Genomes and Genes
Summary: Administration of a soluble dosage form by placement under the tongue.
Publications205 found, 100 shown here
- Efficacy of sublingual specific immunotherapy in Cupressaceae allergy using an extract of Cupressus arizonica. A double blind studyR Ariano
Modulo di Allergologia ed Immunologia Clinica, A.S.L. Imperiese-Ospedale S. Charles di Bordighera, Italy
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 29:238-44. 2001..SLIT with Cupressus arizonica appeared to be effective and safe in the treatment of Cupressaceae pollen respiratory allergy...
- Monoid sublingual immunotherapyA G Palma-Carlos
Clinical Allergy Immunology Center, CAIC, Lisbon, Portugal
Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol 38:87-9. 2006..Monomeric allergoids are an efficace and safe immunotherapy in allergic rhinitis...
- Treatment of post-partum haemorrhage with sublingual misoprostol versus oxytocin in women not exposed to oxytocin during labour: a double-blind, randomised, non-inferiority trialBeverly Winikoff
Gynuity Health Projects, New York, NY, USA
Lancet 375:210-6. 2010..This trial established whether sublingual misoprostol was similarly efficacious to intravenous oxytocin for treatment of post-partum haemorrhage in women not exposed to oxytocin during labour...
- Treatment of post-partum haemorrhage with sublingual misoprostol versus oxytocin in women receiving prophylactic oxytocin: a double-blind, randomised, non-inferiority trialJennifer Blum
Gynuity Health Projects, New York, NY 10010, USA
Lancet 375:217-23. 2010..This trial established whether sublingual misoprostol is non-inferior to intravenous oxytocin for treatment of post-partum haemorrhage in women receiving prophylactic oxytocin...
- Sublingual sugar administration as an alternative to intravenous dextrose administration to correct hypoglycemia among children in the tropicsHubert Barennes
Centre Muraz, Bobo Dioulasso, Burkina Faso, France
Pediatrics 116:e648-53. 2005..A randomized, clinical trial was performed in Burkina Faso among moderately hypoglycemic children, comparing sublingual sugar administration with oral water, oral sugar, and dextrose infusion administrations...
- The start of pharmacological activity after sublingual administration of sildenafil citrate in 30 patients affected by erectile dysfunctionMario De Siati
Divisione di Urologia, Ospedale De Lellis, Via Camillo de Lellis, 36017 Schio, VI, Italy
Arch Ital Urol Androl 75:18-20. 2003..We evaluated the start of pharmacological activity in 30 patients affected by non-psychogenic ED after sublingual administration of Sildenafil citrate.
- Optimal dose, efficacy, and safety of once-daily sublingual immunotherapy with a 5-grass pollen tablet for seasonal allergic rhinitisAlain Didier
Department of Pneumology, Larrey Hospital, Toulouse, France
J Allergy Clin Immunol 120:1338-45. 2007..Sublingual immunotherapy is well tolerated and data suggest its effectiveness for the treatment of allergic rhinitis in adults, but it lacks optimum dose definition...
- Assessment of sublingual immunotherapy efficacy in children with house dust mite-induced allergic asthma optimally controlled by pharmacologic treatment and mite-avoidance measuresNhan Pham-Thi
Department of Paediatric Pneumology and Allergy, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 18:47-57. 2007..Under such conditions, only a complete, but ethically unfeasible, discontinuation of inhaled corticosteroid would have demonstrated a possible benefit of SLIT...
- Pharmacokinetics and tolerability of different doses of fentanyl following sublingual administration of a rapidly dissolving tablet to cancer patients: a new approach to treatment of incident painB Lennernas
Department of Oncology, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Clin Pharmacol 59:249-53. 2005..In this study, the pharmacokinetics of a novel sublingual dosage form of fentanyl developed for breakthrough pain was evaluated...
- Safety of sublingual-swallow immunotherapy in children aged 3 to 7 yearsAlessandro Fiocchi
Department of Child and Maternal Medicine, The Fatebenefratelli Melloni University Hospital, Milan, Italy
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 95:254-8. 2005..The minimum age to start specific immunotherapy with inhalant allergens in children has not been clearly established, and position papers discourage its use in children younger than 5 years...
- Efficacy of sublingual immunotherapy with high-dose mite extracts in asthma: a multi-center, double-blind, randomized, and placebo-controlled study in TaiwanChen Kuang Niu
Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Kaohsiung Chang Gung Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, Medical College, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Taiwan, ROC
Respir Med 100:1374-83. 2006..p. and D.f. Tolerance with high-dose SLIT was good with few minor adverse events reported. Our results indicated that a 24-week SLIT is of clinical benefit to mite-sensitive asthmatic children in Taiwan...
- Sublingual administration of fentanyl to cancer patients is an effective treatment for breakthrough pain: results from a randomized phase II studyBo Lennernas
Sahlgrenska akademin, Goteborg University, Gothenburg, Sweden
Palliat Med 24:286-93. 2010..0146, SLF 400 microg) confirmed these differences as clinically important. Nausea and dizziness were the most common treatment-related adverse effects. SLF appears to be a fast, effective and well-tolerated treatment for BTP...
- Dose dependence of immunological response to sublingual immunotherapyF Marcucci
Department of Obstetric, Gynaecologic and Pediatric Sciences, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Allergy 60:952-6. 2005..We studied the dose dependence of clinical efficacy and immunological response to SLIT by administering two different dosages of the same allergen in rhinitic children monosensitized to grass pollen...
- Efficacy and safety of sublingual immunotherapy with grass allergen tablets for seasonal allergic rhinoconjunctivitisRonald Dahl
Department of Respiratory Diseases, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
J Allergy Clin Immunol 118:434-40. 2006..The sublingual route also has potential, although definitive evidence from large randomized controlled trials has been lacking...
- Effect of sublingual administration of interferon-alpha on the immune response to influenza vaccination in institutionalized elderly individualsOdile Launay
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, France
Vaccine 26:4073-9. 2008A randomized double-blind placebo-controlled study was conducted to determine the effect of sublingual administration of IFNalpha on the immune response to influenza vaccination in elderly institutionalized individuals...
- Efficacy of sublingual immunotherapy in the treatment of allergic rhinitis in pediatric patients 3 to 18 years of age: a meta-analysis of randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trialsMartin Penagos
Allergy and Respiratory Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Genoa, Italy
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 97:141-8. 2006..To evaluate the efficacy of sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) in the treatment of allergic rhinitis in children...
- Comparison of oxycodone pharmacokinetics after buccal and sublingual administration in childrenHannu Kokki
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
Clin Pharmacokinet 45:745-54. 2006We evaluated and compared the pharmacokinetics of two oral administration routes of oxycodone parenteral liquid (10 mg/mL)--single buccal and sublingual administration--in 30 generally healthy awake children, aged 6-91 months.
- Pharmacokinetics of different routes of administration of misoprostolOi Shan Tang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong SAR, China
Hum Reprod 17:332-6. 2002..The pharmacokinetic parameters of four different routes of administration of a single dose of 400 microg of misoprostol were studied...
- Economic evaluation of sublingual immunotherapy vs symptomatic treatment in adults with pollen-induced respiratory allergy: the Sublingual Immunotherapy Pollen Allergy Italy (SPAI) studyPatrizia Berto
School of Pharmacy, University of Padova, and PBE Consulting, Verona, Italy
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 97:615-21. 2006..Few data are available on the pharmacoeconomic aspects of immunotherapy...
- Sublingual immunotherapy for allergic rhinitis: systematic review and meta-analysisD R Wilson
University Hospital Birmingham NHS Trust, Birmingham, UK
Allergy 60:4-12. 2005..Increasing duration of treatment does not clearly increase efficacy. The total dose of allergen administered may be important but insufficient data was available to analyse this factor...
- Noninjection routes for immunotherapyGiorgio Walter Canonica
Division of Allergy and Respiratory Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Genoa, Italy
J Allergy Clin Immunol 111:437-48; quiz 449. 2003..Although the long-lasting efficacy has been recently documented for the sublingual route, several points still need to be elucidated, including mechanisms of action, optimal dosage, cost-effectiveness, and adherence...
- Cost effectiveness of sublingual immunotherapy in children with allergic rhinitis and asthmaP Berto
pbe consulting, Verona, Italy
Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol 37:303-8. 2005..Aim of this study was to evaluate the economic effect of treatment with high dose sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) in children...
- Efficacy of two intervals and two routes of administration of misoprostol for termination of early pregnancy: a randomised controlled equivalence trialHelena von Hertzen
UNDP UNFPA WHO World Bank Special Programme of Research, Development and Research Training in Human Reproduction, Department of Reproductive Health and Research, WHO, Geneva, Switzerland
Lancet 369:1938-46. 2007..Our aim was to assess the effects of the interval between multiple doses of misoprostol and the route of administration to terminate pregnancy...
- The safety of sublingual-swallow immunotherapy: an analysis of published studiesG B Gidaro
Stallergènes, Scientific Department, Milan, Italy
Clin Exp Allergy 35:565-71. 2005..This aspect deserves particular mention when a higher dose of allergen extract than traditional subcutaneous immunotherapy (SCIT) is required to be effective: that may be up to 500 times that employed for SCIT...
- Post-marketing survey on the safety of sublingual immunotherapy in children below the age of 5 yearsV Di Rienzo
Clinica Villa Benedetta, Rome, Italy
Clin Exp Allergy 35:560-4. 2005..Sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) seems to be safe, but no study in very young children is available. We performed a safety post-marketing surveillance study in children below 5 years...
- Comparison of costs of sublingual immunotherapy and drug treatment in grass-pollen induced allergy: results from the SIMAP database studyPatrizia Berto
School of Pharmacy, University of Padova, Italy PBE Consulting, Verona, Italy
Curr Med Res Opin 24:261-6. 2008....
- Effect of sublingual administration with a native or denatured protein allergen and adjuvant CpG oligodeoxynucleotides or cholera toxin on systemic T(H)2 immune responses and mucosal immunity in miceChing Feng Huang
Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 99:443-52. 2007..Sublingual immunotherapy has been recently used for allergic diseases, but its mechanisms are still unclear...
- Lack of inflammatory cells in the oral mucosa of subjects undergoing sublingual immunotherapyF Marcucci
Pediatrics, University Department of Medical and Surgical Specialties and Public Health, Perugia, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 21:609-13. 2008....
- Immunotherapy in children and adolescents with allergic rhinoconjunctivitis: a systematic reviewEsther Röder
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 19:197-207. 2008..In conclusion, there is at present insufficient evidence that immunotherapy in any administration form has a positive effect on symptoms and/or medication use in children and adolescents with allergic rhinoconjunctivitis...
- Efficacy and safety of high-doses sublingual immunotherapy in ultra-rush scheme in children allergic to grass pollenI Stelmach
Department of Pediatrics and Allergy, N Copernicus Hospital, 62 Pabianicka Street, Lodz, Poland
Clin Exp Allergy 39:401-8. 2009..Although sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) has been used with increasing frequency, the data on the efficacy of SLIT in pediatric asthma are limited...
- Administration regimens for sublingual immunotherapy to pollen allergens: what do we know?C Lombardi
Pneumoallergology Unit, S Orsola FBF Hospital, Brescia, Italy
Allergy 64:849-54. 2009..We review herein the available literature (randomized double blind controlled studies) on pollen SLIT, in order to derive experimentally-supported suggestions about the regimens of administration that should be preferred...
- Safety of sublingual immunotherapy started during the pollen seasonRenato Ariano
Allergy Department, ASL1 Imperiese, Bordighera, Italy
Curr Med Res Opin 25:103-7. 2009..The aim of this study was to assess the safety of ultra-rush SLIT in pollen-allergic children according to different timing of administration in relation to the pollen season...
- Misoprostol in addition to routine treatment of postpartum hemorrhage: a hospital-based randomized-controlled trial in Karachi, PakistanNadeem F Zuberi
The Aga Khan University, Dept of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karachi, Pakistan
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 8:40. 2008..This study aimed to determine the adjunct benefit of misoprostol when combined with standard oxytocics for PPH treatment...
- Is sublingual immunotherapy clinically effective?Hans Jørgen Malling
Allergy Clinic, National University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 2:523-31. 2002....
- Sublingual immunotherapy in pollen-induced seasonal rhinitis and conjunctivitis: a randomized controlled trialR Mosges
IMSIE Klinikum der Universität zu Köln, D 50924 Cologne, Germany
Acta Dermatovenerol Alp Pannonica Adriat 16:143-8. 2007..Sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) is a recognized and safe treatment for allergic rhinitis and conjunctivitis. The aim was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of tablets for grass and rye pollen- induced rhinitis and conjunctivitis...
- Effects of sublingual immunotherapy for multiple or single allergens in polysensitized patientsMaurizio Marogna
Pneumology Unit, Cuasso al Monte, Macchi Hospital Foundation, Varese, Italy
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 98:274-80. 2007..Sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) has proven efficacy in treating respiratory allergy...
- Randomized controlled trial of high-dose sublingual immunotherapy to treat seasonal allergic rhinitisHelen Smith
Wessex Research Network, Primary Medical Care, University of Southampton, United Kingdom
J Allergy Clin Immunol 114:831-7. 2004..Seasonal allergic rhinitis is common and troublesome. Sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) has been proposed as an alternative to injection immunotherapy and might offer some advantages if it were effective and practical in a community setting...
- Efficacy of grass pollen sublingual immunotherapy for three consecutive seasons and after cessation of treatment: the ECRIT studyH Ott
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, University Hospital of the Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen, Kamp Lintfort, Germany
Allergy 64:1394-401. 2009..This randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study evaluated the efficacy, carry-over effect and safety of grass pollen SLIT using co-seasonal treatment...
- A pilot study of feasibility of ultra-rush (20-25 minutes) sublingual-swallow immunotherapy in 679 patients (699 sessions) with allergic rhinitis and/or asthmaR E Rossi
Allergy Unit, National Health Service, Regione Piemonte, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 18:277-85. 2005....
- Pharmacokinetics of olanzapine after single-dose oral administration of standard tablet versus normal and sublingual administration of an orally disintegrating tablet in normal volunteersJohn S Markowitz
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 46:164-71. 2006..The homozygous TT genotype for P-gp resulted in an increased AUC of OLZ for SOT administration but not for either condition where sublingual absorption could occur...
- Safety and tolerability of ultra-rush induction, less than one hour, of sublingual immunotherapy in childrenS Tripodi
Pediatric Allergy Unit, S Pertini Hospital, Rome, Italy
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 139:149-52. 2006..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the occurrence of immediate or late adverse reactions in allergic children after a very fast (40 min) ultra-rush SLIT induction with two different allergen extract solutions...
- Sublingual administration of Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol/beta-cyclodextrin complex increases the bioavailability of Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol in rabbitsJanne Mannila
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Kuopio, P O Box 1627, FIN 70211, Kuopio, Finland
Life Sci 78:1911-4. 2006The bioavailability of Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) was determined after its sublingual administration as solid THC/beta-cyclodextrin (THC/beta-CD) complex, and was compared to oral administration of ethanolic THC, in rabbits...
- [Vaccination against allergies yields good symptom relief]Gunilla Hedlin
Astrid Lindgrens barnsjukhus, Karolinska Universitetssjukhuset Solna
Lakartidningen 105:1938-41. 2008
- Comparison of the biological activity of the most common sublingual allergen solutions made by two European manufacturersRalph Mosges
Institute of Medical Statistics, Informatics, and Epidemiology, Medical Faculty, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 139:325-9. 2006..What is still lacking is a 'conversion rate' between the biological activities of different allergen solutions to determine the one with the higher concentration...
- Successful sublingual immunotherapy with birch pollen has limited effects on concomitant food allergy to apple and the immune response to the Bet v 1 homolog Mal d 1Tamar Kinaciyan
Department of Dermatology, Division of Immunology, Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Center for Physiology and Pathophysiology, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
J Allergy Clin Immunol 119:937-43. 2007..Cross-reactivity between the major birch pollen allergen, Bet v 1, and the apple protein, Mal d 1, frequently causes food allergy...
- Specific immunotherapy with SQ standardized grass allergen tablets in asthmatics with rhinoconjunctivitisR Dahl
Department of Respiratory Diseases, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Allergy 61:185-90. 2006..As rhinoconjunctivitis often co-exists with asthma, we aimed to confirm safety and efficacy in grass allergic subjects with asthma and rhinoconjunctivitis...
- Safety of a SQ-standardised grass allergen tablet for sublingual immunotherapy: a randomized, placebo-controlled trialJ Kleine-Tebbe
Allergy and Asthma Center Westend, Berlin, Germany
Allergy 61:181-4. 2006..Sublingual treatment of grass pollen induced rhinoconjunctivitis might provide easier access to specific immunotherapy (SIT) and minimize the risk of serious adverse events (AEs) compared to subcutaneous SIT...
- Efficacy of sublingual coseasonal immunotherapy with a monomeric allergoid in Cupressaceae pollen allergy--preliminary dataR Ariano
U O Medicina Generale, Ospedale di Bordighera, A S L n 1, Imperiese
Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol 37:103-8. 2005..Respiratory allergy to conifers pollens is a growing phenomenon all over the world (Mediterranean area, USA, Japan). In France and Italy Cupressus sempervirens is the commonest offender...
- Absence of systemic immunologic changes during dose build-up phase and early maintenance period in effective specific sublingual immunotherapy in childrenE Dehlink
Department of Pediatrics and Juvenile Medicine and Department of Pathophysiology, Centre for Physiology and Pathophysiology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Clin Exp Allergy 36:32-9. 2006..Sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) has been reported to be a safe treatment for inhalant allergies in children. Yet the immunologic mechanisms resulting in clinical improvement are poorly understood...
- Sublingual specific immunotherapy reduces PBMC proliferationsD Fenoglio
DIMI CEBR, Universita di Genova, Genoa, Italy
Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol 37:147-51. 2005..Subcutaneous specific immunotherapy has been demonstrated capable of inducing T regulatory response. There is few evidence concerning immunological changes induced by sublingual immunotherapy...
- Economic evaluation of sublingual immunotherapy: an analysis of literatureG Ciprandi
Dipartimento di malattie immuno allergologiche, Semeiotica Medica I, Ospedale Universitario S Martino, Genoa, Italy
Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol 39:21-6. 2007..The data obtained, although the number of studies is still limited, provide preliminary evidence supporting a SLIT effect on sparing costs for respiratory allergy...
- Allergen-induced in vitro expression of IL-18, SLAM and GATA-3 mRNA in PBMC during sublingual immunotherapyJ Savolainen
Department of Pulmonary Diseases and Clinical Allergology, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Allergy 62:949-53. 2007..This study was undertaken to analyse the allergen induced in vitro mRNA expression of IL-18, SLAM and GATA-3 in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) of children with allergic rhinitis (AR) during SLIT...
- Sublingual immunotherapy induces IL-10-producing T regulatory cells, allergen-specific T-cell tolerance, and immune deviationBarbara Bohle
Department of Pathophysiology, Center for Physiology, Pathophysiology, and Immunology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Allergy Clin Immunol 120:707-13. 2007..The immunologic mechanisms underlying sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) are still unclear, particularly the role of regulatory T cells...
- Practice parameters for sublingual immunotherapyC Ortolani
Casa di Cura Ambrosiana, Cesano Boscone, Milan, Italy
Monaldi Arch Chest Dis 65:44-6. 2006..A duration of SLIT of 3-5 years is recommended to ensure a long-lasting clinical effect after the treatment has been terminated (grade C)...
- Quantitative assessment of the compliance with once-daily sublingual immunotherapy in children (EASY project: evaluation of a novel SLIT formulation during a year)Giovanni Passalacqua
Allergy and Respiratory Diseases, DIMI, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 18:58-62. 2007..4%) for side effects probably related to therapy. These data obtained in a quite large sample of children and in real-life confirm that the compliance with SLITOne is good, despite the therapy managed at home...
- Sublingual immunotherapy with grass pollen is not effective in symptomatic youngsters in primary careEsther Röder
Section of Allergology, Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus MC Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Allergy Clin Immunol 119:892-8. 2007..Most efficacy studies in children lack power to be conclusive, and all have been performed in referral centers...
- Evaluation of the antiinflammatory and clinical effects of sublingual immunotherapy with carbamylated allergoid in allergic asthma with or without rhinitis. A 12-month perspective randomized, controlled, trialS La Grutta
Biomedicin and Molecular Immunology Institute, IBIM CNR, Palermo
Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol 39:40-4. 2007..Thus we decided to evaluate whether it can reduce the allergic inflammation and improve the clinical symptoms in comparison to pharmacotherapy...
- Cost-effectiveness of grass allergen tablet (GRAZAX) for the prevention of seasonal grass pollen induced rhinoconjunctivitis - a Northern European perspectiveC Bachert
Upper Airway Research Laboratory URL, ENT Department, University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Clin Exp Allergy 37:772-9. 2007..The grass allergen tablet (GRAZAX) is a new allergen-specific immunotherapy for home administration...
- Long-term efficacy of sublingual immunotherapy in patients with perennial rhinitisRauf Tahamiler
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Istanbul, Cerrahpasa Medical School, Istanbul, Turkey
Laryngoscope 117:965-9. 2007..Sublingual immunotherapy has a documented clinical efficacy, but only a few long-term studies have been performed in people with perennial rhinitis...
- Immunoglobulin E and G antibody profiles to grass pollen allergens during a short course of sublingual immunotherapyW Aberer
Department of Environmental Dermatology, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 17:131-6. 2007..Various studies have shown the clinical efficacy of sublingual immunotherapy in grass pollen-induced rhinoconjunctivitis. However, even short-term treatment with grass extracts might cause sensitizations to formerly unrecognized antigens...
- Oral reactions to sublingual immunotherapy: a bioptic studyF Marcucci
Allergy Pulmonary rehabilitation, ICP Hospital, Via Bignami 1, 20100 Milan, Italy
Allergy 62:1475-7. 2007
- Grass allergen tablet immunotherapy relieves individual seasonal eye and nasal symptoms, including nasal blockageS R Durham
National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College and Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK
Allergy 62:954-7. 2007..Reported here are the effects of Grazax on individual eye and nasal symptoms...
- Prolonged preseasonal treatment phase with Grazax sublingual immunotherapy increases clinical efficacyM A Calderon
Imperial College, National Heart and Lung Institute, London, UK
Allergy 62:958-61. 2007..Aims of the study: The influence of the duration of preseasonal treatment on clinical efficacy obtained within the grass pollen season was investigated...
- Sublingual-swallow immunotherapy with standardized 3-grass pollen extract: a double-blind, placebo-controlled studyFrederic de Blay
Departement de Pneumologie, Hôpital Lyautey, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 99:453-61. 2007..Sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) is accepted as a safe and effective route for the treatment of grass pollen allergy, but clarification of its clinical and biological efficacy requires more study...
- Efficacy and tolerability of high dose sublingual immunotherapy in patients with rhinoconjunctivitisM Worm
Allergie Centrum Charité, Klinik für Dermatologie und Allergologie Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Charite Platz 1, D 10117 Berlin
Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol 38:355-60. 2006..The treatment with the sublingual solution was well tolerated. High dose sublingual immunotherapy can therefore be considered as an efficient therapeutic option in the management of IgE-mediated allergic airway diseases...
- Randomized double-blind controlled study with sublingual carbamylated allergoid immunotherapy in mild rhinitis due to mitesG Passalacqua
Allergy and Respiratory Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Allergy 61:849-54. 2006..The clinical efficacy of sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) in mite allergy and in mild disease is still a matter of debate, thus we performed a long-term clinical trial...
- [Allergic rhinitis. This year the pollen count is expected to be high]Andreas Hellmann
MMW Fortschr Med 148:51-2. 2006
- Sublingual-oral administration of standardized allergenic extracts: phase 1 safety and dosing resultsRobert E Esch
Research and Development, Greer Laboratories, Lenoir, North Carolina 28645, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 100:475-81. 2008..European studies provide a preponderance of evidence for sublingual allergen immunotherapy (SLIT) safety and efficacy, but they use allergen products that differ from those expected to be approved in the United States...
- Sublingual immunotherapy for hazelnut food allergy: a follow-up studyErnesto Enrique
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 100:283-4. 2008
- Clinical and immunologic effects of sublingual immunotherapy in asthmatic children sensitized to mites: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled studyKo Huang Lue
Department of Pediatrics, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 17:408-15. 2006..The clinical usefulness of this form of immunotherapy and the mechanism underlying its immunologic effects deserve further studies...
- Efficacy and safety of specific immunotherapy with a high-dose sublingual grass pollen preparation: a double-blind, placebo-controlled trialOliver Pfaar
Rhinology and Allergology Center, Wiesbaden, Germany
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 100:256-63. 2008..Sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) is increasingly being used for the treatment of allergic rhinitis, but there are conflicting study results demonstrating clinically relevant efficacy...
- Safety and tolerability of grass pollen tablets in sublingual immunotherapy--a phase-1 studyT H Larsen
Allergy Clinic, National University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Allergy 61:1173-6. 2006..A single-centre, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Aims: To compare the safety and tolerability of four different sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) regimes in grass pollen allergic rhinitis...
- Sublingual immunotherapy in children modulates allergen-induced in vitro expression of cytokine mRNA in PBMCJ Savolainen
Department of Pulmonary Diseases and Clinical Allergology, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Allergy 61:1184-90. 2006..Few data to date is available on mechanisms and roles of these cytokines in sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT)...
- An extract of Timothy-grass pollen used as sublingual immunotherapy for summer hay feverA B Kay
Allergy and Clinical Immunology, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College, London, UK
Drugs Today (Barc) 43:841-8. 2007..There have been no instances of anaphylaxis. In randomized double-blind placebo controlled trials Grazax reduces symptoms and medication scores in adults with hay fever. The long-term effects of Grazax are currently being investigated...
- Safety of specific sublingual immunotherapy with SQ standardized grass allergen tablets in childrenMaria Dolores Ibañez
Servicio de Alergia, Hospital Universitario Nino Jesus, Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 18:516-22. 2007..The subjects recovered completely from the events. In conclusion, in the present study, Grazax was in general tolerated in a paediatric population and considered suitable for further clinical investigations in children...
- Sublingual specific immunotherapy for adults and children: a post-marketing surveillance studyK J Drachenberg
Bencard Allergie GmbH, Munich, Germany
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 32:76-81. 2004..We describe the results of treatment with a SLIT vaccine formulated with a range of allergen extracts obtained by allergologists in daily clinical practice...
- A pre-seasonal birch/hazel sublingual immunotherapy can improve the outcome of grass pollen injective treatment in bisensitized individuals. A case-referent, two-year controlled studyA M Cirla
Istituti Ospitalieri, Center for Environmental Allergy, Cremona, Italy
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 31:31-43. 2003..The study tests the hypothesis of a reduction of priming due to tree allergy in patients sensitised to both birch/hazel and grass pollen undergoing an associated preseasonal Sublingual/Injective immunotherapy...
- Sublingual immunotherapy in the context of a clinical practice improvement program in the allergological setting: results of a long-term observational studyM Marogna
Rehabilitative Pneumology Unit, Cuasso al Monte P O, Fondazione Macchi Hospital, Varese Italy
Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol 35:133-40. 2003....
- The efficacy of sublingual immunotherapy for respiratory allergy is not affected by different dosage regimens in the induction phaseR Sambugaro
ASL 12, Pavia, Italy
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 31:329-37. 2003b>Sublingual administration of allergens is a safe and effective alternative to subcutaneous immunotherapy in patients with respiratory allergies...
- Clinical efficacy of microencapsulated timothy grass pollen extract in grass-allergic individualsElizabeth C TePas
Division of Immunology and Allergy, Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 92:25-31. 2004..It differs from other pharmacotherapies in that it can induce long-term clinical remission of these diseases. However, it requires years of treatment and is associated with serious allergic reactions...
- A double-blind placebo-controlled evaluation of sublingual immunotherapy with a standardized ragweed extract in patients with seasonal rhinitis. Evidence for a dose-response relationshipC Andre
Département Scientifique et Médical, Stallergènes S A, Antony, France
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 131:111-8. 2003..There is a growing consensus on the benefits of sublingual-swallow immunotherapy in the treatment of allergic diseases...
- [Sublingual immunotherapy in children. Immunotherapy Committee of the Spanish Society for Clinical Immunology and Pediatric Allergology]R Lleonart
Comité de Inmunoterapia de la Sociedad Española de Inmunología Clínica y Alergología Pediátrica SEICAP, Barcelona, Spain
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 31:244-9. 2003..Finally, sublingual immunotherapy could be used in children who have shown systemic reactions to subcutaneous immunotherapy or who refuse to undergo injections...
- Efficacy of sublingual immunotherapy in grass pollen allergyDirk Wessner
Private Practice, Stuttgart, Technical University Munich, Munich, Germany
Chem Immunol Allergy 82:53-61. 2003..Effectiveness in preventing the onset of allergic asthma in patients with allergic rhinitis has been demonstrated for SIT, while for SLIT this question cannot yet be answered...
- Double-blind, placebo-controlled study with sublingual immunotherapy in children with seasonal allergic rhinitis to grass pollenB Wuthrich
Allergy Unit, Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 13:145-8. 2003..The purpose of this study was to assess the efficacy and tolerance of SLIT in children who are sensitized to grass pollen...
- Variation of the skin end-point in patients treated with sublingual specific immunotherapyV Bordignon
Cittadella Hospital, Cittadella, Padua, Italy
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 13:170-6. 2003..001) and a higher rate of both no use of any drug (p = 0.013) and of at least a 50% reduction of the yearly duration of drug intake (p = 0.001) as compared to patients treated with three allergen administrations per week...
- Clinical efficacy of sublingual and subcutaneous birch pollen allergen-specific immunotherapy: a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind, double-dummy studyM S Khinchi
Allergy Clinic, National University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Allergy 59:45-53. 2004..Both sublingual allergen-specific immunotherapy (SLIT) and subcutaneous immunotherapy (SCIT) have a documented clinical efficacy, but only few comparative studies have been performed...
- Impact of sublingual immunotherapy on seasonal asthma and skin reactivity in children allergic to Parietaria pollen treated with inhaled fluticasone propionateG B Pajno
Paediatric Clinic, Messina Polyclinic Hospital, Messina University, Messina, Italy
Clin Exp Allergy 33:1641-7. 2003..Immunotherapy is a recognized treatment for allergic respiratory diseases...
- [Sublingual vs subcutaneous immunotherapy]Alfonso Olivé Pérez
Institut Català de la Salud, CAP Besos, Barcelona, Espana
Rev Alerg Mex 51:29-35. 2004..At the end of the 1980 decade, the first reports about the use of oral and sublingual routes of immunotherapy were published. This article reviews some reports comparing sublingual vs subcutaneous immunotherapy...
- [Sublingual immunotherapy with cat epithelial extract. Personal experience]A Sanchez Palacios
Unidad de Alergologia, Hospital Universitario Insular de Gran Canaria, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 29:60-5. 2001..4. In general, tolerance was good, except in one patient who presented urticaria and sublingual pruritus. 5. In polysensitized patients, sublingual immunotherapy to cat epithelium is complementary to immunotherapy to dermatophagoides...
- A prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled multi-centre study on the efficacy and safety of sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) in children with seasonal allergic rhinoconjunctivitis to grass pollenC Rolinck-Werninghaus
Department of Pediatric Pneumology and Immunology, Charite, Berlin, Germany
Allergy 59:1285-93. 2004..Especially in childhood, sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) could offer advantages over subcutaneous therapy. However, limited data on its efficacy is available...
- Randomized controlled open study of sublingual immunotherapy for respiratory allergy in real-life: clinical efficacy and moreM Marogna
Pneumology Unit, Cuasso al Monte, Macchi Hospital Foundation, Varese, Italy
Allergy 59:1205-10. 2004..We attempted to clarify these points in a randomized open, controlled, two parallel group study in a real-life setting...
- Kinetics and dynamic evaluation of specific immunotherapyC Pereira
Immunoallergology Department, Coimbra University Hospital, Pneumology Center, Coimbra University, Portugal
Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol 36:375-86. 2004..We decided to study the in vivo kinetics of this therapy, using a nuclear medicine approach (leukocytes labelled with 99mTc-HMPAO) in patients on maintenance doses of specific immunotherapy with confirmed clinical efficacy...
- Cervical preparation for first trimester surgical abortionNathalie Kapp
Department of Reproductive Health and Research, World Health Organization, 20 Rue Appia, Geneva 27, Switzerland, CH 1211
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2:CD007207. 2010..with significantly greater initial cervical dilation and lower rates of side-effects; however, sublingual administration 2-3 hours prior to the procedure demonstrated cervical effects superior to vaginal administration...
- Buprenorphine/naloxone: a review of its use in the treatment of opioid dependenceJennifer S Orman
Wolters Kluwer Health, Adis, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 69:577-607. 2009..Moreover, buprenorphine/naloxone is a generally well tolerated medically-supervised withdrawal and maintenance treatment. Thus, sublingual buprenorphine/naloxone is a valuable pharmacotherapy for the treatment of opioid dependence...
- Nitric oxide donors in pregnancy: fetomaternal hemodynamic effects induced in mild pre-eclampsia and threatened preterm laborG Luzi
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Pediatrics, University of Perugia, Italy
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 14:101-9. 1999..Glyceryl trinitrate is able to release nitric oxide (NO); deficiency of NO has been hypothesized in the pathogenesis of pre-eclamptic disorders...
- [Ultrasonographic evaluation of atherosclerotic changes in carotid and brachial arteries in obese and hypertensive children]Joanna Tołwińska
II Klinika Chorób Dzieci Akademii Medycznej w Białymstoku
Przegl Lek 62:1346-51. 2005..We measured the intimal plus medial thickness in carotid common arteries (IMT) also...
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of supplemental vitamin E on attenuation of the development of nitrate toleranceH Watanabe
Department of Cardiology, KINU Medical Association Hospital, Mitsukaido, Japan
Circulation 96:2545-50. 1997..We investigated the preventive effect of an antioxidant, vitamin E, on the development of nitrate tolerance...
- The effect of a nitric oxide donor on fetal heart rate patterns in patients with hypertensionIsrael Thaler
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
Obstet Gynecol 100:987-91. 2002..To estimate whether nitric oxide donors can be administered safely to patients with pregnancy-associated hypertension based on computer analysis of antepartum fetal heart rate (FHR) tracings...
- Acute administration of 17beta-estradiol reduces endothelin-1 release during pacing-induced ischemiaGiuseppe M C Rosano
Cardiovascular Research Unit, IRCCS San Raffaele Roma, Via della Pisana, 235 00163, Roma, Italy
Int J Cardiol 116:34-9. 2007..To assess whether acute administration of 17beta-estradiol reduces pacing-induced cardiac release of endothelin-1 in female menopausal patients with coronary artery disease...
- Oral mucosal drug delivery: clinical pharmacokinetics and therapeutic applicationsHao Zhang
Cephalon, Inc, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116, USA
Clin Pharmacokinet 41:661-80. 2002..Studies of sublingual administration of estrogen are needed to clarify the most beneficial regimen...
- Tilt testing in neurocardiogenic syncope: isosorbide versus isoproterenolA G Hermosillo
Department of Electrophysiology, Instituto Nacional de Cardiologia Ignacio Chavez, Mexico City, Mexico
Acta Cardiol 55:351-5. 2000..isoproterenol infusion at 4 microg/min (ISOP HUT), for 10 minutes, and, subsequently, were tilted after sublingual administration of 5 mg of isosorbide dinitrate (ISDN HUT) for another 12 minutes...
- Clinical advancement of RDC-0313-buprenorphine: a novel approach to opioid recepRYAN TURNCLIFF; Fiscal Year: 2012..A drug-drug interaction study of buprenorphine co-administered with and without sublingual administration of RDC-0313 is underway in collaboration with NIDA to determine the safety and tolerability of the co-..
- Effect of blood flow pattern on endothelial damageJOAQUIN GONZALES; Fiscal Year: 2007..Endothelial dilatory function will be assessed by measuring peak reactive hyperemia and sublingual administration of nitroglycerin...
- Human Laboratory Model of Cocaine Treatment: Behavioral Economic AnalysisMark K Greenwald; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Sustained-Release Naltrexone for Opioid Dependence: Longitudinal Study in HumansSandra D Comer; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Reducing Cocaine/Heroin Abuse with SR-Amphetamine and BuprenorphineMark Greenwald; Fiscal Year: 2009..The innovative aims, rigorous methods and clinical/public health significance of this project (i.e. whether SR-AMP has potential efficacy for reducing cocaine use) is highly concordant with this RFA. ..
- BUPRENORPHINE ABUSE BY HUMANS--LABORATORY STUDIESSandra Comer; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Ab Alphavirus Replicon Vaccine against CytomegalovirusRobert Esch; Fiscal Year: 2005..PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATIONS: An effective CMV vaccine will prevent mental retardation and hearing loss associated with congenital CMV disease, thereby addressing an important unmet public health problem. ..
- PAIN AND ANALGESIC RESPONSE--SEX AND HORMONE VARIATIONSSandra Comer; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, they will more carefully examine sex differences in analgesic response to butorphanol and morphine, two agonists with differing selectivities for mu and kappa opioid receptors. ..
- DAYTIME SLEEPINESS--PREVALENCE, CONSEQUENCES, AND RISKSThomas Roth; Fiscal Year: 2003..The important contribution of the present proposal is that it will be the first population-based study to use laboratory assessments, its consequences and risks to measure sleepiness. ..
- CLINICAL RESEARCH ON DRUG ABUSEERIC STRAIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, this ISA represents a good investment by NIDA. ..
- Periodontal Disease and Rheumatoid ArthritisMichael McCracken; Fiscal Year: 2005..Furthermore, it is hypothesized that among patients with rheumatoid arthritis, an association exists between the rate of progression of inflammatory arthritis and the progression of periodontal disease. ..
- Cost and Adherence in Drug Abuse TreatmentKENNETH STOLLER; Fiscal Year: 2007..This accomplishment will document my transition to the status of an independent patient-oriented researcher and recognized expert in the field of drug abuse treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effect of Diabetes on Bone Integration of ImplantsMichael McCracken; Fiscal Year: 2002..This knowledge may lead to bioengineered materials which will modify and improve bone healing response in diabetic patients who receive implants. ..
- Chlipoplex Nanoparticle Prophylactics for RSV InfectionShyam Mohapatra; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Tobacco Use in Opioid Agonist treated Pregnant WomenHendree Jones; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project will make substantial contributions to the understanding of tobacco use and cessation in pregnant women and the role tobacco has on the incidence and severity of NAS in methadone-maintained women. ..
- Maternal Opioid Treatment: Human Experimental ResearchHendree Jones; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- EVALUATION OF OPIOID ANTAGONIST ACTIVITY IN HUMANSEric C Strain; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Counseling for Primary Care Office-Based BuprenorphineDavid Fiellin; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of this study will help define the role of professional evidence-based drug counseling in expanding access to treatment with Bup. ..
- Chitosan IFNgamma-pDNA Nanosphere Therapy and Immunopathology of Allergic AsthmaShyam Mohapatra; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is anticipated that the results of these studies will contribute significantly to our knowledge of asthma and CIN therapy may provide a major breakthrough in management of asthma. ..
- SEROTONIN Treatment of Cocaine DependenceERIC STRAIN; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Chliposome IFN-gamma-pDNA Naoparticle Therapy for AsthmaShyam Mohapatra; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of the proposed research are expected to advance our knowledge of the mechanisms of asthma and may lead to the development of an effective approach for the prevention and/or treatment of asthma. ..
- IMMUNOTHERAPY FOR PATIENTS WITH PEANUT ANAPHYLAXISARVIL BURKS; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- METHADONE AND BUPERNORPHINE: ANTE- AND POST-PARTUMHendree Jones; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- CONTINGENCY MANAGEMENT FOR REAL-LIFE DRUG TREATMENTLeslie Amass; Fiscal Year: 2004..Overall, these studies will guide practitioners in the use of CM for real-life drug abuse treatment. ..
- Treating the Partners of Drug Using Preg Women: Stage IIHendree Jones; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Immunotherapy for Peanut AllergyARVIL BURKS; Fiscal Year: 2007..The significance of this proposal is that if peanut SLIT in peanut allergic patients is effective, the treatment would provide an immediate therapeutic option for patients. ..
- Soy Immunotherapy for Patients with Peanut AnaphylaxisARVIL BURKS; Fiscal Year: 2004..If soybean IT in peanut allergic patients is effective, the treatment would provide an immediate therapeutic option. ..
- EXTRAMURAL RES FACILITIES CONSTR PROJARVIL BURKS; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- IMMUNE MECHANISMS OF MIDDLE EAR DISEASEDavid Skoner; Fiscal Year: 2006..The primary hypothesis is that cytokine genotype is predictive of illness expression and of OM incidence during a documented RSV infection in young children. ..