Genomes and Genes
Summary: The application of suitable drug dosage forms to the skin for either local or systemic effects.
Publications234 found, 100 shown here
- Transdermal drug deliveryMark R Prausnitz
School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 311 Ferst Dr, Atlanta, Georgia 30332 0100, USA
Nat Biotechnol 26:1261-8. 2008..Using these novel second- and third-generation enhancement strategies, transdermal delivery is poised to significantly increase its impact on medicine...
- Transdermal delivery of insulin using microneedles in vivoWijaya Martanto
School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia 30332, USA
Pharm Res 21:947-52. 2004..The purpose of this study was to design and fabricate arrays of solid microneedles and insert them into the skin of diabetic hairless rats for transdermal delivery of insulin to lower blood glucose level...
- Dermal and transdermal drug delivery systems: current and future prospectsMarc B Brown
Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Division, King s College London and MedPharm Ltd, London, United Kingdom
Drug Deliv 13:175-87. 2006..This article provides a detailed review of the next generation of active delivery technologies...
- Efficacy of pramipexole and transdermal rotigotine in advanced Parkinson's disease: a double-blind, double-dummy, randomised controlled trialWerner H Poewe
Department of Neurology, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Lancet Neurol 6:513-20. 2007....
- Rotigotine transdermal patch in early Parkinson's disease: a randomized, double-blind, controlled study versus placebo and ropiniroleNir Giladi
Movement Disorders Unit, Department of Neurology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Mov Disord 22:2398-404. 2007..Application-site reactions were predominantly mild or moderate in intensity. In conclusion, the rotigotine transdermal patch represents an effective and safe option for the treatment of patients with early Parkinson's disease...
- Caregiver preference for rivastigmine patches versus capsules for the treatment of Alzheimer diseaseRafael Blesa
Hospital de la Sta Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
Neurology 69:S23-8. 2007..Preference for the patch may indicate reduced caregiver stress, substantiated by greater satisfaction and less interference with daily life. These benefits may lead to improved compliance...
- Nanoparticles--an efficient carrier for drug delivery into the hair folliclesJuergen Lademann
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Department of Dermatology, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 66:159-64. 2007..Taking into consideration the surface structure of the hair follicles, it was assumed that the movement of the hairs may act as a pumping mechanism pushing the nanoparticles deep into the hair follicles...
- Penetration of metallic nanoparticles in human full-thickness skinBiancamaria Baroli
Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico Tecnologico, Facolta di Farmacia, Universita di Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
J Invest Dermatol 127:1701-12. 2007..These results represent a breakthrough in skin penetration because it is early evidence where rigid nanoparticles have been shown to passively reach the viable epidermis through the SC lipidic matrix...
- 40 nm, but not 750 or 1,500 nm, nanoparticles enter epidermal CD1a+ cells after transcutaneous application on human skinAnnika Vogt
Department of Dermatology and Allergy, Clinical Research Center for Hair and Skin Physiology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 126:1316-22. 2006..We conclude that 40 nm nanoparticles, but not 750 or 1,500 nm nanoparticles, may be efficiently used to transcutaneously deliver vaccine compounds via the hair follicle into cutaneous APCs...
- A six-month double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study of a transdermal patch in Alzheimer's disease--rivastigmine patch versus capsuleBengt Winblad
Karolinska Institutet Alzheimer Research Center, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 22:456-67. 2007..To compare the efficacy, safety and tolerability of a novel rivastigmine transdermal patch with conventional rivastigmine capsules and placebo in patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- Niosomes as carriers for tretinoin. III. A study into the in vitro cutaneous delivery of vesicle-incorporated tretinoinMaria Manconi
Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico Tecnologico, Universita degli Studi di Cagliari, Via Ospedale 72, 09124 Cagliari, Italy
Int J Pharm 311:11-9. 2006..Moreover, interactions between skin and vesicles seem to depend on physico-chemical properties of the main component of the vesicular bilayer...
- Structure-activity relationship of chemical penetration enhancers in transdermal drug deliveryN Kanikkannan
College of Pharmacy, Florida A and M University, Tallahassee, FL 32307, USA
Curr Med Chem 7:593-608. 2000..Our review also discusses the various factors to be considered in the selection of an appropriate penetration enhancer for the development of transdermal delivery systems...
- Benefit-risk assessment of transdermal fentanyl for the treatment of chronic painCraig A Kornick
Department of Neurology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Pain and Palliative Care Service, New York, New York, USA
Drug Saf 26:951-73. 2003..Patients may resume such activities once the absence of these potential adverse effects is documented...
- Cutting edge: priming of CTL by transcutaneous peptide immunization with imiquimodGerd Rechtsteiner
Institute for Immunology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Immunol 174:2476-80. 2005..Our results obtained by simple e.c. application of an ointment, without further skin irritating procedures, provide the basis for the development of new, easy to use vaccines against cancer or virus-associated diseases...
- Influence of microemulsions on cutaneous drug deliveryMads Kreilgaard
Department of Neurochemistry and Discovery ADME, H Lundbeck A S, Ottiliavej 9, DK 2500, Valby, Denmark
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 54:S77-98. 2002..However, a few studies have indicated that the internal structure of microemulsions should allow free diffusion of the drug to optimise cutaneous delivery from these vehicles...
- Vulvar lichen sclerosus : pathophysiology and treatmentYolanda R Smith
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Michigan Hospitals Health Systems, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0276, USA
Am J Clin Dermatol 5:105-25. 2004..In addition, problems specific to children with lichen sclerosus are reviewed...
- Transdermal fentanyl: an updated review of its pharmacological properties and therapeutic efficacy in chronic cancer pain controlR B Muijsers
Adis International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 61:2289-307. 2001..Adverse reactions related to skin and appendages (i.e. rash and application site reactions - erythema, papules, itching and oedema) were reported in 153 patients with cancer at a frequency between 1 and 3%...
- Transdermal influenza immunization with vaccine-coated microneedle arraysDimitrios G Koutsonanos
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and Emory Vaccine Center, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e4773. 2009....
- In vivo assessment of safety of microneedle arrays in human skinSuzanne M Bal
Department of Drug Delivery Technology, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Pharm Sci 35:193-202. 2008..This opens the opportunity for dermal and transdermal delivery of drugs and vaccines...
- Current developments using emerging transdermal technologies in physical enhancement methodsA Nanda
Faculty of Pharm Sci, M D University, Rohtak, Haryana 124001, India
Curr Drug Deliv 3:233-42. 2006..This review outlines recent commercial developments in physical transdermal drug delivery technology and the specific devices and applications being targeted by the pharmaceutical industry...
- Particle-based vaccines for transcutaneous vaccinationBehazine Combadiere
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U543, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie PARIS6, 91 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75634 Paris, France
Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis 31:293-315. 2008..In this review, we will focus on the use of micro- and nano-particles to target the skin antigen-presenting cells and will discuss recent advances in the field of transcutaneous vaccination in animal models and humans...
- [Percutaneous or intradermal BCG vaccine?]Lucia F Bricks
Dep de Pediatria da FMUSP, and Instituto da Criança do Hospital das Clínicas da Fac de Medicina da Univ da São Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP
J Pediatr (Rio J) 80:93-8. 2004..To compare the intradermal and percutaneous routes of BCG administration...
- The impact of the overactive bladder syndrome on sexual function: a preliminary report from the Multicenter Assessment of Transdermal Therapy in Overactive Bladder with Oxybutynin trialPeter K Sand
Evanston Continence Center, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:1730-5. 2006..The objective of the study was to determine the impact of overactive bladder on sexual function from a preliminary analysis of the Multicenter Assessment of Transdermal Therapy in Overactive Bladder with Oxybutynin study...
- Transdermal hormone therapy: gels and patchesG Samsioe
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lund University Hospital, 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Climacteric 7:347-56. 2004..Patch and gel formulations are equally as effective in treating climacteric symptoms and improving bone mineral density, and the effects are comparable to those achieved by oral HT...
- Pimecrolimus for the treatment of vulvar lichen sclerosus in a premenarchal girlAndrew T Goldstein
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 17:35-7. 2004..As lichen sclerosus is a T-lymphocyte mediated disorder, it has been suggested that pimecrolimus, a topical T-lymphocyte inhibitor, may be safe and effective for the treatment of lichen sclerosus in children...
- Comparison of transdermal administration of fentanyl versus intramuscular administration of butorphanol for analgesia after onychectomy in catsKelly L Gellasch
Department of Surgical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 220:1020-4. 2002..m. injection of butorphanol...
- Transdermal buprenorphine in the treatment of chronic painReinhard Sittl
University of Erlangen, Pain Clinic, Krankenhausstr, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Expert Rev Neurother 5:315-23. 2005..Most adverse events were either local reactions to the patch that generally subsided within 24 h or systemic events typical of treatment with opioid analgesics, such as nausea, vomiting and constipation...
- Sociodemographic predictors of success in smoking interventionE Monso
Servei de Pneumologia, Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Catalonia, Spain
Tob Control 10:165-9. 2001..To examine the role of sociodemographic factors as predictors of sustained smoking cessation for the population who volunteer to participate in intervention programmes...
- Frequency and thermal effects on the enhancement of transdermal transport by sonophoresisGustavo Merino
School of Pharmacy, University of Geneva, 30 quai E Ansermet, CH 1211 4, Geneva, Switzerland
J Control Release 88:85-94. 2003..Only 25% of this enhancement was attributable to the increased temperature induced by US. It follows that another mechanism, most probably cavitation, is principally responsible for the lowered skin barrier function observed...
- Effect of sonication parameters on transdermal delivery of insulin to hairless ratsAlain Boucaud
GIP Ultrasons, Faculty of Medicine, 2 bis Boulevard Tonnelle, BP 3223, 37032 Cedex, Tours, France
J Control Release 81:113-9. 2002..Sonophoresis may therefore potentially be applied for non-invasive and painless delivery of insulin in the treatment of insulin-dependent diabetes...
- New horizons--alternative routes for insulin therapyDavid R Owens
Diabetes Research Unit, Llandough Hospital, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, Wales CF64 2XX, UK
Nat Rev Drug Discov 1:529-40. 2002..Maximizing glucose control in diabetic patients requires several daily injections. In an effort to reduce this burden, alternative and less-intrusive routes for the administration of insulin are being explored...
- Theoretical description of transdermal transport of hydrophilic permeants: application to low-frequency sonophoresisH Tang
Department of Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Pharm Sci 90:545-68. 2001..The observed different roles of convection during LFS across HSS and FTS can be attributed to the different degrees of structural alteration that these two types of skin undergo during LFS...
- Iontophoretic drug deliveryYogeshvar N Kalia
School of Pharmacy, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 56:619-58. 2004..In the final section, we describe the development of the first pre-filled, pre-programmed iontophoretic device, which is scheduled to be commercialized during the course of 2004...
- Positive effects on cardiovascular and breast metabolic markers of oral estradiol and dydrogesterone in comparison with transdermal estradiol and norethisterone acetateCarlo Campagnoli
Unit of Endocrinological Gynaecology, Azienda Ospedaliera O I R M Sant Anna, c so Spezia, 60 10127 Torino, Italy
Maturitas 41:299-311. 2002....
- Immunization by vaccine-coated microneedle arrays protects against lethal influenza virus challengeQiyun Zhu
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and Emory Vaccine Center, Emory University School of Medicine, 1510 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:7968-73. 2009..These results show that MNs are highly effective as a simple method of vaccine delivery to elicit protective immune responses against virus infection...
- Microfabrication of individual 200 microm diameter transdermal microconduits using high voltage pulsing in salicylic acid and benzoic acidL Ilic
Harvard-MIT Health Science and Technology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Invest Dermatol 116:40-9. 2001..01 atm (about 10(2) Pa). This study provides a method for rapidly microengineering a pathway in the skin to interface future devices for transdermal drug delivery and sampling of biologically relevant fluids...
- Venous thromboembolism, myocardial infarction, and stroke among transdermal contraceptive system usersJ Alexander Cole
i3 Drug Safety, Auburndale, Massachusetts, USA
Obstet Gynecol 109:339-46. 2007....
- Quantitative assessment of the transport of elastic and rigid vesicle components and a model drug from these vesicle formulations into human skin in vivoP Loan Honeywell-Nguyen
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, University of Leiden, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Invest Dermatol 123:902-10. 2004..The elastic vesicles are superior to the rigid vesicles both in terms of vesicular transport into the SC and in terms of therapeutic potential as a skin delivery vehicle...
- Effect of delivery parameters on immunization to ovalbumin following intracutaneous administration by a coated microneedle array patch systemGeorg Widera
ALZA Corporation, Physiological Systems, 1900 Charleston Road, Mountain View, CA 94039 7210, USA
Vaccine 24:1653-64. 2006..Overall, the microneedle array proves to be a very versatile delivery technology, allowing easy and reproducible antigen delivery to skin for efficient vaccination without the use of a needle and syringe...
- Transdermal fentanyl versus sustained release oral morphine in strong-opioid naïve patients with chronic low back painLaurie Allan
Northwick Park and St Marks NHS Trust, Harrow, Middlesex, UK
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 30:2484-90. 2005..Open, randomized, parallel group multicenter study...
- Safety, tolerability, and efficacy of continuous transdermal dopaminergic stimulation with rotigotine patch in early-stage idiopathic Parkinson diseaseWerner M Güldenpfennig
Little Company of Mary Medical Centre, Pretoria, South Africa
Clin Neuropharmacol 28:106-10. 2005..These data suggest that rotigotine is a safe, well-tolerated, and effective treatment for early-stage Parkinson disease...
- Effect of lipid bilayer alteration on transdermal delivery of a high-molecular-weight and lipophilic drug: studies with paclitaxelRamesh Panchagnula
Department of Pharmaceutics, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research NIPER, Sector 67, Phase X, Mohali 160062, Punjab, India
J Pharm Sci 93:2177-83. 2004....
- Transdermal delivery of tea catechins and theophylline enhanced by terpenes: a mechanistic studyJia You Fang
Pharmaceutics Laboratory, Graduate Institute of Natural Products, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Biol Pharm Bull 30:343-9. 2007..The high enhancement by alpha-terpineol was due to macroscopic perturbation of the SC and the biological reaction in viable skin as evaluated by TEWL and colorimetry...
- Low-frequency ultrasound as a transcutaneous immunization adjuvantAhmet Tezel
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA 93106, USA
Vaccine 23:3800-7. 2005..These studies demonstrate generation of a potent systemic immune response through TCI without using toxin adjuvants or skin abrasion. Ultrasonic TCI offers a needle-free and painless mode of immunization...
- Skin penetration and distribution of polymeric nanoparticlesR Alvarez-Román
Centre interuniversitaire de recherche et d enseignement, Universities of Geneva and Lyon, Archamps, France
J Control Release 99:53-62. 2004..However, cross-sectional images revealed that these non-follicular structures did not offer an alternative penetration pathway for the polymer vectors, whose transport was clearly impeded by the stratum corneum...
- Formulation development of transdermal dosage forms: quantitative structure-activity relationship model for predicting activities of terpenes that enhance drug penetration through human skinL Kang
Department of Pharmacy, National University of Singapore, Republic of Singapore
J Control Release 120:211-9. 2007..Possible mechanisms revealed by the QSAR model were discussed...
- Effectiveness and tolerability of the buprenorphine transdermal system in patients with moderate to severe chronic pain: a multicenter, open-label, uncontrolled, prospective, observational clinical studyClemente Muriel
Pain Unit and Anaesthesiolog Department, Hospital Clinico de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Clin Ther 27:451-62. 2005..8, 1.2, and 1.6 mg, respectively. Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, Phase III clinical trials in >400 patients with severe pain of malignant or nonmalignant origin have shown the analgesic efficacy of buprenorphine TDS...
- Transdermal buprenorphine in the treatment of chronic pain: results of a phase III, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyJürgen Sorge
Department of Anesthesiology, Surgical Intensive Care and Pain Therapy, Peine District Hospital, Virchowstrasse 8h, 31221 Peine, Germany
Clin Ther 26:1808-20. 2004..In 2001, the buprenorphine transdermal delivery system (TES) was introduced at 3 release rates (35, 52.5, and 70 microg/h) for the treatment of chronic cancer and noncancer pain...
- Benefits of transdermal fentanyl in patients with rheumatoid arthritis or with osteoarthritis of the knee or hip: an open-label study to assess pain controlKarel Pavelka
Institute of Rheumatology, Prague, Czech Republic
Curr Med Res Opin 20:1967-77. 2004....
- Decision-making at the surface of the intact or barrier disrupted skin: potential applications for vaccination or therapyC D Partidos
UPR 9021 CNRS, Institut de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, 15 rue Rene Descartes, 67084 Strasbourg, France
Cell Mol Life Sci 62:1418-24. 2005....
- Transdermal delivery of mixnoxidil with block copolymer nanoparticlesJongwon Shim
Nanotechnology Research Laboratory, Skin Research Institute, R and D Center, AMOREPACIFIC Corp, 314 1 Bora ri, Giheug eup, Yeongin si, Gyeonggi Do, Seoul 449 729, South Korea
J Control Release 97:477-84. 2004..Confocal microscopy coupled with in vivo and in vitro skin permeation results demonstrated that nanoparticles containing solutes penetrated mainly via shunt routes like hair follicles, resulting in skin absorption of solutes...
- Assembled microneedle arrays enhance the transport of compounds varying over a large range of molecular weight across human dermatomed skinF J Verbaan
Department of Drug Delivery Technology, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, 2300 RA, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Control Release 117:238-45. 2007..However, some degradation was also observed for FITC-Dex and DCB. We conclude that assembled microneedle arrays can be used to deliver compounds through the skin up to a molecular weight of at least 72 kDa...
- Long-term management of chronic pain with transdermal buprenorphine: a multicenter, open-label, follow-up study in patients from three short-term clinical trialsRudolf Likar
Pain Clinic, General Hospital Klagenfurt, Klagenfurt, Austria, and Pain Clinic, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Germany
Clin Ther 28:943-52. 2006..Long-term data are essential to determining the performance of an analgesic in the management of chronic pain...
- Novel mechanisms and devices to enable successful transdermal drug deliveryB W Barry
Drug Delivery Group, School of Pharmacy, University of Bradford, Bradford BD7 1DP, UK
Eur J Pharm Sci 14:101-14. 2001..Of particular interest is the synergy between chemical enhancers, ultrasound, iontophoresis and electroporation...
- Patterns of dosage changes with transdermal buprenorphine and transdermal fentanyl for the treatment of noncancer and cancer pain: a retrospective data analysis in GermanyReinhard Sittl
Pain Clinic, University of Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
Clin Ther 28:1144-54. 2006..However, no information concerning the relationship between qualitative and quantitative dose changes is available...
- Clinical pharmacokinetics of transdermal opioids: focus on transdermal fentanylS Grond
Department of Anaesthesiology, University of Cologne, Germany
Clin Pharmacokinet 38:59-89. 2000..This would be beneficial for acute and/or breakthrough pain, and initial clinical trials are in progress...
- Buprenorphine in long-term control of chronic pain in cancer patientsMaria Caterina Pace
Department of Anesthesiology, Surgical and Emergency Sciences, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Front Biosci 12:1291-9. 2007..01), mental health (P = 0.03) and vitality (P = 0.001). These data indicated that the BT group showed an improvement of pain and a positive effect on the quality life...
- Further results on the risk of nonfatal venous thromboembolism in users of the contraceptive transdermal patch compared to users of oral contraceptives containing norgestimate and 35 microg of ethinyl estradiolSusan Jick
Boston Collaborative Drug Surveillance Program, Boston University School of Medicine, Lexington, MA 02421, USA
Contraception 76:4-7. 2007....
- Low-frequency sonophoresis: a reviewSamir Mitragotri
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA 93106, USA
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 56:589-601. 2004..Mechanistic insights gained through a number of investigations are also reviewed. Finally, reports on the synergistic effect of low-frequency ultrasound with other enhancers including chemicals and iontophoresis are summarized...
- Current status and future potential of transdermal drug deliveryMark R Prausnitz
School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia 30332, USA
Nat Rev Drug Discov 3:115-24. 2004....
- The impact of improved compliance with a weekly contraceptive transdermal system (Ortho Evra) on contraceptive efficacyDavid F Archer
Contraceptive Research and Development Program, Clinical Research Center, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA, USA
Contraception 69:189-95. 2004..Method compliance determines the proportion of perfect and imperfect dosing cycles, and together can form the basis for evaluating differences in efficacy based on differences in compliance...
- Rivastigmine exposure provided by a transdermal patch versus capsulesFrancois Mercier
Novartis Pharma AG, Basel, Switzerland
Curr Med Res Opin 23:3199-204. 2007..The objective of this study was to evaluate the pharmacokinetics of rivastigmine following transdermal delivery by a patch versus oral delivery with conventional capsules in a population of AD patients...
- Microneedle arrays for the transcutaneous immunization of diphtheria and influenza in BALB/c miceZ Ding
Department of Drug Delivery Technology, Leiden Amsterdam Centre for Drug Research, 2333 CC, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Control Release 136:71-8. 2009..These results indicate that TCI of DT and CT with microneedle treatment results in comparable protection as injection of DT-alum, and TCI of influenza vaccine adjuvanted with CT is superior to the injection of plain vaccine...
- A study to look at hormonal absorption of progesterone cream used in conjunction with transdermal estrogenArvind Vashisht
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK
Gynecol Endocrinol 21:101-5. 2005..There was no evidence of accumulation of progesterone with time, and further study is needed to assess the efficacy and safety of this combination of hormones...
- Risk of nonfatal venous thromboembolism in women using a contraceptive transdermal patch and oral contraceptives containing norgestimate and 35 microg of ethinyl estradiolSusan S Jick
Boston Collaborative Drug Surveillance Program, Boston University School of Medicine, Lexington, MA 02421, USA
Contraception 73:223-8. 2006..There is concern that a new transdermal contraceptive patch containing ethinyl estradiol (EE) and the progestin norelgestromin increases the risk for venous thromboembolism (VTE) compared to previously marketed oral contraceptives (OCs)...
- Preference for and satisfaction of Canadian women with the transdermal contraceptive patch versus previous contraceptive method: an open-label, multicentre studyFay Weisberg
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Toronto, Toronto ON
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 27:350-9. 2005..To document Canadian women's experience with the transdermal contraceptive patch, a method delivering 150 microg norelgestromin and 20 microg ethinyl estradiol daily...
- Transcutaneous anti-influenza vaccination promotes both CD4 and CD8 T cell immune responses in humansAnnika Vogt
Clinical Research Center for Hair and Skin Physiology, Department of Dermatology and Allergy, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, Berlin, Germany
J Immunol 180:1482-9. 2008..This study proposes new perspectives for the development of vaccination strategies that trigger T cell immune responses in humans...
- Contraceptive efficacy, compliance and beyond: factors related to satisfaction with once-weekly transdermal compared with oral contraceptionWolfgang Urdl
Department for Obstetrics and Gynecology, Unit of Gynecological Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine, University of Graz, Austria
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 121:202-10. 2005..One thousand four hundred and eighty-nine women received a contraceptive patch (n = 846) or an OC (n = 643) for 6 or 13 cycles...
- Pharmacokinetics of a rivastigmine transdermal patch formulation in healthy volunteers: relative effects of body site applicationGilbert Lefèvre
Novartis Pharma AG, Exploratory Development, WSJ 210 4 25, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
J Clin Pharmacol 47:471-8. 2007..02). Pharmacokinetic profiles and adhesiveness of the upper back, chest, and upper arm, coupled with low rates of erythema at these sites, suggest their suitability for clinical use...
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the novel daily rivastigmine transdermal patch compared with twice-daily capsules in Alzheimer's disease patientsG Lefevre
Novartis Pharma AG, Basel, Switzerland
Clin Pharmacol Ther 83:106-14. 2008..Average exposure with the 10 cm2 patch was comparable to the highest capsule dose (6 mg Q12H, i.e., 12 mg/day)...
- Opioid rotation from high-dose morphine to transdermal buprenorphine (Transtec) in chronic pain patientsEnno Freye
Heinrich Heine University Clinics, Moorenstrasse, Dusseldorf, Germany
Pain Pract 7:123-9. 2007..Neither tolerance nor refractory effect following rotation from morphine to buprenorphine was noted. Conversion tables with a fixed conversion ratio are of limited value in patients treated with high-dose morphine...
- Low-dose estrogen therapy for prevention of osteoporosis: working our way back to monotherapySusan Richman
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Menopause 13:148-55. 2006..Additional studies are warranted to shed further light on the possible benefits of low-dose estrogen monotherapy for the prevention of bone loss in postmenopausal women...
- Transdermal buprenorphine in cancer pain and palliative careReinhard Sittl
Department of Anaesthesiology, Pain Therapy, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Krankenhausstr 12, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Palliat Med 20:s25-30. 2006....
- Safety and immunogenicity of an enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli vaccine patch containing heat-labile toxin: use of skin pretreatment to disrupt the stratum corneumGregory M Glenn
IOMAI Corporation, 20 Firstfield Road, Gaithersburg, MD 20878, USA
Infect Immun 75:2163-70. 2007....
- Transdermal hormonal contraception: benefits and risksRonald T Burkman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA 01199, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 197:134.e1-6. 2007..Despite this, the contraceptive patch may be an appropriate option for some patients...
- Transdermal delivery system of triamcinolone acetonide from a gel using phonophoresisJae Heon Yang
Department of Pharmacy, Woosuk University, Samrye 565 701, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 29:412-7. 2006..0, 3.0 MHz), intensity (1.0, 2.5 W/cm2), and duty cycle (continuous, pulse mode) using a 0.5% TA gel. The highest permeation was observed under the ultrasound treatment conditions of low frequency, high intensity, and in continuous mode...
- Induction of cytotoxic T-lymphocytes by electroporation-enhanced needle-free skin immunizationY L Zhao
Cancer Biology Department, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Vaccine 24:1282-90. 2006....
- Effects of intermittent hemodialysis on buprenorphine and norbuprenorphine plasma concentrations in chronic pain patients treated with transdermal buprenorphineJörg Filitz
Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospital Erlangen, Krankenhausstrasse 12, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Eur J Pain 10:743-8. 2006..Furthermore, hemodialysis did not affect buprenorphine plasma levels, leading to stable analgesic effects during the therapy...
- Design of two liquid Ibuprofen-poloxamer-limonene or menthol preparations for dermal administrationN Gonzalez
Departamento de Farmacia, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Ciudad de Mexico, Mexico
Drug Deliv 14:287-93. 2007..05). Results postulate that a liquid 30% poloxamer-based preparation of ibuprofen with d-limonene is possible and that it may be useful as a topical preparation of ibuprofen...
- Mass vaccination: solutions in the skinG M Glenn
IOMAI Corporation, Gaithersburg, MD 20878, USA
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 304:247-68. 2006..The combination of the skin immune system, safe use of potent adjuvants and ease of delivery suggests that skin delivery of vaccines can address multiple unmet needs for mass vaccination scenarios...
- Does the clinical use of ethanol-based hand sanitizer elevate blood alcohol levels? A prospective studyMichael A Miller
Department of Emergency Medicine, C R Darnall Army Medical Center, Hood, TX 76544, USA
Am J Emerg Med 24:815-7. 2006..To investigate the effect of frequent use of EBHS upon serum blood ethanol concentrations, we prospectively studied 5 volunteers undergoing frequent application of EBHS...
- Effect of DC/mDC iontophoresis and terpenes on transdermal permeation of methotrexate: in vitro studyR Prasad
Centre for Biomedical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110016, India
Int J Pharm 333:70-8. 2007..Histopathological studies on treated skin samples, gave an insight about the anatomical changes brought by the application of various enhancers. Binary mixture of menthol and ethanol in combination with square wave gave best results...
- The mode of promoting activity of O-ethylmenthol as a transdermal absorption enhancerYasuko Obata
Department of Pharmaceutics, Hoshi University, Ebara 2 4 41, Shinagawa, Tokyo 142 8501, Japan
Pharm Res 23:392-400. 2006..The mode of action of O-ethylmenthol (MET), a promising compound to enhance transdermal drug delivery, was elucidated. Morphology of the skin treated with MET was investigated employing a laser scanning confocal microscopy...
- Needle-free skin patch delivery of a vaccine for a potentially pandemic influenza virus provides protection against lethal challenge in miceSanjay Garg
Influenza Division, Mail Stop G 16, CCID, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Rd, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 14:926-8. 2007....
- Limonene GP1/PG organogel as a vehicle in transdermal delivery of haloperidolPerry Fung Chye Lim
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Science, National University of Singapore, 18, Science Drive 4, Singapore 117543, Singapore
Int J Pharm 311:157-64. 2006..The rheology of the gel matrix influenced drug release rate in a manner described by several experimentally-derived correlations...
- Coated microneedles for transdermal deliveryHarvinder S Gill
Wallace H Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology and Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30332 0100, USA
J Control Release 117:227-37. 2007..In conclusion, this study presents a simple, versatile, and controllable method to coat microneedles with proteins, DNA, viruses and microparticles for rapid delivery into the skin...
- Transcutaneous immunization with inactivated influenza virus induces protective immune responsesIoanna Skountzou
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and Emory Vaccine Center, Emory University School of Medicine, 1510 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30322, United States
Vaccine 24:6110-9. 2006..These results reveal a promising perspective for the application of transcutaneous immunization to prevent influenza epidemics as well as a range of other infectious diseases...
- The effect of terpene concentrations on the skin penetration of diclofenac sodiumA Nokhodchi
Medway School of Pharmacy, Central Ave, University of Kent and Greenwich, Chatham, Kent ME4 4TB, England, United Kingdom
Int J Pharm 335:97-105. 2007..The most outstanding penetration enhancer was nerolidol, providing an almost 198-fold increase in permeability coefficient of diclofenac sodium, followed by farnesol with a 78-fold increase...
- Bleeding profiles and effects on the endometrium for women using a novel combination of transdermal oestradiol and natural progesterone cream as part of a continuous combined hormone replacement regimeArvind Vashisht
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK
BJOG 112:1402-6. 2005..Many women are seeking alternatives to conventional forms of hormone replacement. This study evaluates the endometrial effects of natural progesterone cream used in conjunction with transdermal oestradiol...
- Transdermal oxybutynin in the treatment of adults with overactive bladder: combined results of two randomized clinical trialsRoger R Dmochowski
Department of Urologic Surgery, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37235, USA
World J Urol 23:263-70. 2005..1% (3.3% discontinuation rate). Transdermal oxybutynin was shown to be efficacious, with a proven safety profile. It may be utilized for patients with overactive bladder as a treatment option that could enhance compliance...
- Coating formulations for microneedlesHarvinder S Gill
Wallace H Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering at Georgia Tech and Emory University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332 0535, USA
Pharm Res 24:1369-80. 2007....
- Effects of ultralow-dose transdermal estradiol on bone mineral density: a randomized clinical trialBruce Ettinger
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program, Oakland, California, USA
Obstet Gynecol 104:443-51. 2004....
- Effect of the ethinylestradiol/norelgestromin contraceptive patch on body composition. Results of bioelectrical impedance analysis in a population of Italian womenAntonio Piccoli
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padova, Italy
Nutr J 7:21. 2008....
- Fluorescein permeability and electrical resistance of human skin during low frequency ultrasound applicationLimary M Cancel
Biomolecular Transport Dynamics Laboratory, Department of Chemical Engineering, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Pharm Pharmacol 56:1109-18. 2004..In addition, a quantitative analysis of the thermal and convective dispersion effects associated with ultrasound application showed that each contributes significantly to the overall permeability enhancement observed...
- Overnight switch from oral dopaminergic agonists to transdermal rotigotine patch in subjects with Parkinson diseasePeter A LeWitt
Department of Neurology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, and Henry Ford Hospital Franklin Pointe Medical Center, 26400 West 12 Mile Road, Southfield, MI 48034, USA
Clin Neuropharmacol 30:256-65. 2007....
- Pretreatment with transdermal nicotine enhances some of ethanol's acute effects in menElena M Kouri
Behavioral Psychopharmacology Research Laboratory, McLean Hospital Harvard Medical School, 115 Mill Street, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 75:55-65. 2004..These findings suggest that nicotine enhances some of the positive subjective effects of acute ethanol and may help explain the high prevalence of the combined use of these two drugs...
- Transcutaneous immunization with heat-labile enterotoxin: development of a needle-free vaccine patchGregory M Glenn
IOMAI Corporation, 20 Firstfield Road, Suite 250, Gaithersburg, MD 20878, USA
Expert Rev Vaccines 6:809-19. 2007..In this review, we integrate these concepts, update the clinical data and look to the future...
- Clinical, biometric and structural evaluation of the long-term effects of a topical treatment with ascorbic acid and madecassoside in photoaged human skinMarek Haftek
Universite Lyon 1, EA4169 Laboratory for Dermatological Research, Edouard Herriot Hospital, Lyon, France
Exp Dermatol 17:946-52. 2008..Two-thirds of the subjects showed an improvement. The re-appearance of a normally structured elastic fibre network was observed. Our results revealed a functional and structural remodelling of chronically sun-damaged skin...
- Persistent retention of acetic acid is associated with complete tumour necrosis in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma undergoing percutaneous acetic acid injectionT I Huo
Division of Gastroenterology, Dept of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Scand J Gastroenterol 39:168-73. 2004..This study aimed to determine the occurrence and predictive value of persistent intra-tumoral retention of acetic acid after PAIT...
- Controlled, single-step, stratum corneum disruption as a pretreatment for immunization via a patchDavid M Frerichs
IOMAI Corporation, 20 Firstfield Road, Suite 250, Gaithersburg, MD 20878, USA
Vaccine 26:2782-7. 2008..The development of a simple, single-use, disposable device that is well-tolerated and allows disruption to be modulated represents an important step forward in physical penetration enhancement for the skin...
- Transcutaneous immunization with cross-reacting material CRM(197) of diphtheria toxin boosts functional antibody levels in mice primed parenterally with adsorbed diphtheria toxoid vaccinePaul Stickings
Division of Bacteriology, National Institute for Biological Standards and Control, Blanche Lane, South Mimms, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire EN6 3QG, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 76:1766-73. 2008..These findings highlight the promising prospect of using booster administrations of CRM(197) via the transcutaneous route to establish good herd immunity against diphtheria...
- Therapeutic vaccination against genital HPV infectionYung Nien Chang; Fiscal Year: 2013..TA-HPV is vaccinia virus engineered to express the E6 and E7 genes from HPV16 and HPV18. Cutaneous administration of TA-HPV to nearly a hundred patients with HPV16+ cervical cancer and anogenital neoplasias failed to ..
- Mucosal Immune-enhancing Delivery System for HIV vaccinesMICHAEL SEJR VAJDY; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project pertains to designing a novel, safe and effective Mucosal Immune-enhancing Delivery System for HIV vaccine development that can protect the public against new infections with the HIV virus. ..
- Comparative In Vivo Biodistribution of Characterized Manufactured NanomaterialsNancy A Monteiro Riviere; Fiscal Year: 2010..These coordinated studies will provide data to link physical chemical characterizations to in vivo MNM disposition. ..
- Novel therapeutics for learning and memory disordersJoseph Moskal; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will also compare the bioavailability of GLYX-13 by intravenous, oral, and sub-cutaneous administration. Additionally, we will evaluate availability to the CNS via monitoring GLYX-13 effects on basal and ..
- Non-viral Cutaneous Gene DeliveryMohammed Kashani Sabet; Fiscal Year: 2005..this need by focusing on increasing both the level and the duration of expression of genes delivered by cutaneous administration of plasmid DNA, using recent advances in gene transfer techniques...
- A NEW METHOD FOR TREATING SLEEP DISORDERSLarry Nichols; Fiscal Year: 2000..This method utilizes a new transdermal formulation discovered by Biotek that delivers melatonin through the skin much faster than previously investigated media, a delivery both non-oral and non-invasive. ..
- TOPICAL APPLICATION OF STATINS FOR OSTEOPOROSISI Garrett; Fiscal Year: 2000..Our data suggests this route of delivery may lead to enhanced pharmacologic effects of the statin on bone. ..
- VACCINATION BY TOPICAL APPLICATION OF CONDENSED DNAMark Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2000..Specific immunity to DNA-encoded antigens has been observed, although the immune response following cutaneous administration has been less robust than either IM vaccination protocols or recombinant protein vaccines...
- A Transdermal Hypolipidemic Niacin ProdrugHyuntae Kim; Fiscal Year: 2002..We also will compare the effects of oral and transdermal administration of their ability to favorably alter lipid profiles in a double transgenic mouse model that contains lipoprotein profiles similar to the human. ..
- Neurocognition, Nicotine and Polysubstance AbuseSara Nixon; Fiscal Year: 2006..To facilitate this secondary aim, we have instituted plans to over-sample American Indians (Al), African American (AA) and female participants. ..
- SEX DIFFERENCES IN NICOTINE REINFORCEMENT: HUMAN/ANIMALKenneth Perkins; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Affect, Context, and Placebo Responses to NicotineKenneth Perkins; Fiscal Year: 2005..Secondary analyses may identify important individual characteristics associated with placebo responses, aiding in the prediction of which smokers ultimately are likely to benefit most from manipulation of placebo effects. ..
- INDIVIDUAL VARIATION IN NICOTINE SENSITIVITY IN HUMANSKenneth Perkins; Fiscal Year: 2003..e., in nicotine-naive individuals). Results will provide directions for future research on vulnerability to tobacco dependence and for targeted efforts to prevent smoking onset. ..
- DISCRIMINATIVE STIMULUS EFFECTS OF NICOTINEKenneth Perkins; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Tobacco Smoking, Nicotine and Negative Affect ReliefKenneth Perkins; Fiscal Year: 2009..In sum, this research will help address the fundamental question of why cigarette smoking is reinforcing. ..
- Pharmacogenetic Investigation of NaltrexoneCaryn Lerman; Fiscal Year: 2007..The long-term objective of this research is to discover and develop new pharmacogenetic treatment models that can be readily translated to the clinical setting to individualize pharmacotherapy and maximize effectiveness. ..
- Interventions for Tobacco Dependent AdolescentsDorothy Hatsukami; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Formulated Patch for Topical Influenza VaccineGregory Glenn; Fiscal Year: 2004..Needle-free may also aid in the extension of use of a flu patch into the pediatric population where influenza immunization is now recommended by the ACIP and will be a subsequent goal of this development program. ..
- Innovative Interventions for Smoking CessationDorothy K Hatsukami; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of this study will provide useful information on directions to pursue to improve our pharmacotherapies and behavioral treatments and to better understand the various aspects of addiction. ..
- SCALING THE REINFORCING VALUE OF CIGARETTE SMOKEJed Rose; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results will lead to a better understanding of the role of pharmacologic and sensory/behavioral cues in nicotine addiction and smoking cessation. ..
- Transcutaneous Immunization for an Anthrax VaccineGregory Glenn; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- BIOBEHAVIORAL LUNG CANCER PREVENTION PROGRAMCaryn Lerman; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-term objective is to provide information necessary to match smoking cessation treatments to individuals, based on their genetic predispositions. ..
- TREATMENT OF SMOKELESS TOBACCO USERSDorothy Hatsukami; Fiscal Year: 2008..PERFORMANCE SITE ========================================Section End=========================================== ..
- Smoking Cessation for Head and Neck Cancer PatientsRobert Schnoll; Fiscal Year: 2006..In turn, our findings may help guide the implementation of smoking cessation treatments for all cancer patients within Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the US. ..
- TRANSCUTANEOUS IMMUNIZATION FOR TETANUS BOOSTERGregory Glenn; Fiscal Year: 2003..Additionally, the Transcutaneous booster will decrease the risk of needle-sticks and related disease, and reduce personnel and equipment requirements related to tetanus immunization. ..
- TOBACCO EXPOSURE REDUCTIONDorothy Hatsukami; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of research from this TTURC will provide the scientific basis for urgent policy, public education, and regulatory efforts to reduce tobacco harm. ..
- Mechanisms Linking Hostility and SmokingChristopher Kahler; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Electroporation and transcutaneous extraction of drugsSATHYANARAYANA MURTHY; Fiscal Year: 2006..Further we also plan to correlate the time course of unbound ciprofloxacin in dermal ECF with that in synovial fluid determined by microdialysis in rat. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Validating Novel Familial Phenotypes of Drug AbuseStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2007..State of the art statistical techniques will be employed. ..
- International Multi-Center ADHD Genetics ProjectStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Juvenile Bipolar Disorder and Substance AbuseTimothy E Wilens; Fiscal Year: 2010..Since BPD is identifiable and treatable, findings from the four-year follow-up will provide valuable information to formulate prevention and early intervention strategies. ..
- Searching for ADHD Susceptibility GenesStephen V Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2010..That, in turn, should facilitate the search for newer, more effective treatments for the disorder. ..
- Evaluating Nicotine Lozenges for Treatment of Smokeless Tobacco AddictionJon Ebbert; Fiscal Year: 2009..No drug therapies have been shown to be effective for helping smokeless tobacco users quit for good. The purpose of this study is to test drugs that can be used to help smokeless tobacco users quit for good. ..
- 2/5-The Psychiatric GWAS Consortium: Integrated & Coordinated GWAS Meta-AnalysesStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, the PGC proposes to abide as fully as possible with the NIH's GWAS data sharing policies and we provide a detailed data sharing plan and timetable. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neuroimaging Attentional Impairment During AbstinenceFrancis McClernon; Fiscal Year: 2008..Dr. McClernon will continue to administer current awards and compete for additional extramural funding while he completes the goals of the application. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Analysis of an ADHD Whole Genome Association ScanStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2007..All genotype data generated by the GAIN whole genome association scan will be made available to the scientific community by GAIN as soon as the genotypes are completed. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Psychobiological /Genetic Determinants-Smoking CessationSean David; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- AN ECOGENETIC STUDY OF ADHDStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2003..Furthermore, no studies have used an ecogenetic approach to sharpen the accuracy of risk prediction. ..
- Primary Care Genetics Cancer Prevention ConferenceSean David; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- PEDIATRIC BIPOLAR COLLABORATIVE MOOD STABILZER TRAILRobert Findling; Fiscal Year: 2003..Lastly, this trial will provide descriptive information on the stability of acute phase response to monotherapy over a 16 week continuation phase. ..
- High Dose Nicotine Patch Therapy for Spit Tobacco UsersJon Ebbert; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our goal is to reduce the prevalence of ST use and decrease the incidence of oropharyngeal cancer through the development of effective treatment options for ST users. ..
- Drug Cue Reactivity in Smokers: An fMRI InvestigationFrancis McClernon; Fiscal Year: 2002..The results of this study will enhance our understanding of the neurobiological basis of tobacco dependence, inform treatment development, and generate additional hypotheses and research plans. ..
- TESTING THE VALIDITY OF ADULT ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDERStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2002..Thus, if founded, we expect that the proposed work will lead to a program of research that can both clarify the nosological complexities of adult ADHD and clarify the nature of genes that are risk factors for the disorder. ..
- LC-MS/MS Methods for Analysis of Hemoglogbin AdductsTimothy Fennell; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Improving Smoking Cessation Outcomes in Heavy DrinkersChristopher Kahler; Fiscal Year: 2006..Developing effective interventions that address alcohol use during smoking cessation treatment can make a major public health impact on this large, yet neglected, subgroup of smokers. ..
- MIDCAREER INVESTIGATOR AWARD IN NEURO-AIDS RESEARCHDavid Simpson; Fiscal Year: 2005..The Neuro-Adherence Program will assess the affect of neurological disease on patients' adherence to medical regimens, and the impact of education and support groups on adherence. ..
- Brief Dental Office Intervention with Tobacco QuitlineJon Ebbert; Fiscal Year: 2005..S. adult population smoking; and 3) 75% of smokers quitting for at least one day or longer because they are trying to quit. ..
- Substance Abuse in ADHD GirlsTimothy Wilens; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, the research, approach, and goals of this R01 application are consistent with those underscored in the PA and by the Institute of Medicine as being of the highest research priority. ..
- LONG TERM DRUG ABUSE IN ADHDTimothy Wilens; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Androgen deficiency and Osteopenia in Anorexia NervosaKaren Miller; Fiscal Year: 2002..In the third phase of the study, we will examine the effects of administering testosterone on bone density and body mass. ..
- ESTROGEN COMPOUNDS, COGNITION & DEMENTIA IN OLDER WOMENKristine Yaffe; Fiscal Year: 2002..This award will foster the applicant's development towards becoming an independent investigator in aging research. ..
- Ethnic Health/Motivating HIV+ Latinos to Quit SmokingCassandra Stanton; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- AEROSOL BASED NANOPARTICAL DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEM--TBLawrence Ng; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is expected this multidisciplinary approach will provide significant advances in the treatment of TB and other airway diseases in which sustained drug release or targeting AMs would be advantageous. ..
- IMMUNODERMATOLOGICAL THERAPY OF SKIN CANCERCraig Elmets; Fiscal Year: 2003..The ultimate goal of this proposal is to generate new knowledge that can be used to develop new and better strategies for the control of non-melanoma and melanoma skin cancer. ..
- MICROFABRICATED MICRONEEDLES FOR DRUG DELIVERYMARK PRAUSNITZ; Fiscal Year: 2001..g., proteins, DNA) over hours to days. ..
- MECHANISMS OF CUTANEOUS ACTIVE VASODILATIONDean Kellogg; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, intradermal microdialysis will be combined with measurements of bioavailable NO by NO-selective amperometric electrode to define further how the NO system functions in cutaneous active vasodilation. ..
- RESPONSE VARIABILITY IN STIMULANT TREATMENT OF ADHDJames McGough; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition to funding the candidate's transition to independent research the proposed study would also contribute to our knowledge of the basis of individual response to medication in psychiatric disorders. ..
- Pharmacologically Enhanced Fracture Repair by StatinsGloria Gutierrez; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Novel Active Repressor Model of Human LDL-Receptor RegulationJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2008..This would represent a new treatment approach for patients with atherosclerotic disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ENSEMBLE MODEL OF STRESS ACTH-ADRENAL AXISJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Mechanisms of Ultrasound-Mediated BioeffectsMARK PRAUSNITZ; Fiscal Year: 2006..During the final year, mechanistic findings will be used to design and test ultrasound protocols that optimize molecular uptake and cell viability. ..
- Health Promotion Intervention:Sedentary Care PatientsKerry Kuehl; Fiscal Year: 2008..Outcomes will be assessed using repeated measures design. Relationships among mediators, the intervention, and the outcome measures will be identified. ..
- RUPP-PIOscar Bukstein; Fiscal Year: 2006..The expertise and experience at this RUPP-PI site also will be directed to train new investigators. In creating TASA, a collaborative group of 8 applicants forged the ability to work together. ..
- Elucidating the Neurobiology of Postpartum DepressionEydie Moses Kolko; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..