Genomes and Genes
Summary: Injections into the lymph nodes or the lymphatic system.
- Intralymphatic immunotherapy: from the rationale to human applicationsGabriela Senti
Clinical Trials Center, Center for Clinical Research, University and University Hospital of Zurich, Ramistrasse 100, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 352:71-84. 2011..b>Intralymphatic injections proved easy, practically painless and safe...
- Intralymphatic injections as a new administration route for allergen-specific immunotherapyJulia M Martínez-Gómez
Unit for Experimental Immunotherapy, Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Zurich, Zurich CH 8091, Switzerland
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 150:59-65. 2009..To improve the safety and attractiveness of SIT for patients, alternative routes of allergen administration are being explored, such as sub-lingual or oral administration...
- [Surgical strategy in oncologic diseases of organs of the pancreatobiliary zone complicated by mechanical jaundice]I V Iarema
Vestn Khir Im I I Grek 162:27-30. 2003..It allowed twice as quick to arrest the inflammatory process in the bile ducts, to normalize the biochemical indices of blood, and to prepare the patient for the main stage of operation...
- [Efficacy of activated charcoal-epirubicin suspension for treatment of breast cancer with axillary metastasis]Wu jun Wu
Department of General Surgery, First Hospital of Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710061, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 26:1812-4. 2006..To investigate the effect of activated charcoal-epirubicin suspension (Epi-CH) for treatment of breast cancer and clearance of axillary lymph node metastasis...
- IVN201--therapy with a construct containing functional fusion peptidesHorst Rose
ImVisioN GmbH, Hannover
Arb Paul Ehrlich Inst Bundesinstitut Impfstoffe Biomed Arzneim Langen Hess 96:319-27; discussion 327-8. 2009..Patients subjectively perceived the intralymphatic injections less painful than a venous puncture...
- Intraocular lymphoma: update on diagnosis and managementChi Chao Chan
Laboratory of Immunology, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cancer Control 11:285-95. 2004..The incidence of this previously rare condition has increased dramatically. Given its nonspecific presentation and aggressive course, PIOL provides a diagnostic and therapeutic challenge...
- Intralymphatic allergen-specific immunotherapy: an effective and safe alternative treatment route for pollen-induced allergic rhinitisTerese Hylander
Department of Clinical Sciences, Intervention and Technology, Division of ENT Diseases, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Allergy Clin Immunol 131:412-20. 2013..Recent evidence suggests that direct intralymphatic injections could yield faster beneficial results with considerably lower allergen doses and markedly reduced ..
- Lymph node targeting of BCG vaccines amplifies CD4 and CD8 T-cell responses and protection against Mycobacterium tuberculosisYing Waeckerle-Men
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Zurich, Gloriastrasse 31, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Vaccine 31:1057-64. 2013..C57BL/6 mice were immunised with BCG by intradermal, subcutaneous or intralymphatic injections. Cellular immune responses and protection against M. tuberculosis were determined...
- Immunologic and clinical effects of injecting mature peptide-loaded dendritic cells by intralymphatic and intranodal routes in metastatic melanoma patientsThierry Lesimple
Centre Eugene Marquis, Rennes, France
Clin Cancer Res 12:7380-8. 2006..A phase I/II trial was conducted to evaluate clinical and immunologic responses after intralymphatic and intranodal injections of mature dendritic cells...
- [Complex therapy of acute and exacerbated chronic nonspecific parotitis including mexidol and non-coherent infrared therapy]E I Deriabin
Stomatologiia (Mosk) 85:21-3. 2006....
- Antigen challenge inhibits thymic emigrationAdam P Uldrich
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
J Immunol 176:4553-61. 2006..Thus, in addition to its accepted role in intrathymic selection events, TCR signaling can also play an important role in the regulation of thymic emigration...
- [Impact of preoperative lymphatic chemotherapy on relapse and metastasis of breast cancer and its mechanism]Wu jun Wu
Department of Gastrointestinal and Glands Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, Guangxi 530021, P R China
Ai Zheng 24:1537-41. 2005..This study was to explore the impact of lymphatic chemotherapy on relapse and metastasis of breast cancer, and to investigate the mechanism...
- Replication and propagation of attenuated vesicular stomatitis virus vectors in vivo: vector spread correlates with induction of immune responses and persistence of genomic RNAIan D Simon
Section of Microbial Pathogenesis, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
J Virol 81:2078-82. 2007..Such persistence may be important for induction of potent immune responses by VSV vectors...
- [Effect of preoperative lymphatic chemotherapy on Bcl-2 and Bax expression in axillary metastasis of breast cancer]Wu jun Wu
Department of General Surgery, First Hospital of Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710061, China
Di Yi Jun Yi Da Xue Xue Bao 25:1001-4. 2005....
- Dendritic-cell-based therapeutic vaccination against cancerFrank O Nestle
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Zurich, Gloriastrasse 31, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Curr Opin Immunol 17:163-9. 2005..This explains the current need for innovative well designed trials with defined endpoints that induce robust anti-tumor immunity...
- Direct intralymphatic injection of peptide vaccines enhances immunogenicityP Johansen
Department of Dermatology, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Eur J Immunol 35:568-74. 2005..These results should have immediate implications for clinical immunotherapy of infectious disease and cancer...
- Reevaluation of bone marrow-derived cells as a source for hepatocyte regenerationTobias Cantz
Laboratory of Cell and Gene Therapy, Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endocrinology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Cell Transplant 13:659-66. 2004..Thus, potential therapeutic prospects of hematopoietic stem cell therapy for liver disease have to be critically reassessed...
- Endolymphatic infusion: human surgical investigation and applicationS Petrov
Department of Surgery, St Petersburg State University, St Petersburg, Russia
Lymphat Res Biol 1:75-9; discussion 79-80. 2003..Based on our initial observations, we have applied endolymphatic infusion to clinical care. ELI was evaluated in the treatment of 330 patients, utilizing protocols to alter the characteristics of lymph flow...
- Intralabyrinthine fluid dynamics: Meniere diseaseJames C Andrews
Division of Head and Neck Surgery, Sepulveda UCLA Veterans Administration Hospital, 16111 Plummer Street, Sepulveda, CA 91343, USA
Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 12:408-12. 2004..Meniere disease has long been postulated to be a disorder of intralabyrinthine fluid dynamics...
- Comparison of intranasal with targeted lymph node immunization using PR8-Flu ISCOM adjuvanted HIV antigens in macaquesG Koopman
Department of Virology, Biomedical Primate Research Centre, Rijswijk, The Netherlands
J Med Virol 79:474-82. 2007..In conclusion, in contrast to what has been demonstrated in mice, the IN application of PR8-Flu ISCOM did not induce strong immune responses in rhesus macaques unlike those immunized by the TLNI route...
- Phase I study of tumor Ag-loaded IL-12 secreting semi-mature DC for the treatment of pediatric cancerA M Dohnal
Children s Cancer Research Institute, St Anna Children s Hospital, Vienna, Austria
Cytotherapy 9:755-70. 2007..IL-12, a cytokine critical for type 1 T-helper (Th1) lymphocyte and cytotoxic T-lymphocyte (CTL) differentiation, when released from a DC-based cancer vaccine, may support the generation of a cellular T-cell response...
- Targeted introduction of substances into the lymph nodes for endolymphatic therapyPeter Hirnle
Central Academic Hospital, Department of Radiation Oncology, Bielefeld, Germany
Cancer Treat Res 135:101-18. 2007
- Sclerotherapy with bleomycin does not adversely affect facial nerve function in children with cervicofacial cystic lymphatic malformationAfra Karavelioğlu
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara 06100, Turkey
J Pediatr Surg 45:1627-32. 2010..The authors conducted a clinical experimental study to evaluate facial nerve function in children who have undergone BS sclerotherapy for cervicofacial cystic lymphatic malformation...
- Dendritic cell-based vaccines for the therapy of experimental tumorsElzbieta Pajtasz-Piasecka
Ludwik Hirszfeld Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy, Polish Academy of Sciences, Wroclaw, Poland
Immunotherapy 2:257-68. 2010..In this article, the perspectives of DC-based anti-tumor immunotherapy and optimizing strategies of DC vaccination in humans in light of results obtained in mouse models are discussed...
- Effect of artificial endolymph injection into the cochlear duct on perilymph potassiumAkinobu Kakigi
Department of Otolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec 71:16-8. 2010..To investigate the relationship between endolymphatic hydrops and perilymphatic potassium...
- Pharmacokinetics and disposition of a localized lymphatic polymeric hyaluronan conjugate of cisplatin in rodentsShuang Cai
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Kansas, 2095 Constant Ave, Lawrence, Kansas 66047, USA
J Pharm Sci 99:2664-71. 2010..In addition, localized particle delivery augmented distribution in the loco-regional tissue basin where tumor burden predominates, while renal toxicity compared to standard intravenous CDDP was significantly reduced...
- Sclerotherapy of branchial cleft cysts using OK-432Myung Gu Kim
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Masan Samsung Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 141:329-34. 2009..We conducted this study to evaluate the effectiveness of sclerotherapy using OK-432 in treatment of BCC...
- Simultaneous evaluation of portal hemodynamics and liver function by scintiphotosplenoportography in pediatric recipients of living-donor liver transplantsHiroshi Yoshida
Department of Surgery, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 56:819-23. 2009....
- New ectopic vestibular hair cell-like cells induced by Math1 gene transfer in postnatal ratsYibo Huang
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat Hospital, Fudan University, 83 Fen Yang Road, Shanghai 200031, People s Republic of China
Brain Res 1276:31-8. 2009..Our study might pave the way for further in vivo studies on vestibular Math1 adenoviral vector gene transfer...
- Clinical grade OK432-activated dendritic cells: in vitro characterization and tracking during intralymphatic deliveryEmma West
Cancer Research UK Clinical Centre, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, St James s University Hospital Leeds, UK
J Immunother 32:66-78. 2009..These results show that OK-DC are suitable for clinical use, and that intralymphatic delivery is feasible for localizing cells to sites where optimal priming of innate and adaptive antitumor immunity is likely to occur...
- Intralymphatic allergen administration renders specific immunotherapy faster and safer: a randomized controlled trialGabriela Senti
Unit for Experimental Immunotherapy, Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Zurich, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:17908-12. 2008..pollen extract over 3 years [cumulative allergen dose 4,031,540 standardized quality units (SQ-U)] or 3 intralymphatic injections over 2 months (cumulative allergen dose 3,000 SQ-U)...
- Endolymphatic immunotherapy in inoperable hepatocellular carcinomaR Bertelli
Department of General Surgery and Transplantations, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Transplant Proc 40:1913-5. 2008..We report the preliminary results of endolymphatic immunotherapy in patients with inoperable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Definitive identification of a patent processus vaginalis by intraoperative injection of methylene blue into the hydrocoele sacJohn G Calleary
Department of Urology, Harold Wood Hospital, Gubbins Lane, Romford, Essex RM3 0BE, UK
J Pediatr Urol 4:218-20. 2008..We report a modification of a technique to improve identification of the PPV and thus potentially minimise the risk to the cord...
- Intralymphatic chemotherapy using a hyaluronan-cisplatin conjugateShuang Cai
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, The University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas, USA
J Surg Res 147:247-52. 2008..The purpose of this study is to determine whether lymphatically targeted cisplatin carriers will increase the localized dose in lymphatic metastases without systemic toxicities...
- Characterization of the in vivo dynamics of medullary CD4+CD8- thymocyte developmentRong Jin
Department of Immunology, Peking University Health Science Center, 38 Xue Yuan Road, Beijing, China
J Immunol 180:2256-63. 2008..Collectively, these data not only provide solid evidence for a highly ordered differentiation program for CD4SP thymocytes, but they also illustrate several important features associated with the developmental process...
- Rationale for superficial injection techniques in lymphatic mapping in breast cancer patientsOmgo E Nieweg
Department of Surgery, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Surg Oncol 87:153-6. 2004..Tracer administration close to the tumor site appears to be the safest approach for the time being. Excellent results can be obtained with this latter approach, despite the fact that it is technically more demanding...
- [Preparation of lymphatic targeting dosage form: pingyangmycin absorbed on activated carbon nanoparticles]Ming Lei Sun
Dept of Stomatology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou 450052, China
Hua Xi Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi 22:183-5. 2004..To prepare anticancer nanoparticles for targeting therapy for oral cancer lymph node metastasis...
- Targeted lymph node immunization can protect cats from a mucosal challenge with feline immunodeficiency virusS Finerty
Department of Clinical Veterinary Science, University of Bristol, Langford, BS40 5DU, Bristol, UK
Vaccine 20:49-58. 2001..Vaccination with fixed virus infected cells elicited protection against a cell-free mucosal FIV challenge. In addition, some cats vaccinated with fixed uninfected cells also remained uninfected following a cell-associated FIV challenge...
- Cytokine deviation induced by intrathymic injection of staphylococcal enterotoxin B (SEB)P Goettelfinger
Laboratoire de Physiologie Thymique, Centre Chirurgical Marie-Lannelongue, , 133, , 92350 Le Plessis-Robinson, France
Eur Cytokine Netw 12:487-500. 2001..Moreover, it highlights the crucial role of the route of SEB injection in the pattern of cytokine expression...
- [Pathologic morphology of cervical carcinoma with endolymphatic infusion of immuno-modulating drugs]L Ia Rozenko
Research Institute of Oncology, Ministry of Health of the RF, Rostov-on-Don
Vopr Onkol 47:315-20. 2001..Also, the treatment was supplemented with regional infusion of considerable doses of cytostatic mixes. Our morphological evidence pointed to the stimulation of cytostatic effect by immunomodulation...
- Immunization with Staphylococcus aureus lysate incorporated into microspheresC N O'Brien
Immunology and Disease Resistance Laboratory, USDA, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
J Dairy Sci 84:1791-9. 2001..aureus adherence to mammary epithelium. Ability to control antigen release and presentation, and the benefit of a single injection for long-term immunity using microspheres warrants additional studies...
- Mechanisms of the antimetastatic effect in the liver and of the hepatocyte injury induced by alpha-galactosylceramide in miceR Nakagawa
Pharmaceutical Research Laboratory, Kirin Brewery Company, Takasaki, Japan
J Immunol 166:6578-84. 2001..Moreover, NKT cells mediate alpha-GalCer-induced hepatocyte injury through Fas-Fas ligand signaling...
- Intralymphatic immunization enhances DNA vaccinationK J Maloy
Department of Dermatology, and Institute of Experimental Immunology, Universitatsspital Zurich, Schmelzbergstrasse 12, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:3299-303. 2001..Because injection directly into a lymph node is a rapid and easy procedure in humans, these results have important clinical implications for DNA vaccination...
- Dendritic cells injected via different routes induce immunity in cancer patientsL Fong
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Immunol 166:4254-9. 2001..d. and two of six for i.l. routes. These results suggest that while activated DC can prime T cell immunity regardless of route, the quality of this response and induction of Ag-specific Abs may be affected by the route of administration...
- Transport of viral-size particulate matter after intravenous versus intralymphatic entryA A Fokin
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Heineman Medical Research Laboratory, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC 28203, USA
Microcirculation 7:357-65. 2000..Investigation of the transport of viral-size particles after intravenous versus intralymphatic injection and the functional validity of lymphatico-venous communications...
- A profound deficiency in thymic progenitor cells in mice lacking Jak3A M Baird
Department of Pathology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester 01655, USA
J Immunol 165:3680-8. 2000..These data clearly demonstrate a strong common basis for the T cell deficiencies in mice and humans lacking gammac/Jak3 signaling pathways...
- Ionic and potential changes of the endolymphatic sac induced by endolymph volume changesA N Salt
Department of Otolaryngology, Box 8115, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Hear Res 149:46-54. 2000..If the ES plays a part in the restoration of normal endolymph volume, this process appears to proceed slowly, based on the prolonged time courses of ionic changes observed...
- An intra-Peyer's patch gene transfer model for studying mucosal tolerance: distinct roles of B7 and IL-12 in mucosal T cell toleranceY Chen
Department of Molecular and Cellular Engineering, Institute for Human Gene Therapy, and Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 165:3145-53. 2000..Based on these findings, we propose a new model to explain the paradoxical roles of B7 in mucosal immunity and tolerance...
- Local application of capsaicin into the draining lymph nodes attenuates expression of adjuvant-induced arthritisD Lorton
Hoover Arthritis Center, Sun Health Research Institute, Sun City, Arizona 85372, USA
Neuroimmunomodulation 7:115-25. 2000..These findings support a role for small, nonmyelinated, sensory nerves that modulate immune responses in DLN in the development and progression of AA in Lewis rats...
- Analysis of signals and functions of the chimeric human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor in BA/F3 cells and transgenic miceS Watanabe
Department of Molecular Biology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Immunol 164:3635-44. 2000..Thus, it appears that the cytoplasmic region of the alpha subunit is not required for hGM-CSF promoting activities, even in bone marrow cells...
- Trimetazidine prevents cochlear lesions induced by intraperitoneal and perilymphatic administration of kainic acidP Gil-Loyzaga
Department of Surgery II ORL, Faculty of Medicine and Center of Cell Culture CAI UCM, Complutense University of Madrid, Apartado de Correos 60075, 28080, Madrid, Spain
Brain Res 826:95-103. 1999..Our results are in agreement with recent clinical studies and suggest that TMZ could be an active drug on cochlear impairment linked to hypoxic-ischaemic syndromes...
- Intranodal injection of anticancer drugs into fixed cervical metastatic lymph nodesT Osaki
Department of Oral Surgery, Kochi Medical School, Japan
Oral Dis 3:247-53. 1997..In patients with head and neck carcinoma, fixed enlarged metastatic lymph nodes (LNs) are sometimes inoperable and carry an increased risk of mortality. To control metastatic LNs, we attempted intranodal injection of anticancer agents...
- Drug depots in lymph nodes: which carrier is most appropriate?P Hirnle
Department of Gynaecology, University of Tubingen
J Microencapsul 8:103-19. 1991..The large unilamellar liposomes produced with detergent dialysis technique were found to be most appropriate for this purpose since they fulfill all the above criteria...
- Immunotherapy of metastatic kidney cancerG Pizza
Immunotherapy Module, Operative Unit of Urology, Department of Urology, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Via P Palagi 9, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Int J Cancer 94:109-20. 2001From April 1986 to September 2000, 122 MRCC patients were treated by monthly intralymphatic injections (containing a mean of 573 IL-2 U and 26 x 10(6) LAK cells) and i.m...
- [Endolymphatic therapy]K Slusarczyk
Pol Merkur Lekarski 11:530-1. 2001..There are more and more attempts of using the cytostatics placed in liposomes in endolymphatic...
- Thymic myoid cells as a myasthenogenic antigen and antigen-presenting cellsMegumi Y Matsumoto
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Translational Medical Sciences, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Japan
J Neuroimmunol 150:80-7. 2004..These results suggest that myoid cells have the potential antigenicity to induce anti-AChR and the functions of antigen-presenting cells, but their expansion in the thymus may not directly cause MG...
- Cutting edge: an endogenous pathway to systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS)-like reactions through Toll-like receptor 4Geoffrey B Johnson
Department of Immunology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Immunol 172:20-4. 2004..These results provide a molecular explanation for the initiation of SIRS...
- [Lymphotropic therapy for acute purulent odontogenic jaw periostitis]I V Maiborodin
Stomatologiia (Mosk) 82:27-31. 2003..Microcirculation parameters and tissue leukocyte cytogram in gingival mucosal tissue adjacent to the canines and premolars differed negligibly in patients treated by different methods...
- Adenovirus-transduced dendritic cells injected into skin or lymph node prime potent simian immunodeficiency virus-specific T cell immunity in monkeysKevin Brown
Department of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Immunol 171:6875-82. 2003..However, boost injections of adenovirus-transduced DC were generally limited in efficacy. These findings support the use of adenovirus-transduced DC in the therapy of HIV infection and cancer...
- Receptor mechanisms of prenodal lymphatic constriction by dopamineDavid E Dobbins
Department of Anatomy, Physiology and Genetics, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, 4301 Jones Bridge Road, Bethesda, MD 20814 4799, USA
Regul Pept 114:7-13. 2003..These lymph vessels do contain both DA(1)- and DA(2)-receptors but stimulation of these receptors results in lymphatic smooth muscle relaxation...
- Characterization of thymic progenitors in adult mouse bone marrowS Scott Perry
Department of Pathology, University of Utah, 30 North 1900 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
J Immunol 170:1877-86. 2003..Furthermore, they note disparity in B and T cell expansion from this lymphoid progenitor population and suggest that it contains the progenitor primarily responsible for seeding the thymus throughout life...
- Expression of IFN-gamma upon triggering of activating Ly49D NK receptors in vitro and in vivo: costimulation with IL-12 or IL-18 overrides inhibitory receptorsJohn R Ortaldo
Laboratory of Experimental Immunology, National Cancer Institute Center for Cancer Research, B 560, Room 31 93, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA gov
J Immunol 170:1763-9. 2003....
- Intranodal injection of semimature monocyte-derived dendritic cells induces T helper type 1 responses to protein neoantigenMichel Gilliet
Department of Dermatology, University of Zurich, Gloriastrasse 31, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Blood 102:36-42. 2003..Our results indicate that intranodal vaccination with semimature DCs can prime strong, long-lasting CD4 T-cell responses with a TH1-type cytokine profile in cancer patients...
- A review of technical aspects of sentinel lymph node identification for breast cancerTodd M Tuttle
Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
J Am Coll Surg 195:261-8. 2002
- [Lymphotropic antibacterial therapy for preventing inflammatory complications of mandibular fractures]N V Iaremenko
Stomatologiia (Mosk) 81:20-3. 2002..Basing upon clinical experience we worked out indications to the regional lymphotropic antibacterial therapy as a part of complex prophylaxis of posttraumatic mandible osteomyelitis...
- Stromal cells provide the matrix for migration of early lymphoid progenitors through the thymic cortexSusan E Prockop
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Immunol 169:4354-61. 2002....
- CD25+ immunoregulatory CD4 T cells mediate acquired central transplantation toleranceJose Trani
Harrison Department of Surgical Research, Department of Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 170:279-86. 2003..Our results suggest that both clonal frequency reduction in the thymus and immunoregulatory T cells exported from the thymus are critical to transplantation tolerance induced by intrathymic Ag inoculation...
- Lymphatic mapping with tracer administration into the primary breast cancerO E Nieweg
Department of Surgery, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Surg Oncol 29:95-7. 2003..The intralesional injection technique avoids potential injection of tracer fluid across a lymphatic watershed, it enables identification of extra-axillary sentinel nodes and allows probe-guided excision of non-palpable tumours...
- A new intra-NALT route elicits mucosal and systemic immunity against Moraxella catarrhalis in a mouse challenge modelYingchun Hou
National Institute for Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, National Institute of Health, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Vaccine 20:2375-81. 2002..This new route can be used as a model to study mucosal antigens or vaccine candidates for antigen activation and interaction with the NALT that is one of major inductive sites for common mucosal immune system...
- NOD/SCID mice engrafted with human peripheral blood lymphocytes can be a model for investigating B cells responding to blood group A carbohydrate determinantWendy Zhou
Department of Surgery, Division of Frontier Medical Science, Programs for Biomedical Research, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Transpl Immunol 12:9-18. 2003..The human PBMC-NOD/SCID chimera developed by injection of blood group O human PBMC might be a useful in vivo model to test effects of immunosuppressants or other approaches on human B cells that respond to blood group A antigens...
- Migration of dendritic cell based cancer vaccines: in vivo veritas?Gosse J Adema
Department of Tumor Immunology, Nijmegen Center for Molecular Life Sciences, and Medical Oncology, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Immunol 17:170-4. 2005..Recent advances have been made in understanding DC migration in the context of DC-based vaccines...
- Streptomycin perfusion of the labyrinthJ J Shea
Shea Clinic, Shea Clinic Foundation, Memphis, Tennessee
Acta Otolaryngol Suppl 485:123-30. 1991..and Norris & Shea and two guinea pig experiments with gentamicin by Kimura.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- FAS LIGAND GENE TRANSFER IN ARTHRITISYouhai Chen; Fiscal Year: 2001..Information generated from these studies may help elucidate the mechanisms by which FasL gene transfer diminishes autoimmune arthritis and may lead to the development of a novel strategy for treatment of autoimmune arthritis. ..
- COSTIMULATION IN MUCOSAL IMMUNITY AND TOLERANCEYouhai Chen; Fiscal Year: 2002..The CTLA4 deficient ovalbumin-specific T-cells will then be adoptively transferred into normal mice and their reactivity to mucosal antigens examined. ..
- AUTOIMMUNE ENCEPHALOMYELITIS AND NF-KBYouhai Chen; Fiscal Year: 2003..Novel strategies targeting NF-kappaB may then be developed to treat or prevent autoimmune diseases. ..
- IL-6 IN AUTOIMMUNE ENCEPHALOMYELITISYouhai Chen; Fiscal Year: 2003..Information generated from these studies may not only help elucidate the mechanisms of IL-6 action in EAE but also aid in developing novel strategies to treat autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis. ..
- Discovery and functional assessment of the rat op geneDAVID DOBBINS; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis and p53Youhai Chen; Fiscal Year: 2006..Novel strategies targeting p53 may then be developed to treat or prevent autoimmune diseases. ..
- Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis and TRAILYouhai Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Type I diabetes and TRAILYouhai Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007..Information generated from these studies may not only help elucidate the mechanisms of TRAIL action in type I diabetes but also aid in developing a novel strategy to treat the disease. ..
- Autoimmune encephalomyelitis and Bcl-2- interacting mediatorYouhai H Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010....