Genomes and Genes
Summary: The use of statistical methods to analyze biological observations and phenomena.
Publications372 found, 100 shown here
- Biometry of the cornea and anterior chamber in chinese eyes: an anterior segment optical coherence tomography studyLeonard H Yuen
Singapore National Eye Centre SNEC, Singapore
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:3433-40. 2010..05). CONCLUSIONS. In this Chinese population, PCAL was found to correlate moderately with ACD. The data may be useful for corneal and anterior segment procedures such as Descemet's stripping automated endothelial keratoplasty (DSAEK)...
- Human identification using finger imagesAjay Kumar
Department of Computing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Hong Kong
IEEE Trans Image Process 21:2228-44. 2012..The rigorous experimental results presented on the database of 6264 images from 156 subjects illustrate significant improvement in the performance, i.e., both from the authentication and recognition experiments...
- Robust face recognition via sparse representationJohn Wright
Coordinated Science Laboratory, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 31:210-27. 2009..We conduct extensive experiments on publicly available databases to verify the efficacy of the proposed algorithm and corroborate the above claims...
- Finger vein recognition based on a personalized best bit mapGongping Yang
School of Computer Science and Technology, Shandong University, Jinan 250101, China
Sensors (Basel) 12:1738-57. 2012..Experimental results show that PBBM achieves not only better performance, but also high robustness and reliability. In addition, PBBM can be used as a general framework for binary pattern based recognition...
- Biometry and formula accuracy with intraocular lenses used for cataract surgery in extreme hyperopiaRobert E MacLaren
Moorfields Eye Hospital, City Road, London, United Kingdom
Am J Ophthalmol 143:920-931. 2007To audit intraocular lens (IOL) power predictions for cataract surgery in extreme hyperopia and to compare the accuracy across different biometry formulae and IOL types.
- Retinal and choroidal biometry in highly myopic eyes with spectral-domain optical coherence tomographyYasushi Ikuno
Department of Ophthalmology, Osaka University Medical School, Osaka Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:3876-80. 2009..Morphologic changes in the retina and choroid are closely related with high myopia-related diseases. This study was conducted to evaluate the morphologic characteristics of normal highly myopic eyes...
- Face description with local binary patterns: application to face recognitionTimo Ahonen
Machine Vision Group, Department of Electrical Information Engineering, University of Oulu, Finland
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 28:2037-41. 2006..The performance of the proposed method is assessed in the face recognition problem under different challenges. Other applications and several extensions are also discussed...
- Partial coherence interferometry: a novel approach to biometry in cataract surgeryW Drexler
Institut für Medizinische Physik, Universitat Wien, Vienna, Austria
Am J Ophthalmol 126:524-34. 1998To compare biometry performed by an enhanced version of dual beam partial coherence interferometry and applanation ultrasound in a prospective study of 85 cataract eyes to improve refractive outcome of cataract surgery due to a more ..
- Development of a rat schematic eye from in vivo biometry and the correction of lateral magnification in SD-OCT imagingDiana C Lozano
University of Houston College of Optometry, Houston, Texas
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 54:6446-55. 2013..g., axial length). Biometric differences between eyes will influence scan location. A schematic model eye was developed to compensate for lateral magnification in OCT images of the healthy rat...
- Comparison and evaluation of ocular biometry using a new noncontact optical low-coherence reflectometerKaspar Rohrer
Department of Ophthalmology, Inselspital, University Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Ophthalmology 116:2087-92. 2009....
- New finger biometric method using near infrared imagingEui Chul Lee
Division of Fusion and Convergence of Mathematical Sciences, National Institute for Mathematical Sciences 463 1, Jeonmin dong, KT Daeduk Research Center, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 390, Korea
Sensors (Basel) 11:2319-33. 2011..Therefore, the extracted binary patterns of finger images include the multimodal features of veins and finger geometries. Experimental results show that the proposed method has an error rate of 0.13%...
- Semiparametric regression of multidimensional genetic pathway data: least-squares kernel machines and linear mixed modelsDawei Liu
Center for Statistical Sciences, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA
Biometrics 63:1079-88. 2007..A score test is developed to test for the genetic pathway effect. Model/variable selection within the LSKM framework is discussed. The methods are illustrated using a prostate cancer data set and evaluated using simulations...
- Evaluation of the Lenstar LS 900 non-contact biometerL P J Cruysberg
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital Maastricht, P Debyelaan 25, 6202 AZ, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Br J Ophthalmol 94:106-10. 2010..Evaluation of the reproducibility of the Lenstar LS 900 non-contact biometer, and a comparison with the Visante anterior-segment optical coherence tomography (AS-OCT) and the IOLMaster...
- Estimating the generalized concordance correlation coefficient through variance componentsJosep L Carrasco
Bioestadistica, Departament de Salut Publica, Universitat de Barcelona, Facultat de Medicina, Casanova, 143 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Biometrics 59:849-58. 2003..A simulation study is carried out to compare the variance components approach with the moment method. The importance of adjusting by confounding covariates is illustrated with a case example...
- Personal recognition using hand shape and textureAjay Kumar
Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, New Delhi 110016, India
IEEE Trans Image Process 15:2454-61. 2006..Although more work remains to be done, our results to date indicate that the combination of selected hand-shape and palmprint features constitutes a promising addition to the biometrics-based personal recognition systems...
- Anterior segment biometry with the Pentacam: comprehensive assessment of repeatability of automated measurementsHema Shankar
Department of Ophthalmology, Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, South Australia, Australia
J Cataract Refract Surg 34:103-13. 2008..To comprehensively assess the reliability of automated Pentacam (Oculus, Inc.) measurements...
- Finger vein recognition using local line binary patternBakhtiar Affendi Rosdi
Intelligent Biometric Group, School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, USM Engineering Campus, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 14300 Nibong Tebal, Seberang Perai Selatan, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Sensors (Basel) 11:11357-71. 2011..Experimental results show that the proposed method using LLBP has better performance than the previous methods using LBP and local derivative pattern (LDP)...
- Protein restriction during gestation and/or lactation causes adverse transgenerational effects on biometry and glucose metabolism in F1 and F2 progenies of ratsAlessandra R Pinheiro
Laboratory of Morphometry and Cardiovascular Morphology, Biomedical Center, Institute of Biology, State University of Rio de Janeiro, 20551 030 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Clin Sci (Lond) 114:381-92. 2008..These findings suggest that low protein during gestation and/or lactation can be passed transgenerationally to the second generation...
- Permutation tests for multiple loci affecting a quantitative characterR W Doerge
Biometrics Unit, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Genetics 142:285-94. 1996..The search space for minor QTL is unrestricted, and RET-based tests may be more powerful than the CET-based test when the structural model is approximately true...
- Some methods of propensity-score matching had superior performance to others: results of an empirical investigation and Monte Carlo simulationsPeter C Austin
Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences, Toronto, ON, Canada
Biom J 51:171-84. 2009..2 of the standard deviation of the logit of the propensity score and the use of calipers of width 0.02 and 0.03 tended to have superior performance for estimating treatment effects...
- A new approach for using genome scans to detect recent positive selection in the human genomeKun Tang
Department of Evolutionary Genetics, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig, Germany
PLoS Biol 5:e171. 2007..Gene ontology analysis of the candidate regions revealed several new functional groups that might help explain some important interpopulation differences in phenotypic traits...
- Distribution of axial length and ocular biometry measured using partial coherence laser interferometry (IOL Master) in an older white populationReena Fotedar
Centre for Vision Research, Department of Ophthalmology and Westmead Millennium Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Ophthalmology 117:417-23. 2010..We also aimed to assess age and gender relationships with these parameters and their correlations with spherical equivalent refraction (SER)...
- Three mutually informative ways to understand the genetic relationships among behavioral disinhibition, alcohol use, drug use, nicotine use/dependence, and their co-occurrence: twin biometry, GCTA, and genome-wide scoringScott I Vrieze
Center for Statistical Genetics, Department of Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, 1415 Washington Heights, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Behav Genet 43:97-107. 2013..Behavioral disinhibition thus shares genetic etiology with measures of substance use, and this relationship is detectable at the level of measured genomic variation...
- Linear regression for face recognitionImran Naseem
The University of Western Australia, Crawley, Australia
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 32:2106-12. 2010..The proposed methodology achieves the best results ever reported for the challenging problem of scarf occlusion...
- Gender variation in ocular biometry and ultrasound biomicroscopy of primary angle closure suspects and normal eyesKrishna Kumar Ramani
Sankara Nethralaya, Unit of Medical Research Foundation, 18 College Road, Chennai 600 006, India
J Glaucoma 16:122-8. 2007To compare A-scan biometry and ultrasound biomicroscopy of primary angle closure suspects (PACS) with age-matched normal Indian eyes.
- Ethnic differences in the prevalence of myopia and ocular biometry in 10- and 11-year-old children: the Child Heart and Health Study in England (CHASE)Alicja R Rudnicka
Division of Community Health Sciences, St George s, University of London, London, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:6270-6. 2010..In this study, ethnic differences in refractive status and ocular biometry were examined in a multiethnic sample of British children.
- Comparison of the Zeiss IOLMaster and applanation A-scan ultrasound: biometry for intraocular lens calculationLoreto T Rose
Department of Ophthalmology, Concord Repatriation General Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 31:121-4. 2003..A comparison of axial length estimates using applanation A-scan ultrasound and the Zeiss IOLMaster was conducted. The accuracy in predicting postoperative refraction determined by each method was also compared...
- Comparison of anterior segment measurements with rotating Scheimpflug photography and partial coherence reflectometryJinhai Huang
Key Laboratory of Vision Science, School of Optometry and Ophthalmology and Eye Hospital, Wenzhou Medical College, Ministry of Health PR China
J Cataract Refract Surg 37:341-8. 2011To compare central corneal thickness (CCT), anterior chamber depth (ACD), and keratometry (K) readings measured using optical low-coherence reflectometry (OLCR) biometry and high-resolution rotating Scheimpflug photography.
- Technology: biometric recognitionAnil K Jain
Nature 449:38-40. 2007
- Analysis of biometry and prevalence data for corneal astigmatism in 23,239 eyesPeter Christian Hoffmann
Castrop Rauxel, and Augenklinik, Bad Hersfeld, Germany
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:1479-85. 2010To present and analyze biometry data sets and prevalence data for corneal astigmatism in a large population.
- Classification of early dry-type myopic maculopathy with macular choroidal thicknessNan Kai Wang
Department of Ophthalmology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Linkuo Medical Center, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Am J Ophthalmol 153:669-77, 677.e1-2. 2012..To compare the macular choroidal thickness in 2 types of early dry-type myopic maculopathy...
- Quality of ultrasound biometry obtained by local health workers in a refugee camp on the Thai-Burmese borderM J Rijken
Shoklo Malaria Research Unit, Mae Sot, Tak, Thailand
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 40:151-7. 2012..The aim of this study was to substantiate the accuracy of fetal biometry measurements performed by locally trained health workers by comparing derived reference equations with those ..
- Height and its relationship to refraction and biometry parameters in Singapore Chinese childrenSeang Mei Saw
Department of Community, Occupational and Family Medicine, National University of Singapore, 16 Medical Drive, Singapore 117597, Republic of Singapore
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43:1408-13. 2002..To examine the association between the anthropometric measurements of height, weight, body mass index (BMI) and refraction and other ocular parameters in Singapore Chinese children...
- Double-observer line transect methods: levels of independenceStephen T Buckland
Centre for Research into Ecological and Environmental Modelling, University of St Andrews, The Observatory, Buchanan Gardens, St Andrews, Fife KY16 9LZ, Scotland
Biometrics 66:169-77. 2010..We test the methods by simulation, and by analysis of a dataset for which true abundance is known. We illustrate the approach through analysis of minke whale sightings data from the North Sea and adjacent waters...
- Incorporating covariates into standard line transect analysesFernanda F C Marques
Research Unit for Wildlife Population Assessment, CREEM, The Observatory, Buchanan Gardens, St Andrews, Fife KY16 9LZ, UK
Biometrics 59:924-35. 2003..Small sample size properties of estimators are examined via simulations. As an example the method is applied to eastern tropical Pacific dolphin sightings data...
- Compatible simultaneous lower confidence bounds for the Holm procedure and other Bonferroni-based closed testsKlaus Strassburger
Institute of Biometrics and Epidemiology, German Diabetes Centre, Leibniz Institute for Diabetes Research at Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Germany
Stat Med 27:4914-27. 2008..We illustrate the results with a numerical example...
- French fetal biometry: reference equations and comparison with other chartsL J Salomon
CFEF Collège Français d Echographie Foetale, Paris, France
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 28:193-8. 2006....
- Ocular biometry and refraction in Mongolian adultsSanjeewa Wickremasinghe
Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:776-83. 2004To describe the variation in ocular biometry and its association with refraction in adult Mongolians.
- Ametropia and ocular biometry in a U.K. university student populationNicola S Logan
Human Myopia Research Centre, Neurosciences Research Institute, Aston University, Birmingham, UK
Optom Vis Sci 82:261-6. 2005..This study determines the prevalence of ametropia in a mixed ethnicity U.K. university student population and compares associated ocular biometric measures...
- Heritabilities of ocular biometrical traits in two croatian isolates with extended pedigreesVeronique Vitart
MRC Medical Research Council Human Genetics Unit, IGMM Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:737-43. 2010..To assess the effects of body stature and years of education, in addition to age and sex, on six oculometric traits and to estimate the heritabilities of these quantitative traits in two Croatian cross-population studies...
- Hemiretinal form deprivation: evidence for local control of eye growth and refractive development in infant monkeysEarl L Smith
College of Optometry, University of Houston, Houston, Texas 77204 2020, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:5057-69. 2009..To determine whether refractive development in primates is mediated by local retinal mechanisms, the authors examined the effects of hemiretinal form deprivation on ocular growth and the pattern of peripheral refractions in rhesus monkeys...
- Enhanced local texture feature sets for face recognition under difficult lighting conditionsXiaoyang Tan
Department of Computer Science and Technology, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Nanjing 210016, China
IEEE Trans Image Process 19:1635-50. 2010..1% at 0.1% false accept rate. Further experiments show that our preprocessing method outperforms several existing preprocessors for a range of feature sets, data sets and lighting conditions...
- Intraocular lens power calculation in short eyesE A Gavin
West Kent Eye Centre, Bromley Hospitals NHS Trust, Orpington, UK
Eye (Lond) 22:935-8. 2008To compare the accuracy of the Hoffer Q and SRK-T formulae in eyes below 22 mm in axial length, using biometry measured with partial coherence inferometry (PCI), without a customised ACD constant.
- Value of a single early third trimester fetal biometry for the prediction of birth weight deviations in a low risk populationPaul A O M De Reu
Midden Brabant Midwifery Care Center, Boxtel, The Netherlands
J Perinat Med 36:324-9. 2008To analyze the value of a single ultrasound biometry examination at the onset of the third trimester of pregnancy for the detection of small-for-gestational-age (SGA) and large-for-gestational-age (LGA) at birth in a low risk population...
- Use of allometry in predicting anatomical and physiological parameters of mammalsS L Lindstedt
Physiology and Functional Morphology Group, Department of Biological Sciences, Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff 86011 5640, USA
Lab Anim 36:1-19. 2002..g. heart rate, respiratory rate) scale as b approximately equal to -1/4. Finally, volume-rates (the product of volume and rate) such as cardiac output, ventilation and oxygen uptake vary as b approximately equal to 3/4...
- Accuracy of intraocular lens power prediction using the Hoffer Q, Holladay 1, Holladay 2, and SRK/T formulasJulio Narvaez
Department of Ophthalmology, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, California, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:2050-3. 2006..To compare the accuracy of intraocular lens (IOL) power calculations using 4 formulas: Hoffer Q, Holladay 1, Holladay 2, and SRK/T...
- The Biomarker-Surrogacy Evaluation Schema: a review of the biomarker-surrogate literature and a proposal for a criterion-based, quantitative, multidimensional hierarchical levels of evidence schema for evaluating the status of biomarkers as surrogate endpMarissa N Lassere
Department of Rheumatology, St George Hospital, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Stat Methods Med Res 17:303-40. 2008..This schema would facilitate communication between clinical, researcher, regulatory, industry and consumer participants necessary for evaluation of the biomarker-surrogate-clinical endpoint relationship in their different settings...
- Pores and ridges: high-resolution fingerprint matching using level 3 featuresAnil K Jain
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Michigan State University, 3115 Engineering Building, East Lansing, MI 48824 1226, USA
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 29:15-27. 2007..This significant performance gain is consistently observed across various quality fingerprint images...
- Ocular refraction: heritability and genome-wide search for eye morphometry traits in an isolated Sardinian populationGinevra Biino
Institute of Population Genetics, CNR, Alghero, Italy
Hum Genet 116:152-9. 2005..A complete eye examination including refraction and ocular biometry measurements such as axial length (AL), anterior chamber depth (ACD) and corneal curvature (CC), was performed on ..
- Dependence of neuronal correlations on filter characteristics and marginal spike train statisticsTom Tetzlaff
Bernstein Center for Computational Neuroscience, Albert Ludwigs University, Freiburg, Germany
Neural Comput 20:2133-84. 2008..In different network models, we discuss the estimation of network connectivity from the high-frequency coherence of simultaneous intracellular recordings of pairs of neurons...
- Reproducibility of optical biometry using partial coherence interferometry : intraobserver and interobserver reliabilityA Vogel
Department of Ophthalmology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Cataract Refract Surg 27:1961-8. 2001To evaluate the intraobserver and interobserver variability in axial length (AL), anterior chamber depth (ACD), and corneal radius measurements using an optical biometry instrument based on partial coherence interferometry (PCI).
- Biometry and intraocular lens power calculationAlexander C Lee
Pepose Vision Institute, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63017, USA
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 19:13-7. 2008..patient expectations for precise postoperative refractive results have spurred the continued improvements in biometry and intraocular lens calculations...
- Ocular biometry in occludable angles and angle closure glaucoma: a population based surveyR George
Glaucoma Project, Vision Research Foundation, Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai, India Marshfield Medical Research Foundation, WI, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 87:399-402. 2003..Aim: To compare ocular biometric values in a population based sample of eyes with occludable angles, angle closure glaucoma, and normal subjects...
- A general modeling strategy for gene regulatory networks with stochastic dynamicsAndre Ribeiro
Institute for Biocomplexity and Informatics, Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Comput Biol 13:1630-9. 2006..Therefore, the general strategy here proposed may be used to simulate real genetic networks...
- Eigenfeature regularization and extraction in face recognitionXudong Jiang
School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Nanyang Link, Singapore
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 30:383-94. 2008..Experiments comparing the proposed approach with some other popular subspace methods on the FERET, ORL, AR and GT databases show that our method consistently outperforms others...
- The effect of bright light on lens compensation in chicksRegan S Ashby
Institute for Ophthalmic Research, Section of Neurobiology of the Eye, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:5247-53. 2010..This study was conducted to test how bright light interacts with compensation for imposed optical defocus. Furthermore, a dopamine antagonist was applied to test whether the protective effect of light is mediated by dopamine...
- Refractive errors of medical students in Turkey: one year follow-up of refraction and biometrySumru Onal
Department of Ophthalmology, Marmara University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Optom Vis Sci 84:175-80. 2007..Besides general refractive characteristics of the students, the possible relationship between the occurrence of myopia and several factors was also determined...
- Refractive error and biometry in older Chinese adults: the Liwan eye studyMingguang He
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:5130-6. 2009To assess the prevalence of refractive error and describe the distribution of ocular biometry and its association with refraction in adult Chinese.
- Swift laboratory thermal evolution of wing shape (but not size) in Drosophila subobscura and its relationship with chromosomal inversion polymorphismM Santos
Grup de Biologia Evolutiva GBE, Departament de Genetica i de Microbiologia, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Evol Biol 17:841-55. 2004..These findings cast strong doubts on the supposed 'unpredictability' of the geographical cline for wing traits in D. subobscura North American colonizing populations...
- Variable selection and Bayesian model averaging in case-control studiesV Viallefont
INSERM-U. 170, 16 av P. Vaillant-Couturier, 94 807 Villejuif Cedex, France
Stat Med 20:3215-30. 2001..The methods are applied and compared in the context of a case-control study of cervical cancer...
- A graphical approach to sequentially rejective multiple test proceduresFrank Bretz
Novartis Pharma AG, Lichtstrasse 35, 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Stat Med 28:586-604. 2009..The approach is illustrated with the visualization of several common gatekeeping strategies. A case study is used to illustrate how the methods from this article can be used to tailor a multiple test procedure to given study objectives...
- Shape-based hand recognitionErdem Yörük
BUSIM Laboratory, Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey
IEEE Trans Image Process 15:1803-15. 2006..Both the classification and the verification performances are found to be very satisfactory as it was shown that, at least for groups of about five hundred subjects, hand-based recognition is a viable secure access control scheme...
- Relationship between retinal detachment and biometry in 4262 cataractous eyesAartie C E Bhagwandien
Department of Ophthalmology, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Ophthalmology 113:643-9. 2006..To assess risk factors for retinal detachment (RD) in eyes that previously underwent cataract surgery...
- Estimation of vaccine efficacy in a repeated measures study under heterogeneity of exposure or susceptibility to infectionClarissa Valim
Clinical Research Program, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Ave Boston, MA 02115, USA
Philos Trans A Math Phys Eng Sci 366:2347-60. 2008..Through simulation studies, we compare the properties of this estimator with proportional hazards estimation under the heterogeneity of exposure. The methods are applied to a reanalysis of a malaria vaccine trial in Brazil...
- Axial myopia induced by hyperopic defocus in guinea pigs: A detailed assessment on susceptibility and recoveryFan Lu
School of Optometry and Ophthalmology, Eye Hospital, Wenzhou Medical College, 270 Xueyuan Road, Wenzhou, Zhejiang, China
Exp Eye Res 89:101-8. 2009..The lenses were worn from 3 weeks to 5 weeks of age in the 2-week treatment groups with the biometry measured at 2, 4, 6, 10 and 14 days of lens wear...
- Diagnosis of IUGR: traditional biometryElizabeth Platz
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of South Carolina, 96 Jonathan Lucas Street, Suite 634, PO Box 250619, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Semin Perinatol 32:140-7. 2008..The purpose of this chapter is to discuss those traditional biometric measurements as they relate to the diagnosis of IUGR...
- Intraocular lens power calculation: clinical comparison of 2 optical biometry devicesTanja M Rabsilber
International Vision Correction Research Centre, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 400, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:230-4. 2010..To evaluate intraocular lens (IOL) power calculation using a new optical low-coherence reflectometry (OLCR) biometer and compare the results with those obtained with a partial coherence interferometry (PCI) optical biometer...
- Comparison of preoperative and postoperative ocular biometry in eyes with phakic intraocular lens implantationsJoo Youn Shin
Institute of Vision Research, Department of Ophthalmology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 54:1259-65. 2013To compare preoperative and postoperative ocular biometry in patients with iris-fixated phakic intraocular lens (pIOLs): Artisan and Artiflex.
- Laser interference biometry versus ultrasound biometry in certain clinical conditionsB A M Lege
ALZ Augenklinik, Munich, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 242:8-12. 2004To compare laser interference biometry (LIB) with conventional ultrasound biometry in certain clinical conditions such as globe deformities, eccentric fixation, retinal detachment, macular edema or silicone oil-filled eyes.
- In vivo biometry in the mouse eye with low coherence interferometryChristine Schmucker
Section of Neurobiology of the Eye, University Eye Hospital, Calwerstr 7 1, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Vision Res 44:2445-56. 2004..Using this technique, ocular biometry was performed in mice with normal vision and after deprivation of form vision.
- Comparing ultrasound biometry with partial coherence interferometry for intraocular lens power calculations: a randomized studySimon Raymond
Department of Surgery, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:2547-52. 2009..IOL) power calculations for cataract surgery as measured by postoperative refractive error using partial coherence interferometry (PCI) are more accurate in improving postoperative outcomes than applanation ultrasound biometry (AUS).
- Intraocular lens formula constant optimization and partial coherence interferometry biometry: Refractive outcomes in 8108 eyes after cataract surgeryPetros Aristodemou
Bristol Eye Hospital, Bristol, United Kingdom
J Cataract Refract Surg 37:50-62. 2011To assess the benefits of intraocular lens (IOL)-constant optimization for IOLMaster biometry on refractive outcomes after cataract surgery for all surgeons and individual surgeons, define acceptable levels of error in IOL-constant ..
- Fetal age assessment based on ultrasound head biometry and the effect of maternal and fetal factorsSynnøve Lian Johnsen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Haukeland University Hospital and University of Bergen, Norway
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 83:716-23. 2004....
- Ocular biometry and open-angle glaucoma: the Los Angeles Latino Eye StudyAaron A Kuzin
Doheny Eye Institute and the Department of Ophthalmology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Ophthalmology 117:1713-9. 2010..To examine the associations among myopic refractive error (MRE), corneal power (CP), axial length (AL), and the prevalence of open-angle glaucoma (OAG) in an adult Latino population...
- Comparison of intraocular lens power prediction using immersion ultrasound and optical biometry with and without formula optimizationGabor Nemeth
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical and Health Science Center, University of Debrecen, Nagyerdei blvd 98, H 4012 Debrecen, Hungary
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 250:1321-5. 2012Comparison of postoperative refraction results using ultrasound biometry with closed immersion shell and optical biometry.
- Ethnic differences in refraction and ocular biometry in a population-based sample of 11-15-year-old Australian childrenJ M Ip
Department of Ophthalmology and the Westmead Millennium Institute, Centre for Vision Research, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Eye (Lond) 22:649-56. 2008..To examine the prevalence of refractive error and distribution of ocular biometric parameters among major ethnic groups in a population-based sample of 11-15-year-old Australian children...
- Impact of prenatal tobacco smoke exposure, as measured by midgestation serum cotinine levels, on fetal biometry and umbilical flow velocity waveformsJarosław Kalinka
Department of Perinatology, Institute of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Am J Perinatol 22:41-7. 2005..This could be one of the main mechanisms leading to decreased birthweight observed among infants with prenatal exposure to tobacco smoke...
- Biometry of face and brain in fetuses with trisomy 21Anne Marie Guihard-Costa
CNRS, UPR, Paris, France
Pediatr Res 59:33-8. 2006..These results confirm the early phenotypical expression of trisomy 21 on craniofacial morphology, associated with a marked restriction of brain growth, especially in the supratentorial part...
- [Optical biometry of eyes corrected by phakic intraocular lenses]G Pitault
Service d ophtalmologie 3, Centre Hospitalier National d Ophtalmologie des Quinze Vingts, 28, rue de Charenton 75012 Paris
J Fr Ophtalmol 28:1052-7. 2005..The aim of this study was to determine whether eye length measurements obtained with the IOL Master (Zeiss Humphrey) before and after phakic IOL implantation would show any changes...
- Uptake of propranolol, a cardiovascular pharmaceutical, from water into fish plasma and its effects on growth and organ biometryStewart F Owen
Institute for the Environment, Brunel University, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 3PH, UK
Aquat Toxicol 93:217-24. 2009..Despite these effects at relatively high concentrations, propranolol is not expected to pose a risk to fish at the concentrations considered to be present in the aquatic environment...
- Comparison of anterior chamber depth measurements by 3-dimensional optical coherence tomography, partial coherence interferometry biometry, Scheimpflug rotating camera imaging, and ultrasound biomicroscopyShunsuke Nakakura
Department of Ophthalmology, Saneikai Tsukazaki Hospital, Himeji, Japan
J Cataract Refract Surg 38:1207-13. 2012..To evaluate the congruity of anterior chamber depth (ACD) measurements using 4 devices...
- Intraoperative optical refractive biometry for intraocular lens power estimation without axial length and keratometry measurementsTsontcho Ianchulev
Doheny Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, Keck School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 31:1530-6. 2005..aphakic autorefraction to conventional emmetropic intraocular lens (IOL) calculations and derive an empiric predictive model for IOL estimation based on optical refractive biometry without axial length and keratometry measurements.
- Keratometry, biometry and prediction of intraocular lens power in the equine eyeRichard J McMullen
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, USA
Vet Ophthalmol 9:357-60. 2006....
- Accuracy of cornea and lens biometry using anterior segment optical coherence tomographyMark C M Dunne
Aston University, Ophthalmic Research Group, Birmingham, United Kingdom
J Biomed Opt 12:064023. 2007..Our improved scheme reduced AS-OCT errors and could, therefore, enhance pre- and postoperative assessments of keratorefractive or cataract surgery, including measurement of accommodating intraocular lenses...
- Human ocular biometryRobert C Augusteyn
Vision Cooperative Research Centre, Brien Holden Vision Institute, Sydney, Australia
Exp Eye Res 102:70-5. 2012..Male and female eyes of the same age have the same globe and cornea dimensions...
- Dating biometry during the first trimester: accuracy of an every-day practiceG Grange
Service de Gynécologie Obstétrique I, Maternite Port Royal Baudelocque, Hôpital Cochin Université René Descartes, Paris V, France
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 88:61-4. 2000..The goal of this study was to determine the accuracy of an every-day practice for assessing gestational age by ultrasound measurement of the greatest embryonic length (GEL)...
- Reliability of the IOLMaster in axial length evaluation in silicone oil-filled eyesM Parravano
Fondazione GB Bietti per lo Studio e la Ricerca in Oftalmologia IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Eye (Lond) 21:909-11. 2007..To assess the reliability of IOLMaster in axial length (AL) measurement in phakic silicone oil-filled vs pseudophakic saline-filled eyes...
- Fitting semiparametric random effects models to large data setsMichael L Pennell
Division of Biostatistics, College of Public Health, The Ohio State University, B 115 Starling Loving Hall, 320 West 10th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Biostatistics 8:821-34. 2007..We use our approach to model the effects of maternal smoking during pregnancy on growth in 17,518 girls...
- Anterior ocular biometry using 3-dimensional optical coherence tomographyShinichi Fukuda
Department of Ophthalmology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennoudai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Ophthalmology 116:882-9. 2009To evaluate anterior ocular biometry by comparing the measurements of central corneal thickness (CCT) and anterior chamber depth (ACD) with 3-dimensional corneal and anterior segment optical coherence tomography (CAS-OCT) and other methods...
- Macular pigment and ocular biometryKumari Neelam
Waterford Institute of Technology, Waterford, Ireland
Vision Res 46:2149-56. 2006..This is an important negative finding, which allows investigators to study MP, and its relationship with potentially important variables, without the need to correct for ocular biometric parameters...
- Reference charts and equations of Korean fetal biometrySung Il Jung
Department of Radiology, Cheil General Hospital and Women s Healthcare Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Jung Gu, Seoul, Korea
Prenat Diagn 27:545-51. 2007..To construct new reference charts and equations for fetal biparietal diameter (BPD), head circumference (HC), abdominal circumference (AC) and femur diaphysis length (FDL) from Korean fetuses at 12-40 weeks...
- Simultaneous bilateral versus sequential bilateral cataract surgery: Helsinki Simultaneous Bilateral Cataract Surgery Study Report 1Anna Ulrika Sarikkola
Anterior Segment Surgery Service, Department of Ophthalmology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
J Cataract Refract Surg 37:992-1002. 2011..To evaluate the refractive outcomes, complication rates, and changes in patients' functional state and satisfaction with simultaneous compared with sequential bilateral cataract surgery...
- Refractive error and ocular biometry in Jordanian adultsEdward A H Mallen
Department of Optometry, University of Bradford, Richmond Road, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD7 1DP, UK
Ophthalmic Physiol Opt 25:302-9. 2005..Refractive error and ocular biometry were measured in 1093 Jordanian adult subjects aged 17-40 years to determine the prevalence of refractive error, ..
- Accommodating unmodeled heterogeneity in double-observer distance sampling surveysD L Borchers
Research Unit for Wildlife Population Assessment, The Observatory, Buchanan Gardens, University of St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9LZ, Scotland
Biometrics 62:372-8. 2006..We demonstrate its usefulness in coping with unmodeled heterogeneity using data from an aerial survey of crabeater seals in the Antarctic...
- The impact of choice of reference charts and equations on the assessment of fetal biometryL J Salomon
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Centre Hospitalier Intercommunal de Poissy St Germain, Poissy, France
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 25:559-65. 2005The assessment of fetal biometry is usually based on the comparison of measured values with predicted values derived from reference charts or equations in a normal population...
- Prediction of intrauterine fetal death in small-for-gestational-age fetuses: impact of including ultrasound biometry in customized modelsA O Odibo
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Ultrasound and Genetics, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 39:288-92. 2012..We sought to estimate the impact of adding ultrasound biometric parameters to the customized chart for the prediction of intrauterine fetal death (IUFD)...
- Anterior segment biometry during accommodation imaged with ultralong scan depth optical coherence tomographyChixin Du
Department of Ophthalmology, First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Ophthalmology 119:2479-85. 2012..To measure by ultralong scan depth optical coherence tomography (UL-OCT) dimensional changes in the anterior segment of human eyes during accommodation...
- Oogonial biometry and phylogenetic analyses of the Pythium vexans species group from woody agricultural hosts in South Africa reveal distinct groups within this taxonChristoffel F J Spies
Department of Plant Pathology, University of Stellenbosch, Matieland 7602, South Africa
Fungal Biol 115:157-68. 2011..vexans, (ii) conflicting gene tree phylogenies preventing phylogenetic species identification, and (iii) sexually sterile isolates preventing the broad application of biometrical data...
- [Correlation between refraction and ocular biometry]O Touzeau
Service d Ophtalmologie, Hopital St Antoine, 184, rue du Faubourg St Antoine, 75012 Paris
J Fr Ophtalmol 26:355-63. 2003To study the correlation between subjective refraction and biometry obtained by Orbscan and echography in normal eyes. To compare biometric parameters with the subjective spherical equivalent.
- The importance of biometry to cataract outcomes in a surgical unit in AfricaSebastian Briesen
Eye Clinic Dardenne, Bonn, Germany
Ophthalmic Epidemiol 17:196-202. 2010To determine how much difference biometry makes to refractive outcomes in a population in Sub-Saharan Africa compared to using standard-power intraocular lenses (IOLs).
- Using Z-scores to compare biometry data obtained during prenatal ultrasound screening by midwives and physiciansP Capmas
Universite Paris Sud, Maternité, CHU Antoine Béclère, AP HP, Clamart, France
Prenat Diagn 30:40-2. 2010To compare retrospectively the distribution of foetal biometry data as measured by midwives and physicians during second and third trimester screening of an unselected population of pregnant women.
- Prenatal stress biology, infant body composition and obesity riskSonja Entringer; Fiscal Year: 2013..the maternal-placental- fetal endocrine and immune/inflammatory milieu, serial ultrasound-based measures of fetal biometry, clinical measures of obstetric complications, measures of maternal biophysical, sociodemographic, behavioral, ..
- Traffic-Related Air Pollution and Ultrasound Measures of Fetal GrowthMICHELLE WILHELM TURNER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Children's Study activities in Southern California, specifically by pinpointing: (1) whether and which fetal biometry measures are important to collect during pregnancy;(2) whether and which periods during pregnancy are ..
- Genetic Basis of Nanophthalmos and Human Ocular BiometryOlof H Sundin; Fiscal Year: 2010..If we can establish that such genetic variation contributes to human ocular biometry, this would provide an essential basis and rationale for any therapeutic interventions involving the function of ..
- The Role of Human Milk in Infant Nutrition and HealthArdythe L Morrow; Fiscal Year: 2013..The projects will be supported by cores in Biometry (Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and Informatics);Glycobiology;and Molecular Biology...
- MRI Biometry of the Pseudophakic Cadaver EyeSusan A Strenk; Fiscal Year: 2010..in the anterior segment and to provide much needed calibration algorithms between our existing in vivo MRI biometry and cadaver biometry, since cadaver studies are routinely used in IOL design...
- Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer Area in Aging and GlaucomaNIMESH BHIKHU PATEL; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using non-invasive methodologies to measure ocular biometry, ocular magnification can be computed...
- A DATABASE OF IOL POSITION AND BEHAVIORSusan A Strenk; Fiscal Year: 2010..Soemmering's ring in vivo with MRI and correlate Soemmering's ring development with anterior segment biometry and IOL type, position, tilt, decentration, and accommodative behavior...
- UAB Mental Retardation Research CenterALAN KENNETH PERCY; Fiscal Year: 2012..An Administration and Biometry Core (Core A) provides scientific leadership, supports population-based studies on mental retardation and ..
- DYNAMICS OF HEALTH, AGING AND BODY COMPOSITION (HEALTH ABC) COORDINATING UNITMichael Nevitt; Fiscal Year: 2012The intramural Laboratories of Epidemiology, Demography and Biometry (EDB) and Clinical Investigation are supporting a clinical research study, the Dynamics of Health, Aging and Body Composition (HEALTH ABC)...
- DYNAMICS OF HEALTH, AGING AND BODY COMPOSITION (HEALTH ABC) COORDINATING UNITMichael C Nevitt; Fiscal Year: 2009The intramural Laboratories of Epidemiology, Demography and Biometry (EDB) and Clinical Investigation are supporting a clinical research study, the Dynamics of Health, Aging and Body Composition (HEALTH ABC)...
- Fostering Diversity in Biostatistics WorkshopScarlett Bellamy; Fiscal Year: 2013..increasing the pipeline of such individuals who choose to enroll in advanced degree programs in biostatistics or biometry more broadly...
- Computer Support for the Colon Cancer Screening in PLCO Cancer Screening TrialsWilliam Lake; Fiscal Year: 2009..services, primarily systems design, computer programming, system documentation and operational support to the Biometry Research Group, Division of Cancer Prevention, in the National Cancer Institute, the National Institutes of ..
- BIOMETRY/EPIDEMIOLOGY TRAINING GRANT IN BIOSTATISTICSGIOVANNI LUIGI PARMIGIANI; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal requests funding to support 10 pre-doctoral students and 1 post-doctoral fellow for 5 years. ..
- MRI Biometry of the Pseudophakic Cadaver EyeSusan Strenk; Fiscal Year: 2007..in the anterior segment and to provide much needed calibration algorithms between our existing in vivo MRI biometry and cadaver biometry, since cadaver studies are routinely used in IOL design...
- Computer Support for Prostate Cancer Screening in the PLCO Cancer Screening TrialWilliam Lake; Fiscal Year: 2010..services, primarily systems design, computer programming, system documentation and operational support to the Biometry Research Group, Division of Cancer Prevention, in the National Cancer Institute, the National Institutes of ..
- Computer Support for Prostate Cancer Screening in the PLCO Cancer Screening TrialWilliam Lake; Fiscal Year: 2011..services, primarily systems design, computer programming, system documentation and operational support to the Biometry Research Group, Division of Cancer Prevention, in the National Cancer Institute, the National Institutes of ..
- Computer Support for Prostate Cancer Screening in the PLCO Cancer Screening TrialWilliam Lake; Fiscal Year: 2012
- Optical Investigation On Early Keratoconus DetectionYING LING ANN CHEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..of personalized eye modeling will be utilized with contemporary clinical wavefront, topography, and ocular biometry data to provide high-fidelity optical models of FFKC and KC eyes...
- Optomechanical characteristics of lens accommodationFabrice Manns; Fiscal Year: 2013..stimulus, and image processing software will be developed and integrated into a combined imaging and biometry system that will allow simultaneous measurement of the axial eye length, lens shape, lens internal structure, ..
- Improved Quantitative Assessment of the Fetal Brain from 3D Volumetric MRISimon K Warfield; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 3 involves the comparison of fetal brain biometry and evaluation using 2D MRI, 2D sonography and 3D MRI...
- Clinical Accommodation MeasurementAdrian Glasser; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long term objectives are to validate a commercially available autorefractor, aberrometer and biometry instrument, to demonstrate that accommodation can be measured objectively in clinical settings, to encourage ..
- Keratoconus eye model bank for virtual clinical trials and medical educationsYING LING ANN CHEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..have enabled access to the "fingerprints" of an eye with cornea topography, wavefront aberration, and ocular biometry. In the first half of this project, novel optical eye modeling techniques will be integrated with contemporary ..
- MAMDC--UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI COLLEGE OF MEDICINEDavid Glass; Fiscal Year: 2000..PI -D.J. Lovell, MD, MPH. Three cores are proposed and include; 1) Biometry; Director - E.H. Giannini, MSc, DrPH 2) Molecular Genotyping and Sequencing; -S.D...
- MULTIPURPOSE ARTHRITIS & MUSCULOSKELETAL DISEASES CENTERMATTHEW LIANG; Fiscal Year: 2000..The Cores, Biometry, Morphology and DNA Sequencing, support a variety of biomedical and clinical studies and over 20 investigators...
- MENTAL HEALTH EPIDEMIOLOGY AND BIOMETRYRobert Woolson; Fiscal Year: 2000..The University of Iowa/NIMH Psychiatric Epidemiology and Biometry Training Program is currently a post-doctoral program providing advanced training in psychiatric epidemiology and ..
- ULTRASONIC SYSTEM FOR OCULAR VISUALIZATION AND BIOMETRYGEORGE WISEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..system will couple high-frequency ultrasound (40 MHz) with novel signal processing to provide accurate, precise biometry of the cornea and anterior chamber...
- INCOMPLETE RECOVERY FOLLOWING LYME DISEASENancy Shadick; Fiscal Year: 2001..Computer facilities in the Center's Biometry Core are available to the candidate...
- HUMAN ALBUMIN THERAPY-TREATMENT OF ACUTE ISCHEMIC STROKEMYRON GINSBERG; Fiscal Year: 2003..The Department of Biometry and Epidemiology at the Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, will provide data management and ..
- ULTRASOUND ENHANCED THROMBOLYSIS FOR ISCHEMIC STROKEAndrei Alexandrov; Fiscal Year: 2004..Dr Alexandrov will learn biometry and clinical trial design methods under supervision of Dr James Grotta, UT-Houston, TX and develop the device ..
- Ocular Biometry in Vision ScreeningHerve Byron; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- APOPTOSIS IN COLON CANCER CHEMOPREVENTIONEugene Gerner; Fiscal Year: 2005..in cell and tissue pathology, breeding and maintaining genetically altered rodent models of colon carcinogenesis, biometry and administration and evaluation...
- HEALTH EFFECTS OF CHLORINATED COMPOUNDSMargaret James; Fiscal Year: 2006..To support this research, four research cores are proposed: analytical, histopathology, biometry and aquatic toxicology...
- Retcam 120 Wide Field Digital Imaging SystemAnne Fulton; Fiscal Year: 2002..The RetCam images of the entire retinal surface area, combined with biometry of the globe, allow estimates retinal surface area in eyes with ROP, including those with multiple, small areas ..
- NIAMS Clinical Research Center for Rheumatoid DiseaseRichard Silver; Fiscal Year: 2007..Outstanding leadership in three key areas - Rheumatology, Biometry/Epidemiology, and Health Services Research - provides a framework for successful design and implementation of ..
- Vision Research--Biostatistics and Epidemiology ModuleKarla Zadnik; Fiscal Year: 2007..of Ethnicity and Refractive Error (CLEERE) Study (U10-EY10419, funded 1991-2006, Pl=Zadnik); the Berkeley Infant Biometry Study (R01-EY11801, funded 1997-2004, PI=Mutti); the Study of Progression of Adult Nearsightedness (R01-EY12952, ..
- BRAIN STRUCTURE AND COGNITION IN ELDERLY WITH APOE E4LARRY TUPLER; Fiscal Year: 2002..his ongoing academic activities, as well as receive classroom instruction in neuroanatomy, neuroradiology, biometry, biomedical engineering, computer science, and experimental psychology...
- COMPREHENSIVE ORAL HEALTH RESEARCH CENTER FOR DISCOVERYTimothy Derouen; Fiscal Year: 2003..The Center proposal consists of five cores (administrative, outreach, biometry, basic science, and clinical) and fourteen ongoing funded projects...
- CANCER PREVENTION AND ETIOLOGY GRANTDavid Alberts; Fiscal Year: 2001..Under the broad context of cancer prevention, this comprehensive program has integrated sections in Biometry, Epidemiology, Nutrition, Behavioral Science, Public Health, Cancer Biology, Minority Cancer Prevention, Nursing, ..
- DISTANCE LEARNING MODELS FOR CLINICAL RESEARCH AWARDEugene Oddone; Fiscal Year: 2004..The Clinical Research Training Program (formerly the Biometry Training Program) at Duke University Medical Center has offered a formalized academic program in the quantitative ..
- TRAINING IN STATISTICS AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCEGeorge Casella; Fiscal Year: 1999..The trainees are drawn from an applicant pool to the extremely large and well recognized program in biometry and statistics at Cornell University...
- Ocular Biometry in Vision ScreeningHOWARD APPLE; Fiscal Year: 2001..In Phase II extended clinical trials will be perfonned in cooperation with the Jules Stein Eye Institute on the University of Califomia campus in Los Angeles. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: NOT AVAILABLE ..
- PHASE 2 CLINICAL TRIALS OF OLTIPRAZ IN BREAST NEOPLASIADaniel Hayes; Fiscal Year: 2000..programming, data processing, and data management support for the research projects being conducted by the Biometry Branch...
- Assessing Quality of Life for Rehabilitation PatientsGlenn Ostir; Fiscal Year: 2009..as a guest researcher at the National Institute on Aging (NIA), Laboratory of Epidemiology, Demography, and Biometry in Bethesda, Maryland...
- OCULAR DEVELOPMENT IN INFANCY/EARLY CHILDHOODDonald Mutti; Fiscal Year: 2005..The initial phase of the Berkeley Infant Biometry Study (BIBS) was a five-year longitudinal study of the ocular components in infants and toddlers aged three ..
- Binocular Objective Pediatric Vision ScreeningLARRY HORWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2002..Ophthonix, Inc. has developed an enabling technology, the Vision Biometry Instrument (VBI), which provides the wavefront sensing, refraction/accommodation, strabismus, and acuity ..
- EXPLORATORY METHODS FOR SPATIAL AND TEMPORAL DATAEdward Chao; Fiscal Year: 2000..Data with space and time attributes are very common in epidemiology and biometry. Special exploratory methods are desired in order to study these kinds of data for the simultaneous assessment of ..
- CLINICAL DENTAL RESEARCH CORE CENTERROY PAGE; Fiscal Year: 2001..The CDRCC consists of Administrative, Biometry, Biomedical and Biobehavioral Cores...
- CLINICAL VISION RESEARCH UNITEdward Buckley; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION: (Applicant's Abstract) The Duke University Eye Center, the Division of Biometry, and the Duke Clinical Research Institute propose to develop a Clinical Vision Research Unit which will provide national leadership in the design,..
- Statistical Methods for Neurological DataPaulo Guimaraes; Fiscal Year: 2006..He began his transition into Biostatistics with a one year post-doc in the Department of Biometry and Epidemiology at the Medical University of South Carolina where he joined the Statistical Center for an ..
- CAREER DEVELOPMENT IN HYPERTENSION IN THE ELDERLYArline Bohannon; Fiscal Year: 1999..The technical aspects of this expertise will be acquired through the Duke-Biometry Training Program, which will lead to a Masters degree in biometry...
- PLANNING GRANT FOR A MULTIPURPOSE CLINICAL RESEARCH CENTRichard Silver; Fiscal Year: 1999..investigators to work with other MUSC investigators to conduct health services research; and (3) a Department of Biometry and Epidemiology with a diverse faculty and outstanding new chair with extensive experience in facilitating ..
- Postdoctoral Training in Renal Diseases and HypertensionBRUCE KONE; Fiscal Year: 2006..biochemistry, transgenic technologies, electrophysiology, immunology, functional genomics, gene delivery, biometry, and epidemiology...
- BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH DATA MANAGEMENT SUPPORTWilliam Lake; Fiscal Year: 1991..to acquire statistical programming, data processing, and data management support for the research projects of the Biometry and Field Studies Branch (BFSB), Division of Intramural Research, NINDS...
- DIABETES IN EARLY PREGNANCY PROJECT--DATA ANALYSISMary Conley; Fiscal Year: 1991The purpose of this contract is to provide the Epidemiological Branch, Epidemiology and Biometry Research Program (EBRP), NICHD with the support services necessary to analyze data generated from the Diabetes in Early Pregnancy Project (..
- Statistical Methods in HIV Vaccine Efficacy TrialsPeter Gilbert; Fiscal Year: 2009..By improving the design and analysis of efficacy and NHP trials for addressing these areas, the project will benefit public health. ..
- Statistical Methods for the Analysis of Functional Genomic DataDebashis Ghosh; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] 5. Dissemination of these results in user-friendly statistical software. ..
- STATISTICAL METHODS FOR OPHTHALMOLOGIC AND CLUSTER DATABernard Rosner; Fiscal Year: 2008..qeocities.com/bernardrosner/channina.html). [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- OPTICAL AND NEURAL FACTORS IN NIGHT VISIONNANCY COLETTA; Fiscal Year: 2002..Differences in the sampling rate may responsible for the meridional variation in sensitivity. ..
- DYNAMIC GROWTH & CHANGE IN ADULT INTELLECTUAL ABILITIESJohn McArdle; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Combining Data from the NHIS and BRFSSMichael Elliott; Fiscal Year: 2004..This approach is particularly promising because, in contrast to other proposed techniques, it can be applied using existing publicly available data. ..
- Group Testing in the Presence of Error with Application to HIV/AIDSMichael Hudgens; Fiscal Year: 2007..While the methodology is motivated by detection of acute HIV, our results will be directly applicable to other infectious diseases. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MODELS AND INFERENTIAL TOOLS FOR HIV1 DYNAMICS IN VIVOHulin Wu; Fiscal Year: 2002..Thus, the proposed HIV-1 dynamic models in vivo and statistical inferential methodology will provide a powerful tool to understand the pathogenesis of HIV and to search for a cure for AIDS. ..