtained by expanding a Fokker-Planck equation for small ..
- Altered neural reward representations in pathological gamblers revealed by delay and probability discountingStephan F Miedl
Department of Systems Neuroscience, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Arch Gen Psychiatry 69:177-86. 2012..The neural basis of excessive delay discounting and reduced risk sensitivity of pathological gamblers with a particular focus on subjective neural reward representations has not been previously examined...
- Excitatory cortical neurons form fine-scale functional networksYumiko Yoshimura
Systems Neurobiology Laboratories, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nature 433:868-73. 2005....
- Incorporating covariates into standard line transect analysesFernanda F C Marques
Research Unit for Wildlife Population Assessment, CREEM, The Observatory, Buchanan Gardens, St Andrews, Fife KY16 9LZ, UK
Biometrics 59:924-35. 2003..Small sample size properties of estimators are examined via simulations. As an example the method is applied to eastern tropical Pacific dolphin sightings data...
- Optimal neural population coding of an auditory spatial cueNicol S Harper
Department of Physiology and UCL Ear Institute, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Nature 430:682-6. 2004..For humans, the optimal strategy to code ITDs from an acoustically measured distribution depends on frequency; above 400 Hz a homogeneous distribution is optimal, and below 400 Hz distinct sub-populations are optimal...
- Statistics review 13: receiver operating characteristic curvesViv Bewick
School of Computing, Mathematical and Information Sciences, University of Brighton, Brighton, UK
Crit Care 8:508-12. 2004..The sensitivity, specificity and likelihood ratio of a test are discussed. The uses of the receiver operating characteristic curve and the area under the curve are explained...
- α2δ expression sets presynaptic calcium channel abundance and release probabilityMichael B Hoppa
Department of Biochemistry, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York 10023, USA
Nature 486:122-5. 2012..Expression of α2δ with an intact MIDAS motif leads to an 80% increase in release probability, while simultaneously protecting exocytosis from blockade by an intracellular Ca(2+) chelator...
- Radiation-induced liver disease after three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma: dosimetric analysis and implicationJason Chia Hsien Cheng
Department of Radiation Oncology, Koo Foundation Sun Yat Sen Cancer Center, No 125 Lih Der Road, Pei tou District, Taipei 112, Taiwan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 54:156-62. 2002..liver disease (RILD) with patient-related and treatment-related dose-volume factors and to describe the probability of RILD by a normal tissue complication probability (NTCP) model for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (..
- Combining probability from independent tests: the weighted Z-method is superior to Fisher's approachM C Whitlock
Department of Zoology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Evol Biol 18:1368-73. 2005..biology for combining information across multiple tests of the same null hypothesis is Fisher's combined probability test...
- From uncertainty to reward: BOLD characteristics differentiate signaling pathwaysBirgit Abler
Department of Psychiatry, University of Ulm, Leimgrubenweg 12 14, 89075 Ulm, Germany
BMC Neurosci 10:154. 2009....
- Routes of extraocular extension of uveal melanoma: risk factors and influence on survival probabilitySarah E Coupland
Department of Pathology, School of Clinical Sciences, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Ophthalmology 115:1778-85. 2008..To correlate extraocular spread with other survival predictors and with metastatic death and determine whether there was any relationship between the size of the extraocular tumor and survival...
- Statistical neuroanatomy of the human inferior frontal gyrus and probabilistic atlas in a standard stereotaxic spaceAlexander Hammers
MRC Clinical Sciences Centre and Division of Neuroscience, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Hum Brain Mapp 28:34-48. 2007..Applications include probabilistic determination of location in group studies, automatic labeling of new scans, and detection of anatomical abnormalities in patients...
- Excluding pulmonary embolism at the bedside without diagnostic imaging: management of patients with suspected pulmonary embolism presenting to the emergency department by using a simple clinical model and d-dimerP S Wells
Division of Hematology, The Ottawa Hospital, Civic Campus, Suite 452, 737 Parkdale Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario K1Y 1J8, Canada
Ann Intern Med 135:98-107. 2001..We previously demonstrated that determining the pretest probability can assist with management and that the high negative predictive value of certain D -dimer assays may simplify ..
- Reproducibility of thalamic segmentation based on probabilistic tractographyCatherine Traynor
King s College London Institute of Psychiatry, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, England, UK
Neuroimage 52:69-85. 2010..A large degree of overlap in segmentation results from different subjects was obtained, particularly in thalamic regions classified as connecting to frontal, parietal, temporal and pre-central cortical target regions...
- Cytoarchitectonic analysis of the human extrastriate cortex in the region of V5/MT+: a probabilistic, stereotaxic map of area hOc5Aleksandar Malikovic
C and O Vogt Institute for Brain Research, Heinrich Heine University, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Cereb Cortex 17:562-74. 2007..was to identify a cytoarchitectonic correlate of this region in 10 human postmortem brains and to provide a probability map of this area...
- A CoD-based reduction algorithm for designing stationary control policies on Boolean networksNoushin Ghaffari
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Bioinformatics 26:1556-63. 2010..derive therapeutic intervention strategies, in particular, stationary control policies over time that shift the probability mass of the steady state distribution (SSD) away from states associated with undesirable phenotypes...
- Replication strategies for rare variant complex trait association studies via next-generation sequencingDajiang J Liu
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Hum Genet 87:790-801. 2010..It is shown that currently attainable levels of sequencing error only minimally affect the comparison, and the advantage of sequence-based replication remains...
- Probability in transcriptional regulation and its implications for leukocyte differentiation and inducible gene expressionD A Hume
Departments of Biochemistry and Microbiology Parasitology and the Centre for Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Queensland, Queensland, Australia
Blood 96:2323-8. 2000..transcriptional regulation at the level of individual cells is best described in terms of the regulation of the probability of transcription rather than the rate...
- VERY LOW ENERGY CARDIOVERSION FOR ATRIAL FIBRILLATIONPatrick Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2003..A technology is proposed that utilizes multiple very low energy (less than .5J) shocks(VLES) with a low probability of first shock success but a high cumulative probability of conversion...
- Auditory Perception of Drug Names: Neighborhood EffectsBruce Lambert; Fiscal Year: 2006..This prediction is embodied in Luce's Frequency-Weighted neighborhood Probability Rule (FWNPR)...
- Development and Validation of a Diagnostic Tool for Infant Head Injuries from FalSUSAN SHEPS contact MARGULIES; Fiscal Year: 2010..EAH) on the piglets'cortex to identify biomechanical tolerances associated with 10, 50 and 90 percent probability of EAH...
- Understanding/ Treating Neuropsychiatric Symptoms of Pediatric Physical IllnessEva Szigethy; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic variation and regulatory networks: Mechanisms and complexityDANA PE ER; Fiscal Year: 2009..These tools will be made publicly available, including a friendly graphical user interface and visualization. ..
- Novel TIRF microscopy analyzing trafficking & signaling at the cell cortexDerek Toomre; Fiscal Year: 2009..Consistent with the recovery act's goal, this funding will provide full-time summer employment for 4 undergraduate students and accelerate scientific achievement of the parent DP2 award...
- The Primate Corpus Luteum: Functional Regression and Cardiovascular ImpactsRandy L Bogan; Fiscal Year: 2012..from the CL is required to maintain pregnancy in women through the first 6-7 weeks of gestation with the probability of pregnancy loss during this period being inversely related to P4 levels...
- Pharmacogenetics of obesity and endocannabinergic modulation (POEM)Russell A Wilke; Fiscal Year: 2012..using a quantitative trait nucleotide (QTN) approach, and all variants with greater than 80% posterior probability of effect (based upon Bayesian information criterion) will be genotyped in a second population, the Marshfield ..
- Development of VN/14-1 and Related Analogs for Breast Cancer TherapyVINCENT COLLINS OFUKA NJAR; Fiscal Year: 2013..Objectives: To test this hypothesis, and to maximize the probability of achieving our ultimate goal while using resources most efficiently, we will carry out four specific aims: 1) ..
- Improving TB Diagnosis in Children with and without HIV in KenyaRinn Song; Fiscal Year: 2013..achieve these aims, we will conduct a prospective cohort study in Kenya enrolling children with a high pretest probability of having microbiologic confirmed TB...
- Intracellular Phase Diagram Creation Using a Micro-Differential Scanning CalorimeGARY L SOLBREKKEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..while the glassy vitrification state provides a chemically and mechanically stable structure that increases the probability of cell/tissue survival...
- Screening Complete TB Proteome for Protective AntigensAlan Greener; Fiscal Year: 2010..developed a platform technology for high throughput, proteome-based identification of antigens that have a high probability of inducing protective cellular immunity when formulated and administered as a vaccine...
- Multivariate CART for survival with dental applicationsMartha E Nunn; Fiscal Year: 2013..and third-party payers must make value judgments about the cost of suggested dental treatments against the probability of long-term success for those treatments...
- Dietary Risk for Colon Cancer in the MouseLeonard H Augenlicht; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, the perturbations track with probability of tumor formation...
- Somatic Stem Cells in Engineered Human SkinSteven Boyce; Fiscal Year: 2009..required for grafting, make initial demonstrations of adnexal development in engineered skin, improve efficacy of CSS for treatment of burn scars, and increase the probability of saving the lives of patients with life-threatening burns.
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY - CACHE COUNTY STUDY CENTEREdward Clark; Fiscal Year: 2012..The NCS will employ a national probability sampling approach to select locations and participants for conduct of the study...
- Hepatocyte Nox proteins in the pathogenesis of hepatocellular carcinomaJinah Choi; Fiscal Year: 2013..of HCV, and increased the generation of ROS and nitrotyrosine in the nucleus which is likely to increase the probability of reactive species damaging the host nuclear DNA in carcinogenesis...
- MRI of Acute Vascular Injury and Hemorrhagic Transformation in Ischemic StrokeRobert A Knight; Fiscal Year: 2010..of the MT- and/or MRCA-MRI parameters during the first several hours of ischemia and reperfusion to the probability of developing subsequent HT following tPA treatment...
- Molecular Determinants of DNA Sliding and Hopping by a DNA Repair GlycosylaseMENG MENG ROWLAND; Fiscal Year: 2013..target sites separated by a set number of base pairs, and then measure the effect of charge ablation on the probability that hUNG will slide between the sites...
- Regulation of the VDJ recombinase during genotoxic stressKarla K Rodgers; Fiscal Year: 2013..the V(D)J recombinase is stabilized in G1, prolonging this cell cycle phase would be expected to increase the probability of aberrant recombination events...
- Creation of hyperactive transposons for mutagenesis in rodentsEric M Ostertag; Fiscal Year: 2011..reporter gene-trap insertional mutations;a EGFP reporter system will be used as a polyA trap to maximize the probability of generating insertional mutations in each of the approximately 30,000 rat genes, and a promoterless tdTomato ..
- Proteome Bead-Display for Discovery of Tumor AntigensMark Lim; Fiscal Year: 2013..will initially fabricate an intermediate 500-member library including known CRC TAAs from the literature, high probability TAAs and those discovered in Phase I...
- Effects of nerve demyelination on auditory synaptic functionsJun Hee Kim; Fiscal Year: 2012..I will study the timing and firing probability of the action potential (AP) during tetanic stimulation at several different frequencies, and the excitatory ..
- Live cell imaging of IgH and c-Myc gene loci and the role of nuclear organizationMark T Groudine; Fiscal Year: 2010..and used to determine if the distance between the two loci prior to B cell stimulation influences the probability of their colocalization to the same transcription factory...
- FUNCTION OF THE RAS RELATED RAL PROTEINSLARRY FEIG; Fiscal Year: 2009..possibility of targeting the Ral signaling cascade in genetically stable dermal fibroblasts, which have a low probability of developing drug resistance, as a novel mode of anti-cancer therapy...
- Ca2+ and ROS Crosstalk Signaling in Cardiac MitochondriaShey Shing Sheu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Both the increases in [Ca2+]m and ROS enhance the opening probability of MPT that further augments ROS generation...
- Epigenetic modulation of epileptogenesis.PEYMAN GOLSHANI; Fiscal Year: 2010..2 channels after SE increases the excitability of hippocampal neurons and has been proposed to increase the probability of chronic seizures...
- L-carnitine Treatment for Vasopressor Dependent Septic ShockAlan E Jones; Fiscal Year: 2013..As the trial progresses 28-day mortality data will be used to determine the probability that the dose of L-carnitine associated with the largest decrease in SOFA score would demonstrate efficacy in a ..
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY SUPPORTBetty Wood; Fiscal Year: 2013..The NCS will employ a national probability sampling approach to select locations and participants for conduct of the study...
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY -CLINICAL BIOLOGICAL ANALYSISVELAZQUEZ FRANCISCO; Fiscal Year: 2011..The NCS will employ a national probability sampling approach to select locations and participants for conduct of the study...
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY SUPPORTBetty Wood; Fiscal Year: 2011
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY SUPPORTBetty Wood; Fiscal Year: 2012
- ROLE OF NITRIC OXIDE IN INTERSTITIAL CYSTITISLori A Birder; Fiscal Year: 2013..place in these FIC cell types during long-term culture has given us a different perspective suggesting the probability of multiple changes along the sensory pathway...
- Violence Exposure, Immune Function &HIV/AIDS Risks in African American Young AdFROUGH SAADATMAND; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., multiple partners;failure to use condoms) that increase the probability f exposure to HIV. Chronic exposure to violence in multiple contexts (e.g...
- Bioconductor: an open computing resource for genomicsMartin Morgan; Fiscal Year: 2010..There is a high probability that funding this project will help to maintain and advance this important community resource...
- The development of a recombinant vaccine against human onchocerciasisSara Lustigman; Fiscal Year: 2013..a robust screening process, with the discovery of the best 2 recombinant Ov vaccine antigens with the highest probability for success at inducing protective immunity in humans...
- Vascular Structure and Function in Arteriovenous Fistula MaturationJonathan Himmelfarb; Fiscal Year: 2012..functional and structural alterations in the vasculature can be identified which will predict the probability of AV fistula maturation. To examine this hypothesis, we propose the following Specific Aims: 1...
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY COORDINATING CENTERElaine D Eaker; Fiscal Year: 2009
- GB Virus C and Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma Risk and PrognosisJack T Stapleton; Fiscal Year: 2013..and by working with leaders in GBV-C and lymphoma epidemiology and clinical research, the study has a high probability of success...
- Allergic Condition Susceptibility Polymorphisms and Glioma RiskJudith Schwartzbaum; Fiscal Year: 2012The most common type of adult glioma (a primary malignant brain tumor), glioblastoma, has a five-year survival probability of only 3%...
- TBI epileptogenesis: pathologic hippocampal L-glut synaptic plasticityJohn T Slevin; Fiscal Year: 2011..identify potential therapeutic targets, and pinpoint the therapeutic window to eliminate or reduce the probability of developing PTE...
- Individualized Treatment Strategies and Optimal Hematocrit Target for Complex DiaDENNIS JOSEPH COTTER; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to apply causal analytical methods (inverse probability weighting models) that, unlike standard statistical methods, appropriately adjust for time-dependent ..
- Using a Biomarker Panel for Detecting Adolescent DepressionJohn A Bilello; Fiscal Year: 2010..The SBIR project will develop a cost effective, minimally invasive, rapid screening bioassay using a small volume of blood. An algorithm will be used to quantify the probability that a teen is suffering from MDD.
- Hypocretin and Locus Ceruleus Interactions in Zebrafish Development and BehaviorGrigorios Oikonomou; Fiscal Year: 2012..Activity in these centers is correlated with wakefulness and stimulation of either cluster increases the probability of waking in sleeping mice...
- Muscle viscosity as a protective mechanism for absorbing mechanical shockArmen Sarvazyan; Fiscal Year: 2013..could help in anticipating joint diseases, such as tendonitis, bursitis and osteoarthritis and decreasing the probability of osteoporotic bone fracture...
- Role of Gprotein and SNAP-25 in NMDA vs mGluR presynaptic long-term plasticityKATISHA ROSE GOPAUL; Fiscal Year: 2013..Presynaptic components of NMDAR-LTD and LTP alter probability of neurotransmitter release, an effect believed to be associated with release of a retrograde signal from the ..
- Targeting of alpha7 nAChR for therapeutic effectsRoger L Papke; Fiscal Year: 2013..to measure the desensitizing properties of specific ligands and to overcome the intrinsically limited open probability of a7 receptors, making their single-channel currents more amenable to study...
- Statistical models to investigate long-distance QTL transcription regulationBARBARA ELIZABETH ENGELHARDT; Fiscal Year: 2011..We will build these networks using Bayesian statistical models to compute the probability of a particular network with respect to each gene in the network jointly, with associated eQTLs providing ..
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDYWilliam Hogan; Fiscal Year: 2013
- Microenvironmental changes on NK cell responses to primary HSV-1Andrew J Tarr; Fiscal Year: 2011..There are many factors that increase the severity and probability of reoccurrence, stress being one...
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDYHelen Koo; Fiscal Year: 2013
- Impaired hippocampal function as a risk factor for Post-Traumatic Stress DisorderAlmira Vazdarjanova; Fiscal Year: 2013..Understanding the risk factors for developing PTSD can help reduce the probability of occurrence after experiencing emotional trauma...
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDYKristina Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2013
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY SUPPORTRussell Walker; Fiscal Year: 2012
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDYDANA DABALEA; Fiscal Year: 2012
- SUPPORT OF THE NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY INFORMATION SYSTEMJAMES TER MAAT; Fiscal Year: 2012
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY BIOMEDICAL (APPLIED/EXPLORATORY)Lee Smith; Fiscal Year: 2011
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY BIOMEDICAL (APPLIED/EXPLORATORY)Lee Smith; Fiscal Year: 2012
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDYHelen Koo; Fiscal Year: 2012
- The Abeta protein of Alzheimer's Disease is an antimicrobial peptideRobert D Moir; Fiscal Year: 2013..We feel this line of enquiry has a high probability of yielding real and novel insights that will facilitate better strategies for ameliorating the pathological ..
- Integrative Cardiovascular Control During Exercise in HypertensionDONAL S O apos LEARY; Fiscal Year: 2010..of any strenuous physical activity due to the dangerous elevations in arterial pressure which increase the probability of sudden, adverse cardiovascular events such as myocardial infarction and stroke...
- Using fMRI to Measure Negative Symptoms in SchizophreniaEDWARD E contact SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2010..g., money), where the probability that each object leads to reward keeps changing slowly...
- TEST OF NEUTRAL MOLECULAR EVOLUTIONMartin Kreitman; Fiscal Year: 1999..teissieri and D. erecta - D. orena. Strictly neutral evolution is independent of population size, but the probability of fixation of slightly deleterious alleles is inversely proportional to population size and the probability of ..
- Unifying Mechanisms of Neurological Disorders: Scientific, Translational, and CliJOAN MARIE CRANMER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Neurotoxicology Conference is an annual event that focuses on a timely and provocative theme that has a high probability of advancing the field by being addressed by an interdisciplinary, international group of scientists in the ..
- Hurricane Katrina Community Advisory GroupRonald C Kessler; Fiscal Year: 2010..The current research design is based on a probability sample of 3000 adults (ages 18+) who were residents of the areas affected by Hurricane Katrina and who were ..
- A RuleFit Product for Classification and RegressionDAN STEINBERG; Fiscal Year: 2007..output of RULEFIT is a numeric value reecting a prediction of the value of the dependent variable or the probability of a class membership. RULEFIT is likely to become a leading technique in the machine learning and statistics...
- GATING OF THE CFTR CL CHANNEL BY ATP HYDROLYSISTzyh Chang Hwang; Fiscal Year: 1999..phosphorylation of the okadaic acid-insensitive site(s) enhances the channel activity by increasing the open probability. Further studies using nonhydrolyzable ATP analogs, AMP-PNP, and transition state phosphate analogs, vanadate ..
- Novel Treatment for Post-LASIK EctasiaMATTHEW MATTSON; Fiscal Year: 2009..risk and high efficacy, patients in the "at risk" group might be treated prophylactically to greatly reduce the probability of subsequent ectasia...
- G2/M DNA DAMAGE CHECKPOINT IN BUDDING YEASTTed Weinert; Fiscal Year: 2000..Human checkpoint genes include p53 and ATM and mutations in these genes are associated with increased probability of developing cancer. Dr...
- DIAGNOSIS OF CHEST PAIN AND CARE IN RURAL HOSPITALSJohn Westfall; Fiscal Year: 2000..The ACI-TIPI prints a probability score on the electrocardiogram report from 0-100% that the patient is truly suffering acute cardiac Ischemia...
- A Nanotechnology Enabled Point of Care Diagnostic Platform for Early Stage CancerJames Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2009..Of cancers in males, the most common is prostate, with a probability of 1 in 6...