Genomes and Genes
Summary: Injections introduced directly into localized lesions.
Publications212 found, 100 shown here
- Time-lag performance of radiofrequency ablation after percutaneous ethanol injection for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinomaKazutaka Kurokohchi
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Kagawa University School of Medicine, Kita gun, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
Int J Oncol 28:971-6. 2006..Thus, time-lag performance of RFA after PEI may make RFA treatment more effective and less invasive for the treatment of patients with HCC...
- Intralesional injections of Citoprot-P (recombinant human epidermal growth factor) in advanced diabetic foot ulcers with risk of amputationJosé I Fernández-Montequín
Service of Diabetic Microangiopathy, National Institute for Angiology and Vascular Surgery, Havana, Cuba
Int Wound J 4:333-43. 2007..Subjects were randomised to receive 75 (group I) or 25 mug (group II) rhEGF through intralesional injections, three times per week for 5-8 weeks together with standardised good wound care...
- Serial office-based intralesional injection of cidofovir in adult-onset recurrent respiratory papillomatosisJohanna Co
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 113:859-62. 2004..experience with 5 patients with adult-onset recurrent respiratory papillomatosis who were treated with intralesional injections of cidofovir after recurrence of their papillomatosis...
- Intratumoral injection of cyanoacrylate glue in head and neck paragangliomasDaniel Giansante Abud
Department of Interventional Neuroradiology, Foundation Rothschild, Paris, France
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 25:1457-62. 2004..We report our experience with the preoperative devascularization of head and neck paragangliomas by using direct puncture and an intralesional injection of cyanoacrylate...
- Relief by botulinum toxin of voiding dysfunction due to benign prostatic hyperplasia: results of a randomized, placebo-controlled studyGiorgio Maria
Department of Surgery, Catholic School of Medicine, University Hospital Agostino Gemelli, Rome, Italy
Urology 62:259-64; discussion 264-5. 2003..To evaluate the therapeutic role of botulinum toxin injection in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia...
- Pelvic osteoplasty in osteolytic metastases: technical approach under fluoroscopic guidance and early clinical resultsAlexis Kelekis
Second Radiology Department, University of Athens, Papadiamantopoulou 20, 11528 Athens, Greece
J Vasc Interv Radiol 16:81-8. 2005....
- Efficacy of an intratumoral controlled release formulation of clusterin antisense oligonucleotide complexed with chitosan containing paclitaxel or docetaxel in prostate cancer xenograft modelsChristopher M K Springate
ARC Pharmaceuticals Inc, 102 2386 East Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6T 1Z3
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 56:239-47. 2005....
- Treatment of recurrent respiratory papillomatosis with microsurgery in combination with intralesional cidofovir--a prospective studyFrederik G Dikkers
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Medical Center Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 263:440-3. 2006..5 to 128 mg per patient. Cidofovir is a promising and powerful therapeutic approach for the treatment of RRP. Currently, the combination of microsurgery with intralesional cidofovir seems to be the treatment of choice for RRP...
- Regressive effect of intralesional injection of a moderate dose of recombinant interleukin-2 on carcinoma erysipeloides from gastric carcinomaY Hamamoto
Department of Dermatology, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Japan
Clin Exp Dermatol 26:42-4. 2001..These findings suggest that this cytokine should be considered for the clinical treatment of several inoperative metastatic cutaneous diseases, including gastric cancer...
- Papular elastorrhexis in childhood improved by intralesional injections of triamcinoloneS H Lee
Department of Dermatology, College of Medicine, Gyeongsang National University, Chinju, Korea
J Dermatol 28:569-71. 2001..His skin lesions were improved by intralesional injections of triamcinolone but recurred after four months.
- 3.5-Year follow-up of intralesional cidofovir protocol for pediatric recurrent respiratory papillomatosisBrian J Chung
Head and Neck Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Desk A71, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, United States
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 70:1911-7. 2006..However, questions remain regarding the optimal dosing schedule and side-effect profile. The objective of this study was to describe patient outcomes following a standardized cidofovir protocol...
- CT-guided intratumoural administration of cisplatin/epinephrine gel for treatment of malignant liver tumoursT J Vogl
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, JW Goethe University of Frankfurt, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 63590 Frankfurt, Germany
Br J Cancer 86:524-9. 2002..For hepatocellular carcinoma a higher local therapy control rate compared to colorectal metastases can be reported...
- Intermediate-term and long-term results after treatment by cidofovir and excision in juvenile laryngeal papillomatosisAna Nusa Naiman
Department of Otolaryngology, Edouard Herriot Hospital, Lyon, France
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 115:667-72. 2006..We assessed the intermediate-term and long-term efficacy of intralesional injection of cidofovir used with surgical excision in juvenile-onset recurrent respiratory papillomatosis...
- Treatment of symptomatic diffuse esophageal spasm by endoscopic injections of botulinum toxin: a prospective study with long-term follow-upM Storr
Department of Internal Medicine II, Technical University of Munich, Germany
Gastrointest Endosc 54:754-9. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: BTX injection at several levels of the tubular esophagus is an effective treatment for patients with symptoms caused by diffuse esophageal spasm. Symptom relapse can be effectively treated by repeated BTX injection...
- Relief by botulinum toxin of lower urinary tract symptoms owing to benign prostatic hyperplasia: early and long-term resultsGiuseppe Brisinda
Department of Surgery, Catholic University Hospital Agostino Gemelli, Rome, Italy
Urology 73:90-4. 2009..To present a comprehensive experience with intraprostatic botulinum toxin (BT) injection in men with symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)...
- Tumor-specific transcriptional targeting of suicide gene therapyJ Qiao
Institute for Gene Therapy and Molecular Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Gene Ther 9:168-75. 2002....
- Sustained beneficial effects of intraprostatic botulinum toxin type A on lower urinary tract symptoms and quality of life in men with benign prostatic hyperplasiaYao Chi Chuang
Division of Urology, Chang Guang Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung, Chang Gung University Medicine of College, Taiwan
BJU Int 98:1033-7; discussion 1337. 2006....
- Prostate botulinum A toxin injection--an alternative treatment for benign prostatic obstruction in poor surgical candidatesHann Chorng Kuo
Department of Urology, Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital, Hualien, Taiwan
Urology 65:670-4. 2005..However, some patients with chronic urinary retention or a large postvoid residual urine volume due to BPH are poor surgical candidates or are patients in whom medical treatment has failed...
- Corticosteroid injections for trochanteric bursitis: is fluoroscopy necessary? A pilot studyS P Cohen
Pain Management Center, Department of Anesthesiology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Br J Anaesth 94:100-6. 2005..Although trochanteric bursa injections are commonly performed to treat hip pain, they have never been described using fluoroscopy...
- Temporary balloon occlusion and ethanol injection for preoperative embolization of carotid-body tumorMichael Horowitz
Department of Neurosurgery, Department of Radiology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Presbyterian University Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Ear Nose Throat J 81:536-8, 540, 542 passim. 2002..In this article, we also review the literature on carotid-body tumor embolization and ethanol embolization...
- Intraprostatic botulinum toxin type a injection in patients unfit for surgery presenting with refractory urinary retention and benign prostatic enlargement. Effect on prostate volume and micturition resumptionJoao Silva
Department of Urology, Hospital de S Joao, and Faculty of Medicine of Porto University, Porto, Portugal
Eur Urol 53:153-9. 2008..To evaluate the effect of intraprostatic injection of botulinum toxin A (BoNTA) on prostate volume and refractory urinary retention in patients with benign prostatic enlargement...
- Office-based treatment of laryngeal papillomatosis with percutaneous injection of cidofovirDinesh K Chhetri
Division of Head and Neck Surgery, UCLA School of Medicine, 90095, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 126:642-8. 2002..Our aim was to report our experience with office-based treatment of severe laryngeal papillomatosis with percutaneous injection of cidofovir in a case series of 5 patients...
- Efficacy of cidofovir injection for the treatment of recurrent respiratory papillomatosisAnnie S Lee
University of Pittsburgh Voice Center, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Voice 18:551-6. 2004..This prospective study included 16 RRP patients, ages 9 to 68 years, who were treated with intralesional injections of cidofovir combined with surgical excision of RRP...
- Successful use of intralesional and intravenous cidofovir in association with indole-3-carbinol in an 8-year-old girl with pulmonary papillomatosisGeorges de Bilderling
Service de Pediatrie, Cliniques de Mont Godinne, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Yvoir, Belgium
J Med Virol 75:332-5. 2005..This is the first report where a complete cure of the lung lesions occurred in a child, and was sustained for at least 24 months...
- Natural history of adult-onset laryngeal papillomatosis following multiple cidofovir injectionsAna Nusa Naiman
Department of Otolaryngology, Edouard Herriot University Hospital, Lyon, France
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 115:175-81. 2006..A prospective study was performed to assess the intermediate and long-term efficacy of intralesional cidofovir therapy associated with surgical excision in laryngeal papillomatosis in adults...
- Observations on the early results of treatment of recurrent respiratory papillomatosis using cidofovirH El Hakim
Department of Otolaryngology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario
J Otolaryngol 31:333-5. 2002..To document the response of two patients with severe recurrent laryngeal papillomatosis following treatment with intralesional cidofovir in conjunction with carbon-dioxide laser evaporation. Setting: Tertiary referral centre...
- Intralesional cidofovir for pediatric recurrent respiratory papillomatosisDavid L Mandell
Department of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh Voice Center, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 130:1319-23. 2004..To compare disease response among children with recurrent respiratory papillomatosis (RRP) who underwent combined surgical debulking and intralesional cidofovir injections vs repeated surgical debulking only...
- Case of progressive dysplasia concomitant with intralesional cidofovir administration for recurrent respiratory papillomatosisRichard D Wemer
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 114:836-9. 2005....
- Intralesional cidofovir therapy for laryngeal papilloma in an adult cohortSteven Bielamowicz
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, George Washington University, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Laryngoscope 112:696-9. 2002..To confirm the safety and efficacy of intralesional cidofovir in the management of laryngeal papilloma and to identify variables that correlate with number of injections needed to achieve remission...
- Intralesional cidofovir for the treatment of severe juvenile recurrent respiratory papillomatosis: long-term results in 4 childrenHenry A Milczuk
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239 3096, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 128:788-94. 2003..Study design and setting We conducted a prospective, observational trial at an academic tertiary children's hospital...
- [Anti-viral injectable treatment (cidofovir) in laryngeal papillomatosis]B Coulombeau
hôpital universitaire Edouard Herriot, Pavillon U, 5 Pl d Arsonval, F 69437 Lyon, France
Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord) 123:315-20. 2002..Combined Cidovir injection and surgical excision remains necessary in case of large or persistent papillomas. These results have lead us to indicate this procedure as primary treatment for laryngeal papillomatosis in adults and children...
- Intralesional cidofovir and surgical excision for laryngeal papillomatosisAna Nusa Naiman
Department of Otolaryngology, Edouard Herriot University Hospital, 5 Place d Arsonval, 69437 Lyon Cedex 03, France
Laryngoscope 113:2174-81. 2003..To evaluate the efficacy of cidofovir intralesional therapy in recurrent respiratory papillomatosis and the role of surgical excision as an associated treatment...
- Intralesional cidofovir for recurrent laryngeal papillomas: preliminary reportW R Wilson
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Ear Nose Throat J 79:236-8, 240. 2000This is a preliminary report of an ongoing study to test the efficacy of intralesional injections of the antiviral drug cidofovir in adults with recurrent laryngeal papillomas in whom multiple other treatments have previously failed...
- [Intralesional cidofovir injections for recurrent laryngeal papillomatosis: first results]K Neumann
Klinik für Hals Nasen Ohren Heilkunde, Kopf und Halschirurgie Martin Luther Universität Halle Wittenberg
Laryngorhinootologie 82:700-6. 2003..Therapy in larynx obstructing papillomatosis usually requires laser ablation. Cidofovir acts virustatically as an nucleosidanalogon. Currently pilot studies investigate the effectiveness of intralesional Cidofovir injection...
- Is cidofovir a useful adjunctive therapy for recurrent respiratory papillomatosis in children?W Peyton Shirley
Department of Pediatric Otolaryngology, The Children s Hospital of Alabama, 1940 Elmer J Bissell Road, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 68:413-8. 2004..Cidofovir is an acyclic nucleoside phosphonate that has been reported to be effective in the treatment of respiratory papillomatosis in several small series of patients...
- Cidofovir plasma assays after local injection in respiratory papillomatosisAna Nusa Naiman
Otolaryngology Department, Edouard Herriot Hospital, Lyon, France
Laryngoscope 114:1151-6. 2004..To assess cidofovir plasma concentration after intralesional airway administration for recurrent respiratory papillomatosis...
- A scheduled protocol for the treatment of juvenile recurrent respiratory papillomatosis with intralesional cidofovirDinesh K Chhetri
Division of Head and Neck Surgery, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 129:1081-5. 2003..To assess the efficacy of treating juvenile recurrent respiratory papillomas with intralesional cidofovir using a scheduled treatment protocol...
- Long-term follow-up of pediatric recurrent respiratory papillomatosis managed with intralesional cidofovirSeth M Pransky
Children s Hospital and Health Center, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
Laryngoscope 113:1583-7. 2003..The long-term efficacy of this medication was assessed in 11 children with severe RRP who previously required operative debulking every 2 to 6 weeks to maintain airway patency...
- Effect of local application of cidofovir on the control of recurrences in recurrent laryngeal papillomatosisPaulo Pontes
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Sao Paulo Federal University, 04025 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 135:22-7. 2006..To study the effect of local application of cidofovir in patients with recurrent laryngeal papillomatosis (RLP) by measuring the interval between recurrences and the extent of disease at each recurrence...
- Is intralesional cidofovir worthwhile in juvenile recurrent respiratory papillomatosis?P Sheahan
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Our Lady s Hospital for Sick Children, Crumlin, Dublin, Ireland
J Laryngol Otol 120:561-5. 2006..To investigate the efficacy of intralesional cidofovir in the treatment of recurrent respiratory papillomatosis (RRP) in children...
- Stepped-dose protocol of cidofovir therapy in recurrent respiratory papillomatosis in childrenLee M Akst
Department of Otolaryngology and Communicative Disorders, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 129:841-6. 2003..To evaluate a stepped-dose protocol for intralesional injection of cidofovir in children with recurrent respiratory papillomatosis (RRP)...
- Local intratumoral tumor necrosis factor-alpha and systemic IFN-alpha 2b in patients with locally advanced prostate cancerG Kramer
Department of Urology, University of Vienna, Austria
J Interferon Cytokine Res 21:475-84. 2001..Objective responses of metastases were not seen. Intraprostatic administration of TNF-alpha is feasible at a tolerable toxicity in patients with LA-HRPC and, thus, may be a new treatment option for these patients...
- Pharmacokinetic study of intralesional cisplatin for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinomaT S Mok
Department of Clinical Oncology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong, China
Cancer 91:2369-77. 2001..In the current study the authors examined the pharmacokinetics of direct intralesional injection of cisplatin/epinephrine/bovine collagen gel in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma and cirrhosis...
- Intratumoral administration of an adenovirus expressing a kinase dead form of ErbB-2 inhibits tumor growthK Palmer
Centre for Gene Therapeutics, Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Gene Ther 9:898-905. 2002..The results suggest both immune and non-immune mechanisms contribute to the antitumor efficacy of this vector...
- Intrahepatic ductal stone formation after percutaneous ethanol injection for residual hepatocellular carcinoma in the portal veinPhilip Chong hei Kwok
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 27:299-300. 2004
- Large infiltrative hepatocellular carcinomas: treatment with percutaneous intraarterial ethanol injection alone or in combination with conventional percutaneous ethanol injectionOlivier Seror
Departments of Radiology and Hepatogastroenterology, Hopital Jean Verdier, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Avenue du 14 Juillet, 93143 Bondy Cedex, France
Radiology 234:299-309. 2005....
- Pre-transplant treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma: assessment of tumor necrosis in explanted liversLinda L Wong
Transplant Institute and Department of Surgery, St Francis Medical Center, Honolulu, HI, USA
Clin Transplant 18:227-34. 2004..We now need to determine if tumor necrosis can allow patients to wait longer for transplant and eventually affect long-term outcome...
- [Evaluation of absolute alcohol treatment for renal cyst with percutaneous puncture and catheterization under ultrasonographic guidance]Wei bing Sun
Department of Urology, the 2nd Affiliated Hospital of Dalian Medical University, Dalian 116023, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 42:590-2. 2004..To evaluate the effect of absolute alcohol treatment for renal cyst with percutaneous puncture and catheterization...
- Survival and prognostic factors in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma treated by percutaneous ethanol injection: a 10-year experienceRoberto Mazzanti
Department of Internal Medicine Section of Medical Oncology, Postgraduate School of Oncology, University of Florence School of Medicine, Azienda Universitario Ospedaliera Careggi, Florence, Italy
Can J Gastroenterol 18:611-8. 2004..0009). The Child-Pugh and Cancer of the Liver Italian Program scores were effective in predicting prognosis of these patients. In conclusion, PEI still represents a safe and economically sound treatment for HCC...
- Percutaneous injection therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with chronic renal insufficiencyTeh Ia Huo
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:325-31. 2004..5 mg/dl or above, is not known. This study compared the survival in HCC patients with and without CRI undergoing percutaneous injection therapy...
- Ethanol sclerotherapy of peripheral venous malformationsU Rimon
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Interventional Radiology Sectionm Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, 52621, Israel
Eur J Radiol 52:283-7. 2004..Sclerotherapy alone or combined with surgical excision is the accepted treatment in symptomatic malformations after failed treatment attempts with tailored compression garments...
- Prognostic index for survival in patients after treatment for primary hepatocellular carcinomaMari Kogo
Department of Pathophysiology, Showa University School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 52:2444-51. 2007..The PI, based on five factors, will in future be an appropriate index to predict the prognosis of patients with HCC...
- Survival of cirrhotic patients with early hepatocellular carcinoma treated by percutaneous ethanol injection or liver transplantationAngelo Andriulli
Department of Gastroenterology, Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza Hospital, IRCCS, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Liver Transpl 10:1355-63. 2004..The benefit of OLT extends to all patients, regardless of the degree of liver impairment...
- Ultrasound-guided percutaneous boiling carboplatin injection (PBCI) for the treatment of small hepatocellular carcinoma: a preliminary studyXiao Yu Yin
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, 510080, PR China
Hepatogastroenterology 51:1129-34. 2004..To evaluate the therapeutic efficacy of ultrasound-guided percutaneous injection of boiling carboplatin (PBCI) for small hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Radiofrequency ablation improves prognosis compared with ethanol injection for hepatocellular carcinoma < or =4 cmShi Ming Lin
Liver Research Unit, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University, Taipei, Taiwan
Gastroenterology 127:1714-23. 2004..The aim of this study was to compare the clinical outcome of percutaneous radiofrequency (RF) ablation, conventional percutaneous ethanol injection (PEI), and higher-dose PEI in treating hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) 4 cm or less...
- Combined percutaneous radiofrequency ablation and ethanol injection for hepatocellular carcinoma in high-risk locationsStephen N Wong
Liver Research Unit, Department of Hepatogastroenterology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University, 199, Tunghwa Rd, Taipei, Taiwan
AJR Am J Roentgenol 190:W187-95. 2008..The purpose of this study was to investigate whether combining percutaneous ethanol injection (PEI) with radiofrequency ablation in the management of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in high-risk locations improves treatment outcomes...
- Intracoronary transplantation of autologous bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells for ischemic cardiomyopathy due to isolated chronic occluded left anterior descending arteryShaoliang Chen
Nanjing First Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
J Invasive Cardiol 18:552-6. 2006..Studies have revealed that stem cells improve clinical outcomes in patients with severe ischemic cardiomyopathy, but the role of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells is not well understood...
- Transforaminal posterolateral endoscopic discectomy with or without the combination of a low-dose chymopapain: a prospective randomized study in 280 consecutive casesThomas Hoogland
Department of Spine Surgery, Alpha Klinik Munich, Munich, Germany
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:E890-7. 2006....
- Treatment of tumour recurrence after resection of hepatocellular carcinoma. Analysis of 97 consecutive patientsJ G Tralhão
Service de Chirurgie Generale, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 33:746-51. 2007..To evaluate the long-term results of aggressive treatment of HCC recurrence...
- Obesity did not diminish the efficacy of percutaneous ablation for hepatocellular carcinomaTakamasa Ohki
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Liver Int 27:360-7. 2007..In addition, overweight may affect the treatment efficacy of ultrasound-guided percutaneous ablation. We evaluated the impact of overweight on the safety and efficacy of percutaneous ablation to hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Combined percutaneous radiofrequency ablation and ethanol injection of renal tumours: midterm resultsNicos I Fotiadis
Department of Interventional Radiology, Guy s and St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Eur Urol 52:777-84. 2007..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of combined percutaneous, image-guided, radiofrequency (RF) ablation and ethanol injection of renal tumours, and to present our midterm results...
- Individualized treatment models based on blood supply characteristics in hepatocellular carcinoma using color Doppler hemodynamicsQin Si
The 81st Hospital of People s Liberation Army of China, Nanjing, China
Hepatogastroenterology 54:334-41. 2007....
- [Combined treatment for malignant tumors using focal ethanol injections]N N Veriasova
Vopr Onkol 53:200-5. 2007..After ethanol ablation, size of metastatic foci fell by 79%, from 13.9+/-4.3 to 2.9+/-2.4 cm3 (p<0.05). One- and three-year survival rates were 91 and 13%, respectively...
- Hepatic resection compared to percutaneous ethanol injection for small hepatocellular carcinoma using propensity score matchingYong Beom Cho
Department of Surgery, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:1643-9. 2007..There have been several studies comparing hepatic resection (HR) and percutaneous ethanol injection (PEI) for the treatment of HCC. However, there is still disagreement about the best treatment modality...
- Risk factors of survival after percutaneous radiofrequency ablation of hepatocellular carcinomaZhen wei Peng
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Cancer Centre of Sun Yat sen University, 651 Dongfeng Road East, Guangzhou 510060, China
Surg Oncol 17:23-31. 2008..This study aimed to determine the risk factors of survival in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) undergoing percutaneous radiofrequency ablation (PRFA)...
- Survival of patients with early hepatocellular carcinoma treated by percutaneous alcohol injectionA Andriulli
Department of Gastroenterology, Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza Hospital, IRCCS, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 23:1329-35. 2006....
- A critical appraisal of the literature on local ablative therapies for hepatocellular carcinomaRiccardo Lencioni
Division of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Department of Oncology, Transplants, and Advanced Technologies in Medicine, University of Pisa, Via Roma 67, Pisa I 56125, Italy
Clin Liver Dis 9:301-14, viii. 2005..Further randomized trials are needed to establish the clinical efficacy of radiofrequency ablation with respect to other percutaneous treatments and to devise an unbiased therapeutic strategy...
- Technologies for ablation of hepatocellular carcinomaMatthew R Callstrom
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Gastroenterology 134:1831-5. 2008
- Long-term results of single-session percutaneous drainage and ethanol sclerotherapy in simple renal cystsDevrim Akinci
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, Hacettepe University, Shhiye, Ankara TR 06100, Turkey
Eur J Radiol 54:298-302. 2005..To demonstrate the efficacy and long-term results of the single-session ethanol sclerotherapy in simple renal cysts...
- Randomised controlled trial comparing percutaneous radiofrequency thermal ablation, percutaneous ethanol injection, and percutaneous acetic acid injection to treat hepatocellular carcinoma of 3 cm or lessS M Lin
Liver Research Unit, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University, 199 Tung Hwa North Rd, Taipei, Taiwan
Gut 54:1151-6. 2005..The aim of this study was to compare the outcomes of radiofrequency thermal ablation (RFTA), percutaneous ethanol injection (PEI), and percutaneous acetic acid injection (PAI) in the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Modified percutaneous ethanol injection in the treatment of viscous cystic thyroid nodulesWitold Zieleznik
Center for Laser Diagnostics and Therapy Chair and Clinic of Internal Diseases and Physical Medicine, Silesian Medical University, Bytom, Poland
Thyroid 15:683-6. 2005..No complications were observed. Therefore, our new two-stage PEI procedure appears all efficient alternative approach for the treatment of VCTNs even if further investigations on a larger series are required...
- Adenosquamous carcinoma of the uterine cervix--adjuvant chemotherapeutic treatment with paclitaxel and carboplatin; a case reportV Radić
Merkur University Hospital, Zagreb, Croatia
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 26:449-50. 2005..Paclitaxel in combination with carboplatin as adjuvant chemotherapeutic treatment could be another promising agent for patients with advanced metastatic cervical adenocarcinoma...
- Percutaneous ablation procedures in cirrhotic patients with hepatocellular carcinoma submitted to liver transplantation: Assessment of efficacy at explant analysis and of safety for tumor recurrenceMaurizio Pompili
Istituto di Medicina Interna e Geriatria, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Roma, Italy
Liver Transpl 11:1117-26. 2005..RFA provides complete necrosis in most nodules smaller than 3 cm, and appears to be the best treatment option in these cases...
- Intraoperative US-guided large volume ethanol injection for hepatocellular carcinoma greater than 4 cmRicardo Mondragón-Sánchez
Department of Gastroenterology, Institutuo Nacional de Cancerología, Mexico City, Division of Surgery, Centro Medico ISSEMYM, Metepec, Mexico
Ann Hepatol 4:200-3. 2005..Percutaneous ethanol injection has been successfully used for hepatocellular carcinomas (HCC) smaller than 5 cm in size. For larger lesions large volume ethanol injection has not been well explored...
- Treatment of simple renal cysts with single-session percutaneous ethanol sclerotherapy without drainage of the sclerosing agentRenato Falci-Júnior
Division of Urology, Clinical Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Endourol 19:834-8. 2005..To evaluate percutaneous single-session sclerotherapy with ethanol without drainage of the sclerosing agent in symptomatic simple renal cysts that require treatment...
- Local injection therapy for hepatocellular carcinomaXiao Dong Lin
Department of Ultrasound, Union Hospital of Fujian Medical University, Fuzhou 350001, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 5:16-21. 2006..Besides the limitations of insufficient organ donors and a long waiting time for liver transplantation, however, resection is applied only to patients with good hepatic reserve and localized tumors, with a resectability of 30%...
- New treatment for cystic tumors of the pancreas: EUS-guided ethanol lavage with paclitaxel injectionHyoung Chul Oh
Division of Gastroenterology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 67:636-42. 2008..Recently, complete resolution of cystic tumors by EUS-guided ethanol lavage was reported in a pilot study...
- Radiofrequency ablation of unresectable primary liver cancerJerome Seidenfeld
Technology Evaluation Center, Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, Chicago, IL 60601 7680, USA
J Am Coll Surg 194:813-28; discussion 828. 2002
- Combination of laparoscopic bilateral uterine artery ligation and intraamniotic methotrexate injection for conservative management of cervical pregnancyHao Lin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chang Gung Memoreial Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 10:215-8. 2003....
- Electroporation therapy in head and neck cancerMartin Burian
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, General Hospital of Vienna, Vienna Medical School, Vienna, Austria
Acta Otolaryngol 123:264-8. 2003..To prove the efficacy of electroporation therapy (EPT) in T1 and T2 squamous cell cancers of the oral cavity and oropharynx...
- Pictorial essay. Hepatocellular carcinoma: imaging and imaging-guided interventionKelvin H Y Lee
Department of Medical Imaging, University Health Network and Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 2C4 Canada
AJR Am J Roentgenol 180:1015-22. 2003
- Significance of reduction surgery in multidisciplinary treatment of advanced hepatocellular carcinoma with multiple intrahepatic lesionsHisao Wakabayashi
Department of Surgery, Takamatsu National Hospital, Takamatsu City, Kagawa, Japan
J Surg Oncol 82:98-103. 2003....
- Treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma by percutaneous interventional methodsTito Livraghi
Department of Radiology, Ospedale Civile, via Cereda 23, 20059 Vimercate, Milan, Italy
Hepatogastroenterology 49:62-71. 2002..Evaluation of their therapeutic efficacy, techniques and results are reported...
- Prognosis of small hepatocellular carcinoma treated by percutaneous ethanol injection and transcatheter arterial chemoembolizationChao Sheng Liao
Department of Internal Medicine, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, No 95, Wen Chang Road, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Clin Epidemiol 55:1095-104. 2002..Our results suggest the optimal frequency of clinical surveillance of small HCC cases after treatment should take account of increased hazard rate with time and the roles of pretreatment clinico-pathologic variables...
- Prognostic factors in patients with small hepatocellular carcinoma treated by percutaneous ethanol injectionHitoshi Kuriyama
Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Oncology Division, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 17:1205-10. 2002..However, only a few extensive investigations have been conducted regarding the prognostic factors for HCC patients treated with PEI...
- Surgery and ablative therapy for hepatocellular carcinomaCharles Cha
Hepatobiliary Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 35:S130-7. 2002..The rational application of the myriad of therapies to a patient with HCC is designed to maximize both quality of life and survival...
- Difficult management decisionGuadalupe Garcia-Tsao
Liver Study Unit, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 35:S143-6. 2002
- Intratubal methotrexate for prevention of persistent ectopic pregnancy after salpingotomyHakan Kaya
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Suleyman Demirel, Isparta 32040, Turkey
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 9:464-7. 2002..To investigate whether frequency of persistent ectopic pregnancy after linear salpingotomy can be reduced by prophylactic administration of a single intraoperative injection of local methotrexate...
- Aggressive management of patients with extrahepatic and intrahepatic recurrences of hepatocellular carcinoma by combined resection and locoregional therapyRonnie Tung Ping Poon
Centre for the Study of Liver Disease, Department of Surgery, University of Hong Kong Medical Centre, Queen Mary Hospital, China
J Am Coll Surg 195:311-8. 2002..This study evaluated the role of combined resection and locoregional therapy in the management of selected patients with extrahepatic and intrahepatic recurrences...
- Ethanol versus radiofrequency ablation for the treatment of small hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with cirrhosis: a retrospective study of efficacy and costOlivier Seror
Service de Radiologie, Hopital Jean Verdier, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Bondy
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 30:1265-73. 2006..To compare cost effectiveness of radio-frequency (RF) ablation versus percutaneous ethanol (Pe) ablation for treatment of small hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Percutaneous ethanol injection vs. resection in patients with small single hepatocellular carcinoma: a retrospective case-control study with cost analysisJ Gournay
Service de Gastroentérologie et d Hépatologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nantes, Nantes, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 16:1529-38. 2002..Percutaneous ethanol injection and hepatic resection are the most widely used curative therapeutic options for patients with compensated liver disease and small hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Hepatocellular carcinoma: current approaches to diagnosis and managementG W McCaughan
AW Morrow Gastroenterology and Liver Centre, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Intern Med J 32:394-400. 2002..Recent developments in diagnostic imaging allow for identification of small lesions amenable to curative therapy. Effective therapy of advanced hepatocellular carcinoma remains a major clinical problem...
- Survival benefit of cirrhotic patients with hepatocellular carcinoma treated by percutaneous ethanol injection as a salvage therapyTeh Ia Huo
Dept of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital and National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taiwan, Republic of China
Scand J Gastroenterol 37:350-5. 2002..The safety and efficacy of percutaneous ethanol injection (PEI) as a salvage therapy in such patients is not clear...
- Long-term survival of Taiwanese patients with hepatocellular carcinoma after combination therapy with transcatheter arterial chemoembolization and percutaneous ethanol injectionYu Hsien Li
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Taipei Municipal Jen Ai Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 102:141-6. 2003..This study investigated the long-term survival and prognostic factors of HCC patients treated with TACE/PEI combination therapy...
- [Use of corticosteroids after esophageal dilations on patients with corrosive stenosis: prospective, randomized and double-blind study]Marcelo Amade Camargo
Departamento de Moléstias do Aparelho Digestivo Gastrocentro Faculdade de Ciências Médicas, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, SP, Brasil
Rev Assoc Med Bras 49:286-92. 2003To determine triancinolone intralesional injections effects in association with esophageal dilations in corrosive stenosis cases, by means of a double-blind and randomized study.
- Evaluation of endoscopic hemostasis with metallic hemoclips for bleeding gastric ulcer: comparison with endoscopic injection of absolute ethanol in a prospective, randomized studyRyo Shimoda
Department of Internal Medicine, Saga Medical School, Nabeshima, Saga, Japan
Am J Gastroenterol 98:2198-202. 2003..In this study, a prospective, randomized trial was performed to evaluate endoscopic hemoclipping for bleeding gastric ulcer in comparison with endoscopic injection of absolute ethanol...
- A prospective, randomized comparison of 10-Fr versus 7-Fr bipolar electrocoagulation catheter in combination with adrenaline injection in the endoscopic treatment of bleeding peptic ulcersGregorios A Paspatis
Department of Gastroenterology, Benizelion General Hospital, and School of Education, University of Crete, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Am J Gastroenterol 98:2192-7. 2003..Our study compared the efficacy of bipolar electrocoagulation (gold probe) with 10-Fr (group A) versus 7-Fr (group B) catheter after adrenaline injection in the treatment of bleeding peptic ulcers...
- Flash echo gray scale imaging with subtraction in assessment of small hepatocellular carcinoma treated with percutaneous ethanol injection: preliminary reportJ H Wang
Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Ultrasound Med 20:539-44. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Our preliminary results show that flash echo imaging with subtraction has potential value in evaluation of the therapeutic effect of percutaneous ethanol injection on small hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Combined treatment of a proliferative peri-orbital haemangioma with a tuneable dye laser and intra-lesional steroids to prevent deprivation amblyopiaC M Gorst
Alder Hey Children's Hospital, Liverpool, UK
J R Coll Surg Edinb 46:234-6. 2001..Early intervention is required to prevent complications. We present a case successfully treated with a combination of pulsed dye laser and intralesional steroid injection. The current management of haemangiomas is reviewed...
- Percutaneous local ablative therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma: a review and look into the futureW Y Lau
Department of Surgery, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong SAR, China
Ann Surg 237:171-9. 2003..To review and compare treatment result for percutaneous local ablative therapy (PLAT) with surgical resection in the treatment of small hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Evidence-based therapy for cutaneous sarcoidosisChristy B Doherty
Department of Dermatology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77005, USA
Drugs 68:1361-83. 2008..g. clobetasol) or repeated intralesional injections of triamcinolone (3-10 mg/mL) may be all that is needed in mild skin-limited disease...
- Enhancement of Ad-p53 Therapy with Intratumoral TaxaneGEORGE YOO; Fiscal Year: 2004..Favorable data from the proposed project will lead to the development of clinical trials using intratumoral and intra-wound injections of docetaxel and Ad-p53. ..
- New management of vocal scar with antibody/ICG guided laserZhi Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..It presents a real challenge for physicians. Current treatment options include topical or intralesional injections, surgical resection or grafting, and other managements...
- BIODEGRADABLE MICROSPHERES FOR CANCER IMMUNOTHERAPYNEJAT EGILMEZ; Fiscal Year: 2001..In Aim 1, intralesional injections of IL-12- loaded micro spheres are employed to induce the suppression and/or regression of established ..
- Neoadjuvant Cytokine Immunotherapy by PLA MicrospheresMichael Sabel; Fiscal Year: 2007..I will pursue this area of investigation as a full-time faculty member, with full commitment from the Department of General Surgery and the Division of Surgical Oncology at the University of Michigan Medical Center. ..
- Phase II Study of 44Gy from 131I-81C6 for CNS TumorsDavid Reardon; Fiscal Year: 2004..To further define the toxicity of this approach and Specific Aim 3.To determine the impact of this therapy on quality of life. ..
- DIFFUSION MRI AS BIOMARKER FOR THERAPY RESPONSE IN BREAST CANCER METASTASESAlison T Stopeck; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- ENHANCING TUMOR VACCINES WITH CO-STIMULATORY MOLECULESHoward Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2004..This may have important implications for the future design of tumor vaccines in melanoma and other settings. ..
- Conditional Replicating Adenovirus for Glioma TreatmentJuan Fueyo; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Stem cell sources for postnatal tissue formation/repairDavid Glaser; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Galvanic Effects on the Human Vestibuloocular ReflexAmerico Migliaccio; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pirfenidone in Children with PNs in NF1Roger Packer; Fiscal Year: 2006..Abstract Not Provided ..
- MULTIPLE GENE CARRIER ADENOVIRAL CONSTRUCTS FOR GLIOMASJuan Fueyo; Fiscal Year: 2001..This study presents an anti-cancer strategy based on gene combinations to generate cytostatic and cytotoxic actions through distinct growth inhibitory and cell death mechanisms. ..
- Cardiac Stem Cell Growth, Aging and DeathJan Kajstura; Fiscal Year: 2008..Conversely, inhibitors of the cell cycle and marker of cellular senescence increase in combination with oxidative DNA damage, potentiating the endogenous cell death pathway. ..
- Gender-Specific Treatment of Pediatric Cardiac ArrestRobert Clark; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- BIOEFFECTS OF GAS BODY ACTIVATION IN MEDICAL ULTRASOUNDDouglas Miller; Fiscal Year: 2009..This project will examine bioeffects in cells and tissues and show how to safely use ultrasound contrast agents in diagnostic imaging. ..
- THE PHYSIOLOGY OF IGFBP DEGRADING PROTEINASES IN BONEJohn Fowlkes; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Divergent Pathways of Cell Death after Brain InjuryRobert S B Clark; Fiscal Year: 2010..Several unique pathways contribute to overall brain damage. This application seeks to define clinically important pathways, and design novel, sex-based strategies that improve neurological outcome after brain injury. ..
- Image-Guided Interventional Cancer Therapy with Liposomal RadionuclidesAnde Bao; Fiscal Year: 2010..This method will potentially benefit cancer patients by enhancing tumor drug concentrations and thereby improving tumor therapy while decreasing damage to normal tissue. ..
- Effect of Oral Lactoferrin on Head and Neck CarcinomaJeffrey Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2006..Identifying the effect and mechanism of lactoferrin on malignant tumors may allow further enhancement of its chemotherapeutic use, and may lead to improved therapies for head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. ..
- BIOEFFECTS OF GAS BODY ACTIVATION IN MEDICAL ULTRASOUNDDouglas Miller; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF RETINAL DEGENERATIONSSamuel Jacobson; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of this research will lead to the formulation of hypotheses about the underlying molecular events in these diseases and may evolve into recommendations for treatment paradigms in these blinding retinal degenerations. ..
- ULTRASOUND ENHANCEMENT OF CANCER GENE THERAPYDouglas Miller; Fiscal Year: 2002..This research will provide a bridge from the basic research breakthrough to specific therapeutic applications and urgently needed clinical research programs utilizing this novel technology. ..
- Scanning the Vaccinia Proteome for antiSmallpox AntigensDavid Roth; Fiscal Year: 2002..This vaccine will have no risk of producing vaccinia virus disease or Eczema vaccinatum. ..
- Anti-ABeta Immunity Against Alzheimer's DiseaseKenneth Ugen; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will comprehensively address the potential role of cellular immune responses to Abeta vaccines. ..
- ULTRASOUND ENHANCEMENT OF CANCER GENE THERAPYDouglas Miller; Fiscal Year: 2003..This research will provide a bridge from the basic research breakthrough to specific therapeutic applications and urgently needed clinical research programs utilizing this novel technology. ..
- Development of a Spinal Intervertebral Disc ProsthesisGLENN BUTTERMANN; Fiscal Year: 2003..The objective of Phase I is to demonstrate that the device restores normal spine biomechanics (range of motion and stiffness) and is durable in fatigue testing. ..
- Angiogenesis and Cardiac Growth as Heart Failure TherapyY Woo; Fiscal Year: 2008..The candidate's institution, sponsor, and chairman provide a uniquely supportive, high-caliber, educationally stimulating environment highly conducive to the achievement of these goals. ..
- RPE-Mphi Binding: Ca++_&O2-_Dependent AMD ResponsesVictor Elner; Fiscal Year: 2008..This new knowledge is likely to lead to advances in therapy, which may stem or prevent AMD. ..
- CHILDRENS NATIONAL MEDICAL CENTERRoger Packer; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Sustained Release Inner Ear Delivery of CorticosteroidWilliam Slattery; Fiscal Year: 2007..This system could also be used for other drugs where chronic delivery is essential. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of Myocardial Radiofrequency Scar ExpansionRupak Mukherjee; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Transcriptionally Active PCR to Improve DNA VaccinesDavid Roth; Fiscal Year: 2004..A high throughput vaccine antigen screening system will be developed to enable the identification of potent vaccine antigens from complex organisms such as malaria. ..
- Phase I trial of PHP with high-dose IL-2Wolfram Samlowski; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Early-onset retinal degenerationsSamuel Jacobson; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Renin Angiotensin for Coronary Microvascular DysfunctionCarl Pepine; Fiscal Year: 2005....